1.20/5
  • 1 star
Based on 114 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 5, 2017

497 Credit Acceptance Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

13 months ago with a credit score of 550 I was able to get a loan through them for 10000k, my interest rate is ridiculous... my fault not theirs. I have made every 322.00 payment on time or before... Never had them call, never even spoke to them or gotten mail from them. Today my credit score is 665. I hope to be out of this loan soon, but they gave me credit when no one else would.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Bought an ‘08 Pontiac G6 GT, amount was 12K after taxes, traded a car and put 2,500 down, that was in beginning of 2015. No less than a month into owning the car I had to spend some big bucks on replacements and repairs. I paid them $250 every month. In September of this year they reposed it, I called them several times between September and now and got several different BS excuses. One person told me it was reposted base solely on the financing fees. They sold the car at auction for 500. I got a notice in the mail that I now owe 4385, I called them up and was told there is no record that I called in October (which is BS) and that for 2500 they would take it off my credit report and that the car was not paid off.

So I did some research. Found an article on BBB about a lawsuit in Topeka, Kansas. I'm just going to get an attorney at this point. They obviously don't have anything together nor know their jobs. The representatives are rude as well. I would love to have my car because I do have two small children, but forget them and their corrupt business practice, I'll stick with walking the 20 minutes to the bus, and borrowing my friend's car until I get a new car and this BS resolved. I don't suggest doing any business with this company ever!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Had Credit Acceptance for two years, times got hard and I couldn't make a payment. That's when the true colors of this company came out with harassing phone calls, threats to take away the vehicle which eventually happened. They asked that I'd pay 500.00 to get the vehicle back which I could not do. 3 yrs later I get papers from a sheriff saying I'm being sued by Credit Acceptance. This company will ruin your life. Stay far away.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

In February my truck was repo because I was 32 days late. I was charged a recovery fee of 299.00. I paid extra every month to cover that fee until August. In October, I was 5 days late they picked it up again. I was informed the arrangement was voided because I was late. At this point the balance of 148.00 to my monthly bill. I paid 780.00 to recover my truck. There was another recovery fee added to my account. This happened 2 weeks ago and a payment was due on 11/22. I spoke with someone on 11/26 and told them I would pay the full balance. They repo my truck on 11/27. Now, I am receiving back to back calls daily. It seems they are just in busy to get the recovery fee instead of working with their customers.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

So back in July my husband and I had found a 2010 Dodge Avenger. They were selling this car for 6,000. They told us the only person who would finance us was Credit Acceptance which we said okay to and that the cost for the car would be nothing down. We get to the paper signing part and Credit Acceptance was trying to force us to pay almost 10,000 before interest on this car with 1,000 down. We decided we didn’t want the car anymore because that was ridiculous. So we left the dealership empty handed.

For the next CAC kept calling us telling us that they would knock the price down, so we decided to go and get the car because we needed a second car. 3 weeks later CAC was BLOWING my phone up telling us we were 3 months behind on payments and that they were going to come repossess the car. A week after that when our first payment was due, we had yet to get a payment book so I called them and was trying to find out what my payment was. They kept telling me they couldn’t find our account. So fast forward a week THEY CALLED EVERY SINGLE DAY MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY. But whenever I tried to return the phone calls they couldn’t find the account and were beyond rude. We finally received a payment book and the payments were over $600 a month.

So we paid the payment via the Western Union thing on the phone and they charged my bank double which overdrafted the account by 200. I called them polite as all hell trying to get them to send back one of the payments because I only made one. So I had to go put a stop payment at the bank and tried to get my money back. Well the bank successfully did that and CAC was LIVID. They had people calling me nonstop telling me they were taking the car if I didn’t make the payment right now. Well fast forward to two months after we got the car in August we were driving down the road and all the lights shut off on the car and the gauges stopped working. So we called to get it fixed via the warranty we paid extra for and guess what they kept playing phone tag with me. So I just let the car sit in the driveway broken down, called them three times a week, telling them to come get the piece of crap.

So fast forward three months they finally decided to come get the car and when I walked outside to give the guy who was repoing the car key he set his hand on the gun in his holster. Now mind you I don’t live in a bad neighborhood or a bad city. So I give him the key and he takes out the front end of the car when lifting it on the flat bed. So two weeks later I wasn’t making payments because I don’t have the car. They sold the car for 4,000 and told me I owed them 12,000. They tried to tell me I had to pay for the damages on the car. So needless to say I got a lawyer and I’m not going to stand being walked all over. NEVER GO THROUGH TO CREDIT ACCEPTANCE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Thank you Credit Acceptance for repossessing my car for the third time since I've been with you guys. I've invested almost 6 grand into a car that I've had less than a year... The first time I was two months behind. And you came and got the car the second time I was one month behind and this time I was 4 days late... It has not been a full month that I've had my car back from the second repossession. Not even 3 weeks and you come take the car again. I wish I had my car to be thankful for... but this company really does suck. I have paid 659 less than 3 weeks ago. So now I'm guessing this will be what I have to pay to get my car back. Smh. And that's not including the bogus storage fee that they may charge for not cleaning out my car and saying they did.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was barely behind ONE payment and was getting a bonus in less than 10 days to get everything caught up... and they came and got my car the night I made a partial payment. They are mostly horrible to talk to on the phone and they have no grace whatsoever. Never had this problem with them before and I cannot wait to walk away from them if I can. The car is almost two hours away from me to go pick up after paying them over $800.00 to get my car. I just pray there isn't some hidden fee when I get there to pay the car lot because I will lose my mind. DO NOT USE CREDIT ACCEPTANCE TO FINANCE A VEHICLE IF YOU THINK YOU MAY GET ONE PAYMENT BEHIND. How can they sleep at night?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I never had any serious issues with this company other than the warranty. They promised me covered everything...actually covered absolutely nothing. In the 4 years I had it not a single problem was covered other than the transmission I had to have rebuilt one year after I purchased the car. And I paid extra for the superior high tech warranty. I had many many many problems with the vehicle in the first 2 years. It’s a miracle it is still running. I knew going in I was going to pay nearly 20,000 for a 12000 car...but that is the price you pay for having poor credit. I was lucky enough to have a good paying stable job in this economy so I was fortunate to be able to pay it off this past week...but looking back I would suggest building your credit on your own for a few years while you get by with a better car until you are ready to buy a car from a reputable dealer with a better credit score to save you a lot of money in the long term. Yes the warranty is bogus!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I financed a car through them, decided I could no longer afford it so I took the car back. The guy named Mike at New School Auto said he could cancel it and I would not have to pay for the car. I talked to a supervisor at Credit Acceptance and they agreed and approved the cancel because I willingly gave up the car before it went past due and now they are trying to get me for $8,000 dollars of a past due balance even it's on record. I returned the vehicle and had them cancel the loan, lease, the finance; before anything went delinquent.

Now it's killing my credit score and they refuse to remove it from mine and my brother's credit report because we co-signed. We took the car back before it went delinquent and they agreed to have it canceled and told us it would not affect us whatsoever. This company has poor customer service and every time I call and give my name they hung up on me. I need this off my credit report to get my son in a good school. It wasn't supposed to be sent to collections in the first place. The car was not repossessed. I drove it to the dealership, gave the man the keys and told him I could no longer afford to pay on it and he said he will cancel it and not to worry about it. I do not have any of the paperwork anymore because I didn't think anything would come of this.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Calls you all the time, harassing people and asking do people have any other type of credit cards and when is my next payday. Personally that none of you guys business, I think this is a bad credit company to deal with. All about a dollar and completely not understanding at all. They don't communicate with each other, always harassing you. In my opinion that's not what a company should do. You never know what someone has going on or what they are going through. Give people a chance and stop trying to be all in their personal business, whenever someone get paid I'm sure that Credit Acceptance will receive a payment. Glad when I leave this company. Not a very good one at all.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was so excited to be able to get a vehicle and that Credit Acceptance was willing to give me a chance. I am a single mother who was in a domestic violence marriage. It was hard, but I was managing...then Hurricane Harvey came. I called to find out what they could do to help me. I was displaced from the hurricane and had lost everything. I was asked what I thought that I could pay. I was in hysterics and didn't know. I was asked if I could make 100$ payments. I said, "Yes. I am sure I could do that." So it was set up for September and October to be 100$ payments. So I made the payments and thought everything was okay.

I then called to see if I could get 1 more month of help and I could return to normal payments the following month. I was informed that I was 1400.00 behind in my payments. And instead of trying to figure things out was asked, "Who could you get to make this payment." I spoke to a supervisor, I am now having to basically make double payments for the next 3 months. I do work but I don't make much, and I have 4 kids at home 1 with sickle cell and one who is autistic. I now have more bills because I got us into a new place. I just wanted to warn everyone to be careful and consider all options before using this company. I would NOT recommend using this company!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I thought I was alone in my situation. Scrolling through the comments I found out that they treat people like **. The whole point in being a second chance anything is to work with people and help them get back on their feet. I can see they’re all about money. So I was explained thoroughly about the GPS tracker on my car. I’ve had the car almost 2 years. I’ve been a few days behind or even almost 2 months behind because of life happening but I doubled up on payments or overpaid each payment. So recently I moved. I’ve gotten back on track... mind you they CALL ALL THE TIME! They call from as early as 6 to whatever time at night. I’ve gotten maybe one letter months ago. But to me they just sent that letter out to save face. I had paid up but this random letter comes in saying what I owe.

So Oct 21, Saturday, I walk outside and my car wouldn’t start. I’m not figuring this out. I’m thinking that maybe the battery finally died because it’s a 2011 and I wasn’t sure of when they put a battery in it. So okay I get a jump (which is crazy how I get a jump and the car is running). I get an oil change just in case. I took it to NTB to get a new battery and they tell me the starter went out. So I’m like that’s impossible.

The car just started. There like we tried to jump it with the new battery in and nothing... Still not putting it together that the company turned the car off because I hadn’t heard anything. I had to take off from my job until I got paid. I got the car towed to a NTB near my house so I could walk to it and get it replaced. They told it was the starter and I paid to get that replaced. So the car was hesitating like it didn’t want to start. I’m like, "Something isn’t right." So I took the rest of the week off. I was able to drive it no problem the rest of the weekend.

Monday I walked out and my car was gone. So I’m panicking because I worked Saturday and now all of a sudden I have to call off work AGAIN. I called them and they ask me where the car was. Then tell me to call the police to see if it was reposed. How do you not know that YOUR COMPANY TOOK MY CAR? The police department is rude here. Everybody in the customer service for this company is rude. They made promises to me but wouldn’t keep them. I told them you guys always call and LEGALLY are suppose to send a letter in regards or catching up before getting the car. They claim both are courtesy. I let them know everybody has been rude. Had I known you guys would repo a car for 30 days I would’ve kept my old car and paid it off then figured something out. I gave that back because it was costing me too much and the dealership made it seem like this was the best deal.

Once, I get the car back I will be looking into refinancing with somebody else. They claim there’s a booklet given to you when you first sign up. But once again you don’t send notices when a person is late and try to work with them. Karma is all I have to say! You don’t kick somebody when they’re down. At least other companies give you 90 days and will call or send out notices. They will try to help.

If you’re looking into financing through this company DON'T DO IT! Had I known this like I said I would’ve not done anything. I’m working full time. I moved back home. I’m in school full time. I’m having to take unpaid leave from my job due to this and find something in walking distance so I can get the money to pay them to be able to go back to my job. I'll either be refinancing with another company or getting out of this car to go to a different bank. Oh and the extended warranty sucks. The radio in my car went out. But of course I have to figure out how to get it fixed or a new radio.

Anybody who’s dealt with them God bless you. I understand what you’re going through. I thought I was alone. I’ve been upset and struggling. But I now see with all the reviews and some are recent this company is horrible. My mom told me her ex had a car financed through them and they did the same thing. The 7 year mark came and they tried to garnish his check. Karma is a **. They will get their back. You can’t run a company like this and expect to be successful. You have people getting repossessions or in debt and explaining why for no reason. Only reason I gave them one star is because I had no choice but to rate them.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I do not know if they pay the persons on their website to give good reviews, but I have dealt with this company for only 4 months and they are horrible. They took my car because I was late on one note. I called to get it, and paid the note. I then ask them if there are any fees for them sending someone to get it. They tell me the only fee I have is $25 for my personal belongings, which I thought was ridiculous. So I specifically asked again was there any hidden cost for the vehicle being towed, and again I was told no. Once I called to get it released they proceed to tell me there is an 800 charge for the towing and repo that will be added to my car note, and that if I’m late once within the next 24 months it’s up for repo again. Never dealt with this before, and this entire ordeal seems like a nightmare.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Anybody considering to get a vehicle try and avoid this place. They don't work with you. Even if you're in good standing with them it means nothing. Staff is rude. You end up paying ridiculous amounts of money on a car that's not even worth it. You won't be able to get refinance due to that fact. They ** you in any way they can.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

They will pretty much finance anyone. Second chance place when you have bad credit. Will not work with you at all if you ever get behind. A complete headache. Do yourself a favor, run far from this company if you can. Fix your credit and go with a bank or credit union. Glad I live in a major city that I can catch the bus to and from. Huge weight lifted that I don't have to argue with these ** and I can save my money. Their loss not mine.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

This company really does stink. They turned the car off and then turned it back on 4 hours later. We made last payment and asked them when we would get title sent to us they said we have to go to DMV to get the title as they don't hold the title from New York and that the dealer should have given it to when we picked up the car. They are a bunch of rude sob. Customer service is a joke. They are rude and very unprofessional. They should be shut down, plain and simple.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I financial a car with credit acceptance and this is still on my credit report and I want it off. They auction the car off, sold the car and it been over 7 years but this company is still won't remove this off my credit report. I want them to remove it off ASAP.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

My car was repossessed on a Friday after missing only one payment. When, I discovered my car missing, I called Credit Acceptance to ask if they had repossessed it and they told me they had not and to contact the police. After causing a big commotion at my place of employment, it was discovered that my car had been repossessed on a security camera. I kept calling them, until close to try and make a payment to get my car back but I was still "not in the system". I finally made my payment the next morning (Saturday) and my car was released and they told me that a fax was being sent to the repossession agent. Credit Acceptance also told me on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday that it had been faxed and that the repo company must not have received it yet.

After taking off work on Monday and calling back and forth between the repossession company and Credit Acceptance, the release was finally ACTUALLY faxed as I sat with the woman on the phone and begged her to fax it and email them while we were on the phone. Now I have charges built up from having my car in storage for 7 days. I am IRATE!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I'm trying to pay this car off early because my Mother is in an Assisted Living Facility. She owes nine payments of $217.69. The contract states no penalties for early payoff. They tell me if I pay it off by 11/07/2107 the cost will be $2025. I've talked to at least eight people about the following issue: If there's no penalties for early payoff, my Mother should not be responsible for the nine months of interest, that they supposedly charge you daily.

Now here's a real kick in the rear, if I just continue to pay the monthly $217.69 the price is only $1959.31. When you call them they give you the payoff price, when you explain that, that can't really be the price, they just continue to say "The payoff price is....." whatever price they come up with on that day. When I read the contract to them, they don't reply to any of my facts, again all they say is the payoff of the day price.

The car payment was due on 10/13/2017. They didn't receive it by midnight, so they called me at 10 am on 10/14/2017 to inquire why the payment wasn't made. They offer no grace period whatsoever on the payment due date. And you're charged a 2% late fee. Today I was told to talk to my financial advisor on the reason why they're charging me interest on a loan that I'm trying to pay off early, and why is it that if I just make the next nine payments it's cheaper than the payoff they're giving me right now. This is by far the most crooked company I've ever heard of. They're making money off of people that don't have good credit, and those that can't get financed due to not having a substantial income. We all need to band together and start a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

If you are unlucky enough to get a loan from them do not fall behind even by one week. They will illegally blow up your phone 5-10 times a day and call at any time, including 7 am or 10 pm. They are extremely rude, openly hostile, will try to contact your employer as well as family looking for someone to pay them. The customer service staff are beyond rude and will treat you like garbage even if you are making a payment to them. And on top of it all, their interest rates border on usury. You can get a loan for 4000 and end up paying 7 when all is said and done. Do yourself a favor. If you have to choose between no car and having to save to just buy outright or go with these scumbags, just take a bus and save your money until you can buy outright. They are not worth the trouble of dealing with and you'll spend far less in the end.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

So I have been on the phone with Credit Acceptance all morning. I made a payment on my car to get my car released. I have been calling back when they ask me to and they still haven't released my vehicle. I have work and I have been telling them I have work. My car is 45 min away from my house (I know what town it is in) and an hour away from my job. I work at 12 noon. Right now it is 9:48 and I have not been able to get my car when they said it would take half an hour from now. But apparently not. Now I am waiting on one of the representatives to respond to an email. I was on the phone and they couldn't even get in touch with them verbally.

I don't know what is going on with this company but I think I am going to find a way to refinance my car because this is ridiculous and unacceptable. The customers' needs should be put first. Don't make them wait. I've been calling them for the past two hours. I have a job that I would like to not lose and bills besides my car to pay. This company is very aggravating and one of the reps gave me a complete attitude when I called. I have spoken to three reps and none of them seem to be doing their job. I do not care for this company at all whatsoever, I just dropped $1000 to get my car out of repo. Money that was in my savings account and now my savings is drained. I need to be able to get to my job to start building up my money again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I've had my car over 2yrs. I've always communicated with them and stayed current but somehow I'm not and they keep taking my car then charging more money to get it back. Since my monthly payments have gone up and they continue stealing the car out of my driveway. Can't live like this. We should come together and sue this company!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Since DAY ONE, I have had issues with credit acceptance. The FIRST TIME I tried to make a payment I was told my account was closed and that I could not make a payment. Called for a WEEK STRAIGHT and received the SAME INFORMATION! Was told I would be contacted when I was able to make a payment. Weeks went by with NO contact. I then receive a letter in the mail telling me I am a month behind! How is this possible when the account is “closed”? I call and make a payment through the automated system not wanting my credit to be damaged further. The next month I call to speak to a LIVE REP because I received ANOTHER letter saying I am ANOTHER MONTH BEHIND! Was told my account was closed and a payment shouldn’t have been made! ONCE AGAIN! I call a District Manager by the name of Mindy and she tells me everything is okay and they entered in my account manually and it’s now “opened”. (thank God!)

I call and try to set up payment arrangements because now my loan is showing 2 months past due and I do not want to get my car repossessed and I’m set up with arrangements. I make the payment on the scheduled date and wait for it to hit my account. A WEEK passed and NOTHING! I receive a call telling me I had NSF and the payment was returned! So I call my bank trying to figure out what’s going on and they tell me the information is INCORRECT! I call Credit Acceptance back and I get told that I didn’t have NSF. It was returned because “information” was incorrect! This company has been nothing short of a headache since DAY ONE!! DO NOT FINANCE YOUR CAR THROUGH HERE. Save yourself the headache and save until you can afford or try and go through a company with a better background!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I rarely write reviews but I had to on this unethical company by the name of "CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORPORATION". In retrospect I should have done my due diligence and conducted an extensive research on this company but I was in need for an automobile at the time. I financed a 2006 BMW 330xi through this corporation and was charged 20k for a vehicle that is worth $5,000. Usually corporations like these don't last because of unethical practices it's just a matter of time before karma catches up with this entity. Some of the customer service representatives are very rude especially the one named Brittany.

This corporation is not for the people, but for the money of hardworking individuals who help to keep our struggling economy afloat. The CEO and executives of this corporation should be highly ashamed for trying to take advantage like the way they are doing but I'm pretty sure they are heartless and they have no morals or a soul of good nature. I can understand profiting $5000, but $15,000 is ludicrous. After I'm doing paying off this ridiculous loan, I will NEVER spend money with the corporation again in my life, and I will do my part to make sure I spread the word on how vicious and conniving they can be. Please I'm begging anyone that is reading this stay away from this corporation they are no good blood sucking leaches who get a joy out of robbing people for their hard earned money.

I can just imagine the employees they hire to work for them, how could you work for some sharks like these people. I feel the pain of each and every disgruntled consumer whom has took the time to vent on the corporations that give the United States a bad name. Do not worry "CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORP" has its own karma on the way. No to need to fight back and forth with them, just let go and let God deal with them. The universe does not like UGLY. Sincerely an unsatisfied customer.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

My son totaled his Jeep. We immediately contacted our insurance company and Credit Acceptance to let them know what was happening. We then said we wanted to cancel the warranty and get the paperwork going for GAP. They told my son that once the vehicle was paid off by the insurance company then the GAP would be processed. They contacted my husband because he was a cosigner and he also told the person on the other end that the vehicle was totaled and insurance would pay it off. I then notice that they are dinging my husbands and sons credit history for late payments when in fact they know it's been totaled. My son calls them today only to find out that they went to the salvage yard and reposed the pile of junk.

Our insurance company now cannot pay it off since they are no longer in possession of the piece of crap and Credit Acceptance said they would have to sell the scrap and then let the insurance company know what the balance is. HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD OF A COMPANY BEING THAT STUPID!!! Do they not think that people have access to attorneys just because they has to use their POS of a finance company. Tonight will determine whether I contact my attorney in the morning. If they do not stop dinging their credit for missed payments then my attorney will be more than happy to rake them over the coal and hopefully get my son & husband a little extra for slandering their credit. If you have to buy a car and you have bad credit you'd be better off going to a tote the note place. You'll get a better interest rate. STAY AWAY FROM CREDIT ACCEPTANCE. THEY ARE A RIPOFF!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I called today to ask for a payoff amount on my loan. I get a guy who asked why I want to pay it off. I said, "Well, it's a piece of crap, in and out of the shop, and I want to trade it in." He gives me a payoff amount and says, "What shop?" I said, "Well, why do you need to know that?" So he presses and presses, so I lied and said I didn't know, as seriously, the warranty they sell you is also a piece of crap that pays the shops next to nothing anyway.

Mind you, this is after I have paid, faithfully without a problem on this car for almost 3 years AND the payoff is less than $5,000. I'm just waiting to see how often they call me this week demanding to know the name of my mechanic and how bad the repairs are? Uh, call the car lot. They're the ones that have had my car in the shop for almost 3 months pretending like they knew how to repair it, before finally admitting today that they don't. And did I miss a car payment this whole time? NO. Call the local dealership. That's where my car has to go tomorrow, where I'll probably get stuck with a four-figure bill to repair the engine. Call my lawyer. That's who I'm talking to next. But the name of the shop where my car is now. I don't think so. Bite me. Next time I'll just buy a $2,000 car from the local want ads. It'll probably run better and I won't have a loan over my head.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

My husband died suddenly at the age of 43, so I did a voluntary repossession of my car. I had never missed a payment. Unfortunately, I could no longer pay for the car as a widow. Credit Acceptance sold the car and still charged me $150.00 monthly for the balance. I had to move, get a new job and pay cemetery costs. When I missed payments on the car I no longer had, they issued a Writ of Fieri Facias Instanter to put a lien on my property, even though I don't own much of anything. I have never dealt with such a heartless company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This company is a ripoff. Made payments on time for over two years. Now show I have missed. Or 8 missed payments. I was late 2 or 3 times but that was due to public holidays and the mail wasn't delivered. Report car Sunday night Monday morning without notice. Run like heck from them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We got our car about 9 months ago. We always paid the bill. Well they came and took the car from my husband's work with no heads up. We called them to see if they took it and turns out they did. As for their reasons, first it was about a "$50 late fee" Then they said we missed a payment around August 20th the day my daughter was born, when in fact I paid them 2 weeks before that so it was not due . Then they claimed we've been late since April. Looking into our bank statements, that was a lie.

The woman he spoke to literally paused and hesitated to come up with that crap. They want $655 to get it back and $70 to get our personal stuff out if we decided to not get it back. Then my husband got legal help, and the woman refused to answer him about why the car was taken. She then claimed they lost his record. Now we are waiting for them to call back within 3 days like they said they would, which I don't even know why it would take 3 days to come up with an answer. All in all these people are ridiculous and if we weren't in desperate need of a car we would tell them to keep the p.o.s.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

So I've dealt with this company for 3 years as it was who the dealership choose for my loan. My coupon book states my payments could be made from the 1st to the 15th and when my payment wasn't there by the 8th I was getting 4 calls a day about it. So why when I only had 2 payments left did I not receive ONE call asking where my payment was. I mailed my payments as before and because I didn't receive a call I believed that they had received them. That is until I awoke and seen my truck gone.

They have no cares whatsoever. It was literally 8 hours until I could speak with someone that they had my truck and I had to pay $285 towing plus a $35 personal property fee. I'm beyond pissed. I asked why didn't I receive those same 4 plus calls daily 3 months ago like I did the whole time. I was told the calls are a courtesy. I asked so why not a letter, that too is just a courtesy. Well heck you bugged me daily and now that I'm almost done you decide no call or letter is needed.

No courtesy extended to avoid this extra fee... Then it hit me, this is how they make money. Word to the wise DO NOT ALLOW A DEALERSHIP TO SELECT CREDIT ACCEPTANCE AS YOUR BANK. This is happening too much and to top it off they bank on owners NOT being able to pay so that they can get additional money out of the vehicle which they charged 2 or more times what it's worth. Please get informed of who you're dealing with. CAC only deals with those with less than favorable credit so that they can get extra money from you. These people are legal crooks.

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Information