Toyota Financial Services

Toyota Financial Services

2.7/5 (1007 ratings)

About Toyota Financial Services

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. Read reviews for their models:

Toyota Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

When I purchased my new Toyota from Arlington Toyota in Jacksonville FL in early Sep/2002, the dealer did not say which lender would provide the auto loan. Unfortunately Toyota Financial Services was assigned. I was told there will be no pre-payment penalties by the dealer. Well, it turns-out that this financial company runs a scam to still charge interest from me when I make extra payments towards the loan principal. What they do is move-out the date when the payment is due so that additional interest has to be paid by me. So, next payment was due on Oct/11/2022. When I made a $1000 payment towards the loan principal, they moved-out my auto payment date by a month to Nov/11/2022. This payment I made before any payment was due.

I've been on the phone several times to get the next autopayment processed as scheduled, but they won't actually do it. The customer service lies and says they updated the payment date, but when I look at the details on the website, they haven't updated anything. I don't know what to do or whom to reach-out to at this time to stop them from overcharging interest from me. Maybe the only thing I could do is re-finance the loan with a reputable bank. If you are buying a new Toyota from a dealership, please have your own finance in place, do not get a loan arranged by the Toyota dealership.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Do not care about disabled customers. I have made payments on time for years. I became permanently disabled a few months ago, and I am waiting for insurance to start paying out. They said nothing they could do because my loan was near the maturity date. No extensions, nothing. What a low-life-sucking financial company. I am selling my new Toyota and changing manufacturers.

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I bought a car thru McCall Toyota, and Toyota Financial handles the payments, I was late on a few payments. Instead of a $50 late fee, these morons take $790 from 2 car payments of $400… ridiculous, they are definitely thieves. Don’t ever do business with these white collar crooks. They should be locked up and thrown in jail…. because of their practices.. They took $790 and put it towards interest, and $10.92 towards principal, I made 2 payments on the car… These people are nuts…

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Unacceptable response from entire team. Trying to get a title for 4 months. Loss of unit depreciation and Michael ** promised to call back after a 2.5 hour phone call. That was the last of many hours on the phone. He recommended I sue the dealer who leased the vehicle to me, laughed at me, yawned and said I was ridiculous request waiting 4 months for a title that the dealer wants to return the unit. Again, Michael ** assure me he would run this up the Ladder that as a dealer we are looking for a complete buyout or unit depreciation and failed to live up to his promise. Did I mention Michael ** Supervisor from Toyota Financial promised he would deal with this swiftly?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Horrible! Had my car leasing with them. I never missed a payment. When I had an accident and car was totaled my insurance company paid them immediately (less than one month!). However I had overpaid a bit my loan and they owed me a check of a few thousand dollars. That check never arrived!!!! Interesting how their bills arrived but my check (my money!) never arrived! DO NOT WORK WITH THEM - there are many respectable and professional loan companies available. They lied to me SEVERAL TIMES on the phone - that they mailed the check, that check is coming with FedEx, that they will call me back with a tracking number, etc. Never received anything from them and did not receive a tracking number either. Next step is the court.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

They keep stating that my payments are always late and it’s going on my credit report. They are rip offs and after this vehicle is paid off I will never deal with TOYOTA FINANCIAL SERVICES AGAIN. They are THIEVES!

Original review: July 28, 2022

They do not release your lien after you pay in full. They do not ensure you receive your title. They hang up on you if you call and close your ticket if you submit a help desk ticket. They say it is your problem if you do not receive your title. Do not buy a Toyota unless you can pay in full. If you borrow from Toyota Financial Corp, you will never own your own vehicle. This company is a scam and very unethical in their practices.

Original review: July 23, 2022

I tried to make a payment over the phone before my automatic payment was due but I didn’t do it in time. Then I was charged twice for the same month. I contacted customer service three separate times explaining the situation. The customer service representatives I spoke with were very knowledgeable and friendly. They returned my money but it took nine days to get my money back with snail mail. Why is it that electronic payments happen in two days but it takes ten days to refund your money? I’ve been in the same situation with credit card companies and they refunded my money instantly.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I'm a current customer of Toyota Financial Services for almost 4 years. I've made my payments on time and many times even before they are due. Over 10 times I've sent in my payment and had to resend it because they were too dumb to credit it to my account even though my name in my account number was on the money order. I was going to pay my car off early but this time these dodoes cashed my money order and didn't credit it to my account. I sent in a copy of the money as proof with their stamp on it and they still didn't credit it to my account cuz they said they have to find out where the funds went. That's not my problem. They cashed my money order they need to credit the $330.00 to my account and whatever they did with the money is their headache not mine. I did my part.

To top it off they reported me as being late for their indiscrepancies! Sometimes there is only 1 way to say something and bottom line is these people are mind numbingly stupid except for Cynthia. I would advise anyone who reads this not to do business with Toyota financial services or any business affiliated with Toyota. IT'S NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE!

Original review: July 11, 2022

They do not release titles for loan payoffs until you call them many, many times. They have a problem internally processing loan payoffs. They will NOT simply send you title once you finally pay off their Toyota Motor Credit or Toyota Lease loan. You will have to call them over and over to finally receive it. This is illegal as you are unable to sell, transfer, refinance your vehicle without 1) the title or 2) a lien satisfied. It will take a group of us to form class action to get these ** and change their negligence. You will find my complaint is common with Toyota Financial.

Toyota Financial Services Company Information