4.75/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Lear Capital

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $2 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

778 Lear Capital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Gary ** is my Portfolio Manager. I want to congratulate him on providing me with the information I needed to do business with Lear Capital. I have never received such attention in respect to product information and detail. Not only that but worked with me to every time I called and had a question. I will continue to use your services because of this and planning to buy and invest with your company. Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

So far so good. We live in crazy times and felt the need to invest in something other than the stock market or real estate and Lear Capital made it happen in an efficient, timely and secure manner. All of the company's representatives have been very responsive to our calls since we are new to the precious metals market and how it works. They have the patience to explain without being too pushy. It has only been one month since we first contacted them but again, so far so good. The silver and gold coins are beautiful and packaged very well. FedEx does a great job too.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Richmond ** gave me very good service, was patient with me due to my lack of knowledge about investing or buying the real product. He explained everything to me to my satisfaction. I thank him for his help.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I found Mr. ** to be a truly nice person. No pressure to make a sale. Answered all my questions and understood my concerns. This type of purchase is new to me and Kim walked me through the process. I would gladly do business with Kim again. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

In one word my experience with Lear was incredible. It was almost as easy as buying a book on Amazon as a prime member, and anyone buying there knows it's effortless. I knew what I wanted and they provided it, professionally, knowledgeable, and courteously. There is nothing more to say, except thank you for the great treatment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I had two gentlemen helping me with my order. They were both very professional, pleasant and easy to work with. One or the other returned my calls and took care of all my concerns. They even called after the coins were shipped to make sure I understood when FX would contact me. I am an 81 year old widow and when I make future purchases I will definitely contact them.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I am a retired individual. I purchased the gold coins to help protect my assets. The sales individuals were professional and very helpful in determining what to buy. They kept us informed on the status of our order as it was processed for shipment. They advised us of all shipping information so we could check status of the shipment. They also followed up on shipment. All in all, it was a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I have always had a great experience with Lear Capital, all of my transactions have been with Dana and he is great to work with. Shipping has always been on time and discreet. I have recommended Lear Capital to several of my friends and will keep doing so.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Very happy with Sam and my shipment. I believe that I made a sound investment in silver through Lear Cap. I have already talked to family members about investing through Lear Cap. Thank you very much and I am looking forward in my next investment.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I recently decided to start investing in silver coins. Boy was I glad I found Lear Capital! They were very helpful in getting me started and very responsive to any questions I may have had. They made it very easy to invest. Thank those guys very much!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Having never been involved in precious metals, I was pleasantly surprised at the assistance information that I received from Joanne. She answered ALL of my "stupid" questions and guided me in the decision of ordering my grizzle monster box of silver. Thank you Joanne!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Mr. ** husband a very gracious person to work with and a very pleasant to work with. He is a good representative for your company and I have been completely satisfied with him. He is on top of things at all times and has been very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Service was Concierge level, regular and no-pressure which made the buying process both simple and stress-free. Complete disclosure of all fees/costs up front and consulting advice where solicited was freely and honestly distributed. I would recommend the firm without question to an investor of any and all levels of experience and expertise.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Mr. ** kindly and professionally explained everything in detail and followed through with me In each step of the process. I am a first time buyer and needed educating and reassurance. I feel comfortable with my purchase and would recommend Lear Capital to others.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I was very satisfied with my purchasing experience with Lear Capital. Daniel called me with an offer that I could not walk away from. He was very knowledgeable and thorough in his explanations. Daniel was in constant contact with me to let me know when my purchase was being shipped and followed up with me to ensure everything was to my liking after I received my purchase. Shipping was completed exactly as stated by Daniel. Everything was executed very professionally.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I was concerned when I got an e-mail for another client. This happened twice. I was a concerned about how safe my information was. The only information I got about the other customer was his name and address. Yes I did notify Lear Captial.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

Ordered Silver Eagles online and was very satisfied with the process. The only negative was that I didn't know you do not take credit cards as this was my first order. My other comment is that FedEx tried 3 times to deliver and we were not home. I came close to having the order shipped back to you. I would ask FedEx to give a general time frame for a delivery if repeating it, such as a morning or afternoon so one could wait. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I am Richard ** and I am fortunate that I meet Mr. ** as a sales person who is very professional and I had several investments with him. I consider him as a friend and looking to have further action with him.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

From my initial contact with Lear including thru the process of buying and receiving my purchased product, the organization has handled every step very professionally. (Purchased July 31 received Aug. 14. However time length was a little longer than expected.) I will recommend this organization to my friends.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I was contacted by Lear Capital with a offer of silver at a price that I couldn't turn down. I then transferred the total amount of one of my annuities into my Lear account. Couldn't be more pleased. I feel that the representatives at Lear Capital have my best interests at heart.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

This was my first order of metal from any supplier. I was very pleased with how simple it was. Your representative answered all of my questions. I will certainly return to Lear when I make another investment. Confidence is the most important criterion when doing financial transactions with someone for the first time.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Very fair and patient with their clients. Make you feel relax with them and trusting. I need to be careful with this money. I am counting on Ted and Dana to help me stay calm through this. Back into metals for the first time. I just need some money to keep me going. I trust Ted and Dana and I know I have to help and listen...

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

We are surely not your biggest client but we have always been treated like we were. Never had a bad experience with Lear in any of our transactions with Joanne ** who has acted as our personal representative with Lear Capital.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I worked with Charlie on my purchase. He taught me the ends and outs of Silver, the ups and downs of the market, and after working with him I understood everything I needed to know in order to purchase and keep track of the market. He made it a really smooth process and I will exclusively use him again for my future transactions.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I am satisfied. I have a couple of questions however. I noticed the add on TV states that Lear Capital offers 1 free silver bar on our first call or order. Does this apply to my order?. Also wondered how to best clean the coins.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I invested just under $100,000 from my IRA in silver coins. I love the coins, but they are heavy! Recently Lear allowed me to swap some of the silver for gold coins at equal value... and Lear paid the shipping and insurance. I'm very happy to have possession of my coins, which I took out of my IRA.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I have never invested in metals before. I am still a little confused why I paid a higher price for the silver than I see on other websites. Also the price fluctuates so much I wonder about the long term investment.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Lear's representative Danny ** knows his business. He provided information regarding many different products and packages, answered all of my many questions, provided information so that I could choose the best item for my situation and was genuinely kind and considerate. I have purchased coins from other dealers but none provided the customer service experience that Danny provided.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

When I first thought about investing in rare coins, I didn't have a clue how to proceed, or where to go for guidance. I saw several commercials on TV, touting the expected increases in the value of gold and especially silver, and the info on the expected surge in silver prices really tempted me. The leading source seemed to be Lear Capital so that's who I contacted. I first talked to Derek ** who really gave me a good insight on what it was all about, to the extent that I placed an order on the spot for $100,000. Derek explained how the coins would be shipped and when to expect them. He was right on the money in all respects. I got an E-mail when the shipment was coming and how I would get the info from the carrier. That, too, was right on the money. I got 7 of the 8 boxes at once and was told that the 8th box would arrive the next day, which it did.

I also spoke to a couple of other men, who told me exactly how the system worked and told me to call if anything seemed to be amiss, or strange. Everything went like clockwork. The carrier called before they delivered to make sure I was here to accept the boxes. They unloaded them and stacked them neatly where I wanted them in the garage, so that I was able to re-stack them in the house exactly where I wanted them later. Great work in all areas!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I am very pleased with the service I receive from Lear Capital. I feel secure and am pleased with the correspondence I receive regarding my order... they keep me well informed of the status of my order.

Lear Capital Company Information