4.7/5 (1143 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital has been involved in the precious metals industry since 1997, and it's now completed more than $3 billion in transactions. It can help you buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins and physical gold and silver. It also offers a Price Advantage Guarantee for added transparency.

Pros

• In business a relatively long time
  • Transparent pricing
  • Full-service gold dealer

Cons

• Website can be hard to navigate
  • Only one depository option

Bottom Line

Lear Capital lets you invest in precious metals through IRAs, bullion or rare coins. IRAs cost a relatively low flat fee, and your IRA investments are secured by Delaware Depository.

Lear Capital Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I am having a life threatening illness and needed to cash out my silver for my health expenses. Dmitri ** has always been helpful in the years I have had this account but with this sudden need for me to liquidate my investments, he went above and beyond to help me accomplish my request. I will always be grateful for his prompt service and kindness. I will gladly recommend anyone to invest with Dmitri ** with Lear Capital.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I am very pleased the way Dmitri Koonce handled my situation. He was very polite and explained everything that I could understand. Getting my parcel ready and picked up at home was a breeze. Again, thanks Dmitri. Loraine **

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I had an overall great experience with Lear Capital on my recent order. I had been notified that delivery of the product would be delayed because of shortage of personnel able to fill orders due to Covid -19 pandemic. I was notified on progress at all points of my order. I was thoroughly educated by the knowledgeable staff as this was my first ever order of precious metals. Special thanks to Richmond ** who handled this order.

Original review: July 30, 2020

In November 2016 I had the opportunity to speak with Account Executive Dmitri ** regarding purchasing coins from Lear Capital. Mr. ** took time with my questions and sent me information pro and con before I made my decision. He has always been there anytime I called and continues to be there for me. I might add at the time I was also speaking with another company regarding the purchase of some coins. His one question for me was the selling point when he ask if I was going to be alright with this purchase. I knew at that point, while he was looking out for Lear Capital he was also looking out for me. Lear Capital is very lucky to have an Account Executive of his quality and kindness.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I have checked 3 of your competitors before coming to Lear. I have made several purchases of gold and sold gold to Lear. I am impressed with your services in providing me with very good results in pricing, speed of delivery, and quick response to questions.The business transactions are conducted very professionally which keeps me coming back.

Original review: July 16, 2020

As a first time buyer from Lear Capital, I was somewhat reluctant to make a purchase. However, they came highly recommended, so I proceeded. Lear advised me that due to the virus, the shipment may be delayed. However, much to my delight, my order arrived on time and was exactly as advertised..

Original review: July 7, 2020

I received a call from Chris ** about one of the silver products the company had to offer. We talked and I agreed to the offer and within less than two weeks I received our product. I am very pleased with what I received and very pleased with Chris and his professionalism.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Dmitri was amazing in helping get to a client in position to place a sell order of gold coins. He was able to coordinate with the account holder, Clients Advisor, and the Clients Custodian to make this happen.

Lear Capital response

Thank you Chris for your business.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I had never invested in silver before and was apprehensive about the process. However, after a couple of visits with Dimitri my fears gone and from that point on, it was smooth sailing! I have been very pleased with the entire process and look forward to future transactions.

Original review: June 25, 2020

This is my second order from Lear. As with the first I am more than satisfied. Geraldf ** is spot on assisting me and providing what I want, quality and value. Gerry is courteous, friendly, thorough and always follows through until I have my order in hand. I am a small investor but plan many more purchases from Lear and look forward to working with Gerry. He has become more than my Lear agent. He has become a friend.

Original review: June 24, 2020

I am quite satisfied with my interactions with the folks at Lear Capital. I moved my IRA from Vanguard to Lear, and the process was very painless. They did all the work, I just read and signed the papers (electronically and physically). The staff are very friendly and helpful, and were in constant communication through the whole process.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Derek ** not only sold me my purchase but educated me as well. Having never been in the metals market I needed an education in order to feel comfortable with my purchase. Derek provided the level of comfort I needed to make the purchase. I had spoken to other companies and never received that level of comfort with any of them.

Original review: June 23, 2020

Cal was the most helpful representative I have had the pleasure to work with. He made it clear my many options and helped me feel confident that I was making a wise choice for my current situation. Good work. Will definitely do more business.

Original review: June 23, 2020

My experience with Lear Capital has been very positive. The other big company hung up on me because my investment wasn't to their liking. My Account Rep was extremely professional and helpful. Communication was top rate and I will be a customer for life.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Peter ** did much more than just sell me gold and silver coins... This man sent me many educational articles, in an effort to educate me, prior to my purchase. He personally oversaw and walked me through every step of the process. He even was prepared NOT to sell me any precious metals, if he felt that I was making too impulsive a purchase. When I had fears, and even sent a "buyer's remorse" email because of another friend.s negative comments, he emailed me right back with flat facts, and my fears were put to rest. I know that I can count on Peter **, and Lear Capital for all of my investment needs.

Original review: June 20, 2020

My account agent, Aaron **, was very good. He was knowledgeable, patient and personable. My order came on time as promised. He checked in regularly with me regarding delivery. My delivery was correct the first time. In the future I plan to make additional purchases through him.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Everyone at Lear is tremendous and extremely helpful. I am a brand new customer and I couldn't be happier with the switch. The customer service is the highest I have ever seen - perfect and thank you!!!

Original review: June 15, 2020

Richmond, was very Professional and handle every detail and kept me abreast of what to expect and how the process works from "cradle" to grave. His service was primarily the reason why I choose to complete the transaction with Lear Capital, and will be the reason I complete more transactions with Lear Capital. Thanks Richmond

Original review: June 15, 2020

Ms. ** was very professional and knowledgeable in assisting with my purchase. She made me feel comfortable with your company since this was my first time doing business with you and online transactions make a person wary. Thank You. Joann.

Original review: June 9, 2020

As a new customer my experience has been very good. I continue to learn more and more about investing in Silver. Updates on the market and various driving forces provides a valuable view that I had not previously considered.

Original review: June 3, 2020

One of the primary reasons for choosing Lear Capital was the professional and informative conversation I had with Gary Ricketts. His knowledge and the way he educated me in deciding how to move forward is greatly appreciated. Because of his counsel, I feel confident in the commitment made regarding recent investments. Sincerely, Donald **

Original review: June 2, 2020

This is my first time investing in any precious metal. How happy I will be with the investment will depend on how the market goes. My experience with dealing with Lear Capital. Things were explained clearly to me. The transaction occurred precisely as expected. I even received my investment a day earlier than anticipated.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I was nervous about buying gold and trusting anybody who sells it, but Lear Capital was advertised on the Huckabee Show. And I trust Huckabee, so I thought I'd give them a try. I experienced the nicest, intelligent and kind people who explained everything to me and I will do business with them again.

Original review: May 28, 2020

It was such a pleasure working with Cal **. I felt like he was a friend. I truly felt he gave his undivided attention and expertise to helping me choose the most special coins within my budget, describing them, and directing me to the PSGS (?) website where we spent some time researching together. He certainly earned his commission. I also work on commissions only so appreciated him especially.

Original review: May 25, 2020

I made a 2nd purchase on 5/14/2020 with Lear Capital... Raad ** is THE BEST as far as anyone I have ever dealt with concerning investments. He was a #10 about my interest in buying silver and was such an inspiration on the ins and outs of investing. Although we never met, my fiancee' and I felt as if we had known him and TRUSTED him with any questions we had. Very to the point, knowledgeable, and thorough. I would refer anyone to Lear Capital investments and Raad Dugum from the positive experience I've experienced. Thank you, Tina

Original review: May 21, 2020

Thank you Peter ** for the great service that we received as well as the expert advice. You were extremely helpful in your answers to all of our questions. Any time that we came up with additional questions or concerns you got back to us right away. We are so happy that you answered the phone the first time that we called. We feel that we can trust you completely with our future purchases.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Everything was explained clearly. Anything I asked was explained. I am very happy with my purchase from Lear Capital. I am a first time precious metals investor so I appreciate Conor ** being patient with me and helping me choose the investment tailored to my needs.

Original review: May 20, 2020

My experience with Lear Capital has been outstanding. I have gotten good and clear information and my Acct. Rep. has been very helpful and checks in with me frequently to make sure everything is going well. I feel like I am in good hands.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Always a great experience working with Danny **. I love working with him. His positivity is infectious. His advice and purchase suggestions are always spot on. It's apparent that he cares for each of his customers. I look forward to our continued relationship for years to come. Thanks Danny!

Original review: May 16, 2020

I invested $30,000.00 and saw the value was around $20,000.00 a year later and called to see what happened. Investment was in mostly silver and some Gold, silver had gone down a little but gold had gone up. Spoke with Todd and it got heated so I cashed out and invested in conventional IRA. In 2 months I gained most of loss back. Todd told me I was crazy. Never use Lear Capital.

Lear Capital Company Information