Call toll free
4.59/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth is the largest purchaser of future structured settlement and annuity payments in the nation and has helped thousands of customers over the past 25+ years.

Customers of J.G Wentworth can enjoy:

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

My son has a settlement and he was getting his payments yearly and so on, which was working out good since he young and did not want him wasting his money, so we were not looking to cash in. My son starting dealing with some very bad health issues and I was very worried about his health and cost for health insurance when he was unable to work. That's when we needed help, and Matt from JD came to our rescue!! It was like a helping hand from above. They are working on getting some money early so my son can get the help for his medical issues, and even giving us a loan in advance which was great to help payment towards his insurance.

They been a great help and even send people to our home to sign papers since my son cant leave the home due to his illness and taking care of all the court issues to make the transaction easy on my son. This company came through for us. I felt I would lose my son because of not having the money to cover his medical cost and waiting on money that would took years to get made things easy for us and dont have to worry or stress now knowing we will have the money to help my son and thank this company so much for their help.

Get expert buying tips about Structured Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I called to just see how the process would go and after talking to Mike I felt sure this was the way to sell some of my future annuities. I got the money from a car accident that happened when I was around 7 or 8. I don’t remember much. And I decided to sell what I sold to help in my move from California to Kansas to be with my brother and just leave the nest. In all honesty I thought it would be way harder and more stressful but after some bumps it all smoothed itself out and now I can get a car to start working on bettering myself until I’m independent.

Without J.G. Wentworth I predict my move would have been a lot more stressful down the road. I wanted to write this to thank all that helped me but most of all would be Mike, he’s the man that intrigued my interest in the company and the process and without his help I wouldn’t have finished the transfer or even known the hell I was doing. 5 stars hands down.

Hi Cisco,

We're so glad we were able to get you cash to help with the move. We wish all the best! Thanks for your business and this excellent review.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I have sold structured settlements before, and found that the process is very stressful and difficult to navigate. Clifton ** was my agent who influenced my view of how the process can be treated. Cliff really gets a lot of the credit for helping me get the best rate possible. He showed patience and dedication towards working with the complexities of my situation. Other companies will try to corner you into making a hasty decision. Not the team at JG!!

Cliff was knowledgable and sympathetic to the circumstances that make decisions like this difficult to make. Cliff took much needed time to help me fully understand all the aspects which gave me the confidence in my outcome. Cliff worked with me on every single detail. I got a payout which was way beyond what the competitors offered. Thanks Alan for helping us get there. I got a fantastic deal! Even the Judge was impressed! This transaction was a life changer for my family and myself. If you are looking to work with structured settlements or annuities and want the best deal you can get, there is no better choice than the team at JG Wentworth. Thank you so much Clifton for your time. You have made a memorable and positive impact on my family!!

Hi Jeremy,

We greatly appreciate this excellent review and it was our pleasure to help you and your family. We'll be sure to pass these kind words on to both Alan and Cliff. If you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks!

Original review: July 22, 2019

I would like to tell everyone out there not to do business with CBC, what they hadn't done in 2 months, JG Wentworth, especially Stephany, Vance & Matt have done in a matter of 3 days!! I had a court date in a matter of I believe in like 5-8 days. I go before the judge in 2 weeks!! Thank you Stephany very very much for stopping me from being so ______ over !! I just can't say enough about Stephany & Matt. Without them and their dedicated work I would probably still be waiting for the other loser company to get back with me!! Since they found out they got caught in their lies, they have been harassing me every day by phone, and by mail, and by calling my better half!!

I was awarded this monies by being in a car wreck from a company that apparently had no regards for lives of others? When they got to me I was dead, I have a brain injury, they had to reattach my tongue, and I received about 167 stitches, and a plastic surgeon told me I would pick glass, and none out of my face, head, and check for the rest of my life!! I'm return for that my lawyer and their insurance truly railroaded me for this tiny bit of money, and I have to deal with this the rest of my life every time I look in a mirror, have one of my debilitating headaches, or glass, and none decide to come out! Aren't I lucky?? In response to that had it not been for JG Wentworth, and Stephany & Matt I wouldn't be getting this so thank you very much!!

Hi Nanette,

We greatly appreciate this review and you business. We'll pass this on to Stephany, Vance, and Matt. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch right away. Thanks!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have worked with JG 2 other times in the past and I wasn't very satisfied until I got paired with Clark. He is friendly, kind, easy to talk to, smart, professional and he went way above and beyond to make everything easy and convenient for me and to almost make up for the 2 other times when I was unsatisfied. He was always available for me to speak to when I had questions or concerns. He worked with me the entire time. When I was getting larger offers from other companies like JG he matched their offers and even got me a few advance so I wasn't struggling during the time I was waiting to go to court. He also prepared me for court n gave me guidance as to what to do and bring with me to make sure I had everything the judge could possibly want from me.

He is a huge asset to JG and I would recommend JG to a friend but I'd also tell them to work with Clark. He made the whole experience enjoyable. I also really liked working with the female lawyer who accompanied me that day I went to court. While she was your lawyer she also made sure I was prepared for court and eased my nerves. This experience was fantastic and I give Clark all the credit for that!!! He's even checked up on me a few times afterwards to see how I was doing and to make sure I was being financially responsible. Again that's part of what I said about him going above and beyond!!

Nicole,

We already shared this with Clark! Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review and don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I first started working with Alex, when I needed help, My case was unusual but Alex was right there for me. I was in a hopeless status & Alex, said, "I got you" & he did!! He made the calls, he was in constant contact with me, he calmly explained everything, answered any questions. JGW ABSOLUTELY did the right thing in hiring this man, others will learn a lot from, he's that good of an agent..

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Steph is awesome to work with, very polite, professional and easy to talk to. She not only makes you comfortable with the process but also with the decision you make regarding your annuities. All around amazing gal!

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks for the great review, Kalynn. We'll get this feedback to Steph ASAP. She's great! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

The JG Wentworth team was extremely fair, friendly, helpful, and understanding! I would Recommend JG W to anyone! Fantastic! Fast! & fabulous! I was treated like a family member! the JG Wentworth team is now part of my family, and now they are on my holiday card list!

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks for the great review and recommendation! We'll keep an eye out for that holiday card. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I was very happy how Adrian handled my case and helped me get the money I was asking for. He had no problem answering any questions that I needed answers to. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking to borrow money against their structured settlement or annuity.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks for the great review! We'll pass this feedback along to Adrian. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I've been dealing with JG since June 2019. After getting quotes from other companies I decided to go with them because they are "the best in the industry". They claimed that the process was easy once approved and I would have my money within 1-2 days of approval. I went to court THREE weeks ago (9/27) and got approved and have still not received my funds. Every time I reach out to them, they claim they are waiting for approval from another state. They knew that my settlement was assigned in another state from the very beginning and should have had this handled in unison with my hearing or prior. I spoke to a manager back in August and anytime I call in and ask for him he is either out of the office or in a meeting. Not to mention, the receptionist that answers has raised her voice towards me twice now.

I have had a notary come out on 4 different occasions (to my home and work) due to their lack of organization. After getting approved I asked them for documents I am entitled to, seeing as this is my money, and they say they do not have access to this. My transaction is not a small one and I just want to be treated like my business is important. They are a HUGE corporation and act like these transactions mean nothing to them. Their communication is absolutely horrible and I am tired of chasing them for answers and information.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements Company Information