It's that easy Request Information
4.72/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $2 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

969 Lear Capital Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 5 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

First Precious Metal Purchase - I trust What Terry told me at Lear Capital, because I have studied what's going in my own time. Things are changing in America and I feel I made the right purchase and Lear as my agent. When it comes time to sell back I know they will be there and treat me as a continued customer.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I have no knowledge of coins. Raad explained in great details how to invest, strategies etc. I felt no pressure. He was patient with me. He made me feel confident. He continued to follow up. I received my shipment. My husband seemed pleased. I would recommend anyone to visit and think about investing.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

The sales person was 200% on his game. I have never purchased gold or silver before and knew very little. He was smooth and every time I questioned him, he had a quick answer that made me feel like if I didn't purchase as many coins has I could (20% of my savings), I would lose my money when the stock market crashes. He was extremely persistent and I am sure he did everything that he was trained to do. I originally contacted Lear because I wanted to buy silver bullion bars. He gave me multiple reasons why buying silver bars was a bad idea and I should buy numismatic coins. I told him I wanted to think about it and he told me that the coins were an exceptional deal and they would be gone by the end of the day.

After I signed the contract and before I sent my check the next morning, I called back and told the was willing to pay the penalty and wanted to cancel the order. He told me in a stern manner, that they had already placed the order and too late to cancel it. This, even though I had called back less than 24 hours. Yup, I went for it, line and sinker. One would think that at 69 years of age I would know better. They saw me coming and I was a fool. Nothing I can do now except wait for silver to go up enough for me to break even. Considering the steep premium, it will take years and I you should give that man a bonus! Meanwhile, even if I had other savings to invest in metals, I would not buy from Lear again. You function like slick car salesmen. Nothing more.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Was very pleased with the overall experience. One thing that I did not like was that the representative did not mention the annual fees associated with the silver IRA. I was OK with the fees, just were not mentioned beforehand.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Kelly really went above and beyond! She kept me up to date every step of the process. Kelly made sure all of my questions were answered. The was my first purchase of precious metals. By the end of the first call with Kelly I felt like a pro! Kelly informed me of what to expect in the buying process and what my options are for my metal in the future. Please tell Kelly thanks much from the ** family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Worst experience I have ever had with a financial institute. After several e-mail requests, I'm still waiting for answers to my questions. Makes my opinion of Lear Capital very suspect. Next move will probably be legal action. I highly discourage anyone from dealing with Lear Capital.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I never ordered coins over the internet before. I saw a recommendation for Lear that spoke very highly of them. I gave them a try and was not disappointed. The order was processed promptly and the merchandise arrived early. I was very pleased.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I am very pleased with the customer service I've been provided. Jody ** and Hemy have been excellent and very professional, giving me and explaining all the information I needed to make my decision. They have also been polite, patient and very friendly. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Just have to say that my initial investment experience with Lear Capital has been excellent. Moreover, my informative discussions with Kelly ** has been much appreciated. I would highly recommend. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I called regarding a modest investment in silver. Alex sent me an information packet, and when I called back, my order was done in minutes. The coins arrived as expected, and I am satisfied with my purchase.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Excellent job in assisting in moving my IRS from a "Big Name" investment firm. Took about a week to get all of the sales completed and ready for transfer. Great in explaining program, benefits, risks, etc., and all of the legal stuff. Enjoyed dealing with the Lear team.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I was very happy with all of the Lear Capital people. They treated me as if I was but 100k worth of precious metals even though I was far from it. One of the best experiences I have had dealing with people not meeting face to face. I would recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I ordered 116 1 oz coins and 74 1.5 oz coins. I got five tubes of 20 1 oz coins, one tube of 16 1 oz coins 4 tubes of 15 1.5 coins AND 14 plastic bags of one 1.5 oz coin each instead of one tube of 14 1.5 coins??? Because of this, I had to call back and asked for a tube.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Was first introduced to Lear Capital through a TBN TV program, Huckabee. Contacted the company in California and the account manager was helpful, accommodating and made the transaction simple and easy to understand. The only regret I have is that my wife and I don't have additional finances to purchase additional coins for our portfolio.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Last year I had 83,000,00 I wanted to invest in something that I could count on for my granddaughter's college education. So when I seen Lear Capital on Fox News, I thought they were advertising on the best news station so that gave me some comfort. I was dealing with Derek **, then Dereck ** last year. Now it is Dereck ** account executor. When I got my invoice from the Delaware depositor I only had about 47,000, I was outraged and told them so of course after he calmed me down he said he was Jeremy **. He was understanding about me having only 3 months to live because of cancer and my granddaughter will have no one. So could he please give my 80.000.00 dollars back so I could put in in fast money investments, and I ask him to please do what was right, but he said I could only get 47,000,00. 1/2 gone and I will never get it back.

I only wanted to take care of my granddaughter's education when I am gone. I think there is only one man running this office. Both Derecks sound the same and when he knew how mad I was he called as Jeremy **, but when we finish our conversation he said his last name was **. It is a scam and I and the 1000 other people will fight this, I might not get to fight long, but I am starting the battle with these people. I called my congressman from Ala, Robert Aderholt and he is going to look into this matter. I have written President Trump a letter and have got in touch with Fox News telling them I trusted Lear because they were advertising on their channel and they need to stop, because they do care about the people and companies like Lear have no moral rights to be using their station.

I have hired a finance advisor and he is so sick of the way they have not only misinformed me of their fees and can't believed they have not been sued

before, he too is doing research for me. All this is a scam. They will take your last penny on your deathbed, have mercy on their soul, you only have to do the right thing, you told me to pray, well I do, I think you are the one who needs to stay on his knees and ask forgiveness for me and all the other people who have been ripped off. Elderly and middle age people that have lost as must as 1/3 of their investments. You will be hearing from someone and I hope it is Washington, because I am exposing the company of all the wrongs.

Oh by the way a copy of this is going to my congressman and President Trump and Fox News, all people have to do is look at the 993 bad complaints on the internet. I guess all your good comments came from all the people you made rich or were already rich. Let me have my 80,000.00 back. You can keep the 3000.00 dollars for your precious commission. May God bless all the people that have lost so much money.

Updated on 10/02/2018: Jeremy was suppose to be working on a solution about them losing 40,000.00 of my 83000.00 and where is it. Now I cannot twitter them nor email them due to a delivery error. They have had two weeks. I want what I was promised if not I want to liquidate what I have left, but they keep stalling. I spent 83,000.00 on this rip off and have lost one half in 10 months. I need to liquidate ASAP so I won't lost the rest. It is my money where is it? I want to know and also that was all the money I have for my granddaughter's college. They sure didn't take this long to get my money now they don't care.

I am going to sue for the other 40,000.00 because I was talked into this while I was on cancer and mental meds. I can proof this from my two doctors, I was not myself and doing making compulsive decisions due to cancer and bipolar meds. They were so convincing. If I invest in something else I can get my money any time I want to, what is the difference. This has made me physically and mentally sick. I want my money so I can start making some money instead of losing for her education which is NEXT YEAR.

Please help me. I feel I have been robbed and can't get any answers so I can move on with my financial advisor. My attorney is really to sue for much more because of the stress that has made me sick. I am still being treated for Stage 4 Colon Cancer and still on Bipolar meds. If they have been honest people, when I told them I didn't know how long I will live, in all due respect they should have told me, "Since this is long term you might want to choose another choice," it that not what all honest people would said. I am giving them two weeks my liquidation and suit will start. Thanks, let people know of their scamming out of sick and elderly people.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I worked Derek ** on my purchase and he was very helpful in explaining how investing in silver works. This is the first time I have ever purchased metals as an investment and it went very smoothly. Derek kept in touch throughout the process and my metal arrived when expected. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Joe ** contacted me by home phone, cell phone and email to let me know my investments were going down rapidly. He made a recommendation to switch out of gold and silver to platinum so I thought about it and agreed to do it. So far, good call! Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

My first experience to invest in metals. Gary was very helpful in his suggestions and warnings. Lear kept me informed during shipping. Now my expectations are to grow my investment in the next few years.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

After reading some articles, I decided to start buying silver coins for my son twice a year. I can only make small purchases at a time, but the service I have received has been for that of a large investor. I appreciate professionalism and courtesy and have received the best from Lear. I will continue to make my purchases from Lear.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I had a pleasant experience with Mr. Aaron **, my purchasing agent. We conversed frequently about my investment concerns. I believe his guidance and direction helped me make the right purchase. Thanks, Michael.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Purchase of 2017 Grizzly Bear Silver Coins. I worked with Matt first, then Brian and then Eric. They were all very helpful and did a fabulous job for both my husband Dan and me. We are very happy with our purchases. I have referred your silver product to 2 friends.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

In October 2009 I purchase $21000 in gold coins through Account Rep Robert **, I wanted gold as a hedge, I could not see coins as the way to go, however, Robert Assured me this was the best investment strategy for the future. Well here I am 9 years later and need to sell my gold coins... I am devastated, the highest offer from gold coin buyers was $3100 for exactly half of my great investment. My 401K has gone up an average 7.25% in this same period, a decline of 78%. Don't ask how I feel about losing this much value on gold I was SOLD on being the best investment. Do your homework. I am 75 years old and broken that I have reduced mine and my spouse invest in one sector... I will not stop telling others of this complete ruse.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Working with Lear Capital made purchasing our silver coins very easy. They made sure we were fully aware of the risks and type of silver to purchase. They kept in touch throughout the entire process. Very satisfied customer.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

The value of my investment went down almost 35-40% the day after it was invested. (His commission? Really? Not even realistic.) I made a couple of calls to my adviser right after but never heard back from him. Guess he got my money and then moved on to another sucker.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I have been purchasing precious metals from Lear Capital from Calvin ** for a few years. Calvin has provided great service. My last experience however was the opposite of this service. I transferred $53,924.00 from an existing IRA to add to my precious metals IRA that I have been doing with Lear and Strata Trust. I got a call from Alex ** in Calvin’s absence saying that my transferred funds had arrived. Our conversation was around my wanting 47 – 1 ounce American Eagles. Alex said he can do “denominations” of ¼ ounce for the same deal with no premium and that I would buy at spot price of $1150.00. What we agreed to, (which was 47 ounces of Gold whether in 1 ounce or ¼ ounce coins) was not what was conveyed in the fast talking “confirmation” that got recorded. Rather I got charged $1928.57 per ounce and received only 28 ounces.

I would like this fixed ASAP please. I am a ongoing client that would like the client experience that is stated on the Lear Capital website: "At Lear Capital your satisfaction is our top priority. Your account representative is your primary contact; however, if you have any questions or concerns which you believe may require someone other than your representative, please call our dedicated Customer Care line at 1-800-885-LEAR(5327), or email us at **."

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Very excellent information on quotes and excellent follow through on orders. Good information on helping in buying metals like silver and gold. Excellent information on bullion and proof metals. My rep Gary ** continued to help me make the right choices.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I have been working with Dean ** for some time. He has been very helpful in making my first purchase of precious metals for my IRA. I am really pleased with the results and with the assistance Dean provided.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I am very pleased with the attentiveness and professional conduct of all Lear representatives I have dealt with recently. Questions and concerns have been addressed to my satisfaction and I would recommend the firm to family and friends.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Jody is a great asset to Lear Capital. She was very professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to talk with her, and work with her in setting up my account. I look forward to a long history of business with Lear and Jody. I have and will recommend Lear to others.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

My experience with the ordering and receiving process of our shipments of gold and silver was extraordinary! First of all Kelly ** was extremely patient with me as this was the first time I had purchased gold and silver. Kelly worked with me for several months before I felt comfortable with the process! When we finally decided to order, she was very helpful with describing the market and fluctuations. She carefully described how to safeguard and store the purchase. My only surprise was the weight and bulk of the shipment. I would give Kelly a superior rating on her service.

Lear Capital Company Information