Find a Car Loans partner

Toyota Financial Services

3.8/5 (286 ratings)
Find a Car Loans partner
Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

About Toyota Financial Services

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. Read reviews for their models:

Banner image

Refinance your auto loan today!

See if you can lower your rate with Auto Approve

Get a quote

Toyota Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: March 1, 2021

So what you will learn about Toyota is if you're late two or three months but pay on time for the current month they will put that payment towards a late month and report that you have not made a payment for the current month and charge you late fees and mess up your credit. Even if you request said payment go toward that current month, they'll still screw you over and tax on bunch of late fees making it impossible to catch up. I pay another car and they report a month missing if you miss a payment but report any payment for the current month Southland credit Union great financing company. What Toyota is doing is false reporting and fraud. Be careful.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have dealt with this company for the past year and they have done nothing but mess me around, ignore my emails and provide me with absolutely nothing helpful. They have intentionally messed me around at every single step of the way. Ignoring my emails for weeks at a time that I have had to continuously email over and over again. They send invoices to the wrong places with incorrect amounts and expect me to pay thousands of dollars at the drop of a hat and when I ask for acknowledgement of payment, they ignore me and send me nothing. The invoices they create are the skills of a four year old child attempting to finger paint. The responses I get are the most useless and time wasting responses. When I raised a complaint through their department, they re-route me back to the same people I am complaining about. This is the most pathetic useless company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have never had so many issues with one comapny as I have with Toyota Financial. In addition to being told different things by different representatives the representatives are really awful to deal with. If you have any type of complaint you can forget getting any help. They are very defensive about their practices and never accept responsibility. They have been terrible to deal with during the pandemic. The deferral process was a nightmare. Then I made an error by not returning a form even though they had told me my deferral was in place so who is expecting a next step but there was and I missed it and now I have been fined by them and had my credit destroyed. I am looking to turn in this lease to a different company. I want to be rid of Toyota for good.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Unfortunately, I had high hopes for Toyota Financial. I figured with their reliable vehicles they would also be a reliable finance company. Wow was I wrong. They denied all covid extensions I needed. My cars got repoed and they threatened to keep my personal belongings. They told the repo yard to not give me my belongings. I had to get the police involved in which the repo yard then allowed me to get my property. Toyota agent kept telling me “I don’t care about what the police says it’s our policy” as if their policy is higher than the law. Very sad. I’m only 19 years old by the way and they approved me for 150k worth of auto loans and my Each of my vehicle payments Were over $800 a month. I will never be financing a vehicle again due to my experience

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

After paying off my 2009 Camry, I noticed inaccurate late payments had been applied to my credit profile. I submitted multiple disputes, and to no avail, each inquiry would result in more fraudulent and fictitious late payments reported being reported to the credit bureaus. To get this situation remedied and/or resolved, I submitted one final dispute on 12/22/2019. The results of the investigation rendered a delinquent status being applied to my paid off account in full. These retaliatory and predatory lending practices has negatively affected my credit worthiness, and quality of life.

As a former loyal customer, I demand a amicable resolution, as I've purchased 2 vehicles from Toyota. I no longer believe Toyota's products, the customer service is horrendous, and the lending practices are unethical. I will never do business with another Toyota establishment again. I've received several invitations and pre-approvals to purchase another vehicle from Toyota. I am not interested. This company needs to be investigated.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Inept customer service cost me money, time, and stress. Two times SETF sent notification letters to me AFTER a due date. First I was sent a notification that I needed to complete a Lessee Affidavit swearing that my vehicle is for personal use only, not business use. They mailed this notification after the due date for the form. I ended being taxed by my county, which cost me over $1000.

The second feat of incompetence came recently, when my car is nearing the end of its lease. I was sent a notification that I’d be contacted by AutoVin for the turn in inspection, around 60 days before the end of my lease. I never got a call from AutoVin and this SETF notice was mailed to me past that time frame and leading into the Christmas/New Year holidays. I wasn’t able to talk with anyone at SETF (after waiting for multiple 1 hour hold times). So now my lease is coming to an end (two weeks), I need to get a new car, and I’m just now getting an appointment with AutoVin (whom I had to call). Terrible and incompetent company. I wouldn’t be surprised if they mail these notifications late to try to get late fees from people.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

No direct number to live support.. In order to speak to a person you have to blindly wade through an automated labyrinth with no logical rhyme or reason.. Next, you have to deal with people that know very little except how to receive a payment...!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Toyota finance did not accept to give me extensions during the coronavirus when I lost my job due to covid 19 and they repo my car while most of the banks give a lot of extensions to their customers, it’s seem to me they making money when they repo the car because I paid 3 years out of my auto loan so all interest rate it’s been paid so if they repo my car they will make the rest of the money right away without waiting for the next 3 years payment on my car, they are such a greedy people who have this policy against their customers. And the customer service so rude if you don’t speak their Alabama accent then they will treat you so bad over the phone and you are not consider to be a human being on the situation we have in our country because they will take advantage on you no matter what’s going on with the coronavirus.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Purchased my 4Runner in Sept. Agreed to "finance" for the $750 military credit. Finally received my notice for payments and website directions. Went to the website to pay off the car. None of the buttons work. All come back as "We are experiencing difficulty. Try back later". So, I try over a week to give them a chance. No joy! So, I use the phone system to obtain my payoff balance and submit that through the website. Get an email noting the payment and that it had been received. However, no evidence on the account online that any payment has been made. Try the "contact us" button - you can fill in the spots but nothing sends. Called and the wait is 30 minutes. So, while waiting I thought I'd submit a few reviews. Feel free to buy a Toyota but DO NOT use TFS. They do not have their act together. Totally slipshod. If it weren't associated with the vehicle I would have posted this as a scam.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I leased a vehicle via Toyota Financial Services, all payments made on time and I had never even had the need to contact TFS over the 14 months I had been making payments on time. Then suddenly and unexpectedly I was laid off. I called TFS to see if it was possible to defer a payment or two until I had steady income coming in. TFS claimed that in order to defer a payment I would need to pay a $150 fee in advance.

Im sorry but if a customer has made all payments on time and is proactive in seeking assistance rather than defaulting on all payments then I think it be advantageous to allow this fee to be included with the scheduled deferred payment. What genius executive came up with this needs to be terminated and hired at a debt collection firm where that sort of poor business acumen and ideology would be accepted.

Absolutely ridiculous and it shows a customer where they stand and what little value they have. My suggestion is steer clear of Toyota Financial Services and Toyota as a whole seeing how they are part of Toyota. Toyota makes a great product but what's the incentive in purchasing if you are simply an account number and if and when a bad situation might occur you will be left out to dry like a red headed step child. I learned the hard way and will never even consider a Toyota product again.

Toyota Financial Services Company Information