2. Gold IRA Companies

4.8/5 (449 ratings)

About Goldco

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

Pros

• Offers gold & silver IRAs
  • Free retirement resources
  • Get info online or over the phone

Cons

• Only gold & silver IRAs, no precious metal accounts

Bottom Line

Goldco is a gold and silver IRA firm that helps consumers set up and maintain their self-directed retirement accounts. While Goldco only offers gold and silver IRAs, it does allow consumers to invest in other precious metals within these accounts.

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

Goldco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: June 16, 2021

Several months ago I could see a potential threat to my Personal Retirement due to the direction our current Government! I knew I needed to look into another way to try and protect some of my Retirement. I was of course concerned and very leary because I was looking to Invest a large amount of money. I came across Goldco online and began checking them out. I found nothing but good info from numerous Consumer Protection Agencies along with many Customer Reviews! I made the call and was fortunate to make contact with Marty. With his patience and ability to answer all my questions after many Phone Calls back and forth for several months I finally felt comfortable enough to move forward and I couldn't be more satisfied with that decision! Actually wish I would have moved quicker.

Marty then put me in touch with John who then walked me through a "clear and uncomplicated" procedure which again left me feeling very comfortable and satisfied with this "Big Decision"! I couldn't be happier to now be part of the Goldco Family! I definitely recommend them to any serious investor looking to protect part of their Retirement including my Family and Friends...

Get buying tips about Gold IRA Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I had a Great Experience with the GOLDCO professionals that I worked with. Joshua Hoffman and Ben Monaci were excellent. They both shared with me the current marketplace situation and Joe Biden's administration changes that are going to affect all of our 401K retirement plans and increase in Future taxes to all of us. They provided me a means of protecting my paper assets by investing in Gold and Silver Metals. Ben was especially patient with me with all the questions I asked. He ensured that I felt comfortable and confident in the decisions I was making.

We spoke on several occasions to ensure that my transaction went smoothly. I kept him up to date every step of the way during the roll-over of my 401K, to the check cutting to the mail-back of the check to the structuring of the account etc. All in all, the process went very smoothly due to his assistance and the others that I met and worked with along the way. I would highly recommend to my family and friends, should the situation arise for them, to use GOLDCO services. I'm glad I decided to protect my assets with Gold and Silver metals. I now have a greater peace-of-mind for my financial future. Don **

Original review: April 17, 2021

I wanted to move the assets in my late Wife's IRA to mine to only pay one storage fee. I have had an excellent experience with Goldco for the past 3 years, and wanted to continue doing business with them. Everyone I dealt with in all the departments were more than generous with their time to make sure all the paperwork was done right to complete the transfer of the assets went as smooth as possible.

Carl Oliverio help in the conversion of the proof assets in my wife's account to better performing ones for the good of my IRA. It has been a great experience being with Goldco for these years, and of great benefit to have them assist me in this transfer. I highly recommend them as an agency to handle your assets as they have with mine. Thank you to all, at Goldco, who were of tremendous assistance with my assets.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I decided to diversify my retirement account by investing in gold and contacted several gold and coin companies. I wanted to do business with a California company and I contacted a company that I had talked to in the past and was not satisfied with the responses I was getting. I went on the internet and looked for top rated gold and coin companies and liked what I read about GOLDCO, a highly rated company. I had been reading about gold getting scarce and when I talked to John, a representative at GOLDCO he said he would try to fill my order, but was not optimistic.

John said he would get back to me no later than Monday of the following week. John called early on Thursday to tell me he could not fill my gold order, but he had investment grade silver coins available if I was interested. His opinion was that silver, at this time, had a greater upside compared to gold. I recall in reading one of my investment letters, the editor said he has diversified his investment portfolio with investment grade gold and silver coins. I had also read that based on historical comparisons of silver to gold, silver had the greater upside. With that in mind I purchased the investment grade silver coins.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I recently began my research into areas which have done well during market volatility, and during times when the Federal Government entered periods of hyper spending and the printing of dollars to "help the economy", aka 2020. After deciding that owning metals or metals stocks might be of interest to me, I made contact with Goldco, and was introduced to Walter Dombrowski. Our first conversation was informative, but left me with many more questions than answers about precious metals and the benefits of a metals retirement account. I sent a number of communications to Walt because gold and silver investing was so foreign to me, and he responded to every inquiry, professionally, timely and more like a professor engaging his student who he wanted to understand the subject, not just regurgitate the data and talking points.

I have now opened a self directed metals IRA, as well as a non qualified account. We had a clear and concise reason to purchase the coins that we did, and we have a specific strategy to follow certain market indicators and exit the position(s) if certain plateaus are achieved. We already have a reallocation and diversification overlay planned out should we take profits and decide to reinvest some or all of the proceeds. I'm also open to owning some or all of these metals for the long haul and eventually passing the coins down to my children and grandchildren. I highly recommend Goldco, their support staff and Walter Dombrowski in particular.

Original review: July 24, 2021

David was easy to communicate with and very informative. There wasn't a lot of pressure as he guided thru the investment process. I checked out the BBB and the reviews before deciding to go with Goldco.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I recently rolled over my IRA and my experience with Gold Co was pleasant and painless. My representative was very knowledgeable and kept me informed with every step of the process and answered all my questions. They even assisted me with rolling over my funds. I highly recommend this company, it was a good experience.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I am researching the top five precious metals programs. Goldco has a great education presentation, and explanation. After sending forty-five minutes with the host and specialist I was given plenty of time to have my numerous questions answered. I know you will find Goldco friendly and informative. Alan

Original review: July 13, 2021

After a few e-sign glitches, my experience with Goldco was satisfying. Any problems we had were ironed out expertly and as thoroughly as possible. Everyone I spoke to was courteous and patient with me.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Being a neophyte at setting up a precious metals IRA, I was highly impressed at the attitudes and knowledge of all the GoldCo employees with whom I interacted. This applies particularly to the individual who set up my wife and my accounts. He answered a multitude of questions as we proceeded, thus allowing us to maximally benefit from the activity. There is no hesitancy in recommending this company to anyone needing such services. No hesitancy.

Goldco Company Information