2. Gold IRA Companies
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.67/5
Based on 1,000 ratings submitted in the last year

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $3 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Lear Capital provides updated spot pricing, informative staff and quick home delivery. Though the company charges annual fees to store metals, consumers can trust their investments are secure in the Delaware Depository.

PROS

• Experienced provider
  • 30-day price guarantee certificate
  • Physical possession and liquidation available

CONS

• Annual fees to store and secure metals

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital helps consumers diversify their investment portfolios with precious metals like gold, silver, numismatic coins and precious metal IRA accounts. The company provides its customers with a real-time investor relationship providing market data, insights and price notifications to help protect and grow investments. In total, Lear Capital has completed over $3 billion in trusted transactions.

To help its consumers make informed decisions, Lear Capital provides real-time guidance and access to daily and weekly updates. The company provides email alerts on real-time data for the price of gold, silver, platinum and palladium pieces.

Other features include numismatic rare coins offerings, market charts and price notifications. Numismatic rare coins are an inflation-resistant metal with a long-term record of profitability. These coins let consumers feel confident in their decision to pursue the options from Lear Capital’s rare coins section. Lear also gives you the ability to purchase precious metals at any time in the company’s online store, whether it’s 7am or after midnight.

For consumers who want flexibility in their retirement plan, Lear Capital can assist you set up a precious metals IRA.

To help with your investment knowledge, Lear Capital provides a coin encyclopedia that displays all American coins and their history. The company can assess the value should you choose to liquidate your gold coins, even those from consignment and auctions.

401k vs. IRA: The IRA Advantage with Lear Capital

Establishing a precious metals IRA with Lear Capital is a fast, easy and secure way to diversify your portfolio. To begin, a dedicated account team member walks you through the simple application process, which takes about 10 minutes to complete. Once the application is processed and approved, your account is set up within 24 hours.

Lear Capital reaches out to your current IRA custodian on your behalf to arrange for the tax-free rollover of your monies. The funds are transferred via bank wire and deposited into your precious metals IRA account.

• Lear Capital security: All metals are stored in an IRS-approved vault with Delaware Depository. The metals are backed with a comprehensive insurance policy from one of the oldest insurance providers, Lloyds of London. Lear Capital offers a three-step price advantage guarantee for every transaction, which provides each customer with a written account agreement, a phone confirmation and a written confirmation.
  • Lear Capital fees: Consumers who open a precious metals IRA pays an annual fee of $160. This fee covers payment for storage, insurance to protect metals, quarterly financial statements and 24/7 access to an online account for viewing portfolio performance.

Lear Capital cost

Pricing varies, depending on which precious metals you are interested in.

Gold coins$455 - $1,353
Silver coins$18 - $14,000
Premium coinsPricing varies

Lear Capital accepts cash, personal checks, money orders, wire transfers and credit cards. After a purchase, Lear Capital guarantees product shipment within 15 to 17 business days, though items usually ship in one week. Gold orders over $10,000 receive free shipping.

Lear Capital FAQ

Which coins are IRA eligible?
Eligible coins include gold and silver coins like Proof American Eagle, Gold Canadian Maple Leaf, 2019 Gold Orca, Silver Canadian Maple Leaf and 2019 Silver Orca. A full list of eligible coins can be viewed on the Lear Capital website. Gold bullion bars that are .995+ fine and silver bullion bars that are .999+ fine are eligible, as well.
How can I track the performance of my portfolio?
The company’s partnership with IRA custodian Self Directed IRA Services, Inc. offers a secure, easy to navigate website with 24/7 online access to your portfolio performance. Lear Capital also provides quarterly statements that can be mailed directly to your home address.

Do we recommend Lear Capital?

We believe partnering with Lear Capital to diversify your investment portfolio is a smart choice. Lear Capital creates a real-time investor relationship with its customers, providing market data, insights and price notifications to help protect and grow investments for clients nearing retirement or want to avoid sharp market fluctuations.

Lear Capital Reviews

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I am writing these comments about my experiences with Charles ** and my dealings with Lear Capital with my purchase of silver. I am very pleased with the experience so far. Charles ** has informed not only myself and my wife, Kim, so that we both truly understood what we were investing in and the best way to achieve our goals. Charles made us very comfortable with our purchase and has made it very clear that if we need any help, all we have to do is call or e-mail him and he would help in any way he could. This makes my wife and myself very comfortable and have very positive toward him and Lear capital.

Dan

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

Lev and his team have provided excellent service from the time of our initial contact through our most recent conversation just a couple of weeks ago. They are professionals with expertise and knowledge that made it easy for me to understand and have confidence in the products (gold, silver, platinum and palladium) I was interested in investing for my IRA. I have told my family and friends about them and recommended Lev and his team to all of them. I am so pleased with their service that I talk about them any time I get into a conversation with anyone about precious metals, retirement, investing or any topics that may be related.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

Every one at Lear Capital was very efficient, attentive, knowledgeable and polite. However, the FedEx delivery person delivered the silver to the wrong address and the wrong person signed for it. I notified Lear Capital by email over the weekend by Monday when I called my agent, he had already reported the issue to FedEx. The delivery error, of course, was not the fault of Lear Capital and I was happy with the speed at which they reported it to FedEx and then got in touch with me. I was also very pleased with the donated extra coins in the shipment.

Original review: July 22, 2019

As a new customer to the precious metals market I called Lear Capital to inquire first before ordering anything. I must say that I was not satisfied with that experience, I was looking to be educated on what is good to buy, how it should be handled and/or stored, and just some general information on the varying options. I got no such thing, the answer I got was “gold is just gold, you just keep it”. Thanks **. I decided to make the purchase on my own online as obviously I wasn’t receiving any help on the phone, that was a much better experience although I did not see a lot in the way of education for a new consumer. Something in that respect may help your sales going forward and something to consider. Anyway I am happy with my (relatively small) first-time purchase and with the retailer as a reliable source. Thanks Lear!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Arron was kind, informative, and patient with my many questions. As I was taking the time to get my money up and decide what to do, Arron didn't hound me, which I really appreciate, but only called once in a while. Once I made the decision, Arron made sure I had all the information I needed, moved through the process quickly and kept in touch as I waited for my silver to be delivered. I look forward to to a long (hopefully not too long) and pleasant relationship with Lear Capital, as I wait for my investment to to peak. I am very happy with the decision I made and am confident it will pay off in a few years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

My first attempt to purchase from a competitor made me feel like I didn't have enough money to be important to them. Not so with Lear Capital! The rep. guided me thru the process and put me at ease. He convinced me that no matter the amount of my investment, It was important to both of us. He did a great job of answering my questions and completing my transaction. I will be investing with Lear Capital on a regular basis from now on!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I was disappointed to find out I could have gotten a free coin with this order but it was not offered to me. Also I would like to have learned more about the 2-5 thousand dollars in silver I could be eligible for. I learned about these things from your commercial.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

This is my first experience with precious metals investing. Mr. ** was excellent while walking me through what I wanted and needed to know before investing. I look forward to continuing my relationship with Lear Capital.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I found your service to be exceptional from the first time I called and talked to Dmitri who explained everything that I needed to know with no pressure till the time I received my order. Everyone was great.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Bought in several orders Gold Coins in 1/4 Oz denomination. In all the occasions the service was professional and impeccable. Lear Representative courteous and helpful. Product delivery always without problems. I recommended Lear Capital to friends.

Lear Capital Company Information