J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements
4.72/5

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth is the largest purchaser of future structured settlement and annuity payments in the nation and has helped thousands of customers over the past 25+ years.

Customers of J.G Wentworth can enjoy:

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

170 J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: March 13, 2019

I have worked with JG 2 other times in the past and I wasn't very satisfied until I got paired with Clark. He is friendly, kind, easy to talk to, smart, professional and he went way above and beyond to make everything easy and convenient for me and to almost make up for the 2 other times when I was unsatisfied. He was always available for me to speak to when I had questions or concerns. He worked with me the entire time. When I was getting larger offers from other companies like JG he matched their offers and even got me a few advance so I wasn't struggling during the time I was waiting to go to court. He also prepared me for court n gave me guidance as to what to do and bring with me to make sure I had everything the judge could possibly want from me.

He is a huge asset to JG and I would recommend JG to a friend but I'd also tell them to work with Clark. He made the whole experience enjoyable. I also really liked working with the female lawyer who accompanied me that day I went to court. While she was your lawyer she also made sure I was prepared for court and eased my nerves. This experience was fantastic and I give Clark all the credit for that!!! He's even checked up on me a few times afterwards to see how I was doing and to make sure I was being financially responsible. Again that's part of what I said about him going above and beyond!!

Nicole,

We already shared this with Clark! Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review and don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help again.

Get expert buying tips about Structured Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I contacted JG Wentworth because I was in need of money immediately to find a place to stay, buy a car and complete school. JG Wentworth made the process easy, they answered all of my questions, I never felt pressured or concerned about them not being fair. Adrian and the team were super nice and professional at all times. They gave me a great offer and even with a slight hiccup in the process they kept me encouraged and worked through the issue. After the approval I was shocked at how quickly the money was funded. I can truly say that thanks to JG Wentworth I will have a stable place to live, complete my education and have reliable transportation to and from work.

Nasir,

It was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for this stellar review and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help again. We wish you all the best.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have a large policy which I’ve been selling in chunks over the last 10 years in as rates have improved. In total I’ve done 4 transactions with JGW with the 3 most recent ones being in 2017, 2018, and 2019. Mike ** helped me with the 3 most recent deals. He conducted himself with the utmost integrity and fought unbelievably hard for my business. He was always upfront with me and accessible when I had questions. They say you can’t get great service, great quality and a great price all in one company, but JGW has consistently disproven that. Thank you Mike and JGW team!

Max,

Thank you for the excellent review! We greatly value your business and the trust you've placed in our company over the past few years. You are a pleasure to work with and, should you ever need our help again, we'll be there for you. Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

It went pretty simple, well explained from the jump! I received everything they honored from the start. Met another company’s offer. Stephany ** was great to work with. She was there for me anytime I needed her. At the end after my court date some of my paperwork got messed up. But with a team between Stephany’s help, I was able to get some paperwork which was able to get my account funded! Due to Stephany it was as promised on date. I have a lot to be thankful for!! J. G. Wentworth is a great company to go thru if you are wanting to cash in your annuity!!!

Tanya,

Thank you for the stellar review. Being there for our customers is what it's all about and Stephany is one of the best. If you ever need help again in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

If I told you that Jenna ** did a great job, It wouldn’t do her justice. She ensured a high offer, quick processing, timely and accurate communication and most of all... sincerity! I think we’ve received 1.5 billion calls, (OK, maybe a slight exaggeration) from individuals trying to buy my wife’s settlement. It so damn annoying, not just because it’s uninvited, but because a lack of sincerity. From the start, Jenna was truly interested in what was best for us. She contacted us often enough to ensure we knew exactly where we were in the process, but wasn't over-bearing. She answered every question immediately, or she got the correct info quickly.

What else I was shocked about was the quickness of payment. I knew her offer was good, since it was the highest, but it even impressed our judge, who almost denied us because it was more than we needed. (Tough judge). She got us the desperately needed advance and the actual funding less than a week after judicial approval. This is our 3rd time doing this and never before has our experience come close to this smooth. I really wish we would’ve come to her the other times. Oh well, better late than never. Thanks Jenna!

James,

Please believe us when we say this is one of the best reviews we have ever received. People like Jenna are what makes our company successful, so we greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We'll be sure to pass the kind words onto Jenna and, if you ever need help again in the future, you know who to call. Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth?

Original review: April 25, 2019

Mark ** has been so helpful and professional in handling my sale of Alliance Life Insurance policy number ** to JG Wentworth. Dealing with Mark throughout this process has been a pleasant experience for both my husband and myself. We thought it would take months for this sale to be completed, but only took a few weeks. Thank you for your speedy resolve with completing this sale. And a big thanks to Mark Lanorio for his patience and knowledge. It would be a pleasure to work with Mark again if the chance should ever occur again.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

We appreciate the kind words, Carolyn. We'll be sure to pass them onto Mark. Thanks for taking the time to post a review and please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need us again.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Very good experience working with Mike **, from JG Wentworth!! He was extremely helpful with the process, from start to finish. So Grateful for their help in getting my money, when I need it the most. We all go through hardships, but knowing there is a great company that will help, is PRICELESS!! Thanks Mike, JG Wentworth as a Team. Hope all the best for All. Eric

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks for the review, Eric! If you ever need anything in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Original review: April 18, 2019

Every time I used your services (3) I went thru Eva. She's friendly and professional, in general a great asset to your company. She was always a real quick email away and replied super quickly... Thanks Eva, and I hope you get a raise or promotion. :)

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

We love getting reviews like this, Jeremy! Eva is the best and we'll be sure to pass this feedback onto her. Thanks for letting us know!

Original review: April 17, 2019

My Experience with J.G. Wentworth was awesome! James was amazing, always helped with any questions that I had and guided me through the processes as we went forward! I Highly recommend using their services if you’re needing to sell your annuity. James always made sure I understood the contact as well as send texts and phone calls about the progress.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

We really appreciate the review, Aimee, and glad to hear James was so thorough. If you ever need anything in the future, we're here for you.

Original review: April 15, 2019

They lie constantly saying tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow whenever shows up company. If I wanted empty promises I would go down to my local church. I don't see how they say I want my money. I want it now whenever they can't do nothing. Now it's always two three weeks.

Lantz,

Our team is working diligently to get your funds issued ASAP. Please reach out to Mike or Whitney for any additional questions/concerns. We appreciate your patience. Thanks.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Eva ** has been extremely helpful and attentive during the process of transferring ownership of my uncles annuity in order to liquidate funds to use for medical care support. This has been a very long procedure that was new to me. Eva called frequently to assist and update news during the process. Thank you to her!

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks for the great review, Maryann! We appreciate the feedback. If you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out!

Original review: April 11, 2019

Alex helped me in every way and made my experience worth it. I will definitely refer them and him to family and friend members. He kept me me updated from day to day as to when I would receive payment. Thank you, Alex.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thank you for the stellar review, Kari. We greatly appreciate the feedback and your recommendation. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help again!

Original review: April 1, 2019

So I worked with Mark ** and he was so awesome from day one, he helped me out so much. Even if I called a lot and bugged a lot cause I have major anxiety he stayed calm with me and did not get annoyed with me one bit and that I can respect a lot!! Since I got the money from my Annuity I was able to get a new car, fix my old car, pay rent on time, pay off some debts, and get back to work doing Lyft and Uber!! I’m so thankful for JG Wentworth and Mark. If you need your cash now for sure call JG Wentworth!!

Kyle,

We're so glad to hear that Mark helped you turn things around. Thanks for sharing and don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help again!

Original review: April 1, 2019

IT was a pleasure to work with Mark from J.G. Wentworth. He made it very easy for me. He is very courteous and respectful and professional. Answered any questions I had and made it a very smooth transition. Made me very comfortable. I appreciate everything he did to make it easy for me. A true asset to the company. Thank You.

Angelo,

We appreciate the feedback and will pass it on to Mark. Thank you for taking the time to post this review and please don't hesitate to reach out to Mark if you need further assistance.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Adrian was super helpful with this process. It was not an easy decision for me to reach out to JG Wentworth but Adrian made everything so simple and straight forward. He was very personable and I felt like he actually cared. He held himself to a high standard professionally and always kept his word. The text line was super helpful. His customer service was excellent and he always made himself available and I felt like I was super prepared going into the courtroom.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks for the review, Lauryn! We'll be sure to pass this excellent feedback to Adrian. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help again!

Original review: March 7, 2019

All things taken care of by Eva ** were handled in the utmost of professionalism and care for my thoughts and concerns as to the outcome thereof. All calls were answered in a timely fashion, and answers to my questions were spot on and made me more confident in JG Wentworth's ability to answer my needs.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Eva is the best and we appreciate you letting the world know! Seriously, thank you for taking the time to post a review. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help again!

Original review: March 7, 2019

J.G. Wentworth purchased my structured settlement in a professional and timely manner and to my satisfaction. Devon kept in constant contact with me throughout the whole process and made it understanding to me and my wife what I was receiving in the purchase for my structured settlement. Devon was a pleasure speaking/texting to each other and appreciate her professionalism.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

We appreciate the kind review, Mark. Thanks for taking the time to post and don't hesitate to reach out if you need help again.

Original review: March 2, 2019

They call non-stop even after I have repeatedly said I would call them if I needed their services. They call so often. I screen all of my calls from unknown numbers. They are harassers and I do not appreciate their aggressive selling tactics. I really wish they'd go away but they never do.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Sorry to hear about this. We will happily add you to our Do Not Contact list and remove you from future marketing campaigns. If you ever need our assistance in the future, do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I am beyond please with my experience. Stephany ** made the whole process very easy. I do live in NY and the process usually takes a bit longer than other states but Stephany was constantly checking in and updating me. JG Wentworth took care of all the paperwork and fees. I also got the best rate in comparison to what other companies were offering. All I had to do was have my paperwork organized to send in. I highly recommend JG Wentworth!

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Stephany is a true professional and we're glad to hear the process was so easy for you. Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Alex was the BEST. Absolutely polite and great communication with any questions. Didn't make me feel like I was asking too many questions or a bother. He made my transaction super pain free and I already got what I need so desperately out of it. I would in a heartbeat recommend you guys and Alex to anyone. Great job and keep up the good work. You don’t know how much this meant to me. Thank you so much for all your help and the speediness and the quick response time.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks for the great review, Alicia! We really appreciate the business and will pass your feedback on to Alex. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help in the future.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Everything went smoothly as it has in the past. The weekly update calls leading up to court felt unnecessary and intrusive, but I guess you can't fault for too much customer service? Might have felt differently had I not had any experience with the process - maybe just understand your client and their needs better.

Hi Kirsten,

We appreciate the feedback. We work hard to be as thorough as possible leading up to court but we're sorry if that felt intrusive, especially since you've worked with us before. We'll be sure to pass this on to the purchasing team. Regardless, we can't thank you enough for trusting us enough to complete multiple transactions with you. If you ever need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Fast process, excellent support and communication with JGW, Matt ** and his team these people are true professionals. Pure success with customers making things happen. Matt was the front line from the first phone call in to the final done deal, it was nice to have that kind of contact.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks for the great review, Dave! We really appreciate it. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help in the future.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I am currently in the process of finalizing a second transaction with JG Wentworth. Both times the transactions have been smooth. They help you get YOUR cash when YOU need it most. Special thanks to Michael ** and the crew!

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the great review and your continued business with us. We look forward to getting this second transaction finalized for you. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions/concerns. Have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I was working with Adrien, and I must say he did a wonderful job and was extremely helpful. He answered any questions that I had and made sure I understood everything. While waiting for a court date he checked in and seemed to genuinely care. Great customer service, and as a customer service rep myself, I would say he needs recognized for his hard work.

Jennifer,

What an awesome review! We greatly your business and that you took the time to share your experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help again in the future. Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Mr Adrian ** is probably the best dude out there to contact. I meant nice family spirit and a friendly voice. I definitely recommend a raise. If this man doesnt get a raise then I mean your mistreating a valuable asset.

Hi Kevin,

We'll be sure to recommend a raise to Adrian's boss! We appreciate your business and this excellent review. Please don't hesitate to contact Adrian if you need help again. Thanks!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Anthony exceeded my expectations! He answered any questions I had before I had them. He was totally awesome. He got me the most money out of everyone that I called. He didn't pressure me into the situation even when I told him that I was thinking about backing out. The process went smooth and I received my money fast. I would recommend them every time and anytime.

Hi Tyrie,

Anthony knows what good business is all about and we're glad to hear he took such great care of you. We greatly appreciate your business and the fact that you took time to write such a great review. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Anthony if you ever need help again. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Adrian is a amazing person, he relates to you, he understand where you come from and always checks in just to see how you're doing. I would definitely recommend him for a promotion or raise or employee of the month at least because Adrian is a outstanding person that's an overachiever and a outstanding employee for J.G Wentworth.

Hi Blake,

Adrian is awesome and we're glad you had such a good experience. We appreciate your business and you taking the time to write such a kind review. Don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need help again. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Jenna ** was very thorough, kind, and helpful. She was always available to answer all questions. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience. The process was quick and simple. I would definitely recommend and glad I chose JG Wentworth.

Hi Danielle,

We appreciate the review and recommendation. We'll pass this on to Jenna. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help again in the future. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Dan was SUCH a great help to me. He helped me get the option I was looking for in a timely manner and with smooth sailing! He kept me up to speed on everything that was going on and answered any question I had!

Hi Jordan,

We're all about smooth sailing. Thanks for the great review. We'll be sure to pass it on to Dan. If you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Ray with JG was a class act. He guided me through the process from beginning to end. He was prompt with all responses and very personal. I definitely recommend Ray for any inquisitions for policy transfers/sale of any annuity payments. JG funded my sale very quickly and was very transparent with everything through the process.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks Juan! We appreciate the great review. Ray is the best! Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help again.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements Company Information