4.7/5 (1144 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital has been involved in the precious metals industry since 1997, and it's now completed more than $3 billion in transactions. It can help you buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins and physical gold and silver. It also offers a Price Advantage Guarantee for added transparency.

Pros

• In business a relatively long time
  • Transparent pricing
  • Full-service gold dealer

Cons

• Website can be hard to navigate
  • Only one depository option

Bottom Line

Lear Capital lets you invest in precious metals through IRAs, bullion or rare coins. IRAs cost a relatively low flat fee, and your IRA investments are secured by Delaware Depository.

Lear Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Ron is a very knowledgeable man with precious metals. He took the time to explain the cost differences between bar stock, bullion buttons and the more artistic coins. I am very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend Ron to anyone thinking about diversifying into the world of precious metals.

Lear Capital response

Hal, thank you for your kind words about Ron. We are happy to hear of your positive experience learning about metals and of your satisfaction with your purchase. Thank you for choosing to partner with Lear Capital.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

I had a great experience dealing with Lev. My order was processed with great care and expediency. I would not hesitate to deal with Lear again. Lev answered all my questions (as dumb as they may have been) and was very helpful.

Lear Capital response

Thank you for your kind review, Carole! We are happy to hear of your positive experience with Lev and glad you felt comfortable working with us. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

Perfect in one word, I was educated, I placed my order and I was told that it would be approximately one month. I received a phone call from your organization that it was time to ship and I received my shipment, flawless..

Lear Capital response

Joseph, thank you for your kind review! We are glad to hear you had a good experience with us and were provided good communication about your order. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

My purchase of silver from Lear Capital was a professional, courteous, and efficient experience. I felt no pressure and all my questions were addressed promptly and in an easy to understand fashion. Delivery of my silver was a longer period than expected, but given the circumstances we live in today, it was acceptable.

Lear Capital response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Kurt! We are happy to hear you received excellent service from our team, and we appreciate your patience and understanding in delivery delays. Thank you for choosing to partner with Lear Capital.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Our agent is Brad. He is always very helpful, honest and expeditious in the handling of our orders. He helped us make money with our purchase. We will continue doing business with him in the future.

Lear Capital response

Floyd, thank you for sharing your positive experience of Brad! We are happy to hear that he was helpful in your transaction. Thank you for choosing to partner with Lear Capital.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I have had a Great experience with Lear Capital rolling over my IRA into Precious Metals. I was disenfranchised with the stock market and moved my capital into Precious Metals at the perfect time. Only a few months into my transfer and I am already seeing Profits.

Lear Capital response

James, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy the timing of your transfer has worked out so well for you! Thank you for choosing to partner with Lear Capital.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

What I ordered arrived in a timely fashion even though I had to wait extra time because I ordered using a card. The customer service and products more than made up for it. Adam who was my agent was very helpful and cordial and would go the extra mile to make sure I was taken care of. Can't imagine going to anyone else for buying your gold and silver.

Lear Capital response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Aaron! We're happy to hear that Adam was a helpful partner in your investment process. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Reid explained each step in the process and its importance when buying silver. He was very professional with me since I was a first-time buyer. He also explained the information again. Tthe basis for each question that was recorded.

Lear Capital response

Darell, thank you for the gracious words about Reid! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience, and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

This was my first experience in purchasing precious metals. Lear Capital made it so easy. Dana and Owen have been so helpful. They continue to answer any question I have had through the transaction process. I never hesitate to call when I have a question.

Lear Capital response

Mr. George, thank you for your taking the time to share your experience! We are happy to hear that Dana and Owen were helpful partners to your investment and are glad that you've had good communication with our team. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Everyone was very helpful. Order was received in a timely manner. There was a problem with my payment not getting linked to my order. I had to resend the check. Everything worked out ok. I will definitely order from them again.

Lear Capital response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Michael. We are glad everything worked out and appreciate your patience in the process. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

I appreciated working with Dmitri: highly professional, excellent communicator, excellent knowledge on US, Europe. My satisfaction rating is excellent. Dmitri did show a high degree of willingness to introduce me in the world of metals, white and yellow.

Lear Capital response

Adrian, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Dmitri! We're glad you are happy with the knowledge and service you received. We appreciate you choosing to partner with Lear Capital.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Hi Ken. My experience with Lear capital has been excellent. Mr Deritri and Jason. The process was as easy on all three purchases. I think that I will do good. I am not a computer person. Best I can say everything is copacetic. A good co. to deal with.

Lear Capital response

Ken, thank you for your kind words about our team at Lear Capital. We're glad all has worked out well for you, and we are grateful for you continuing to partner with us. All the best to you!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I am new to buying coins. Silver is what works best for me at this time. From beginning to end this has been probably the best experience I could ask for. Very kind, informative, down to earth, happy and attentive person. Made this scary purchase feel good. I believe in this man. Wish there were more than 5 stars! Very happy.

Lear Capital response

Katherine, thank you for your gracious words about Morrey. We are happy to hear that you were served well in your investment, and we are grateful for your positive feedback. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

The experience received from Brad and Jerry at Lear Capital was top notch! It was my first experience with purchasing precious metals and their expertise guided me into the proper allocations that satisfied my needs. Great experience- Thanks again.

Lear Capital response

Bert, thank you for taking the time to share about Brad and Jerry! We're glad they were able to provide you with the information you desired and help accomplish your investment decision. Thank you for choosing to partner with Lear Capital.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

It is my extreme pleasure and honor to send in a description of my dealings with Mr. **. I have in my life experiences and work experiences dealt with tons and tons of different personalities, I put Mr. ** at the top of every category. I because of Dmitri will be back and will tell everyone I know to do business with Lear because of Dmitri. Thank you. Dan **

Lear Capital response

Dan, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Dmitri! We're grateful you chose Lear Capital and trusted us with your investment.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

This is my first venture into metals, the information, knowledge and comfortable rapport of this process has been almost as thrilling as holding my coins. To have and to hold has taken on a whole new meaning. I look forward to a continuous relationship with Lear and my agent who has made such a meaningful delight of the process.

Lear Capital response

Edna, we're so happy you've had a great experience with Lear Capital! We're glad you appreciate having physical investments as much as we do. Thank you for allowing us to partner with you!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Metals I’m really glad I took the step to move forward with my purchase. Lear Capital Took me through all the steps and made me feel really comfortable. I recommend this for people to have 401 and for the self-confidence. I’m really happy and I will recommend Lear Capital to my other coworker. Thank you.

Lear Capital response

Thank you for your kind words, Michael! We're grateful for the opportunity to work with you and really appreciate your referral to friends! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions or concerns: CustomerCare@learcapital.com or 1-800-885-LEAR(5327)

Original review: July 19, 2022

Brade ** was so helpful and polite each time I talked to him. I also was pleased with the information he gave me. I knew nothing about selling precious metals. I was very pleased with the timing with things were handled. I would recommend Brad to my friends.

Lear Capital response

Carol, thank you for your kind words about Brad. We're grateful you had a great experience with us, as we hope for all of our clients!

Original review: July 9, 2022

We contacted lear with many questions, and not a clue on buying silver or gold. Questions were answered, and I felt totally at ease. Daniel was helpful pleasant patient and informative. We did with his guidance move an existing Ira into a silver/Ira with Lear. All a positive experience especially with the process of transferring. All of it and each step ..was an easy positive process.

Original review: July 8, 2022

Daniel had been a great asset. He help me through the difficult process of getting silver. Which I received today everything is great. I plan to work with him in the future. I am watching the stock market. And may plan to convert my IRA to a silver or gold IRA. If you have any questions feel free to call me.

Original review: July 6, 2022

Daniel was excellent to work with on my gold and silver purchase. He was very informative and professional. Everyone that I talked with to complete my transaction were helpful, friendly and knowledgeable.

Lear Capital response

Thank you for your kind feedback, Erin. We're grateful for the chance to partner with you!

Original review: July 6, 2022

I worked with Daniel ** to obtain advice and fulfill my order. He was professional, accurate, and went the extra step to ensure I understood the process. My order was delivered exactly when I requested and was exactly what I requested.

Lear Capital response

Steve, thank you for your review of Daniel. We're glad all went well for you!

Original review: July 5, 2022

Daniel has been very professional and helpful. This is my first experience with Lear Capital, I'm very impressed. My first contact was a bit messy because I wanted to involve my son, who is in another state but it has been handled quite well.

Lear Capital response

Thank you for your kind words, John. We're glad you've had a great experience with Daniel!

Original review: May 27, 2022

The counsel I received from Brad K was excellent! He was professional, up-to-date, and personable. I did my initial purchase from Brad many years ago and it was good to catch up w him in a recent conversation. Being the same age, early 60s, I found his advice and guidance to be extremely helpful and timely.

Original review: May 21, 2022

I have been very pleased with Lear and Morrey **. I was never pressured or pushed in any way. Morrey sent a packet of materials, emails and was always available to answer any questions that I had. Morrey is very knowledgeable of precious metals, stock market and current events. We had several very good discussions which resulted in my purchase. I plan to send others your way and to return myself. Thank you Lear and thank you Morrey!

Original review: April 15, 2022

Morrey ** is my contact from Lear Capital. His engaging voice and clear communication made the transaction very easy and fluid. Morrey is very cordial and helpful. His knowledge of the subject matter is complete and clearly communicated. He always takes his time, and never hurried in his conversation.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I appreciate the knowledge and care Mr. Morrey ** has taken with me as a client of Lear Capital. His warm personality, and the time he takes to address any concerns, assure me that I am in capable hands.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

If I could give 10 stars for Dmitri ** I would. The customer service I have received from him is THE BEST of anyone I have ever worked with in any company. Customer service in these days of less human contact is a total frustration. Dmitri ** is a joy to work with. You are lucky to have him as the voice of Lear Capital.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Morrey was very patient and knowledgeable about the products and helped us to decide on the right product for us as first time buyers. He was very professional and we would highly recommend him to friends and relatives.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

These two did an awesome job taking care of me. We had a bad experience trying to funnel my IRA to LC but Brook stayed on it and got the job done, (Not an easy task for her) Dmitri took his time with me and helped me with all the ins and outs. You certainly have two great employees on your team!!

Lear Capital Company Information