2. Mortgages

5.0/5 (35 ratings)

About First Internet Bank

First Internet Bank offers a variety of loan programs to fit borrower needs, including fixed, ARM, jumbo, FHA, VA and home equity products. All its services are online, so its loan applications are available 24/7. Most First Internet Bank accounts come with a free ATM card.

Pros

• Free debit cards
  • All services available online
  • High-yield interest on some accounts

Cons

• No physical locations
  • Maintenance fees for most accounts

Bottom Line

First Internet Bank is a full-service online bank. It offers personal and business banking services and mortgages including fixed, ARM, jumbo, FHA, VA and home equity loans. It’s available in all U.S. states and territories.

First Internet Bank Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Internet Bank?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

My only criticism of First Internet is that their internal people aren't as quick to respond or as patient as Ray. Even though my refinancing has been completed, I am still getting notifications from their internal people asking me for additional information or to do additional tasks.

First Internet Bank response

Bill, your input helps a lot! We always strive to improve. Thank you for taking the time to share and are sorry for any inconvenience caused by the notifications.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Destiny is an excellent Senior Mortgage Loan Officer! She helped me navigate smoothly through the process despite a slight financial hiccup that I experienced (emergency car purchase). She consistently but not overbearingly checked in on me to see if I found a home. She deserves a promotion!

First Internet Bank response

That’s right Michael. No matter where you are in the mortgage process, our team’s always ready to lend a hand. Thanks for choosing us!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

From Day 1, working with Tom was great. Even though I am a seasoned finance person, I did have a few questions about First Internet Banks processes and procedures. In addition to Tom, the whole team was wonderful and very timely, from the processor, closer, closing agent and escrow agent. Would recommend Tom and First Internet Bank for anyone's mortgage refinance needs.

First Internet Bank response

Our team’s got your back no matter what, Claiburn! Thanks for sharing your mortgage experience with us!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Working with First Internet Bank was a pleasure and the process was very easy and quick to refinance my home. The agents that I worked with were all very prompt and professional and the website was easy to navigate so uploading the proper forms was a breeze. My overall experience was awesome and I have recommended them to my friends and coworkers.

First Internet Bank response

A quick, easy loan process AND great customer service? Sounds like you had a great experience, Jeff. Thanks for your recommendation!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

First Internet Bank has been great to work with! All departments have been very quick in processing & expediting my mortgage refinance. Their rates, process, & ease of doing business has been quite a pleasure.

First Internet Bank response

Simple process? Great rates? Sounds like you had a great refinancing experience, Zach. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

Chris ** always provides exceptional service for mortgages and refinanced. Time and again he makes sure the process runs smoothly and handles any hiccups that arise elsewhere in the process. He is knowledgeable, responsive, accessible, and just fantastic to work with. I have recommended him to others and they have had just as amazing experiences with him. He is THE best.

First Internet Bank response

We’re glad our team was able to make things a little easier for you, Jo! We appreciate you, and your business!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

First Internet Bank provided a very good rate and a smooth experience for our first mortgage. After seeing the rate on their website, I called and spoke with loan officer Grant **, who confirmed the rate and was quick in providing us a full loan estimate. Throughout our communication he was professional, courteous, and extremely prompt, usually replying within five minutes. As soon as we had decided on the loan, he ordered the appraisal, making sure we got it on time even in a busy market. He kept us informed about the progress of the loan, and we got the approval with time to spare and worry-free. We closed on time and the costs matched the estimate. I recommend First Internet Bank and Grant's team with full confidence.

First Internet Bank response

We’re glad our team was able to make your experience a 5-star one. Thanks for the review, Marius!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I've been using First IB for at least 15 years for personal banking and have always been happy with their customer service and banking. We refinanced our home through them and the experience was just as I expected based on great experience with their personal banking. The whole process took a few weeks but was relatively easy overall and Brian ** was always available and very helpful when we had any questions.

First Internet Bank response

Wow! We are so happy to hear about your positive experience working with us for 15 years! Thanks for the awesome review Patrick.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Our experience with First Internet Bank was amazing and very easy. The loan officers and processors were considerate and very professional. Would recommend them anytime. The processing time from application to recording was amazing.

First Internet Bank response

Our team’s got your back no matter what, Sherrie! Thanks for sharing your refinance experience with us!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

Mr. Rick ** was very helpful in refinancing our home mortgage. He was easy to get in touch with & was able to answer all of our questions (we had quite a few). He kept us up to date on our loan progress & helped us get the best loan for our needs. We highly recommend First Internet Bank.

First Internet Bank response

You got it! Exceptional customer service and great refinance process are two of the many benefits of coming to us for your mortgage. We appreciate the recommendation, Jonathan!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

First Internet Bank was a good choice for my refinance, they were easy to deal with, polite and prompt. The fees were ok and I got a good rate. Ashley was excellent to deal with and very efficient as well as nice. Overall despite a lousy appraiser from the appraisal connection my loan closed with good terms.

First Internet Bank response

We’re glad our team was able to make your experience a great one! Thanks for the review, Janine!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

First Internet Bank is a great company that understands the need of its customers. I have dealt with this company twice both in buying my first house and refinancing and my experience remains a sweet memory. They have great and knowledgeable staff who knows what they are doing. If you need a stress free transaction, First Internet Bank is your best bet.

First Internet Bank response

We love it when you’ve had such a great experience, you can’t help but choose us again. Thank YOU, Effiong, for the awesome review!

Original review: July 29, 2021

Amazing refinance with First Internet Bank and Joey ** is a great beyond words. He put together a refinance package that worked for me when others wouldn’t offer the same low rate. Stellar company and its employees!!!

First Internet Bank response

Simple process? Great rates? Sounds like you had a great refinance experience, Constance. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: July 28, 2021

Awesome experience with efficient refinance!! Very quick; no painful experience as previous loaners! Very friendly staffs.. Will recommend him for everyone and already did! Very competitive pricing and overall awesomeness.

First Internet Bank response

We’re glad your experience with us was a great one. Thanks for sharing, Sharad!

Original review: July 18, 2021

Great experience and support from preapproval up until closing. Recommend fully. Especially appreciate the online portal and descriptions that made everything easy to understand for us as first time buyers. Thank you!

First Internet Bank response

Congrats on your first home, Abhijit! We are happy to hear you had such a great experience working with our team, and we hope to see you again soon.

Original review: July 9, 2021

It was a pleasure working with Ashley. She was always prompt with her correspondence and guided me through the situation with her expertise. On the off chance she was out of the office, she always gave me a contact in order to keep the process going. We closed in 45 days and it could have been sooner! I would wholeheartedly recommend her.

First Internet Bank response

We’re glad our team was able to provide a smooth mortgage process AND fast, reliable customer service. Thanks for choosing us, Sean!

Original review: July 9, 2021

Closed on Mortgage Refinance with money back. Recommended by a family member with FIB for promptness, competitive rate and closing cost. Mr. J. ** was excellent to do business with. His instructions and communications were clear to the point. Corresponded in a timely fashion. I did encountered issues causing delays in closing due to communication issues with the closing department, but Mr. ** facilitated dialogues among the team and myself to move forward more fluidly. I would highly recommend doing mortgage related business with Mr. ** and FIB. Thank you.

First Internet Bank response

Hi MiMi! We know refinancing your home online can be a little intimidating, but like you now know, our team makes sure you’re comfortable by providing great support and an easy, clear process. We’re glad to have been able to make your experience a 5-star one and look forward to working with you again soon!

Original review: July 8, 2021

We recently refinanced our mortgage and after calling 4 places, called Kathy ** at First Internet Bank and received the most competitive rate. Working through the process took a lot of time (as it would with any firm) but the computer system was helpful to take me through every step and highlighting any outstanding tasks. Any questions that I had were answered with a quick response to my inquiry by Kathy ** who is professional while being very friendly. The process from start to finish was great and I am saving almost $400 per month on my mortgage.

First Internet Bank response

Hi Diane! We’re glad our team was able to provide a 5-star experience for you, and we hope to be able to give you that same top-notch service in the future!

Original review: July 8, 2021

My Realtor was hesitant when I wanted to use First Internet Bank, since he never heard of it, but they were easier to work with than the local bank and mortgage broker, and beat the closing estimate date by 2 weeks. Plus they saved us thousands in closing costs and had the best interest rate by far. Our Senior Loan Officer, Max **, is very friendly and easy to work with. He is a great communicator, was always accessible and quick to respond, and was on top of everything. He made the process very simple, and worry free.

First Internet Bank response

A quick, easy loan process AND great customer service? Sounds like you had a great experience, Jason. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: July 3, 2021

Gary was quick to answer any questions, communicated clearly, and advocated for me throughout the process. Thank you for the quick closing and painless process. Would recommend First Internet Bank in the future.

First Internet Bank response

We appreciate your recommendation, Bob! We are happy to hear you had such a good experience and we can't wait to work with you again in the future.

Original review: June 4, 2021

Chris ** at First Internet Bank made it easy to communicate, fill out paperwork, and most importantly made it easy to compare loans to determine that First Internet Bank had the best rates! I did some shopping around and decided this was the right lender to go with.

First Internet Bank response

Hassle-free process AND great customer service? Sounds like you had a great experience, Matthew. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 25, 2021

From my initial call with lots of questions to the end was very satisfying. I got all my questions answered. Never went a long period without hearing from them. If I was missing something would get reminders. I’m extremely happy with the service

First Internet Bank response

We’re glad our team was able to provide a quick mortgage process AND fast, reliable customer service. Thanks for choosing us, Rick!

Original review: May 14, 2021

Katherine and her team was fantastic. She was responsive, and made sure we had everything we needed to close on time. Our loan was approved and the house closed! Compared to other agents and banks, their bankers may delay you for very long and not be responsive. E.x. Bank of America or Key Bank.

First Internet Bank response

A quick, easy loan process AND great customer service? Sounds like you had a great experience, Kevin. Thanks for sharing!

Original review: May 3, 2021

Joey ** made the mortgage application process smooth and comfortable. As a first-time homebuyer, I didn’t know what to expect. Joey communicated the process well from the very beginning and saved me from lots of mishaps and frustration. He remained responsive and insightful to the end. All parties involved, including my real estate agent and title company, finished with high praise for the work he did.

First Internet Bank response

Congrats on your first home, Ariel! We are happy to hear you had such a positive experience working with us, and we appreciate the awesome review!

Original review: April 27, 2021

Our representative was the most professional mortgage expert I ever dealt with. We did a refi and a 2nd home finance and he made all the right recommendations and followed through on everything. Highly recommend for service and rates.

First Internet Bank response

You got it, Ken. We love when we can provide a great customer service experience. Thanks for choosing First Internet Bank!

Original review: April 15, 2021

All phases of our mortgage refinance went smoothly. All our questions were answered promptly and there was no hint of **. This is so refreshing in today's business world. Thanks to all who made our mortgage refinance process run so smoothly. This does not happen without well trained people who want to provide excellent service.

First Internet Bank response

Our team is great. They work hard so that your process can be as comfortable and smooth as possible. Thanks for the the review, Forrest, we can't wait to work with you again!

Original review: April 11, 2021

Excellent customer service with all employees. Extremely efficient, and my loan process was easy and quick. Definitely will use them again and refer them to family and friends. By the way, this is my second refinance with them!

First Internet Bank response

We love when our process is so good, it creates returning customers! We are happy to hear you had such a great experience and we look forward to working with you on the next refinance!

Original review: March 23, 2021

I could not be more pleased with the highly professional service I received from my loan rep and his staff Brian **. He was very prompt and helpful in guiding me through my loan process. I have done two separate loans with him and am so glad I did. I highly recommend the bank and Brian for home loans. Very trustworthy!!

First Internet Bank response

Thank you for your recommendation, Scott! It's amazing customers like you that make our process so great! We can't wait to work with you again!

Original review: March 15, 2021

Excellent customer service. Joey made the whole process easy and when I had questions he responded in a timely manner. The whole team was great! I will definitely recommend this company to anyone!

First Internet Bank response

Thank you for your recommendation, Teena! Our team works hard to provide you with a great experience. We hope to work with you again soon!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

This is our 5th transaction with Mike ** at First Internet Bank of Indiana (2 purchases, 2 refinances - 1 NV 1 CA, and 1 home equity). Mike and his team are professional, efficient, friendly, helpful and very responsive. FIB has a very efficient and streamlined process in place. The application process and uploading and signing documents is a breeze. We would definitely use Mike Watson at First Internet Bank of Indiana again!

First Internet Bank response

We love when our customers return and continue having great experiences working with our team! Thank you for leaving a review, and we look forward to the next time we get to work with you!

First Internet Bank Company Information