Find a Mortgages partner

3.6/5 (184 ratings)
Find a Mortgages partner

Find Mortgage Lenders partners near you

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

About Wells Fargo Mortgage

Wells Fargo is a national bank with branches in many communities. Its services include home loans, mortgage refinancing and home equity loans. Explore mortgage information, affordability calculators and home loan shopping tools on its website. If you’re interested, apply online or talk to a Wells Fargo mortgage consultant in your area.

Find Mortgage Lenders partners near you

Pros

• Easy online payment
    • Local representatives
    • Little or no money down options

Cons

• Strict eligibility requirements

Bottom Line

Wells Fargo mortgages are available for first-time homebuyers, repeat homebuyers and homeowners who want to refinance or access the equity in their homes. To apply, visit Wells Fargo online or at a local branch.

Banner image

Looking to refinance your mortgage?

See which lender is best for you!

View Rates

Wells Fargo Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo Mortgage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: July 25, 2021

Wells Fargo Bank Home mortgage not even deserve 0 rating, all of Wells Fargo Bank Home Mortage employee are unprofessional, liar, wasting people time as well people money. They don’t know what they are doing, they are not well train, most of them don't have work experience. They are just ripping off people. I am customer with Wells Fargo 5 years, I have 750 Credit score. I don’t have any other payments, I have permanent State job making more than 80k a year.

I applied for loan and submitted all the required documents also I was paying 20% down. On 07/19/2021 was my closing date me and my real-estate agent was sending emails we called them since three days nobody was answering us. On 07/21/2021 they answer the call and told us that, "Your loan is not approved, we cancel your loan because you don't have three years futures planning of continuing income."

I am requesting written notice from them but they are not sending me any written notice, not answering my calls even. I paid for appraisal. They told me to take insurance, at the end they are saying I am not approved for loan because I don't have 3 years future plan. I am asking from them who knows the future what will happen, who is guaranteeing the future nobody, we are human not GOD. Shame of Wells Fargo Bank, wish I was not waste my time with them.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Updated on 07/31/2021: I wanted to update my last review but I don't see where I can do that so here's an additional review that I'm STILL WAITING for Wells Fargo to refinance my home or give me any kind of resolution. They have extended my rate lock yet another month because they've messed up so many times. But now if that was on me there's no way my rate lock would be extended. I've also been told I'd be contacted by somebody regarding my initial complaint and here I am still waiting for that too. At this point I'm going to cancel the whole refinance with Wells Fargo and go with a smaller company that will offer a better rate. Wells Fargo you've been a horrific experience.

Original Review: I've been trying to refinance for almost 3 months now. On day two of the process I informed my mortgage consultant the law office/title provider that I chose. Today almost 3 months later I'm being told that my refinance is going to have to be delayed another week or two because of this "change" i.e. me wanting to use my title provider that I chose two days after I started this process. I will never ever use Wells Fargo for any type of loan or banking in the future. My original loan with a small company was so smooth and flawless I had no idea what I was in for with Wells Fargo.

Do yourself a favor and go with a smaller bank when getting a home loan or refinancing. They may end up selling your mortgage to a bigger company like Wells Fargo but throughout the process you will get much better customer service. People who actually remember what you say or email and care about what you say to them so you're not repeating yourself many many times and also having to fill out the same form many times. A mega bank like Wells Fargo is trying assist too many customers that you almost can't blame the multiple people they put in charge of your process. You are just a number, you are not a person.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Updated on 06/17/2021: So Wells Fargo responded to my review. They promised a phone call by the end of the day from one of their problem resolution person. He never called. Still no date to close on my refinance. Still no communication.

Original Review: I have been waiting now 67 days for my refinance to get done. The person who was working on my loan is never in the office. I have reached out for answers and still haven't heard what the issue is. I think they are hanging on to the loan as long as possible to keep charging me the higher interest rate since I already have a mortgage with them. I find their communication to be terrible. I'm constantly needing to resend documents because they are taking too long to complete the loan process so they expire. No one can answer me. I was approved in May for the loan. I started the process in April.

Original review: April 29, 2021

I loved Wells Fargo. I have heard a lot of complaints about them, but I had no problem with them. I would definitely use them again in the future. They were very customer oriented. I even got a gift card from them for refinancing.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I ended up with Wells Fargo for my mortgage after Wells Fargo acquired Washington Mutual. I called several time and ask if I can get a loan modification that I qualified for back in 2009/2010 and received no help. I was in a bad loan that was written by Washington Mutual and ended up paying over $200.000 extra interest on my loan. In March of 2020 I was able to pay my mortgage but not my taxes on my house. Wells Fargo didn't apply the payment to my loan because of that. I didn't find out for a couple of years. They used part of the money for something I don't know until today. The rest I was able to apply to a payment in 2014.

Wells Fargo charged me late interest fees for almost 10 years and sold my loan to Rushmore Mortgage. It is a nightmare dealing with them. Now I had to make double payment to be current on my loan with them and the late fees are still sitting there not resolved. Neither Rushmore or Wells Fargo offering any help or admitting that Wells at Fault. Wells got so much money to get bailed out and consumers like myself are not getting any help. Very frustrated.

Original review: April 24, 2021

I am having nightmare experience with Wells Fargo currently while working on my home refinancing. I already have original loan with them. First they promised me a good rate and when I agreed to go with them, they gave me .75 higher rate than originally quoted. After that they tried to support their false claims. I decided to move on, and they called me back that they can keep their promise.

I decided to give them second chance, so now they are trying to add some cost to my closing cost. In this screenshot, they have added $7,000 to my closing cost and they are claiming that they are giving me 0 discount points. While when I asked them what will be a closing cost without discount points, they gave me that number little more than $4,000. I am to the point horrified that if they will not correct that, I may surely move on from them forever. Their standard is keep going down for sure. I am missing integrity and trust. Previously, I have worked with them multiple times for home mortgage and refinancing but after this experience, no more Wells Fargo.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Think twice before you finance your home through Wells Fargo. They will change your contract to their advantage. I refinanced my home through them in 2013. Due date was supposed to be set up on the 15th of each month. They set it up on the 1st of the month. I get paid on the third week of each month. When I contacted them and explained why I needed the 15th, they told me not to worry about it that they’d never charge me late fees. For 8 years they stood behind the deal. For 8 years when they would call about it, they would look and see the deal in the notes. Now for some reason all the notes have disappeared. No records of them making this deal with me. And now all of a sudden I’m being charged late fees, which they know will add up every month for the next 12 years.

Two months ago when they called me, the notes were still there stating no late charge. They say no one has the ability to change the notes, but they mysteriously disappeared. Don’t trust them, they will rip you off in the long run. They say they can’t explain why I haven’t paid late charge for over 8 years. Common sense tells you there was a reason, but they can’t explain why this was overlooked for 8 years. They say I should be happy that I didn’t have to pay for the last 8 years and start paying 36 dollars extra a month. Very unhappy customer.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Had difficulties in negotiating numerous times with Wells Fargo for a lower interest rate on mortgage. I was successful with other lenders so highly recommend doing your research. I'm recommending Freedom Mortgage particularly for VA loans.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Wells Fargo is a rip off. They overcharged me on PMI after my loan had been paid in full. Also, in order to get a PMI removed they make a customer jump through hoops. The customer has to pay extra money to have a PMI removed. I am so happy I refinanced with another company. (Note: I am with American Financing now. So happy I switched.)

Original review: April 7, 2021

Wells Fargo pre-approved me last year 2020. After I paid all my fees and desktop appraisal fee they said they could not give me a loan because my business had a bad month during Covid19 which was the month of March 2020. I then went to United Wholesale Mortgage, received a better interest rate because of my 740 FICO score. They were unable to use WF Desktop Appraisal, I have been asking WF to refund me my money and no one has responded. They keep sending me to different staff members. If you are a business owner I would not get a mortgage through WF. Go to UWM instead. I purchased my home in 2020 with no issues and got the lowest interest rate and less fees.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Wells Fargo sales agent took our call to purchase a house. I described the situation and he said fill out application. He knew it was a tough sell but promised the world. He blatantly lied when he said "I'll talk to the underwriter and see what we can do." He called back and said, "I have a loan for you." We started the process and it was a long process. He kept asking us to send form after form and we complied. He asked us for so many forms that we decided we were going to call and cancel. The Wells Fargo rep actually called while we were discussing canceling. He said "my supervisor and I can get you a FHA loan approved."

We submitted everything he wanted for this loan and all looked great. We had a loan estimate and the process moved to the loan processor. She wanted more forms and we submitted. She then asked if we wanted to pay for an appraisal or let the underwriter look at the loan first. We went with the appraisal order based on the knowledge that our mortgage rep had talked to the underwriter and also his supervisor said we would get this loan. What a mistake. Do not listen to the sales agents at Wells Fargo. Make sure the underwriter gives approval. I wish I could give a 0 star rating because of the lies. No, not because of the lies, but because he offered false hope and that is not right to do to anyone!

Original review: March 31, 2021

When I signed the terms and conditions for their mortgage forgiveness program they did not disclose that you could not pay off that amount until you paid the loan in its entirety. Now other lenders will not give their best loans base on you showing you have two outstanding balance. They will do nothing about it and now it is costing me money. Their terms and conditions are deceptive yet again after they have already lose lawsuits.

Original review: March 29, 2021

If you are trying to get a mortgage loan from them-please skip them! First off, it's important to know that their loan officers are commission-based. This means, they will sell you the world and tell you that you are in good hands, and will close accordingly on your house, when all of this is a LIE. My loan officer told me that he has reviewed everything with his supervisor AND the underwriting team, and that I should close on my loan on time.

To my surprise, he took my credit card and I never heard from him since. I came to find out LAST MINUTE, on the week of Thanksgiving, that we weren't closing. They dropped me just like that, without even notifying me. I had a hard time getting a hold of anyone there. The people on top were so rude and didn't even help. Thanks to them, I lost my property that I was going to purchase AND my money given to WellsFargo. They are quick to get your money and drop you. This incident has also happened to my friend. Please save your money, time, and energy, and go elsewhere if you truly want a professional service.

Original review: March 5, 2021

First let me say I am a WF customer, my previous mortgage was with WF, and we just refinanced. Although I got a great rate, it was the worst process ever. They messed up everything along the way. We had to scramble at the last minute to come up with cash that we were not told about till late in the process. Even then, I was completely uncomfortable about when my first payments were going to start etc. It took multiple phone calls to straighten everything out. If I had to do it again, I would look elsewhere.

Original review: March 4, 2021

It was an awful experience with the mortgage lender. They miscommunicated and blamed me the client. I had a closing date which was not met so threw off the moving and storage company costing me a premium. I provided all details when asked always the same day. The subsequent letters after complaint placed all blame on me. Absolutely horrendous experience and no customer focus.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Normally I don't like to do bad reviews but this 1 takes the cake. I been with this company for 11 years. I had my up and down with this company. But when there was an issue with payments they are not good. I had a representative of the company lied to me. Now this issue occurred 3X in a year. They offer Solutions to the problem but was unable to provide them due to the account being complicated. This company instead of fixing the problem or even trying to come up with a solution they bailed out on me. Be warned at this company. It's not in your best favor.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I currently have a home Mort, with Wells Fargo, 20+ years, I am buying a second home, I have Every account you can have in their bank, Checking, Savings, Retirement, Line of Credit, Credit cards, Debit cards, CD's, College funds, A LOT OF MONEY!!!! I asked for a Pre approval letter to give a Realtor, That's all, I should have gone Lending Tree, or anywhere else but here, No loyalty at all. NONE, I am treated like I have 5 dollars and am insufficient at that, Literally by some guy in another state that doesn't care, I had it to do over, REGIONS BANK, THEY TREATED ME THERE LIKE A PERSON, Did I say my credit was Excellent!!! Yes it is!!! If you Get Jake ** for your application, HANG UP!!!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

There are many brick and mortar locations where you can talk to someone in person if you have problems, questions or need to make changes. The website is easy to use and the company keeps you informed by mail and on the website.. The statement is easy to read.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I'm a first time home buyer and got my mortgage with Commerce Mtg and my loan was sold to WF. I wasn't properly notified due to some errors with my address and phone number so I kept making payments to commerce, ON TIME. Then, I find out that my FICO score went down so I do some investigation and find out my loan was sold. I reach out to commerce and ask for my money back so I can make payments to WF. Once received, I immediately make payments to WF. I have been making payments on time to WF for a year now. I have auto payments set up.

I still wanted to have my credit report fixed since it doesn't truly reflect my ability to repay debt and risk to lenders. Commerce was willing to help and get it removed from my record but WF refused to help me. I called multiple reps and chatted, everyone understands but no one has done anything. They kept asking me to mail something. I asked for call back and no one calls back. I hope other so called 'valuable customers' aren't treated as such.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

My current mortgage is with Wells Fargo (sold to them after closing 2+ years ago) and I have not had any issues because I pay my mortgage and I don't create any issues. I thought since my mortgage and main checking account is already with them, refinancing should not be an issue. I was wrong! I started the refinance process with them on September 22, 2020. My initial closing date was November 21, 2020. Today is January 6, 2021 and I still have not closed and I don't have a "real" closing date yet.

In the beginning I was told that I had an appraisal waiver and I would only have to pay a few hundred dollars in closing cost by the mortgage originator. He told me I would save over $500/month and my interest rate would be below 3%. When the loan went to underwriting, they asked for more documents and verifications than I had to provide when I originally purchased the home. At one point my file sat with underwriting for 3 weeks with no activity until I asked the processor what is going on. They asked for one additional document, then the loan was cleared to close. But, I had already missed my November 21st closing date.

So my next closing dates were December 4th and 8th. I was told that my closing costs would be $1700+ and my December mortgage was included in the loan. Then after emailing and calling them on the 4th I got a call from them at 2 pm and they said I couldn't close on the December 4th because my bank account didn't show that I had the $1700 in my account. But, I got paid on the 4th and I had over $3000 in my account that morning. Then my closing date was set for the 8th and my closing cost would be $500 and my December payment was still included in the loan. On December 8th instead of closing, I was given two options. Pay my December mortgage and my closing costs would be $2200+, or I could pay for an appraisal and wait to see if the value of my home comes back higher than what I guessed it was in the beginning to see if my closing cost could be lowered and I would still need to pay my December mortgage.

I refused to pay for an appraisal at this point. I paid my December mortgage and asked why would my closing cost go from $1700 to $500 to $2200 after paying my mortgage. No one ever told me why or explained what happened. Throughout all of that I never received a closing disclosure. I was given another close date of December 28th and today (January 6th) but didn't receive a closing disclosure or a closing amount. After over 3 months, it's January and the same song keeps playing... "We are going to get you closed. We are balancing and getting/waiting on final title fees." Worst mortgage experience ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I am a financial counselor. I like having full control of my money, how it is spent, how payments are sent etc. I recently got a new mortgage and ended up with Wells Fargo as my servicer. I HAVE ALWAYS HATED WELLS FARGO, they were terrible as a bank when I was in school and HAD TO use them for my on-campus transactions, they are terrible as creditors to my clients, they are horrible as mortgage servicers to my clients AND NOW ME. I DO NOT WANT TO SET UP AUTO WITHDRAWS WITH YOU ON THE PHONE. I shouldn't have to do that to pay my mortgage how I want to pay it!!! If I pay half of my mortgage biweekly to maximize my payments WHY CAN'T YOU APPLY THE PAYMENT AS SUCH unless YOU withdraw the money? NO, I WANT CONTROL OF MY MONEY AND MY BANK ACCOUNT PERIOD. If I could change servicers, I WOULD. If I had a choice on who my servicer was, it would not be WELLS FARGO!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Do not ever use Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Even though you might think you are saving money, they will cost you so much more in the long run. They are negligent about the process, take absolutely no accountability for their delays/actions, and clearly have no care for their customers. My settlement has been delayed twice now due to Wells Fargo not completing a loan process on their end. They realized on the day that closing documents were due they had forgotten to verify something on their end.

I called for hours and email numerous times, and no one could give me a straight update for over a day. After hours, they had an assistant call me saying the process was delayed again and I would not be able to settle on the delayed timeline. Still no response from any managers or my loan processor, only a half-excuse/apology from the manager of the team. Beyond negligent on a signed contract and just extremely unprofessional from any company. Take your business anywhere else; Wells Fargo has never and will never care about their customers, and their loan processors are too incompetent to even answer a phone call.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I chose to use Wells Fargo because I've been a customer for over 20 years. However, the incompetence in Salem Oregon is blatant and dangerous. Information going to the cloud, constant request for the same information, and supervisors that take no accountability.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Worst bank in the world. Because of covid-19 they are not Lending. They just want to take your money for fraudulent appraisal and credit application. This is how they make their money. Last minute they will deny you. There's nothing you can do about it. One person gets your application and then 10 other people on working on your application that you don't know who they are. They just keep passing your application to different people.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

Updated on 10/30/2020: Complaint Description: Wells Fargo claimed in writing that they removed me from forbearance and that my mortgage statement is accurate. Both statements are lies. I received a response from a complaint I filed with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage today, 10.30.2020. They claimed in writing that they had already removed me from forbearance. This statement from WF is a lie.

I went to my online account and found I had not been removed. Then I called WFHM and a rep confirmed that I had not yet been removed. In another complaint I filed against Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, I requested a current and accurate mortgage statement due to the fact that my statements have not been accurate. Two mortgage payments that I've made have not been applied to my account. Today in the response from WF, they claimed that my statements were accurate. This is another lie. Apparently WF believes they can resolve a complaint by lying.

When I called WFHM today the rep could not explain to me why my 2 payments had not been applied. She then said she'd connect me with an executive but I was disconnected before I had a chance to speak with anyone. I called two more times and I was disconnected. The 3rd time I spoke with an executive but she also could not explain to me WHY my payments had not been applied. She then informed me that she would have to OPEN A CASE. So they have opened another case even though my other cases on these same issues have not been resolved by Wells Fargo.

This is all WF seems to do. They open a case, the customer waits, eventually WF responds, but they lie, nothing gets resolved, and another case is opened. Save yourself time, energy, and aggravation: Don't do business with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage unless you want to deal with lies, corruption, and deception. Choosing WFHM for a home mortgage is the worst mistake I've ever made.

Original Review: There is no doubt in my mind that Wells Fargo is a shady company who has set me up to take my house. I was OFFERED a loan modification program by Wells Fargo in early 2020. I received the loan modification paperwork around the time the pandemic started and the country was shut down. At that time, I was a teacher who was instructed to teach online for the remainder of the school. I had to get the loan mod paperwork notarized, but I am 65 with some health issues and was concerned about contracting the virus, so I asked Wells Fargo if I could get the paperwork notarized when there was no longer a pandemic, as at that time I thought the pandemic might be short-lived. WF assured me I could do it later, and to just keep making monthly payments. The pandemic didn't get better. I live between Philadelphia and Trenton, NJ, and numbers have been consistently bad here.

Every month when I called to make the payment (always being put on hold at least an hour or more before the payment could be made) I inquired if not getting the papers notarized could jeopardize the loan modification. Every single month I was told that it would not. When I called in August to make the payment, I was informed that I no longer had a loan modification with WF because the paperwork did not get notarized. I was shocked as WF had assured me each month that it could wait. I was given no warning whatsoever that they would do this. WF could have told me that I would lose the loan if the papers weren't notarized. I was NEVER told that. WF didn't have the decency to even contact me. I only found out about it because I asked about the loan mod when I made a payment. I received a letter from WF a week later informing the loan mod ended.

When I checked my mortgage statement, I discovered WF had added over $10,000 to my statement, and claimed the amount was overdue. Now the overdue amount is stated at over $9,5000, even though I made a payment every month. In August I requested that the case be reviewed in the executive office and although I was told I'd be given an answer in 10 days, it is now Oct. 7, and I'm still waiting. Every time I call the executive office I'm told something different. On Sept 24, I called the ex office and asked to speak with a supervisor. She advised me to get my original paperwork notarized ASAP and mail it to WF. I did that the following day. I called WF 2 days ago and they claimed they hadn't received the paperwork yet. I called the ex office today and spoke with a man who checked and told me they had received my paperwork.

He said he'd transfer me to the caseworker who could provide more info. When I spoke with her, she claimed FW had NOT received the paperwork. When I asked to speak with her supervisor, I was also told the paperwork did not arrive. I requested that she overnight me another copy of the paperwork so I could get the paperwork notarized again and this time I would get confirmation when they received it. She would not do it. I have a copy of the original notarized paperwork, but was told WF will not accept anything but the original copy. They won't allow me to fax or mail the notarized copy even though I had it notarized at a Wells Fargo Bank. Two days ago, I was told for the FIRST TIME that the loan mod would only be reinstated if the mortgage lender approved.

So why was I never told this previously, like every month when I called to make a payment and inquired about the papers being notarized? I firmly believe that Wells Fargo is incredibly dishonest when dealing with their customers. Wells Fargo also put me on a loan suspension program, even though I didn't ask to be placed on it and I haven't missed a payment. This is a program that has something to do with people losing their jobs due to the pandemic and it doesn't apply to me. I believe this entire fiasco has been a ploy to take my house. I would never recommend Wells Fargo to anyone and wish I had never done business with them. I had no idea they could be so corrupt.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Updated on 10/09/2020: I keep receiving calls, from Wells Fargo. But nobody gives me a full explanation of my denial reason. I deposit yearly $700,000.00 my income out of there is $180,651.00 yearly. From my business account I pay all of my personal and home expenses, which comes out close to $50,000.00 to $60,000.00. Still even with great credit, great income. Wells Fargo denied me a loan saying not enough assets. Current balance in my account is $85,000.00. They say not enough to pay $15,745.00 in closing costs and another $2,800.00 to complete the downpayment.

Somewhere their math is wrong. I had made it very clear from the beginning, that I had closed my personal account about a year and a half ago. They told me, "Don't worry. We will use your business account." And still they say I don't have enough assets, I own two properties out the country with a value close to $620,000.00 and have an account out of the country, will not say balance but a big one. Thanks Wells Fargo. I will be closing my accounts and take my business elsewhere, since I am no good for you. Fausto **

Original Review: I called Wells Fargo, applied for a mortgage, got a preapproval right away. Income and credit are great. After one month then I have to call in, to find out that I can't use my own money from business account. I stated clearly that I did not have a personal account that everything comes out of my business account. Was clearly told, "No problem. You have plenty of money in the bank." Then they tell me that I can not use my own money. Ridiculous. I been with them since 1991. Will close all my accounts.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

For the 3rd time since we got stuck with Wells Fargo Mortgage, they have taken a stipulated principal payment, an extra payment, and either misapplied it or not applied it and they refuse to give us credit on interest charged. We have always paid our monthly payment on time; it is automatically drawn on our checking account at another financial institution. We only physically go to Wells Fargo to make extra principal payments. The first time we made an extra payment, like months' worth of principal, they showed it as rec'd but did not apply it to the principal until we brought it to their attention. The second time, they applied it to the next payment, which wasn't even due, and applied the balance to the principal. This time, on September 2, 2020, they once again posted it to our account but did not apply ANY of it to the principal.

When I called them on it, they said it would be applied after our monthly payment was received and asked if I wanted to pay it while we were on the phone. I told them it was automatically paid from our bank and we were not making a duplicate payment. They already had money they were sitting on, not applying it to principal. They said they could not apply it to the principal until after the monthly payment was made. The monthly payment was made and I had to e-mail them and complain because the big payment we made was still sitting there.

That night they applied but not back to Sept. 2nd, they applied it on the 8th and it did not show up until the 9th of September. I asked for credit on the interest because they had had our "good money" payment since the 2nd. They REFUSED to give us credit. Once again, Wells Fargo Mortgage has earned their F rating. It should be F-. We had no choice in going with them; the loan processor company, Nova, sold it to them without any choice from us. This has been a disaster loan from the start. Why can't Wells Fargo clean up their act?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

My mortgage was sold to Wells Fargo which I was furious at first; then after talking to them I calmed down. Then when it was time for my house insurance to be paid, my insurance company sent the bill to the wrong mortgage holder, I was frantic since I could not get hold of my insurance agent to correct it; my insurance company dropped my home owners policy. I called Wells Fargo explained the situation and they got on the phone and help straighten the bill issue out. Great customer service from the insurance division of Wells Fargo.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

The worst customer service. I avoided this company after they opened a fake credit card in my name but unfortunately they bought my mortgage note. The customer service is so bad I would never ever open a bank account, mortgage, or any other financial product. If you do business with them because you choose to (if they do not buy out your mortgage note) then you deserve the bad service you get from a national company built upon liars and cheaters.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

Only good at stealing money. They are in bed with the FED, and will screw you out of a good loan with the JPMChase. Both were same rates, it is a scam! I know they are only interested in large loans, so they can rip people off!

Wells Fargo Mortgage Company Information