4.3/5 (81 ratings)

About JG Wentworth Structured Settlements

JG Wentworth offers lump-sum cash alternatives to structured settlements or annuity payments. Whether the payments are from settlements, annuities or casino and lottery winnings, the company provides fast cash buyouts and flexible options for each customer. The company offers signing bonuses and cash advances and includes a best-price guarantee with all purchases.

Pros

• Best-price guarantee
  • Customized options
  • Free quotes

Cons

• Payments may take up to three weeks
  • Credit score impact

Bottom Line

JG Wentworth is a lump-sum payment provider for annuities and settlements from lawsuits, lottery winnings and other sources. It makes cash available typically within three weeks, and fees range up to 15%.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JG Wentworth Structured Settlements?

Original review: May 14, 2022

JG Wentworth had the best deal. I finished the application pretty quickly, but there was a really long waiting period. I worked with two reps. The first one left work while on the case but the next one was super nice. She got everything figured out for me. When I had questions, I just called their number and I either spoke to her or to someone who knew her or someone who was around her, and I got my questions answered.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Robert! We are so glad everything worked out so well and how much you enjoyed working with our reps - thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 10, 2022

I had a smooth and clean experience with JG Wentworth. The total process was at least three months or less.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Shawntney! We are pleased to hear how well everything went with your transaction - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 29, 2022

It was a positive experience with JG Wentworth. I had a number of conversations with a couple of different representatives of the company, and they were quite persistent and very helpful. They were regularly in contact and very available to help with questions. The quality of service was more than adequate.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Andrea! We're so glad to hear you're having such a positive experience - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 25, 2022

My experience with Anthony & Mike was so easy & smooth. They were so knowledgeable & they explained every step & made sure I knew exactly what was going on & that I understood. They always answered my calls & every question I had. There was NEVER a time that they were not there for me during the whole process. Besides being very professional they were great and fun to talk to. The process of the whole thing took about 4-5 weeks for me. I got a few papers together, they did the rest. They kept me informed of the progress. I can not say enough nice things of Anthony or Mike. They are 2 hard working guys. I'll highly recommend JG Wentworth to any that needs their services.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Donna! Thank you for sharing how much your representative helped you - we look forward to working with you throughout this journey!

Original review: April 20, 2022

Kai is the rep I talk to the most and he's absolutely amazing. At first, I called like three times a week and he was never rude. Then, we got to the point where I went to court and the insurance was about to give me the money, but then they wouldn't give me the money. Through the whole thing, Kai was very quick and he calls me all the time to let me know that everything's going well. He's been working really hard on my case and I really appreciate that. After all that stuff happened, he calls me once a week to let me know how things are going, which I really appreciate that I'm not just left wondering. I got very blessed to work with Kai and I would recommend asking to work with him if he's available. Also, JG Wentworth works fast and as soon as the court happens, JG Wentworth gets right to it.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jordan! We are pleased to learn about your positive experience working with us - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 17, 2022

I like working with JG Wentworth, I think the representatives they have working for them do a wonderful job at getting people the money they need for whatever. I just wish they would give us more money for our money, or lower their rates.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Kajuana! We're glad you enjoyed working with your representative so much - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 8, 2022

Was an easy transaction and Steve was outstanding. Didn't think I was gonna get approved but they definitely made sure it went through. Time to receive funds took a minute but Steve assured me that I would receive after 24 to 48 hours.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Joshua! We're glad you enjoyed working with Steve so much - thank you for sharing and thank you for choosing JG Wentworth!

Original review: April 8, 2022

I had a great experience working with JG Wentworth. I worked with a lady named Stephanie, who was very helpful throughout the process when I started explaining how everything worked, and she was awesome at keeping me up to date with my case as it went and informing me on what everything meant and how to do things. She was always super polite and very kind. I've already received my funds. After I received them, Stephanie and I talked one more time just to make sure I didn't have any further questions or needed anything else, and we've not talked since then. But they were great the whole step of the way. They went above and beyond meeting my needs.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Laurel! We're thrilled you enjoyed working with Stephanie to get access to the money you deserve - thank you for sharing!

Original review: April 6, 2022

I never reached out to this company, and yet dozens of phone calls, packages sent to my house, emails at all hours of the day. Please stop harassing me for a service I never sought. How my information was shared to this company I have no idea but it smell immoral if not completely illegal.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Alejandra, thank you for your message. We're having a difficult time finding you in our system so we can remove your contact information. Please give us a call so we can resolve this issue.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Thanks for your help, at first it seems like nothing is happening, but after the team at JG Wentworth went that extra mile for me.. I just waited with confidence. As the process was completed, I am also grateful for the phone call to make sure I was ok, and also gave me assistance. Thanks again guys!

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Raquel! We're happy to hear you felt so comfortable working with the JG Wentworth team - we're glad we could help you get access to the money you deserve!

Original review: March 26, 2022

I would highly recommend JG Wentworth!!! Everyone is professional, prompt, kind, and all of them go the extra mile to make the process understandable and to move along swiftly as possible! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Thank you Clark and “everyone who helped in the process!”

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jan! We're thrilled you enjoyed working with Clark and the rest of the JG Wentworth team - thank you so much for sharing!

Original review: March 25, 2022

It took me six months to accept whatever they were going to do. The first time, I didn't like what they offered. Then the manager, Jay, came up with a different offer and I took it. The quality of the service was good and my experience went smoothly.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Cheryle! We're glad everything went well - thank you for sharing!

Original review: March 18, 2022

I would give my experience 5 stars if it was just based on Kai ** but since this was an overall rating only 3 stars. Where I live it required me to get a lawyer and set up notary. Since I had to do these things it required me to take time off work and spend my own money. I found it frustrating Because I wasn’t given any incentive which I believe I deserved.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Burton, thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed working with Kai! JG Wentworth is not a law firm, so we are unable to provide legal assistance - we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I was in a tough situation. I gave JG Wentworth a call and we got the ball rolling. The representatives I worked with were the best. They were really nice and helpful. Their communication was top of the line.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi David! We're thrilled you enjoyed working with the JG Wentworth team so much - thank you for sharing!

Original review: March 2, 2022

Robert helped me out and walked me through the process. And he made it easy to work with JG Wentworth. They are doing great. They have been really helpful to me.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Eddie! We're glad you enjoyed working with Robert - we're happy we could help you access the money you deserve!

Original review: March 1, 2022

I work with a few representatives. The girl that I work with was really nice. But the first guy lied to me about the payment, the deal that we worked out, and I caught it on the paperwork. And he no longer worked with me, someone else did, and they argued with me about the numbers. They manipulated the numbers, they weren't trying to give me a fair offer. When we went to court, the judge told them, "Hey, you guys should give her more money." Five minutes later, they gave me an extra $10,000. So, why didn't they offer me that from the beginning? This is my family and this is money that I got because I lost my dad. I'm only doing this because of the situation that I'm in, but I feel I was taken advantage of.

They didn't know about whether I needed to be in court. First, they told me that I had to be in court, then they didn't know how to do the phone thing, and I was calling people all the time. It was bad. People only call places like that when they're having hard times. So, they shouldn't have to talk to five different salespeople because this guy is lying. It's already stressful enough to have to go through that experience to begin with. That's a lot of money that I sold for a little amount. I've used JG Wentworth several times. They could have done so much better. So, the quality and the professionalism has gotten a lot worse.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Kyra, thank you for your feedback. Your representative will be reaching out to discuss your concerns in more detail.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

This is the second time I’ve worked with JG, I work full time and not in desperate need of money however had a great first experience and this time I’m think of backing out for the terrible customer service and not getting what I want and being fooled and lied to. Follow through and follow up sucked, I really am going to find out how I can rip up the checks and end this. I have not cashed anything and will not.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Kendi, thank you for your feedback. A representative will be reaching out to discuss your concerns in more detail.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

Customer service was helpful. They helped me out when I needed and answered all my questions.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Joshua! We're happy to hear how much the JG Wentworth team helped you - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

I received a sign on bonus check for $300. I deposited it to my bank account when it was supposedly ready to cash. The check was returned to me from the bank. Along with the returned check came charges on top it further lessening the value of the check. I was promised repeatedly that I would receive another one. To this date I still have not received it. The check was returned to me on 12/14/ 2021. I am totally disgusted.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback. A representative will be reaching out to discuss this matter in more detail.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

JG Wentworth was really thorough in letting me know the step by step process. They let me know right then on the phone what I would get right now versus what I could possibly get in the future. They went over and hit every bullet point that there was. Also, they were really upfront with me and I appreciated that.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jill! We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed our service - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

The process was nice. I was very comfortable working with them. The reps were very professional.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Joseph! We're thrilled you felt so comfortable working the JG Wentworth team - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Working with JG Wentworth was great. Christine, my rep is doing an excellent job. Anything I needed, she was on time with it. I give big kudos to her. They definitely met my needs.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Edward! We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoy working with Christine - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I would like to first off say, this could make anyone a little nervous, but after one phone call with Marcus from JG, I started feeling more comfortable. He was there from beginning to end answering any questions and updates on the progress of the transaction. Thank you for everything

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Steven! We're glad you felt so comfortable working with Marcus to get the money you deserve - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

This transaction went very poorly. Delays, lack of communication, and in my opinion lies to cover mistakes. I doubt this review will make it to anyone that matters but that is my feeling. I will never recommend JG Wentworth to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

Olivia ** was awesome. She made sure I knew everything I needed to know. She was very nice. Thank you J.G. Wentworth. It was a very easy process for me. As matter of fact everyone was very nice and was always helpful.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Bolaji! Thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed working with Olivia - we're thrilled we could help you access the money you deserve!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Logan, the rep, looked up my information, called JG Wentworth and had me on the line. Me, him and the lady rep spoke and then she sent the benefit letter. Everything went smoothly. They're great people to work with. They get me the amount of money they can get me. They do all they can to help me get what I need.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Janice! We're thrilled to hear how much Logan and the JG Wentworth team helped you - thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I liked the guy we were working with really well. His name was Mark and he was awesome. But his bosses didn't read any of his notes. I kept calling and asked only to deal with him because he spoke our language and made it easy for us. We also told Mark that we only wanted to deal with him and he put that in our file. But nobody paid attention. Even with training, I didn't want to deal with other people. But we kept getting calls from other people. One time when we were thinking about doing another structured settlement, he was off for a few days and he said he'd come back and handle it. During that few days, they called us and one of the guys almost got rude with us because we had signed some papers but it was just in case we wanted to do it. We really didn't want to do one right away. Other than that, we went with JG Wentworth over other companies because they had a better reputation.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Joel! Thank you for your feedback - we're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed working with Mark to get the money you deserve!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

JG Wentworth is a good company for everybody to deal with. I like their service. They helped me out for $17,000. They did a good job for me.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Spencer! Thank you for sharing how much the JG Wentworth team helped you - please feel free to reach out if our services can be beneficial to you again in the future!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Amazingly easy experience. There was zero stress involved, and my team that I had working with me was extreeeemly helpful. They would answer my questions quickly. Everything was very straightforward and there was no wondering the entire time. Shout out to Helen.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jordan! We're thrilled to hear how much Helen and the JG Wentworth team helped you - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

Had I known what I have learned by dealing with those people I would have never contacted them.. They lied about their loyalty when deal with customers. I was promised gift cards that I have not received. That promise was made months ago. I would not recommend any of my friends to consider doing business with those liars and cheaters..

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Company Information