Find a Loan Companies partner

Help me decide

1.6/5 (34 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Credit Acceptance Corp

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Credit Acceptance Corp Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Shaquanda was able to advise me on a way to help our family be more on time with our payment. She was very kind and soft spoken. You did not feel like you were dealing with a person from the billing department just someone who wanted to help you. She’s the best. Can’t recommend them more.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Worse. My car was stolen, the insurance had paid majority of it off And I had GAP insurance too. Well Credit Acceptance somehow states I missed a payment and the gap did not pay off all the remaining which they never notified me. Instead they put it on my credit report causing my score to drop 80 points. When I call about several time to speak with credit acceptance about this they laugh at me. Saying, "Good your credit drop." Basically making fun of. I’d call back to speak to a different rep. They then would be rude. Yell at me. This company will screw you over if you do not go the complete term so they make that interest rate profit. They will go on your credit report and report negative causing it to drop. Avoid this company. They are not in the consumer's best interest.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I purchased a Jeep in April 2021. A month later my Quadra lift suspension went out. 4 months later it started leaking coolant so I take it to have it fixed and they tell me I have a few other things wrong with it. This vehicle has been in the shop at least 5 times and the bills are not very cheap. Dec 2021 I call Credit Acceptance to see if they can push a payment to the end because my car is in the shop and it's going to be hard to make the payment. The lady who assisted me was rude and all she cares about was when I was going to be able to make a payment. She said she would not be able to help me out that they don't do that. I asked to speak to a manager because I do also have another vehicle financed through them Which is almost paid off and I have never been late with either vehicle.

The first thing he asks is when I'll be able make a payment? I have spent 6000 getting this jeep fixed and 5k on my other vehicle and all they can say is, "When will you have your payment." This company is ridiculous and the interest rate is ridiculous as well. They will call you the next day your payment is due and harass you. All they care about is money!! They are not willing to help you out at all. Stay far away from this place!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Changes policies without notifying customers and they overcharge on interest even with avg to good credit. Mid 600. 3000 down 6000 left turned to a 13000 loan from them. Money grubbing company. Don't use them.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I had generally good experience with Credit Acceptance, UNTIL I did a re-fi with another lender. My new lender cut a check for the payoff (no late payment) on 8-26-2021 for $11,900, the payoff was $10,900. I called Credit Acceptance a week later to find out when they will cut me a check for the $1000 over payment, was told that they have to 'investigate' LINE BY LINE of the pay off to make sure that all the 'is' are dotted and the 'ts' are crossed, which could take at least a month or two. It is now a month later and still no sign of a 'check in the mail'! Sounds like a 'cock and bull' story' that Credit Acceptance is making up. It appears that they will have one heck of an office party with my $1000, which BTW I am already paying my new lender as part of the re-fi! I wouldn't trust Credit Acceptance as far as I could throw them!!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I have had many financial obstacles in the last few months. Credit Acceptance has been more than fair in working with me on my payments. The key is that I have stayed in contact with them about my circumstances. They have worked with me every time to keep me on track with my car payments. It is a difficult time for a lot of people right now and I feel that they have recognized and taken steps to help people during this pandemic.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

They are the worst. I’ve been paying my monthly payments on time. I had $50 in late fees. These pieces of dog trash reported $50 in late fees as a 30 day late payment on my credit report. I called them and they explain that late fees are considered payments and that’s why they reported it 30 days late. All of my contractual payments have been made on time. They are trying to destroy my credit because of $50 in late fees? During hard times my priority is to make the monthly payment. Late fees can be taken care of when I have extra cash. They don’t give a damn. But guess what I’m a warrior. And when I fight I win.

They will not destroy my credit rating with a 30 day late payment. I will report them to the consumer financial protection bureau, the attorney general, the Better Business Bureau and I will file a lawsuit they will not win. I have saved every piece of conversation every piece of correspondence and I have documentation to prove that my payments were made on time. Do not do business with these people. They are crooks. They run their business like a third grade dropouts. They have zero intellect and zero intelligence.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Below are issues with the vehicle credit acceptance is financing and they refuse to cancel the loan when they should have from day 1. I've called several times and reported the fraud done by the dealer and how the vehicle sold is a LEMON. I was a co signer for a deal, we traded in a paid off vehicle Mustang and a Fusion that was being financed and owed money on. The first day of signing for the vw cc we got from used Nissan thoroughbred it smelt of gasoline and we took it back and was advised the car had a gas leak and they fixed it but it was brought to our attention it needed new control arms so they replaced them.

However after the car started going into "limp mode" and the check engine light came on with a red steering wheel light came on, my bf was upset and clearly had legit reasons to be, the car was not wanting to turn on. It would just crank and the smell of gasoline, we left the car at my parents and drive to nissan in my Lexus and was told it was our responsibility to get the car over to them for them to look at the car, they would not tow it, we drove back to my parent's house and the car turned on but it was puttering really bad, but, we had to get it to the dealership we got it to thoroughbred and went to check on it after a couple days and I was told our car was taken HOME by a tech to be "test driven" and brought back the next day. No one cared to make us aware before this was done nor ask our permission to have a tech take our car home we just purchased.

We got the car back. They said they couldn't figure out the problem. I had called several times because it was not right. Everything we had gone thru with this car we were sold that was "tip top shape " and had "no issues" then a couple days later he got a call from finance and the man said "We noticed on your contract has the wrong amount. We put $4500 for your trade in and we had to pay the bank $6119 and either you pay us or we are going to report you to collections." Since that call they blocked our phone numbers from calling the dealership, we hadn't gotten the plates because they put the wrong address on the registration.

The GM said I could go down there to get a paper plate after the finance cmpanty had called and the receptionist said she was told not to talk to accept nor take calls from us nor the bank and the bank sent their market manager go to the store and we couldnt get a hold of anyone and my bf was told he couldnt return back to the store so the gm called me and told me I could come to the store to pick up paper plate which I did but from the first day we got this car we gave wanted our money back, anyone and everyone would, and everyone says they are so sorry and they will help with whatever is needed, if that's the case then take this car back and give us our money back because us and our 1 and 2 year old kids didnt and dont deserve this and should not have to go thru this any longer, actions speak louder than words, take the car back and give us our money back. Back up what you're saying to me.

There's so much more but I'm just so sick of the entire situation just as anyone else would want the dealership should be more than willing to give us our money back as in the down payment and the the cost for the trade in and mustang we traded in. All I want is the loan cancelled and to be given a refund of the down payment and amount of the trade ins which is as simple as sending a cancellation letter to the dealer and refund my money.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I set up an agreement for a late payment - when I tried to make my $36.00 payment online, something in the system kept taking my payment and sending it back to me.. I contacted an agent at credit acceptance who kept referring me back to my debt card company - who then referred me back to credit acceptance - this back and forth issue happened approximately 3 times.. No one could tell me why my payment would not go through.. Long story short - by the time I was able to get my payment through, it was later than the time I made my agreement for - their response to the situation was to report a late payment on my credit report, which made my credit go down 42 points.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

In October 2019 I financed a Toyota through them. In March 2020 Covid affected our financial situation and I lost my job. I called them and at first they were somewhat understanding. I had set up a payment plan with them and they STILL report me as late payments to my credit bureau. This is not right. They call 10 times a day for no reason. Stay away if you can. Wish I knew sooner.

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Information