1.45/5

Looking for a loan company?

569 Credit Acceptance Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Back in September of 2017 I made the horrible mistake of deciding to get a new vehicle from Fox Ford of Cadillac. The dealer LUCKILY wasn't the issue. After going through 3 different vehicles which I was "Approved" for not pre-approved the salesmen then pulls out the absolute last option... a blue 2007 Ford Focus plagued with 1500 dollars worth of issues including suspension/engine issues to try and keep my job at Pizza Hut as a driver.

This car was the absolute last option they could give me as CAC would NOT approve me for anything (I had a 500+ credit score at the time) even after I drove the car off the lot. The issues became more and more pronounced over time, the check engine light came on within 3 days of purchasing the car, the code I got from the internal computer had declared the Passenger side airbag was in-operational and would probably not go off in an accident, eliminating Uber/Lyft as my side job due to that and the repairs, CAC knew what my income was and still put me into the most unsafe vehicle on that lot.

The car had a severe breakdown 2 weeks (10/8-10/10/17) later after driving to Burlington, Iowa for an airsoft game, getting robbed of my airsoft gear there as well only to have the sad drive home ruined at 4 AM by the Idler Pulley and Serpentine belt disintegrate (shown in video) on me doing 75mph on the highway Near Benton Harbor, MI.

After this I was absolutely terrified to get behind the wheel of the car due to the repairs needed (the belt/.pulley was NOT ON THE ESTIMATE) which made me nervous that the dealer didn't inspect the car properly. Credit Acceptance Corp refused to acknowledge my concerns of the vehicle's safety even after asking me to send a repair estimate to their office, which I did and they promptly shut me down. Due to the car's state of repair being unfixable with my finances I had to quit my job at Pizza Hut. I surrendered the Vehicle in December of 2017 and they refused to come get it. I had a repo man come over to help me get into the car (explained in video) and his boss contacted CAC and they refused to come get the vehicle even though my account was delinquent.

As it sits in the yard currently it needs $1500+ in repairs mechanically. Credit Acceptance Corp filed a Civil suit against me back in June/July and had a pre-trial in August leading to the non-jury trial coming up in the first week of December (Sued for christmas, what a time to be alive). I tried filing a counter against them under the grounds of a storage bill written up by my father in the amount of $6020 for the storage of the 2007 focus which CAC denies they should pay even though they ABANDONED THE CAR. Michigan Abandoned Vehicle Laws state that after 90 days of being on the property it was abandoned. They show 0 interest in retrieving this to make even the smallest amount of money back in their greedy pockets.

Credit Acceptance Corp has single-handedly ruined my life and my finances. These people are the scum of the earth and I'd rather do business with the devil himself than go through this nightmare again. At the time of writing this review the vehicle is still sitting in my yard and CAC's attorneys sent more court papers yesterday in the mail seeking near $5000 for the car THOUGH they made 0 attempts to come get it or even show any interest in wanting it. They will bully you just to get every penny out of your pocket. Young and old people beware. Avoid CAC like the plague or you may end up like me. Broke, jobless and stuck in the middle of nowhere with a useless car rotting away in the yard.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I'm not happy at all with Credit Acceptance. My boyfriend John had gotten a truck from Jenroc in Dover, Ohio last year and Credit Acceptance was the loan provider. Everything was fine till John filed bankrupt, because his wages were being garnished because of a truck he couldn’t finish paying for 15 years ago from a GMC dealer. Well, John wanted to keep the truck so he was told to sign a reaffirmation agreement so he did. Well, then Credit Acceptance had raised the amount he owed to $4000.00 more. John went back to the attorney's office.

The secretary had told him what Credit Acceptance did was illegal and the attorney could submit that to the court before the deadline. So John had time to purchase a vehicle before it was submitted to the court. After John's bankruptcy was closed, Credit Acceptance put that he owed $5,934.58 on his credit report and put closed on it. John recently got a letter from a debt collector that Credit Acceptance had sent the debt to them. So now John pays cash for vehicles since after the bankruptcy.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Well the reviews are correct, their customer service reps have major attitudes! So when I called for 2 questions 1: Why my payment haven't posted and I made it on 10/5. 2: Can I have a due date change. So she was very nice initially I must say that. My car payment is due on 10/8 and I made it 10/5 and I said it is still showing I owe for 10/8. So she explained my payment hasn't posted online yet. She said no it hasn't, I asked why because I don't want to be charged for interest because y'all haven't posted my payment.

So instead of her saying, "Ma'am you don't have to worry it is posted" or whatever, she said, "Ma'am this is an interest loan you are getting charged daily." So I said, "Ma'am I do auto loan collections and I know that I was meaning extra interest you charge because my payment haven't posted." So I asked about my due date change and she submitted that. But I never got my answer about my payment not showing posted. I think her name was Talisha something like that. But all in all I hope this company is not in business of ripping people off. I appreciate them giving me a chance is the reason for 3 stars but I'm definitely will keep an eye on my payments because I have a feeling there is something not going right. I'm definitely going to look at my next statement to make sure they are posting correctly!!! At the company I work for any payment made that day past by the end of that business day and the customer can see that online.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I purchased my vehicle in February 2015. I knew the interest rate was high. We set our payments to come out automatically from our checking account. Our payment is $281 a month. It is now October 2018. Our payments have been on time all the way until last month. My husband is self employed and a customer wrote a bad check to pay for work done. It messed up our whole checking account, returning payments and accruing fees. Yes that is not Credit Acceptance's fault. But literally every single creditor I have--our rental company, utility companies, Sprint, 2 personal loans through two different banks, my school loan and several credit card companies all made arrangements with us so we could get caught up quickly and get our accounts back on track. The only company who would not do anything to help us was Credit Acceptance.

Not only would they not make any type of arrangement with us or defer a payment (I was only asking for a 2 week extension), they also marked my credit as being late. We are trying to buy a house. I'm extremely upset. Things happen in life and yes it was our fault. But no one else mentioned above marked my credit as being paid late. I did not have an attitude as someone else in the comments mentioned would make this company not work with you. In fact I called very humble and even cried when they refused to help us at all. I even called back and spoke with several other representatives who all gave me the same answer "We are a second chance company and we don't make arrangements."

Hopefully they didn't ruin my chance to get a home loan. As soon as we close on our house I will be refinancing my loan with another company. Thankfully I have taken this time to build my credit since 2015 not on with them but other companies as well. Seems unlikely that 1 late payment will hurt my credit too much. But it does look bad. It also let me know this company doesn't care about their customers at all. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I have had my car since November 2017. I pay 382.00 a month so I start paying 200 dollars every two weeks. They called and said I can’t pay like that and I’m 172 behind. How when I pay 19 dollars over every month. Where that money going idk. They don’t have grace periods. This company sucks and they get no stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

It's crazy to me reading some of these reviews. I have never had any of these issues. For starters, yes the interest rate is crazy high. That is understandable considering if you're using CAP then your credit is probably terrible. They are a "subprime" credit lender. You can't have a terrible credit score and expect to have an interest rate that is low. It doesn't work like that.

Secondly, I missed a payment in December due to me spending 1000 dollars on a repair for my transmission. That's not their problem, they don't sell the car, they just finance it. I let them know the situation and they immediately were helpful and let me make up the amount. Yes, it was reported to my credit. I broke the deal we had. That's how financing works. I spoke with them over the next few months and made sure payments were made to make up the amount. They were helpful and when I was caught up it was all in good standing again on my credit almost immediately.

Their customer service has always been super helpful in my opinion. I've always been polite and respectful and that's always what I've gotten in return. You can't be mad at someone for doing their job. Lastly, YOU CANNOT BE MAD AT THEM FOR REPOSSESSING YOUR VEHICLE IF YOU DON'T PAY YOUR NOTE. I'm sorry but I don't buy the "I missed one note and they took my car". Yeah, I missed a note and they never once repossessed my vehicle. It's about communication. If you consistently set up a payment schedule to pay the amount YOU AGREED TO they will work with you. You should be thankful they even financed your car if you have bad credit. No other bank will even consider you. They are a stepping stone to rebuilding your credit so you can achieve lower interest rates in the future.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME!!! When I first got the car I was under the impression my payment would be $349.00 so a few months go by and they called and asked how would I be paying $2.85 that I was behind. So, I asked what $2.85. She informed me my note was $349.95 and that I need to pay the extra .95 cents for those 3 months!!! YESSS you read that right not even $3. So I added the $2.85 to my next payment. Now after almost 2 years of having a car financed through them (NEVER LATE excluding .95 cents) I called to see could I get an extension. My payments are due on the 6th of each month and I asked could I make the payment on the 25th and that I would pay the next payment as well (double up to keep from paying the service charge).

Her response "We don't extend payments that far!!" Really??? I wanted to explain my situation but I knew that witch would not understand! I'm a single mom of three children and being that school just start having to buy clothes, shoes, and supplies alone took a toll on my finances!! I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around. This company and the corrupt ones that work there won't have any luck!! I know they have to do their jobs but they could be more understanding especially to loyal customers! As long as I live I will never do business with them again and hopefully I can refinance because I'm fed up!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I bought a truck in 2016 and when I got it, yes my credit wasn't great but this company gave me a loan. I don't even think I paid attention to the interest rate because I figured it was going to be high, but the funny part is I have another car through the Credit Union and my interest rate with them is much higher than with my truck... go figure. Anyway to make a long story short, I missed a payment 3 months ago, how I missed it I have no idea until I looked at my credit report and sure enough I missed it, on time payer since day one. I'm single mom so how in the world am I going to double up, not happening, so I came to read the reviews on if they would work with you and GEEZZZUS, I was scared to call after reading all of these horror stories, BUT I called.

I don't know if we are talking about the same Credit Acceptance or not, but the lady I talked to HELPED me and she was nice and I told her I got on here to read the reviews and just about scared me into just taking the car back to the lot... but I didn't. She got me straight and on my merry way. When your credit is bad and you get a loan like this be thankful and if you miss a payment or something happens CALL them but when you call remember they are human too and if you call with an attitude you're probably not going to get the best service as I was humble because of all of ya'll lol. Have a nice day!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

This company is corrupt and are very deceiving. DO NOT EVER GET A CAR LOAN FROM THEM. I financed a car through them for $8,500 so I thought and two years later they are telling me I still owe them $9,000 because I borrowed $18,000 from them. I never received any paperwork showing $18,000 because I would have never paid that for a used car only worth $5,000. Please trust me go through a different bank because you will regret it if you don't!!! After paying on time for 2 years I was late on one payment and they repossessed my car and said I had to pay the loan off in order to get my car back. This company should be put out of business!!!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have been with this lender since Jan. 2016 and this company offers online payments but do not post the payments until after the due date. My payments are due on the 16th of each month and I have been charged late fees despite the fact that the payment was made on that day. This is the ONLY company that does that and the customer service there is the worst. I looked at my payment history and was amazed at how many late fees I have with this lender. If a dealership considers this lender when purchasing a car walk out because they epitomize the meaning of a vulture company.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I've been with Credit Acceptance since July 2018 and these people are terrible. Customer service people are not friendly on the phone. People are rude. I wish I didn't have to pay my car payment through these people. It's a pain in the butt to call on the phone. You can't set up an account online. It just a big waste of time. I wish I didn't have to do this. These people I'm not happy with them. I hate calling to make my car payment on the automated system. You call customer service. They have a crappy attitude. I'm sick of it. If they're customer service they should be a little bit nicer and friendlier and cheerful. That's what customer service is. Maybe they need to retake classes again 'cuz I'm not a happy camper...

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

This company needs to learn how to give a ** about customers. Talking with the guy who answer the phone just to let him know I will be late due to unforeseen circumstances and it was the epitome of a bill collector and I am not even behind yet. I told the guy I was negative and it would only be two weeks and I could catch up. This guy asked if I could pay anything... I said, "What part of negative do you not understand." Most companies would work with you but this company I wouldn't trust or the words that they say. Bottom line this place can suck it!!!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

In reading all of these negative reviews about Credit Acceptance I felt I needed to leave one since my experience was extremely positive. I'll give some tips and specifics on my situation since I noticed some common problems in these reviews that possibly led to their negative experiences. I had just come out of bankruptcy and needed a "new" car. My old car was starting to need work and was behind in payments. So getting a new car and rolling the old balance into the new loan seemed like the most efficient way to get a fresh start. The dealership set up my loan with Credit Acceptance with automatic payments coming out of my bank account. I was able to set the approximate date for when the payments would come out based on my budget. I will say that this is absolutely the best way to do it. This way you're never late.

The interest was high which is understandable given the situation. I paid my loan on time every month for a little over 3 years and then, when my credit and finances had improved, I paid it off. The entire time Credit Acceptance was extremely helpful, efficient and accurate during my dealings with them. I never had any problems with them messing up my account information or anything. This is likely because I never changed my payment agreement. I just made sure the money was there every month on time for when the debit came. It's really just a matter of being responsible and disciplined with your money and making sure to set your major expenses as priority #1 to make sure things get paid on time.

I paid off the car and they sent me a letter letting me know the balance was paid in full. They offered to make me a new loan the next time I need a car. Overall, my experience was extremely positive and I'm grateful to have a company that will finance a person right out of bankruptcy to help them get back on track. The lessons to take away that will make dealing with Credit Acceptance (or any creditor), from my perspective having gone through tough financial times and recovered, are as follows:

1. Get your budget together on a list with all your major expenses - rent/mortgage, car, insurance, food, clothing, utilities, credit cards, etc. Include the monthly due dates for each item on the list so you know when things need to be paid. You can also include fun things like the movies on the budget but DO NOT budget all of the money. Always have a cushion for an emergency or something special (birthdays, a trip, etc.). You should also include a percentage, no matter how small, for savings. Even $10 a week can add up quickly.

2. STICK TO YOUR BUDGET. Don't run to the store as soon as you get your paycheck. When you run to the store, you're not paying YOU, you're paying THEM (the store). KEEP YOUR MONEY. Don't make YOUR money, someone else's money. You can budget for the movies, or the club, or whatever also. But stick to your budget. If your so-called "friends" don't understand why you can't party this week. Tell them you're getting your finances under control. If they won't understand (I said "won't", not "don't"), when they're not really your friends. Get some new ones. Preferably friends who are in a financial condition that you aspire to. It WILL rub off on you. :-)

3. Set your payments to arrive a few days early (ideally a week early). This way if anything goes wrong, you have time to fix it. You can usually work with the dealer to set up your payment to start on the day of the month that is best for your budget. Using online banking to schedule payments in advance has been a godsend. It has helped me to improve my credit score while also keeping control of when the money goes out in my hands.

4. Log in to each of your payment accounts at least once a month to check balances, transactions, due dates, messages, etc. This will put you in control of the account and give you notice if anything is wrong before it becomes a problem. If you haven't set up bill pay for the accounts via your bank, then you can pay (and schedule payments for the month) through each account's system. You can get your entire month's payments done in a single hour or so one time per month. Then have nothing to worry about with regards to when to pay what every week.

5. STICK TO YOUR BUDGET AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE - If you forget, see point 2. above. Keep notes on your sheet about when payments are coming out. I check my bank and payment schedule with each paycheck to make sure all the money is where it needs to be on time. Note: Having more than one bank account can also help. One for bills and the other for spending & savings. Or better, one for bills & savings and the other for spending. This way you won't spend your bill money. Just don't carry the bill money card with you. :-)

6. If you run out of money or things are too tight, you have to do 2 things: A. Cut back your expenses to below your take-home pay; AND (not "OR"); B. Find ways to make more money consistently. This is possible. Don't let anyone tell you different. If someone is, see point 2 above re: "friends". Doing 1 - 6 above is how I was able to get my credit back on track and pay off my car 14 months early. Now I have a low interest loan on a newer, better car. I hope this helps anyone reading and also sheds some light on how to get a positive experience working with Credit Acceptance.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I got a car loan from them for a little over 8,000 and I was making my payments on time every month for 10 months then my vehicle got totaled so after the insurance and gap paid some of it off I was told I only has to pay $11.14 to pay off so mailed them a money order for that amount. I get a call from them stating I was suppose to send $12.44. I told them I was quoted as 11.14 and I asked the person 3 times before I sent it out to make sure and the person told me that it would be considered a settlement instead of being paid in full. And I mentioned also on my credit score that I still owed $27.00 on the vehicle. I was told they would fix that on my credit score. That was over 2 weeks ago and to date has not been corrected and I have not received my paid in full or settlement paper in the mail and also the woman I spoke to on the phone was very rude and disrespectful to me. I will not be getting another car loan through them ever again.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Back in February 2018 we paid off the loan. Payoff was around $7000.00 on a $18,800 loan. Well long story short we did this because they have repoed our Honda Accord Crosstour a total of 3 times. Once over 3 days late, once over 10 days late. We always made payment arrangements but they would continue to call and we would tell them that we have made this payment arrangement with another rep. The rep would always say, "Oh now I see it." So once it was paid off. We never got the title so My wife called last Wednesday and asked about the title. The car was in her name and my mother in law's name who had passed away in November of 2016. So they didn't tell her that we owed them any money.

Monday morning at 3 am I hear the alarm going off on the car and see the repo company had it lifted and had broke in so the alarm went off. The tow truck driver even said it showed a 0$ amount for the repo so we had to wait till 7 am and let them take the car. We called at 7 am and the said that we owed for a retitle fee, since her mother was no longer living she had to come off which is incorrect. It doesn't matter who is on the title. They're supposed to send the title and we fix that, and the repo $665.19 was the total. Well we have till 8/15/2018 to pay them this amount or they will sell our car that is PAID FOR!!!

Now if you have ever dealt with this company if you owe them 1$ they will call you non stop. So what they have done is against the law and I plan on suing this company for theft, lost wages, pain and suffering. And many other things... BOTTOM LINE DO NOT FINANCE THROUGH THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD AND THEY NEED TO BE OUT OF BUSINESS. I can't believe that our government allows this. I wish I would have researched this company. They will NEVER get any business if I have to stand out in front of every car lot with a sign.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

My car payment is due on the 15th of every month. I spoke to several representatives at this company to explain that I was going through a hardship and told them I would make a payment on the 30th. On the 30th, the money was mis-delivered by the postman. I informed CAC and scheduled a payment for 2 days later. When I informed CAC, the representative did not look at any notes on my account and was fussing and yelling at me about the payment being late. She said there is NO grace period so CAC expect your payment when they say it is due. This is the worst finance company I have ever talked to. The representative was full of attitude and kept yelling that I had to hang up on her. I have encountered the rude nasty attitudes with several of CAC representatives, the customer service is terrible.

Original review: July 26, 2018

If you are like I was, most likely you will not do research extensive enough to take advice from pre-existing customers or take someone with you to the dealership who knows their stuff. This has been the worst relationship with a company I have ever had. First, Credit Acceptance preys on the ignorant individuals. They do not have the best interest for their customer. Before you make your decision on receiving a loan you should accurately map out every last payment to complete your loan payments. The reason being, they will allow you to take an unrealistic deal, and knowingly allow you to fail based off of the information concerning your ability to pay. They allow the dealer to be misleading.

As a dummy customer I honestly regret and hope that proper authority stop loan companies from making deals with ignorant individuals as myself. It is a shame that Credit Acceptance is not decent enough to check itself on this. I have a +22% rate and was told that I could pay towards a principal balance. However, that was not the case and now I have to pay the entire loan off or a payoff amount that is ridiculously high for my salary. Everything is ok though. Hopefully someone sees this who didn’t have much guidance like me or finds any advice in it.

Original review: July 20, 2018

So I have been leasing my car through this company for 3 years almost. I've never had a problem. They were a little difficult at the beginning figuring out payments as to One agent was telling me a certain due date and another a different one. We've never been late. Until this month. And they repossessed our car in the middle of the night! Not only did they repossess it... They didn't even give us the ability to know and get our items out, and they didn't report it! In addition our car was dragged to the end of the street instead of lifted onto the truck... With our e-brake on so God knows what damage is done. So we had to file a stolen police report.

I called to pay the balance and got it paid and caught up to speed and the agent told me that they weren't going to charge us towing or any other charges because they illegally repossessed it without even reporting it. We had to have the police involved and everything. Such a nightmare. Not only that but I call to get the car released and now they're tacking on an additional $300 to our freaking loan! So we're having to pay an extra $70 a month when our car is almost paid off! Judging by everybody else's reviews we're not the only ones and this is apparently a thing with them when you get close to the end of your loan and close to ownership... So be aware. It's just a nightmare.

I wouldn't recommend this company ever! The representatives are absolutely horrendous to talk to! They used to be nice. I don't know what happened in there but now they're horrible absolutely no compassion and cut you off when you're trying to even make a payment. Um hello I'm paying you a ridiculous chunk of money a little respect would be nice. If we didn't almost have this car paid off I would be going an entirely different route but I'm just ready to pay it off and be done with them! Absolute nightmare even if you absolutely need a vehicle I would never recommend this company! They're sharks! Of the worst kind I'm literally appalled at the entire situation. I understand we were late and that's part of the small print... But the first time in 3 years and this kind of treatment? All because they could sell it... Absolutely appalling! A prime example of how crappy people have became.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Just paid my truck off with them. Thank God... I will never use them again. My payments was always due on the 15th of every month. I paid them on the 1st of every month. When I called in to get a pay off quote I told them I had never been late on a payment. They told me, "Yes you have last year for 4 payments." I said, "I have bank statements showing I have never been late. I have always been 14 days ahead. They told me, "Send us a copy." So I did and they was like, "I don't know why it's saying you was late." Anyway their sup fixed that.

When I paid the truck off I had to pay in 2 payments over the phone. 1st time they gave me someone else’s payoff because I only owed 2,330.94 and when it asked for account info I put it in and said bal was like 5,623 and some change so I hung up called them back. They gave me the right info then. Well I went on ahead and paid them off then they tell me they cannot even email me a 0 bal on the account. After 3 supervisors said they could then they tell me they will email it to me. Never did so I called back. They said we have to use fax not email...

But this is where it gets even better. They say they can’t find my account to send me a 0 bal to fax. They said my birthday did not match and I was verified through the auto system before I talked to someone... New car buyers please stay away from these people. My truck was only valued at 2100. I ended up paying them 300 a month even though my payments was 254 and they charged me 10,000 dollars them and the dealership I went through.

Original review: July 8, 2018

It was my fault for getting a new car but my old one had brakes that were about to give out, winter time was coming up and I had just got pregnant, so I wasn't going to risk my chances. It also didn't help that I went into a dealership not knowing how to buy a car. I had no help and my job was far. So it was either I stop working and have no money or work make payments and still have some money. I had been paying for my car faithfully for close to a year. As it was getting close to my due date I had to quit my second job. I guess I can't really blame them but still it sucked when they repossessed my car a month before my due date.

I shouldn't have done business with them. I wish the grace period was a lot better. They make a lot of money so why will it hurt to stretch the pay date almost 1 month and half later. If you don't get your money by the second month then take the car. They got close to $400.00 out of me a month. What a waste and I still have to pay them. I am now a stay at home mom, no job and they are suing me. I can't afford a babysitter. So they still are going to have to wait for payments anyways!!!

Original review: June 28, 2018

I don't recommend no-one to use this bank as a finance company. They repoed my car for a late payment and the fool saw me at the car could have came and explain to me but no he waited for me to go back inside at my job, made a block and came got the car. I talk to the bank a week prior. Told them that I would be making the payment late. They told me to pay 50.00 which I did and they still came got it. DO NOT USE THIS BANK.

Original review: June 19, 2018

After reading a few of these reviews about people's cars being threatened to be turned off I took apart my dash under the steering wheel and yes indeed I see a GPS and a shut off relay. I did some homework on YouTube and saw how to disconnect it and rewire my car to be able to start without their threats. So I'll be late on my payment because I'm going through a career transition and have to wait three weeks to get paid. Make sure you take your car to places that you haven't been before to hide it because while the GPS was connected they were tracking you every 6 hours and could see what popular locations you have been to as they try to recover the vehicle and leave you stranded. So now you know.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I got financing for my first 2004 Ford Escape with the claggy breaks. It was clean but engine needed some work. 3 year 36 payments. Credit Acceptance informed me that they were able to shut my car off if my payments fell behind. It was a struggle and I had great Insurance and Roadside assistance. I calculated 13,000 in payments made with 9 left to go. My car was repossessed after 5, 000 in repairs were made. They claim I was late. My car wouldn't start when the tow truck brought it home and further repairs and rentals were on me. They got a better car back plus made a profit, sold it for more than I owed them, and ruined my credit. They still want the balance about 1800. The car was worth 5 grand. But that really especially when you're trying to build credit and they set you up to fail. It's legal cause they get rich and we get played. One day somebody will catch this. Don't do it. It's not worth losing your hard earned money.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Got a loan through Credit Acceptance to buy a cheap car for the purpose of building credit. I made on time payments for over a year. When I went to a dealer to get a loan for a good car they bought out my loan from Credit Acceptance. One week after having thought my first loan was dealt with they collected another payment from my personal bank account. They admitted to getting paid by the dealer but claim to not know my loan was bought and refuse to refund my money. Never use them.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have a car financed through this company. I have been making my payments on time, as far as I knew, for the past 7 months. My husband was admitted to the hospital. I called to find out if I could postpone my payment by ONE WEEK. The girl on the phone was rude, first of all. She wanted details as to why I couldn't make my payments on time. Then she goes on to say that they've already been "letting me make my payments late each month" since apparently my due date is the 8th, but they draft the payment on the 15th. She then tells me they have no grace period, and that if I don't make my payment on the 15th, they will start the collections process on the 16th.

In addition to the exorbitantly high interest rate, they are not willing to help customers out. I wish I'd have listened to the bad reviews. I understand that my credit is not great, but it should not be legal to be able to push people around like this. I am so stressed out and was hoping, considering my good payment history, that I would get some help. I will be posting this review everywhere. DO NOT BOTHER WITH THEM. Wait until your credit improves and use a real company.

Original review: June 12, 2018

In 2010 I bought a 2007 Ford Taurus from Driveaway Motors. I paid on time and when I got down to only owing 2 months on the car, I was two weeks late and they repossessed my car when I was at work. I actually had the money in my purse and was going to Western Union after work to make the payment. When they came to get my car, I called my husband and he came to my job, the tow man said he would have to follow him to know where they were taking my car. In the meantime, my husband paid TWO payments to get me ahead and the fees to get my car out of hock.

When I called the customer service, they were their usual rude selves and then stated they appreciate me being quick about dealing with the late payment. I traded the car in the following month and GMAC paid them off ($335). They sent me a congratulatory letter and offered to refinance me another car, I said, "NO THANKS!" Well two years later I fell on hard times and had to get another vehicle with them. I decided this time I would pay on my own terms and now even if they come get the car, they cannot garnish my pay because I do not make enough money for them to do that. I will eventually catch up not because they are a good company, because my husband co-signed for me to get this car. I WILL NEVER get another car with these people again, when this one is paid off in 2021, I will tell them to never call me again in life!!

Original review: June 11, 2018

What happened? On 3/23/2017 I physically signed (ink signature) to purchase a used 2008 Jetta. Within a week the 08 Jetta broke down on the highway. I immediately notified (seller) Pleasant Valley Motors, Raleigh, NC (PVM) and told me to tow it to my home and PVM will tow the vehicle with their mechanic & fix the problem. While vehicle sat for a week, I had a mobile co. conduct a diagnostic. Results: rear brakes on driver-side were metal to metal and needed to be replaced, also clutch was not functioning, slave cylinder needed to be replaced, also nut that holds shifter mechanism down was broken and someone tried to weld it back and would need transmission to repair it.

On 3/31/2017 the 08 Jetta was finally picked up by Pleasant Valley Motors. In the interim, I had to rent vehicles to go to work etc. PVM, offered a vehicle in which they came unannounced to took the loaner due to them closing down abruptly. On May 12, 2017, with my 08 Jetta in their possession stated they were closing and I will need to pay their unknown mechanic the repairs. I requested for PVM to furnish a Mechanical Vehicle Report, location and status on the vehicle. I received nothing but back and forth confirmation from unknown reps upon PVM closing.

Please note: I received harassing phone calls from "Al" a sales agent with PVM that was never licensed to sell in North Carolina. Since May 12, 2017, PVM and their mechanic was never seen and my vehicle I never had in my possession to date. I informed Credit Acceptance about this entire ordeal and Credit Acceptance the lender stated they conducted an investigation on-site after PVM closed and they did not confirm nor provided me details results of their investigation such as date, time, agent who investigated this Auto Fraud etc.

In return, to date have accumulated bad credit reporting from Credit Acceptance, no vehicle in possession, no information from PVM owner about the location of my vehicle, the NC attorney general office did not even receive a response from PVM owner referencing my complaint, Credit Acceptance never to date confiscated/repo the vehicle nor did they conduct any investigation referencing my complaint. I am currently receiving harassing calls from unknown numbers.

I never authorized an electronic contract. The dealership closed immediately confiscated my vehicle that C.A.C. will not address. To date I do not have a vehicle and being force to pay a debt that I never authorized. The dealership Pleasant Valley Motors in Raleigh, NC disappeared. The CFPB will take steps to remove my personal information from this description but someone may still be able to identify me. Learn how it works. I consent to publishing this description after the CFPB has taken these steps.

What would be a fair resolution to this issue? I want Credit Acceptance to remove all delinquent credit reporting with debt validation. I want Credit Acceptance to forward me an investigation report of the agent that they stated conducted an onsite visit to the dealership that closed a few days after taking my vehicle and never returning it to date. I want Credit Acceptance to confirm recovery of the vehicle like normal Auto Finance Companies practice. I strongly request that Credit Acceptance in "Good Faith" refund me my initial cash deposit and only payment I made.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I had a accident in my car Feb 20, 2018 and got it towed to a shop the next day, since I had no insurance I had to pay for the repairs out of pocket. My mechanic has had it for three months and won't give it back after paying him $3,000. I called Credit Acceptance to see if I could get the location on the car since there was a location device on it, they told me I couldn't get the location of the car until I had a police report. I couldn't report it stolen because it wasn't taken from my possession so it was considered civil.

Through those three months I never missed a car note, so when I finally became a week late I called and explained it again and they asked was there any who could pay it, or what day can I pay it and if I had still had a job. They never cared about the fact that I paid my car note for 3 months even without having it. The supervisor was no help and neither was the complaint department. They told me I could do something like an abandonment so they could repossess it and I could pay to get it back. The next week I called to put ABAN (abandonment) on it. They said I couldn't do it... the supervisor said, "Well I hate this happened but just make sure you pay the car note..." Most uncaring, unprofessional, rude and annoying company ever.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Don’t get a loan with Credit Acceptance. They filed court papers for a vehicle they repossessed and sold it for 900 and want 9000 from me. I was a co-signer and informed them where the owner was. The owner contacted them to set up payments after they filed yet. They still had a judgment against me. I don’t owe this debt and I would like for them to remove my name from this debt. I will be taking this back to court because I have informed these people I don’t owe this debt and they can’t take someone to court for triple the amount they sold that vehicle for.

Original review: May 29, 2018

I missed a payment back in August, then was 2 days late on September's payment. The payment was made the morning of the 2nd day. They then proceeded to repossess my car that day. So I paid to get the car out and made a payment arrangement. I was told that I can't make that months payment because it was already 2 days past due. They said they would roll it to the end of my loan. A couple weeks later, I'm getting repo calls again. When I called to see what's up, they said I must have misunderstood. I made another arrangement. A couple weeks later, same thing.

I finally made another arrangement and have been paying faithfully some November. This month's, I was a couple days late. Now they're saying that I am a little over a month behind and now, I'm in another payment arrangement. I get a different story every time I talk to these people. I feel like I'm never going to pay this thing off. They are crooks. If anyone knows of a class' action suit, please contact me.

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Information