4.58/5
Based on 59 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth is the largest purchaser of future structured settlement and annuity payments in the nation and has helped thousands of customers over the past 25+ years.

Customers of J.G Wentworth can enjoy:

- Personalized Solutions

J.G. Wentworth Video
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 27, 2018

77 J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I am so thankful and greatly impressed by the dedication Shawn ** gave to my mother and brother. He has helped us find out information about a settlement that happened many years ago to my brother. He definitely went way beyond my expectations and I only have high remakes to say about him. Thank you so much Shawn.

Hi Jean,

This is great to hear. We'll pass your kind words on to Shawn. He's one of the best people we have and we're glad he was able to help you and your family. Please feel free to reach out if you need help again in the future. Thanks!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Everything we've discussed was right to the point, and very helpful, and I felt very at ease with JG Wentworth! I was very happy with the wonderful lady that I spoke with and am so relieved on the outcome!

Hi Kimberly,

We're so glad to hear our team was able to put you at ease. The process of selling your future payments can be complicated at times, which is why clear communication is so important. We really appreciate the kind words and, if you ever need help again in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My experience with you guys was smooth and on time. But I recently checked with my insurance company MetLife, and I believe I'm missing some future payments that I didn't sell. I just need to see our last transactions to see what I missed.

Hi Albert,

We will address this immediately. A private message will be coming your way so we can connect you with the appropriate customer service representative to resolve this. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I shopped around before I chose JG. I found the best rates with them. The person I've spoken with since I started the process was Alan ** and he has been amazing. He's very helpful, and answered every question I've had. We got stuck with a more lengthy issue but he has been keeping me up to date every step of the way. I appreciate all of the help.

Destiny,

This is the highest praise we can possibly receive. Thank you for doing your due diligence and making your choice based on our offer and excellent customer service. Alan is a consummate professional, so we'll make sure to pass your kind words on to him. If you ever need help again in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a great 2018!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

J.G. Wentworth has made my experience wonderful and very easy! My account executive Kenneth, was very helpful and took his time to explain every step of the way so that I understood everything. He made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. The whole company is very nice and know how to treat customers right! I’m so glad I chose to sell a part of my structured settlement to J.G. Wentworth.

Hi Savannah,

What a great review! We're glad to hear Kenneth took such good care of you. He's one of the best! If you ever need any help again in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks and Happy New Year!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I recently contact JG Wentworth to sell some of my Annuity to have money for paying off my college loans as well as purchase stuff for the holidays, I am currently working with Tom and he is a very profound worker and has answered any questions I had about anything. Tom told me I would get my advance payment of $500 within a day and that's exactly how long it took before Fed Ex overnight delivered it. I'm still waiting on a hearing date, my $3,000 as well as my Amazon gift card but I'm not worried at all, after my hearing date I was told it wouldn't be long before I received the full refund and also I'm suppose to get an extra $300 uploaded to my prepaid card provided by this company. I am very happy with how much Tom has helped me and everything has been quick so far.

Trashonda,

Thanks for the kind words. We strive to get our customers their cash as quickly as possible, so we're thrilled to hear that Tom is taking such good care of you. Have a great holiday season!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I would definitely recommend to a friend. I think the J.G. Wentworth company has great employees who have great customer service skills. They know what they're doing. They know and understand the customers' needs. They're very friendly and quick with things. They don't try to get you to do things that you don't want to do unlike other companies.

Hi Samantha,

We really appreciate the recommendation and the kind words. Our customers always come first and we're thrilled to hear you had such a positive experience. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help again in the future. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I am very pleased with my transaction through J.G. Wentworth. I decided to sell because we were without a car and I have two small children. I worked with Alan ** through it all and he was very polite and professional. He helped me get a larger lump sum to get me a car and now I have two and some change in my pocket. I would recommend them to anyone.

Hi Melissa,

Alan is the best! We're glad he helped you find an option to get you some cash up front to take care of the car while still leaving you with some extra. If you ever need help in the future, don't hesitate to reach out again. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I just want to say thank you very much. Alejandro ** was very helpful. Anytime I needed a question answered he was right there. If I were to recommend JGW to anyone I would give them Alejandro's name hands down. I appreciate y'all helping me out!

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for the awesome review! We know this is a big decision and we're extremely grateful that you put your trust in us to get you the cash you need from your structured settlement. If you ever need help again, please don't hesitate to contact Alejandro. Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Where to begin... First off I submitted my first contract with JGW only to find out a week before my court date, about a month from when we started, that it was filed in the wrong court and my new court date was over 45 later. Then for weeks I was told they were working on trying to get me an earlier court date. Their excuse was that the court was booked up and no court date was available. I finally contacted the court clerk myself and asked if there was any way I could get a sooner court date, even if it was just a week. They said it was no problem and could accommodate. I called my contact at JGW and very shortly after, I was told there was no way possible due to rules governing the sale/transfer that I would be able to move it up that week and that I would have to wait. If that was the case then why string me along for weeks with the hope of an earlier court date. I was furious!

Next, I went over the funding of the sale numerous times with my JGW contact and he clearly told me, numerous times, if I was able to walk out with a copy of the signed court order and scan/email him the copy... He would be able to wire transfer the funds that day. I did just that all before 11am and he confirmed he received it. It is now the end of the business day and yet still no funds and his excuse is the phone lines and email have been down, yet I was somehow still receiving emails from him. Part of my decision to sell to JGW was that they promised me they would fund day of if I provided that signed court order. I do not see myself doing business with them again in the future with these shady tactics. Be cautious...

Gabriel,

We've spent a fair amount of time researching this matter and escalated it to the appropriate manager who confirmed he spoke with you. We understand the frustration this caused you and can't apologize enough.

Please rest assured that we are not in the business of making promises we can't keep, however, sometimes events happen that are simply out of our control.

In your case, it was some nasty weather paired with some unexpected technical issues on our end that caused the delays. The technical issues have since been resolved and we appreciate your patience while we worked through them.

Please know we value you as a customer and appreciate your honest feedback. We sincerely hope your conversations with our manager restored your faith in our company. Thanks and take care.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

The experience with JG Wentworth was great. I worked with Alejandro ** and he was very knowledgeable, patient, and got the mission accomplished! The whole process was fairly quick and simple.They were there every step of the way. I got my money! Thanks so much guys!

Hi Valerie,

Reviews like this make us beyond happy! Thank you for sharing your experience. If you ever need help again, don't hesitate to contact Alex. Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Yes my acct executive Clark ** told me my deposit would be in my acct on the Sept 12 or 13. And it isn't. I have the emails to prove it. In all of my other sales it's 2 days money in acct and this time I even had 9 am court time. So now my electric is off.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I really enjoyed working with Shawn. He has been absolutely great to work with. I would recommend him to anyone that's in need of a transaction like this. Thanks again for everything. You have really made this a smooth and comfortable transaction.

Hi LaTris,

It was a pleasure working with you and we appreciate the recommendation. Best of luck! Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

They were good and pretty quick handling the things it takes to receive your money but they do take a big chunk out of the original amount but I guess that's the norm in that sorta business. However on my final amount of 25 thousand they started off only offering me eight thousand which seemed extreme but it was quite a few years away from maturity. Overall I got what I was after and that's the bottom line.

Billy,

We really appreciate the feedback. A customer service agent will be in touch to discuss what we can do to improve for future transactions. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

The experience that I had with J.G. Wentworth was definitely worth me withdrawing the money that I was having trouble getting out on my own. Shawn ** was very helpful and extremely thorough when explaining my options. There wasn't any pressure to make decisions. He contacted me regularly regarding my case. J.G. Wentworth's team went straight to work, and I received my money quicker than I had imagined. Well done to all the people at J.G. Wentworth for being great at what you do. I'll definitely refer people your way!

Elisa,

We greatly appreciate the kind words. We know the decision to sell your payments is not to be taken lightly and we're grateful you put your trust in us. If you need any help in the future, please don't hesitate to contact Shawn. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I have been doing business with JG since 2007 and have continued to do so. I have been very pleased with them. I highly recommend them to anyone that is interested in a transaction. My transactions have always been taking care of immediately. I will continue to do business with them.

Margaret,

This is the highest praise we can possibly get! We greatly appreciate your loyalty and look forward to our continued working relationship. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Michael ** is always here to answer my questions very thoroughly, he has treated me more than fairly in his assistance with getting me quotes, helping me with immediate needs with the tools he has such as cash advances and guiding me through the court process. Without the assistance of Michael ** I don't know if I would have went through with any transactions.

Shawn,

We appreciate the kind words and are glad Michael was able to provide great service. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Was great help on transactions from my settlement. Pretty fast turn around and also great customer service. Definitely will use again. Was very helpful on any kind of question I had and always had a answer to everything. Never left me with an unanswered question and that's where great customer service comes in as well as respectful.

Hi Ryan,

Glad to hear we earned your confidence and future business. We'll always be here to answer your questions, do don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks for the kind words!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Overall the process was pretty easy, I would say that the pain points were primarily not having documents ready for the court date, and having to do a continuance forcing me to take multiple days off work to show up to court. Also received a follow up check to see if I wanted to make another sale, that insinuated I could have gotten a better deal does not give confidence that the company had my best interest in the deal. "... This is Marcus **with J.G. Wentworth, I ran across your info in our system, just wanted to shoot you a quick call in regards to your account. It seems we were able to manipulate a few numbers with us to get you a much better deal."

Given my overall distrust in the settlement funding industry due to the constant harassment for the last few decades, JG Wentworth while they did a settlement that eventually got what I needed, did nothing to instill confidence in the process. In fact ensured that I would not use them in the future with constant follow up harassment that actually indicated JG Wentworth had previously done a bad deal on my behalf.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

It was a great experience. My representative did well with me and was always there to answer my questions and concerns. Got a lower interest rate before judge made the choice which was a better rate than before and helped out as well.

Hi Austin,

We appreciate the kind words and are glad we were able to get such a great deal! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help in the future. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Casey was awesome. He took time to explain everything to me and answer any questions I had. I really appreciate all the work and help that was given to me. The process was way better of experience than what I thought it was going to be.

Hi Senurita,

We're thrilled to hear we exceeded your expectations! Thanks for the kind words. Please don't hesitate to contact us for anything you may need in the future. Cheers!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I was fortunate to have done business with JG Wentworth this spring and could not be more satisfied. The process was smooth with easy to provide documentation and a simple application. My rep, Michael ** walked me through the whole process ensuring there were no surprises. I would have no problem working with JG Wentworth again.

Michael,

Thanks for the kind words! We welcome the opportunity to work together again, should you need us. Cheers!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

After researching and receiving several quotes from companies like J.G. Wentworth, I have finally agreed to go into contract with J.G. Wentworth. I find the contract to be very reasonable, more than fair. This contract will allow me to put a significant down payment on my dream home. Michael ** made me feel very comfortable and he has been very accommodating during this entire process from the beginning until the end. Thank you so much Michael and J.G. Wentworth.

Hi Charisma,

We're so glad that you put your confidence in us and that Michael is taking good care of you! We look forward to seeing pictures of your dream home when you move in! Thanks for the kind words and good luck!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Cliff was great, well efficient, explained everything step by step... Made me feel comfortable every step of the way! He was realistic about when things would come and gave me a layout of the process! Thanks for everything. I would definitely recommend J.G. Wentworth.

Aubrey,

We strive to make the process as simple and efficient as possible for our customers, and appreciate your positive feedback. We will be sure to pass your 5 star review on to Cliff!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Having worked with J. G. Wentworth in the past, I knew the process would be smooth. That is why I was more than comfortable contacting them again. They have been helpful every step of the way, even with a few complications from my end. Mr. ** and Mr. ** both assisted me by providing a reliable option to my financial endeavors. Everyone I spoke with has been courteous and answered any questions I had during the transaction. After getting a judge's approval, I was funded in under a week. I appreciate everything they have done for me and my family. I highly recommend working with J. G. Wentworth.

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review and share your J.G. Wentworth experiences with others. We love working with new and existing customers, and are so glad to hear all your sales have gone smoothly.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Had the best experience with JG Wentworth! Casey was awesome, always answered calls/texts right away and always was on point with any question I had for him! It was a great experience. I will definitely recommend JG Wentworth to people and I would like to thank this company for the wonderful experience!

Hi Lizmara,

Casey is awesome, and our customers are as well! Thank you for working with us and we hope to work with you again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

JGW was a wonderful experience. I'm glad I did what I did. No regrets! Casey, my advisor, was very helpful. Couldn't be here today without him. Thank you. If I ever have any other business dealing with anything that regards you guys I will not be hesitant to call.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Tyler, Thank you for your five star review! We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience, and the positive feelings about working together again in the future are mutual!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I worked with Mike on my last transaction, which was a good choice! He worked diligently at trying to get our agreement as close to what I was needing at the time! He's very knowledgeable at what he does & pleasant to work with! I am very educated at these transactions, and I liked most that he didn't talk down to me - or condescend me in any way!

Charlene,

We appreciate the kind words. Mike knows his stuff! We're glad he got you a great deal and educated you on the process as well. Please keep us in mind for anything you may need in the future. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Very help and understanding trying to get me closed out so when I got approved I could get my money as fast he could. I would if I ever took out money again I would like to deal with Mike. I thank you for the help that was giving to me in getting the best offer.

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the kind review! We welcome the opportunity to work together again, should the need arise. Cheers!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Satisfied that the process is finally over. Time period was fairly quick considering a few glitches and requests for information previously provided by me. Some issues could have been handled more efficiently, but I have a little more peace of mind now. The only thing I dread is the thought of having to deal with endless calls I know I will be receiving regarding the remainder of my settlement, and whether I would be willing to go through all this crap again.

Hi Erick,

We greatly appreciate the honest feedback.

We are not in the business of harassing our customers to complete multiple transactions, unlike some other companies in this industry. We will happily respect your wishes and have added you to our "Do Not Contact" list. However, if you happen to need any help in the future, transactional or otherwise, our line will always be open for you.

We're always looking for opportunities to improve. Although your experience was relatively easy, we'd still like to know what specific aspects of the transaction you found frustrating so we can relay that to our purchasing team. Please feel free to send us a private message with the details.

Thanks!

www.jgwentworth.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use