- Opening deposit required
- Overdraft fee
- $10 - $30
Bethpage Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution that has been serving the Long Island community since 1941. With over 440,000 members, Bethpage is one of the largest credit unions in the state of New York and offers a wide range of financial products and services, including checking and savings accounts, loans, credit cards and investment options.
One standout feature of Bethpage Federal Credit Union is its flexible membership policy. Anyone can join when they open a savings account with a minimum $5 deposit.
This requirement makes it easy for anyone to take advantage of the benefits of being a member, including respectable interest rates, low fees and access to a network of nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs.
Bethpage members appreciate that their credit union has:
- Easy membership requirements
- Decent annual percentage rates (APRs) for loans
- Student accounts
- Low fees
But Bethpage won’t be a good fit for everyone, given that:
- All its branches are in New York.
- Its general savings account has a low annual percentage yield (APY).
- Its ATM network is somewhat limited compared to competing credit unions.
There are currently no ConsumerAffairs reviews for Bethpage Federal Credit Union.