2. Gold IRA Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5
Based on 1,066 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $3 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

BOTTOM LINE

Lear Capital provides updated spot pricing, informative staff and quick home delivery. Though the company charges annual fees to store metals, consumers can trust their investments are secure in the Delaware Depository.

PROS

• Experienced provider
  • 30-day price guarantee certificate
  • Physical possession and liquidation available

CONS

• Annual fees to store and secure metals

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Accredited Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital helps consumers diversify their investment portfolios with precious metals like gold, silver, numismatic coins and precious metal IRA accounts. The company provides its customers with a real-time investor relationship providing market data, insights and price notifications to help protect and grow investments. In total, Lear Capital has completed over $3 billion in trusted transactions.

To help its consumers make informed decisions, Lear Capital provides real-time guidance and access to daily and weekly updates. The company provides email alerts on real-time data for the price of gold, silver, platinum and palladium pieces.

Other features include numismatic rare coins offerings, market charts and price notifications. Numismatic rare coins are an inflation-resistant metal with a long-term record of profitability. These coins let consumers feel confident in their decision to pursue the options from Lear Capital’s rare coins section. Lear also gives you the ability to purchase precious metals at any time in the company’s online store, whether it’s 7am or after midnight.

For consumers who want flexibility in their retirement plan, Lear Capital can assist you set up a precious metals IRA.

To help with your investment knowledge, Lear Capital provides a coin encyclopedia that displays all American coins and their history. The company can assess the value should you choose to liquidate your gold coins, even those from consignment and auctions.

401k vs. IRA: The IRA Advantage with Lear Capital

Establishing a precious metals IRA with Lear Capital is a fast, easy and secure way to diversify your portfolio. To begin, a dedicated account team member walks you through the simple application process, which takes about 10 minutes to complete. Once the application is processed and approved, your account is set up within 24 hours.

Lear Capital reaches out to your current IRA custodian on your behalf to arrange for the tax-free rollover of your monies. The funds are transferred via bank wire and deposited into your precious metals IRA account.

• Lear Capital security: All metals are stored in an IRS-approved vault with Delaware Depository. The metals are backed with a comprehensive insurance policy from one of the oldest insurance providers, Lloyds of London. Lear Capital offers a three-step price advantage guarantee for every transaction, which provides each customer with a written account agreement, a phone confirmation and a written confirmation.
    • Lear Capital fees: Consumers who open a precious metals IRA pays an annual fee of $160. This fee covers payment for storage, insurance to protect metals, quarterly financial statements and 24/7 access to an online account for viewing portfolio performance.

Lear Capital cost

Pricing varies, depending on which precious metals you are interested in.

Gold coins$455 - $1,353
    Silver coins$18 - $14,000
    Premium coinsPricing varies

Lear Capital accepts cash, personal checks, money orders, wire transfers and credit cards. After a purchase, Lear Capital guarantees product shipment within 15 to 17 business days, though items usually ship in one week. Gold orders over $10,000 receive free shipping.

Lear Capital FAQ

Which coins are IRA eligible?
    Eligible coins include gold and silver coins like Proof American Eagle, Gold Canadian Maple Leaf, 2019 Gold Orca, Silver Canadian Maple Leaf and 2019 Silver Orca. A full list of eligible coins can be viewed on the Lear Capital website. Gold bullion bars that are .995+ fine and silver bullion bars that are .999+ fine are eligible, as well.
    How can I track the performance of my portfolio?
    The company’s partnership with IRA custodian Self Directed IRA Services, Inc. offers a secure, easy to navigate website with 24/7 online access to your portfolio performance. Lear Capital also provides quarterly statements that can be mailed directly to your home address.

Do we recommend Lear Capital?

We believe partnering with Lear Capital to diversify your investment portfolio is a smart choice. Lear Capital creates a real-time investor relationship with its customers, providing market data, insights and price notifications to help protect and grow investments for clients nearing retirement or want to avoid sharp market fluctuations.

Lear Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: April 28, 2020

Silver Maple Leaf coin order. I placed my order online but this time it was required to send a check instead of the usual credit card process. As soon as the check cleared, the order was processed and I received a Fedex tracking number. Lear is in Santa Monica but I watched the package go to NJ and another place before arriving at my location. It was delivered in perfect condition even with the out of the way trip. The coins were nicely packaged and in beautiful condition. Made we wish I had purchased more. Seeing the coins on the website is nothing like seeing the shining silver in your hand. Next time I will save up for gold.

Original review: April 23, 2020

This was my first time buying any kind of metal's of any type, Gary's knowledge and advice on what and how was spot on and I am looking forward to future buys with him and Lear Capital because of how great this first experience was, he is a true professional and gave me the best advice and help I didn't I DIDN'T get or even hear from for fact from a few of the other more popular metal's dealer's out there, Lear capital has my respect and will have all of my future business. Thank you again for being honest and forthcoming with everything from start to the Finish. I am more than pleased. I am thankful.

Sincerely Tyler

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2020

As a novice, a first-time buyer of gold coins I didn’t have the slightest idea of how to go about it. I phoned Lear for information and to judge whether or not I would want to do business with the company. I spoke with Gary ** and after a long conversation knew I had lucked out, and placed my order. When a family member became very worried about the cost of my purchase, Gary had a long conversation with her, putting all her fears at rest. Today she is an enthusiastic supporter of my foray into the gold field! And I am happy as lark with my coins. All in all, a very rewarding and happy experience.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I am writing these comments about my experiences with Charles ** and my dealings with Lear Capital with my purchase of silver. I am very pleased with the experience so far. Charles ** has informed not only myself and my wife, Kim, so that we both truly understood what we were investing in and the best way to achieve our goals. Charles made us very comfortable with our purchase and has made it very clear that if we need any help, all we have to do is call or e-mail him and he would help in any way he could. This makes my wife and myself very comfortable and have very positive toward him and Lear capital.

Dan

Original review: July 22, 2019

As a new customer to the precious metals market I called Lear Capital to inquire first before ordering anything. I must say that I was not satisfied with that experience, I was looking to be educated on what is good to buy, how it should be handled and/or stored, and just some general information on the varying options. I got no such thing, the answer I got was “gold is just gold, you just keep it”. Thanks **. I decided to make the purchase on my own online as obviously I wasn’t receiving any help on the phone, that was a much better experience although I did not see a lot in the way of education for a new consumer. Something in that respect may help your sales going forward and something to consider. Anyway I am happy with my (relatively small) first-time purchase and with the retailer as a reliable source. Thanks Lear!

Original review: June 26, 2020

Dmitri was amazing in helping get to a client in position to place a sell order of gold coins. He was able to coordinate with the account holder, Clients Advisor, and the Clients Custodian to make this happen.

Lear Capital response

Thank you Chris for your business.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I had never invested in silver before and was apprehensive about the process. However, after a couple of visits with Dimitri my fears gone and from that point on, it was smooth sailing! I have been very pleased with the entire process and look forward to future transactions.

Original review: June 25, 2020

This is my second order from Lear. As with the first I am more than satisfied. Geraldf ** is spot on assisting me and providing what I want, quality and value. Gerry is courteous, friendly, thorough and always follows through until I have my order in hand. I am a small investor but plan many more purchases from Lear and look forward to working with Gerry. He has become more than my Lear agent. He has become a friend.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I am quite satisfied with my interactions with the folks at Lear Capital. I moved my IRA from Vanguard to Lear, and the process was very painless. They did all the work, I just read and signed the papers (electronically and physically). The staff are very friendly and helpful, and were in constant communication through the whole process.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Derek ** not only sold me my purchase but educated me as well. Having never been in the metals market I needed an education in order to feel comfortable with my purchase. Derek provided the level of comfort I needed to make the purchase. I had spoken to other companies and never received that level of comfort with any of them.

Lear Capital Company Information