It's that easy Request Information
4.81/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Goldco helps clients protect their retirement savings by rolling over their existing IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other qualified retirement account to a Gold IRA. A privately held firm specializing in wealth and asset protection, Goldco is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and has a Triple-A rating from Business Consumer Alliance based on positive customer reviews of our service, dependability and ethical business practices. To learn how safe haven precious metals can help you build and protect your wealth, and even secure your retirement call today.

We also offer direct sales of precious metals coins and bullion to collectors and investors.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

156 Goldco Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 19, 2016

In the past after speaking with Josh L. and Brenda W. I was very satisfied with the conversations. Josh has been very good with checking on me and keeping things up to date. Yesterday I was taking a nap when Josh called and wasn't at my desk to be able to write anything down. He was very nice but I didn't quite understand and all I got out of the conversation was that I am getting Monkey coins that are supposed to be valuable. He referred me to Cherish and she was very nice also. In the meantime I walked through my house to my desk. Today after looking at the notes I wrote down while talking with Cherish, I really don't understand any more than I did before. I asked Josh to send me a picture of the Monkey coin by e-mail and he said he would, but has not done so yet.

Someone from another company called me this morning and I told that person I had gone with Goldco. He was asking me about the coins/bullion I had purchased, not that it was his business, but I did not know how to answer his questions. Maybe because I was taking a nap when Josh called or maybe he seemed to be talking very fast but I am confused. I had originally thought I would be receiving a list of what was purchased and the value of each. He did explain it would take several weeks for the items to be checked and maybe that is when I will receive such a list but I would like to know now. I think just an email to that fact would be appropriate and then I would be more than willing to give this company the fifth star. Thank you.

Goldco response

Hi Marilyn. Thank you for your review and for choosing Goldco Precious Metals. We do apologize for any confusion regarding your precious metal investment. We appreciate you allowing David to call you to further explain the benefits of your gold and silver metal investments and we hope the pictures he sent you also helped clarify your understanding. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you again in the future.

Original review: July 19, 2016

I have been a Goldco precious metal investor for a couple of years. The process was painless and the Goldco representative was extremely helpful in helping me fill out the necessary forms and application. He answered all my questions and made my precious metal buying experience pleasant.

Goldco response

Hi Rick. Thank you for your Goldco review. Our goal is make the process as simple and straightforward as possible and we're glad to hear that the Goldco Team was there to assist you with the forms and applications. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals!

Original review: July 18, 2016

Excellent service. Excellent orientation. Great selection in precious metals. Our experience with the staff was very upbuilding and reinforcing. We look forward to recommending Goldco to others. We look forward to a great long term relationship and a productive experience.

Goldco response

Hi Johnny. Thank you for your wonderful review on Goldco Precious Metals. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendations. We look forward to an on-going relationship with you.

Original review: July 17, 2016

Everyone has been very helpful in my purchase.

Original review: July 15, 2016

I was unsure about how to set up a self directed IRA. I contacted other companies and did not get near the amount of personal attention that I received from Goldco. Gaileen was extremely patient in answering all my questions. Furthermore, Goldco provided the perfect balance of keeping in contact with me without the least bit of pressure.

Goldco response

Hi Alan. Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great experience working with Gaileen and the rest of the team at Goldco Precious Metals. Please do not hesitate to reach in out in the future if we can ever be of assistance to you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goldco?

Original review: July 15, 2016

My total experience has been a true pleasure. The service has been outstanding. Thank you again. David McFarland is a true gift to your business.

Goldco response

Hi Jerry. Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great experience working with David. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals.

Original review: July 15, 2016

Working with Daniel Castillo and Patricia Loya in the rollover process made it absolutely one of the easiest accomplishments I've had in a while. They were both courteous and professional and very patient with me and my questions and concerns. You should be proud of such outstanding employees. I sincerely appreciate the outstanding services Goldco provided to me and my family. Thank you, so much!

Goldco response

Hi John. Thank you so much for your review! We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We're glad you found the experience of rolling over your 401k into a gold IRA with the help of Daniel and Patricia to be easy and convenient. Goldco Precious Metals truly appreciates your business and please do not hesitate to reach in out in the future if we can ever be of assistance to you.

Original review: July 15, 2016

Very professional and accurate. Patricia Loya was very professional and very helpful. The paperwork she sent was set up so clearly and easy so that I knew exactly what to do. Kevin Troy was very helpful in guiding me where to put my money. Again, very professional. Thank you.

Goldco response

Hi David.Thank you for your review. Our goal is make the process as simple and straightforward as possible and we're glad to hear that Patricia and Kevin were there to assist every step of the way. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals to help you in setting up a precious metals IRA and we look forward to assisting you again the future!

Original review: July 14, 2016

As a first time purchaser of precious metals, I was very pleased and satisfied with my account executives who took the time to explain how the metals were priced and what precious metals should be in the portfolio for maximum safety and returns. I have no reservation in recommending to a friend.

Goldco response

Thank you for allowing the team at Goldco Precious Metals to assist you with your decision to purchase gold and silver. We're glad you had a positive experience and look forward to helping you again in the future. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendation to your friends.

Original review: July 14, 2016

Paul was great and helped me understand the IRA process. The pricing of coins is confusing and it would be nice to see the price of gold on website and the buyback price. I am still not sure what went into the final price I paid compared to price from US Mint, although I realize that this was an investment in IRA. I will continue to work with Paul as I have more questions. I look forward to a productive relationship with Goldco.

Goldco response

Hi Paul. Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great experience working with Paul and we look forward to an on-going relationship with you. Please do not hesitate to reach out with your questions. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals.

Original review: July 12, 2016

I was very impressed with all the phases of doing business with Goldco from beginning to the help given to me. Very professional and kind.

Goldco response

Hi Rickey. Thank you very much for your review. Our goal here at Goldco Precious Metals is to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible. We are glad you had a positive experience and we look forward in assisting you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Goldco.

Original review: July 12, 2016

I am new to the metals investing market. The account rep who handled my purchase (Gary Johnson) was extremely patient in answering my questions of which there were many. He helped to educate me in the benefits of various purchases and explained the risks that are a part of this form of investing. Thank you to Gary and his team for all they do.

Goldco response

Hi John. Thank you very much for your review. We're glad you had a great experience rolling over your 401k into a precious metals IRA and that your Account Representative, Gary, was there to answer your questions and assist you with your purchase. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals and we look forward to working with you again!

Original review: July 12, 2016

First and foremost my interaction with Mr. Katz has been helpful, enjoyable, informative, all with complete openness and genuine interest in our dealings. As a result I have total trust and respect for Goldco as a company to do business with. Thank you Mr. Katz and Goldco.

Goldco response

Hi Norm. Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad that you've had a positive experience working with Zeve here at Goldco Precious Metals. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to helping you again in the future.

Original review: July 12, 2016

John Levelis, my initial contact, displayed professionalism as well as patience. Both he and Brenda Whitmore, Director of IRA, guided me through the process in real-time, explaining each step along the way. They both encouraged me to ask questions and gave clear information about my account. They were knowledgeable and straightforward. This became clear when Mr. Levelis spoke to me about several options regarding precious coins available for purchase. I would (and will) recommend Goldco to anyone I know who is interested in learning more about precious metal investments.

Goldco response

Hi Margaret. Thank you very much for your review. Our goal is make the process as simple and straightforward as possible and we're glad to hear that John and Brenda were there to assist every step of the way. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals to help you in setting up a precious metals IRA. We appreciate your business and recommendation!

Original review: July 11, 2016

We are satisfied with the way Goldco has handled our money with their gold IRA that we can handle at home.

Goldco response

Hi Lea. Thank you so much! We're so glad you decided to allow us to help you with your gold IRA. . Please do not hesitate to reach in out in the future if we can ever be of assistance to you.

Original review: July 11, 2016

The Goldco customer website was easy to navigate, get the information about my account I was looking for, and gave the option of contacting a customer service representative online. I would recommend Goldco to friends, partly on the basis of their website features.

Goldco response

Hi Carl. Thank you for your review on our Goldco Precious Metals website. We are glad that it was easy to navigate and you received the information you were looking for. We appreciate your recommendation to your friends.The team at Goldco Precious Metals is happy to assist you in reaching your financial goals so please do not hesitate to reach in out in the future if we can ever be of assistance to you.

Original review: July 11, 2016

I recently invested in Goldco Precious Metals and during the whole process of the transaction, I have been received and treated with utmost respect from the staff. They have been very helpful in answering my questions for my understanding. I can highly recommend Goldco and their staff for a good investment and great working relationship.

Goldco response

Hi Elsie. Thank you very much for your review. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendation. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals.

Original review: July 11, 2016

These guys go way out of their way to be helpful and understanding. I set up my IRA with their recommended coins (Polar Bears and Monkeys) only to change my mind a couple of days later. They were very understanding and helpful with switching my purchase to mostly face value billion coins (American Eagles and Maple Leaves). They also helped me set up my self directed IRA, something I could not have done myself. Everyone I've talked to there has been very nice and very knowledgeable.

Goldco response

Hi Mike. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals to help you in setting up a precious metals IRA. We're glad you had a positive experience and look forward to helping you again in the future!

Original review: July 9, 2016

My experience with Goldco was great right from the beginning. They helped me step by step through the process of a partial IRA rollover. I had an issue with the past custodian of my IRA and my representative from Goldco called and made sure the funds were indeed mailed.

Goldco response

Hi Michael. We are glad you had a great experience partially rolling over your 401k into a precious metals IRA. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. Thanks for choosing Goldco Precious Metals and we look forward to assisting you again in the future.

Original review: July 9, 2016

First off I'm not one to write reviews. My dealings with Goldco has briefly given me a change of heart so here are my thoughts. From my first contact through my most recent conversation with my account representative I have had nothing but informative and honest conversations. The idea to transfer the majority of my 401K to gold and silver in a self-directed IRA had been kicking around in my head for some time. I'm nearing the end of my working career and another stock market crash is not something this boomer can afford.

The Goldco staff that I have interacted with have answered all my questions and offered suggestion which help me both make this transaction and feel no buyer's remorse since finalizing this transfer of funds. I have been talking to some friends and co-workers about investing in precious metals, and have recommended Goldco, feeling comfortable in the fact that if they contact Goldco I won't be hearing bad stories from them for my recommendation.

Goldco response

Hi Ritchie. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review on Goldco Precious Metals. We're glad you found the experience of rolling over your 401k into a gold IRA to be easy and convenient. Our goal is to make the process as simple and straightforward as possible and we're glad to hear that Brandon was there to assist every step of the way. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendation to your friends and co-workers! Thanks again.

Original review: July 8, 2016

Transfer of traditional 401 to commodities (metals). I had been wanting to do this for several years, and recently took the final step. I was pleased with everyone whom I spoke with during this procedure. I had multiple questions and received understandable answers, for each one. The most difficult part was making my mind accept how I was actually doing the right thing, by moving my hard earned money into metals. They made me comfortable, and also made the transition quite easy. In our current economic condition, I now feel that although I continue to have currency holdings, I now know that some of my earnings are finally protected without relying on government insuring my assets!

Goldco response

Hi Terrence. Thank you for your review on Goldco Precious Metals. We are glad that we were able to answer your questions and make the process of transferring over your 401k into a precious metals IRA comfortable and easy. We truly appreciate your business and we look forward to an ongoing relationship with you. Thank you for choosing Goldco.

Original review: July 8, 2016

I am very happy with the service and help that I got helping me rollover my IRA into gold and silver. The experience was very good and they help with all of the paperwork and explained the program to me. I feel good that my IRA will be stable from the unstable economy. Thank you.

Goldco response

Hi Robert. Thank you so much for your review. We're glad you had a great experience rolling over your 401k into a precious metals IRA with the help of the team at Goldco Precious Metals. We appreciate you choosing Goldco and we look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: July 7, 2016

Our account representative was very knowledgeable of the self-directed IRA product that we were interested in.

Goldco response

Hi Debra. We are so glad that your Account Representative, Rad, was able to assist you with the self-directed IRA and provide you with information. Thank you for your review and we look forward to helping you again in the future.

Original review: July 7, 2016

I have been very pleased with the information received and answers to all my questions as I am new in the gold buying category. Everyone was very friendly and all the instructions were easy to follow which made for a very pleasant experience.

Goldco response

Hi Yvonne. Thank you for your review. We are glad that Goldco was able to provide you with information and answer you questions.Our goal is make the process as simple and straightforward as possible. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious metals and we look forward to an on-going relationship with you.

Original review: July 1, 2016

As I wanted to be more diverse on my portfolio, I have read countless newsletters and articles from investment gurus, (no names mentioned). They all advise adding precious metals to your portfolio. I decided to look into Goldco. After receiving my application and client agreement, I consulted my tax accountant and attorney to review and advise. They both gave me a thumbs up. I made a long list of questions of information to ask my account executive, Marty Arnoldini, which was so patient, informative, and professional to my satisfaction. I would recommend Goldco to friends and anyone looking for a reputable contact. Thanks Goldco!

Goldco response

Hi Paul. Thank you very much for your review. Our goal is make the process as simple and straightforward as possible, and we're glad to hear that Marty was there to assist every step of the way. Thank you for choosing Goldco Precious Metals to help you in setting up a precious metals IRA. We appreciate your business and recommendation!

Original review: July 1, 2016

Goldco was very efficient in handling my purchase for a self-directed IRA. Requests to expedite the purchase were responded to and completed in time to meet my deadline.

Goldco response

Hi William. Thank you for your review. We're glad you had a great experience purchasing a self-directed IRA with Goldco and that we were able to meet your deadline. The team at Goldco Precious Metals is happy to assist you in reaching your financial goals. Thank you for your trust in us!

Original review: July 1, 2016

Lana Lee is absolutely brilliant and a joy to work with. Patty Loya is personable, professional and competent. I have complete trust investing with Goldco.

Goldco response

Hi Vincent. Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate you entrusting Lana, Patty and the team here at Goldco Precious Metals to help you reach your financial goals by opening up a precious metals IRA. We look forward to assisting you again the future!

Original review: July 1, 2016

I had already opened a new precious metals IRA via Goldline before calling Goldco (paid all the fees, etc.). But Goldline's process for the transfer was so complex, before going any further I made a call to Goldco and I'm glad I did. I was happy to have the help through each step of the process to open and then make a transfer into my new account with Goldco.

Goldco response

Hi Alan.Thank you so much for your review! We're glad you entrusted the team here at Goldco Precious Metals to help you reach your financial goals by opening up a precious metals IRA. Your happiness and security means so much to us. Thank you for choosing Goldco and we look forward to assisting you again in the future!

Original review: July 1, 2016

The decision to diversify my retirement portfolio was made easy and I felt very informed on the benefits and value of changing part of my traditional paper IRA over to physical gold and silver. My advisor was courteous, attentive to my questions and concerns, and answered all as if he was a first time buyer with the same concerns. I feel very well taken care of in my choice to diversify. The process was very simple and Goldco handled all the particulars with efficiency and expedited the process. I would recommend Goldco to anyone that is interested or even considering buying physical metals. Thanks for making this process smooth and hassle-free!

Goldco response

Hi Mark. Thank you for your wonderful Goldco review! We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our clients' happiness and satisfaction is our number one priority. We're glad you found the experience of rolling over your 401k into a gold IRA with the help of the team at Goldco Precious Metals to be easy and convenient. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendations! Thanks again.

Original review: July 1, 2016

I first began dealing with Goldco about 2 months ago. David Taylor has been extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. He has been supportive of any decision I made and I would recommend him and everyone I have dealt with at Goldco without any reservations! I believe I have received excellent advice about precious metals and purchasing precious metals as an investment decision. Great job, David and Ida and Jasmine in confirmations department. I am very pleased with the experience and with my purchase.

Goldco response

Hi Cynthia. Thank you for your excellent Goldco review. We're glad you had a great experience working with David, Ida and Jasmine and the rest of the team at Goldco Precious Metals. We truly appreciate your business as well as your recommendation to your friends and associates. David and the rest of the Goldco Precious Metals will be here to assist whenever needed. Thanks again and we look forward to an on-going relationship with you!

Goldco Company Information