View Rates

2. Mortgages

3.9/5 (1933 ratings)

About LendingTree

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that helps you compare various financial products and services. Answer a few questions on its website to have the company put you in touch with qualified lenders that serve your financial profile. Shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards and more all in one place. The service is free and doesn’t affect your credit score.

Pros

• Sign-up is free
    • Comparing offers doesn’t hurt credit
    • Loans tailored to your situation

Cons

• Not all qualify for advertised rates
    • Might send you ads after sign-up

Bottom Line

LendingTree is an online marketplace that matches potential borrowers with lenders that meet their specific needs. Its services are free, and comparing rates won’t affect your credit score.

LendingTree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: June 29, 2020

I got an email I was approved for a personal loan from lending tree up to $8000. I signed the loan agreement for a $2000 loan and was told I had to put up a 5% security deposit because my credit score was below 700. Which would be $100. They wanted it in the form of eBay card or bitcoin atm deposit. I did the eBay card.

Saturday June 27, 2020 I got an email of wire transfer receipt to my bank account for $2000 from Apple Federal Credit Union. I was working with loan officer Dominic Leonetti from lending tree. My bank did not accept transfer until Monday and on Monday I still received no transfer and found out by looking online that there were dozens of reviews of people being scammed by lending tree and Apple Federal Credit Union does not work with lending tree and does not know a Dominic and did not do a wire transfer.

When I asked Dominic about this he claimed I breached my contract by claiming it was a scam and that lending tree didn’t trust me anymore and that he canceled the loan and transfer. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he was the supervisor and could cancel any loan he wanted. He then said if I called again he would block my number. I have not received a refund for my $100 deposit as Dominic stated would be done and he will not return emails and my calls are blocked. He is totally unprofessional and rude and disrespectful. Lending Tree is a total SCAM. BEWARE.

Original review: June 25, 2020

I made the mistake of signing up for LendingTree to find a good rate on a HELOC (home equity line of credit). Before I even finished filling out their online forms my phone started ringing and emails and texts started. None of them were for a HELOC, only cash out refinances which I guess make the lender more money but is not what I wanted. DON'T DO IT, you will be bombarded with hungry loan people bugging you for several days or longer.

Original review: June 4, 2020

WORSE COMPANY EVER!! I was furloughed from my job due to COVID-10 and I contacted Lending Tree first about their payment. Before I could even GET my unemployment check, they put a "comment" on all 3 of my credit bureaus with the following statement: STUDENT LOAN IN DEFERMENT DUE TO NATURAL DISASTER. I have been a customer of this company for almost 2 years; first and LAST time customer for sure. Never missed my $973 payment one time since I became a customer. I am in the middle of moving my family of 5 to another rental property but because LendingTree put this "comment" on my credit report, I was DENIED in the final contract process and after 3 hours on the phone, a LendingTree supervisor REFUSED to remove the comment stating that "well they are not supposed to be doing that, so take it up with them directly". Now with no place to move my family, we are out of options.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I was disappointed in myself (mainly because I knew better). I had heard 30 yr fixed interest rates had dropped. So I did a search online for the latest rates and LendingTree.com popped up and said to enter a few details to get my rate. I entered the details and when I clicked submit, my phone started ringing off the hook. It hasn't stopped since I filled it out yesterday. I should have known that it was just a marketing ploy and that it wasn't giving me rates... Lending Tree was sending all of my information to lenders all over the USA and they have all called me in the last 24 hours (more than once).

I am complaining because when a site says they are giving you rates... then do just that. Instead, I never got a rate, but a list of finance companies to call. Ha ha. Me? Call? Uh, no, I haven't been able to use my phone to order a pizza because I am inundated with random unknown numbers of lenders. If I wanted to blast my information to everyone in the finance industry, I would have clicked a link that said "Please send my info to everyone". But I didn't click that link. I clicked "Show my rate" and I still have not received anything with a rate. This is the kind of stuff that makes people HATE online marketeers. Not cool.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I really don't know what to expect from this. I just started my account and now waiting on response. I heard that this is one of the best ways to get a loan for important things in life you may need so I'm very anxious to see what's in store.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I cannot believe how fast it was. I decided to just apply to consolidate some bills and filled out the application and was surprised within 2 days that it was approved. It was so fast that I thought that it was a scam. But it was real. I would recommend them. During this trying time this loan gave me some peace of mind not having to worry about bills while trying to get through this devastating time.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Worst company. Very poor communication on what they plan to do with your information. Why would they send my information to 100 banks? Do I want 100 phone calls? Do not provide them your phone number. There is no way to delete your account just turn off notifications. I am consulting with a lawyer about that now. That seems fishy to me....

Original review: March 18, 2020

I applied on Lending Tree. Beware! Lee ** called me and took my application and then promised me 3.85 on a refi. Sent me the paperwork which was floating. Not locked in even though paperwork said locked in. I signed all my paperwork online and he never would answer the phone afterwards. Three days, 16 calls, 5 emails later nothing. I give up. Now the rates for refinance are 2 % more. He knew exactly what he was doing. This person lied to me and I am elderly. I will be following up with everyone and anyone that I can. I was taken advantage of and now the rates are sky high.

Original review: March 16, 2020

Their website will data mine you to death and then when you hit SUBMIT it WON'T give you any quotes!! JERKS!!! Then they will flood you with ads after ads from their partners. NEVER EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!! THEY ARE JUST A MARKETING COMPANY THAT SELLS OFF YOUR INFORMATION!!!!

Original review: March 10, 2020

The application process was very fast and very simple. No long pages of paperwork and forms to be filled out. Did not have to upload bank statements or income verification because it was already available online for LendingTree. Received my loan very quickly. (It took less than one week and my cards were paid off and the leftover money was in my bank account.) Would recommend to anyone needing to consolidate credit cards and also needing a little extra cash for whatever.

LendingTree Company Information