Toyota Financial Services

Toyota Financial Services

2.7/5 (1003 ratings)

About Toyota Financial Services

Toyota is a Japanese car manufacturer that makes cars, trucks, SUVs and hybrids. Read reviews for their models:

Toyota Financial Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota Financial Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Toyota?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

Called Toyota Financial Services on 2-4-2022 at 10:11 am. Rep. Dian without an ID number from the moment she pick up the call had the WORSE attitude. Was extremely RUDE. She did not want to listen nor hear to what I had to say. If a customer is calling to get information it should not matter what time or day. All employees representing Toyota Financial, Toyota or any company under Toyota should be PLEASANT, GENTLE, MILD SPEAKING MANNER. Ms. DIAN WAS NOT THAT PERSON.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I called Toyota Financial to make my scheduled payment on the 5th of every month (mind you that on the app and website I’m using to do autopay is set up for the 5th of every month but it’s pulling out every 27th). The representative said that he can’t do anything on his side because the app and websites are set up for self service, and that he has no access to viewing or changing my information. Now I’m thinking… Why does this Number exists if you can’t even help me or any caller? If they wanted me to find it out on my on they should have not supplied a contact line. Don’t waste your time calling with these people. They must be make good money by sitting on the butts and detouring loyal paying customers away.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Absolutely not helpful. Company's mistake resulted in my score dropping 80 points after I have been told it would not affect my score. When I called for explanation and them to fix it got no help and no acknowledgement of their mistakes. They were just saying same phrase on a loop. To be treated like that repeatedly in 2022 is absolutely unacceptable.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Never again. Spent too many hours to count, on hold, calling my bank, lies and more lies, 4 months of phone calls, trying to pay my loan off. Saying electronically cashed checks didn't clear when I've got tracing #, the account of theirs, everything to prove payment but the check itself which they ask for knowing that they keep the checks and my bank does not get them back. Asking for merchant reports from my bank to fax them, my bank never heard of this. Then called back to find out now my account shows it posted. Please never use Toyota Financial. You'll be sorry. The whole system is messed up. Workers there must hate their jobs, they lie all the time, only a few will actually do their jobs.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Spoke with Toyota customer service so called Supervisor, regarding a mistake. They processed to be incorrect with my payment my money & called to correct it & all they can say is, "We are terribly sorry. We cannot do anything to correct it." In other words telling me too bad..

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I had to write about my bad experience with Toyota, In August 2021 I did lease a vehicle under swap lease and until now I'm paying for a car that I can't drive because of The lack of service with paperwork!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

August 11 I sent a check for $9400 to pay off my RAV4 EV loan. That plus a $440 check that followed was in excess of what was owed. I heard nothing back waiting for a check and title. I called a few weeks later and found they had misapplied the funds. They misread the account number. Fine, they promised in a few days it would be fixed and I would get my title and check.

Today after hearing nothing, I called and got some idiot who found all the records and unable to explain why the problem existed. He said they would have to sit on the funds for 10 days (funds that were cashiers checks weeks ago) and then in a month or two resolve it!!!! (If I am selling my car how does THAT work???) SO I get a resolutions person on the phone who says they will have information for me in 3-5 business days! WTF? What if I had failed a payment? I bet they act faster. They just do not care at all that they continue to screw up and I am left waiting for my pink slip!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

Some advice: Do not finance your vehicle through Toyota Financial Services. Go through a local credit union or another institution you trust. Here's my story - in June of 2021 I began the process of buying out a lease. With used car prices spiking, it was a great time to purchase and resell, so I was eager to get through the process quickly.

I called and spoke to a representative (after being on hold forever, as others have mentioned), who told me the payoff amount verbally and instructed me to just "pay it through the online portal and we'll send you the title." I should've realized that it was bizarre to send >$30k into the ether for a $400 monthly lease payment without any further information, but I did as instructed and waited... and waited... and got nothing. No email, no message, no title in the mail.

After weeks, I called again and was told I'd be on hold for 90 minutes, so instead I sent a message through the online portal. After a few days, I got a response contradicting what I had been told on the phone. Not only was the amount they originally asked for incorrect (didn't include sales tax), but I would need to fill out a form and send payment via cashier's check instead of a digital payment. Meanwhile, the $30k I had already sent digitally was mysteriously marked as "credited" back to me, despite never actually being returned to my bank account. After asking for clarification, the rep sent me a digital payoff form and told me I would just have to send the difference (sales tax) as a cashier's check, and mail that along with the form. The amount "credited" would be applied towards the purchase, despite being supposedly the "wrong" way to pay. They then closed the online help ticket.

I again did as instructed, but called again to check whether I would really need to send the sales tax by cashier's check. This time, after being on hold forever again, a different rep said I could just use the online portal to pay... contradicting the last rep... again. Wary now, I triple-checked, but they insisted it would be fine. So I sent the payment online and waited.

After a couple more weeks (it's now late August 2021, so much for a quick turnaround), I received a letter saying my account had been sent to collections for "defaulting" on two lease payments (~$800), despite the fact that I had now sent them nearly $35k online to buy the rest of the lease and vehicle! Yes, I agree, it defies reason! I have now sent them yet another support request online seeking clarification after waiting 90 minutes on hold to no avail.

It is truly baffling how hard Toyota has made it for me to purchase a vehicle. They are now holding an enormous amount of money ransom, while simultaneously claiming my account is somehow in default, and otherwise stonewalling me. They should absolutely be investigated for their incompetence, breach of contract, and borderline theft. Avoid these clowns at all costs!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I love my car but will refinance as soon as possible because I cannot deal with shady businesses.

-The monthly “statement” they send gives no breakdown of where the payment is applied. As a consumer you have no idea what was applied toward principal or interest unless you call. After spending 48 minutes on hold I was told there is no more detailed statement you can request and if you want a breakdown you have to call for it.
-You cannot pay any extra each month and have it apply toward principal. When I called to request this after realizing they were applying my extra funds to future payments I was given a recorded message explaining the 3 manual ways principal payments can be made.
-When I asked for the upcoming payment and how much of that is principal VS. interest they hung up on me.

-The service person talked over me during the entire call. It was unacceptable. It was clear she had an agenda to follow and there is nothing service oriented about how she handled my questions.

This is easily the worst customer service in the business. Huge fail.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

It took TF two weeks to process my lease end payoff. Despite nearly daily calls to their "customer service" reps, they never sped things up. I gave them my express mail acct, but they sent title by snail mail.

Original review: July 13, 2021

You would think that after paying off a car, the title would soon follow. This is not the case with me. Long story short, I paid off my car 2.5 years ago. I have a letter from Toyota stating that vehicle was paid in full. The only problem is they have not sent the DMV or me the certificate of lien release. When I called the DMV, they said it is electronic and they can't send me title without Toyota sending them the certificate of lien release. Of course when I try to call Toyota, there is a long hold. I can't wait 3 hours to talk to a person. Why they don't have a call back system for long waits such as 3 hours, is beyond me. Further, why is it on me to prompt them to do their part? Toyota, great cars, poor financial management department.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I’ve been calling for over two hours, I traded in my vehicle and the dealership wants me to call Toyota Financial Services to let them know since payment is due next week. But no one is answering the damn phone. And it’s been over two hours. What the hell is going over there that they can’t answer the phone. This is ridiculous, when I first call I get the automated system. I go thru all these steps to get a real person just so knows answer the phone and then get lit on hold for over two hours. This is not right. Someone needs to step in and throw down the hammer.

Original review: May 3, 2021

As everyone knows there is a CURRENT global pandemic. I am a Toyota customer and was directly affected. Besides losing my job, I also contracted Covid in 2020. When you have Covid, you can’t go to work until you test negative. This can take several weeks. I spoke to Toyota Financial and asked to make a payment arrangement as I was not working due to the pandemic. They agreed. Little did I know they were going to destroy my hood credit by saying my payment (which was part of an agreement) was late. At the time I made the arrangement, they also didn’t tell me that I can make a partial payment, and this would be ok!

They put me through a long tedious process of submitting disputes in writing, which I sent certified ($$). Then asked to RE-submit by fax ($). And then call and call desperately trying to navigate the broken IVR (the voice that asks you describe your issue in 3 words or less, but never understands) for weeks and retell every person about your crappy 2020, just to be told to call back.

This company is deceptive. And I guess most companies that make money off regular people are. But to tell me “We provided courtesy removals DURING the pandemic, but this is outside of that window” is a slap in the face to someone who actually had the virus. The pandemic isn’t over. You should be more consistent and considerate with the global situation. (Steps off soapbox)

Original review: March 17, 2021

Trust me. Just don’t use autodraft through this company! My local water provider does a better job..., Very disappointed since I love Toyota trucks & cars so much. Shouldn’t have the Toyota named attached to this service!!

Original review: March 4, 2021

I have been keeping a log of the poor service that is provided by Toyota Financial Services. Let's begin with the poor runaround telephone automated system they use. After waiting periods of a stated 21 minutes or 41 minutes I still waited longer. You may ask why did I wait, it is because they applied my final payoff amount of $4,229.72 to another account or could not figure out where they applied the funds. My check to Toyota was sent to Toyota at the end of January 2021 and paid by my bank on Feb. 4, 2021 but they sent me a bill at the end of Feb. for the February payment. That's when I knew something was wrong.

I have called them 6 -8 times speaking to various representatives who know very little or place you on hold and don't come back. I had to send them a 9 page fax outlining all my efforts, copies of the bank statement and check, copies of the payoff notice and statement. I requested that someone call me with follow up info that day. I waited a day and NO call or follow-up. I had to call again and ask for the number or supervisor who is handling my account. When calling the "RESOLUTION DEPARTMENT" today the rep "wanted to know how I got this number." He went on to say notation was made and still being processed. If they want their money I expect the service I paid for. Never again will I involve myself with Toyota.

Original review: March 1, 2021

So what you will learn about Toyota is if you're late two or three months but pay on time for the current month they will put that payment towards a late month and report that you have not made a payment for the current month and charge you late fees and mess up your credit. Even if you request said payment go toward that current month, they'll still screw you over and tax on bunch of late fees making it impossible to catch up. I pay another car and they report a month missing if you miss a payment but report any payment for the current month Southland credit Union great financing company. What Toyota is doing is false reporting and fraud. Be careful.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have dealt with this company for the past year and they have done nothing but mess me around, ignore my emails and provide me with absolutely nothing helpful. They have intentionally messed me around at every single step of the way. Ignoring my emails for weeks at a time that I have had to continuously email over and over again. They send invoices to the wrong places with incorrect amounts and expect me to pay thousands of dollars at the drop of a hat and when I ask for acknowledgement of payment, they ignore me and send me nothing. The invoices they create are the skills of a four year old child attempting to finger paint. The responses I get are the most useless and time wasting responses. When I raised a complaint through their department, they re-route me back to the same people I am complaining about. This is the most pathetic useless company I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I have never had so many issues with one comapny as I have with Toyota Financial. In addition to being told different things by different representatives the representatives are really awful to deal with. If you have any type of complaint you can forget getting any help. They are very defensive about their practices and never accept responsibility. They have been terrible to deal with during the pandemic. The deferral process was a nightmare. Then I made an error by not returning a form even though they had told me my deferral was in place so who is expecting a next step but there was and I missed it and now I have been fined by them and had my credit destroyed. I am looking to turn in this lease to a different company. I want to be rid of Toyota for good.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

Unfortunately, I had high hopes for Toyota Financial. I figured with their reliable vehicles they would also be a reliable finance company. Wow was I wrong. They denied all covid extensions I needed. My cars got repoed and they threatened to keep my personal belongings. They told the repo yard to not give me my belongings. I had to get the police involved in which the repo yard then allowed me to get my property. Toyota agent kept telling me “I don’t care about what the police says it’s our policy” as if their policy is higher than the law. Very sad. I’m only 19 years old by the way and they approved me for 150k worth of auto loans and my Each of my vehicle payments Were over $800 a month. I will never be financing a vehicle again due to my experience

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

After paying off my 2009 Camry, I noticed inaccurate late payments had been applied to my credit profile. I submitted multiple disputes, and to no avail, each inquiry would result in more fraudulent and fictitious late payments reported being reported to the credit bureaus. To get this situation remedied and/or resolved, I submitted one final dispute on 12/22/2019. The results of the investigation rendered a delinquent status being applied to my paid off account in full. These retaliatory and predatory lending practices has negatively affected my credit worthiness, and quality of life.

As a former loyal customer, I demand a amicable resolution, as I've purchased 2 vehicles from Toyota. I no longer believe Toyota's products, the customer service is horrendous, and the lending practices are unethical. I will never do business with another Toyota establishment again. I've received several invitations and pre-approvals to purchase another vehicle from Toyota. I am not interested. This company needs to be investigated.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Inept customer service cost me money, time, and stress. Two times SETF sent notification letters to me AFTER a due date. First I was sent a notification that I needed to complete a Lessee Affidavit swearing that my vehicle is for personal use only, not business use. They mailed this notification after the due date for the form. I ended being taxed by my county, which cost me over $1000.

The second feat of incompetence came recently, when my car is nearing the end of its lease. I was sent a notification that I’d be contacted by AutoVin for the turn in inspection, around 60 days before the end of my lease. I never got a call from AutoVin and this SETF notice was mailed to me past that time frame and leading into the Christmas/New Year holidays. I wasn’t able to talk with anyone at SETF (after waiting for multiple 1 hour hold times). So now my lease is coming to an end (two weeks), I need to get a new car, and I’m just now getting an appointment with AutoVin (whom I had to call). Terrible and incompetent company. I wouldn’t be surprised if they mail these notifications late to try to get late fees from people.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

No direct number to live support.. In order to speak to a person you have to blindly wade through an automated labyrinth with no logical rhyme or reason.. Next, you have to deal with people that know very little except how to receive a payment...!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Toyota finance did not accept to give me extensions during the coronavirus when I lost my job due to covid 19 and they repo my car while most of the banks give a lot of extensions to their customers, it’s seem to me they making money when they repo the car because I paid 3 years out of my auto loan so all interest rate it’s been paid so if they repo my car they will make the rest of the money right away without waiting for the next 3 years payment on my car, they are such a greedy people who have this policy against their customers. And the customer service so rude if you don’t speak their Alabama accent then they will treat you so bad over the phone and you are not consider to be a human being on the situation we have in our country because they will take advantage on you no matter what’s going on with the coronavirus.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Purchased my 4Runner in Sept. Agreed to "finance" for the $750 military credit. Finally received my notice for payments and website directions. Went to the website to pay off the car. None of the buttons work. All come back as "We are experiencing difficulty. Try back later". So, I try over a week to give them a chance. No joy! So, I use the phone system to obtain my payoff balance and submit that through the website. Get an email noting the payment and that it had been received. However, no evidence on the account online that any payment has been made. Try the "contact us" button - you can fill in the spots but nothing sends. Called and the wait is 30 minutes. So, while waiting I thought I'd submit a few reviews. Feel free to buy a Toyota but DO NOT use TFS. They do not have their act together. Totally slipshod. If it weren't associated with the vehicle I would have posted this as a scam.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

I leased a vehicle via Toyota Financial Services, all payments made on time and I had never even had the need to contact TFS over the 14 months I had been making payments on time. Then suddenly and unexpectedly I was laid off. I called TFS to see if it was possible to defer a payment or two until I had steady income coming in. TFS claimed that in order to defer a payment I would need to pay a $150 fee in advance.

Im sorry but if a customer has made all payments on time and is proactive in seeking assistance rather than defaulting on all payments then I think it be advantageous to allow this fee to be included with the scheduled deferred payment. What genius executive came up with this needs to be terminated and hired at a debt collection firm where that sort of poor business acumen and ideology would be accepted.

Absolutely ridiculous and it shows a customer where they stand and what little value they have. My suggestion is steer clear of Toyota Financial Services and Toyota as a whole seeing how they are part of Toyota. Toyota makes a great product but what's the incentive in purchasing if you are simply an account number and if and when a bad situation might occur you will be left out to dry like a red headed step child. I learned the hard way and will never even consider a Toyota product again.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Toyota Financial Services was managing my Lexus Lease. I doubt many people will read this before deciding to lease a Lexus. All I can say is that they do not treat their clients well. They are a terrible company with egregious customer service. Lease another luxury car if you can.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I have been a Toyota customer for years, with good experiences with the sales department. I just had a car accident (another driver ran a red light), and my 2020 Yaris (driven 450 km) was a total loss. I lease my cars from Toyota. I don’t drive many miles, and I trade my cars in after 4 years. My new monthly lease payment is always reduced by the equity on my trade-in. The equity reflected in my lease payments on the 2020 Yaris was $2200, though I’m sure Toyota profited more than this. Insurance paid Toyota the full replacement value of my 2020 Yaris, but Toyota is refusing to apply the equity which it enjoyed to my new lease payments, or to refund the equity.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

Me and my wife bought a new Toyota in June 2019. We got it financed through Toyota Financial. Never had a problem until July, August and September of 2020. I got a email about my credit report that said that Toyota reported that I was 30 days late on my payment for each of the last 3 months. I sent them proof from my Toyota account that showed every month was paid on time (even tho they can see that) and I sent proof from my bank that showed it. I asked them if they could remove those from my credit report since I showed plenty of proof that it was paid on time. They denied it and said nothing they could do. So now I have 3 remarks on my credit report that dropped my score over 50 points. I’ll probably just refinance my loan somewhere else even if I do have to pay more a month.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

My family and I have driven Toyotas our entire lives. The cars are great but Toyota Financial's customer service center is so very horrific (and in every possible way) that I will not buy another Toyota again. That is how frustrated I am. The customer care people don't know what they're talking about. Their automated service is horrific. And there's no one you can write to. They supposedly have an email service, and you write and wait for them to write you back and guess what? An automatic generated message is delivered that basically tells you to call. The call center gave me the wrong information! This is utter disrespect for your customers, to not have a means of helping them! All I want to do is make an international payment and no one can help me. It's utterly infuriating.

I'm calling long distance and it takes me forever to get through and one false move they cut you off and you have to start all over again. And when you get someone they give you the wrong information. I've always had a hard time with their service but this time, I AM DONE. And there's no one you can write to. You just lost a life time customer Toyota. All because you don't care about the quality of the customer service you're giving me.

Original review: July 30, 2020

Returned a 2014 RAV4 and forgot to include the cargo cover. Called 2 days later asking to return it, denied the request. Receive an invoice in the mail stating it would be $500 to replace the part. Upon inspection on the Toyota parts website, the MSRP on the part is $130 which we would have been happy to pay. Phone rep lied to us, stating that the price of $130 is if you want an extra cargo cover, but the initial part cost them $500. If they bought one to replace the missing one after we turned it in, it would have cost them $130. They said they would review and get back to us. It's now been 4 months of not hearing from them and today we get a call that we still owe $500. Not happening and we're not paying. Reporting this to the BBB. Do not consider Toyota for your lease options.

Toyota Financial Services Company Information