4.9(1,374)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital has been involved in the precious metals industry since 1997, and it's now completed more than $3 billion in transactions. It can help you buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins and physical gold and silver. It also offers a Price Advantage Guarantee for added transparency.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • In business a relatively long time
  • Transparent pricing
  • Full-service gold dealer
  • 24-hour risk-free purchase guarantee
Cons
  • Website can be hard to navigate
  • Only one depository option

Stars Rating

• 97%
  • 2%
  • 0%
  • 0%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Nick was very helpful, informative and kind. He made sure I understood the process. Nick kept in contact and made me feel comfortable. I will make another purchase in the future because of the ease and security. I have nothing else to say about my experience. This is the end.

Pinned

Linda, thank you for your kind words about Nick! We are happy that you had such personable and professional communication from our team, and we appreciate you taking the time to share all the way to the end of the required word count! Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 22, 2024

This is an excellent company. Ron was a very prompt and patient guide (which I needed), available and helpful throughout the process. We had many conversations and I really appreciated the care taken to ensure that I was always and immediately connected to the same representative when I needed more information. He remains dutifully committed to providing great service, which is why I would absolutely recommend this company to friends and family.

Pinned

Brian, thank you for your gracious comments about Ron! We are glad to hear you had patient, professional and responsive assistance in your investment process, and we are grateful for your kind recommendation. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 20, 2024

Whenever I would call, my Account Manager would answer using my name. This inspires me to accept the confidence of knowing I am trusting the correct company and most of all the representative on the line. Raad was always professional and I would recommend Lear Capital to anyone else. Raad always answered my questions and my concerns.

Pinned

Victor, thank you for taking the time to share your encouraging feedback about Raad! We are pleased he provided personable and professional assistance in your investment process, and we appreciate your kind recommendation. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Customer ServicePriceTransparency

Reviewed May 17, 2024

Had a Great Positive experience..it was Professional From the explanation of the sale process, the distribution process and to the actual sale Itself.. Brad was in both email and phone contact, on a timely basis through the entire process. It would have been nice if I would have been told that the price was going up the next day!! (Just a small joke). Thanks. Randy **

Pinned

Randy, thank you for your gracious comments about Brad! We are pleased he offered responsive and helpful service in your sale and distribution, and we appreciate you taking the time to share. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 15, 2024

My call was a very good experience. The education was helpful. I have never purchased precious metals before. I feel like I learned a lot in a very short time. I would likely recommend others to purchase through Lear Capital. Thank you for your friendly, knowledgeable assistance and that's all I have to say about the experience.

Pinned

Michael, thank you for your kind recommendation of our business! We are pleased to hear that your purchasing experience went well and that you received helpful information in your process. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 15, 2024

Lear Capital made the purchase of precious metals over the phone a simple transaction that was safe and prompt. My agent Lev was very patient with my concerns and answered all questions I had. A quote was provided to firm up the numbers of the transaction so there is no ambiguity. I will do business with Lear Capital again soon and recommend them to others.

Pinned

Thank you for your encouraging words about Lev! We are happy to hear that you received informative and clear communication in your investment process, and we appreciate your kind recommendation. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 15, 2024

I have had a very pleasant experience with Lear Capital. They were very quick and accurate with information that was needed to complete my distribution of my IRA. I would recommend to anyone that is looking for a gold supplier that Lear Capital is more than capable to fill your needs for precious metals.. I would definitely would use them again. Thanks.

Pinned

Jeffrey, thank you for your encouraging words about our business! We are happy that you received responsive communication and capable assistance in your investment experience, and we appreciate your kind recommendation. Thank you for choosing to partner with Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 15, 2024

I can’t say how much I appreciate your patience with me in ordering gold. I had no clue how to begin the process and you guys knocked it out of the park. I ordered Gold in March and now in May. Raad ** thank you for helping me. I will definitely send my friends to you. Thanks for everything.

Pinned

Stephanie, thank you for your kind words about our business! We are thrilled to hear that Raad has been so helpful and patient in your transactions, and we appreciate your gracious referrals. Thank you for choosing to partner with Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 14, 2024

As in previous purchases, Bradford ** provided excellent service. All questions were answered completely and I was made quite comfortable and confident in all phases of the transaction. I will be very comfortable conducting future business with Lear Capital. I would recommend Lear Capital as a good organization to conduct business with to anyone interested in purchasing precious metals.

Pinned

Edward, thank you for your encouraging comments about Bradford! We are pleased he has continued to provide excellent service and helpful information in your transactions. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 14, 2024

Dimitri helped me from first contact all the way through acquisition. He was great in walking me through the registration and final transfer of metals purchased. He displayed an enormous knowledge of metals and the acquisition thereof. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to enter into the metals market.

Pinned

Jim, thank you for your encouraging feedback about Dmitri! We are happy to hear that you received helpful assistance and knowledgeable information in your investment process, and we appreciate you taking the time to share. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 13, 2024

My entire experience was excellent, I would not change anything. I appreciated the professionalism displayed to me in relation to my procurement of silver eagles. In the future, should I require the purchase of more coins, I will contact Lear Capital.

Pinned

John, thank you for your sharing your positive experience with us! We are pleased that Dana was able to provide competent and professional service in acquiring your silver. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 11, 2024

Thank you Brad ** for the excellent service provided today! Your experience and care in dealing with my questions was outstanding and your forthright manner was appreciated! True customer service is hard to find in the market today and that is exactly what Brad provided! Will recommend Lear Capital and Brad to others! Cheers! Jeff K.

Pinned

Jeff, thank you for your gracious words about Brad! We are pleased that you received excellent care and knowledgeable assistance in your transaction, and we appreciate your kind recommendation. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 3, 2024

When I contacted Lear about investing I knew virtually nothing about investing in precious metals. They were great in answering my questions, (and correcting some of my pre-conceived notions), without making me feel like an idiot. Since I had not invested in this type of market before, they were eager to answer any questions that I had. The transaction went very smoothly. The silver and gold that I had ordered came in the time frame that was guaranteed me, and they are now resting comfortably in my safe!!

Pinned

Clarence, thank you for your encouraging words about our business! We are pleased that you were given helpful information and accurate expectations for your transaction, and we appreciate you taking the time to share. We hope you enjoy your metals! Thank you for choosing to partner with Lear Capital.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 1, 2024

My rep Brad was very professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and offered a very competitive price for my precious metals. He returned my calls as well. I would use their company again. They were very helpful when I bought from them and just as available when I sold back to them. They are a reliable partner for this class of asset.

Pinned

Tim, thank you for your gracious comments about Brad! We are pleased you received professional and personable assistance from our team, and we appreciate you sharing about your positive experience buying and selling with us. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 26, 2024

I bought $25,000 worth of silver many years ago. Two years ago I was having financial problems. I sold it back to Kevin **. He claimed it was stolen inside the building. He said for $100 he’ll deliver it back to my house while I paid $2000 and he kept scamming me. I never got my silver, never delivered. I lost approximately $80,000. I would never do business with Lear Capital again, it’s in the computer and all the paperwork is available

Mr. Forcucci,

We are disappointed to see you blaming us publicly for things that never happened, and we are confused where you are coming up with the details of this story. We verified with Kevin that he never spoke with you.

We received cement bricks from you on 9/12/2022 instead of coins. We ultimately had to pay more than $100 for the shipping, because your box didn't have the agreed upon coins. If you were truly unaware the boxes did not have your silver, possibly you were taken advantage of elsewhere? We are very sorry if that happened to you.

Our customer care team has left you two voice messages last week seeking to follow up with the comments in your review. We are happy to do whatever we can to assist you.

Reviewed April 25, 2024

I recently decided to add gold to my portfolio so I purchased some gold bars from Joanne at Lear Capital. I found the experience to be a simple, expedient transaction. Joanne and Lear delivered everything that was promised. I will have no hesitation in the future in dealing with them again.

Pinned

Brad, thank you for your kind words about Joanne! We are glad to hear you had a quick and smooth transaction with our team, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience! Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

Today, Brad **, Senior Account Executive, helped me trade some of the precious metals in my SDIRA. Brad was pleasant, easy to understand and thorough, and made my transaction simple. Brad explained the process and associated costs clearly. I really appr Brad’s knowledge and patience and humor! Thank you so much!

Pinned

Susanna, thank you for your encouraging feedback about Brad! We are pleased you received clear, professional and helpful assistance in your transaction, and we appreciate you taking the time to share. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed April 18, 2024

Demitri was great as always!! Always professional and answered all my questions. Called me several times with updates. He made sure I understood how to send the gold and when I would get my check. I'll be calling him again soon. He explains everything and makes sure I understand. Thank you very much! Jeff **

Pinned

Jeff, thank you for taking the time to share about your experience selling to Lear with Dmitri! We are pleased you had a clear and professional process. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed April 3, 2024

I recently rolled over an old 401k account and was surprised at how easy the process went from start to finish. I worked directly with Nick who was very helpful and would get back with me quickly whenever I had any questions regarding my account. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff and I would definitely recommend working with Lear Capital again.

Pinned

Maurice, thank you for your kind words about Nick and our business! We are pleased you received helpful assistance and informative communication in your investment process, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Transparency

Reviewed April 3, 2024

Don't know much about the precious metal market, Lear Capital made it very easy for me to move my IRA over to silver. The 2 gentlemen (sorry I forget their names) walked me through the process. Anytime I had questions they had the answers and helped me through any issues I had. Would recommend Lear Capital to anyone looking to move money into precious metals.

Pinned

Jason, thank you for sharing your kind recommendation of our business! We are happy to hear that Charles and William were helpful, informative and responsive in your investment process. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed March 29, 2024

I have been quite happy with the service received from Lear Capital. I am very much aware that there are other companies that compete for business of this nature but choose to work with Lear Capital on this aspect of my overall retirement strategy. In particular the service I enjoy with Brad ** has been excellent.

Pinned

Thomas, thank you for your encouraging words about Brad! We are happy to hear that our team provided excellent service and helpful assistance in your investment process, and we appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital!

Reviewed March 27, 2024

Had a wonderful buying experience with Ron **. This guy took his time, laid everything out for me and recommended the best for what I was looking for. I'm always getting updates and newsletters with the latest and greatest. If you have the questions Ron will have the answers. Very respectful and straightforward. Will be calling again Mr. ** again for sure.

Pinned

Mykola, thank you for your encouraging comments about Ron! We are pleased you received respectful service and helpful information in your investment process, and we appreciate you taking the time to share. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed March 26, 2024

Our experience with Dmitri at Lear Capital and FedEx has been wonderful! Everything explained to us in detail. We have received 6 packages so far. We have been updated on when packages will arrive or if delayed. Great company to work with. Highly recommend Dmitri and Lear Capital to all. Thank you ever so much.

Pinned

James, thank you for your kind words about Dmitri and our business! We are happy to hear you received helpful communication and dependable service. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Customer Service

Reviewed March 25, 2024

How often do you get a quality customer service call from any type of brokerage firm? For me it's far and few between. Typically once they get paid it's thank you very much and good day. But not Lear. Their commitment to Service is unparalleled! I will always recommend Lear.

Pinned

Dave, thank you for these kind words about our company! We are happy that you've had great experiences with our team, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your recommendation. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Customer ServiceTransparency

Reviewed March 25, 2024

Dimitri K. explained all details clearly for this process of metals purchase. Pleasure to do business with and appreciate the informative literature and updates via email. I received a lot of information about securing precious metals as a hedge against the devaluation of currencies in these uncertain times we live in. I will share what I've learned with others so they to can be economically safer.

Pinned

Steven, thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with Dmitri! We are happy to hear that you received valuable information and attentive service for your investment decisions. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed March 23, 2024

I have dealt with Ron ** twice now and can’t commend him more on his knowledge and professionalism! He is Truly the Real Deal and highly recommend Lear Capital. If you’re looking to invest I would highly recommend asking for Ron **. I was not a seasoned veteran in this space, but was able to walk me through the process and leave me with a very comfortable understanding of what I was comfortable in investing in. Highly recommend.

Pinned

Brian, thank you for your gracious words about Ron! We are pleased you received knowledgeable and professional assistance in your investments, and we appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed March 8, 2024

I talk to Brad on Friday evening at 5:00 and was more than helpful and willing to get this done before close of business. I thank you Brad for your expertise and willingness to help me out on this late calling on a Friday. Very professional attitude. I decide to buy metals again I will be going back to Lear Capital.

Pinned

Terry, thank you for sharing your positive experience with Brad! We are glad you were able to get your transaction completed quickly and professionally. Thank you for choosing to partner with Lear Capital.

Reviewed March 7, 2024

The representative was nice and provided an immediate response as to the value of the coins. He did not question why I wanted to sell the coins, and he did not provide any reluctance to execute the buy-back. He gave the price that Lear Capital would pay for each coin and the total price of all the coins. He also described the shipping process and the cost of shipping. I was comfortable with the professional interaction.

Pinned

Sanford, thank you for your kind words about your sell back experience! We are happy to hear you received professional and respectful assistance in your transaction, and we appreciate you taking the time to share. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed March 5, 2024

I called to initiate a distribution and had questions regarding same. Brad helped me out and was very knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. He explained everything that I needed to do and gave accurate timelines for when things would process. He also alleviated my fears and concerns that I had been snookered and that I was not able to access my funds. I have received emails from my trust company and from Lear with confirmations and explanations as to next steps

Pinned

Colleen, thank you for your encouraging comments about Brad and our business! We are happy to hear you received knowledgeable information and helpful assistance in your distribution, and we appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Reviewed March 4, 2024

Always professional and courteous service.... From the people at Lear Capital.... I've had the pleasure of dealing with any number of personnel from Lear and the experience is always the same...kind and helpful with everything.... I most definitely would recommend Lear to a friend.... Furthermore there is never a problem reaching someone with any and all information that I need...

Pinned

Philip, thank you for your kind words about our customer service! We are happy to hear that our team has been professional, personable and helpful in your interactions, and we are glad your RMD has worked out well. Thank you for choosing Lear Capital.

Lear Capital Company Information