Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The rep I spoke to was awesome. If I ever had to leave her a voicemail, she got back to me within the hour. Any questions my husband or I had throughout the process, she would call anytime and was very knowledgeable about where she does the whole process. If she didn’t know, she made the correct calls. She knew what her resources were. The overall experience was awesome. I would definitely do it again with Nationstar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to refinance to lower interest rate. I went with Nationstar since there was no appraisal. The process was really simple and I recommend them. There’d never been any trouble with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar was my mortgage holder. I wanted a lower payment and they had several options for me to pick from and so I refinanced with them. I didn’t have to wonder about what was happening for they told me everything that I needed to know and they seemed to be knowledgeable. They gave me some good advice and were able to explain what they were. I felt comfortable that they had the option that I needed to pick. They helped me with budgeting and gave me a little bit of breathing room.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Nationstar reps were very professional and they helped me do the best plan to re-finance with. We worked it in the most efficient way. I had adjustable mortgage interest rate. So now I have a fixed mortgage interest rate and it’s definitely an advantage now that the interest rate is gradually going up again. The refinance process was very short and that's the best thing about it. They had sufficient information to process the documentation and make the process very short to do a closing. They also helped me with some of the closing cost, in terms of how we were going to apply that towards the loan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to lower my interest and payments and the reps at Nationstar were very efficient and pleasant during the refinancing. They had the information that I requested at their fingertips. I got a lowered interest and a lowered payment, and they didn't have to come in and check the current value of the home. The two gentlemen who I dealt with over the phone and the internet were terrific and the young lady who was with the title company that Nationstar used was also fantastic.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationstar Mortgage?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I bought a mortgage from a bank in McDonough that closed the day I got it and that mortgage got sold to five different people and Nationstar was the last one that ended up with it. They've been the nicest people I've dealt with. Even the lawyers that they called to talk with me about the changing mortgage were very polite and informative. I had a 2.75 mortgage and they kept telling me that it was running out and that I had to do something to keep it from going really high. So at last ditch, I finally told them okay. Now, they've got it at 4.75. I didn't have to pay my December and January payments. I'm due to pay in February so that helped me through Christmas season since I've got four great-grandbabies and I had to buy for them and got a lot of other stuff cleaned up too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was diagnosed with colon cancer and I was going in surgery. My wife wasn't on the mortgage and I was trying to get everything set so if I died, she could continue making payments without having to worry about burying me and trying to get a loan to pay the house off. I spoke with a lady from Nationstar and she got it on the paperwork. I told her what I was trying to do and that I was cut short on time, and she put everything in. She got me on a HARP loan so I didn't have to go through an appraisal and it sped things up a tremendous amount. She went above and beyond, was very polite and helpful. She even gave me her contact information after I had moved to the closing officer and told me if I needed anything, we can call her back and contact her.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was absorbed by Nationstar Mortgage from another company and they offered me a fixed rate if I refinance my old mortgage. It just moved over quite easily and I was qualified. Their people were very, very helpful. I certainly appreciate their customer service, which is very difficult to find nowadays. Anthony was very helpful in suggesting things in moving along. He's available for me to call at any time for any questions I have. To speak to a real person and get a callback, he was very on top of it. I'm very happy with my refi. I feel secure now that I have a fixed loan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar Mortgage sent me some documentation stating that they could refinance my old mortgage. I enjoyed how fast they were in the process because I had applied with Bank of America for almost two years and never got anywhere. Nationstar gave excellent guidance. I also have lower interest rate with them.

I have a great experience as my first refinance. Daniel ** and Caley ** was amazingly helpful throughout the entire process. I also learn a lot about my own house. I highly recommend Daniel ** and Cayle ** for any refinancing you planned in the future.

Daniel ** and Colleen ** were extremely helpful and professional. Great experience working with both of them. They made our refinance very hassle-free. It was very stress-free and we would work with both again, and we would recommend them and Nationstar to our friends and family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a mortgage with Nationstar and refinanced with them for the lower interest rate. I was provided good guidance and I liked that the process was all computerized. They also answered all of my questions.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar was in-charge of my previous mortgage and I refinanced with them. The idea came when I received some information from them in the mail. Each one of their reps that I dealt with was excellent and gave me very good guidance. They were very professional, courteous, and had good customer service profile at Nationstar which I liked. In the long term, my mortgage term would hopefully be reduced.

Nationstar Mortgage

We first would like to apologize for any frustration the tranfers may have caused. We've reviewed the account and a member of our team has followed up privately with an update for you. Thanks! -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Jan. 9, 2017

This is our second go around with Nationstar and both times they bought our mortgage. 1st time when we sold our home and it fell just right where we sent in a mortgage payment and it took over 3 months to receive that back. Now we have had a major storm damage our house and they have yet to release any funds even though we have already passed their 90% complete with repairs inspection. Every time I talk to them they have rejected a form we submitted or need another form. They are holding over $40,000 currently and have been since September and it is now January. If you have a choice do not pick this company!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I refinanced with Nationstar for the lowering of my mortgage's interest rate and also for its payment. Everything fit in place and I didn't have to do too much. The reps were all more than helpful and very pleasant. So far, things are running smoothly and I'm satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to take some money out so I refinanced with Nationstar Mortgage. I had a loan with them before so it was convenient refinancing with them. Their rep was helpful and informative. I got the money out and the whole experience was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I refinanced with Nationstar Mortgage a couple of weeks ago, where I made a deal with them at a lower interest rate. My interactions with the professionals were perfect and the guidance I received from them was excellent. Their process was fast because I had applied with Bank of America for almost two years and never got anywhere.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a previous mortgage loan that was purchased by Nationstar Mortgage from our bank. We did a refinance for the interest rates. We were on an adjustable rate mortgage so we went ahead and did a refinance to a fixed mortgage. Anthony and Ivy, the mortgage professionals that I talked to, were wonderful. We haven't even made our first payment yet but we will have a benefit because our payment will have gone down.

Nationstar Mortgage

We appreciate you informing us of the issue. It is our goal to make every attempt to resolve your concerns to the best of our ability. Our team's currently reviewing the account and has replied privaely to further asssit. –Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I wanted to refinance my home last year. Because I have had a BK in the last four years I was told by multiple mortgage companies I had to wait for the four-year mark. I waited... I went with this group of incompetent people because I thought since they already owned the mortgage it would be easiest. I was originally told that a refi was a slam dunk given all my information. Here I am four months later and now I am told they can't do it because of the BK. They had all the info from day one. Nothing changed. Now 4 months later my credit score is lower due to them pulling my credit once a month for the last four months, and interest rates have gone up! I am screwed and they don't give damn. I would advise everyone avoid them at all costs!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar bought our mortgage and they sent us a letter about refinancing. Given that they already have our mortgage, refinancing would be really easy. We have done this a number of times and we had all the documentation they needed so we didn't have scramble on. Their reps provided everything that we needed to know and we sent them our paperwork. They did the loan calculations and arranged for a closing. It went all fine.

With Nationstar, we lowered our mortgage payment by about 300 bucks. The only thing was they made a mistake in calculating our escrow account. They sent us a letter saying we needed to pay more county taxes. We looked at it and told them that they were trying to charge us twice for county taxes. They fixed that mistake. All in all, the process went pretty much how we figured the process would work.

Nationstar Mortgage

Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding the payments for the account. We've provided a response to your review privately. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help out. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Nationstar Mortgage company continue to raise my monthly mortgage in a regular basis as if my paycheck goes up each time I get paid. I have asked Nationstar to transfer my business to another company multiple times with no avail. I am to the point that I am near losing my home. It appears that this is their objective. I have complained about this matter to Better Business Bureau. I need help to save my home where I reside in the last ten years.

Nationstar Mortgage

We appreciate your feedback regarding the new authentication step on our website. Please be advised this is a one-time process and once verified the information will not be requested again. This addition is intended to protect the privacy and security of all our customer's accounts. If you're not willing to complete the process, we'd be glad to update your account to ensure you receive statements via mail going forward. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I called about this problem on Dec. 30. I was told this requirement was only lasting until Dec 31 and then would be changed. Well it isn't changed. You cannot log into your account without putting in your 9 digit SS#. I refuse to do that. So I cannot use their website online.

Nationstar Mortgage

We're sorry to hear you don't feel like you've had a positive experience with us and we'd truly like the opportunity to turn things around for you going forward. Please reply privately with details of the issues you've experienced so we can further assist. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Jan. 2, 2017

Nationstar is the most deceptive and deviant company I have ever done business with. And no, my loan is not delinquent, past due, or anything but on time. Their reps will string you along, transfer you from person to person, and screw up your loan (and credit if you don't catch them and force them to stop). Given the choice between a loan shark and Nationstar, you'd be better served using the loan shark.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have heard about the HARP program and was interested in reducing my interest rate. I like the fact that Nationstar approached me about the refinance. They gave me a call and offered it to me. The rep from Nationstar Mortgage was very good and gave me all the information I needed. The process was also very easy and fast and I like that there was good communication. I could reach them easily.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar sent me a letter saying how much less my monthly payments could be if I refinanced, so I called them, we struck a deal, and I'm happy with it. It was all very professional. They gave me several options and I chose the one that was best for me. I was able to get a lower interest rate and a lower payment. Plus, I'm able to pay it off faster.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a mortgage with Nationstar which had a high interest rate. I refinanced with them which was pretty easy to do. I got a lower payment on some of them but an additional time period to pay and I ended up paying $4,000 for each one of the four that I did.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I found out about some rates Nationstar had, as well as the HARP loan, and decided to give them a try. The rep was real good about explaining stuff, and when I went to him with some issues, he was able to resolve them all reasonably quickly. They did a good job and were prompt at getting back to me. I got a much lower rate and went to a 15 years instead of a 30. Additionally, I had a floating payment and the closing rep was very helpful in making sure that I received that payment back. It was a pleasant experience, overall.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had gotten a couple of phone calls and some emails from Nationstar about the opportunity to refinance and get a better interest rate. We did the refinance and their guy was very friendly, knowledgeable, and really patient about answering our questions. It was a positive experience. There were no problems with anything and it was a really quick and painless process. And all was good and they seemed to have looked out for our best interest. We're gonna get to pay our mortgage off a little bit sooner and have a little bit lower payments. My husband and I were both really impressed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar bought my mortgage. I'm retired and in debt and I wanted to lower my monthly expenses. I then considered refinancing my old mortgage. The Nationstar mortgage professional I dealt with was efficient, very good and helpful. We discussed what I wanted, if I wanted money out, lower interest or lower monthly payment. And what I was trying to do was get a lower monthly payment. There was another rep I dealt with who was not very pleasant and he was trying to get me to rush to send some things. I found him difficult and he was supposed to do something so that I wouldn't have a payment in November or December. But that didn't happen.

I figured out that my first monthly payment never came out this month. I kept waiting for it to come out, and when I got into Nationstar, I had to redo my password. I finally got into my account and realized that they were going to fine me $65 for not paying it. I thought I set it up during the closing, for automatic payment. Apparently, that did not happen. Other than that, all went quickly and smooth with Nationstar.

Nationstar Mortgage

We appreciate your feedback regarding the transfer from Bank of America and have reviewed the account accordingly. We've provided a response to your concerns privately and would be glad to help if you have any additional questions going forward. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

BofA sold our loan to Nationstar and that's when the problems began with our mortgage. They forgot to credit our first payment and therefore claimed that we were behind for months. We were in the middle of a Ch 13 so they never sent any correspondence nor phone calls. As soon as our BK was completed after 5 years of payments, they raised our interest rate and told us we were behind for several months. We tried to modify our loan 3 times and were denied. After living in our home for 11 years, they are in the process of foreclosing. We would still be in our home if they would have put our interest rate back to where it was. We can't afford the extra $900 a month. We have now lost the $300,000 that we put down on our home and are left with nothing. We don't even have anywhere to live.

Nationstar Mortgage Company Profile