Compare Auto Loan Rates

Compare Rates
Toyota Financial Services
3.52/5

Toyota Financial Services

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Compare Auto Loan Rates

Apply Today and Save - Lower Your Rates

Compare Rates

406 Toyota Financial Services Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

Toyota offered 0% interest with great credit. This was a huge deal to me so that I could save every penny I earn. They are easy to work with. Made my account available online, so that I could see all my transactions, estimate my payoff balance, and easily make payments. At the end of the loan, I had questions about how/when I would receive my title. They answered right away and explained to me the next steps. I would love to work with them again.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Toyota Financial demonstrates the same quality and stature of the merchandise they represent. I have little to no contact with the finance company. The one time I did interface with the finance company it was pleasurable, prompt to my benefit and resolved within a timely manner as expected. I do now and will in the future recommend not only the product but their finance company.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Company works with a rewards loyal customers. I compared other lenders including local credit unions; to that end Toyota was extremely competitive. At the the time the best option for me was extended loan payment. This may not be the best option in the long term but I needed the lower monthly payment according to my budget. My only criticism would be with the push of unneeded, unnecessary warranties on top of standard coverage. For instance “Bumper to Bumper” is a real ripoff- because it never applies to anything the consumer needs.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I've purchased several Toyota vehicles over the years & always used Toyota Financial Services. I possess a credit rating generally over 800 & my loans with TFS are approved immediately. One can source all the info they want on the TFS website. You can track your payments on each car you have financed. There are no pre-payment penalties as I always pay off early. Works well for me.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We decided to move out of state and retire a few months after we financed with them, I called them and gave them all the information about our move. They changed our info right away our address, even our insurance company changed. We just continue to pay our payments on our app each month. We decided when we get another car we will go with them. Believe me we had some nightmare banks before who said we didn’t have car insurance so they added it on! We have never in 47 years of marriage not had auto insurance!! Anyway they have good customer service reps who do their jobs well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: July 22, 2019

The experience was wonderful. The loan was great. Almost 0 interest rate. The customer service was great. Troubleshooting was fantastic. The car was exactly what we wanted. The loan went smoothly. We chose to take a 5 year loan.

Original review: July 20, 2019

If you create an online profile in a financing website you will see how much is outstanding balance and how much your pay goes towards interest and how much towards your principal. You will never get those information in this shady company. Toyota is big company and they are not supposed to do this kind of low level techniques. Also when you click payoff it won't give you details, it will take you to another page where it will say, we give this offer that offer etc..

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was able to qualify for 0% for 72 months - hard to beat, if not impossible, but need pretty good credit. Negotiated the deal for over 30 days but the financing was awesome! Toyota of Boerne was my dealer on a 2019 Toyota Tundra - great truck!

Original review: July 15, 2019

It was 0% interest--you can't beat free. Contacted financing by phone on a few occasions, and customer service was very good. When car was paid off, title was shipped to me promptly and the item was off my credit report immediately.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Fantastic customer service. They really care about their customers. I'm on my 2nd loan with them and everything is going smoothly. When I needed to change my due date (a couple of times), it was very easy.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I think the loan company itself has very good customer service whenever I contact them and they tend to be very informative when I ask questions. I like that when I talk customer service I usually get my questions answered. For the most part they just service the loan.

Original review: July 8, 2019

They don't properly apply payments and even when you show them the canceled check they still insist they did not get the payment. A complaint with the US Consumer Protection Agency finally got their attention and they admitted they did have the payment and mis-applied it. Even when properly posted, payments are always late being posted and then they claim YOU are past due. Never will use them again.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Paid off my loan 4 month ago but still didn't get my title. The customer service team on the website told me they sent the lien release electronically to DMV and asked me to wait, but months later I found out that DMV didn't receive the request at all. I submitted further questions about this three times on the Toyota Financial Service website, and they just copied-pasted the previous answer - not even corrected the typo in it!

Original review: June 24, 2019

Living a nightmare with Toyota Financial. I bought a Toyota Prius 2016 from Larry H Miller Toyota Lemon Grove in San Diego last year and sold it this year. After that I canceled my Toyota Auto Care and should receive back U$2.905 dollars. The thing is, the dealership says they issued a check to Toyota Financial and that they should cash the check and write me a new one and send me. Toyota Financial says that the check was for me and they received it and forwarded to me and to a wrong address. So now one says that I should call the other one, and the other one says that I should call the one. I am in the middle of this situation not knowing what to do and they don’t care at all. The only thing I can think of is that they are unprofessionals and incompetents. And the only thing that I can do and will do is to hire a lawyer to resolve this issue because I waiting for this check for 3 months and I am tired of waiting and calling them.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I leased a 2017 Rav4 and overall had no problems with the car and completed my lease agreement with no issues. A couple of months later my autopay function I used for my payments accidentally forwarded an additional payment to TFS after the contract was closed. I've called and faxed proof of this transaction multiple times and their answer is always, “We have no proof and you need to prove it.” although I have sent proof many times. They're just hoping I get tired of calling them so they can keep the money. It's too bad I have been a Toyota customer for over 12 years but TFS has ruined that for Toyota.

Original review: June 10, 2019

We have leased two vehicles through Toyota, and at the second lease ending, we decided to purchase a car. We turned in our car, and it was in excellent condition. The car was very clean, and was 4,000 miles under the lease limit. Two weeks after we turned the car in we received notification that we owed $381 dollars for a disposition fee. The disposition fee was charged to help cover the costs to sell or dispose of the vehicle. We were told by our salesman, when we leased the second vehicle, that this fee would not be charged on our new lease. The salesman that told us this no longer works at the Toyota dealership, so there is no one to appeal to about our case.

I know that the disposition fee is just another way for the company to get more money from the consumer, so that is why we tried to address it at the beginning of the lease. Toyota will waive the Disposition Fee if you lease another vehicle. They call it a Loyalty Waiver. After this experience, I will not purchase or lease another vehicle from Toyota, and I will warn others of this unnecessary disposition fee.

Original review: May 12, 2019

Poor customer service experience has resulted in two missed payments and a negative impact on my credit rating. On account **. I fully understand now that enrollment into the automatic payment system takes several billing cycles to become active, however this stipulation was never explained to me when I opted to enroll in it. This oversight and poor customer service experience has resulted in two missed payments and a negative impact on my credit rating. At no time during the previous billing cycles was I informed that my payments were past due, nor that I was delinquent. When I spoke to customer service representatives about this oversight I was told that I was contacted but I have no phone records, electronic correspondence, or physical correspondence indicating such action was taken.

When I spoke to one customer service representative the phone number she had for me was incorrect and Fred ** told me today that they have a wrong phone number on my file and Southeast Toyota Finance using same data base. The decision to opt into the automatic payment was an attempt to alleviate problems such as this from arising. The resulting lack of customer service in resolving this issue has left me with no other choice than to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau citing the lack of customer outreach when it comes to billing problems. I have never had, nor currently have any issues making payments and have such made payments to rectify the problem.

I would like all efforts to be made on my behalf to report that I did not miss payments due to the irresponsible behavior of not properly informing me that enrollment would take up to two billing cycles. I believe that all employees should be required to inform customers of this stipulation and inform them to check their account regularly prior to the automatic payment being activated.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Problems with their billing and posting month after month. This month I have proof (cancelled check) that they processed my payment, but they have not posted my payment to my account. When I called customer service, I was put on hold for quite a long time, and then was told that they did not receive my payment. I told them I could email them the copy of the cancelled check, but was told they can't receive emails. This is the last time I will ever get a Toyota, and I want everyone to stay away from Toyota Financial.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I was pretty happy with Toyota Financial Service for years. I am leasing a car. My nightmare started when I moved to different state due to my job. I am sure I am not their first client who they put through unprofessional service. Since they are FINANCIAL SERVICE they must have certain procedures to follow in cases like mine. I contacted customer service and request documentation for registration. There were no signs that customer service rep has any idea what exactly need to be sent to the state of Washington. They fax me whatever documents and I find out on DMV that Washington state, I bet not only one, requires ORIGINAL TITLE to register. I received a warning from police and notified by License Department that I should register my car in 30 days, if not - I will pay penalty $3000.

So I contacted TFS again and explained what exactly I need. I was insured that everything will be sent in couple of days. Surprise - they faxed again bunch of statements and documents, but not information needed. I called TFS again and asked to overnight Original Title thru FedEx, I offered to pay for Title and delivery. It was shocking to hear that they do not have FedEx account and I need to ask DMV (government entity) for their FedEx account, of course it was a nonsense. I received temp license plate, which will expire in a month. No signs of documents. I want to be clear and I hope Toyota will take to consideration. I did my best to register the car I am leasing. If TFS can not provide required documentation - I will let them to pay $3000 penalties. Should I bring the car to the closest Toyota place to let them take responsibilities?

Original review: April 29, 2019

Dear Toyota, I requested at the beginning of April that you please change my debit order date, you agreed. You still deducted my installment on the wrong date AND charged me for it? Also, you never recalculated my debit order amount as requested. The fact that you still charged interest for the debit order change but you never changed the debit order speaks volumes of your customer service processes. Had there been no money or at least not enough in my account when you deducted my installment this month, who wouldve paid that interest? Obviously not you.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I am in the process of moving to Hawaii. As part of the process I am required to have a notarized letter from the lender authorizing the move. They informed me that they cannot do this since my move is not a result of job change or military transfer. I have been on time with payments and pay more than the minimum. There are no changes in my finances. This seems a bit ridiculous.

Original review: April 18, 2019

In 2015 we leased a 2015 Toyota Corolla. We had it for 3 years and then when it was up we got into another lease. They are charging us $500 for a "cleaning fee". I can get my car now detailed several times for that price! DO NOT lease through them. They just scam you of your money.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Their site says they will refund you in 30 days. This has been a joke. I submitted the correct paperwork on Dec 22, 2018 to cancel my VSA and GAP warranties. I no longer own the vehicle. I have never gotten my checks. I have called since Feb 11, 2019 to see where my checks are. I have agents I have spoken to and their ID numbers. I get told varying things from my checks wherein some "exchange system" and need authorization to be cut since my account has been paid off, my checks are in the mail so they are so sorry I haven't gotten them, so they will cut new checks and overnight them. The overnight story was 3/29/19. Well... today is April 16, 2019. I have YET to see my checks that total $3400. DO NOT BUY THEIR WARRANTY. DO NOT.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Purchased a 2018 Toyota Camry last October. Paying all payments promptly with one in advance. When paying with "Principal Only" on my check they keep charging interest on "Principal Only" even though regular payments are current. When I contact them they run me around in circles before fixing the misapplication. Their customer service is utterly maddening to deal with.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have returned two leased cars to TFS. The first one they sent my bill to collections after only sending me one statement for payment. The second car I returned they are saying there is damage to the roof and provided me with blurry photos that show absolutely nothing. If I ever lease a car again (which I most likely won't) I'm gonna photograph that thing top to bottom so they can't pull any of this BS on me again. They say they are going to look into this matter but in the end I will most likely have to pay as I don't want a $150 BS charge to hurt my credit.

Original review: March 22, 2019

This is experience with Toyota has cost me money and more importantly my time. I have been dealing with a mischarge on my account for 6 months and continuing til now. They charged me 1500 dollars more on my final lease statement. The mistake was they didn’t know I signed a 45,000 mile lease and I was charge access miles for a 30,000 mile lease.

I sent in my lease agreement 4 months ago. And since Toyota will not call its customers and you have to call in. I have for months called back and been told, “my case has been escalated.” And every time I call back the people say, “there are no notes here for your account. I will escalate your account though.” The supervisors always seem to be too busy. And Here I am almost 7 months later with a bill for 1500 dollars more. This system is so wrong and broken and I would strongly advise anyone against financing or even working with TFS in the slightest. It’s just incredibly rude to waste peoples lives and time like this.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Their service is a big scam. They sent an email for posted payment on 6 March. When I accessed my account I have seen the payment is due by 22 Feb and charged me late fee. I see they did this many times. I will call and ask explanation.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have called Toyota Financial Service twice, to request that they send my bill every month (I'm trying to pay off my RAV4 as soon as possible). I received the worst customer service today from an agent named Rosa. She said "we didn't sent your bill because you have made several payments at once." I told her "I know I have but I'm trying to pay off my car as soon as possible". She said there was nothing she could do and refused to let me speak with a manager and mentioned that if I wanted a monthly bill I have to call their financial dept every month and request a bill. If you ever buy a Toyota, which I don't recommend, find another financial entity such as your bank but don't do business with Southeast Toyota Financial Services.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Updated on 03/28/2019: The process began February 28th. All our work was in order. Now on March 25th a balloon payment issue is still not resolved. And the 5th excuse (count them 5 different reasons given), the 5th excuse for being unable to close the account properly is that they close it but it magically reappears and they just don't know how. I have been told no less than 4 times that I would receive a return call within 72 business hours. To date -27 days and counting - no one has called me. Avoid TFS at all cost.

The saga continues March 28 (the only 10 minutes in a week I haven't had my cell phone with me in the hopes of getting a return call and a TFS Manager called me. He left an 800 to call him back to speak to him. I called the number and no one there had heard of him. After several minutes they found someone of that name in the department I had told them he was in to begin with. They said they couldn't connect me or communicate to him other than to send an internal email. Avoid TFS at all cost

Original Review: After years of owning many new Toyotas and never being late on a payment, I will never do business with Toyota again. TFS is by far the least competent organization I have dealt with. When this current balloon payment issue is over for me, I will ride a mule before doing business with TFS again. Both as a customer and as someone who has managed large operations, I can't imagine anyone being worse. Avoid TFS like the plague. Been trying to refinance an end of term balloon payment with them for 19 days and they have done nothing but give the runaround. Now I wish I had just turned the car in.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Save your time and money and don't do business with them. All the messed up stuff, pay off your can and their site showing it's paid off and the account close. Two months later with no mail, no release, or title has been received when called they said, "Oh yea we will release it now and you have to wait for another 6 weeks" and I have a friend had received a wrong title. It's not a financial corporation. It's rather a pawn shop running by stupid people.

Toyota Financial Services Company Information