4.0/5 (534 ratings)

Lock in your rate

Rates are expected to jump after the next Fed meeting

About LendingTree

LendingTree (NMLS #1136) is not a direct lender but instead an online marketplace that matches you with one of its partners based on a questionnaire. You do not have to pay a fee to use LendingTree. Note that LendingTree has been hit with at least one lawsuit regarding a data breach, and as of this writing, the lawsuit is still pending.

Pros

• Free, quick lending match
  • Helpful resources

Cons

• Not all lenders shown will be a good fit
  • Can lead to spam

Bottom Line

Shopping for the right mortgage lender with LendingTree is as simple as filling out a questionnaire. LendingTree matches you to potential offers that you can select from, but you might get frequent and unwanted solicitations.

LendingTree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

This is my second time using LendingTree. Each time my experience was excellent. Each time the loans went smooth and if something arose they kept me informed. The found the best solution for my fam6each time. I would highly recommend you using them for your loan needs.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

The process was so easy and painless. After I filled out the short questionnaire they sent me back some great options to choose from. From beginning to end about 1-2 days; I neglected to fill out something that was was holding up my approval and the company called ASAP to check up on me.????

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Lending Tree collects your personal info and sells it to other companies.If you want to be inundated with calls from aggressive salespeople who know nothing about your situation, by all means share your info with Lending Tree.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Nice to be able to do this transaction online and not have to go into a loan institution. The rare is very reasonable and I like the idea of having payments automatically deducted from my checking account. That way I will never miss or be late with payment.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I was looking for a personal loan with a low interest rate so I could consolidate my bills. I was able to pick a lender and get the loan with the exact quote that was on the LendingTree website. The process was easy and the loan funded in a few days. I was very happy with the whole process.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

Unfortunately I was not approved for a loan. hHwever I wanted to admit if I could used my title from my home as collateral but I didn't get that opportunity so that is the reason for this message. Your website needs to have a place on there where if someone has that problem at least they know what to do or maybe they just so to another company, I don't know. Well thank you kindly, I hope you can help me out. Thanks again. Lisa

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Easy... to read and understand, so I can actually make a plan and be able to tell how well or how bad it will actually work with my current limited finances. So far Capital One is all I can afford and have a considerable history with. AT&T did not do me any favors for my number meter thingy.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

This has taught me a lot. Good to know the right way on getting a loan. Now I know what steps I have to take to further my career. Always wanted to own my own business one day. Just what to get better and do better for me a my family. Thanks for all the help.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Your credit report on my account is not under my social security number. Your Privacy policy and security policy have been breached. I am reading someone else credit report and someone else is reading my report. Please correct. I will have to correct this with an attorney.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I wanted to view marketed rates, promotional rates, and reviews of lenders for a HELOC. After giving LendingTree some basic information about my situation, I was bombarded with no exaggeration 9 phone calls, 5 voicemails, 3 texts, and I'm sure about 50 letters in the mail are on the way (last bit is speculation). If you want to feel attacked by telemarketers and SPAM then lending tree is the spot for you. Cheers, Chris.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Well I keep getting messages about getting the loan I have been working on trying to get. Either I am run in circles from getting redirected or y'all send me messages making think I have another chance at getting it. But I have gotten loans through my bank and I still owe on them. I have my payment taken out of my check every month when it hits the bank. My credit score is going up every month. I would love to be able to get a loan large enough to to pay my bank loan off and have enough left to get my license straightened out and buy a used vehicle. My license are suspended from tickets I got on Massachusetts while in high school over 30 years ago. Mass cant tell me what the tickets are for so I am trying to get them dismissed and have to pay fl for not having insurance on a truck I sold. I did not realize had to turn tag in. My son has same name and there is items that are not mine on my credit report I am in process of try to straightened out.

We (son) live together so it does cause problems at times. I stay with him now in middle of divorce after 29 years and this is why I am able to have my credit go up. I'm on disability and have been for 6 years or more. I get 1353 a month. I also do stuff here and there to make a little extra cash. With a vehicle I would be making more. I don't have no rent to pay. If I was able to pay my bank loan off I could make a 200 to 300 $ a month payment with no problem. I am not too great at doing things on computer so if you have any questions please call me. ** Thank you for allowing me to explain myself best I can. Chester **

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Like most people we just spent years in the making to get our credit to where it is. Making payments on time, never missing payments. Watching credit scores all the time. But after all the hard work and the teamwork we are in a great place. With that we have the oportunity to obtain loans with great people like LendingTree. Honest and very helpful with advice on the loan and just a great experience with great service. With their help we will continue to keep our credit in tact and working on getting higher scores with their help.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

These folks SMILE when the speak to you on the phone..you can hear they LOVE what they do to help others in any way. We were treated with professionalism in their speech and we look forward to referring them to others. Though other lenders were at our beckon call...PROSPER folks will always be our "go to" from now on. Reward these folks. They are "difference-makers"!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

They offer a wide range of options. You select the best one for you. The results were generated in a speedy manner and the money was available right away. The customer service agents were very courteous and able to answer any questions you have.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Yes I will recommended this company to a friend. This a very outstanding company. This has been recommend by people. I would like to know my interest rate. Also I would like to know the current interest rate. How long would it take for me to find about the interest rate. I am look forward to the answer.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

This was my first experience with LendingTree. The process was quick & efficient. We were offered a few loans based on our credit history by different companies. It was so nice having all of the loan companies to compare in one place. Once we decided on which company could best fit our needs, the whole process went fast & was pretty easy. I would definitely use LendingTree again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I do not have an account with Lending Tree. I have been trying to get a loan, but have not been able to. I guess my credit is not good enough. I would like to get a loan to consolidate my debts which would be about 10,000 dollars. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I signed up and Instantly I started receiving multiple fraudulent unsolicited calls a day. I wouldn't give this company any information, they will sell it and you will get a lot of fraudulent phone calls. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I wanted to check my options on consolidating some bills so I went to LendingTree and put in a bit of information. I was supposed to get to a screen showing me some lender options. It would only take me to a blank screen. I finally gave up. I did this about a week ago and I keep getting phone calls and emails from lenders I haven’t even heard of wanting to talk to me about the loan request I sent in. I never actually applied to these places and don’t know how to get them to stop because I never actually applied. I’m worried about how it’s going to affect my credit now.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

No hassle, quick response, several offers to choose from. I choose the one that worked best for my situation. Would recommended using this process. Anyone who is needed of getting their finances in order this would be the way to go.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Jade ** was great. Listens to what I asked and replied quick. Your whole team were great with follow through calls, you showed care. Thank you. You explained all processes. Left no room for, I do not understand what is being done.

Robert

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I entered some of my information into LendingTree to get some quotes back. What happened over the next 24 hours has been insane. I've gotten more solicitation calls and also spam calls about winning cruise vacations in 24 hours than I've ever gotten the past month. My phone has been blowing up and I've been rejecting every single number that I don't recognize. While I understand that I'll get a few calls and e-mails as a potential customer, I did not realize the level of harassment and aggression from literally over 100 calls and over 20 voice mails left on my phone. They are also multiple calls from different reps all representing the same companies over and over. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I filled out their online form to obtain a quote for a mortgage refinance. It forced me to include a phone number, and foolishly, I provided one. Ever since, I've been deluged with phone calls from different phone numbers. I can only assume that they're giving my info to different mortgage lenders to call and solicit me. I refuse to answer any one of these calls to even ask them to stop. Some leave a voicemail message, but most don't.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I recall doing this years ago and never again looking for a home refi, we ended up going through Zillow and it was a much more pleasant experience. I wanted to do a simple inquiry about possibly doing a refi on my car loan. So you give them your personal info and details about the loan, then LendingTree forces you to put a phone number in. As soon as you hit send you are getting hammered with phone calls. I am just going to block these lenders and never use LendingTree again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

No clue how to use this site. Unsure how I receive quotes. Wish someone from customer service could call me or there was a number I could call and speak with a representative. Don't know what else to say except send me an email with more info. I can be reached on my cell every day by text preferred but you can also call.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I had needed to consolidate some debt. I am beginning my own business and needed to cut some expenses. LendingTree found me multiple lenders and provided all the information needed to decide who to go with, APR etc... Filed for my loan, sent the necessary paperwork and had my money in less than a week!! Now, time to build my business!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I called on a Sunday while watching football after seeing a commercial on the TV. The process on the computer took about 45 minutes. I got a choice of loan options and picked one. I sent my last two paycheck stubs. I then got a call requesting my W-2 from 2018 to further verify income. That was it. The next morning I had an email saying my loan is approved. The money I send to the credit cards I wanted paid off (as part of the loan process) is on the way and I just looked - the money is in my checking account. It is Tuesday! I cannot believe how quick and easy this was!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Difficulties signing in for credit score. Info suggests that I have a previous account. I do not. The street address cannot receive mail by residential mail carrier anywhere in this 100 year old community. We have a US. postal service mail building at the entrance. We have two legal addresses the 1st is ** the 2nd is **. All mail is received to **. It is the only legal address for mail delivery! HELP PLEASE!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Was long and kept freezing on my screen...but it told me what I knew already. No lines of credit for me!! Gave me some tools to use to get a line of credit hooked up for self after all paperwork and meetings are over at this time!! Thank you for your time and consideration...

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I love that LendingTree offers various options for obtaining better lending services (mortgage, auto; etc) and monitoring your credit viability in one location. This is so helpful in keeping track of discrepancies and developing credit worthiness. Awesome site.

LendingTree Company Information