Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to lower my interest and payments and the reps at Nationstar were very efficient and pleasant during the refinancing. They had the information that I requested at their fingertips. I got a lowered interest and a lowered payment, and they didn't have to come in and check the current value of the home. The two gentlemen who I dealt with over the phone and the internet were terrific and the young lady who was with the title company that Nationstar used was also fantastic.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The rep I spoke to was awesome. If I ever had to leave her a voicemail, she got back to me within the hour. Any questions my husband or I had throughout the process, she would call anytime and was very knowledgeable about where she does the whole process. If she didn’t know, she made the correct calls. She knew what her resources were. The overall experience was awesome. I would definitely do it again with Nationstar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to refinance to lower interest rate. I went with Nationstar since there was no appraisal. The process was really simple and I recommend them. There’d never been any trouble with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar was my mortgage holder. I wanted a lower payment and they had several options for me to pick from and so I refinanced with them. I didn’t have to wonder about what was happening for they told me everything that I needed to know and they seemed to be knowledgeable. They gave me some good advice and were able to explain what they were. I felt comfortable that they had the option that I needed to pick. They helped me with budgeting and gave me a little bit of breathing room.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar bought out one of my mortgages. They came through and refinanced on a house that other people say I didn't qualify for. They were supposed to finance a second one but we ran into a little problem and haven't heard from them in a couple of weeks. It's the longest I've been without hearing from them. Derek was the one who informed me of my refinancing options and he’s very good. I was coming out of my pocket before the refinance and Nationstar got the rates down so that I'm pretty much breaking even now which is cool. Overall, my experience with Nationstar was very good.

I cannot say enough about Chris ** at Nationstar. From the first conversation we had I knew if anyone could help me refinance my home it would be him. Chris was courteous, efficient, knowledgeable, and worked hard on my behalf. Fidel ** assisted with the closing of the loan and getting all the correct paperwork in order and processed. His efforts made the difference. I would highly recommend Nationstar to friends and family.

Mr. Cooper

I would like to look into this for you. I am unable to locate your account number based on the information provided. I will reach out to you at the phone number included with this submission to discuss your concern. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you. ^Patricia

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

It has been nothing but a kick in the solar plexus to deal with NationStar… Every single month there is a reason they must be called to correct an error on their part. I have NEVER missed a payment and yet consistently having problems with them. Then, talking to agents is much like dealing with elementary kids who have absolutely no idea what they are even doing and show very little respect to the customer - talking over, yelling, hanging up, put on hold in the middle of a sentence… Time to refinance with a local bank or credit union.

Nationstar is one of the few places of business where I can talk to someone who is knowledgeable about the subject of interest, and where I have never been passed off to another person.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am with Nationstar Mortgage all the time. I refinanced my mortgage because I wanted to go with fixed rates. Their reps were very professional and everything is wonderful and perfect. I like Beau the broker who interviewed me and his assistant Kathy. The title company that they arranged was really good too. I'm satisfied with Nationstar and I am happy because there is no need to be concerned about the rate increase and that's fair enough even though the rate is not lower.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Cooper?

I highly suggest to anyone considering a home loan or refinance to look no further than Nationstar Mortgage. They are my current loan provider, and from the first phone call I made to them, the detailed service, as well as loan options and education and answers, the process was incredibly smooth and comfortable for me, as an amateur knowledge on home loan person. The people I worked with there were very personable and extremely thorough at the same time. I am very happy with my new loan, and I will always go to Nationstar Mortgage in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to work for a mortgage broker who did our mortgage before I worked for him. We got our mortgage from Nationstar then we refinanced with them because of the lower interest rate. Also, because I wanted to reduce the term of the loan. Everything was done on the phone until the very last day. It was very professional from the moment I called them until the date we finished everything. They were very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. We had a very good experience and I was really surprised how quick it went. I highly recommend them to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar bought out my mortgage from Countrywide and I also refinanced with them. Dealing with their reps have gone very well and they provided very good guidance during the refinancing discussion. They told me that I only owed 19 years on my 30-year mortgage and that I could knock out 4 years and still have a lower payment with the interest rate. So now I have a 15-year mortgage and my payment went down $35. It’s been a very good experience and I’m very happy with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I saw that Nationstar Mortgage really worried about my mortgage and insurance. They really got to me about that so I decided to refinance with them. The treatment I got from their reps was good. The guy who went to my house to sign the paper was a gentleman and really nice. Also, I always find somebody to talk to and when I call or email them with a question, I get an answer right away. They knew how to answer my questions and were really professional. I was trying with HSBC bank and they made it so hard for me. I had to go to people who never answered me anything and when I leave a voicemail, they never get back to me. But it was totally different with Nationstar. They really helped to go through the process, gave me accurate information, everything was easy and I had no headache. I had a beautiful experience and I'm glad that I chose Nationstar.

When I thought about refinancing our home to lower the interest and make our payments easier for us to manage, I admit that I was very nervous about the process. When I first called Nationstar and talked to Tom ** I was immediately put at ease. He walked me through the entire application process with the greatest of ease. I was then contacted by the loan processor Cindy ** who proved to be just as helpful and knowledgeable as Tomas was. All in all they made the refinancing go very smoothly and pain free. I will definitely recommend these very knowledgeable people to anyone I know looking to buy or refinance a home. Thanks again to Nationstar and two of their great employees!!!

Ms. ** and Mr. ** both made my refinance experience with Nationstar easier. They were professional, friendly, knowledgeable and their responses were timely. I was kept informed through the process. I would strongly recommend Ms. **, Mr. **, and Nationstar to my friend for all their Mortgage needs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've already had Nationstar as my mortgage company for 10 years since my mortgage was sold to them. The first time I did a refinance with them, it was awful. They kept on asking me, “What’s that in your checking account? What was that deposit for?” Then I kept giving them the same information four or five times. I just went around in circles until I finally gave up.

However, this last time was outstanding. I was very reluctant about doing it, but they reassured me that this would not be the same. They told me what information I would need and exactly how expedient the process would be. And they were right, it was a quick experience. The representative came to the house for the closing and to sign the papers which was good. The experience was unbelievable and totally different. There was none of that hassle and harassment. One of the benefits of the refinance was I got to skip one month's payment. The other benefit was I was able to go down to a 15-year mortgage with a lower interest rate so it was better. It was customer-oriented and most pleasing experience.

Mr. Cooper

Hello, I have located your account based on the information you have provided as part of your Consumer Affairs submission. I am in the process of reviewing your assertion and will reach out to you at the phone number listed on your account within five days.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact us at 1.888.509.2432. Thank you. ^Patricia

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I recently refinanced with Freedom Mortgage through Nationstar. I was told the two companies work together and that even though my loan would be refinanced by Freedom Mortgage my account would remain with Nationstar. That was a lie! My loan went to Freedom Mortgage, but only for 2 months then it was sold back to Nationstar. Needless to say the transaction back to Nationstar hasn't been pleasant. A little more month before my first payment was due with Nationstar (August 1) I checked my account online to make sure all was right with my loan. It wasn't! My loan amount was nearly $1,000 higher than it was suppose to be and my escrow balance was off too. I called back in June to address the issue and was told a research request was filed and I'd hear back in 7-10 day. I didn't hear back so I called again, yet other research request was filed. Another 10 days passed and nothing, not a word (no phone call or email or letter - NOTHING).

So I called again and was told a different department (the AK department) needed to investigate the discrepancy and that a request would be filed with them; still NOTHING! Now we are almost 2 months later and my monthly payments are being deducted on the wrong loan amount. Also, mind you, during a couple of the other 20 some odd phone calls I've made to Nationstar I've had managers call and confirm with Freedom Mortgage what my loan amount is and what my escrow account should be but still no changes have been made! I've even had a Nationstar customer service agent confirm that they received documentation on July 11 from Freedom Mortgage the correct loan amount and escrow balance but they still cannot explain why those numbers aren't reflected on my account!!

This company is thefting me of +$1,000 and must think the longer they drag their feet the less I'll pursue the matter. They are wrong, I'm determined to call every day if I have to and even seek legal resolutions. If someone was behind that kind of money I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate for one second to demand it immediately; I'm sick of hearing 7-10 days and still getting no response after months! It is ridiculous and unacceptable!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar’s representatives were all very helpful and fast. I’ve been with them since about 2006 on my first mortgage and I just refinanced with them. At first, I didn’t think it would work and I kept putting them off every time they call. I owed more than what the refinance was worth but they made it work somehow. They dropped the interest rate and lowered the payment, so it was good. Both of the guys that I worked with were very good. They worked with me for my situation and overall made it an excellent experience that benefited me in the long run.

I recently refinanced my home and I just wanted to give a shout out to the mortgage professional Michael ** (Corporate NMLS # **, NMLS # **) who helped us. I have never across a more professional and compassionate individual in the world of banks and loans. He was SO incredibly easy to work with, answered every single one of my questions, and even 4 months after the loan was funded, he answered my call to give me a copy of the closing documents which he had already provided me once. I wish there were more individuals like him that worked for loan companies. If I had a manager's contact information, I would sing high praises and hope he gets ahead in his career. His closing partner, Marcus ** was great to work with too. You'll have an excellent team, please keep it that way.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got a lot of flyers on refinancing an old mortgage and I started thinking about it being the right thing to do. I already had my mortgage with Nationstar so it was more convenient to go with them. Their team was good and were a big help as they followed through just like they said.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently did a refinance with Nationstar and found that their competitors weren’t offering anything that was that much better. And going through the streamlined loan process was mostly a headache. It was limited documentation, more timely and less stress. It was very good and I didn't have any issues. The individuals that I was working with were very thorough. If they didn’t know an answer, they would look into it and get back to me. Overall, the people at Nationstar were very timely and professional. And since refinancing my home with them, I’ve had lower payments.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was with CitiMortgage then they changed to Nationstar and their customers got moved over. I had ARM before and I didn’t trust the current president so I wanted to get my fixed rate before he decided to change things. I filled up the application to refinance and Nationstar offered no application fee or closing cost. Other companies had a number of things between application and closing cost and I didn’t want to deal with them so it was an easy decision for me.

Nationstar's reps contacted me periodically and our interactions were great. I felt like it was a process, they kept me in the loop of communication and I didn’t feel like they were trying to sit down. They were friendly and very patient especially during the relay conversation process. I was also very impressed with the customer service. When I had to sign the closing paperwork, they didn’t tell me I had to go somewhere. Instead, they came to my home to do it which was nice and I felt like I didn’t have to go on vacation. Aside from that, the interest rate remained the same and they lowered my monthly payments.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was already financed with Nationstar. I have refinanced with them years old on a home down in Texas. Now that I’m in Florida, they contacted me and asked me if I was interested in a reprice in a much lower rate, and I said that I was. The main thing I wanted to do was get the old mortgage down to a 15-year from a 30-year because I’m getting up in age and I do not want to leave my wife with an unpaid house. I was very impressed with how easy and how quick the mortgage professionals moved the refinancing along. There was redundant information required but that was the nature of the financial place.

I considered their guidance to be excellent. The whole process went very smoothly and they already held a note in the house which helped a lot. A requirement was not needed for an appraisal which made things much quicker and much easier. Refinancing the loan, it was nice that the monthly payment did not increase. Instead, Nationstar even slightly reduced the monthly payment. The house would also be paid off much sooner.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We got a high interest rate at 6.5 with our old mortgage and Nationstar mailed us out a form saying that we’re eligible to refinance. They bought out our loan from another company, and we refinanced through them. My dealing with their mortgage professionals was very good. They were very helpful, informative and fast. They made refinancing real easy. They gave us an option of doing either a 15 or 20-year note or for 30, and we didn’t want to do the 30. We still owed to a 22-year and we lowered it to a 20-year note plus we were able to save $250 a month on our payment so it was good. It was a very fast and easy experience.

I have had all great experiences with Nationstar. Rita ** and James ** helped me with my refinance and debt payoff. They walked me thru every step of the way and it was so easy and convenient to get everything done! I recommend using their services for the convenience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I received a call from Nationstar Mortgage and they gave me information concerning the types of loans that they offered. I recently refinanced my old mortgage with them and the process went well. The Nationstar professionals were very professional and courteous, and they gave me very thorough guidance in discussing my refinancing options. My refinancing with Nationstar saved on the length of time of my loan as well as on the interest rate, and it will save me money over the long run. They're very knowledgeable and helpful for their consumers.

Mr. Cooper

Hello, unfortunately the details provided as part of this submission do not allow me to locate the account.

I will contact you within the next 24 hours at the phone number listed to gather more information so that I will be able to identify the account and assist you with your concern.

Thank you. ^Kendra

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I am in the process of purchasing a home. Everything has come down to the final step. No title company will insure the title because of the verbiage that Nationstar claims is their standard. Well I would think if they went this far and even stopped the foreclosure on this home they would be willing to change some simple verbiage. At this time we are at the point of getting Lawyers involved and letting them deal with Nationstar. This has not been the only blurt Nationstar has pulled during this. And they even agreed to the offer. So what's the deal Nationstar?

Major financial decisions can be very intimidating. I really appreciated the way in which Karen ** and Terrence ** at Nationstar were obviously listening to my questions and concerns. They demonstrated an expert knowledge of their work and excellent communication skills helping me understand the loan application process. Their service and skill made me feel comfortable going through the HARP Refinancing process.

Mr. Cooper

Hello, I am touching base with you to see if your issue has been resolved. I was able to locate your account based on the information you provided below.

I will be in contact with you to discuss this concern and to be sure your issue has been concluded. Thank you. ^Patricia

Original review: July 30, 2017

I have been trying to resolve a billing error for the past 2 weeks and it still hasn't been corrected. I have emailed, spoke with customer service and they said they would fix the problem and still nothing. I have made 2 payments and I was never credited for it. Now, I'm being charged late fees and other fees. What will it take for you to fix this? I need this fixed ASAP.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been with Nationstar Mortgage for a long time. Whenever we refinance, we take them. Recently, I was seeking for a locked rate and the reps at Nationstar were friendly and professional. My monthly payments doubled but the rates are locked so I guess I'm safe on that part.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I refinanced my mortgage which got transferred Nationstar Mortgage. My interactions with their reps were very professional and very clear in a very short timeframe. I got locked in to the new 30 years loan. I would recommend Nationstar Mortgage.

I have financed my home with Nationstar since 2008. When they approached me about a re-finance, I honestly threw the letters in the garbage. Well, last month I decided to "call their bluff". I called and talked to a young lady named Sarah **. She got my information and in about 5 minutes I knew what my new rate and payment would be. Eventually I was turned over to Linda ** who helped me to get all the credit information to Nationstar. I didn't get everything right the first few times, but Linda and Sarah stayed with me, and today I was funded. All I can say is, if these two ladies are any example of the team at Nationstar, then they have a great place to work.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've had Nationstar before for our mortgage. I decided to refinance through them because I was paying too much for what little I had left on my balance. I wanted to get a better rate and lower my payment as my income had changed. I called them and they were giving me the same as the other mortgage companies, so I stuck with Nationstar because I already know them. The mortgage professional worked hard to give me the best rate and we perfectly ended up with what I thought we would. It ended up perfect.

Resolution In Progress

Unfortunately my mortgage was sold by Bank of America to Nationstar several years ago. It has been nothing be a complete headache since then. I pay my mortgage several months ahead and always pay more than is required. Every month I go online, input my payment info, allocate the additional monies I am paying towards principal. Which is then followed by Nationstar sending me a threatening letter telling me that my account is delinquent, that I need to contact them immediately to resolve the problem.

Today I had some strange, weird, sketchy looking guy standing in my front yard taking pictures of my home. I went out and questioned what he was doing. He stated that my mortgage company has requested pictures. I immediately call Nationstar and was told that they're not sure if they ordered them or not but that it looks like my mortgage is in arrears. I instructed the agent to look at my account at which time she acknowledged that I am in fact 5 months AHEAD on my payments. I am sick and tired of being harassed by Nationstar. If this is how they treat an excellent customer whom has never been delinquent and pays ahead I'd hate to be the poor individual who doesn't.

Mr. Cooper Company Profile