Credit Acceptance Corp

• 7%
  • 8%
  • 62%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit Acceptance Corp?
    Price

Reviewed July 9, 2024

Alright, I have been with Credit Acceptance since 2022, had some things happen financially in 2023 and been trying to get caught up on my car payments ever since, when I went back to find out why my car payments have been so much they tacked on 714.00 in interest alone!!! It is like when you are getting caught up they make sure that you can not get caught up at all and from January up until now which is July of 2024 I have paid almost 5k but yet still behind 1500.00 because they like to tack on 714.00 dollars worth of interest. Trust me. If you have other options take it. I am begging you!!!!

Customer Service

Reviewed May 8, 2024

Terrible! So mean to a disabled college student. They don’t care that I was in the hospital and working with them, they still repossessed my vehicle. Amazing thing to come home to. They were very mean on the phone and made me pay 580 to get it back asap or they would sell my car at auction. Watch out for this company

Get buying tips about Auto Loans delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Price

Reviewed April 29, 2024

This company is beyond ridiculous. I purchased a car and it was financed through Credit Acceptance. A year and a month later I was in automobile accident at the other person‘s fault. It totaled my car. I had taken the gap insurance out through credit acceptance. It does not pay off the car if you owe a balance after insurance pays. It only pays a partial amount. Then on top of that after I signed the title over to the insurance company a car payment came due. I didn’t pay it because I no longer owned the car. The title had been signed over. They are charging me for that payment plus interest. Which totals $386. And told me that if I did not pay it by May 28 that it would be over $600 in interest would continue to be added on. They’re telling me the reason that they’re charging me for this payment is because they didn’t receive the check or the information from the insurance company before the payment was due. Like that is my fault?

Angela

They are doing the EXACT same thing as me. My car was deemed as a total loss. The insurance already sent a check to credit acceptance and I got GAP but they only took a little off what was left of the vehicle and are making me continue paying on it. I am at a loss. I don’t know what to do.

Reviewed March 15, 2024

Bought a car from a dealer, bought the warranty that cost 1475. A few months later the timing chain broke and destroyed the engine. Warranty says timing gear, chain and bolt. Turns out they didn't want to pay out to fix it. Now hit with a summons after giving back car. They auctioned it off and said we owe 7k. The summons says they want 12815.60. This company is terrible along with the dealers that use them. I strongly recommend to not touch them with a 10 foot pole.

Contract & Terms

Reviewed Feb. 28, 2024

OMG My truck broke down while I was out of state. I needed another vehicle that would tow. So I bought a used Nissan Armada. Got financed for $15,150. I was told 23.99%. My credit is down due to taking care of my mother with dementia… I signed contract only to realize my finance charges are 11,100+ And now I’m told they use a different calculator than ours!!! I’m paying almost 79% on finance charges!!! I like my credit but not enough to pay for no vehicle (that I didn’t even want in the first place). Stay as far away from this company as possible. I’ll be riding my motorcycle come spring. When they say 23% they should tell you that 23% is actually 79% on their calculator. You’re being mislead.

Alexis

Same here the price of the vehicle went up to $13,599 for a 2016 Jeep Cherokee that has been in multiple accidents that I was not made aware of and possible sub frame damage. The APR 23.99% w/ finance charge of over 11k including my $2800 down payment total in 66 mos they would get $27k off me. Did a payment arrangement as soon as I paid got hit w/ $448 interest charge.? And then again a few weeks later. I even paid early and got hit with $135 interest charge. PLEASE RUN!

Ina

I find myself in a similar siruation! For the life of me I couldn't figure out why after 3 years of paying on my vehicle that only a few hundred dollars had gone to the principal! This explains a lot. Thank you.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2024

This company is a rip off. They give insanely high aprs & if you’re in a situation you better prepare to be harassed. They don’t help in pandemics or deaths in the family. Horrible company all together. They made my credit go down 97 points after they claimed I was 30 days late. I had been on time for the last year and paid the same time every month. All of a sudden I’m late 30 days? They are terrible when trying to help with credit. It’s their way or no way!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2024

I have never signed a loan for a car with this predatory lender. All of a sudden I owe 14k on a Nissan worth 5k that a girl put of a drug rehab signed my name ad drove off. I'm a widow brain injury from wreck and now these vultures think this will fly. I researched they are in a class action lawsuit. Predatory and fraud. The case is in NY I will have to have a private attorney in my state sue THEM. BEWARE. THEY LET ANYONE SIGN ANYTHING.

Mr&Mrs

I'm going through the same thing right now. I'm getting ready to hire an attorney because we paid our car through credit acceptance done to 2000 and settle out paying 800 after they repossessed our car. Now there garnishing my wages for $9,000. I just found this out. I'm on my way to an attorney tomorrow ASAP. This is so sad

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2024

This company is absolutely horrible and fraudulent. I wish I could give 0 stars. I purchased a vehicle from them 17 years ago for 2,800.00. I had the car 3 days. It broke down leaving my new born son and I stranded on the interstate. I called them. They came to pick up the car and towed it to a shop. Called me a few days later stating the vehicle was going to cost 4000.00 to fix it. I told them I was not going to pay for the repair cost since I barely had the car for 3 days so they could keep it. I received a letter 3 months later saying they had sold the car at auction for 8000.00 and I was no longer responsible for the loan.

Now 17 years later my employer gave me paper work stating they're going to garnish my checks for another 7,000.00 and it will continue to get higher because they're charging a high interest rate. So I will never get out of the garnishment. I only work part time. I’ve contacted an attorney and was told they are breaking several laws so we will be suing them. I hope nobody ever goes through this company. They will screw you over for the rest of your life.

Profile pic of the author.
      Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2024

My car was totaled by a short man in a too big for him to drive truck. Rear ended me at a stop sign. I called Credit Acceptance to inform them of the accident and the other driver was 100 percent at fault. Gave them all the information they needed and was told they had it from there. I was also informed that I would be receiving money back for the rip off warranty I purchased at the dealership. Along with a lot of other ** I didn't need sold to me by the shady dealership that was getting kickbacks for selling me the trash. State Farm Paid off the balance along with my gap insurance. Instead of refunding me the remainder of the warranty I purchased they decided to apply it to the remaining balance before applying " their gap insurance". Magically making the balance zero. Not a penny more or a penny less. This is after they told me I would receive the remaining amount. Bold faced lied and stole from me and my family.

I never missed a payment. Not a single one! They already robbed me with their crazy rates and bloated ticket for services I didn't need or agreed to. These scumbags prey on people with less than good credit effectively making their situations worse. Do not accept a loan from this trash company or do business with any shady dealership that points you their way! You were warned! This is what happens to people who do what they agreed to do to the letter. People who follow the traffic laws and pay their bills on time. The ** who hit me is still driving. I have a messed up back and neck and no vehicle. No down-payment for another vehicle. I can't get to work now.

Customer Service

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

Actually, I did not know I owed them any money, I never went to court but got a letter from the court that was filed 23 years ago saying They were going to garnish my check, I was informed by the job that I took and I am a senior 75 years young—trying to keep my rent paid on time. I never knew I owed them any back money after 23 years. I don't remember the car I had and I filed for bankruptcy around that time, Those papers are long gone by now. I'm trying to get a copy of the past bankruptcy. But I never went to court and some law firm filed the paper for over two fifty thousand dollars so now they are taking 28% of my salary before I get paid. I tried to contact Credit Acceptance but they don't answer or put me on hold and don't come back to the phone and play music in my ear forever. I just don't know what to do at this point, My job is deducting the money. They tell me they have to take the money until the issue is resolved.

Credit Acceptance Corp Company Information