4.9/5 (218 ratings)

About Best Egg

Best Egg is an online lender that offers personal, debt consolidation and credit card refinancing loans. It offers loans up to $50,000. The company promises a simple application process and typically sends payments in as little as one business day. Borrowers can take out multiple loans and don’t have to worry about prepayment penalties.

Pros

• Fully online process
  • Can take out multiple loans
  • Receive funds in as little as a day
  • Competitive interest rates

Cons

• Credit score requirements
  • Minimum income requirements

Bottom Line

Best Egg is an online lending platform that specializes in providing quick, low-interest personal loans. It focuses on getting you the most competitive rates. It provides debt consolidation and refinancing options.

Best Egg Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Best Egg?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

The application process at Best Egg was smooth.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I will always come back to this company to obtain a personal loan. The process was easy, fast and to the point. I didn't have to chase them down for more questions or wait long periods of time for a decision. I recently had to call the Customer Service line and they were helpful as well.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

The website was very informative and the transaction was very smooth and very quick. Although, when I was applying for the loan, there was not much human contact and there could have been more human-to-human communication. My issue was after we had signed up. Last month, my first payment was due and I had a communication issue. I called and spoke with one of their agents but from what I see, there's not too much communication within the company itself - department to department.

I had an issue with fraud in my checking account and we had to freeze and close it. I communicated that with Best Egg as quick as I could and the agent that I had spoken to then mentioned a relief program that they had for three months. But she wrote down on my account that I had promised to pay the full amount and that's not what I had said. That left me an alert and I didn't find that out until my fourth call. But it did show that she had given me this flex plan and what happened was the main department that did the billing encashed this main bill to my checking account but there were no funds in it because it was frozen. I was charged and they overdraft me. I had to call them back and they told me to tell my bank to reverse it. My bank sent it back and then they resubmitted it, which cost me another fee.

I spoke to a rep, Cynthia, and she was fantastic. She called me yesterday and they usually don't pay overdraft fees but due to these circumstances that I didn't know what, she paid those and my payment won't be due until the end of this month. Once I got the correct hands, everything was fine but maybe the agents need to be trained a little better about the company policy.

Best Egg response

We're sorry to hear that you encountered this issue. Please be assured that your feedback will be reviewed and taken into consideration to improve our customer experience. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. If your concerns have still not been resolved, please give us a call so that we can get things straightened out. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I called Best Egg and their application process for a personal loan was great. Customer service was very kind and the process didn't take long. I had to call yesterday because I wanted to make a payment and they wouldn't let me into the account. I was trying to register and they kept telling me it was all on their end. I talked to a woman who checked into it and she wasn’t sure what was going on. I went ahead and paid by phone. I got that taken care of. Go for Best Egg. I had a very good experience.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I got a home improvement loan through the application that Best Egg has online. They said they would contact me within two business days but they did within one, and they gave me the loan. They did everything to a T except for talking to me. We should talk to the people who we are going to get the money from so that we know who we're dealing with. That way, somebody couldn't use my identity to do this. Other than that, it was fast and convenient.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

Best Egg is a good company and they help people whatever they need. It was easy to do the process. Also, the rates are fair. It helped me a lot. I had five different bills I needed help with. I lowered my payments for them.

We’re thrilled to hear that you're a happy camper! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

The gentleman was very helpful, understanding, and answered all my questions and concerns. Also, we like the readiness of the product and the monthly fee that is taken out immediately.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Easy to initiate a loan. Excellent customer service. Great communication. Would definitely use again should the need arise. Easy to use website. A company there to serve your needs when you need it most.

Best Egg response

Thanks for sharing and spreading the word about Best Egg!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Everything was online. I answered a few questions. Must have fit in perfectly in that little crack to put Humpty Dumpty back together again, and it works. I needed a few dollars to cover a project that was in progress as my refinance was hanging in the air. Best Egg came through fast with just the right amount of interest and the right amount of everything else that it worked out great. The project is done and we got the refinance. It dropped my house payment by $1,000. So everything just boom, got it. My son is getting married now and Best Egg had a little hand in that, too. Use them. It is a very good company.

We’re thrilled to hear that you're a happy camper! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

The only reason I partnered with Best Egg over any of the other ones was they offered the best terms. Most of the application process was online.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

With the stress of Christmas and moving into a new home, credit card bills piling up caused spending $800 a month paying just for credit card bills. Best Egg has taken that stress away with a personal loan. Something I can manage and get rid of my debt. The process was simple.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I applied online. It was simple. I talked to the reps a couple of times and they were great. Best Egg helped me out. People should go for it.

This is fantastic to hear!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I did a loan with Best Egg for the convenience of it. The loan process was low-stress and I didn't go through a lot. From start to finish, that took about a week. The rates and terms are okay, so far.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I did everything online. The website flows very well. Applying was very easy.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I wish Best Egg had a mobile banking app where I could set up and pay stuff on it. I got it set up, but I have to go to the website every time I make my payment. Other than that, I liked the process because Best Egg went by the information that I gave them and they acted on it quickly. The next day, it was already in my account. It happened a lot quicker than I thought.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I needed to consolidate my credit cards and Best Egg provided and approved the loan within hours of application completion. Funds were available quick and the customer service is the best. Highly recommend.

Best Egg response

Thank you for your glowing recommendation!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I got a three-year installment loan. Now, I thought about getting another one, and Best Egg has an unsecured and secured loan. The secured loan seems weird in that you sign off something like an appliance at your home. I had not heard of that before. But then the representatives were all good. Overall, Best Egg helped me get some debt paid off. I would recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I liked what I read about Best Egg. The application process was much easier than any place I've used before, that's why I've come back to them. The first time, it looked like they had a good possibility of getting the loan. This time, the reps gave me some information and they were very helpful. I've been very pleased.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I have had such a great experience with Best Egg. They offer an easy process to obtain a loan. I did my request online and received a response right away. I am very happy with the loan I obtained and I would definitely choose them again.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I was very happy with Best Egg Loan Dept... They are very professional and quick easy process with your loan application.... I'm looking forward in applying for a personal loan with Best Egg again.... Can't wait. I'm very happy with my service with them..... I'm definitely applying again... I hope everyone use Best Egg Loan Dept...

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Best Egg's application process was very easy and took approximately 30 minutes. Customer service was very professional, efficient, and knowledgeable. Everyone answered all of my questions in a timely manner and they were accessible when I needed help in changing my date. They did it right away.

We’re thrilled to hear that you're a happy camper! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Customer service was friendly and answered my questions. Also, the loan process was simple, but I have two different loans and I would love to combine them.

Best Egg response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I took out a small personal loan and the application process was quick and easy, the terms of the loan were good and getting my loan was painless. I talked to a customer service person who was also very helpful.

Best Egg response

Easy and quick is what we like to hear! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I needed funds to take care of something and Best Egg was there to help me out with that. I received the funds fairly quickly and I was happy about that. Best Egg was excellent.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I went online to do something about the mail that Best Egg sent but there was something I didn't do right. I called and got a person who was very helpful. Customer service walked me through it and stayed online until I could enter all the data. It was then approved and I was told what the rate was going to be. The service and rates were good. I've been satisfied. If I need a loan in the future, I would reach out to them first.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

We did our first loan and it was a higher rate market. I used Best Egg again to redo the loan. I wanted to lower the payment and take advantage of the lower rates. Refinancing with them was super easy. Customer service was helpful, knowledgeable, fast, and thorough. Everything was good.

We’re thrilled to hear that you're a happy camper! Thanks for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Best Egg gave me the best rate. They emailed me a couple of things and I went through their process and bang, it was over. I did it all on the computer and on a Saturday or Sunday. I had the money on Tuesday. It was an easy process and it was a slam, bam, and thank you.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

When I had nothing to lose and was at my wit's end, I spitefully submitted the application just to get the disappointment over with. To my surprise, I was approved and it’s was a better rate than I anticipated as well as the the perfect monthly payment was unbelievable! I was excited, my financial portfolio was the best I’ve had. Never thought I could get the loan. It was seamless and fast! Thank you for an awesome experience.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The experience with Best Egg was fantastic. Easy to apply and always professional when I had questions. Best experience with Best Egg, if I need a loan again I will come back and refer them to my family and friends. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

The process was easy and the approval was very quick! The staff was very helpful and nice. I will not hesitate to use this company again if the need ever arose. One day I decided it was ridiculous to pay such a high interest rate on my credit card so by the end of the day I was able to use this service to accomplish the goal and save money!

Best Egg Company Information