1.33/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings

Fontana, CA

15 Arrowhead Credit Union Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Interest rates are beyond ridiculous. Good luck with online chat, they read what you're typing so why press send?! I was contemplating cancelling my application and the representative tried to beat me to it because he admit he could see what I was typing before I hit send!! They ask you to give them information they already have access to, and will lie about contacting you. Do not open a loan with them. $150 will cost you $300+ on interest rates. Try Tower Loan instead!!!

Original review: March 27, 2018

This company will collect ALL of your info and "deny" you. They have now stolen your identity. Soon you will have unauthorized charges, credit accounts you never opened, even though you are not approved for a loan. There is no loan. This is a fraudulent company. Stay away. They will tell you that you are pre-approved through the mail, then online, then with a live person. Once you send verifying documents (even though they match exactly whats on your application) they DENY you. Why? They have just stolen your identity.

Get expert buying tips about Banks and Credit Unions delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2018

This is a typical over-advertised loan service, that spend a website and mail worth time exclaiming how easy their process is to qualify and get a personal loan from. Nothing is further from the truth. My experience was 3 days of phone calls and wanting to know everything about my bank accounts and what deodorant I wore, and still denied me a loan. Plenty of other services out there. I suggests go with someone that doesn't want to charge you 4 times the amount of the loan you're requesting.

Original review: May 9, 2017

Arrowhead of San Bernardino. Applied at multiple institutions for a Home equity loan. Arrowhead had the best interest rates, terms and 0 fees. Our home appraisal came in higher than expected so we were able to get a higher payout at 85% LTV. The only bad thing was that they don't take appointments to sign the closing documents. We had to wait in the lobby for more than an hour. A home equity loan is a premium product and they should take appointments especially since they only have 1 notary on duty.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Arrowhead appears good at first sight, courteous representatives and all but it's all face. Once you get into a loan app with them and you don't meet all the requirements that will approve you for a decent APR, they practically don't care about you or want to waste their time on you... and you'll know it. They'll make empty promises just to leave you with a good taste in mouth but you end up actually behind by going to ACU. I have had waaay better experiences at other credit unions! My suggestion... look to other financing options.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arrowhead Credit Union?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

Lie to you and smile while they doing it. You ask questions, they don't have an answer. They say they will get back to you while you're on hold on phone. I was on hold for almost 30 minutes and finally hung. Poor customer service. Try to have them investigate a fraudulent check. That has been a month ago and have not heard from them yet. They have a bunch of uneducated dummies working there that have no clue as to what they doing. Worst bank I have dealt with ever.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I too was enticed to sign up at place of employment. They offered lower interest rates than any other banks. When I was ready to purchase my car I applied for a loan at Arrowhead which I was declined. I have never been declined for a loan. It did hurt a bit. I then went to Toyota. They offered a zero interest with zero down. Ten months later we purchased another Toyota with zero interest. So it was Arrowhead loss. I have not missed a payment on my car.

Original review: May 11, 2016

Geez I was with this bank because they showed up at my job and were promoting their services and whatnot and offered us permanent employees free lines of credit. I said "hey what a cool offer"... Boy, I wish I saw these reviews prior to leaving my regular bank. The line of credit was not the issue it was just overdraft protection. The reviews on here regarding Arrowhead's customer service is very true and accurate. They have no customer service when you go into the branch especially the Riverside location. You have rude women who talk to you crazy, treat you like you have to be there to bank and also are unknowing regarding financial information you ask.

Do not dare call customer service and tell them you were overcharged because you bought a product from Amazon and oh if you have ordered and did business with them before they will say you need to contact Amazon for help. This bank DOES NOT do its job regarding helping you fix issues regarding YOUR money in the bank. I closed my account and went back to Chase.

Original review: June 3, 2015

Went in to deposit cash into my checking and saving account as I've done before. I left, made some payments online, made a call to get my balance only to find out I had zero balance in my checking account. I got my receipt and found out the teller put my cash in the wrong account. Went back the next day during my work hours to have them correct the problem, they didn't apologize, they took copies of receipts, told me to call my credit union to find out when they would corrected. "They" did not make the mistake, day three still waiting for the money to be deposited, my creditors are charging me late fees in the mean time. Thinking of closing my account.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2014

I was a customer for over 15 yrs and just closed the account for poor cs, poor access and don't care credit union attitude ever. Doesn't matter you're with them for over a decade, still charging, no benefits, no help at all! Get loan and banking somewhere else! Not worth it at all!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2012

Do not get a loan through Arrowhead Credit Union, it is a nightmare and you will regret it. All of the reps think they can speak to clients however they want to. The manager has just as much attitude and is speechless when you have a point/question, and she has no idea what to say. Every month it is some crap about the rep entering the wrong amount and them contacting me over a penny (1 cent) saying it will go to collections, yet I pay over the phone and they type in the amount? Each month they start to call and say they have no record that I have ever talked with anyone else earlier in the month to arrange payment.

They have charged the wrong account for my account, told me payment was taken care of yet it had never been pulled out of my account? So now you have charged another client there for my loan. Now you have 2 angry people. They have no remorse that I, as the customer, have to call and let them know they did not take my money from me yet and tell me, "Oh well, we would have eventually caught it and started calling," and they think this is okay. No, that's my credit and I already made the payment date. You have messed up for the 100th time now and think oh well.

So I would have to rise a bad report on my credit and you guys probably are trying to repossess my truck because you did not charge my account in error. They have the most unorganized company/system for being a big bank. Unbelievable. The manager could not explain the issue and the how or why it happened. I am now waiting for a call back to hear this outcome. Do not do it! I have spread the word to anyone I know to never get a loan through this company. I already talked to 2 people out of it. I'm doing you all a favor. I am getting a loan elsewhere to get rid of this one just to not have to deal with them anymore. Way unacceptable.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2011

I'm a victim of fraud. Allianzo corporation offered me a job by the Internet website. I have received emails saying I will get paid every week $500 doing mystery shopping at Walmart, Costco, etc. They will send me a check of 2500 dollars to my home address after which I should go to my bank and the deposit. The bank told me I have to wait three days to cash it out.

I did receive another email from Mariana ** of Allianzo corporation, saying I have to send $2000 via Western Union to her address. I have the proof of everything--the papers, the dates last week on Thursday, August 18.

The next day, the bank Arrowhead credit union called me saying I owe them money 2500 because the check they supposed to hold for three days was returned by the Allianzo corporation. My question was, how come the bank cashed it and gave me the money and after they told me the check doesn't have sufficient money or nothing. I don't understand why they are doing this to me.

I spoke with Sylvia and told her I sent the money to the people and I have the proof. She told me the director can't do anything for me. Any direct deposit I have with the bank they will take out from me. They don't care if I have family and children, have to feed them, clothe them, school supplies, pay the rent, my bills. I sent them the fax copies of the fraud. I went to the police. I have the report number.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2010

We recently closed our account due to the ever increasing fees for this and that. And for some time now my daughter was trying to find out why was her money vanishing from her account at an increasing rate and was in the negative every time she would go to make a deposit. A while back a teller asked if she wanted to join a program that would eliminate fees if she used her ATM card as debit only, she said yes. They lied.

It appears to be some sort of overdraft. Every time she would check her account it showed she had the funds; they falsely show account balances to prod her to withdraw money that actually isn't there. She went this morning to deposit a paycheck and Christmas bonus check and she was negative almost $300. They took every dime and she now has zero money. She went to a teller she has spoke to before who has helped her in the past and the teller asked if she signed up for this program and put a piece of paper on the counter.

My daughter read it and said that’s not what I was told this was and I was never shown anything. The teller’s response was, “I'm sure you weren't." Arrowhead Credit Union is scamming people and stealing money. Theft of all of my daughter’s money results in no money to pay bills.

Original review: July 15, 2010

I bought a truck and financed it through Arrowhead Credit Union less than a month ago and already made one payment on the car loan yesterday. The truck got repossessed by the bank at around 7 pm.

I tried to contact the bank and it was closed and I called the 1-800 number and they said that they couldn't help me with car loans, and to call back during regular business hours. I'm still not able to talk to anyone in the bank and I don't understand why this truck is being repossessed.

This has caused tremendous hardship on my family and work because my husband and I work like 30 miles from each other and our work hours don't allow for the use of just one vehicle.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2008

What gives you the right to send my credit union a negetive credit report without proper notification to me first who in the hell gave you permission?

Arrowhead Credit Union Company Information