1.05/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Find a recommended auto loan provider now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Toyota Financial Services

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 2, 2017

288 Toyota Financial Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

This is outright robbery. Toyota Financial Services intentionally continues to take out auto payments when the lease is over. I refinanced the vehicle through TFS two weeks ago and they still took out a payment that wasn't even due!!! Where is the CFPB when you need them? Stay away from this shoddy company!!! I will be contacting the CFPB next. You should too!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I paid off my loan in mid Aug 2017 and expected to receive Lien release. When contacted reps at Toyota Financial services they told it will take 15-30 days. After waiting till mid Sep 2017, for about a month, then I called to learnt that the Lien release and Title records have been sent to my address on Sep 1st and that they weren't sure on why I did receive it. Upon further grilling and several phone calls and at least 1 hr of wait times each time to get to talk a rep, they found out that they sent my valuable personal info to some unknown person. How did that happen? They have no clue. What documents were sent out, they had no clue.

So they said okay fine, we will dispatch another Lien release and Title records info on Mon, Sep 25th, 2017 and asked me to wait another 10 days. They were not ready to provide any tracking number whatsoever. After calling them at least 5 times on Mon, Sep 25th, they agreed to do an overnight. When I called 2 days after on Wed, Sep 27th, again they had no clue of who they sent it to, was unable to provide a tracking number and saying it was returned. They had no clue of why it was returned, not ready to reveal tracking number because all of their errors and mishandlings will show up. Finally they said they will create a new Lien release on Wed, Sep 27th and dispatch it overnight. I seriously hope I will receive my documents at least in this 3rd attempt of theirs. Such horrible people working at TFS, and poor management.

I am not sure how a company as big as Toyota has such a poor financial dept that handles recklessly customer info. No wonder companies such as this fall prey to hackers. How could they send customer personal info to some unknown person, twice not once. I hope they are reporting at least their financial results correctly to SEC. I highly recommend to stay away from them. I had to go thru so much mental agony and suffering to deal with crooks at Toyota Financial Services. Highly dissatisfied. I don't think anyone at Toyota even cares to read these complaints, because if they do, I would not have seen exactly similar reviews and experiences posted here already before mine.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

They towed, somehow, stole my car at the door for just two delayed payments, only by a posted notice, no enough calls to notify us. We were out of the city for a few days during the time they sent me a notice. Even worse, they did not send any email to inform us. Their behavior is terrible. They would make money for auctions... They made a disaster for us... THEY ARE CROOKS!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I leased a Toyota 2014 Prius Plug In & returned it to the dealership early in December 2016. It was in pristine condition. They turned around and sold it immediately. I negotiated a payoff deal at the dealership for 50%. Or so I thought. I put it on a credit card and was given a receipt with nothing written into it but the date. Then in May a collections agency called asking for a huge amount. I explained that I had already paid it off. The guy was rude. They persisted in calling me. I went back to Toyota where I gave the $550 as a payoff I thought. They refunded the money to me after much ado. Then I paid off the negotiated debt for $1700 or this is what I was told I had to pay & used the $550 towards it.

I just got a letter from yet another collections agency saying I still owe $440. I explained to her the situation. She told me to get a release of debt letter & I requested this from the collections agency I had paid it off to. He agreed it was paid off & would send a release of debt letter in an email & snail mail. It never arrived. Round & round we go. I own a Toyota now. I WILL NEVER BUY A TOYOTA AGAIN.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Tried to keep up with the expensive payments as long as we could but then family tragedy happened and kept both of us from working full time. We were barely making ends meet. We had not ever been late on a payment in the year we had had the new 2014 Camry. However, when I called and told them our situation and that we just needed some time to get through this and get back on our feet, they wouldn't even consider working with us. They said we have to find a way to get the money or the car will get repoed. What a joke this place is. Crooks. We took out another small loan and paid the late payment and the current one (over a grand) and tried to keep up with payments from there. Then I got laid off and we were in the same boat.

Still only had that one late payment in over a year and half. They harassed us for payment, I told them the situation and asked if they would just give us a month. Nope, they were so offensive, rude, and disrespectful to me like I was some sewer rat. I told them they should be professional and stop treating me or anyone else that way. And I served my country and deserved respect. They didn't care, she just said, well you MAY have but we still need two payments or the car is repoed. We voluntarily surrendered the car at a dealership, the salesman there looked at us like we were committing a crime. When we walked out of there without that car, such a great free feeling. Burden lifted. No amount of debt is worth so much stress. Toyota is a terrible company, I would never ever buy from them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Spoke to Linda in the Finance Department. I asked about "ToyotaCare" which is a service that Toyota provides free to all customers that purchases a new vehicle. (just wanted to know what was included in the 30,000 mile check up) Instead of finding someone or obtaining the information for me, she got very condescending and rude. I understand everyone has a bad day but because of this experience I will never purchase a vehicle from here and advise you to do the same.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

After deciding to pay off my 60-month auto loan early, I expected to receive the vehicle title. Wrong! TFS sent it to the wrong address (despite having sent 59 separate invoices to the correct address). It took three phone calls to get them to explain the address problem. They then indicated a release of lien letter would be sent and it was up to me to pay the $95 to get a replacement title.

I told them they would be paying for the replacement title. I was quite surprised when a FedEx came with a check and paperwork. Someone was kind enough to hand write a note saying to take this to the DMV and all would be well. Wrong! DMV tells me the paperwork was incorrect and did not have the release of lien. As of now it is almost 60 days since I paid off the loan and I await their next attempt at getting it right. I can definitive say, I will not consider a Toyota when I start my car shopping and will focus on Subaru and Honda.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Veterans come male and female. Veterans come with and without disabilities. Disabilities come with and without physical traits and signs. SETF does not recognize, appreciate, or lawfully abide by the laws and regulations regarding the treatment of those with disabilities. They are not in compliance with the ADA and do not support integration efforts of the VA to assist veterans with disabilities transition into civilian life. After learning of this, I traded in my SETF car to a dealership that did business with another lender. These people are anti-American.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

When making my last lease payment for my disposition charge of $360.50, I called in the payment to Toyota Financial, the person who was taking down my information put in an extra number on my banking account number. Superior Credit Union of Massillon, Ohio called me to inform me of the mistake. They told me to call Toyota back to make the correction which I did. Toyota then deducted two payments of $360.50 on 8/07/2017 and then another on 8/11/2017. When I called Superior Credit Union they said I would have to through Toyota.

When I called Toyota they would put me from one call to another and disconnect me, when I would call back I was on put on hold and then disconnected again. I was on hold for an hour in total and never got an answer from anyone. They have caused a total miss out of my checking account, and they took $360.50 of my money that needs to be refunded. I am very disgusted with how the situation was handled from Toyota end and Superior Credit Union of Massillon Ohio. I had made every payment on time with this account and I am very upset how the last transition and also when I leased this car the salesperson told me if I bought another Toyota I would not have to pay a disposition fee which I did and I was still charged!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Toyota Financial Services is ridiculous!!! I bought my sister in law's car and they are giving her a hard time getting her pink slip title. She's been calling this number 1-800-826-9467. They kept telling her to call back in 3-7 days to find out how much is her balance. She bought the car 1996. All this time she thought she already paid off the car and lost the pink slip. Then when I bought the car from her and tried to transfer it to my name DMV said Toyota is in the lien holder. She tried to call them and ask how much is her balance and kept telling her that they need to investigated.

It's been more than 2 and half months and we're just waiting and waiting of what we supposed to do. But everytime we call them they keep saying to call back in a week. I am trying to pay off this loan for her and find out how much she owe. Last time she said she spoke to a manager they told her she owe $400 something more. Then the next time she calls they said $326 something. We don't know if this is legit but we're getting frustrated.

Today I called them and asked how much is the balance so that I could pay it off. They said it doesn't say in the computer because the account is old. They don't know how much she still owe. It's so disappointing how they treat people after you finance a car from there. I guess because they're done business with you and they don't care. Don't finance from this people. They won't help you at all. They will let you wait forever just to get your pink slip. I told all my family never do a business with this company because they will try the best they can to rip you off if you ignore it.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Account was played off on 7.18.17. Warranty department was supposed to see that it was closed and send me the unused portion back to me directly. But, the dealer put in the wrong mileage warranty dept recused it so cleared it up with both the dealer and warranty dept, so instead of sending me all 3 checks to me, they sent it to the financial dept and now it's going to take more than a month to get my money. I:E DON'T USE TOYOTA FINANCIAL OR THEIR WARRANTY DEPT of Toyota of Hartford CT. I give them an F.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Never ever go through Toyota Financial Services! They are outrageously rude! They are trying to tell us that we are 2 months behind on our truck payment that's 800 + a late fee. Umm no. We paid it. I asked to talk to a manager and the guy refused! I am so beyond mad right now! Then the guy kept telling me that we couldn't use our debit card to pay the truck payment. Umm that's what we have been using, a debit card to pay online for the past year! Not cash. Not over the phone. Not any other way! I'm shaking mad. If that's the case of a debit card not being able to be used we would still owe like 8000$ + on our truck!!! We cannot afford a freaking 1100$ payment! Ughh! Please if you ever get a loan out just don't go through Toyota Financial. They are complete ripoffs!

Original review: July 10, 2017

I am a customer with TFS for 3 years. Forget one payment and I took responsibility and paid it next month. Then I surprised that my credit score went down because they report that payment!!! One payment out of 38 payments!!!

Original review: July 8, 2017

I have booked a innova crysta in RAVINDU Motors PVT.LTD. survey no.31/1, Avalahalli Village Bidarahalli Hobli, Bangalore East Taluk on 29/6/2017 Booking ID NO:** and I have gone to Toyota Finance. Finance consultant Mrs.**. I have provided all documents for approval for loan in TOYOTA FINANCE. All verification done. Loan approved and later on ** and ** asking commission of loan to approve. He is demanding the amount of 10,000 ten thousand. When we reject the amount they cancel the loan process so please take action on them, it's affect customer. Thanking you.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I closed the lease on my 2014 Scion xD and expected a billing statement for my lease disposition fee plus charges for any damage on the vehicle that was more than regular wear and tear. When I received a billing statement 6 weeks later for just my disposition fee and tax: $350 + $30.62 tax, I mailed a check for $380.62 and thought that was the end of it. 2 months later I received another bill for the physical damage on my car. I know that it is the terms and conditions to pay for damage that is "more than normal wear and tear" but how misleading to send a separate bill months later.

The 2nd bill statement showed they received my disposition fee of $350 but didn't show that I also already paid $30.62 in taxes for it. When I called in about it the representative said I needed to hunt down the Toyota Financial Services bank routing and account number that received my payment of $380.62 and to prove to them that I paid more than $350. Hello?! You are Toyota's Financial Services, YOU hunt it down! When I told them that my bank routed it to the same routing that all of my payments have been going to the whole duration of my lease and that there has never been a problem with making or receiving payments in the past, they still insisted that I need to give them THEIR OWN routing and account number where my bank sent the payment. So incompetently useless customer service. How is it possible to send a payment of $380.62 but then TFS only receives $350 of it?

Original review: July 3, 2017

I have not been able to log into my online account for many months. I have wanted to pay off the remaining balance on my 2013 Toyota Corolla. Months ago I called their customer service and informed the Toyota Financial Services of the technical issue. Today I attempted to log in again and once again I was unable to. I had to call them again to let them know that the same issue remains unresolved. I said, "You guys are the Toyota. Please fix it." The guy who received my call had no clue what was causing the problem. He merely promised me that they would contact me in 2 to 4 business days.

I am not a kind who leaves comments on businesses and restaurants, but in this instance I have gone out of my way to leave this review simply because I am appalled by the quality of service from Toyota Financial Services. I will follow up on this post four days from now to report to the readers as to whether Toyota Financial Services will have kept up with its promise to a customer. I brought the problem to Toyota Financial Services' attention. It is about time that they resolve it.

Updated on 7/12/2017: I ended my previous review (posted on July 3) with a promise to my readers to follow up on TFS' promise to call me back within 4 days to resolve the technical issue. I called back TFS today (July 12). 9 calendar days (and 6 business days) have transpired and I never heard from TFS, and the technical issue (that I have not been able to log into my account) has remained unaddressed. I had to call TFS to remind them that the issue remains unresolved. The agent who took my call did walk through a password reset procedure and did help me resolve the issue. I don't know why the first agent on July 3 did not take the same procedure. I reminded the second call agent today that it had taken TFS months to resolve issue. She claims that TFS' record indicates that the issue became resolved in January. My e-mail records state that I did manage to reset the password but never was I able to access the account.

I retorted that I would not have called TFS continuously over the same issue at least since January if the problem had been truly resolved. Besides, 6 business days and 9 calendar days have come and gone and TFS never called me back within 4 days, contrary to what had been promised. I pointed out that shortcoming to the call agent today, and she had an audacity to respond that TFS' response was delayed by mere "few days." Out of exasperations I had to remark that the quality of service I received from TFS was "pathetic." "I can't believe that you guys call yourselves a Toyota," I stated.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I purchased a 2012 Tundra long story short. I was injured at work (Toyota Motor Manufacturing) after being employed for a little more than 10 yrs. I lost the truck because the insurance company wouldn't honored it. I am now permanently disabled and that still wasn't enough for them to honor the policy! Did I need to die for the policy to be honored!!? When I needed to depend on the vehicle to get me back and forth to Dr's appts and surgeries, I wind up losing my truck, ruining my credit and finally realizing that my employer at the time (Toyota motor manufacturer) wasn't going to help, and turn their backs on me! The insurance company wouldn't honored the policy either. Toyota motor manufacturer is not what the general public thinks! They will dispose of an employee like trash.

I reported the machinery malfunctions that day but profits took President over safety!! Now I am permanently disabled and my family has had to endure the hardships as well!!! Does anyone really want to give their money to a company who is nothing more than lip service? Again I was an employee of Toyota motor manufacturer for over 10 yrs. How will they honor your (Joe public) business? Don't find out the hard way!

Original review: June 26, 2017

I turned in a leased Toyota early when purchasing a car from a different manufacturer. First, they harassed me saying they hadn't received payments. To protect my credit, I sent them an extra payment. Then they sent me a letter and check for $1400. However, 2 weeks later I get a letter from my bank that they stopped payment on the check and was charged $12. I called TFS to get an explanation and have been getting the run around since February (it is not end of June). Talking to their customer service is a waste of time. I have no explanation of wear and tear as I turned in the car with very low mileage. To this day I cannot get a decent accounting for this. Stay away from Toyota. They do NOT care about their customers. Not sure why they would call it “customer service” as “service” was something I never got.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Recently, my Toyota Sienna 2014 was crashed behind by another vehicle. In order to get the car value pay off from my insurance company, I need to provide my car title. I paid off my car many years ago, so I called Toyota Financial services to get a car loan lien release and I couldn't' believe what Toyota customer services told me. In order to release this document, Toyota's customer has to wait at least 30 working days to get it. Please, do your calculation. I requested it on May 24 and I was told that I have to wait until July 15. It is awful, incredible, discourage... Can you imagine when you need to go to work, helping your mother to go places or just to do a life chores that dependent on transportation? How a powerful company like Toyota has a poor customer service when a faithful customer like me require something so basic like a document that I deserve. They just lost me as a client...

Original review: May 31, 2017

Saw this comment "Long waits on hold are regular. Inability to cooperate in any manner off script is totally lost." DITTO. Called to make a payment. Took a great deal of time to talk to someone who asked question after question. Attempting to register me online is not why I called. The resolution center a bigger joke when everything is geared to frustrate - they are no customer service organization and they will help only do what they are programmed to do. Can only call the automated system that wants your account # and ID # or you simply can go nowhere; get to a person the first thing they want is your account # and ID # plus more and more and more information. Get to the resolution center your account # and ID # yet again and even more.

When I called back and got through to someone 15 minutes later and asked for the resolution center I refused giving the information again and again and asked right away for resolutions. "Can't do it without your information." All the time the customer service rep is laughing. I replied my next call is to our State Department of Finance for refusing to connect me to the resolution center who surely asked again for the information once given already in that call. They did connect promptly to resolutions when I made that threat which means the so called customer service rep was a flat out liar - go figure! Every financial account I've ever had until now I can talk to a helpful representative with a few minutes. At Toyota Financial Service it is the complete opposite with every call. Take your business elsewhere as I will do!

Original review: May 22, 2017

My monthly payment on a 2011 Toyota Tundra just over $700. When my balance was around $900 I figured the remaining $200 would be my final payment amount. Just after 2nd to last payment I get a notice that my account is past due. So I make a payment for the remaining $200. Account is now closed and I am expecting my title information. After account was closed they took another $700 from my bank account and said it was because of the auto payments I had set up on their site. I was unable to access my account to turn off auto payments after making final payment so I could not have prevented this from happening.

Now they say they want me to prove to them that they took payment in the form of a merchant report from my bank and once I prove it they will mail me a reimbursement check which will take 7-10 days from the date they verify which could be 3-4 days. Major inconvenience when you take my money and hold it for 2 weeks. I made every payment on time for entire loan and this is the thanks I get in return.

Original review: May 16, 2017

When you return a lease, you are quoted outlandish prices to repair any and every dent on the car due to it meeting their mysterious criteria for "excess wear and tear". Do not be fooled by their statements that returning a lease is easy. Sure, it's easy if you don't mind being robbed blind. They blatantly refuse to explain their criteria for "excess wear and tear" so that you either fix every smallest defect on your own dollar or risk paying literally 8x as much for them to fix it after you return the lease. They deny the existence of a quantitative definition of "excess wear and tear" yet they measure and photograph every inch of your car. They are liars and cheats. It is an incredibly unethical way to do business. Not only do they rip you off this way, they are very, very rude to you as they do it.

Before you sign the lease, they hide their crooked ways with sly language and a facade of striving to "make it easy" for you, but as soon as you sign the lease, they have no shame about their sick business and you are just a piece of garbage in their way of reaching their next victim. I'm an educated, hardworking person and I do not appreciate being treated this way. Their business tactics are vile, to say the least.

Original review: May 3, 2017
    I'm closing out my father's estate. He died with a Toyota financed through these clowns and owing money. To help him out I've been paying on it for the last year.

Upon his death I called Toyota and explained that I would like to pay the balance in full. Is there a problem in this country with someone paying bills for someone else? And if so, WHY don't you let them pay the bill? I've never seen people less enthusiastic about receiving money due to them. Long waits on hold are regular. Inability to cooperate in any manner off script is totally lost. They were quite interested in jacking up the costs by letting their "probate team" step in. I'm doing the probate of the will; why do I need them to charge me from their end. Toyota has lost a customer here and I hope that any readers will consider anyone but them for future service.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I paid off my 2013 vehicle last month with a cashier's check last month. Check was received and cashed through Toyota, shown on my credit report as a vehicle pay off. I called multiple times asking about my title and when it'll be shipped out. Every time I called I received a different story from them. I called again last week, agent said it was shipped out yesterday... I called two days later, they said it was shipped yesterday. I called again yesterday and they cannot confirm was shipped. I called again same day they said it was shipped yesterday. I called today, they said it was shipped yesterday. Wtf.

They always tell me it was shipped "yesterday". The agent the day that they said they cannot confirm if it was shipped out said she can override a lien lease so I can take that to DMV to get my title! I want my original title without waste of time at the DMV. This company keeps playing games which I don't have time for. I want to sell my car asap so I can use the money to buy a new vehicle. I will never buy a Toyota again, let alone have my car financed through TFS. These guys are a joke. Read all the consumer report reviews and listen to everyone and their bad experience because you too will end up in our boat. I still have not received my title and I don't know when or if I will ever see it. I am one angry customer. They are so fast to take your money but turn their backs afterwards. I just want my damn title that I paid for.

Original review: April 27, 2017

In 2015, I bought my 2006 Chrysler 300 from our local dealership. They set up my payments thru TFS because of my credit score at the time, plus they were the only ones that would finance a 9 year old car. Everything went well for the first year and then problems with TFS started to occur. In November of 2016, I lost my job and got ONE payment behind. TFS contacted me and told that I was THREE payments behind and threatened to repo my car. I explained that my November payment would be made, but it would be late. They asked me what about the other 2 payments of which I had paid and showed them proof.

Fast forward to late January 2017. They called me again and told me that I was 4 payments behind and would be repoing my car if the payments were not made. I told them the payment for January was all I owed as I had just started working and the payment would be made within a week. Fast forward to February. They picked 8 pm in the evening to repo my car. I called them the next morning and they proceeded to tell me that it was an "unnecessary repo" which cost me $1300 to get my car back from the repo lot 60 miles from where I live!! I asked them if they were going to refund me that $1300 since it was an "unnecessary repo" and they clearly stated that they were not responsible for refunding any money since it was MY car!

Fast Forward to April 2017. I made an extra payment for May along with my April payment. Received an email that stated, "Thank You, We Received Your Payment." Thought, cool, I'm a month ahead and can relax... NOPE! They send my bill for the month of... You guessed it. MAY! I called them concerning this matter and it seems that the payment was NOT in the system and the bank had declined it and sent it back due to "unauthorized use". The bank nor the Debit Card company had NOT declined it. Hmmmm, so I called my bank and they told me I needed to call the company associated with my Debit Card. It is a Prepaid Debit Card and I have no bank account at the bank, but I DO have a "bank account" with my Debit card company.

Well, my Debit Card Company informs me that TFS for whatever reason did a VALUE LOAD with my payment as in instead of taking it off as a payment, they were using it as a "Direct Deposit" to my account with TFS!!! Sooooooo, I call TFS and tell them what happened and ask them WHY would they do this. Guess what? No one has an answer and states that "We don't do business this way..." Really??? So now I have to get a Merchant Statement to prove to them that the payment was taken out of my account, or wait 3 days and get a statement from my Debit Card company to prove that I made that payment. I wish I could refinance my car thru someone else, but most places won't take an 11 year old car, so I'm stuck with TFS. DON'T EVER FINANCE YOUR CAR THROUGH TFS!!! RUDE CSRS & CROOKED COMPANY!!!

Original review: April 17, 2017

I am very very frustrated with the TFS. I bought Toyota Camry 2014 for $28700 and paid in full in 2 years and guess what? I have never received my title. I have been talking and arguing with them more than a month and never resolved this issue. I have talked to them more than 5 times and they told me they sent it 5 times... I am really really pissed off. Never waste your time and money with TFS. And I am still waiting for my title.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I was approved for credit (rewards credit) based on if I wasn't able to have a cash down payment for a loan on a car at Toyota Marina Del Rey Dealer. We agreed on the date to have down payment withdrawn from account. Fast forward to that date. Not only was money withdrawn, the Toyota credit card I was approved for was also used by the company and they sent me a bill. I was able to dispute it with the bank that is associated with the Toyota Rewards Credit and get it resolved however the manager who used the card was not reprimanded, he is still working for Toyota Marina Del Rey and I feel my contract is bogus. I went back there to have them redo it but they refused.

Toyota Financial Services has overdrawn my account twice because of their negligence and I've had to request a refund to my account. This time the representative stated it will take until the next payment is due to be corrected. The company is shady. I need a reliable vehicle but at what cost??? I make my payments on time but somehow I feel like I'm paying too much. Not right.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I paid my truck off in August 2016 and it is April 2017 and still have not received my Title! I have been going in circles with a financial customer service agent for the past 2 weeks! When I first called she said that I had to verify that the cashier's check I sent was mine even though when I sent the check they make you send a copy as well and she had the copy. She made me go and get another copy from my bank to prove it was mine. Not only did I get a copy but I also found out that T.F.S. had cashed the check so I also sent her that information as well.

She said she needed a couple of days to verify everything and she would call back. She did not call back. I called back after no response and the same agent had said that she needed me to verify that there is a stamp of Toyota on the back of the check showing that they cashed it. I was puzzled... I said how can I have a Toyota stamp on the back of a cashier check that I sent? I argued with this lady for an hour that I would not have a copy of my cashier check with a Toyota stamp unless they sent me a copy after they cashed the check and why would Toyota do a thing like that? So after being frustrated and wanting to grab this lady through the phone, I asked to speak with a supervisor. She said and I quote, "I don't feel like this is a supervisor situation so I'm not going to allow you to speak to my supervisor." I kid you not this lady said that!

So I hung up and called customer care. They documented everything I told them that happened and said that they would get a supervisor on the line and like I said I have been dealing with this for 2 weeks. Every time I would somehow be sent right back to the same agent! Today I get a call on 4/6/2017 by the same agent. She informs me that she still hasn't received a verification that the check is mine and that they also lost my funds. I quickly began to smell something very fishy. I asked the agent, "So you lost the cashier check when it clearly states on my bank statement that I sent her T.F.S. cashed the check 5 days after I sent it." She quickly changed her story so I asked her again, "May I speak with a supervisor?" I kid you not she said the same thing! She didn't feel that the situation called for that so she wasn't going to let me speak with one.

I am outraged at the disrespect and the shenanigans this lady is pulling. I'm about to go seek legal consultation because I have proof I paid the truck off and Toyota is clearly responsible for not only sending the title but making sure the owner gets it. Word of advice don't ever ever do a loan through Toyota! I absolutely love my truck but after dealing with this I will never deal with Toyota again and that sucks. I paid 21,000 dollars and you would think Toyota would make me a platinum customer. Nope they could care less.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I turned my lease in almost a year ago, made 3 payments to pay off the excessive mileage and disposition fee and now they are telling me that I still owe over $600 but no one can tell me why. On top of it, they said I have only made one payment so far and asked me to fax them copies of two checks that they cashed! I would never imagine that a company that has been in business for so long would be so disorganized!!! Every time I call the agents are very nice but no one can figure out what is going on with my account. They requested a supervisor to review it and when I called yesterday (after 3 weeks) no one had reviewed it and they asked me to fax them copies of the checks again!!! Unbelievable! I loved my Prius but I will NEVER get another Toyota. Get your ** together!

Original review: March 20, 2017

I leased a Toyota Corolla through TFS and paid my monthly payments on time. In fact I paid my lease off 5 months prior to the end of my lease and handed the car over a month early in July 2016. A few weeks later I received a letter in the mail from TFS stating I am owed a refund check for $1,500 and I will receive the check in a separate secure letter. I'm a generally patient person and thought cool, I'll just wait for it to come. I made my first call September 19th because I moved and realized the check could have gone to the wrong address. I had found out that they hadn't cut the check yet and that there's a 90 day window. I called back in early January 2017. I don't like to push these kinds of things, but it had been almost 6 months since I first received the letter and was told on the phone that there's no reason for the hold up and they would escalate the payment.

I called back at the end of January to check on the escalation on my account and nothing had happened in the previous 3 weeks. They said they would expedite the process on my account so I thanked them and hung up. After 3 more weeks I called again and they had no update. I was given the number for HQ & for complaints. Both numbers lead to the same automated message options. I have NEVER written a complaint before, but this is outrageous. It has now been 8 months since I turned my lease in and was informed of my refund check and there is still NO update and NO check.

Toyota Financial Services Company Information