2. Mortgages

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.33/5

Mr. Cooper is a mortgage lender that specializes in new home loans and refinancing. The company offers a closing date guarantee and fast online approvals. You can monitor your loan’s progress through the Mr. Cooper app.

EHO Logo

Nationstar Mortgage LLC dba Mr. Cooper

NMLS: #2119 NMLS Consumer Access (www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org).

Mr. Cooper Video

Mr. Cooper Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Cooper?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Cooper?

Original review: April 22, 2021

I refinanced my previous Mr. Cooper mortgage to take advantage of low interest rates. From start to finish, I was kept informed of the progress on the new loan and felt like the team was really working with my best interests in mind at all times.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Very pleased with the timing and efficiency of my refinancing to get a lower rate and shorten my term. The agent I used, communicated frequently and answered my questions. I have used Mr. Cooper for approximately 5+ years now and would highly recommend them for your refinancing.

Original review: April 22, 2021

Very easy process to refinance my loan. Minimal work on my side. Knowledgeable helpful staff. Documents were sent to me for review and agent came to my house to walk me. They execution and returned the documents on my behalf.

Original review: April 21, 2021

I got a lower interest rate from refinancing through Mr. Cooper. Their reps really helped me out. They called me and they explained everything very well. It was a nice, easy, and fast process. Mr. Cooper controlled our property taxes and we didn't have to do anything.

Original review: April 20, 2021

Very disappointed with loan processing. The only time movement has been done on the loan is after I ask, ask and ask for update on the loan process. We are now 71 days into the loan process. We have changed the estimated loan close day several times. I am a long time Mr. Cooper customer with a previous paid off mortgage. How many days of loan processing should I wait before walking away?

Mr. Cooper response

Good afternoon, Dennis

Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel about your recent experience. This is not the service we strive for at Mr. Cooper. I was unable to locate the account, and this is not the impression we want to leave you with.

Please follow up with me directly to help address your concerns. You are welcome to call our escalations line at 888-509-2432. Since it's a small team, we are here Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm CST. You can email me at Social.Media@Mrcooper.com.

Respectfully,

LaQuinte’ Proby
Community Manager

888.509.2432

Original review: April 20, 2021

Mr. Cooper was already our provider, so we assumed that just refinancing with them would make things easier. There were constant phone calls and follow-ups. Then at times, they just weren't available. They're calling from California and I'm in Indiana. There was no consideration for time or the fact that we had to work. The refinancing took about a couple weeks. It was okay until they sold our mortgage out of the blue to Fannie Mae, the people that got sued for ripping people off for college loans. We got a letter from Fannie Mae two days ago and then the day after, we got a letter from Mr. Cooper telling us that the mortgage had been sold. I didn't intend on signing a new agreement with somebody only for them to sell it to a company that is notoriously terrible.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I was at a 30 and wanted to consolidate a little bit and go with the 15. The pre-qualification was very good as far as communication goes, phone, and email. I was able to call and get someone on the line if I had a question and it was answered. The phone app is great too. Just the explanation of the whole process, especially during the loan process, the things that I needed to do, and there was a checklist there so I could check in with it on my phone without having to get in touch with anyone. I was able to keep up with it myself. I got a lower interest rate and I was able to free up some money.

Original review: April 18, 2021

Mr. Cooper was very friendly but with them being at home, they had a lot of trouble communicating with each other. When I signed up for the loan, they said there would be no paperwork. But when they moved me over to the next person, she wanted all this paperwork. Also, the person who came to finalize the paperwork missed a page so he had to get that taken care of. It was not the smoothest of long processes I've ever been through.

Original review: April 17, 2021

The process with Mr. Cooper went quickly and it was very well dealing with the reps. Since I refinanced my loan, my payments were lowered.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Absolutely the worst lender. And I deal with many. This lender withheld property taxes through escrow acct. in the amt of $5,460. Taxes were due 3/1/21. They did not pay taxes due. They blamed it on the storm in Texas which took place months ago. I just refinanced the property and prior to closing asked them to submit payment. They did not. April 10th came around. I called and asked if they would send payment in and was told they will mail a refund which will take approx 20 days for me to receive. With taxes due in 2 days. I had to send payment in out of my pocket. Now waiting on a refund which will arrive in approx 3 weeks. Absolute clowns. Stay away from them if you can. THIS COMPANY DOES NOT VALUE CUSTOMERS! ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS AND THEY CARRY NO VALUE!

Mr. Cooper response