It's that easy Request Information
4.82/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

We also offer direct sales of precious metals coins and bullion to collectors and investors.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

165 Goldco Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 25, 2019

I have wanted/needed to do a precious metals IRA for a while now, but didn't know how to go about it. I chose Goldco because of Ron Paul's endorsement/affiliation and my trust in him. Carl Oliverio's guidance and assistance has been invaluable and I am breathing easier now that this process has been completed. Everyone I have worked with (Carl, Joyce, Lauren) has been wonderful! I highly recommend Goldco.

Get expert buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Due to questions that I have had involving the stability of our economy, I know that precious metals like gold and silver are an excellent, stable investment. In searching for a very reputable company to assist me in my transfer of my IRA account funds, Goldco stood out as the most reliable. In my research, I know they employ very experienced and knowledgeable personnel. In visiting with a couple of Goldco employees, I believed they were the best company to assist me in my future planning. I would recommend them to anyone. :)

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've worked with Goldco Precious Metals in the past and have always had positive results with them. About a couple of weeks ago, I was contacted by Johnny Cuda and he offered a great deal on some silver that Goldco had just come in possession of. Between Johnny and a lady named Patricia Loya, we were able to get my money transferred from another outfit to Goldco. After this, I spoke with Jim Assalley and Lauren Romestant, they helped me finalize the deal of some beautiful lucky silver dragons I purchased. I am extremely happy about the purchase and will continue to do business with Goldco. They did a great job for me.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Moved 30% of 401K into a standard IRA. After hesitating to make this move for 3 years, reading and listening to much advice. I was finally helped in a way where I felt comfortable with the information I was receiving. Coached with compassion by Albert Christifano through the whole process and my purchase went exactly how I wanted to, thank you to Albert and his staff.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I handled the transaction for my parents. Goldco was patient and helpful. They advised me to only move a portion of the savings into silver, keeping the majority of funds liquid for my parents in the event of an early distribution. I was quite satisfied and understand this is long term insurance, not an investment. They made everything very clear and walked me through every page of the application.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: May 14, 2019

Was able to purchase a bitcoin and Patricia was very helpful. She was patient and answered all of my questions. She was also very fast as the price of the coin is changing rapidly. It was a pleasure working with her and would do it again.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I can’t say enough about how I’ve been treated by the professional team at Goldco. They are very knowledgeable, professionals and very consumer oriented. You have a great comfort level working with their staff and having a honest feeling they are by your side when needed.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Everyone at Strata is extremely professional, helpful and dedicated to servicing their clients. They make me comfortable to place my gold and silver with them. I would highly recommend their services to others.

Original review: May 7, 2019

Lauren Romestant was very professional and pleasant to deal with as she confirmed my purchase of silver with Goldco into my newly established IRA. As I asked her to repeat information I missed as I made notes she was very patient. All of the information she provided in an email that arrived within 10-15 minutes of our discussion. I was very impressed with the service level.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Everyone I have spoken with in making this first time purchase of precious metal has been very professional and patient with me in explaining your program. I appreciate the great follow up by the sales staff.

Original review: May 1, 2019

My first transaction with precious metals was simple and easy. Representatives took the time to explain the entire process and answer any and all questions that I had. Transferred my IRA in days rather than weeks from a large bank. Looking forward to a prosperous future with Goldco!

Original review: April 30, 2019

Opening an account was easier than we expect it to be, we were impressed with the no pressure and professional assistance in making our choices. This is a start in diversifying our portfolios and will use you again in the future.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Couldn't be happier with the way my experience with my purchasing of my Silver IRA went. Jace Kent handled the whole matter from start to finish with the greatest of professionalism. I have already recommended GOLDCO to a couple of my friends.

Original review: April 16, 2019

My experience with Loran and Gold Co have been great. I like the personal touch that I experience with Josh. I have rolled over two IRA's so far and will continue to use Gold Co for my precious metal investments.

Original review: April 9, 2019

This was my third order from Goldco. It was the largest by far and everything was handled smoothly from start to finish. Discussions commenced with an offer for a much larger order regarding 285 Gold Dragons but was scaled down to 175 Gold Dragons because of prior plans to enlarge our holdings of Tax-free Bonds.

Original review: April 2, 2019

My experience with Goldco has been pleasant the whole way through. Though the process is arduous they make it as easy as possible. They are always available to help answer questions and untangle the various parts. I especially like their friendly customer service.

Original review: March 26, 2019

From the time I first started looking into adding hard assets to my portfolio until the completion of the first transaction, Goldco has been upfront and professional during each contact. They have been patient and worked around my schedule to discuss every step necessary to complete the process. I am ready to ride the train!

Original review: March 22, 2019

Lauren was awesome assisting me in setting up my account. She was patient, explained the details and just made everything easy. And Robert Morelock was not pushy, he explained the advantages and let me make up my mind. I appreciate the process.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I am a first time precious metals buyer and want to express how pleased I was with the experience I had with Goldco in this transaction. They walked me through the process with great detailed information from which I could make informed decisions. I look forward to future dealings with Goldco and will recommend them to friends likewise interested in metals investment.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I found Josh and the two ladies I spoke with to be very helpful and informative concerning my IRA account to be moved into a gold and silver transfer IRA account. I am happy with my decision to make a change. I would recommend Josh to help others I know, to make a change in their IRA.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I was extremely pleased with the courtesy and professionalism that Goldco offered me. I didn’t know exactly what I wanted, but after talking to a representative for a little while, everything was crystal clear and I would definitely recommend using their service!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Goldco tells you to invest your money, the coins will be valued less, and when you sell you will get more money and pay less taxes. RIPOFF, when you go to sell they tell you it will take more coins to sell than the money you want and on top of this they charge you to send the money. The taxes are also equal, even though the price of gold has gone up and they were supposed to buy them back, we have lost money. Do NOT use this company, they take your money and lie!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I contacted GoldCo in 2016 regarding the Self Directed IRA for my retirement savings. They will get the metals for you, but the investment follow up afterwards is all up to you. They will assist you with setting up the IRA account. You are left to watch as the prices raise and fall and dwindle away your retirement. If you are not investment savvy, Don't Do IT! Keep your retirement in a Vanguard IRA Index Fund. I'm getting out with a huge loss of my retirement after 2 years. Go to a Wealth Management advisor before investing in metals. All that glitters isn't golden.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I'm just getting started investing in silver coins & I'm very excited from just what I have read & what I've heard about silver. This upcoming year to see for myself over the next few years just where this adventure is going to take me. I have faith that in the end I'm going to end up a very wealthy person, so help me God...

Goldco response

Thanks for your great review, Gary. We are here to assist you any time you need, just give us a call!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

My dad called to request information about purchasing gold coins and using all of his life savings and investments to do so. I called to notify Goldco that my dad had Alzheimer’s, I have power of attorney and my dad should not be contacted. I shared this in multiple conversations. I shared that by contacting my father he becomes overwhelmed and agitated. The information Goldco shares is informative but does scare a consumer about a potential market crash, and a elderly person is especially vulnerable about withdrawing retirement money to invest.

There’s no reason that they called Goldco salesman would have known talking to my dad that he had Alzheimer’s but after I told him multiple times that my dad should not be contacted and he did not respect that and called my dad again afterwards was very upsetting, disrespectful and manipulative. In fact I think it is a concerning statement about their practices in the sales process. I simply need help assuring that this company will not contact my father or me again. I also need assurance that they will not continue these manipulative practices with other senior citizens.

Goldco response

Thank you so much for your review, Kelly.

We take these types of reviews seriously and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We’re sorry to hear about your father's Alzheimer’s. He will be in our thoughts and prayers.

We have take action against the employee who called your father directly even after you asked them not to. You can be sure that this will never happen again.

If there anything else we can to assist you in the future, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave this review and bring this situation to our attention.

Resolution response: Feb. 12, 2018

Shortly after writing the original review we were contacted by a GoldCo who was quite upset by the review. In that conversation, nothing was resolved, however, a few days later we received a followup call from the CEO. He and my wife and our Investment adviser from Edward Jones were finally able to work out the details of selling off the investment and getting checks issued. It was still a fairly long process with the final checks arriving at the beginning of February.

I have changed my original rating of 1 star. However, I could only take it up to 3 stars because 1) of the original frustration and handling of this situation, 2) the total length of time to sell off Dad's investment and 3) the fact that even though the price of gold has gone up since he purchased it, yet he lost >30% on his investment overall.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

My father in law invested money in a Goldco IRA a year ago. He died this last June. Since August my wife and I (and her brother) have been trying to sell the gold and transfer the IRA out of Goldco without any success. Most of the time, no one will answer the phone when we call. The times we have gotten in contact, they have sent forms to be filled out, which we have done several times (the same forms over and over). Then they need to talk to us, however, once again, when we call - you can't get through.

Now this isn't just us having this problem. We are working through Edward Jones and have a financial planner with two decades of experience. Even he has been stymied by the foot dragging that seems to be going on here. It is his feeling that there is something very underhanded going on here. Unless we get this sorted out quickly, we are going to the Security and Exchange Commission.

Goldco response

Thank you so much for your review, Perry.

We apologize for the length of time it took to liquidate your father in laws account, and are

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

After only one telephone call, which I made, where the Salesman asked for my email address supposedly to just send me some marketing materials, I began to immediately thereafter receive a barrage of Junk Emails daily from ridiculous vendors for dumb things. During my one and only call, ever, the Salesman never asked for my permission to sell my email address nor did he state that Goldco was going to do so. Consequently, I will not ever buy one thing from Goldco and/or any of its affiliates much less the vendors Goldco sold my email address to. WARNING! DO NOT GIVE GOLDCO YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS! In fact, I recommend that you never have any contact with them. I'm sure they'd use your telephone number in the same way if you gave it to them. Avoid them entirely! I'll be trying to unsubscribe from these dumb emails for the rest of my life...

Resolution response: Oct. 30, 2017

I received a response from Goldco the day after I posted the negative review about them because of the low value listed on my self-directed IRA account of the gold and silver coins I purchased through them. Goldco explained to me that the low value listed on my self-directed IRA website for the gold and silver coins was not their actual value, it was the melt value of the coins based on their gold and silver content. The actual value of the coins was much higher, approximately 80% of the price I paid for them. I am now completely satisfied with the service provided by Goldco.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

False advertising of the value of the coins I purchased. Goldco recommended I purchase Australian gold and silver saltwater crocodile coins in my self-directed IRA account. After waiting over 1 month for the coins to show up in my account I discovered that their market value is less than half what I was charged by Goldco for them.

Resolution response: May 6, 2017

After writing this review, I received a very friendly response back from Goldco, and the misunderstanding with the account was resolved. I now understand the GOLD and Silver Market very much more that before. Thanks to Goldco, Kevin ** and others at Goldco.

Original review: May 3, 2017

You will get a very good sales experience while you purchase from GOLDCO. But, Beware, I didn't have knowledge of a purchasing Gold and Silver, so I was lead to purchased what would be collectors editions of coins, for which only has a melt value of what the market is today. I have searched for the exact type of coins and they are only worth the melt value of the coins within a few dollars. I have been told that Goldco has a higher value to purchase these back, but even that is still much less than what I paid for the coins by another 25%... Overall, my coin value is only worth less than 1/2 of the purchase price from the 1st month of ownership. This is a huge value to lose upfront. I have owned these for over 1 year now, and still not much of a price change.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

My experience with Goldco produced trust and confidence with my financial decisions from beginning dealing with Michael Mercuro, executive assistant to the end with Patricia Loya. The process was smooth, efficient and enjoyable. I felt held by senior executive David Taylor with his caring personality, patience and willingness to share his knowledge of metals to help guide me throughout. I am grateful and look forward to a continued business relationship with Goldco. Thank you!

Goldco expert review by Barbara Friedberg

Goldco Precious Metals help individuals looking to diversify their retirement investments and ensure future financial security. The company specializes in precious metals investments and aiding customers in opening Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) that include gold, silver and other metals. Goldco Precious Metals provides each customer access to experts who can help them make informed decisions regarding opening precious metals IRAs or adding metals to a current IRA.

• Hedge against government money problems: Goldco Precious Metals focuses on investments that help provide a secure financial future, even in the face of problems like the rapid expansion of money supply via The Federal Reserve.

• Customer service assistance: Customers of Goldco Precious Metals are assigned two experts who can provide help and advice regarding their precious metals IRAs.

• Reduce fees and taxes: This company helps individuals cut investment fees and taxes as they transfer from stocks and bonds to precious metals investments.

• Free guide: Goldco Precious Metals provides free information about using precious metals to secure financial health, including a free Gold IRA Guide, a free Silver IRA Guide and detailed website overviews of various gold and silver coins.

• Hands-on help: When a Goldco Precious Metals customer decides to roll over an existing retirement account to a precious metals IRA, the company works with the existing retirement account company to ensure a smooth transaction without any added taxes or penalties.

• Best for: Goldco is best for anyone looking to diversify investments, retirees and savers.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg