1.3/5 (805 ratings)
Find a Loan Companies partner

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

About Credit Acceptance Corp

You deserve a great loan.

Receive personal loan offers in minutes on Personal Loan Pro

Get started

Credit Acceptance Corp Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

Original review: June 23, 2022

I purchased a 2016 vehicle in 2020. I originally paid Approx 14000 for it but I had to get a loan from Credit Acceptance. Please, do not use them. I have paid, on time and more than the payment calls for, for almost 2 years. My payoff today is 8900. Really???? I'm never going to get this hunk of junk paid for. I'm angry about the outrageous interest rate and the low down dirty sales rep that made me think this was a good deal. Stay away from this "credit company"

Original review: June 7, 2022

I opened an account with this company in July 2021. The first thing is they weren't able to change my due date, so I always pay 2 weeks late and assessed a late fee. They have no way to view your payment history. I've been sick with COVID over a month and thought that I made my last payment. I woke up Sunday morning to an email alert that my credit score dropped 79 points due to a late payment. I, immediately, called the company and was informed that my payment was 45 days late. I asked why no one wrote, called, or emailed me that I was behind. I was informed that they don't email, or mail correspondences as a payment reminder courtesy, and that I didn't authorize consent for them to contact me by phone.

I made the payment that date, and requested for the credit bureau record to be updated. I was informed that I'd have to dispute it with the credit reporting agencies. This is the most unprofessional, tacky, and ** company that I've ever done business with. Keep in mind, that the utility companies send out payment reminders. Now, I have to dispute this with the credit reporting agencies. I have very good credit and have never been 30 days late paying, now I have a 76 decrease in my credit score, because I've been sick and delirious for weeks, and the company is so unprofessional that they don't send a courtesy reminder.

Get buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2022

This company is the worst company to have ever graced the scene. If you made mistakes or are just looking for a finance company, CREDIT ACCEPTANCE will make your situation WORSE. ** RUN. Do not do business with them.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I paid off my car months ago and reached out to them about the car title. I waited for 2 months for my title and it never came in the mail. I had to call them for them to say that they had it sent out to me but then they lost it because they had the wrong address in. How can they be this irresponsible? They then sent me only a discharge of lien which should’ve been attached to the title. They did this on purpose! I just wish I could’ve done more research before signing up with this scam company! I’m furious that they scammed me like this. When it comes to taking your money, they’re so quick into doing so but to give you your title. I hope they go bankrupt! Do your research on this ** company before you decide to sign up with them.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Would give this company 0 zeros if it. My spouse obtained a loan with them on my behalf due to me only having no verifiable income (home childcare) covid hit and that closed my doors so I voluntary gave the car back. Unlike many lenders they hold you to full term meaning you have a 60 month term bet your bottom the amount after resale with be the 60 month terms worth of interest so you have a 22.99% rate you will pay it. Not only that once your car is sold and the defiency balance is due they do not close your account or charge off instead these sweet vultures ADD a monthly balance to your account until resloved why? My response I received was bc we can more or less.

I work in auto financing and can say 100% when someone is approved with them I tell them don't do it. I go as far as to help ppl repair their credit than getting bent backwards with this company. I truly don't know how they sleep at night. Horrible company. I hope they get a lawsuit like no other matter of fact I have obtained a attorney nobody needs to be fooled into doing business with these people. By the way 3 supervisors seen my concerns and stated they couldn't answer my questions till finally one was rude (day before appointment). Now I don't feel bad. I hope she's fired before they're shut down!

Original review: March 9, 2022

I am going through a hardship and was granted to pay $250 a month for 6 months. This loan company claims I willingly set up payments twice when I said no I didn’t and wanted one of the payments canceled. The collections person I spoke with Reggie was sarcastic and rude and said he would have his manager call in about 72 hours. I also was told to dispute the amount with my bank when Reggie could have more than willingly cancelled one of the payments. I’m at risk of my electricity being disconnected and he could have cared less. I was called out the n-word and I said I would start recording calls. I demand to have my money back in my account and speak to upper level management.

Original review: March 2, 2022

These people will tell you, after 3 years of on time payments, that you will go into default after being late 4 days to pay. They want to screw you over, and have no sympathy. If you are going through a hard time, you will be told that they do not care. The lady I spoke to seemed to enjoy the idea that I would go into default. Please do yourself a favor and ride a bike if you have no other options. They also will call like 5 times a day, and most of the time, there is nobody on the other end. It is like some creepy stalker.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

They “accidentally” reported an increase in my loan balance. Decreasing my credit score by 36 points! They “fixed their error” yet my score only rebounded 19 points. It’s now the last day of February, yet they have reported I have not made a payment since NOVEMBER 31! Which is absolutely FALSE! I don’t miss payments. If I had not paid since Nov 31 they would have taken possession of the vehicle by now. As a result of yet ANOTHER “mistake” my payment history is declining and AGAIN lowering my score. I’m contacting my lawyer.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

They are Soo horrible. They picked up my car after I only owed 3.000 dollars on my car. I paid them a total of 20.000 and all I had left was 3.000 dollars. I was late 3 months on a payment and threated me with late fees several times and barely wanted to work with me. They are criminals. They picked my car and I'm left with a 3.000 dollar debt and no car. Never ever ever do business with these people. God will definitely punish theses criminals after taking advantage of a young person like me. This was my first car. I had it for 6 years. I am very devastated.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2022

Was paying on time. Turn car off 'cause on their side they was not receiving payments. I got tied cause it took them month to fix. Turn car on then paid. Fell behind car. Sat in driveway. 2-3 months late fees plus interest pile up. They said they couldn't find car car I'm driving or hiding. Remember car was in driveway turned off. I seen cars, trucks, stop, look at car, never came to get. Then the day I was going to Clean car out they took car with important over 1500-2000 of work I was going to put in car. Never told me where car was cause they can't tell me till I pay. Note then they never sent paperwork. I called over over for my things same story. "We can't tell. You pay bill". Sold car. Never sent paperwork. DO NOT TRUST THEM. THEY WILL MAKE WHERE YOU WILL FALL BEHIND.

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Information