Credit Acceptance Corp

Compare Loan Companies

Research top Loan Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My truck was taken into the dealership where it was purchased to get repairs done to the engine. The dealer knew me well because the car had an extended warranty and had been brought back about 4 times since the purchase within 6 months. The Service Manager at the dealership said he was so sorry that I was having so much trouble and would make sure he could get me a good deal on the purchase of a rebuilt engine. Unfortunately, my Warranty did not want to cover this expense due to what they called neglect by not stopping the vehicle and parking it to be towed when the original problem was noticed. Unfortunately, the car started having engine problems on the road late night going out of town. It was a rural area and there was no cell phone reception.

To make a long story short, the Service Manager who made all these verbal promises ends up getting fired and never contacts me. I drive by the dealership about a month later and see that my car is no longer on the property where it was parked waiting for repair. I come to find out that the car was removed and reported by the Dealership to CA as abandoned. I have NEVER in two years made a late payment. I had to get my truck out of the impound and have it towed to another repair shop. I called CA and asked them why they came in got the vehicle. They claimed that the dealership called them and said that the vehicle was abandoned. I asked if they even questioned the person calling if they had tried to contact me and the answer was that is not their responsibility. All it would have taken was a simple question or phone call to me and this would have never happened.

Credit Acceptance was irresponsible in how they handled this matter, and the people at the dealership were twice as irresponsible. These companies are in business to make money and they CAN and WILL do that regardless. It just is not fair that they also make money by Capitalizing on the misfortune of others. I filed a complaint for this to be removed from my credit report but they refused. Why not? What will it hurt? Well I guess they feel I will be obligated to have to go through them again to get another HIGH ** interest rate in the future if they keep my Credit Messed up.

I would like to leave my frustration here with this company, in January I started an auto loan with them, unfortunately in March I was involved in an accident where my car was declared as total lost, unfortunately I did not have GAP insurance, so I lacked more or less 700 dollars to finish paying my loan, on which I paid Tuesday 06/06/17, I was informed that I would need a lien release or full payment letter to buy a new car, in which I was also informed by CAC that it may take up to 15 days to receive these documents, so I started calling them and informing them that I would not have this time to wait, and that I would need an urgent document just to inform that my account was paid, something simple, and they are giving me false information since Tuesday the first day that I requested this document.

Today was the worst experience possible, in which I had the displeasure to talk to Nathan a man who speaks of being a manager, more than in fact and a totally unprepared person in relation to customer skills. Anyway, I'm starting to accept that they did not do anything for me, just like they did not do all those people who here also left their dissatisfaction with the company. I do not recommend anyone thinking of opening a loan with them, it really was the worst experience I've ever had in my life.

My very first payment with this company was messed up. Salesman set up auto draft from my bank account. The payment was not taken day it should have and when they did finally try I was short. The rep called me. I told them I live on fixed income. Could payment be rolled to end of contract? No. I was told I had to pay with card... I refused. I asked for supervisor. I was told they didn't have one... asked for phone number to office refused to give me one. I asked for mailing address to mail money order. Was told couldn't give it to me (I guess they don't get a commission unless they collect payment). Well I said when they called again maybe someone could help me.

Every month after that my payments came out. No problems. 3 months they called me wanting 1st payment. I finally got address and mailed money order that came back as undeliverable. 11 months I have made payments. They repo'd my car. Want 250 extra for repo charge. The truck drag my truck down street with tires dragging so who knows what damage has been caused and Allstar Recovery is located at local auction lot 2 towns over. Gosh big surprise there. I wanna know who is going to cover whatever damage driver did. I read review. Said they were made to sign release before they saw car (that was damaged). Car isn't worth half what I'm paying and I can't trade. Help. Anybody have any luck with these people??

I had an emergency situation last month and could not make the payment. I called them to ask for an extension on the payment. Their answer is they don't do that so I explained that I could not make my payment but would catch up with a payment on June 9th and then my regular payment on June 20th. They started calling me on June 7th... A total of 9 calls with 2 voice mails left. When I got off work, I called them back and AGAIN told the rep I would make the missed payment on the 9th. It is now 10:23 am on the 9th and they are calling again. THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. DO NOT borrow from them no matter how much you want or need a vehicle. There are other subprime lenders out there who are willing to work with you.

It was obvious I was being ripoffed from the start, but I was in a bind and really needed a car. The car lot was in on it as well, as a matter of fact I believe that they just pocketed my down payment. I bought a severely overpriced SUV and have made on time payments for 4 years. The transmission is going out in it and I am looking for something else. I can live with the fact that they ripped me off cause I knew it from the start... what I can't live with is after 4 years of making on-time payments... it has been no help to my credit.

After talking to a REAL, reputable dealer, whom I explained my situation & is actually trying to help me, I was schooled on the disgusting practices of Credit Acceptance and their shady ** dealers. They will NOT report to credit bureaus if you make your payments on time cause they want you to be forced to come back to them. Until the bitterness goes away... Credit Acceptance is gonna be #1 on my ** list. My last payment is due in just a couple months & even though I've paid online all this time. I think I'm gonna mail a check in for that LAST payment... a check that's been soaked in rabid cat piss then dried, paid to the order of Credit Obliterators in the amount of the last dime you ** get from me!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

OK. This company is so inept. On April the 15th of this year we paid off our car early I might add with 0 late payments. Now it's June 2nd and we have yet to receive title. Every time we call, different story. "It's in the mail" they say. Now they say we have to go to our local tag office, that they will have it... It took a month just for them to send the papers saying the loan was paid... We never will use these nut cases again!!

I purchased a 2012 Mitsubishi with the purchase price of $16000 and a trade in of $7000. I have been paying $500 per month for 3 years. That is a total of $18000. I still have 2 more years to pay. The car is nowhere near what is owed so I can't trade it for a new one. I have asked about having my ex husband wants to take over the payments but they do not refinance. This company is supposed to help people with less than perfect credit. Instead they stick you with a loan that is outrageous and the car will never be worth what is owed. RUN!!!

If I could give 0 stars I would. I just called to get a payoff quote. I financed 7300.00 and have made 4560.00 in payments. They told me my balance is 6900.00? That the finance charge was over 4000.00. I was told the finance charge was 23.99% which would make the finance amount 1751.00? The person on the phone said they could not tell me why it is calculated automatically. I understand my credit is less than perfect but almost 50% interest? Stay away from this company if you have any choice.

Stay away from this company. I was late with one payment, woke up to an empty parking spot, paid extra to recover my car that was promptly set for auction, and now my credit score 420! It's been months since my car was repossessed. I've paid on time & sometimes early since. Checked credit score two days ago & my once 720 credit score is now a whopping 420! The only item on my credit is this ** car. This company is evil & their customer service sucks.

I have never been treated so rudely. I called on the 8. Told them I bought a Jeep from Jeep Liberty. Called them. Told them the Cavalier was making a noise. I knew this 'cause my mechanic looked at it. He said the car was unsafe. This lady informed me that there no grace period at all. First of all why can't I have a safe car to drive. Why should I drive a car, get in an accident, kill myself and maybe a family. This car was released with a built missing from the Cavalier. It looked like it was grinding against the rotor. I'm so hurt. First car I have ever bought in my life.

I don't understand the negative reviews on here! My husband and I purchased a car from a dealer in 2014 and this loan company gave us a chance when others did not! We were young and didn't have very established credit. Just a credit card that we were late on payment with. Since that day when we drove home in our 2007 Chevy Equinox with 90k miles on it we have not had any issues and never missed a payment! We have it set up as auto payment through our bank and check every other Friday to make sure it goes out! We had one fail to go out for unknown reason and they called to see what happen because we never miss a payment! Turned out they tried to pull the money before his check hit and the bank stopped it, we told them run it again and boom right through and not problems since! This was a short loans and will be paid off soon and hope to finance a new car through them!

You cannot blame the company for repo your car if you're behind on payments and also it's sad it's not their problem your car broke down or your check was short. You promised to pay you need to pay, cars break down and you have to fix them. It's part of life. Unfortunately it does mean you don't need to pay them! We put brakes, new windshield, windshield wipers, tires and a new trans in our car and still never missed a payment or expected them to let us miss one because of it! A car is responsibility.

This is the worst company to have any dealings. They are rude, and uncooperative. They repo'd our truck when the payment was two days late, charged a huge fee, and what they quoted us to get caught up changed after I sent them a huge payment. When we got the truck back the repo company messed with the GPS tracker device and the truck hasn't run since. We tried to tell Credit Acceptance and they told us to call the repo company. The repo company said they didn't touch anything. So, once again I called Credit Acceptance and told them they'll get a payment when someone fixes the truck. So, of course they put it back out for repo. At this point they can have the damn thing because nobody wants to or knows how get it running. Maybe they can pick it up in the damn river.

Called Credit Acceptance for pay off on car loan. They stated I was in collections. Can't be, have never missed a payment in 4 years. Rep said in 2014. I went online and canceled NY auto payment and reinstated next month. No computer here, that would be impossible. Then rep said I called. No way. Asked for their transcript. Rep refuse to send. I asked, "OK if I did that why almost $1000 more." Finance charges, late fees. What? I was never notified. Nothing. This company is a scam. I never called, never did anything online. Shut this company down!!! They make up charges to pull from your pocket.

The folks will be happy to give you a high interest car loan through many of the worthless used car lots they work with. We've been paying on a car through them since April 2016 and the vehicle ran for less than 90 days, then broke down completely due to the "repair" to the a/c that we required in writing before purchasing at Alabama Auto Mall in Center Point, Alabama. Credit Acceptance Corporation would only say sorry to hear about your problem with our crap dealer, when will we be sending more money. Credit Acceptance Corporation is a predatory car finance company with only their own best interests in mind.

I had called CA in advance to make a payment later than the scheduled date of the month. The representative was very nice about it. Unfortunately the day that I'd pay got mixed up. I said next Friday. She noted it would be two days later. So four days later they called me saying "where's your payment?" I said "next Friday." She gave me an attitude. I even offered paying a late fee. She demanded money that day and said there is no Grace period. That's fine but why be nice about it in the beginning then call me four days later demanding money. This has happened a couple times. Yes I should pay on time but there are times when we all get behind. Besides the car financed is parked in my driveway needing a catalytic converter and an alternator. The cars they finance are junk to begin with.

I purchased a 2008 Honda CRV. I will never go thru Credit Acceptance ever again. They are very, very rude. I only get paid twice a month and I make my car payment with my 2nd check that I get each month. They are very nosy. I was told when I purchased my car that they allow you so many days for you to get their payment to them but after 2 days they are blowing your phone up trying to get a hold of you for the payment. Then they start in at you saying, "Why is your payment late" and "Can you borrow the money from someone." And I proceeded telling them that I don't have anyone that I can borrow from. They need to stop being so rude because my payments are not that late and I will be sending my payments whenever my money goes on my card each month.

I've recently been advised that Credit Acceptance does not disclose its fees, nor does the dealership that is selling you their lending services. Allegedly, if the dealership could sell you a vehicle for 10,000 for example, your sales price could go up to $14,500.00, PLUS you'll pay an extremely high interest rate. (I am still trying to find out the exact fees they charge.) The APR on your contract, or at least on the contract I reviewed does not reflect the fees you are paying for. Truth In Lending does not seem to apply to them.

The salesman probably just told you as he did me and my fiance that the dealership does not set the price, that only Credit Acceptance sets the sales price. Those are the exact words from the salesman (Grover) at Green Ford in Gainesville, GA. RED FLAG I.e. He may as well with that statement told me that if he wanted to sell my fiance the car for $3.00, he couldn't because Credit Acceptance required him to sell it for $13,000.00.

Getting into this type of contract and business transaction with FULL DISCLOSURE is one thing, as at least you would know what you are getting into and you'll be able to decide if you are that desperate and willing to be taken advantage of. However, if you are like my friend, NOWHERE is there any disclosure regarding all the fees this lender is charging. BEWARE, and my recommendation is RUN from this company. But if it's too late and you are under contract; if you feel that you been taken advantage of or if you did not receive full disclosure regarding their lending practices, send an email to ** as it is my full intentions of investigating completely to see about filing a law suit, single and with enough consumers, a class action law suit against this company. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BUYING, AND THAT INCLUDES THE FEES YOU ARE CHARGED. File a complaint before it's too late.

I've had my SUV for 3 years. In this time, I have had to have over $5000 worth of work done on it, and it still isn't completely fixed. The SUV isn't even worth it, at this point. I have lights pop up all the time. My loan is technically up Feb 2018, but I'm hoping to pay it off by the end of this summer, so I can trade it in for something more dependable. While their Warranty did help cover a lot of expenses, I have had to pay way more than the $100 they claim is the deductible. There is always something they say isn't covered and I'm out more money. My mechanic has been beyond frustrated with them. He even told us that he overcharged them on things he knew they'd cover, just so my out of pocket cost wouldn't be so much. I don't have issues with them calling me all the time or them trying to repo my car, like others have been saying, so I've been lucky on that.

But, I called the automated line to get a payoff quote and they claim that I have a Vehicle Service Contract on my account and if I cancel, I can get a rebate back. What is this and why is it attached to my loan? The original Warranty I had expired one year ago. I am not happy that with just a few months left in my loan, I am finding out that I am probably paying for something that I have no idea about and do not want. And if I can, in fact, get money back for cancelling, how would one go about getting that? At the time, I had no other choice but to use CAC to get a car loan, but if you do have a choice... Don't do it!

I didn't know I was late and I changed banks. Old bank covered overdrafts but this bank wasn't covering them. I set up auto for 2x month. Evidently, I missed one half payment months ago and it slipped by without me being aware it happened. So it happens again. 5 days later I wake up without a car. They don't offer any way to access your account to even see if you miss a payment. Since I'm in signer for autopay, they said they don't sent notice. I never knew it was coming. No grace period. I had no late payment prior to this. I have trying to raise my credit score, but this didn't help. Such a stupid way to do business. Thing been in an accident and has damage. Radiator has a hole we kept plugging. Now the transmission is starting to go. Our loan us 5k more than car is worth. Should just let them keep it and lose money like they deserve.

This was the worst experience ever. They would repossess my car every time I was 2 days late so I had to keep paying repo fees then the transmission went out in the car and they refused to help and now my credit is destroyed because of this company.

Every time you talk with someone there the info is difference. I will be contacting attorney general office etc. Someone needs to look into this company!!! I spoke with a person on the phone from this company, explained my issues and was told that they would help but I needed to pay 200. by Friday. Well, the Monday was paid and they turn off the car and said it was going to be repo. At first I thought it was a need for retraining but after reading other reviews I believe it their plan for extra money. It's so very sad and scary that know is looking into their business practice

I purchased my first car in Nov 2016. However, I was in the market for an Acura TL preferably '07-'08, but ended up with an '07 Camry and I don't know how that happened. My excitement of getting my first car at a buy-here-pay-here dealer took over me and I gave my down payment of $1,290.00 to the dealer and then he went to the back to speak with the manager, he came back out and said "Yayyy great! We got you in a Camry!" I looked at him like, WTF? "Sir, you knew I was here for the Acura, priced same as the Camry, so how did I end up in the Camry?" His response was, "Oh, the BANK put you in the Camry and you already signed the contract..."

So I proceed to look at the Camry, it was outdated and not worth $8,999. Mileage was higher than the Acura, had multiple scratches, radio did not work at all, both 12v power outlets did not work, the muffler bosal had to be replaced, air filters had to be replaced! The dealer was aware that I was upset and felt played, but he proceeded to tell me how great it is to have my first car and how it will fix my credit, easy payments, blah blah blah... At this point, I'm locked in and I can't convince this man that I don't want the Camry and I really want the Acura and that's what I called about and PAID FOR and gave me some ** warranty! But WAIT, I'VE BEEN PAYING REPAIRS OUT OF POCKET!

As far as doing business with Credit Acceptance, I've had no problems making the payments on time at all. I pay monthly on the day the note is due. My only issues are, I communicated to customer care that my car buying experience was horrible and that the dealer lied on them as if they were the people that "put me in the Camry" and that the car had many repairs that had to be done and it's not the car I wanted... Their answer to me, "You'll have to deal with the dealer, we have no control and don't know what happens at the time of buying the car." 30 days later, the same Credit Acceptance rep calls me and asks "Did the dealer ever resolve the issue and repairs?" I told him I took care of it all out of pocket and I will not be dealing with the dealer in the future, then I ended the call.

At the end of it all, it sucks that I have this HIGH interest rate and I'm paying WAY MORE than what the car is worth according to the Kelley Blue Book. The dealership lied to me and lied on the lender and the lender didn't do anything about it! I just want to be paying for a car that is worth the amount of my monthly payments of $360.00! I'm paying an arm and a leg for an older (but very reliable) car and it is not worth the cost. HELP ME, CREDIT ACCEPTANCE! I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL CUSTOMER. Somewhat satisfied but the experience could be better.

I have never been treated more rudely!! Worst Customer service I have ever experienced! I never got more than a month behind on my payment. Yet, when I would get behind due to having to pay for car repairs they had no understanding! They were very rude and even went as far as to ask me why I couldn't borrow the money from someone to take my payment. I was not even a full payment behind and they repossessed my car, causing me to have to pay an extra $400 that I did not have just to get it back. They charged me 15,000 for a car that was worth 8,000. I kid you not I have never wanted to put someone out of business so bad!! If you are considering using credit acceptance just look at all these reviews. If you find a good one it's probably damage control and fake. DO NOT USE CREDIT ACCEPTANCE!!!

I had filed Chapter 13 against this company over 18 months ago. Today almost 19 months later they posted to my credit report that I filed a new Bankruptcy. I will contact attorney over this one. They are being paid what I owe them.

I am financing a car through this company for the last few months. Be careful when financing a car through them as they will sell you some additional garbage coverage the you don't need for Thousands of Dollars financed at a high rate too. So, the best thing to do once you leave the dealer, look at your contract and send Credit Acceptance instantly certified mail with return receipts letters asking them to cancel any of the additional garbage that was added to the contract that you won't need. Don't call them, you need to send them certified mail.

I mailed my payment on time two months ago but the check was never cashed and when I called they claimed that they have never received the payment so I went online and made a quick payment to avoid having 30 days late on my account and two days later, they cashed that check that they did not receive?? The truth is that this company is more like a Federally Licensed Loan Shark, so it is what it is for now until I can get a bank loan. But forget anything about customer service and they will call you 50 times a day on your payment due date if the payment is not there by then... they call forever. I called them and I have written them requesting a print of my payments history and current balance but forget it. They will never send anything at all. They simply don't care. This is the truth.

I've had my vehicle for over a year now and I have recurring payments coming directly out of my acct. So in January 2017 I received a phone call from them and was told I have a late fee of $50... I asked how was that possible and she said because I had a late payment and it has a fee and can I pay it today and I said "No, I cannot..." And she said "Okay, it'll go to collections," if I don't pay it. Ok so on April 01, 2017 I received another call and was told I owe $388 and some cents, can I pay it today.

I said first of all, "Why do I owe that?" And I was told, "Oh you missed a payment in November 2016 (breathe)..." I said, "How do I owe a payment from November when it comes out my acct..." "Well when you called to switch your original date to another date, the November payment was never paid." So let me get this right... I've made my payment every month with no problems and I didn't make Nov payment but I made Dec, Jan, Feb and March payment and scheduled to make April payment also and nobody bothered to call me until 5 months later...

I am not the person who missed payments or anything like that since I had the vehicle and that make sense to you guys (that I would miss a payment and continue on with the other scheduled payments). Now I have all these fees and has to make payments every 2 weeks for total of 7 payments is what I was offered... and oh wait for this one... skip a payment then add it to the end of the loan is not an option. So ** any and everything else that's going on in my life...

Oh and wait for this one I asked why wouldn't no one contact me Dec 01, 2016 to let me know I missed a payment and I was told why would they call because they thought I would call them. Why the ** would I call you idiots when I didn't know I even missed a payment. Oh but I made 5 more payments after the fact. I'm very irritated and would not recommend this company for anything. Should have known better when you can only use Western Union.

I purchased a car back in about 2001 that was financed through CA. I lost my job about a year later, and the car was repoed by CA and sold at auction. Off and on for the last 15 yrs, I have received letters from their lawyers about owing them money etc. I actually have court today on this mess. I'm just wondering how this is no longer on my credit (thank God), but yet the lawyers can still come after me. This vehicle that started out with me owing about $1800, is now up to almost $9000. The car is now 20 yrs old. Oh, and seems my public records on this case have magically disappeared as well, including the one stating that this case was DESTROYED about 9 yrs ago. How is any of this legal??

My husband and I purchased a 2007 Pontiac G6 from Used Car Factory in Janesville, WI on August 1, 2014 with the loan thru Credit Acceptance Corporation. We put 700 down on the car and we financed for 10,000. When we first got the car we had problems with it for the first year and half. Then we started noticing the burning smell coming through the vents and took the car to shop and they said the car was a quart low on oil. We always got our oil changed. Never had the issue before. Also, the car was always having brake problems. We had fix the control arms in the front the wheel on the passenger side front, the struts were a major problem.

We called CAC and asked them if we could stop making payments for a month because all of the mechanical problems we had with the car and they said, "No." We were paying 400.16 for a piece of crap car that we could no longer afford to keep fixing. We only have two incomes my husband's monthly disability check and my work income and was barely enough to pay the car payment and everything else we have. The other thing that we didn't like about them was we had to call them every month to tell them that we were making our payment on the 3rd of the month because that is when my husband got paid. The rep would always get rude about it and say, "Well you can use our automated system or set up automatic payment every month," and we always tell them no.

Then this past January we decided to trade the car in for a new car. I called CAC and told that we traded the car in and said when were they going to get their payment. I told that their check was on the way from the dealership where we bought our new car from. They kept calling my husband and we told them their check was coming. We called the dealership and they mailed it right away. My message to people with bad or no credit, don't finance a vehicle with Credit Acceptance Corporation. They will ruin your life.

I financed a auto from Credit Acceptance Corp, and it's been a year now and when I went to check my credit scores, there was a "credit issue pending" from Credit Acceptance Corp. I don't see how this can be as I paid that car off in January of 2016. I called the company and all I can do is dispute the issue. I been trying to dispute this issue for 6 months now and the "credit issue pending" message is still there. Even I wrote the company I have not received any replies so all I can do is keep trying. This issue is holding me back from repairing my credit so I can finance another auto.

I got screwed into Credit Acceptance as the car I had broke down and was unfixable, I had no choice but get a car so me and my son could get home. I got put into Credit Acceptance with the financing, not only are their fees crazy, their customer service is awful, they don't help. I have been getting late fees put on my account since I opened the account because they didn't send me the coupon books so I had no idea when the payments were to start, I called about it and I was told that's my fault, it took them a month to send me the book.

I asked to defer 1/2 a month payment and they said, "NOPE we'll just charge you late fees for the next few years until the loan is paid off and we'll harass you 8 times a day for the $200." Most car loan companies defer payments and will also waive late fees if late payment is not your fault, not this company. They live off the fees and any late fees they can throw at you. If your payment is due the 1st and your grace period is the 10th, let me tell you if they receive the money on the 2nd bam late fee. It's disgusting, I'm surprised they have been allowed to rip off people for so long.

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Profile