J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements
4.53/5

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth is the largest purchaser of future structured settlement and annuity payments in the nation and has helped thousands of customers over the past 25+ years.

Customers of J.G Wentworth can enjoy:

View More View More

186 J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I called to just see how the process would go and after talking to Mike I felt sure this was the way to sell some of my future annuities. I got the money from a car accident that happened when I was around 7 or 8. I don’t remember much. And I decided to sell what I sold to help in my move from California to Kansas to be with my brother and just leave the nest. In all honesty I thought it would be way harder and more stressful but after some bumps it all smoothed itself out and now I can get a car to start working on bettering myself until I’m independent.

Without J.G. Wentworth I predict my move would have been a lot more stressful down the road. I wanted to write this to thank all that helped me but most of all would be Mike, he’s the man that intrigued my interest in the company and the process and without his help I wouldn’t have finished the transfer or even known the hell I was doing. 5 stars hands down.

Get expert buying tips about Structured Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I would like to tell everyone out there not to do business with CBC, what they hadn't done in 2 months, JG Wentworth, especially Stephany, Vance & Matt have done in a matter of 3 days!! I had a court date in a matter of I believe in like 5-8 days. I go before the judge in 2 weeks!! Thank you Stephany very very much for stopping me from being so ______ over !! I just can't say enough about Stephany & Matt. Without them and their dedicated work I would probably still be waiting for the other loser company to get back with me!! Since they found out they got caught in their lies, they have been harassing me every day by phone, and by mail, and by calling my better half!!

I was awarded this monies by being in a car wreck from a company that apparently had no regards for lives of others? When they got to me I was dead, I have a brain injury, they had to reattach my tongue, and I received about 167 stitches, and a plastic surgeon told me I would pick glass, and none out of my face, head, and check for the rest of my life!! I'm return for that my lawyer and their insurance truly railroaded me for this tiny bit of money, and I have to deal with this the rest of my life every time I look in a mirror, have one of my debilitating headaches, or glass, and none decide to come out! Aren't I lucky?? In response to that had it not been for JG Wentworth, and Stephany & Matt I wouldn't be getting this so thank you very much!!

Hi Nanette,

We greatly appreciate this review and you business. We'll pass this on to Stephany, Vance, and Matt. If you need anything at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch right away. Thanks!

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have worked with JG 2 other times in the past and I wasn't very satisfied until I got paired with Clark. He is friendly, kind, easy to talk to, smart, professional and he went way above and beyond to make everything easy and convenient for me and to almost make up for the 2 other times when I was unsatisfied. He was always available for me to speak to when I had questions or concerns. He worked with me the entire time. When I was getting larger offers from other companies like JG he matched their offers and even got me a few advance so I wasn't struggling during the time I was waiting to go to court. He also prepared me for court n gave me guidance as to what to do and bring with me to make sure I had everything the judge could possibly want from me.

He is a huge asset to JG and I would recommend JG to a friend but I'd also tell them to work with Clark. He made the whole experience enjoyable. I also really liked working with the female lawyer who accompanied me that day I went to court. While she was your lawyer she also made sure I was prepared for court and eased my nerves. This experience was fantastic and I give Clark all the credit for that!!! He's even checked up on me a few times afterwards to see how I was doing and to make sure I was being financially responsible. Again that's part of what I said about him going above and beyond!!

Nicole,

We already shared this with Clark! Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review and don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need help again.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I contacted JG Wentworth because I was in need of money immediately to find a place to stay, buy a car and complete school. JG Wentworth made the process easy, they answered all of my questions, I never felt pressured or concerned about them not being fair. Adrian and the team were super nice and professional at all times. They gave me a great offer and even with a slight hiccup in the process they kept me encouraged and worked through the issue. After the approval I was shocked at how quickly the money was funded. I can truly say that thanks to JG Wentworth I will have a stable place to live, complete my education and have reliable transportation to and from work.

Nasir,

It was a pleasure working with you! Thank you for this stellar review and please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help again. We wish you all the best.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

If I told you that Jenna ** did a great job, It wouldn’t do her justice. She ensured a high offer, quick processing, timely and accurate communication and most of all... sincerity! I think we’ve received 1.5 billion calls, (OK, maybe a slight exaggeration) from individuals trying to buy my wife’s settlement. It so damn annoying, not just because it’s uninvited, but because a lack of sincerity. From the start, Jenna was truly interested in what was best for us. She contacted us often enough to ensure we knew exactly where we were in the process, but wasn't over-bearing. She answered every question immediately, or she got the correct info quickly.

What else I was shocked about was the quickness of payment. I knew her offer was good, since it was the highest, but it even impressed our judge, who almost denied us because it was more than we needed. (Tough judge). She got us the desperately needed advance and the actual funding less than a week after judicial approval. This is our 3rd time doing this and never before has our experience come close to this smooth. I really wish we would’ve come to her the other times. Oh well, better late than never. Thanks Jenna!

James,

Please believe us when we say this is one of the best reviews we have ever received. People like Jenna are what makes our company successful, so we greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We'll be sure to pass the kind words onto Jenna and, if you ever need help again in the future, you know who to call. Thanks!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Working with JG was great... very fast, efficient service. My representative was Adrian and he was amazing, answered everything I needed and kept me fully informed and on top of all of my documents and other paperwork... very fast process. I would definitely recommend.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I called this place J.G. Wentworth to get some cash. I have a lawsuit pending for a million dollar and the person talking to was so disrespectful, talking so ugly and nasty. I don’t recommend it to nobody.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

I called JG Wentworth because I need some money off of my structured settlement. I don't agree with the difference in the amount that y'all's companies Peachtree, JG, and the rest of y'all's companies offer the sellers. I'm sure there's room for improvement on y'all's end but to the average person they probably never bat an eye because I tell you y'all are good at what y'all do. Kai ended up helping me and as far as he goes y'all should give him a raise and quite possibly a promotion because he's a hard worker and he has class. I talked to countless employees. Can't say the same as the experience I had every time KAI assisted me. I do appreciate the opportunity Kai and JG. I was pleased overall!

Original review: July 15, 2019

Matt was the most amazing guy I think you have. He was beyond helpful and came thru like he said. Top notch service. Always keep tabs on me to see how I was. Seemed very concerned on how I was. Made me feel welcome.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks for this excellent review, William! We'll be sure to pass this feedback on to Matt. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help again.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 12, 2019

Updated on 07/18/2019: Well after complaining about their phone calls, the calls did stop for a couple of days. I just hope that they will stop calling me. I haven't received any calls but today they have a new tactic. I checked my mail and I opened an unmarked envelope. Guess what was inside of the envelope. They mailed me a credit/debit card. I immediately cut that card up and threw the pieces in the trash. I just wish that they just leave me alone.

Original review: I needed money a couple of years ago when I lived out of state and an emergency took place. Since I'll be getting payments from a structured settlement in a couple of years someone suggested JG Wentworth. I took their advice and got a small portion of my structured settlement. I needed money that one time and I don't think that I'll need a loan ever again. Well, JG Wentworth doesn't understand the word NO. I've been harassed by email, phone calls, and messages. I told them that I needed money that one time and never again. I told them to leave me alone. Did they? Hell no. The harassment has increased and I'm sick of it. I changed my phone number and they got the new number. If you want to be constantly bothered, then this is the company for you. I'll never do business with this company ever again. They don't take no for an answer.

Hi Mark,

We sincerely apologize for the continued attempts to contact you. We will mark your account accordingly. You may receive an additional mailer because our lists are generated a few weeks in advance, but that should be it. Although it's unlikely, please feel free to contact us if you ever need assistance in the future. Thanks.

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements Company Information