4.8/5 (1153 ratings)

About Goldco

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

Pros

• Offers gold & silver IRAs
  • Free retirement resources
  • Get info online or over the phone

Cons

• Only gold & silver IRAs, no precious metal accounts

Bottom Line

Goldco is a gold and silver IRA firm that helps consumers set up and maintain their self-directed retirement accounts. While Goldco only offers gold and silver IRAs, it does allow consumers to invest in other precious metals within these accounts.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

Goldco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

GoldCo helped me convert my retirement funds to precious metals, plus they gave me an additional 10% in free silver to sweeten the deal. I found them to be efficient, helpful, and transparent, and I have no regrets. I would, however, caution prospective investors to understand that GoldCo's business is focused on buying and selling premium bullion such as limited edition, collector quality, proof coins rather than common bullion such as bars or rounds. If you are only interested in the melt-value of the precious metals, GoldCo may not be the best choice for you.

With proof quality coins, there is a significant premium at the time of purchase but also a greater opportunity to realize a larger return at the time of sale. I found that the premium that GoldCo charges is competitive to, or better than, anything that I could buy on the open market for a comparable product. Of course, there is always the risk that the world bursts into flames and society as we currently recognize it, is totally dismantled; at which point, melt value might be all you can get, but I suspect that then you'll probably have bigger problems to worry about than the loss of premium. That said, if you were invested in premium bullion and you felt the need to convert to common bullion, GoldCo offers that as an option, note that as with any precious metals dealer, a standard conversion fee will apply.

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2022

The past six months of losses in the stock market were driving me crazy. I saw the previous generation forestall their retirement when the market crashed in 2008 and was determined not to fall into the same trap. The time to diversify is now before all is lost. That being said I turned to precious metals. However now the bigger question was what company to choose. With so many choices and hours of research the task seemed daunting. I was getting ready to go with another company and saw the Goldco advertisement and they had all the best ratings and more. So, I gave them a call to get the details on opening a rollover account.

I first spoke with Debra, and she was so knowledgeable it made me feel that I was in the right place. She walked me through setting up the account and completing the transaction in no time. Afterwards Michael came onboard and guided me through the options for choosing precious metals. He was absolutely great. A veteran of the industry for sure. All that said and believe me I was skeptical throughout the process waiting for a bomb to drop however it never did. This was truly fantastic perfect customer support on every level. Along with the peace of mind of making a sound financial decision.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I worked with Mr. Robin Hubbard in making a direct buy of gold and silver. The gold to be self stored by me as a savings protection measure. The silver to be depository stored by GoldCo as an investment in hopes of swapping silver for gold at a later date. As a first-time buyer of precious metals I did many months of self research and information gathering, including looking at and calling more than one precious metals dealer. After reading 2022 precious metal dealer reviews and rankings I called two GoldCo competitors before calling GoldCo. I finally called GoldCo and the difference was night and day.

Above all others, GoldCo seemed ready to do business with a first-timer like myself. Despite being a small buyer, at no time did GoldCo make me feel any less important than big time precious metals buyers. They treated my like I was a big time buyer. The two GoldCo competitors I called seemed insincere and disinterested as if I was too small an investor for them to deal with.

As a highly motivated buyer I asked a great many questions and Mr. Hubbard did an outstanding job answering them. Additionally, he was instrumental in the expeditious assistance in funding, gaining approvals and in having the Confirmation Department contacting me with important transaction information regarding my buy. I am glad I made the final decision to do business with GoldCo. I look forward to discussing my shipment updates, monitoring my GoldCo investments and transacting future business with GoldCo. Well Done GoldCo Team!

Original review: April 26, 2022

I had never heard of a Precious Metals IRA before and did not know what to expect. I did a quick search of Precious Metals IRA on the internet and found GOLDCO during the search. The reviews looked great already so I contacted GOLDCO and I am super happy I did. Everyone I spoke to were 100% friendly and helpful in guiding me to what I needed.

At one point I explained to Arthur Schwartz (the Senior Account Executive) I was in contact with. That I was clueless on what I needed to do to switch over my 403-b to Precious Metal IRA and he assured me that it would be super simple and quick and they (GOLDCO) would handle most of the work and paperwork. They did handle all the work and paperwork and I only had to provide the 403-b information and account.

I by no means am a huge investor, I was a Police Officer for 32+ years and only had my 403-b account to switch over. Everyone at GOLDCO treated me like I was the most important investor to them when I spoke to them. I wish I had contacted GOLDCO sooner and will definitely be investing with them in the future. I have already given out GOLDCO's information to my friends and family for their investment questions and IRA program.

Original review: April 20, 2022

I decided to move some of my investment money to gold and silver to protect against inflation and the declining dollar. After reviewing a few sites, I decided to go with Goldco. They responded immediately to my inquiries and helped me understand my options and how their pricing was determined. After deciding to make a purchase, I set up an account by following the process outlined on their website. After I funded my account, they called to determine what exactly I wanted to purchase. They gave me a choice of common bullion, premium coins, or proof coins or a combination of them.

They explained that bullion and proofs appeared overpriced compared to the premium coins did their best to steer me in that direction which I finally decided to do. They also indicated that gold prices were out of line in comparison to silver when the historical ratio of the prices was compared to the current ratio. I finally settled on 75% gold and 25% silver though I was told most buyers were going with 25% gold and 75% silver. I'm planning on this being long-term investment. Then they suggested what coins in silver and gold to buy. At the end, I was satisfied with the process and felt that they had given me worthwhile suggestions during the process. Time will tell if I made good choices.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

Overall satisfied with the entire process. I do have questions about why the process took so long and why so many people had to be involved in the process..My review is not very detailed at this point because the entire process is not finished..

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

It has been a very good experience so far. They were very helpful and informative. They answered all my questions to satisfaction. I am very confident I will receive what I purchased. I contacted them, asked some questions, and found I was not ready to buy yet. They were patient enough to wait for weeks until I was able to purchase. I purchased some precious metals from them, and I am considering transferring my 401K to a Gold IRA through them. I am looking forward to doing more business with them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Had the best service with Sal, he is very patient and pleasant on the phone. Was able to invest in silver for my portfolio. Love the service at Goldco and have recommended to others. The process was easy and fast.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

My account was set up super fast. In these uncertain times, I feel better with my money invested in precious metals. I am hoping for a good return on my investment since the markets are tanking. With the uncertainty of the dollar, I know my money is safe in metals! Thank you Goldco!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

GOLDCO makes it so easy for me a senior to purchase gold and silver. Customer service is awesome. Very easy to contact. Walter explains everything so that I understand. I am very happy to have found GOLDCO. I believe I have good protection with gold and silver.

Goldco Company Information