4.9(1,382)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Lear Capital

Lear Capital has been involved in the precious metals industry since 1997, and it's now completed more than $3 billion in transactions. It can help you buy, sell and trade bullion, rare coins and physical gold and silver. It also offers a Price Advantage Guarantee for added transparency.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • In business a relatively long time
  • Transparent pricing
  • Full-service gold dealer
  • 24-hour risk-free purchase guarantee
Cons
  • Website can be hard to navigate
  • Only one depository option

Stars Rating

• 96%
  • 3%
  • 0%
  • 0%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lear Capital?
    PriceStaffTransparency

Reviewed April 5, 2021

I couldn’t be happier with my experience. Morrey answered all of my questions and explained things thoroughly. He was very professional and personable, and the best part was that I never felt pressured. He made the entire transaction very easy and comfortable. The Canadian Silver Nature coins that I purchased are beautiful, were a fair price and came in a timely manner. I am very satisfied.

Reviewed March 12, 2021

I have had about 5 transactions with Bradford **. He had always been prompt and efficient. He answers my questions thoroughly and explains things well. I have been very satisfied with transactions for a number of metals such as silver and gold coins and bars of platinum. In addition to recommending him to my good friend, who wanted to invest in precious metals, I have also had him work with my husband.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 11, 2021

Mr ** went out of his way to find the best prices on coins (and shipping!) in Lear's inventory to meet my needs. He was also very patient with "snafu's" that I was responsible for. He's a Mensch! We'll do business again.

Reviewed Feb. 9, 2021

Thank you Lear Capital for helping with this transaction. I am very pleased with Lear Capital with their professionalism and knowledge with the decisions I needed to make. I would highly recommend Lear Capital to anyone for their investment in precious metals. I am looking forward to do more investments with them in the future. Rich

Reviewed Feb. 5, 2021

Brad was extremely helpful in explaining, acquiring, and completing my order. While explaining differences in products, and markets. I will rely on Mr. ** experience in future investments. Great job done well.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2021

Morrey has been exceptional to work with, I’m a new investor trying to diversify my portfolio and Morrey has been pivotal in my new venture. He took the time to explain the market to me, took my personal situation into consideration and was open and honest with me throughout the process. He’s always accessible for questions or inquiries and makes a point to contact me, as a courtesy, to keep me up-to-date during the order process. I appreciate his knowledge and understanding of the market and see him as a great resource of information. All of this, combined with his upbeat personality and get demeanor, has made this a seamless and smooth experience overall. I plan to continue this newly built relationship with Morrey and Lear Capital and look forward to what the future holds. P.S. I would give Morrey (and Lear Capital) 10 stars if possible. Thanks for everything!

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2021

I have been working with Senior Account Executive Morrey ** on investing in precious metals. He is very informative & explained everything that I can understand so easily. I am very blessed to have him helping me with my investments.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2021

I am happy with the service I have received from Lear Capital. I know they gave their best effort to get me the best deals possible for the precious metals in my IRA accounts. The process for transferring funds into the accounts and purchasing the precious metals was quick and easy.

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2021

Ordering silver today was an easy process and a positive experience. Although I was unsure of what kind of silver to buy, Brad make me feel like I made the right choice and that it was definitely the right decision for me. I highly recommend this company for its reliable and professional service.

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2021

Brad was very helpful when I wanted to sell some Polar Bear 1.5 ounce silver coins. He gave me a fair offer for the coins and explained the return process in detail. I received the necessary paperwork promptly. He quickly returned my call to answer additional questions that I had. Top quality customer service.

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2020

We had the pleasure to do business with a representative. Cal so much knowledge about Lear Capital and the Gold and Silver market. He was accurate and he promised was done and delivered. A company that cares for its clients.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Your Senior Account Executive Cal ** was a pleasure to do business with. He was sincere, courteous and professional. You may be assured that he represented your firm in a most professional manner. I would be proud to recommend him and your firm to my friends and family in a heartbeat.. I am most pleased with my purchase and hope to do business with you in the future. Sincerely... Robert

Reviewed Oct. 9, 2020

Cal ** provided excellent service for purchasing gold and silver coins. He was very expedient at meeting my requests and fulfilling the order. The process to buy metals could not have been smoother or faster. Thank you.

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2020

My last purchase and all purchases were good. My first purchase many yeas ago was on the advice of a person named Steve, he suggested I buy numismatic coins I lost $50,000.00. The purchase thru Cal ** was good. A few years after that I cashed out my coins and bought silver bullion. I lost another $50,000.00, My mistake If I waited another month silver went up, but it's still not at the price I paid for it. Again my purchase was thru Cal ** and it was good. My last purchase was for palladium, it was against the advise of Cal **. That purchase was good also. That purchase was only $10,000. I hope I make something back.

Reviewed Sept. 26, 2020

Experience with Lear Capital has been excellent. Great customer service. Always keep in touch and return all calls. I would recommend Mr. ** to anyone looking to invest in precious metal portfolio. Thank You.

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2020

After watching an episode of “The Huckabee” program and seeing the ad for Lear Capital talking about owning gold and silver I decided to call and inquire about the possibilities. I was connected with Gerald **. This was several months ago. After an initial discussion about gold and silver I decided I wanted to go this route but not at that time. Gerald understood and encouraged me to continue to research the subject. I did and some months later called Lear Capital back and ask for Gerald. He was on the line and I told him I was ready to get started.

First thing Gerald did was to overnighted me very relevant inFormation explaining his services. From there, when I had time to make calls, I ask Gerald to get the process going. Immediately, Gerald has Eric, Lear’s IRA specialist to call me. They guided me through the paperwork process, helped me with the money transfer from Wells Fargo and Gerald helped me purchase and own gold, silver and platinum in a matter of a couple of hours!! The whole process was professional, pain free and enjoyable. Gerald went the extra mile and I even got a bonus of some silver which I was not at all expecting! I would and plan to do business with Lear Capital and Gerald again soon! Thank you Gerald!!!

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2020

I am having a life threatening illness and needed to cash out my silver for my health expenses. Dmitri ** has always been helpful in the years I have had this account but with this sudden need for me to liquidate my investments, he went above and beyond to help me accomplish my request. I will always be grateful for his prompt service and kindness. I will gladly recommend anyone to invest with Dmitri ** with Lear Capital.

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2020

I am very pleased the way Dmitri Koonce handled my situation. He was very polite and explained everything that I could understand. Getting my parcel ready and picked up at home was a breeze. Again, thanks Dmitri. Loraine **

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2020

I had an overall great experience with Lear Capital on my recent order. I had been notified that delivery of the product would be delayed because of shortage of personnel able to fill orders due to Covid -19 pandemic. I was notified on progress at all points of my order. I was thoroughly educated by the knowledgeable staff as this was my first ever order of precious metals. Special thanks to Richmond ** who handled this order.

Reviewed July 30, 2020

In November 2016 I had the opportunity to speak with Account Executive Dmitri ** regarding purchasing coins from Lear Capital. Mr. ** took time with my questions and sent me information pro and con before I made my decision. He has always been there anytime I called and continues to be there for me. I might add at the time I was also speaking with another company regarding the purchase of some coins. His one question for me was the selling point when he ask if I was going to be alright with this purchase. I knew at that point, while he was looking out for Lear Capital he was also looking out for me. Lear Capital is very lucky to have an Account Executive of his quality and kindness.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed July 28, 2020

I have checked 3 of your competitors before coming to Lear. I have made several purchases of gold and sold gold to Lear. I am impressed with your services in providing me with very good results in pricing, speed of delivery, and quick response to questions.The business transactions are conducted very professionally which keeps me coming back.

Reviewed July 16, 2020

As a first time buyer from Lear Capital, I was somewhat reluctant to make a purchase. However, they came highly recommended, so I proceeded. Lear advised me that due to the virus, the shipment may be delayed. However, much to my delight, my order arrived on time and was exactly as advertised..

Reviewed July 7, 2020

I received a call from Chris ** about one of the silver products the company had to offer. We talked and I agreed to the offer and within less than two weeks I received our product. I am very pleased with what I received and very pleased with Chris and his professionalism.

Reviewed June 26, 2020

Dmitri was amazing in helping get to a client in position to place a sell order of gold coins. He was able to coordinate with the account holder, Clients Advisor, and the Clients Custodian to make this happen.

Pinned

Thank you Chris for your business.

Reviewed June 26, 2020

I had never invested in silver before and was apprehensive about the process. However, after a couple of visits with Dimitri my fears gone and from that point on, it was smooth sailing! I have been very pleased with the entire process and look forward to future transactions.

Reviewed June 25, 2020

This is my second order from Lear. As with the first I am more than satisfied. Geraldf ** is spot on assisting me and providing what I want, quality and value. Gerry is courteous, friendly, thorough and always follows through until I have my order in hand. I am a small investor but plan many more purchases from Lear and look forward to working with Gerry. He has become more than my Lear agent. He has become a friend.

Reviewed June 24, 2020

I am quite satisfied with my interactions with the folks at Lear Capital. I moved my IRA from Vanguard to Lear, and the process was very painless. They did all the work, I just read and signed the papers (electronically and physically). The staff are very friendly and helpful, and were in constant communication through the whole process.

Reviewed June 24, 2020

Derek ** not only sold me my purchase but educated me as well. Having never been in the metals market I needed an education in order to feel comfortable with my purchase. Derek provided the level of comfort I needed to make the purchase. I had spoken to other companies and never received that level of comfort with any of them.

Reviewed June 23, 2020

Cal was the most helpful representative I have had the pleasure to work with. He made it clear my many options and helped me feel confident that I was making a wise choice for my current situation. Good work. Will definitely do more business.

Reviewed June 23, 2020

My experience with Lear Capital has been very positive. The other big company hung up on me because my investment wasn't to their liking. My Account Rep was extremely professional and helpful. Communication was top rate and I will be a customer for life.

Reviewed June 22, 2020

Peter ** did much more than just sell me gold and silver coins... This man sent me many educational articles, in an effort to educate me, prior to my purchase. He personally oversaw and walked me through every step of the process. He even was prepared NOT to sell me any precious metals, if he felt that I was making too impulsive a purchase. When I had fears, and even sent a "buyer's remorse" email because of another friend.s negative comments, he emailed me right back with flat facts, and my fears were put to rest. I know that I can count on Peter **, and Lear Capital for all of my investment needs.

Reviewed June 20, 2020

My account agent, Aaron **, was very good. He was knowledgeable, patient and personable. My order came on time as promised. He checked in regularly with me regarding delivery. My delivery was correct the first time. In the future I plan to make additional purchases through him.

Reviewed June 16, 2020

Everyone at Lear is tremendous and extremely helpful. I am a brand new customer and I couldn't be happier with the switch. The customer service is the highest I have ever seen - perfect and thank you!!!

Reviewed June 15, 2020

Richmond, was very Professional and handle every detail and kept me abreast of what to expect and how the process works from "cradle" to grave. His service was primarily the reason why I choose to complete the transaction with Lear Capital, and will be the reason I complete more transactions with Lear Capital. Thanks Richmond

Reviewed June 15, 2020

Ms. ** was very professional and knowledgeable in assisting with my purchase. She made me feel comfortable with your company since this was my first time doing business with you and online transactions make a person wary. Thank You. Joann.

Reviewed June 9, 2020

As a new customer my experience has been very good. I continue to learn more and more about investing in Silver. Updates on the market and various driving forces provides a valuable view that I had not previously considered.

Reviewed June 3, 2020

One of the primary reasons for choosing Lear Capital was the professional and informative conversation I had with Gary Ricketts. His knowledge and the way he educated me in deciding how to move forward is greatly appreciated. Because of his counsel, I feel confident in the commitment made regarding recent investments. Sincerely, Donald **

Transparency

Reviewed June 2, 2020

This is my first time investing in any precious metal. How happy I will be with the investment will depend on how the market goes. My experience with dealing with Lear Capital. Things were explained clearly to me. The transaction occurred precisely as expected. I even received my investment a day earlier than anticipated.

Reviewed May 30, 2020

I was nervous about buying gold and trusting anybody who sells it, but Lear Capital was advertised on the Huckabee Show. And I trust Huckabee, so I thought I'd give them a try. I experienced the nicest, intelligent and kind people who explained everything to me and I will do business with them again.

Reviewed May 28, 2020

It was such a pleasure working with Cal **. I felt like he was a friend. I truly felt he gave his undivided attention and expertise to helping me choose the most special coins within my budget, describing them, and directing me to the PSGS (?) website where we spent some time researching together. He certainly earned his commission. I also work on commissions only so appreciated him especially.

Reviewed May 25, 2020

I made a 2nd purchase on 5/14/2020 with Lear Capital... Raad ** is THE BEST as far as anyone I have ever dealt with concerning investments. He was a #10 about my interest in buying silver and was such an inspiration on the ins and outs of investing. Although we never met, my fiancee' and I felt as if we had known him and TRUSTED him with any questions we had. Very to the point, knowledgeable, and thorough. I would refer anyone to Lear Capital investments and Raad Dugum from the positive experience I've experienced. Thank you, Tina

Reviewed May 21, 2020

Thank you Peter ** for the great service that we received as well as the expert advice. You were extremely helpful in your answers to all of our questions. Any time that we came up with additional questions or concerns you got back to us right away. We are so happy that you answered the phone the first time that we called. We feel that we can trust you completely with our future purchases.

Transparency

Reviewed May 21, 2020

Everything was explained clearly. Anything I asked was explained. I am very happy with my purchase from Lear Capital. I am a first time precious metals investor so I appreciate Conor ** being patient with me and helping me choose the investment tailored to my needs.

Reviewed May 20, 2020

My experience with Lear Capital has been outstanding. I have gotten good and clear information and my Acct. Rep. has been very helpful and checks in with me frequently to make sure everything is going well. I feel like I am in good hands.

Reviewed May 19, 2020

Always a great experience working with Danny **. I love working with him. His positivity is infectious. His advice and purchase suggestions are always spot on. It's apparent that he cares for each of his customers. I look forward to our continued relationship for years to come. Thanks Danny!

Reviewed May 16, 2020

I invested $30,000.00 and saw the value was around $20,000.00 a year later and called to see what happened. Investment was in mostly silver and some Gold, silver had gone down a little but gold had gone up. Spoke with Todd and it got heated so I cashed out and invested in conventional IRA. In 2 months I gained most of loss back. Todd told me I was crazy. Never use Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 14, 2020

With a $35000 investment my money was reduced to $24000 based on the coin purchase price. The process was moving at such a fast pace that it produced a poor decision on my part. If I could reverse the deal I would!

Reviewed May 14, 2020

10 2oz Silver Eagles, 28 1oz Orcas. Although Derek ** was very busy he always answered my phone calls - he answered all the questions I had and was very

knowledgeable about what to invest in. He was always very courteous with every call. I would recommend him to others who wish to know about investments.

Reviewed May 11, 2020

Lear Capital was recommended as a safe, efficient and honest program for precious metal purchases. I have discussed my needs with Mr. Gary ** on three occasions and I respect his knowledge, empathy and recommendations. He has made my experience easy, understandable and comfortable. I give Mr. ** high marks for his professionalism. Another satisfied customer...

Reviewed May 11, 2020

I highly recommend Lear Capital to anyone who is considering precious metals as part of their investment strategy. I found their team to be very knowledgeable and they took time to ask and answer questions. They were proactive with follow up items and provided first-rate customer service.

Reviewed May 11, 2020

Outstanding Service. Eric ** l is an outstanding contribution to Lear Capital. Due to the incredible customer service and professionalism, I've placed another order, which is currently in the transfer process.

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 7, 2020

I was treated pretty horrible in the past with precious metals companies. My first phone call was with Katherine who called me first to send me some information. She was very professional and didn’t make me feel like a dollar sign. She told me some prices that sounded great, and just really knew her stuff. I’m looking forward to speaking with her manager to review the info.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 6, 2020

I am impressed with two things, 1 silver pricing, and 2 customer services during this COVID-19 experience. When I called to find out the status of the order the contact was courteous and gave me the information I needed to understand the status and delivery time-frame. I will continue to do business with Lear Capital.

Reviewed May 5, 2020

I dealt with a professional Agent for Lear Capital, Mr. Dmitri **. I felt I was in good hands from the first phone call. He carefully explained every aspect of the purchase and the electronic signing of the Agreement. Would I recommend Lear Capital, most definitely.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed May 4, 2020

I am still trying to speak to my rep to find out how I was sold one-tenth ounce gold coins which is the most costly and far less bang for your buck when I set up an IRA. No phone call returned after promising to do so on May 1st, and emails not completely answered yet. Why would I agree to buy 107 tenth-ounce coins for $255.70 each which equates to a $2,557 per ounce gold price. That type of coin was never discussed or seen in brochures. I have no record of sending in an electronic signature of a shipping agreement via email and have doubts I could have sent it being that I left for the airport right after our recorded phone call which I have requested but have yet to hear it.

I realize we are in a workplace pause but it's been since late March. I have been corresponding with my rep to get answers. Right now I am glad I only experimented with $40k to find out how this would work as I had others who were interested but so far I am not recommending Lear to them. I did get some recent quotes from other companies which would have offered a much better deal for the same Lear got me. My suggestion to anyone reading this is to never do electronic signing nor agree to anything by phone but see the documents in hand to know exactly what you will get and the cost and then sign them.

Reviewed May 1, 2020

Ordered silver #**. Sent a check, got no confirmation that Lear received it, when I called and emailed to ask about it, I didn't get any response, so I ordered more silver from Blanchard and Co. I will never use Lear again. Customer service is horrible.

Reviewed May 1, 2020

As a first time precious metal buyer, I was not sure where to go to purchase silver. As I searched and scrolled I discovered many companies. In addition, as a Robert Kiyosaki viewer, I remembered that he mentioned Lear Capital once on youtube so I decided to go with you! My order was correct, the agents on the phone were polite and very helpful and made the process of buying silver coins a great experience for my first time at investing in silver. Thank you Lear Capital and I am shopping for my next purchase with you now!

Reviewed April 30, 2020

Outstanding service from my account representative. As a first-time buyer of gold, he explained everything to me extremely well, answered all my questions and gave me the guidance I needed. He stayed in contact with me. Because of the Corona Virus there were a couple of hiccups, but he worked with me and reassured me every step of the way.

Price

Reviewed April 30, 2020

Originally I called to buy gold and was talked into silver, at a higher price. I should not have been so gullible. Then when I bought gold I didnt receive for a long time. Silver though on the rise is still lower than what I paid for it. I could be way better off if I could have bought gold. At this rate it could b a long time before I'm even with that one. If I can say anything of value it would be for you not to talk someone out of a purchase of their choice. I will likely not use u in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2020

Josh ** did a fantastic job from the moment I initiated the order till the day I received the shipment. He kept me informed every step of the process. Very professional. I will place another order ASAP. Great company.

Reviewed April 28, 2020

I truly enjoyed talking with Peter ** when I asked about making my first purchase of silver. He was very thorough in explaining all options available. I learned and understood way more than I ever thought possible because he broke it down to layman's terms. He is very knowledgeable, friendly and professional. He shares and repeats information patiently. Made me feel so comfortable and at ease. I plan to continue contacting Peter ** throughout this year and every year for the next 10 years.

Reviewed April 28, 2020

This was my first time placing an order and the agent I had was very helpful in assisting me in deciding my purchase. Joanne ** was very knowledgeable and very personal. There was no pressure and my purchase was easy. She informed me of the whole process from start to finish. When I am able to make another purchase I will ask for Joanne.

Online & App

Reviewed April 28, 2020

Silver Maple Leaf coin order. I placed my order online but this time it was required to send a check instead of the usual credit card process. As soon as the check cleared, the order was processed and I received a Fedex tracking number. Lear is in Santa Monica but I watched the package go to NJ and another place before arriving at my location. It was delivered in perfect condition even with the out of the way trip. The coins were nicely packaged and in beautiful condition. Made we wish I had purchased more. Seeing the coins on the website is nothing like seeing the shining silver in your hand. Next time I will save up for gold.

Reviewed April 28, 2020

Great Experience. I have purchased coins from Lear multiple times. The ordering process is always easy and shipping was delivered in a discreet manner. I have always received freshly minter and well packaged coins.

Reviewed April 27, 2020

My payment was received by you on March 13 and I was told it would ship out in no more than 17 days. I did not receive my package until April 21. I was sent tracking information two times. The first supposed shipment was never sent. I was not kept informed as to what was happening with my order and I started doubting wether I would even get it. Part of my problem is that I could not get through on the phone and was not getting response to my messages. I did finally receive my order and am relieved to finally get it.

Reviewed April 24, 2020

I've been a customer for several years. I've never had problems ordering from the website. The orders have always come in a reasonable time. The product has always been packaged so that there were no damages. I've no complaints. Yes, I would recommend to a friend.

Reviewed April 24, 2020

I continue to purchase silver coins from Lear Capital because the service has been top-notch every time. Not only do I purchase coins as a personal investment, but also as gifts to grandchildren for each tooth they lose. With 7 grandchildren to date, I will be doing business with Lear for many years to come!

Reviewed April 24, 2020

I had a professional and good experience. Nathan who I worked with was knowledgeable and respected my time. He working within my budget made the perfect plan for me. He made it painless and easy for me while leaving me in control. Thanks!

Reviewed April 24, 2020

Richmond ** was very helpful to make me understand that I didn't see anything yet on my computer when I looked at my portfolio. His warehouse crew is affected by this virus. Said wait a week then my purchase showed up, very comforted to know and see.