Call toll free
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $3 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Lear Capital provides updated spot pricing, informative staff and quick home delivery. Though the company charges annual fees to store metals, consumers can trust their investments are secure in the Delaware Depository.

PROS

• Experienced provider
  • 30-day price guarantee certificate
  • Physical possession and liquidation available

CONS

• Annual fees to store and secure metals

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital helps consumers diversify their investment portfolios with precious metals like gold, silver, numismatic coins and precious metal IRA accounts. The company provides its customers with a real-time investor relationship providing market data, insights and price notifications to help protect and grow investments. In total, Lear Capital has completed over $3 billion in trusted transactions.

To help its consumers make informed decisions, Lear Capital provides real-time guidance and access to daily and weekly updates. The company provides email alerts on real-time data for the price of gold, silver, platinum and palladium pieces.

Other features include numismatic rare coins offerings, market charts and price notifications. Numismatic rare coins are an inflation-resistant metal with a long-term record of profitability. These coins let consumers feel confident in their decision to pursue the options from Lear Capital’s rare coins section. Lear also gives you the ability to purchase precious metals at any time in the company’s online store, whether it’s 7am or after midnight.

For consumers who want flexibility in their retirement plan, Lear Capital can assist you set up a precious metals IRA.

To help with your investment knowledge, Lear Capital provides a coin encyclopedia that displays all American coins and their history. The company can assess the value should you choose to liquidate your gold coins, even those from consignment and auctions.

401k vs. IRA: The IRA Advantage with Lear Capital

Establishing a precious metals IRA with Lear Capital is a fast, easy and secure way to diversify your portfolio. To begin, a dedicated account team member walks you through the simple application process, which takes about 10 minutes to complete. Once the application is processed and approved, your account is set up within 24 hours.

Lear Capital reaches out to your current IRA custodian on your behalf to arrange for the tax-free rollover of your monies. The funds are transferred via bank wire and deposited into your precious metals IRA account.

• Lear Capital security: All metals are stored in an IRS-approved vault with Delaware Depository. The metals are backed with a comprehensive insurance policy from one of the oldest insurance providers, Lloyds of London. Lear Capital offers a three-step price advantage guarantee for every transaction, which provides each customer with a written account agreement, a phone confirmation and a written confirmation.
  • Lear Capital fees: Consumers who open a precious metals IRA pays an annual fee of $160. This fee covers payment for storage, insurance to protect metals, quarterly financial statements and 24/7 access to an online account for viewing portfolio performance.

Lear Capital cost

Pricing varies, depending on which precious metals you are interested in.

Gold coins$455 - $1,353
Silver coins$18 - $14,000
Premium coinsPricing varies

Lear Capital accepts cash, personal checks, money orders, wire transfers and credit cards. After a purchase, Lear Capital guarantees product shipment within 15 to 17 business days, though items usually ship in one week. Gold orders over $10,000 receive free shipping.

Lear Capital FAQ

Which coins are IRA eligible?
Eligible coins include gold and silver coins like Proof American Eagle, Gold Canadian Maple Leaf, 2019 Gold Orca, Silver Canadian Maple Leaf and 2019 Silver Orca. A full list of eligible coins can be viewed on the Lear Capital website. Gold bullion bars that are .995+ fine and silver bullion bars that are .999+ fine are eligible, as well.
How can I track the performance of my portfolio?
The company’s partnership with IRA custodian Self Directed IRA Services, Inc. offers a secure, easy to navigate website with 24/7 online access to your portfolio performance. Lear Capital also provides quarterly statements that can be mailed directly to your home address.

Do we recommend Lear Capital?

We believe partnering with Lear Capital to diversify your investment portfolio is a smart choice. Lear Capital creates a real-time investor relationship with its customers, providing market data, insights and price notifications to help protect and grow investments for clients nearing retirement or want to avoid sharp market fluctuations.

Lear Capital Reviews

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Lev and his team have provided excellent service from the time of our initial contact through our most recent conversation just a couple of weeks ago. They are professionals with expertise and knowledge that made it easy for me to understand and have confidence in the products (gold, silver, platinum and palladium) I was interested in investing for my IRA. I have told my family and friends about them and recommended Lev and his team to all of them. I am so pleased with their service that I talk about them any time I get into a conversation with anyone about precious metals, retirement, investing or any topics that may be related.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

As a new customer to the precious metals market I called Lear Capital to inquire first before ordering anything. I must say that I was not satisfied with that experience, I was looking to be educated on what is good to buy, how it should be handled and/or stored, and just some general information on the varying options. I got no such thing, the answer I got was “gold is just gold, you just keep it”. Thanks **. I decided to make the purchase on my own online as obviously I wasn’t receiving any help on the phone, that was a much better experience although I did not see a lot in the way of education for a new consumer. Something in that respect may help your sales going forward and something to consider. Anyway I am happy with my (relatively small) first-time purchase and with the retailer as a reliable source. Thanks Lear!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Arron was kind, informative, and patient with my many questions. As I was taking the time to get my money up and decide what to do, Arron didn't hound me, which I really appreciate, but only called once in a while. Once I made the decision, Arron made sure I had all the information I needed, moved through the process quickly and kept in touch as I waited for my silver to be delivered. I look forward to to a long (hopefully not too long) and pleasant relationship with Lear Capital, as I wait for my investment to to peak. I am very happy with the decision I made and am confident it will pay off in a few years.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Lear was the first precious metals supplier I dealt with, and the first I ever ordered product from. I enjoyed working with Pierre **, who is clearly very knowledgeable in the industry and no doubt one of the "rainmakers" on the Lear Team. Hogan** was very helpful in order execution, as well. My only negative comment: While I got what I believed was good value on the 100 generic rounds I purchased from Lear, having now learned a good deal more it seems that you're a bit high on your pricing. Otherwise, it was a very good consumer experience. You're on my short list of online metals sources and I will continue to check regularly for future opportunities to work together.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I saw Lear Capital's advertisement on the FOX network and decided to purchase silver coins. I called them and spoke with Morrey **, one of their senior account executives. Morrey was very knowledgeable, professional and courteous as he guided me through the process of purchasing silver to meet my needs. I have conducted business with him on several occasions and look forward to giving him more of my business. I have recommended Lear Capital to several of my colleagues and told them to ask for Mr. ** who will provide excellent service and make them feel like they are his most important client.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

I liked the way Terry ** presented himself & Lear Capital. I did not feel like I was being pressured or pushed into this investment. As I am an old man, I can honestly say that I have very high hopes for this investment. I have made many financial blunders in my life & I hope that this is not another one of the same.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Great to work with. Purchase was easy, mailed payment and received confirmation very quickly. They are very Professional and good with communication and information! Cant wait to work with again! Highly recommended.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Our purchase was as smooth as could be. Sam was a great help in educating us on our options and helped us make a decision. We will definitely use Lear Capital again and will recommend them to our friends.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

My experience with Lear was terrific! Danny was very helpful and everything took place exactly as he described. My order arrived on time and was precisely filled. I look forward to a long relationship with Lear Capital!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

In April of 2019 I placed 50k of an Ira to be placed in gold and silver with Lear Capital. Well they aggressively recommended silver coins and some gold since silver was looking so favorable, So like a fool I allowed them to do so. Well the day after the trades my portfolio of 50k invested was now worth 32k. They placed my account in silver collectible coins at $26 each with their silver market at 14.90. They also invested half in gold bars which went in at market price. When I questioned why they screwed me the reply was, "Just hang on. You’re going to be pleased in the future." The future never happened and then out of the blue I received a call from Lear stating that platinum was at a historic low and they could make the losses in my account look quite favorable by moving the $41k to platinum, and yes you guessed it I did.

Once the moved to platinum my portfolio became $26k, so I called and was told just to hang on and I Would be very happy. As I told the market would have to double for me to realize any relief, Yet they continue to say hang in there. Since I am retired and will be relying on this investment in the short term 1-2 years, I feel these Predators have taken advantage of me for their own financial gain.

Lear Capital Company Information