4.7/5 (1143 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital has been involved in the precious metals industry since 1997, and it's now completed more than $3 billion in transactions. It can help you buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins and physical gold and silver. It also offers a Price Advantage Guarantee for added transparency.

Pros

• In business a relatively long time
  • Transparent pricing
  • Full-service gold dealer

Cons

• Website can be hard to navigate
  • Only one depository option

Bottom Line

Lear Capital lets you invest in precious metals through IRAs, bullion or rare coins. IRAs cost a relatively low flat fee, and your IRA investments are secured by Delaware Depository.

Lear Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: May 14, 2020

With a $35000 investment my money was reduced to $24000 based on the coin purchase price. The process was moving at such a fast pace that it produced a poor decision on my part. If I could reverse the deal I would!

Original review: May 14, 2020

10 2oz Silver Eagles, 28 1oz Orcas. Although Derek ** was very busy he always answered my phone calls - he answered all the questions I had and was very

knowledgeable about what to invest in. He was always very courteous with every call. I would recommend him to others who wish to know about investments.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Lear Capital was recommended as a safe, efficient and honest program for precious metal purchases. I have discussed my needs with Mr. Gary ** on three occasions and I respect his knowledge, empathy and recommendations. He has made my experience easy, understandable and comfortable. I give Mr. ** high marks for his professionalism. Another satisfied customer...

Original review: May 11, 2020

I highly recommend Lear Capital to anyone who is considering precious metals as part of their investment strategy. I found their team to be very knowledgeable and they took time to ask and answer questions. They were proactive with follow up items and provided first-rate customer service.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Outstanding Service. Eric ** l is an outstanding contribution to Lear Capital. Due to the incredible customer service and professionalism, I've placed another order, which is currently in the transfer process.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I was treated pretty horrible in the past with precious metals companies. My first phone call was with Katherine who called me first to send me some information. She was very professional and didn’t make me feel like a dollar sign. She told me some prices that sounded great, and just really knew her stuff. I’m looking forward to speaking with her manager to review the info.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I am impressed with two things, 1 silver pricing, and 2 customer services during this COVID-19 experience. When I called to find out the status of the order the contact was courteous and gave me the information I needed to understand the status and delivery time-frame. I will continue to do business with Lear Capital.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I dealt with a professional Agent for Lear Capital, Mr. Dmitri **. I felt I was in good hands from the first phone call. He carefully explained every aspect of the purchase and the electronic signing of the Agreement. Would I recommend Lear Capital, most definitely.

Original review: May 4, 2020

I am still trying to speak to my rep to find out how I was sold one-tenth ounce gold coins which is the most costly and far less bang for your buck when I set up an IRA. No phone call returned after promising to do so on May 1st, and emails not completely answered yet. Why would I agree to buy 107 tenth-ounce coins for $255.70 each which equates to a $2,557 per ounce gold price. That type of coin was never discussed or seen in brochures. I have no record of sending in an electronic signature of a shipping agreement via email and have doubts I could have sent it being that I left for the airport right after our recorded phone call which I have requested but have yet to hear it.

I realize we are in a workplace pause but it's been since late March. I have been corresponding with my rep to get answers. Right now I am glad I only experimented with $40k to find out how this would work as I had others who were interested but so far I am not recommending Lear to them. I did get some recent quotes from other companies which would have offered a much better deal for the same Lear got me. My suggestion to anyone reading this is to never do electronic signing nor agree to anything by phone but see the documents in hand to know exactly what you will get and the cost and then sign them.

Original review: May 1, 2020

Ordered silver #**. Sent a check, got no confirmation that Lear received it, when I called and emailed to ask about it, I didn't get any response, so I ordered more silver from Blanchard and Co. I will never use Lear again. Customer service is horrible.

Original review: May 1, 2020

As a first time precious metal buyer, I was not sure where to go to purchase silver. As I searched and scrolled I discovered many companies. In addition, as a Robert Kiyosaki viewer, I remembered that he mentioned Lear Capital once on youtube so I decided to go with you! My order was correct, the agents on the phone were polite and very helpful and made the process of buying silver coins a great experience for my first time at investing in silver. Thank you Lear Capital and I am shopping for my next purchase with you now!

Original review: April 30, 2020

Outstanding service from my account representative. As a first-time buyer of gold, he explained everything to me extremely well, answered all my questions and gave me the guidance I needed. He stayed in contact with me. Because of the Corona Virus there were a couple of hiccups, but he worked with me and reassured me every step of the way.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Originally I called to buy gold and was talked into silver, at a higher price. I should not have been so gullible. Then when I bought gold I didnt receive for a long time. Silver though on the rise is still lower than what I paid for it. I could be way better off if I could have bought gold. At this rate it could b a long time before I'm even with that one. If I can say anything of value it would be for you not to talk someone out of a purchase of their choice. I will likely not use u in the future.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Josh ** did a fantastic job from the moment I initiated the order till the day I received the shipment. He kept me informed every step of the process. Very professional. I will place another order ASAP. Great company.

Original review: April 28, 2020

I truly enjoyed talking with Peter ** when I asked about making my first purchase of silver. He was very thorough in explaining all options available. I learned and understood way more than I ever thought possible because he broke it down to layman's terms. He is very knowledgeable, friendly and professional. He shares and repeats information patiently. Made me feel so comfortable and at ease. I plan to continue contacting Peter ** throughout this year and every year for the next 10 years.

Original review: April 28, 2020

This was my first time placing an order and the agent I had was very helpful in assisting me in deciding my purchase. Joanne ** was very knowledgeable and very personal. There was no pressure and my purchase was easy. She informed me of the whole process from start to finish. When I am able to make another purchase I will ask for Joanne.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Silver Maple Leaf coin order. I placed my order online but this time it was required to send a check instead of the usual credit card process. As soon as the check cleared, the order was processed and I received a Fedex tracking number. Lear is in Santa Monica but I watched the package go to NJ and another place before arriving at my location. It was delivered in perfect condition even with the out of the way trip. The coins were nicely packaged and in beautiful condition. Made we wish I had purchased more. Seeing the coins on the website is nothing like seeing the shining silver in your hand. Next time I will save up for gold.

Original review: April 28, 2020

Great Experience. I have purchased coins from Lear multiple times. The ordering process is always easy and shipping was delivered in a discreet manner. I have always received freshly minter and well packaged coins.

Original review: April 27, 2020

My payment was received by you on March 13 and I was told it would ship out in no more than 17 days. I did not receive my package until April 21. I was sent tracking information two times. The first supposed shipment was never sent. I was not kept informed as to what was happening with my order and I started doubting wether I would even get it. Part of my problem is that I could not get through on the phone and was not getting response to my messages. I did finally receive my order and am relieved to finally get it.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I've been a customer for several years. I've never had problems ordering from the website. The orders have always come in a reasonable time. The product has always been packaged so that there were no damages. I've no complaints. Yes, I would recommend to a friend.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I continue to purchase silver coins from Lear Capital because the service has been top-notch every time. Not only do I purchase coins as a personal investment, but also as gifts to grandchildren for each tooth they lose. With 7 grandchildren to date, I will be doing business with Lear for many years to come!

Original review: April 24, 2020

I had a professional and good experience. Nathan who I worked with was knowledgeable and respected my time. He working within my budget made the perfect plan for me. He made it painless and easy for me while leaving me in control. Thanks!

Original review: April 24, 2020

Richmond ** was very helpful to make me understand that I didn't see anything yet on my computer when I looked at my portfolio. His warehouse crew is affected by this virus. Said wait a week then my purchase showed up, very comforted to know and see.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I had a good experience with Lear. Aaron was patient and made a great recommendation for our investment. I was a bit frustrated by the lag in delivery of our product but I will chalk that up to the covid-19 scare.

Original review: April 23, 2020

It was a mediocre experience. The product I wanted was unavailable and I had to invest in a product that I'm not totally satisfied with. In the future I plan to hold firm to what I want and go elsewhere if necessary.

Original review: April 23, 2020

Lear Capital has been awesome every time we have used them. Always courteous and helpful. They go above and beyond. We have been very satisfied with all of our experiences with them. They treat us like friends.

Original review: April 23, 2020

This was my first time buying any kind of metal's of any type, Gary's knowledge and advice on what and how was spot on and I am looking forward to future buys with him and Lear Capital because of how great this first experience was, he is a true professional and gave me the best advice and help I didn't I DIDN'T get or even hear from for fact from a few of the other more popular metal's dealer's out there, Lear capital has my respect and will have all of my future business. Thank you again for being honest and forthcoming with everything from start to the Finish. I am more than pleased. I am thankful.

Sincerely Tyler

Original review: April 23, 2020

Placing an order was pretty difficult after speaking to several people at Lear Capital. I made a purchase online, mailed the check the same day and was later told my check did not arrive quick enough. Due to high demand my order would be canceled and if I wanted to use a broker at $5000 minimum I could place a new order. I am a first time buyer and purchased a small amount to see how it all works. A few weeks later I received an email saying my order would be shipping soon. All in all, my first experience with Lear Capital was not all that pleasant.

Original review: April 22, 2020

As a novice, a first-time buyer of gold coins I didn’t have the slightest idea of how to go about it. I phoned Lear for information and to judge whether or not I would want to do business with the company. I spoke with Gary ** and after a long conversation knew I had lucked out, and placed my order. When a family member became very worried about the cost of my purchase, Gary had a long conversation with her, putting all her fears at rest. Today she is an enthusiastic supporter of my foray into the gold field! And I am happy as lark with my coins. All in all, a very rewarding and happy experience.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Gary was awesome- knowledgeable and patient in educating me on the nuances of investing in precious metals. He was also able to explain the reality, or lack thereof, of some of the negative reviews on the internet. I received my purchase in a timely manner and as promised. I did have some confusion about the spread/premium I was paying but was satisfied with the explanation of the justification for it and the value of dealing with Lear. I will be purchasing more metals from them in the future.

Lear Capital Company Information