4.8/5 (565 ratings)

About Goldco

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

Pros

• Offers gold & silver IRAs
  • Free retirement resources
  • Get info online or over the phone

Cons

• Only gold & silver IRAs, no precious metal accounts

Bottom Line

Goldco is a gold and silver IRA firm that helps consumers set up and maintain their self-directed retirement accounts. While Goldco only offers gold and silver IRAs, it does allow consumers to invest in other precious metals within these accounts.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

Goldco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Silver has just become a recent interest to me to diversify my portfolio. I normally have my 401(k) on auto pilot and not very comfortable with moving my own funds. I did some research and Goldco was one of the companies that caught my attention. I talk to from some friends that work on Wall Street, I did some Internet research including business bureau, then I initiated my communication. Ben Monaci was my initial point of contact. He was very professional and very helpful and easy to create a friendly relationship with. I am a man of many questions and I could not wear him out :-). Ben gave me the information I needed but was never pushy and laid down the path for things to happen quick and efficiently.

Smooth transition to the depository, Preferred Trust, transfer of funds and everything was readily secured. I initiated service when they were offering me 10% (up to 10000) additional coins (in account) for the transaction and one silver coin (direct to me) for initiating the first transaction. The transactions are being followed up with email and hard copy sent to my home. This whole thing is very unfamiliar grounds for me but everybody that I have dealt with so far made it very comfortable and efficient. Ben reassured me that he would be there every step of the way to secure my new investment.

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

My experience with Goldco has been a totally new experience for me since I stumbled upon all of this by accident, responding to a website that offered a free book on inflation and its effects. I've been concerned about the economy and my investments for several months and had really been considering investing in gold and silver but hadn't done anything about it. As soon as I typed in my address and phone number I immediately received a phone call from Joshua Hoffman.

I was very skeptical at first and was concerned that all of this might be a scam since scams are so prevalent these days. He assured me that I needed to check out the Goldco website and check for myself which I did and found out that I was dealing with a highly rated legitimate company, how relieved I was. Since then I have dealt with Carl Oliverio who was extremely comforting and understanding of my fears about such a major investment as well as David Yoo. They were all very professional yet kind and patient with me since this is totally foreign to me. Carl explained all the types of gold and silver funds and the pros and cons of each fund so that it was easy to make a decision. It was very reassuring knowing that they will be in touch quarterly.

Joshua was so good about keeping in touch that first week assuring me that I was making the right decision and encouraging me to stay strong when withdrawing a portion of my funds from my investment advisors, not an easy feat since I have been with them for about 12 years and have had a good relationship with them thus far. I hope and pray that this is the beginning of a good and successful relationship with Goldco and Equity Trust.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I had done a considerable amount of research concerning the purchase of physical precious metals before contacting Goldco. I have a decent knowledge of the metals markets, experience with FOREX, can read candlestick charts, understand the Bid and Ask prices, and can execute successful trades based on Entry and Exit points within a chart. So, I thought I knew what I needed to know in order to make an educated purchase of physical precious metals. From the very moment I began conversations with Goldco, I came to realize my knowledge was on the kindergarten level compared to the education I was about to receive from Goldco!! And, that education was given in a relaxed, succinct, comprehensive, thorough, and professional manner.

I immediately felt at ease, excited, and eager to hear everything I was about to learn. There was not one moment when I felt even a glimpse of pressure as, from the onset, it was made very clear to me that the objective was to help me understand every detail of the precious metals I am interested in as well as the entire procurement process so that I could make the best decision for my circumstance. I learned more than what I could have imagined learning [...you could also say I didn't quite complete all the research I should have :-) - but Goldco took care of that for me; absolutely!]. A few of the elements include the differences between physical metal and mined metal, bullion vs coins, modern vs premium metals, the grades/quality of metals produced by various mints.

I also learned about the CUSIP security coding, storage, security, future access; and, which metals are in greater demand and what creates that demand. Goldco answered every question I was prepared to ask; and every question that arose during our delightful discussions - without hesitation. I am truly grateful for the assistance I have received from Goldco and am extremely pleased and confident of the decision I have made based on everything Goldco helped me to understand. And, I did it all without have to divulge my SSN or birth date. If that isn't the epitome of security, then I have no idea what is!!! Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I had a Great Experience with the GOLDCO professionals that I worked with. Joshua Hoffman and Ben Monaci were excellent. They both shared with me the current marketplace situation and Joe Biden's administration changes that are going to affect all of our 401K retirement plans and increase in Future taxes to all of us. They provided me a means of protecting my paper assets by investing in Gold and Silver Metals. Ben was especially patient with me with all the questions I asked. He ensured that I felt comfortable and confident in the decisions I was making.

We spoke on several occasions to ensure that my transaction went smoothly. I kept him up to date every step of the way during the roll-over of my 401K, to the check cutting to the mail-back of the check to the structuring of the account etc. All in all, the process went very smoothly due to his assistance and the others that I met and worked with along the way. I would highly recommend to my family and friends, should the situation arise for them, to use GOLDCO services. I'm glad I decided to protect my assets with Gold and Silver metals. I now have a greater peace-of-mind for my financial future. Don **

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I decided to diversify my retirement account by investing in gold and contacted several gold and coin companies. I wanted to do business with a California company and I contacted a company that I had talked to in the past and was not satisfied with the responses I was getting. I went on the internet and looked for top rated gold and coin companies and liked what I read about GOLDCO, a highly rated company. I had been reading about gold getting scarce and when I talked to John, a representative at GOLDCO he said he would try to fill my order, but was not optimistic.

John said he would get back to me no later than Monday of the following week. John called early on Thursday to tell me he could not fill my gold order, but he had investment grade silver coins available if I was interested. His opinion was that silver, at this time, had a greater upside compared to gold. I recall in reading one of my investment letters, the editor said he has diversified his investment portfolio with investment grade gold and silver coins. I had also read that based on historical comparisons of silver to gold, silver had the greater upside. With that in mind I purchased the investment grade silver coins.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

We used Goldco to set up precious metals IRAs for both myself and my wife. Carl Oliverio did an excellent job of walking us through the process to create the IRAs, help us fund them, and select appropriate metals for the IRAs. Thank you Carl.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

The Whole Precious Metals account process with Gold Co was very organized and transparent. Representatives stay in touch and help with any questions. Would highly recommend them to friends and associates.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Intuition played a part here. Karl has been very understanding in my process to purchase precious metals in the last 6+months. Education, selection, quantity and Instructions on how to purchase were clear and understandable easy. The experience was fantastic. His associates were quick and professional to fulfill my order. I look forward to working with this group again in the near future. Thank you, VKH

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

I have wanted to move my traditional retirement accounts into something more stable, such as precious metals, for some time now. My teacher, Rasaji, recommended Gold Co. I made an appointment and within a day I had a consultation with a Gold Co representative who walked me every step of the process with confidence, ease and grace. Gold Co spent hours on the phone with me to ensure nothing got missed in the transfer and that all of my questions were answered. Each person I have talked to at Gold Co has been knowledgeable, efficient, trustworthy and timely. The process could not have been easier. Thank you, Gold Co for taking the stress and worry out of my investments!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Jack Oliver was always professional, and highly knowledgeable in our discussions. He took the time to answer my questions in a very helpful way. As we got into the discussion of my potential investments in detail, he thoroughly presented various options. I would recommend GOLDCO to friends/family looking for a hedge against inflation.

Goldco Company Information