2. Gold IRA Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5
Based on 1,078 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $3 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

BOTTOM LINE

Lear Capital provides updated spot pricing, informative staff and quick home delivery. Though the company charges annual fees to store metals, consumers can trust their investments are secure in the Delaware Depository.

PROS

• Experienced provider
  • 30-day price guarantee certificate
  • Physical possession and liquidation available

CONS

• Annual fees to store and secure metals

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Accredited Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital helps consumers diversify their investment portfolios with precious metals like gold, silver, numismatic coins and precious metal IRA accounts. The company provides its customers with a real-time investor relationship providing market data, insights and price notifications to help protect and grow investments. In total, Lear Capital has completed over $3 billion in trusted transactions.

To help its consumers make informed decisions, Lear Capital provides real-time guidance and access to daily and weekly updates. The company provides email alerts on real-time data for the price of gold, silver, platinum and palladium pieces.

Other features include numismatic rare coins offerings, market charts and price notifications. Numismatic rare coins are an inflation-resistant metal with a long-term record of profitability. These coins let consumers feel confident in their decision to pursue the options from Lear Capital’s rare coins section. Lear also gives you the ability to purchase precious metals at any time in the company’s online store, whether it’s 7am or after midnight.

For consumers who want flexibility in their retirement plan, Lear Capital can assist you set up a precious metals IRA.

To help with your investment knowledge, Lear Capital provides a coin encyclopedia that displays all American coins and their history. The company can assess the value should you choose to liquidate your gold coins, even those from consignment and auctions.

401k vs. IRA: The IRA Advantage with Lear Capital

Establishing a precious metals IRA with Lear Capital is a fast, easy and secure way to diversify your portfolio. To begin, a dedicated account team member walks you through the simple application process, which takes about 10 minutes to complete. Once the application is processed and approved, your account is set up within 24 hours.

Lear Capital reaches out to your current IRA custodian on your behalf to arrange for the tax-free rollover of your monies. The funds are transferred via bank wire and deposited into your precious metals IRA account.

• Lear Capital security: All metals are stored in an IRS-approved vault with Delaware Depository. The metals are backed with a comprehensive insurance policy from one of the oldest insurance providers, Lloyds of London. Lear Capital offers a three-step price advantage guarantee for every transaction, which provides each customer with a written account agreement, a phone confirmation and a written confirmation.
    • Lear Capital fees: Consumers who open a precious metals IRA pays an annual fee of $160. This fee covers payment for storage, insurance to protect metals, quarterly financial statements and 24/7 access to an online account for viewing portfolio performance.

Lear Capital cost

Pricing varies, depending on which precious metals you are interested in.

Gold coins$455 - $1,353
    Silver coins$18 - $14,000
    Premium coinsPricing varies

Lear Capital accepts cash, personal checks, money orders, wire transfers and credit cards. After a purchase, Lear Capital guarantees product shipment within 15 to 17 business days, though items usually ship in one week. Gold orders over $10,000 receive free shipping.

Lear Capital FAQ

Which coins are IRA eligible?
    Eligible coins include gold and silver coins like Proof American Eagle, Gold Canadian Maple Leaf, 2019 Gold Orca, Silver Canadian Maple Leaf and 2019 Silver Orca. A full list of eligible coins can be viewed on the Lear Capital website. Gold bullion bars that are .995+ fine and silver bullion bars that are .999+ fine are eligible, as well.
    How can I track the performance of my portfolio?
    The company’s partnership with IRA custodian Self Directed IRA Services, Inc. offers a secure, easy to navigate website with 24/7 online access to your portfolio performance. Lear Capital also provides quarterly statements that can be mailed directly to your home address.

Do we recommend Lear Capital?

We believe partnering with Lear Capital to diversify your investment portfolio is a smart choice. Lear Capital creates a real-time investor relationship with its customers, providing market data, insights and price notifications to help protect and grow investments for clients nearing retirement or want to avoid sharp market fluctuations.

Lear Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

My last purchase and all purchases were good. My first purchase many yeas ago was on the advice of a person named Steve, he suggested I buy numismatic coins I lost $50,000.00. The purchase thru Cal ** was good. A few years after that I cashed out my coins and bought silver bullion. I lost another $50,000.00, My mistake If I waited another month silver went up, but it's still not at the price I paid for it. Again my purchase was thru Cal ** and it was good. My last purchase was for palladium, it was against the advise of Cal **. That purchase was good also. That purchase was only $10,000. I hope I make something back.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

After watching an episode of “The Huckabee” program and seeing the ad for Lear Capital talking about owning gold and silver I decided to call and inquire about the possibilities. I was connected with Gerald **. This was several months ago. After an initial discussion about gold and silver I decided I wanted to go this route but not at that time. Gerald understood and encouraged me to continue to research the subject. I did and some months later called Lear Capital back and ask for Gerald. He was on the line and I told him I was ready to get started.

First thing Gerald did was to overnighted me very relevant inFormation explaining his services. From there, when I had time to make calls, I ask Gerald to get the process going. Immediately, Gerald has Eric, Lear’s IRA specialist to call me. They guided me through the paperwork process, helped me with the money transfer from Wells Fargo and Gerald helped me purchase and own gold, silver and platinum in a matter of a couple of hours!! The whole process was professional, pain free and enjoyable. Gerald went the extra mile and I even got a bonus of some silver which I was not at all expecting! I would and plan to do business with Lear Capital and Gerald again soon! Thank you Gerald!!!

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2020

In November 2016 I had the opportunity to speak with Account Executive Dmitri ** regarding purchasing coins from Lear Capital. Mr. ** took time with my questions and sent me information pro and con before I made my decision. He has always been there anytime I called and continues to be there for me. I might add at the time I was also speaking with another company regarding the purchase of some coins. His one question for me was the selling point when he ask if I was going to be alright with this purchase. I knew at that point, while he was looking out for Lear Capital he was also looking out for me. Lear Capital is very lucky to have an Account Executive of his quality and kindness.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Silver Maple Leaf coin order. I placed my order online but this time it was required to send a check instead of the usual credit card process. As soon as the check cleared, the order was processed and I received a Fedex tracking number. Lear is in Santa Monica but I watched the package go to NJ and another place before arriving at my location. It was delivered in perfect condition even with the out of the way trip. The coins were nicely packaged and in beautiful condition. Made we wish I had purchased more. Seeing the coins on the website is nothing like seeing the shining silver in your hand. Next time I will save up for gold.

Original review: April 23, 2020

This was my first time buying any kind of metal's of any type, Gary's knowledge and advice on what and how was spot on and I am looking forward to future buys with him and Lear Capital because of how great this first experience was, he is a true professional and gave me the best advice and help I didn't I DIDN'T get or even hear from for fact from a few of the other more popular metal's dealer's out there, Lear capital has my respect and will have all of my future business. Thank you again for being honest and forthcoming with everything from start to the Finish. I am more than pleased. I am thankful.

Sincerely Tyler

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Your Senior Account Executive Cal ** was a pleasure to do business with. He was sincere, courteous and professional. You may be assured that he represented your firm in a most professional manner. I would be proud to recommend him and your firm to my friends and family in a heartbeat.. I am most pleased with my purchase and hope to do business with you in the future. Sincerely... Robert

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Cal ** provided excellent service for purchasing gold and silver coins. He was very expedient at meeting my requests and fulfilling the order. The process to buy metals could not have been smoother or faster. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Experience with Lear Capital has been excellent. Great customer service. Always keep in touch and return all calls. I would recommend Mr. ** to anyone looking to invest in precious metal portfolio. Thank You.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I am having a life threatening illness and needed to cash out my silver for my health expenses. Dmitri ** has always been helpful in the years I have had this account but with this sudden need for me to liquidate my investments, he went above and beyond to help me accomplish my request. I will always be grateful for his prompt service and kindness. I will gladly recommend anyone to invest with Dmitri ** with Lear Capital.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I am very pleased the way Dmitri Koonce handled my situation. He was very polite and explained everything that I could understand. Getting my parcel ready and picked up at home was a breeze. Again, thanks Dmitri. Loraine **

Lear Capital Company Information