1.26/5
Based on 109 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a loan company?

548 Credit Acceptance Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

After reading a few of these reviews about people's cars being threatened to be turned off I took apart my dash under the steering wheel and yes indeed I see a GPS and a shut off relay. I did some homework on YouTube and saw how to disconnect it and rewire my car to be able to start without their threats. So I'll be late on my payment because I'm going through a career transition and have to wait three weeks to get paid. Make sure you take your car to places that you haven't been before to hide it because while the GPS was connected they were tracking you every 6 hours and could see what popular locations you have been to as they try to recover the vehicle and leave you stranded. So now you know.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I got financing for my first 2004 Ford Escape with the claggy breaks. It was clean but engine needed some work. 3 year 36 payments. Credit Acceptance informed me that they were able to shut my car off if my payments fell behind. It was a struggle and I had great Insurance and Roadside assistance. I calculated 13,000 in payments made with 9 left to go. My car was repossessed after 5, 000 in repairs were made. They claim I was late. My car wouldn't start when the tow truck brought it home and further repairs and rentals were on me. They got a better car back plus made a profit, sold it for more than I owed them, and ruined my credit. They still want the balance about 1800. The car was worth 5 grand. But that really especially when you're trying to build credit and they set you up to fail. It's legal cause they get rich and we get played. One day somebody will catch this. Don't do it. It's not worth losing your hard earned money.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Got a loan through Credit Acceptance to buy a cheap car for the purpose of building credit. I made on time payments for over a year. When I went to a dealer to get a loan for a good car they bought out my loan from Credit Acceptance. One week after having thought my first loan was dealt with they collected another payment from my personal bank account. They admitted to getting paid by the dealer but claim to not know my loan was bought and refuse to refund my money. Never use them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have a car financed through this company. I have been making my payments on time, as far as I knew, for the past 7 months. My husband was admitted to the hospital. I called to find out if I could postpone my payment by ONE WEEK. The girl on the phone was rude, first of all. She wanted details as to why I couldn't make my payments on time. Then she goes on to say that they've already been "letting me make my payments late each month" since apparently my due date is the 8th, but they draft the payment on the 15th. She then tells me they have no grace period, and that if I don't make my payment on the 15th, they will start the collections process on the 16th.

In addition to the exorbitantly high interest rate, they are not willing to help customers out. I wish I'd have listened to the bad reviews. I understand that my credit is not great, but it should not be legal to be able to push people around like this. I am so stressed out and was hoping, considering my good payment history, that I would get some help. I will be posting this review everywhere. DO NOT BOTHER WITH THEM. Wait until your credit improves and use a real company.

Original review: June 12, 2018

In 2010 I bought a 2007 Ford Taurus from Driveaway Motors. I paid on time and when I got down to only owing 2 months on the car, I was two weeks late and they repossessed my car when I was at work. I actually had the money in my purse and was going to Western Union after work to make the payment. When they came to get my car, I called my husband and he came to my job, the tow man said he would have to follow him to know where they were taking my car. In the meantime, my husband paid TWO payments to get me ahead and the fees to get my car out of hock.

When I called the customer service, they were their usual rude selves and then stated they appreciate me being quick about dealing with the late payment. I traded the car in the following month and GMAC paid them off ($335). They sent me a congratulatory letter and offered to refinance me another car, I said, "NO THANKS!" Well two years later I fell on hard times and had to get another vehicle with them. I decided this time I would pay on my own terms and now even if they come get the car, they cannot garnish my pay because I do not make enough money for them to do that. I will eventually catch up not because they are a good company, because my husband co-signed for me to get this car. I WILL NEVER get another car with these people again, when this one is paid off in 2021, I will tell them to never call me again in life!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

Original review: June 11, 2018

What happened? On 3/23/2017 I physically signed (ink signature) to purchase a used 2008 Jetta. Within a week the 08 Jetta broke down on the highway. I immediately notified (seller) Pleasant Valley Motors, Raleigh, NC (PVM) and told me to tow it to my home and PVM will tow the vehicle with their mechanic & fix the problem. While vehicle sat for a week, I had a mobile co. conduct a diagnostic. Results: rear brakes on driver-side were metal to metal and needed to be replaced, also clutch was not functioning, slave cylinder needed to be replaced, also nut that holds shifter mechanism down was broken and someone tried to weld it back and would need transmission to repair it.

On 3/31/2017 the 08 Jetta was finally picked up by Pleasant Valley Motors. In the interim, I had to rent vehicles to go to work etc. PVM, offered a vehicle in which they came unannounced to took the loaner due to them closing down abruptly. On May 12, 2017, with my 08 Jetta in their possession stated they were closing and I will need to pay their unknown mechanic the repairs. I requested for PVM to furnish a Mechanical Vehicle Report, location and status on the vehicle. I received nothing but back and forth confirmation from unknown reps upon PVM closing.

Please note: I received harassing phone calls from "Al" a sales agent with PVM that was never licensed to sell in North Carolina. Since May 12, 2017, PVM and their mechanic was never seen and my vehicle I never had in my possession to date. I informed Credit Acceptance about this entire ordeal and Credit Acceptance the lender stated they conducted an investigation on-site after PVM closed and they did not confirm nor provided me details results of their investigation such as date, time, agent who investigated this Auto Fraud etc.

In return, to date have accumulated bad credit reporting from Credit Acceptance, no vehicle in possession, no information from PVM owner about the location of my vehicle, the NC attorney general office did not even receive a response from PVM owner referencing my complaint, Credit Acceptance never to date confiscated/repo the vehicle nor did they conduct any investigation referencing my complaint. I am currently receiving harassing calls from unknown numbers.

I never authorized an electronic contract. The dealership closed immediately confiscated my vehicle that C.A.C. will not address. To date I do not have a vehicle and being force to pay a debt that I never authorized. The dealership Pleasant Valley Motors in Raleigh, NC disappeared. The CFPB will take steps to remove my personal information from this description but someone may still be able to identify me. Learn how it works. I consent to publishing this description after the CFPB has taken these steps.

What would be a fair resolution to this issue? I want Credit Acceptance to remove all delinquent credit reporting with debt validation. I want Credit Acceptance to forward me an investigation report of the agent that they stated conducted an onsite visit to the dealership that closed a few days after taking my vehicle and never returning it to date. I want Credit Acceptance to confirm recovery of the vehicle like normal Auto Finance Companies practice. I strongly request that Credit Acceptance in "Good Faith" refund me my initial cash deposit and only payment I made.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I had a accident in my car Feb 20, 2018 and got it towed to a shop the next day, since I had no insurance I had to pay for the repairs out of pocket. My mechanic has had it for three months and won't give it back after paying him $3,000. I called Credit Acceptance to see if I could get the location on the car since there was a location device on it, they told me I couldn't get the location of the car until I had a police report. I couldn't report it stolen because it wasn't taken from my possession so it was considered civil.

Through those three months I never missed a car note, so when I finally became a week late I called and explained it again and they asked was there any who could pay it, or what day can I pay it and if I had still had a job. They never cared about the fact that I paid my car note for 3 months even without having it. The supervisor was no help and neither was the complaint department. They told me I could do something like an abandonment so they could repossess it and I could pay to get it back. The next week I called to put ABAN (abandonment) on it. They said I couldn't do it... the supervisor said, "Well I hate this happened but just make sure you pay the car note..." Most uncaring, unprofessional, rude and annoying company ever.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Don’t get a loan with Credit Acceptance. They filed court papers for a vehicle they repossessed and sold it for 900 and want 9000 from me. I was a co-signer and informed them where the owner was. The owner contacted them to set up payments after they filed yet. They still had a judgment against me. I don’t owe this debt and I would like for them to remove my name from this debt. I will be taking this back to court because I have informed these people I don’t owe this debt and they can’t take someone to court for triple the amount they sold that vehicle for.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I missed a payment back in August, then was 2 days late on September's payment. The payment was made the morning of the 2nd day. They then proceeded to repossess my car that day. So I paid to get the car out and made a payment arrangement. I was told that I can't make that months payment because it was already 2 days past due. They said they would roll it to the end of my loan. A couple weeks later, I'm getting repo calls again. When I called to see what's up, they said I must have misunderstood. I made another arrangement. A couple weeks later, same thing.

I finally made another arrangement and have been paying faithfully some November. This month's, I was a couple days late. Now they're saying that I am a little over a month behind and now, I'm in another payment arrangement. I get a different story every time I talk to these people. I feel like I'm never going to pay this thing off. They are crooks. If anyone knows of a class' action suit, please contact me.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I went out to my car during my lunch break, today. It was approximately 4:00 PM. I tried to start my car to go pick up a package at the office. I turned the key 4 times, it didn't ignite or begin to turn over. I called the warranty company. They said to have a tow truck bring the car in... I couldn't do that, because I can't afford it. They told me that they could cover the tow up to 50 dollars. I don't have any money to cover any of the overage, and I know that this issue is not my fault. As a matter of fact I'm positive, so I told the person I was talking to that I was going to bring the car back.

I called the car company, after 5 days, they told me that the car was sold as is. Then, they told me that the warranty doesn't start for a month. The car salesperson Tom, says, “Hold on, let me send you to my manager.” The manager gets on the line. He starts giving me the same story. He can't do anything because he doesn't have a tow truck or insurance that covers that kind of issue unless I can bring it. I couldn't bring it in, because I was working. Finally I told him that I would be there to see him in the morning, and hung up on him. I contacted my Uncle to ask him to come with to City Auto to witness their schematic lie. My uncle said he could come but he didn't want to come during traffic.

At about 9:15 pm I went outside and the car started. Now, my fear is that it's going to work for a little while longer and start showing me problems. Thus far, I've driven the car only to a few places. There are very few miles on the vehicle from the time of purchase. I've noticed that when I turn the lights on, the dash lights and the radio dim extremely low. The dealership said there is a switch that I can toggle to turn the displays back up. Also, I've been driving and have pressed the window down, and, I tried to bring it back up and it was stuck. I figured it was probably the window control button. So, I pressed that and tried to press the widow pack up. It didn't work. So, I drove for about 5 minutes with the window all the way down. After five minutes it worked again. A couple of minutes later I tried pressing the window down, again. Then, I pressed it back up, and, for a moment, it got stuck on its way up. I rolled it back up and left it that way.

Also, I notice there is a wire hanging from the bottom of the dash. It's a switch of some kind. I believe it's a 4X4 switch. At any rate, whatever it is, it should be hanging there. Monday 10/23/2017 Went to an apartment in Coon Rapids. Played the stereo and had the lights on all the way there. When I got there I'd parked to close to another vehicle and I turned off the key, tried to get out of the car and couldn't. At that point I got in the car and tried to restarted the vehicle, I was unable to. Panicky, I performed the motions requested by the store manager. Put the gear in Neutral and the car started. 10/28/2017 Called City Auto about the fact that I possibly left my warranty information at the shop when I went back to check the electrical system of the vehicle. Rosely answered the phone and said they provided me with a sheet of paper that had 11 ways of making payments. It was with a down payment receipt?

I went to check the envelopes they gave me which are in my car. There was no sheet of paper listing anything in regard to making payments. Since, I've found the color of the bumper was different than the whole car, making this car one that was in an accident. The CD player doesn't work, I can't stick a disk in. The speakers were completely blown all the way around the vehicle. There were stains on all of the seats. The coolant gauge is closer to the 1/2 mark than 1/4. They don't honor some of the things on their warranty. They're lying about our ability to set up to 3 payments back, Credit Acceptance doesn't honor that lie.

My electrical system is bad. I have had to bring the car into the shop 5 times since my November Approval, plus all maintenance has been applied. The car has had 80 highway miles and the warranty runs out with whatever comes first. Time or mileage. On top of all of this, with my complaints, I've been offered no compensation. And, I have lost my job, in the process.

Original review: May 3, 2018

My wife purchased a car 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid March 3, 2017 and Credit Acceptance Corp financed the car due to her low credit score and we purchased an extended warranty for 4 years or 48,000 miles for an additional $1,765.00 Superior Protection Plan from the Toyota Dealership. In April 2018 she had an accident in the car and the car was a total loss. We have full coverage and Gap insurance. My insurance company paid most of the car off except 729.00. The Gap insurance should pay the difference. I call to cancel the Superior Protection plan only to find out Credit Acceptance Corp had canceled it already. I call Credit Acceptance Corp and ask what happened to the $1,765.00 prorate that $-441.25 and we should be reimbursed the $1,323.75.

The customer service rep for Credit Acceptance tells me they canceled it and put the rest to pay off the car and the Gap only covered 300.00... I find out that Credit Acceptance owns the Superior Protection Plan service contract company... He tells me over the phone it is legal to take the money and keep it from the service contract... HAHAHAHAHAH good one buddy. Where is my $894.75 dollars? It does not just disappear into thin air???

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have had my car for almost 4 years. I have 1 payment left on my truck and it was repossessed. I called and made arrangements to pick up the truck. Less than 24 hours later, my truck has been cleaned out and sent to auction! Not only that but I was NEVER told I couldn’t pick the truck up the same day my payment was made!! When I called all 3 places (Credit Acceptance, the tow yard and the auction) the staff was INCREDIBLY RUDE, DISRESPECTFUL and ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! While I can understand most people do not have great credit, if Credit Acceptance is ever an option for a financial company DO NOT DO IT! It’s more of a headache than it’s worth! I plan on paying my remaining $600 (out of $ 19,000 and the truck isn’t even worth that) early to be DONE WITH THEM! Absolutely HORRIBLE!!!

Original review: April 27, 2018

Ok, this is the first review I have ever wrote. However, this company needs to be put on National News as one of the worse companies in America! These people financed a 10,000 dollar Envoy (2005), with 1,900 down payment under a 4-year contract and my car payment was 372.00 a month! After 3.5 years of making payments, my pay-off is August 2018 and guess what it is the end of April 2018, They repossess my car from me falling back in December where I continued to make payments Jan, Feb, March, And this April but 20 days later, they came out and repossessed my car at my job 4:00 pm.

I went through all the drama paid the 300.00 repo fee, the one month behind payment, and still they tell you, "We cant tell you where your car is and the place that has your car has closed. Call us back tomorrow." Their hours of operation is 9-5. Well you call back tomorrow, go through the routine drill including being put on hold, they return and tell you, they are not open until 10:00, call back. Meanwhile they wont give you a number or address to where they have repossessed and took your car for fear that you may go get your car. How crazy is that??? Stay away from this co. and tell your friends and family.! I will never ever use such a horrible company as Credit Acceptance!

Original review: April 22, 2018

My father passed away in May 2016. Since I was the executor of his estate, I gained possession of his 2004 Ford F-150. I was aware that this would be an extra monthly expense, but I didn't know it would lead to misery within the last three months of pay-off. Back in December 2017, I fell short of the payment and the vehicle was repossessed. I went through the proper channels of paying repossession fees, storage fees, taking off my job to drive 2 hours to pick the vehicle up,... etc. This was enough to make me NOT be late again.

Well February 2018, I encounter the exact same thing and was unclear as to why. I NEVER received paperwork or anything saying that I was behind on the account. I provided proof that payments were made. Because I didn't want to lose the one thing that reminded me of my father, I went through the process all over again. Well friends it's April 2018 and they have done it to me again... It is time I seek help for this matter. Something had to be done!! Credit Acceptance has put me in between a rock and hard place and I have no paperwork about the account after asking several times since June 2016. Pay-off would have been March 2018.

Original review: April 20, 2018

They are saying multiple payments have not been made. Every payment has been made. I jumped through their hoops. I was told to send bank statements and then was told those weren't good enough. Told to send a letter from the bank then that wasn't good enough. I was told that they couldn't find the payment and neither could Western Union and there was nothing else they could do. The bank contacted Western Union and payments were found. I sent that proof along with all of the other proof to the corporate headquarters and have contacted them.

Now they have cashed 2 more checks and are saying that they have not received those payments. I was told over two weeks ago that I would be contacted within 3 days. This did not happen. I called again today and was told that I had to leave a message because the legal department was not available. This was after I was told that I need to pay 1900.00 today. I have spent over 30 hours trying to straighten this out. My husband's credit has taken a huge hit because of this company.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Credit Acceptance got my title to my car lost in the mail, then cost me extra money to get a duplicate copy. I called asking for them to refund at least half of what I had to spend and was told it's not their problem. The original title should have been sent certified to make sure it was reaching the correct person. Now I'm out money and pissed off. Thanks Credit Acceptance for that great experience.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I was going to be late with a payment although it was coming directly out of my account. I called to tell them this and they said, "Okay... not a problem. Call us back when the check comes back NSF and we'll take care of it." "Not to worry", they said. Okay, so when it does - they call me - a very rude collections guy. He threatens me while I'm at the doctor's office. I tell him where I'm at and tell him it's not a good time to talk - I ask if he could call me back or can I call him back - he's getting even ruder and says 'well your account will still be in collections.' He says, "We'll come tow your car!" I'm shocked as I can't understand why - because I'm late on one pay - the first time in almost a year.

Really - wow - how can you be so rude and hateful when I called you guys first to make arrangements. It's not like I'm ducking your phone calls or the payment. Well, of course, I call the number he called from but it doesn't connect. So I call customer service and this female tells me I can make a $50 payment to hold it until I can make the full payment again. Yeah, no I wouldn't advise anyone to do business with Credit Acceptance. They are strictly about the dollar and not about the customer. I hate them too. I still look for them to come get the car although I've made the scheduled payment just because I told them they suck.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Bought a car 5 months ago and was making payments on time each month and they still sent out bills saying that I owed thousands of dollars. This company is a ripoff and I wish never got with them. I went outside to take out the trash and my car was gone. I was pissed and devastated. When I called them they said I didn’t make my payments when the money was coming out of my account I had proof and they still said I owed. This company is the worst. Do yourself a favor and run. Go with someone else.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I used Credit Acceptance to finance my truck, they have very high interest rates and any vehicle you buy will have a high payment. If you use them carefully and pay on time and pay the rest of your bills you can refinance in a year with another bank. Be picky on the car you choose, do research and get the vehicle checked out. If you know or even think the payment will be tough to handle dont use them. You will only hurt yourself. Just because they approve you for that fancy sports car doesnt mean you can afford it. Pay your bill on time every time youll have zero issues, make late payments they will repo and charge you big fees. They did help me boost my credit up, it was expensive but worth it in the long run.

Original review: March 28, 2018

OH MY... so I just paid off my car in full with a $3900 balance. I've had it for nearly 3 years, about a 24% interest rate (yeah, I know, I was desperate). It's a 2003 Buick Regal that when bought was in okay shape - bought for $6k on a $4k loan. 3 years later I paid off $3900 today, didn't make a DENT in my starting balance all these years. I did the math and I've paid $9500 for this car and STILL paid it off early. These people suck, stay away. Far far away.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Had a leak in the transmission so I took it to the shop to get fix. I told them I had warranty, I have been wait 2 weeks on the claim to come in and it's still not fix yet?? They said at the shop it takes 2 or 3 days to get claim back, but mine has been more than 2 weeks and still nothing.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I understand at the end of the day I should not have agreed to finance with this company when I signed off the paperwork. At the time I had bad credit and needed a reliable vehicle to make the 30 mile commute to work. Being a year in though on a car with 121k miles. I cannot even refinance with a decent company now that my credit is getting better. This is because of Credit Acceptance's absolutely absurd interest rates. No bank will look at me. And CA does not offer their own refinance options. Find a different answer to getting a car and do NOT finance through this company.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I've had a loan with this company since 2014. I've paid over 19k off my 23k loan. Today my car got repossessed for a 50 short pay. I was on a payment plan paying $225 every 2 weeks. When I logged into the portal to pay my bill, it no longer have me an option to pay a partial amount. Only gave me the option to pay $398. So I paid the amount they told me to pay online. So two weeks go by to today. I walk outside to go to work and my car is gone... I call Credit Acceptance and they inform me I have broken my contract. I told them their new website would not let me make a partial payment. The lady proceeds to tell me I am wrong repeatedly. That it's my fault for not paying attention to the new website. Then proceeds to tell me the only way I can get my car back is to pay $650 even though I just paid them $400 2 weeks ago.

I asked if I could set up a payment plan to pay off $650 of Fees they've assessed for my $50 short pay. They tell me, "No, you have to pay the full amount or we will auction your car". I then asked her if this is a joke and should I retain a lawyer. Then she starts yelling at me telling me I'm now threatening to sue Credit Acceptance and she is opening up a legal tab. I say, “Seriously? Can you just tell me where my car is so I can get my stuff out of it?” She then tells me, “No sir! I can't release any more information to you, this is a legal issue now.” Then kept asking me for my lawyer’s information and wouldn't even tell me where my at is located. This is unacceptable and affects my family's well being. My wife is having a baby in less than a month... I don't know what to do, they've totally screwed my life up over $50. Anyone have any advice on what I should do in this situation???

Original review: March 7, 2018

Credit Acceptance is the worst company in the world!!! Stay Away!!! My payments come directly out of my bank account and this company has repoed my car 4 months in a row!!! I PAID MY PAYMENTS!! They did waive the fees but it is the biggest hassle to be without your car for a week that they keep it and it's frustrating to talk to these people who seem to know nothing!!! Every person I ever talked to says something different that contradicts the last rep. Stay far away from this company!!! I want out of this contract!!! I think better yet, I'll just seek an attorney for lost wages, theft (cause they're stealing my car), harassment, breach of contract, and maybe a little pain and suffering!!!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I got a loan thru them and it's been hell. They repoed my car two times and I got it back both times. Now I owe 3000.00. Like why do I still have my car if I owe this!!! Then when you try to make payment arrangements they want to know why you behind. Like jobs are not guaranteed. Your financial situation can change at any point of your life. But how this company make you pay this high interest than your actual loan is crazy and it's not worth the aggravation.

I only have a 2012 Honda civic with high mileage at this point but they want me to pay 450.00 because I owe the 3000.00 past due and my current which is 369.73. This company don't fix your credit whatsoever it damage your credit. Today they are on my credit as a write-off but currently I still have my car and I'm currently still making payments. They are basically robbing me so beware. Stay away from this company!!! I already paid close to 12,000 dollars towards my car this car is basically paid for!!! Currently I'm trying to get out of this loan asap!!!

Original review: March 6, 2018

Credit Acceptance is the worst credit company in the United States. They are scammers. If you can join a credit union and finance thru them. I had my vehicle for 2 years, paid over $15,000 on my vehicle and was late on my payment 11 days and they repoed my vehicle. I was highly upset so I went and traded that vehicle in because I didn't like how they handle their customers. Every time I had to speak with a rep there I always and I repeat always had to deal with a smart and nasty rep. I Hate this Company and they have and are still trying to scam me outta thousands of dollars saying for a repo fee which was $260 but the interest on that $260 was $4,469.29. I HATE THIS COMPANY. STAY AWAY. I REPEAT. STAY AWAY. CREDIT ACCEPTANCE CORP ARE THE BIGGEST SCAMMERS IN THIS COUNTRY.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I wish I had a more detailed description of the payments I've made. Every time I look at the amount due it happens to go up (after making my payment). Lol. Their customer service sounds like a bunch of uneducated foreigners that haven't been fed for 2 weeks - extremely unpleasant to speak with. They will demean you and try to make you scared. It's pathetic. STAY FAR AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

My experience was one of the worst. That I can say, I never want anyone to fall victim of unjust business practices. Credit Acceptance not only called in the loan I was given in Feb/2014-10/2017 after I paid for the car, the principal and most of the interest but tried to give me a song and dance when I discovered that my payment history was inaccurate. Bottom line they took the car after making a payment arrangement for what agreed upon, and wanted double to give it back. I did report them. It was my reaction too. IF ANYONE FILES A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT SIGN ME UP!!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Beware. They will rob you. I paid almost double in interest for my truck. They send out stubs stating pay before this date pay a certain amount. Pay after this date which is 10 days later pay this amount which is $5 more. So I always paid within that 10 days. Come to find out they tack on extra interest if not paid by the first date. Which is like $25.00. I had no clue and been paying for 4 years like this!!! You think someone would have called and explained this to me. So I call to pay the truck off thinking I only owe a little more and then they explain all this to me. So I owe an extra $1000.00 because that's not a grace period. Oh I was mad. Never again. I paid $17,000 for a $9000.00 truck. Shame on me.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

It was back in 1989, I paid almost 2,000 down on a 5,000 Chevy Chevette car from credit acceptance... I was late making a payment, almost two months behind, they came and repossess the car... Mind you, this was in 1989. Now, in 2016, they are coming after me, sent me a garnishment court letter to take state taxes, they took 2016 and 2017 state taxes. I tried to stop it, because it’s been almost 30 years... but judge said he can’t do anything about it. They have been paid for this vehicle triple times over. I’m devastated. I can’t believe they can do this. I thought the stature of limitations has run out!!! Somebody PLEASE tell me if anything can be done to stop these people?

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Information