Toyota Financial Services
Based on 58 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Auto Warranty Expired?

Toyota Financial Services

334 Toyota Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 14, 2018

We purchased our 2014 Camry Hybrid at the end of our lease in 2016. At the end of 2017 we needed to sell it and placed ads on various sites to sell the car. The buyer that chose to buy the car was from another state and claimed to be a dealer. He said that he would pay our loan off in full through TFS and any overage of such payment would then come from TSF to us. This was at the end of January 2018. TFS does not do Wire Transfers and instructed us to have the buyer send them a certified check DIRECTLY. Which he did. TFS told us via several phone calls that the check received directly from the buyer was received and processed. They said that it was OK to turn the car over to the buyer. We waited at least a week (due to weather conditions) to allow the buyer to pick up the car from our home address.

The day he was to pick up the car February 12th, I once again called TFS and asked them about the processing of the title etc. I was assured again that day that all was fine, our account was closed (and it was closed on the TFS website as well). TFS said that they were mailing the title directly to the new owner and we had nothing more to do for the account, that it was closed and paid in full. They said it was OK to leave the tags on the car and allow the buyer to take it. The buyer sent a representative to our home and drove off with the car that night.

The morning of February 14th 2018 we received a call from TFS. They told us that the check THEY RECEIVED AND PROCESSED WEEKS BEFORE, was not good and that we needed to contact the buyer and have him send a new check. We asked about having him WIRE money, again NO they don’t accept WIRES. After several calls to the buyer we realize the car has been STOLEN. We made calls to the sheriff and to TFS, talked with their Fraud department, made all of the proper reports that we could. Their fraud department finally told us that the check they received was fake and therefore they (TFS) have process problems. – How is this OUR FAULT?

On February 15th we RECEIVED A CHECK FROM TOYOTA FOR THE OVERPAYMENT, A COPY OF OUR INSTALLMENT CONTRACT MARKED “PAID IN FULL” and then another letter stating to cancel all of our insurances and our account was closed… then a small disclaimer sentence, “pending final accounting cleared”. All of that paperwork was dated February 13th.

TFS agreed to suspend a payment while we reported to our Insurance company the theft. A week later the insurance company denied our claim saying that it was fraud of a sale agreement and therefore we were not covered. – Thanks Allstate, You are fired too! Toyota then immediately re-opened our closed account, started harassing us for payment, reported to the credit bureaus etc and basically told us we were ** out of Luck.

Beginning of April we receive a call from a detective in another state that our car had been recovered and that we need to pay to get it out of impound. We contacted a local Atty and were told to go get the car and that TFS could not re-open a closed account. Days off from work and hundreds of dollars later to travel multiple states and get the car we had it back. To top it off, the car was recovered from an old man that paid 8K for our car before discovering it was stolen. (We want to help him too, as his insurance won’t cover him either.) We sent letters to Toyota explaining our side and that we needed a resolution. The only resolution was to pay off all that was in arrears and basically kiss their butt.

Our attorney said not to pay anything as that would be admitting to the debt owed, so we have not paid Toyota and they have not responded in any way to help us. Just pay up. As of May we were 2 months behind (they did grant us 1 month of non payment in the beginning). They sent a letter for demand, but had not said anything about repossession, and as far as TFS knew we had not recovered the car.

June 14th a repossession truck was in my driveway to take the car. No warning, nothing. I just happened to be taking the car somewhere as he arrived and I left. This REPO man then chased me for 45 minutes up and down country roads while I tried to get in touch with my attorney. He could have caused me to have an accident. Our attorney directed me to put the car away under lock and key (once the guy stopped chasing me) and we did.

We have a gate at the end of our driveway which we close as we have horses that are out on the property to graze at night. This Repo man opened our gate between midnight and 1 am to come on the property and get the car. He did not find it and upon leaving he left my gate open leaving our horses at risk. We are seeking new legal counsel at this point since our current atty is not confident that we can sue TFS since we had a letter written (after the fact of being told several times by TFS to release the car) with the one sentence that said what it did about final accounting. Not to mention TFS sent us a check as well for the overage of payment, which as good people we never cashed. Anyone out there want to team up for a class action lawsuit?

Original review: June 4, 2018

To write my experience in short, do not sign Toyota Finance Contract. Don't regret, have a peaceful life. Hidden charges, you'll be locked, can't even pay in advance, if you want to pay your loan earlier, you have to pay termination fee +... +... +... It's like a rope in your neck.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: May 30, 2018

Worse place I have ever dealt with. Almost purposeful in their inept customer service and website management? Said I could change my payment date so I put it back 6 days to match my monthly check. I start getting late notices after the old date comes around so I make a payment. Still says I did not pay the next few days. Customer Service says the payment needs to be processed? They have all of my bank info and I have the truck in my driveway. This is 2018 I don't get it? I could of purchased a TV at Amazon from a stranger and received instant credit there and had the TV shipped before TFS would give me credit for a bank transfer payment.

I asked what if the payment did not go through now since it says it was not paid. How would I know and crickets. I cancelled the first payment and made another payment since I was not getting credit for the first one. So one payment cancelled and another payment made, guess what I have 2 payments taken out now after getting a cancellation verification notice on one of them days before. After a week of messing with this disaster of a site I still have no clue when or what amount they will take out the next time. I signed up for auto payments and would not be surprised if I start getting notices again like before. Most confusing website I have ever been on. Hands down. No clue where I stand today. After a week of (you cannot get there from here!) My blood pressure must be through the roof not surprised if I tip over dealing with this debacle. The scary thing is these inept people have control for your credit score that is unnerving to say the least.

Updated on 05/30/2018: Month 2 of dealing with them. I looked at my next payment due date a month ago. It said mid-July was the next payment date (they took out 2 payment last month) so boom. They take out another payment in mid June? LOL. Just no sense in calling about it. Nothing will get straightened out and more than like it will be as confusing as before and still messed up. Most useless business I have ever dealt with scary bad.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I purchased a new, 2014 Corolla on 12/13/13. Price of the car, with taxes, fees, etc. came to $18,916.35. I put $4000 down bringing the total to $14,916.35, however, stupid me took out the "extended warranty" for an additional $1,563.13. The contract says BALANCE DUE ON DELIVERY: $16,479.48. This total, as explained to me by Priority Toyota's financial person, is supposed to be the TOTAL amount of my $288.36 monthly payments for the five years I had to pay. Today, I have paid 53 payments or $15,283. 08 which leaves the balance of $1,196.40. I want to pay off the car.

It took 10 CALLS to my dealer (unanswered when they promised to have someone call me to discuss) and several calls to TFS to even GET a person to speak to me. Today, they're telling me the payoff amount is $2,290.72. WHY? I asked the finance person "So, if I go online, in my bank account, and pay the next 7 payments I owe, it will be paid off?" She replied "Yes". I explained that the total of my last 7 payments is only $1,196.40. So why are they charging me $2.290.72? She said, "well, you're actually paying 61 months of payments because you drove the car for half a month before your first payment was due (on January 3rd 2014) so the total is, actually, $17, 589.96." WTH? First off, they advertised a "FREE" month when I bought the car AND, my contract CLEARLY STATES: BALANCE DUE AT DELIVERY: $16,479.48. WTH???

I am VERY disappointed with Toyota . I have never missed a payment, yet, the guy I spoke to at Toyota Financial Services last night informed me that he sees a "missing" payment from WAY BACK in October of 2016. I told him that wasn't possible because my bank automatically takes it out of my account every month and, if I HAD missed a payment, Toyota would have, certainly, notified me of it. Both he, and the woman at my dealership, told me there were NO flags for missed payments in my account history. I'm not sure what is going on but this is ridiculous. I am VERY unhappy. IRONICALLY, when you call TFS, the message says "Some of our departments may be closed as part of our ongoing commitment to quality" WTF??? Yep, call them, it actually says that!

Updated on 06/05/2018: Today, TFS faxes me a copy of a "contract" I, supposedly, signed (which I have never seen and did not possess-- honestly) which states: Apr 1.90%. Finance charge (the dollar amount the credit will cost you) $822.12. Amount financed: $16,479.48 total of payments (the amount you will have paid after you have made all payments as scheduled) $17,301.60. Total sale price (total cost of y our purchase on credit, including down payment of $4000): $21,301.00. First of all 1.9% of $16,479.00 is $313.11-- not $822.12. Second, if the total price I pay is $17,301.60, how the hell can the total purchase price be $21,301.00??? Because the ** added my down payment instead of subtracting it and, now, they're making me pay it again!!! My signed contract says: balance due upon delivery: $16,479.48 (after I paid my 4k down) and that is all they're getting from me! I'm suing them!

Original review: May 22, 2018

Whenever I contact them regarding a late payment or anything regarding the account, they say they'll "note the account" and then the next day someone else calls the secondary on the account rather than the primary and yells at them and threatens their credit, etc. When I call to talk to them about this they constantly interrupt and belittle me in their manner of speech, as well as continuously ignore what I'm saying. They are the WORST company I have ever worked with and I'm currently looking for the best way to get out as I have a lease. I do not recommend anyone going with them ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: May 15, 2018

Returned my 2nd of 3 leases from TFS and was charged for bogus additional charges for the 2nd time. The 1st time the dealer took care of it and said that happens all the time which I thought was strange. This time they are charging me for damage that they say was done to the vehicle to the tune of $750.00. The vehicle I turned in was completely fine and I was actually thinking of purchasing it. The dealer looked it over and said nothing. The vehicle was inspected by TFS 2 days after I dropped it off so if something was done to it or if someone else drove it and damaged it, I really don't think I should be responsible for this damage or have to prove it wasn't me that did it.

They gave me a website to review pictures of the damage that didn't work and got a message to contact TFS. So, I really don't even know if it is my car that the pictures are of. This may not be a lot of money to some but it is to me for something I didn't even do. If they do this to everyone that leases and it is not questioned, because it is under the cost of what it would be to retain an attorney, they win and we pay. I love the dealer I deal with and Toyota is a great product but I will NEVER lease another Toyota. I am 64 and have never been in collections for any reason but this experience might put me there because I am standing on principle. Horrible.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I returned a leased vehicle back to Toyota on 03/13/17. I received a bill charging me for the disposition fee, sales tax and property tax (this was prorated for the entire year). I paid the full amount for the disposition fee as well as the sales tax, but I called & asked on how to move forward with the property tax as I returned the car mid-March and was being charged through December. I was advised to fax over proof of the cancelled plates and that this would go through the abatement process. I did exactly that, and verified with TFS that they received all the necessary paperwork, and was told they had.

Throughout the next couple of months, I kept receiving a bill showing me the exact same amount, and I continued to follow up with TFS on the abatement process. In August/Sept when I made my monthly call to Toyota regarding my bill, I was advised that I did not own any balance, and was actually due a credit from a while back. I was informed that they would look into why the credit had not been issued.

About a week or two later, I received a letter in the mail from a collection agency (Central Credit Services LLC) stating that account was now placed with them. As you can imagine, I was not pleased as I had been told only a week or two earlier that I was due a credit, and was now being contacted by a collection agency. I contacted Toyota as to why this was done, and was told that 1.) Could not see the credit that the previous person informed me of 2.) This was sent to the collection agency in error as it was considering an "open/pending" case. I got an apology, but was told there was basically nothing they could do now that it was with the collection agency.

I then contacted the collection agency and explained the entire situation, and they told me they would continue to follow up with Toyota regarding the abatement process, and would notify me once they had received the adjusted amount. I continued to get the same bill every month, and continued to follow up with both the collection agency and Toyota, but seemed to get transferred back and forth between the two, and no one was able to provide me with any type of update.

This past week, I received a letter in the mail stating TFS forwarded my account to a SECOND collection agency. Again, I called Toyota (was not able get through - they have an absurdly long wait time), and also called this new collection agency and AGAIN, explained the entire situation. The individual I spoke to suggested that I follow up with the town, which I had been told by Toyota and the previous agency not to bother with. This was perhaps the biggest error on my part. I was advised by the town that they had received my paperwork for the abatement process on 5/19/17 and they issued a refund to Toyota on 6/27/17.

It has now been OVER a year since I returned this leased vehicle, and we are closely approaching 1 year to when the refund was issued. I have made numerous calls to both TFS and the collection agencies. I'm not sure how I've spoken to as many people as I have, and no one has been able to give me an answer. It appears that Toyota actually owes me a credit based on the refund amount. This is completely unacceptable as to why it has taken this long (and is still not resolved).

Original review: May 3, 2018

I leased a Toyota and turned in the vehicle about 9 mo ago. I received a letter from a debt collector in the mail earlier this week stating that I owed TFS an additional $412. I already paid the $700+ they made me pay upon turning the vehicle in, and I have no idea where this $412 amount came from. I never once received a letter from TFS stating that I owed them additional money, so you can imagine my complete shock upon receiving a letter from a (sketchy) debt collector. I called TFS (after multiple phone calls and many long, long wait times), but they said that my account has been closed and is being handled by their "business partner" and they are unable to answer even a question as simple as why do I owe them additional money and if they even sent me additional notices stating that I owed them the money, because I did not receive any.

I even spoke with a "supervisor" at TFS, but she just gave me the same runaround and said that I could speak with their debt collector business partner about this. When I finally got a hold of the debt collector company, who also appears to never be available to talk to except during very restricted hours, they said that they saw the $700+ check that I wrote to TFS and didn't understand where the $412 came from either, and they sent an inquiry to Toyota before going after me for the money.

So if the debt collector doesn't know why I owe the money, and TFS won't answer any of my questions, how am I supposed to understand exactly what I am paying for? So far this has been a huge headache and I will NEVER do business with Toyota Financial Services again. They clean their hands of the issue once they turn it over to a debt collector, and I'm currently unable to get answers from ANYONE. TFS should be ashamed at how they run their so-called "business."

Original review: April 29, 2018

BEWARE: EITHER TERRIBLE TFS ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS OR THEY HAVE BEEN HACKED. TFS automatically deducts my car lease payments from my checking account. (I never pay them directly online because their website is the worst financial website I've ever tried to use--and I use many.) Every week during the month of April 2018 I received calls from TFS telling me I owed TFS money. First it was ~$40. The next call, it was ~$90. Next they told me I hadn't paid my March 2018 lease payment. Each time they called, I was on cell in the car with no access to my accounts.

Like an idiot, I actually believed them, went home, and sent money from my checking account BillPay. Now, doing month-end accounting, I see TFS DID automatically withdraw the March payment they told me I missed. So...either their system is completely screwed up (most likely) or they've been hacked. Either way, I ended up paying them an extra $927 this month. Fortunately, I did not pay via the calls (in case it was a hack.). Either way, unbelievable for a company this size and of this reputation. We've had three Toyotas, but I'm done. Once this one is over, we're out of this bizarre financial set-up. DO NOT USE TFS.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Toyota Financial falsely reported me as being late on a payment. This caused my credit score to drop 100 points. When I sent them proof that my payment was not late they still refused to take off the late marker on my credit report. Toyota Financial has horrible customer service and lacks integrity.

Original review: April 20, 2018

This company has been an absolute nightmare! When my lease matured and I decided to purchase my vehicle from Toyota I mistakenly made a last payment that wasn't necessary. They screwed up my account six different ways! For instance, they sent me two refund payments and then claimed that I was overdrawn and that I owed them money even though I told them I would not cash the check that had been sent in addition to a digital refund! Every time I talk to someone they are very pleasant and say that the issue had been resolved until a few days later when I get yet another call with yet another bogus issue! I'm not surprised they have such an extremely low rating! They are god-awful! If I can, I will figure out a way to pay off this loan with another company, because these people are horrible! Amazing that they're still in business. Literally the worst experience I've ever had with ANY company, and I'm 60!

Original review: April 20, 2018

I was out of job so I was lagging on Loan payment. I told them that I will pay off when I get job. I have paid 4 years, it's the last year going on. The person from Toyota Financial says: Borrow money from your Friends or Get money from 401k or go to church and borrow money and pay the car loan. That was very shocking to hear in country like USA.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Pay payments on time. Every month receive calls from all over the country. The 4 months they had the due date the 4th, it should have been on the 27th. Ruined my credit. They apply extra payments to the front of the loan instead of the back. And didn't tell us. It was all confused! I will never use Toyota Finance ever again.

Original review: April 10, 2018

We purchased a car at the end of October 2017, but had an issue insuring it due to an error with the DMV (in California, you can wait up to 30 days to insure a new vehicle). While working on the error with the DMV, the car was stolen and then totaled at the end of November. We filed a GAP claim, and finally, after several times of submitting and resubmitting the same documents along with almost daily phone calls they finally resolved the issue at the end of February. Then, in March, Toyota Financial gets notified by the tow yard that they needed to pay 900 dollars in storage fees and pick up the car or let it go to auction at the end of March.

In a separate matter, because GAP took so long to pay out on the claim, they also made a separate payment for the car payment for January. Gave us an itemized breakdown of the GAP payment showing this. Toyota didn't apply it and showed a 30 day late on my credit report. So in the process of calling them about correcting the issue, Toyota Financial told me that they are going to file a "Repossession" on our credit reports because they had to pick the car up. The car has been labeled as a "Total Loss" per the DMV and there is no value to the car. Plus the DMV states that we were no longer legally responsible for the car since the beginning of March. Toyota says that does not matter. But the repo department us in Arizona and here in California, state business laws and vehicle code laws say otherwise. So now the State Oversight committee is looking into it and now may penalize Toyota for improper business practices. Score one for the little man.

Original review: April 3, 2018

The agent on the phone said she could take a payment on the phone with my debit card and cancel my online payment. She ended up charging me twice and after fighting with the company for a refund, they reviewed the phone call and decided to send me a refund. Weeks later, no refund, and said it was processing. Weeks later, they said they are not sure what happened but my refund will be now cut in half. A phone call later, the payment was said to have been credited to my account. After checking my account, no payment was posted and my refund of $1400 is just simply missing and no one will help me or tell me the truth about what is going on. No words can describe my anger and dissatisfaction with this company after purchasing 2 new cars!

Original review: March 30, 2018

A salesman in Toyota of Lewisville TX told us that Care extra packages could have been taken from the original contract. We went back to the dealer to remove it, they did but the monthly payments did not changed (we got a $3800 refunded to the principal). We called Toyota Financial Services later on to inform them of this. They said the monthly won't change. OK send the wreck to pick up the car. We can’t afford the payment anymore... A representative OFFERED one time only deal, to lower the payment, she got an approval from her manager. We started making the NEW payment amount but Financial services kept on calling that they were sorry that no one can make such deal. They sent a letter notifying that the vehicle is going to get repossessed... Should I try and call them again, get an attorney? If anyone can advise me what to do in TX I will highly appreciate the help, thanks.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I'm in FL now doing my taxes, and won't return home in NY until May. I needed to find out how much tax, and/or the total price I paid on my 2017 RAV4 for my itemized deductions. When I called to find out, the representative did not understand my question. I don't think she understood English that well. Please be careful to keep your customer relations phone reps in the USA, with a good command of English.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I started my GAP claim in January and three months later nothing is done! I call and call and there’s always something else they need! Why couldn’t I be given everything needed upfront or even after my lien holder sent them the first 7 or 8 things requested numerous times! They also gave me the wrong form but waited 6 weeks to tell me! If I hadn’t kept bugging them nothing would be getting done, in the meantime I’m still making car payments! It’s a absolute joke, I recommend finding a different GAP company!

Original review: March 21, 2018

I had leased a car from Toyota in 2014, at the end of lease I moved to a different city and was returning car there. At the time of pre-inspection I did not had additional key and manuals because they were in my house in a different city. I asked the inspection guy, "Should we reschedule" and he said just make sure to return the keys along with the car. I had the keys and manual shipped to me before I returned the car and return the car with everything.

Later on I got a bill for some remaining balance that included missing car keys and manual. I called Toyota and they said we will figure it out. Now after couple of years I got calls from collection company for $410. Called Toyota and they are saying that, "It doesn't matter if you return the keys or not. Our pre-inspection says you did not had key at pre-inspection." Also they said that they usually do post inspection which for whatever reason they did not do in my case (their problem). After calling multiple times they are saying that, "There is nothing we can do and you have to pay even though we did not do post-inspection." I just don't understand that if they did not do any post-inspection, or their inspection guy gave wrong information or dealer did not log any information then how is it my problem. And for them it did not matter that you return the actual physical key and manual but what it matter is you did not had it at inspection.

I thought Toyota is good company with good customer support but after talk so long with them I realize this is another big company who don't care about customer experience or their satisfaction. As soon as you are done doing business with them they lose any interest in solving your problem. That will be my last deal with Toyota and will try my best to make others aware of the way they handle their customer.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Leased a Toyota for 4 years, made payments on time (even early) each month. Turned in my leased vehicle and got a new car so I filed a Excise Tax Abatement with my town, who needed to send the check to Toyota Financial first since it was a leased vehicle. I have been chasing Toyota for over 2 MONTHS NOW to get my abatement check. Horrific customer service, called today again for a checkup and they stated they needed another 2-3 weeks to send payment and separate it from another payment sent to them. Umm, I don't think so - there should only be one check from my town for the abatement, nice try. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? And your customer service reps really lack tact and professionalism. If I don't receive the check by the end of the month, I'm going to contact the BBB.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I purchased my 2015 Toyota Highlander back towards the end of March 2015. At the time I also had another Toyota RAV4. I have been dealing with nothing but stress with this company when it comes to my car payments. When purchasing the car, my payments were due per contract on the 25th of every month, since I had a different date for the RAV4 payments I asked them to change the due dates to the end of every month (this was back in 2015) so I can both cars together the same dates. I filled out forms and it was supposed to be done.

It's been 3 years now. My lease is about to end and since 2015 they made the error of changing my payment dates to the 15th of every month (which I was not aware of until I started seeing late fees) not the 30th and it has made me showing as late to my payments. On top of it I've been charged with late fees (which I paid). This has been an on going matter that still yet today has not been fixed, and they admitted to making this mistake and still cannot figure out a way to fix it.

Now my credit score and report has been affected due to Toyota Financial's mistakes which I have been trying to get fixed and cannot. Horrible horrible teamwork with this company and also notes are never kept on file because every time I spoke with someone I had to repeat the story over and over. They should have things on file and they don't. Just like they say calls are recorded. Not true because if they were then they shouldn't be asking me the same questions over and over.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Absolute painful. Every month I have an issue. I am never able to simply log in and send a payment without a certain amount of delays. Every time I have to call into customer support. Reset my password. Every time. It’s ridiculous. So I call and wait to speak to personal. Explain my issue which never gets addressed or fixed even though they mention your phone call may be monitored or recorded. How is it that Toyota can make such a nice dependable vehicle yet their TFS is nowhere near the quality of their automobiles. It is extremely upsetting that every month I have to call to make a payment. I’d like some sincere return feedback regarding this issue. I love my Tacoma but absolutely hate TFS.

Seriously my latest password is: **. It’s extremely disheartening for me every time when my payment is due. I feel like just dropping my vehicle off with the keys and say keep it. Because it’s not worth the headache. I’ve had my Tacoma about 3 years. I’m not a millennial. Is anything or anyone doing something to fix this epidemic. I informed the person helping me that I was sorry she had to hear me rant and how sad it felt to explain how troubling it is to go through this every month. I even stated, "Yes. I said you hear about all the shootings killings in our country." And I told her I was concerned that these problems might create a scenario of some disastrous proportions because of this log in process being so complicated that I can just see someone snapping.

Yeah it’s that bad that you have a system and it doesn’t work. For what it’s worth everyone in my family drives a Toyota. No other vehicle. Please know I hate your TFS and it hurts to know nothing's been done to rectify the problem. Not sure who the designer of your website is but they need to be informed. I think they should be replaced and have them take their format design with them on their way out the door. TFS sucks. I am a concerned consumer. No threat is intended only trying to make a point. 3 years is far too long for this to continue and that NOTHING has been done. It almost seems that TFS doesn’t care. Yet I know all employees have quotas to achieve but somehow TFS keeps on creating the nightmare. Anyway thanks for another headache.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I purchased a 2018 Toyota Corolla about six months ago and financed it through Toyota Financial Services. I had some extra cash and wanted to make a payment toward the principal, to reduce my future interest payments. The payment forms do not allow us consumers to specify payments only to principal. That's odd, as many installment and mortgage loans do that. So I called and made a $2,000 payment toward the principal over the phone, through a bank transfer. The representative said it would applied to principal. I made sure of that. Of course, two months later I learn that the payment was not made exclusive to principal. Some of it was used to pay interest. I got the run around from one representative at Toyota.

The second explained how their policies work. In order to make a principal payment, you have to mail a check to separate PO box and tell them you want it applied just to principal. Now why would a finance company do that? You know why -- because they want customers to pay as much of the interest as possible. Of course, the representative pooh-poohed that theory. Then why doesn't Toyota allow consumers to pay principal payments on their monthly statements? I love my car, but now I feel like Toyota is just like any other greedy capitalist organization. What is happening in America?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I leased a Toyota Rav4 for three years. When my lease termination date got close, I followed all the instructions provided by SE Toyota Finance. I made my last payment via auto withdrawal, got a glowing review on my inspection, and turned in my lease to a verified SE Toyota dealership. At the dealership, I asked if I needed to sign anything or do anything further. They assured me that everything was "good-to-go." After I turn in the vehicle, I mailed the odometer statement to SE Toyota Finance to verify my return.

A month later, I receive a bill in the mail for an additional lease payment. I call SE Toyota Finance and waited on hold for 30 minutes, 2 hours, 1.5 hours, and then 45 minutes on separate occasions before I talked to a human being. They then inform me that they used the date they received my odometer statement in the mail as the date of my car return. I inform them that my car was returned the month previous and they told me that there is no way to verify this (blamed the dealership). They tell me my options are: 1) pay the bill (for a month I didn't have the car); or 2) it will be reported to the credit bureau. I was an exemplary leasee. I always made my payments on time via automatic withdrawal. I returned the car in perfect condition and 3000 miles under my mileage allowance. I expected more from this company. Is it impossible for a good customer to expect good customer service? I will never do business with SE Toyota Finance again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Don't ever use this company! We went a year without one single late payment, and always ahead and when we were behind they would not help with pushing one payment to the back of our loan. We were behind and they kept sending us delinquent notices and then repossessed our car only after two payments behind on the due date of the second payment. This is the worst company in the most ridiculous financial service I've ever financed a vehicle through and would never use their services again. Out of all the money that we have paid them. And on top of that their finance charges are ridiculous. If you are late then your entire payment you can kiss goodbye cause it will go to their interest charge.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

When I purchased my used Toyota last week, I wanted to finance it for 24 months. When the paperwork was completed, the term of the loan was 60 months. The finance specialist told me that I could just pay it like a 24 month loan. What she did not tell me that there is no way to make principal only payments online. Any extra amount paid would go towards the next month's payment. I spoke to someone at TFS and was told that I would have to mail the payment to a different address to make a payment on principal. From reading some other reviews, who knows if it will work! I am so frustrated that I think I will use a balance transfer check from a credit card company to pay off the loan. At least then I can pay it off early with no problem!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I have had a Camry financed with them for three years. I have ran into some hard times the last couple years but if you talk to them and explain they will help you as much as they can. Just six months ago they let me skip two payments and of course I still am responsible for the interest but that doesn't matter because it saves my credit. Then today I am again 27 days behind I ask for help as I have missed work due to being sick missing work twice two weeks ago and then this last week I got the flu and have missed a week. I told them what was going on and they offered to help me again. I had offered to pay the one payment, even though this would have taken every dime I had but the guy said if I want they can let me skip this late payment and the payment due this month. Which I think is a wonderful thing to offer me. So if you have a problem they are there to help you if you just be honest with them.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I previously had a car with TFS. Upon trading it in they completely messed up my account. Apparently the person working on my account couldn't read the notes and tried charging me almost $500 for a set of keys I had turned it. Too damn lazy to try and clarify the notes and just figured I'd pay. Wrong. Stupidly I purchased another Toyota and financed through TFS. I have moved and need my registration. I did exactly what they told me to do back in October 2017! The end of January I called and they said, "Yes we received it." I said, "Well, did you process it?" Which really should have been a stupid question but, she said No! I said, "Well could you do that?"

I just called again (mid-February) and she said they just started to process the paperwork and it would take another 6-8 weeks. I need to register my car NOW! The DMV isn't going to care that you are too lazy or too stupid to do your job. I asked for a manager and she said they would have one call me. Asked what a convenient time would be I said, "Immediately." Several days later I'm still waiting. As soon as I get my registration I will be refinancing and will NEVER use TFS again. Their loss as I'm looking to purchase a high-end SUV. It will NOT be with them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

It's such a hassle calling Toyota, wait times are incredibly long. In most cases they don't fix the issue and you have to call back again. I have also been trying to get my truck registered in the new state I live in without any success. Since I can no longer use my truck because of this, I think my next call will be to inform them that they can come pick the truck up. No point in paying for a truck that can't be registered.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Turned my car in early on a 39 month 60k mile lease with Toyota Financial. Paid as agreed and one month later got hit with a $200.00 bill to clean a seat. Sent a letter to Toyota arguing that they could have contacted me and I would have cleaned it for free. In turn, rather than responding they sent me to a collection agency. I spent hours speaking to people at Toyota and Toyota Financial. Finally googled the email for the President and other exec officers and it was nearly immediately waived. Make sure to have someone check your car over when turning in a lease.

Toyota Financial Services Company Information