Call toll free
4.68/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Since 1997, Lear Capital has been one of America’s leaders in precious metals investing with $3 billion in trusted transactions. Our mission is to ensure investors maintain a diversified strategy as we provide the tools needed to buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins, and physical gold and silver - all backed by an “Investor-Friendly Service Guarantee”.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Lear Capital Reviews

View 4 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

In April of 2019 I placed 50k of an Ira to be placed in gold and silver with Lear Capital. Well they aggressively recommended silver coins and some gold since silver was looking so favorable, So like a fool I allowed them to do so. Well the day after the trades my portfolio of 50k invested was now worth 32k. They placed my account in silver collectible coins at $26 each with their silver market at 14.90. They also invested half in gold bars which went in at market price. When I questioned why they screwed me the reply was, "Just hang on. You’re going to be pleased in the future." The future never happened and then out of the blue I received a call from Lear stating that platinum was at a historic low and they could make the losses in my account look quite favorable by moving the $41k to platinum, and yes you guessed it I did.

Once the moved to platinum my portfolio became $26k, so I called and was told just to hang on and I Would be very happy. As I told the market would have to double for me to realize any relief, Yet they continue to say hang in there. Since I am retired and will be relying on this investment in the short term 1-2 years, I feel these Predators have taken advantage of me for their own financial gain.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

Nice communication - acknowledgement of order, shipping notice. Response time seemed a bit long from acknowledgement of payment to notice of shipping. I see that you offer faster shipping when paying with credit card, so I'll try that next time.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Dmitri, was professional and extremely knowledgeable about the products. I appreciated his follow up and his determination to make sure I was satisfied with my order. I plan to utilize Lear Capital in future purchases.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I really enjoy the coins! I also like working with Debbie **! The only complaint that I have is the turnaround period in receiving the coins. I understand the time period, I just do not agree! I send Bank checks which are Insured and protected.

Ruben

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Both Daniel and joshua ** were very helpful in making me better informed about the benefits, risks and potential for gain investing in precious metals versus other types of investment vehicles. After careful consideration, I decided to go ahead with an initial investment and am positive about the future potential for increase in value over time. I also consider it a valuable addition to my estate for my family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Called ** several time concerning Lear not following up on promise to pay fees for transferring silver to gold. Two $40 charges for changes with Strata. I paid to avoid $50 late fee on each account. Very disappointed with Mr ** and service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

Excellent service from Morrey **. He does it all for me and my wife Wanda who also has an account with Lear. He deserves a raise or an all expense paid vacation to Hawaii for he and his wife. Jay L. ** A proud Vietnam Veteran (68-69) NON SIBI SED PATRIAE

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

My name is Barbara ** and my husband’s name is Ronald **. I am very dissatisfied with Lear Capital concerning my husband's recent purchase of silver coins. My husband paid $20,000 for 520 coins that are only worth approximately the spot price of $13,400. The salesman told my husband that there is a semi-numismatic value of over $6,000. That was a lie. The semi-numismatic value is zero. My husband believed he could cancel the order within seven days if he was dissatisfied. He found out he had that option only if he paid with a credit card. The salesman made sure my husband paid with a check so he would not have that option. I filed a complaint to the Office of the Texas Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division. I will also file a complaint to the Attorney General of the City of Santa Monica, CA. I will plead that my 76 years old husband is a victim of elder abuse. He is naive, trusting, and forgetful.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

The Lear Capital representative demonstrated courteous service and thorough explanation of product. There is a variety of products to choose from. I was happy that they shipped to the Delaware Depository.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Todd at Lear Capital has been great in helping me with my purchase of gold and silver purchases. I would recommend this company to my friends and family. Very easy to do business with. I will always do business with this company.

Lear Capital Company Information