2. Mortgages

3.9/5 (1933 ratings)

About LendingTree

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that helps you compare various financial products and services. Answer a few questions on its website to have the company put you in touch with qualified lenders that serve your financial profile. Shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards and more all in one place. The service is free and doesn’t affect your credit score.

Pros

• Sign-up is free
  • Comparing offers doesn’t hurt credit
  • Loans tailored to your situation

Cons

• Not all qualify for advertised rates
  • Might send you ads after sign-up

Bottom Line

LendingTree is an online marketplace that matches potential borrowers with lenders that meet their specific needs. Its services are free, and comparing rates won’t affect your credit score.

LendingTree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: May 13, 2021

I was trying to document a negative experience with one of the lenders on LendingTree. However, when I post the review on their website, it gets rejected every time. I have followed the exact guidelines for posting reviews.

Original review: April 29, 2021

A reputable company, they do make it possible for more than one Lenders to give a quote for rates. But the calls can become extensive and bothersome. We ended up using a Lender not arranged by them. We did so because the Lender we chose was the most responsible and had the best rates and conditions of the mortgage companies.

Original review: April 15, 2021

They are a good company agency that’s helpful with the loans experience that you did not know and they sure will be quite the right information. It seems like they advertise you to get the right help and the right source communication so you have the right information to get all the seed loan you’re looking for. It’s a good agency to help you with your credit and make sure you are with the right loan agency.

Original review: April 14, 2021

The mortgage brokers are exceptional. They do everything that they can to ensure that you get the mortgage you want at the lowest rate. I am dealing with a mortgage broker, Patrick, who is in constant contact with me regarding my mortgage application.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Clint ** helped me to refinance my car loan. He was very patient with my never-ending questions and was always professional and helpful. He was not pushy or salesy in any way. I would definitely recommend their services for your financial needs.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Blowing my phone up!! Just wanted little info and regret giving my email and cell!! Don't give yours! I have had no less than 10 calls in 2 hours from putting my cell in the LendingTree website when getting loan info. I will not use Lending Tree for any loans... they obviously sell your info!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I found the right mortgage lender using LendingTree. I will go to them in the future before I search for a company on my own. Perfect place to shop, compare rates and speak to potential Lenders. Both were legit with excellent ratings. Two out of the three companies contacted me within hours based to start the preapproval process. Great company.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Excellent credit score and moderate/high income. Rate approved from PenFed 2.89% for 40k vs 5.6% as proposed from Lending Tree. Understood that this is not their loan offering, but the fact that they can not pull together competitive offers (low 3% for Chase offer) shows that this is likely an enterprise that functions largely off of advertising connections. Essentially it is useless. Disappointed I wasted a credit check on this.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I used Lending Tree to identify possible mortgage refinance companies. In this respect the companies that were supplied were valid mortgage banking organizations. What I have issue with Lending Tree is their privacy policies. I don't know the details since we rarely read, in detail, the fine print but when I signed up in less than a day my email spam increased 400% and my telemarketing calls increased 500%; these volumes cannot be coincidental and over 95% of the spam was not mortgage related. I can't say it's totally on Lending Tree but if it occurred from the companies they promote/partner with then they should also be responsible for them. They're already making money from the bank that I will refinance with and if they're making money from selling my information that's not good business, in my opinion, as now I am letting people know what happened; coincidence or not.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I got an email I was approved for a personal loan from lending tree up to $8000. I signed the loan agreement for a $2000 loan and was told I had to put up a 5% security deposit because my credit score was below 700. Which would be $100. They wanted it in the form of eBay card or bitcoin atm deposit. I did the eBay card.

Saturday June 27, 2020 I got an email of wire transfer receipt to my bank account for $2000 from Apple Federal Credit Union. I was working with loan officer Dominic Leonetti from lending tree. My bank did not accept transfer until Monday and on Monday I still received no transfer and found out by looking online that there were dozens of reviews of people being scammed by lending tree and Apple Federal Credit Union does not work with lending tree and does not know a Dominic and did not do a wire transfer.

When I asked Dominic about this he claimed I breached my contract by claiming it was a scam and that lending tree didn’t trust me anymore and that he canceled the loan and transfer. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he was the supervisor and could cancel any loan he wanted. He then said if I called again he would block my number. I have not received a refund for my $100 deposit as Dominic stated would be done and he will not return emails and my calls are blocked. He is totally unprofessional and rude and disrespectful. Lending Tree is a total SCAM. BEWARE.

LendingTree Company Information