2. Finance

Toyota Financial Services

Toyota Financial Services
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

Toyota Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Me and my wife bought a new Toyota in June 2019. We got it financed through Toyota Financial. Never had a problem until July, August and September of 2020. I got a email about my credit report that said that Toyota reported that I was 30 days late on my payment for each of the last 3 months. I sent them proof from my Toyota account that showed every month was paid on time (even tho they can see that) and I sent proof from my bank that showed it. I asked them if they could remove those from my credit report since I showed plenty of proof that it was paid on time. They denied it and said nothing they could do. So now I have 3 remarks on my credit report that dropped my score over 50 points. I’ll probably just refinance my loan somewhere else even if I do have to pay more a month.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

My family and I have driven Toyotas our entire lives. The cars are great but Toyota Financial's customer service center is so very horrific (and in every possible way) that I will not buy another Toyota again. That is how frustrated I am. The customer care people don't know what they're talking about. Their automated service is horrific. And there's no one you can write to. They supposedly have an email service, and you write and wait for them to write you back and guess what? An automatic generated message is delivered that basically tells you to call. The call center gave me the wrong information! This is utter disrespect for your customers, to not have a means of helping them! All I want to do is make an international payment and no one can help me. It's utterly infuriating.

I'm calling long distance and it takes me forever to get through and one false move they cut you off and you have to start all over again. And when you get someone they give you the wrong information. I've always had a hard time with their service but this time, I AM DONE. And there's no one you can write to. You just lost a life time customer Toyota. All because you don't care about the quality of the customer service you're giving me.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: July 30, 2020

Returned a 2014 RAV4 and forgot to include the cargo cover. Called 2 days later asking to return it, denied the request. Receive an invoice in the mail stating it would be $500 to replace the part. Upon inspection on the Toyota parts website, the MSRP on the part is $130 which we would have been happy to pay. Phone rep lied to us, stating that the price of $130 is if you want an extra cargo cover, but the initial part cost them $500. If they bought one to replace the missing one after we turned it in, it would have cost them $130. They said they would review and get back to us. It's now been 4 months of not hearing from them and today we get a call that we still owe $500. Not happening and we're not paying. Reporting this to the BBB. Do not consider Toyota for your lease options.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Be careful of late payments! They have no remorse in coming to take their vehicle away from your driveway while you sleep during a Global Pandemic!!! Score another point for big corporations and another negative for the average person during all this BS!

Original review: July 28, 2020

Zero stars if I could. Worst experience. They misguided me multiple times in the process of getting a lien-release on a vehicle from a prior owner which delayed the process of my issue being resolved, they refused my calls, and refused to let me speak to managers to escalate the urgent matter.

Original review: July 22, 2020

Toyota Financial Services are a bunch of crooks. I had requested an extension on an over mileage payment after my lease ended due to COVID and certain financial constraints. The request was granted, great. A month later I sent them the payment as promised. They called me every day for 5 days straight harassing me and saying they didn’t get the payment. They said they would send me a complete invoice and I have yet to receive it. Unlike other financial companies, they are corrupt pigs that don’t give a crap about what your financial situation despite a worldwide pandemic. Corporate greed is their motto and will do anything to get their money, but won’t help you out when you need it. DO NOT do business with them. Wish I could give them negative stars.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Customer service has inaccurate balances, fees and monthly payments showing on my account for the past 3 months. Nobody can seem to help fix. Left on hold for over an hour today just to get hung up on.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I tried to make a principal only payment online only to be directed to call a number and talk to an agent to make a principal only payment. Ok, I can do this. When I did they still took interest on the payment. I called again to inquire and they said they would put a memo that it was principal only and fix it. A week later and no fix. I called again and they said it would be 10-15 working days for principal only payments to post as such. How can I be expected to keep up with what they are doing interest wise if they delay payments in such a way.

I make payments of some form every two weeks, always exceeding my payment amount. I want to pay the car off early and not get ripped off by by a company that should post a payment if submitted according to their guidelines. They ae obscuring the situation which forces you to trust they are processing payments in your best interest when you would be hard-pressed to prove if they didn't. For such a good car company the financial side is less than transparent.

Original review: May 29, 2020

My review isn’t so much about my Toyota Tacoma, although it is the best truck I’ve ever owned. It tows my boat, it’s comfortable for my whole family, it has never broke down on me, and it looks awesome. This review is mostly about the service I have gotten since buying my truck for years ago. I finance through Toyota Financial and last year I came down with a pretty nasty bout of cancer. Without even hesitation Toyota Financial let me slide on about five payments. And then This year with the coronavirus, and me losing my job, Toyota once again without question has let me slide on these last three payments. This is a huge thank you to Toyota for an amazing product and service above and beyond. Thank you so much and I will be buying Toyota for the rest of my days I guarantee you that.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Today 05/26/2020 time: 12.20 pm I talk with customer service. I explain, last month I didn't get statement. I ask customer service help me remove late charge for me because that is not my fault. She talk very fast and say no everything. She look like angry me, talk very loud. I am not happy. Bad service. Niptippog

Toyota Financial Services Company Information