Credit Acceptance Corp

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I paid 9000 on a 10,000 auto loan before Credit Acceptance repoed the vehicle I thought was mine. I was in the process of transferring to a new job location because of a promotion so I call up Credit Acceptance and explained to a clerk that I would be 2 weeks late on my payment. One week later my car was repoed. 3 payments the loan would have been paid off. I wish something can be done about companies like this. I'm out 9000. On my credit report it states car loan paid. SMH.

Financed my $5,500 car loan unfortunately thru this bank. Honestly not sure how this company hasn't been shut down by Feds that's how shady they are... Here's my story... 19 days ago with only owing/LATE ON ONE PAYMENT and $1,900 AWAY from owning the car they send Repo people to my work and REPO guys (3) one DROVE NOT TOWED DROVE MY CAR out of my sight. Obviously it's middle of winter and at my job I go directly back inside to call bank and pay to get my car back so I do so.

They then tell me to call the repo company to set up the appointment to pick up my car. I do so I'm informed, "Oh yeah the car is not running under its own power anymore and you need to bring a tow truck and a mechanic." I said, "Excuse me, you guys just drove it away. Took it from my work 15 minutes ago. What do you mean it's broke down?" Repo guy told me, "Oh yeah cars a piece of ** and something broke on it. Not our problem." Funny right? I said, "OK we'll see about that." Call the bank back immediately tell them what's going on. I'm told by two different people in the redemption department as well as my husband calling and being told all calls are recorded by the way that the car was not in the same condition as when I handed it over not to pick up the vehicle.

Called repo company back. Told him that was the situation that the bank I would be in touch but I am not picking up a broken vehicle that I handed over that was totally fine that I drove to work 40 minutes from my house. Or is the very rude repo people said they wanted to "pound" my husband, ran their mouths to me. The most disrespectful people I've ever dealt with in my life. I'm then told now this is my six or seventh call the bank that day, "All your legal team needs to look into this." "Will be in touch within 24 hours. If you don't hear back in 24 hours, call us." We did the 24 hours. Call back to the redemption department and I'm now told, "Oh no you were misinformed. It's 7 to 10 business days before the legal team gets back to you." Mind you I have no vehicle. I've paid to have the vehicle released. The repo people broke my car and now I need to wait. I have a job.

It's two days before Christmas so I'm forced to go rent a car. Cost me $515 for the week. Still hadn't heard from redemption department. Of course on the 10th day of the last hour they finally called me to tell me that die I need to show proof that they drove the vehicle even though I have a handful of witnesses from my work that saw it happen. The vehicle broke down. I don't know quarter mile from my work. Not even anywhere near my work's property. That I had witnesses of that also said how would I drive a broke down vehicle to work that day when I live 40 minutes away. Hello doesn't even make sense. Car was backed into my parking spot I parked in for 10 years. This legal department yeah add a joke. It's just him another customer service center of the church have their heads so if their asses it's not even funny. Tell me no I can't send pictures of the layout of the parking lot, no I can't get statements from the cops, from people at work that witnessed it, so pretty much tell me no I can't prove to them that they drove my car.

Finally get my car back towed to my house at my expense yesterday. Whatever they did to my car they must've beat the piss out of it in the quarter-mile they drove it and probably hit the 3 foot crater in the middle of the road because it's New Englanders potholes everywhere. Don't know. No idea what they did. It drove fine when I drove it last. At lunch that day broke and axle and or a CV joint axle hit that bump so hard that's my guess broke the motor mount. Course that's a dealer part only. It's the weekend car still not drivable. Nobody cares. This place is a joke I'm not even sure how this could be legal.

I just am baffled here no help from the bank. They hired the repo people like I'm not paying customer here. I just I'm baffled. Yeah. OK. Called and file the claim with the Better Business Bureau me and 1 million other people what contact my state Attorney General with 8000 people maybe in two years get a call or a letter from somebody telling me, "Oh yeah go hire a lawyer." Will go hire a lawyer for $2000 on a car that's not even worth that and I don't even owe that much on, YEAH OK. Like I said how this place is even still in business? I'm shocked and floored. Am yeah so if anyone has any suggestions or thoughts or can offer any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Credit Acceptance is bad for business! I was late for a couple days and made a partial payment the month before and they re-poed my car in February! My payments are extremely high 615.95 on a 2015 Chrysler 200 and I am looking to get out of my contract. They charged 815 something and it took a dozen times to call to get thru for them to accept the payment and for me to get my car out from recovery. When I received my car from Mad Dogg Recovery in Lynwood, IL, all of my belongings were in black garbage bags and my license plates were taken off of my vehicle. It seems as though they were banking on sending my vehicle to auction. They call and harass you and don't give a grace period unless you're set up on auto pay. Some customer reps are pleasant and understand, and others can be cruel and cold-hearted douchebags. They are a rip-off and should be out of business.

My husband and myself were in a bad situation and had no choice but get a car, because our family was to be moved from Texas to California on military orders. My husband and I had some bad things happened prior, and it ruined our credit score, so we couldn't get a good interest rates or a reputable financial institution to finance us. So we went to a car dealership that got credit acceptance to finance us on horrible terms, but we had no choice, we had to move. We purchased mazda 2007 in 2012 with 90000 for almost 20000.

Later my husband had to file bankruptcy but only under his name. I was a cosigner on the car, and I keep on paying. I have another year to pay, I have never missed a payment, despite the fact the car has been sitting in the garage for a year and is not drivable. It has been under recall for over a year, and they don't have parts to fix it. I owe 4500$ on the car, that worth 1600$ according to blue book.

They put my phone under block and won't answer. I have been trying for the past two months to get a payoff information. They placed my account and my social number into their bankruptcy folder, and automated service hangs up as soon as recognizes my number. I however, like I said never filed bankruptcy and they have never corrected account under my name, although they never forget to withdraw the automatic payment I set up back in 2012. How do you allow these organizations to scam honest working citizens, and speculate so openly. They don't even bother to call! Consumers deserve protection!!!

I financed through Credit Acceptance Corporation for just over two years from June 2014 through July 2016. All payments were made in full that entire time and on time, never late. July 11, my regular occurring bi-weekly payment was made. I went to my credit union and refinanced 2 days later on Wednesday July 13. I received a 10 day quote and a check was mailed covering that balance. The following day I received it. I want to reiterate that for two years I always made my payments bi-weekly and they were auto-draft so I never had to call in.

My first issue here is that a payment came out on July 15th 5 days after my previous "bi-weekly " payment and one day after a check was mailed covering everything. I never got to the reason behind why Credit Acceptance was drafting a payment that was not due because I have a bigger issue here. Anyhow due to that payment it would have resulted in an overpayment to C.A. and I contacted them to have the payment reversed which they said they weren't able to do. They said I would receive a check in the mail within 3 weeks to return the amount overpaid. It's funny how they can take my money in a second but yet it will take me almost a month to get it back???

Since they would not return almost 150$ to me in a timely manner I contacted my credit union to have the payment reversed. This process took 3 business days. I had to print, fill out a form, fax it and wait for approval. I mention this in regards to a later point I will elaborate on because C.A. claimed the payment was not made when in fact it processed and posted during those several days. To get back to July, I called twice within the week and a half of mailing the check to see if the check was received. The automated system didn't recognize me as having an account (indicating it was closed). I also spoke to a rep to verify this information and she also stated the account is closed, paid in full, and that there was no further action on my part.

Come September I go to apply for new car insurance and I received an adverse credit action notice so I go to check my report and see there is a charge off from C.A. as of August 2016. I have several issues with this here. First off I never received any communication from them indicating there might be some money owed, no phone calls, no email, no mail, NOTHING. It just went straight to the credit bureau. Second how do you even close an account if the customer owed any type of money, the answer is you can't.

The most frustrating part is the amount they claim I owe is 21$!!! Here I have spent two years paying thousands of dollars to these people and you don't have to decency to notify my account has been reopened. Instead they just send it off as a charge off, I never had a chance to dispute or pay (if I felt I owed). Anyone could have paid that off easily. The issue here is not the money but the fact that I already had this negative item for almost two months when I found out and now about four months.

Till this day I have no idea what the 21$ (now 21.95$ for some reason I'm not aware why or when) is because in these months I have spoke to dozens of rep and they all say different things. For several months it was said it's a return check fee which is impossible when the payment did in fact come out. Then they called it a late fee and more recently a past due balance, none of which makes sense.

As I mentioned I've spoke to many many reps and supervisors alike in multiple departments and I even filed 2 (now 3) disputes with the credit bureaus to get this resolved and they are essentially taking C.A.'s word. I spoke to 2 reps in particular of C.A. that agreed these items would be deleted, and updated as current and paid off as of July. However, I could not reach them after those conversation and they did not provide me written documentations to support my claims.

The balance was cleared after I spoke to the first representative on November 15th that stated my recent statement and my title was finally mailed. However at some point they reopened it (again without notice) and are now going against what other reps were saying would be deleted and are now showing a balance again. They are of course still refusing to admit their mistakes. This company has caused me so much stress and turmoil because I can't get a better auto rate, take a loan to fix my car, or even get a new one due to what they unjustly put on my report.

I work and go to school and just to do these things cost me so much money now. I worked hard to build my credit from nothing to pretty good for someone with such a short history. Not only has this matter affected me but it has affected my cosigner because they are suffering the repercussions as well. All I want is justice. Corporations like this don't want to admit when they make mistakes and I'm not afraid to call them out on it and let my voice be heard. I only hope people can learn from me and not do business with people that are as sketchy, unprofessional, and lack human decency as they are.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

Credit Acceptance is a great company to work with. I was in a bind. My engine blew up on my old car and I had a 483 credit score and I needed a vehicle. They financed me when literally nobody else would. Everything was disclosed in the contract. They finance high risk customers so yes, the APR will be very high and if you want a nicer vehicle, you will have to pony up some dough. They will get aggressive if you are late and don't respond to them. Contrary to what has been said, they do not want to repo you car anymore than you want it to be repoed.

When they sell it at auction, they most likely won't get enough to pay the remaining balance and then they have to go through the hassle of suing you for the difference. They would much rather you pay the loan off. If you call them, they are quite reasonable and willing to work with you to help you get caught up. You have to be at least 30 days past due before there is talk of repossession. When you buy the vehicle, the dealership can set you up on autopay so you are never late. Also, get the vehicle inspected by an independent mechanic if you have concerns. I successfully paid off my account with Credit Acceptance. I had perfect history with them and my credit score is now in the mid 600's. Financing through them is not ideal but they have helped many desperate people get into a vehicle and restore their credit.

I needed a car and due to circumstances I had to go with whatever lender would offer me a loan, and that was credit acceptance. The interest was astronomically high 24%. I have credit card with lower rates, but I needed a car so I signed the agreement. One year last my car was totaled by a drunk driver, their insurance department took forever to process all of the information/pay out/ gap coverage. I was told I would receive my payment back that I made after the car was totaled once the gap coverage kicked in but I did not. I spoke with 2 separate people who were rude & kept cutting me off while I was trying to explain my issues and all they did was read me the definition of gap insurance. I have document emails from the insurance company as to how this should have been processed. There is no accountability. Save your hard earned money.

Like 80% of the people writing a review for this company. I ended up getting my loan through them not because my credit is bad, but because I already have a car in my name and we needed another car and a lot of the lenders will not do it if you have an existing loan. I get the loan through Credit Acceptance. About 6 months into the loan I was about a week late with my monthly payment and called and explained to them that it would be late and made arrangements with the customer service rep. 2 days later the car was repoed.

Okay, so I pay the required fees less than 24 hours to get it back all except the repo fee that they set me up on a plan until March 2017. This fee was around $300. Well on the 14th of November I called them and stated that I get paid on the following Monday and that I could make the payment then. The rep states that I have to make the payment that day or they will repo the car. So I make the payment through my checking account. This account is only used to pay bills. Well at the same time my monthly back fee comes in and subtracts $5 out of the car payment, I notice that my account is overdrawn due to this and rush to put the extra money back in the back. I was 1 minute late to the back and missed it. The check will now be returned to Credit Acceptance.

So I immediately go to Money Gram and make the payment thinking I'm okay since I submitted the payment. This was on the 15th which was over 2 weeks ago. No phone calls saying, 'You're late', or 'You have violated the contract' nothing. So today I come to work, park in my same are. Well I come out to move the car since it is my late day to work until 8 pm and guess what no car!!! I call Credit Acceptance and ask what is going on. The rep tells me, "Oh you were late paying - your payment - so we repoed the car".

So I explained to him what happened with the check and out of good faith I took the money and made the payment the next day. He said the arrangement is on the 14th of the month and in order to get back the car you have to pay $802.20. I said, "Are you kidding me? So what happened to my payment that I made on the 15th?" He says, "Oh that will be applied to your balance but you need to pay the monthly payment plus repo fees to get back the car." I have never in all my years dealing with finance companies have heard anything like this! This company is a rip-off and who repos the car when you clearly have the payment even if it is 24 hours late.

This is the way the prey on people and make money off of the consumer. This is a HORRIBLE company and I am so sorry I got financed through them. I have had at least 3 cars and have NEVER had this issue with a finance company before! I have read the reviews and this is just a money-making rip-off company and the Better Business Bureau should pull the license. Most companies will give you a grace period to make the payments. The customer service reps are very rude, unprofessional and on more than one occasion when calling in I get different information.

How does the owner of this company sleep at night I do not know. I am a single person and reading the reviews with families involved it is very sad that this is the best way that someone can think to make money. Even if I were desperate for a job I would NEVER work for a company like this. Where are the morals to society?? Again may God help the people who run, scam and rip-off the people who have signed a contract with this company.

I purchased my first car back in February 2014... a 2009 Chev Impala for about 10,000. Because I don't have much credit I had to go through a financing company. I was told was my only option Credit Acceptance. I put down 4,000 and had payments of $250 a month for 3 years bringing it to about $12,000 I would pay. Not bad for the car had 20,000 miles on it... so I thought!

Now I only have 3 months left of this contact. They start hitting me with these LATE FEES AND MISSED PAYMENTS!? I'm confused because I have it directly taken out of my account and then an email from the company comes through letting me know my payment is being processed. I asked how is that because anytime a payment happen not to go through, which was twice to my knowledge, they called and I would get it taken care of... BUT NOW THEY ARE SAYING "oh we don't have to do a courtesy call anymore.." Huh. Okay sooo they are allowed to change policy at anytime without knowledge to the CUSTOMER???

Call customer service... THEY HAVE DIFFERENT STORIES DEPENDING ON WHO YOU ARE TALKING TO.. They are rudeee! And when I ask to speak to a manager, boss or anyone over the company, they claim they isn't anyone to report them to! So further giving them a reason to not care about the treatment of their customers!

I'm sooo angry that I went with them! IT'S TRUE.. They prey on people that need financial help with ** cars to get the most money out of a car you probably have to take to the shop as soon as it's paid off! They are taxing unreasonably without notice.. and then threaten to take your car only to add more interest by making you redo and payment plan... Long story short, trying to make me pay over $400 a month for a car I will be done paying by February 2017... it's **!

When you try to talk to them and make sense of the crap they get angry, cut you off while talking, and then tell you to be polite! But I DON'T WORK THERE... YOU DO!!!! So you all work on your customer service! The runaround they gave me today is unbelievable, to them hanging up in my face BECAUSE I PROVED THEM WRONG!!!

If anyone knows who I can get in contact with to REPORT THEM AND THOSE RUDE EMPLOYEE PLEASEEEE! I told them about all the complaints I just seen and lady NAME DOMINIQUE basically told me "SHE DOESN'T CARE!" I'm about paid off with this car and now they are try get me with extra charges! It isn't fair! Please help!

Credit acceptance Corp preys on those with less than perfect credit. They are somehow finding a way to write off their cars or receive money upfront. My car was repossessed and I paid to get it back. Since then, I've paid on time. This month I was late 5 days (including a holiday thanksgiving 2016) and my car was put on the repossession list and picked up same day today/Friday. I'm not going to go into details, because it's irrelevant as they have the car. I would advise everyone regardless of how desperate you are to finance a car to either wait and purchase from a reputable lender or go another route. I've read their reviews and I'm so disgusted.

What kind of finance company takes pleasure in giving a 10-20,000 loan to easily repossess a car as if it was a rental car. I find them to be pathetic predatory lenders and Karma will work on the behalf of every family they cause pain and suffering to. They told me "oh we don't want to repossess your car," and I think really you'd rather not spend 3.00 on a certified letter and just repo my car with the hope that I'd pay to get it back OR you sell it/auction (and I've purchased less than 1 year). My due date was 20th and it was repossessed 25th.

When I was very sick and in the hospital for months, my husband got a job out of town and needed a new truck. We were in a financial strain and could not afford much. We were able to finance with Credit Acceptance. When the truck needed repairs, (it was the best we could afford) Credit Acceptance worked with us. We always made arrangements with them. Sometimes we even had to call back and make additional arrangements on our arrangements. Finally we paid the truck off.

My husband got another job and shortly thereafter a raise and promotion. We needed another new truck. We were no longer in financial straits and our credit was now good. We picked out a really great truck upgrade, pre-owned and I insisted we use Credit Acceptance again. The dealer told us we could go somewhere else for credit, but I refused. Because, they were good to us when we needed it most, and I believe in repeat business when someone sees a contract through to completion.

I got a 2005 Honda Odyssey from American Eagle Auto (11-20-16) who finances through Credit Acceptance. 12-11-16 brakes going bad. I had them replaced. $50.00 by owner of Car Lot. 3-23-2016 Radiator hose by a friend at work. (Free of charge.) September 2016 replaced Battery. Took it to Wal-Mart, $25.00. October 2016 Alternator replaced by Honda dealer, $719.82. Now it is November 2016 and have to have power steering line and pump replaced along with serpentine belt. With all that being said I have been calling to Credit Acceptance to see if I can be put in another vehicle.

I got to another car dealership they finance through and salesman calls to Credit Acceptance to check my account and he is speaking to someone who says his name is Antonio. I heard the salesman respond to each question that he was asked and his last response to the last question was "** female" I guess because I am a ** female. I need $3000 more down to be financed through them even though I have made all my payments in a timely manner. Even though I was sold a lemon and still making payments to keep my credit up.

In August I bought a car from Redline Motors in West Monroe LouisWest. Even though my credit score was below good credit acceptance gave me a chance. I appreciate the help they gave me but at the beginning of Sept I told them my car had been stolen and they offered little help. My car has a tracking device on which could be activated at any time at the discretion of the company. Even though this car has a GPS installed the company will not track the car for me nor will they shut it down so that I can get it.

They told me that the only time they activate the GPS is when the payments are late. The car will be shut down completely and repo is the next day. They only care about money. On the 27th the note will be 3 months behind and they haven't repo'd the car and I still don't have the car. Then they said when they get it back they're gonna take it to an auction and sell it for whatever they can sell it for and charge me for the rest of the money but I promise I won't be paying this crooked ass company one dime.

On 11-18-16 around 6pm, Credit Acceptance Auto Finance Co supposedly been re-poed my vehicle without notice. I was 35 miles away from home, it was freezing cold in 33 degree weather and left me stranded, I am a 54 yr old female, traveling alone. I know we were one payment behind plus $73 dollars more. But, instead of going after other people that are 3 to 5 payments behind, they all decided to leave a 54 yr old female in the freezing cold weather with nowhere else to go or to turn to for help. Now how would you consider that a good quality customer service. I've had credit with other companies in the past but, nowhere have they left me stranded in a 33 degree freezing weather. They always made the initiative to work with us. Let alone my spouse is already on Medical Leave for a month now and yet they decide to add on more issues?

They will finance a vehicle at 200% the appraised value in order to split a kick back with the dealerships. The vehicle was listed at $7,497.00. However, in the office with the account manager, it magically increased to $10,997. The vehicle was a 2009 Ford E250 Kelley Blue Book $4500, ladder rack, shelving, door locks $3000 value, total van value $7,500.00. With a $3,000.00 down payment should be financing $4,500.00. Yet the dealership says Credit Acceptance added fees, I asked for disclosure of the fees and it was then said that it was Credit Acceptance requiring that the vehicle be listed at list price of $10,997.00 instead of the posted price of $7,997.00.

I wanted to let you all know that so far all has been good with this company! As long as you are honest! Make you payment! Keep them informed, you will be fine! Ignoring them, not following through or not making you payment well you might as well not be surprised why you car has disappeared the next day!

I am feeling for the most part these complaints are just from people that have had a bad experience, or did not follow through with the original promise they had made. Credit acceptance will work with you if you are sincere, and do the right thing. Otherwise they have the right to enforce the contract/promise we and them have made. Hope this helps all!

Max **

Max E. of Meadville, PA on

Original Review

I was reading all the complaints and I just more or less wanted to do a play by play, from our loan origination, to pay off completion. I feel that reading the complaints just seemed so one sided to me. We had purchased our vehicle at Kightlinger Auto sales Inc., a fair 2004 Santa Fe 4wd. Hey Not new but it moves, it gets us from point A to point B. Now we have yet to receive our payment book, but did contact them to see if we could get the payment date changed to the 15th. We were told that this was not possible due to the contract. Ok fair enough! However, the rep did indicate that, if we set up AUTOPAY, we would more or less have a 10-day grace, I am really not one for auto pay, so I feel that the best course of action would be to make sure we have monies available, on or before the 9th. I felt that the rep was honest, sincere, and very helpful.

Some of the reviews that I have read about this company, I have to question. My bottom line to not having my vehicle taken. READ YOUR CONTRACT! MAKE YOUR PAYMENT! CONFIRM THAT PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED! I refuse to send any snail mail payment; I will pay up to but not over 10.00 to have my monies removed off a debit card (prepaid). I will never have any company have access to a checking account with debit card access, that has all of my funds on it. Two reasons 1. Murphy's law. 2. If a company tries to take more monies that they are so-posed to. I have that declined transaction notification sent to me, now I have proof of funny stuff. Yes I have had that happen to me before, some type of mistake or some dunderhead added a 0. Not fun to have no monies or having to wait for held up funds either to pay other bills or put food in my belly.

Basically they are taking a chance on you, and you at least must give the same in return, being up front is the best bet. Be on top of this at all times. After reading my full contract, they have the right to take the vehicle to protect their interest. With that being said, so far I am going to give them 5 stars. They were easy to work with, the contract was plain and simple, the reps we spoke to so far were great.

I was a little taken back to see such bad reviews for Credit Acceptance. I purchased a car in September 2014 from one of their dealers here in NJ. At first I was a little reluctant when I was told over the phone that they had an approval by Credit Acceptance. I'm the type of person that researches everything especially on companies that I will be doing business with but I was so excited that I received an approval for a 2013 car (then just a year old). I have had some credit issues in the past but have worked really hard to change that. So I drove out to the dealer, looked at the car and loved it so I traded in my old paid off vehicle, didn't have to put any money down and drove home with my new car in less than hour. The interest rate was high but my payments were within my budget and I was completely satisfied. I have always made my payments before the due date and never missed a payment in 2 years.

Two weeks ago I received another call from the same dealer asking me if I still the car I purchased from them years earlier, which I did. They asked me to come down and take a look at their new inventory and they may have a better deal for me on a newer vehicle. So I decided to go there and see exactly what they had to offer me. Lo and behold they were able to get me a 2015 Camaro. They promised to pay off the 2013 Fiat I previously purchased from them. I was a little concerned about how the whole pay off thing would work with Credit Acceptance. There were no issues whatsoever.

The point of my story is that as long as you make your payments on time, you will not hear from Credit Acceptance. My experience fortunately was a great one. This time around I was financed through a different company but they based my approval off my Credit Acceptance payment history. Yes the interest rates may be high, but if you stick to your goal and make your payments, you will have a great experience just like I did with Credit Acceptance. We all know what we are getting ourselves into when we sign our names on the dotted lines. Thanks Credit Acceptance for financing me when no one else would.

I traded in a 2001 Jaguar Vader Plus Super Charged (170+MPH) and brought in the 4 collector estimates, each showed a vale of $8500+. The truck I wanted they said they could not get financed, then they bring a truck from somewhere in the back, unwashed, almost bald tires and ran like crap. The odometer read 44,876.9/10. Before I could say anything they put a green sticker on my Jag and it was gone. I told them that an army pension is good but I did not wish to pay any more than 250/350 at most.

When the finance manager got done with the paperwork, my payments were over $589+ and my trade-in was $4000. I said NO but my car was gone; I told them to produce my car and they said it was already gone. They promised to put on new tires, get it cleaned up and tuned up. I took the F150XLT to the Ford dealership and they said that the computers had been switched out and the truck had more like 144,000 to 244,000 Miles on the engine. I am just glad it's off my farm in Michigan even if it did cost me $2500 to ship it back to them in VA. I will never do business with either company again.

1st off I would like to say that I was forced to give this company a 1 star. It's recommended. 2nd, after reading these reviews, it seems like all of the 5 star ratings on here look coerced as if someone INSIDE of the company wrote the review to keep their star rating up. All the 5 stars are anonymous writers??? Seems fishy...

Now my review... My problem with this company is that they are REAL SHADY when it comes to situations where they don't get their money on time... I had my car set up on auto payments from DAY 1. A few months later, for some odd reason my account was frozen the day they tried taking the payment out of my account... I never noticed the freeze bcuz none of my cards were ever declined the day it was frozen. I called my bank and all and it seemed to have been an error or something.

The issue here is that when they didn't receive a payment, you would think they'd call you to see why you missed a payment. Nope, nothing. I learned of the mishap a month later when the vehicle was repossessed without notice. I call credit acceptance to find out what is going on and that is when I find all of this out... My thing is, why did nobody call and leave a message or something about the missed payment and to call back and fix the problem? Their answer was that their policy requires them to NOT leave voicemails.

The issue now is that I bought a new car and am basically giving the other car which is financed through them BACK. So now again they wanna get nasty over the phone being that I refuse to continue paying them bcuz of their shady practices. The rep basically told me that they were gonna write off my car as an abandonment Vs a voluntary repo being that I'd rather them get it from the lot where I left it VS coming to my house to get it. It is not an abandonment if I'm literally telling you I'm surrendering my vehicle.

THAT RIGHT THERE IS THE SHADINESS... Never in my life has a company I dealt with NOT call to let me know if a payment was late or the card was declined or wrong to rectify the situation... It seems as if this company finds any and every way to screw over everyone in order to collect as much money as possible. How can you be a credit rebuilding company if all you do is destroy people's credit in the process? There is no type of LEEWAY for anything at all. The day you don't pay, be looking for your vehicle to be repossessed...

I don't even wanna continue with this review because I can go on and on about all the shadiness in this company. Also be aware that customer service is rude as well and will hang up on you mid convo once they hear that you can't make a payment on time or something. As long as I've had credit, I've never in my life dealt with a company so deceiving and nasty... And I really don't know how this company isn't under investigation for a lot of their shady practices.

Due to illness, had to travel to another country for health care. Forgot a payment. As all other payments went through, I still did not realize until car was taken. I paid the one months payment and towing fees, before the agreement date only to hear that the car is under a work order as if they are preparing for auction. My property has been cleared out of the car. Of course I am fuming, but I am going to see what transpires. There was a lady, "Wife of Marietta" on this site that may be pursuing a class action lawsuit. I have legal experience in the States and in London. I work very hard, as I know many US citizens do and I cannot stand injustice.

I have read quite a few of the other complaints and it is a possibility that this company is affiliated with car sales companies that sell lemons. Low income families or people with not so great credit seem to be the target. Companies like this prey on people's dreams and hopes. People get into financial strife; unexpected illness is one of them. I hope to network with others that have felt that they have been unreasonably or unfairly treated. Unreasonably and unfairly being the operative words here. You know, one thing that I loved when reading "Wife of Marietta's" post, when she said that we have to fight together. When big businesses get away with wickedness they usually continue because no one stands up to them. Their greed motivates them, but our passion to help one another should motivate us to help others. Even if it is to make people aware.

I have never had a loan with this company. They tried to garnish my wages because my name was the same as their client who didn't pay his loan. They managed to get a garnishment and sent it to my employer. Luckily my employer is also my friend and the ssn and address don't match and he will take care of notifying Credit Acceptance Corp that they have the wrong person.

Purchased a used 2001 Chevy Tahoe from this company back in 2009 in MN. The vehicle needed a new Transmission 4 months after purchasing. Company was notified regarding us having to replace transmission so soon. We moved out of state with the vehicle and was making monthly payments and they Repo vehicle stating we breach contract by moving out of state, "What". Tried contacting them to retrieve my truck back and they wanted to charge a fee for Out of state, really...

Long story, short. I didn't pay for the fee and didn't want to pay for a lawyer. They sold vehicle in a private sale and did not notify me on any of that procedure, turned around and sued me for the remaining deficiency balance of $2146. They went and filed a faulty judgement against me and trying to garnish my wages for the remaining balance. They have yet to provide me with documentation of the sale or to the courts. This does nothing but LIE. Something has to be done about this and they need to be stopped. Here is how to do that and I will be filing as well. WE THE PUBLIC HAVE TO HELP OTHERS. STAND TOGETHER AND FIGHT AS A TEAM TO BRING THEM DOWN.

Hi everyone. Well 2 weeks ago Credit Acceptance repoed my van due to a non payment which was mine and my husband's fault. We were late 2 months. Whoops our mistake because we had moved and did not call them. So I received a paper in the mail and said I still have time to get it out of repo so I just got my money and paid what I had to pay. And now today on Nov 1 2016 Credit Acceptance Corp has been working around the clock to contact the auction place where my van is at to get it set up for me to pick up. So all these bad reviews on here about how the Credit Acceptance has sold a car to you - they don't sell the cars to you. They give you a loan and you pay them back. That's all you do so please think about that before judgment. And 2 the only way they take the cars is if you did what I did, did not pay in 2 months or a month. They have a right to repo it so think before posting bad about a company that has nothing to do with the sale of the car but payment only.

And if you have a problem with someone you talk to about a payment then ask to speak to a supervisor. And the only way to get things taken care of instead of smart mouth is to talk with calmness without fighting with them. That's what gets you in trouble and that's how you have a car taken away because they think you don't want to pay. Please read up on troubles with paying a car loan and it will guide you through steps to steps on how to talk to a rep without arguments and fights to take care of matters.

Please everyone they're not so bad. They want you to have you car back. They hate taking the cars so do what you can to keep payments on time and if you have problems contact them and tell them. That's what me and my husband did. Thanks for reading and please understand again they're not there to be bad guys. They're there to help but you have to help yourself in order to get stuff taken care of. Also if you can't make any more payments let them know that you like to repo your car and they will be very happy to assist you in the process. GOD BLESS TO ALL AND HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

So far, almost every single complaint I've seen on here is idiotic. If you buy a car from a crap lot and it breaks down, you can't blame the company that financed your loan. You blame the CAR LOT! Common sense!! Also, if you can't make your payments, for WHATEVER reason, your car will be repossessed. Do y'all have any idea how many people will call and whine that they're in a hardship due to reasons they can't control just to try and skip a few payments? Come on, people! When you enter an agreement to pay a loan, PAY IT!! I get that everyone does actually have issues in life; job loss, death in the family, whatever, but that doesn't mean you can blame Credit Acceptance Corp for not cutting you some slack. If that were the case, we'd all have a death like every month to avoid payments.

Y'all are pathetic and want handouts. I've had NO issues with credit acceptance yet, and don't plan to because I MAKE MY PAYMENTS!! And if something DOES happen and I can't make a payment, that's MY problem, not theirs. I have a mortgage payment, a truck payment, and a car payment. I've had some moments when I've been down & I manage. But I also make my payments. And if I don't, that's MY fault. These bad reviews really piss me off!! Y'all have no common sense AT ALL.

American Credit Acceptance is a bank that preys on people that have less than perfect credit. They use a product that is called a "Simple Loan." The definition of a simple interest loan is a loan that calculates interest only on the principal (the amount borrowed) and not on the interest owed. An example of simple interest loan is a mortgage with a 5% interest rate that is divided into 365, which is .0137% daily. Not only do they use ridiculous rates as high as 20-25% depending on your credit, they increase on a daily basis which means that you will never pay off the original amount you signed for. Furthermore, if you miss a payment by a day, it also increases.

You can only change your pay date once in the term of the loan, so there are no changes after that if you have a problem. They use an outside collection company for web payments charging $7.45 per payments. The website does not use any SSL certificates which means that your information is sent through the internet in clear text which can be easily hacked. In short, your principal (what you owe on your vehicle) will never go down more than 20% of what you are paying and the rest is pure interest. Stay away from this and any bank offering this type of loan, no matter how bad you need your car. I hope this helps someone considering using this bank or a similar financial institution.

Started by buying a crappy vehicle that was sent in at way more than was Agreed upon. For six months I've been trying to get a written payoff for the loan but get the same answer every time. "Are you gonna pay it off in ten days? What's your address? Blah blah." But never receive it. On top of that, my payments are sent on time but processed late which is killing my credit. I get repeated automated calls but never results. I agree with the other consumers. Weigh your options with other creditors before using them. I feel like there ARE scammers working with dealerships. Terrible customer service.

I had to have a full size vehicle to accommodate my family. I traded in my car (that was paid for) from a lot in Alexandria, Ala. They quickly accepted my trade-in and I drove away in the Chevy Equinox and which was financed from Credit Acceptance (big mistake). The car tore up with me on the 1st week, it was running hot, and the car lot did fix the problem at the time, which a few more weeks had passed with the same re-occurring problem. They did not offer to fix the problem and the air conditioner plus heater (blowers) quit working on top of the other problems. Credit Acceptance would let me change vehicles.

My husband lost his job and we lost the ability to make the high payment. They accepted lower payments, but went back on their word and wanted the car back expecting the higher payment which we could not afford. The car was junk and I had to shut it off every time the temp rose. My husband got in a heated argument and they pick up the car. They picked it up alright, even with me contacting a attorney I have used in the past. He advised me they would sell it and come at me for the remaining balance that was owed. The car was priced at 11,000.00 and the book value was low, I owed about 7,000 on it. And they hired a agency to collect the remaining balance of 4000.00, they only got a little over 3000 at the sell.

I tried to work with this company they hired, but it was very hard, paying on a vehicle you no longer have and on limited income. I offered a settlement at tax time of 1800.00. They would not accept it. I only owed 2400.00, and now I have been unable to pay the monthly payments for some time. So now they have hired a company Verifax to investigate where I work. Now the attorneys for Credit Acceptance are coming at me now, and I got their direct number to work with them and now they wont call me back. I am warning consumer, please, please do not get a car loan with them. The car lots they deal with, you have to be aware of what you are buying. I am calling the attorney today and maybe they can get in touch with them, before they sue me. Thanks.

My son needed a car because he moved from California back to Hawaii and he started a new job the following week. Went to a reputable car lot, this Subaru was the only one he could afford. I put the car under me and he would be making payments. Long story short, he couldn't make the payments, car got repossessed. This company called me every day asking me if I wanted to pay off the balance of $600 to get the car out of repo back to him. I was like, "the car had to be fixed at least 4 times, major repairs, and why would I want it anymore, keep it." Called 3 more times after that asking the same thing.

Finally called this last time to tell me that I have an outstanding bill for $9000. The car is only worth $2100 at the most. Really? Is this how you rip off your American brothers and sister? Just stick a bill to them, high interests, for a ** car, poor customer service, just because they promise you they can put you in a car? There are reasons why people have to use a service like this, cause they can't get a loan, yet you skyjack prices and expect them to afford it. Credit Acceptance must have a ton of used vehicles they reselling for **.

I bought the worst car from a horrible auto dealer, Affordable Auto in Stuart, Fl. 4 days after driving off the lot I had multiple problems with the car. I called credit acceptance for help, was told my account was being escalated to corp legal department. That was on 9/29/16. As of 10/21/16 I still have not heard from Angela who's is supposed to be handling my account. I did talk to an assistant who informed me 11 days to do a 1 hour job was acceptable! The issues still have not been resolved. When I call I'm on hold 20-27 minutes and they hang up! But they sure took the money out of my account.

Where should I start? I got approved for a 05 Jeep earlier this year by Credit Acceptance. I was so excited. I looked over my paperwork and my total price was 9k, a little too much for a 05 but I needed a truck for my family. At that time I was on unemployment and I was making pretty good money. My unemployment ended and I called Credit Acceptance to see if I could get some assistance with lowering my payments for a month or two until I started working. They told me no. I missed 1 payment and they picked my truck up. I had to pay 571 to get my truck back but they then added an additional 85$ to my payment every month. I agreed b/c I just started working.

2 weeks ago they called me on a Sunday morning about my payment. I wasn't able to make the entire payment but I made what they call a good faith payment. The guy asked when I could make the rest and I told him in 2 weeks. He told me that was fine, asked if I wanted it drafted out my account. I told him no I would call in the payment and he said ok. I woke up this morning and my truck is gone!!! Why is it gone when I made arrangements with you??? Along with all that, I will end up paying 15k for a truck that worth 6! I'm done! They can have that truck. They will never get another dime from me!

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Profile