4.8/5 (113 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About RefiJet

RefiJet is an auto loan refinancing company. The company works with a national network of lenders and connects customers to the best lender for their needs. Customers are assigned a personal consultant to help in the process. This includes pre-qualification and application paperwork. RefiJet works with a wide variety of credit scores, so even if you have a poor credit history, you can still potentially qualify.

Pros

• Works with low-credit applicants
  • Pre-qualify without a hard credit pull
  • Personal guidance throughout process

Cons

• Older cars aren’t eligible
  • Long list of requirements

Bottom Line

RefiJet is a car loan refinancing company. It helps customers pre-qualify for loans, even those with lower credit scores. There are many requirements, but a personal expert is there to guide you every step of the way.

What is RefiJet?

RefiJet is an auto loan refinancing company. The company itself is not a direct lender. Instead, RefiJet works with a network of lenders to help customers find their best option. The company aims to make the process of finding a refinancing loan a simple task.

Along with cars, RefiJet covers several other vehicle types, including trucks, motorcycles and recreational vehicles. The company doesn’t accept vehicles over 10 years old or with more than 150,000 miles. RefiJet accepts co-borrowers so that those with a poor credit history can add someone with better credit to bolster their application.

How does RefiJet work?

With RefiJet, you're matched with a financial expert that helps guide you through the process from beginning to end. This includes everything from applying for pre-qualification to completing application paperwork for a lender. Customers have to do little more than provide documentation and other necessary information.

The process starts with your personal financial expert reviewing all of your information. Next, you apply for pre-qualification, which takes only a few minutes and doesn’t affect your credit score. Once you’re pre-qualified, your expert lays out all the lending options available to you. From there, you can choose the lender that best suits your needs. Your financial expert submits your application, and if you're approved, they'll explain the loan details and give you the necessary loan documents.

To apply, you need to have a job or other steady income source. You also need to have a history of on-time recent car payments, a valid driver’s license and registration and full insurance coverage on the vehicle.

RefiJet rates

There’s no fee associated with using RefiJet. Customers can look into the loan options available to them with no financial commitment. Once you’ve pre-qualified for refinancing, your financial expert goes over your lending options, including fees and monthly payments. Your rates and other costs depend on various criteria, like your credit history, employment situation, your vehicle and other factors. According to RefiJet, rates start at 2.49% at the time of publishing.

RefiJet FAQ

How do you refinance a car with RefiJet?
Refinancing a car with RefiJet is simple. You speak with one of the company’s financial experts to learn about the options available to you. From there, they help you pre-qualify for refinancing. Finally, you’re presented with options, and you choose the loan that’s right for you.
How much can I save on my car loan with RefiJet?
On average, RefiJet customers save about $150 a month, according to the company.
What are the eligibility requirements for RefiJet?
There are a few eligibility requirements for RefiJet, including that you have:
  • Employment or a verifiable source of income
  • A record of on-time car payments
  • A vehicle that’s 10 years old or newer, with fewer than 150,000 miles
  • Full insurance coverage on the vehicle
  • Valid vehicle registration
  • A valid driver’s license
What documents do I need to provide for a RefiJet refinance?
The documents you should have include:
  • Driver’s license
  • Proof of insurance
  • Registration
  • Proof of income (e.g., W-2 form, tax returns, pay stubs)
  • Proof of residence (e.g., utility bill, mortgage statement, lease agreement)
  • Vehicle title, if you hold it in your state
What types of vehicles can I refinance with RefiJet?
RefiJet refinances loans for personal vehicles including cars, trucks, motorcycles and RVs.
Does RefiJet do a hard credit pull?
RefiJet does not do a hard credit pull. When you apply for pre-qualification, the company performs a soft credit pull, which doesn’t affect your credit. Once you choose a lending option, the specific lender conducts a hard credit pull.

Is RefiJet legit?

RefiJet is a legitimate option for those looking to refinance their car loan, no matter the credit type. Using RefiJet allows you to speak with a personal consultant, pre-qualify, shop around for loans and select the loan that’s right for you. To get started, you can call or fill out the form on the company’s website.

RefiJet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about RefiJet?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

RefiJet had me, when I first bought the car, a ridiculous rate of 24%. But my credit score is getting better. When Brace called me, he was very professional and knew his numbers. I was impressed with him. And the fact that he didn't pressure me. He said, “If you're still interested, then keep in contact with me and let me know what you've decided.” And we went back and forth. He walked me through it. I sent him all the things he asked me for. And he got right back to me. He didn't drop the ball at all. He's the best. And he's a nice guy.

I'm making a life change decision here. I've got people who don't know what they're talking about, or they pretend they do. And when I go to sign up, it's nothing like they said it would, and I couldn't get out of it. So, I'm very cautious about people that know their stuff, because I did a lot of research myself about what he told me. I've talked to a lot of different guys for refinance because I was inundated with people sending me stuff. I had to turn my phone off. But Brace was also very consistent and very persistent. I liked that. Even now, when I send Brace stuff, because I have this contact information, he just writes back to me. Even though I'm already signed up, he doesn't drop me like some companies do, like, “Oh, you're just a number.” I don't feel that with this guy. He likes his people. I was looking at others, but I didn't find the things that RefiJet offers with the warranty. It cost money for that. I understand that. I'm very happy with them.

Get buying tips about Car Loan Refinancing delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I found RefiJet through NerdWallet. I worked with a woman named Whitney. She was absolutely fantastic. I have a very strong personality. I am 30 years old. I've been in the IT industry for 10 years. I work in project management. I just graduated with my master's degree. So when I sit down to do anything financial, I mean business. I don't want to hear the riff-raff. When I put in an inquiry through NerdWallet, I got a call from another company. The guy was super, super rude. But the next morning, I got a call from RefiJet and I said, "Okay. I know you got my info from NerdWallet, from the thing I submitted. I know there's nothing better. I know you can't help. Thank you for your time." But then she said, "I can help, though, like I promise I can help." I told her that I was cooking dinner and asked her if we could connect in about half an hour. She said, "Take your time. I'm working from home. I work all day. I'll call you back in an hour."

She called me back in an hour and we went over every detail and it was very businesslike, like my interest percent, when my loan is through, and what I want to do and what my vehicle is. She went through everything very quickly and put everything as I was talking to her. Then she shot me back an interest rate that was 2% on the dot lower than what I was paying before. She was super nice. She sent me a UPS label for my documents and walked me through how to sign them. Then RefiJet had another representative call me for signing the documents. He was so friendly and nice in the process. He walked me through signing the pages as almost as if I was there in person. We went through them altogether and made sure they were all signed correctly. It was an amazing process. They added the service back in customer service.

Original review: May 14, 2022

The rep, Ari, took a lot of my basic info and then, I did some documents. So, everything went great. Even though RefiJet does refi with cash out for cars, that’s something that’s not done that frequently. So, there were some steps later that came up that I just had to do, even though the process was started and basically competed, because of the refi that they weren't aware of. But I had no issues with that. It was just some simple things for the value of the car. Other than that, everything went smoothly. I was very happy with the rate and terms. Once I started hearing on the news that the rates might go up is where I jumped on and tried to do it early before it got even higher.

I work a lot, so after the initial conversation, a lot of the communication was through email and text, which I was completely okay with. There were a few times I had to reach out and call Ari. And the great thing with calling everybody nowadays, you always tend to be playing phone tag with the voicemails, but he was always there, always picked up. Conversations were quick and he answered my calls. I, myself, work in a customer service industry. So, it's nice to have a live person to speak to and get your questions answered. And Ari was definitely more personable and interested in helping me and going through the process and I didn't feel just like another customer. He made it feel like he wanted my business and wanted to help and wanted to make sure the process was smooth.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I chose RefiJet based on consumer reviews. I read the reviews and they were the highest rated. I also spoke to a guy who was very knowledgeable, and he convinced me to move forward with refinancing my vehicle. I asked Ari, the person who helped me at RefiJet, how long the process would take and he told me that we will be able to take care of things within two weeks. However, there were some documents that I had to get ready and fax. Still, the process didn't take more than a month, and I am happy with the rates. It was something that we that we spoke about beforehand. Based on the information I provided, Ari told me that there were a couple of providers that he put me in contact with and we both chose the one that we thought was gonna be our best bet. That was really good.

I have a lot of things that I want to do that I need to get done. My schedule is busy and Ari was really reassuring throughout the whole process. He let me know that he was gonna be able to take care of all the stuff that I needed to take care of. I found it easy to upload documents, and as soon as I submitted them, Ari updated me on the whole process as he went around. Almost every day until I got my refinance, I was in contact with him, which really gave me peace of mind knowing that somebody was working on it. I have recommended RefiJet to friends.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

There was an initial person who called me and got information from me about what we were looking for. Then he turned me over to a loan officer whose name was Jordan and he walked me through the process with RefiJet. He was very straightforward in business and professional. He took care of things and got the ball rolling for us. He always answered his phone and responded to emails. So, he was very easy to reach and he was even contacting me on a Saturday. I was surprised he was in the office or working on a weekend.

I was a little leery because I didn't really know these people and it was a lot of money. But it all seemed to work out. It took about a week or so before everything got finalized and approved. We're in California and they had to FedEx us some documents that we had to physically sign, as opposed to just doing them digitally, and for the DMV, and then sending them back to them. Other than that, it was pretty easy to upload everything on our part and there wasn't that much we had to do. They did a lot of it for us, so I just had to get the buyout information from Lexus, because they wouldn't talk to anybody but us since we have a loan through them, and some basic general information. We had good credit, so I was expecting a low-rate loan and we got one, so we’re happy with the payment options. We were also happy with the terms of agreement and everything was very much to what we wanted to do.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

RefiJet was quick to respond and got the job done quickly. The application process was simple and easy. The rates were good too. RefiJet met my needs and I'd use them again.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

All in all, the process took almost a month, but that was on purpose because I was adding additional funds down. RefiJet was awesome. The first part of the process took 24 hours. Then when I deposited the funds, it took another 24 and it was done. What they were asking for was easy. The communication was amazing. They were texting if I needed something. Another thing that was nice was I could email or even text the one person that I worked with which made life so much simpler. Refying auto loans can be a real pain but it was simple with RefiJet. They were transparent on the rate. They also gave me a couple of options with banks.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

This was the easiest loan process I had ever went through with the vehicle. I thought it was gonna be a pain in the rear end but RefiJet made the experience very easy. Everything was done online. The rep was very helpful. He answered all my questions.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

RefiJet was one of the top companies and they had a lot of good reviews so I gave them a call. The experience was pretty easy. They answered the questions I had and most of them were answered fast. Everything went online with the process. They sent me everything I needed to send back to them. I sent those back and the person that was helping me would keep in touch if I needed anything else. Everything went smoothly.

My interest rate was not bad but what really got me was I was able to purchase an extended warranty. They had a really good deal since my car was brand new. They gave me a really good extended warranty with a lot more coverage than what the dealership was selling at that time. I would recommend RefiJet. Give them a call and see the options they have. For me, it worked out really well.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

The rep I worked with was Fred. He was great. He called me one time. He said, "What's the best way to communicate?" I told him I would prefer text because I was super busy with work. Communication with him was almost daily. The reason that I went with him is 'cause when I did the LendingTree, my phone was blowing up with people calling and it was getting to a point where I was like, “I'm not even gonna try and refinance anymore.” It was so frustrating. I told him that I was still getting inundated with calls. He sent me the link through LendingTree to get removed from that. He was really a great representative. The whole process through RefiJet was really a great experience.

RefiJet Company Information