View Rates

2. Mortgages

3.9/5 (1933 ratings)

About LendingTree

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that helps you compare various financial products and services. Answer a few questions on its website to have the company put you in touch with qualified lenders that serve your financial profile. Shop for mortgages, personal loans, credit cards and more all in one place. The service is free and doesn’t affect your credit score.

Pros

• Sign-up is free
    • Comparing offers doesn’t hurt credit
    • Loans tailored to your situation

Cons

• Not all qualify for advertised rates
    • Might send you ads after sign-up

Bottom Line

LendingTree is an online marketplace that matches potential borrowers with lenders that meet their specific needs. Its services are free, and comparing rates won’t affect your credit score.

LendingTree Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: April 29, 2021

A reputable company, they do make it possible for more than one Lenders to give a quote for rates. But the calls can become extensive and bothersome. We ended up using a Lender not arranged by them. We did so because the Lender we chose was the most responsible and had the best rates and conditions of the mortgage companies.

Original review: April 15, 2021

They are a good company agency that’s helpful with the loans experience that you did not know and they sure will be quite the right information. It seems like they advertise you to get the right help and the right source communication so you have the right information to get all the seed loan you’re looking for. It’s a good agency to help you with your credit and make sure you are with the right loan agency.

Original review: April 14, 2021

The mortgage brokers are exceptional. They do everything that they can to ensure that you get the mortgage you want at the lowest rate. I am dealing with a mortgage broker, Patrick, who is in constant contact with me regarding my mortgage application.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Clint ** helped me to refinance my car loan. He was very patient with my never-ending questions and was always professional and helpful. He was not pushy or salesy in any way. I would definitely recommend their services for your financial needs.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I found the right mortgage lender using LendingTree. I will go to them in the future before I search for a company on my own. Perfect place to shop, compare rates and speak to potential Lenders. Both were legit with excellent ratings. Two out of the three companies contacted me within hours based to start the preapproval process. Great company.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I liked the ease of the application, the interest rate and terms of service offered, the expedience of the funding, and I would recommend Lending Tree to family and friends. Extremely pleased customer here!

Original review: March 1, 2020

I requested a loan through Lending Tree to help with moving costs when I sell my house. I had the loan within 3 days. The process was fast, efficient and convenient. I would recommend lending tree to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Jailene was great to work with. Very considerate of my time and was very efficient! We had an answer that day for the loan, within the week the money was in our account. Very fast!! We were very impressed.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Within a minute of submitting inquiries to Lendingtree.com for a loan, I was BOMBARDED with calls...literally several every minute. Within an hour I had 20 calls from one number. As soon as I would block one number, a different number from the same area code would pick back up the incessant calling. I REFUSE to do business with any company that harasses their customers this way. Stay FAR FAR away from this company. Do NOT submit an inquiry online...you will be sorry!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

IT was very easy to apply in minutes. The only downside was that I kept getting calls from all of the loan providers until I had chosen the one that best fit my budget. Other than that, I was provided with a lot of offers and was able to narrow them down with filtering tools which made it easier to find the right one for me.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

This company sucks. They can't offer better rate, not even close to my current rate. But I am more annoyed by the calls from different sources. I will never recommend anyone to try with them. Horrible experience!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I have had a great experience with Lending Tree because they make the entire process so easy that I had no problems at all getting my loan and seeing my financial health right at my fingertips! I really appreciate LendingTree!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

All I wanted was to check rates, which I thought was online; and then instead, I immediately get bombarded with calls, texts, and emails from loan officers (at least 15!). Website implies that one could check the rates online.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I received an add to view current interest rates for mortgages and was ready to refinance my mortgage to a lower rate. As soon as I input my info which included my phone number and hit submit, my phone immediately started ringing. Literally the first call came within 30 seconds of submitting my info online. I receive calls from at least 5 companies. I narrowed the list down to 2 and one's rates were double the other so I told them I was not interested and they would not stop calling me. I probably received 75 calls from them even after I told them I wasn't interested.

I probably would not go through this experience again and would just deal with my local bank in the future. The random calls from mortgage companies for weeks afterwards was not worth the contact made. I did finalize a refinance with one of the companies that contacted me but in the end, I could have done just as well with my local bank.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

Great company. Lending tree for guidance keep up good work. Been a great leader. Thanks happy with a fresh loan I received and will know you be there to guide as I go toward I life thanks. Been there as a helping hand on your search for anything. A good rating for new loans.

LendingTree Company Information