APMEX

Find Gold Dealers partners near you

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

APMEX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I have been using APMEX for purchasing Silver for over a year and could not be more pleased with the quality and service. Found the prices slightly better than other sites, but the service has been incredible. Orders are processed quickly and usually received before the promised date. Orders were well packaged for safety and security. I have been so happy with them; I am a repeat customer.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I have ordered coins from APMEX on at least three occasions. In order to get the best price, I pay by check. That causes a delay in delivery, which is expected, but saves me from having to pay by wire. Consumer Affairs asking about whether I received an order placed September 23, but actually I placed the order late on September 22, 2021. It took probably five or six days for my check to reach the company, which is a guess on my part, and delivery was made on October 8, 2021. I also order from two other companies online, one that caters to ex-military and one that caters to NRA members and all have provided good service, but APMEX is probably a little faster. APMEX had some 2021 MS70 coins at a low price. For waiting for a bank check to clear, I think service was fast.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

If you read the BBB reports, APMEX has experienced a sharp uptick in complaints. I was very surprised, as I've had no problem with their service and always get exactly what I've ordered, on or about the date they said I should get it. What it looks like to me is a lot more deliveries being ripped off from customers' porches when dropped there by USPS. If you're going to order anything worth money, get a PO Box if you can't trust your neighbors!

I've had issues with raw collectible coins in the past...so if you're ordering a roll of "Brilliant Uncirculated" or the like, you might do better going to a coin dealer...Not that APMEX is trying to rip anyone off, but if you're selling thousands of coins a day, it isn't surprising not all of them would be up to standard, unfortunately. Bottom line, I still have complete confidence in APMEX and love their selection, speedy service, and reliability. This is especially true for current issues of collectible bullion coins and such...Have not found a better online vendor yet. Keep up the great work, APMEX!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

APMEX is an excellent place to purchase coins and has a wide selection from various national and private mints. The website allows you to pre-order and receive notifications when new coins are available (adding a coin to your wishlist before it's available does this) or when older coins become available. Coins are often available with certifications or COAs, usually in tamper proof packaging. Prices are comparable to similar sites, but the selection tends to be better at APMEX, especially if you are interested in licensed coins (see Movie and Licensed Products under silver...I have not seen any site with such a large selection of these kinds of products).

The description on coins often includes the total number minted and other factors, such as if the coin is part of a series, that help in deciding whether or not to purchase a product. Every coin you purchase at APMEX is tracked and you can see how your investments are doing in your "Precious Metals Portfolio Tool." They now have a phone app, as well.

Original review: June 25, 2021

This company has a large selection of precious metals available to purchase from one gram up to kilos. I purchased 10, 1 ounce Silver rounds. They arrived within approximately 10 days after ordering. I was notified every step of the way. I was given a tracking number so I could easily follow the progress of my order. They arrived carefully packaged in a protective tube. I will order again from this company. In fact I placed an order yesterday.

Original review: May 23, 2022

I had been a stacker and customer for years with Apmex, but no more. Placed an order, forgot to sign the check, immediately gave them permission to do an e-check. A month later, not even shipped and won't for another week or more. I finally tried to cancel the order. Even though spot for silver is down, there was a $44. fee for market change and cancellation. (On a very small order) On an issue that was Apmex's fault. Hard to get answers from customer service. Even though Apmex sometimes has more selection, they also have the highest premiums.

Original review: May 21, 2022

Used to prefer placing orders from this company, even the price little higher than others. However, their customer service is not good not anymore, and holding the order longer than before + longer than other companies.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Good prices. Bulk deals. Easy to understand and very fast shipping. I would recommend Apmex to everyone. Great company. I surfed the internet looking for a decent deal to purchase a small amount of silver, Apmex had the best deals and lived up to their advertising. Very good.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I earned a little extra money on a freelance and have always wanted the 5oz version of my favorite stacker. The fact that you offered its airtight case as well was terrific, it is the prize of my stack!

Original review: April 6, 2022

My 1st purchase gave me a discount on the silver spot price. I purchased enough to get free shipping. I bought 1oz bars. I wish they sold bars that had "break-a-way" gram increments so that I could use those pieces for purchasing and barter.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Gold IRA partner.

APMEX Company Information