Get Started

2. Mortgages

3.9/5 (1930 ratings)

About LendingTree

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that helps you compare various financial products and services. Answer a few questions on its website to have the company put you in touch with qualified lenders that serve your financial profile. Shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards and more all in one place. The service is free and doesn’t affect your credit score.

Pros

• Sign-up is free
  • Comparing offers doesn’t hurt credit
  • Loans tailored to your situation

Cons

• Not all qualify for advertised rates
  • Might send you ads after sign-up

Bottom Line

LendingTree is an online marketplace that matches potential borrowers with lenders that meet their specific needs. Its services are free, and comparing rates won’t affect your credit score.

LendingTree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I should have never given any information to LendingTree. Would-be-borrower beware! If you apply with them, create a new garbage email and maybe create a google phone number because their shameful predatory lender partners will hound you by email and phone. If you don't mind a 25% interest rate as your best deal, don't even bother. I have a 750+ credit score with excellent income and low debt, but that was the best I could do. If you're worse than that, again, don't bother. You can borrow money from anywhere for far less--including loan sharks (9-14%).

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

In researching best rates for home mortgages Lending Tree kept popping up as #1 in my search. I tried it and got multiple quotes that were what I thought "too good to be true." I like to do business with local companies so I called a few and they could not compete with the quotes I was getting. My number one recommendation from Lending Tree was North American Savings Bank. I called and spoke to Warren **. The quote I got was far better than Quickens or any local banks. I decided to go with NASB.

All through the process I kept waiting for additional fees to appear. They did not. I SAVED THOUSANDS IN CLOSING COSTS. I got the best interest rates with no points and no hidden fees. I closed on my loan December 31, 2019. I highly recommend Warren ** at NASB. He was professional, informative and very pleasant to deal with. The process was much easier than other mortgages companies I have used. He made sure we met our closing date even during Christmas holidays!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I have been wanting a loan to consolidate my debt for a while and no one would give me a chance. LendingTree did and the whole process was fast and easy! I would highly recommend them. I’m so ecstatic to finally have all my credit cards paid off and have one simple payment instead!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

LendingTree made it quick and easy to get me the best rate on a unsecured loan. The rate I received was almost half of what I would have got if going to the lender directly. That saved me over $150 on the monthly payment!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Great source for comparison of rates/terms with Lenders. Immediate response, no waiting. Professional and you make the choice. Lenders available at direct lines for questions. Lenders suggested terms for comparison rates of your query are maintained for finalization.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The process for finding potential loan providers was super simple and quick from start to finish with Lending Tree. We did not have to provide a ton of personal information, and we received 10+ offers in minutes. The offers were from a wide range of lenders from banks and other lending institutions. We were able to see loan terms, interest rates, and other pertinent facts w/o even clicking on any of the offers. The offers included low interest, low payments, higher interest, higher payments, larger amounts, and smaller amounts. So, finding a loan that fit our payment, interest, and term needs was simple.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Overall Lending Tree directed me to Lending Club, which in turn, approved my loan quickly and stress free. Lending Tree made the search for a good loan company much easier and honestly, then some other high pressure search companies.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I have "good" credit and wanted to pay off my credit cards and also wanted a loan to help in the process of obtaining "excellent" credit. They showed me different options online of what my payments would be if I chose 3 years, 5 years, etc. to repay my loan. I chose the best option for me, applied online, was notified that I was approved and the money was in my checking account within a couple of days. I really like that didn't have to take time off work to go to a bank or loan company in person to apply.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have used LendingTree a couple times in the past, successfully. This time, one of the lenders recommended was LoanDepot, and I refinanced a loan with them. LoanDepot customer service was the worst I have ever experienced (in 30 years of several home purchases, car purchases, refi, etc.). Several times I was unable to get my loan servicer on the phone, or email, until I commented publicly on Twitter and was directly to customer care, only then the loan servicer replied. LendingTree needs to know how difficult Loan Depot was to work with, and consider NOT recommending them through their platform.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I went online to look at home loans. I then received several results which was good to see. However, immediately I started to receive many unsolicited phone calls from several lenders. Huge mistake! I told one of the callers, Basil **, a VA home loan specialist, that I already had all of the information I needed and was all set. I then said goodbye. His reply by text after we talked, and I quote: "Thanks for hanging up. We don't charge lender fees to veterans. Hopefully, you can stick that in with your results!" Can't believe how unprofessional that was. I didn't realize that Lending Tree would be passing my information out to numerous sources. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Applied for a loan with referrals from Lending Tree, had a deposit in my account 3 days later. They made sure to check my identity for security purposes, which made me feel safe. It was fast, easy and I got a good interest rate.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I applied for small personal loan and it was the easiest process I’ve ever had. I was approved in minutes and had the money I needed within 2 business days. No hassles by anyone and I did everything online. It was an excellent experience.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I cannot speak highly enough of the service and professionalism that was provided by Ken. His knowledge put me at ease immediately and made me feel like he had my best interest at heart. Thank you for your dedication and patience.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I needed a loan for my wedding and got matched with LendingTree, I submitted the application and in less than 5 hours, the contract was signed and money paid into my account. It was awesome!!! Keep the good work up.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I went online to look at home loans. Since that one time, I have received so many unsolicited phone calls from numerous lenders. Huge mistake and I’d never use Lending Tree who is passing my information out to numerous sources. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

This company is the easiest way to borrow money for anything in life. The application was fast and the approval was nice and smooth. The auto pay is convenient and saves money. The online login is great. Everything about your account is just a click away.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

It was great. I am very protective of my information being out there on the internet but this company that Lending Tree hooked me up with called Opploans was the best. I would use them again. Thank you so much. :)

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Went smooth and real FASTTT. Felt very confidence with this lender assisting me in a difficult time! This is my second time working thru Lending Tree. I highly recommend their advice on who truly will work with you. Thanks again Lending Tree!!!! You've done it again...

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I found this service to be fantastic and I would recommend it to every friend and or family member amazing and also super quick unbelievably!!!! I applied for an auto loan and from start to finish it only took me 1 hour to get everything done and funded within 24 hours again amazing! Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Need money to pay property taxes - will put up deed. I know my score is low but this will help me build back up my credit. Please give me a call as this is really important that I pay these as soon as possible. Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

From beginning to end, the refi took around 2 months to close. The lender asked for the same documents over and over suggesting that they had lost some of them. The loan processing department would take 24 hours to respond to any query. The lender wanted an opinion letter about our trust, even though we provided all the pages of our trust which answered all the questions about the trust. The opinion letter cost us $200 that we couldn't recover in the loan process.

We have refi'd several times over the last 20 years and no lender has ever asked us for an opinion letter. In addition, we were required to sign a form authorizing the lender to access our tax returns for years into the future, which no other lender has asked for before. This is paramount to congress asking to see Trump's tax returns. That info is private and shouldn't have to be shared on an ongoing basis. We did provide 2 years worth of tax returns initially and that should have been enough. Overall, we were very stressed by this lender and unhappy with the process. We're just glad it's over.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I have never used and would never use Lending Tree. I have never visited their website. They continue to call me repeatedly even though I have informed them every time they call I did not request that they contact me and that I am not interested. They have no justified relationship with me and I am registered on the no call list. They refuse to stop calling. Go waste someone else’s time.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I wanted to consolidate my credit card debt but could not get approved for a consolidation loan with three top lenders. I hesitated to apply for the Lending Tree loan but decided to give it a try. Not only was I approved for a loan at a decent interest rate and 5 year term, but I was also approved without hardly any verification requirements and had the money in my checking account in 48 hours! I am now almost credit card debt free and my credit score is on the rise, plus I know exactly when my debt will be wiped out!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Total waste of time. I spent 5 days trying to get a hold of a company they said I was Pre-approved thru for a loan for Home Improvements only to find out that this company doesn't provide those kinds of loans. They only do debt consolidation loans. Per the company Lending Tree doesn't screen customer properly which leads to this same issue all the time. So what was the point of me answering your questions if you don't listen to the answers?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I've been trying to to log in with every email I've registered and nothing. I'm waiting to know the status of my application request that y'all have claimed that I'm looking forward to receiving. This will be the last time I try to get a loan for repairing my credit numbers based on the recommendation I've been getting.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I have heard many people say you can shop for the best rates on the Lending Tree. My expectation was I would be able to decide who I wanted to pursue a loan with. Far from it. The reality is once you provide your details it is sold immediately. Within just a few minutes I got emails for everything from cannabis, to popcorn popper, personal loans, to nutria-systems, and the Rotorizer Saw. None of these products would I ever use and if you try and take your name off those solicitors, they will sell your email address to other solicitors. Thank You Lending Tee. As others stated, I was bombarded by phone calls, even on Saturday morning at 0500 AM and Sunday night as late as 2230. So much for me being able to choose who I do business with. Huge mistake and false and misleading advertising.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Was doing research for Commercial Loan possibilities. Made sure to clearly state preference was email contact. Right after hitting submit received a disclaimer stating that a large number of their "matches" would be contacting me via telephone even though specifically indicated my preference. Also received bogus link telling me to click to see the "Matches" but my virus protection luckily picked up the trojan built in and I did not click. Monday morning received back to back to back calls from one "Match" that I repeatedly had to tell I was not in a position to discuss financial information while with a customer and in a public waiting room.

Called their team back and told them to stop calling me and send me a non scripted email that I could respond to with an appropriate time to have the conversation they kept trying to interrupt my day to have. Complained to LendingTree Support. Was told that they informed me in their "Discourse" they explained that vendors would be calling me. I pointed out there was no discourse, only submit disclaimer after specifically indicating no phone calls. Last response was they were sorry for my misunderstanding how their process works.

It is obvious that this is not a "Misunderstanding" but Standard operating procedure. I also find it ironic that the "Consumer Affairs" site I am using to make this review has an advert to click on for mortgage options that takes you directly to Lending Tree. Therefore I suspect the "Verified Positive" reviews are probably less than legitimate as well. "Clicker Beware" LendingTree has some very deep and rotten roots.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Did an application for a personal loan, submitted all requested documents. Was asked for documents 3 times. After, it showed that they would respond by email shortly. 3 weeks later, I called them. I was asked for documents again. Instead I chose to explain over the phone whatever they needed. Application was being held up because my wife and I have a joint bank account and joint income. We’ve been married for 31 years! The loan was denied for that reason.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Holy cow! I have received rapid fire calls from their "partners" since I used their website. I can't stop the calls and I am trying to work. I have a feeling this won't be stopping. I called LendingTree and asked them to make it stop and they tried and they said it may stop in 24 to 48 hours. I hope I don't miss any important calls because I'll be hitting "end call" and "ignore" on the plethora of calls coming to my number, I want to cry. It's such harassment and a violation of my space. I had NO idea. But to access the info on LendingTree you must put in your phone number so stupidly, I complied. Ugh. Stop the madness, or don't let it start for you... Don't put your number in there, you WILL REGRET IT!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

This actually was a Great and Easy experience. The Web site was easy to navigate and in a few minutes I had my decision on my Personal Loan. They gave me Three different choices, I picked the one that best suited me and BAM the money was deposited into my bank account two days later. I thank you LendingTree for a great and easy experience. I think after the first of the year I may apply for a Home Refi.

LendingTree Company Information