4.2/5 (74 ratings)

About JG Wentworth Structured Settlements

JG Wentworth offers lump-sum cash alternatives to structured settlements or annuity payments. Whether the payments are from settlements, annuities or casino and lottery winnings, the company provides fast cash buyouts and flexible options for each customer. The company offers signing bonuses and cash advances and includes a best-price guarantee with all purchases.

Pros

• Best-price guarantee
  • Customized options
  • Free quotes

Cons

• Payments may take up to three weeks
  • Credit score impact

Bottom Line

JG Wentworth is a lump-sum payment provider for annuities and settlements from lawsuits, lottery winnings and other sources. It makes cash available typically within three weeks, and fees range up to 15%.

Top JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about JG Wentworth Structured Settlements?

Verified

I have been working with Tim over the past couple of months, almost a year. My experience has been wonderful so far. If I have to make any other arrangements with anything, I will...

Verified

My worker or agent was very good at keeping me up to date and helping me with any questions and whatever I had along the way to get thru the whole process..You couldn't ask for a ...

How does JG Wentworth work?

JG Wentworth offers lump-sum payments to people who receive installment payments through a structured settlement or annuity. Structured settlements or annuities may have payouts lasting 30 years or more — JG Wentworth offers cash buyout alternatives that give customers immediate funds.

Call or fill out a form on the company’s website, and a representative will contact you within 24 hours. The JG Wentworth agent will help you arrange a lump-sum payment if you’re interested in cashing in a settlement. Its representatives help draw up the terms of your contract before having it approved by a judge. You typically receive your funds within two to three weeks after the contract is finalized.

How much does JG Wentworth charge?

The cost of selling your annuity or settlement to JG Wentworth varies based on the details of the agreement. Typically, JG Wentworth's fees range from 9% to 15% of the asset's total value. Its representatives provide free quotes over the phone to help you evaluate the cost of cashing in your structured settlement, winnings or annuity.

The company also offers a best-price guarantee to ensure you’re getting a good value for your assets.

JG Wentworth FAQ

How much money does JG Wentworth take from settlements?
JG Wentworth fees can range from 9% to 15%, depending on the details of your structured settlement or annuity. You can request a free quote for an exact estimate.
Is JG Wentworth worth it?
If you need cash quickly or would prefer to receive your payments as a lump sum, JG Wentworth may be worth the cost for immediate funding. During your initial consultation, the representative walks you through the asset’s cash value and fees.
Is JG Wentworth trustworthy?
JG Wentworth has worked with clients for more than 25 years and has many satisfied customers. Read reviews and complaints of current and former clients for a deeper look at its trustworthiness.
How long does it take to get your money from JG Wentworth?
It typically takes two to three weeks to receive your funds. Payment can sometimes be expedited to take as little as three days, but it depends on your contract.

Is JG Wentworth legit?

JG Wentworth is a reputable, reliable provider of lump-sum buyouts for annuity or structured settlement payments. It offers free, no-obligation quotes. Fees typically range from 9% to 15%, depending on the settlement’s value and the terms of your contract. Contact JG Wentworth online or over the phone for a personalized quote.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I worked with Justin and he was the man. He always answered my call. If he didn't know the answer, he would get the answer and actually call me back with an answer. The process was nothing crazy but it was just time. I'm in the state of New York and New York is not simple. It's a real pain. The process took about five months, which is not normal. Other than that, it was fine. I'm doing very well now because of JG Wentworth and I'm thankful. I advise that you only do something like this if you can really capitalize on that. You want to make sure that whatever you're using and whatever you're doing, you're gonna get a return on it.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Gershon! We are thrilled to hear how much Justin has been able to make a positive impact on your transaction - thanks for sharing!

Get buying tips about Structured Settlement delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Kai is the rep I talk to the most and he's absolutely amazing. At first, I called like three times a week and he was never rude. Then, we got to the point where I went to court and the insurance was about to give me the money, but then they wouldn't give me the money. Through the whole thing, Kai was very quick and he calls me all the time to let me know that everything's going well. He's been working really hard on my case and I really appreciate that. After all that stuff happened, he calls me once a week to let me know how things are going, which I really appreciate that I'm not just left wondering. I got very blessed to work with Kai and I would recommend asking to work with him if he's available. Also, JG Wentworth works fast and as soon as the court happens, JG Wentworth gets right to it.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jordan! We are pleased to learn about your positive experience working with us - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I liked the guy we were working with really well. His name was Mark and he was awesome. But his bosses didn't read any of his notes. I kept calling and asked only to deal with him because he spoke our language and made it easy for us. We also told Mark that we only wanted to deal with him and he put that in our file. But nobody paid attention. Even with training, I didn't want to deal with other people. But we kept getting calls from other people. One time when we were thinking about doing another structured settlement, he was off for a few days and he said he'd come back and handle it. During that few days, they called us and one of the guys almost got rude with us because we had signed some papers but it was just in case we wanted to do it. We really didn't want to do one right away. Other than that, we went with JG Wentworth over other companies because they had a better reputation.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Joel! Thank you for your feedback - we're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed working with Mark to get the money you deserve!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I used them in the past and when I used them this time, I had no issues. They were pretty fast in what they did, they explained everything, and kept their thing exactly on the day it was set. The process took about a month, which was normal for them, but I would have wanted to get a little bit more for my money, rather than less. But they met my needs. I asked for a certain amount on it first and they couldn’t give me that. But they could give me the second amount that I asked for and that pretty much covered what I needed done.

They were also great on customer support. If I had any questions, I just call and they would put me in touch with my guy. His name was Steve and if I couldn't get ahold of him, I already had a text number to be able to call and text him. The quality of service was very professional and they were honest on what they were doing. So, I was happy with my experience.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Tennele! It's wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed working with the JG Wentworth team - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I decided to go with JG Wentworth because they were willing to offer me the most bang for my buck. Everything was very streamlined. It was a bit more straightforward than I thought it would be. I thought it would be more of a headache. But just a couple of phone calls back and forth. And I didn't even have to go to the corner. It was just a five-minute video chat and it all worked out perfectly. They're great people. Very willing to help. They would call me to see how things are going. They even offered to give me an advance, which helped me out very much in my time of need. So, I would definitely recommend them.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Anthony! We're thrilled you felt so comfortable working with JG Wentworth to access the money you deserve - thank you for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

The process of signing papers took so long for me. The process extended another two weeks because they had to get ahold of my ex-wife and have her sign all kinds of papers. Plus, I had to pay her $2,000. JG Wentworth helped me with a thousand, but I had to pay her $2,000 just for my ex-wife to sign papers for me. That's one thing that they should look into. But overall, they were very helpful and stayed on top of everything. They are a good company.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Jonathan! We're pleased to hear how much of a positive experience you are having with our team to find the best financial path for you - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

It was the easiest and smoothest transaction I have ever done. Carley was absolutely wonderful. She answered every call. If she couldn't, she got back to me in quick time. Everybody made me feel comfortable. The process went very quickly. I will use them again.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Alex! It's great to hear how much you enjoy working with Carley to find the best financial path for you - thanks for sharing!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

My experience with JG Wentworth was good. We had a couple of bumps on the road. That turnaround time was not as fast as other places that I've used before but overall, out of 100, I'll give it about a 90. David, the rep, kept in constant contact with me. So that was great.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Angela! We are so happy to hear how much of a positive experience you are having with David to find the best path for you - wear excited to be on this journey towards the financial future you deserve!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Worse experience I had to deal with. I would highly not recommend this company to help out. They will rob you and hassle you around. I regret using this service and will no longer use them for any kind of assistance with them.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Thank you for your feedback - We are having a representative reach out to discuss your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

JG was straightforward and did a good job. They were honest with me and got everything done quickly. Everything they said that was gonna happen, happened in the timeframe. Working with JG is beneficial. I'm in a lot better place than I was.

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements response

Hi Nick! We are so happy to hear how well everything is going - thanks for sharing!

JG Wentworth Structured Settlements Company Information