3.20/5

Looking for a good gold dealer?

APMEX

Looking for a good gold dealer?

57 APMEX Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 23, 2019

I purchased 3 silver eagles. 1986, 1990 and 1992. All were to be brilliant uncirculated. All three had a spot on the breastplate as if someone was trying to draw a nipple on her. The 1986 has a long scratch on the left field of the eagle and rim toning at 4 o'clock on the reverse. Due to the age of the coins I could have done a lot worse but I feel I overpaid for the 86.

Original review: March 27, 2019

When I was looking for physical silver, I found many options on the internet. I even called another dealer, but they required at least five thousand dollars for each purchase, which leaves someone like me unable to afford that. Luckily, the person I spoke with recommended APMEX and I am certainly glad he did. APMEX does not have a minimum purchase amount, and gives ordinary people like me the opportunity to start investing small and working my way up as I go.

Right now, I have made two separate purchases and have been very happy. So far, I have roughly thirty or so ounces of silver, and will be buying more shortly. The reputation of APMEX and their customer service has been terrific. My orders ship within two days and the insurance is included. I can't wait to share your company with friends who also want to invest in precious metals, but may not be the richest people in the world. Thank you for thinking of the average hard working people out there who want better their financial future. Many thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have been a customer of APMEX for several years. The company offers a very extensive range of great products at fair prices and provides exceptional service. My most recent order was placed online on December 15th and was delivered in about a week including the time it took for me to mail them a personal check.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

NIUE 90th Disney Anniversary. As always APMEX, hits another home run with this customer. They have never disappointed me. I will keep on coming back for the quality and price. The people at APMEX are skilled and knowledgeable and always send me a quality product in an expedited fashion. Thank you ALL at APMEX, Happy New Year to you and your families.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Recently I ordered 2019 Silver Pandas on a preorder basis. APMEX shipped them as soon as they received their order. I received these Friday and they are beautiful. The mama Panda holding baby Panda in arms cuddling him. Each coin has its own holder and every 15 ordered are packaged in a plastic framework. Thanks APMEX.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I owned a few 10oz Waffle Back Engelhard Bars and noticed the same bars were listed at APMEX for $315 each. I contacted their buying department and they offered me less than $170 each. So be careful make sure you know what your product is worth.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I bought a roll of mixed date pre-1921 BU Silver Dollars. I also bought a roll of AU 1921 Morgans and a roll of XF-AU Morgans pre-1921. The expensive BUs were all sliders, and in fact the roll of 1921 AU Morgans was of a higher quality than the alleged BU's. I reported this to customer service who denied any mistake could have been made or a switch from AU to BU. The BU's all have distinct wear over the ears, the hallmark of a slider. APMEX thinks they are slick, but they lost a very good customer since the '80s. I will buy rolls elsewhere in future.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I bought 20 Silver Eagles and from Apmex and was not impressed with the quality I received. I coins were secondary market and in rough shape; some even came in the holders from previous owners. Lots of tarnish - a couple looked like they had been put in a vice. They had so many marks on them. They say '100% satisfaction guaranteed' but, you should read the return terms. It will cost you a lot of money to make a return. Hope you can avoid a problem from my experience. You can buy certified coins online for a few dollars more than you can at Apmex - this represents a much better value. I would consider what I received to be be nothing more than silver bullion.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Concave chains have more space between the gold links but Cuban chains are made with tight, smooth, solid links placed much closer together. The one I received from APMEX had the Cuban styling but not the precise links, I had just seen the same chain (22" 3.5 mm) at a local jewelers and was really impressed with the design, the one I received from APMEX was cheaper (it cost less) but it wasn't made of high quality gold and I'm very disappointed.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I sent a check for $9,085 to Apmex. They confirmed receipt of the check and said my order would ship on March 14, 2019. On March 14, 2019 I received an e-mail saying they had a problem with their computer banking system and they would ship my order on March 21, 2019. March 21, came and went but no confirmation of shipping no update. I called on March 25th and they could not tell me when the order would ship and possibly they did not have the inventory to ship. They said I would have to wait a few hours to see if they were possibly going to ship my order sometime soon. They issued me a $10 credit on my next order like that was going to smooth things over.

APMEX expert review by Barbara Friedberg

APMEX recently celebrated its 15th anniversary and is now one of the top Internet retailers in North America. It has a catalog of more than 10,000 products for investors interested in both precious metal weight and numismatic value to choose from.

• Buy and sell: On APMEX, consumers can see the sell price as well as the buy price.

• No minimum transaction: It has coins priced well below $20 and bullion that comes with price tags in the six figures for larger gold bars.

• Free shipping: Customers get free shipping on domestic orders of $99 or more.

• 60-second price updates: APMEX posts the most recent spot price for precious metals every minute of the day.

• Easy product sorting: Given its extensive catalog of products, APMEX has created easy sorting that allows customers to look by bars versus coins, weight, manufacturer and other important criteria.

• Best for: This gold and precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg