toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was extremely pleased with my experience and with my purchase. The coins themselves are so beautiful. I feel I have made a start on a modest, but meaningful acquisition of actual precious metal assets. Lear Capital was totally courteous and professional throughout the transaction. BTW, I heard about Lear listening to the Dave Ramsey financial advice radio show, and he is a very astute man! Thanks, Lear Capital!

Lear Capital USA wonderful company to work with. They are quick and easy with their ordering (Silver Eagle). Problems are addressed fast but problems are few to none in the first place. I will and have recommended this remarkable company to friends and family alike.

I used to buy precious metals at a trusted local jewelry store but since Lear Capital has been helping me set up a Self Directed IRA to store my gold and silver coins I am using now Lear Capital as my primary source of buying precious metals. Craig is excellent in customer service. I finally have found a friend to assist me in wealth reservation with precious metals.

I was a little skeptical when I first discussed this with Lear. I did a lot of research to make sure it was legit. My follow-up conversations after the initial contact were very informative and very organized. I was always given clear instructions on what to do and who I would be talking with next. There was no pressure to buy and all questions were answered quickly and professionally. I will definitely be back for more. Great Customer service.

I received a receipt from the depository and they informed they just got my silver. It took 2 months to get there? I talked to Katya at Lear and I told her about their deal for storage which my rep who appears to me too busy with too many clients. He gave me the bum's rush quite frankly when it came to the order and the basics of the sale. When I emailed him to ask why did it take 2 months for my order to get the Delaware he did not get back to me. However, he did call on the phone and said thanks for a nice survey feedback and would not let me speak. Said I can find another rep which I have already been designated to head guy in that dept. which suits me fine and then he hung up before I could say anything. The girls in the office sorted out the delivery mess and Katya gave me free shipping in July when my first bill comes up for storage which I was happy about.

My concern with Ped is when I come to selling this silver I am not going to be able to make the deal because he has too many clients and I bet you it will take 3 or 4 days before I even get through to him and that is something I do not want to put up with. Also I was not in agreement when I asked when the silver went up $1.00 he said I made $500.00. My calculation was $1,000.00. I know because I dealt with another silver company for 7 years and for the amount I had 1,250 coins I actually should make 1,250 for every dollar it goes up. I remember that as I used to buy and sell all the time. In any event, I have a new rep and we sorted out the shipping issue so everything has been taken care of to my satisfaction. I am a Virgo and I am very articulate and I like things done right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

I was contacted by Lear Capital over 6 months ago. The agent was very patient with me and would continue to call me back at my request. When I was ready to make a purchase he was very helpful with which type of coins would work best with my situation. I was very pleased with the whole experience.

I dealt with two different men (Bradford ** & Chris **), both of whom were well trained in customer service. Both were extremely courteous and well informed. My questions were answered and they followed through on all promises.

I did an online order with Lear Capital, they kept me up-to-date with my order through the whole process. They replied back to me in a prompt manner. I have already told many of my friends about my dealings with Lear Capital. Lear Capital is for sure a five-star company.

Being 83 yrs old, the best I can do is to be short and sweet. My experience would have been a 5. The reason for a 4 is I have not received my gold and I have not received an update as to when I can expect the shipment to be made. All in all I am happy you are there.

The commercials one sees on TV indicate silver can be purchased for what turns out to be spot prices. Very false advertising on the part of Lear. Ethan ** is a great guy to deal with and really seems to know what he's doing but I wish things would have been explained better. I'm also not very happy with your buyback prices even though I plan on staying with my purchase for a long time.

Salesman was very friendly, patient and informative. Allowed me time to decide what and how much I wanted to purchase. Explained what the different silver products were, their different values today and as an investment for future. Gave me sound advice for my situation and finances.

I recently purchased your 1.5 Oz. Silver Snow Falcon coins. Lear Capital handled the transaction professionally and in a timely manner. Your account representative appeared to be knowledgeable and very helpful. Thank you for your service!

I ordered 4 pieces of silver and sent a check and I received the 4 pieces of silver in excellent condition. I am pleased with the Morgan Silver dollar coins and the American Silver Eagle coin. They are beautiful and I plan on ordering more coins. I just am new to this process of buying silver, but based on my experience here, I think this would be a Company that I would like to deal with more in the future, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lear Capital to others.

This was my second order, I liked both orders of silver, Danny ** was excellent on giving me the facts on both silver and gold. After he finished informing me of all the facts I decided to purchase silver and did so twice. I would definitely recommend others to buy from LEAR CAPITAL. I really like the Snow Falcon and Bear coins.

We have had a great experience with this company and the silver market. Our representative is very knowledgeable. He is very helpful with all aspects of the transaction. He is not pushy at all, and is very interesting to listen to.

Gold Eagle purchase- My order was done completely online, website is user friendly and there were no problems, order was fulfilled in minimum time. Thank you and the coins are beautiful. If I should plan on increasing my metal investment I will conduct my purchase in the same manner. Thank you.

Alex was very helpful in helping me decided what metal to purchase and answering my questions about owning them as far as the law. I was very satisfied with the purchase and delivery process. I plan on buying more in the future and only from Lear Capital.

My experience with Lear began in January 2017, due in large part to my phone being dialed by accident by account Specialist Kelly **, she was following up with another client but got my number instead as I was also on a list of folks who requested info. Upon hearing the voicemail she left (for the other client) I was impressed before even speaking with anyone, most firms offering metal based IRA services/sales constantly call, sometimes with blocked caller ID and for some reason never leave a message to return the call, etc. So I was pleased to hear a msg even though it wasn't intended for me.

I returned the call to inform her about the mix up so she could call the other client again, I am so glad I did. Once we spoke, she was reassuring of my intentions about a metals IRA and confirmed my several concerns about the current state of our nation's financial situation and the enormous risk the typical 401k and IRA exposes folks to, her knowledge on the subject of investment and policies is incredible! I had been wanting to move a portion of my IRA into metals for some time but needed to be sure it was actual hard assets, not the ETF's many brokers offer. Well that simple return of a msg to a wrong number finally got things in motion for me.

I don't remember the exact timing but I was eventually introduced to another account specialist Jody **, who has been absolutely awesome in the handling of my new IRA venture, she also has an incredible ability to explain the process with a shared passion for helping folks find some piece of mind outside of the market bubble!

As the process progressed, Jody took the time to explain various questions I had along the way, I phoned her on several occasions and she clearly and respectfully provided the answers I needed and could understand. I want to thank another member of your team but I'm not 100% certain of her name, possibly Samaria was also excellent in her ability to help me through the actual funding transfer process, despite my best effort to discuss my intentions to my IRA broker, he made no effort to assist me in funds allocations from my Schwab based account, Samaria? Was awesome in working thru the part of the process I feared the most, dealing with the folks at Schwab directly. With her assistance we were able to have my new IRA funded within two weeks or so. What a relief!

I apologize for the lengthy response. I want to be sure you folks know how completely impressed I am with the professionalism of your staff. I will recommend your service to anyone I meet who is considering a move to a precious metal IRA. Thank you.

I am very pleased with your handling of all my requests for coins. It would be nice if the time between order and shipment could be shortened. Is there any way I can speed it up, a way I can be helpful. I thank you for your excellent service and selection.

Daniel ** has been delightful to work with when I have dealt with Lear Capital. I trust him. He is always looking out for me and seem genuinely interested in my welfare. I have nothing but good results from Lear Capital, and I think that their personnel is one of the major reasons.

I was offered a special opportunity to buy silver coins. I think (and hope) that they offered me a fair deal that will allow my purchase to appreciate with time. I had confidence in my connection, Pierre, but this deal did not go through him. I have no complaints about the transaction however.

When I decided to look into a precious metals IRA I contacted 3 companies. Once I talked to Jody ** I knew I would use Lear Capital. Her clear and concise answers to all my questions was refreshing. She took the time to explain all my options and was not pushy at all. I hope to have a long relationship with Lear Capital and have already recommended her to others. Thank you.

I was told I would be notified by email when my order was shipped. I received no notification. My order was shipped thru FedEx and because we could not be home to sign for it, they kept leaving notes stating they would try again. I contacted FedEx at the number they gave me and tried to change up the time of day they delivered as I've seen their truck in my neighborhood as late as 7 pm. The response was no they would not do it but I could pick it up at their location. I took time off work to get the package picked up. All said and done the process was not that great.

I ordered gold from Terry ** my Leer Executive. Terry was very helpful, and informative. I didn't realize there wasn't more of the gold and he would charge me transfer money. I hope to make some money soon from it.

I had a bad experience with my initial account set. I gave them a poor review when I was surveyed. They responded to my review right away with great concern and did what they could to resolve my concerns. I thanked them for their quick response.

My assumption was that purchasing metal to set up my IRA was going to be a mechanical process wherein I purchased some bullion with a commission going to Lear Capital of a few percent. The representative presented another option, semi-numismatic coins with an enormous commission. Now I found myself in uncharted waters. I should have realized that I was in a high-stakes negotiation. I don't feel that I made a very good deal for myself and that I grossly overpaid for what I received. I am very unhappy with the transaction.

I wanted to share compliments to your staff. I am a small collector and do not make many buys. Compared to other companies you folks are at the top company, one who is my recommendation to my friends for buying silver and gold. I like your website, as it allows me to pick certain coins. I hope you would call me when you get more "Snow Falcon" coins as it would be a nice addition to my collection. I like the Canadian Wild Life Series. Keep up the great customer service. It is very outstanding. If you ever get the Snow Falcon 1.5 ounce coins, I would hope you could call me at **. I might to order about 10 pcs.

I took a survey about 1-2 weeks ago and voiced my displeasure with my experience. Some of the things noted was that I felt a bit misled regarding the pricing and Lear's margin of profit on my deal as well as originally being promised free coins and free shipping of which I received neither. I did state that both Tony and Lev were polite, courteous and knowledgeable. I was surprised that nobody ever followed up with me regarding my concerns indicating that you only wanted my business and that after you got it, as small as it may have been, you had no further interest in me. I was in charge of many service organizations and if I had received a review like the one I gave in that survey I know I would have been on the phone speaking with that customer to regain their trust and try to earn more business from that customer as well as get them to positively refer other customers.

Resolution In Progress

I am disappointed with my purchase. Paid $2018.16 for 3 1/3 ounce gold grizzlys. I thought I would at least get $2000.00 worth of gold. And it came in plastic bags all together. Had not been graded as real gold, not even in nice plastic cases. I would like to know why and how my situation could be fixed.

From Rod to Greg to Gina, from start to finish, this was a pleasant experience. Rod walked me through it, explained it and was patient as I went through my decision process. Greg and Gina made finalizing and tracking the completed transaction easy. Again, all questions were answered with details. I am looking forward to working with Rod in the future. My hat is off to your team.

Lear Capital Company Profile