Consumer Reviews and Complaints

• 4 stars10
  • 3 stars4
  • 2 stars0
  • 1 stars0

Goldco Precious Metals helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau, received 5 Stars from both Trustlink and TrustPilot, and a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

We also offer direct sales of precious metals coins and bullion to collectors and investors.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Julie, thank you so much for your review. We're glad you had a great experience working with Blake, John, and the rest of the team at Goldco Precious Metals. Our account executives are always here to serve and assist. We look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

I was so impressed by the knowledge, courtesy, and, above all, professionalism shown by Blake Skadron and his colleague John Thomas. They fully answered every question I had. Doing business with these gentlemen was a real pleasure.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Richard, we're glad you had an easy and straightforward experience establishing your precious metals IRA with Goldco Precious Metals. Courteousness, responsiveness and knowledge are all solid foundations of our business. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

I am a first time buyer, with absolutely no experience in buying precious metals. I wanted to diversify my 401K so I would have some insurance against my stock portfolio. The staff at Goldco made it a simple 1, 2, 3 process. The staff was courteous and responsive and most important, knowledgeable! Their service was prompt. I look forward to working with them in the future, should I decide to purchase more gold and silver or sell my existing investment.

I have been reviewing my options dealing with my inherited IRA and heard of gold on the radio. After researching companies on the internet, I made the inquiry to Goldco. They were prompt but not pushy (I own my sales company with 10 employees). When I decided to make the move, the people here are first class in helping answer questions, setting up paperwork, and recommending the types of coins available with knowledgeable information backing their choices. I have recommended Paul to several of my friends from coast to coast. Having diversified into precious metals has balanced my portfolio with my other traditional IRA investments.

I've bought gold coins from Goldco on three separate occasions. Silver coins too. All told about a dozen phone calls were required. All of the "busy work" like calling my broker and arranging money transfers and filling out paper forms were handled by Goldco. Each time my questions were answered - first by Mr. McFarlane and later by Mr. Katz - in a courteous and straight forward manner. I was well pleased.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Robert. Thank you for your review. We're glad you entrusted the team here at Goldco Precious Metals to help you reach your financial goals by converting your IRA into a self directed IRA. We look forward to assisting you again the future!

Original review: July 21, 2016

My experience in the conversion of an IRA to a SDIRA was completed this past week. I'm still a little nervous about the transaction having lost a substantial amount of money during the dot-com bust several years ago. I'm hoping to recoup some of that but time will tell. My reps were all excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco Precious Metals?

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Melissa. Thank you so much for your wonderful Goldco review. We pride ourselves on our professional customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We're glad you found the experience of rolling over your 401k into a gold IRA with the help of the team at Goldco Precious Metals to be easy and convenient. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendation to your friends and associates! We look forward to assisting you again the future!

Original review: July 21, 2016

I can only say my experience was absolutely great. Everything was explained to me in detail to where I understood exactly what was going on with my investment from start to finish. The team at GoldCo are extremely informative and answered any questions I had with no problems. I was updated on constantly and found that to be an asset to me to know what was going on at all times. I liked the convenience of being able to call with any questions no matter what it was, it was answered to my satisfaction. Thank you for the great assistance given to me during this process as well as the updates. I've already recommended GoldCo to several of my friends and associates as a safe way to secure their hard earned investments.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Gailon. Thank you for your review. We are glad that our Goldco Representatives were able to help answer your questions and assist you with purchasing your precious metals commodities. Please do not hesitate to reach out in the future if we can ever be of assistance to you.

Original review: July 19, 2016

Working with the GOLDCO seems to be a very good experience being my first time in purchasing commodities. Any and all questions I had was answered. I always receive a timely response. And I was left with my reply that they would just be one call away when I need them for any questions that may arise.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Rick. Thank you for your Goldco review. Our goal is make the process as simple and straightforward as possible and we're glad to hear that the Goldco Team was there to assist you with the forms and applications. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals!

Original review: July 19, 2016

I have been a Goldco precious metal investor for a couple of years. The process was painless and the Goldco representative was extremely helpful in helping me fill out the necessary forms and application. He answered all my questions and made my precious metal buying experience pleasant.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Johnny. Thank you for your wonderful review on Goldco Precious Metals. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendations. We look forward to an on-going relationship with you.

Original review: July 18, 2016

Excellent service. Excellent orientation. Great selection in precious metals. Our experience with the staff was very upbuilding and reinforcing. We look forward to recommending Goldco to others. We look forward to a great long term relationship and a productive experience.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Alan. Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great experience working with Gaileen and the rest of the team at Goldco Precious Metals. Please do not hesitate to reach in out in the future if we can ever be of assistance to you.

Original review: July 15, 2016

I was unsure about how to set up a self directed IRA. I contacted other companies and did not get near the amount of personal attention that I received from Goldco. Gaileen was extremely patient in answering all my questions. Furthermore, Goldco provided the perfect balance of keeping in contact with me without the least bit of pressure.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Jerry. Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great experience working with David. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals.

Original review: July 15, 2016

My total experience has been a true pleasure. The service has been outstanding. Thank you again. David McFarland is a true gift to your business.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi John. Thank you so much for your review! We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We're glad you found the experience of rolling over your 401k into a gold IRA with the help of Daniel and Patricia to be easy and convenient. Goldco Precious Metals truly appreciates your business and please do not hesitate to reach in out in the future if we can ever be of assistance to you.

Original review: July 15, 2016

Working with Daniel Castillo and Patricia Loya in the rollover process made it absolutely one of the easiest accomplishments I've had in a while. They were both courteous and professional and very patient with me and my questions and concerns. You should be proud of such outstanding employees. I sincerely appreciate the outstanding services Goldco provided to me and my family. Thank you, so much!

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi David.Thank you for your review. Our goal is make the process as simple and straightforward as possible and we're glad to hear that Patricia and Kevin were there to assist every step of the way. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals to help you in setting up a precious metals IRA and we look forward to assisting you again the future!

Original review: July 15, 2016

Very professional and accurate. Patricia Loya was very professional and very helpful. The paperwork she sent was set up so clearly and easy so that I knew exactly what to do. Kevin Troy was very helpful in guiding me where to put my money. Again, very professional. Thank you.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Paul. Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great experience working with Paul and we look forward to an on-going relationship with you. Please do not hesitate to reach out with your questions. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals.

Original review: July 14, 2016

Paul was great and helped me understand the IRA process. The pricing of coins is confusing and it would be nice to see the price of gold on website and the buyback price. I am still not sure what went into the final price I paid compared to price from US Mint, although I realize that this was an investment in IRA. I will continue to work with Paul as I have more questions. I look forward to a productive relationship with Goldco.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Rickey. Thank you very much for your review. Our goal here at Goldco Precious Metals is to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible. We are glad you had a positive experience and we look forward in assisting you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Goldco.

Original review: July 12, 2016

I was very impressed with all the phases of doing business with Goldco from beginning to the help given to me. Very professional and kind.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi John. Thank you very much for your review. We're glad you had a great experience rolling over your 401k into a precious metals IRA and that your Account Representative, Gary, was there to answer your questions and assist you with your purchase. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals and we look forward to working with you again!

Original review: July 12, 2016

I am new to the metals investing market. The account rep who handled my purchase (Gary Johnson) was extremely patient in answering my questions of which there were many. He helped to educate me in the benefits of various purchases and explained the risks that are a part of this form of investing. Thank you to Gary and his team for all they do.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Norm. Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you've had a positive experience working with Zeve here at Goldco Precious Metals. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to helping you again in the future.

Original review: July 12, 2016

First and foremost my interaction with Mr. Katz has been helpful, enjoyable, informative, all with complete openness and genuine interest in our dealings. As a result I have total trust and respect for Goldco as a company to do business with. Thank you Mr. Katz and Goldco.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Margaret. Thank you very much for your review. Our goal is make the process as simple and straightforward as possible and we're glad to hear that John and Brenda were there to assist every step of the way. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals to help you in setting up a precious metals IRA. We appreciate your business and recommendation!

Original review: July 12, 2016

John Levelis, my initial contact, displayed professionalism as well as patience. Both he and Brenda Whitmore, Director of IRA, guided me through the process in real-time, explaining each step along the way. They both encouraged me to ask questions and gave clear information about my account. They were knowledgeable and straightforward. This became clear when Mr. Levelis spoke to me about several options regarding precious coins available for purchase. I would (and will) recommend Goldco to anyone I know who is interested in learning more about precious metal investments.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Elsie. Thank you very much for your review. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendation. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals.

Original review: July 11, 2016

I recently invested in Goldco Precious Metals and during the whole process of the transaction, I have been received and treated with utmost respect from the staff. They have been very helpful in answering my questions for my understanding. I can highly recommend Goldco and their staff for a good investment and great working relationship.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Michael. We are glad you had a great experience partially rolling over your 401k into a precious metals IRA. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. Thanks for choosing Goldco Precious Metals and we look forward to assisting you again in the future.

Original review: July 9, 2016

My experience with Goldco was great right from the beginning. They helped me step by step through the process of a partial IRA rollover. I had an issue with the past custodian of my IRA and my representative from Goldco called and made sure the funds were indeed mailed.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Ritchie. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Goldco Precious Metals. We're glad you found the experience of rolling over your 401k into a gold IRA to be easy and convenient. Our goal is to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible and we're glad to hear that Brandon was there to assist every step of the way. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendation to your friends and co-workers! Thanks again.

Original review: July 9, 2016

First off I'm not one to write reviews. My dealings with Goldco has briefly given me a change of heart so here are my thoughts. From my first contact through my most recent conversation with my account representative I have had nothing but informative and honest conversations. The idea to transfer the majority of my 401K to gold and silver in a self-directed IRA had been kicking around in my head for some time. I'm nearing the end of my working career and another stock market crash is not something this boomer can afford.

The Goldco staff that I have interacted with have answered all my questions and offered suggestion which help me both make this transaction and feel no buyer's remorse since finalizing this transfer of funds. I have been talking to some friends and co-workers about investing in precious metals, and have recommended Goldco, feeling comfortable in the fact that if they contact Goldco I won't be hearing bad stories from them for my recommendation.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Terrence. Thank you for your review on Goldco Precious Metals. We are glad that we were able to answer your questions and make the process of transferring over your 401k into a precious metals IRA comfortable and easy. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to an ongoing relationship with you. Thank you for choosing Goldco.

Original review: July 8, 2016

Transfer of traditional 401 to commodities (metals). I had been wanting to do this for several years, and recently took the final step. I was pleased with everyone whom I spoke with during this procedure. I had multiple questions and received understandable answers, for each one. The most difficult part was making my mind accept how I was actually doing the right thing, by moving my hard earned money into metals. They made me comfortable, and also made the transition quite easy. In our current economic condition, I now feel that although I continue to have currency holdings, I now know that some of my earnings are finally protected without relying on government insuring my assets!

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Robert. Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you had a great experience rolling over your 401k into a precious metals IRA with the help of the team at Goldco Precious Metals. We appreciate you choosing Goldco and we look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: July 8, 2016

I am very happy with the service and help that I got helping me rollover my IRA into gold and silver. The experience was very good and they help with all of the paperwork and explained the program to me. I feel good that my IRA will be stable from the unstable economy. Thank you.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Debra. We are so glad that your Account Representative, Rad, was able to assist you with the self-directed IRA and provide you with information. Thank you for your review and we look forward to helping you again in the future.

Original review: July 7, 2016

Our account representative was very knowledgeable of the self-directed IRA product that we were interested in.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Yvonne. Thank you for your review. We are glad that Goldco was able to provide you with information and answer you questions.Our goal is make the process as simple and straightforward as possible. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious metals and we look forward to an on-going relationship with you.

Original review: July 7, 2016

I have been very pleased with the information received and answers to all my questions as I am new in the gold buying category. Everyone was very friendly and all the instructions were easy to follow which made for a very pleasant experience.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Paul. Thank you very much for your review. Our goal is make the process as simple and straightforward as possible, and we're glad to hear that Marty was there to assist every step of the way. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals to help you in setting up a precious metals IRA. We appreciate your business and recommendation!

Original review: July 1, 2016

As I wanted to be more diverse on my portfolio, I have read countless newsletters and articles from investment gurus, (no names mentioned). They all advise adding precious metals to your portfolio. I decided to look into Goldco. After receiving my application and client agreement, I consulted my tax accountant and attorney to review and advise. They both gave me a thumbs up. I made a long list of questions of information to ask my account executive, Marty Arnoldini, which was so patient, informative, and professional to my satisfaction. I would recommend Goldco to friends and anyone looking for a reputable contact. Thanks Goldco!

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi William. Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great experience purchasing a self-directed IRA with Goldco and that we were able to meet your deadline. The team at Goldco Precious Metals is happy to assist you in reaching your financial goals. Thank you for your trust in us!

Original review: July 1, 2016

Goldco was very efficient in handling my purchase for a self-directed IRA. Requests to expedite the purchase were responded to and completed in time to meet my deadline.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Vincent. Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate you entrusting Lana, Patty and the team here at Goldco Precious Metals to help you reach your financial goals by opening up a precious metals IRA. We look forward to assisting you again the future!

Original review: July 1, 2016

Lana Lee is absolutely brilliant and a joy to work with. Patty Loya is personable, professional and competent. I have complete trust investing with Goldco.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Alan.Thank you so much for your review! We're glad you entrusted the team here at Goldco Precious Metals to help you reach your financial goals by opening up a precious metals IRA. Your happiness and security means so much to us. Thank you for choosing Goldco and we look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: July 1, 2016

I had already opened a new precious metals IRA via Goldline before calling Goldco (paid all the fees, etc.). But Goldline's process for the transfer was so complex, before going any further I made a call to Goldco and I'm glad I did. I was happy to have the help through each step of the process to open and then make a transfer into my new account with Goldco.

Goldco Precious Metals

Hi Mark. Thank you for your wonderful Goldco review! We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We're glad you found the experience of rolling over your 401k into a gold IRA with the help of the team at Goldco Precious Metals to be easy and convenient. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendations! Thanks again.

Original review: July 1, 2016

The decision to diversify my retirement portfolio was made easy and I felt very informed on the benefits and value of changing part of my traditional paper IRA over to physical gold and silver. My advisor was courteous, attentive to my questions and concerns, and answered all as if he was a first time buyer with the same concerns. I feel very well taken care of in my choice to diversify. The process was very simple and Goldco handled all the particulars with efficiency and expedited the process. I would recommend Goldco to anyone that is interested or even considering buying physical metals. Thanks for making this process smooth and hassle-free!

Expert Review

Andrew PolacekInvestments & Banking Contributing Editor

Following his two-year term as an investment banking analyst for Houlihan Lokey at their Los Angeles headquarters, Andrew Polacek had a seven year private equity career culminating in a role as a Vice President, first as an Associate at Mainsail Partners and later at Crimson Investment where developing relationships with business owners and investment banks was his primary focus. Andrew is also a knowledgeable and passionate investor in gold and silver bullion who has been investing in the space for over 10 years.

Goldco Precious Metals help individuals looking to diversify their retirement investments and ensure future financial security. The company specializes in precious metals investments and aiding customers in opening Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) that include gold, silver and other metals. Goldco Precious Metals provides each customer access to experts who can help them make informed decisions regarding opening precious metals IRAs or adding metals to a current IRA.

• Hedge against government money problems: Goldco Precious Metals focuses on investments that help provide a secure financial future, even in the face of problems like the rapid expansion of money supply via The Federal Reserve.
  • Customer service assistance: Customers of Goldco Precious Metals are assigned two experts who can provide help and advice regarding their precious metals IRAs.
  • Reduce fees and taxes: This company helps individuals cut investment fees and taxes as they transfer from stocks and bonds to precious metals investments.
  • Free guide: Goldco Precious Metals provides free information about using precious metals to secure financial health, including a free Gold IRA Guide, a free Silver IRA Guide and detailed website overviews of various gold and silver coins.
  • Hands-on help: When a Goldco Precious Metals customer decides to roll over an existing retirement account to a precious metals IRA, the company works with the existing retirement account company to ensure a smooth transaction without any added taxes or penalties.
  • Best for Goldco is best for anyone looking to diversify investments, retirees and savers.

Goldco Precious Metals Company Profile