Toyota Financial Services
3.02/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Toyota Financial Services

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

386 Toyota Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

I am in the process of moving to Hawaii. As part of the process I am required to have a notarized letter from the lender authorizing the move. They informed me that they cannot do this since my move is not a result of job change or military transfer. I have been on time with payments and pay more than the minimum. There are no changes in my finances. This seems a bit ridiculous.

Original review: April 18, 2019

In 2015 we leased a 2015 Toyota Corolla. We had it for 3 years and then when it was up we got into another lease. They are charging us $500 for a "cleaning fee". I can get my car now detailed several times for that price! DO NOT lease through them. They just scam you of your money.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Their site says they will refund you in 30 days. This has been a joke. I submitted the correct paperwork on Dec 22, 2018 to cancel my VSA and GAP warranties. I no longer own the vehicle. I have never gotten my checks. I have called since Feb 11, 2019 to see where my checks are. I have agents I have spoken to and their ID numbers. I get told varying things from my checks wherein some "exchange system" and need authorization to be cut since my account has been paid off, my checks are in the mail so they are so sorry I haven't gotten them, so they will cut new checks and overnight them. The overnight story was 3/29/19. Well... today is April 16, 2019. I have YET to see my checks that total $3400. DO NOT BUY THEIR WARRANTY. DO NOT.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Purchased a 2018 Toyota Camry last October. Paying all payments promptly with one in advance. When paying with "Principal Only" on my check they keep charging interest on "Principal Only" even though regular payments are current. When I contact them they run me around in circles before fixing the misapplication. Their customer service is utterly maddening to deal with.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I have returned two leased cars to TFS. The first one they sent my bill to collections after only sending me one statement for payment. The second car I returned they are saying there is damage to the roof and provided me with blurry photos that show absolutely nothing. If I ever lease a car again (which I most likely won't) I'm gonna photograph that thing top to bottom so they can't pull any of this BS on me again. They say they are going to look into this matter but in the end I will most likely have to pay as I don't want a $150 BS charge to hurt my credit.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: March 22, 2019

This is experience with Toyota has cost me money and more importantly my time. I have been dealing with a mischarge on my account for 6 months and continuing til now. They charged me 1500 dollars more on my final lease statement. The mistake was they didn’t know I signed a 45,000 mile lease and I was charge access miles for a 30,000 mile lease.

I sent in my lease agreement 4 months ago. And since Toyota will not call its customers and you have to call in. I have for months called back and been told, “my case has been escalated.” And every time I call back the people say, “there are no notes here for your account. I will escalate your account though.” The supervisors always seem to be too busy. And Here I am almost 7 months later with a bill for 1500 dollars more. This system is so wrong and broken and I would strongly advise anyone against financing or even working with TFS in the slightest. It’s just incredibly rude to waste peoples lives and time like this.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Their service is a big scam. They sent an email for posted payment on 6 March. When I accessed my account I have seen the payment is due by 22 Feb and charged me late fee. I see they did this many times. I will call and ask explanation.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have called Toyota Financial Service twice, to request that they send my bill every month (I'm trying to pay off my RAV4 as soon as possible). I received the worst customer service today from an agent named Rosa. She said "we didn't sent your bill because you have made several payments at once." I told her "I know I have but I'm trying to pay off my car as soon as possible". She said there was nothing she could do and refused to let me speak with a manager and mentioned that if I wanted a monthly bill I have to call their financial dept every month and request a bill. If you ever buy a Toyota, which I don't recommend, find another financial entity such as your bank but don't do business with Southeast Toyota Financial Services.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Updated on 03/28/2019: The process began February 28th. All our work was in order. Now on March 25th a balloon payment issue is still not resolved. And the 5th excuse (count them 5 different reasons given), the 5th excuse for being unable to close the account properly is that they close it but it magically reappears and they just don't know how. I have been told no less than 4 times that I would receive a return call within 72 business hours. To date -27 days and counting - no one has called me. Avoid TFS at all cost.

The saga continues March 28 (the only 10 minutes in a week I haven't had my cell phone with me in the hopes of getting a return call and a TFS Manager called me. He left an 800 to call him back to speak to him. I called the number and no one there had heard of him. After several minutes they found someone of that name in the department I had told them he was in to begin with. They said they couldn't connect me or communicate to him other than to send an internal email. Avoid TFS at all cost

Original Review: After years of owning many new Toyotas and never being late on a payment, I will never do business with Toyota again. TFS is by far the least competent organization I have dealt with. When this current balloon payment issue is over for me, I will ride a mule before doing business with TFS again. Both as a customer and as someone who has managed large operations, I can't imagine anyone being worse. Avoid TFS like the plague. Been trying to refinance an end of term balloon payment with them for 19 days and they have done nothing but give the runaround. Now I wish I had just turned the car in.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Save your time and money and don't do business with them. All the messed up stuff, pay off your can and their site showing it's paid off and the account close. Two months later with no mail, no release, or title has been received when called they said, "Oh yea we will release it now and you have to wait for another 6 weeks" and I have a friend had received a wrong title. It's not a financial corporation. It's rather a pawn shop running by stupid people.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Our 2017 Camry was totaled in November of 2018. Since then we have been TRYING to deal with Toyota Financial Services, which is extraordinarily poorly run. They never "received" faxes from our insurance company. They told us they needed a breakdown of the check from the insurance company, a check they have cashed. They didn't receive this breakdown, which had been sent multiple times, until a customer service rep gave me her PERSONAL fax number. Then when they got the breakdown they told us they needed an evaluation report from the insurance company. I would suggest people NEVER FINANCE THROUGH TOYOTA. They are abysmal to put it mildly.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I financed my 2017 Toyota Corolla through Toyota Financial Services. I also purchased GAP insurance through the dealer. Well, thanks to some idiot not watching the road and slamming into me, my car was declared a total loss. I contacted Toyota Financial Services and let them know the car was declared a total loss and that I had GAP insurance and was collecting the information required by the GAP provider. They informed me that if I did not continue to make payments on the car, that I would be turned over to collections. They KNEW that I had GAP coverage and that it would take time for the claim to be processed, but they DEMANDED that I continue to make my regular monthly payments and threatened me if I did not make them. They are throwing responsibility on the GAP provider to reimburse me for the additional payments made after the date of loss.

They are greedy and underhanded and would sooner ruin my credit than act like human beings with common sense and wait for the GAP provider to pay the claim (which they know is going to happen). I wish I had financed elsewhere. I am likely never again to see the 2 additional car payments they harassed me into paying, regardless of the fact that the GAP provider is responsible for everything beyond the ACV of the vehicle on the date of loss. DO NOT finance through Toyota. They do not care about their customers. I wish I had gone elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I financed a Rav4 many years ago, after reading some of the other 350+ negative reviews, I'm so thankful I didn't allow them to have access to my checking acct and auto pay themselves. I took out a 5 year loan. After 2 years or so of making on time payments, I had the opportunity to pay it off early. I called to get the exact payoff amount and they said it had to be in before midnight the next day to avoid extra interest charges. Since my bank was closed that day due to power failure I had to send in 13 money orders. After waiting very patiently for them to send me the title almost one year later they sent me a bill for $1,000. For three years straight I kept getting a monthly bill for $1,000 every time I called and nobody can tell me what this bill was for.

I sent a certified letter arguing that the money I sent in was to the exact Penny of what I was told was the payoff amount. I got nowhere with Toyota Financial. They sent me to a collections agency where for the next year I was harassed too constantly. I got absolutely nowhere. I finally had to pay the extra $1,000 and to this day I just don't know what for just to get my title!!! When I called Toyota they said the loan was marked not paid in full, another term that affects my credit rating.

Toyota Financial Services are like a bunch of pirates!! How they do not have a class action lawsuit by now is beyond me. I would be first in line to sign up. In as much as I love Toyotas, their financial service department goes above and beyond to demonstrate extremely unfair business practices.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I paid off my car over 6 months ago and TFS refuses to contact the state that my car is titled in therefore I am unable to get a title for the car that I OWN. I have called over and over again to get this resolved the representatives can’t seem to figure what the problem. Now they tell me that my car is titled in a state that I have never been in! The last representative told me since my account is closed they can’t help me. Very poor business practices. TFS is preventing me from getting the title to my car.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Really bad company to do business with, customer service representatives are really rude and unprofessional, they don't care about their customer. HOW can a company like this exist is beyond me. A couple days after making my last payment I tried to log in into the account to be welcomed by this message "Your account has been deactivated. Please contact customer support." Do yourself a favor STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUYS. They are the worst finance company and they are all criminals. These guys will report late payments EVEN IF YOU PAY ON TIME. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

After 5 months since I'd turned in my leased 2016 Toyota Corolla to the Toyota dealership in Culver City (CA). I received a phone call at my workplace from TFS. A TFS agent informed me that I owed $1333.55 to Toyota Financial without any other details. It felt very much like a scam, so I hung up and I called Toyota Financial myself and start questioning the customer representative. She located my account but still wasn't able to tell me what I was being charged for. She mentioned "repo fees", then "early termination fees", which didn't apply at ALL in my case.

After some more searching and putting me on hold, she answered that it was a difference between an outstanding balance and the sale price. I explained to her that NO ONE EVER had mentioned any such a thing to me. Last I checked the TFS website stated that the only charge to expect on my End of term invoice after I turn in my vehicle are: Excess wear and use, Excess mileage, Disposition fee, Unpaid payments, Late fees, taxes or tolls, Early termination. ANY of those applied in my case... I am very disappointed and frustrated by my experience with TFS. I will fight those charge, as I believe they are totally incorrect.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I got an a accident with a drunk driver is how it started. This happened on January 13 2018. I've set in multiple packets of paperwork to get my GAP claim started. Nothing has been done. They "havent received anything." They said the insurance company has to contact them. While this insurance company is not my own. The company name is ESIS claim. They are as bad if not worse than Toyota Financial. I've called them, emailed them. Nothing. So Toyota Financial stated until they contact them or they receive the paperwork they can't do anything. So my account is collecting interest on top of this claim. $1500 for a unpaid amount that I can't even get fixed.

Don't ever use this company or buy the GAP insurance from them. Apparently you can get it cheaper elsewhere and not deal with this. Please if you take any advice never get a loan from this company. I wish I had looked before I shopped...total regret. Also you can't sign into your account online which would have made it easier to at least suck it up and make little payments at a time.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Do not use Toyota Financial. We have leased a car through them for two and a half years only to find out after two years that they weren’t withdrawing enough from my account for my payment and charging late fees which we were never informed about until I just happened to look at our account one day. No messages, no letters or no emails.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I turned in my leased RAV on April 2, 2018 (and took a lease on a newer vehicle). Dealer told me to contact TFS for a tax rebate form. TFS CSR told me I needed cancellation receipt. I obtained that, and called TFS again. CSR told me to contact the dealer. Told her I had already done so. CSR finally agreed to transfer me to someone who deals with "End of Lease issues." Then she dropped the call. A few more back-and-forths and I finally reached the LES Department on July 17. Was told "process was starting." Checked several times with Tax Collector; nothing received there from TFS.

Several months later, nothing, so I faxed the papers every day for several days, to the phone # I was given by the last CSR: **, giving my phone # and email address and asking someone to contact me. Nothing. I can support all the complaints in other reviews about bad service, incompetent employees, long wait times, etc. They all happened to me too.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Leased a Camry for 20,000 miles per year. I have the paperwork to prove the 20k contract. Getting bills stating we are over the mileage and owe them money based on 15k per year as they state. I have the paperwork; second time they are making mistakes with the paid mileage. Poor business tactics. Poor customer service. After 7 Toyotas we are finished doing business with them.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Twice they took 2 payments from my auto pay after vehicle was paid in full. Three months after numerous calls, rude customer service including Jamie a supervisor I still have no resolution. Further today Jamie tells me I will receive a bill 3 months later for excessive wear in amount of 535 dollars. The car was under mileage limit and there was no damage. They hire a independent company to view car. What garbage to tell someone three months later and vehicle wasn't inspected until three weeks after I turned it in.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

DO NOT USE TOYOTA FINANCIAL! I have been having the same issues with them for the last four months. I have a savings account I use to make my payments and I keep getting told insufficient funds notices, and now I'm months behind on my payments, so I go to my bank and the money is in the account. The bank informed me that Toyota is running the request as a checking account and not a savings account - even though I tell them every time I call it's a SAVINGS ACCOUNT! These people are useless - no one knows how to fix my problem and it's basically like I'm trying to throw my money at them but they don't want it and now I'm in default because of the errors their team members make. If given the option, I would give them the damn car back and move on.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I bought a RAV4 in 2016 which I absolutely love. I financed it through Toyota Financial. Last month they started a new policy where any extra payment goes to interest only and if you want to have the payment applied to the principal balance you have to call them. You cannot call at the time that you make the payment. You have to remember to call them a few days later after the payment posts. There is usually a long wait on the phone to talk with a representative. This is incredibly inconvenient. This policy is to discourage customers to pay off their vehicles early. It is very unfair! I would not recommend Toyota Financial to anyone. Better to finance through a bank.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I bought a new Toyota Corolla in Southern California. When I signed my contract they mentioned about a clause they have where you pay extra on your loan and if you have financial issues down the road they will give me a grace period until a certain time so I signed up for it and after I lost my job I called them and let them know what's happening. They stop letting me make payments on my vehicle. I would get a confirmation number that my payment was made then they would reject my payment so after thinking I'm current on my payment I get called about my gate is locked and a repo man is at my yard. Well in California they are suppose to send you a notice by mail so I thought there was a mistake so I call up this crooked company and let them know there is a repo guy at my front gate and they told me well I'm 4 months behind on my payments so I asked them where my money went.

They told me it was sent back to my account. It wasn't there because I paid by money order. My money orders were returned to the Walmart where I paid at stating wrong account even though it was the right account. I asked them about that program I signed up for in the purchasing of the vehicle. They stated that's not valid in California but they explained that's why I paid an extra $5,000.00. Then they told me I no longer qualify for the vehicle because I don't have a job and that's why they will not accept payments from me unless I can prove a source of income. Best of all they are hitting my wife's credit with hard inquiries even though she was not on the loan or on the vehicle knocking her credit down 150 points. My advice avoid using this crooked company and never by a Toyota. It's not worth it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Do not buy from this organization. I have spent hours no kidding, trying to give them information... They could not find my account with the contact information they provided on an earlier call. Go somewhere else if you want to avoid aggravation.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had to file bankruptcy at the end of 2017, I continued making payments on my Scion xB for as long as I could. When I fell behind they sent me a letter saying they would be coming to pick up the car, this was in July of 2018. They finally came yesterday December 10th and towed the car. My mother had been driving the car since December because she did not have a reliable vehicle.

Today I called to see if we could work out a deal for the car so that my mother could have it to drive. I owe less than 4000 on the car. Told them I could give them 500 tomorrow, that's all my mom could afford seeing as she is on social security. I was told that they do not negotiate on their contracts. I have already paid 17000 on this car and you can't negotiate the little bit that is left. Way to kick someone when they are down. The car has quite of bit of damage on it, so they won't get more than I offered at auction anyways. I will never use Toyota Financial Services for a vehicle loan again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Submitted paperwork 10/9/18 for refund of ext warranty & maintenance plans. Have had to fax 2x same paperwork to them to have checks reissued in correct name. Still have not received refund after being lied to about checks being sent overnight.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Toyota Financial has been a nightmare during a very difficult time. My father passed away on Sept 12th, 2018. Unfortunately. He had a leased car, which I had no choice but to take over. Insensitive & slow the staff at Probate; I started the process of transfer late Sept; today, Dec 5th, I still don't have my title transfer & docs to take to the DMV. Meanwhile, my father's registration is due on 12/18 & if I don’t get the docs, I have to pay his without evidence of ins, to not face late penalty, which means going to DMV twice! They made multiple mistakes: 1) mailed me partial docs, 2) mail docs to wrong (typo) address; 3) Finally FedEx the docs. I’ve been on top of it, but they work at a pace of a snail. Bottom line: Don’t lease a car. Don’t lease from Toyota. Think about what might happen if you die because whoever takes over the lease will go through a hellacious process with a group of jerks!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The website is not user friendly at all. My #1 complaint is the inability to process a principal only payment. Toyota will state that you are paying to principal yet they reduce your next payment due. This does not actually save the consumer anything on interest. This is a very sneaky and underhanded way of Toyota gathering extra interest from customers. If you call their customer service line you will have to educate their employees each time on what truly is principal reduction and plan to spend at least 30 minutes per call. Finance with someone else if possible.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

It’s the biggest joke to deal with this financial service, if you can don’t finance anything with them. Nobody knows their job. Has been a year that we requested a lien release and now that we are selling the vehicle, DMV STILL have a lien on it. And 2 hours later, nothing has been done. Horrible horrible company.

Toyota Financial Services Company Information