4.76/5
  • 1 star
Based on 767 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $2 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

806 Lear Capital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I was very pleased with the order of Silver coins I received. The price was fair and the order came exactly when it was supposed to. I couldn't ask for better service. Thank you again for your help and recommendations on my purchase.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I ordered 1000 ounces of silver from Lear Capital. I'd done research online for silver prices and decided that it would be a good time to invest. I requested their information on investing and Danny ** contacted me. I decided that the best buy was the 1000 and emailed him back. He contacted me with the information to do a bank wire transfer of funds. Everything went smoothly. My silver was shipped out promptly and was delivered by FedEx in a timely manner. I'm very pleased with everything. I recommend them to my sister and she purchased from them. I would recommend them to anyone. He worked up a portfolio with prices on 500 and 1000 ounces and emailed them to me.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I was interested in a product and I had a timeline. I agreed to the purchase price and made the sale. Lear Capital alerted me when the product was coming, we tracked the package and it was received. Just as I ordered. No complaints.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Our representative answered our questions directly and succinctly. He did not in anyway "sell" us anything and not for one minute have we doubted or regretted our initial investment with Lear. We are now planning our purchases for 2018.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

This is the second purchase I've made with Lear, and specifically with Peter and it has been very positive. I have purchased precious metals before and from different suppliers, but thus far this has been the best experience. Please keep up the good work and the attention to customer care. And, give Peter a nice bonus. He's a real asset to your company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

When I decided to make a silver purchase I had heard two companies advertise on TV. I called both companies and after talking to Steven ** it was clear I wanted to do business with Lear Capital. My experience was positive at every step of the process and the silver was delivered exactly as expected.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Most of my dealing has been with Cal ** and I have been more than pleased. Cal has helped me by not only sending me information, but also talking to me and answering any questions I may have. It has been a most positive experience as I finally feel comfortable about my retirement. I have watched the stock market fluctuate and continue to grow but my investments have remained the same. I know that I will finally have a retirement that will last until the end.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I have been very happy with my new venture into Lear. I have been more than comfortable with the staff in any and all advice and correspondence. I am in new territory and I appreciate all of the assistance. I am certain my newness has taken more time than a typical investor, however I have been treated with much patience and appreciation. I am thankful.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I became aware of Lear Capital from TV commercial, I contacted the company and asked for an education in precious metals. I was placed in contact with Pierre and he took the time needed to fully explain the market and how Lear can work with me to become an owner of silver and gold. In addition I was connected with Dana Sr. Portfolio Mgr. who took even more time to fully explain the market, do's and don'ts, what the benefits are etc. In addition he participated in another call to explain the same to my wife. I feel the investments we were provided by these men are truly a huge benefit to our financial stability in the years to come! I feel and see what I believe is an honest and truthful relationship in the market.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I decided to diversify my portfolio through precious metals and had no idea where to start. I saw an ad about Lear so I contacted and they made the process very easy and convenient. Matt ** and his team helped me understand this market and also took the time to get to know me and my goals. The end result was a smooth transaction that I would recommend to anyone looking to add metals as an investment vehicle.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I have to commend Lear Capital for the service I received when I invested with Lear Capital. The service representative was cordial and helpfully answered my many questions! I had to make some callbacks and was received with courtesy and prompt answers which took care of my concerns. I am a very satisfied customer and definitely recommend their services when investing. I genuinely will do business again with Lear Capital!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I recently opened up an account with LCI and I made several purchases since I have been treated with the utmost of service and courtesy from the employees. I've never dealt with a nicer group of professional people as what I found at LCI. I am looking forward to doing business with him for a long time. They are the best that I have found in the investment world.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I just wanted to write this review to let everyone else know how informative Radd had been before I made my transaction with Lear Capital and the service I had received with my purchase. It was all friendly and very professional. As for the actual delivery of the products I had ordered, was at my residence on time as specified by Radd. Lear Capital does what they say and the service they provide is second to none.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had the pleasure of doing business with Misha **. I am very selective about who I do business with and let me tell you, if I could have given her 10 stars I would have. She is outstanding and has the best customer service skills. I had spoken to reps from other companies and just could not do business with them. She is patient, polished, knows how to sell and explained everything to me. This was my first purchase buying coins and she made me feel so comfortable and was never once pushy. She taught me so much which I am so grateful for. She built a rapport with me whereby I feel I can trust her and will continue to buy from her in the future.

Thank you so much for having the sense to hire someone of her caliber, someone personable, diplomatic, knowledgeable, kind, patient, speaks clearly so I could understand her and very professional. Also, Misha always called me back when she said she would. I am not an easy person to impress but Misha is right up there with the best. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

As a novice in investing in precious metals the Lear Capital Representative was top notch. He answered all my questions, directed me in how to attain my goals and I felt very comfortable in our conversation. He is an asset to Lear Capital.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Extremely rude salesperson. I am very interested in investing and responded to a TV commercial. I was told that the WRONG commercial aired on the day I called, and they were giving silver coins and a catalog that day and NOT the slim/thin gold dollar, but that the lady told me she would HOLD my request until the following day when she says the Mail Room is sending out the thin, gold dollar bill samples. 5 weeks later the salesperson that keeps calling me on the phone and says Did it show up yet and I say Nope and I don't want to discuss until they keep their end of the bargain. I believe they were never indeed to send us consumers the free gold OR silver samples. HUGE SCAM! BEWARE!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I had a very nice phone conversation with Derek **. He helped me with my order as I only had a certain amount of money to spend and wanted to get a gold coin to give my grandson for his college graduation.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

My wife and I have done business with Lear Capital for about 15 years. Most of that business was conducted with Chris **. Always very professional, courteous, and extremely knowledgeable and never pushy. Next time we decide to add to our precious metals portfolio we will be contacting Chris **.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

A few years ago I thought about converting my 401k to a metals account. I had numerous conversations, and thought Lear Capital was the company to trust. After refusing to return forms I did not like the wording of, and not happy with the answers to some of my questions. I had second thoughts. These really came to a head when they called to 'finalise' the deal and they told me they charge 33% to convert to metals. We were being recorded, and I told them, "No way I will agree to this." She said (a lady with an English accent), "I will talk to my boss and see what can be done." She called back and offered a flat fee of $800. After the first conversation I wanted no part of this company, then to think they just pick and choose the fees???

My account was worth +$6000. $2000 to convert, then just $800??? I hung up, thinking I had ended this con. Well, I found out they had accessed my account with Waddell and Read in Springfield, Mo. Withdrew the funds, and set me up an account with them. Worth less than $5000. And in the last 2 years has not changed value. My other 401K increased a good bit. I received an email from them in September, and have been trying to contact Lear Capital since with no avail. At the end of this form it asks for an order number. They have only sent me one mail, (in 2 years) and I thought it was another offer to handle my account. So, I did not save it. I did not realize they had already stole my money. I have no account number, or anyway to get my money back.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I for the second time had a very good experience with Roland. He let me know there was a dip in the market and worked with me on what I wanted. I will order again as long as Roland is there to assist me.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I have always wanted to own precious metals, but I could never afford it. Now I have lost my wife and received a goodly sum as a death benefit. Lev has been so helpful and aware of how all of this works. A true professional.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I ordered 52 pre 1933 gold francs. Almost all were 1935 and younger. You replaced them with gold .25 polar bears, claiming they were of more value. I requested a letter explaining how these bears could be as valuable as old francs and never got it. I have spent about $200,000.00 in 2017 with Lear, represented by **.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have worked with Daniel ** for a few years now and I believe Daniel is very knowledgeable and I appreciate his patience with me. Daniel explains the process of what we are attempting to accomplish. I am very pleased with Lear and Daniel. Looking forward to the future. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I had the opportunity last month to purchase Silver and dump an IRA that would not perform well if the markets dropped as we are all expecting. I was able to purchase a few hundred coins and at an incredible price. I am very happy with my choice and going with Lear Capital. They helped me with the paperwork to convert my IRA and they kept me aware of the entire process. I am very happy with all that has transpired and I hope we will forge a very good relationship in the months and years to come.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This was my first time purchasing silver. I am more than happy with my dealings with Lear Capital. The people were very courteous, informative, accommodating and the process was simple. The coins that I purchased are beautiful. Thanks to all involved.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Gary ** is my Portfolio Manager. I want to congratulate him on providing me with the information I needed to do business with Lear Capital. I have never received such attention in respect to product information and detail. Not only that but worked with me to every time I called and had a question. I will continue to use your services because of this and planning to buy and invest with your company. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

So far so good. We live in crazy times and felt the need to invest in something other than the stock market or real estate and Lear Capital made it happen in an efficient, timely and secure manner. All of the company's representatives have been very responsive to our calls since we are new to the precious metals market and how it works. They have the patience to explain without being too pushy. It has only been one month since we first contacted them but again, so far so good. The silver and gold coins are beautiful and packaged very well. FedEx does a great job too.

No response received
Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Run don't walk. Talk about a scam rip off put in $9.307.50 on 9/11/13 in silver poplar bears 1 1/2oz was charged $54.75 each. On 12/31/2013 account was down to it $4,978.64. Then on 2015 I did not pay the $100.00 metals storage fee-DDSC and let's not forget the annual fee precious metal IRA fee of $75.00. So I forgot to pay it but don't fear the great people at Lear sold 16 of this great investment coins at the whopping price of $13.41 each. So let's see I paid $54.75 each, they sell them for $13.41. Wow. What a deal. All I hear from them is the same bull excuse. How this is a great deal. I don't know how they sleep at night.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Richmond ** gave me very good service, was patient with me due to my lack of knowledge about investing or buying the real product. He explained everything to me to my satisfaction. I thank him for his help.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I found Mr. ** to be a truly nice person. No pressure to make a sale. Answered all my questions and understood my concerns. This type of purchase is new to me and Kim walked me through the process. I would gladly do business with Kim again. Thank you.

Lear Capital Company Information