Call toll free
2.64/5
Based on 135 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LendingTree is an online loan shopping marketplace where consumers can connect directly with lenders for all kinds of financial borrowing needs. LendingTree functions in a similar way to travel, hotel and other online comparison shopping sites by letting consumers compare multiple offers from an industry-wide network so they can find the best deal that is right for them. Loan types include mortgage loans, mortgage refinances, auto loans, personal loans, business loans, student refinances, credit cards and more.

1154 LendingTree Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I am trying to find how to delete my account on this service. After making 1 request for mortgage loan rates, I got 11 robocalls in under two hours! I will never use your site again because of this! Please change the terms of service so you do not annoy people!

Hi Charles,

We are very sorry. Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can add you to our DNC list.

Alyssa

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Terrible experience, Within minutes I got 20 phone calls, emails and text messages. I just wanted to see what kind of rates I could get. They took the liberty to let companies run my credit and spam the ever living crap out of me. Never will use them again.

Hi Kyle,

We sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can place you on the DNC list.

Alyssa

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

If I walk away with a car loan with LendingTree I will recommend to everyone I know and of course I would myself get another car loan through lending tree for all my loans and etc. It is easy and fast to fill out the online application for a car loan.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Wonderful place to borrow money from, fast and accurate service. The money is deposited the next day. The customer service people are very helpful and friendly. Their decision making time is great. You know right away if you are approved and if you're not they tell you to keep trying.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

While Lending Tree does disclose on their website that information would be shared with lenders, I had no idea how many calls I would get. The day after I filled out information on Lending Tree I received a total of 37 calls from 3 different lenders... Yikes. I have already refinanced my home and still receive 10 to 25 calls each day from different lenders. They call starting at 7 am and don't stop until 8 pm. While Lending Tree isn't directly responsible for this, perhaps Lending Tree can tell the people they sell information to to not harass people. I have asked the companies to stop calling, yet they persist. It's beyond annoying and very unprofessional. Please tell your clients (the lenders you sold my information to) that they cannot harass people by calling several times every day.

Hi Hunter -

I can add you to our DNC list! Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com.

Alyssa

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

LendingTree doesn't allow you to select the lenders that I wish to contact... they allow every potential lender to call you back... And I wouldn't consider any of those lenders with my future business.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

If you want your phone blown up for weeks at all hours of the day and night then submit a request for information. They are relentless and very rude. I would never do business with them or their affiliated funding partners.

Hi Jason,

We are so sorry for your experience! Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can add you to our DNC list. Also, if you have more details on these conversations I would like to look into whoever was rude and not respectful.

Alyssa

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

It was awesome... I didn't have no problems or have any issue with the application online. I would recommend this to anybody who wants to use this. It helps you out a lot. I love and liked this service. I give it a thumbs up and rate it at a five. Really recommend!!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I like this because I can sit in my own comfort of my own home and do what I gotta do. I just want to thank you guys by saying God bless you all. I wish nothing but the best for whoever you are and the same for your families... God bless.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I am regretting that I put my info in LendingTree. I was looking to see the rate and the moment I filled out my info, I am constantly getting calls. I even got some unrelated text about something... They must be selling my info somehow (if not them, the company they are selling my info to.) I filed Do Not Call with them. Let's see if that works. Another lesson learned for me. Perhaps time for a new number.

Hi Hotaek,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can add you to our DNC list. Also, could you send screenshots of the texts you are getting so we can look into this?

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I love you website. Wish you offered more options for first time and bad credit auto loans and personal loan. I had poor credit with 4000 month salary and 1550 monthly other income. Got 2500 to put down on auto loan or add to personal loan to purchase. Kept trying to get approved, opened a new checking account. But no approval in sight.

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your review. While LendingTree helps match you with possible lenders, the approval and loan details are up to each individual lender. If you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com.

Alyssa

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Applied to LendingTree today we received a callback. The only reason she called us was to tell us that she was unable to help us. She then proceeded to argue with us about us not being able to purchase a house without a credit score of 650 - News flash we bought a house that we have lived in for almost 4 years with a credit score less than 650. She then proceeded to tell us we were lying. LOL. Um excuse me? After that I was pretty much annoyed and hung up on her. LendingTree needs to review their customer service - something seems a BIT OFF!

Hi Audra,

We sincerely apologize for your experience. Can you email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with the name of this individual as well as what company/lender she was with? We will look into this ASAP.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I was simply looking to compare current rates. As other reviewers have noted, all I accomplished by using the Lending Tree site, which was linked from a Google search for current rates, was to unleash a storm of phone calls, voicemails, and text messages from various mortgage brokers. I HAVE YET TO SEE A CURRENT RATE! Despite the fact more than enough information was entered, to provide a ballpark estimate. Useless. Annoying. I see that the most common response to others complaining about this, from Lending Tree, is that they will add me to their DNC list. It's too late for that. Incidentally, I stopped short of entering my SSN into the Lending Tree online forms. Thank goodness I did not. But Lending Tree disseminated my information anyway, despite the fact that I did not complete their registration process. That's a bad business practice IMHO.

To sum up, I wanted to see and compare current mortgage rates, got linked to Lending Tree, DID NOT COMPLETE their process, closed the web page instead, Lending Tree took what I had already entered and disbursed it to multiple mortgage brokers. This site may not be the only one on which I write a review, for that very reason. Stop doing that, Lending Tree. There's no way to undo the mass publication of my information (email, address, phone). I do not appreciate that at all.

Hi John,

Thank you for your feedback. We will continue to work on our experience. If you would like to be added to the DNC list please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I'll add you ASAP!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Within five minutes of completing my LendingTree account profile, I began receiving phone calls and emails from Quicken Loans. Lending Tree waits 2 days to call me to tell me they can't match me to a lender. I asked why Quicken was calling me. I was told that I must have signed up with them. The only business I have signed up for in the last year, was Lending Tree. The rep tried to make excuses, but I countered that I had used my office number and that I had only had that number for 6 months. There was no way Quicken had gotten my number from anyone other than Lending Tree. Be careful, your personal information IS NOT secure with Lending Tree.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for this review. Can you email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information? Did you receive a no match page when you signed up at LendingTree? I'd like to look into this further.

Alyssa

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Unless you're feeling lonely and want to talk to several hundred obscure brokers for the next 4 months, AVOID LendingTree. I've gotta give it up to their marketing team, they are very good at putting lipstick on a pig. I had no idea that I was signing up for a personal credit chop shop. LendingTree isn't in the credit business, they are in the information business. The minute you sign up it's like entering Narnia. Except you can't get out and every character you meet knows your social security number and childhood teddy bear's name. I had to put Mr. Snuggles into a witness protection program to get him away from all of the legit harassment.

At least if you are going to sell my information against my will, do it to nice people, not aggressive middlemen who don't respect your wishes unless it fits their own interests. Literally, on every interaction, I had to request that they stop calling me every 18 hours and I would prefer to handle any conversation via email. Every time I asked them to please just email instead of call I would be given a ton of attitude. It was very clear that my meetings during the day and family time after work didn't fit their schedule so they just called anyway. At that point, I just started ignoring my phone completely. I haven't picked up a call from a number I don't know in the last 4 months.

The best part though is that LendingTree DGAF. As far as they are concerned, it's not their responsibility. They passed on all liability and blame on these rouge brokers. Despite throwing me into the deep end of a sewage tank with concrete shoes, there wasn't a single floatie thrown my way. When I asked to be removed from any future info blasts I was told I have to go to the broker to have my information expunged. How am I supposed to do that when I don't even know who my new besties are until they call me 6 times in 36 hours.

As you would expect, LendingTree is exactly like your butterfly tramp stamp tattoo that your Gam Gam loved (she didn't love it). It seemed cool for the 30 seconds it took you to pick it out of the stock binder of designs but very quickly you realize that it doesn't quite mean what you thought it did. You can do your best to hide it and try to forget about it but every few days you get a reminder long after you've already decided you want to get rid of it. Getting rid of it isn't actually possible though. The best you can do is get burned a whole bunch of times and end up with something that may be unrecognizable enough that people stop making cleaver bullseye jokes and saying you should have gotten a dinosaur instead.

For reals tho, you cannot cancel your account. I just had a lender call me out of the blue saying he just received my application for a loan request. Not the one from 101 days ago. A fresh new one "that I submitted". I didn't submit anything or approve anyone to submit anything on my behalf. But hey, it's not like it's sensitive information that could ruin my life or my families life if it got into the wrong hands... O wait, IT IS.

I am sure Alyssa and her team at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com are very nice but I don't want new friends, I want to feel secure that my sensitive financial information isn't the topic of conversation and Steve's next boozy brunch. I just want a simple basic request for some mutual respect and common decency to not do the exact thing I requested you to not do, several times. It's clear though that their network of lenders and resulting referral commissions are more important than the customer. Once your customers leave what's left? A half smudged butterfly above your ass crack that looks like a star if you close your eyes.

LendingTree response

Hi Nathan - Thank you for your review and feedback! I personally want to look into many things you mentioned. Our Customer Care team can add you to the DNC list and do it on your behalf to all lenders, this should not have been a problem. If you remember who you spoke to about this please send me their info. Also, if lenders calling were rude to you PLEASE forward me their information so we can address this ASAP.

You can send it to LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com. I manage this account and I'll be sure to have this looked into as soon as possible.

Alyssa

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I am not a robot. Easy to fill application. Still as yet unable to secure a loan with either your company or a competitive company. It's been a pleasure working with this company. Easy let down and given encouragement to continue on with my pursuit of a loan even to reapply again with this company. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

We have had a loan from you. Until Landmark bought you out. We have excellent credits with you and then. We were never late or did we miss a payment. Your staff was always very nice. We dealt with Roger and he always helped us. We were very pleased with your loan company.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

Don’t apply with LendingTree, they will only waste your time. I have applied and wasted 2 weeks with them and they just kept hanging up on me. I have tried it on several different occasions and still the same. They are sketchy and unreliable, and not fast at all. All of the companies that work through Lending Tree are very suspicious, you will regret it.

Hi Zuzana,

We are very sorry for your experience. While LendingTree helps match you to possible lenders the loan details and process are up to the individual lender you chose. Please feel free to email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with any additional questions or concerns.

Alyssa

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Easy to deal with! Great service forms were easy to fill out. Can’t wait to see where this goes. It’s hard for a struggling family to get back on the right path. Hopefully LendingTree will give us this opportunity we need to succeed and continue our business journey!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Going online is such an easy way to access a loan with no worries. It is fast and simple. No stress during your application process, you can get what you need done without any anxiety. The loan company checks all your information and updates it onto their system for you. I truly am grateful that there is an online system to help during times of need.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I still haven't gotten a loan. Trying for a month's now. Still no loan. I'm a Vietnam veteran and need money to eat. My luck has not been too good lately. Got my tires slashed and one of those tires blew out on freeway at 65 mph so needed to get another tire again. Also need brakes.

Hi Timothy,

Please feel free to visit our website or email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com.

Alyssa

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

12/12/17 LendingTree did not offer to pre-qualify. Instead LendingTree took my contact information and gave it to all LendingTree associates in my area. I have been bombarded with over 100 phone calls, voicemails, text messages and several emails in a two day period. I have spent more time cleaning my email out, listening and deleting voicemails, text messages, and dodging phone calls that just keep coming. Than focusing on my goals of finding a home.

LendingTree has been a huge pain in the ** because of how I've been pursued. It's like volunteering to jump pool of sharks after slicing your wrists, just as insane. The first few business hours after contacting LendingTree are the worst that's when most of the sharks come calling. I received a phone call at 6:15am from the east coast today. I'm 3 hours difference. These guys call non-stop from several different companies 6am to 9pm like you owe. I will never ever recommend this company or any like it.

Hi Andrew,

We are very sorry for your experience. Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can add you to our DNC list.

Alyssa

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

The application was easy and helpful, my approval odds are very high and I would highly recommend this service to absolutely anyone that I personally know. They're real lenders ready to help people out. And I am really really glad I chose this site and to everyone thinking about choosing this website to get a line from, I encourage you to do it.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Don't waste your time! Twice I've attempted to get a loan in a sane and normal way and these inconsiderate imbeciles unleash calls at me starting at 6:00 am. First, a company called United Royal called me 12 times between 6:00 am and 7:15 am. THE SAME PEOPLE and from two different numbers! They have no clue what they are doing and don't care that they alienate people. They are just there to harass, not provide loans. I asked for a fixed HELOC and received ridiculous number of calls all day, not a single one could provide even a regular HELOC! It's a predatory machine that just pushes what they want to. It doesn't matter the type of loan you want, you will be hammered by inconsiderate, incompetent and juvenile people calling at all hours to push what they want. I'll never do this again and am going to spend my weeks letting everyone know what a complete FARCE LendingTree is!

Hi Paul,

We are very sorry for your experience. If you are still receiving unwanted calls please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can add you to our DNC list.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I had a great experience and would proudly recommend my friends. The LendingTree staff is very professional and down to earth. They're a very pleasant help in a urgent time of need. They will work with anyone who is serious about business. I urge all to try it out. Thanks and have a blessed and prosperous day!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I was contacted by repeated providers to the point of harassment and went with Wyndham which cost me an appraiser fee and a ton of time. They had repeated requests and phone calls which was going to result in additional fees to extend my loan lock with no end in sight. A total waste of my time. I will never do this or recommend this to anyone.

Hi James,

We are sorry for your experience. While LendingTree helps match you to possible lenders the loan and details are up to each individual lender. Please feel free to reach out to us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com if you have any questions.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

When you inquire for anything at LendingTree they have very small print that says they basically have nothing to do with what lenders are going to do. What will happen is a half-dozen lenders will ding your credit without your permission. This is a very shady way to do business. Stay away from LendingTree!!!

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information so we can look into this.

Alyssa

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I was treated with respect - The program treated me with kindness, and I thank them for a job well done and the best way for me to tell people about this topic is to be in the actual per group of people who want to borrow money from the accounts that are available for lending to the various reasons.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I feel like you guys lie about helping and all you do is spam my email box. For once it would be nice for a lending agency help with things in an emergency instead of wasting my time. I have applied more than one time with this company because you keep promising things. Very disheartening.

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for reaching out. While LendingTree helps match you to possible lenders the actual loan and loan details are up to the individual lenders on our network. Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with any questions or concerns.

Alyssa

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have received non-stop phone calls, live calls, Robo-call, auto-dialers, call and hang up (with virtual numbers that don't exist) Day after Day after Day for months on end... Relentless calling from lenders and mortgage companies to my cell phone which is on the Do Not Call List. I have asked them to take me off the list. Made complaints to FTC. But it never ever stops. DO NOT CALL LENDINGTREE. They don't lend money... they sell call lists. Seriously!

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for your experience. Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can add you to our DNC list.

LendingTree Company Information