Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars12%
  • 3 stars5%
  • 2 stars3%
  • 1 stars11%

Nationstar Mortgage helps homeowners succeed. We offer borrowers a wide variety of mortgage products including Fannie Mae, FHA, FHLMC, VA, Jumbo and USDA products, among others. We strive to provide industry-leading service in everything we do. We’re a Top 10 Mortgage Servicer and one of the Nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Nationstar helps make successful homeownership possible by creating opportunities for borrowers to own and stay in their homes.

We contacted Nationstar as a response to a letter from them as the new mortgage holder of our home loan in January. By late February we had been approved and finalized to save over $200 per month on our mortgage! The friendliness and promptness of the departments helping us was amazing... everything was done via emails and faxes and the final step, signing paperwork was so relaxed and nice in our home at our convenience. YEA. Thank you Nationstar.

All Nationstar staff members that I have interacted with have worked collaboratively with each other. They are good listeners and they want to earn business.

I chose to refinance my home with Nationstar as I already had my current mortgage with them. I was quite happy with the courtesy, promptness and the overall professional behavior of Greenlight Loans. They were thorough and told me what documents I had to submit, responded when they received them and told me exactly what to do if it what I submitted was not correct or I needed further documentation. The process seemed more efficient and faster than my friends who have refinanced recently had experienced.

Home refi. Thank you Nationstar Mortgage for your help.

We were really pleased that the refinance was done quickly and efficiently --everything they promised in the initial phone call.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationstar Mortgage?

Steven ** and Nai were very easy to work with. They both are very knowledgeable with the mortgage process. They answered my questions in a timely manner. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a mortgage.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had our mortgage with Nationstar before and when we got a letter from them that told us how low their interest rate was, we called and they made it happen in a very short amount of time. My payments went down about $350 a month. It was a lot and it cut almost nine years off of my payout, so I was happy. The person who I initially spoke to was absolutely fabulous. He did everything he said he would do in a very timely manner. It was the same thing with the underwriter. If they needed something, they asked for it and I would immediately send it to them. They acknowledged it every step of the way and we closed within four weeks. It was absolutely amazing. I’ve never had a loan on a house that had this kind of personal service. It was absolutely beautiful and smooth sailing.

My mortgage was sold to Nationstar and I have never had a problem. I recently refinanced through Nationstar and it was the smoothest and easiest process ever! Would recommend to all!

Having recently had the pleasure of transacting a refinance of my mortgage with Nationstar, I was profoundly impressed by the very courteous and professional individuals that I dealt with throughout the process. Not one call or email went without timely response. And, the level of knowledge and attentiveness to details relating to economic matters and scheduling was unique. This was easily the most enjoyable, as well as, efficient financial experience that I have experienced. I have, and will continue to highly recommend Nationstar to both friends and acquaintances.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar Mortgage has been my lender for eight years. They were the first person that I contacted for my refinance because of my mortgage with them and they were extremely helpful. It was very expedient and quick.

It was a pleasure dealing with the loan officer. He made the whole process simple and was respectful of my questions and wishes...

The communication was often not to my satisfaction. In many cases, I could not get someone to return my call.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I've been happy with Nationstar Mortgage. Their representatives were very good, and they gave good guidance. Refinancing with Nationstar lowered my payment and it gave me more financial stability.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar Mortgage has been my mortgage company for a number of years. I went with their no-cost refinance and their reps were very pleasant. I got great and very helpful information.

Nationstar Mortgage

We first would like to apologize for any frustrations you experienced during the refinance process. We're reviewing the account to see how we can help and ensure all our customer have a positive refinance experience. A member of our team will follow up privately to further assist. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: July 21, 2016

Loan processor was completely clueless how to do her job. She kept asking for the same docs (4 times). Denied getting paperwork, then conveniently finds it. Doesn't follow up on phone calls. Asked me for my login info to my payroll system. Couldn't figure out who/how to contact my payroll dept (major city, with 380000 employees). Fax broke, didn't tell anyone for three days. I had to follow up with insurance company as they sent fax during this time, and she didn't follow up. Set closing 50 miles from where I live, didn't tell me. If I hadn't caught her mistakes, this loan would have never closed. She needs to be supervised better and retrained. This is my eighth mortgage, and by far was not handled professionally.

I got excellent customer service from start to finish. Everything in the process was explained along the way. Very nice people too.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called Nationstar about an increase on my monthly statement and they couldn’t figure out why. They asked if I want to refinance and I said, “Sure, I guess so.” Their reps were really kind and courteous and they got everything done so quickly. At first, I didn’t think I was going to get approved, but then it turned out really well as I got a 15-year mortgage. The payments were lowered just a little bit and I got a good percentage rate.

We refinanced our home mortgage through Nationstar Mortgage. Aside from some setbacks and scheduling conflicts we closed on a 15 year fixed and saved time and a whole lot of money. Best decision we have made! Customer service was great!

EXCELLENT! This was the smoothest refi process I have ever experienced. DJ ** and Christy ** are superior at their jobs and deserve every success.

My experience with Nationstar has always been good with the exception of collection calls they make on the 2nd and 3rd day of the month. I have never been late paying my mortgage yet on 2 occasions they made collection calls which were made to me on the 2nd and 3rd day of the month when my due date was the 1st.

I went with Nationstar to refinance and combine two loans into one. Damar and Candy were a pleasure to work with. They made sure everything was clear and took care of any issues that came up very quickly. I'm now saving almost $700 over what I was paying combined before. I would definitely recommend Nationstar to friends and family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The team that we had was very professional and helpful, and didn't give me a hard time. Everything was through email and they answer right away. Every time that I leave even voice mails, they call me back right away. Great servicing from Nationstar and we don't have any reason to move out.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar Mortgage was our current mortgage holder and we wanted to put our mortgage off on a less amount of time. We went again with them for refinancing and I spoke with one person and she was on top of getting everything done. She was very polite, professional and talked us through the process, which was very easy doing it online. She was explaining the paperwork as we were doing the electronic signing. When it was all done, they came and filed the papers so it was a very easy transition and I was pleased. I haven't made my first payment yet, but it's a 15-year term. We knocked off four years and it's a cheaper monthly payment, so in doing extra payments, we'll be able to pay it off even in less time and save a lot of interest.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to lower my interest rate. I've been trying for about a year and Nationstar messed up on my account, so I was trying to fix that. And then, finally, this last time they're like, "Well, we can't fix it, but we can let you refinance now", so that's why I did the refinancing. The guidance was good and informational. They found the best rates for me, wherein I would be saving $200 a month. Once I got into the refinancing, the process was super fast.

Nationwide provided professional, knowledgeable, and customer oriented service at every level. As a former loan executive and someone who has purchased or refinanced multiple residences over a forty year period, I greatly appreciated the ease and efficiency I experienced throughout my loan process working with Nationwide. The most positive loan experience I've had to date!

Excellent customer service, walked you through the process, very professional. Excellent teamwork with Shawn ** & Dan **.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just went through a refinance with Nationstar. It was lot easier than in past times. With the advent of keeping things simple, the process went smoothly and was relatively painless. The original mortgage I had that Nationstar bought from Chase was a 10 year interest-only mortgage and they changed it to a 30 year principal and interest type of mortgage. I said that it was time I put some principal into that beast such that when I pass, maybe my daughter can use that to move onwards.

It went very well with the mortgage professionals during my refinancing. The two people that I ended up talking to were very helpful and guided me well. The young man, Hassan, was very easy to talk to and deal with and he explained things well. Then a young lady picked up from there and brought it all together and before I knew it there was a guy at my front door with a stack of papers for me to sign.

I'm paying a lot more now than I was paying before. The only thing that I'm a little bit confused about is I got a letter from Nationstar telling me that I could make a payment right then and there. But Hassan told me that I would not have an August payment, although I'm not so sure I have actually been issued any documentation to that effect. The refi just happened a month ago and I've made one new mortgage payment so far. Now I'm wondering what that number is going to settle in at because I've seen two or three different numbers.

They were very good with everything.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We wanted to lock in at a lower interest rate because we were on a modified loan and our interest rate was gonna go up higher than what the rates were. Nationstar Mortgage's professionals were extremely friendly and helpful. We had very good communication back and forth. I mainly had two people helping me through the process and they were both very good at their job. Anytime I called or had any questions or sent an email, someone got back to me right away. The whole refinancing process took less than two weeks. We're now locked in at a lower rate so our mortgage payment went significantly down. I couldn't ask for anything better than what happened.

The process was flawless. One of their representatives went out of his way to be helpful. Absolutely couldn't have been better.

Nationstar Mortgage Company Profile