toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was extremely pleased with my experience and with my purchase. The coins themselves are so beautiful. I feel I have made a start on a modest, but meaningful acquisition of actual precious metal assets. Lear Capital was totally courteous and professional throughout the transaction. BTW, I heard about Lear listening to the Dave Ramsey financial advice radio show, and he is a very astute man! Thanks, Lear Capital!

Lear Capital USA wonderful company to work with. They are quick and easy with their ordering (Silver Eagle). Problems are addressed fast but problems are few to none in the first place. I will and have recommended this remarkable company to friends and family alike.

I used to buy precious metals at a trusted local jewelry store but since Lear Capital has been helping me set up a Self Directed IRA to store my gold and silver coins I am using now Lear Capital as my primary source of buying precious metals. Craig is excellent in customer service. I finally have found a friend to assist me in wealth reservation with precious metals.

I was a little skeptical when I first discussed this with Lear. I did a lot of research to make sure it was legit. My follow-up conversations after the initial contact were very informative and very organized. I was always given clear instructions on what to do and who I would be talking with next. There was no pressure to buy and all questions were answered quickly and professionally. I will definitely be back for more. Great Customer service.

Dealing with Lear Capital was a very interesting and pleasurable experience. The two representatives I dealt with provided me with valuable information in aiding my consideration to purchase valuable metals for my portfolio. I was, in my view, treated more as a friend than a potential customer. The follow up after purchase was more than expected. Also they were always on call to answer any questions I have had since the silver purchase. A great experience. I would recommend Lear Capital without hesitation.

I was thankful for the work that Lev and his group put in to complete my purchase of the silver grizzlies I made in my IRA account. The only thing I kind of thought wasn't correct was, I was to receive a 2% bonus which I thought Lev told me would be 18 - 1.5oz silver Grizzly coins but when I opened the package, there was only 16. So I took out the calculator and took 2% x 840 (the # of coins I purchased) and it came up as 16.8, which with the math I was taught in school, rounded up to 17, not down to 16. The only reason I didn't say anything was because by the time I actually got my IRA custodians to transfer the funds, the promotion was over. Now, that doesn't make it right, but with all the drama I've had in my life recently, it's just easier letting it go.

Service is very professional yet very personal and focused on providing individual service. It didn't hurt that they were local and allowed me to drop by their offices for a purchase. Will be doing future transactions with them.

I have spoken with Lear Capital and specifically with Ped ** many times. Ped ** is well experienced, well informed and has given valuable advice with assisting me in my gold and silver investments. I believe Ped and I have become very good friends. My wife and I have invited him to our ranch in Colorado! Lear Capital has and deserves a their five-star reputation.

I was sold primarily Silver because Lear told me it had the greatest potential for growth. Then Lear called to tell me I should exchange my silver for gold because gold now had greater potential. I was charged hundreds of dollars for the exchange which was NOT part of the conversation. Had I known of the exchange cost I would NOT have done it. When I called about the confirmation, I was told Lear would NEVER recommend investment strategy... HUH? They called me for the exchange, I did not approach them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

I am happy with my investment. Not familiar with precious metals, I had questions and got answers right away. This firm was recommended by Coast to Coast Am's host, George Noory. The quality and availability of rare coins was surprising and I will continue to invest more when I'm capable.

Right from the start of my purchase, I received first class service. I know my purchase was probably not a huge one (3,000), but I was treated like it was. The follow-up was just as good. I look forward to doing business with your company again.

My experience with Lear Capital was great! I was able to enter a promo code and receive free shipping which is a big deal to me since shipping cost inflates what I would of had invested in the silver. If I could get free shipping on all my orders I would order every week.

I have made two orders in the very recent time frame. Both of my experiences were very good. The website is extremely easy and efficient to use. I did have a question it one time and requested somebody call me which they did very promptly. When I did speak with a representative as well they were extremely courteous and very helpful. They were very insightful and pleasant to speak with. As for the product being sent that was in great condition and they were very informative as to when to expect shipment and delivery.

Our experience was very pleasant. We are proud to be silver owners, and silver went up 3.5% before we could get things finished. Derek was very easy to deal with. We look forward to years of fun watching our investment grow. I was a math teacher and coach for 48 years so I never could afford to make big investment, but I believe that this will work out great for us.

Both representatives, Bradley and Patrick, I worked with were knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful in their guidance. We look forward to working with them again securing our future. Excellent service.

1.5 oz polar bears: As always, Tom ** is very professional and informative. I have been working with Tom over the last three or so years and he has consistently provided us with what we asked for and has not tried to upsell or aggressively try to get us to purchase any more than we are comfortable with.

Was a bit tedious getting in touch with a representative to process my order. After placing a number of phone calls, I received the response I needed in how to pay for my order. I wanted to wire funds, but was unable to do so and am still not sure how to do it. Paid with a check after transferring funds from my Capital One account into my PNC Bank checking account. Coins arrived as ordered and were nicely packaged.

Resolution In Progress

First time IRA gold buyer and was taken advantage of. Was not give full disclosure until after automated acceptance phone call and then when received statement my account was down 1/3 of initial investment after I bought coins that were recommended by Dan... I was taken advantage of and cannot understand how people like this can stay in business. So upset with myself for trusting these people to be ethical... VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Rollover 401k to Precious metals IRA - I worked with Michael ** and found him again to be informative and very easy to deal with. The operations person that helped coordinate the transaction with the prior administrator was tremendous. She contacted me on numerous occasions to let me know the status, etc.

I had the most pleasurable experience with Gary **, my Lear Capital IRA Specialist. Everytime we spoke, Gary educated me about the markets, differences in various metals and the IRA transfer process. I appreciated the time he spent patiently answering my questions. Gary made sure I understood everything so that I was confident with the decisions I made. Lear Capital is lucky to have such a dedicated professional on their team.

My purchase with Lear Capital was my first and a number of years. I found the customer service representative that spoke to me very knowledgeable and courteous, putting no pressure on me at any time. I was very pleased with the product in the time allotted for delivery. Thank you very much for a very pleasant experience.

I had an extremely pleasant interaction with the team at Lear Capital concerning my new membership as a client. Everything was explained until I fully understood and felt comfortable. The transaction was easy enough. Overall a good experience and I would definitely recommend to my friends.

Bought first gold for my IRA. The spread was 29%. Cost @ $25000 now worth $16,000. Second purchase was 55 gold coins for $26,800. How stupid can you be? They are high-pressure salesmen and I would not recommend them to anyone. 2nd purchase was a mistake misunderstanding on my part but they would not let me back out.

I am very satisfied with Mr Bradford ** handling of all facets of my purchase. I will call him personally to again thank him for his kind and professional assistance. I plan to send other customers and will need to have instructions on how to do that.

My Account Executive, Kelly **, was terrific. On the phone, she quickly won my confidence and she was pleasant throughout. If I should decide to make another purchase, I would want it to be handled by Kelly.

Factual basis uncertain

About 9 years ago I called Lear Capital to buy some ounces of gold. The price at the time was around $550 an ounce. I never bought gold for investment before this. When I called the Lear expert told me I am making a big mistake buying ounces and I need to buy gold coin a pre-1933 US in mint condition. I took his advice and purchased $60.000.00 in coins as 10 Indian dollars etc. I was told by the sales person that once gold price goes higher that I will benefit from that. Plus they be also increased in the value to trade these coins when gold reached about $1900 an ounce.

I tried to sell Lear my coin. They offered me $30,000,00 thousand. If I bought ounces as I wanted I would had over $180,000,00. To this day I still have the coins and it is not worth more than $40,000.00. I had my attorney to call company but they had arbitration clause so we could not do anything. Lear is Ripoff company. These people at Lear are a mafia. I am doing this so people can be careful. There is good company online. They are honest, silver.com. I have been dealing with them.

I contacted Lear Capital to invest my future in Precious Metals. Jarred ** guided me through the entire process and made my rollover very streamlined. I also appreciate his follow up and the thank you letter he sent to me after the transaction was complete. Thanks again!

My experience has been very good. Dean has been very helpful and honest with me. The shipment was on time and the coins are of super quality. I am very happy with the coins and the service of Lear Capital. Thank Dean.

When ever I have questions about the gold or silver market I know who to go to, Joanne **! She is always very, very polite and confident in answering my dumb questions. I was recently very near making a purchase from another company, but as always I checked with Joanne and she directed me in another direction and explained why. I wound up making my purchase from Lear Capital. And I am so glad I did!!

This is very easy and a pleasure to participate in. In every encounter, I found my communication with Terry and Denise helpful, personal, and professional. Of course, the purpose and motivation is to sell, but in the communications, it was not the driving force. I am a satisfied Lear customer.

I recently purchased 63 silver coins. Spoke with Pierre **. He was extremely helpful. He answered my many questions and put me at ease on my first purchase of silver. I would highly recommend him to others. I did recommend him to my family. The coins arrived as promised. I am very satisfied.

Before my purchase, I knew absolutely nothing about investing in Precious Metals. Kelley ** was my representative. She was incredibly informative right from the beginning, and helped walk me through the process of understanding how my investment would pay off down the line. Everything processed just as she said it would, and my Metals shipped to me exactly when they said they would. This was a huge step for us and Lear Capital made it incredibly easy. I would definitely recommend them to a friend and have already done so.

At the strong suggestion of my agent, Mr. **, I decided to trade Palladium in my IRA account (which never went anywhere and was very unsatisfactory) for Silver. Mr. ** stated that Silver is due for a large run-up and it would be to my advantage to trade out of Palladium and into Silver. I unfortunately lost over 10% of my holding during the trade due to Lear's commission. Since I began investing in precious metals, only Lear has made any money. I certainly have lost a significant portion of my investment to the market, to poor advice from Lear, and to high commissions charged by Lear.

Raad ** was just the "greatest" to work with. He answered all questions in a very professional and courtesy manner to help with any questions we had. We have had nothing but very positive experience when dealing with Lear. Thank you for everything.

Lear Capital Company Profile