4.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

J.G. Wentworth is the largest purchaser of future structured settlement and annuity payments in the nation and has helped thousands of customers over the past 25+ years.

Customers of J.G Wentworth can enjoy:

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

106 J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Micheal was a big help. He helped me throughout my whole case. He kept calling me making sure I was okay and if I had any questions, he got me a ride to and from court. He made me feel like I was his friend and that he generally cared about me & wanted me to get my money to better my future.

Hi Ariel,

Thanks for the stellar review! We'll be sure to pass those kind words off to Michael. Please don't hesitate to contact him, should you need help in the future. Cheers!

Get expert buying tips about Structured Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

The content is simple in this message. I am sick of receiving emails texts and phone calls. Adrian ** the JGW agent that was working on the case will not stop contacting me! I have told Adrian multiple times via phone calls to stop contacting me. He made me offers in the past few months that had me interested. I stated to Adrian that I did not have a reason to cash out my structured settlement and apparently that was not enough. Even after me simply saying no thank you I still receive emails, texts, and voicemails. At this point he and or this company is causing me stress and anxiety every contact made. The original research into possibly looking into cashing out my structured settlement was made over 10 years ago. I am simply stating in the message cease and desist with contacting me in all forms.

Good Morning Alan,

We're sorry to hear about this. Adrian and his team were simply following up with you because you had expressed some interest in pursuing a transaction with us. Now that we know you no longer wish to proceed, we will stop trying to get in touch. Thanks and have a great rest of your week.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

After a catastrophic weather event, we decided we needed funding to begin a new life elsewhere. Brittany ** with JG Wentworth went truly above and beyond. Due to the court there was a mess up and she went above and beyond to make sure we were duly compensated for the additional expense we had. She answered every question and worked diligently to answer every question we had. We received our funding and am quite happy with the experience.

Caroyln,

Thank you for the stellar review! We're thrilled to hear Brittany was so helpful and we hope your new life is off to a great start. If you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out. Cheers!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

April ** was extremely helpful and very informative throughout the entire transaction. She was able to answer any and all my questions. I am very impressed and would definitely recommend others to use these services. Thank you for everything throughout this experience. I will definitely choose to use your company if I need anything more in the future.

Hi Terry,

We appreciate the kind words and will be sure to pass them off to April. She is one of our most knowledgeable and experience representatives and we're glad to hear she took such great care of you. Thanks!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

JGW is great. They have been amazing every time. Ray was very professional at helping me. Everyone is very helpful. They help you with understanding your transaction and getting it to you. Would recommend them to anyone. Thank you for being so good to me and helping me along the way to make my transaction work.

Brittany,

We appreciate the kind review and thank YOU for putting your trust in us to help you multiple times. That's the highest praise we can possible receive. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything in the future. Have a great rest of your week!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about J.G. Wentworth?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I absolutely loved having this member of the J.G.W firm on my side! Such a friendly and amazingly socially gifted person! Absolutely could not have done it without him! Every step of the way he was there and was always specifically punctual on his end with all terms of the process! Would definitely recommend J.G.W and its team to any person seeking assistance in regards to these needs of hurried structured annuities!

Noah,

Thank you so much for the excellent review! James is one of a kind and it's great to hear you had such an awesome experience with him. Should you ever need help again in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

My business with JG Wentworth was everything I could possibly hope for and this couldn't of been possible without Shaun **. He was professional and down to earth a real straight up man. Anything I needed if he could get he would, I would recommend this organization to anyone who is interested in selling their settlements.

Gregory,

We can't tell you how much we appreciate your comments. There's a reason Shawn's name appears on this website so often...because he takes EXCELLENT care of his customers. If you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out to him. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Not much to say here other than the fact that Ray and his team worked like all stars! This being the first time I've sold one of my payments I was very satisfied with the deal. Ray made sure that I knew everything I wanted to know about the process, plus more.

Michael,

Making sure our customers are educated on the sale process is key and Ray is one of the best teachers we have. We're glad to hear everything went smoothly. If you ever need help again, please don't hesitate to contact Ray. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I needed to sell a few years of Annuity payments to help take care of some pressing needs. After shopping around with numerous structured settlement companies, I went with JG Wentworth. You can’t beat their customer service. The process was easy and the representatives treated me to the best customer service experience I have ever received. Thank you, April ** and Byron for your assistance in a quick and stress-free transaction.

Darrell,

April and Byron are absolute all stars and we're glad you had such a great experience working with them! We greatly appreciate the kind review and, should you ever need assistance again, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I had a great experience with J.G. Wentworth. They went above and beyond trying to get me a deal that I would be comfortable with. Khalil always responded to any of my questions in a prompt manner and was very knowledgeable of everything I needed further understanding of. Thank you!

J.G. Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thanks for the great review! We'll pass your kind words on to Khalil. Have a great rest of your day!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

It went pretty simple, well explained from the jump! I received everything they honored from the start. Met another company’s offer. Stephany ** was great to work with. She was there for me anytime I needed her. At the end after my court date some of my paperwork got messed up. But with a team between Stephany’s help, I was able to get some paperwork which was able to get my account funded! Due to Stephany it was as promised on date. I have a lot to be thankful for!! J. G. Wentworth is a great company to go thru if you are wanting to cash in your annuity!!!

Tanya,

Thank you for the stellar review. Being there for our customers is what it's all about and Stephany is one of the best. If you ever need help again in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

James and the whole J.G. Wentworth team is amazing!! They'll get you what you need when you need it. Fast and simple. And in a timely fashion. They are very knowledgeable about what it is they do and why they do it.

Malia,

Thanks for the great review. Glad to hear James took such great care of you. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help again. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

The process of selling a structured settlement payment can be intimidating. There are definitely a lot of shady companies out there that can scare the average consumer. I just went through the entire process with Michael ** at J.G. Wentworth and I have nothing but positive things to say about it. The entire process took less than 60 days, from quote to payment including court, and Mike always kept me updated and was always available to answer questions. I would definitely recommend using Wentworth to anyone that is looking to go through this process.

Adam,

We greatly appreciate the excellent review and your recommendation. Michael is one of our most knowledgeable and experienced Account Executives and we're pleased to hear he took such great care of you. Should you need help again in the future, don't hesitate to contact Michael. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Excellent experience dealing with Shawn and JGW. Very honest in his dealing with me and stood behind the other that was made and saw to it JGW would match or beat any other offers. A promise made in JGW add, and a promise kept. I would highly recommend anyone looking to take a jump sum payment to contact Shawn. Thanks Shawn. Very appreciated.

Gregory,

Thanks for the excellent review. Shawn is a master at what he does and we're glad to hear about your great experience. If you ever need help again in the future, please don't hesitate to contact Shawn. Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Shaw was a great representation of your company and very patient and detailed with work. Kept in communication which made everything much smoother. Thank you for all your help and support. I would definitely recommend. I knew the process would go beyond expected date so the longevity out wasn’t a hard thing to deal only because of the communication.

Chuckquan,

Thanks for the great review! We'll be sure to pass your kind words off to Shawn. He's the real deal and we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with him. Should you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out to Shawn. Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

If I told you that Jenna ** did a great job, It wouldn’t do her justice. She ensured a high offer, quick processing, timely and accurate communication and most of all... sincerity! I think we’ve received 1.5 billion calls, (OK, maybe a slight exaggeration) from individuals trying to buy my wife’s settlement. It so damn annoying, not just because it’s uninvited, but because a lack of sincerity. From the start, Jenna was truly interested in what was best for us. She contacted us often enough to ensure we knew exactly where we were in the process, but wasn't over-bearing. She answered every question immediately, or she got the correct info quickly.

What else I was shocked about was the quickness of payment. I knew her offer was good, since it was the highest, but it even impressed our judge, who almost denied us because it was more than we needed. (Tough judge). She got us the desperately needed advance and the actual funding less than a week after judicial approval. This is our 3rd time doing this and never before has our experience come close to this smooth. I really wish we would’ve come to her the other times. Oh well, better late than never. Thanks Jenna!

James,

Please believe us when we say this is one of the best reviews we have ever received. People like Jenna are what makes our company successful, so we greatly appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We'll be sure to pass the kind words onto Jenna and, if you ever need help again in the future, you know who to call. Thanks!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

The process is going slow it wasn’t like this back in 2008 so it kind of sucks close to my court date and now this. But I appreciate the loan they have a gave me and they have been working with me to help me get my money faster. It’s just American general on some madness. For whatever reason it won’t release my contract to JG.

Good Morning Robert,

We take these matters very seriously and assure you we're doing everything possible to complete this process in a timely fashion. Mark and Brittany will be in touch with you today to discuss everything. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I’ve done several transactions over the years with this company. Ray, by far is the best I’ve worked with! Would most definitely recommend to both family and friends! Thanks for all of your help Ray :). It was a pleasure doing business!

Kimberlee,

Thank you for sharing your experience and, we agree, Ray is awesome! We're glad he was able to take such great care of you. If you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Ray was very responsive to my inquiries and knowledgeable about what needed to be done and helpful during the whole process. This has been stressful time and his assistance made it much easier. He understood the products that were being negotiated and how things would progress throughout the process which made my experience as easy as it could be.

Jessica,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We'll definitely pass this onto Ray and, should you need anything else in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

On the 17th of September I am in court with my attorney from JG Wentworth, everything goes fine and my court order is signed and approved. After court I immediately call Clark’s team and speak to his manager Whitney with JG Wentworth! She tells me I will be funded on the coming week Tuesday or Wednesday. I kept in mind this date was still later than the date they originally quoted before my court date.

As Wednesday, Thursday and the weekend goes by I am still not funded any of my court ordered lump sum funding. All I have got is excuse after good excuse and now I’m trying to figure out how to fight this in court as the agreed price for sold annuity funds has already been ordered to pay. What makes this worse is after Whitney and Clark responded to my first report they asked me to erase my first report because of fear of future client loss, well as an annuitant that has sold payments in the past to purchase property and enjoy my settlement I would recommend using another company that will not play games with your money after it’s time to fund you.

Hi David,

We appreciate your patience as we worked through the issue with your funding. We're glad everything worked out. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything else. Thanks!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

James ** was wonderful, he called at least two times a week if not more, always told me to have a great weekend. I would tell everybody how nice he is. Great job James and JG Wentworth. If you need money fast give them a call, thank you all.

Hi Brenda,

James is great! We'll be sure to pass your kind words on to him. Thanks for the review and, if you ever need help in the future, don't hesitate to reach out!

Resolution response: Aug. 27, 2018

Company has worked hard to resolve the first minor issues I had with selling some of my annuity payments and has made for a great experience.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I've solid payments from my Annuity in the past with other companies who have taken the time to make me feel at ease that it's a legitimate transaction. Working with the Clark and his colleagues seems troubling that a week before court they want me to go to the courthouse records department to find my original court documents. The problem he said is I might be funded late.

Hi David,

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My agent Raymond always went above and beyond to help me. He works very fast. I have had multiple transactions with JG Wentworth, so I know that his service to me was first class. There was never a moment that I thought he was not working hard or fast and he was always friendly and wanting to help. Thank you very much.

Raymond,

Great to hear from you! We appreciate your trust and continued business with us. We'll pass those kind words on to Raymond and, if you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks!

Original review: May 1, 2018

Raymond ** was an amazing representative to assist me in my structured settlement. He has an amazing personality and he truly does the best for you. As far as going to court I wish the representative for the company was less aggressive, but aside for that I had a good experience.

Hi Constance,

We appreciate the kind words and will pass your feedback off to Raymond! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need help in the future. Thanks!

Original review: April 24, 2018

Christine was my account manager, and she was wonderful. Every step of the way she did everything she could do to help. She always had a wonderful, happy, joyful personality on the phone which was an added bonus. She went above and beyond her job to make things as quick and smooth as possible. This woman deserves a raise.

Hi Corey,

We will definitely let Christine's boss know she deserves a raise! Glad to hear your experience was so great. Christine really is one of the best. If you ever need any help again in the future, please don't hesitate to call. Thanks!

Original review: April 3, 2018

This has truly been a wonderful experience. Raymond ** was and still is AMAZING!! I was impressed by his professionalism but what kept me was his personal attention. I am so overjoyed with his care and thoughtfulness. I wish him and your company MUCH success. I will definitely give 5 stars and 5 more if I could. Keep up the excellent work. Raymond **, YOU ROCK!

Ramona,

On our best day we couldn't ask for a better review! We will pass your kind words on to Raymond and tell him to keep up the great work. If you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks and have a great day!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I am so thankful and greatly impressed by the dedication Shawn ** gave to my mother and brother. He has helped us find out information about a settlement that happened many years ago to my brother. He definitely went way beyond my expectations and I only have high remakes to say about him. Thank you so much Shawn.

Hi Jean,

This is great to hear. We'll pass your kind words on to Shawn. He's one of the best people we have and we're glad he was able to help you and your family. Please feel free to reach out if you need help again in the future. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Everything we've discussed was right to the point, and very helpful, and I felt very at ease with JG Wentworth! I was very happy with the wonderful lady that I spoke with and am so relieved on the outcome!

Hi Kimberly,

We're so glad to hear our team was able to put you at ease. The process of selling your future payments can be complicated at times, which is why clear communication is so important. We really appreciate the kind words and, if you ever need help again in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My experience with you guys was smooth and on time. But I recently checked with my insurance company MetLife, and I believe I'm missing some future payments that I didn't sell. I just need to see our last transactions to see what I missed.

Hi Albert,

We will address this immediately. A private message will be coming your way so we can connect you with the appropriate customer service representative to resolve this. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I shopped around before I chose JG. I found the best rates with them. The person I've spoken with since I started the process was Alan ** and he has been amazing. He's very helpful, and answered every question I've had. We got stuck with a more lengthy issue but he has been keeping me up to date every step of the way. I appreciate all of the help.

Destiny,

This is the highest praise we can possibly receive. Thank you for doing your due diligence and making your choice based on our offer and excellent customer service. Alan is a consummate professional, so we'll make sure to pass your kind words on to him. If you ever need help again in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a great 2018!

J.G. Wentworth expert review by ConsumerAffairs

J.G. Wentworth is a nationally recognized purchaser of future payments thanks to their popular television ad campaigns and slogan, "It's my money and I need it now!" Located in Radnor, Pennsylvania, J.G.Wentworth has been in business for over 25 years and has serviced tens of thousands of customers.

• Stable company: J.G. Wentworth is the largest purchaser of future payments in the nation, with experience in all 50 states. As a direct funder, the company does not need to acquire funds through a third party and can readily fund lump sum payments without extra fees.

• High-volume experience: J.G. Wentworth completes about 5,000 transactions per year and over 5.6 billion dollars in payment transfers.

• Online chat: Representatives are readily available via online chat on the company website to answer consumer questions.

• Free quotes: Free, no-obligation quotes are available via the phone and online.

• Resource center: The company website provides free educational resources for consumers, including information on state-specific statutes.

• Best for: consumers with structured settlements, annuities or lottery winnings.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs