1.20/5

Looking for a loan company?

638 Credit Acceptance Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

I use them to finance a truck that ended up being a piece of junk am I finance charge was $1,800 more than the what my sticker price was for the vehicle. Their dispute resolution team is a joke. They do nothing to help you. They tell you everything is documented and recorded. I have a lawsuit with the dealer for his negligence to fix issues with the truck and disclose them and lied about taking care of them when brought to his attention. No Credit Acceptance don't want to supply me with the records of my complaints trying to say they don't have a way to access those files, print them, copy them or send them even though I was told numerous times by supervisors and other staff that if I was an attorney they would supply them. I got seven Grand in repairs over four months paying $20,000 after all my finance charges for a $6,000 vehicle the $350 payments a month. What a rip-off. What a joke. What a scam.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I had bought a KIA from a car dealer in Pennsylvania in April 2016. When I got the car my credit was in excellent standing. I missed a few payment. Due to that they was overcharging my account so I stop the auto payment from my account and just call to pay. Long story short my pay period has changed and I asked to make the payment on a different date and they never told me that it would be an interest charge if I did. So I was been charge then the interest was on it and no one had called or left a message until I was home and heard the alarm of my car went off and I look through my window a tow truck was taking my car up. Then he gave me a number to call to get my truck next day. I called and they told me it's interested of 6 something almost 7 when I went to go get my car 1200 and changed to get 300 dollars for tow company.

When I called the customer representatives are nasty then finally I had ask to speak to a supervisor and he said he don't know how that happen so I said, “Am I going to get a discount?” They said no. Remember we have other bills and most people works minimum wages to survive. I understand we do need motors to move around, now I got into a car accident in October 4 last year. They came and got the car then when I called they told me they will fix it and tell me what I owe or if there's no money they will also let me know until this day. They harassed my phone 10 to 15 times a day until I just tell them to leave me alone. Now only couple months now no letter or nothing only to get served with a summons of 12,000 something dollars.

So ok I pay that 12000. Am I getting my car back but we will have a discussion with my lawyer cause this company is nothing but fraud thieves and tricks plus I was never late. All I did was change the date and they never told me it would affect anything but when I called they said it’s not their responsibility to call customers. Never heard of such ** in my life where a customer doing business with a company and don't call if there's and issue. After I settle this I will never used this company or even want to remember it exited. All fakes and lie and want to take away people hard earn money plus screws people’s credit up robbed their money and then served people with summons. Worst company to do business with.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Horrible, terrible, bad, the worst and did I mention horrible? They don’t care what you have going on. If you’re a day late they’re coming to snatch your **. You know when you have loose change in your pockets, and it falls in between the seats when you get in? Yeah that’s Credit Acceptance robbing you blind every month. Don’t ever ever ever ever come to this company thinking they’re here to help you. This is beyond me big fella. I wouldn’t give them the toe jam between my toes if they asked.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased a vehicle and my 1st payment wasn't even due yet, I called them to change my payment due date because my rent comes out of my 1st check of every month and I wanted my car loan to come out of my 2nd check of the month. They would NOT adjust my due date! WHAT THE **??? Worst customer service ever! Will never do business with them again!

Original review: April 5, 2019

This company should not even be in business. I get it. I had no credit. I didn't have bad credit I just didn't have any. The car lot I bought my car from used Credit Acceptance, and I had previously paid off a car that was financed by them. Needless to say life happens and I wasn't able to pay. Before I was late on my payment I called them to tell them I would be unable to pay and asked them to come get it. It sat in my driveway for two months with them calling every other day, and me continually telling them to come get it. To make a long story short they have been garnishing my wages for 2 and a half years to the tune of 11,000.00 which is 100 times more than the car is worth and I'm not even sure how they can do it. But I can tell you that when I was looking for another car if the lot was working with Credit Acceptance I would just walk out. NEVER will I deal with them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

Original review: April 4, 2019

This company refuses to put anything in writing other than the original loan agreement. I was paying an outstanding amount (due to being unemployed for a time) and a payment was 1 day late... Let me repeat that...1 DAY LATE! And they "reset" the agreement without my knowledge. Then got pissy with me because I wouldn't take their calls while I was at work and even had the balls to ask me if I had a work number where they could reach me. Apparently they are unaware that they cannot harass customers at their places of business. I cannot wait until this loan is paid off and I am done with this crooked company and their shifty business practices.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Today 4-4-19 I received a FAKE check that had Credit Acceptance as the Payee. My bank called the bank that the check was drawn on, and was told the account is nonexistent. I called Credit Acceptance Corp. to tell them someone was using their check stock to commit fraud, they did not care.

Original review: April 2, 2019

SO MANY unflattering things to say about this company. My mother had a vehicle loan through Credit Acceptance she passed away about 6 months ago with this loan still open. When I finally get around to sorting her things out (meaning I still have her vehicle but no one has made payments) I call Credit Acceptance several times and get several different answers but my favorite one and the most recent conversation with them that leaves me dumbfounded about the people and kind of company this is, is when I tried to find out why they haven't bothered to pick up her vehicle after providing death certificate and address of vehicle several weeks ago - I was told - 'I'm sorry you are not listed on the account so I cant help you.' No ** Sherlock!

I just told you she was deceased and I've already provided credit acceptance corp her death certificate! I wasn't trying to get account information I just want her vehicle picked up so my family can get back to grieving properly without seeing her car every day and being reminded every time we see this vehicle that she is no longer with us. This company obviously have no respect for human decency. If you can get a loan from any other company I would highly recommend you do so.

Original review: April 1, 2019

They claim to be very customer-oriented. Don't think that by calling and working out terms with them will be honored. They will report you as late and just leave it on your credit report. They don't want you to improve your credit. With good credit, you don't need them so they will just scar your report for years. Buy elsewhere, there are many other options.

Original review: March 31, 2019

Insurance paid my car off, but Credit Acceptance said I stopped making a payment and messed my credit up. I HAVE ALWAYS PAID MY CAR NOTE ON TIME OR BEFORE TIME. I have bank transactions with proof. The Customer Service Representatives have no sympathy.

Original review: March 28, 2019

This company has overcharged me by $625!! I have called for 3 weeks inquiring about my refund on this overpayment. Finally, today on March 28th of 2019 was told by a customer service representative that it will take 21 to 30 days for them to refund my money. Had I been late with a payment they wouldn't allow me 21 to 30 days!!! They would have just simply sent the damn Repo Man to my house. Now they need 30 days to make a refund... What they need to borrow the money? STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: March 27, 2019

While the process to actually get the loan was easy enough, what subprime loan is actually difficult to receive? My problem with Credit Acceptance began when I attempted to transfer the title to a different governing body (from MD to DC). I went through all the appropriate steps, and sent all the proper forms. When I finally went to the DC DMV to get my new plates, I was informed that the Creditor had not sent the appropriate forms to the DC DMV. Just for reference, the request to Credit Acceptance was made on 10/27/18, and my trip to the DMV was on nearly 3 weeks later.

This of course began the back and forth communication with the Title department, and their excuse? "We were never sent the proper document from MD to begin with." Well here it is 3/27/19 and I am still without a proper tag on my vehicle, but have gained nearly $1000.00 in citations for a situation of which I am not in control. A company is best described by the worst case scenarios in customer service, and while you may take a gamble with a subprime loan, if it is from Credit Acceptance, you may as well burn your money for better results.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I purchased a car that was worth $7000 of the lot. I put down 30% of the value on the car and was still forced to use this company as a middle man because I had no credit. I took it all in stride as a no-frills way to build my credit. How wrong I was? I was hit with a interest of 21% for a older vehicle. The car had no way of being refinanced because of the age and Credit Acceptance wasn't willing to restructure my contract to make the payments more manageable. I couldn't sell it privately because of the high payments and if I turned it back in, I would lose everything I put into it plus I wouldn't get anything significant for it.

I was driven crazy with the harassing phone calls (over 50 times a month) and the constant threats of repossession and litigation. The car was ended up being repossessed in January. I was constantly misled and lied to by their agents on how to get the car back and where the car was. I paid over $500 dollars to have my car released in March.

When I had arrived to pick up the car, all my personal effects of value were gone and there was damage all over the body and my passenger side mirror was hanging off. Now they are trying to accuse me of damaging my own vehicle and are basically absolving themselves from any responsibility. They talk to you like you are a child and insult your intelligence when you call them out for being a predatory lending agency that preys on the poor and the desperate. Needless to say, I didn't take the car and am currently in talks with a lawyer. Litigation and tort is the only words they understand. If everyone pursues litigation against them. They will be out of business and the executives arrested for embezzlement and other criminal charges.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I've had this good ole' truck for four years. We got lucky and got a good truck. Made a payment every month. Yes, it wasn't on the date they wanted, but it was made in the same calendar month. Today, I had 2 (TWO), lemme' say that again: TWO, payments remaining and that's the end of the loan. Finito! Done with! Through! Loan paid off! Well, lo and behold, who may be at my door? Well, I shoulda expected this - It's the ** repo man here for the truck! WTF?! Does Credit Acceptance have a crack dispenser in the break room? Are they huffin' paint in the board meetings? Was the CEO the inspiration for "Rain Man"? These people are off the chain. Buyer BEWARE!

Original review: March 23, 2019

Bought a car 9-24-2018. What's the weather you say. The motor's already gone out of it in the warranty deed and covered and Credit Acceptance didn't want to do anything about it. I'm very disgusted with this finance company and Morty pot company. They work hand-in-hand together. Pathetic.

Original review: March 23, 2019

My wife became ill and is unable to work. Tried to inform them that the disability payments takes time and all they did was threaten to repo and call and harass every hour. PLEASE IF YOU DO ANYTHING AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: March 22, 2019

This company has zero customer service. If you have a arrangement and call make a partial payment. Want to make another payment a week later because of whatever reason. Nope not happening. If you want to buy the vehicle 3 times then go with them. Their customer service reps are mere robots per the company script. There is no middle ground with this company. Frankly I’m sure they are within the law but they're walking a tight line. Again don’t. If you value peace of mind don’t use this company.

Original review: March 16, 2019

So I am reading all bad reviews about this company!!! So now I am leery even though I was approved! Yea I have crappy credit and pretty much am at the mercy of whomever will lend me money to buy a decent car. In the past I have had dealings with a repossession and that was a car I had for 5 years and with GM financial. Quite honestly no one in collections is nice... Their job is to intimidate you into paying your loan terms especially if you fall behind. Some loan companies don't give you too many chances and others do to a fault! When my car was repo'D I was 2 months behind with a pending payment... So once that went through I would be only one month.

I had lost my job which caused the hardship and I had made a few attempts to make a payment but had to cancel and reschedule my pending payments a couple times. That was their reasoning for repossessing. According to the woman in collections they couldn't "trust" that my payment would actually go through! Huh??? Why not wait for it to clear and see? I couldn't get the cr back because they didn't want the 2 outstanding payments... They wanted all fees back and present... Late fees, interest etc. So my beautiful Optima went to auction and I bought an old a to b car and am now looking to get into an newer used vehicle. So are these reviews true and accurate? Probably. Now I have to see if I want to take a chance!

Original review: March 15, 2019

My son had a loan through them. After 2 years of automatic withdraw from his bank account, THEY only took $27 out. He called and after being on hold 14 minutes he left them a voicemail to call him back. One month later he leaves work and his car is not in the parking lot. After leaving 2 more voicemails he finally got an agent on the phone who told him he had to come up with 2 months payments in 4 days or it was going to auction! These crooks never called him, never sent him a letter nothing! And it was their fault the payment wasn’t correct! Never again! I will tell everyone I know about this company!

Original review: March 15, 2019

Let's be honest here. I went to a car dealership after a recent repossession in late 2017 and needed a car to get to and from work and get my daughter around the city of Houston where public transportation does not connect to every part of the area we live and Ubers start to get expensive quickly. My credit wasn't the best, and I knew that this was a "second chance finance company". I take responsibility for my part. So a high monthly payment? Ok.

I have to purchase your $1500 warranty? Ok. BUT no one has the right to harass you over a few days late (not a month), no one has the right to flat out LIE to you about being able to refinance in 6 months of "on-time" payments and Do Not ask me to borrow to pay you!! Unacceptable. They will not change your due date or give use not even ONE Extension. The customer service reps are rude and I will not be disrespected no matter what the circumstances. DO NOT USE THEM IF YOU CAN AVOID IT. This is a poor excuse of a company and they are taking advantage of an already stressful circumstance.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I sent my pay off to them overnight. And they said it would be posted to my account in 24 hours. Then for them to “audit” my account would take 30 days? To get my title. In this day and age? How? SCAM.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Credit Acceptance use Superior protection plan for their warranty. Superior warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. The way the warranty written it's nothing but legalized racketeering and the consumers are the ones who's going to suffer. Credit Acceptance approve your loan and they use Superior protection plan for the warranty. Trust me there isn't anything Superior about their warranty. God forbid you need to use your warranty because they're not going to pay. Either that's not covered or what's covered they're going to figure out a way not to pay. I've been dealing with this company for a month and my motor is gone out in my car. I'm in so much disbelief until I'm sick. There needs to be a internal investigation on Superior protection plan. This company has pages after pages of complaints.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Just FYI everyone, these people are horrible to deal with. They are rude and untruthful. We were threatened any time we were late on our payment that they had the ability to shut our vehicle off through an ignition bypass switch. Well come to find out that was not true. We paid our vehicle off and are waiting on the title. When I asked them where to get this "ignition bypass switch" removed (since the Company we got the vehicle from is closed) I was told there is no ignition bypass switch on our vehicle. So they threatened us with a lie all this time. Not good customer service.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Run is the 1st thing that comes to mind. They are liars in every sense of the word! Had my 1st dealing with them today. Was told 1st payment would come out April 1st. Get a letter saying I missed my 1st payment March 1st. Called them to tell them they made a mistake and they refuse to say they are wrong. Even with the contract in front of me I read it to them. They still said my fault and now I'm a month behind. POS company. STAY AWAY. JUST RUN.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I am so thankful for this company. They financed my car with NO DOWN PAYMENT. Interest rates are high, but it's a fair trade off for not needing anything down. All the bad reviews on here had me thinking I made a mistake, but turns out people are looking to blame a company that helped you get a car when no one else would. If a company makes a mistake on a payment be respectful when you call to complain about it.

I have had cable, phone, internet companies all shut off service for non payment some by mistake and others because I slipped up and did not manage my money right. Either way I cannot fault them for it completely as if my non payment was somehow their doing. Giving negative feedback is not going to help anything or make C.A. change their policies. It states in my contract as it probably does in yours too that if you miss one payment without notice they can repo your car. Read your contract before you sign so there are no mix ups. I have had great experience with this company so far and am so thankful to have a car.

Original review: March 7, 2019

RUN!! DO NOT DO ANY BUSINESS WITH CREDIT ACCEPTANCE GROUP... My car was totaled. They said I owed them 3k more than what the insurance paid. Ok, so full coverage is only partial coverage actually. Then I go on the website. It still says I owe them the full amount after the insurance paid them, so I asked for a print out of what I owe. Still waiting after 2 weeks and they're saying I'm late on a payment that was only given verbally. ALSO... THE WARRANTY COMPANY AFFILIATED WITH THEM DOESN'T EXIST. SAVE YOUR 1500. The downpayment doesn't matter. You will still pay the high monthly fee, interest and fees. Even if you pay the car off be prepared to pay $2500 or more than the car is worth.

Original review: March 5, 2019

We have had a car loan with them for 4 years now, and boyfriend lost his job and we got behind one month. Called and made a payment arrangement and when called Credit Acceptance to pay they refused to take payment and refused to allow us to pay two payment in one month to catch the car up!!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I went to purchase a car that was 11995.00. I had 6000.00 to put down. Was informed my credit was invisible - needed co-signer. Ok well I ended up being his co-signer with my 6000.00 going to paperwork fees and paying 300.00 month. Could not get out of it. They said he died. I was demanded payment in full and now in collections for 9000.00. Loan end total 21000.00. What if anything can I do? Big deal auto Credit Acceptance you are the devil.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

This is the worst financing company ever. Unfortunately, I was in a situation where I had to have a car to get to work and transport my children around. I put down a hefty down payment and still have a $500 a month note. They told me that after 6 months I could refinance. That was a lie! By the time I finish paying, I will have paid almost three times as much as the price of my car. They are quick to snatch your vehicle if you miss one payment and they refuse to be flexible with payment help. You would be better off walking or catching the bus than using this company. My only hope is that someone will reveal them for the crooks that they are and sue the pants off of them. After two years, I am so far upside down in my payments that I can’t even trade my vehicle in. Heed the advice of those of us who made the mistake of getting involved with company, and run as fast as you can in the other direction.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Worst lender you could ever finance through. You're better off walking. Their customer service agents are rude. They call you all hours of the day. They refuse to change your payment due date. I bought this vehicle in 2015. Little did I know that the day you buy it is your due date. So I call in figuring I could just request for a different day in the month for the due date. Boy was I wrong. I get a whole speech about better budgeting my finance or borrowing the money. I haven't even made my first payment. Avoid them at all cost. Do yourself a favor.

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Information