1.27/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a loan company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Credit Acceptance Corp

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

477 Credit Acceptance Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

So I have been on the phone with Credit Acceptance all morning. I made a payment on my car to get my car released. I have been calling back when they ask me to and they still haven't released my vehicle. I have work and I have been telling them I have work. My car is 45 min away from my house (I know what town it is in) and an hour away from my job. I work at 12 noon. Right now it is 9:48 and I have not been able to get my car when they said it would take half an hour from now. But apparently not. Now I am waiting on one of the representatives to respond to an email. I was on the phone and they couldn't even get in touch with them verbally.

I don't know what is going on with this company but I think I am going to find a way to refinance my car because this is ridiculous and unacceptable. The customers' needs should be put first. Don't make them wait. I've been calling them for the past two hours. I have a job that I would like to not lose and bills besides my car to pay. This company is very aggravating and one of the reps gave me a complete attitude when I called. I have spoken to three reps and none of them seem to be doing their job. I do not care for this company at all whatsoever, I just dropped $1000 to get my car out of repo. Money that was in my savings account and now my savings is drained. I need to be able to get to my job to start building up my money again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I've had my car over 2yrs. I've always communicated with them and stayed current but somehow I'm not and they keep taking my car then charging more money to get it back. Since my monthly payments have gone up and they continue stealing the car out of my driveway. Can't live like this. We should come together and sue this company!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Since DAY ONE, I have had issues with credit acceptance. The FIRST TIME I tried to make a payment I was told my account was closed and that I could not make a payment. Called for a WEEK STRAIGHT and received the SAME INFORMATION! Was told I would be contacted when I was able to make a payment. Weeks went by with NO contact. I then receive a letter in the mail telling me I am a month behind! How is this possible when the account is “closed”? I call and make a payment through the automated system not wanting my credit to be damaged further. The next month I call to speak to a LIVE REP because I received ANOTHER letter saying I am ANOTHER MONTH BEHIND! Was told my account was closed and a payment shouldn’t have been made! ONCE AGAIN! I call a District Manager by the name of Mindy and she tells me everything is okay and they entered in my account manually and it’s now “opened”. (thank God!)

I call and try to set up payment arrangements because now my loan is showing 2 months past due and I do not want to get my car repossessed and I’m set up with arrangements. I make the payment on the scheduled date and wait for it to hit my account. A WEEK passed and NOTHING! I receive a call telling me I had NSF and the payment was returned! So I call my bank trying to figure out what’s going on and they tell me the information is INCORRECT! I call Credit Acceptance back and I get told that I didn’t have NSF. It was returned because “information” was incorrect! This company has been nothing short of a headache since DAY ONE!! DO NOT FINANCE YOUR CAR THROUGH HERE. Save yourself the headache and save until you can afford or try and go through a company with a better background!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I rarely write reviews but I had to on this unethical company by the name of "CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORPORATION". In retrospect I should have done my due diligence and conducted an extensive research on this company but I was in need for an automobile at the time. I financed a 2006 BMW 330xi through this corporation and was charged 20k for a vehicle that is worth $5,000. Usually corporations like these don't last because of unethical practices it's just a matter of time before karma catches up with this entity. Some of the customer service representatives are very rude especially the one named Brittany.

This corporation is not for the people, but for the money of hardworking individuals who help to keep our struggling economy afloat. The CEO and executives of this corporation should be highly ashamed for trying to take advantage like the way they are doing but I'm pretty sure they are heartless and they have no morals or a soul of good nature. I can understand profiting $5000, but $15,000 is ludicrous. After I'm doing paying off this ridiculous loan, I will NEVER spend money with the corporation again in my life, and I will do my part to make sure I spread the word on how vicious and conniving they can be. Please I'm begging anyone that is reading this stay away from this corporation they are no good blood sucking leaches who get a joy out of robbing people for their hard earned money.

I can just imagine the employees they hire to work for them, how could you work for some sharks like these people. I feel the pain of each and every disgruntled consumer whom has took the time to vent on the corporations that give the United States a bad name. Do not worry "CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORP" has its own karma on the way. No to need to fight back and forth with them, just let go and let God deal with them. The universe does not like UGLY. Sincerely an unsatisfied customer.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

My son totaled his Jeep. We immediately contacted our insurance company and Credit Acceptance to let them know what was happening. We then said we wanted to cancel the warranty and get the paperwork going for GAP. They told my son that once the vehicle was paid off by the insurance company then the GAP would be processed. They contacted my husband because he was a cosigner and he also told the person on the other end that the vehicle was totaled and insurance would pay it off. I then notice that they are dinging my husbands and sons credit history for late payments when in fact they know it's been totaled. My son calls them today only to find out that they went to the salvage yard and reposed the pile of junk.

Our insurance company now cannot pay it off since they are no longer in possession of the piece of crap and Credit Acceptance said they would have to sell the scrap and then let the insurance company know what the balance is. HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF A COMPANY BEING THAT STUPID!!! Do they not think that people have access to attorneys just because they has to use their POS of a finance company. Tonight will determine whether I contact my attorney in the morning. If they do not stop dinging their credit for missed payments then my attorney will be more than happy to rake them over the coal and hopefully get my son & husband a little extra for slandering their credit. If you have to buy a car and you have bad credit you'd be better off going to a tote the note place. You'll get a better interest rate. STAY AWAY FROM CREDIT ACCEPTANCE. THEY ARE A RIPOFF!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I called today to ask for a payoff amount on my loan. I get a guy who asked why I want to pay it off. I said, "Well, it's a piece of crap, in and out of the shop, and I want to trade it in." He gives me a payoff amount and says, "What shop?" I said, "Well, why do you need to know that?" So he presses and presses, so I lied and said I didn't know, as seriously, the warranty they sell you is also a piece of crap that pays the shops next to nothing anyway.

Mind you, this is after I have paid, faithfully without a problem on this car for almost 3 years AND the payoff is less than $5,000. I'm just waiting to see how often they call me this week demanding to know the name of my mechanic and how bad the repairs are? Uh, call the car lot. They're the ones that have had my car in the shop for almost 3 months pretending like they knew how to repair it, before finally admitting today that they don't. And did I miss a car payment this whole time? NO. Call the local dealership. That's where my car has to go tomorrow, where I'll probably get stuck with a four-figure bill to repair the engine. Call my lawyer. That's who I'm talking to next. But the name of the shop where my car is now. I don't think so. Bite me. Next time I'll just buy a $2,000 car from the local want ads. It'll probably run better and I won't have a loan over my head.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

My husband died suddenly at the age of 43, so I did a voluntary repossession of my car. I had never missed a payment. Unfortunately, I could no longer pay for the car as a widow. Credit Acceptance sold the car and still charged me $150.00 monthly for the balance. I had to move, get a new job and pay cemetery costs. When I missed payments on the car I no longer had, they issued a Writ of Fieri Facias Instanter to put a lien on my property, even though I don't own much of anything. I have never dealt with such a heartless company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This company is a ripoff. Made payments on time for over two years. Now show I have missed. Or 8 missed payments. I was late 2 or 3 times but that was due to public holidays and the mail wasn't delivered. Report car Sunday night Monday morning without notice. Run like heck from them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We got our car about 9 months ago. We always paid the bill. Well they came and took the car from my husband's work with no heads up. We called them to see if they took it and turns out they did. As for their reasons, first it was about a "$50 late fee" Then they said we missed a payment around August 20th the day my daughter was born, when in fact I paid them 2 weeks before that so it was not due . Then they claimed we've been late since April. Looking into our bank statements, that was a lie.

The woman he spoke to literally paused and hesitated to come up with that crap. They want $655 to get it back and $70 to get our personal stuff out if we decided to not get it back. Then my husband got legal help, and the woman refused to answer him about why the car was taken. She then claimed they lost his record. Now we are waiting for them to call back within 3 days like they said they would, which I don't even know why it would take 3 days to come up with an answer. All in all these people are ridiculous and if we weren't in desperate need of a car we would tell them to keep the p.o.s.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

So I've dealt with this company for 3 years as it was who the dealership choose for my loan. My coupon book states my payments could be made from the 1st to the 15th and when my payment wasn't there by the 8th I was getting 4 calls a day about it. So why when I only had 2 payments left did I not receive ONE call asking where my payment was. I mailed my payments as before and because I didn't receive a call I believed that they had received them. That is until I awoke and seen my truck gone.

They have no cares whatsoever. It was literally 8 hours until I could speak with someone that they had my truck and I had to pay $285 towing plus a $35 personal property fee. I'm beyond pissed. I asked why didn't I receive those same 4 plus calls daily 3 months ago like I did the whole time. I was told the calls are a courtesy. I asked so why not a letter, that too is just a courtesy. Well heck you bugged me daily and now that I'm almost done you decide no call or letter is needed.

No courtesy extended to avoid this extra fee... Then it hit me, this is how they make money. Word to the wise DO NOT ALLOW A DEALERSHIP TO SELECT CREDIT ACCEPTANCE AS YOUR BANK. This is happening too much and to top it off they bank on owners NOT being able to pay so that they can get additional money out of the vehicle which they charged 2 or more times what it's worth. Please get informed of who you're dealing with. CAC only deals with those with less than favorable credit so that they can get extra money from you. These people are legal crooks.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Bought a car Sept 2016. Came & repo car Aug 2017 because I was late 4 July. My husband gets disability so we pay every 2 of month. Made 2 payment in June. One for June. One for July. They said did not pay for July because payment goes for previous month. REALLY!! Does that make any sense. Then they told me a price to get car I said "does this go for my monthly payment." He added all these repo fees. Employee said "$150 for towing, 150 for key they made (no key fob) & $50 for auction inspection." Talked with sup he said "$300 for towing, $150 for key, $50 for auction (I live in MS, auction 3 hours away in AL). And $120 TRAVELING FEE!!!). WTF!!! And $25 for PERSONAL PROPERTY for my bible, CDs & plates. I was never behind & do not have car to go to AL to pick up car. CA IS full of **. I am suing. Now have lawyer. I suggest class action suit & put them out of business!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

This is the worst company I have ever done business with. The car I bought was a 2010 Jeep Liberty. My 84 year old mother went on it. I did too. The car broke down the FIRST day we had it about three months ago. The motor blew. I called them to pick it up. They said they had to send papers. They did but they didn't pick the car up and keep adding amount to the balance we left which made our credit bad and still doing so. Can someone help us.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I've had the vehicle for two years. Let's not mention the $3600 I had to fork out in the first 6 months to fix the transmission, exhaust, brakes and fuel pump that they refused to cover. Never been late. As I ticked away at my credit I opted to refinance with my bank. To which I was able to secure a much better loan and get myself out from under these frauds. Or so I thought.

My financial institution requested a payoff last week. And we finalized the loan this past Friday. To which Credit Acceptance is due to receive said payoff, which should include any and all balances on the account, this coming week. Again, I finalized the new loan on Friday. Saturday Credit Acceptance began blowing up my phone. Claiming I had defaulted on my loan and that it was in collections. No. Never been late. Their payment is on auto pay and I've never missed a payment. They're threatening to repossess. I advised them that they are due to receive the loan payoff this coming week and to please note that on the account. The representative was extremely rude and demanded a specific day. Again, my financial institution is remitting this payment so I cannot give a specific date but again due to be received this week.

If they touch my truck after all I've invested into it along with my commitment towards payments, I'm going to sue them like there's no tomorrow. Now that I'm in a better financial position than I was when I bought the truck, they don't realize who it is they're dealing with. I'm not an idiot and they're not getting MY truck. (Thankfully this beast does not have their fancy little added gadget installed-- GPS tracker).

If they enter my property and try to take my truck, the cops will be on scene and they will send them packing once I show them my paperwork from my financial institution indicating that THEY own the truck now, not these guys. Loan sharks who will milk you dry if you're too broke to fight them, or ruin your credit in the process. Not this chic, not after all the work I put into repairing the truck and my credit. They're in for a shock. Will update once my bank has confirmed that they received the payoff.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Bought a car from a dealer that used Credit Acceptance. The car was a piece of crap. 3 days after I purchased it the transmission went out. Called the dealer. They kept telling me it was out of their hands that it was the finance company problem. I called the finance company and they told me it was the car dealer's problem. I made payments on the piece of crap truck for a few months. Could not drive it.

I called the finance company and told them to come and get the car. I did a voluntary repo. Now they want me to make payments on a car I don't even have. They claim they sold it for 1000 dollars but they are charging me 6000 dollars. Good luck with that. I will be doing a bankruptcy. I refuse to pay for a car I could not even enjoy. The shady car dealership is now closed. I guess they had enough of ripping people off with the help of Credit Acceptance. They get into business with the most shady of dealerships. Will not recommend buying anything from a dealership that uses them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I purchased a 2011 Taurus Limited from 10-Point Auto Sales in Spring Mills, WV. I had, prior to this, never purchased a used car. After a costly and difficult divorce which lasted nearly 2 years, my credit was destroyed and my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD was falling apart. I had driven by this dealership for nearly 4 years and watched them grow from a 20-car lot, to a 200-car lot.

With my two sons in the Jeep, heading yet again to Advance Auto Parts, I stopped at the dealership to look at the vehicles they had on the lot. I found an extremely nice Taurus Limited. This car had everything in it. It was loaded with features nearly identical to my Jeep. It did not have a navigation system but I could live without that. The car was listed for $11997. A sticker on the windshield noted that it came with an extended warranty which was INCLUDED in the price of the vehicle. I filled out the credit application, put down a relative down payment and within 30 minutes, I was driving away in my "new" car.

I changed jobs about 8 months after buying the car and I called to change my payments (I pay bi-monthly and my pay dates changes) and spoke with a gentlemen named Keith. He was a perfect gentleman. Never once balked at changing the payment dates. Within 10 minutes all was taken care of. CAC has been good to me and my family. Words of caution: Buy what you can afford. Test drive the car like you stole it. I did. Buy and OBD reader and take it to the dealer with you, I did. I had a great experience. I would recommend CAC. Just understand, they deal with consumers with less than good credit, mostly. They need to watch their bottom line, too.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

If you are a women that ever plans on being pregnant I would highly suggest you never deal with this company. My girlfriend had to go on medical leave for the last month of her pregnancy and she can't collect her short term disability pay until after she gives birth. Well we figured we would try to get a payment deferred. Keep in mind she's never been late once in a year. They won't work with you at all. Actually they asked if she could make payment early after they denied her. I wouldn't recommend anyone to deal with them since they obviously hate children and pregnant women.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Well, it all started when my mom was out car hunting and we came across this place off the Interstate in D'Iberville. The salesman was very nice and the owners as well. Got my mom into a car that has really turned out to b a great car. She is happy with it. There are a few things that could have been done better... But overall mom was happy. So I decided that when the time came I would be going to the same place... Already had my eye on a car. Well, I delivered the newspaper during this time so my car was my office. I had a 1994 Nissan Pathfinder... A gift from my son for my birthday. Have to say it was the best vehicle I've ever had Considering it had an oil leak the whole 4 years we had it. Well, we put money into it and my husband said that if I was to continue doing my route I was going to need something better.

So off to Music Motors I went. I found a 2007 Nissan Sentra on the website for 4,999... Cute little car though it fit me. There were address things that needed to be fixed but they got me in the car. I was very grateful at the time. Well after I got home and sat down to go over the contract... I had financed the car for over 8,000... The price was 4,999 but when I read the contract it was said the price of car would be 7,000. 12 month 12,000 mile warranty which the warranty company didn't honor either. So credit acceptance financed me for 8,087. 7 for the car 710 for gap coverage and 1,333 for the warranty. 2 days after I got car... Had to have all new tires and a front end alignment done. 2 weeks after had to have struts motor and transmission mounts replaced, Cv axle and away bar replaced. Which the warranty company would not pay to fix because there is no mechanic where we live the will warranty their labor for a year.

So I called the place where I got car and the salesman said "no worries. I got your back. I'll get you the number for a mechanic that I know will use the warranty. Told me this 3 times but never called back. So I had to take the money out of my own pocket, my moms pocket and friends to fix and then have car turned back on BECAUSE I was late making my payments due to having to put money into the car. Needless to say credit acceptance was not helpful... Everyone I spoke with always said "we understand and we are trying to help you." I even had an operator tell me after I told her why I was behind...She says "well maybe if you put your priorities first you wouldn't be in this position!!!" I told her "lady I don't know who you think you are but I will pay What I can when I can" and that she could get... Well I called right back and made a complaint and pretty much dealt with the same stuff.

My husband has been laid off and they want to know when I can make a payment or if I can borrow the money from someone. Car has been repo'd, my stuff still in it and now they say I must pay in order to get my things. Oh and I've lost my paper routes as well since I have no car at all. So I was screwed from the moment I went back to the dealership. DO NOT EVER GO TO MUSIC MOTORS/AUTO HIFI TO GET A CAR... THEY ARE NO GOOD AND DEAL WITH CREDIT ACCEPTANCE... NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OF IT. My first time ever financing a car!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I had only opened a loan with this company for 6 months when my car was totaled in an auto accident and the person driving was nearly killed. The car had full coverage, so I notified an agent at CAC that the note was to be paid off by the insurance company in a matter of weeks. Since the car was totaled, I was told not to worry about any future payments. Right before the insurance company released the check(s), CAC repo'd the car, or what was left of it, so that the entire insurance check had to be sent to them, since they had claim to it. They then extorted another $1,200 in fees from me for the repossession and are selling the wrecked car in auction for additional funds. The amount I was supposed to get for my car was reduced to a third, and I won't even get it from them for 21-30 days.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I'm going to save you from back story and be as succinct as possible. I needed a car loan and had less desirable credit. I found a used car lot that uses Credit Acceptance as its loan company. I got my car and made my payments on time for two years until I had issues that put me behind two payments. I have made every payment since on arrangement with the company. My credit has been decimated since. It shows that I have missed 25 payments. Am a father of 4 so catching has been hard but diligently, I have maintained my payments. This company will not help in any way and will do all to harm your credit further. It's best to avoid if at all possible.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I WOULD NOT recommend doing business with this company! I live on a very fixed income, I was 2 weeks late for my car payment that I planned on paying when I got paid which was the next day. I was at work, and when I went to get into my car it was GONE! They took my vehicle because I was two weeks late. Now I know I was late yes, but 2 weeks and they are jacking my car. I had my wallet, car seat, personal papers and all in there and they will not tell me where my car is until I pay the payment and the 250.00 repo fee! I did not think they could hold your personal belongings until you pay. How in the hell am I suppose to pay with out my wallet? I would never do and will never do business with this place again. And every time you call you get some rude ** person who treats you like ** because you have bad credit!!! I'm sorry but what a joke.

Original review: July 30, 2017

READ THIS!!! DO NOT EVER BORROW FROM THIS SUPPOSED BANK CALLED CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORP. out of MICHIGAN!!! They are shady loan sharks and how they are allowed to do what they do to consumers and get away with it just blows my god damn mind. Trust me 3-1/2 years of hell. I could go on and on and tell you everything CREDIT ACCEPTANCE has done/put me through.., I don't even have all the time in the day OR TWO to tell you or how DIRTY AND GRIMY CREDIT ACCEPTANCE IS.

THIS WEBSITE "CONSUMER AFFAIRS", "THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU" are TOTAL JOKES they don't give a rats ass!!! Claim to be there to help consumers please what a joke! My rights were and have been blatantly violated and nobody gives a rats ass! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND ENERGY!! NO ONE CARES!! Trust me I know from experience!!! All these websites that claim to be consumer rights advocates or whatever the hell are a total sham. Don't waste your time. No one's there to help you. You have to hire a lawyer for thousands of dollars for a car you only owe $800 on. SAVE YOURSELF THE HELL. No matter how desperate you are for a car loan do not borrow from credit acceptance corp. They are not a real bank. There is no way in hell they are.

Original review: July 28, 2017

Horrible horrible people. A bunch of heartless idiots. I wonder if they train their staff to be idiots or may they already came that way. How do these people sleep at night. I traded in my 2008 motorcycle for a 2012 plus gave them $1000 cash. 18 months later I owe more than the moneys I financed. And I paid $280 a month. I can't even sell it unless I pay it off. And it takes over a month to get the title. So I can't even sell it. I've had a bad month at work. My payment is 20 days late. They call me 5 to 6 times a day. They can just come get the P.O.S. I should have just saved my money. With the 4000 trade in and my $1000 in cash & the $5000 I already gave them in payments I could have bought the motorcycle for cash. I just hope when these people die they roast in the pits of hell for eternity. Worst company ever. Hope they burn!!!

Original review: July 27, 2017

When I purchased my car, the lot value was12,500 with 90K Miles on it. It was explained to me that my pay off would be around 19,000. This was a complete lie. After putting in more than 18,000 into the car, it broke down with 171K miles (2 years) I let them pick up the car. After telling me I spent more than 18K on the car and that I signed for now 24,000 they have been trying to get me to get the car back. I asked how much was left on the car and they said 11,000. Are you kidding me? Nearly 30,000 for a 12,000 car that doesn't work! Screw these people. They are rude, ignorant and need to be shut down!

Original review: July 27, 2017

THEY ARE LIARS... the warranty doesn't cover a darn thing, the rates go up, they repo without helping you, anything you can think of they lie about it. They are not legit... I asked to speak with the CEO Brett A. Roberts and was told he’s too busy to speak with customers, no email or phone number listed for him on the CEO website either. How funny is that and you can't write any reviews on their FB page either lol. I have sent them a letter on July 19, 2017 and they received it on the 24th and they wanted to tell me that they don't see no letter in their system then all of a sudden when I said "I’m recording" "Oh look the letter popped up" lol.

They recording you record their ** back. They ain't giving permissions neither am I. Play their game as well. Send them a letter requesting three documents to validate the debt which they can't provide and then their collection supervisor ZACK wanted to play mind games with me acting like he didn’t know what I was talking about. Look up Mary-Elizabeth Croft. Read her book and see what I'm talking about. People we need to wake up from this slumber.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Loan Sharks from THE HOOD. Purchased a car using these clown and regretted it from day one. The customer service people treat you like **. They charge the absolute highest interest rate allowed by your state (may want to check that). You can only pay by automatic withdrawal or Western Union. I going to check if that is in their contract. If not get ready for a class action lawsuit. To the guy in Pittsburgh... You need to hire an attorney pal. Both the dealer and Credit Acceptance would be paying me big. If you have any other option besides CAC... DON'T USE THEM.

Original review: July 17, 2017

These people are horrible! You will pay way more than the vehicle is worth and when you get out of work due to medical problems they don't give a **! I was unable to keep working due to neck and back problems and finally was able to get another job much lower pay though. We contacted them and explained the situation and told them to come pick it up. They finally sold the car but now they say we owe more than when we first bought it. They should be run out of business because they are vultures. Just because you don't have the best credit does not mean you should get raped by ** like these.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Credit Acceptance and its dealers put warranty attach with their cars. They stated that if anything goes wrong you can take it to a repair shop, which is false. It's a discount no one will accept. I have a pending lawsuit in District Court of Michigan. I have so far three people who has ask to file a claim against Credit Acceptance. If you would like your voice heard contact me at **.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I bought a car through them in February 2016 for $11,500. The Apr is 24% they do not stop to charge me fees and at the present time my loan still at $10,366.79 which mean I paid thousands of interest and fees only. A this point my car would be almost paid if it wasn't the high interest rates and fees. They only used Western Union through their site and if you pay through western union they are adding $6.95. This is really crazy! I understand all the reviews I read and the furor people feel as I am in the same situation as well. Plus they send letters if you are 10 days late about repossessing my car.

They never answer my emails. The only way to talk to them is to call them. I have to contact the consumers' bureau at the site www.consumerfinace.gov and FTC the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov/complaint, and waiting their answers. Now, my bank doesn't accept western union and rejected all the payment I made through their site. I have to prove I am not late and this is not my fault, as they keep adding fees! American Credit Acceptance has been sue in Massachusetts for Millions by the FTC and I think if we all are complaining to the FTC and the CFPB we will all get results and our interest, money, and fees assess to us. A good fight it is worth it.

Original review: July 8, 2017

This morning I woke up to a tow truck taking one of our cars. The tow truck driver would not wait for me to call Credit Acceptance, and tells me I must owe 2-3 payments. I do not. So I call Credit Acceptance after he leaves without telling us who he is or where our jeep is going. Credit Acceptance tells me there is no repossession order on the car, but then the woman puts me on hold to talk with her supervisor. She then tells me she needs to contact the agent and call me back.

When I asked if the agent is the person who would have taken our car she responded "yes". When I asked if we would have to pay anything to get our car back she replied she didn't know anything and would have to call me back. So now I am sitting here like an idiot waiting to find out who the hell has our car and how I get it back from them. I must be in the right however, because not once did the woman on the phone tell me I have a past due balance or ask me for a payment... Hopefully I can come back and update this once we find out who screwed up.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I financed my vehicle back in 2014 for what I was told was a 36 month loan at $331.32. That seemed right since the vehicle was just shy of $10,000.00. As the end of my loan was supposed to be approaching I got a balloon payment and was told in order to stay on track I needed to pay $406. After doing this for a few months I call to get a pay off and find I still owe over $4000 on my $10,000 vehicle after 3 years?!? I ask how this is possible since my loan was nearly up, and I was informed my loan is for 51 months! I have them send me the paperwork and it says 51 months. I know the dealership told me 36 so shame on me for not reading or shame on them for pulling a switch on me.

I continue to pay the higher rate and this month I'm at work and see some man walking around my truck. I walk outside and ask if I can help with something and he said he's VINing my vehicle, but it's not the one he's looking for. Even though I know I had just paid them I decided to call and be safe. Turns out according to them I missed April's payment. This is now June by the way, so I ask did I make May's? They said yes, so I said what about Junes and Marches? They said yes. So how did I miss Aprils, but continue to pay you? Why wouldn't you notify me of this error before sending someone to repo my vehicle? They even sent me a receipt for April so how was I to know something was wrong?!

This isn't the first time this has happened with them either. So I make an additional payment so they won't repo my truck even though I have a receipt and somehow managed to pay the two following months. They dinged me with a late payment from April dropping my score even though this seems more like an error on their end than mine, and I just checked my score today and I have been dinged with yet another late payment when my July payment isn't even due until the 19th! I love my vehicle and I had full intentions of keeping it since I have customized and formed an attachment to it, but I cannot fathom another 2 years of this! I sold cars and used to recommend this company and I truly feel guilty for ever recommending them. I have been a good customer for 3 years and now they are borderline tormenting me with this late payment credit dings over their own errors.

I guess they assume I'm not refinancing through them so screw it. That or if they ding me enough I won't have a better option, but to deal with them again. Horrible HORRIBLE company and I'm going to dispute everything I can from them through the credit bureaus. Also instead of paying $11927.52 for the truck I am now paying just shy of $17000.00 for a 10k truck. Despicable! I'll walk, ride a bus, or ride a bike before I ever finance a car through this company! Let me say the first 3 years were fine, but now that I am on the back end of my loan and no longer upside or stuck they have become horrible. I am constantly afraid that I'm going to go in a store and come out to my truck missing because somehow I missed a payment 4 months back, even though they sent a receipt, and I still managed to pay all my other notes. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Information