Toyota Financial Services
1.16/5

Auto Warranty Expired?

Toyota Financial Services

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

353 Toyota Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I am enrolled in Autopay, first, so as not to miss any payment. Second, to have peace of mind and be stress free. However, I still received a text message that my account needs attention and call the 800 number. So I called. Their system said my payment is past due. This is not good, it gave me stress. I asked for a live person to talk to. Her name was Jaime. She explained to me that it's because the 10th this month of November 2018 (my due date is the 10th of every month) fell on a Saturday, they are closed, banks are closed, so my autopay was processed 2 days after.

This does not make sense at all. But to Jaime, this made sense. She didn't even bother to say she'll report this to management. Rather, she said for me just to ignore the alerts from here on. She told me not to make this a big deal. Their system is not synchronized. Why would a customer enrolled in autopay get an alert of past due payment? Customer's fault? They need a better IT guy to fix their alert system. Someone can have a heart attack because of this.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I bought a new 2012 Toyota Corolla, I made every single payment. I am a single mom, and I have worked my butt off to make sure I pay my bills on time. I purchased two additional vehicles from the dealership and always make my payments. I was very loyal and committed to using this company. The vehicles by the way are wonderful!! I was on my very last payment of the Corolla, I was so proud of myself, I typed in the amount I owed which was less than the quoted car payment because I always paid more than the minimum. Somehow, either there was a website error or I read the amount wrong, but I paid less than the final amount. No one contacted me until this Monday 11/3/2018 and we agreed it must have been some type of error being I have paid every payment why would I pay $143.00 too little for the $26,000 I had already paid.

I went to pay my Capital One credit card today and saw an alert. Lo and behold, instead of taking my final payment, they reported me with a derogatory remark to the credit bureau!! Saying my loan was delinquent. I was shook. I work so hard to keep my credit the best I can and to have a company that I have loyally used and paid do this to me is just disgusting. I called them and requested they remove this remark. Due to a data error and I have been a good paying customer. The woman that I spoke to TOSHA was horrible to me and talked to me like I was a piece of crap. FOR $143 after paying $26 THOUSAND, she could have cared less and offered no help for me to take care of this.

I am insulted to the point I would like to let everyone know that NO ONE deserves to be treated or talked to so badly, and the credit report has so much power over your life, and for a company to be able to report you so easily without even giving you the opportunity to figure it out and fix the situation should be criminal. It is taking advantage of that very power. If I was 2 months late or even 6 months, I could see making a hit on your lifeline of a credit score. But $143.00 a few weeks late, after 6 years of on time payments?

A good company, good people would have contacted me to find out if something went wrong before pressing the NUKE button on my next 7 years. I am disgusted and will be transferring my other two loans to a different bank, I will never purchase anything related to Toyota Financial. I have nothing but unkind remarks for their integrity and character. And the girl TOSHA that degraded me in every possible way, hope to god you never need assistance from anyone. You don't deserve it.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I leased a RAV4 from Toyota. It was my 3rd Toyota lease, the first 2 were Tacomas. I was always told if I continued to purchase/lease Toyotas I wouldn’t have to worry when the lease ends. So when I turned in the RAV4 I got another Toyota. About 9 months later I received a bill for excessive damages to the vehicle that totaled over $2000. The vehicle I turned in was well under mileage and in exceptional condition. They sent pictures of the damages but you literally couldn’t see it. I’m never gonna pay it. Don’t care what it does to my credit because I have no interest in financing anything ever again.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I've had a 2009 Corolla and now a 2018 RAV4. I've been dealing with TFS for over 2 years now and their payment methods are horrible and not transparent. They've sent payment confirmations on payment that weren't made and had my account fall behind and affect my credit score, which made it difficult to get the RAV4. Now I'm at making my first payment and I had to make it twice because they didn't authorize the first two and there is just no explanation. The rep herself even suggested to use my own banking site. The app always locks me out of my account and I can never get back to my account overview if using my mobile device or desktop computers. I have no idea who is programming their site, but I can say after 2 years and these technical issues affecting my credit report I wouldn't suggest this company for making payments on your vehicle.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I bought a Toyota in 2017 due to hail damage on my previous vehicle and the dealer suggested I go with Toyota Financial Services because they had the best rate at the time. Big mistake! I had Security Services on previous Toyota and they were great lenders. If I am one day late on my payment they start sending me text messages etc about my account even though we are supposed to have a 10 day grace period. I am going to see if I can find another lender to take over my loan and will never suggest this company to anyone!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I bought commercial vehicle ** in 2016 and took the loan from TFSIN rs 4,40,000 for 48 EMIs 12170/. I paid 11 EMIs and till December 2017 I didn't pay any for last 4 EMI and surrender my vehicle to Chanchal **. He promised me that when you will able to pay 12170*4 then you can take your vehicle. After 3 months I arranged 12170*4 but that time Chanchal ** ask me for 12170*7+27000 for leave my vehicle. I paid all amount 1,11,000 to Chanchal ** and took my vehicle. He parked my vehicle in a bad manner because the vehicle was not in working condition when I took from there. I complained about the same to Chanchal as well as Toyota roadside assistance.

In the June 18 month, my vehicle has been theft. Chanchal ** misguided me to future payment. He promises me that no one will ask for the last four-month payment. Not I lost my vehicle. And want NOC from Toyota Financial. But they ask me for full payment. Mentally the harassment me and pressurize me for full payment. This is a very bad company for finance. I will not recommend to anyone for vehicle loan from Toyota Financial. They misguide us so they are very bad persons who working in TFSIN.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

When I leased my RAV4 in 2016 I was expecting that all the maintenance would be included in the lease, it’s not!!! I put over $2000.00 down plus a car, I was under the understanding that all I had to do is keep my agreements and at the end of my lease just turn the car in and all is good. I’m in my last year of my lease and just found out that I have to pay for the last two maintenance and they’re not cheap, one is $180.00 this month and the other is just before the lease ends and that’s a whopping $300.00 and change. Then they tell me I have to pay another $350.00 to restock the thing back on their lot... so at the end of my lease I have to come up with almost $700.00 and on top of that I have to make a down payment on another vehicle???

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I been a customer since 2015. Owns Toyota Sienna and Toyota Highlander and I never missed any payments since then. I am sending this complaint because I am really frustrated with your Titling department. I been requesting a title transfer since beginning of October. I explained to the associate Evony (id - **) DMV is asking me to bring a certified copy of the title, and letter of permission from the lien holder and the next week when I called another associate Bree (id - **) told me they can't send a title since I requested the title.

I again explained DMV not asking for the original. It is a certified copy and one week later I got the mail saying they are unable to process the request and yesterday when I called I asked for the Manager in the title dept Jerone **. He said ask the DMV what they want. I went to DMV (NY). Waited until the evening. They give a paper saying what they need to transfer the title, then after a long conversation with different people yesterday I faxed my request to the titling dept. I called again to make sure they received. Spoke to 2 diff associates from diff states and they said call in the morning. When I called them in the morning again I have to tell the whole story and I can't talk to the manager since they are not there until 9 am. This is ridiculous. Very frustrated unhappy customer. I do expect a quicker response. I felt like there is nobody to resolve this. I wouldn't recommend Toyota Financial Services to anyone. NO customer service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

I was late on my payment last May and since then I been having calls from collector. Now my credit is getting worse. I been paying before the due date and still calling me and harassing me. Toyota has done nothing to stop and now I am going to file a complaint to the BBB. If you planning to buy a Toyota don't let this people finance it. Go somewhere else.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My husband and I leased a 2015 RAV4 and were told any mileage under the 36,000 we would receive credit for as an "asset" in the vehicle. I am 3,500 miles under and now they won't honor it. Then we were told (in 2015) that we had maintenance for the "life of our lease". So, imagine my surprise the last time I brought it for routine service and it cost almost $180.00.

Then, I was STILL willing to give them another shot. I was going to lease a 2018 and my mother was going to pay CASH to purchase my 2015 lease. The dealership quotes me approximately $313/mo. That was until they kept changing the price of my lease buyout for my mother and she pulled out of the deal. Then the payment became $540/mo. That's right, a price difference of $233/mo. Not impressed Toyota. The dealership told me it was "Toyota Financial" that decided that and to call them. So I did, only to have Toyota Financial tell me they "Only discuss new deals with dealerships, not individuals." WTF Grappone?? Too many lies.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

TFS does NOT care about you, your situation, or any factors that loyal customers have which most companies would gladly extend a helping hand. After a bad storm and a mortgage company dragging knuckles on issuing disbursements/inspections to get repairs complete, I've been having to pay out of pocket to protect my home from further damages until my next disbursement is released. I asked for a two-month extension based on just barely having enough to cover all bills while getting my house repaired. I have had this loan for 2 years, never missed a payment, or never late and I was denied my request. Then the rep wants to say that I can be late as long as I pay the amount before my next due date but there might be charges!

Why the heck would I want to get ADDITIONAL charges on my account if I am just making it? As some reviewers stated, they would probably instantly repo my car if I was a day late. So I am finding a new lender to get me away from TFS. They don't care that bad things happen, and luckily we were out of town when the storm hit us else the Toyota might have been damaged to a total loss. STAY AWAY. If you go to buy a Toyota from a dealership request a private lender, if they come back with Toyota Financial Services GET THE HECK UP AND WALK OUT FAST!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I moved one month before paying off my car loan from TFS. I received a document saying that I need to call them directly for my title due to the recent move. I called and was told to request a duplicate title from the previous state DMV through my new DMV. Submit paperwork and receive notice a few months later through new state's DMV that it can't be processed without the original title being requested and processed by the lienholder. Call old DMV and was told that TFS needs to request the original title first before I can ask for a duplicate. Call TFS ask them to request title and they say ok, and I get a repeat notice that I paid off my lien in the mail, which I explicitly said is not what I needed. And still no title. Try all over again by go through DMV of both states. I cannot request a duplicate title without the original title number, but TFS can fill out the form and request it for me.

Call TFS again. Get the runaround and then was told they see it was never requested but they'll take care of it and send me the title. It's a year later, and I've since moved to a new address within same city. Try again. Same information provided: someone messed up but I'll take care of it. Verify with old state DMV still no title ever requested by TFS. I still have one free copy available to print, as long as TFS requests it. Call TFS back, and they promise to request it and get the right information later. 2 months later, same notice of lien paid in full provided. Try one more time, call and get that someone will fax me the information, not mail it. Hang up to verify the fax number, and call back TFS. But this time the person says original title was mailed out in Sept 2015 and it's not their problem if the mail lost it.

Excuse me, how did the title information change somehow in your system in months since I've been trying to fix this issue, and how did that information amazingly get updated in the 10 minutes it took for me to call back. It's now 3 years, and I'm still waiting for title information of any sort, so that I can request a duplicate title of the original DMV to transfer to the state I've been living since before I paid off the loan. Let's just say that before I just thought they were incompetent. Now I think they are blatant liars who reverse date and falsify information. Buyer beware if they go into an agreement with TFS and expect prompt and trustworthy service once you have paid in full.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Horrible experience, with Toyota Financial Services. The European lady that answered the phone, sounded like she was having another conversation with another person, because she was giggling or drunk when she picked up the phone. And I had to repeat myself over and over what she was asking. She got done verifying me. I asked for my account number, since they never sent me a statement and she wanted me to provide my bank account number or sent my payment Western Union. I told her I wanted to make my payment online. She asked additional questions such as my job where did I work at, after verifying and asking me at least 4 questions already. She asked for the dealer where I got the vehicle and finance which I provided and she just kept going.

I requested her manager, sure enough it was not rocket science to get my account number. No, I did not get an apology for their poor customer service. 1 not sending me at least my first statement, or sending it late. It is my due date for my payment and I'm still waiting for the statement. And without an account number can't make a payment. And yes, the dealer where I got the vehicle at did not help at all. They said call Toyota Financial Services. I regret my Toyota purchase. Should have purchase a Chevy, or Ford. Really!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Toyota has to have some of the most untrained employees I have ever had to encounter. I called for a simple refund. That call turned into 6 more phone calls, where they tried to keep my money without my knowledge, chose not to honor the payment arrangement they encouraged me to set up with their representative. The to send the very refund via paper, and sent it somewhere else. Every time I called I received new information, received different information. I would have figured that refunding someone was company policy 101, should have learned policy, rules in their first few weeks of training as well as phone presence.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I will be contacting every resource or reporting agency I find in relations to TFS. I followed step by step instructions to Payoff my loan/lien on my 2015 Tacoma. I specifically opted to pay off my loan through their online instructed option that would require them by law to release my lien to the VA DMV within 1-2 business days and restrict them from "holding" it for the "standard 10 days"... This option would "expedite" the title/lien release. To do so the payoff amount had to mailed "overnight" via CERTIFIED CASHIERS CHECK to their Chicago, Illinois address vs the "Carol stream" address. I did exactly as so. I included the authorization form to release the title/lien release authorization form I printed from their website. I paid $40+ to utilize overnight shipping services. They received and cashed my cashier's check as confirmed via bank and TFS via my initial inquiry.

I was told that I would receive an email "receipt" or "letter" stating my loan was paid in full and the lien was released. They told me to wait 2-3 days for email to arrive "because it is encrypted". Ok no problem. They IMMEDIATELY closed my account. HOWEVER... I have now 2 weeks later have not received an email... a letter in the mail...a receipt...my title...nothing. The DMV has NO record of lien release or payoff. I have called throughout this 2 weeks period 11 times. Each time speaking with someone different and receiving different and contradicting answers or "resolutions" to my questions and concerns. I have been told by 3 different "supervisors" that due to my "frustrations" and "lack of satisfaction" that my account would be "expedited" and marked for "emergency release". Still nothing.

I even hung up the call today after that resolution was offered to me and called back immediately and spoke to someone else who said my check was not yet even sent for processing. That they would do it now and "contact me on Monday" that I would receive an email upon end of call indicating that it was indeed in the "processing" phase now. No email 5 hours later. I will now have to wait 2-3 days to even contact another worthless representative as its now Friday evening. I took pictures and screenshots and downloaded all info and instructions TFS provided from the beginning of my nightmare of this payoff process.

I will find a reputable and legitimate resource via my long trusted and maintained family lawyer. I will never finance with TFS again. I will advise AGAINST TFS to everyone I know in the business of researching a vehicle loan or lease option. They will continue to receive my bidaily or sometimes tridaily phone calls and inquiry on my account until I receive documents I am entitled to by law to have received already. I WILL follow up on this FIRST review.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I paid off my account in advance. I was told by customer care if I paid in money order they will send my title early. That didn't happen. I set up FedEx account and provided them with the account to speed up send my Title through Overnight express. One week after they come back and tell me that they goofed up and send it though general USPS. I spend several days and effort talking to customer but it's all wasted effort. After they get their money they don't care about customer.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Literally the worst customer service ever. They kept telling me a rep from technical services was going to call so I could PAY MY BILL! And of course no one did. I wish I could just stop paying since they make it so difficult.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

They charge every dime at the end of the lease. I arrange to pay, I paid my first payment. Never received the second statement and I find out they sent it to a collection and damaged my excellent credit history... The customer service staff are rude and close-minded, even I spoke to the manager. I never going to a deal with them and don't recommend to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Horrible!!! No notes taken on any of my 20+ calls. Made a payment after a total loss at the request of their department in order to make sure we had no issues with GAP. Assured that we were to be refunded that payment. 2 months later I get a different answer from every rep talked to!!! Never using Toyota Financial EVER again!!! Stay away. Needless to say 3 months later I'm still out of a payment made after the total loss.

Original review: July 14, 2018

We purchased our 2014 Camry Hybrid at the end of our lease in 2016. At the end of 2017 we needed to sell it and placed ads on various sites to sell the car. The buyer that chose to buy the car was from another state and claimed to be a dealer. He said that he would pay our loan off in full through TFS and any overage of such payment would then come from TSF to us. This was at the end of January 2018. TFS does not do Wire Transfers and instructed us to have the buyer send them a certified check DIRECTLY. Which he did. TFS told us via several phone calls that the check received directly from the buyer was received and processed. They said that it was OK to turn the car over to the buyer. We waited at least a week (due to weather conditions) to allow the buyer to pick up the car from our home address.

The day he was to pick up the car February 12th, I once again called TFS and asked them about the processing of the title etc. I was assured again that day that all was fine, our account was closed (and it was closed on the TFS website as well). TFS said that they were mailing the title directly to the new owner and we had nothing more to do for the account, that it was closed and paid in full. They said it was OK to leave the tags on the car and allow the buyer to take it. The buyer sent a representative to our home and drove off with the car that night.

The morning of February 14th 2018 we received a call from TFS. They told us that the check THEY RECEIVED AND PROCESSED WEEKS BEFORE, was not good and that we needed to contact the buyer and have him send a new check. We asked about having him WIRE money, again NO they don’t accept WIRES. After several calls to the buyer we realize the car has been STOLEN. We made calls to the sheriff and to TFS, talked with their Fraud department, made all of the proper reports that we could. Their fraud department finally told us that the check they received was fake and therefore they (TFS) have process problems. – How is this OUR FAULT?

On February 15th we RECEIVED A CHECK FROM TOYOTA FOR THE OVERPAYMENT, A COPY OF OUR INSTALLMENT CONTRACT MARKED “PAID IN FULL” and then another letter stating to cancel all of our insurances and our account was closed… then a small disclaimer sentence, “pending final accounting cleared”. All of that paperwork was dated February 13th.

TFS agreed to suspend a payment while we reported to our Insurance company the theft. A week later the insurance company denied our claim saying that it was fraud of a sale agreement and therefore we were not covered. – Thanks Allstate, You are fired too! Toyota then immediately re-opened our closed account, started harassing us for payment, reported to the credit bureaus etc and basically told us we were ** out of Luck.

Beginning of April we receive a call from a detective in another state that our car had been recovered and that we need to pay to get it out of impound. We contacted a local Atty and were told to go get the car and that TFS could not re-open a closed account. Days off from work and hundreds of dollars later to travel multiple states and get the car we had it back. To top it off, the car was recovered from an old man that paid 8K for our car before discovering it was stolen. (We want to help him too, as his insurance won’t cover him either.) We sent letters to Toyota explaining our side and that we needed a resolution. The only resolution was to pay off all that was in arrears and basically kiss their butt.

Our attorney said not to pay anything as that would be admitting to the debt owed, so we have not paid Toyota and they have not responded in any way to help us. Just pay up. As of May we were 2 months behind (they did grant us 1 month of non payment in the beginning). They sent a letter for demand, but had not said anything about repossession, and as far as TFS knew we had not recovered the car.

June 14th a repossession truck was in my driveway to take the car. No warning, nothing. I just happened to be taking the car somewhere as he arrived and I left. This REPO man then chased me for 45 minutes up and down country roads while I tried to get in touch with my attorney. He could have caused me to have an accident. Our attorney directed me to put the car away under lock and key (once the guy stopped chasing me) and we did.

We have a gate at the end of our driveway which we close as we have horses that are out on the property to graze at night. This Repo man opened our gate between midnight and 1 am to come on the property and get the car. He did not find it and upon leaving he left my gate open leaving our horses at risk. We are seeking new legal counsel at this point since our current atty is not confident that we can sue TFS since we had a letter written (after the fact of being told several times by TFS to release the car) with the one sentence that said what it did about final accounting. Not to mention TFS sent us a check as well for the overage of payment, which as good people we never cashed. Anyone out there want to team up for a class action lawsuit?

Original review: June 4, 2018

To write my experience in short, do not sign Toyota Finance Contract. Don't regret, have a peaceful life. Hidden charges, you'll be locked, can't even pay in advance, if you want to pay your loan earlier, you have to pay termination fee +... +... +... It's like a rope in your neck.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Worse place I have ever dealt with. Almost purposeful in their inept customer service and website management? Said I could change my payment date so I put it back 6 days to match my monthly check. I start getting late notices after the old date comes around so I make a payment. Still says I did not pay the next few days. Customer Service says the payment needs to be processed? They have all of my bank info and I have the truck in my driveway. This is 2018 I don't get it? I could of purchased a TV at Amazon from a stranger and received instant credit there and had the TV shipped before TFS would give me credit for a bank transfer payment.

I asked what if the payment did not go through now since it says it was not paid. How would I know and crickets. I cancelled the first payment and made another payment since I was not getting credit for the first one. So one payment cancelled and another payment made, guess what I have 2 payments taken out now after getting a cancellation verification notice on one of them days before. After a week of messing with this disaster of a site I still have no clue when or what amount they will take out the next time. I signed up for auto payments and would not be surprised if I start getting notices again like before. Most confusing website I have ever been on. Hands down. No clue where I stand today. After a week of (you cannot get there from here!) My blood pressure must be through the roof not surprised if I tip over dealing with this debacle. The scary thing is these inept people have control for your credit score that is unnerving to say the least.

Updated on 05/30/2018: Month 2 of dealing with them. I looked at my next payment due date a month ago. It said mid-July was the next payment date (they took out 2 payment last month) so boom. They take out another payment in mid June? LOL. Just no sense in calling about it. Nothing will get straightened out and more than like it will be as confusing as before and still messed up. Most useless business I have ever dealt with scary bad.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I purchased a new, 2014 Corolla on 12/13/13. Price of the car, with taxes, fees, etc. came to $18,916.35. I put $4000 down bringing the total to $14,916.35, however, stupid me took out the "extended warranty" for an additional $1,563.13. The contract says BALANCE DUE ON DELIVERY: $16,479.48. This total, as explained to me by Priority Toyota's financial person, is supposed to be the TOTAL amount of my $288.36 monthly payments for the five years I had to pay. Today, I have paid 53 payments or $15,283. 08 which leaves the balance of $1,196.40. I want to pay off the car.

It took 10 CALLS to my dealer (unanswered when they promised to have someone call me to discuss) and several calls to TFS to even GET a person to speak to me. Today, they're telling me the payoff amount is $2,290.72. WHY? I asked the finance person "So, if I go online, in my bank account, and pay the next 7 payments I owe, it will be paid off?" She replied "Yes". I explained that the total of my last 7 payments is only $1,196.40. So why are they charging me $2.290.72? She said, "well, you're actually paying 61 months of payments because you drove the car for half a month before your first payment was due (on January 3rd 2014) so the total is, actually, $17, 589.96." WTH? First off, they advertised a "FREE" month when I bought the car AND, my contract CLEARLY STATES: BALANCE DUE AT DELIVERY: $16,479.48. WTH???

I am VERY disappointed with Toyota . I have never missed a payment, yet, the guy I spoke to at Toyota Financial Services last night informed me that he sees a "missing" payment from WAY BACK in October of 2016. I told him that wasn't possible because my bank automatically takes it out of my account every month and, if I HAD missed a payment, Toyota would have, certainly, notified me of it. Both he, and the woman at my dealership, told me there were NO flags for missed payments in my account history. I'm not sure what is going on but this is ridiculous. I am VERY unhappy. IRONICALLY, when you call TFS, the message says "Some of our departments may be closed as part of our ongoing commitment to quality" WTF??? Yep, call them, it actually says that!

Updated on 06/05/2018: Today, TFS faxes me a copy of a "contract" I, supposedly, signed (which I have never seen and did not possess-- honestly) which states: Apr 1.90%. Finance charge (the dollar amount the credit will cost you) $822.12. Amount financed: $16,479.48 total of payments (the amount you will have paid after you have made all payments as scheduled) $17,301.60. Total sale price (total cost of y our purchase on credit, including down payment of $4000): $21,301.00. First of all 1.9% of $16,479.00 is $313.11-- not $822.12. Second, if the total price I pay is $17,301.60, how the hell can the total purchase price be $21,301.00??? Because the ** added my down payment instead of subtracting it and, now, they're making me pay it again!!! My signed contract says: balance due upon delivery: $16,479.48 (after I paid my 4k down) and that is all they're getting from me! I'm suing them!

Original review: May 22, 2018

Whenever I contact them regarding a late payment or anything regarding the account, they say they'll "note the account" and then the next day someone else calls the secondary on the account rather than the primary and yells at them and threatens their credit, etc. When I call to talk to them about this they constantly interrupt and belittle me in their manner of speech, as well as continuously ignore what I'm saying. They are the WORST company I have ever worked with and I'm currently looking for the best way to get out as I have a lease. I do not recommend anyone going with them ever.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Returned my 2nd of 3 leases from TFS and was charged for bogus additional charges for the 2nd time. The 1st time the dealer took care of it and said that happens all the time which I thought was strange. This time they are charging me for damage that they say was done to the vehicle to the tune of $750.00. The vehicle I turned in was completely fine and I was actually thinking of purchasing it. The dealer looked it over and said nothing. The vehicle was inspected by TFS 2 days after I dropped it off so if something was done to it or if someone else drove it and damaged it, I really don't think I should be responsible for this damage or have to prove it wasn't me that did it.

They gave me a website to review pictures of the damage that didn't work and got a message to contact TFS. So, I really don't even know if it is my car that the pictures are of. This may not be a lot of money to some but it is to me for something I didn't even do. If they do this to everyone that leases and it is not questioned, because it is under the cost of what it would be to retain an attorney, they win and we pay. I love the dealer I deal with and Toyota is a great product but I will NEVER lease another Toyota. I am 64 and have never been in collections for any reason but this experience might put me there because I am standing on principle. Horrible.

Original review: May 8, 2018

I returned a leased vehicle back to Toyota on 03/13/17. I received a bill charging me for the disposition fee, sales tax and property tax (this was prorated for the entire year). I paid the full amount for the disposition fee as well as the sales tax, but I called & asked on how to move forward with the property tax as I returned the car mid-March and was being charged through December. I was advised to fax over proof of the cancelled plates and that this would go through the abatement process. I did exactly that, and verified with TFS that they received all the necessary paperwork, and was told they had.

Throughout the next couple of months, I kept receiving a bill showing me the exact same amount, and I continued to follow up with TFS on the abatement process. In August/Sept when I made my monthly call to Toyota regarding my bill, I was advised that I did not own any balance, and was actually due a credit from a while back. I was informed that they would look into why the credit had not been issued.

About a week or two later, I received a letter in the mail from a collection agency (Central Credit Services LLC) stating that account was now placed with them. As you can imagine, I was not pleased as I had been told only a week or two earlier that I was due a credit, and was now being contacted by a collection agency. I contacted Toyota as to why this was done, and was told that 1.) Could not see the credit that the previous person informed me of 2.) This was sent to the collection agency in error as it was considering an "open/pending" case. I got an apology, but was told there was basically nothing they could do now that it was with the collection agency.

I then contacted the collection agency and explained the entire situation, and they told me they would continue to follow up with Toyota regarding the abatement process, and would notify me once they had received the adjusted amount. I continued to get the same bill every month, and continued to follow up with both the collection agency and Toyota, but seemed to get transferred back and forth between the two, and no one was able to provide me with any type of update.

This past week, I received a letter in the mail stating TFS forwarded my account to a SECOND collection agency. Again, I called Toyota (was not able get through - they have an absurdly long wait time), and also called this new collection agency and AGAIN, explained the entire situation. The individual I spoke to suggested that I follow up with the town, which I had been told by Toyota and the previous agency not to bother with. This was perhaps the biggest error on my part. I was advised by the town that they had received my paperwork for the abatement process on 5/19/17 and they issued a refund to Toyota on 6/27/17.

It has now been OVER a year since I returned this leased vehicle, and we are closely approaching 1 year to when the refund was issued. I have made numerous calls to both TFS and the collection agencies. I'm not sure how I've spoken to as many people as I have, and no one has been able to give me an answer. It appears that Toyota actually owes me a credit based on the refund amount. This is completely unacceptable as to why it has taken this long (and is still not resolved).

Original review: May 3, 2018

I leased a Toyota and turned in the vehicle about 9 mo ago. I received a letter from a debt collector in the mail earlier this week stating that I owed TFS an additional $412. I already paid the $700+ they made me pay upon turning the vehicle in, and I have no idea where this $412 amount came from. I never once received a letter from TFS stating that I owed them additional money, so you can imagine my complete shock upon receiving a letter from a (sketchy) debt collector. I called TFS (after multiple phone calls and many long, long wait times), but they said that my account has been closed and is being handled by their "business partner" and they are unable to answer even a question as simple as why do I owe them additional money and if they even sent me additional notices stating that I owed them the money, because I did not receive any.

I even spoke with a "supervisor" at TFS, but she just gave me the same runaround and said that I could speak with their debt collector business partner about this. When I finally got a hold of the debt collector company, who also appears to never be available to talk to except during very restricted hours, they said that they saw the $700+ check that I wrote to TFS and didn't understand where the $412 came from either, and they sent an inquiry to Toyota before going after me for the money.

So if the debt collector doesn't know why I owe the money, and TFS won't answer any of my questions, how am I supposed to understand exactly what I am paying for? So far this has been a huge headache and I will NEVER do business with Toyota Financial Services again. They clean their hands of the issue once they turn it over to a debt collector, and I'm currently unable to get answers from ANYONE. TFS should be ashamed at how they run their so-called "business."

Original review: April 29, 2018

BEWARE: EITHER TERRIBLE TFS ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS OR THEY HAVE BEEN HACKED. TFS automatically deducts my car lease payments from my checking account. (I never pay them directly online because their website is the worst financial website I've ever tried to use--and I use many.) Every week during the month of April 2018 I received calls from TFS telling me I owed TFS money. First it was ~$40. The next call, it was ~$90. Next they told me I hadn't paid my March 2018 lease payment. Each time they called, I was on cell in the car with no access to my accounts.

Like an idiot, I actually believed them, went home, and sent money from my checking account BillPay. Now, doing month-end accounting, I see TFS DID automatically withdraw the March payment they told me I missed. So...either their system is completely screwed up (most likely) or they've been hacked. Either way, I ended up paying them an extra $927 this month. Fortunately, I did not pay via the calls (in case it was a hack.). Either way, unbelievable for a company this size and of this reputation. We've had three Toyotas, but I'm done. Once this one is over, we're out of this bizarre financial set-up. DO NOT USE TFS.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Toyota Financial falsely reported me as being late on a payment. This caused my credit score to drop 100 points. When I sent them proof that my payment was not late they still refused to take off the late marker on my credit report. Toyota Financial has horrible customer service and lacks integrity.

Original review: April 20, 2018

This company has been an absolute nightmare! When my lease matured and I decided to purchase my vehicle from Toyota I mistakenly made a last payment that wasn't necessary. They screwed up my account six different ways! For instance, they sent me two refund payments and then claimed that I was overdrawn and that I owed them money even though I told them I would not cash the check that had been sent in addition to a digital refund! Every time I talk to someone they are very pleasant and say that the issue had been resolved until a few days later when I get yet another call with yet another bogus issue! I'm not surprised they have such an extremely low rating! They are god-awful! If I can, I will figure out a way to pay off this loan with another company, because these people are horrible! Amazing that they're still in business. Literally the worst experience I've ever had with ANY company, and I'm 60!

Toyota Financial Services Company Information