Owe the IRS $10k+ in Tax Debt?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.35/5

1299 Jackson Hewitt Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 7, 2019

We had gone to Jackson Hewitt for the first time this year. We usually go to H&R Block or would have a family friend do them for us but this time we thought we would try something different, mostly for the advanced payment that wasn't supposed to have cost a dime. First of all we didn't get the advanced refund we paid fifty dollars for them to tell us no and one week because the Jackson Hewitt lady doing our taxes got a social wrong. She had mixed up 2 numbers. They had not called us to fix the situation... Not once. So there's a week, after it was fixed and put in right an hour later they said we had not qualified. Every single time we had went to our previous place we had qualified because we always have gotten at least 8000.00 back. So that was 50 bucks down the drain plus the 575.00 they cost to do a ** job and slower return that I have ever had. And they do this automatically so that fifty is going to be taken.

We did not get the 200.00 for switching either. Then the card they gave us finally received money on it over the 20 days plus the week because of their mistake. We had used the card a couple times and my husband accidentally put in a wrong pin once... They locked it down, but not that same day four days later. Also locking us out of the account login. After we had called to fix it we had to call again because she did not unlock the account on the site. Calling them was a huge hassle. It would take over an hour wait every time.

We made yet another call because we had not yet received the personalized card and it had been at least 20 days. They said we had never called in to get one at all which was a lie. But we had only called to ask how long it was supposed to take. That was the only question we could get out but was not answered whatsoever because they DO NOT LISTEN to your problem. They had informed us they would have to send it now. Two days later we got a card in the mail. Card was useless because they had sent a replacement now after we had tried explaining we only wanted to know how long and we had indeed called the day of the taxes to get this done. We had only wanted to make sure the address was right and get a timeline.

So now we have two cards that we cannot use. Finally got one to work and unblocked with days of time consuming calls. WE STILL now have to wait ten more days for the replacement card that we "had not put in for the first time." This took 20 days. The first time they said 7-10 days. This was the absolute WORST experience ever. I will never go back EVER!!! And I am not usually a complainer.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Only 1 star because I was forced. They totally made a mess of my taxes. It is virtually impossible to get anyone to correct it after tax season is over because all offices have closed. It was then when I was notified by SCDOR and NCDOR. I ended having to pay over $200 interest because of Their mistake. They refuse to stand behind their guarantee.

Original review: March 6, 2019

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! Spare yourself the grief!! We paid $279 to get our taxes done, our second year using Jackson Hewitt... RUN FOR THE HILLS PEOPLE! I beg of you, DO NOT use this company for ANYTHING!! First the girl we had an appointment with was answering texts, says, "Sorry from my kid." Like that's any less professional. Between her and the other girl working they spent the majority of the time talking about anything and everything other than taxes, making my husband late for work (he had over an hour to get to work, taxes NEVER take that long). Okay, they were nice. But it was just unprofessional. They couldn't talk and work. Ya know?

The incompetence first began when the girl we had our appointment with needed some help. The other girl "click, clacks" erasing all the numbers/information the other girl had entered!! She shrugs and laughs it off. At one point the girl doing our taxes completely mis-read an amount of money making all of us (including the other girl that worked there) go bug-eyed. We opt for the free advancement from our taxes (they came up with some small number, no idea how). Whatever, it was something, we could use it.

It's all electronic. Have them file to get a direct deposit of our taxes (always do this, 15 years, never any issues). The girl also tries to get us to have an account through Jackson Hewitt. Talking about how fast she gets money put on it, how convenient it is for her. Her checks go to it blah, blah. No thanks. We need to go. Still mentions it a few more times, even asking the other girl to throw in her two cents. Mentioning also, as a class they offer to learn how to do taxes. Really? NO THANKS.

We finally get out of there, she did tell us it could be up to 5 days to get the advanced money. Every-day I check our account, especially after getting an email saying it's coming. Hitting 3 days, nada. I get online and make my J H profile so I can monitor when our taxes are coming. Don't see anything about the advancement, I use the online customer service chat option. Explain that I got an email saying it would be in our account within 48 hours and it's the end of the 3rd day. Ask if she could look into it. Says, "No problem. Let me pull up your account." THEN CLOSES THE CHAT! Essentially "hanging up".

I took a photo of my screen for proof. Then I call the "1-800" number and the lady is very short, rushing me off the phone. She says give it another day or two and mentions some number. So I start looking through my finance folder for my checkbook to see if the numbers add up or what these numbers are and she is like, "I don't even know what they are too, they probably aren't for your bank account. Wait a few days." Basically hangs-up on me too. Monday comes and goes. Tuesday is now here and still NADA.

My husband gets on the phone and calls the same "1-800" number. They give him the number of the woman in-charge of our area. He tells her about the incompetent employee who did our taxes, how two people I contacted basically hung-up on me and the ladies who did our taxes obviously made grand errors than what we saw while we filed. They tell him there is nothing they can do about giving us any sort of refund, even though we have been going through all of this, paid $279 FOR THIS??? Plus, the same day we filed we got a flyer to get $75 off if we filed with them. Which by the way said $55 on the front and $75 on the back.

The second "1800" rep my husband spoke to even said that was weird. GREAT advertising people. See? Total incompetence, in every tier of this place. It was like... GIVE US SOME KIND OF A BREAK!! Not to mention, the girl never printed out our copies of our taxes. She asked, we said yes. With all the jabbering they were doing and my husband now antsy and ready to leave to get to work, we both forget until it all started really going downhill. All we received was a paper with the basics; the amounts we'll be getting back and how much we paid to get our taxes done.

The second customer service rep gives my husband a number to the lady who runs our branch. Mind you the first person he spoke to was like, "Nothing can be done, bye." After an hour or so my husband was like, "NO. This is bs." Called back. Gets another rep who gives him the number to the area rep. He leaves her a message, she then has the employee who did our taxes call my husband back to personally apologize?? WHAT?!? He said he could hear her boss (the lady in-charge of our branch) feeding her exactly what to say. WOW. Just wow!! We wanted to know where the heck our money was. What happened?? How did this happen? Makes those responsible have actions taken against them so this doesn't happen to others. YA know? NOT AN APOLOGY!! She says there is nothing that can be done. Will look into a refund for the hassle we have been going through.

Meanwhile I found an email saying our direct deposit didn't work, so it will now be another 5-7 days until it comes in. GREEAT! Which prompts my husband to demand more answers. What is going to happen with our tax money now?? Can they stop the paper check and fix the direct deposit? Noe can we definitely get some kind of refund for going through all of this?? The lady is all perplexed and tells us she'll look into it and call us back. My husband spoke to her one more time a few days later. That's all we know. Her mailbox is full and she won't pick up the phone. I think he told me she was going to see where our taxes are in the process (if the check was already being mailed etc, what happened with the direct deposit yada yada).

When I go online and try to find out where our taxes are, no information comes up. Says we should've received an email stating they had been filed. I keep checking, NADA. While also saying "Less Than 21 Days", as in that's the amount of time they'll be here. Really? That's how to "monitor" the progress of your taxes? This all started February 7th and it's now March 6th!! There is no way to email anyone. The only "messaging" system they have is to write them on FB or Twitter because THAT'S SO PROFESSIONAL!

Now, whenever I try to get ahold of someone online via their chat representative set-up, no one is available; at any time or day. I have tried. I told my husband we should try the "1-800" number again, but thus far out of the 3 "1800" customer service reps we've spoken to only one of them was competent enough to help us in some way, having enough common sense to know their advertisement department was bs too. For the love all things, spare yourself the grief and GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Filed my taxes with Jackson Hewitt and that is something I will never do again. Was not told I would be charged a $450 filing fee. Called customer service, they wouldn't do anything. Basically all they said was sorry sorry sorry. Was offered a credit but why would I want a credit? I want my $450 back they stole. Will only be filing with Turbo Tax from now on.

Original review: March 5, 2019

This was my 1st & my very last time going to Jackson Hewitt. The tax preparer had me getting $1,320 on my state. The IRS adjusted it & came up with $544. How did he make a $776 mistake like that. I had plans with that $1,320???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Hewitt?

Original review: March 1, 2019

This was my first day year doing taxes at JH and I regret it 100%! I went in to do my taxes the guy who did them was nice and all. He seemed to know what he was doing and I got the estimate of my tax return but I had asked him how much it would cost - he told me he would match last year's taxes and the price would be $230. I’m like, "Great." because I paid like $300 last year. So long story short I get my income taxes and did not receive my state. I called and asked why. They said, "Oh we took that for our fees." WHAT???!!!! That was about $600. I am super pissed, I will never file with them again. And when I told them the amount that I was told they said, "Oh well nothing we can do." I will never go through them again. Crooks!!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I've been going to Jackson Hewitt for 3 years now... This year has been a nightmare! First of all they charged me 650 for doing my taxes which is highway robbery. Second the IRS chose me to do a verity identity. So I called the IRS and had no problem verifying who I was so then they needed the bank info so I called Jackson Hewitt. It took them 3 days to get the bank information and on top of that it was wrong. You would think a tax preparer would know this **. I'm beyond pissed off and annoyed. My taxes are going to take an extra 9 freakin weeks. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO THEM!

Original review: March 1, 2019

My granddaughter had her taxes done by Jackson Hewit. She is 19, single mother, and barely making it. To file her federal taxes as a head of household with 1 dependent, and getting earned income credit. No itemizing. You can’t get any simpler than this. They charged her $458. Broken down to 369 for federal, $14 for storage, and $75 for Assisted refund. I called to complain, but before I did that, I asked what their fees were to do what I described above. "I’m sorry, we can’t give you fees because the fees are generated by the computer when you are done." I’m doing her taxes next year. I wish she asked before she went there.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I filed my taxes with Jackson Hewitt for the first time this year. I chose them because they had a loan advance program. The preparer filed everything but her printer was broken so she gave me no paperwork. I was told I had to have the American Express Serve card in order to get the loan and the funds will post between one hour to ten days. After fourteen days I called wondering why the funds weren’t on the card. The same preparer got an attitude - told me she filed the same way for everyone and told me “it’s not her deal, I was going to have to call the bank.”

I called the bank and they said there’s no loan request submitted. When I called Jackson Hewitt back the preparer was much nicer and explained she just realized the “computer glitched,” and the paperwork never got filed. I had to go back in and re file. The money surprisingly went through within 10 minutes. I then went to an ATM and found out you cannot withdraw money (even though Jackson Hewitt says you can!). After charging me $450 dollars to file my taxes they said gave me a $20 dollar credit for the mistake but did not. I really would not suggest using them - it has been nothing but stress. By the way if you’re lucky enough to get a card that will let you withdraw you have to go to a specific ATM so good luck finding one.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I went to get my taxes done and found out that J/H mailed out discounts of $75 off preparation. I never got a mailer and I have used J/H for over 5 years. I got the discount last year, but they stiffed me this year. I will go to a competitor next year, as a loyal customer, they do not seem to have any loyalty when it comes to repeat customers.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

The clerk asked me personal questions which I didn't even respond to, tells me it's 179 for the filing and turns out she charges me 500 skd then spells my name wrong messing up the whole process, claims I had made a certain amount but my earnings didn't equal that, said I was denied the 2500 advance yet she said I was approved and a card would be seen to me. Never got it, as well I get the card with the wrong name after she she says she corrected it, I end up only getting less than half of my refund. I can't get ahold of them. I called and called and now they are not even taking any appointments to figure out what the heck went wrong. How can I get this handled? JACKSON HEWITT YOU GUYS ARE FRAUD. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS EVER AGAIN THERE. YOU GUYS ROBBED ME AND I WANT MY MONEY!!! How can I get this taken care of? Anyone knows the correct channels to go thru?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Do not for nothing do your taxes with these thieves. They will get you. They do not care about you. These guys do not work straight. Go do your taxas somewhere else or you will be sitting here writing a negative review like the rest of us. Not gonna tell you what happened to me but it was very negative. If you don't believe me go have your own personal bad experience with these no good things that don't work straight.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Jackson Hewitt is a big ugly rip off. These folks full of BS charged me 185 to file a regular W2 with no dependent so you know I didn't get much back as expected. To top it off I also was charged 50 for a bank fee that I was not informed about upon filing my taxes. One thing I learned is to never file my taxes with these scammers ever again. It's a shame they are allowed to do this to people. You've been warned. Learn to do your own taxes unless you like doing business with crooks!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I usually have H&R Block do my income taxes but this year decided to try this company. I should have walked away when they couldn’t give me a price until they virtually figured out my simple tax but didn’t. The cost was much higher than I usually pay so I told her to give me back my papers and I would return to my other company. She said, “Wait, we compete with H&R Block so let me send a message to the main office to see if I can do it for less”. She ended up lowering the cost by $80.

I let her do the taxes since I had invested 40 minutes already. I came home and watched their commercial that plays often saying if person switches to their company, there is a $200 perk. I called the office asking about it and kept getting the runaround. The person I “needed to talk to” was never available. I called 6 different times over a two week period with no return call from them. I finally gave up. I wish I would have read the awful reviews before I used them. Lesson learned.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I normally go to H&R Block to do my taxes and the result is the same...awesome!! But this year I decided to try JH because of the money advance. Christmas really wrung me out so I needed some funds to get over the hump. It was still January so I use my last check stubs. The tax prep asked me if I wanted the advance and gave me limit options. I opted for the 2500 but only received 200$ on a prepaid card that I couldn't even withdraw cash from. So that was a letdown then the outrageous fees...500$ for tax prep??? Why?

So in February the tax prep told me to bring in my w2s and I would get the remainder of the 2500, that of course was a setup to get me to finish filing my taxes and allow them to add on a second tax prep fee. That second go around my card was loaded with 300$. So now I'm out of between the loan and the tax prep, 1000$. What a ripoff. Plus they messed up my state tax and I ended up owing instead of getting a refund. I will never go back to JH again, this has been the most frustrating tax season ever and usually around tax season you get a little relief...not this year. Tax season has been one emotional rollercoaster. I will make sure I tell any and everybody to stay away from Jackson Hewitt! I will let the public know what a charlatan this company is!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I am currently at a loss for words so I can’t even write much. I can only state that I was expecting a return and when it came it was missing an entire thousand dollars and when I called them their response was they charged me $998 to prep my taxes and my taxes are not complicated in any way. It’s just a basic return and this was highway robbery because I was never told that it was gonna cost this much. I would’ve walked out of there and they really did my family wrong because we really needed it. I have always used H&R Block and have never been charged such an absurd amount and I am absolutely livid.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

My husband and I have been going to Jackson Hewitt for years now, and this year has been a disaster. We never got the email for registering the Serve card online and we filed OVER a month ago! When we try and contact anyone they keep telling us that we'll get an email when the return is sent. No matter how much we try and tell that that we're not asking about when the money is going to be there, but why we never got the email to set up online and get the personalized card. Plus on top of that we had to file our state return separately when our original filer said they would put it through when the government re-opened. I think we will definitely be going somewhere else next year.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I have been going to Jackson Hewitt for years and was happy with their tax preparation, however this year the person I normally dealt with was not there. The new supposed office manager filled out our taxes and in two different cases I had to tell him how to fill out the forms for schedules that were not just your basic 1040. In reviewing the final tax form I discovered he still hadn't filled them out correctly. I am extremely unhappy!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I went to Jackson Hewitt to get my taxes filed. Was granted an instant return for $1,100 on one of their American Express Serve cards. Once the taxes were done and waiting for the money to be put on the card nothing showed up. After calling their office we found out that they did the exact opposite from what they said they were going to do instead of putting the money on the card They put the Instant return to my bank account instead of on the card and put the rest of the tax return on the card instead of the bank account leaving us in limbo till we find out if the money is going to be put into the account now 1 to 5 days. This is because of a typo that they did inside their computer that cannot be reversed. I've used this company for 10 years. I can guarantee you I will not be going back to Jackson Hewitt. Do yourself a huge favor and double-check their work before you leave their office.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Went to Jackson Hewitt likening do every year. This year was a complete disaster. First they couldn't do the state return because obviously they didn't have the right software so I had to keep going back every week until they could finally do it so then I'm waiting on my federal for forever only to see nothing is changing on the website just said processing so I finally talk to a federal employee who says that I have to send in additional info. I should receive a letter between now and three weeks so she's telling me there is a form that should have been sent eww with my taxes that wasn't. I'm super pissed. I will be doing my own taxes next year although I've been coming to JH for over 5 years!!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

This is the 2nd year I have used Jackson Hewitt and it will be my last. Over a $7,000 refund and only a $1500 advance. We can't register the American Express Serve card because an email was never sent and we cannot get anyone on the phone to find out how to correct it or to find out if the rest of our refund will go on the temporary card. Like many others we have children and bills and really need the extra money right now just to make ends meet, get caught up, and make sure we have transportation to get us back and forth to work to support our family the rest of the year. To be a top rated company they have poor Customer Service and are about to lose a lot of customers!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

So disappointed. The worst first experience I have ever had with a company. I haven't ever used a professional tax preparer, but some things happened and I needed to get my refund back quicker for a fee through the refund advance offered by Jackson Hewitt. I set an appointment for 2pm at Arab and I was there on time for my appointment. I was under the impression that the representatives at the booths are actually the ones preparing the taxes, apparently this is not the case, so my information had to be sent to someone else to file and I had asked about the refund advance and wanted to make sure that I would be able to get paid today as I have a bill I need to pay.

The rep stated that wouldn't be an issue and said that the tax preparer would be done with my taxes within an hour or so and would call me to sign paperwork and to get the card. I waited around till 4pm and still hadn't heard anything, so I went back up to the rep and she explained she was having issues with the technology. No big deal, but would have liked to receive a call about it so I could decide next steps. Rep stated that she could take pictures of my information and send it to this person. I asked at this point where this person is located because I am very much in need of getting this money in hand today, and she said that this other rep is at the Guntersville Walmart and that this rep would actually be able to prepare the taxes to be filed.

So I drove to the other Walmart and had explained the situation to this new rep and she tells me as soon as I get there that most people that have the card actually have funds within a half hour of activating the card, so again telling me I would be walking away with money in hand even though it was almost 5 at this point and banks would be closing. Elizabeth was the name of this rep and she was super sweet and relatable and we discussed life and why I was in the situation that I am today, again I have said repeatedly that I need to have this money today and that is the only reason I would be using a tax preparer instead of doing it myself.

So the appointment goes off without a hitch and even though I am not getting as much as I thought I would, at least I have enough to pay said Bill and that in the end is worth it. I was taken back at the amount that was charged for the prep and asked if that was standard for a tax return, because 179 sounds a bit steep when you are advertising 48 for federal, but again, I was in a rush, so I would pay the fee and deal with it. So Elizabeth got everything filed and started printing the paperwork and did not bother to go through and show me any of it just stating that the paperwork is unnecessary.

Once everything was submitted and she pulled out the card she tells me that I will be getting a 100 gift card and that the amount of taxes would be loaded on the card, and only after all was said and done she said that it could be on there tonight or it could be so much as 21 days for it to be on this card that I received, but that it could take even longer if I got declined for the refund advance and at this point tells me that the refund advance is not a guarantee and that it could take longer to get the refund, even longer than if I had filed online, which we had discussed previously.

I am very defeated at this point because I thought I would be getting more back, which I had dealt with, but flat out being lied to, multiple times by this rep was absolutely unacceptable and when she sensed my distress she stated that she gave me 20% off of the fee because of the inconvenience of having to drive down and wait and all that, and that a way to quick money would be these referrals that if I tell friends, family, or even strangers. She stated that if I stood outside of her booth and gave people that walked up this piece of paper and as long as they filed their taxes with her that both the stranger and I would get money from it.

This bothered me even further as I had expressed my dislike of the tax preparer trade as the fees to me are outrageous. Needless to say I will not be returning to this establishment, ever. Furthermore, I will be reaching out to corporate to have the refund that was filed with them to be cancelled. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any business.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I did my taxes at Jackson Hewitt. Got approved for the advance on February 2nd. Here it is now February 21st and I still haven't got the advance but I got my taxes. Now I am fighting with the bank to give me a check. They said they sent one and I told him I didn't receive it so they put a stop payment on it and sent me out another one. Still don't got it.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

We filed with Jackson Hewitt this year. When you file they give you documentation that tells you all of the fees and such they take out and you sign it saying you understand and agree. I added up the fees to know what I was getting back and also looked at the IRS website. I am missing 400+ extra dollars that can't be accounted for on any of my documents that Jackson Hewitt took out. If they were hidden fees then they aren't listed on our tax forms and we paid nearly thousand dollars just to file with them. Either they legit stole money from us or neglected to list all of their fees. Either way it's completely unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I am a 2nd time returning customer with Jackson Hewitt. I am extremely dissatisfied with their performance this time around. I had an okay experience with the actual appointment and the staff was rather friendly. But I have had issues with my return. I filed 22 days ago and still do not have a date for my return. Not only do I not have a date I have a code 9001. When I called twice to speak with them about it they said they could not look into anything unless I received a letter from the IRS. So why did I pay them over 400$ to prepare my taxes? Not to mention 2 days after I filed I went to go back over my return and noticed they put the wrong last name on 1 of my dependents. So I called them and they reassured they fixed it within a day. Not so confident that they fixed it considering I can’t pull up any of my information on the IRS website. I will be calling tomorrow. I will never go back to Jackson Hewitt again. It was an extreme waste of my money. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

This was my first time ever filing with Jackson Hewitt and I hate to say that is not worth the refund. Preparer barely spoke with me as he was inputting my information. I had to constantly stop him and ask questions. He also told me that all fees and repayment of loan would come from my federal. I filed over 21 days ago and still havent received a date as to when my federal taxes will arrive. It's still processing. I just learned that my entire state would be taken but wasnt aware. Almost everything they advertised wasnt true.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Jackson Hewitt charges a tremendous amount of money for filing almost 600 dollars, that is totally overcharging customers. They also advertise you will get your deposit as soon as it is received by the IRS however it is then held by Republic Bank. In addition they advertise get your money 2 days faster which also does not take place. This business should be investigated to the fullest extent. 600 dollars for efile is robbery. Last time filing with Jackson Hewitt. One star is too much. They deserve a big x.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

The lady filed my taxes wrong. Like a 1099 when I own the business. Three years no problem with small business, first time with big company and got audited. It's a year later and no help from Jackson Hewitt even though I got the gold guarantee!! They are a joke and do not know what they're doing. I will be looking into filing a lawsuit against them!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I just had my taxes prepared and filed by Jackson Hewitt. I am a return customer, but never again will I have their services again. I was qualified for head of household, and they didn't give me the credit, and didn't know till I filed. They say they will give you the maximum refund but that is a lie. They say they will give you $100 if not the most refund back, if others get you more credit, that is a lie. All based on my experience. They say, as well, they base your loan off of your return amount, but again, that's a lie.

I don't do cash loans or payday loans or credit cards or anything like that. I don't owe people money. I work and take care of my 2 boys, and I'm not qualified for them to take some cash out of my refund and give it to me. The tax prep person didn't even tell me of any services offered, let alone the 2 loans available. Guess I'm suppose to be a mind reader and see that they rip people off and scam them with their lies. They lost me as a customer. Last yr they screwed me out of $50 for referrals and being a new customer... Guess I shouldn't have went back. Was hoping they fixed their issues, but sounds like they keep getting away with their scamming.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I am so annoyed with the runaround with Jackson Hewitt. Called on 2/11/2019 to ask why my state refund was "in review". Preparer said they would call by end of day... No call. I understand that the office may be busy so I call back today as they STILL haven't called me. Preparer says, "I see there's a problem with your state return. I'll call you back in 30 minutes." Hour later... No call so I go into the office. Manager tells me she is in the phone with tech support trying to figure it out. I waited for an hour for her to tell me that they are going to call her back in a few days with a resolution... Not acceptable.

I call their National customer service number and I'm told the IRS stopped by STATE return. Made absolutely no sense to me because they deal with federal returns. Call IRS, they say they didn't stop anything and assured me that in their system it doesn't appear that I owe anybody anything so there would be no need to stop my taxes. They also told me that my federal was accepted and being processed. Call corporate back, different person says "IRS typically doesn't deal with the state"... He also tells me that whatever the issue is it's up to the tax preparer to fix it... Call the local office back. I have to wait for the manager to come back to work but she'll be in touch with me when tech support is in touch with her. Unlike most other complaints I was satisfied with the fees and the refund advance... But the runaround in why my state return is in limbo is totally unacceptable. How are you even a manager if you don't know what the problem is?

Jackson Hewitt Company Information