2. Gold IRA Companies

4.8/5 (500 ratings)

About Goldco

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

Pros

• Offers gold & silver IRAs
  • Free retirement resources
  • Get info online or over the phone

Cons

• Only gold & silver IRAs, no precious metal accounts

Bottom Line

Goldco is a gold and silver IRA firm that helps consumers set up and maintain their self-directed retirement accounts. While Goldco only offers gold and silver IRAs, it does allow consumers to invest in other precious metals within these accounts.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

Goldco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I had done a considerable amount of research concerning the purchase of physical precious metals before contacting Goldco. I have a decent knowledge of the metals markets, experience with FOREX, can read candlestick charts, understand the Bid and Ask prices, and can execute successful trades based on Entry and Exit points within a chart. So, I thought I knew what I needed to know in order to make an educated purchase of physical precious metals. From the very moment I began conversations with Goldco, I came to realize my knowledge was on the kindergarten level compared to the education I was about to receive from Goldco!! And, that education was given in a relaxed, succinct, comprehensive, thorough, and professional manner.

I immediately felt at ease, excited, and eager to hear everything I was about to learn. There was not one moment when I felt even a glimpse of pressure as, from the onset, it was made very clear to me that the objective was to help me understand every detail of the precious metals I am interested in as well as the entire procurement process so that I could make the best decision for my circumstance. I learned more than what I could have imagined learning [...you could also say I didn't quite complete all the research I should have :-) - but Goldco took care of that for me; absolutely!]. A few of the elements include the differences between physical metal and mined metal, bullion vs coins, modern vs premium metals, the grades/quality of metals produced by various mints.

I also learned about the CUSIP security coding, storage, security, future access; and, which metals are in greater demand and what creates that demand. Goldco answered every question I was prepared to ask; and every question that arose during our delightful discussions - without hesitation. I am truly grateful for the assistance I have received from Goldco and am extremely pleased and confident of the decision I have made based on everything Goldco helped me to understand. And, I did it all without have to divulge my SSN or birth date. If that isn't the epitome of security, then I have no idea what is!!! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Several months ago I could see a potential threat to my Personal Retirement due to the direction our current Government! I knew I needed to look into another way to try and protect some of my Retirement. I was of course concerned and very leary because I was looking to Invest a large amount of money. I came across Goldco online and began checking them out. I found nothing but good info from numerous Consumer Protection Agencies along with many Customer Reviews! I made the call and was fortunate to make contact with Marty. With his patience and ability to answer all my questions after many Phone Calls back and forth for several months I finally felt comfortable enough to move forward and I couldn't be more satisfied with that decision! Actually wish I would have moved quicker.

Marty then put me in touch with John who then walked me through a "clear and uncomplicated" procedure which again left me feeling very comfortable and satisfied with this "Big Decision"! I couldn't be happier to now be part of the Goldco Family! I definitely recommend them to any serious investor looking to protect part of their Retirement including my Family and Friends...

Original review: May 13, 2021

I had a Great Experience with the GOLDCO professionals that I worked with. Joshua Hoffman and Ben Monaci were excellent. They both shared with me the current marketplace situation and Joe Biden's administration changes that are going to affect all of our 401K retirement plans and increase in Future taxes to all of us. They provided me a means of protecting my paper assets by investing in Gold and Silver Metals. Ben was especially patient with me with all the questions I asked. He ensured that I felt comfortable and confident in the decisions I was making.

We spoke on several occasions to ensure that my transaction went smoothly. I kept him up to date every step of the way during the roll-over of my 401K, to the check cutting to the mail-back of the check to the structuring of the account etc. All in all, the process went very smoothly due to his assistance and the others that I met and worked with along the way. I would highly recommend to my family and friends, should the situation arise for them, to use GOLDCO services. I'm glad I decided to protect my assets with Gold and Silver metals. I now have a greater peace-of-mind for my financial future. Don **

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I decided to diversify my retirement account by investing in gold and contacted several gold and coin companies. I wanted to do business with a California company and I contacted a company that I had talked to in the past and was not satisfied with the responses I was getting. I went on the internet and looked for top rated gold and coin companies and liked what I read about GOLDCO, a highly rated company. I had been reading about gold getting scarce and when I talked to John, a representative at GOLDCO he said he would try to fill my order, but was not optimistic.

John said he would get back to me no later than Monday of the following week. John called early on Thursday to tell me he could not fill my gold order, but he had investment grade silver coins available if I was interested. His opinion was that silver, at this time, had a greater upside compared to gold. I recall in reading one of my investment letters, the editor said he has diversified his investment portfolio with investment grade gold and silver coins. I had also read that based on historical comparisons of silver to gold, silver had the greater upside. With that in mind I purchased the investment grade silver coins.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I recently began my research into areas which have done well during market volatility, and during times when the Federal Government entered periods of hyper spending and the printing of dollars to "help the economy", aka 2020. After deciding that owning metals or metals stocks might be of interest to me, I made contact with Goldco, and was introduced to Walter Dombrowski. Our first conversation was informative, but left me with many more questions than answers about precious metals and the benefits of a metals retirement account. I sent a number of communications to Walt because gold and silver investing was so foreign to me, and he responded to every inquiry, professionally, timely and more like a professor engaging his student who he wanted to understand the subject, not just regurgitate the data and talking points.

I have now opened a self directed metals IRA, as well as a non qualified account. We had a clear and concise reason to purchase the coins that we did, and we have a specific strategy to follow certain market indicators and exit the position(s) if certain plateaus are achieved. We already have a reallocation and diversification overlay planned out should we take profits and decide to reinvest some or all of the proceeds. I'm also open to owning some or all of these metals for the long haul and eventually passing the coins down to my children and grandchildren. I highly recommend Goldco, their support staff and Walter Dombrowski in particular.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

We have had great interactions with Senior Account Executive Jack Oliver. He has taken the time to educate us on Gold & Silver so that we have been able to make the correct decision for our investment plan. He makes himself available when we have questions and helped us to be better able to understand the market and the nuisances of precious metal investing options.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

The best financial move I have made is diversifying my existing IRA with precious metals from Goldco. I highly recommend for you to do the research, choose your investment and relax knowing GOLDCO has you covered. The process was easy and my GOLDCO representative was the best! He is very knowledgeable about precious metals and sharing his educated perspective made me feel very comfortable with my choice to invest with GOLDCO.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

So appreciative to Dave McFarland and all of the team who assisted me through this process. They were kind, patient and professional each step of the process. I moved previous moneys in an IRA invested in stocks, ETFs, and money markets funds. Now in a Gold IRA. Can't tell you what a relief this is to me now knowing my investments are safe.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I was very pleased with how Kenny and Carl educated and made me confident in what I was doing as this was my first time to purchase any precious metals, so I was very nervous. Thank you so much for your assistance and thank you Goldco, I have shared your contact information with my group. I feel like I am being taken care of by Kenny and Carl at Goldco. Thank you, Celeste **

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

It's never an easy decision to put retirement money into an unfamiliar asset class such as precious metals, but after having several conversations with Jason Kent of Goldco, my high comfort level that I had with him helped put my mind at ease in making such a decision.

Goldco Company Information