3.34/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LendingTree is an online loan shopping marketplace where consumers can connect directly with lenders for all kinds of financial borrowing needs. LendingTree functions in a similar way to travel, hotel and other online comparison shopping sites by letting consumers compare multiple offers from an industry-wide network so they can find the best deal that is right for them. Loan types include mortgage loans, mortgage refinances, auto loans, personal loans, business loans, student refinances, credit cards and more.

LendingTree Video
View More View More

1388 LendingTree Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 18, 2019

I needed a personal consolidation loan with a decent interest rate and I needed it in a week. I was skeptical, but applied with LendingTree who claimed they could find me a number of loan options within a few minutes. I filled out their application and, within 1 minute, they already had a lender who apparently was willing to lend me $5,500 with a monthly payment of only $147.. So, I contacted the lender, Best Egg, and provided them with a couple of pieces of documentation. I received the final approval only two days later and the money was in my bank one day after that. All in all, it only took 5 days from the date I applied with LendingTree to have the money in my account. An EXCELLENT Experience!!! Thank you LendingTree and Best Egg. Tony

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had been struggling to get some loans paid off and I was getting no way. Saw an ad on TV regarding loans for helping with paying off your loans and thought I’d give it a try. I was contacted by about four different companies and I got to pick the one I wanted. Was so easy.

Original review: June 17, 2019

LendingTree quickly matched me with a personal loan that fit my needs specifically. It only took me about 10 minutes before I was finalizing my loan information and receiving confirmation of my new lender. I will definitely be using them again.

Original review: June 17, 2019

LendingTree provided a variety of lenders for the type of loan I was looking for. Their information included lender ratings which I found extremely helpful in my loan quest. They also provided a listing of more than 5 lenders.

Original review: June 14, 2019

My wife and I applied for a home improvement loan and were accepted within an hour. Funds were deposited on the day we requested with no additional fees. We highly recommend to anyone needing funding.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: June 13, 2019

LendingTree was horrible. I was having doubts because they wanted me to send them money to rebuild my credit without getting a loan. So I told them, "No I’m fine" and the guy said that they’re going to charge me $350 and hung up. That’s not good customer service and they better not charge me anything or I will sue them because all I did was call to get a quote for a loan.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Went to LendingTree after experiencing frustration with my local bank. In a few clicks, I had offers from different lenders. I chose the most competitive rate and it was smooth sailing from there. What they promised, they did and in a couple days the money was in my account.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I needed a loan and went with LendingTree. They gave me all my options, and once I chose the company I want to use, the process was very easy and simple. From start to finish the process only took four days. I am very happy that I was able to secure a loan so that my family could experience a vacation together. They came through when I needed them the most.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Yes I will definitely recommended to a friend or relative. It looks like is a good company to work with for my purpose. Hopefully I get the loan and work out my personal issues. Thanks for the the time and considering my needs. Looking forward to work out my loan and my expectations. Thanks. Thanks.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I recently applied for a loan through Lending Tree. Within minutes they gave me a list of over 30 companies with a pre-approval. We chose LightStream and the experience was terrific. It all turned around in about 3 days. Great experience!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I came to LendingTree for the first time a few days ago to see what it has to offer. I took out a personal loan and I will be able to be almost debt free in 3 years. The thought of this thrills me and for the first time I feel like I am able to get over this mountain of debt I have been under for years. I am very grateful to LendingTree and subsequently my lender, Lending Club. I am also grateful I have kept my credit score very high so I can qualify for such a low APR. I am very hopeful about my future!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I was simply curious as to what the mortgage rates are at right now. I filled out a little info and the moment I hit submit - I was instantly flooded with calls from various unknown mortgage companies. This was 10 minutes ago now and I've had at least 20 calls and voicemails already! Some from the same company - who calls 5 times in a row? Yikes! Now that they have my phone and address I wonder how long I will be bothered. I was just curious! I had no idea I was signing up for this!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I used LendingTree for a personal loan. Process was very easy and painless! I would recommend to anyone looking to borrow money! Very streamlined process. I would use them again and refer to others!??

Original review: June 7, 2019

In my time of need Derek ** was able to guide me and help me to get the loan I needed. He was very professional, caring, knowledgeable and extremely patient helping me through the process. He saved my day!

Original review: June 5, 2019

I was interested (INTERESTED) in a home equity line of credit for some home improvements. I filled out a little information for what I thought was to have somebody (one person) contact me to review and discuss. Instead, from the second (and I mean second) I hit submit, I received dozens of phone calls, dozens of emails, and several text messages. It was so fast that so many people called me that for the first 30 minutes, I received 7 voicemails from people telling me they couldn't get thru. There was absolutely NOTHING Lendingtree did except blast my information to every mortgage call center in the US. Two days later, I am still getting calls from the same numbers and the same people. One number called me 20+ times in less than 24 hours. Just an awful awful experience.

Original review: June 5, 2019

The process was professional and quick. Also, the staff ensured that my business was truly wanted. Providing options by staff helped me make a smart re-financing decision. People should be open to those calls that may come out of the blue.

Original review: June 4, 2019

The company lies and doesn't tell you that when they send your information to other lenders that each lender can run your credit for a hard hit. They claim that your credit doesn't get ran but its a lie. Company is trash, I wish I never used them. Also their mortgage department currently has a class action lawsuit against them. I did not authorize my credit to be ran and will be disputing this.

Original review: June 4, 2019

LendingTree is pleased to announce in several places that your credit score will not be impacted by a loan inquiry. That is not true, as once a loan goes from LendingTree to Lending Club, something consumers are not told about, a hard inquiry becomes part of your credit report, costing you at least 3 points off your score. In other words, we are being misled by LendingTree, and I plan to report this behavior to the State Attorney General Bureau of Consumer Affairs.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I signed up for LendingTree. Asked for a loan for several offers, spend almost a week working with one of their jokers only to get denied for half of the initial offer after being told I was approved. Tried to leave a bad review for the specific lender and LendingTree denied my review because it lacked intelligence and thought I cannot help, but think to myself who in the hell calls a customer stupid.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I applied for a personal loan to pay off debt. In the contract it states clearly you got 5-7 days to cancel it. I was approved and I looked over the interest rate was ridiculous. Anyway, I cancelled the loan. I spoke to Julio first who was nice then he sent me to some guy who was rude as hell. Today 06/4/2019 at about 933hrs Eastern Time. This guy is pushing me to keep the loan and tells me the funds may be in my account and would need to do a reversal. I said I read the loan contract. I want the loan cancelled. He started saying if I apply for a loan again my rate may change. I was whatever. He was rude period! I don't like when someone is forcing you to get a loan crazy!

Original review: June 4, 2019

LendingTree found several companies for me to choose from to meet my loan needs. By giving me several to choose from, I was able to make an educated decision that fit my budget. The loan process was quick and easy and I had my money within a week.

Original review: June 4, 2019

The ad in the app said money for a home **. Around and around we go. The process takes too long. Is my social security number enough. I'm a disabled veteran. I should qualify. I have gi bill granted home and the is ** either a quick yes or no.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Loan application was fast and easy. I applied on a Sunday and was approved same day. Funds were in my account within 3 days after approval. A customer service representative even called me to check if I had any questions with the process.

Original review: May 29, 2019

This was my 2nd time using LendingTree to find a personal/debt consolidation loan and I was very pleased with both experiences. It was easy to apply and I got several offers from different lenders, some better than others but at least I had a choice. Would definitely recommend!

Original review: May 28, 2019

Didn't say if you are giving me the loan!!! The account you said is on my credit report from Commonwealth Financing IS NOT MINE!! SOMEONE ELSE IS USING MY IDENTITY!! But there was no place for me to click to DENY that account so I had to confirm. I have nothing to finance. Also I really need $5000 to move and get a car.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I've been looking for a credit card debt consolidation loan, investigating several loan companies. I have been paying $500-$800 a month for years to pay down my credit card debt and I tired of paying the credit card companies 25% interest and wanted to pay it off soon. I choose LendingTree because I received a 6.5% loan with a $260 payment for three years— and I'll be done! I did the entire transaction online, it was so easy, my loan was funded and my cards were paid off within a week. I now have one lower monthly payment and the end is in sight, I wish I would have done this a year ago. Thank you LendingTree!

Original review: May 22, 2019

I should've did a little more research before signing up at LendingTree. I have some credit card debt that I'm finally getting serious about doing away with, and I had heard that debt consolidation could potentially save me some money and simplify my debt repayment process. So I signed up for an account only to see what their offers would be, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

First, the offers shown online were terrible. My credit cards have better interest rates than the offers shown on LendingTree, like 50% less. As I have now learned, debt consolidation is pretty much a scam. To get lower interest rates and better terms, you gotta have stellar credit; but if you're looking for debt consolidation in the first place, you have less than optimal credit, so the offers will probably be worse than your current situation. Consolidate to pay more interest and fees for the simplicity of a single payment? No thanks.

Second, I now have every creeper (all from unrecognizable organizations) in the country blowing up my phone, sending me emails, and stuffing my mailbox full of paper. They know my name, my credit card balances and, presumably, the rest of my personal information. I guess this was disclosed to me somewhere in the terms, but give me a break. I'm considering changing my phone number it's gotten so bad. I feel like a piece of meat being thrown into a lions' den.

Lastly, all of these strangers are hurting my credit as they inquiry into my credit history. LendingTree told me that I would not be hurting my credit by seeing offers. I was merely curious; but make no mistake about it, you're applying for loans when you form an account at LendingTree. I would strongly advise you against signing up for LendingTree. If you're considering a loan for debt consolidation, I would approach well-known lenders individually and sparingly. Again – you will likely discover, as I did, that debt consolidation is a joke, and you're going to need to cut spending and pay off the balances with your current terms.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Top notch services from start to finish. Couldn't be more happy with the prompt and customer friendly attention I received. Thanks LendingTree for quick and hassle free customer service. Definitely will use again!!!

Original review: May 16, 2019

Immediately after submitting an application for a home equity loan, my cell phone blew up with hundreds of calls within seconds of clicking submit. Extremely annoying. To make matters worse, many of the offers weren't even for the type of financing I was applying for. Be warned.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Applied for a loan at LendingTree. Within minutes I received preapprovals from various loan companies with the amount and interest rate information to compare. I chose Upgrade, and within an hour I completed the online app and was approved for what I requested. Within 2 days the funds were deposited in my account. A very quick, and stress free process. Would definitely recommend to others.

LendingTree Company Information