2. Gold IRA Companies
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.82/5

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

We also offer direct sales of precious metals coins and bullion to collectors and investors.

View More View More

Goldco Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I had a very good experience with Goldco. Beginning with my first contact with Trevor, to my many subsequent conversations with Sal, I was educated about the precious metals market and the advantages of investing in them. There was no pressure put on me at any time. When I needed time to mull over what I learned that particular day Sal never complained about my ending the conversation. We'd set a time for him to call back and he always did. After numerous calls and investigation I made my investment. Through this whole investment process Sal made it feel like I was talking to a longtime friend. Goldco is a great company if you want to invest in precious metals. I heartily recommend them, especially Trevor and Sal.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

In my process of selecting a precious metals broker, I found an ad for Goldco and requested some educational literature. I shortly received a phone call from an account executive who spent considerable time educating me as to precious metals, types, market drivers, global influence on metal values, and the many threats to the value of the U.S. dollar. After deciding to engage Goldco for the transfer of my traditional IRA to a new custodian recommended by Goldco, I dealt with a IRA Specialist who was very helpful in facilitating the custodian to custodian transfer. Then was assisted by a sales coordinator to help me with the selection of metals to purchase, invoice, and ship my metals to the IRA custodian. I received very professional service from each Goldco representative I dealt with and highly recommend this firm.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I've wanted to purchase actual gold and silver coins for a long time, but didn't know how to go about doing so. I actually don't remember how I found out about Goldco (sorry) but I have been very satisfied with their professionalism and the ease with which I was able to transfer funds into a self-directed IRA and use those funds to purchase the coins I was interested in owning. Rick Dougherty explained everything I asked very clearly, and was incredibly helpful in walking me through the processes necessary to actually purchase my coins. I'm very impressed with this company, and would recommend them to anyone interested in purchasing precious metals.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I decided recently to transfer my 403b into a gold IRA. I was very selective in what company I chose to manage my new financial endeavor. Research pointed me to Goldco as the one to proceed with. I have been more than satisfied with the professionalism and efficiency that Goldco has demonstrated. My executive account advisor Robert has given me confidence in my decision and has made me feel very comfortable providing an open door policy for calling him anytime with my questions and concerns. At this time I would highly recommend at minimum calling Goldco to get the conversation started. This conversation could very well be one of the best financial conversations you may ever have.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've worked with Goldco Precious Metals in the past and have always had positive results with them. About a couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by Johnny Cuda and he offered a great deal on some silver that Goldco had just come in possession of. Between Johnny and a lady named Patricia Loya, we were able to get my money transferred from another outfit to Goldco. After this, I spoke with Jim Assalley and Lauren Romestant, they helped me finalize the deal of some beautiful lucky silver dragons I purchased. I am extremely happy about the purchase and will continue to do business with Goldco. They did a great job for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

The timing for the information I received couldn't have been more timely. The buzz from the stock market was making me nervous about my retirement funds. The people at Goldco (especially Carl) were all very friendly and helpful, and the process couldn't have gone more smoothly. I am feeling very good about my transaction and that my money is well invested. Gold and Silver have always been touted as something you should have so I am very happy to have it now. Thank you Goldco.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I was looking to buy some additional gold and silver when I filled out an inquiry about Goldco and was contacted by Kenny **. He sent me literature about Goldco which I read and forgot about it for a while, then I received an e-mail offering additional gold if I invested into gold and silver from Goldco. Which reminded me that I needed to follow thru with my investing into gold and silver, so I called Ben ** and was very helpful with my purchase, he took his time to explain what I wanted to know to make the purchase. So thanks to everyone at Goldco that helped me. Randall

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

GOLDCO made the process of rolling over some TSP funds into a Directed IRA easy. My executive agent (David B.) and the other account set-up agents were very helpful with their guidance and recommendations.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Being a senior now I am interested in Gold & Silver for a IRA and after talking to Mr. David Brein of Goldco I thought the right choice was to invest my 401k in precious metals. This investment would serve its purpose in the future in case the market takes a dive I would have something to fall back on.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Hi my name is Charles and recently I met a salesperson named Reggie Johnson and it's nice to speak to a salesman that was different than all the others. He was different than the rest, not pushy and very polite. I wish all the people I talk to. Thanks for all the information you told me about. So all I can say is thanks to Reggie Johnson. Bye for now but I'm sure we will be speaking again soon. Talk to you later. Charles ** and thanks.

Goldco expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Goldco Precious Metals help individuals looking to diversify their retirement investments and ensure future financial security. The company specializes in precious metals investments and aiding customers in opening Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) that include gold, silver and other metals. Goldco Precious Metals provides each customer access to experts who can help them make informed decisions regarding opening precious metals IRAs or adding metals to a current IRA.

• Hedge against government money problems: Goldco Precious Metals focuses on investments that help provide a secure financial future, even in the face of problems like the rapid expansion of money supply via The Federal Reserve.

• Customer service assistance: Customers of Goldco Precious Metals are assigned two experts who can provide help and advice regarding their precious metals IRAs.

• Reduce fees and taxes: This company helps individuals cut investment fees and taxes as they transfer from stocks and bonds to precious metals investments.

• Free guide: Goldco Precious Metals provides free information about using precious metals to secure financial health, including a free Gold IRA Guide, a free Silver IRA Guide and detailed website overviews of various gold and silver coins.

• Hands-on help: When a Goldco Precious Metals customer decides to roll over an existing retirement account to a precious metals IRA, the company works with the existing retirement account company to ensure a smooth transaction without any added taxes or penalties.

• Best for: Goldco is best for anyone looking to diversify investments, retirees and savers.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor