2. Gold IRA Companies
Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.78/5

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

We also offer direct sales of precious metals coins and bullion to collectors and investors.

Goldco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

My recent purchase of additional precious metals thru GoldCo was an excellent experience. I have made several purchases with GoldCo over the years and each occasion was handled with extreme detail and accuracy..

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

GOLDCO opened a new account for me with great professionalism. Their employees are very knowledgeable about the products and make the account process move easy and efficiently. I would highly recommend!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

My choice of Goldco was a good one I think. Goldco was the Only Gold IRA company that I was looking at that had an A+ rating. My IRA that I had for many years had been losing value for almost a year. I am 61 years old and my retirement years are just around the corner. It was hard to watch my IRA losing money and the thought of my not being able to remodel my house or doing some of the things I had planned for so many years. I called Goldco and I was helped step by step. I am not comfortable with investing but Goldco helped me accomplish my goals.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Rolled my IRA account over to silver and gold. Worked with Zeve Katz. He was very helpful, answered all my question, was always responsive to my calls. Everyone that I worked with was friendly and helpful. Thanks Goldco.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Reginald ** did a fantastic job of walking me through the process and helping me understand the peculiarities of buying gold and silver for an IRA. The process was easy and timely. Thanks, Reggie. Well done, Goldco.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I am very pleased with opening my new account with Goldco. I have the utmost faith and confidence in Zeve handling my account. He portrays patience and honesty as he explains and guides me in an area of investment that is totally new to me.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Rad Brdar senior account executive at Goldco steered me in the right direction last March, 2020., I wanted to switch our IRA's from the stock market to Self Directed IRA's for me and one for my wife at Goldco. In the 5 months since, both of us couldn't be happier. Our investment has appreciated considerably. Thank you Goldco and thank you Rad.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I am new to gold/silver investing. I can see there is a dollar crisis looming, and wanted to roll a large portion of my IRA into a self-directed IRA and buy physical gold. So I researched precious metals dealers online, and found Goldco was very highly rated. (These ratings are paid-for and/or vetted, I would come to find later.) Goldco rep David Taylor was extremely helpful and responsive, answered all my questions, assured me that Goldco markups were some of the lowest in the industry (7-21%), and sent me the paperwork to set up an account with a trustee/custodian to handle the SDIRA rollover. We agreed that silver coins made the most sense for me, and I placed an order for American Eagle proof coins from the Perth mint.

THEN I GOT THE ORDER CONFIRMATION: Silver American Bald Eagle - 1oz. Qty 667. $74.90. What the heck did I just buy??? The spot for silver that day was ~$26.50; this price was nearly triple! I was shocked. Further research confirmed that these are just 1 ounce silver proof coins, worth about $48 retail. They are collectible, premium coins, such as you might buy as a graduation gift. But if you took this same coin to a gold/silver coin dealer, you'd be lucky to get $40. (As of this writing.) But Goldco insists they're worth $75! Nonsense. This is robbery!

Do your homework. Call some dealers. A good place to start might be **. You will find that many of these coin dealers are routinely confronted by disillusioned Goldco's (and other, similar predatory dealers') customers whom have spent their retirement money buying expensive collectible coins, only to be informed by honest dealers that their "premium" coins are worth 50% what they paid for them. To keep novice investors in the dark, Goldco appears to have "exclusive" deals with the Perth Mint on whatever flavor-of-the-month coin design they are peddling. This prevents Joe Consumer from comparison shopping. Because there are no direct price comps, Goldco is able to claim their coins are premium, limited edition, super high value. Even up to $75/oz. They are not. But it's tough to disprove when no other dealer has the exact same coin because of Goldco's "exclusive."

I believe Goldco's markup on these coins they sold me was in the ballpark of 100%. This is robbery. For example, the coins I (almost) purchased were "1 oz silver American Bald Eagle 2020 reverse proof" coins from the Perth Mint, with a bald eagle on one side and Queen Elizabeth II (???) on the other. Just try to find that exact coin anywhere else but Goldco. Go ahead, I'll wait... If you want to invest in gold/silver, it's probably because you understand that there is intrinsic value in the metal itself. What you need is bullion or bulk, investment grade coins, and you want to pay as little over spot price as possible. Collectible proof coins are for birthday and graduation gifts, in fancy packaging with certificates of authenticity. Buying hundreds or thousands of these at retail (or worse) price is NOT a wise investment strategy. Silver/gold prices would have to double or triple before you break even.

So, in summary: PROS: Stellar customer service. Ranked the #1 or #2 coin dealer by multiple "independent" ranking websites. Responsive and helpful. Website is helpful and well done! Ordering process was easy! Provided all the paperwork to set up custodian and depository. Answered all my newbie questions. Five Star reviews on all the 'rating' sites. CONS: Sold me the wrong product, at HUGE markup. My retirement savings would have taken a $25,000 loss the instant the sale closed. "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

Goldco response

Goldco appreciates your feedback because we take customer service very seriously. We want to make sure we are on the same page about the coins you were going to purchase. You are correct that the 1oz 2020 Silver American Bald Eagle (Reverse Proof) is minted by the Perth mint. But, there may be some confusion surrounding the coin's value and the process Goldco uses when purchasing coins back from customers. The reason that you could not "shop" the 1oz 2020 Silver American Bald Eagle (Reverse Proof) is because it is a new coin and is, therefore, not readily available. You claim that the coin is overpriced because it retails for quite a bit above the melt value. Because you never went through with your purchase and never had the opportunity to to sell your coins back to Goldco, you would not know that Goldco frequently buys coins like those from its customers at amounts far exceeding the weight of their metal because its buyback pricing tracks the actual value of the coins it buys and sells. Having said that, Goldco offers a myriad of metals from which customers can choose. As you noted in your review, we answered all of your questions and our customer service is excellent. If we had reason to know that the coin your contemplated buying was not what you were looking for, we most certainly would have offered you other options. We wish that you had given us the chance to address your concerns and offer metals that may have been better suited for your needs.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I had been reading about ways of diversifying my TSP account and came across how precious metals as gold and silver can actually protect and enhance my retirement investments and I'm very gratified that Goldco came to my rescue and hopefully my finally deciding to be part of this company will ultimately give me the satisfaction and peace of mind moving forward..with my utmost belief and trust in God that I'll not be forsaken by this action of mine. God bless!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I enjoyed working with Carl Oliverio. He took his time and educated me,since this was my first venture into precious metals. After the purchase, I was disappointed that I had no feedback from anyone, as to how I was to track my investment. I would have appreciated some help in this area, as this was a sizable investment for me. I did wait for several weeks and got no follow-up from GoldCo. Does GoldCo offer a tracking tool for the customer's investment?

Goldco Company Information