4.3/5 (86 ratings)

About JG Wentworth Structured Settlements

JG Wentworth offers lump-sum cash alternatives to structured settlements or annuity payments. Whether the payments are from settlements, annuities or casino and lottery winnings, the company provides fast cash buyouts and flexible options for each customer. The company offers signing bonuses and cash advances and includes a best-price guarantee with all purchases.

Pros

• Best-price guarantee
  • Customized options
  • Free quotes

Cons

• Payments may take up to three weeks
  • Credit score impact

Bottom Line

JG Wentworth is a lump-sum payment provider for annuities and settlements from lawsuits, lottery winnings and other sources. It makes cash available typically within three weeks, and fees range up to 15%.

Top JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JG Wentworth Structured Settlements?

Verified

I have been working with Tim over the past couple of months, almost a year. My experience has been wonderful so far. If I have to make any other arrangements with anything, I will...

Verified

My worker or agent was very good at keeping me up to date and helping me with any questions and whatever I had along the way to get thru the whole process..You couldn't ask for a ...

How does JG Wentworth work?

JG Wentworth offers lump-sum payments to people who receive installment payments through a structured settlement or annuity. Structured settlements or annuities may have payouts lasting 30 years or more — JG Wentworth offers cash buyout alternatives that give customers immediate funds.

Call or fill out a form on the company’s website, and a representative will contact you within 24 hours. The JG Wentworth agent will help you arrange a lump-sum payment if you’re interested in cashing in a settlement. Its representatives help draw up the terms of your contract before having it approved by a judge. You typically receive your funds within two to three weeks after the contract is finalized.

How much does JG Wentworth charge?

The cost of selling your annuity or settlement to JG Wentworth varies based on the details of the agreement. Typically, JG Wentworth's fees range from 9% to 15% of the asset's total value. Its representatives provide free quotes over the phone to help you evaluate the cost of cashing in your structured settlement, winnings or annuity.

The company also offers a best-price guarantee to ensure you’re getting a good value for your assets.

JG Wentworth FAQ

How much money does JG Wentworth take from settlements?
JG Wentworth fees can range from 9% to 15%, depending on the details of your structured settlement or annuity. You can request a free quote for an exact estimate.
Is JG Wentworth worth it?
If you need cash quickly or would prefer to receive your payments as a lump sum, JG Wentworth may be worth the cost for immediate funding. During your initial consultation, the representative walks you through the asset’s cash value and fees.
Is JG Wentworth trustworthy?
JG Wentworth has worked with clients for more than 25 years and has many satisfied customers. Read reviews and complaints of current and former clients for a deeper look at its trustworthiness.
How long does it take to get your money from JG Wentworth?
It typically takes two to three weeks to receive your funds. Payment can sometimes be expedited to take as little as three days, but it depends on your contract.

Is JG Wentworth legit?

JG Wentworth is a reputable, reliable provider of lump-sum buyouts for annuity or structured settlement payments. It offers free, no-obligation quotes. Fees typically range from 9% to 15%, depending on the settlement’s value and the terms of your contract. Contact JG Wentworth online or over the phone for a personalized quote.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Reviews

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I liked the guy we were working with really well. His name was Mark and he was awesome. But his bosses didn't read any of his notes. I kept calling and asked only to deal with him because he spoke our language and made it easy for us. We also told Mark that we only wanted to deal with him and he put that in our file. But nobody paid attention. Even with training, I didn't want to deal with other people. But we kept getting calls from other people. One time when we were thinking about doing another structured settlement, he was off for a few days and he said he'd come back and handle it. During that few days, they called us and one of the guys almost got rude with us because we had signed some papers but it was just in case we wanted to do it. We really didn't want to do one right away. Other than that, we went with JG Wentworth over other companies because they had a better reputation.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Joel! Thank you for your feedback - we're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed working with Mark to get the money you deserve!

Get buying tips about Structured Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I used them in the past and when I used them this time, I had no issues. They were pretty fast in what they did, they explained everything, and kept their thing exactly on the day it was set. The process took about a month, which was normal for them, but I would have wanted to get a little bit more for my money, rather than less. But they met my needs. I asked for a certain amount on it first and they couldn’t give me that. But they could give me the second amount that I asked for and that pretty much covered what I needed done.

They were also great on customer support. If I had any questions, I just call and they would put me in touch with my guy. His name was Steve and if I couldn't get ahold of him, I already had a text number to be able to call and text him. The quality of service was very professional and they were honest on what they were doing. So, I was happy with my experience.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Tennele! It's wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed working with the JG Wentworth team - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

My experience with JG Wentworth from the beginning to the end has been absolutely phenomenal. I immediately started working with Clark **, he was very knowledgeable in giving me a quote and explaining to me thoroughly the process and procedures that are going to take place in order for me to get my lump sum in selling my structured settlement. Every single time I had a question, a concern, or didn’t understand something he was always at the ready to inform me and help me understand and has a vast wealth of knowledge in The business that he does.

I was in dire straits, and needed a friend who could walk me through getting the funds that I needed when I needed them. Clarke was that friend. He always returned my phone calls, helped me with my anxiety about going to court for the final settlement approval (simply because I’m already just an anxious person, he was always able to ease my anxious mind with his sincere appreciation for my circumstances) & Briefed me on everything I could expect moving forward, and spoke to me in plain language when it came to everything. There was an honesty there that I have not found in any company that I’ve done business within a long time. (possibly ever)

I appreciate how diligent he was, how intelligent he was, how involved he was, and took the time to understand my situation as to why I was looking to get my structured settlement, as well as making sure that we were able to get that taken care of. I am absolutely fortunate that I had the opportunity to work with Clarke. This process was made so simple, and handled so delicately and had the absolute pleasure to work with somebody who has such a wealth of knowledge, and so personable.

I rate this experience 10 out of 10. Not because simply because we set a goal and obtained it as a team to receive my lump sum, but because of the customer service that was provided. I didn’t feel like I was alone when I was doing this. I felt like I had a reliable friend working alongside me looking out for my best interests. Who not only stood that this was his job but treated me with human dignity and was there every single step of the way. I can’t say thank you enough to JG Wentworth, and I cannot say thank you enough to Clark **, for everything, truly. This has been a diligently delightful experience from the first phone call all the way through, to me receiving my lump sum.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Michael! We're thrilled that you enjoyed working with Clark to get the money you deserve - thank you for sharing! We're here to help any time you need us.

Original review: June 5, 2021

The process was about two months long. I was told that everything would have been settled around mid-March but it got settled in April. Also, in the beginning, the customer support wasn’t as good as I would have wanted to. Every time I tried to get in touch with the person that was assigned to my case, they weren't available at all. Then someone else got assigned and that person was very helpful. He called me almost every week and every time I called him, he responded and if he couldn't get it, he would call me right back. They kept me updated with everything and I didn't have to do much. All I did was have to go to court and get my money. They made everything easy. The money came in perfect timing and they gave me more than I asked for. I'm happy I did it.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jahlia! We're glad everything went so well - thank you for sharing!

Original review: May 25, 2021

I liked the reputation that JG Wentworth has. I used them three times and had a good experience. I also used another company once and I got a little better rate on my return. With JG Wentworth, Mark was my rep and he was outstanding. He treated me right and helped me a lot. I have his direct number. If I ever need anything, I call him and work with him.

JG Wentworth gave me a quote two months ago. I got $10,000 and I'm good for now. I don't need to receive any more phone calls for six months. Sometimes the calls get repetitious and annoying. The company wants to do business with people and help them, but I don't need eight phone calls a week saying they want to give me a quote. I don't need to be called every two days. That kind of action will turn me to a position where I would go somewhere else. The company can send me the gift cards and that's fine. I appreciate it. Other than that, everything was fine.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Dana! We're glad Mark could help you get the money you deserve - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 25, 2022

My experience with Anthony & Mike was so easy & smooth. They were so knowledgeable & they explained every step & made sure I knew exactly what was going on & that I understood. They always answered my calls & every question I had. There was NEVER a time that they were not there for me during the whole process. Besides being very professional they were great and fun to talk to. The process of the whole thing took about 4-5 weeks for me. I got a few papers together, they did the rest. They kept me informed of the progress. I can not say enough nice things of Anthony or Mike. They are 2 hard working guys. I'll highly recommend JG Wentworth to any that needs their services.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Donna! Thank you for sharing how much your representative helped you - we look forward to working with you throughout this journey!

Original review: April 20, 2022

Kai is the rep I talk to the most and he's absolutely amazing. At first, I called like three times a week and he was never rude. Then, we got to the point where I went to court and the insurance was about to give me the money, but then they wouldn't give me the money. Through the whole thing, Kai was very quick and he calls me all the time to let me know that everything's going well. He's been working really hard on my case and I really appreciate that. After all that stuff happened, he calls me once a week to let me know how things are going, which I really appreciate that I'm not just left wondering. I got very blessed to work with Kai and I would recommend asking to work with him if he's available. Also, JG Wentworth works fast and as soon as the court happens, JG Wentworth gets right to it.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jordan! We are pleased to learn about your positive experience working with us - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 17, 2022

I like working with JG Wentworth, I think the representatives they have working for them do a wonderful job at getting people the money they need for whatever. I just wish they would give us more money for our money, or lower their rates.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Kajuana! We're glad you enjoyed working with your representative so much - thanks for sharing!

Original review: April 8, 2022

Was an easy transaction and Steve was outstanding. Didn't think I was gonna get approved but they definitely made sure it went through. Time to receive funds took a minute but Steve assured me that I would receive after 24 to 48 hours.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Joshua! We're glad you enjoyed working with Steve so much - thank you for sharing and thank you for choosing JG Wentworth!

Original review: April 8, 2022

I had a great experience working with JG Wentworth. I worked with a lady named Stephanie, who was very helpful throughout the process when I started explaining how everything worked, and she was awesome at keeping me up to date with my case as it went and informing me on what everything meant and how to do things. She was always super polite and very kind. I've already received my funds. After I received them, Stephanie and I talked one more time just to make sure I didn't have any further questions or needed anything else, and we've not talked since then. But they were great the whole step of the way. They went above and beyond meeting my needs.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Laurel! We're thrilled you enjoyed working with Stephanie to get access to the money you deserve - thank you for sharing!

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Company Information