Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.40/5

Get matched with the best Tax Relief company for you!

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Get matched with the best Tax Relief company for you!

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Jackson Hewitt Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I has been with Jackson Hewitt about 3 years now, the peoples here help me and explain everything to me about how much. I will be getting back and loan you can get. So thanks Jackson Hewitt. I will come back to Jackson Hewitt next year.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

They are very thorough and honest. They helped me tremendously with my refund. Thanks again guys. The representative was very friendly and polite. She took the time to explain how the company works. She got me a refund I was happy about. Thanks. Edna

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

We were approved for the biggest loan but choice the 750 and long story short our tax preparer did not put the whole account number and so by law our bank had to send back so now a check will be printed and mailed so much for 1 to 24 hours because the account number wasn't put in all the way. We have been in rv after hurricane Micheal and was using this for a place to rent. We have a 5 year old. Also we was happy about getting a place of our own with room finally after a year over a year now. And because of this we had to miss out and nothing can be done. At least the check should be printed in this office so we could go pick it up instead of waiting 7 to 10 days.

That should be at least they could do after it was the preparer's fault and was told to go to same office make sure they fix the other info for the regular tax check after IRS opens or same thing will happen. Now Jackson Hewitt took 4hundred and something to fill it out and they are not sure how to fix what has been already sent to IRS to put in the rest of our account number. Well what in the world.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I have received advances with Jackson Hewitt before and No issue at all. I don’t understand why I was rejected from getting an advance from my own funds. I received great service from the workers but this was an inconvenience because I usually allow my dad to file my taxes but now I’m out of almost $700 and did not receive an advance when I could have waited and allowed my dad to file my taxes and kept all of my money. Never ever, ever again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

DO NOT GET THE SERVE CARD. I am not able to get my funds off!!! Thought this would be a good service. It is not good. They tell you that you can get 3200. When you get in office only get 200. False advertisement!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Hewitt?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I have used Jackson Hewitt before. In the past years I never had a problem until I go to do my taxes in 2018 and all of a sudden I get a letter from the IRS two years later saying that I owe taxes in the amount of $3,000. I get ahold of Jackson Hewitt and I get ahold of the IRS. The IRS stated that what I owed was due to not filing my husband's social security. I get ahold of Jackson Hewitt and start talking to the lady and she says that, "Yes you sign waivers that if there's a mistake we will fix it and that we're responsible." So I explained to her that my taxes did not include my husband's Social Security and that I don't know why they didn't put it in there. She stated, "Well we put things in Motion in there that you gave us so that's why your husband Social Security wasn't in there." I told her, "So this is my mistake?" And she said, "Yeah because we put in the information you gave us."

I told her, "So out of all the years that I've done my taxes I just decided to leave the Social Security out on this one when I know that there is taxes to be paid on it?" I said that don't make no sense. She said, "Well it's not our fault." I am not the only one they have done this to. I know of one other couple that they told them that it didn't matter if the Social Security was on there or not because it doesn't make a difference when doing the taxes so they had to owe over $3,000. I think they should be shut down and put out of business because how can they do this to people when they are supposed to be certified to do your taxes correctly!!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

ZERO STARS FROM ME. SITE MAKES YOU CHOSE AT LEAST ONE WHICH IS NOT A REAL CONSUMER RATE THEN. Had seen advertising about the refund loan Jackson Hewitt offered. I usually use TurboTax. I did the prequalifying online and after I was prompted to fill create an account which then you fill in all your tax info and efile. I was then to make a my JH account. This is different than the first account of was prompted to make. I made this second account and one option is to select early access. Thinking this was where I was supposed to find the information for refund loan, again only reason I looked at JH site. I selected early access and I was told enter last name ss # and a document access code? Have no idea what that was. I entered the second choice. It gave me to do the standard authentication Option and entered all of my personal info including filing status Ss# DOB etc.

After hitting go. Message state saying not able to verify or authenticate my information. Thought this must be a mistake. I just efiled online. I called customer service I was told to call the store/office near me and ask them to provide the document access code. I did this and the preparer had no idea what I was talking about. I then contacted help desk via chat. Gave all my info. Included uploaded of snapshots with all the prompts it was asked after prequalifying. No kidding. I spoke to 4 different chat reps who all gave me different information.

I was last told to stop by office again and they can fix this. Waste of 2 days of my life. Not only was this young person not able to help me she could not even pull up any of my information. She gave me another number and said to call this person Monday to see if she could help. So far I've gotten 10 sorry for all the wrong information provided to me "customer" every time I have spoken to anyone. I then went back to chat so happened to be the same rep I spoke with who said I could go to office and they "would" fix it. Let her know office had no clue.

I then asked why after filing my taxes did I only received email about money being withdrawn for services and not a separate email about the refund loan. AS this is what the rep at store said automatically happens after you efile your taxes that everyone then receives an email about the 2 loan Option available. Chat rep then tells me I would receive an email from Bancorp within 24 hrs of filing. Well it's now been 48hrs and nobody can give me an answers. This has been the most ridiculous incompetent bunch of people working for this deceptive company I've ever dealt with. Don't waste your time with this company. You will get lied to just to get your money. Save yourself the frustration and just use turbo tax.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I went to Jackson Hewitt today only because of the available loan based off of my tax return. Their website said I was approved for the $1000 Go Big Refund Advance. So I completed my taxes with the representative in a makeshift stand inside of a major store. I was told be the Jackson Hewitt rep (after multiple computer issues) that I have plenty of time to make my decision as I told her I had used TurboTax for the previous 8 years. Now that I've completed my tax information with Jackson Hewitt I've been charged over $400 dollars (which I was aware of when thinking I was getting a $1000 advance) for the service fees and they are only offering a $200 advance through MetaBank. This is bait-and-switch at its best.

I told the representative I do not want my taxes completed by Jackson Hewitt, again, she said I have plenty of time to decide. Now I'm told by the same representative that it was already submitted and she can't stop it because I brought in a W-2. I have no idea how that makes sense to Jackson Hewitt that a W-2 means I can't change my mind. So now I'm waiting on her supervisor. I will call the IRS and the BBB if this is not resolved.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

Have always used TurboTax but this year decided to check out the Advance loan that I was assured I would receive because of the amount of my refund. While talking with the lady she asked why my 2 children 11 years apart in age had different last names. ** First of all why does that even matter? ** She claimed she needed to make notes so no one questioned it. Very judgemental when I told her I wasn’t married when I had my oldest. Then after leaving I was notified I was not approved for the loan. Now they claim that since I have them my W2 it has already been sent to the IRS (even though they aren’t accepting them yet) and they can’t retrieve it. I have just lost over $400 for them to do the exact same thing I can do by myself on turbo tax that charges me $0. I will NEVER go to this company again and will NEVER recommend. They scammed me out of $400 that I will never get back and I hate to see so many others fall for it.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

My experience was my first time using this service. I was told I would not be charge the rate of $700 to file my taxes, Well what do you know! I was charged $700 to file. I made several attempts to contact a manager named LINDA who never answer her phone or returns calls! When i finally reached someone I was told the employee no longer was employed, Well IMAGINE that! Bunch of SCAMMERS! DO NOT USE THIS TAX SERVICE!!!

Jackson Hewitt Company Information