Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched
  2. Finance
  3. Car Loans

Toyota Financial Services

Toyota Financial Services
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.28/5

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own. Want to know more about ConsumerAffairs accredited brands? Check out ConsumerAffairs for Brands. Read reviews for their models:

View More View More

Want to lower your monthly Car payment?

Find out if you qualify for lower rates!

Get Matched

Want to lower your monthly car payment?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Toyota Financial Services Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

I don't know where I would be without this company. They have helped me with my payment throughout my medical problems and unable to work. No other company has ever cared as much as Toyota Financial Services. You are never judged at any point during a conversation. They make you feel like no matter the situation you are in they are there to help you every step of the way. I appreciate Toyota for everything. I will give 5 stars today, tomorrow, and always.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Toyota offered 0% interest with great credit. This was a huge deal to me so that I could save every penny I earn. They are easy to work with. Made my account available online, so that I could see all my transactions, estimate my payoff balance, and easily make payments. At the end of the loan, I had questions about how/when I would receive my title. They answered right away and explained to me the next steps. I would love to work with them again.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Company works with a rewards loyal customers. I compared other lenders including local credit unions; to that end Toyota was extremely competitive. At the the time the best option for me was extended loan payment. This may not be the best option in the long term but I needed the lower monthly payment according to my budget. My only criticism would be with the push of unneeded, unnecessary warranties on top of standard coverage. For instance “Bumper to Bumper” is a real ripoff- because it never applies to anything the consumer needs.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I've purchased several Toyota vehicles over the years & always used Toyota Financial Services. I possess a credit rating generally over 800 & my loans with TFS are approved immediately. One can source all the info they want on the TFS website. You can track your payments on each car you have financed. There are no pre-payment penalties as I always pay off early. Works well for me.

Original review: July 10, 2019

We decided to move out of state and retire a few months after we financed with them, I called them and gave them all the information about our move. They changed our info right away our address, even our insurance company changed. We just continue to pay our payments on our app each month. We decided when we get another car we will go with them. Believe me we had some nightmare banks before who said we didn’t have car insurance so they added it on! We have never in 47 years of marriage not had auto insurance!! Anyway they have good customer service reps who do their jobs well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Called Toyota Financial for payoff support and was received with a very rude customer service representative named Alex. I'm not sure why he was so abruptly rude as soon as the call started. Was on hold for 30 minutes before I actually spoke to him. After being rude, I requested to speak with a supervisor and he put me on hold. He came back to tell me that they were with other customers. I requested for a call back and to continue to be on hold for the supervisor. After 5-10 minutes he disconnected the call. I called back and was put on hold for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, to what sounded like a pick up call from a representative. I was once again hung up on.

I'm not sure what's going on and why I was being treated as if I am incompetent. I just wanted clarification that my payoff will be good and the daily interests will not hold me back since on the website it did not post. The payment was taken out of my bank account already. I really hope they revisit the recording to today's call and re-train their employees on how to be better at assisting customers. I also hope they address this individual on his behavior as well. I wanted to end with Toyota financial on a good note and to hopefully continue doing business with them in the future. But with today's Customer service call with Toyota financial we've ended on a bad experience. Lesson learned. If they treat customers like this, why would I want or anyone want to continue to do business with them.

This representative, Alex is a bad reflection on Toyota. I'm so disappointed. Called again and spoke with another representative name Lina. She was great and informative. She gave me a peace of mind. I just did not want to allow one bad seed to deter me from getting clarification. I'm glad I didn't allow him to do that to me. I ended up getting an awesome representative who assured me of my concerns.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

Turned in my lease a week before it was up. Decided to not get another Toyota at the time because of the cost. Well, two months later I get a negative credit report saying I am almost 60 days past due on my bill. I called Toyota and was told sorry they never closed out my account when I turned in my lease. They did contact the credit bureaus and fix the error. Then several months later I get a bill from them telling me I owe them reimbursement taxes on fees they paid to Virginia during the time in which they accidentally left my account active.

So I call them and they say "ma'am yes this is our error and we truly apologize but YOU have to contact the commissioner's office to let them know when you turned in the vehicle so that we can be reimbursed". OMG What a mess this has been. So I "the customer whose acct you never closed out properly" have to go around making calls so that Toyota can be reimbursed for a tax bill they paid while the car was in their possession??

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I've been using Toyota Financial for years and I will no longer use them or Toyota ever again. They cost me 80 points on my credit due to an error with the dealership and my billing address. Mind you I set my vehicles up through Toyota Financial Autopay. I've done this with my past 4 leases with them. Apparently they don't care about their customers as no letters or phone calls were sent informing me of late payment. Garbage. I'd highly recommend looking elsewhere for financing.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Their system had a glitch or something, charged me twice, one day and then on the next day again, I called and they said "we still don't see it in our system so we can't stop this payment". Then a support specialist just closed my written case with no explanation of why the charge occurred, just said "we helped you over the phone, this case is closed". But they didn't help or resolve anything, wtf. Totally ignorant staff at their support center... I'm still talking to them to find out the reason of this glitch.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Toyota Financial Services made it very easy for me to lease a Toyota. And all went well with a few bumps until the end of my lease. Then, for some unknown reason, the website refused to accept my payments for the final few months. This required a call to TFS and a very frustrating, really very very frustrating phone tree. It takes forever to get through to a real person. Finally, there is a real person. Many apologies; problem solved. Until the next month when the payment is rejected and the whole process is repeated. And again the next month. Finally, I called to see about buying the car. I only wanted information since I had not yet lined up the financing and I certainly WASN'T going through them again. They immediately sent out the paperwork which was nearly expired by the time I got it.

I did the phone tree again. They sent out more paperwork. I paid off the car and waited for the title. It never came. Phone tree again. Oops, the title is lost in the mail. They will send a release of lien and I can pay for a duplicate title. The release came and I went to the DMV. Paperwork rejected because TFS "forgot" to have it notarized. More phone tree. TFS is so so so sorry. They will send out more paperwork and also give a gift visa card for $100. That made me feel better. The new paperwork came and time will tell if the DMV accepts it. The visa gift cards came but without any pin number, so it cannot be used. People, this has been going on for 2 1/2 months. This is their business. How can they not have a clue on how to do things???? AVOID THIS COMPANY.

Not sure about Toyota Financial Services?

Find out if you qualify for Auto Loan refinancing, today!

Toyota Financial Services Company Information