2. Gold IRA Companies
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.67/5
Based on 1,000 ratings submitted in the last year

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $3 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

View More View More

Lear Capital Reviews

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

As a retired law enforcement officer I always depend on the reviews when buying anything online. With living on the East Coast and dealing with a company that is 3 hours away I wanted to be sure I was not involved in a scam. After several phone calls and checking the reviews I felt secure that I was dealing with Lear Capital, and my account Raad, With talking with Raad he walked me through the pro and cons of investing in and I did purchase silver.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Bullion Purchase. I am dis w/ Lear Capital, found a place in Medford that’s .50 over spot, buy back for .20 under, ripped for $1.00 over spot, will not trade with Lear, also had to pay shipment, totally bad experience.

Lear Capital response

Oscar, thank you for your review. Lear Capital does sell coins and bars for a profit. It seems you found a local coin dealer willing to sell you coins for 2% lower than we charged. Historically, that coin dealer will also pay you much less than we charge and hopefully that dealer has the quantity in stock you ordered from us. And being that we are in California and you are in Oregon, we have to pay for shipping and we did ask you to pay for a portion of it. If we could have offered free shipping and that would make you happy, let me know and we can refund the shipping cost to you at our expense and your gain. We will happily refund your money, which by the way will cause you to lose money as your coins as of this writing have appreciated beyond what you paid for them if you choose. Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I ordered online, but it was easy. I did think that I was going to get a couple of coins extra for the $2,000+ order, but guess I read it incorrectly. Maybe it was for the actual coins rather than the rounds I ended up ordering. But, as usual, service was very good.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Immediately my investment was down $60,000. Honestly if you are going to buy precious metals do not buy from Lear. Gold and silver will have to spike pretty darn high for me to break even. It’s my own fault. I’m too old to have lost this much. Whatever coins Lear is selling obviously they are making the money not the customers!!! Fees are bad. Shop elsewhere. Do not put yourself in this position. I worked hard for that money and almost instantly thousands were gone!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Very helpful from day one till after I received my silver. And they have been following up with me and or sending emails to me. I’m glad that they are willing to call me and make sure that I’m happy with everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Lev and the IRA Department were very professional and helpful in setting up this account. They answered all questions and did not pressure me with sales. I would recommend this company to others interested in precious metals purchases.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

This is my first venture into acquiring gold and I wanted to see how it would all work. I was impressed with the way it was handled, by phone, mail and email. Mostly I appreciated the personalized sign for it delivery by Fed Ex. Very important in this era of porch thefts.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I have had nothing but great great experiences with Lear capital, their staff are real helpful, and have never stirred me wrong. I hope that our personal relationship last a long time. Thanks for the great service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Entire process was great! Was a bit apprehensive at first but representative took the time to explain everything and I felt totally comfortable with the purchase. Highly recommend Lear Capital for this investment!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I purchased metals from Josh **. As the transaction went on, I became concerned about a possible fraud due to the number of frauds with seniors in general. He was very supportive and went above and beyond to document he was with a reputable company. The transaction went smoothly and I appreciate him for taking my concerns seriously.

Lear Capital Company Information