4.8/5 (742 ratings)

About Goldco

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

Pros

• Offers gold & silver IRAs
  • Free retirement resources
  • Get info online or over the phone

Cons

• Only gold & silver IRAs, no precious metal accounts

Bottom Line

Goldco is a gold and silver IRA firm that helps consumers set up and maintain their self-directed retirement accounts. While Goldco only offers gold and silver IRAs, it does allow consumers to invest in other precious metals within these accounts.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: June 14, 2022

I worked with Mr. Robin Hubbard in making a direct buy of gold and silver. The gold to be self stored by me as a savings protection measure. The silver to be depository stored by GoldCo as an investment in hopes of swapping silver for gold at a later date. As a first-time buyer of precious metals I did many months of self research and information gathering, including looking at and calling more than one precious metals dealer. After reading 2022 precious metal dealer reviews and rankings I called two GoldCo competitors before calling GoldCo. I finally called GoldCo and the difference was night and day.

Above all others, GoldCo seemed ready to do business with a first-timer like myself. Despite being a small buyer, at no time did GoldCo make me feel any less important than big time precious metals buyers. They treated my like I was a big time buyer. The two GoldCo competitors I called seemed insincere and disinterested as if I was too small an investor for them to deal with.

As a highly motivated buyer I asked a great many questions and Mr. Hubbard did an outstanding job answering them. Additionally, he was instrumental in the expeditious assistance in funding, gaining approvals and in having the Confirmation Department contacting me with important transaction information regarding my buy. I am glad I made the final decision to do business with GoldCo. I look forward to discussing my shipment updates, monitoring my GoldCo investments and transacting future business with GoldCo. Well Done GoldCo Team!

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I decided to move some of my investment money to gold and silver to protect against inflation and the declining dollar. After reviewing a few sites, I decided to go with Goldco. They responded immediately to my inquiries and helped me understand my options and how their pricing was determined. After deciding to make a purchase, I set up an account by following the process outlined on their website. After I funded my account, they called to determine what exactly I wanted to purchase. They gave me a choice of common bullion, premium coins, or proof coins or a combination of them.

They explained that bullion and proofs appeared overpriced compared to the premium coins did their best to steer me in that direction which I finally decided to do. They also indicated that gold prices were out of line in comparison to silver when the historical ratio of the prices was compared to the current ratio. I finally settled on 75% gold and 25% silver though I was told most buyers were going with 25% gold and 75% silver. I'm planning on this being long-term investment. Then they suggested what coins in silver and gold to buy. At the end, I was satisfied with the process and felt that they had given me worthwhile suggestions during the process. Time will tell if I made good choices.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Silver has just become a recent interest to me to diversify my portfolio. I normally have my 401(k) on auto pilot and not very comfortable with moving my own funds. I did some research and Goldco was one of the companies that caught my attention. I talk to from some friends that work on Wall Street, I did some Internet research including business bureau, then I initiated my communication. Ben Monaci was my initial point of contact. He was very professional and very helpful and easy to create a friendly relationship with. I am a man of many questions and I could not wear him out :-). Ben gave me the information I needed but was never pushy and laid down the path for things to happen quick and efficiently.

Smooth transition to the depository, Preferred Trust, transfer of funds and everything was readily secured. I initiated service when they were offering me 10% (up to 10000) additional coins (in account) for the transaction and one silver coin (direct to me) for initiating the first transaction. The transactions are being followed up with email and hard copy sent to my home. This whole thing is very unfamiliar grounds for me but everybody that I have dealt with so far made it very comfortable and efficient. Ben reassured me that he would be there every step of the way to secure my new investment.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

My experience with Goldco has been a totally new experience for me since I stumbled upon all of this by accident, responding to a website that offered a free book on inflation and its effects. I've been concerned about the economy and my investments for several months and had really been considering investing in gold and silver but hadn't done anything about it. As soon as I typed in my address and phone number I immediately received a phone call from Joshua Hoffman.

I was very skeptical at first and was concerned that all of this might be a scam since scams are so prevalent these days. He assured me that I needed to check out the Goldco website and check for myself which I did and found out that I was dealing with a highly rated legitimate company, how relieved I was. Since then I have dealt with Carl Oliverio who was extremely comforting and understanding of my fears about such a major investment as well as David Yoo. They were all very professional yet kind and patient with me since this is totally foreign to me. Carl explained all the types of gold and silver funds and the pros and cons of each fund so that it was easy to make a decision. It was very reassuring knowing that they will be in touch quarterly.

Joshua was so good about keeping in touch that first week assuring me that I was making the right decision and encouraging me to stay strong when withdrawing a portion of my funds from my investment advisors, not an easy feat since I have been with them for about 12 years and have had a good relationship with them thus far. I hope and pray that this is the beginning of a good and successful relationship with Goldco and Equity Trust.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I had done a considerable amount of research concerning the purchase of physical precious metals before contacting Goldco. I have a decent knowledge of the metals markets, experience with FOREX, can read candlestick charts, understand the Bid and Ask prices, and can execute successful trades based on Entry and Exit points within a chart. So, I thought I knew what I needed to know in order to make an educated purchase of physical precious metals. From the very moment I began conversations with Goldco, I came to realize my knowledge was on the kindergarten level compared to the education I was about to receive from Goldco!! And, that education was given in a relaxed, succinct, comprehensive, thorough, and professional manner.

I immediately felt at ease, excited, and eager to hear everything I was about to learn. There was not one moment when I felt even a glimpse of pressure as, from the onset, it was made very clear to me that the objective was to help me understand every detail of the precious metals I am interested in as well as the entire procurement process so that I could make the best decision for my circumstance. I learned more than what I could have imagined learning [...you could also say I didn't quite complete all the research I should have :-) - but Goldco took care of that for me; absolutely!]. A few of the elements include the differences between physical metal and mined metal, bullion vs coins, modern vs premium metals, the grades/quality of metals produced by various mints.

I also learned about the CUSIP security coding, storage, security, future access; and, which metals are in greater demand and what creates that demand. Goldco answered every question I was prepared to ask; and every question that arose during our delightful discussions - without hesitation. I am truly grateful for the assistance I have received from Goldco and am extremely pleased and confident of the decision I have made based on everything Goldco helped me to understand. And, I did it all without have to divulge my SSN or birth date. If that isn't the epitome of security, then I have no idea what is!!! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Original review: June 21, 2022

The entire process was seamless. My initial contact addressed many of my questions and did a great job of explaining the overall process step by step. Every person I worked with was extremely professional and was totally competent in their respective function. Each person made me feel comfortable and confident in the transaction. Everyone asked if I had any questions, which was very reassuring. Great experience!!!

Original review: June 21, 2022

Carl was extremely helpful in explaining the different options and choices available. This is my first time in the metals market and even though you don't give financial advice, your opinions and advice matter to those of us who are new. Your explanations make a difference in the choices we make. Letting us know trends and choices of others helps a great deal.

Original review: June 18, 2022

When I called Goldco, I got a response the same day! The service was very professional but also considerate of my unique situation. I needed information regarding setting up an IRA funded by precious metals. I am very happy with the service I received from the professionals from Goldco.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Highly competent and thorough professionals helped my decision. By making the decision to purchase gold and silver so quickly, The entire process was informative, expertly run and satisfying. Robin Hubbard made the entire process smooth and answered all of my questions. I would definitely recommend Goldco to friends and family because of the positive experience.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Believe Goldco led me towards the best performance of investments with my long term savings and goals. Helped increase my knowledge in precious metals. Provided fairly expedient service in openly my accounts and processing the paperwork throughout the entire process.

Goldco Company Information