1.26/5

Looking for a loan company?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

607 Credit Acceptance Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Credit Acceptance hasn't caused me any real issues themselves. Although their warranty company has been a nightmare. I am set up on ACH so my payments are automatically taken out. I have spoken to Credit Acceptance and the warranty company twice about my service issue. The first lady with Credit Acceptance I spoke to didn't seem to care and acted as if I was lying about contacting a lawyer. The second call was a lot more professional. The customer service rep listened and took action sending my claim to the legal department. I purchased my vehicle on 9/17/18. Since then I have had multiple service issues. I also purchased a warranty through Credit Acceptance with Superior Warranty Plan.

As of today I have been 51 days without my vehicle due to my transmission going out on 12/16/18 and now being transported to 3 different Auto shops due to 1 shop declining to start repairs because they are afraid of not getting paid from the warranty company. 51 days of on time payments and full coverage insurance payments being paid for a vehicle I don't even have in my possession.

The warranty company is wanting the auto shops to tear down the transmission, have a claims adjuster come out inspect the transmission and find the key point of default. However, the warranty company is not willing to pay for the teardown and labor of the transmission. I have been advised I can pay for the teardown and I would be reimbursed but it's not a guarantee of a 100% reimbursement. I feel as if the warranty company is more of a hassle than a blessing. This has been a learning experience moving forward. Best of luck to anyone using the Warranty for the powertrain.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I bought a car in the year 1999. I was garnished on three separate occasions. Total garnishment was 2201.29, to which 549.0 was taken by way of STATE TAXES. As of the year 2017 this company was allowed to garnish my paycheck. They have changed the original garnishment on three separate occasions. Credit Acceptance utilized a lawyer with a suspicious and unscrupulous practice, HOWARD ALAN KATZ, WHICH ACTIONS ARE DOCUMENTED WITH THE DETROIT FREE PRESS, concerning debt collection cases. I have been advised to complain to the Office of the Attorney General for this thirty-five year debt collection. This is my personal experience and it's not fiction.

Get expert buying tips about Loan Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Robbers. I have them in court now. Judge call contract conscionable. They have the February 13 to have the appeal paperwork There. The law we’ll get Credit Acceptance And when I tried to talk to them they treated me like I was the dumbest person in the world. So I guess me and the Judge dumb. I’m doing my case pro se Lawyer’s is too greedy. What they trying to do is to get me a arbitration. It’s too much illegal activity in my contract for arbitration their activities must be stopped

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've had to deal with more than one poor credit financier, unfortunately, but true. The one before this was strict, but you knew everything upfront--no shady backdoor dealings--and they worked with you fair and square. I've purchased 2 cars to the finish with them--no problems. Would recommend Superior Auto to anyone in a poor credit situation. Made the mistake of going to a dealership thinking I was making progress to purchase my current car on regular payments. This is when I got set up with these snakes!! Oh my, what a terrible mistake I made just trusting the finance department. First wrong turn: I had to agree to a $1500 warranty or no note. "That's how it is now." I was told. Lies. I should've trusted myself, stopped them there--shame on me.

Then, due to cascade of interesting issues (starting with a problem with the new payment card, then, them saying they tried to call but I'm never getting calls, them saying they sent a notice, but it went to my old address even though I updated my new address) I missed a payment and I don't get informed. I'm on auto-pay, I don't know anything so I just go along. For some reason, one month my check is late in the mail (my company pays once at the end of the month). So, I know everybody is going to be late, I'm annoyed about that, distracted, making calls, thinking about the late fees, because it's going on a week. I get ready to go somewhere and I'll be damned: My car is GONE!! After calling the police, I embarrassingly discover it's been REPOSSESSED for being 1 month and a few days behind!!! Are you KIDDING ME???

I had to pay $350 something in payments and fees (not so much $$ applied to payments part) PLUS the $150 tow fee PLUS $110 to the damn repo people who BROKE MY WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID HOSE AND REFUSED TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT AS DID CREDIT ACCEPTANCE, to get my car back!!! What a hustle for you Credit Acceptance!!! This process took several days, many phone calls and much inconvenience. Not to mention, Credit Acceptance straight up lied when I asked them what it would cost to get my car back. Let's not forget they damaged my credit over it, too. Oooh wee!!!

All that and for what? Because they really believed they were going to KEEP MY CAR. THAT WAS THEIR ENTIRE PLAN. Just look up how they work. This happened to me about 6 months after purchase. They thought: Not enough time to run up the miles and it was a good purchase price, she's got a secure job, we'll make the money both ways. But no no no, not today, snake pit.

I had the money all along. Could've gave them their payment any time. FORTHRIGHT COMMUNICATION. That's all that was needed. But they lie. They're sneaky. They use shady business practices. They're not upfront. They use the Detroit court systems to build their profit margins and if you think I'm joking, look it up. There's hundreds of other poor/bad credit lenders out here and I don't see them reported on negatively by top magazines nor with 1.5 star ratings by literally thousands of customers. JUST THIS ONE. RUN!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

The most heart wrenching part of this whole loan is that we have already paid the entire value of the principal of our truck, we missed JUST ONE payment and on the 10th day they would not accept arrangements and the customer service agents call and threaten us to turn the vehicle off! How does this help a person to get back on track with payments!? Another huge problem that people will have is if you are applying at a dealership they will lie, cheat and approve you by any means needed to get your loan, and the dealership will lie to you and then you find out what you REALLY signed up for after they finalize your loan documents! Absolutely RUDE, INCOMPETENT PEOPLE!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I needed a car in a short amount of time because my vehicle was destroyed in a hurricane. I went at the urging of a friend to a "local" used car dealer and they got me a loan through Credit Acceptance. My credit was 700+. I paid my payments on time every month for 3 years then one month I thought I paid my payment and it didn't go through, there was no notice that it hadn't gone through. I called 6 most later for a pay off and it was then I was verbally accosted by a service representative. This happened twice in the 4 years it took to pay off my loan. I paid off my loan and this company reported that I didn't pay my payments on time at the end of my loan, which was not the case. Now my credit is 529... NEVER use this company, if you don't have bad credit, you will when you pay the loan on time and pay it off.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

My husband in 2016 got a van financed through them. We haven't had too many issues, I make payments. I have missed a couple but made them up and paid partial as we own our own company and were stiffed about $70,000 by a contractor so things have been tight and semi went out of business, still made payments. Guess a couple got returned for insufficient funds that were there but for some reason weren't. I have no idea. But we have never received phone calls, notices in the mail and in Colorado they have to send a "right to cure" before repossession.

Well that didn't happen and I was not aware of the situation or the account somehow being behind until the repo guys showed up today (1/21/2019). They were waiting for my husband to come with the key because the van had a flat tire so he was borrowing a vehicle, came in the house because my cell phone died. Heard them tear out of my driveway van in tow which contains 100% of our company's equipment as well as other personal effects like the 10 ladders strapped to the roof and to top it off they dragged the flat tire across the driveway leaving marks and most likely damaging the vehicle. I was on 2 phones trying to get something worked out while it was being hooked up to the truck (not a flatbed either).

The office lady at the repo office said the 3 repo guys peeled out of my driveway like they did is because I slammed the front door, when you walk in in a bit of a hurry it shuts hard. Everything in and on that vehicle are our source of income. Could have been avoided if they actually called to let me or my husband know something was up with the account or there's missing payments. Heck it would be helpful had the online customer accounts actually provided account information such as payment history. Things like that. It shows a balance of $12,000 on a $14,000 vehicle and we've already paid $12,000 to date.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have never met a company that was more unprofessional or dishonest as this place is. We have the opposite of poor credit. We have great credit, no credit history. We generally pay for everything with cash and we were told because of this, we were basically considered just as bad of a risk, as someone with bad credit. Go figure.

So, we got rooked into this hell-hole company for that very reason and let me tell you they are nothing but lying, deceitful, crooks. We signed up for their automated payment scheduler. It didn't take out our December payment as promised, they say that you can reschedule your payment date to work with your pay schedule and allow you to change it. We just found out that not only did they not take our automated payment as agreed, they also refused to honor the change in payment date that they agreed to less than a month ago.

They said that any payment date changes made on the automated system are not valid and you are considered late. Which I argued the fact with them. That is their systems for their business and they should honor what they offer. The woman again told me that it is not honored. That we had to pay December and January payment now or risk having our vehicle repo. That they are not responsible for any payment related issues due to their automated system, that they will not notify you that a payment was not processed or that they failed to receive a payment from you. It's your responsibility to verify any missed payments or otherwise in their system. If you don't tell anyone that is a problem, how will they know to fix it? She said that's not our problem, that's yours.

Seriously, I have never heard of any company not trying to assist their customer's to make their business experience as great as it can be. Very deceptive business practice indeed. As soon as, our building revolving credit issue is resolved. We are so refinancing this vehicle with our local bank. Honestly, now I see why folks hate these types of sleazy finance business. Unethical, dishonest and truly disgusting business practice and unscrupulous morales for any business.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

If you are writing a bad review about Credit Acceptance that means you were or are in a position where no one else would finance you. I am not here to judge anyone although if you have gotten a loan from this company that means that for whatever reason your credit sucks. You know why. Not for me to point it out. For me I am so grateful for this company. At 51 I am semi-retired and moved to Mexico about a year ago. Shortly after moving there was hit head-on by a wrong way driver right at the boarder. My 2007 Camry Hybrid was totaled. I was ok and the people who left the California plated car fled the scene. My insurance was supposed to be in line but although I had Mexico Liability coverage My insurer failed to put an endorsement on my policy. Found out the car that hit me was reported stolen by its owner 3 days later. Their insurance company denied any claim as well.

My income is from driving Uber and Lyft. So no car no income. In addition I had a balance that was unpaid on the totaled Camry. Now to get financed with a lower than 500 credit score and income from Uber until I found a dealer who was able to get me financed through Credit Acceptance. I had 200 bucks and the dealer took a partial down payment, paid off 800 additional deferred and that was a year ago. The payment is high at 400 a month. Interest is high as well. I am able to drive for Uber and Lyft once again.

Got sick before Christmas and fell behind in two payments. Have another coming due. Think I can get it caught up in a week or two but they did work with me. Everyone who is writing all bad reviews well You're Financed and have a car from this company. Your credit sucks for a reason. Sometimes not your fault even. Mine was from bad life choices and some things I could not control.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. DO NOT FINANCE. The worst company to ever finance through. They will repo you after one missed payment. If you fall behind but start to pay they will still repo you for a very small balance at any time. They have no loyalty or consideration for the customers. They take your money and the moment you fall behind they will repo right away. Worst mistake of my life. Balance never goes down they constantly add fees. They could care less about you. They are unprofessional and disgraceful. Don't use them as a financer. You will regret it and pay for it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Credit Acceptance is full of ** and so was the deal that sold me the car 2011 Hyundai Sonata. The car was worth $10,000 and the loan is $10,000. We made every payment on time but check this. The memorandum title was typed it wrong so we have no tags until they get an email out. I forgot this is the second time that this is happened in the last four months but we still pay $100 a week to Credit Acceptance a ** company.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

My husband and I have purchased a Nissan in October of 2018. We have made payments on time. In December I called to see if I could defer the payment for that month so we could do Christmas for my children due to I was down one income. I was told that they don’t do that. This is the first company that I have known that will not work with you for anything...so I was told about how I can make a payment arrangement. I did so for January 7th. Well January 4th came and my husband's check wasn’t enough to cover the payment arrangement so I called to see if I could extended it just by a few days. Then I was told that I didn’t make the arrangement for the 7th and that it was made for the 4th. And I said no I have records that I sat it for the 7th. And she proceeds to argue with me that it was set for the 4th. Then she told me that this is the second payment arrangement that I have made on my account...when it was not.

Then I asked how is that possible because I am the only person who calls and deals with this account on payments and anything else... She didn’t have any answers. Then I asked, "Ok. When was the last time I made this so called payment arrangement?" Then she told me that it was in October. I asked how in the hell is that possible because that is when I got the vehicle? Again had no answer. So just now I went to look at my bank account and my lone only to find that they have not taken out the payment for the vehicle but they took out the 3.95 fee for technology use. So I have only had this vehicle for 3 months and I am already having problems with them. Most of the complaints from the people here have had their loan or vehicle for a year at least. Not me. I am going to look into a lawyer. It has helped me verify that this company are criminals.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I bought a truck in August 2016. I had the payment set up to automatically come out of my account by weekly. For over 18 months not an issue. I became unemployed the first of 2018. I had enough in savings to carry me until the first of July. I called Credit acceptance to let them know my status. I did not find employment until the end of June. I called them again and set up the payment plan as it was before. When I called both times, the people on the other end of the phone were as unprofessional as they could get. I asked to speak to a supervisor, he proceeded to tell me I was 3 payments behind. I asked him how that could be, whereas with all the payments I had made put me 5 payments ahead. His math did not add up.

To make matters worse, the day after a payment was due, the phone calls started. 8-10 calls a day, every day. I told the supervisor that that was against the law in the state I lived in. He laughed and said they were within their rights, even after I told him where to look up the laws. Unfortunately I found myself unemployed again the first of November. I called to let them know what was going on. The woman on the other end stated if I did not make a payment they were sending someone to repo the vehicle. I again informed her of state laws the require them to send out a letter 2 weeks prior with the date and time they planned to take the vehicle. She told me they did not have to any such thing. That they had people located in my state that took care of all that.

So again I told her what the issues were. What the laws are and basically was treated as if I was beneath them. It was bad enough that the price was double what the vehicle was worth. But to dismiss any attempt I made to keep them abreast of my situation. I have heard of loan sharks, but Credit Acceptance Corp make a loan shark look like a goldfish! It's one thing to charge a high percentage rate on those trying to get back on their feet. It's a totally different treat them with disrespect and cause unnecessary stress. As a veteran, I defended our country from terrorism. Only to see it dished out from a company that thinks it's helping. For those who have fallen prey to this company, you have my deepest sympathies! To anyone who believes Credit Acceptance Corp is their only hope. I say keep looking!!! Best of luck!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

My husband has a car loan through this company. If you are behind at all they will call you nonstop all day everyday. I checked my voicemail and had a message left by them. Clearly the man didn't realize my voicemail was recording and he was whispering to an associate about how he didn't care if it was ten cents or not. He was going to and I quote "** them as far as he can go with it." When I called it in to complain of course no supervisors were available. But the nice women on the phone told me she could see the man had called us six times total that day because they record all calls and she would have her supervisor call me back. Although I haven't heard back of course. I have the voicemail saved and will be reporting it the FTC as soon as the government shut down is over.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

A few months ago I decided to change the email address on my credit acceptance payment page. I did always receive email correspondence about payments made on my previous email address, now since I have the new email I have not received any email with payment confirmation. I have emailed customer service about this issue, and yet nobody has replied. Their fees are with no doubt extremely high sky. I am barely making a living after making my car payment. The payment on my car is seriously endless. It is very obvious that Credit Acceptance Corp. take advantage of many people in need. Truly disgusting and disgraceful business.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Financed a Jeep through C.A.C. Was told I would get a rebate after reading it in. They changed the payoff balance to match the rebate overage. Never! Never! Never, finance a car with them. Dishonest!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Customer service is very unprofessional. I have been paying a loan for one year on time and I don't see my balance going down. I've tried asking as if why and requested payment history but nothing has been resolved. My lawyer has also contacted them to try to get my payment history and still nothing. Big mistake of me to have purchased a car loan through Credit Acceptance!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I bought a Nissan and unfortunately financed through C.A. My loan was for 8,000. 2 years later I still owe them 10,000. How is that freaking possible? How? I need to talk with a lawyer about getting out of this predatory lending company's finger grips because there is no way in hell I still owe them 10,000 2 years later for a car that is only valued and 6 grand at best.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

If you can avoid getting a loan from Credit Acceptance, please do by all means! When I got my car I agreed to do auto pay on the days that I got paid, so they could get their money on time and to also help my credit. The very first two payments they failed to take out. When I would call to speak to someone about the situation, they would have nasty attitudes and didn't want to speak to me about it. It wasn't until after I tried making the payment myself when they decided to call and say they were going to repo my car.

I tried explaining to them that auto pay was set up and they were the ones not doing their job. They then told me that someone had cut it off, so I asked that being it was their fault could they just move the missing payments to the end and start taking the money out, they told me no. I then told them that I would be getting my lawyer involved. When they talked to my lawyer they told him that the payments were late because I didn't have money in my account (which was a lie). So now my credit score has dropped 78 points because of them. Also, I received a new debit card and called them to switch my information, they told me no, if I wanted to do that tell my lawyer to call them and do it for me.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

We financed a vehicle through this company and was set up for auto pay. Everything was going great for the first couple months and then somewhere along the lines they stopped taking out our payments and we unknowingly fell behind on our payments. The repo guys showed up at our doorsteps two days prior to Christmas to repo our vehicle so we called them and the First Lady was very polite however we had to speak to a manager to stop the repo from happening and she was very rude and irrational in every way shape and form.

This was disgusting how unprofessional she handled everything. We had pulled out money from our account before this happened to put in Christmas cards for our families. So we was only 10 dollars shy of a full payment and the manager was very unreasonable and had to beg to let me call my friend who happened to be on vacation to cover the other 10 dollars on his bank card that we was short from our bank card! This was just ridiculous to have to go through all of that especially 2 days before Christmas. It’s not like we totally disregarded our account. The fact of the matter is something went wrong with our autopay and was never notified. It is a big shame that a company allows people like that deal with customers and this will most definitely be the last time I deal with them after this incident.

By the way they stack the interest up so high that it’s next to impossible to ever get ahead of the loan to where you could trade it in so if you plan on dealing with this place just be prepared to stay upside down during the whole entire loan and deal with horrible managers if they screw something up and Blame you for it. I would most definitely consider all other options before you even begin to consider this organization. You will be very disappointed on how you are treated as a customer!!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

The people that run and work for this company are the most incompetent bunch of idiots you will EVER encounter!!! My vehicle was repossessed when my car note was NOT behind! The embarrassment and frustration for something that is completely their fault is beyond frustrating!!! I spoke to the reps at Credit Acceptance... They “apologized for the inconvenience” but said they can’t do anything until in the morning! My vehicle is my only means of transportation to work tomorrow! This isn’t the first issue I’ve had with them! The repo guy was polite, but stated that he was there because his report says that my account is 75 DAYS past due!!! I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry! It wasn’t his fault, but that was A COMPLETE LIE!!! I will NEVER purchase a car with them again! I wish there was some way to hold these people accountable for this kind of stuff! This company is a sham!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

We've been dealing with them for a car loan and never really had an issue until recently. We fell behind on our payments 2 months. Mind you the last time it happened they blew up my phone, sent letters and emails for their payment. I spoke to their ** customer service and they said we were fine to make the payment by the end of the month, ok cool. Well someone didn't do their job and put this information and they repoed our car so I called them and was told I never called and they can't pull the recorded audio. She also told me it's a courtesy to call me and send the letters out and also told me that I couldn't have auto pay set up when I'm behind but the managed to take November's payment through auto pay. So I asked to speak to someone above them then she tried to tell me she could pull the audio. I said no it's ok I'll take it up with the higher up. She lied and said the higher up has the same number as the repossession line. Ok liar.

Today I called the repo line and they said my total was 874. I asked how they got that number when I pay 290 a month and the late fee is only 14 dollars a month the total should only be 636 which is what I was told was owed on the paper from the tow guy who took the car. She (with her nasty attitude) told me they couldn't tell me anything until I gave them money so I proceeded to get an attitude back and said, "I'm not handing over almost a grand I don't have until you can tell me why it's so much higher than I was told previously." She said, "I cant til you pay." What company cant tell you why you owe so much on your account?

I can call rge or any other company and they could tell me what every fee is for. They are not professional at all, their call service needs retraining on how to do their job and how to be respectful to customers especially if they aren't giving you attitude. They higher ups really need to start giving repercussions to these employees cause by the way they act and talk to their customers I'll assume they don't cause this one's not the first one to give me attitude and be rude when I wasn't being rude to her. They have all your account information but can never answer questions about fees or why is it so high. I will never use them again, they are lucky we've worked hard on fixing his credit or I'd say ** off and let them keep it I'd definitely stay away from them if possible.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

After paying on this auto loan for a few years they are still saying we owe more than financed and reporting to the credit bureaus that it's a charged off account due to natural disaster! How can a vehicle say it's repossessed but still in my driveway? When I called them to correct the issues they did nothing to help!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I foolishly allowed Nissan at Southtowne talk me into buying a car and going through their "second chance" lender. Then I found out, it's not Nissan's lender. It's Credit Acceptance. They said I had to be on auto pay. I set it up. THEY failed to take the first payment, then immediately came after me for a late fee. I had it set up to take the payments twice a month every other Friday. I realized I was screwed with these guys so I paid the fee and what they claimed I owed.

I then verified that I had the payment plan set up properly. I was assured everything would be fine, that I was even $60.00 ahead. Then just this past November (2018) they only took ONE payment! AGAIN! And I have a missed payment fee and am now behind $250.00 according to them. I demanded to see my payment history and they told me they had to mail it to me because they don't keep that stuff online for their own customers to see. I hate this place. I won't even do business with Nissan anymore for suggesting them!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Please avoid this company at all cost. If you fall behind with your payment by even a couple of days they will add on so much interest that you will end up not being able to afford your payments. The customer service team will not listen to reason unless you have money to give to them. Unapproachable with no common sense. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I purchased a car from this company in 2014. When I got close to payoff they repossessed my car the day after I made a payment. They sold my car right away without giving me an opportunity to try to get it back. This year the IRS informed me I owed a tax on this car of $440. I have no idea what information they gave the IRS to charge me anything. They never put anything on my credit report and refused to speak to me when I tried to get my car back. So if you are told by a car dealership this is the only company you can finance a car with go somewhere else. I wished I had read reviews before I got my car.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I got a vehicle on November 1st through Credit Acceptance. Three days later got a acceptance to another credit company Paramount with Credit Acceptance instead of them. On December 2nd Sunday morning by 10 a.m. they're calling question why I'm late. I told them I was going to go ahead and pay it and he continue to persist, "Why are you late?" I said, "It's Sunday morning. I thought it was the first but evidently it's the second." I finally hung up on him. That is ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Been dealing with them for 9 months, closer to 10 but 9 payments. Went to trade this pile off and credit shows only 4 reported payments. They charge me $4000 in fees right out of the gate. A $6000 car became close to $11000 so now I have a car Black Book valued at $3200 that I owe $9200 on for a 10 day payoff. Steer clear!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Customer service employees at Credit Acceptance is by far the rudest individuals you will ever speak to. They will always talk over you. Be snotty and act better than you. One representative will say, "Yes this is in the system", talk to the next, "No you're wrong. It's not in the system". I cannot express the disgust I have with this company's employees.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I was notified by a customer that she had recently incurred hail damage on her 2014 Chevrolet Impala. My wife and I own a small Paintless Dent Repair business and have been in business since 2010. She informed me that she had Dairyland for coverage but that her vehicle was financed through Credit Acceptance and Dairyland had issued a check for repairs directly to them. So we made the arrangements to get her vehicle in for repair. First off after contacting Credit Acceptance to find out what the original check from Dairyland totaled to see if it was anywhere in the ballpark of what my estimate would be. They wouldn’t share that information and told me that they would need an estimate from me for the damage. I thought this was rather bizarre because they had already received a check from Dairyland and all I had to do was consider what they had received and write a supplement if I felt it was not enough.

So anyway I wrote the estimate for the total damage including the labor for the hail repair, the replacement parts and labor to remove and install them. The estimate was accepted by Credit Acceptance and I began the work, ordered the parts and paid for them out of my pocket. The repairs took me five working days and as I finished my wife contacted Credit Acceptance and she was told the check would be sent out on the 7th. of November so I delivered the repaired vehicle on the 10th. By the 14th. I still had not received payment for the services I had provided so I called them and was told the check wasn’t sent out until the 9th. So I gave it another four or five days, called them back and was told the check wasn’t sent out until the 13th of November. This was the third time I had been given three different dates to which the check was supposedly sent.

Now keep in mind that this is a very small business that rendered services in a very timely manner to the customer. She was thrilled with the quality of work and expedited service. The total bill is $6,900.00 minus the $567.00 for parts and the $162.00 in labor that came right out of my own pocket. Today is the 24th of November and I still have not received a check for my services. You also should know that I had to travel 120 miles, rent and stay in a motel for 5 nights and live. We live in a very rural area of Arizona and the lady to which I performed the repairs for only had that vehicle and none other, lived 60 miles out of town in the desert with two little kids so when I was finished I released the vehicle to her.

What I’m trying to say is that I’ve been nothing but accommodating and patient in this situation and all I’ve received for that so far have been rude, snide, and very non understanding representatives from Credit Acceptance somewhere back in Michigan. They won’t even tell me exactly what city they are located in. So to make a long story short, if you're into Auto body or Paintless Dent Repair and a customer brings you a vehicle that has been financed through Credit Acceptance do not work for them! They will lie to you, treat you rudely and are very unprofessional. I will never do any work for them in the future and if I’m not paid soon and by that I mean in the next day or two they will be hearing from my attorney.

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Information

www.creditacceptance.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.