It's that easy Request Information
4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $2 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

969 Lear Capital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My experience has been very pleasant. Rod explained everything to us before we actually did our transfer. Would recommend Lear Capital to my friends and family. The communication is terrific. Wish I had done this years ago.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Customer service from Lear Capital is excellent, this can not be overstated. Dana ** and Conor ** were just straightforward and factual people to deal with. Any questions that I had regarding a purchase were either answered during the initial conversation or followed up with a return phone call within a few minutes. Many companies brag about customer service, but Lear Capital definitely has it as their standard operating procedure. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Account exec was very helpful, however, he was out of the office for a period of time & had arranged for someone in the IRA Department to handle the RMD in his absence. Because of exchanging inventory which took longer to settle that went beyond the end of the year we missed the withdrawal for 2018. We have been promised a reimbursement if we are not bale to get an exemption for the penalty from the IRS.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I called Charlie ** one morning after looking at several different precious metals investment firms online. I had never invested in metals before. He walked me through everything and explained things as many times as he had to, to help me understand the world of investing in metals and how the market works. I felt very secure with what he had laid out for me. My coins were shipped and received quicker than I thought! The packaging was perfect. I know I have made a great long term investment in silver and with Lear Capital.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Recently purchased silver rounds which I will be continuing for my grandchildren. Your company was recommended to me and I found the transaction easy and the website informative. The only real problem I had I was not able to use my debit card to finalize the purchase so I sent a check as instructed. due to the timeline I did have to go to APMEX to also order rounds so they would be here by Christmas. I will continue to order them from you now that I know the timelines but it is a bit inconvenient.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

This is something totally new for me, something I had never considered doing. I was very nervous about it but after speaking to the adviser several times I felt more at ease. I was surprised when I saw the invoice and noticed the shipping charged. I thought shipping was free in orders over $20,000.00.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My experience was awesome! Very informative and pleasant rep. Answered all our questions and explained his answers well. Treated me with respect and patience and I believe that his patience is what sold me on his sincerity! Great job Derek! Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I wanted to gift to each of my sons a gold coin for Christmas. My order was made about a week before Christmas. The purchase was minimal, but Lev ** expedited the shipping process and my sons received their coins by Christmas Day. This exemplifies a precious metals company that truly cares for its clients needs. Just outstanding!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Gold and Silver Price Was Too High - This was my first time buying gold and silver and after checking other companies realized The Price I paid for .3334 oz of gold at $664 wasn't the best investment. I would have preferred the 1 oz gold Maple leaf, as that was a better investment. ITM Trading is selling their 1 oz Maple leaf for $1332.10 and I was under the impression that Lear price matches...

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I recently returned to the Gold & Silver market. Again I choose Lear from past experience. I was pleased to find the Company better than ever! Quick & courteous service, sound advice, real time pricing, great inventory! Have already recommended Lear to several friends & family members.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Lev is kind, patient and knowledgeable. He has been very helpful establishing my account and I look forward to a long relationship with Lear Capital. I feel so relieved to have 1 account invested in precious metals and as soon as the IRS allows, my plan is to move the current account to gold and silver. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Lear Capital not only helped me broaden my investments, but also helped me understand how to do so. They took the time to walk me through the process and arm myself with knowledge. I highly recommend their services.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Quick and simple. Crystal clear explanations of expectations for all involved, with no surprises or misunderstandings. I will buy again from Lear. Brian ** and Dana ** have their ducks in a row and communicated effectively to my level of competence. Real old fashioned Customer Service with good follow thru!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I saw Lear Capital's advertisement on the FOX network and decided to purchase silver coins. I called them and spoke with Morrey **, one of their senior account executives. Morrey was very knowledgeable, professional and courteous as he guided me through the process of purchasing silver to meet my needs. I have conducted business with him on several occasions and look forward to giving him more of my business. I have recommended Lear Capital to several of my colleagues and told them to ask for Mr. ** who will provide excellent service and make them feel like they are his most important client.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I was treated with dignity and respect, and promptness throughout the entire procedure. My questions were answered with clarity which pleased me and my wife. The order was placed as it was stated by your agent and we received it within the time that we were told we would. It all checked out to our satisfaction. We will definetly do any future investment transactions with him.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Upon emailing Lear Capital I received a very quick response and soon talked to live advisor from Lear Capital who was very knowledgeable and helped me substantially with my purchase. I also received a follow-up call upon receiving my precious metals. Thanks again Lear capital for a great experience!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

With my most recent investment everything went very smooth however my only comment is that I was surprised that I did was not contacted in any way regarding shipping and or receiving. I believe when I purchased silver before there was emails and/or a phone call during the tracking and delivery process. For me these investments are not a minor transaction so the notifications or calls are very reassuring. Overall a smooth transaction.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Representatives were a little more aggressive than I like, almost to the point of me opting for a different firm. It could just be the nature of your business. Shipping took a while but I got my metals and all is well. Overall good experience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I was very pleased with the explanation given, of what to expect with reference to my purchase. Everything that I was told was accurate and delivery was on time. All in all, my experience was excellent and there were no surprises. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I had one order with Lear, the coins that were discussed and priced were not the coins received. We spoke of 2017 and 2018 coins. When the order arrived they were 2015 and 2012 coins, two of the highest mintage years. When they tried to make this right and again we spoke of different years, they again sent a high mintage year of 2016. The paperwork read they selected the years, other than what the original coins were that were spoke of. For me that is two strikes of dishonesty.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

As an individual investor I value professionalism, breadth of knowledge, respect and honesty in dealing with a firm such as Lear Capital and its representative(s). That, and more, I have experienced in my dealings with Lear Capital!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I found everyone I had contact with at Lear Capital to be very informative, congenial, professional, and punctual in returning my calls. This is very refreshing. I would recommend Lear Capital to my friends and relatives.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

This was our first experience investing in silver. We valued the clear explanation of options available to us and the clear communications related to when our purchase would be shipped and received. Overall an excellent experience!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

My wife and I have been saving for a long time, and we felt it would be wise to invest in precious metals of some kind. I went on the internet to research information, and became extremely frustrated with all the information overload and pressure to buy. I finally came across Lear Capital, and spoke with Mr. Raad **. I explained that I had less than novice experience and knowledge, but wanted to possibly invest in silver coins. We have been saving for over 8 years and felt it would be a wise move to better protect our savings at this time.

Mr ** was very helpful and patient in explaining the various options, and based on our circumstances and goals we followed his advise and bought 300 Canadian, 1.5 oz Silver, Grizzly Bear Coins. It was a little more than our $10,000.00 savings, but we trusted his advice. All the coins were delivered on time, and we were very happy to get them. Now that the butterflies have settled down (lol) we are saving again and would like to continue to purchase more in the future. We appreciate Mr. **'s advice and help, and as soon as we can we will be calling him again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

It is a pleasure doing business with Lear Capital. Their website is easy to use and educational. Calvin ** is also great to deal with and has educated me and assisted me with purchases. I look forward to doing more business with Lear Capital.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

My personal experience with Lear capital was awesome. I needed to roll my 401 K over from my previous employer, I wanted something more than paper assets. Kelly ** answered my call and was very helpful to me in, investing in silver. As I did not have very much knowledge in silver she explained to me how the silver investment opportunities might really be a benefit for me. And with all the information she had given me, which was a lot she understood I needed to do a little research. I found after a couple of days that indeed this was the option for me. I am very grateful for the time Kelly ** spent with me and her patience, knowledge and understanding of my needs in rolling over my 401 K... Thank You Lear Capital for employing Kelly ** and her awesome integrity and the value of me as a customer.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Was a little leary of buying silver. Don't have a lot of money but I have invested in other types of things, which did not give me any kind of return, but I'm happy to say that I feel really positive about the silver. Dana ** was very helpful and I know that I need to try and learn more about this market, which I'm trying to do. Definitely will try to buy more as time goes.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

A live person answered the phone immediately and this same individual who helped me on the phone was smart, kind, humorous and helpful! Thank you for helping me be able to log back into my account within minutes.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I'm a small investor, and I've been treat exceptional by the employees of Lear. The reason I decided to deal with Lear is because they are in partnership with the huckabee show. The company you keep matters to me. I absolutely love the way they conduct their business. I'm also in the loop, I know exactly when and what is going on with my orders. I've have not had any problems whatsoever, and I appreciate that they have kept the process simple. And thank Jason who sends me emails to keep informed.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I ordered some silver coins, but had some life changes. Needed the money back. I cancelled the order prior to being notified that any shipment had taken place. Two things happened from the two people I had contact with from Lear: one person called and left a message that they were going to get lawyers involved, and the other one called on a line that had 'no caller ID' and told me I had to accept their shipment. I do not agree with either assessment. I will admit I'm living in a house that gets very little cell reception so it has been difficult for them and myself to make contact to talk. We were able to email back and forth earlier, but apparently that isn't a medium they will use now.

Lear Capital expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Founded in 1997, Lear Capital is one of the leading dealers in precious metals in America. During its 17-year history, this company has transacted more than 2 billion dollars’ worth of precious metals.

• Spot price: Regularly updated trading values of gold, silver and platinum are displayed on the right hand side of the company home page, making the information easy find.

• Posted pricing: See exactly what is for sale and the price for each gold or silver coin with transparent pricing.

• IRA rollover: Get information on when and how to rollover an existing IRA to allow for precious metal investment.

• Price protection: If the price of gold in an IRA drops in the first 30 days, Lear Capital will adjust the amount of gold to meet the current value.

• Signup bonus: New account holders may be eligible to receive a $500 bonus when they meet the conditions for the new account promotion.

• Best for: This gold and precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg