4.7/5 (1143 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital has been involved in the precious metals industry since 1997, and it's now completed more than $3 billion in transactions. It can help you buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins and physical gold and silver. It also offers a Price Advantage Guarantee for added transparency.

Pros

• In business a relatively long time
  • Transparent pricing
  • Full-service gold dealer

Cons

• Website can be hard to navigate
  • Only one depository option

Bottom Line

Lear Capital lets you invest in precious metals through IRAs, bullion or rare coins. IRAs cost a relatively low flat fee, and your IRA investments are secured by Delaware Depository.

Lear Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Just wanted to thank Dimitri **. He was an excellent source of information for a first time buyer. Great service. Flawless transaction. Very pleased. Thank you very much. I will be happy to recommend Lear Capital based on my experience.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Professional, reliable, great communication, Organized, efficient, and trustworthy. Perfect company for the First Time Investor. My transaction went perfectly and exactly as promised. 5 stars on communication! Thank you for the great experience.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I had to sell some silver and worked with a Demitri **. He walked me through the process needed to mail in my silver and gave me an accurate value for it. Demitri also kept me informed as to when I should receive my check. All in all a positive experience.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

This was our first major investment in precious metals. We were uncertain on how to go about our purchase. But Morrey ** was very very helpful explaining and guiding us through the process. He is a wreath of knowledge. He kept in constant contact with us thru the whole process, and thanks to Morrey everything went smoothly as he said that it would. Would recommend Lear Capital and Morrey to anyone interested in precious metals. Thanks to Morrey, Roger and Linda ** Spokane Valley, Wash.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Dmitri answered my call to Lear, he came across as honest, helpful, and truthful. No pressure just talking to the guy sitting next to me. I appreciate that! I told him what I was looking for and he answered my questions. I shared my experience with a competitor of yours. There was a stark difference. Please give Dmitri a raise or a gift certificate to a nice restaurant. He is the reason your company will succeed. Thank you.

Merle

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

This was my first experience in purchasing silver. I was recommended by my sister to invest. So, I called Morrey and he explained everything. He is number one in my book!!! I know if I have a question, I can pick up the phone and call.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Entering the medals market, we had lots of questions and it was our good fortune that Morrey ** was on the other end of the line patiently guiding us with answers and giving us confidence. This was our second order we placed with Morrey and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I appreciate Dmitri's assistance and knowledge as I needed to sell my silver and handle a health need immediately. He advised me that higher prices were coming but health needs were handled by his assistance. Thanks, Terry **

Original review: July 28, 2021

Maury ** is a great contact and representative for the Lear Organization. He was very knowledgeable, patient and informative in our first discussion. He presented my options keeping in mind my stated limitations. He followed up appropriately and provided step by step excellent directions. I would recommend him to my friends and family and will contact him again in the future for additional purchases. The entire process was easy and efficient.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Overall experience with Gerry ** and Terry ** was great. Very helpful. Great attitudes. Positive outlooks. My biggest obstacle is always with paperwork and Kelly **? was so helpful and kind. She even offered to stay on the line while we Contacted Voya. It was no problem for her. Out of her way to be kind and friendly. Don’t know what you pay her but she would be a bargain at twice the price.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I had been looking around for good deals on precious metals and saw a commercial for Lear. I called and was fortunate enough to have Brad ** as my representative. Brad is very professional, patient, and helpful, as I am new to buying precious metals. The prices were very good and when I received my order everything looked good and there were no issues at all. I only gave Lear 4 stars because of the delay in shipping. I placed my order on 4-12-21 and they received my payment on 4-19-21. My order did not ship until 5-7-21. Brad explained the delay to my satisfaction so I have no complaints. I do recommend Lear Capital and strongly suggest contacting Brad. His extension is **.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I very much appreciate the help given me by Morrey ** as I knew I wanted to diversify my investments with precious metals. Mr. ** thoroughly explained my options concerning gold and silver, and his clear explanation made it easy for me to decide how to invest. In addition Mr. **'s follow up with me as I completed my purchase was extremely helpful. I was so glad to have his help!

Original review: April 21, 2021

I just received my first order of silver. Morrey ** is a top quality associate in your company. From the first phone call to just receiving my first order, everything went exactly as he said it would. I will tell my family and friends to contact Morrey to order silver and gold.

Thank you, Wm. G.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Morrey was a great help in guiding me & making recommendations on what I should buy. He explained the complete process. Morrey was very kind and helpful. I give Morrey five stars. When I can buy more I will be in touch with Morrey. Great Job. Edwin Richard **

Original review: April 5, 2021

I couldn’t be happier with my experience. Morrey answered all of my questions and explained things thoroughly. He was very professional and personable, and the best part was that I never felt pressured. He made the entire transaction very easy and comfortable. The Canadian Silver Nature coins that I purchased are beautiful, were a fair price and came in a timely manner. I am very satisfied.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I have had about 5 transactions with Bradford **. He had always been prompt and efficient. He answers my questions thoroughly and explains things well. I have been very satisfied with transactions for a number of metals such as silver and gold coins and bars of platinum. In addition to recommending him to my good friend, who wanted to invest in precious metals, I have also had him work with my husband.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Mr ** went out of his way to find the best prices on coins (and shipping!) in Lear's inventory to meet my needs. He was also very patient with "snafu's" that I was responsible for. He's a Mensch! We'll do business again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Thank you Lear Capital for helping with this transaction. I am very pleased with Lear Capital with their professionalism and knowledge with the decisions I needed to make. I would highly recommend Lear Capital to anyone for their investment in precious metals. I am looking forward to do more investments with them in the future. Rich

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Brad was extremely helpful in explaining, acquiring, and completing my order. While explaining differences in products, and markets. I will rely on Mr. ** experience in future investments. Great job done well.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Morrey has been exceptional to work with, I’m a new investor trying to diversify my portfolio and Morrey has been pivotal in my new venture. He took the time to explain the market to me, took my personal situation into consideration and was open and honest with me throughout the process. He’s always accessible for questions or inquiries and makes a point to contact me, as a courtesy, to keep me up-to-date during the order process. I appreciate his knowledge and understanding of the market and see him as a great resource of information. All of this, combined with his upbeat personality and get demeanor, has made this a seamless and smooth experience overall. I plan to continue this newly built relationship with Morrey and Lear Capital and look forward to what the future holds. P.S. I would give Morrey (and Lear Capital) 10 stars if possible. Thanks for everything!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I have been working with Senior Account Executive Morrey ** on investing in precious metals. He is very informative & explained everything that I can understand so easily. I am very blessed to have him helping me with my investments.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I am happy with the service I have received from Lear Capital. I know they gave their best effort to get me the best deals possible for the precious metals in my IRA accounts. The process for transferring funds into the accounts and purchasing the precious metals was quick and easy.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Ordering silver today was an easy process and a positive experience. Although I was unsure of what kind of silver to buy, Brad make me feel like I made the right choice and that it was definitely the right decision for me. I highly recommend this company for its reliable and professional service.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Brad was very helpful when I wanted to sell some Polar Bear 1.5 ounce silver coins. He gave me a fair offer for the coins and explained the return process in detail. I received the necessary paperwork promptly. He quickly returned my call to answer additional questions that I had. Top quality customer service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

We had the pleasure to do business with a representative. Cal so much knowledge about Lear Capital and the Gold and Silver market. He was accurate and he promised was done and delivered. A company that cares for its clients.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Your Senior Account Executive Cal ** was a pleasure to do business with. He was sincere, courteous and professional. You may be assured that he represented your firm in a most professional manner. I would be proud to recommend him and your firm to my friends and family in a heartbeat.. I am most pleased with my purchase and hope to do business with you in the future. Sincerely... Robert

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

Cal ** provided excellent service for purchasing gold and silver coins. He was very expedient at meeting my requests and fulfilling the order. The process to buy metals could not have been smoother or faster. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

My last purchase and all purchases were good. My first purchase many yeas ago was on the advice of a person named Steve, he suggested I buy numismatic coins I lost $50,000.00. The purchase thru Cal ** was good. A few years after that I cashed out my coins and bought silver bullion. I lost another $50,000.00, My mistake If I waited another month silver went up, but it's still not at the price I paid for it. Again my purchase was thru Cal ** and it was good. My last purchase was for palladium, it was against the advise of Cal **. That purchase was good also. That purchase was only $10,000. I hope I make something back.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

Experience with Lear Capital has been excellent. Great customer service. Always keep in touch and return all calls. I would recommend Mr. ** to anyone looking to invest in precious metal portfolio. Thank You.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

After watching an episode of “The Huckabee” program and seeing the ad for Lear Capital talking about owning gold and silver I decided to call and inquire about the possibilities. I was connected with Gerald **. This was several months ago. After an initial discussion about gold and silver I decided I wanted to go this route but not at that time. Gerald understood and encouraged me to continue to research the subject. I did and some months later called Lear Capital back and ask for Gerald. He was on the line and I told him I was ready to get started.

First thing Gerald did was to overnighted me very relevant inFormation explaining his services. From there, when I had time to make calls, I ask Gerald to get the process going. Immediately, Gerald has Eric, Lear’s IRA specialist to call me. They guided me through the paperwork process, helped me with the money transfer from Wells Fargo and Gerald helped me purchase and own gold, silver and platinum in a matter of a couple of hours!! The whole process was professional, pain free and enjoyable. Gerald went the extra mile and I even got a bonus of some silver which I was not at all expecting! I would and plan to do business with Lear Capital and Gerald again soon! Thank you Gerald!!!

Lear Capital Company Information