Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to lower my interest and payments and the reps at Nationstar were very efficient and pleasant during the refinancing. They had the information that I requested at their fingertips. I got a lowered interest and a lowered payment, and they didn't have to come in and check the current value of the home. The two gentlemen who I dealt with over the phone and the internet were terrific and the young lady who was with the title company that Nationstar used was also fantastic.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was absorbed by Nationstar Mortgage from another company and they offered me a fixed rate if I refinance my old mortgage. It just moved over quite easily and I was qualified. Their people were very, very helpful. I certainly appreciate their customer service, which is very difficult to find nowadays. Anthony was very helpful in suggesting things in moving along. He's available for me to call at any time for any questions I have. To speak to a real person and get a callback, he was very on top of it. I'm very happy with my refi. I feel secure now that I have a fixed loan.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had the account with Nationstar so that made it easier to refinance with them. Everybody was very professional, the deadlines were met and it was a pretty smooth transaction. They gave me the different lengths of the loan and different options that I could choose from. Refinancing with them, I was able to bring the interest down a few points, a little over two, and the monthly as well, so that helps a lot. It was a great experience all the way around.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The rep I spoke to was awesome. If I ever had to leave her a voicemail, she got back to me within the hour. Any questions my husband or I had throughout the process, she would call anytime and was very knowledgeable about where she does the whole process. If she didn’t know, she made the correct calls. She knew what her resources were. The overall experience was awesome. I would definitely do it again with Nationstar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to refinance to lower interest rate. I went with Nationstar since there was no appraisal. The process was really simple and I recommend them. There’d never been any trouble with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationstar Mortgage?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar was my mortgage holder. I wanted a lower payment and they had several options for me to pick from and so I refinanced with them. I didn’t have to wonder about what was happening for they told me everything that I needed to know and they seemed to be knowledgeable. They gave me some good advice and were able to explain what they were. I felt comfortable that they had the option that I needed to pick. They helped me with budgeting and gave me a little bit of breathing room.

I just wanted to thank Christopher ** and Toy ** for their friendly and professional manner with me in all our communications about securing a new loan for me with NationStar. I felt they really cared about me, and were always available and knowledgeable. Thank you both!

Best service, smooth transition, friendly staff, great customer service. I am very happy to have gone with this company. I recommend Nationstar Mortgage and their financing affiliate to anyone. Very fast and friendly that is wanting to buy a home or refinance.

I have been very happy with them. Nationstar originally became my lender by default... my existing mortgage loan was sold to them. I wanted to take advantage of lower interest rates, and since they were my loan company, I requested a quote through Nationstar. The refinance was quick, easy, smooth and their rates and costs were competitive. They continually stayed in touch with me throughout the entire process. The transition from my old loan to my new loan was seamless. I have absolutely no complaints and have NEVER had any negative experiences with anyone on their team.

Recently refinanced with our awesome mortgage company for a lower payment. The staff was amazing and very attentive to listening to what we wanted to accomplish and why. Everything was simple and they followed through with the most professional interaction for your success. The originator was on top of everything and assisted answering all questions and giving complete instructions on our part of providing documents for their use. I had never done a eloan and I learned a lot during the process as well as establishing new friends that weren't just selling their product to get a new loan. They truly wanted to help us accomplish what we set out to accomplish. It helped a lot to have people that spoke English and I got a real person everything I called. I would recommend Nationstar to anyone that wants a real person, professional and knowledge of real caring of their clients.

Nationstar Mortgage

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're sorry to hear you didn't receive the great customer service we hope to give all our customers. If you're still interested in refinance, we'd love to have a member of our team reach out to you directly. Please reply privately to let us know. ^Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

My mortgage is with Nationstar. I have been receiving in the mail information about refinancing so I called and spoke with a certified representative by the name of Robert. I asked him if he could give me a quote on a 10 and 15 yr interest rate. He said no, not without pulling my credit report. My interest right now is 3.3%, I just wanted to know what rates are. I am a customer and he was very rude and offered me no help at all and I am a customer, a good paying customer! If Robert would treat me this rude and I am a customer how would he speak to someone else. Very disappointed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our bank loan was sold to Nationstar Mortgage. I called them by chance to see if they would do a refi, and they did while the other ones I had called said they couldn’t do that. Everything went very well during the refinancing. Everyone was very professional and nobody dropped the ball. The guy was very knowledgeable. He knew what the interest rates were, etc. I'm hard to please but I was very pleased with the process. We saved enough money to make the payment on a bath that we had just gotten done. I’d certainly recommend Nationstar to people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was already with Nationstar Mortgage and the bank e-mailed me something about wanting to refinance. I had tried to go through some other companies and it seemed like the process was taking a lot longer than I would have thought. Nationstar already had all my info and so it was a whole lot easier. The rep I talked to was very helpful and there wasn’t a whole lot of questions that were left unanswered. They did a very good job explaining things and my options were laid down so I chose the one that was best for me. Everybody worked professionally so the process went very smooth. What I wanted to do was reduce my monthly payments and I achieved my purpose of refinancing. Overall, the whole thing was a good experience and I had no problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The interest rate was down and I was paying way more than I should be paying so I refinanced my mortgage with Nationstar. I didn't realize that it could be such a good experience. Nationstar just took over and everything went so smooth. Whatever I needed then, they walked me through it. Since refinancing I've had a lower payment, which is what I was expecting to get. I fought it for a long time because I knew I only had 17 years left to pay off, and I didn't want to go back to a 30-year loan. Then I said that at this point in time I'm probably not gonna see the end of the mortgage anyway so I decided to go ahead. I can roll over to the 30-year and save myself $300 a month, and that made a big difference. I'm just very happy with the service and the rate that I got. I can't praise them enough for the way they dealt with me because you go online.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar took over our mortgage several years ago and they offered some refinance terms that looked good. I dealt with Greenlight that is a part of Nationstar. However, there was some miscommunication between one person and another on when payments are due. The initial person that I dealt with told me some wrong information and then the loan officer got involved and corrected it. We were given two options and we chose the 20-year which is a good thing. Our monthly payment went up about a million dollars so we’re gonna pay off our mortgage faster.

Nationstar Mortgage

We first would like to apologize for any frustration caused by the calculation of the total amounts due. We've reviewed the account to and have had a member of our team will follow up privately to provide the info you're requesting. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

This has to be the most crackpot "debt collection" company I have ever dealt with. I am in default. I call to bring everything current so I don't lose my home. -- Nobody can tell me the actual amount I owe!!!! How the heck does a DEBT COLLECTOR not know what is owed????? I say "Fine... Tell me what you do know and I will add a substantial amount to that number so that I can ensure I do not go in foreclosure." They give me an amount, I add a ton to it and say "ok - here is my card number." They respond -- "oh no, we can't take your payment over the phone - you have to send a certified check." -- "FINE. Where do I send that to?" "Oh - we can't give you that address until we tell you what you owe." "OK - what do I owe???" "Oh we don't know that number. Call us back and go through this same BS in 3 days." REALLY???

I had very pleasant experience, everything was done on time and very professionally. Everybody was very helpful and knowledgeable. They replied to my emails almost immediately. I got my mortgage in less than three weeks. I would recommend Nationstar mortgage to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have two mortgages with Nationstar and I felt I was paying too much. So I refinanced one of them, the one with the HARP. Refinancing was very easy and I was able to reduce my payment by about $200. Their rep was knowledgeable and very helpful. Any time I called up with a question, he answered my calls and was ready to give me the right answer. Everything was good.

Nationstar Mortgage

We're glad to hear you had a positive experience with us when we were servicing your account. Our team's currently reviewing the account and will follow up with you privately to further assist. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

Nationstar was my mortgage co. I had no problems with them since they got my mortgage from BOA years ago. In 10 years I had already cut my 30 yr. mortgage down halfway. I had refinanced through them in 2015 and in a blink of an eye, it was complete. Great experience. In July 2015 I needed a pre-approval as we were moving to another state. No problem, they gave me one. As soon as my home sold and I was purchasing a new home, I called Nationstar to start processing a new mortgage. This is in late Oct. 2016. We ended up paying cash for our new home but I still wanted a small mortgage through Nationstar.

I was assigned a loan originator and he was quite aggressive about getting the paperwork going. I had no problem complying even though we had just moved in our new home. I appreciated his attentiveness to our request. Upon receiving the requested papers, we were assured that the loan would be no problem and they would continue. Now we get assigned a closing coordinator and as soon as she steps in we have one problem after another. She is never available, she doesn't seem to even understand what she is asking us for, she doesn't get back to us. She continually has gone back and forth bouncing from issue to issue and it has been going on forever. This is February 1, 2017 and I still don't have completed loan papers. It has been a complete nightmare with apologies for mistakes, apologies for not getting back to us in a timely manner etc. etc. etc. I could go on and on but, in short, this has not been a pleasant experience at all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had our mortgage with Nationstar and we refinanced for lower payments and lower interest rates. Most of their reps were super nice and very helpful. They were available any time I had a question whether it was by phone or e-mail. They were good and made the experience very easy. We now have lower payments.

Excellent customer service in our re-finance of mortgage. Very glad for the help of Daniel ** and Angi ** in this complicated process. Only two weeks from beginning to end of the process. What a difference from our previous experience with re-financing!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to lower my payments and I knew that the rates were lower than when I had first purchased my property. I refinanced with Nationstar and their reps were great and really helpful. They were very informative and very clear on explaining things to me that I didn’t understand. It was an overall really great experience. I told them exactly what I was looking for and they were able to tell me what was available and what we can do. We had lots of communication. They were very pleasant to deal with and also very professional. I had the assurance that I was not going to go with a different mortgage company, that they were gonna keep my mortgage in-house and not sell it, which is great because I really like the Nationstar Mortgage company. I’ve had dealings with the big banks before, Wells Fargo and Bank of America, and I would be dreading if my mortgage would have been sold to Bank of America.

Since the refinance, I had no house payments for two months which is great, and I'm gonna be saving about $200 on my house payments from previous and that’s without owing any more on top of what my mortgage was to begin with. I highly recommend Nationstar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a 7.5% interest rate when Nationstar took over my old mortgage. I refinanced and did it all on the phone rather quickly. I talked to a couple of different people and it went really smooth. I went from a 7.5% mortgage to a 3.87%, and that’s a lot less expensive going from a 30 years to 15 years.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been with Nationstar for seven years. My loan was transferred to their account from another mortgage company and I refinanced with Greenlight Loans which is a subsidiary of theirs. I got my interest rates lowered, although not as much as I would like, but they did lower them so that’s the upside to it.

We were sold by another company. That company surprised us with negative escrow account that in the end cost us foreclosure because they would not let us have a remodification loan. We were only 1 month but bouncing because autopay gives them a right to take what they want leading into negative balances on account. With a fixed income to take care of that worry, we asked them several times on phone, filed paperwork, and they acted like they never received it x 2 sent by postmaster. Then the wake-up call foreclosure? For 1 payment. If there's a god please forgive these people. After the certified letter of foreclosure, a letter to contact the officer for loan modification?? After having to hire attorney I find out loan isn't upside down. They lied. They want the property and house. Crooks... will always be crooks.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I received a letter about my old mortgage and then the loan was transferred to Nationstar Mortgage. Since I was already with them and we had an experience together, they had a track record of me and the loan, so it helped expedite the refinance. Then, I didn't have a payment in January which was nice. It took care of a couple of other things and got them out of the way. Now, I have a reduced payment which works for me and it'll be fixed. It was a new experience doing it all electronically since I was out of town and I ended up signing it in a hotel lobby over in Denver.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar bought my mortgage from Citibank. I had tried to refinance the loan a couple of times with Citibank but I didn't have enough income and my situation was unique because I have owned a rental property for 10 years. I had some frustrating experiences with people who said that they'll give me a loan and when they look at my portfolio, they then said I don't have enough.

But Nationstar seemed to be a very personal company, not a huge corporation. They looked at my payment history and I have two loans with them and I felt like they were wonderful to work with. I've never had an easier loan to go through. I'm very happy. I paid 1.87 points so that was my only gasp as I've never paid that many points to get a loan before. But I wanted to refinance this loan and will recoup the cost in three or four years because the interest rate drops significantly. That’s the main benefit I got. And I haven’t even made the first payment on this new loan yet. I got to skip a month, which was nice. I didn’t have to pay within January and January’s always tight. I would definitely recommend Nationstar Mortgage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been a customer of Nationstar for a long time. They were very good and very quick. They also gave me great guidance.

Nationstar Mortgage

We're so sorry to hear you've had to go through the stress of identity theft. We've completed a review of your account and provided an update privately to further assist with the payment processing issue. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

We have lived in our home for almost 11 years. Last year we had the experience of identity theft. They wiped out our bank acct. We have struggled to get back up.

On Dec 1 we were one month behind and owed $2800. We gave them 1/2 the money. On 12/25 they have now sent that check back to us. We had sent another payment 1/19. They want us to stop the payment and now wire them $6100. We have no idea of the breakdown for these charges. Called Monday 1/23. We were not allowed to talk to a supervisor. On top of that we couldn't talk to anyone on Tuesday, had to wait till Wednesday. Note business hrs are Monday thru Friday. Why can't you talk to someone on Tuesday?

They need to be reported to the attorney general's office and possible the federal government as they do government loans. Very hard to understand them as they all speak broken English. They are horrible people who do not even want to try and work something else. If you take our house you will never get what is owed on it as we bought is right before the housing market crashed and paid way too much tax value. Today is nothing compared to what is owed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Bank of America switched my loan over to Nationstar. I refinanced mainly because the interest rate dropped along with the monthly mortgage payments, which definitely helps us out a lot. The loan officers were very professional, helpful, answered every question that I had and were able to walk me through the process. The wisdom and knowledge were important and I was able to get everything answered in a timely manner which was definitely a good thing for us.

Nationstar Mortgage Company Profile