Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars13%
  • 3 stars5%
  • 2 stars3%
  • 1 stars12%

Nationstar Mortgage helps homeowners succeed. We offer borrowers a wide variety of mortgage products including Fannie Mae, FHA, FHLMC, VA, Jumbo and USDA products, among others. We strive to provide industry-leading service in everything we do. We’re a Top 10 Mortgage Servicer and one of the Nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Nationstar helps make successful homeownership possible by creating opportunities for borrowers to own and stay in their homes.

This website was very easy to use, and I feel that I was able to accomplish the task that I set forth to do.

We are such busy people and they made it very easy. Mostly done over the phone and computer than they came to us for the final signing at our desired time. Very smooth.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our mortgage was transferred to Nationstar from another company years ago. The closing costs were lower ‘cause I already had them. I also have lower monthly payments and lower interest rates. Everybody was very courteous, professional and very helpful.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The rep I spoke to was awesome. If I ever had to leave her a voicemail, she got back to me within the hour. Any questions my husband or I had throughout the process, she would call anytime and was very knowledgeable about where she does the whole process. If she didn’t know, she made the correct calls. She knew what her resources were. The overall experience was awesome. I would definitely do it again with Nationstar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar was my original mortgage provider and refinancing was just a lot easier than going through another mortgage provider. They were very fast, quick, easy to respond, and easy to talk with. They're guidance was useful and very incisive. Their procedure was quick, which I like. For timeliness, it was very prompt. Benefits-wise, it's less hassle so the transition was very nice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nationstar Mortgage?

I had an excellent experience! They made it as simple & seamless as possible. The only issue I have ever had is customer service. Once, they could not understand me due to language barrier. Otherwise excellent experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wanted to refinance to lower interest rate. I went with Nationstar since there was no appraisal. The process was really simple and I recommend them. There’d never been any trouble with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have Nationstar for our current service provider for the current mortgage. We wanted our mortgage fixed ‘cause it kept changing every so often. The refinancing options were very easy and straightforward. Everything was done through email. It was very quick and I was able to upload whatever documents they needed as well. Once everything was finalized, they just sent someone to my house. I didn’t even have to go anywhere and they were able to sign everything without even leaving home. That was pretty cool.

I had received excellent customer service from my initial call down to the closing of my requested mortgage loan. Thank you to all your agents who took the time to serve me with all my mortgage needs.

Greenlight and its employees are so awesome and easy to work with. Nationstar needs someone like this.

Excellent service from everyone associated with your company. From the initial contact to completion, we were kept in the loop and advised of exactly what to expect. All parts of the process were smooth and professionally handled.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called up Nationstar to discuss refinancing and the guy I spoke with convinced me to stay with them and refinance directly. He was particularly helpful and did a good job of talking me through all the options. It was a very smooth, pleasant, and decent process. It worked out really well. I go on from a variable loan that was adjusting every six months to a fixed loan. And even though the interest rate was higher, longer term to reduce my payments, it gave me the fixed payment that I was looking for, so then all is good.

Kristen ** and Kelvin ** both did an excellent job in providing a professional, courteous and speedy processing of our refinance. They both were helpful in assisting and walking us through the signing process and for the documents that we need to submit. Thank you very much.

There were a few confusing times and the signing took nearly four hours with lots of redundant paperwork. Other than that it was all fine.

I was anxious at first about doing everything by phone and e-mail, not face to face as in past for previous notes... But the process manager for my note was able to explain things so I understood the information: I was comfortable with contract... Notary came to my home with everything. Went through all papers, signing completed at my dining table. All is good now. Thank You.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar Mortgage was my loan originator, then there was a change in the interest rate so looked into refinancing. Nationstar provided adequate guidance, and they were able to lower payments.

My experience was good. I have gone through refinancing before and was aware of how the process went. There is always a lot paperwork, copying, emailing, faxing and signing. Everyone at Nationstar were great to work with.

My experience has been mainly positive for the most part.

Everything ran smoothly and promptly. Will recommend Nationstar to family and friends. It was to my advantage to already have a loan with them which made the overall process more convenient and simpler on my side of the lending process. Thanks Nationstar.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a loan with Nationstar and during our refinance process, everything went smooth and easy, just like it was supposed to. We got lower interest rate and got overall savings.

Excellent service. Quick, precise, friendly, courteous and professional. Couldn't of had a smoother experience.

I would like to thank Swaha ** our mortgage representative for her excellent service and help throughout the process. She was very knowledgeable and helpful with practical suggestions.

Nationstar Mortgage

Sorry to hear you didn't receive a copy of the documents. We'll be sure to send you a copy of the documents via email shortly. If you have any additional concerns regarding the closing process, please let us know. -Nationstar Customer Relations Team

Original review: Aug. 23, 2016

Documents at closing. For the Loan # ** - Property Address **, the Notary at closing did not give me my copy. I need the copy for the papers signed for me, please. The Notary was Mr. Tony **.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My mortgage was sold to Nationstar Mortgage many years ago. I wanted a lower payment on my mortgage so I refinanced. It was easier to go from the mortgage company I had then to now because it was a streamlined process and I already had a mortgage with Nationstar. The loan reps were friendly, efficient and kept me up to date on everything. With the refi, my payments and interest rate are lower.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar was my mortgage holder. I wanted a lower payment and they had several options for me to pick from and so I refinanced with them. I didn’t have to wonder about what was happening for they told me everything that I needed to know and they seemed to be knowledgeable. They gave me some good advice and were able to explain what they were. I felt comfortable that they had the option that I needed to pick. They helped me with budgeting and gave me a little bit of breathing room.

Pleased with the outcome, pretty easy. Very happy with the mortgage rate.

Refinancing a home was a daunting task to me but the process was made very easy by my Loan Processor, Dena **. If I ever had a question or submitted documents, I always got an email response within 15 minutes. Even when I had problems with identity theft and the IRS, Dena made it a simple process. I would definitely recommend Nationstar and I will probably refi with them again in the not too distant future.

Nationstar/Greenlight made the refinancing of my home quick and easy to understand. They kept their commitment to match any other offer I received that was better than their original offer. They gave me options with regards to closing costs to make it convenient for my budget. I would highly recommend Nationstar/Greenlight to friends and family.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nationstar Mortgage picked up our mortgage from Pulte after we purchased our home. Our mortgage is an FHA loan and they said I could reduce the APR. The guidance regarding our suitability for a refinance was excellent and the reps were very professional and efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

All of the reps were good. Their guidance was very easy to understand. I have lower payment since refinancing and would recommend Nationstar.

Nationstar Mortgage Company Profile