2. Gold IRA Companies
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.81/5

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

We also offer direct sales of precious metals coins and bullion to collectors and investors.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Goldco Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I've wanted to purchase actual gold and silver coins for a long time, but didn't know how to go about doing so. I actually don't remember how I found out about Goldco (sorry) but I have been very satisfied with their professionalism and the ease with which I was able to transfer funds into a self-directed IRA and use those funds to purchase the coins I was interested in owning. Rick Dougherty explained everything I asked very clearly, and was incredibly helpful in walking me through the processes necessary to actually purchase my coins. I'm very impressed with this company, and would recommend them to anyone interested in purchasing precious metals.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I decided recently to transfer my 403b into a gold IRA. I was very selective in what company I chose to manage my new financial endeavor. Research pointed me to Goldco as the one to proceed with. I have been more than satisfied with the professionalism and efficiency that Goldco has demonstrated. My executive account advisor Robert has given me confidence in my decision and has made me feel very comfortable providing an open door policy for calling him anytime with my questions and concerns. At this time I would highly recommend at minimum calling Goldco to get the conversation started. This conversation could very well be one of the best financial conversations you may ever have.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I want to thank Reggie and Patricia Loya, GOLDCO representatives who assisted me in opening a new IRA account with GOLDCO. Both of these professionals assisted in the roll over of my current IRA Account into a precious metals account. This is my first investment in the purchase of gold and silver. My previous IRA was involved in Mutual Funds and annuity. This account I had for approximately 7 years and it was going nowhere. I decided to look into precious metals to see what kind of future for my retirement. I hope, I made the right choice for my retirement.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Due to questions that I have had involving the stability of our economy, I know that precious metals like gold and silver are an excellent, stable investment. In searching for a very reputable company to assist me in my transfer of my IRA account funds, Goldco stood out as the most reliable. In my research, I know they employ very experienced and knowledgeable personnel. In visiting with a couple of Goldco employees, I believed they were the best company to assist me in my future planning. I would recommend them to anyone. :)

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've worked with Goldco Precious Metals in the past and have always had positive results with them. About a couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by Johnny Cuda and he offered a great deal on some silver that Goldco had just come in possession of. Between Johnny and a lady named Patricia Loya, we were able to get my money transferred from another outfit to Goldco. After this, I spoke with Jim Assalley and Lauren Romestant, they helped me finalize the deal of some beautiful lucky silver dragons I purchased. I am extremely happy about the purchase and will continue to do business with Goldco. They did a great job for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Hi, While that staff at Goldco are incredibly knowledgeable, easy to talk to, and provide great service, I always leave the table feeling terrible about my purchases with Goldco. Mostly because I am not a financial guru, and do not have any real experience in this industry. In order for me to feel good about my buying decisions I need to read and see in print what coins are available. I have the kind of brain that you can talk to me all day long, and I will not retain very much, but when I see it, when I read it, then, and only then I can understand it. I need to know the pricing I am getting is fair, and I need a few days to think about the coins that interest me. So far it’s really been a wham, bam, slam, that has me feeling bad about my buying decisions for various reasons.

The last two purchases have left me with great regret. I just made a recent purchase of which you are inquiring about, and to be honest, I wish I could undo it. Again, the staff has been great, but I do not feel like I am doing well for myself doing business with Goldco, I feel like I am way overpaying, and as I combine other small IRA’s that I have, I will look to branching out and seeing how other vendors do business. Robert.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

Smooth Transfer from Employee 401K to Precious Metal IRA. This is the 3rd transfer I have done with Goldco and everything always goes so smoothly. They call me quarterly, which is the schedule I prefer, to update me and offer recommendations and then they walk thru the transfer process with me on the line and make sure everything is done correctly and to my satisfaction.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I find it very refreshing to be able to speak with people that not only know about cryptocurrencies but are invested themselves. This wasn't the case on my first purchase back in January 2018 but thankfully that has since changed and I've made 3 more purchases since then. Personally, I'm a crypto trader and I've been invested in them since early 2017. :-)

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

Selection of Type of Gold to purchase. I found Gold Co very helpful and honest about the process of converting part of my 401k to precious metals. Justin of Gold Co was key to my success of purchasing, my precious metals.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

Just completed the process of converting/opening a new Self Directed IRA from a 401K. My contacts Robert, Ruby and Lauren made it a smooth transition from the company 401K to my Self Directed IRA, with precious metals. The professional and timely manner in which GOLDCO handled the transaction is greatly appreciated.

Goldco expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Goldco Precious Metals help individuals looking to diversify their retirement investments and ensure future financial security. The company specializes in precious metals investments and aiding customers in opening Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) that include gold, silver and other metals. Goldco Precious Metals provides each customer access to experts who can help them make informed decisions regarding opening precious metals IRAs or adding metals to a current IRA.

• Hedge against government money problems: Goldco Precious Metals focuses on investments that help provide a secure financial future, even in the face of problems like the rapid expansion of money supply via The Federal Reserve.

• Customer service assistance: Customers of Goldco Precious Metals are assigned two experts who can provide help and advice regarding their precious metals IRAs.

• Reduce fees and taxes: This company helps individuals cut investment fees and taxes as they transfer from stocks and bonds to precious metals investments.

• Free guide: Goldco Precious Metals provides free information about using precious metals to secure financial health, including a free Gold IRA Guide, a free Silver IRA Guide and detailed website overviews of various gold and silver coins.

• Hands-on help: When a Goldco Precious Metals customer decides to roll over an existing retirement account to a precious metals IRA, the company works with the existing retirement account company to ensure a smooth transaction without any added taxes or penalties.

• Best for: Goldco is best for anyone looking to diversify investments, retirees and savers.

by Barbara Friedberg Personal Finance Contributing Editor