Arrowhead Credit Union
Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
About Arrowhead Credit Union
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Arrowhead Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative headquartered in Rancho Cucamonga, California. Founded in 1949, it offers a range of financial products, including checking and savings accounts, loans and credit cards. Arrowhead Credit Union aims to provide its members with low fees, competitive rates and exceptional customer service.
Pros & Cons
- Wide variety of accounts
- Some competitive APYs
- Involved in the community
- Limited service area
- Some monthly service fees
- Low APYs on some accounts
Arrowhead Credit Union is a reliable choice for those seeking affordable banking services and convenient digital tools. While its branch network is limited, it offers competitive rates on some accounts and personalized customer support.
Top Arrowhead Credit Union Reviews
I have been with this bank for about two years and have never, ever had an issue either … online or in person. The staff is always efficient and pleasant. When I have an issue wit...Read full review
Arrowhead of San Bernardino. Applied at multiple institutions for a home equity loan. Arrowhead had the best interest rates, terms and zero fees. Our home appraisal came in higher...Read full review
What is Arrowhead Credit Union?
Arrowhead Credit Union is a not-for-profit institution that offers a variety of financial products and services to its members. It was founded in 1949 and is headquartered in Rancho Cucamonga, California, with multiple branches throughout the Inland Empire region.
Arrowhead Credit Union's products and services include checking and savings accounts, loans, mortgages, credit cards and investment and retirement planning. The credit union also offers online and mobile banking services, as well as financial education and resources to help its members achieve their financial goals.
How does Arrowhead Credit Union work?
Arrowhead Credit Union is a member-owned institution that operates on the principle of cooperative banking. This means that instead of being owned by shareholders who seek to maximize profits, Arrowhead is owned by its members, who are also its customers.
To become a member of Arrowhead Credit Union, you must meet certain eligibility requirements, which include living, working or worshiping in the following areas:
- San Bernardino County
- Riverside County
- Select cities in southern Los Angeles County
- Select cities in Arizona or Nevada
Those who are studying in certain cities within southern Los Angeles County, Arizona and Nevada may also be eligible for membership. Membership is also open to state of California employees as well as the immediate family of current members.
Once you become a member, you gain access to the credit union's products and services. All deposits at Arrowhead Credit Union are federally insured up to $250,000 per account holder by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). This provides a layer of protection for members' funds.
Arrowhead Credit Union products and services
Arrowhead Credit Union has multiple financial products, including checking and savings accounts, loans, mortgages, credit cards and investment tools. Here’s a closer look at its specific offerings.
Arrowhead checking accounts
Arrowhead Credit Union’s checking accounts are designed to fit different financial needs. It has a standard account for everyday banking, an interest-earning checking account and a teen checking account for ages 13 to 17.
In addition, it has a Hometown Hero checking account for police officers, firefighters, military members, paramedics and Department of Corrections officers.
Arrowhead savings accounts
Arrowhead has a long list of savings accounts to help you reach your goals. In addition to its flagship Arrowhead Savings account, it also offers a money market account, the Generation Arrowhead account for ages 13 to 21, the Club Rocky account for children ages 12 and under and a Holiday Club account to save for end-of-the-year expenses.
For those looking for fixed returns on their savings, Arrowhead has several share certificates, which are similar to certificates of deposit (CDs). Its share certificates have terms ranging from six months to five years. Yields aren’t as high as at top online banks, but they’re better than at some traditional banks.
Arrowhead Credit Union presents members with a variety of loan options, including personal loans, business loans, auto loans, home equity loans and lines of credit.
Arrowhead Credit Union’s mortgage options include conventional loans, FHA loans, VA loans, nonconforming loans and jumbo loans.
Arrowhead credit cards
You’ll find two credit cards at Arrowhead Credit Union: an unsecured Arrowhead Visa card with no annual fee and a secured card for those looking to build credit.
Arrowhead Credit Union fees
Some of Arrowhead Credit Union’s checking and savings accounts have monthly fees. However, these fees can often be waived or avoided by meeting certain criteria, such as maintaining a minimum balance or signing up for electronic statements.
Here is a list of other fees associated with Arrowhead Credit Union’s accounts:
- $5 one-time membership fee
- $31 for overdrafts, referred to as “courtesy pay”
- $3 for nonnetwork ATM withdrawals
- $10 for returned deposit items
- $30 for outgoing domestic wire transfers
- $5 for cashier’s checks
- $2 for account inactivity, charged monthly after one year of inactivity
Arrowhead Credit Union FAQ
Where is Arrowhead Credit Union available?
Arrowhead Credit Union is available to anyone who lives, works or worships in San Bernardino County or Riverside County, California, as well as select areas in southern Los Angeles County, Arizona and Nevada. You can also join if you work for the state of California or are the immediate family member of a current member.
Does Arrowhead Credit Union work with Zelle?
Yes, Arrowhead Credit Union works with Zelle to provide its members with a convenient way to send and receive money.
Who owns Arrowhead Credit Union?
Arrowhead Credit Union is owned and governed by its members, who elect a volunteer board of directors to oversee the credit union's operations.
How much money can I withdraw from Arrowhead Credit Union?
The amount of money you can withdraw from Arrowhead Credit Union depends on your account type. Review your account’s terms or contact customer service for more information.
Is Arrowhead Credit Union legit?
Arrowhead Credit Union has been meeting the financial needs of its members since 1949. Overall, it’s a good option for individuals and families who fulfill its membership requirements and who are looking for a reliable financial institution that values community involvement, financial education and personalized service.
Arrowhead Credit Union Reviews
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,243,660 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
Our entire family each have been banking with Arrowhead Credit Union for over 10 years. We switched from larger bank BOA and couldn’t be any happier. I’ve received the lowest interest rate on both our new & preowned car purchases. And my visa credit card rate is also lower than my non arrowhead accounts. The only thing I wish is for credit card holders had way of locking credit card via website like my Citi & Capital one accounts in case you misplaced your card. It took about 45 minutes of being on hold for next available person during a mid-day week to be able to place a stop on my visa credit card. Overall all been happy customer with Arrowhead credit Union.
I have been with this bank for about 2 years and have never, ever had an issue either with online or in person. The staff are always efficient and pleasant. When I have an issue with my debit card, they remedy the issue very quickly and satisfactorily. They have industry standard hours during the week and on weekends. Their shared ATM access is never an issue either. I can readily find an ATM when needed with no surcharge.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
I have been with Arrowhead credit union for over 5 years.... I figured when covid-19 started I could depend on my bank. They posted all over the site, "We are here for you if you are struggling." So I applied for a $2,000 loan to help my family. They denied me. I asked for help about 3 times since the pandemic. I was denied each time. Mind you my account not once being negative. So this week I went to them and asked if they could refinance me with my car. I know I don't have the best credit but during this pandemic I have made all 18 payments on my car. They denied refinancing me. This is the worst credit union when you're in a bind. I wouldn't tell anyone to bank with Arrowhead credit union.
Hello I have been a customer with your bank. When I first signed up it was because I was starting up my company And amazon needed a credit card. I started a secured account with you. Later opening up another secured account. From there however I had nothing but a bad relationship with you 1. I opened a checking for just my Shopify sales. I had a Customer with a VERIFIED tracking COMMITTING fraud FOR A FREE ITEM. The customers bank was constantly trying to reverse the charge. I showed you proof in the bank but still You allowed me to constantly get the NSF fee even though it was fraud. By the time it was over the NSF fees matched the cost of the item. The manager said ‘I’ll waive this not those.’ I closed the account and opened it somewhere I dont have issues with allowing fraud. I had 22K accidentally DEPOSITED IN ARROWHEAD. I TOOK IT OUT IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS. I CAN'T BUILD A BANKING RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU ANYMORE.
2. Before I had issue one I I still thought you were a good bank. I opened a student account for my daughter, in front of my kid, the manager at the time grilled me about address stating that it was ‘strange’. I was at this bank not down the hill. I informed him my company was up here, but because of fraud I use my Moreno Valley address for everything. I informed him I lived at both and my company was up here. When he kept challenging me I said that if it was a problem I can bring him a utility bill for both addresses but I only want one address on my account. People can have 2 homes.
He demanded to use the Victorville and because I didnt want to make a scene in front of my daughter or talk at an employee in front of her I complied. Later I had to call the 1800 number to have it removed. My identity is very important to me as of this year a fraudulent account was opened in my name. Adding me to check systems. The only thing that saved me was I had one active address and if I wasnt coming from that address it was fraud. It was very disappointing to get that treatment.
3. I went to your atm outside of the bank. It took my money literally sucked it back or didnt shoot it out and I had to wait almost 45 days to get it back the next time. I went to the atm again .. thinking there is no way both atms are messed up. I went to the atm in the front of your bank to deposit in to the navy federal account and it took my money AGAIN. It said error and gave me half of my money back. The atm sent a error email to the manager at the time. You guys knew there was proof and you still didn’t give me my money back. Your bank managers RESPONSE IF was if I was depositing in to my Arrowhead account then Id be able to deposit it back in your word.. yet I was a account a account holder. Put it in my account now if that’s the case.. There was no jump to hand me my money in my account. I once again had to wait for 30 days.. I believe days for the count days for the report days to report back. I dont use your junky atms anymore.
4. I signed up for a credit card and the person that was filling out the app.. I think her name was Samantha said I was declined. (I’m sure you can look up the name again if you need to) I asked for a reconsideration with the loan officer because I knew my credit was solid and I felt it was a auto decline. She said ‘no it wont change anything‘ basically refusing. I decided to call myself. I had my account for a few years at the time I believe with no issues. I called, someone looked at it, they approved me for 2 thousand. I decided not to take it because a. It was only 2k and b. I had already dealt with too many rude associates bad experiences by now.
5. Now this? I had my account for years. No lates that I know of, Except for the time I was sick. I’m in and out of the hospital a weeks at a time dealing with COVID and the aftereffects of covid. Any activity I had going on the account was my family. I got a call asking me to pay. I told the collector I was just out of the hospital I will be in. I still got the late.. Banks usually work with you to avoid the late, this bank however does not. I asked for Leniency on the 1 late on 2 accounts because it was already on my credit even though I informed you about the hospital beforehand that’s it after years of being on time.
This is a SECURED account with no benefits unless you are building credit. I’m not. I have an 2 American Express cards affected during this time as well. Other banks are considerate when people get COVID dying in the hospital. This is horrible bank that can care less about it being a pandemic. It’s just business so I will be in to close my account, my husband, My daughter, my dad and his wife as well. It's nothing personal anymore.
My account was closed for being inactive for a year and when I went in to cash a check, the teller was in training for a short period of time and she was very knowledgeable and informative. The teller training her was very patient with the troubles of my situation. It took me 2 trips to the bank to finally get my account back up and I was ok with that because of how courteous and attentive the tellers were.
Arrowhead credit union called me and told me someone found my wallet and arrowhead will lock my ATM card. That’s great! Did the person say where I could come and get my wallet? Arrowhead credit union responded they cannot provide that information it is unsafe. Then she said I can come in and get a new card or she can mail me one in 4 to 6 Weeks. How’s the hell am I supposed to come in and get a new card if I don’t have a wallet with my drive'rs license!? She said, "Sorry that is the rules." That is one of the most stupidest rule I’ve heard at arrowhead credit Union. Now I have to go and apply for new driver's license with new credit cards new ATM card stupid stupid stupid! All we had to do was exchange the information for me and I could’ve got my wallet back....Jesus freaking Christ.
Just recently encountered a problem.... which was my fault. I have 2 bank accounts open at Arrowhead I have one account that is negative, and the other account is in good standing. So I accidentally deposited money (ATM deposit) into the negative account and I FREAKED OUT! So I called the call center and told them I made a BIG mistake and really needed that money to go into the correct account because I needed that money. They were so understanding to my needs and helped me out. They transferred the money out the negative account to the correct account. I've been a member with them since 2014, I've NEVER had any issues with the call center or the Riverside Branch.
This company is terrible and they are a bunch of scammers. Very rude customer service agents that are in some serious need of training! They claim there is no credit check but approve your loan and then collect more personal info and deny the loan after due to a mysterious credit check they claim they do not do. Just terrible all around.
We merged with Arrowhead CU in December, 2018 amidst a whirlwind of promises of expanded services and advanced online banking services. Their mobile banking app and website can be accessed only within the United States! Military and overseas workers cannot access their bank balances, loans, transfers, cleared payments. The internet is supposed to be worldwide. Arrowhead provides local service only. What if a member takes a trip to Europe? The app does not travel with you. If you run out of money, plan to phone and be on hold forever. This ancient technology and lack of internet access puts military families in danger of financial ruin.
Arrowhead of San Bernardino. Applied at multiple institutions for a Home equity loan. Arrowhead had the best interest rates, terms and 0 fees. Our home appraisal came in higher than expected so we were able to get a higher payout at 85% LTV. The only bad thing was that they don't take appointments to sign the closing documents. We had to wait in the lobby for more than an hour. A home equity loan is a premium product and they should take appointments especially since they only have 1 notary on duty.
Arrowhead Credit Union Company Information
- Company Name:
- Arrowhead Credit Union
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.