toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The rep I spoke to was awesome. If I ever had to leave her a voicemail, she got back to me within the hour. Any questions my husband or I had throughout the process, she would call anytime and was very knowledgeable about where she does the whole process. If she didn’t know, she made the correct calls. She knew what her resources were. The overall experience was awesome. I would definitely do it again with Nationstar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to refinance to lower interest rate. I went with Nationstar since there was no appraisal. The process was really simple and I recommend them. There’d never been any trouble with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar was my mortgage holder. I wanted a lower payment and they had several options for me to pick from and so I refinanced with them. I didn’t have to wonder about what was happening for they told me everything that I needed to know and they seemed to be knowledgeable. They gave me some good advice and were able to explain what they were. I felt comfortable that they had the option that I needed to pick. They helped me with budgeting and gave me a little bit of breathing room.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Refinancing with Nationstar was wonderful. I just love my agent who I dealt with. He was very knowledgeable, courteous, speedy, and awesome. He made it very easy for me as he had all the forms ready. He told me what the options were and what was best for me. He was very clear and firm. It was probably one of the fastest refinances I've ever heard of.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar purchased my prior mortgage from my original lender. When I refinanced with them, I spoke with the financial adviser and it went really good. She worked with the Greenlight loan with me, refinanced my VA loan and dropped it down almost 2% from what it was. It’s been a pleasant and easy-going experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationstar Mortgage?

Nationstar Mortgage

We'd like to address your concerns regarding the taxes for the account. We're reviewing the account to see what causing the issue and to ensure the taxes have been paid out. A member of our team will follow up privately as well. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I refinanced my primary residence with Nationstar and took equity out to pay off a previous Nationstar Loan on a second property. Nationstar incorrectly paid the county taxes on the second property, for which I no longer hold a mortgage with them AND did not pay the county taxes on my primary residence. After 7 calls over 3 months, including calls to their consumer affairs office, the county still does not have the taxes for the primary residence and now the county to which they said they paid taxes is telling me they haven't been paid.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our mortgage got sold to Nationstar. Then they called me about my interest rate. I had very good interaction with their reps. I was given good advice. They convinced me it was the right thing to do even if I'm a little conservative. It was a very easy experience.

Nationstar Mortgage

The transfer process can be frustrating. Sorry to hear you've had an issue with the insurance due to the transfer. We're currently reviewing the account to see how we can help. A member of our team will follow up privately to further assist. Thanks! -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Our mortgage was sold to them Oct 1 2016. In November I get a notice from our insurance company that Nationstar has not paid our homeowners insurance. The escrow money was transferred over. Not a good way to gain the trust of a new customer.

Greenlight Loans and Nationstar Mortgage made my refinancing experience very smooth and fast. Both of the reps I worked with as the mortgage rep and the closing coordinator were very helpful, efficient and pleasant to work with. I highly recommend using Nationstar & Greenlight for your handling your mortgage transaction as professional customer service type company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We’ve been dealing with Nationstar for quite some time. I’ve gotten letters in the mail about the mortgage but I haven’t spoken to Nationstar one-on-one about it at all. But overall, I am satisfied with Nationstar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar bought our mortgage from Bank of America. They have high quality professionals and their guidance has always been good. They've been nothing but nice and helpful and I don't have any complaints at all. Their billing is always prompt and they're always courteous over the phone. I can trust them.

Nationstar Mortgage

We'd be glad to look further into the issues you experienced during the refinance process. Please reply privately with details so we can further assist. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

I can honestly say that I've never encountered more incompetence in my life! Between the inaccuracies in my documents from beginning to end, the response I received from Nationstar which was slow and unapologetic for all of the issues that were occurring, I would highly recommend going anywhere else for financing. Never again!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My back has some really bad issues. I've got a disc disease and it does not feel well so I've had several surgeries. With the money that we paid for all the different procedures that I've had done and the amount of money we paid for the pharmaceutical medication, it's been outrageous. And then we had to re-pipe our house which cost us a lot of money too. So my husband said we need to do something to change things. Nationstar Mortgage came easier on us so we wanted to refinance and they helped us out. The person who came was nice. She gave us a lot of guidance and she did a good job.

Nationstar Mortgage

We've noted your concerns with the escrow account and are eager to help out. It is our goal to make every attempt to resolve your concerns. A member of our team will follow up privately to further assist. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

In October, 2016 I completed a streamlined refinance with Nationstar Mortgage. As a result of the refinance, my new monthly payment was reduced to $1,975. Shortly after the closing, I received a notice from Nationstar indicating that I have an escrow shortage of $5,979.97. This raised my monthly payment to $2,500 (the monthly payment prior to refinancing). I have called Nationstar on numerous occasions since October for answers as to why I have such a significant escrow shortage in my account after the refinance. I have not received any answers or explanations. I am fed up with Nationstar. Every time I call I spend more than an hour on the phone with no resolution. This experience with Nationstar has been atrocious.

I reached out to Nationstar regarding a refinance. Robert ** initiated the process and held my hand every step of the way as needed. He sent my work over to Kelly **. He said she was excellent to work with. That was an understatement. She was super excellent. I have closed on many properties over the years. Their excellence exceeded my expectation. These two employees more than meet the standard of practice. They exceed it 150%. Thank you again for a job well done Robert and Kelly.

We have been very pleased with the Nationstar refinance process. It was a simplified process. Some of it was on the phone, computer and what was most appreciated was the Closing Notary brought all the final papers to our home. This made the completed process seamless. Thank you Nationstar.

Nationstar Mortgage

Delays can be frustrating and we're sorry to hear you of your experience with the check disbursement. Our team's reviewed the account and provided an update for you privately. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

A check was mailed to your office, YOU as my mortgage company, on October 31, 2016. The check is not mailed back to me until today, November 19th...! Very poor action... I'm frustrated already!!! I called almost more than 10 times already! Just to sign the check, it will take a month for you to do that. It is a claim not from you but from another company. You just have to sign it!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar Mortgage is my current mortgage company and I've been with them for a few years. I did a refinance online and it was done in less than a month. The process was fast and easy. They called me and told me what I needed so I sent the paperwork in and they took care of it right away. Everything has been good. Their guidance was perfect.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bank of America sold off my loan to Nationstar Mortgage. I was gonna pay it off and was never gonna refinance but then I changed my mind. I had very good interaction with the Nationstar reps during my refinancing. They were friendly. Nationstar provided very good guidance and they've cut my interest rate in half. It was right on point and they're very good professionals. I recommend Nationstar Mortgage to anybody who needs to get refinanced.

Overall I am very satisfied with my experience at Nationstar and the only reason I did not give a 5 star rating is some of the of the additional services that are offered. I have tried on several occasions to enter into the mortgage acceleration program. I can never get through to anyone and always end with the call getting disconnected. I have waited more than 30 minutes on hold on two occasions with disconnections. I have not tried again. Other than that, I would rate Nationstar tops!

Nationstar Mortgage

We first would like to apologize for any frustration the modification process may have caused. We're reviewing the account now in regards to the appeal you've submitted. A member of our team will follow up privately to help out. Thanks! -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

I have now applied for two loan modifications that were both denied. I recently got divorced and got behind on expense because of my ex's late alimony payments. I was struggling to make ends meet and was making less than half of the income I had while married. I applied for a loan modification the first time and was denied because the debt to income ration was too high, but they include your current payment in that factor. I luckily got an amazing promotion that significantly increased my income but I still had to get caught up on past expenses and late mortgage payments so I applied for a modification again with my new gross income and expenses and they then stated I make too much money now.

I was told that they based my income off my paychecks and one of two of them had some paid time off I cashed in to catch up bills and they did not bother to actually review the paycheck stub or they would have realized that was not my usual income. They are offering me a payment arrangement that will increase my monthly mortgage payment by nearly $400 for the next year. The other option was to refile for a modification. I have spoken with several reps who have been less than helpful and I am starting to think that they are not interested in trying to help the customers, they are more interested in profit.

I am appealing the current denial because of the income being factored incorrectly which was never even offered to me as an option until I did research into other people who have had similar experiences. I just want to be able to keep and afford my home and I don't think they are interested in helping me with that. They are not transparent in their processes which would help customers out tremendously. I am hoping the appeals process will lead to a different outcome but at this point I have little faith in their business practices.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mortgage was transferred to Nationstar. Their staff had been very helpful and friendly. They came to the house to do the closing and everything went smooth. Since refinancing with them I got lower interest rate and lower payments and mortgage gets paid off quicker. They explained the 30-year and the 15-year refinancing options and I decided to go with the 15-year. They did everything they said they'd do and they did it real quick. Everything was done within two weeks. I am very pleased with the help and I loved the quickness of the refinance.

Easy, quick, kept us informed of process and progress of our loan. The documents requested were minimal. When it came time to review the documents all our questions were answered and reassured of the progress and process. Yes, I would recommend Nationstar.

Everything went smooth with my refi and I really appreciate the great service. The initial agent was great and he got the ball rolling, and the underwriter Danielle took over and everything went smooth. Couldn't be happier. Thank you so much.

I appreciated prompt response and personal communication by phone by representatives. The process was quick and thorough. The rate was competitive and being an existing customer of Nationstar, the billing process was seamless. I would definitely use Nationstar again in the future.

I had a great experience. There were some glitches in closing on time. It ended up being about a week and a half late. But, otherwise, it was like clockwork. Everyone from the initial sales person to the closer was friendly, efficient and professional. Overall it was a great experience!

Everyone I dealt with was courteous and professional. They did a remarkable job of making everything easy for me. All documentation was done electronically until the actual final signing for Escrow closing. Both Kyle **, Mortgage Professional and Nick **, Loan Processor of Nationstar, Irving, Texas, did everything in their power to make it ease and convenient for me. They answered emails quickly and answered all my questions and concerns. I can't say enough about their professionalism.

I refinanced my mortgage with Nationstar. I started the procedure on the 1st of September and was told that it could possibly take 2 or 3 months to complete. It actually took a little over a month. All the loan officers that I dealt with were very friendly and knowledgeable. The service they gave was excellent and I would definitely recommend Nationstar to my family and friends.

Nationstar Mortgage

We're sorry to hear about the escrow issue you experienced with the homeowner's insurance. We have reviewed the account and provided an update privately. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

Refinanced in February with Freedom Mortgage. Made 1 mortgage payment and got sold to Nationstar Mortgage. Everything was going fine, we were making our monthly payments with automatic debit. In October we received our escrow analysis indicating we were short. After reviewing they included our homeowners insurance, which we pay outright, not part of our mortgage payment. Called Nationstar and said they were sending out a new analysis (it is now the middle of November and still haven't received it). They paid our homeowners insurance, which they shouldn't have and wanted us to call to get it back. It was their error, you contact them.

On top of everything they told us we were a month ahead on our payments. How can that be? Arguing with customer service telling them they were wrong. It got to the point, we asked to be transferred to a supervisor. They went ahead and took, what they say, our new payment is out of our account. We called again! They reversed it and never took out the true amount. This month I paid via check (screw the automatic debit, not having access to our account). Go online to view payment amount, it's indicating new rate. WTH? I overnighted my payment (the correct amount) and now system shows we still owe. I'm hoping I don't see a late fee.

Oh, and still no new analysis! Send emails nobody gets back to you, they give you an extension that you can never reach. Every time you call, it's a different state they're located in, they can't transfer you the person you want. This is unacceptable for a company. We've had a mortgage for over 20 years and never, ever had a company like this. What's a shame is we got sold to this company and they are screwing with people's money. In order for me to find a new mortgage company, I'll have to go through the crap I did before with all the paperwork and money going out. I want out!

Our home and debt consolidation loan - Elliott ** & Juan **, with Greenlight Loans are excellent. I am also very please with the way Nationstar and Greenlight assisted my family in a time of need. I recommend them heartily.

Nationstar Mortgage Company Profile