toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband Jerry ** and I were much surprised at how easy Jarrod ** made our buying experience. We knew very little about precious metals until Jerrod answered our many questions with ease and knowledge. We are very happy with our purchase and with Lear Capital. We would definitely recommend your company to family and friends. Thank You.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was extremely pleased with my experience and with my purchase. The coins themselves are so beautiful. I feel I have made a start on a modest, but meaningful acquisition of actual precious metal assets. Lear Capital was totally courteous and professional throughout the transaction. BTW, I heard about Lear listening to the Dave Ramsey financial advice radio show, and he is a very astute man! Thanks, Lear Capital!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lear Capital USA wonderful company to work with. They are quick and easy with their ordering (Silver Eagle). Problems are addressed fast but problems are few to none in the first place. I will and have recommended this remarkable company to friends and family alike.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used to buy precious metals at a trusted local jewelry store but since Lear Capital has been helping me set up a Self Directed IRA to store my gold and silver coins I am using now Lear Capital as my primary source of buying precious metals. Craig is excellent in customer service. I finally have found a friend to assist me in wealth reservation with precious metals.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was a little skeptical when I first discussed this with Lear. I did a lot of research to make sure it was legit. My follow-up conversations after the initial contact were very informative and very organized. I was always given clear instructions on what to do and who I would be talking with next. There was no pressure to buy and all questions were answered quickly and professionally. I will definitely be back for more. Great Customer service.

I am satisfied. I have a couple of questions however. I noticed the add on TV states that Lear Capital offers 1 free silver bar on our first call or order. Does this apply to my order?. Also wondered how to best clean the coins.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I invested just under $100,000 from my IRA in silver coins. I love the coins, but they are heavy! Recently Lear allowed me to swap some of the silver for gold coins at equal value... and Lear paid the shipping and insurance. I'm very happy to have possession of my coins, which I took out of my IRA.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have never invested in metals before. I am still a little confused why I paid a higher price for the silver than I see on other websites. Also the price fluctuates so much I wonder about the long term investment.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Lear's representative Danny ** knows his business. He provided information regarding many different products and packages, answered all of my many questions, provided information so that I could choose the best item for my situation and was genuinely kind and considerate. I have purchased coins from other dealers but none provided the customer service experience that Danny provided.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I first thought about investing in rare coins, I didn't have a clue how to proceed, or where to go for guidance. I saw several commercials on TV, touting the expected increases in the value of gold and especially silver, and the info on the expected surge in silver prices really tempted me. The leading source seemed to be Lear Capital so that's who I contacted. I first talked to Derek ** who really gave me a good insight on what it was all about, to the extent that I placed an order on the spot for $100,000. Derek explained how the coins would be shipped and when to expect them. He was right on the money in all respects. I got an E-mail when the shipment was coming and how I would get the info from the carrier. That, too, was right on the money. I got 7 of the 8 boxes at once and was told that the 8th box would arrive the next day, which it did.

I also spoke to a couple of other men, who told me exactly how the system worked and told me to call if anything seemed to be amiss, or strange. Everything went like clockwork. The carrier called before they delivered to make sure I was here to accept the boxes. They unloaded them and stacked them neatly where I wanted them in the garage, so that I was able to re-stack them in the house exactly where I wanted them later. Great work in all areas!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am very pleased with the service I receive from Lear Capital. I feel secure and am pleased with the correspondence I receive regarding my order... they keep me well informed of the status of my order.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was a good experience dealing with Michael **. He led me through all the information I needed to make an informed decision. I ended up feeling good about what I was buying and why it was a good choice. He was available promptly when I needed to speak with him.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer
This was my first investment in silver. I appreciate the confidence given by the associate and felt secure sending hard earned $ in advance. Delivery was quick.

The merchandise is beautiful. I definitely will be a repeat customer and will gladly recommend Lear Capital to anyone who wishes to purchase gold or silver. I give you guys a double thumbs up. Thanks again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very pleased with each of the individuals I spoke with. I have some knowledge of precious metals and felt that what I knew to be true was accurately presented. What I did not know was carefully explained. I felt guidance but never felt pushed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Received my invoice showing that I bought coins to the amount of $9705.78. Clearly the invoice was not detailed. My online account however showed that the value of the coins was $5800. I HAD TO INSIST on an itemized breakdown. When I finally got the details, the commissions were $3900 or about 40% of my investment... Highway robbery. I should have known better.

First and foremost, Jodi ** is one of the most personal, professional and competent person I have ever dealt with over the phone. Jodi took the time to explain everything about metals to me and was patient throughout my learning experience. Once I was updated and educated on Precious metals, I was so excited to get started with my portfolio and was proud to have Lear Capital as my primary broker. Jodi continues to keep me informed on the metals market and is always a pleasure to speak with. I would highly recommend that my colleagues get involved with the type of investment and would very highly recommend that Jodi be their representative.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I always look forward to placing an order. It really is a wonderful experience. If I am uncertain about anything, I am always given perfect advice and I end up more than satisfied. I never wait long for delivery of my coins and the order is always perfect. Again... I look forward to speaking with my contact... and yes, of course I will and do recommend you and highly.

Lear Capital

Martin, we sincerely apologize for the shipping issues you experienced. I can assure that indeed your experience represents a very rare occurrence indeed as our shipping is best in the industry. However, when a client is not satisfied, we work to go the extra mile to resolve your issue. I am willing to authorize a complete refund of your shipping fees, I simply need you to send me an email requesting that you are willing to accept said refund. If you have a picture on your mobile device that you could attach of the box, that would be helpful indeed as the video that we have of your package going out shows a completely in tact box when it left our facility. Nevertheless, the email is marketing@learcapital.com. Thank you for your business.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Contact with agent = Great. Ability to understand & complete order = Easy. Making payment for order = Easy. Wait time for shipment = Less than most. Unpacking order = Disappointing. Poor packing attention. Someone was not doing a proper job and used faulty material. Also sending unacceptable GOLD coins.

I had no idea what I was doing when I contacted Lear. I was pleasantly surprised with the patience and knowledge of the company. They explained in detail my choices and any small question I had. I am very happy with the rollover of my IRA into silver.

I was referred by a relative regarding Lear Capital. I made contact with Richmond **, senior account executive. Richmond was very knowledgeable and friendly with getting me set up with an account. He was very patient with me and took time to explain a lot of questions I had regarding my investment. All members at Lear Capital have been very pleasant to work with and made you feel part of the family. I will definitely refer additional family/friends to this company. Thanks again! It was a great experience.

I could not be more pleased with the sales team. I enjoyed doing business with at Lear Capital. I spoke with Mr. ** and four other people who each treated me as if I were the most important customer in the world. I was amazed by the lack of hard pressure one usually gets from sales people. What I got was service that comes with confidence a team has when they KNOW you will want to do business with them once you realize they have your best interest at heart. Even the young lady at the switchboard bent over backwards to find out the information I was requesting.

I could tell it was not her job, but I would never have known it from her effort to help me find someone who could get me the answer. And even after she found a person to answer my question, I got another phone call about five minutes later from someone else just wanting to make sure I had gotten the answers I had been seeking. I'm telling you, these people are amazing. I have already told all of my friends about this experience. I spent most of my life in sales, and I know a great sales team when I see it.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We recently made our first purchase from Lear Capital on order #**, with Joanne ** as our account representative. We were very pleased with our dealing with her. We are currently in the process of contacting her for another small order. We will be contacting her soon. P.S. We were very unhappy with the way FedEx completed the delivery. We know that Lear Capital was not responsible.

Order was straightforward, and items were received in perfect condition. I held back one star because it took longer than I would like, total time was about 4 weeks, this should be cut down to less than ten days from placement of orders.

One of your account execs, Brian **, called me as I had subscribed to the newsletter. He was very professional and courteous and asked me a few questions about my level of interest in gold and silver. He wasn't pushy and assured me that he would be available to help me when I am in a position to pursue precious metals investing. He left me with a good impression of Lear Capital.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

As a first time customer I required more information and hand holding than usual. I found my account rep to be patient and willing to let me take the time to learn about the product. This was reassuring as was his demeanor. Thank you Dean.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The purchase seemed a bit complicated but I received excellent help at every turn. I would like to see a Lear Capital website for tracking the value fluctuations (preferably monthly) of my silver investment. Also, I would like to know if an additional investment requires opening a new account or if I can add it to my existing account.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

During my initial setup with Lear Capital I suffered a heart attack and was in the hospital. I was worried about all the details one thinks about when the future is uncertain. One thing I didn't worry was my precious metal transaction as my questions were always answered promptly and the genuine expressions of well wishes was very appreciated. This company appeared to be in the "people pleasing" business not the investing business. Special thanks to Daniel ** who reached out to provide shipping details.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I communicated with Daniel ** of Lear Capital. He was very professional, stayed in close touch with me, advised us of our shipment date, how to track it and then followed up after we received our order.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My husband had been researching in buying gold and he contacted Lear Capital and they couldn't have been more helpful, answering all of our questions and concerns. We were sooo happy with them that we made another investment in silver. All that we have worked have been very informative and very quick in their responses. I will continue to work with them!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The Lear Capital IRA precious metals program is certainly a well put together program. Brochures and information are very professionally produced and the communication system between the customer and account representatives works very good. The Senior Account Executive (Lev **) was able to resolve some fairly difficult problems associated with the establishment of my wife's IRA transfer and for this he and assistant Samara ** should be commended. Bravo Lear Capital. You have a customer for life!

Over a year ago I transferred over 500k to Lear Capital. David ** is their CEO. They told me that they were going to purchase Canadian Snow Falcons, 1.5 ounce neumanistic coins, and fed me the line of crap that they would appreciate faster than other metals, if I wait long enough. The next day my account was devalued by over 200k. I called them and was fed the same line of crap. Hang in there, they said.

Two months ago I had an emergency ad. Needed to withdraw 200k. They were glad to do it. That transaction cost me $98,000. Falcons sold at $32 and they cashed all my gold. They reinvested the remaining silver in Gold Grizzlies. That is devalued by $80,000. If I wait long enough, maybe 100 years I should recover.

Those coins were a major RIP OFF TO ME. Mr. ** told me tough **. I didn't wait long enough. They were glad to celebrate with my money. STAY AWAY FROM THESE LOW LIFE CROOKS. Do not buy Canadian Snow Falcons or the Grizzlies. MAJOR RIP OFF OF MUCH OF MY LIFE SAVINGS. THEY DON'T CARE. THEY LIE WHEN THEY SAY THAT THEY DON'T RECOMMEND WHAT TO BUY. They just do it and get large bonuses when they can scam people like me who bought their line of **.

Updated on 06/27/2017: I recently wrote a review about these scam artists and it was marked as resolved. We'll it's not resolved. Far From it. I want to advise investors to use EXTREME caution before investing with people. They have cost me $170,000. They just lied to me again by saying that the markets had gone down since I invested with them. Silver went up $4 per ounce, from $14 to $18 per ounce. I gave them $587,000 and they bought silver snow Falcons and gold. The purchase price for the silver coins was $49 each. Immediately, the next day they were devalued to $30 and my account was down $200,000. They lied to me and said I needed to be more in gold so they took my remaining silver and bought gold grizzlies. Immediately that account devalued by $80,000. BUYER BEWARE!!! I do indeed want to speak with a lawyer about this debacle! The complaint is not resolved.

Lear is fine and the time for delivery from the date of order was not too long. Yet, what I don't understand is, how the silver will rust over time. My having had silver in the past, it rust before too long. It wasn't until I began using, something called "Flambeau Zerust" strips, that rust has been prevented. Nor, do I know whether or not any rusted coins can be restored. Thanks.

Outstanding support. First timer coin purchase so I had a hundred questions. Representative provided answers and resources so I could do additional research. I wasn't under any pressure to make a purchase before I was ready. Throughout the process I was provided courteous & professional support.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Chris ** contacts me regularly to see if I'm happy with my investments and to give me an update on the market. Based on these conversations I may, or may not, decide to change my investment options, but the choice is always mine and Chris is always patient when I ask a lot of questions.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I ordered about $2500 worth of various silver coins. I had a good experience, but am not quite convinced that when the time comes the sell back value will be an appropriate return. Everything else seemed pretty great.

Lear Capital Company Profile