4.4/5 (58 ratings)

About JG Wentworth Structured Settlements

JG Wentworth offers lump-sum cash alternatives to structured settlements or annuity payments. Whether the payments are from settlements, annuities or casino and lottery winnings, the company provides fast cash buyouts and flexible options for each customer. The company offers signing bonuses and cash advances and includes a best-price guarantee with all purchases.

Pros

• Best-price guarantee
  • Customized options
  • Free quotes

Cons

• Payments may take up to three weeks
  • Credit score impact

Bottom Line

JG Wentworth is a lump-sum payment provider for annuities and settlements from lawsuits, lottery winnings and other sources. It makes cash available typically within three weeks, and fees range up to 15%.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about JG Wentworth Structured Settlements?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I've been dealing with JG Wentworth for years. They're good people. They called me and I was glad they did because I could use some cash. And it worked out. They set up their paper signing, I got me my cash. It came in handy. Everything went good. I'm a happy man. I have been 100% satisfied with them. If you guys are structured settlement, you need cash, I would do that with JG Wentworth.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Wallace! It's so nice to hear how much our team has been able to help with your financial independence - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I called up and got an offer from JG Wentworth. Their offer was the easiest and it was the highest across the board. They’re very competitive. This is my second time going about it, so it was straightforward. The only thing that had a hiccup with was the bonus for the return customers. I didn't get it until a couple of weeks after I got my results on them. Other than that, it was very professional. It made it a lot easier to get into the house and go about my life goals.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Kagen! We are thrilled you are having such a positive experience with our team to find the best path for you - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The process of signing papers took so long for me. The process extended another two weeks because they had to get ahold of my ex-wife and have her sign all kinds of papers. Plus, I had to pay her $2,000. JG Wentworth helped me with a thousand, but I had to pay her $2,000 just for my ex-wife to sign papers for me. That's one thing that they should look into. But overall, they were very helpful and stayed on top of everything. They are a good company.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jonathan! We're pleased to hear how much of a positive experience you are having with our team to find the best financial path for you - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I called JG Wentworth and told them what I needed. They told me what they could do as far as helping me out. I had to sign the applicant agreement and then I didn't hear from them for a couple of days. Then they let me know, “Hey, everything went through okay. We have a date. If you have any questions, just let us know.” The date came up and I went through the hearing, and then two days later, I got the money. They were all very friendly and helpful. Everything went great.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Nathaniel! It is so nice that you enjoy working with our team towards your financial independence - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

JG communicated very well. Every question I had, they were very helpful. They led me in the right direction and helped me out every way they could. Working with them helped me out a lot. It helps me better the future for me and my family.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Charles! We're so glad to hear everything is going well with your program - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

It was the easiest and smoothest transaction I have ever done. Carley was absolutely wonderful. She answered every call. If she couldn't, she got back to me in quick time. Everybody made me feel comfortable. The process went very quickly. I will use them again.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Alex! It's great to hear how much you enjoy working with Carley to find the best financial path for you - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

My experience with JG Wentworth was good. We had a couple of bumps on the road. That turnaround time was not as fast as other places that I've used before but overall, out of 100, I'll give it about a 90. David, the rep, kept in constant contact with me. So that was great.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Angela! We are so happy to hear how much of a positive experience you are having with David to find the best path for you - wear excited to be on this journey towards the financial future you deserve!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Worse experience I had to deal with. I would highly not recommend this company to help out. They will rob you and hassle you around. I regret using this service and will no longer use them for any kind of assistance with them.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thank you for your feedback - We are having a representative reach out to discuss your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

JG was straightforward and did a good job. They were honest with me and got everything done quickly. Everything they said that was gonna happen, happened in the timeframe. Working with JG is beneficial. I'm in a lot better place than I was.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Nick! We are so happy to hear how well everything is going - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I would like to get the funds so I can furnish my apartment I recently got. The transaction is greatly appreciated, during this time of the year and also this pandemic that we are facing as I write this message. Sincerely Harry

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Harry! We are pleased to hear how well everything is going with your program - thanks for sharing!

Original review: July 23, 2022

Customer support was okay but I didn't really get what I thought I expected out of them. Service was kinda poor.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Lawanda! Feel free to reach out to one of our representatives with any questions or concerns you may have.

Original review: July 15, 2022

My experience with JG was amazing and they helped me. They said my court date was on the 30th and I got my money seven days after that, which was pretty fast. The only thing that I was upset about was it was too expensive. I asked for 15,000 and they charged me 32,500. JG put on TV, “It's my money and I need it now.” I understand that they were gonna go get me my money not charging me double and plus. If they're gonna give me $15,000, I'm not supposed to pay for the 15,000 because it's my money. But I needed the money to pay for my house and for the taxes. I'm not going to lose almost half a million dollars over $7,000. Overall, they did get me the money and I'm not losing my house. They texted me again asking if I needed more money and I told them I would let them know.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thank you for your feedback - we are having a representative reach out to discuss your concerns.

Original review: July 1, 2022

JG Wentworth offered me an amount of money for my annuity checks and I told them I couldn’t part with that much money a month. They said they figured a different amount out. When I talked to my financial person, he came up with a different offer and JG wouldn't accept that offer. They were offering 180 for 1,000 a month. He asked for 50,000 for 250 a month. My financial person reworked the numbers and I called JG back. I said I would take the offer. A manager was put on and he said they never offered to take 1,000. They wanted to take all of my money. But I had it in writing. They then said the offer was not there anymore. They gave me two other offers. The third offer they gave me was based off of 800. I said I can’t give them more than 500. The rep said she would get back to me but she hasn’t. They don't communicate well between departments. They don't want to do fair deals either.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Original review: June 10, 2022

The process with JG Wentworth Structured Settlements was okay. It was pretty simple. It was just time-consuming. The first one we did took three months. THat aside, Michael was our rep and he was great. Working with this company gave me a positive mindset and it was definitely beneficial. This is a company to look into over all other ones.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Alyssa! We are so happy to hear your program is going well - thanks for sharing!

Original review: June 9, 2022

I've worked with JG Wentworth a few times and they were pretty fast and nice. They worked with me and made sure I was okay with everything.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Tyeisha! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoy working with us - thanks for sharing!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Saved my life, really blessed for this company to help me out at such a hard time. Very thankful and I don't know what I could of done without them at the time. Thank you so much. I am so very grateful.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Kylie - we are glad to hear how much you enjoy working with our representatives - thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 27, 2022

I called JG Wentworth and got a quote on my annuity payments. The first quote I received I didn't like so I called a couple other places but I being a dummy went with jg anyways cause they matched or beat the competition so we had made an agreement but they tried to pull a fast one on the day of court. Well I caught it and it started the first quote and not our agreement. The case worker told me that he would take care of it and we should proceed cause it would take awhile to get another court date. I took the man's word for it and told him he had to at least mention it to the judge for me to proceed. All this was done but few months ago I was waiting for my payment there wasn't one so I contact jg Wentworth and they tell me that I'm screwed and that they won't do anything and can't do anything to help me.

I feel like they could've but just didn't want to. I feel robbed and this isn't a lil bit of money cause on top of all that they charged me 50 percent the payment that they received but wouldn't have if I gone somewhere else was $64k and it was from me losing my mother in a car wreck by a drunk driver talking about feeling sick. These people do not care bout you or anyone else. They just want your money.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thank you for your message. Please be on the lookout for further communication from us on this matter.

Original review: May 25, 2022

JG Wentworth was very responsive. Whenever I had questions regarding how quickly we could do this, JG was very prompt in replying and giving me answers. And the customer service person that I was connected with, Courtney, was amazing. Everything was handled judiciously.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed working with your agent, Courtney - thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 14, 2022

JG Wentworth had the best deal. I finished the application pretty quickly, but there was a really long waiting period. I worked with two reps. The first one left work while on the case but the next one was super nice. She got everything figured out for me. When I had questions, I just called their number and I either spoke to her or to someone who knew her or someone who was around her, and I got my questions answered.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Robert! We are so glad everything worked out so well and how much you enjoyed working with our reps - thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 10, 2022

I had a smooth and clean experience with JG Wentworth. The total process was at least three months or less.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Shawntney! We are pleased to hear how well everything went with your transaction - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 29, 2022

It was a positive experience with JG Wentworth. I had a number of conversations with a couple of different representatives of the company, and they were quite persistent and very helpful. They were regularly in contact and very available to help with questions. The quality of service was more than adequate.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Andrea! We're so glad to hear you're having such a positive experience - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 25, 2022

My experience with Anthony & Mike was so easy & smooth. They were so knowledgeable & they explained every step & made sure I knew exactly what was going on & that I understood. They always answered my calls & every question I had. There was NEVER a time that they were not there for me during the whole process. Besides being very professional they were great and fun to talk to. The process of the whole thing took about 4-5 weeks for me. I got a few papers together, they did the rest. They kept me informed of the progress. I can not say enough nice things of Anthony or Mike. They are 2 hard working guys. I'll highly recommend JG Wentworth to any that needs their services.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Donna! Thank you for sharing how much your representative helped you - we look forward to working with you throughout this journey!

Original review: April 17, 2022

I like working with JG Wentworth, I think the representatives they have working for them do a wonderful job at getting people the money they need for whatever. I just wish they would give us more money for our money, or lower their rates.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Kajuana! We're glad you enjoyed working with your representative so much - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 8, 2022

Was an easy transaction and Steve was outstanding. Didn't think I was gonna get approved but they definitely made sure it went through. Time to receive funds took a minute but Steve assured me that I would receive after 24 to 48 hours.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Joshua! We're glad you enjoyed working with Steve so much - thank you for sharing and thank you for choosing JG Wentworth!

Original review: April 8, 2022

I had a great experience working with JG Wentworth. I worked with a lady named Stephanie, who was very helpful throughout the process when I started explaining how everything worked, and she was awesome at keeping me up to date with my case as it went and informing me on what everything meant and how to do things. She was always super polite and very kind. I've already received my funds. After I received them, Stephanie and I talked one more time just to make sure I didn't have any further questions or needed anything else, and we've not talked since then. But they were great the whole step of the way. They went above and beyond meeting my needs.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Laurel! We're thrilled you enjoyed working with Stephanie to get access to the money you deserve - thank you for sharing!

Original review: April 6, 2022

I never reached out to this company, and yet dozens of phone calls, packages sent to my house, emails at all hours of the day. Please stop harassing me for a service I never sought. How my information was shared to this company I have no idea but it smell immoral if not completely illegal.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Alejandra, thank you for your message. We're having a difficult time finding you in our system so we can remove your contact information. Please give us a call so we can resolve this issue.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Thanks for your help, at first it seems like nothing is happening, but after the team at JG Wentworth went that extra mile for me.. I just waited with confidence. As the process was completed, I am also grateful for the phone call to make sure I was ok, and also gave me assistance. Thanks again guys!

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Raquel! We're happy to hear you felt so comfortable working with the JG Wentworth team - we're glad we could help you get access to the money you deserve!

Original review: March 26, 2022

I would highly recommend JG Wentworth!!! Everyone is professional, prompt, kind, and all of them go the extra mile to make the process understandable and to move along swiftly as possible! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Thank you Clark and “everyone who helped in the process!”

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jan! We're thrilled you enjoyed working with Clark and the rest of the JG Wentworth team - thank you so much for sharing!

Original review: March 25, 2022

It took me six months to accept whatever they were going to do. The first time, I didn't like what they offered. Then the manager, Jay, came up with a different offer and I took it. The quality of the service was good and my experience went smoothly.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Cheryle! We're glad everything went well - thank you for sharing!

Original review: March 18, 2022

I would give my experience 5 stars if it was just based on Kai ** but since this was an overall rating only 3 stars. Where I live it required me to get a lawyer and set up notary. Since I had to do these things it required me to take time off work and spend my own money. I found it frustrating Because I wasn’t given any incentive which I believe I deserved.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Burton, thank you for sharing how much you enjoyed working with Kai! JG Wentworth is not a law firm, so we are unable to provide legal assistance - we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Company Information