toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband Jerry ** and I were much surprised at how easy Jarrod ** made our buying experience. We knew very little about precious metals until Jerrod answered our many questions with ease and knowledge. We are very happy with our purchase and with Lear Capital. We would definitely recommend your company to family and friends. Thank You.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was extremely pleased with my experience and with my purchase. The coins themselves are so beautiful. I feel I have made a start on a modest, but meaningful acquisition of actual precious metal assets. Lear Capital was totally courteous and professional throughout the transaction. BTW, I heard about Lear listening to the Dave Ramsey financial advice radio show, and he is a very astute man! Thanks, Lear Capital!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lear Capital USA wonderful company to work with. They are quick and easy with their ordering (Silver Eagle). Problems are addressed fast but problems are few to none in the first place. I will and have recommended this remarkable company to friends and family alike.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to buy precious metals at a trusted local jewelry store but since Lear Capital has been helping me set up a Self Directed IRA to store my gold and silver coins I am using now Lear Capital as my primary source of buying precious metals. Craig is excellent in customer service. I finally have found a friend to assist me in wealth reservation with precious metals.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was a little skeptical when I first discussed this with Lear. I did a lot of research to make sure it was legit. My follow-up conversations after the initial contact were very informative and very organized. I was always given clear instructions on what to do and who I would be talking with next. There was no pressure to buy and all questions were answered quickly and professionally. I will definitely be back for more. Great Customer service.

One of your account execs, Brian **, called me as I had subscribed to the newsletter. He was very professional and courteous and asked me a few questions about my level of interest in gold and silver. He wasn't pushy and assured me that he would be available to help me when I am in a position to pursue precious metals investing. He left me with a good impression of Lear Capital.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The purchase seemed a bit complicated but I received excellent help at every turn. I would like to see a Lear Capital website for tracking the value fluctuations (preferably monthly) of my silver investment. Also, I would like to know if an additional investment requires opening a new account or if I can add it to my existing account.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

During my initial setup with Lear Capital I suffered a heart attack and was in the hospital. I was worried about all the details one thinks about when the future is uncertain. One thing I didn't worry was my precious metal transaction as my questions were always answered promptly and the genuine expressions of well wishes was very appreciated. This company appeared to be in the "people pleasing" business not the investing business. Special thanks to Daniel ** who reached out to provide shipping details.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I communicated with Daniel ** of Lear Capital. He was very professional, stayed in close touch with me, advised us of our shipment date, how to track it and then followed up after we received our order.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had been researching in buying gold and he contacted Lear Capital and they couldn't have been more helpful, answering all of our questions and concerns. We were sooo happy with them that we made another investment in silver. All that we have worked have been very informative and very quick in their responses. I will continue to work with them!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Lear Capital IRA precious metals program is certainly a well put together program. Brochures and information are very professionally produced and the communication system between the customer and account representatives works very good. The Senior Account Executive (Lev **) was able to resolve some fairly difficult problems associated with the establishment of my wife's IRA transfer and for this he and assistant Samara ** should be commended. Bravo Lear Capital. You have a customer for life!

Over a year ago I transferred over 500k to Lear Capital. David ** is their CEO. They told me that they were going to purchase Canadian Snow Falcons, 1.5 ounce neumanistic coins, and fed me the line of crap that they would appreciate faster than other metals, if I wait long enough. The next day my account was devalued by over 200k. I called them and was fed the same line of crap. Hang in there, they said.

Two months ago I had an emergency ad. Needed to withdraw 200k. They were glad to do it. That transaction cost me $98,000. Falcons sold at $32 and they cashed all my gold. They reinvested the remaining silver in Gold Grizzlies. That is devalued by $80,000. If I wait long enough, maybe 100 years I should recover.

Those coins were a major RIP OFF TO ME. Mr. ** told me tough **. I didn't wait long enough. They were glad to celebrate with my money. STAY AWAY FROM THESE LOW LIFE CROOKS. Do not buy Canadian Snow Falcons or the Grizzlies. MAJOR RIP OFF OF MUCH OF MY LIFE SAVINGS. THEY DON'T CARE. THEY LIE WHEN THEY SAY THAT THEY DON'T RECOMMEND WHAT TO BUY. They just do it and get large bonuses when they can scam people like me who bought their line of **.

Lear is fine and the time for delivery from the date of order was not too long. Yet, what I don't understand is, how the silver will rust over time. My having had silver in the past, it rust before too long. It wasn't until I began using, something called "Flambeau Zerust" strips, that rust has been prevented. Nor, do I know whether or not any rusted coins can be restored. Thanks.

Outstanding support. First timer coin purchase so I had a hundred questions. Representative provided answers and resources so I could do additional research. I wasn't under any pressure to make a purchase before I was ready. Throughout the process I was provided courteous & professional support.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Chris ** contacts me regularly to see if I'm happy with my investments and to give me an update on the market. Based on these conversations I may, or may not, decide to change my investment options, but the choice is always mine and Chris is always patient when I ask a lot of questions.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I ordered about $2500 worth of various silver coins. I had a good experience, but am not quite convinced that when the time comes the sell back value will be an appropriate return. Everything else seemed pretty great.

I was disappointed to find my purchase on another coin page Gainsville Coins cheaper than what I was told by your rep. The turnover time was very long from when your company received my check and my coins were mailed. The price of silver dropped and were my coins bought at that price, I did not receive more coins, the price was 16.250. Collected coins all my life, I am educated in hard currency.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Lear Capital has been a pleasant one. Mr. Ted ** has made himself available when I had questions. My husband and I are looking forward to good returns on our investment. Everyone I have spoken to with Lear Capital has been pleasant. As of now I highly recommend Lear Capital to our friends.

I have been buying gold and silver products from Lear Capital for five years. They are very easy to deal with and I always get a good price and receive my order in a reasonable amount of time. Excellent service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have been pleased with the professionalism that has been shown to me with the purchase of silver from Lear Capital. Each purchase has been processed as stated with follow up via email notices also. The additional personal touch makes it a pleasure to do business with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am pleased by Lear's representative's knowledge and experience in handling my first time around dealing with precious metals. He has been courteous and friendly and interested in servicing me to the best of his ability. He has contacted me a number of times and impressed me. Can't ask for more.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Having been in sales since 1951, I will admit that I was somewhat fearful of companies on TV and the web. So I called 3 different Metals Co's. Dana ** and later Joe ** were patient with my questions and very knowledgeable. Their staff proved to be the same also. I will refer my friends to them at Lear Capital. Thanks!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience was just fantastic. I was able to ask all the questions I needed to without any judgment whatsoever from the very knowledgeable staff. My order was prompt, shipped on time, and arrived exactly when it was supposed to. The product received was great quality, and the business relationship is one that I am looking forward to continuing with in the future. Thank you Lear Capital.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Dealing with Lear Capital was a very interesting and pleasurable experience. The two representatives I dealt with provided me with valuable information in aiding my consideration to purchase valuable metals for my portfolio. I was, in my view, treated more as a friend than a potential customer. The follow up after purchase was more than expected. Also they were always on call to answer any questions I have had since the silver purchase. A great experience. I would recommend Lear Capital without hesitation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was thankful for the work that Lev and his group put in to complete my purchase of the silver grizzlies I made in my IRA account. The only thing I kind of thought wasn't correct was, I was to receive a 2% bonus which I thought Lev told me would be 18 - 1.5oz silver Grizzly coins but when I opened the package, there was only 16. So I took out the calculator and took 2% x 840 (the # of coins I purchased) and it came up as 16.8, which with the math I was taught in school, rounded up to 17, not down to 16. The only reason I didn't say anything was because by the time I actually got my IRA custodians to transfer the funds, the promotion was over. Now, that doesn't make it right, but with all the drama I've had in my life recently, it's just easier letting it go.

Service is very professional yet very personal and focused on providing individual service. It didn't hurt that they were local and allowed me to drop by their offices for a purchase. Will be doing future transactions with them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have spoken with Lear Capital and specifically with Ped ** many times. Ped ** is well experienced, well informed and has given valuable advice with assisting me in my gold and silver investments. I believe Ped and I have become very good friends. My wife and I have invited him to our ranch in Colorado! Lear Capital has and deserves a their five-star reputation.

Factual basis uncertain

I was sold primarily Silver because Lear told me it had the greatest potential for growth. Then Lear called to tell me I should exchange my silver for gold because gold now had greater potential. I was charged hundreds of dollars for the exchange which was NOT part of the conversation. Had I known of the exchange cost I would NOT have done it. When I called about the confirmation, I was told Lear would NEVER recommend investment strategy... HUH? They called me for the exchange, I did not approach them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am happy with my investment. Not familiar with precious metals, I had questions and got answers right away. This firm was recommended by Coast to Coast Am's host, George Noory. The quality and availability of rare coins was surprising and I will continue to invest more when I'm capable.

Right from the start of my purchase, I received first class service. I know my purchase was probably not a huge one (3,000), but I was treated like it was. The follow-up was just as good. I look forward to doing business with your company again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My experience with Lear Capital was great! I was able to enter a promo code and receive free shipping which is a big deal to me since shipping cost inflates what I would of had invested in the silver. If I could get free shipping on all my orders I would order every week.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have made two orders in the very recent time frame. Both of my experiences were very good. The website is extremely easy and efficient to use. I did have a question it one time and requested somebody call me which they did very promptly. When I did speak with a representative as well they were extremely courteous and very helpful. They were very insightful and pleasant to speak with. As for the product being sent that was in great condition and they were very informative as to when to expect shipment and delivery.

Our experience was very pleasant. We are proud to be silver owners, and silver went up 3.5% before we could get things finished. Derek was very easy to deal with. We look forward to years of fun watching our investment grow. I was a math teacher and coach for 48 years so I never could afford to make big investment, but I believe that this will work out great for us.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Both representatives, Bradley and Patrick, I worked with were knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful in their guidance. We look forward to working with them again securing our future. Excellent service.

1.5 oz polar bears: As always, Tom ** is very professional and informative. I have been working with Tom over the last three or so years and he has consistently provided us with what we asked for and has not tried to upsell or aggressively try to get us to purchase any more than we are comfortable with.

Lear Capital Company Profile