1.36/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Fontana, CA

Looking for a mortgage lender?

14 Arrowhead Credit Union Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This company is terrible and they are a bunch of scammers. Very rude customer service agents that are in some serious need of training! They claim there is no credit check but approve your loan and then collect more personal info and deny the loan after due to a mysterious credit check they claim they do not do. Just terrible all around.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We merged with Arrowhead CU in December, 2018 amidst a whirlwind of promises of expanded services and advanced online banking services. Their mobile banking app and website can be accessed only within the United States! Military and overseas workers cannot access their bank balances, loans, transfers, cleared payments. The internet is supposed to be worldwide. Arrowhead provides local service only. What if a member takes a trip to Europe? The app does not travel with you. If you run out of money, plan to phone and be on hold forever. This ancient technology and lack of internet access puts military families in danger of financial ruin.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Arrowhead of San Bernardino. Applied at multiple institutions for a Home equity loan. Arrowhead had the best interest rates, terms and 0 fees. Our home appraisal came in higher than expected so we were able to get a higher payout at 85% LTV. The only bad thing was that they don't take appointments to sign the closing documents. We had to wait in the lobby for more than an hour. A home equity loan is a premium product and they should take appointments especially since they only have 1 notary on duty.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Arrowhead appears good at first sight, courteous representatives and all but it's all face. Once you get into a loan app with them and you don't meet all the requirements that will approve you for a decent APR, they practically don't care about you or want to waste their time on you... and you'll know it. They'll make empty promises just to leave you with a good taste in mouth but you end up actually behind by going to ACU. I have had waaay better experiences at other credit unions! My suggestion... look to other financing options.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

Lie to you and smile while they doing it. You ask questions, they don't have an answer. They say they will get back to you while you're on hold on phone. I was on hold for almost 30 minutes and finally hung. Poor customer service. Try to have them investigate a fraudulent check. That has been a month ago and have not heard from them yet. They have a bunch of uneducated dummies working there that have no clue as to what they doing. Worst bank I have dealt with ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arrowhead Credit Union?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I too was enticed to sign up at place of employment. They offered lower interest rates than any other banks. When I was ready to purchase my car I applied for a loan at Arrowhead which I was declined. I have never been declined for a loan. It did hurt a bit. I then went to Toyota. They offered a zero interest with zero down. Ten months later we purchased another Toyota with zero interest. So it was Arrowhead loss. I have not missed a payment on my car.

Original review: May 11, 2016

Geez I was with this bank because they showed up at my job and were promoting their services and whatnot and offered us permanent employees free lines of credit. I said "hey what a cool offer"... Boy, I wish I saw these reviews prior to leaving my regular bank. The line of credit was not the issue it was just overdraft protection. The reviews on here regarding Arrowhead's customer service is very true and accurate. They have no customer service when you go into the branch especially the Riverside location. You have rude women who talk to you crazy, treat you like you have to be there to bank and also are unknowing regarding financial information you ask.

Do not dare call customer service and tell them you were overcharged because you bought a product from Amazon and oh if you have ordered and did business with them before they will say you need to contact Amazon for help. This bank DOES NOT do its job regarding helping you fix issues regarding YOUR money in the bank. I closed my account and went back to Chase.

Original review: June 3, 2015

Went in to deposit cash into my checking and saving account as I've done before. I left, made some payments online, made a call to get my balance only to find out I had zero balance in my checking account. I got my receipt and found out the teller put my cash in the wrong account. Went back the next day during my work hours to have them correct the problem, they didn't apologize, they took copies of receipts, told me to call my credit union to find out when they would corrected. "They" did not make the mistake, day three still waiting for the money to be deposited, my creditors are charging me late fees in the mean time. Thinking of closing my account.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2014

I was a customer for over 15 yrs and just closed the account for poor cs, poor access and don't care credit union attitude ever. Doesn't matter you're with them for over a decade, still charging, no benefits, no help at all! Get loan and banking somewhere else! Not worth it at all!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2012

Do not get a loan through Arrowhead Credit Union, it is a nightmare and you will regret it. All of the reps think they can speak to clients however they want to. The manager has just as much attitude and is speechless when you have a point/question, and she has no idea what to say. Every month it is some crap about the rep entering the wrong amount and them contacting me over a penny (1 cent) saying it will go to collections, yet I pay over the phone and they type in the amount? Each month they start to call and say they have no record that I have ever talked with anyone else earlier in the month to arrange payment.

They have charged the wrong account for my account, told me payment was taken care of yet it had never been pulled out of my account? So now you have charged another client there for my loan. Now you have 2 angry people. They have no remorse that I, as the customer, have to call and let them know they did not take my money from me yet and tell me, "Oh well, we would have eventually caught it and started calling," and they think this is okay. No, that's my credit and I already made the payment date. You have messed up for the 100th time now and think oh well.

So I would have to rise a bad report on my credit and you guys probably are trying to repossess my truck because you did not charge my account in error. They have the most unorganized company/system for being a big bank. Unbelievable. The manager could not explain the issue and the how or why it happened. I am now waiting for a call back to hear this outcome. Do not do it! I have spread the word to anyone I know to never get a loan through this company. I already talked to 2 people out of it. I'm doing you all a favor. I am getting a loan elsewhere to get rid of this one just to not have to deal with them anymore. Way unacceptable.

Arrowhead Credit Union Company Information