Get matched with the best Tax Relief company for you!

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.41/5

Jackson Hewitt Reviews

Original review: June 15, 2019

1st and last experience with Jackson Hewitt. Worst Experience ever and poor Customer Service.Their fees are Outrageous but I thought being a bigger name they ought to be good. So being a single mom tight on money I still spent the $400. Patiently waited 3 MONTHS and hadn't received or heard anything about my taxes. So I decided to finally call the office that I filed at AFTER calling the State 1st and being told they had No record of it. Princeton, MN office 300 21st Ave Princeton, MN THEN tells me well you're suppose to fill out a form along with your taxes and send them in?

1st off I was NEVER NOT once given a "form" along with my paperwork that they supposedly filed and NEVER was I ever told I needed to send or do ANYTHING for that matter. Secondly so WTF did I pay $400 for then if I have to do it myself? When I could've just filed it myself then for FREE. I paid the fee so I could have the convenience of not having the hassle of having to do it being a single mom and my busy schedule. I was then told I could NOT speak to a Supervisor and to just leave a msg and that they do NOT give back any sort of reimbursement for any of the fees I paid. Very rude lady, completely unsympathetic and could care less. Very unprofessional. I most certainly will not be returning and I will be sure to share my story with anyone that I come across and will not be recommending this business to any of my business friends or friends/family.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Omg!! Save your money and NEVER go to Jackson Hewitt!! Jean from Jackson Hewitt on Deerfield Rd in Orlando was my tax preparer. This woman lied to me and said Jackson Hewitt would refund my fee just to get my business. She messed up my tax return then lied and said "don't worry my manager has approved for us to refund your fee $150." Now, the building closed and everyone at Jackson Hewitt swears they don't know what I am taking about!! Bad business and liars!! Somebody needs to go to jail for lying to customers!! Do yourself a favor and go to H&R block!!

Original review: May 27, 2019

This is the first time my husband and I have ever used Jackson Hewitt and it will be the last. First the lady lost my husband's social security card. Then a week later called to tell us it was in their desk drawer. Since it was out first time we were offered 100 off preparation and 100 gift card through email. Never got the email gift card. Then they came back and said we had to fill out fraud papers cause someone used my 9 yr old social. Then they had to mail in our taxes. Still have received our state taxes and we filed in March. Called to ask about the gift card that was promised and they said, "Well since you had to mail in your return we can’t offer you that." Was never told about that. This company is the worst. WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!!

Original review: May 14, 2019

The preparer was not qualified. Too frequently, her response was, "Have to check with my supervisor". I knew about filing taxes than she did. Trying to build a relationship for the future. She was not familiar with the taxable wage brackets, did not know about filing online vs paper copies, had me do both unnecessarily. When I complained the company did not seem to care.

Original review: May 11, 2019

After two months help filing my taxes I could not get a hold of anybody. All the stores are closed. I had to deal with the IRS. Got a call from the IRS. There's no sense in dealing with these scammers when you have to deal with the IRS yourself then. The stores are only open here in my town one store one day a week for about 4 hours so hopefully the employees not sick then you'll have to wait a week for your check like I was going to have to do. The worst tax preparing Company by far in the nation. I will never do business with these scammers again!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Jackson Hewitt?

Original review: May 9, 2019

I am a first time user of Jackson Hewitt and I will never use them again. I have never received my Walmart e-gift card for being a Walmart employee. I have been calling talking to escalation who has been no help. They now said I’m a loser because the gift card is in my email and it is not there. I checked my inbox, spam trash, junk, everything, it is not there. I never got the $100 for switching from a different company. I will never use them and I hope none of you will use them too. They are full of empty promises when they advertise. You are the worst company ever...

Original review: May 5, 2019

I filed my taxes on February 2018.. Got my state refund with no problems even though my name was misspelled. Received a letter from the IRS. Went a few days ago to verify my identity.. No luck. Went back and picked up my 1040 form. Lady wouldn't even type my name correctly. Now I have to go back to IRS in two months for the same problem.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Worst experience I’ve had in my life...waited for almost three hours to be seen. Finally sat down. She reviewed my taxes, eating a banana and pulling food out of her mouth cause she didn’t like the texture...disgusting, it’s just me and my husband filing nothing complex whatsoever, both have W-2's. Took her two hours to complete while she answered the phone and helped others. Charged me out the ** to file. I will never ever go back to the awful company. She told me I would have been charged way more at H&R Block to file. My parents own their own business with stacks of papers and receipts and take their taxes to an actual CPA. Get charged the same amount. I was charged for three W-2’s. I knew I wasn’t going to get much back this year but now I’ve broken even because of the god awful filing price. Terrible service, terrible everything!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

This was my first time filing my taxes with Jackson Hewitt inside of Walmart. I’ve had to come three times, and each time it seems like the ladies did not know what to do. I’m sitting here waiting on my third appointment. My appointment time was 1:00 and I’m just now getting seen at 1:32pm no apologies.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I made an appointment to have my taxes done for a second year in a row and had an awful experience. The fees are outrageous and I sat there for a full three hours waiting and left having paid but now I have to go back next week to another location 45 minutes away because they were not able to resolve their issues and print out the papers to sign. The agent seemed engaged and personable, but there was no help or support from corporate when needed. The supervisor went to lunch while I was sitting there waiting for something to happen.

Jackson Hewitt Company Information