Owe the IRS $10k+ in Tax Debt?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.35/5

1302 Jackson Hewitt Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 27, 2019

This is the first time my husband and I have ever used Jackson Hewitt and it will be the last. First the lady lost my husband's social security card. Then a week later called to tell us it was in their desk drawer. Since it was out first time we were offered 100 off preparation and 100 gift card through email. Never got the email gift card. Then they came back and said we had to fill out fraud papers cause someone used my 9 yr old social. Then they had to mail in our taxes. Still have received our state taxes and we filed in March. Called to ask about the gift card that was promised and they said, "Well since you had to mail in your return we can’t offer you that." Was never told about that. This company is the worst. WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!

Original review: May 14, 2019

The preparer was not qualified. Too frequently, her response was, "Have to check with my supervisor". I knew about filing taxes than she did. Trying to build a relationship for the future. She was not familiar with the taxable wage brackets, did not know about filing online vs paper copies, had me do both unnecessarily. When I complained the company did not seem to care.

Original review: May 11, 2019

After two months help filing my taxes I could not get a hold of anybody. All the stores are closed. I had to deal with the IRS. Got a call from the IRS. There's no sense in dealing with these scammers when you have to deal with the IRS yourself then. The stores are only open here in my town one store one day a week for about 4 hours so hopefully the employees not sick then you'll have to wait a week for your check like I was going to have to do. The worst tax preparing Company by far in the nation. I will never do business with these scammers again!!!

Original review: May 9, 2019

I am a first time user of Jackson Hewitt and I will never use them again. I have never received my Walmart e-gift card for being a Walmart employee. I have been calling talking to escalation who has been no help. They now said I’m a loser because the gift card is in my email and it is not there. I checked my inbox, spam trash, junk, everything, it is not there. I never got the $100 for switching from a different company. I will never use them and I hope none of you will use them too. They are full of empty promises when they advertise. You are the worst company ever...

Original review: May 5, 2019

I filed my taxes on February 2018.. Got my state refund with no problems even though my name was misspelled. Received a letter from the IRS. Went a few days ago to verify my identity.. No luck. Went back and picked up my 1040 form. Lady wouldn't even type my name correctly. Now I have to go back to IRS in two months for the same problem.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Hewitt?

Original review: April 16, 2019

Worst experience I’ve had in my life...waited for almost three hours to be seen. Finally sat down. She reviewed my taxes, eating a banana and pulling food out of her mouth cause she didn’t like the texture...disgusting, it’s just me and my husband filing nothing complex whatsoever, both have W-2's. Took her two hours to complete while she answered the phone and helped others. Charged me out the ** to file. I will never ever go back to the awful company. She told me I would have been charged way more at H&R Block to file. My parents own their own business with stacks of papers and receipts and take their taxes to an actual CPA. Get charged the same amount. I was charged for three W-2’s. I knew I wasn’t going to get much back this year but now I’ve broken even because of the god awful filing price. Terrible service, terrible everything!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

This was my first time filing my taxes with Jackson Hewitt inside of Walmart. I’ve had to come three times, and each time it seems like the ladies did not know what to do. I’m sitting here waiting on my third appointment. My appointment time was 1:00 and I’m just now getting seen at 1:32pm no apologies.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I made an appointment to have my taxes done for a second year in a row and had an awful experience. The fees are outrageous and I sat there for a full three hours waiting and left having paid but now I have to go back next week to another location 45 minutes away because they were not able to resolve their issues and print out the papers to sign. The agent seemed engaged and personable, but there was no help or support from corporate when needed. The supervisor went to lunch while I was sitting there waiting for something to happen.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I filed tax return with JH. The person who did it for me try to do the least he could. He did not check all the number and made a lot of mistakes. He was so careless and irresponsible. Although he work for JH, I had to help him with tax filing because he does not know enough about taxes. Their service is very poor and irresponsible. All they want is my money, that's it. They made a lot of mistakes and gave me troubles with IRS. I am so unhappy with them. PLEASE DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I went to Jackson Hewitt on February 2, 2019 and had my taxes done and the still waiting to get them back the person that did my taxes forgot to add in my 1095 form. So to make a long story short I will not be returning to Jackson Hewitt next year they really don’t care about what you have experienced or been through because I called home office and no one never called me back or did anything. It doesn’t make any sense they charge you so much but want refund the money when they mess up your taxes.

Jackson Hewitt Company Information