2. Finance
  3. Loan Companies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.15/5

Finding a loan shouldn’t be difficult.

Search and compare personalized loan offers on Fiona

Get started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Finding a loan shouldn’t be difficult.

Search and compare personalized loan offers on Fiona

Get started

Credit Acceptance Corp Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I have horrible credit and was desperate to get out of a bottomless money pit diesel truck I had. Credit acceptance approved me for the truck I wanted. I knew it would be expensive due to my situation. Large down payment and high interest. It is what it is. I'm grateful that they approved me and made my experience pretty seamless and easy. They kept my monthly payments where I am very comfortable and am several months ahead. I have nothing bad to say and glad they were there when I needed help.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

In October 2019 I fell behind on my payments for the first time in two and a half years. I called Credit Acceptance to notify them that I wasn't working, therefore I needed to make payment arrangements. They assisted me in setting up payment arrangements; my whole monthly payment plus $45 extra for what I was behind. Credit Acceptance received their monthly payments faithfully through autopay and still reported to the credit bureaus month after month that I was behind.

I finally paid my vehicle off in July 2020 and they are still reporting delinquent payments to the credit bureaus. My score dropped 16 points since they last reported on August 14th. I called them to let them know I paid the vehicle off, I was told by customer service to dispute it through the credit bureaus cause there's nothing they can do on their part unless it's disputed. I just don't understand this company! This company is great as long as you don't lose your job or our world don't experience a pandemic, cause if life happens you may be screwed as well as your credit!!!

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

This company is the devil himself. I had an account with them for a car loan. When I had an accident, my insurance was investigating on the case for months and they finally paid off the account. It’s been 6 years. I still have a negative derogatory from this company on my 3 credit bureaus. I wish they use the same energy they use to destroy people's life in something positive like working with the customers to find a friendly solution. Every year I send them a letter with all proofs showing that it was my insurance fault if the payment was late. It’s not like the account was closed with remaining balance, the insurance paid off the whole account, just it took few months because of the investigation. 6 years guys! I never hated anything in my life like this company. I called them at least 50 times and they still don’t wanna help me. I worked hard to get an excellent credit score and this is only negative item on my 3 scores. I hate them with all my soul.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Never had a problem with them before this pandemic. I was late due to losing my job. I spoke with one rep very helpful. Today this rep very disrespectful. I ask to speak to his supervisor. He put on a coworker. Playing games with people during these times isn’t cool. I’m still trying to speak to a supervisor.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I have been paying 50$ above my payment for two years, THEY HAVE MARKED MY ACCOUNT PAYMENTS LATE FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS AND HAVE RUINED MY CREDIT. My initial loan amount was 15,900. After paying 500.00 per month, I still owe 16400.00 on this vehicle. DO NOT USE CREDIT ACCEPTANCE FOR A LOAN. YOU'LL BE SORRY.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Credit Acceptance should be sued in a class action lawsuit for their predatory and fraudulent way of doing business. This company preys and exploits those with credit issues and makes their contracts very, very suspect at best. I had 3 payments left on car and I paid all my payments, including the late fees as outlined in payment book only to find out at payoff that I literally had added mysterious finance charges added to account - charges I was never informed about, never made aware of. They are very deceitful and should be investigated by the FTC for very questionable lending practices.

Original review: July 12, 2020

I was in an accident in Feb 5, 2020, they got insurance and gap insurance in May 2020, they tell me they update every 15th of the month. They lie. Have me down as 90 days late. Do not use the people. I have to now sue them for trying to damage my credit. Please try other ways. Do not use them.

Original review: July 4, 2020

So this started off smoothly, I set up their auto pay, paid off my previous past full month plus interest and fees. Now they have stopped debiting my account again.... and are claiming I am past due. Their practices are sketchy and borderline illegal. I check my account and the Debit card is still valid and the money is in my account yet this company will not take it. Now they have the balls to claim I am past due when they would not actually take my money.

Original review: June 16, 2020

In short I purchased a car from a local dealer November 2019. After being turned down multiple times I thought maybe this was my only option. It was financed through Credit Acceptance with an considerable amount of interest tacked on, but hey I needed the car so I went with it. From December up until April I made every payment on time. Fortunately the car was totaled in April of 2020. Gap insurance paid everything except $932.00 remaining on the car. My last full car payment was made in May. A few days afterwards I was offered a proposition to settle my loan for $609 which I agreed to settle on May 15, 2020. A month went by without receiving my pay off letter as promised, so I called credit acceptance back to see what the hold up was.

I was told that my account hasn't been closed properly and that they'd take care of it that day, which they did. Three days after closing my account (satisfactory) my credit score was dropped 102 points by a fictitious late payment that no one can seem to explain. The only option I was given was to file a dispute. After reading several reviews this is starting to seem a bit strange that so many are being hit with these phantom charges.

Original review: June 13, 2020

This is twice this company have Fraudulently reported to the credit report of me being late and making my credit score drop down. When I am not late and have auto payment set up and was told I would not have any reports made to the credit company. If I set up auto pay. I just spoke with the company in May about them reporting to the credit report company and made my credit score drop a 126 points down. They replaced it. And now after I just paid my bill they have reported again that I am late when I made my payment two week earlier than I was supposed to have paid it. This is wrong and I am being made to pay for their mistakes on My credit score.

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Information