2. Gold IRA Companies

4.8/5 (500 ratings)

About Goldco

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

Pros

• Offers gold & silver IRAs
  • Free retirement resources
  • Get info online or over the phone

Cons

• Only gold & silver IRAs, no precious metal accounts

Bottom Line

Goldco is a gold and silver IRA firm that helps consumers set up and maintain their self-directed retirement accounts. While Goldco only offers gold and silver IRAs, it does allow consumers to invest in other precious metals within these accounts.

Goldco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Me and my husband loved the experience. Goldco provides huge support for any questions or concerns! No pressure and you feel comfortable. If you call them, they answer the phone themselves, no machines. Goldco is a great company and very easy to deal with. I highly recommend Goldco!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Goldco made my longtime wishes to own precious metals a reality. The process was quick and completely supported by courteous experts. I never imagined it could be so easy. I am completely confident that I can contact them at any time to answer questions or concerns. I would not hesitate to refer GoldCo to my friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

From the very beginning of my outreach to Goldco to the very end of my transaction I was pleased with the customer service I received. The people I dealt with were very knowledgeable. They also helped provide me with resources to do my own research. This experience (buying precious metals) although a little scary, was one of the easiest and smoothest experiences (when it comes to investing) I have had in m life. I will definitely use Goldco in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I am very “green” and new to investing in precious metals. I have invested in stocks for quite a while...possibly 35-40 years. During all this time I have never met three people working for the same company who were so kind and such gentlemen as Charles, John, and David. They realize I don’t know enough to ask more than a beginner's question. Nevertheless they seem thrilled to work with me. The only suggestion is that you put a picture of all your agents in your brochure so we could put a face with the gentlemen we are working with.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

After my initial call with Ben M., I was extremely impressed with his level of knowledge and his warm and calming demeanor. He took the time to answer every question and/or concern I had with sincere, thoughtful responses. As for the transaction-I could not believe how smooth and efficient your process was. I would like to thank your staff and extend my appreciation and gratitude for providing such a trustworthy and professional service. My best, Jason ** MD.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Convert stocks to Precious medals. Spoke with Carl and he was able to answer all my questions. He put me in touch with Goldco staff who walked me through the process. In less than two weeks my purchase was complete. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I'm very pleased with my experience transferring my IRA to a Precious Metals IRA with Gold Co. I was treated with respect from start to finish with every step explained to my satisfaction. I plan on sharing my experience with friends & family. John Vadset and the rest of the team were great.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

This was my first experience rolling over a currency based IRA to a Precious Metals IRA. It was handled professionally, and with excellent communication along the way. The process was exceptionally easy thanks to our salesperson.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I chose to transfer some funds from an existing IRA to the Gold IRA with Goldco that has CNB as the custodian. I've had excellent success working with Ben Monaci, he is knowledgeable and promotes a good image for your company. Other people that were involved in the total paperwork and transfer have been friendly as well as the type of people that inspire confidence in that one has the feeling that these folks really do know their business.

Robert **

Resolution In ProgressRated with 2 stars
Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I transferred my IRA to a gold and silver IRA. The representative I had told me that when they received my money he would call me and I could tell him how I wanted it split up, how much gold and silver, the premium would be a small amount, at 1 time he said it would be about $1.50 markup for the silver. I expected to pay a premium, but expected it to be within reason. When my IRA was transferred he called me and told me that he had purchased 1 gold eagle and the rest silver. The silver was 1.25 oz coins and the cost was $84.16/each. I asked him why it was so high, silver was only $23 spot price. He said I needed to not go according to spot price or oz.

After 40 minutes of discussion my husband said to return the money to who I originally had it with and cancel the order. The representative said he couldn't do that, because it was my money, not my husband's, I told him to return the money to Edward Jones where it came from. The representative told me that my husband didn't know about the pricing and tried to get me to keep the money with Goldco. That upset both my husband and I. The representative told me I needed to call back later that day and tell him what I wanted to do. I told him I wanted him to send it back to Edward Jones. He wouldn't listen and kept telling me to call him back later that day. I called him back later and he didn't answer or return my voicemail messages for the next 2 days.

I contacted Edward Jones and started the paperwork to transfer the money back to them and they contacted the third party IRA company and got the money transferred back to them before Goldco could get the actual money. I will not deal with Goldco. I never did hear back from the representative since then. The premium for the gold eagle was reasonable but the standard silver military Guinea was going to have to increase over 4 times to break even with the spot price. My point is if you can never get a straight answer something is not right.

Goldco response

We apologize for the experience you had.  As you can see from the 1000s of 5-Star reviews we have, this isn’t how we handle our customers.  If you don’t mind, management would like to find out more about what happened during your experience.  A manager will reach out to you to clear up any confusion and ensure that you are a satisfied.  Also, thank you for taking the time to write a review.  All reviews help us improve our business practices and policies.

Goldco Company Information