5.0/5 (45 ratings)

About First Internet Bank

First Internet Bank offers a variety of loan programs to fit borrower needs, including fixed, ARM, jumbo, FHA, VA and home equity products. All its services are online, so its loan applications are available 24/7. Most First Internet Bank accounts come with a free ATM card.

Pros

• Free debit cards
  • All services available online
  • High-yield interest on some accounts

Cons

• No physical locations
  • Maintenance fees for most accounts

Bottom Line

First Internet Bank is a full-service online bank. It offers personal and business banking services and mortgages including fixed, ARM, jumbo, FHA, VA and home equity loans. It’s available in all U.S. states and territories.

First Internet Bank Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

Original review: June 3, 2022

Best refi experience ever!! The loan officer we had "Brian **" was the best we were able to stay in communication with him for all our needs from start to finish. We didn't have to constantly talk to someone new or 20 different people. He was very quick to respond/reply to all our calls, emails and texts and answered every question and concern with knowledgeable, detailed informed answers. He and the underwriting team at First Internet Bank got us the best rate and deal that saved us a lot of money with very low fees. We are so thankful for Brian and everyone at First Internet Bank. I highly recommend them to everyone!!

First Internet Bank response

Top-notch communication is one of the many benefits of working with us on your mortgage loan. We’re glad to have been able to make your experience a 5-star one. Thanks Barbara!

Original review: June 1, 2022

From the very first contact, information seemed to flow covering the majority of my questions. My emails and phone calls were addressed right away. Everything that I was told was very accurate and truthful. This was the fastest I have ever closed! I would not hesitate to use or recommend First Internet Bank!

First Internet Bank response

A smooth mortgage process with great rates, along with excellent customer service? You just can’t beat it! Thanks for the recommendation, David. We appreciate the review, and look forward to working with you again!

Original review: May 29, 2022

First Internet Bank was my first bank I wrote off as great place to solve problems, in fact I even thought they won't be trusted to work with. As I met one great man amongst one of their best machine called CHRIS **, my dead situations got revived and start to breathe again. First Internet bank proved to me what they call customer comes first approach. Chris **, went out of his job calling gathered their teams from the best there to see me through to the end of closing with flying colors. I have never praise any bank in my life as the all comes with suspicion and doubt, but first intenet bank is a place I called home because I wrote them off. Just only Chris ** erased my doubt about banks. They for sure have lots of miracle staff. I am so happy all from my A-Z with them.

First Internet Bank response

Our team truly cares about your mortgage wants and needs, so you can rest assured that we’ll help you get the best rates, while providing top-notch customer service. Thanks for choosing us, Anthony!

Original review: May 26, 2022

All of my interactions with my lending manager were clear, concise, accommodating, and informative. The loan product I received was beyond my expectations. I had a unique experience where I had to be out of the country during closing. All of the communications were handled with professionalism and flexibility along the journey. Thanks!

First Internet Bank response

Hi Ellen! We love it when we exceed your expectations in every way. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 20, 2022

Honestly it was 100% Jessica ** that made me ultimately pick this company. I had three companies I was deciding on and my experience with her and the way she handles things is hands down the best I could of asked for. I am very pleased with my experience. I couldn't thank her enough.

First Internet Bank response

You got it, Jessica. We love when we can provide a great customer service experience. Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: April 21, 2022

Partnered with FIB and Scott ** to purchase my first home. Was an extremely efficient process from initial request through closing. The FIB team was helpful in quickly answering questions (which I had quite a few). I strongly recommend FIB, and specifically Scott, for your next mortgage.

First Internet Bank response

Hi Ross, we’re glad our team was able to provide a 5-star experience for you, and we hope to be able to give you that same top-notch service in the future!

Original review: March 21, 2022

Ray was awesome in assisting us with our refinance. We were able to shave nearly 2 points off our mortgage AND convert to a 15-year loan. We cannot be more thrilled with Ray and his help during this process.

First Internet Bank response

Whether it’s your first loan or fifth, our team works hard to get you the best rates while providing the support you need along the way. Thanks for choosing us for your refinance, Kenith!

Original review: March 14, 2022

It was great experience working with First Internet Bank for our home mortgage, we got best rates, service by Joye ** was excellent, fast, honest and very helpful. FYI It was also our second time using the First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank response

We love it when you’ve had such a great experience, you can’t help but choose us again. Thank YOU, Swetha, for the awesome review!

Original review: March 8, 2022

Joey ** was the best representative I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with in my life, and I am 77. He was respectful, fast, courteous, and HONEST, and extremely knowledgeable. I would recommend him and his bank to anyone who is looking for a mortgage, a refinance, or a reverse mortgage (or whatever else he might be able to help you with).

First Internet Bank response

We love when our team and refinance process not only meet but exceed your expectations. We appreciate you, George, and your business!

Original review: March 4, 2022

Rick ** at First Internet Bank made it easy to communicate, fill out paperwork, and most importantly made it easy to compare loans to determine that First Internet Bank had the best rates! Will use them again and refer them to family and friends. By the way, this is my second refinance with them!

First Internet Bank response

We love it when you’ve had such a great experience, you can’t help but choose us again. Thank you, Rama, for the awesome review!

Original review: March 3, 2022

Very positive experience obtaining a mortgage through First Internet Bank. Great employees, smooth process, great rates. Ryan S. and Melissa Z. were excellent. I recommend First Internet Bank, will consider them again.

First Internet Bank response

A smooth mortgage process with great rates, along with excellent customer service? You just can’t beat it! Thanks for the recommendation, Adam. We appreciate the review, and look forward to working with you again!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

FIB and my loan officer, Greg **, were highly professional and efficient. They executed my transaction flawlessly. They were clear and detailed and delivered exactly what they marketed. I received positive reviews of them from all transaction stakeholders.

First Internet Bank response

Hi Christopher- we’re so happy to read about your mortgage experience with us and look forward to being there for you in the future!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Joey did a great job in starting, working through and completing my refi loan with First Internet Bank. We got the entire process completed in about 5 weeks. Joey was always right on the spot if any problems or situations I couldn't handle came up. I would recommend Joey to anyone for handing a refi loan! JJC

First Internet Bank response

We love when our team and refinance process not only meet but exceed your expectations. We appreciate you, John, and your business!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Joey was fantastic throughout the whole home buying process. Being first time home buyers, we had no clue what we are doing. Joey kept communication with us and our realtor consistent and welcoming. He ALWAYS got back to us and most importantly, kept the ball moving till we got the loan. Hats off to you and your team at First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank response

We love it when our mortgage process and customer service makes your experience a 5-star one. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, William!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

First Internet, the loan officer was clear and transparent about the loan process, was responsive with my questions. At every step from document uploads I needed to provide they were there to guide me and what was required. Rene

First Internet Bank response

We know how stressful the loan process can be, that’s why our team works hard to provide as much – or as little – support as you need. We hope to get the chance to work with you again in the future, Rene!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I have worked with Derek and his team 3 times - original home purchase, refi and HELOC. Always professional, timely, courteous, accurate and just way above board!! You can tell Derek and his team really care about customer service and they strive to and actually make it a reality. I always feel valued as a customer and well cared for.

First Internet Bank response

Gary We appreciate the review. Sounds like you had a great experience with us - thanks for choosing First Internet Bank a third time!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

We were on a tighter timeline to close our new home purchase sooner than the standard timeframe. We select First Internet Bank because they offered the best interest to us. But our loan process was even more pleasant. The loan officer and the loan processor were very quick with their work and explained things properly to us and answered our questions promptly. They made it happen well within our timelines despite holidays being in-between. Very pleased with the quality of service we received from First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank response

We love when our team and loan process not only meet but exceed your expectations. We appreciate you, Ashish, and your business!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Thank you so much Ashley ** at First Internet Bank! We really appreciate all your assistance and effort! I can't thank Ashley enough for all she did for us! Ashley and her team were amazing! She was very professional, available whenever we needed her. She guided us until the very end. I highly recommend Ashley to anyone who’s looking to buy or refi a house!!! First Internet Bank is by far the best out there!!!

First Internet Bank response

That’s right, Van. No matter where you are in the refinance process, our team makes YOU the priority and that makes all the difference. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Nikko at First Internet Bank was great and responsive throughout the whole process. There’s not anything I was guessing about through the whole process and communication was always quick. Would no doubt use him again, and had no problems with FIB. Everyone from Nikko to loan processor to closing specialist were very easy to work with and very kind. No regrets with going with them.

First Internet Bank response

You got it, Kyle. No surprises is always the best surprise! We’re glad our team was able to help make your mortgage experience a 5-star one and look forward to working with you again in the future.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

First Internet Bank gave us the best rates out of 8 different companies me and my wife talked with. At first we thought it was too good to be true but in the end we were able to get a 2.375% Interest rate on a 30 year term. No other company would come even close. I was extremely impressed with how efficient the process was with no hidden fees!

First Internet Bank response

Simple process? Great rates? Sounds like you had a great refinancing experience, Tariq. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

First Internet Bank (FIB) was great! My loan officer Gary ** was friendly, very knowledgeable and explained everything in detail. I first spoke to him on 10/27/2021 and closed on my refi loan on 12/13/2021 (47 days later!!). Gary & FIB were fast and efficient unlike my NewRez my mortgage holder at the time. I had been working with NewRez on a refi application and almost a year later they could not bring me to closing which is why I ended up applying with FIB. I highly recommend First Internet Bank!

First Internet Bank response

Hi Carmen, we’re glad our team was able to provide a smooth mortgage process AND fast, reliable customer service. Thanks for choosing us!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

First Internet handled everything. They didn't pass me around to other companies with different expectations and patterns of communication. Their site was very easy to use. They fulfilled all of the promises and were very pleasant to work with.

First Internet Bank response

We know how stressful the loan process can be, that’s why our team works hard to provide as much – or as little – support as you need. We hope to get the chance to work with you again in the future, Rodney!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Jeff ** was incredibly knowledgeable and transparent. I couldn't have asked for better service. I would recommend him to anyone and hope to have the pleasure of working with him in the future. In addition Jacob ** was also very transparent and went out of the way to help me understand everything during the underwriting process. I was lucky to have an excellent team.

First Internet Bank response

Hi Michael! We know how stressful the mortgage process can be. That’s why our team makes sure you’re comfortable by providing great support every step of the way. Thanks for the 5-star review!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

Working with Rick **, is always a pleasure. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have contacted him, and will continue to do so in the future. The experience is always pleasurable from start to finish! I have referred him to family and friends and I will continue to do so. Thanks once again Rick, to you and your wonderful team.

First Internet Bank response

We love it when you’ve had such a great experience, you can’t help but choose us again. Thank YOU, Susan, for the awesome review!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Thomas and the entire team did a great job! Great response speed to questions, very clear communication. I saved literally tens of thousands in interest and cut my rate almost in half. Great work by FIB, highly recommend!!

First Internet Bank response

Our team’s got your back no matter what, Jason! Thanks for sharing your refinance experience with us!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

This process was so easy, they work with you every step of the way. You don't feel like working with a big bank but instead they make you feel like you have one or two people working just for you. Great Experience!!!

First Internet Bank response

With how stressful life can be, we try to make your experience as trouble-free and easy as possible. Thanks for sharing, Kevin!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

From the mortgage loan application process to closing, and every step along the way, Ryan went above and beyond to help with our mortgage loan. He answered every question immediately and kept us posted throughout the process, continually checking in. The quick turnaround from Ryan and First Internet Bank for our pre-approval and offer made it possible for us to purchase a home in an extremely competitive seller's market where timing was critical. We are so appreciative - thank you!

First Internet Bank response

Hi Cathy! No matter where you are in the loan process, we’re here to help. We appreciate the review, and hope to work with you again in the future!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I have known Mark ** for several years and we recently closed on a purchase transaction with him. He is easy to work with and we got the best rate from First Internet Bank. Thank you Mark for your assistance.

First Internet Bank response

We’re glad our team was able to make your experience a 5-star one. Thanks for the review, David!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

My only criticism of First Internet is that their internal people aren't as quick to respond or as patient as Ray. Even though my refinancing has been completed, I am still getting notifications from their internal people asking me for additional information or to do additional tasks.

First Internet Bank response

Bill, your input helps a lot! We always strive to improve. Thank you for taking the time to share and are sorry for any inconvenience caused by the notifications.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Destiny is an excellent Senior Mortgage Loan Officer! She helped me navigate smoothly through the process despite a slight financial hiccup that I experienced (emergency car purchase). She consistently but not overbearingly checked in on me to see if I found a home. She deserves a promotion!

First Internet Bank response

That’s right Michael. No matter where you are in the mortgage process, our team’s always ready to lend a hand. Thanks for choosing us!

First Internet Bank Company Information