4.8/5 (80 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About RefiJet

RefiJet is an auto loan refinancing company. The company works with a national network of lenders and connects customers to the best lender for their needs. Customers are assigned a personal consultant to help in the process. This includes pre-qualification and application paperwork. RefiJet works with a wide variety of credit scores, so even if you have a poor credit history, you can still potentially qualify.

Pros

• Works with low-credit applicants
  • Pre-qualify without a hard credit pull
  • Personal guidance throughout process

Cons

• Older cars aren’t eligible
  • Long list of requirements

Bottom Line

RefiJet is a car loan refinancing company. It helps customers pre-qualify for loans, even those with lower credit scores. There are many requirements, but a personal expert is there to guide you every step of the way.

What is RefiJet?

RefiJet is an auto loan refinancing company. The company itself is not a direct lender. Instead, RefiJet works with a network of lenders to help customers find their best option. The company aims to make the process of finding a refinancing loan a simple task.

Along with cars, RefiJet covers several other vehicle types, including trucks, motorcycles and recreational vehicles. The company doesn’t accept vehicles over 10 years old or with more than 150,000 miles. RefiJet accepts co-borrowers so that those with a poor credit history can add someone with better credit to bolster their application.

How does RefiJet work?

With RefiJet, you're matched with a financial expert that helps guide you through the process from beginning to end. This includes everything from applying for pre-qualification to completing application paperwork for a lender. Customers have to do little more than provide documentation and other necessary information.

The process starts with your personal financial expert reviewing all of your information. Next, you apply for pre-qualification, which takes only a few minutes and doesn’t affect your credit score. Once you’re pre-qualified, your expert lays out all the lending options available to you. From there, you can choose the lender that best suits your needs. Your financial expert submits your application, and if you're approved, they'll explain the loan details and give you the necessary loan documents.

To apply, you need to have a job or other steady income source. You also need to have a history of on-time recent car payments, a valid driver’s license and registration and full insurance coverage on the vehicle.

RefiJet rates

There’s no fee associated with using RefiJet. Customers can look into the loan options available to them with no financial commitment. Once you’ve pre-qualified for refinancing, your financial expert goes over your lending options, including fees and monthly payments. Your rates and other costs depend on various criteria, like your credit history, employment situation, your vehicle and other factors. According to RefiJet, rates start at 2.49% at the time of publishing.

RefiJet FAQ

How do you refinance a car with RefiJet?
Refinancing a car with RefiJet is simple. You speak with one of the company’s financial experts to learn about the options available to you. From there, they help you pre-qualify for refinancing. Finally, you’re presented with options, and you choose the loan that’s right for you.
How much can I save on my car loan with RefiJet?
On average, RefiJet customers save about $150 a month, according to the company.
What are the eligibility requirements for RefiJet?
There are a few eligibility requirements for RefiJet, including that you have:
  • Employment or a verifiable source of income
  • A record of on-time car payments
  • A vehicle that’s 10 years old or newer, with fewer than 150,000 miles
  • Full insurance coverage on the vehicle
  • Valid vehicle registration
  • A valid driver’s license
What documents do I need to provide for a RefiJet refinance?
The documents you should have include:
  • Driver’s license
  • Proof of insurance
  • Registration
  • Proof of income (e.g., W-2 form, tax returns, pay stubs)
  • Proof of residence (e.g., utility bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement)
  • Vehicle title, if you hold it in your state
What types of vehicles can I refinance with RefiJet?
RefiJet refinances loans for personal vehicles including cars, trucks, motorcycles and RVs.
Does RefiJet do a hard credit pull?
RefiJet does not do a hard credit pull. When you apply for pre-qualification, the company performs a soft credit pull, which doesn’t affect your credit. Once you choose a lending option, the specific lender conducts a hard credit pull.

Is RefiJet legit?

RefiJet is a legitimate option for those looking to refinance their car loan, no matter the credit type. Using RefiJet allows you to speak with a personal consultant, pre-qualify, shop around for loans and select the loan that’s right for you. To get started, you can call or fill out the form on the company’s website.

RefiJet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RefiJet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RefiJet?

Original review: May 16, 2022

Working with RefiJet was ridiculously easy. I was paying like a gazillion percent of my credit. Somebody financed my truck, and I was paying like 24% for seven years. I saw a thing from one of my credit monitoring things and it asked if I wanted to check on refinancing. So, I filled it out and about a week later, I started to get bombarded with messages to call companies saying, "Your money's waiting for you." But RefiJet called me up and asked what I was looking to do. I probably paid attention for 10 seconds of this. Ari, the guy that was helping me, took the bull by the horns. They took care of everything for me and got me down from 24% down to 11%. I didn't care about having to pay more. I just wanted the year shortened and drop it down to four years.

RefiJet had really easy links to upload all the paperwork and documentation I had to get in into their system and it was seamless. They got me set up with the new company. We got down to four years and a better interest rate. I'm paying 100 bucks less a month and that was just a bonus. The way they handled everything was they have different stages where my main guy that took care of finding me the financing took me through it the whole way through. Then, it went to the people that needed to help me get the documentation I needed. It's so simple. It was a very good experience.

Get buying tips about Car Loan Refinancing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2022

The rep, Ari, took a lot of my basic info and then, I did some documents. So, everything went great. Even though RefiJet does refi with cash out for cars, that’s something that’s not done that frequently. So, there were some steps later that came up that I just had to do, even though the process was started and basically competed, because of the refi that they weren't aware of. But I had no issues with that. It was just some simple things for the value of the car. Other than that, everything went smoothly. I was very happy with the rate and terms. Once I started hearing on the news that the rates might go up is where I jumped on and tried to do it early before it got even higher.

I work a lot, so after the initial conversation, a lot of the communication was through email and text, which I was completely okay with. There were a few times I had to reach out and call Ari. And the great thing with calling everybody nowadays, you always tend to be playing phone tag with the voicemails, but he was always there, always picked up. Conversations were quick and he answered my calls. I, myself, work in a customer service industry. So, it's nice to have a live person to speak to and get your questions answered. And Ari was definitely more personable and interested in helping me and going through the process and I didn't feel just like another customer. He made it feel like he wanted my business and wanted to help and wanted to make sure the process was smooth.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

There was an initial person who called me and got information from me about what we were looking for. Then he turned me over to a loan officer whose name was Jordan and he walked me through the process with RefiJet. He was very straightforward in business and professional. He took care of things and got the ball rolling for us. He always answered his phone and responded to emails. So, he was very easy to reach and he was even contacting me on a Saturday. I was surprised he was in the office or working on a weekend.

I was a little leery because I didn't really know these people and it was a lot of money. But it all seemed to work out. It took about a week or so before everything got finalized and approved. We're in California and they had to FedEx us some documents that we had to physically sign, as opposed to just doing them digitally, and for the DMV, and then sending them back to them. Other than that, it was pretty easy to upload everything on our part and there wasn't that much we had to do. They did a lot of it for us, so I just had to get the buyout information from Lexus, because they wouldn't talk to anybody but us since we have a loan through them, and some basic general information. We had good credit, so I was expecting a low-rate loan and we got one, so we’re happy with the payment options. We were also happy with the terms of agreement and everything was very much to what we wanted to do.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

After I called them, they took my name, my number, then they had another representative to call me back. When they called me back, the guy was so cheerful. He had an upbeat attitude and I'm like, "Okay, cool." So, he's like, "I need a copy. These are the things we're going to do the best decision for you. We're going to find you the lowest rate to refinance your vehicle." I'm like, "Okay." Because I've been having problems. Even I went to my bank and my bank turned me down. And he's like, "Okay, we're gonna help you." He sent me a link, I had to send a copy of my driver's license, proof of insurance, the vehicle, the mileage. And from there, he said, "We're gonna take all of this and we will get back in contact with you."

He called me back a couple of days later, he said, "I got some good news for you and I got some bad news for you." I said, "Well, tell me the bad news first." He said, "It really ain't no bad news. But the good news is we found somebody." The application process was just like heaven 'cause I'm not computer literate. I love the rep because he took his time and walked me through all the steps. He said, "Take a picture of this, take a picture of that so it'll be in your photo gallery. So, when you get ready to upload something, you will have everything in there so you don't have to come out of that screen to come back to this screen." So, I'm like, "Oh, okay." It was so simple.

RefiJet was on point. The rep said, "We're gonna get this taken care of quickly as possible." And I was in the middle of the month and I know the next month was coming. I said, "Well, I need to refinance. Will I have this done before the next payment?" He said, "Yes, ma'am." And he kept his word. Two weeks after that, I had a refi. The rep blessed me. RefiJet did their part and I'm thankful.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

LendingTree gave me a list of possible vendors that have been pre-qualified and RefiJet was the very first one and it actually offered me the lowest APR as far as refinancing. My current APR was 14% and they said I could get up to 5.5%. So I was a little skeptical at first. I eventually got a couple of messages from one of the RefiJet representatives. He asked me to provide information like the serial number on my car and how many miles, and then they would see what they could get for me. So I went ahead with it. Then it took them about a couple of days and they called me back to let me know that they were able to find a credit union that was willing to offer me a 5.5 interest rate on my vehicle, which I went with.

The guy that I originally was speaking with communicated with me through text message. But every time I tried to finish it out with him, he was busy, which I get it. So I ended up calling RefiJet and then the next available representative was able to help me along the way. They were very wonderful and kind. I had to get things notarized and then I messed up the first time, and they were like, “Hey, we need this still.” But I didn't feel pressured. Once I got through, the conversations were wonderful. It was like actually speaking to a human, which was very great. It was a lot more personable.

When I was able to get to somebody, they were very responsive. They would communicate with me a little bit after hours just to say, "Hey, we got your information. We’re looking over it.” Or, “Hey, something was wrong.” So they were very punctual and courteous. They acted like humans but still got the work done. So it was great. Overall, I really enjoyed working with RefiJet. I had a very good experience with them.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I'm saving $4000 less in interest than before. So, I am happy. The finance gentleman was knowledgeable and patient enough to explain things. At first I didn't understand what I was benefitting from. My payments weren't cut in half but, I saved money in the long run..

Original review: April 26, 2022

The process was awesome. It took a day to get approved then four days to get our loan information. The loan officer was really helpful, informative and explained to me in layman's terms what everything meant as far as the new company I was going to pay. He was very good. I also liked the new rate and terms, and the payout went to the other car loan place and the payoff was quick. Refijet is a good company to go through, and I had a really good experience with them.

Original review: April 25, 2022

BEWARE - These people are CROOKS. I paid off my car loan very early and have been attempting to contact them about a refund I am due on both the service contract and GAP insurance I purchased when I financed the vehicle. They owe me over $3000. The extension for their "Cancellations" department does not work; and when you attempt to speak to anyone at another extension, they either hang up on you or leave you on hold for over an hour to no avail. They do not respond to USPS Certified Mail with all necessary documents (including an affidavit) to process the refund either. Basically, they leave you with no option to contact them about a refund due. STAY AWAY - FAR AWAY!

Original review: April 23, 2022

The rep was helpful and RefiJet got me an extended warranty to where my interest rate and payment were reduced. I'm saving $100 a month.

Original review: April 16, 2022

My experience with RefiJet was fabulous. Couldn’t ask for a better service. Very professional and thorough. Jordan, the rep, was so patient with me. Because of a lot of things I didn't know, I had to call back and he explained it so well. He was really awesome. All my payments are great. The length of time of my contract is what I don't like. But I'm gonna suck it up because I went to them. I love them.

RefiJet Company Information