4.9/5 (83 ratings)

About iLending

ILending provides auto loan refinancing options. Despite the name, the company is not a direct lender. Instead, it works with banks and credit unions across the country to help customers find the lowest possible rates. The company promises that even if your credit score isn’t great, it will work to help you qualify for refinancing. A personal loan consultant guides you throughout the application process.

Pros

• No money down
  • Low credit scores accepted
  • Rates as low as 1.99%
  • Terms up to 84 months

Cons

• Not a direct lender
  • Limited cost information on website

Bottom Line

ILending provides customers with auto loan refinancing options through its lending partners. No upfront money is required, but info about fees is limited. Customers with low credit scores are welcome to apply.

What is iLending?

ILending shows you refinancing options from banks and credit unions for your car loan. According to the company, refinancing your auto loan with iLending can help you lower your monthly payment and interest rate. You’ll have a fixed rate and monthly payment for a set amount of time. Refinancing your loan through iLending can also lower the overall cost of your car and remove someone from your loan.

ILending helps customers with any type of credit. Even if you don’t initially qualify, the company promises to continue working with you to help you qualify. The company offers refinancing for loans associated with several other vehicle types, including motorcycles, boats, RVs and ATVs.

There is an iLending app available for both iPhone and Android devices. Customers can apply for refinancing, track their loan application status and communicate with their consultant.

How does iLending work?

To start the process, iLending provides customers with a personalized loan consultant. You and your personal consultant talk about your financial goals and discuss basic information about yourself and your vehicle.

From there, your consultant compares rates from lenders across the country. Once they have rate options for you, your consultant helps you decide which option best fits your needs. They then compile the information needed for your chosen option and help you complete your application. Finally, your application is submitted to your chosen lender and approved in as little as a week or less.

iLending fees

It’s entirely free to look into refinancing options through iLending. The company takes a fixed fee that’s worked into your new loan. Your annual percentage rate and monthly payment depend on several factors, including your credit score and the length of the loan. ILending advertises their lowest rate at 1.99% at the time of publishing.

There is no mention of any other possible fees on the website, such as origination fees, late fees or prepayment penalties. Be sure to discuss all the costs of a potential refinancing loan with your personal consultant before finalizing the loan, though.

iLending FAQ

ILending customers save an average of $144 a month. This figure is based on the average monthly payments savings for all of the company’s customers between June 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
It only takes a couple of days to refinance your car loan. It depends on how quickly you can get your paperwork submitted to iLending.
ILending doesn’t require a good credit score to qualify for refinancing. The company works with a number of banks and credit unions to help you qualify. Even if you don’t initially qualify, iLendingDIRECT helps you get qualified.
ILending refinances loans for many vehicle types, including:
  • Cars
  • Trucks
  • SUVs
  • Vans
  • RVs
  • ATVs
  • Motorcycles
  • Boats
ILending is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado.

Is iLending legit?

ILending is a legitimate option if you’re looking to refinance your auto loan. The company doesn’t directly refinance your loan; instead, it matches you with a lender that best suits your financial needs. Whether or not your credit is good, iLending works with you to get you qualified for the best possible loan options.

iLending Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iLending?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about iLending?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

The application process was very simple, and Troy, the rep, took care of us. We had a hiccup with my registration, where my husband's birthday is in December and my registration went out in December. I had to get our registration renewed, but our courthouse had a Covid outbreak and it was closed down for a few days. I had to wait until the courthouse opened back up and our registration took a week longer than it should have, but it wasn't anything to do with iLending.

Troy helped me out every step of the way. He talked things over with me, told me what each paper meant and what I was signing, and he was really good with that. Anytime I call him, he was there to answer my questions. When I email him, he'd email me back promptly. This is the first time I ever did anything like this, and he helped me better understand the process and how much I was going to be paying back. The rate was a lot better than what I was paying, and I'm willing to pay more back in the long run. I was paying close to $700 a month, and now, it's down to $490, which helps us out a lot. If anybody wants to do a refinance on their vehicle or any kind of loan, they should go through iLending.

iLending response

We are glad we were able to save you so much money! Be sure to let your friends and family know if they’re interested in refinancing their auto loan, we can help them out! If they refinance with us, we will send you a gift card as a thank you.

Get buying tips about Car Loan Refinancing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I got laid off temporarily at work. I was doing my budget, and I was really cutting it close with my payments and what I was going to be bringing because it's only 50% of your income when you're on unemployment. So, I started looking for ways to save money. I started looking at my APRs on my credit cards, and my car loan. My friend had told me that he refinanced his car and his payment went way down. I just happened to open up my car loan, and I saw it was 12.9. So, I looked into refinancing that first because credit cards are so hard to deal with. They want to write you off and just ruin your credit. So, I thought I would start there with the car loan and go from there.

The whole process took one week only to get an answer about the car. But I'm still waiting to see and to get the final paperwork. So, it's about three weeks now total. The rep was very friendly and easy to work with. The only thing I didn't like was he said he was going to do a soft credit check, which was fine. I had too many inquiries in the past 24 months. A couple times, I looked into different options to lower payments, and they all did hard inquiries. That really screwed me. So, I asked him that right off the bat. He said, “It’s just soft inquiry. But if we find a lender, then they’ll do the hard inquiry.” He kept going around about to answer me. I said, “Well, is there any way that I could get turned down after the hard inquiry?” He just kept saying, “Well, they're gonna do it. They have the option to this or that.” I said, “I just want a yes or no. Is it possible to get denied the loan after they do the hard inquiries?”

Overall, refinancing with iLending was super easy. Their guy takes care of everything for you. He's really into helping you until you give him all your paperwork. Then after you sign all the paperwork and everything's done, you don't hear from him. I didn't hear from him for almost two weeks. I messaged them and I said, “Hey, what's going on with that loan? Because I got a letter in the mail saying, ‘Unfortunately, we couldn't…’ I don't know if this was from you or if this something else. I don't know what's going on.” I still didn't hear from them. Then last week, I got a text from them saying, “Hey, Melissa. How's it going?” I had to look it up. I looked at a couple previous texts. I was like, “Oh, my God. It’s the guy from the loan.” It was just weird how he would message me three or four times, or called continuously until I got all the paperwork in. Then when I was excited about hearing back from him, when I need my paperwork, I hear nothing.

iLending response

Hello, thanks for the positive feedback! We're always happy to hear good things from our customers. We are glad you were satisfied and saved some money.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I googled refinance places that help with bad credit, and iLending was the first one that popped up. I put in my information and I got a call back right away. Then they helped me out. The application process was very quick. It took me maybe 10 minutes just to enter everything and submit it. The person who helped me, Matthew, was very helpful, answered all my questions and made it as easy as possible. I thought it would be a lot more difficult uploading files and sending him all the information. He would call me or would just text me, which was easier for me, especially because sometimes I would be at work. So, texting is a lot easier. It was pretty headache-free.

If you are answering any questions from the person you're working with, and if you notice that you made a mistake in some things, uploading those files makes them double check that work and they can verify everything is correct that way. Matthew goes out of his way to make sure you understand everything. I highly would recommend him to anyone else. I was impressed with how quick and how willing he answered my questions. I was pretty upfront with him and let him know that it's my first time refinancing. My credit’s not that good. He was more than happy to work through all that with me and gave me some good advice. He was more than happy to take it step by step with me, which I very greatly appreciated.

I thought the process would be a lot more difficult than it was. Matthew helped me out in that. If I was having trouble with something, he would go through it with me. Sometimes he would contact certain people on my behalf if I was having trouble or he would go step by step on how I can contact those certain people. He talked to me about getting all the documents notarized, signed, and then sent back. He was like, “I can expedite this process if you get it back to me within this amount of time or by here.” Every time I send something through, whether it's via email or text, he always confirms that he has received them, and that he will be working on that process for me. Everything was really good. The rate was pretty close to what I already had. He got it lower than what I expected even if it wasn't by a lot. So, that was very much appreciated.

iLending response

Hello Olivia, thanks for the positive feedback! We're always happy to hear good things from our customers.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I refinanced my first vehicle with them, and everything went through pretty good. They were really helpful. They got me to where I needed to be and what I wanted. After that first experience, I knew that I was going to be refinancing my second vehicle with them once I got it. So I've gone through them twice now. The process was very simple. I gave them a roundabout of what I was kind of looking for.

When I went through the process the first time around, I sent them all my personal information and gave them everything. So the second time around was a little bit easier because they already had all that on file. It went through relatively fast. They took my information, and then within 24 to 48 hours, they came back with a quote in regards to what they could get for me, and everything was good from there. These people are very well-versed in what they do and they help out a lot. They look through everything. They find you the best deals and the paperwork comes back relatively fast. I would definitely recommend iLending to anybody that's trying to refinance.

iLending response

This is great news! We're so happy to know that you had TWO seamless experiences. Let your friends and family know if they’re interested in refinancing their auto loan, we can help them out as well! You get a gift card for every funded referral as a token of appreciation.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I spoke to a very amiable rep a couple of times on the phone, then it was a few messages and emails. It was absolutely phenomenal and she was quick in response. She was right back to me when I had a question and answered all of them. The process was relatively easy after I got all my ducks in a row. The most complicated thing was digging up all the information. I've had problems in the past with doing other things, so I covered my bases and faxed and emailed just to be safe.

From start to finish, the process was a couple of days and that's not bad, being that I was doing everything off my mobile phone and a fax machine from work. The most lengthy part of the process was waiting for me to drive 30 miles to work in order to get things done. I would highly recommend iLending to my family member and tell them to get on the bus. I haven't made a payment on the loan as of yet, but the rates and terms knocked quite a chunk off of my monthly payment. It’s saving us quite a bit of money in the long run. It came in a very good time.

iLending response

This is great news! We're so happy to know that we were able to help. Let your friends and family know if they’re interested in refinancing their auto loan, we can help them out as well! You get $$$ for every funded referral as a token of appreciation.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Refinancing with them went pretty quick. The process was simple and straightforward. The rep called me quite a bit. I dropped two percentage points on my loan and it saved me about $175 a month.

iLending response

We are glad we were able to save you money. Be sure to let your friends and family know if they’re interested in refinancing their auto loan, we can help them out! If they refinance with us, we will send you a gift card as a thank you.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

iLending handled me very nicely. They were really patient to answer my questions. And I really got everything clearly. Their option was great and if somebody wanted to refinance, I would really recommend iLending. They're a good financial company.

iLending response

Thank you for the lovely review. Be sure to let your friends and family know if they’re interested in refinancing their auto loan, we can help them out! If they refinance with us, we will send you a gift card as a thank you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I got my pickup truck refinanced with iLending, and it knocked my interest rate way down. I was also given several terms I could choose from whichever fit my budget. I worked with two guys and they were educated and super nice. One of them was always concerned and made me feel like he was really there trying to help, not just trying to tell me something. Also, the two guys took their time, called me whenever I needed it, and called me back and explained everything a couple of times. It didn't take them long to get back to me and they didn't promise anything that they couldn't do. It was an all-around a good experience and I couldn't ask for a better help. The guys did a fantastic job and I'd hire them again if I needed it.

iLending response

We are so glad you were well taken care of. Be sure to let your friends and family know if they’re interested in refinancing their auto loan, we can help them out! If they refinance with us, we will send you a gift card as a thank you.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Working with them was very good. The whole process was very professional and quick. But the amount of documents that they require is a little excessive to me. Their customers have to jump through hoops. It's a lot of information that they need that I have never experienced before. I needed copies and there were documents to sign and upload. Other than that, I was very happy with my rep.

iLending response

We are glad you were happy with your rep. Be sure to let your friends and family know if they’re interested in refinancing their auto loan, we can help them out! If they refinance with us, we will send you a gift card as a thank you.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

The process was super smooth. Marcial listened to all my refinancing problems in the past and was completely honest about if this would be the best fit. Took 3 days to finalize everything which was way better than the 2 years it took me to finally get approved. Thank you guys so much & HAPPY NEW YEAR.

iLending response

Thanks for the great review, Marcell. It was a pleasure serving you as a customer. Be sure to let your friends and family know if they’re interested in refinancing their auto loan, we can help them out! If they refinance with us, we will send you a gift card as a thank you. happy new year to you as well!

iLending Company Information