2. Finance

Fontana, CA

4.0/5 (102 ratings)

About Arrowhead Credit Union

Arrowhead Credit Union Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arrowhead Credit Union?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arrowhead Credit Union?

Original review: June 14, 2021

I have been with this bank for about 2 years and have never, ever had an issue either with online or in person. The staff are always efficient and pleasant. When I have an issue with my debit card, they remedy the issue very quickly and satisfactorily. They have industry standard hours during the week and on weekends. Their shared ATM access is never an issue either. I can readily find an ATM when needed with no surcharge.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I have been with Arrowhead credit union for over 5 years.... I figured when covid-19 started I could depend on my bank. They posted all over the site, "We are here for you if you are struggling." So I applied for a $2,000 loan to help my family. They denied me. I asked for help about 3 times since the pandemic. I was denied each time. Mind you my account not once being negative. So this week I went to them and asked if they could refinance me with my car. I know I don't have the best credit but during this pandemic I have made all 18 payments on my car. They denied refinancing me. This is the worst credit union when you're in a bind. I wouldn't tell anyone to bank with Arrowhead credit union.

Get buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

Hello I have been a customer with your bank. When I first signed up it was because I was starting up my company And amazon needed a credit card. I started a secured account with you. Later opening up another secured account. From there however I had nothing but a bad relationship with you 1. I opened a checking for just my Shopify sales. I had a Customer with a VERIFIED tracking COMMITTING fraud FOR A FREE ITEM. The customers bank was constantly trying to reverse the charge. I showed you proof in the bank but still You allowed me to constantly get the NSF fee even though it was fraud. By the time it was over the NSF fees matched the cost of the item. The manager said ‘I’ll waive this not those.’ I closed the account and opened it somewhere I dont have issues with allowing fraud. I had 22K accidentally DEPOSITED IN ARROWHEAD. I TOOK IT OUT IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS. I CAN'T BUILD A BANKING RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU ANYMORE.

2. Before I had issue one I I still thought you were a good bank. I opened a student account for my daughter, in front of my kid, the manager at the time grilled me about address stating that it was ‘strange’. I was at this bank not down the hill. I informed him my company was up here, but because of fraud I use my Moreno Valley address for everything. I informed him I lived at both and my company was up here. When he kept challenging me I said that if it was a problem I can bring him a utility bill for both addresses but I only want one address on my account. People can have 2 homes.

He demanded to use the Victorville and because I didnt want to make a scene in front of my daughter or talk at an employee in front of her I complied. Later I had to call the 1800 number to have it removed. My identity is very important to me as of this year a fraudulent account was opened in my name. Adding me to check systems. The only thing that saved me was I had one active address and if I wasnt coming from that address it was fraud. It was very disappointing to get that treatment.

3. I went to your atm outside of the bank. It took my money literally sucked it back or didnt shoot it out and I had to wait almost 45 days to get it back the next time. I went to the atm again .. thinking there is no way both atms are messed up. I went to the atm in the front of your bank to deposit in to the navy federal account and it took my money AGAIN. It said error and gave me half of my money back. The atm sent a error email to the manager at the time. You guys knew there was proof and you still didn’t give me my money back. Your bank managers RESPONSE IF was if I was depositing in to my Arrowhead account then Id be able to deposit it back in your word.. yet I was a account a account holder. Put it in my account now if that’s the case.. There was no jump to hand me my money in my account. I once again had to wait for 30 days.. I believe days for the count days for the report days to report back. I dont use your junky atms anymore.

4. I signed up for a credit card and the person that was filling out the app.. I think her name was Samantha said I was declined. (I’m sure you can look up the name again if you need to) I asked for a reconsideration with the loan officer because I knew my credit was solid and I felt it was a auto decline. She said ‘no it wont change anything‘ basically refusing. I decided to call myself. I had my account for a few years at the time I believe with no issues. I called, someone looked at it, they approved me for 2 thousand. I decided not to take it because a. It was only 2k and b. I had already dealt with too many rude associates bad experiences by now.

5. Now this? I had my account for years. No lates that I know of, Except for the time I was sick. I’m in and out of the hospital a weeks at a time dealing with COVID and the aftereffects of covid. Any activity I had going on the account was my family. I got a call asking me to pay. I told the collector I was just out of the hospital I will be in. I still got the late.. Banks usually work with you to avoid the late, this bank however does not. I asked for Leniency on the 1 late on 2 accounts because it was already on my credit even though I informed you about the hospital beforehand that’s it after years of being on time.

This is a SECURED account with no benefits unless you are building credit. I’m not. I have an 2 American Express cards affected during this time as well. Other banks are considerate when people get COVID dying in the hospital. This is horrible bank that can care less about it being a pandemic. It’s just business so I will be in to close my account, my husband, My daughter, my dad and his wife as well. It's nothing personal anymore.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

My account was closed for being inactive for a year and when I went in to cash a check, the teller was in training for a short period of time and she was very knowledgeable and informative. The teller training her was very patient with the troubles of my situation. It took me 2 trips to the bank to finally get my account back up and I was ok with that because of how courteous and attentive the tellers were.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Arrowhead credit union called me and told me someone found my wallet and arrowhead will lock my ATM card. That’s great! Did the person say where I could come and get my wallet? Arrowhead credit union responded they cannot provide that information it is unsafe. Then she said I can come in and get a new card or she can mail me one in 4 to 6 Weeks. How’s the hell am I supposed to come in and get a new card if I don’t have a wallet with my drive'rs license!? She said, "Sorry that is the rules." That is one of the most stupidest rule I’ve heard at arrowhead credit Union. Now I have to go and apply for new driver's license with new credit cards new ATM card stupid stupid stupid! All we had to do was exchange the information for me and I could’ve got my wallet back....Jesus freaking Christ.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Just recently encountered a problem.... which was my fault. I have 2 bank accounts open at Arrowhead I have one account that is negative, and the other account is in good standing. So I accidentally deposited money (ATM deposit) into the negative account and I FREAKED OUT! So I called the call center and told them I made a BIG mistake and really needed that money to go into the correct account because I needed that money. They were so understanding to my needs and helped me out. They transferred the money out the negative account to the correct account. I've been a member with them since 2014, I've NEVER had any issues with the call center or the Riverside Branch.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

This company is terrible and they are a bunch of scammers. Very rude customer service agents that are in some serious need of training! They claim there is no credit check but approve your loan and then collect more personal info and deny the loan after due to a mysterious credit check they claim they do not do. Just terrible all around.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

We merged with Arrowhead CU in December, 2018 amidst a whirlwind of promises of expanded services and advanced online banking services. Their mobile banking app and website can be accessed only within the United States! Military and overseas workers cannot access their bank balances, loans, transfers, cleared payments. The internet is supposed to be worldwide. Arrowhead provides local service only. What if a member takes a trip to Europe? The app does not travel with you. If you run out of money, plan to phone and be on hold forever. This ancient technology and lack of internet access puts military families in danger of financial ruin.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Arrowhead of San Bernardino. Applied at multiple institutions for a Home equity loan. Arrowhead had the best interest rates, terms and 0 fees. Our home appraisal came in higher than expected so we were able to get a higher payout at 85% LTV. The only bad thing was that they don't take appointments to sign the closing documents. We had to wait in the lobby for more than an hour. A home equity loan is a premium product and they should take appointments especially since they only have 1 notary on duty.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Arrowhead appears good at first sight, courteous representatives and all but it's all face. Once you get into a loan app with them and you don't meet all the requirements that will approve you for a decent APR, they practically don't care about you or want to waste their time on you... and you'll know it. They'll make empty promises just to leave you with a good taste in mouth but you end up actually behind by going to ACU. I have had waaay better experiences at other credit unions! My suggestion... look to other financing options.

Arrowhead Credit Union Company Information