1.11/5

1290 Jackson Hewitt Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2019

Worst experience I’ve had in my life...waited for almost three hours to be seen. Finally sat down. She reviewed my taxes, eating a banana and pulling food out of her mouth cause she didn’t like the texture...disgusting, it’s just me and my husband filing nothing complex whatsoever, both have W-2's. Took her two hours to complete while she answered the phone and helped others. Charged me out the ** to file. I will never ever go back to the awful company. She told me I would have been charged way more at H&R Block to file. My parents own their own business with stacks of papers and receipts and take their taxes to an actual CPA. Get charged the same amount. I was charged for three W-2’s. I knew I wasn’t going to get much back this year but now I’ve broken even because of the god awful filing price. Terrible service, terrible everything!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

This was my first time filing my taxes with Jackson Hewitt inside of Walmart. I’ve had to come three times, and each time it seems like the ladies did not know what to do. I’m sitting here waiting on my third appointment. My appointment time was 1:00 and I’m just now getting seen at 1:32pm no apologies.

Get expert buying tips about Tax Software and Services delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 6, 2019

I made an appointment to have my taxes done for a second year in a row and had an awful experience. The fees are outrageous and I sat there for a full three hours waiting and left having paid but now I have to go back next week to another location 45 minutes away because they were not able to resolve their issues and print out the papers to sign. The agent seemed engaged and personable, but there was no help or support from corporate when needed. The supervisor went to lunch while I was sitting there waiting for something to happen.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I filed tax return with JH. The person who did it for me try to do the least he could. He did not check all the number and made a lot of mistakes. He was so careless and irresponsible. Although he work for JH, I had to help him with tax filing because he does not know enough about taxes. Their service is very poor and irresponsible. All they want is my money, that's it. They made a lot of mistakes and gave me troubles with IRS. I am so unhappy with them. PLEASE DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 3, 2019

I went to Jackson Hewitt on February 2, 2019 and had my taxes done and the still waiting to get them back the person that did my taxes forgot to add in my 1095 form. So to make a long story short I will not be returning to Jackson Hewitt next year they really don’t care about what you have experienced or been through because I called home office and no one never called me back or did anything. It doesn’t make any sense they charge you so much but want refund the money when they mess up your taxes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Hewitt?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 30, 2019

We have had our taxes done yearly by JH since 2012. This year, 2019, we are still waiting to receive our refund after receiving a letter from the IRS that our taxes were prepared incorrectly taxing us $433 a year rather than the correct amount of $216. So, over the years, we have overpaid over $1400 because of JH mistake! I contacted JH to amend the last 3 years returns to at least recover $600 of the $1400 they’ve managed to screw us out of. After the manager having a power trip know it all attitude, I was hung up on. We are now going to have someone else amend them and we will NEVER again use JH and will be sure to let everyone know the quality, or should I say the lack of quality we received and the irreversible mistakes that cost us hundreds of dollars!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 27, 2019

We had our taxes done the year before by Jackson Hewitt and decided to have them prepare our taxes again for 2018. We are so sorry we did not look up any of their reviews. The young lady doing my taxes (Jennifer **) said she's new but if any problems arise her boss is there to guide her. An hour later in preparing my taxes Jennifer quoted, "You Owe $67,000 for 2018." I said WHAT!!! She then called her boss (Cindy) to come and review this amount. Jennifer agreed this sounds like too much and needed her boss to correct any mistakes made. Her boss told us she's been doing taxes over forty years and operates other offices. Another twenty minutes and Cindy found a $2,000 error which now shows I owe $65,000. I said this cannot be accurate. Cindy then said "I Wouldn't Lie To You. I know What I'm Doing."

We went home, couldn't even sleep that night due to the stress of what they said we owed. The following day we contacted an I.R.S. attorney which cost us $2,150 to research this problem. After preparing my taxes the amount came to $1,589.00 owing to the I.R.S for 2018. How can a tax firm (Jackson Hewitt) be off $63,411.00? And be so arrogant?

Original review: March 22, 2019

First of all I have been with these people for 20 years. Every year the price to do my taxes has gone up. Right now it almost 500 dollars to filed my taxes in January. The 29th to be exact. It's March. They filed my state taxes which I haven't gotten yet. They said 5 to 7 weeks so I called on today and I have to go get a freaking print out and send it my self. Why they did do that at first? I will never do business with these people ever again. Bad business I say. I should get at least some of my fees back.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I filed my taxes with JH on February 5, 2019. This is my second year filing with them and I got completely screwed by them. I was charged way more this year to file my taxes with them. They charged me 624.00 to file one W-2 with a dependent. I had the same amount of info as last year and was charged way less in 2018. The tax preparer didn’t explain to me why I was being left with 83.00 after filing with them. She made it seem like it was the IRS that found that amount correct for me. I didn’t work very much in 2018 but it still didn’t make sense as to why I was only receiving 83.00.

I went home and looked online and saw the full amount I was suppose to be getting. I complained and complained and wrote JH on FB trying to get someone to explain their fees to me. No one could. Finally they agreed to let me file a second W-2 for free. At this point I was dealing with the GM of JH. LaTonya was her name. She was extremely unprofessional. She told me I could email her my W-2 form and she would file it for me. I did and didn’t hear anything back. I emailed her to see if she received my information, no response. I called her office and they told she would call me back. She never did. That went on for an additional two weeks after me emailing her.

I called the customer service line again and complained AGAIN on how poor the customer service was. LaTonya finally called back and I missed her call. That was on a Friday. I called that Monday and she wouldn’t even get on the phone. She had one of her employees tell me the amount I would be receiving. She was very quick and treated the situation like I was bothering them. I won’t be returning to them. Not only did the overcharge me and could never tell me why it cost me that much but the customer service is deplorable!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I’m only giving one star because zero star is not available. I would never recommend this company for tax preparation. They charged me over $100 more this year over last year which was still overpriced and I had the same exact information only different amounts. When I asked to reconsider my fee, the only option they gave me was for a $50 coupon for my taxes next year. Was basically told to go ** myself. Kept sending me back to the local office and wouldn’t allow me to speak with anyone outside of that office.

I told them I would never be back and the coupon was a joke. I have a basic return of W2 and K1 and was charged $375, almost half of my return. Then they didn’t even give me copies of my return. Not only that but when they couldn’t figure out my state return because of the K1, they said we will just inflate your income which will raise the amount you owe to cover it because they didn’t want to spend the time to fix the forms. This place is a money-stealing joke!!! Go elsewhere.

Original review: March 19, 2019

These folks promise gift cards, try and collect one of them! Rotten folks and let me put it this way, do it yourself and prevent an ulcer!! JMO on these folks!! Family members as well have had horrific experiences with these folks. Why did a discount store chain allow them to set up shop in their stores? P.S. They wash their hands of the mess!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I went to have my taxes done for 2018. I was charged $575.00. They did not send W2 and I end up having to send them after waiting a month and half. Also I am still waiting on my taxes. Do not file with them. Go to free place or anywhere else. Please please do not go there. I am about contact my local channel news because this is too much. About be 2 months. Still no movement on my taxes. Keep saying not complete. Every worker there should be hold on crime charges for playing with IRS, state, and personal info.

Original review: March 18, 2019

On Feb 6, 2019 I had my taxes done at Jackson Hewitt. They asked for a check routing number. The next day my account was debited the amount of the tax prep fee ($375). Six weeks later lo and behold, my account is debited once again by Jackson Hewitt for $375. When I contacted them, they said the money would be returned to my account but five days later, I'm still waiting. It is just criminal what they can get away with. Not only do they charge more than lawyers charge per hour, they bill you twice.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I pay them over 600 dollars to do my taxes and I was 2 years getting my 2015 state refund and now I'm just learning that after being charged over 600 this year I have to go to the Jackson Hewitt office get copies of my W-2 form and send it to the IRS myself because it was not sent by my professional tax people that I paid a very large amount of money to for tax service and I will have to do this myself and wait another month and was not refunded any of my money back or even a simple apology...that is ** but they get away with it and I know not the only one who has been through this before with Jackson Hewitt.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I have used Jackson Hewitt 2 years in a row and both times the tax preparer did not pay attention to my wishes and it has caused me to wait three times longer to receive any money. When I call to ask questions the preparers have been rude and short trying to hurry me off the phone. This will be my last year using them.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have been given a runaround with them since doing taxes with them on January 28th. Told the lady that was preparing my taxes that I had the market place insurance. She said okay. A month passed then I got a letter from the IRS stating I needed to submit two forms since I had the marketplace insurance. The forms were submitted and had to wait three extra weeks to get my refund because the tax preparer failed to tell me that I needed those forms. Then they closed my Amex Serve card the day I got my state refund apparently due to fraud, but then I found out they took my state refund to say refund advance fees.

Never before had fees come out of state refund only federal. So now that the IRS had sent my refund and since my card was closed the money is being flipped to a paper check. Now I have to wait a few days to receive the check. NEVER again will I uses them. Most frustrating experience ever and I don't know how they are still in business. With all these bad reviews THEY should be reviewed as a company.

Original review: March 11, 2019

While the man who prepared our taxes was pleasant, I was shocked at the final cost of over $350. We waited for over a month and received a letter from the IRS that certain forms had not been provided, which held up our Federal refund even longer. I couldn't help but wonder how forms were forgotten when we had a professional file for us? I had always filed my own in the past with no problems, but the one year I hire someone problems abound. Our refund was also $300 less than the expected amount although the reason has yet to be explained. I know it wasn't the cost of tax prep because the state refund had been issued and money was taken. When we asked JH about why this happened, he simply replied: "I can't give you an answer." Needless to say, we will be doing our own taxes in the future.

Original review: March 8, 2019

We've been getting our taxes done thru Jackson Hewitt going on 13 straight years now & until this year never really had any problems with them but after this last experience we've just had this time we definitely won't ever be coming back. Not only did the lady preparing our taxes this year have absolutely NO clue what she was doing she also screwed us out of getting the 1 thing we use them for which is the rapid cash refund. This lady had NO clue what she was doing like we were just absolutely blown away with the amount of knowledge this woman didn't know...

She actually kept asking us what things meant (like certain abbreviations, etc.). Then legit couldn't even answer pretty much not 1 question we asked her making me having 2 repeatedly keep flagging down the other tax preparer last for the answers to EVERYTHING!! She just kept making so many mistakes throughout our appt making it insanely obvious she absolutely no clue what she was doing!! Like putting my children down as being abled to be claimed by others which they are not... Then just repeatedly kept entering all sorts of other information wrongly as well making this appt this time around 10 million times longer than any other year we've gone 2 them...

But then if all that jazz wasn't already bad enough to add insult to injury at the very end also somehow ends up completely screwing us out of the 1 thing we ever bothered even coming back for every year thus far which is THE RAPID SAME DAY CASH REFUND THING WE DO EVERY YEAR!!! Now if hearing all that wasn't absolutely already horrifying enough well it gets better...

After sharing everything that had happened throughout our Appt, like all the mistakes, as well as the absolute lack of knowledge this preparer had, & etc. The Mt Pocono Office Site Manager (Mrs. Linda **, EA) promises to give us a complete refund for the entire amount of their preparation fees which was give or take like $600+ dollars that they have the flipping berries to even be charging people in the 1st place given said services not only decides she's just gonna blow us off for the next almost 25 days even after umpteen repeated calls were made on our end just trying to resolve our particular matter all in hopes of the possibility of still continuing tax services w/ them but still day after day we heard NOTHING back... She kept saying, "Oh I haven't heard anything back yet from corporate" then would promise to call with answers by the end of that particular business day but surprise, surprise she NEVER did!

So after giving her well over an entire month to find answers on this "refund" she promised we decided to give her at least 1 more try to make this right because I mean my husband & I are not jerks & we def understand that people do get busy & things do happen so we decided to stop in 1 more time 2 days ago to see what we can find out but she was so rude to us I couldn't even believe it so finally we had enough & asked her if we could just have the nine for this person she claims she's been calling or at least her boss's name, & number being how everything at this point has just gotten like way beyond the point of ridiculousness & it's just absolutely unacceptable at this point & she looked me square in the eye & flat out told me No!!!

And as she actually sat there actually smirking & rolling her eyes at me had the nerve to then proceed to tell me that getting her bosses # wouldn't ever, EVER happen proceeding to say in the most cockiest way that she is her own boss & she will call when she calls!!! Like whaaat?!? Seriously Who acts like this??! I'm telling you save your time, money & sanity & just go some place else or better yet just do your own taxes cause I'm telling you this place has turned into your absolute nightmare! And after after 13 loyal years of coming back year after year along with all of our many friends & family we've sent their way will no longer use these guys ever again!!! After all this we are without a doubt beyond done!!!

Original review: March 7, 2019

We had gone to Jackson Hewitt for the first time this year. We usually go to H&R Block or would have a family friend do them for us but this time we thought we would try something different, mostly for the advanced payment that wasn't supposed to have cost a dime. First of all we didn't get the advanced refund we paid fifty dollars for them to tell us no and one week because the Jackson Hewitt lady doing our taxes got a social wrong. She had mixed up 2 numbers. They had not called us to fix the situation... Not once. So there's a week, after it was fixed and put in right an hour later they said we had not qualified. Every single time we had went to our previous place we had qualified because we always have gotten at least 8000.00 back. So that was 50 bucks down the drain plus the 575.00 they cost to do a ** job and slower return that I have ever had. And they do this automatically so that fifty is going to be taken.

We did not get the 200.00 for switching either. Then the card they gave us finally received money on it over the 20 days plus the week because of their mistake. We had used the card a couple times and my husband accidentally put in a wrong pin once... They locked it down, but not that same day four days later. Also locking us out of the account login. After we had called to fix it we had to call again because she did not unlock the account on the site. Calling them was a huge hassle. It would take over an hour wait every time.

We made yet another call because we had not yet received the personalized card and it had been at least 20 days. They said we had never called in to get one at all which was a lie. But we had only called to ask how long it was supposed to take. That was the only question we could get out but was not answered whatsoever because they DO NOT LISTEN to your problem. They had informed us they would have to send it now. Two days later we got a card in the mail. Card was useless because they had sent a replacement now after we had tried explaining we only wanted to know how long and we had indeed called the day of the taxes to get this done. We had only wanted to make sure the address was right and get a timeline.

So now we have two cards that we cannot use. Finally got one to work and unblocked with days of time consuming calls. WE STILL now have to wait ten more days for the replacement card that we "had not put in for the first time." This took 20 days. The first time they said 7-10 days. This was the absolute WORST experience ever. I will never go back EVER!!! And I am not usually a complainer.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Only 1 star because I was forced. They totally made a mess of my taxes. It is virtually impossible to get anyone to correct it after tax season is over because all offices have closed. It was then when I was notified by SCDOR and NCDOR. I ended having to pay over $200 interest because of Their mistake. They refuse to stand behind their guarantee.

Original review: March 6, 2019

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! Spare yourself the grief!! We paid $279 to get our taxes done, our second year using Jackson Hewitt... RUN FOR THE HILLS PEOPLE! I beg of you, DO NOT use this company for ANYTHING!! First the girl we had an appointment with was answering texts, says, "Sorry from my kid." Like that's any less professional. Between her and the other girl working they spent the majority of the time talking about anything and everything other than taxes, making my husband late for work (he had over an hour to get to work, taxes NEVER take that long). Okay, they were nice. But it was just unprofessional. They couldn't talk and work. Ya know?

The incompetence first began when the girl we had our appointment with needed some help. The other girl "click, clacks" erasing all the numbers/information the other girl had entered!! She shrugs and laughs it off. At one point the girl doing our taxes completely mis-read an amount of money making all of us (including the other girl that worked there) go bug-eyed. We opt for the free advancement from our taxes (they came up with some small number, no idea how). Whatever, it was something, we could use it.

It's all electronic. Have them file to get a direct deposit of our taxes (always do this, 15 years, never any issues). The girl also tries to get us to have an account through Jackson Hewitt. Talking about how fast she gets money put on it, how convenient it is for her. Her checks go to it blah, blah. No thanks. We need to go. Still mentions it a few more times, even asking the other girl to throw in her two cents. Mentioning also, as a class they offer to learn how to do taxes. Really? NO THANKS.

We finally get out of there, she did tell us it could be up to 5 days to get the advanced money. Every-day I check our account, especially after getting an email saying it's coming. Hitting 3 days, nada. I get online and make my J H profile so I can monitor when our taxes are coming. Don't see anything about the advancement, I use the online customer service chat option. Explain that I got an email saying it would be in our account within 48 hours and it's the end of the 3rd day. Ask if she could look into it. Says, "No problem. Let me pull up your account." THEN CLOSES THE CHAT! Essentially "hanging up".

I took a photo of my screen for proof. Then I call the "1-800" number and the lady is very short, rushing me off the phone. She says give it another day or two and mentions some number. So I start looking through my finance folder for my checkbook to see if the numbers add up or what these numbers are and she is like, "I don't even know what they are too, they probably aren't for your bank account. Wait a few days." Basically hangs-up on me too. Monday comes and goes. Tuesday is now here and still NADA.

My husband gets on the phone and calls the same "1-800" number. They give him the number of the woman in-charge of our area. He tells her about the incompetent employee who did our taxes, how two people I contacted basically hung-up on me and the ladies who did our taxes obviously made grand errors than what we saw while we filed. They tell him there is nothing they can do about giving us any sort of refund, even though we have been going through all of this, paid $279 FOR THIS??? Plus, the same day we filed we got a flyer to get $75 off if we filed with them. Which by the way said $55 on the front and $75 on the back.

The second "1800" rep my husband spoke to even said that was weird. GREAT advertising people. See? Total incompetence, in every tier of this place. It was like... GIVE US SOME KIND OF A BREAK!! Not to mention, the girl never printed out our copies of our taxes. She asked, we said yes. With all the jabbering they were doing and my husband now antsy and ready to leave to get to work, we both forget until it all started really going downhill. All we received was a paper with the basics; the amounts we'll be getting back and how much we paid to get our taxes done.

The second customer service rep gives my husband a number to the lady who runs our branch. Mind you the first person he spoke to was like, "Nothing can be done, bye." After an hour or so my husband was like, "NO. This is bs." Called back. Gets another rep who gives him the number to the area rep. He leaves her a message, she then has the employee who did our taxes call my husband back to personally apologize?? WHAT?!? He said he could hear her boss (the lady in-charge of our branch) feeding her exactly what to say. WOW. Just wow!! We wanted to know where the heck our money was. What happened?? How did this happen? Makes those responsible have actions taken against them so this doesn't happen to others. YA know? NOT AN APOLOGY!! She says there is nothing that can be done. Will look into a refund for the hassle we have been going through.

Meanwhile I found an email saying our direct deposit didn't work, so it will now be another 5-7 days until it comes in. GREEAT! Which prompts my husband to demand more answers. What is going to happen with our tax money now?? Can they stop the paper check and fix the direct deposit? Noe can we definitely get some kind of refund for going through all of this?? The lady is all perplexed and tells us she'll look into it and call us back. My husband spoke to her one more time a few days later. That's all we know. Her mailbox is full and she won't pick up the phone. I think he told me she was going to see where our taxes are in the process (if the check was already being mailed etc, what happened with the direct deposit yada yada).

When I go online and try to find out where our taxes are, no information comes up. Says we should've received an email stating they had been filed. I keep checking, NADA. While also saying "Less Than 21 Days", as in that's the amount of time they'll be here. Really? That's how to "monitor" the progress of your taxes? This all started February 7th and it's now March 6th!! There is no way to email anyone. The only "messaging" system they have is to write them on FB or Twitter because THAT'S SO PROFESSIONAL!

Now, whenever I try to get ahold of someone online via their chat representative set-up, no one is available; at any time or day. I have tried. I told my husband we should try the "1-800" number again, but thus far out of the 3 "1800" customer service reps we've spoken to only one of them was competent enough to help us in some way, having enough common sense to know their advertisement department was bs too. For the love all things, spare yourself the grief and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Filed my taxes with Jackson Hewitt and that is something I will never do again. Was not told I would be charged a $450 filing fee. Called customer service, they wouldn't do anything. Basically all they said was sorry sorry sorry. Was offered a credit but why would I want a credit? I want my $450 back they stole. Will only be filing with Turbo Tax from now on.

Original review: March 5, 2019

This was my 1st & my very last time going to Jackson Hewitt. The tax preparer had me getting $1,320 on my state. The IRS adjusted it & came up with $544. How did he make a $776 mistake like that. I had plans with that $1,320???

Original review: March 1, 2019

This was my first day year doing taxes at JH and I regret it 100%! I went in to do my taxes the guy who did them was nice and all. He seemed to know what he was doing and I got the estimate of my tax return but I had asked him how much it would cost - he told me he would match last year's taxes and the price would be $230. I’m like, "Great." because I paid like $300 last year. So long story short I get my income taxes and did not receive my state. I called and asked why. They said, "Oh we took that for our fees." WHAT???!!!! That was about $600. I am super pissed, I will never file with them again. And when I told them the amount that I was told they said, "Oh well nothing we can do." I will never go through them again. Crooks!!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I've been going to Jackson Hewitt for 3 years now... This year has been a nightmare! First of all they charged me 650 for doing my taxes which is highway robbery. Second the IRS chose me to do a verity identity. So I called the IRS and had no problem verifying who I was so then they needed the bank info so I called Jackson Hewitt. It took them 3 days to get the bank information and on top of that it was wrong. You would think a tax preparer would know this **. I'm beyond pissed off and annoyed. My taxes are going to take an extra 9 freakin weeks. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THEM!

Original review: March 1, 2019

My granddaughter had her taxes done by Jackson Hewit. She is 19, single mother, and barely making it. To file her federal taxes as a head of household with 1 dependent, and getting earned income credit. No itemizing. You can’t get any simpler than this. They charged her $458. Broken down to 369 for federal, $14 for storage, and $75 for Assisted refund. I called to complain, but before I did that, I asked what their fees were to do what I described above. "I’m sorry, we can’t give you fees because the fees are generated by the computer when you are done." I’m doing her taxes next year. I wish she asked before she went there.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I filed my taxes with Jackson Hewitt for the first time this year. I chose them because they had a loan advance program. The preparer filed everything but her printer was broken so she gave me no paperwork. I was told I had to have the American Express Serve card in order to get the loan and the funds will post between one hour to ten days. After fourteen days I called wondering why the funds weren’t on the card. The same preparer got an attitude - told me she filed the same way for everyone and told me “it’s not her deal, I was going to have to call the bank.”

I called the bank and they said there’s no loan request submitted. When I called Jackson Hewitt back the preparer was much nicer and explained she just realized the “computer glitched,” and the paperwork never got filed. I had to go back in and re file. The money surprisingly went through within 10 minutes. I then went to an ATM and found out you cannot withdraw money (even though Jackson Hewitt says you can!). After charging me $450 dollars to file my taxes they said gave me a $20 dollar credit for the mistake but did not. I really would not suggest using them - it has been nothing but stress. By the way if you’re lucky enough to get a card that will let you withdraw you have to go to a specific ATM so good luck finding one.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I went to get my taxes done and found out that J/H mailed out discounts of $75 off preparation. I never got a mailer and I have used J/H for over 5 years. I got the discount last year, but they stiffed me this year. I will go to a competitor next year, as a loyal customer, they do not seem to have any loyalty when it comes to repeat customers.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

The clerk asked me personal questions which I didn't even respond to, tells me it's 179 for the filing and turns out she charges me 500 skd then spells my name wrong messing up the whole process, claims I had made a certain amount but my earnings didn't equal that, said I was denied the 2500 advance yet she said I was approved and a card would be seen to me. Never got it, as well I get the card with the wrong name after she she says she corrected it, I end up only getting less than half of my refund. I can't get ahold of them. I called and called and now they are not even taking any appointments to figure out what the heck went wrong. How can I get this handled? JACKSON HEWITT YOU GUYS ARE FRAUD. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS EVER AGAIN THERE. YOU GUYS ROBBED ME AND I WANT MY MONEY!!! How can I get this taken care of? Anyone knows the correct channels to go thru?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Do not for nothing do your taxes with these thieves. They will get you. They do not care about you. These guys do not work straight. Go do your taxas somewhere else or you will be sitting here writing a negative review like the rest of us. Not gonna tell you what happened to me but it was very negative. If you don't believe me go have your own personal bad experience with these no good things that don't work straight.

Jackson Hewitt expert review by Melissa Hincha-Ownby

Jackson Hewitt started out as an in-person only tax service provider, but in 2010 the company expanded with the launch of Jackson Hewitt Online. The online tax software service is aimed at those taxpayers that are comfortable preparing and filing taxes themselves, which introduced the Jackson Hewitt brand to a new market.

• In-person option: Jackson Hewitt offers both online and in-person tax preparation services.

• Expanded online support: All Jackson Hewitt online packages come with free unlimited live chat support.

• Great price for freelancers: The Premium package, which is designed for 1099 contract employees and freelancers, is priced significantly lower than some competitors.

• Phone support: Phone support is available with the premium package.

• Website: The JacksonHewittOnline.com website is very basic.

• Best for: Individual and Basic Filers, Families and High Income Individuals

Profile picture of Melissa Hincha-Ownby
Melissa Hincha-Ownby Tax Software Contributing Editor

Melissa Hincha-Ownby is a freelance writer who finds joy in doing her taxes, testing new tax software programs and sharing her experiences with others.

Jackson Hewitt Company Information