2. Mortgages

4.4/5 (604 ratings)

About Mr. Cooper

Mr. Cooper is a mortgage lender that specializes in new home loans and refinancing. The company offers a closing date guarantee and fast online approvals. You can monitor your loan’s progress through the Mr. Cooper app.

Pros

• Closing date guarantee
  • Fast approvals
  • Rewards program

Cons

• Limited rate information on site
  • Prepayment penalties on some loans

Bottom Line

Mr. Cooper is one of the largest mortgage lenders in the nation, offering competitive interest rates on new home loans and refinancing. You can apply for a mortgage and monitor your application online.

Mr. Cooper Reviews

Over 10k reviews since 2012

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Cooper?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mr. Cooper?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Both loan specialists we worked with were amazing. They were easy to contact, answered all my questions big or small, and worked very well together to have the whole process run smoothly. They returned calls promptly and the whole process was quick and painless.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

The Mr cooper team made my refinancing simple and easy to close. Angelina ** is the best loan officer, she explained and took the time to walk me through. My loan close in exactly one month. I am super happy with the loan.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

We were pleased with professionalism of Mr. Cooper. Being a current customer, we knew their track record. We were very happy with the entire process, from start to finish. For those looking assistance in a re-fi, we will point them in the direction of Mr. Cooper.

Regards,

Dave & Trish

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

This refinance was handled in an extremely professional manner. Both of your representatives that I dealt with Zachary ** and Tanya were extremely efficient and a complete pleasure to deal with on this matter. Information was gathered proficiently and with the use of docu sign made this process so easy to commence. Timelines given were accurate. I have nothing negative to stay about this entire experience.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Initial contact with loan person was wonderful. Once transitioned to mortgage processor, went downhill, would not return calls or emails. Finally requested a new processor, then process smoothed out. After refinance processed, called to ask a question, was asked to not hold and would keep place in queue and would call right back. Right back was 3 hours later. I finally called back on my own and received my answer. Web site for payments is not intuitive and needs some work as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

** and ** were very helpful and gave great customer service and expedited my two loans efficiently. Whenever I had questions or concerns they were there to answer and helped me to understand everything that was going on. Appreciate these two guys!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I could write a book! Mortgaged processor ignored my calls. The title company was THE WORST! Rude and nasty. Almost kicked her out of my home, and when I complained-I wanted the deed to be written up a certain way, it took 2 months to get the paperwork and I’m so not sure I can use it to get it recorded.

Mr. Cooper response
I appreciate you informing us of your experience. It is my goal to make every attempt to resolve your concerns to the best of my ability. I will follow up privately with a resolution to your concerns.
Kalie Ezenwa

Community Manager

You are welcome to call our escalations line at 888-509-2432. Since it's a small team, we are here Monday - Friday from 8 am - 5 pm CST. If there's something I can assist you with, I'm happy to help - you can email me at Social.Media@Mrcooper.com. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

The refinance process. Went very smoothly. My contact people Selina G. And Haiyen ** were very efficient. They stay on top of everything that needed to be completed on my side with professionalism and with great communication skills! Thank you for a non stress process on a timely basis!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Our Experience, past and present with Mr. Cooper has been fantastic. We are very satisfied with the customer service with Mr. Cooper!! They were very helpful, understanding and patient. The process was smooth and worked out so well for our new payment.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I recently remortgaged my home to take advantage of the much lower interest rates. Everyone I had contact with were knowledgeable, professional and assisted me with every detail. Brad ** and Thuy ** were a pleasure to meet and work with to accomplish my refinance. As an older person, they both walked me through the computer programs, making the process so simple, compared to years past! Thank you!

Mr. Cooper Company Information