Toyota Financial Services
1.06/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Toyota Financial Services

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

376 Toyota Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Our 2017 Camry was totaled in November of 2018. Since then we have been TRYING to deal with Toyota Financial Services, which is extraordinarily poorly run. They never "received" faxes from our insurance company. They told us they needed a breakdown of the check from the insurance company, a check they have cashed. They didn't receive this breakdown, which had been sent multiple times, until a customer service rep gave me her PERSONAL fax number. Then when they got the breakdown they told us they needed an evaluation report from the insurance company. I would suggest people NEVER FINANCE THROUGH TOYOTA. They are abysmal to put it mildly.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I financed my 2017 Toyota Corolla through Toyota Financial Services. I also purchased GAP insurance through the dealer. Well, thanks to some idiot not watching the road and slamming into me, my car was declared a total loss. I contacted Toyota Financial Services and let them know the car was declared a total loss and that I had GAP insurance and was collecting the information required by the GAP provider. They informed me that if I did not continue to make payments on the car, that I would be turned over to collections. They KNEW that I had GAP coverage and that it would take time for the claim to be processed, but they DEMANDED that I continue to make my regular monthly payments and threatened me if I did not make them. They are throwing responsibility on the GAP provider to reimburse me for the additional payments made after the date of loss.

They are greedy and underhanded and would sooner ruin my credit than act like human beings with common sense and wait for the GAP provider to pay the claim (which they know is going to happen). I wish I had financed elsewhere. I am likely never again to see the 2 additional car payments they harassed me into paying, regardless of the fact that the GAP provider is responsible for everything beyond the ACV of the vehicle on the date of loss. DO NOT finance through Toyota. They do not care about their customers. I wish I had gone elsewhere.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I financed a Rav4 many years ago, after reading some of the other 350+ negative reviews, I'm so thankful I didn't allow them to have access to my checking acct and auto pay themselves. I took out a 5 year loan. After 2 years or so of making on time payments, I had the opportunity to pay it off early. I called to get the exact payoff amount and they said it had to be in before midnight the next day to avoid extra interest charges. Since my bank was closed that day due to power failure I had to send in 13 money orders. After waiting very patiently for them to send me the title almost one year later they sent me a bill for $1,000. For three years straight I kept getting a monthly bill for $1,000 every time I called and nobody can tell me what this bill was for.

I sent a certified letter arguing that the money I sent in was to the exact Penny of what I was told was the payoff amount. I got nowhere with Toyota Financial. They sent me to a collections agency where for the next year I was harassed too constantly. I got absolutely nowhere. I finally had to pay the extra $1,000 and to this day I just don't know what for just to get my title!!! When I called Toyota they said the loan was marked not paid in full, another term that affects my credit rating.

Toyota Financial Services are like a bunch of pirates!! How they do not have a class action lawsuit by now is beyond me. I would be first in line to sign up. In as much as I love Toyotas, their financial service department goes above and beyond to demonstrate extremely unfair business practices.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I paid off my car over 6 months ago and TFS refuses to contact the state that my car is titled in therefore I am unable to get a title for the car that I OWN. I have called over and over again to get this resolved the representatives can’t seem to figure what the problem. Now they tell me that my car is titled in a state that I have never been in! The last representative told me since my account is closed they can’t help me. Very poor business practices. TFS is preventing me from getting the title to my car.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Really bad company to do business with, customer service representatives are really rude and unprofessional, they don't care about their customer. HOW can a company like this exist is beyond me. A couple days after making my last payment I tried to log in into the account to be welcomed by this message "Your account has been deactivated. Please contact customer support." Do yourself a favor STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUYS. They are the worst finance company and they are all criminals. These guys will report late payments EVEN IF YOU PAY ON TIME. BUYER BEWARE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

After 5 months since I'd turned in my leased 2016 Toyota Corolla to the Toyota dealership in Culver City (CA). I received a phone call at my workplace from TFS. A TFS agent informed me that I owed $1333.55 to Toyota Financial without any other details. It felt very much like a scam, so I hung up and I called Toyota Financial myself and start questioning the customer representative. She located my account but still wasn't able to tell me what I was being charged for. She mentioned "repo fees", then "early termination fees", which didn't apply at ALL in my case.

After some more searching and putting me on hold, she answered that it was a difference between an outstanding balance and the sale price. I explained to her that NO ONE EVER had mentioned any such a thing to me. Last I checked the TFS website stated that the only charge to expect on my End of term invoice after I turn in my vehicle are: Excess wear and use, Excess mileage, Disposition fee, Unpaid payments, Late fees, taxes or tolls, Early termination. ANY of those applied in my case... I am very disappointed and frustrated by my experience with TFS. I will fight those charge, as I believe they are totally incorrect.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I got an a accident with a drunk driver is how it started. This happened on January 13 2018. I've set in multiple packets of paperwork to get my GAP claim started. Nothing has been done. They "havent received anything." They said the insurance company has to contact them. While this insurance company is not my own. The company name is ESIS claim. They are as bad if not worse than Toyota Financial. I've called them, emailed them. Nothing. So Toyota Financial stated until they contact them or they receive the paperwork they can't do anything. So my account is collecting interest on top of this claim. $1500 for a unpaid amount that I can't even get fixed.

Don't ever use this company or buy the GAP insurance from them. Apparently you can get it cheaper elsewhere and not deal with this. Please if you take any advice never get a loan from this company. I wish I had looked before I shopped...total regret. Also you can't sign into your account online which would have made it easier to at least suck it up and make little payments at a time.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Do not use Toyota Financial. We have leased a car through them for two and a half years only to find out after two years that they weren’t withdrawing enough from my account for my payment and charging late fees which we were never informed about until I just happened to look at our account one day. No messages, no letters or no emails.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I turned in my leased RAV on April 2, 2018 (and took a lease on a newer vehicle). Dealer told me to contact TFS for a tax rebate form. TFS CSR told me I needed cancellation receipt. I obtained that, and called TFS again. CSR told me to contact the dealer. Told her I had already done so. CSR finally agreed to transfer me to someone who deals with "End of Lease issues." Then she dropped the call. A few more back-and-forths and I finally reached the LES Department on July 17. Was told "process was starting." Checked several times with Tax Collector; nothing received there from TFS.

Several months later, nothing, so I faxed the papers every day for several days, to the phone # I was given by the last CSR: **, giving my phone # and email address and asking someone to contact me. Nothing. I can support all the complaints in other reviews about bad service, incompetent employees, long wait times, etc. They all happened to me too.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Leased a Camry for 20,000 miles per year. I have the paperwork to prove the 20k contract. Getting bills stating we are over the mileage and owe them money based on 15k per year as they state. I have the paperwork; second time they are making mistakes with the paid mileage. Poor business tactics. Poor customer service. After 7 Toyotas we are finished doing business with them.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Twice they took 2 payments from my auto pay after vehicle was paid in full. Three months after numerous calls, rude customer service including Jamie a supervisor I still have no resolution. Further today Jamie tells me I will receive a bill 3 months later for excessive wear in amount of 535 dollars. The car was under mileage limit and there was no damage. They hire a independent company to view car. What garbage to tell someone three months later and vehicle wasn't inspected until three weeks after I turned it in.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

DO NOT USE TOYOTA FINANCIAL! I have been having the same issues with them for the last four months. I have a savings account I use to make my payments and I keep getting told insufficient funds notices, and now I'm months behind on my payments, so I go to my bank and the money is in the account. The bank informed me that Toyota is running the request as a checking account and not a savings account - even though I tell them every time I call it's a SAVINGS ACCOUNT! These people are useless - no one knows how to fix my problem and it's basically like I'm trying to throw my money at them but they don't want it and now I'm in default because of the errors their team members make. If given the option, I would give them the damn car back and move on.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I bought a RAV4 in 2016 which I absolutely love. I financed it through Toyota Financial. Last month they started a new policy where any extra payment goes to interest only and if you want to have the payment applied to the principal balance you have to call them. You cannot call at the time that you make the payment. You have to remember to call them a few days later after the payment posts. There is usually a long wait on the phone to talk with a representative. This is incredibly inconvenient. This policy is to discourage customers to pay off their vehicles early. It is very unfair! I would not recommend Toyota Financial to anyone. Better to finance through a bank.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I bought a new Toyota Corolla in Southern California. When I signed my contract they mentioned about a clause they have where you pay extra on your loan and if you have financial issues down the road they will give me a grace period until a certain time so I signed up for it and after I lost my job I called them and let them know what's happening. They stop letting me make payments on my vehicle. I would get a confirmation number that my payment was made then they would reject my payment so after thinking I'm current on my payment I get called about my gate is locked and a repo man is at my yard. Well in California they are suppose to send you a notice by mail so I thought there was a mistake so I call up this crooked company and let them know there is a repo guy at my front gate and they told me well I'm 4 months behind on my payments so I asked them where my money went.

They told me it was sent back to my account. It wasn't there because I paid by money order. My money orders were returned to the Walmart where I paid at stating wrong account even though it was the right account. I asked them about that program I signed up for in the purchasing of the vehicle. They stated that's not valid in California but they explained that's why I paid an extra $5,000.00. Then they told me I no longer qualify for the vehicle because I don't have a job and that's why they will not accept payments from me unless I can prove a source of income. Best of all they are hitting my wife's credit with hard inquiries even though she was not on the loan or on the vehicle knocking her credit down 150 points. My advice avoid using this crooked company and never by a Toyota. It's not worth it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Do not buy from this organization. I have spent hours no kidding, trying to give them information... They could not find my account with the contact information they provided on an earlier call. Go somewhere else if you want to avoid aggravation.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I had to file bankruptcy at the end of 2017, I continued making payments on my Scion xB for as long as I could. When I fell behind they sent me a letter saying they would be coming to pick up the car, this was in July of 2018. They finally came yesterday December 10th and towed the car. My mother had been driving the car since December because she did not have a reliable vehicle.

Today I called to see if we could work out a deal for the car so that my mother could have it to drive. I owe less than 4000 on the car. Told them I could give them 500 tomorrow, that's all my mom could afford seeing as she is on social security. I was told that they do not negotiate on their contracts. I have already paid 17000 on this car and you can't negotiate the little bit that is left. Way to kick someone when they are down. The car has quite of bit of damage on it, so they won't get more than I offered at auction anyways. I will never use Toyota Financial Services for a vehicle loan again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Submitted paperwork 10/9/18 for refund of ext warranty & maintenance plans. Have had to fax 2x same paperwork to them to have checks reissued in correct name. Still have not received refund after being lied to about checks being sent overnight.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Toyota Financial has been a nightmare during a very difficult time. My father passed away on Sept 12th, 2018. Unfortunately. He had a leased car, which I had no choice but to take over. Insensitive & slow the staff at Probate; I started the process of transfer late Sept; today, Dec 5th, I still don't have my title transfer & docs to take to the DMV. Meanwhile, my father's registration is due on 12/18 & if I don’t get the docs, I have to pay his without evidence of ins, to not face late penalty, which means going to DMV twice! They made multiple mistakes: 1) mailed me partial docs, 2) mail docs to wrong (typo) address; 3) Finally FedEx the docs. I’ve been on top of it, but they work at a pace of a snail. Bottom line: Don’t lease a car. Don’t lease from Toyota. Think about what might happen if you die because whoever takes over the lease will go through a hellacious process with a group of jerks!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

The website is not user friendly at all. My #1 complaint is the inability to process a principal only payment. Toyota will state that you are paying to principal yet they reduce your next payment due. This does not actually save the consumer anything on interest. This is a very sneaky and underhanded way of Toyota gathering extra interest from customers. If you call their customer service line you will have to educate their employees each time on what truly is principal reduction and plan to spend at least 30 minutes per call. Finance with someone else if possible.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

It’s the biggest joke to deal with this financial service, if you can don’t finance anything with them. Nobody knows their job. Has been a year that we requested a lien release and now that we are selling the vehicle, DMV STILL have a lien on it. And 2 hours later, nothing has been done. Horrible horrible company.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Previously bought 4 Lexus - just sold Toyota Avalon 2003 and buyer notified me that there was lien on car. I called Toyota credit and they could not find my vin # even though I could find it on website. They said it would take up to 1 month to investigate. Spoke to supervisor who was of no help. I will take car back from buyer who thinks I am thief for selling him car with lien. Called Kars4Kids to donate car and they could not accept it because of lien. Shame on you Toyota. Will never buy Lexus or Toyota again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I recently purchased a Toyota Avalon Limited Hybrid from a great dealership. I went with Toyota Financial for the financing because they offered a slightly better interest rate. When I filled out the contract I was told that payments would be twice monthly and begin on a specific date. I was also told that I would be contacted by Toyota Financial to set up the payments. After approximately three weeks with no contact I contacted the dealership and Toyota Financial. The phone prompt system asks for an account number which I had not received, as I had not yet been contacted by Toyota Financial. After numerous phone calls to customer service, being placed on hold for extended periods of time, and then being cut off after a certain period of time passed on hold, I finally found someone to look into my account. It turned out that my first payment was due in five (5) days.

Fortunately I could make a one time $650 payment and not be late. I was told that the contract and payment information was sent to an old address. An address I never provided. Reoccurring payments can only be made monthly or weekly not every two weeks. I found the customer service staff unprofessional with unreliable information. Perhaps this is how business is conducted by Toyota Financial with the hope that the customer will not be able to track down the information on time thereby resulting in late fees. Fortunately this did not happen to me. I have financed many cars in the past. This is the worse experience I have had. I WOULD NOT recommend Toyota Financial to ANYONE. If it comes down to a small difference in interest rate, go with your bank or someone you can trust.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Fraudulent charges, privacy breach, extortion and intimidation - My family and I've been having Toyotas since 1991 and hadn't had any problems until recently: on 11/13/2018, after 5 months since I'd turned in the leased previously-used 2013 Toyota Corolla to a dealership, I received a letter from Alltran Financial stating that I owed the money to Toyota Financial for 'one or more of the following charges: unpaid lease charges, mileage and/or wear and use over and above that allowed by your lease agreement', and no specifics.

I called Toyota Financial about this, and they said they couldn't answer my questions and insisted that I talk to Alltran Financial this matter, and I was transferred over to Alltran, and Marie **, a rep, asked me for the last 4 digits of my SS#!! For identification purposes. First of all, Toyota Financial failed to protect my private info by disclosing my SS# to a 3rd party, and breached my privacy and confidentiality rights! Then, I refused to give out the last 4 numbers of my SS#, I told her that I had Alltran ID and the Account #, she said, no, asked for my home address.

After I provided her W/ address, she located my accnt but still wasn't able to tell me what I was being charged for. After some more searching and putting me on hold, she answered that it was for wear and tear. I explained to her that in 2015 I had leased then-already-pre-owned 2013 Toyota, and had returned the car in exactly the same condition as I had gotten it in; there were some minor dent and scratches on the car by the time when I had leased it from the dealership.

The Alltran's rep's response was: "Prove that you surrendered the vehicle in a good condition otherwise we'll report failure-to-pay to the credit agencies, you have just a few days left." Based on all above mentioned, I'm going to file a complaint w/ Better Business Bureau and with will report them to The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at www.consumerfinance.gov/ and I will join a class action against Toyota Financial Services!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I am enrolled in Autopay, first, so as not to miss any payment. Second, to have peace of mind and be stress free. However, I still received a text message that my account needs attention and call the 800 number. So I called. Their system said my payment is past due. This is not good, it gave me stress. I asked for a live person to talk to. Her name was Jaime. She explained to me that it's because the 10th this month of November 2018 (my due date is the 10th of every month) fell on a Saturday, they are closed, banks are closed, so my autopay was processed 2 days after.

This does not make sense at all. But to Jaime, this made sense. She didn't even bother to say she'll report this to management. Rather, she said for me just to ignore the alerts from here on. She told me not to make this a big deal. Their system is not synchronized. Why would a customer enrolled in autopay get an alert of past due payment? Customer's fault? They need a better IT guy to fix their alert system. Someone can have a heart attack because of this.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I bought a new 2012 Toyota Corolla, I made every single payment. I am a single mom, and I have worked my butt off to make sure I pay my bills on time. I purchased two additional vehicles from the dealership and always make my payments. I was very loyal and committed to using this company. The vehicles by the way are wonderful!! I was on my very last payment of the Corolla, I was so proud of myself, I typed in the amount I owed which was less than the quoted car payment because I always paid more than the minimum. Somehow, either there was a website error or I read the amount wrong, but I paid less than the final amount. No one contacted me until this Monday 11/3/2018 and we agreed it must have been some type of error being I have paid every payment why would I pay $143.00 too little for the $26,000 I had already paid.

I went to pay my Capital One credit card today and saw an alert. Lo and behold, instead of taking my final payment, they reported me with a derogatory remark to the credit bureau!! Saying my loan was delinquent. I was shook. I work so hard to keep my credit the best I can and to have a company that I have loyally used and paid do this to me is just disgusting. I called them and requested they remove this remark. Due to a data error and I have been a good paying customer. The woman that I spoke to TOSHA was horrible to me and talked to me like I was a piece of crap. FOR $143 after paying $26 THOUSAND, she could have cared less and offered no help for me to take care of this.

I am insulted to the point I would like to let everyone know that NO ONE deserves to be treated or talked to so badly, and the credit report has so much power over your life, and for a company to be able to report you so easily without even giving you the opportunity to figure it out and fix the situation should be criminal. It is taking advantage of that very power. If I was 2 months late or even 6 months, I could see making a hit on your lifeline of a credit score. But $143.00 a few weeks late, after 6 years of on time payments?

A good company, good people would have contacted me to find out if something went wrong before pressing the NUKE button on my next 7 years. I am disgusted and will be transferring my other two loans to a different bank, I will never purchase anything related to Toyota Financial. I have nothing but unkind remarks for their integrity and character. And the girl TOSHA that degraded me in every possible way, hope to god you never need assistance from anyone. You don't deserve it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I leased a RAV4 from Toyota. It was my 3rd Toyota lease, the first 2 were Tacomas. I was always told if I continued to purchase/lease Toyotas I wouldn’t have to worry when the lease ends. So when I turned in the RAV4 I got another Toyota. About 9 months later I received a bill for excessive damages to the vehicle that totaled over $2000. The vehicle I turned in was well under mileage and in exceptional condition. They sent pictures of the damages but you literally couldn’t see it. I’m never gonna pay it. Don’t care what it does to my credit because I have no interest in financing anything ever again.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I've had a 2009 Corolla and now a 2018 RAV4. I've been dealing with TFS for over 2 years now and their payment methods are horrible and not transparent. They've sent payment confirmations on payment that weren't made and had my account fall behind and affect my credit score, which made it difficult to get the RAV4. Now I'm at making my first payment and I had to make it twice because they didn't authorize the first two and there is just no explanation. The rep herself even suggested to use my own banking site. The app always locks me out of my account and I can never get back to my account overview if using my mobile device or desktop computers. I have no idea who is programming their site, but I can say after 2 years and these technical issues affecting my credit report I wouldn't suggest this company for making payments on your vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I bought a Toyota in 2017 due to hail damage on my previous vehicle and the dealer suggested I go with Toyota Financial Services because they had the best rate at the time. Big mistake! I had Security Services on previous Toyota and they were great lenders. If I am one day late on my payment they start sending me text messages etc about my account even though we are supposed to have a 10 day grace period. I am going to see if I can find another lender to take over my loan and will never suggest this company to anyone!!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I bought commercial vehicle ** in 2016 and took the loan from TFSIN rs 4,40,000 for 48 EMIs 12170/. I paid 11 EMIs and till December 2017 I didn't pay any for last 4 EMI and surrender my vehicle to Chanchal **. He promised me that when you will able to pay 12170*4 then you can take your vehicle. After 3 months I arranged 12170*4 but that time Chanchal ** ask me for 12170*7+27000 for leave my vehicle. I paid all amount 1,11,000 to Chanchal ** and took my vehicle. He parked my vehicle in a bad manner because the vehicle was not in working condition when I took from there. I complained about the same to Chanchal as well as Toyota roadside assistance.

In the June 18 month, my vehicle has been theft. Chanchal ** misguided me to future payment. He promises me that no one will ask for the last four-month payment. Not I lost my vehicle. And want NOC from Toyota Financial. But they ask me for full payment. Mentally the harassment me and pressurize me for full payment. This is a very bad company for finance. I will not recommend to anyone for vehicle loan from Toyota Financial. They misguide us so they are very bad persons who working in TFSIN.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

When I leased my RAV4 in 2016 I was expecting that all the maintenance would be included in the lease, it’s not!!! I put over $2000.00 down plus a car, I was under the understanding that all I had to do is keep my agreements and at the end of my lease just turn the car in and all is good. I’m in my last year of my lease and just found out that I have to pay for the last two maintenance and they’re not cheap, one is $180.00 this month and the other is just before the lease ends and that’s a whopping $300.00 and change. Then they tell me I have to pay another $350.00 to restock the thing back on their lot... so at the end of my lease I have to come up with almost $700.00 and on top of that I have to make a down payment on another vehicle???

Toyota Financial Services Company Information