Disclosures

3x Award Winner
Selected for having one of the highest satisfaction rates for Best Customer Service, Best Experience with Staff and Best Loan Process
4.9(2,153)

3x Award Winner

About Best Egg

Best Egg is an online loan servicer that offers personal, debt consolidation and credit card refinancing loans. It offers loans up to $50,000. The company promises a simple application process and typically sends payments in as little as one business day. Borrowers can take out multiple loans and don’t have to worry about prepayment penalties.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Fully online process
  • Can take out multiple loans
  • Competitive interest rates
Cons
  • Credit score requirements
  • Minimum income requirements

Stars Rating

• 91%
  • 7%
  • 2%
  • 1%
  • 0%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

1 featured review
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?
    Verified purchase

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

I’ve been working my credit score back up again and I used Best Egg to pay off Lending Club. I’ve always liked Lending Club and they both went smooth, but it went faster with Best Egg. Best Egg was really slick.

Verified purchase

Reviewed July 31, 2021

I had tried doing the loan with another place that had a lower interest rate but they refused the loan. The next one was Best Egg, and they approved. I was trying to get the lowest interest rate I could considering I’ve got a pretty high credit score, but Best Egg's rate is a little high compared to my credit score. But it is an unsecured loan so I overlooked that a little bit. Right now, I'm happy with Best Egg.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed July 30, 2021

Researched loan options to pay off another loan. Best Egg was easily my best option. Approved my loan request almost instantly, and saved me a lot of money monthly! Had a question for their customer service, the wait time was very short, they answered my question and were very professional and courteous!

Pinned

We're over the moon to hear that Best Egg has made a positive impact for you! Thanks so much for your review

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffRates

Reviewed July 30, 2021

Really nice customer service. Fast direct deposit payment. Very happy so far. Would recommend. The application is easy to fill out. And they offer fair interest rates with a decent credit score. Everyone I had to talk to in customer service was really, really nice and very helpful.

Reviewed July 29, 2021

I currently have 4 loans. Out of all of them, Best Egg is by far the superior. From when I first applied for a loan - they offered a great amount/rate. And when I came into a bump in the road financially, they were flexible. Customer service is very courteous and helpful. I 100% recommend Best Egg as a first choice if you are shopping for a loan.

Reviewed July 29, 2021

It was very easy to apply for a personal loan. I received the funds in a reasonable amount of time, and when I had questions about it, I was able to easily get in touch with a representative. He was kind and professional, and thoroughly answered my questions. So far, I am very pleased.

Reviewed July 11, 2021

I had gone a bit overboard with the additional purchase of hearing aids on top of my ordinary payments. Best Egg was recommended by Credit Karma, a group I trust. Once I completed the documentation needed, they helped me out of my financial bind. (I'm on a fixed income, and they were quite reasonable.)

Pinned

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, Sandra!

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 8, 2021

The representative was very attentive and accommodating; she was able to change my due date with only a few questions and now I'm grateful for my new payment date. Thank you so much for the great customer service.

Pinned

The pleasure is all ours :)

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 3, 2021

I was hesitant at first in choosing a loan company to eliminate my c.c. debt. I found Best Egg easy to use. A company that works with you. I wanted to change my due date so I called, the customer service rep did it without question. Even asked if I wanted to lower my payment. I am extremely satisfied.

Pinned

Thanks so much for sharing!

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffLoan Process

Reviewed July 1, 2021

Best customer service received. Agent was knowledgeable, professional, and able to assist effectively. Loan application/process was carried out smoothly. Company's website is easily accessible. Current rating, 5 Stars.

Pinned

That is wonderful to hear! Thanks so much for sharing!

Reviewed June 29, 2021

I applied for a loan with Best Egg through a recommendation from Credit Karma. Everything estimated by Best Egg on Credit Karma was spot on. I really like that before I finalized it gave me the option to take the fees out of my loan amount or increase my loan amount to cover the feeds. Very easy process and I received my funds in 48 hours.

Pinned

Quick and easy is what we like to hear! Thanks so much for sharing, Stephanie!

Punctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed June 24, 2021

I tried several companies but Best Egg was by far the easiest to apply for a loan. Very helpful service reps and very quick service! From the start of the process till my money was deposited was less than 2 days!

Pinned

We are pleased to hear you had such a great experience, Artha!

Reviewed June 22, 2021

Upon applying for a personal loan with Best Egg, I found it to be a simple and easy process. Their reps are always friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. They were the best fit for my situation. A happy customer!

Pinned

Simple and easy is what we like to hear! Thanks so much for sharing, Roseanne!

Reviewed June 16, 2021

My loan was approved in ten minutes. The money was in my account in two business days and I was able to get right back on track with their help. My overall debt is consolidated into one way payment and, my APR is much smaller.

Pinned

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Reviewed May 27, 2021

It’s a great experience. They are very responsive. The customer’s service is unbelievable. I will definitely recommend it to everyone. If you qualify the money will be next day deposited into your bank account.

Pinned

We are thrilled to hear you had such a great expereince! Thanks for sharing!

Customer ServiceStaffTransparency

Reviewed May 14, 2021

Best Egg has been a fantastic choice for consolidating credit card debt. I had spent years accruing this debt while in school, so when I finally had a stable job I used Best Egg to help manage this debt. The lower overall monthly payment allowed me to save up for a down payment on a home I just purchased. To my horror, I found out that a lot of work needed to be done on my home before I could move in, and making my monthly Best Egg payment was going to put me in a very tight spot financially.

I called Best Egg and explained my situation to their customer service representative, who calmly explained multiple options for how I could satisfy my debt obligations to Best Egg without worrying about how I was going to pay for groceries over the next two weeks. We discussed which option made the most sense, set up a plan of action, and I hung up the phone knowing exactly what to do next. I couldn't ask for better service and would definitely use them again.

Pinned

Thanks so much for sharing, Christopher! Good luck with the home improvements!

Reviewed May 5, 2021

I was very impressed by how easy everything was. The approval took only few minutes, The entire process took about 24 hours including funding. The money was in my bank account the same day I applied. Highly recommend.

Pinned

We are thrilled to hear we made it easy for you, Ammar! Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed March 15, 2021

I was looking for a personal loan to consolidate some debts. Best Egg was extremely responsive and I was blown away with their customer service. I received my loan within 2 days of applying, and was set up with an account immediately. I needed to update my banking information, which was not a feature online, so I called customer service and was A) NOT on hold for any amount of time, and B) was greeted by an exceptional representative who was not only knowledgeable, but also very quick to resolve my issues and didn't require me to be on the phone for more than a few minutes. This representative was also kind, caring, and a genuine joy to chat with.

I highly recommend this company if you are looking for a personal loan. Their rates are competitive, they offer a variety of loans for your comfort level, and I can't say enough how amazed I was at the customer service and overall experience from start to finish. What other company would give you a loan within 2 days of applying?? Outstanding all around. Highly highly recommend.

Pinned

Thanks so much for sharing, Cherry!

Reviewed March 6, 2021

Best Egg is a simple process. Professional staff. Excellent customer service. Website easy to navigate. Recommend. I have been on other websites and it has been my experience that as soon as you check your rate the telemarketers began calling. Not the case with Best Egg.

Pinned

We are pleased to hear you are pleased! Thanks so much for sharing!

Reviewed Feb. 17, 2021

I needed to speak with a CSR about a payment that was being drafted from my account the following month. I was not budgeted for that payment, so in discussing this, the CSR was able to resolve my concern.

Pinned

Thanks so much for sharing, Dora!

Reviewed Jan. 30, 2021

In no time a few questions and a loan was provided. Talk about a great experience. Thank you ladies and gentlemen. You are the Best Egg. I've done business with a lot of other companies but best egg was hassle free.

Pinned

We are pleased to hear you are pleased! Thanks so much for sharing, Marc.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2021

My application process was very easy and my repayment of my loan went through in a very smooth and orderly manner with no problems at all, one must not ask for a loan that they may have trouble repaying, when keeping that in mind no one should have any problems with Best Egg.

Pinned

We are thrilled to hear we made it easy for you! Thanks so much for sharing!

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2020

Best Egg has always been easy to work with from day one. Very fair rates on their loans & the employees are always friendly. Most importantly, when I want to speak to someone live they are always available.

Pinned

We are thrilled to hear that, William. Thanks for sharing!

Customer ServiceStaffRates

Reviewed Oct. 9, 2020

Extremely reasonable rates. Easy to apply. Easy to get funded. Multiple options. When my business ran into financial troubles, like many nowadays, they were quick to offer me payment relief options. The customer service person was INCREDIBLY kind. Couldn't be more impressed.

Pinned

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2020

Overall, I want to emphasize, how this company has managed the situation during early stages of Covid-19. I called them to ask them to hold my payments until I was in a better situation. They told me not worry, they worked with me. I really felt a little support from a corporate financial company. I Didn't have make payments for 4 months, until last month. I am still struggling with my payments and I really wish the company lower my payments in order for me to be able to afford it. Just saying, they want to go for the extra mile.

Pinned

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, Josue!

Reviewed Sept. 13, 2020

The representative was very knowledgeable and friendly. She was able to assist me with my financial problem and solve my problem. She also was able to give me other solutions if I continue having financial problems. Thank you.

Pinned

The pleasure is all ours :)

Punctuality & SpeedLoan Process

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2020

Applying for this loan was a simple and quick experience. The money was deposited in my bank account approximately two days after I applied. Twice during the 36 months of payments Best Egg allowed me to skip my payment and added it to the end of my payments at no extra charge. I would recommend this company to anyone needing a loan!

Pinned

We are thrilled to hear it was simple and quick for you! Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed Sept. 4, 2020

I’ve had my loan with Best Egg now for over a year and I’ve never had any trouble with them. I recently needed to change my payment date. I can say that was the easiest thing I’ve ever done concerning a loan company. They’re great. If you need a personal loan you should try them out.

Pinned

We are glad to hear we made it easy for you! Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed Aug. 19, 2020

I needed to cancel the bank draft and the employee explained the best way to handle my situation without incurring any issues with my credit due to the exact date of my loan payoff being uncertain. He was very helpful, patient and courteous.

Pinned

We are pleased to hear we could help! Thanks for sharing!

Customer ServiceLoan Process

Reviewed Aug. 17, 2020

This was one of the easiest application I’ve ever filled out. I gave them my information, they checked it out and I had my answer with the 1st loan within a few hours... The 2nd loan was easier than the 1st. When I needed them they were there.. Their name is true.. Best Egg!

Customer ServiceLoan Process

Reviewed July 31, 2020

Best Egg is the BEST place to look for a personal loan. I was approved in January 2020 within one day and throughout the past 7 months have experienced outstanding customer service! I highly recommend Best Egg! Carol

Pinned

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We are pleased to hear you had such a great experience!

Reviewed July 8, 2020

I learned about Best Egg through Credit Karma and I have and continue to have a good experience with both. Best Egg makes applying for a personal loan very simple and the initial inquiry does not affect your credit score. You fill out the form and they come back and tell you how much you qualify for. You can then accept that amount or choose a lesser amount. You can also choose the interest payback option that works best for you. You also get to choose if you want to either add the application fee to your loan which of course will increase your loan amount or have it deducted from your loan amount. They send you emails so you don't have to guess about the status of your loan. A representative will call to confirm your info and then in a matter of 1-3 days you are approved and the money is in your bank account. Using autopay ensures that your payments are always on time, just make sure that the funds are in your account.

After having to make some major purchases I took out a second loan to pay off the previous loan and my credit card, so I am on my second loan with Best Egg and am a satisfied customer. I am the type of customer that if I am dissatisfied I will let everyone know, but when I find a company that practices the 'old-school' values of professionalism & courteous customer service then I am more than happy to sing their praise! I highly recommend Best Egg!!! Sincerely, vlw.

Pinned

Thanks for sharing your experience, Valerie!

Punctuality & SpeedLoan Process

Reviewed June 16, 2020

I held a personal loan with Best Egg. Due to temporary personal hardship circumstances, I was unable to comply with my loan agreement and had to negotiate a settlement with the company. I completed the settlement on schedule and the loan was closed. Best Egg reported the loan as closed to the various credit bureaus. Having fully understood the underlying tax implications, which will see the amount written off being designated as income on my next tax filing, I was hoping to see a possible increase in my credit score, having now closed an account and lowered my overall credit balance.

However, Best Egg not only informed the credit bureaus that the account was closed, they also listed the account as a "derogatory" account. I would advise you that if you are unfortunate enough to hold a loan with Best Egg and be required to negotiate a settlement with the company, the company policy for reporting the account closure will not result in any hoped for increase in your credit score but will, instead, result in a minimum decrease of 85 points, due to the "derogatory" tag. This, in spite of the fact that all particulars of the settlement agreement were fully complied with.

Pinned

Douglas, we have looked into your concerns that you have shared and we are sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd like to discuss your concerns further, please call 855-282-6353.

Reviewed June 11, 2020

This was a great experience. I was looking for a loan to cover some items and so far this was the easiest loan application ever. Everything was done online - and there were several loan amounts provided, including the amount that I was looking for. All aspects of the loan were provided and it made the decision as to which loan amount I really needed easy. It took way less time - just a day or two to know how the approval process was going and I had my loan in less than 4 days.

Pinned

We are over the moon to hear you have had a great experience! Thank you for sharing!

Customer ServiceLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed May 30, 2020

If you need a personal loan that is easy to apply, manage, and pay off Best Egg is amazing. We got a great interest rate and amazing customer service. We borrowed twice from Best Egg because of the reasons listed above.

Pinned

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We are pleased to hear it was a good one!

StaffRates

Reviewed May 21, 2020

This company tries to help, in 3 years never had a problem. They have excellent personnel. Would definitely use them again. Interest rate is a little above average but not unreasonable. Rate is well below other companies.

Thanks for sharing, Tom!

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed May 10, 2020

Everything was so easy! The whole process felt like it was designed to be positive, user friendly, and ready to say "yes" to making the experience perfect for us! We applied in minutes, had an answer in seconds, and were fully funded in hours. No catch. We were able to easily select our payment date and we received an interest rate MUCH lower than a credit card. We could not be HAPPIER!!

Pinned

If you're happy, then we're happy!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan Process

Reviewed May 4, 2020

Would use them again with no problem, They had emailed me asking if I wanted to put April and May payments on the back of the loan to help out, that was great. Another loan company asked the same thing. I said yes then I keep getting emails asking why my payment was late but NOT From Best Egg. Thank you. Great all around company. Easy to work with. They do care about there customers. (

Pinned

We are pleased to hear we made it easy for you! Thanks for sharing, Adam!

Loan ProcessRates

Reviewed April 23, 2020

I would consider the Best Egg loan process one of the easiest not to mention very accommodating. Don't have perfect credit and I was in a pinch. I really appreciate all the best egg did for me. The rate was that as low as I would have liked but it definitely was not very high like others. Thank you.

Pinned

We are pleased to hear we made it easy for you! Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed April 22, 2020

I first took out a 10,000 loan after purchasing a home for remodeling. A year later a borrowed another 20000. The first low interest loan was paid off yesterday. I only owe 7000 on the 20000. I appreciate the low interest rates and the ability to get my house fixed up in a hurry. Thank you Best Egg.