2. Gold IRA Companies

4.8/5 (500 ratings)

About Goldco

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

Pros

• Offers gold & silver IRAs
  • Free retirement resources
  • Get info online or over the phone

Cons

• Only gold & silver IRAs, no precious metal accounts

Bottom Line

Goldco is a gold and silver IRA firm that helps consumers set up and maintain their self-directed retirement accounts. While Goldco only offers gold and silver IRAs, it does allow consumers to invest in other precious metals within these accounts.

Goldco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

My experience was great. The Goldco rep was very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They helped me to understand how I could roll my IRA from work into a precious metal IRA. I am extremely happy with your service and I have promoted Goldco to my friends and family. Thank you!

Resolution response: Sept. 9, 2021

At this point GoldCo and I settled this. Thank you to Ryan ** @ GoldCo for working to make this right!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I, like many others have concerns about my retirement funds (I am 57). I reached out to Goldco to discuss how to protect some of my assets. I explained to my rep, Carl that preserving assets was my main objective. Carl assured me he understood and that I was making a wise choice. However, Carl never mentioned the EXTREME markup that I was being charged and as of today I am 40,000 in the hole. I made this purchase in April 2021. I was treated as though I was an idiot for questioning this. I simply wanted to know why this was not disclosed when I was working with my rep. Imagine stating capital preservation as your goal only to lose 20k overnight, and as I mentioned it is now 40k. I could not be more unhappy and I feel like I was ripped off...or at minimum kept in the dark on details. Never again... I gave 2 stars instead of 1 ONLY because Ryan Sacks who works with Carl is a stellar representative.

Goldco response

We apologize for the experience you had. As you can see from the 1000s of 5-Star reviews we have, this isn’t how we handle our customers. If you don’t mind, management would like to find out more about what happened during your experience. A sales manager will reach out to you to clear up any confusion and ensure that you are a satisfied customer. Also, thank you for taking the time to write a review. All reviews help us improve our business practices and policies.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I found Goldco online while looking for the best company to rollover my IRA to a precious metal IRA and purchase hard assets. After doing a bit of research, talking to several companies, reading reviews and comparisons we chose Goldco. The overall experience was very professional and helpful. The John and Carl, the Account Executives were patient, helpful and informative, with no pressure. I highly recommend Goldco. This is my first experience in this market.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Being a new customer to buying gold and silver I was very leery and nervous. I wanted to diversify my retirement. I talked to few people at Goldco and everyone took their time to explain all and answer my questions, they made me feel very comfortable in my purchase. I would recommend them to all.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I was treated great. He gave me all the answers to every question that I could think of. He also gave me info to some things that I didn’t even think about. The whole transaction was smooth without any hitches. I will use this company again to add to my account. Thanks again. J.G.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

The people at Goldco are very easy to work with. Just a phone call and things get moving right away. They are able to answer any questions I have and are very polite. I would recommend doing business with them for your precious metals purchases.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I did something that I can't imagine me ever doing as I know nothing about medals except for the most part, they are pretty. Tim & Tony were most helpful even if they could not find Gold Freedom for me to purchase. I know my inexperience was very frustrating and I apologize for what to them were stupid questions. I hope that I will be even more pleased upon receipt of order.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I had several phone calls with Jack Oliver, he was patient and informative. I am new to this type of investment and had questions that he was able to explain without making me feel like they were dumb questions. Overall a good experience.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I worked with Josh. I called in one day to get information. Josh came into the call. Helped me every step. Gave me a lot of information. I am happy with the coins he recommended. I already told 2 other people about Goldco.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I am extremely pleased to have made the switch from my 401k to a precious metals funded IRA. Everyone worked professionally with me and my previous company. It was a flawless transaction. I was made aware of all steps that were being taken. Goldco you are outstanding! Thank you for being there during these extraordinary times. Laura M

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

Josh Leslie helped me in every step of the way. He helped pick out what kind of silver to buy. I was not sure what kind of silver to buy. He answered all my questions. I would highly recommend him to help you get your account started today.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I had done a considerable amount of research concerning the purchase of physical precious metals before contacting Goldco. I have a decent knowledge of the metals markets, experience with FOREX, can read candlestick charts, understand the Bid and Ask prices, and can execute successful trades based on Entry and Exit points within a chart. So, I thought I knew what I needed to know in order to make an educated purchase of physical precious metals. From the very moment I began conversations with Goldco, I came to realize my knowledge was on the kindergarten level compared to the education I was about to receive from Goldco!! And, that education was given in a relaxed, succinct, comprehensive, thorough, and professional manner.

I immediately felt at ease, excited, and eager to hear everything I was about to learn. There was not one moment when I felt even a glimpse of pressure as, from the onset, it was made very clear to me that the objective was to help me understand every detail of the precious metals I am interested in as well as the entire procurement process so that I could make the best decision for my circumstance. I learned more than what I could have imagined learning [...you could also say I didn't quite complete all the research I should have :-) - but Goldco took care of that for me; absolutely!]. A few of the elements include the differences between physical metal and mined metal, bullion vs coins, modern vs premium metals, the grades/quality of metals produced by various mints.

I also learned about the CUSIP security coding, storage, security, future access; and, which metals are in greater demand and what creates that demand. Goldco answered every question I was prepared to ask; and every question that arose during our delightful discussions - without hesitation. I am truly grateful for the assistance I have received from Goldco and am extremely pleased and confident of the decision I have made based on everything Goldco helped me to understand. And, I did it all without have to divulge my SSN or birth date. If that isn't the epitome of security, then I have no idea what is!!! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

What I have done is place a small percentage of my available assets to see how it works out with you. It is a test to determine where future assets go. My experience was that your reps were informative, insistent, and I will work with them again if this turns out to be a good investment. Time will tell.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

My experience with GOLDCO has been very positive. The representative I deal with (David) has been so helpful and really held my hand through the whole process. I recommend this company to anyone considering the purchase of precious metals.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I had a very good experience with GOLDCO. I talked with two different employees multiple times. They were both friendly and knowledgeable. They answered any and all questions I had. I would definitely recommend GOLDCO.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Tony Pino helped me through a challenging and formidable task of transferring my IRAs to precious metals investment. His professionalism and technical knowledge was invaluable to me and most informative in making the right decisions.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Not knowing the ins and outs of a precious metals IRA, I was somewhat reluctant to even look into one. Since my first call with Goldco, any fear I had has disappeared. Carl, Ruby, and Donella have been great. My confidence is high, and I'm feeling pretty good right now about choosing them for my IRA. I certainly would recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I have just finished a transaction to open a GoldCo IRA with a rollover from my traditional plan. The entire experience was very professionally handled and the transaction was done in a very timely manner. I was very pleased with the detailed directions and assistance that I received from all of those involved within the GoldCo company. I feel this is going to be a great plan for me and will definitely recommend it to others. Thank you all at GoldCo.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

David Taylor was professional and very responsive. I had signed up with two other brokers before going with Goldco and a big part was due to David. He was also very informative in helping with the purchase of precious metals. Highly recommend.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Rad was a good salesman..talks a little fast but did a good job. David was also good, getting my info. Telephone calls were good and helpful..to the point. All in all a good experience. Would recommend Goldco, so far, to others.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I must say I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to rollover a portion of my IRA. I am confident that I have made the right decision to invest in physical gold and silver in these uncertain times.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Account executive Walter ** patiently educated us about investing in precious metals and led us through the process. Deborah ** took charge of the details of paperwork, making the process streamlined and worry free.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I must admit I am very cautious when it comes to my family's security and was a bit skeptical when my wife suggested we diversify our savings into precious metals. With so many companies out there vying for attention it was exhausting finding an outfit that took the time with us to answer ALL our questions. Ben Monaci the account executive we connected with at Goldco was engaging, informative, patient, and went out of his way to ensure we were confident and informed. Our IRA roll over went off smoothly and we are well pleased with our experience.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I have dealt with a number of personnel from Goldco over the past week. I have found them all to be most courteous and professional at all times. I have enjoyed working with them and highly recommend their service.

Original review: July 30, 2021

I decided to try GoldCo by ordering a quantity of silver coins. The representative, Reggie Johnson, spent a good half hour going over my options and explaining everything clearly. In fact, he talked with me several times before I ever placed my order. I went to my bank today to send a wire transfer which was accomplished this morning. By 1:00 pm I had gotten a call back from Reggie and another person verifying that the wire transfer had gone through and that an email with detailed info would be arriving by this evening. It did, and I am very pleased with the customer service that GoldCo provides. It is unusual in today's business environment and says a lot about the company and its employees and their values.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Extremely happy with I made, the people I spoke with throughout the whole process were very helpful and most of all extremely knowledgeable and very pleasant to talk to, I look forward to a long-term relations with plenty of opportunities to buy other metals to improve on my retirement funds, I am so excited to have gotten started with the right people to guide me thru it all step by step, thank you very much for helping me make the right decision.

Original review: July 24, 2021

David was easy to communicate with and very informative. There wasn't a lot of pressure as he guided thru the investment process. I checked out the BBB and the reviews before deciding to go with Goldco.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I recently rolled over my IRA and my experience with Gold Co was pleasant and painless. My representative was very knowledgeable and kept me informed with every step of the process and answered all my questions. They even assisted me with rolling over my funds. I highly recommend this company, it was a good experience.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I am researching the top five precious metals programs. Goldco has a great education presentation, and explanation. After sending forty-five minutes with the host and specialist I was given plenty of time to have my numerous questions answered. I know you will find Goldco friendly and informative. Alan

Original review: July 13, 2021

After a few e-sign glitches, my experience with Goldco was satisfying. Any problems we had were ironed out expertly and as thoroughly as possible. Everyone I spoke to was courteous and patient with me.

Goldco Company Information