4.8/5 (1154 ratings)

About Goldco

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

Pros

• Offers gold & silver IRAs
  • Free retirement resources
  • Get info online or over the phone

Cons

• Only gold & silver IRAs, no precious metal accounts

Bottom Line

Goldco is a gold and silver IRA firm that helps consumers set up and maintain their self-directed retirement accounts. While Goldco only offers gold and silver IRAs, it does allow consumers to invest in other precious metals within these accounts.

Goldco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

My wife and I started this journey with Goldco in early September. I know that Goldco was swamped with business and had to hire more employees (a good thing). My wife's IRA rollover was quicker than mine. The transfer from my IRA to Equity (handles the new IRA) took quite a while. Once that happened, it was pretty fast for David McFarlane to handle the metals purchase. The confirmation call was quick and easy. David had the recommended order ready.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

David Brein was very helpful guiding me through the process of setting up my precious metals IRA. I felt it was important to diversify my investments in today's unsettling times. I look forward to purchasing additional gold and silver from GOLDCO in the future. Thanks David.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Robert Thomas and David Taylor perfected my experience of doing business with Goldco! Quite some family events happened since my first talking with Robert who diligently followed up with great courtesy and understanding. David Taylor has been extremely patient and provided his invaluable insights on how to choose the precious metal. It is the representatives like them that make Goldco a success in the heated market for precious metals. I consider myself lucky to have worked with both of them!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Carl Olivero is very knowledgeable and patient with questions asked by this novice. He provided good recommendations based on the past history of gold/silver, present economy and future expectations. Brian was very courteous and prompt with the follow up phone call for confirmation.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

You guys came highly recommended by my big brother. He likes to take care of me and said Goldco would do the same. And he was right. Everything Goldco advertised and said they were going to do they did. I am looking forward to exploring what we can do in the near future.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I found the staff at Goldco to be very helpful, informative and patient in guiding me through the process of transferring money into a precious metals account. This was my first experience with this and it was a good one.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Polite people, good information on how much gold and silver to buy. Also which metals can be bought without the government have info about it. This move for me is to protect my wealth against inflation. Thank you for the assistance.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Goldco seems to be a very reputable company. Only disappointment, and I know the reps are very busy, is I felt like I was being rushed through the process, and that my amount of investment was not as worthy to hold the rep up for questions as the other calls he had coming in. I put him on mute for less than a minute to discuss something with my husband and the rep hung up on me because he had to answer another call. He did text to apologize and said he could call me after hours, but since we were close to the end of our call and I was making a decision for my purchase, I did not think that was very professional.

I am only investing 25,000 to start, and felt like since my purchasing amount was the minimum, that he was frustrated that he had to spend extra time with me and my questions since he might have higher dollar clients to help. Just my observation, but that is why I gave 3 stars. He is nice, and I know he is stressed and busy, but was a frustrating experience on my end. Otherwise, experience was ok.

Goldco response

We apologize for the experience you had. As you can see from the 1000s of 5-Star reviews we have, this isn’t how we handle our customers. If you don’t mind, we would like to find out more about what happened during your experience. Please contact our Customer Care Department at customercare@goldco.com or (855) 472-8494. Also, thank you for taking the time to write a review. All reviews help us improve our business practices and policies.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Just completed opening my account with Goldco. I have been totally satisfied with their service. Always returned my calls promptly and were very courteous. They were quick to resolve and answer my questions. I also felt they were very knowledgeable about the market. I would recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I'm commenting on my recent purchase. Goldco and its sales associates did an excellent job in my recent purchase. They were very helpful in explaining everything to me. Followed up with correct paperwork and easy instructions to wire my funds to your bank. Followed up with simple questions and confirmed my order. Looking for my safe to store my new coins in.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Although the process took longer than I was informed it would, I am happy to say it was all processed through and I'm happy with my decision. Carl was very professional and persistent throughout the entire process. He is very knowledgeable with precious metals!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Thank you for the service. I enjoyed dealing with my representative, David Brein. He answered all my questions and helped with any concerns. David seems very knowledgeable in the area of precious metals. I will definitely recommend GOLDCO if the opportunity arises!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Being concerned about the direction the economy is headed, I wanted to diversify my retirement savings. Since the Biden administration took office I had lost over 20% of my traditional IRA savings after seeing steady growth before that. The people at Goldco were patient and courteous and encouraged me to ask any question no matter how trivial or insignificant it might have seemed. I don't have much knowledge or experience in finance, having spent my life working extremely long hours for years with the thought that someday maybe I could afford to retire.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

My experience with GOLDCO started off a little rocky, with having trouble getting in touch with my account agent and getting help with the intended transaction. We eventually got more in sync and I'm ultimately very satisfied with the end result. GOLDCO is the top company for precious metal and I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

My experience with Goldco in rolling my IRA to precious metals was wonderful. Wells & Rad were very knowledgeable and walked me through the whole process. I would highly recommend Goldco to anyone considering investing in precious metals. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Everyone has been wonderful to work with and it has been a blessing and an easy process!! I would recommend Goldco to anyone who asks me. From the first phone call to finishing the process, it has been amazing. I’m so excited to be able to have some of my savings in precious metals because you never know what is going to happen in this day and age!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I'm glad I went with Goldco. The reps were knowledgeable, efficient and responsive to my questions and needs. They helped me convert my traditional IRA to precious metals and were there every step of the way. I couldn't have done this without them and highly recommend Goldco!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I contacted GoldCo to convert a Roth IRA to silver. They quickly responded to web inquiries, but due to tremendous activity, it took a few weeks to get a personal interview to start the transfer rolling. Once the account application paperwork was completed, it took another few weeks for the transfer to occur. I am now waiting on the actual purchase and deposit of the sliver assets. GoldCo is also adding free silver to my account at a value of 10% of my purchase cost. Instant win!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

To GoldCo team, Thank you for your help with my wife and I purchasing physical gold and silver. It looks beautiful. I would recommend friends and family to use your company to invest in precious metals. Thank you again, Daniel

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I am happy to take a moment to share my experience working with Zeve Katz. He is exceptional! He took the time to explain the process, evaluated my goals, my portfolio and helped walked me through the process step by step, etc. He always follows up on a timely basis and has made the process seamless. The other support team members have been great as well with signatures required, summarizing the purchase, etc. I even got a return call when Zeve was on vacation. The customer service is great! I'm so glad I put my trust in GoldCo!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Goldco has been excellent help in getting me set up with a precious metals IRA. My account executive has been Great keeping me informed and updated. Goldco has made this move very easy for me. With today's economy, it was time to pull my money out of the stock market and get it into a Precious metals account before I lost everything.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Very happy in moving my IRA to metals with your professionals like Jordan Towers and Carl Oliverio. The purchase was explained very well and follow up made me confident. I would be very happy to recommend your services to my family and friends. Thanks again to your team.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Sales Rep was very polite and knowledgeable about the gold and silver market. Very helpful to us in making the decisions on how to order the coins that we purchased. Also he explained how they buy back when we decide to sell the coins.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

It seems like it took a long time to get this process going. I started in August, and didn't get the account funded till October and my money coming in was already in cash. I liked the people that I worked with, especially John Vadset. I was happy with everyone that responded to my inquiries. They all were very professional and punctual.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

We spoke with Michael Goldstein who has been with Goldco for 14 years. Answers were clear and he also made some comments that were very helpful to us in getting prepared to move some IRA funds to Gold Company too.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Was very pleased with how the Goldco company handled our 401k in rolling over into gold and silver. Everyone was very nice and answer our question in a Professional way. They also make sure we understand what they were talking about. Will recommend to family and friends. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Goldco provides exceptional service. They are a well oiled machine. They provide prompt phone calls. They have a knowledgeable and friendly staff. I would recommend Goldco to friends and family or anyone looking for gold and silver. They will send a brochure that you can read in the comfort of your own home.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Goldco offers a great deal for securing your financial future. Their precious metals IRA was a great option for me in these economically unstable times. This makes me feel better knowing I have some metals that I can use once I get closer to retirement. Thank you Goldco for giving me confidence.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

The over all experience was great! They were very helpful in providing me with the information I needed. They were very professional and I felt comfortable about how they explained everything in detail before I made my personal decision to invest. I had a really knowledgeable agent who also helped me along the way. And because of those qualities, I have to say that I am really pleased with my decision to join this company.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

All members of the IRA process were professional and timely in all matter during the process. From Mike Goldstein to Peyton Bowsher and everyone in the middle, they all stayed in contact and made my metals IRA experience a real joy. No worries through the entire process! Thank you Goldco!

Goldco Company Information