Find a Gold IRA Companies partner

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

About Lear Capital

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $3 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

Find Gold IRA Companies partners near you

Pros

• Experienced provider
    • 30-day price guarantee certificate
    • Physical possession and liquidation available

Cons

• Annual fees to store and secure metals

Bottom Line

Lear Capital provides updated spot pricing, informative staff and quick home delivery. Though the company charges annual fees to store metals, consumers can trust their investments are secure in the Delaware Depository.

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital helps consumers diversify their investment portfolios with precious metals like gold, silver, numismatic coins and precious metal IRA accounts. The company provides its customers with a real-time investor relationship providing market data, insights and price notifications to help protect and grow investments. In total, Lear Capital has completed over $3 billion in trusted transactions.

To help its consumers make informed decisions, Lear Capital provides real-time guidance and access to daily and weekly updates. The company provides email alerts on real-time data for the price of gold, silver, platinum and palladium pieces.

Other features include numismatic rare coins offerings, market charts and price notifications. Numismatic rare coins are an inflation-resistant metal with a long-term record of profitability. These coins let consumers feel confident in their decision to pursue the options from Lear Capital’s rare coins section. Lear also gives you the ability to purchase precious metals at any time in the company’s online store, whether it’s 7am or after midnight.

For consumers who want flexibility in their retirement plan, Lear Capital can assist you set up a precious metals IRA.

To help with your investment knowledge, Lear Capital provides a coin encyclopedia that displays all American coins and their history. The company can assess the value should you choose to liquidate your gold coins, even those from consignment and auctions.

401k vs. IRA: The IRA Advantage with Lear Capital

Establishing a precious metals IRA with Lear Capital is a fast, easy and secure way to diversify your portfolio. To begin, a dedicated account team member walks you through the simple application process, which takes about 10 minutes to complete. Once the application is processed and approved, your account is set up within 24 hours.

Lear Capital reaches out to your current IRA custodian on your behalf to arrange for the tax-free rollover of your monies. The funds are transferred via bank wire and deposited into your precious metals IRA account.

• Lear Capital security: All metals are stored in an IRS-approved vault with Delaware Depository. The metals are backed with a comprehensive insurance policy from one of the oldest insurance providers, Lloyds of London. Lear Capital offers a three-step price advantage guarantee for every transaction, which provides each customer with a written account agreement, a phone confirmation and a written confirmation.
    • Lear Capital fees: Consumers who open a precious metals IRA pays an annual fee of $160. This fee covers payment for storage, insurance to protect metals, quarterly financial statements and 24/7 access to an online account for viewing portfolio performance.

Lear Capital cost

Pricing varies, depending on which precious metals you are interested in.

Gold coins$455 - $1,353
    Silver coins$18 - $14,000
    Premium coinsPricing varies

Lear Capital accepts cash, personal checks, money orders, wire transfers and credit cards. After a purchase, Lear Capital guarantees product shipment within 15 to 17 business days, though items usually ship in one week. Gold orders over $10,000 receive free shipping.

Lear Capital FAQ

Which coins are IRA eligible?
    Eligible coins include gold and silver coins like Proof American Eagle, Gold Canadian Maple Leaf, 2019 Gold Orca, Silver Canadian Maple Leaf and 2019 Silver Orca. A full list of eligible coins can be viewed on the Lear Capital website. Gold bullion bars that are .995+ fine and silver bullion bars that are .999+ fine are eligible, as well.
    How can I track the performance of my portfolio?
    The company’s partnership with IRA custodian Self Directed IRA Services, Inc. offers a secure, easy to navigate website with 24/7 online access to your portfolio performance. Lear Capital also provides quarterly statements that can be mailed directly to your home address.

Do we recommend Lear Capital?

We believe partnering with Lear Capital to diversify your investment portfolio is a smart choice. Lear Capital creates a real-time investor relationship with its customers, providing market data, insights and price notifications to help protect and grow investments for clients nearing retirement or want to avoid sharp market fluctuations.

Lear Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: May 19, 2021

I had been looking around for good deals on precious metals and saw a commercial for Lear. I called and was fortunate enough to have Brad ** as my representative. Brad is very professional, patient, and helpful, as I am new to buying precious metals. The prices were very good and when I received my order everything looked good and there were no issues at all. I only gave Lear 4 stars because of the delay in shipping. I placed my order on 4-12-21 and they received my payment on 4-19-21. My order did not ship until 5-7-21. Brad explained the delay to my satisfaction so I have no complaints. I do recommend Lear Capital and strongly suggest contacting Brad. His extension is **.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Morrey has been exceptional to work with, I’m a new investor trying to diversify my portfolio and Morrey has been pivotal in my new venture. He took the time to explain the market to me, took my personal situation into consideration and was open and honest with me throughout the process. He’s always accessible for questions or inquiries and makes a point to contact me, as a courtesy, to keep me up-to-date during the order process. I appreciate his knowledge and understanding of the market and see him as a great resource of information. All of this, combined with his upbeat personality and get demeanor, has made this a seamless and smooth experience overall. I plan to continue this newly built relationship with Morrey and Lear Capital and look forward to what the future holds. P.S. I would give Morrey (and Lear Capital) 10 stars if possible. Thanks for everything!

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

My last purchase and all purchases were good. My first purchase many yeas ago was on the advice of a person named Steve, he suggested I buy numismatic coins I lost $50,000.00. The purchase thru Cal ** was good. A few years after that I cashed out my coins and bought silver bullion. I lost another $50,000.00, My mistake If I waited another month silver went up, but it's still not at the price I paid for it. Again my purchase was thru Cal ** and it was good. My last purchase was for palladium, it was against the advise of Cal **. That purchase was good also. That purchase was only $10,000. I hope I make something back.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

After watching an episode of “The Huckabee” program and seeing the ad for Lear Capital talking about owning gold and silver I decided to call and inquire about the possibilities. I was connected with Gerald **. This was several months ago. After an initial discussion about gold and silver I decided I wanted to go this route but not at that time. Gerald understood and encouraged me to continue to research the subject. I did and some months later called Lear Capital back and ask for Gerald. He was on the line and I told him I was ready to get started.

First thing Gerald did was to overnighted me very relevant inFormation explaining his services. From there, when I had time to make calls, I ask Gerald to get the process going. Immediately, Gerald has Eric, Lear’s IRA specialist to call me. They guided me through the paperwork process, helped me with the money transfer from Wells Fargo and Gerald helped me purchase and own gold, silver and platinum in a matter of a couple of hours!! The whole process was professional, pain free and enjoyable. Gerald went the extra mile and I even got a bonus of some silver which I was not at all expecting! I would and plan to do business with Lear Capital and Gerald again soon! Thank you Gerald!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I am having a life threatening illness and needed to cash out my silver for my health expenses. Dmitri ** has always been helpful in the years I have had this account but with this sudden need for me to liquidate my investments, he went above and beyond to help me accomplish my request. I will always be grateful for his prompt service and kindness. I will gladly recommend anyone to invest with Dmitri ** with Lear Capital.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Overall experience with Gerry ** and Terry ** was great. Very helpful. Great attitudes. Positive outlooks. My biggest obstacle is always with paperwork and Kelly **? was so helpful and kind. She even offered to stay on the line while we Contacted Voya. It was no problem for her. Out of her way to be kind and friendly. Don’t know what you pay her but she would be a bargain at twice the price.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I very much appreciate the help given me by Morrey ** as I knew I wanted to diversify my investments with precious metals. Mr. ** thoroughly explained my options concerning gold and silver, and his clear explanation made it easy for me to decide how to invest. In addition Mr. **'s follow up with me as I completed my purchase was extremely helpful. I was so glad to have his help!

Original review: April 21, 2021

I just received my first order of silver. Morrey ** is a top quality associate in your company. From the first phone call to just receiving my first order, everything went exactly as he said it would. I will tell my family and friends to contact Morrey to order silver and gold.

Thank you, Wm. G.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Morrey was a great help in guiding me & making recommendations on what I should buy. He explained the complete process. Morrey was very kind and helpful. I give Morrey five stars. When I can buy more I will be in touch with Morrey. Great Job. Edwin Richard **

Original review: April 5, 2021

I couldn’t be happier with my experience. Morrey answered all of my questions and explained things thoroughly. He was very professional and personable, and the best part was that I never felt pressured. He made the entire transaction very easy and comfortable. The Canadian Silver Nature coins that I purchased are beautiful, were a fair price and came in a timely manner. I am very satisfied.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Gold IRA partner.

Lear Capital Company Information