toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Veronica,

Thank you for sharing your experience working with J.G. Wentworth. We truly appreciate the feedback and are thrilled to hear that Mark was so helpful. Please do not hesitate to reach out for anything you may need in the future.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

Mark was absolutely wonderful and patient with me throughout the whole process. I probably would not have gone through with the process if it hadn't been for Mark. He was very helpful and was always able to answer any questions I had.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

George, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with J.G. Wentworth. We are happy that our team was able to meet your needs in a professional and efficient manner, and we sincerely appreciate your recommendation.

Original review: July 23, 2016

Unfortunately, the need arose to draw money from the structured annuity I own. In light of this being a "life decision", the process was one that I didn't want to undertake. J.G., and particularly Alan ** and his team, made the transaction as painless as possible. The legal representation could not have been better and J.G. funded the deal in 48 hours. I will be happy to recommend J.G. in the future.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

Great feedback, Trent! We are glad to hear that you’re happy with your representative, Robert, and will be sure to share your experience with him.

Original review: July 22, 2016

I just want to say Robert did a excellent job. He answered every question I had and helped me as much as possible.

Donna,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review and share your wonderful experience with J.G. Wentworth, and specifically Alex. We are proud to have both wonderful respresentatives and customers to work with. Thank you!

The J.G. Wentworth Team

Original review: June 8, 2016

I am submitting this survey to let you know that Alexandra (Alex) ** is a valuable employee at your company. She is resourceful, kind, thoughtful, professional and knows the true meaning of customer service. Alex has been working with me since April 2016, trying to get John Hancock to turn over an annuity to J.G. Wentworth that I had asked them to do for a lump sum distribution from your company. Hancock put us both through a very unprofessional turn of events and there were times I just wanted to give up and say forget it and I came close to it.

Alex though was patient, most helpful and went above and beyond what most professionals would have put up with, with all my multiple emails and my phone calls. She was most kind in allowing me to vent and to talk about my mother who recently passed. She was compassionate and it meant very much to me that she never seemed upset with me or shunned me. She always returned my emails/phone calls as quickly as possible which made me feel valuable as a client. She could teach John Hancock a lot about how to treat customers and how to do their jobs properly.

Now that I am finally at the end of this process I just wanted to ensure that Alex was recognized for her total professionalism and her humanity. Those qualities and the ones mentioned above are hard to find today and I am so thankful that Alex is the person that had my account and worked with me and hung in there with me with all the non-professionalism we put up with from John Hancock. I hope that Alex will be recognized/rewarded in some way. She is a most valuable employee to J.G. Wentworth and I am glad I had the chance to work with her.

Hi Racheal,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience with J.G. Wentworth. We are glad you had a positive experience and will share all your feedback with your representative.

Lisa

Original review: May 9, 2016

My experience with JGW was good. I wish the rep that was working with me would have stayed in touch more than he did but overall he was good!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth?

Factual basis uncertain

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your family's experience. We value your feedback and would appreciate the chance to resolve any issues. We have tried to reach you at the number you provided and will continue to do so.

Lisa

Original review: April 16, 2016

In our family, a badly disabled Dad, father and family supporter, was catastrophically injured never to work again, died of his injuries, but not before 3 2 1 Henderson Rcbs (J.G. Wentworth) ignored his health and dependents need for the income (ignoring the '03 structured settlement protection laws, proceeded to go to court to take the monthly income). In their continued persistent efforts, they arranged for a "Client attorney" to execute their contract before the court dates, stating a change of beneficiary would be made. That same "Client attorney" was informed of the Law and the Client's health and dependents, and proceeded to arrange a "Change of Will" as well as sign the contract.

After dying, EVEN WITH the judge denying that company any rights, family had the burden of changing Estate to the proper family and all the expenses as well as all the worry of these company people's relentless efforts in the not legal efforts to gain the income. Upon complaints they just stated "well, he could have changed his Will back". He was too sick and died, as well as... It was his attorney that did these contracts (their written contract). The Will change is to protect themselves and the None of this contract is valid if a Judge does not approve - seems to ignore that part.

This and the tricks they use (Name changes - official almost Government looking letters - letters of continued rights to take more income - relentless efforts - ignoring facts and dependents and not accepting calls back - flashing contracts by judges... and more) are sickening. Unless a poor family is informed and make a case in the same court room, they will have lost needed monthly income. Find a Lawyer to help. That' s a joke as well. They are out for your money and your kids' money. They don't care as well. There are laws to protect. Protect yourself and others.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

Sarah, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re happy you had a good experience- our customers mean a lot to us!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

It was a pretty good experience. Everyone was nice.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

We appreciate your feedback, Erika! We aim to provide the best service for our customers!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

My experience with J.G. Wentworth has been absolutely great! They are nice, very helpful and don't waste your time. I haven't had any problems or doubts. If I have questions, they give me the information I need. I definitely recommend them!

Susan, Thank you for taking the time to share your J.G. Wentworth

experience with others. We’re happy that you are happy!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2016

The total experience was painless, I barely had to do more than sign. Every person I talked to was friendly, helpful and informed. I would absolutely recommend J.G Wentworth. It went so smoothly and quickly. I loved that I was able to text with them as well as speak to a live person when I did call. Thank You J.G. Wentworth!

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

Matt, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to resolve this issue. Your feedback is valuable to us and we will use it to improve our services. We’ll reach out privately to begin resolving this issue.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I didn't know receive the money I thought I should. You guys kept more than what you guys needed to keep.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

Kelly, we are delighted to read your feedback about J.G. Wentworth! Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the

perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I have used J.G. Wentworth many times and I am always satisfied with their service. Devon ** is awesome and always is there for me. Love this company. Thanks.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

Thank you, Benjamin. We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re happy to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

As quick and painless as possible. Good rates with all considered. Very personable and considerate staff that helped me with my unique needs as fast as possible. All around, I'm simply satisfied with my experience.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

Bruce, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your situation. We have notified our customer service team, and they are trying to get a hold of you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

It was only shortly after my transactions with JG that I found out with help from several sources (including a lawyer who viewed all the paperwork) that I was sold short almost $350.000. My advice, seek all options before you sell anything.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Resolution response: Feb. 5, 2016

Yes after talking to Joe at JG Wentworth I was satisfied of the outcome.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

Timothy, thank you for speaking with Joe at J.G. Wentworth yesterday. We appreciated the opportunity to address your situation. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and are glad we were able to connect and clarify the situation.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

Well I feel that the amount they give you for your own money and the interest rate they give you was not right. To give someone $50,000 and only get $20,000 out of it and they make $30,000 for only having to wait for 3 years or so--that's not right. They totally screw you every chance they get, they take advantage of people that really need the money, and they know it they are bottom feeders.

Very rude and inaccurate information.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

Great feedback, Carlos! We genuinely appreciate it and we’re glad to hear that you’re happy with our service!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I was living in Charlotte NC when I completed my transaction with JG Wentworth! It allowed me to move to Cincinnati, start a family and get myself out of debt! I highly recommend working with their knowledgeable staff!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Cameron,
I am glad you and Joe were able to connect via email. We appreciate all our customers and apologize for not being in touch with you sooner. We hope to work with you in the future.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

No one contacting me via email like I was told twice. Been 3 days. Still no email from anyone. Worked with J.G. before and was nowhere near this bad communication. Other companies contacted.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements Company Profile