3.09/5
  • 1 star
Based on 241 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LendingTree is an online loan shopping marketplace where consumers can connect directly with lenders for all kinds of financial borrowing needs. LendingTree functions in a similar way to travel, hotel and other online comparison shopping sites by letting consumers compare multiple offers from an industry-wide network so they can find the best deal that is right for them. Loan types include mortgage loans, mortgage refinances, auto loans, personal loans, business loans, student refinances, credit cards and more.

LendingTree Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

1085 LendingTree Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Lending scam! - The website says they will let you compare loans! But as soon as you give them info the calls start! If you want to be inundated with call give them your info! But there is no side by side comparison that I could find!

Hi Harold,

Thank you for reaching out. You can look at rates through the link below, however please keep in mind that these are not personalized rates as they do not require you to input any personal information.

Also, please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I will be happy to add you to our DNC list!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

They said my credit score would not go down. The offers I got were higher rates than what I am paying now and they want money upfront. I had to turn off my phone and will probably change my phone # & email address. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Hi Deborah,

Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can add you to our DNC list!

Alyssa

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Thank you for considering my application. I would really appreciate your confederation and getting me approve. I have had a very hard time and I really appreciate it due to the fact that I'm trying to accomplish and succeed to get ahead to pay-off on my debts so that I can have a peace of mind. And like that I only have to pay only one lender instead of all the little people... Thank you once again.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

After more than 3 days of going back and forth with a Lending Tree "professional" she tells me my best bet is to rent a year and then try for a loan later. Because we are transferring to a new state and we will need to find new employment. Wow, really. That is your best advice for a couple that has a guaranteed minimum income of $80,000 (if my wife gave up being a registered nurse and I closed my retirement gun business), the option to use a VA backing, $60,000 in investments, $35,000 in savings, a rental income, my credit score of 767 and hers of 797, after they pulled them. Seems to me I had someone with a lack of knowledge helping me or buying a home became extremely difficult. Either way, contacting Lending Tree was pointless and I can't even get back the credit score points they stole from us by wasting our time.

Hi Josh,

Thank you for reaching out. Was this information from a LendingTree employee or from a lender you were matched with?

Insufficient response received
Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

This was a decent site to use to find information about a loan. I'm looking for a small loan that could be paid off in a reasonable time and it seems this site may be able to accommodate my needs. Hopefully the money comes within a reasonable time frame.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LendingTree?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Was looking for refinancing my home and never received any response. Could someone contact me about this. We have been looking for help for about 5 years now. I know our credit scores are low, they have not always been like this. I was off work for 2 months and things started to go downhill from there. So we could really use some help. I hope you will consider helping us. We are just a couple trying to live the American Dream.

Hi Marcelyn,

Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so we can learn more about your situation. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

From what I read in complaints, Lending Tree sends out many requests to many lenders once you supply your info with them. Most of us need to be careful with our credit scores in order to obtain loans. I just read someone claimed he had 6 lenders who had done hard credit inquiries on him. BOOM! Down goes your credit score quickly. For most people, one additional credit inquiry will take less than five points off their FICO Scores. 25 or 30 points off your score could make a big difference in obtaining credit.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I enjoy the way you help to get the loan for me. I know when you are ready to loan when I get the information to me. All will be on, I can only hope that the Lord will bless and help in the future. It's almost done. Just keep it up to see the best information about the loan.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I just wanted a peek at what my potential auto loan rate would be for an estimated amount. I had ZERO intention of actually applying for a loan or buying a car at this time. NOWHERE along the way in this research process did Lending Tree say they were ACTUALLY applying for a loan on my behalf!! They made it seem like I was only receiving info on the rate. I NEVER approved submitting a loan applications and Lending Tree NEVER disclosed that this casual research would trigger a hard inquiry!! And you can now also sprinkle on 3-5 spam robo calls a day regarding my car, an auto loan, warranty, or some other auto related scam. AVOID.

Hi Daniel,

Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and we can add you to our DNC list.

Alyssa

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Easy to use and happy to help with the mortgage process. I look forward to the results. How many offer we get was amazing. The interest rates were extremely low and it did not matter your credit score is. I am moving across country and I have been approved.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I never place my cell phone number online. If a company asks, I just stop the application. I only give it directly to a bank or other institution. I made an exception and since then have had 2 IRS scams, several calls for automobile warranties, home warranties and just now I apparently "won a $20,000" grant. Also, the lenders that contacted me were headhunters, making suggestions that I remove my name from Lending Tree, so I "would not be bothered by other lenders" I read it as "so I won't have competition from other lenders." I never had any problems with this type of call until I submitted the application. I will never do something like this again.

The actual offers? These were not the best offers, more like haggling in a bazaar. When I declined an offer, the next day they said the rate had dropped overnight (no changes in prime rates that day). When I said I needed 4 days (weekend and Monday, to check things out), I was still called and pressured daily to ask if I had made a decision. I know everyone is trying to make money, I accept that, but Lending Tree and their lenders abuse the opportunity. Good words? The new lender calls stopped just over 24 hours after I called Lending Tree and asked to be put on the do not call list. The phishing calls did not.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for your experience. If you don't mind, could you email me more details around your experience along with Lender names and details? LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com.

Alyssa

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Very highly recommend your company. Thank you Sheri. You have me a lot letting me know how and WHERE to go and who to talk to. Your site is easy to follow. I really needed your help for some time. I wish I had done it this early. Just didn't know and who to talk to. Thank you for your help.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Like I said before, I hope they're these credit people that rates people like they're doing me for the past 4 weeks to not let me get a car. I hope they want something one day and I got control of it, will see if they ever get control of anything. I'll treat them like I do me. I ain't done anything wrong in 8 years, no bad credit, nothing. They hold that against me. Call someone else. Stole my identity. Tim ** and Sarah ** is the ones that done it. I know. I can prove it.

Hi Jerry,

Please email us at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have gotten approved for my loan but every time must deal with credit score business after one or two. I have my numbers besides the fact I pay Lexington law for my reports and help but no way past this score business. Please give me the loan approved for more than once. Thank you.

Hi Malissa,

Thank you for reaching out! While LendingTree helps match you with possible lenders the loan details are up to the individual lender you choose. Please feel free to email me if you have any additional questions at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com.

Alyssa

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

Very helpful in providing info. Taught a old dog a new trick. Very insightful. I feel much more confident with this option for me. Feel better informed to make the right decision for myself and my family. Even received credit score and financial recommendations that I can use to better my financial standing.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I do not have a account with this company but I'm trying to Attain one. I have poor credit but trying to start One. I'm widow trying to get a second chance with credit. Retired and need a small loan of 300.00 dollars. If you trust I will pay the loan back in a timely Manner.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

I tried this site to apply for an RV loan, my credit score is 729. I went through the whole process and they found me no offers and said that I need credit repair help that my credit score is below 640!? So I don't know what the heck is going on with this site but I would avoid them like the plague.

Hi Shawn,

I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information so we can look into this further.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I owe a couple of doctor bills from about three years ago. I also have a loan that I owe, but I was cut off my ssi and disability. If you could help me to get all this taken care of, you don't know what that would mean to me. I'm trying to get a new life again.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I need this loan to start fixing up some property that my mom left me when she died but that was back in 1994, my other brother has took over everything. I find out my mom had a will but my older brother don't think we know about it, so I need to pay for a lawyer so then I can become a administrator over. The property we have is just falling apart. I need to take control of the apartments we have because my brother is not doing anything for the apartments, he just keep collecting the rent and doing nothing for the apartments, the money is going in his pocket. He is suppose to share that among with the other siblings but he not.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Would recommend to a friend, very easy to use and very helpful. Quick and painless I am very pleased with my experience. Didn't think it would be such a fast easy experience. I am pleasantly surprised and looking forward to my future with this company. They have a great format and helpful customer service. I will recommend to as many people as I can.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Needed a loan for business and it keeps telling me it cannot access my account. And to ask to rate an app that you can't use is just crazy. Why would anyone give you a good rating after that? And to have to rate before you can even move forward before you can see if you can even use the service is again unhelpful to the customer as well as the site.

Hi Justin,

Thank you for providing this feedback. Please email me at LendingtreeSocial@Lendingtree.com so we can look into this further.

Alyssa

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

Can't stop emails from Lending Tree. Started receiving emails awhile back to someone named "Tawnya". "Tawnya you can save money on balance transfers" etc. Evidently Tawnya filled out something online and made up an email address and that email address turned out to be mine. I called Lending Tree and was told the email would be removed and I would not receive any more of the emails. I continued to receive them. I clicked on the unsubscribe in the email and a window popped up telling me I had been unsubscribed from all emails. I continued to receive them. I did the 'unsubscribe' again and now I continue to get emails from Lending Tree. They just don't have the name Tawnya on them anymore. Please stop sending me emails. I'm not interested.

HI Johnny,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com so I can look into this further.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

First of all, don't fill out your information if you do not want at least six new inquiries on your credit bureaus. The site guided me to "check rates" for auto refinancing and according to the site, I had to fill out my info in order to see what rates were available. I thought I was only going to get a range of what was available through the lenders they work with, not actual credit inquiries. Nowhere did I fill out my full social security number, nor check a box, or click a button where I agreed to let Lending Tree check my credit and automatically send my info to other lenders to check my credit on their own to make offer determinations.

I now have six new inquiries on at least one of my credit bureaus before I even decided on what lender I wanted to move forward with. I'm sure this caused my score to lower somewhat. Don't use this service if you don't want multiple hard inquiries on your credit bureaus before you even get a chance to select the companies you want to work with.

Hi Daniel,

I'm very sorry for your experience. While most of our products only do a soft credit pull, our autos product is one that does a hard pull. However, all hard pulls made within the same time frame will be lumped together as one pull. Please feel free to reach out to me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com for any additional questions.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Constant calls at all hours, even though loan not with any help from them was completed. No apologies from people who when we respond to call just hang up on us. They should have checked and updated their records that loan was completed. I don't know of any account requirement offered or given but they are the only company I recall for loan info.

Hi James,

I sincerely apologize for your experience. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can add you to our DNC list.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I would like you to lend me money and pay in a short time possible. Thanks. Am a truck driver and I will relocating to my employer town if I get the money. I am very hard worker and am sure I will pay the money on time. Thank you in advance.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Credit Karma is partially responsible. I have a credit score of 752 and applied for a personal loan with Lending Tree which was recommended from Credit Karma site saying I was approved. Well apparently I got declined once I filled in my full info. I have been getting multiple harassing phone calls from predator lenders every day for the last 22 months. They lie without shame and done over 80 illegal inquiries on my credit report, many times they call they don't even say anything, they just hang up. Horrible disgusting experience.

Hi Mario,

I'm very sorry for your experience. While LendingTree helps match you to possible lenders, the loan details and process is up to the individual lender you choose. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with more information so I can look into this further.

Alyssa

Original review: July 29, 2017

I was shopping for a loan and made the mistake of checking on Lending Tree. I was apprehensive and should have followed my gut. Now, I'm getting about 6 to 8 calls per day. It would probably be a higher number but I keep blocking numbers as they come in. And, I'm getting emails that acknowledge that they know I've blocked them. Do they think that an email will make their annoying and incessant calling ok? Stay away unless you are lonely and have lots of time to accept call after call.

Hi J -

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize for your experience. Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com and I can add you to our DNC list.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Looking to own a nice home and be happy I never went this way for help so. It feels good trying new things and helping myself for the better. Thanks for everything for trying to help a woman that's trying to better my life and start off fresh.

Original review: July 26, 2017

Since transition could not find my credit score, I was rejected. I belong to Equifax and my credit score is automatically updated. Maybe you should check Equifax before rejecting potential clients? Obviously you don't need new customers and would rather spend your marketing money on expensive TV ads rather than have customers come to you at almost no cost!

LendingTree response

Hi Jerry - Please email me at LendingTreeSocial@LendingTree.com with additional details so we can look into this.

Alyssa

Original review: July 25, 2017

I would definitely recommend a friend to apply here. My loan process was very fair and easy to follow. All questions were easily answered and easy to follow. I only wish I would have been accepted. Hopefully they will be able to guide me to one that will help me. Thank you for all your help. I desperately need this loan right now and hope there is one out there that will help me in this process.

LendingTree Company Information

NC
www.lendingtree.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use