It's that easy Request Information
4.70/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $3 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

991 Lear Capital Consumer Reviews

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: July 22, 2019

As a new customer to the precious metals market I called Lear Capital to inquire first before ordering anything. I must say that I was not satisfied with that experience, I was looking to be educated on what is good to buy, how it should be handled and/or stored, and just some general information on the varying options. I got no such thing, the answer I got was “gold is just gold, you just keep it”. Thanks **. I decided to make the purchase on my own online as obviously I wasn’t receiving any help on the phone, that was a much better experience although I did not see a lot in the way of education for a new consumer. Something in that respect may help your sales going forward and something to consider. Anyway I am happy with my (relatively small) first-time purchase and with the retailer as a reliable source. Thanks Lear!

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Arron was kind, informative, and patient with my many questions. As I was taking the time to get my money up and decide what to do, Arron didn't hound me, which I really appreciate, but only called once in a while. Once I made the decision, Arron made sure I had all the information I needed, moved through the process quickly and kept in touch as I waited for my silver to be delivered. I look forward to to a long (hopefully not too long) and pleasant relationship with Lear Capital, as I wait for my investment to to peak. I am very happy with the decision I made and am confident it will pay off in a few years.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Lear was the first precious metals supplier I dealt with, and the first I ever ordered product from. I enjoyed working with Pierre **, who is clearly very knowledgeable in the industry and no doubt one of the "rainmakers" on the Lear Team. Hogan** was very helpful in order execution, as well. My only negative comment: While I got what I believed was good value on the 100 generic rounds I purchased from Lear, having now learned a good deal more it seems that you're a bit high on your pricing. Otherwise, it was a very good consumer experience. You're on my short list of online metals sources and I will continue to check regularly for future opportunities to work together.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

My wife and I have been saving for a long time, and we felt it would be wise to invest in precious metals of some kind. I went on the internet to research information, and became extremely frustrated with all the information overload and pressure to buy. I finally came across Lear Capital, and spoke with Mr. Raad **. I explained that I had less than novice experience and knowledge, but wanted to possibly invest in silver coins. We have been saving for over 8 years and felt it would be a wise move to better protect our savings at this time.

Mr ** was very helpful and patient in explaining the various options, and based on our circumstances and goals we followed his advise and bought 300 Canadian, 1.5 oz Silver, Grizzly Bear Coins. It was a little more than our $10,000.00 savings, but we trusted his advice. All the coins were delivered on time, and we were very happy to get them. Now that the butterflies have settled down (lol) we are saving again and would like to continue to purchase more in the future. We appreciate Mr. **'s advice and help, and as soon as we can we will be calling him again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My personal experience with Lear capital was awesome. I needed to roll my 401 K over from my previous employer, I wanted something more than paper assets. Kelly ** answered my call and was very helpful to me in, investing in silver. As I did not have very much knowledge in silver she explained to me how the silver investment opportunities might really be a benefit for me. And with all the information she had given me, which was a lot she understood I needed to do a little research. I found after a couple of days that indeed this was the option for me. I am very grateful for the time Kelly ** spent with me and her patience, knowledge and understanding of my needs in rolling over my 401 K... Thank You Lear Capital for employing Kelly ** and her awesome integrity and the value of me as a customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: July 17, 2019

I was very satisfied with my purchase from Lear Capital, I first heard about Lear Capital from a talk show of Robert Kiyosaki. This was my first time shopping for silver and I was very pleased with the quality of the silver and the package it came inside. I will continue to use this company to purchase my precious metal.

Original review: July 17, 2019

Offer was explained very clearly by the Account Executive, Pierre **. It then went very smoothly as I sent my payment and the order was processed. It arrived here in good time and in excellent condition. I am aware that no investment is guaranteed as I have a modest investment in several Stocks that I have held for a long time.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Pierre ** is ABSOLUTELY 5 STAR!!!! He and his team were so professional and helpful. Every detail went so smoothly and efficiently!!! His caring and attention to detail was what made these transactions so easy. I do not have a lot but they treated me as if I was a millionaire!!! Definitely will recommend!!!!

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 9, 2019

I was slightly concerned about my investment when I read the cover letter for my order thanking me for investing in silver coins when I had only ordered gold coins. Also, I was surprised to see the poor grammar used in the advertising brochure. Otherwise, all went well.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I found Lear Capital randomly through an interview with their CEO. As a coin collector, I always like to see what different companies have to offer. When I saw that Lear had an exclusive deal with the Royal Canadian Mint for a Killer Whale coin then I knew I had to have it. I called and their account representative David **. was helpful and walked me through the process. The coin arrived very soon and the quality met the expectations we've come to know from the RCM.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Your staff is helpful and courteous. I enjoy working with them. The FedEx requires that I have to be available on the delivery date from noon until 8pm. Can that be narrowed down a little? 8 hours is a pretty big window. And last time they were late.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Lear has always treated us with respect and a high amount of knowledge to draw upon. This time Dan called to introduce himself and to advise us how we could improve our account. His advice was sound and very timely. He seemed like a caring guardian which is greatly appreciated.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2019

I was purchasing gold and silver by weight. I repeatedly told the salesman Alex ** I did not care about the form of the gold, I did not want to pay for a coin's value as well as the gold. I am not a coin collector. It was very plainly stated during the sale. I even told him why I did not want coin value. That I had contacted Roselin Capital prior to Lear and did not want to buy coins that were supposedly worth more than the price of the gold. I did not buy from them for that very reason.

What shows up at my door? Gold coins priced far beyond the value of the gold. Bait and switch, an illegal fraud practice and very poor business tactic. I was then transferred to Alex's supervisor. He proceeded to argue with me, interrupted me constantly, and at one point was screaming at me through the phone. I will never buy from Lear again! Your company has extremely poor customer service. I was yelled at by your management constantly interrupted and swindled. I will warn my friends and constituents, not to do business with Lear.

Original review: June 24, 2019

This was my first time investing in precious metals, after hearing great reviews from a podcast I listen to I decided to go with Lear Capital. I have no regrets! The process was made very simple and I felt like all my questions were answered. Thanks again!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Gary ** was my original contact and we finalized a transfer from my 401k investing in gold and silver coin. The first time I received a statement from the custodian I almost had a stroke. My initial investment had already lost nearly 30 percent of its value. Mr. ** assured me that the custodian's value is based on spot, or bullion price and I had nothing to worry about. Well that did not pan out. Three years into it my account value is down 55 percent. I have a new account representative and he recommended we convert to platinum. I guess we will see. All I do know is if I had left that money in the original account I would have a 9 percent gain. I do not recommend this group to any one. Do your home work and buyer beware!

Original review: March 11, 2019

They are polite. Understanding and very happy work with you and the way they talk very nice people. I always buy coins from Lear Capital. They're great people. I enjoy talking to them. If I get more money I will invest lear capital.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Silver Purchase - My representative was Kelly **, and I found her to be very pleasant, informative and professional. Her Personal Touch was also quite refreshing and I enjoyed doing business with her.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Yes, I recently purchased gold & silver coins. And I don't appreciate the "huge" mark-up I was charged. I paid approx. 530$ per gold coin, that was only worth 328$ at current prices. Not a good deal! My coins would "have" to increase 50: percent just to break even!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

The entire process went very well. The Lear Capital Agent, Matt **, was not only very informative while helping me through the process, he did an excellent series of follow-up though the entire process including an after delivery follow-up. I am looking forward to placing another order when finances permit.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

As a new customer, both Matt and Lev were very patient with me and to great lengths to make sure I understood exactly what I was purchasing and the benefits of my decision. I am very pleased with my relationship with Lear Capital.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Troy explained everything in detail. I was treated as a human being and not a number, especially when I did not understand, so he would explain again. Truly hard to find someone who does this anymore. It made me feel secure in knowing how this process works.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

The people I with were very knowledgable and helpful. I was often concerned with the length of time each step took, but eventually the process was completed, and my purchase price for the silver was locked in, even as the value rose.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My experience has been very pleasant. Rod explained everything to us before we actually did our transfer. Would recommend Lear Capital to my friends and family. The communication is terrific. Wish I had done this years ago.

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Updated on 03/27/2019: I see that my case says it was resolved off of the ConsumerAffairs site. Yes I did receive a thank you from Lear Capital for being able to resolve my concerns, which they did not do. I'm still quite dissatisfied with the way I was treated. You can go back to my original review "Misunderstood" for particulars but I would not recommend this company to any of friends. I can't believe that I was just brushed aside and replaced by positive experiences other people had. Good luck and watch the valuation of the products you buy.

Original Review: I realize that this review will be read by individuals seeking others experiences with Lear Capital in respect to making a purchase. I would recommend that you are clear with what you are purchasing. I know this seems like a no brainer but here is my experience. I got involved with Lear Capital through the internet. I am a 68 year old male wishing to put a portion of my individual retirement account IRA into something very conservative, with what is going on in this country. Let me reiterate conservative. I was not interested in investing in a product that would be valuable in the future versus a stable value at purchase. So I contacted Lear Capital with the Idea of buying silver coins which I have purchased previously.

My choice was Canadian Mint Maple Leaf a sound conservative purchase. I thought silver valued @ 15.50 per coin plus or minus was a good buy. Upon speaking with a Lear Representative I ended up purchasing what appears to be overpriced products that are designed to be long term investments, which is exactly what I did not want to do. I was told that gold was a better purchase as was platinum. But as it turns out it was comparable to buying a new car. I drove it off the lot and the very minute I purchased it, it dropped in value. 33% in Value.

The products were 1/3 oz. Gold Grizzly @ 670.46. By the time they got to my Strata account a day later the value had dropped to 423.20 a loss of or a commission, however you want to look at it. The same was done with my Platinum purchase of Platinum Queens Beast Dragon @ 1,150 a day later 799.60. The silver purchase was good and as expected. So in a 20,000 purchase one day I lost or paid 5,109.15 commission.

Now I ask you is that what you call a conservative purchase. I moved it out of the market to what I was told was a conservative investment. Notice that the gold coins are obscure at 1/3 oz and as of now I have not been able to find a value. The silver was market value. So I trusted the gold and platinum were the same. My mistake but I trusted this group would listen to my concerns and needs and sell me what I wanted a secure metal portfolio to make my IRA sound in uncertain times. Watch out and be sure you purchasing metals at market value. I can not recommend that you will get that with this organization.

Lear Capital response

Very glad to have had the chance to work with you to resolve this matter. Customer satisfaction is always at the top of the Lear Capital priority list. Next time, please consider emailing us directly to resolve your matter quicker.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Customer service from Lear Capital is excellent, this can not be overstated. Dana ** and Conor ** were just straightforward and factual people to deal with. Any questions that I had regarding a purchase were either answered during the initial conversation or followed up with a return phone call within a few minutes. Many companies brag about customer service, but Lear Capital definitely has it as their standard operating procedure. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Account exec was very helpful, however, he was out of the office for a period of time & had arranged for someone in the IRA Department to handle the RMD in his absence. Because of exchanging inventory which took longer to settle that went beyond the end of the year we missed the withdrawal for 2018. We have been promised a reimbursement if we are not bale to get an exemption for the penalty from the IRS.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Recently purchased silver rounds which I will be continuing for my grandchildren. Your company was recommended to me and I found the transaction easy and the website informative. The only real problem I had I was not able to use my debit card to finalize the purchase so I sent a check as instructed. due to the timeline I did have to go to APMEX to also order rounds so they would be here by Christmas. I will continue to order them from you now that I know the timelines but it is a bit inconvenient.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

This is something totally new for me, something I had never considered doing. I was very nervous about it but after speaking to the adviser several times I felt more at ease. I was surprised when I saw the invoice and noticed the shipping charged. I thought shipping was free in orders over $20,000.00.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My experience was awesome! Very informative and pleasant rep. Answered all our questions and explained his answers well. Treated me with respect and patience and I believe that his patience is what sold me on his sincerity! Great job Derek! Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I wanted to gift to each of my sons a gold coin for Christmas. My order was made about a week before Christmas. The purchase was minimal, but Lev ** expedited the shipping process and my sons received their coins by Christmas Day. This exemplifies a precious metals company that truly cares for its clients needs. Just outstanding!

Lear Capital expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 1997, Lear Capital is one of the leading dealers in precious metals in America. During its 17-year history, this company has transacted more than 2 billion dollars’ worth of precious metals.

• Spot price: Regularly updated trading values of gold, silver and platinum are displayed on the right hand side of the company home page, making the information easy find.

• Posted pricing: See exactly what is for sale and the price for each gold or silver coin with transparent pricing.

• IRA rollover: Get information on when and how to rollover an existing IRA to allow for precious metal investment.

• Price protection: If the price of gold in an IRA drops in the first 30 days, Lear Capital will adjust the amount of gold to meet the current value.

• Signup bonus: New account holders may be eligible to receive a $500 bonus when they meet the conditions for the new account promotion.

• Best for: This gold and precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg