2. Finance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.84/5

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Accredited Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

APMEX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?

Original review: July 13, 2020

Everything this company said they would do - they did. Transparent sales information and accurate pricing along with correct shipping times make it simple to shop here. Regarding the products they sell, it's nice that they have a comprehensive selection. This allows us to expand our collection in multiple directions. We enjoy purchasing both bullion and numismatic items so it is a sort of one-stop-shop for us. Thanks, Donny F.

Original review: April 7, 2020

The metals I ordered arrived very quickly and the price was lower than a lot of other places. I was surprised that they didn't do signature confirmation for my order to be on the watch if you order. The only negative was that they had an order minimum but their prices were very good comparably. They also had a good selection and stock in comparison to some other online stores that were sold out. If I need to purchase again, I will definitely check them out.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2020

I love this company. They have always been fair and reasonable priced. However, they, as well as other bullion dealers around the country are overcharging way above spot. There is no oversight. When the spot went down, demand went up. Unfortunately, all bullion dealers didn’t freeze prices at the crash, they all went up as spot hit the floor. I could understand holding the premium during this crisis, but this looks similar to “price gouging” during a crisis. When we get on the other side of this crash, I question who I can trust.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Their products are exactly as described. The website is easy to navigate, the purchasing process is fast, easy & secure. APMEX makes it possible for anyone, no matter what your budget allows, to buy precious metals by offering sizes & weights from 1/2 gram up to Kilos. They ship it to you carefully packed, & in very plain, discreet packaging. Mine arrived just a few days after ordering it. I'm a repeat customer & have been for several years now. I hope to do business with APMEX for many years to come.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Excellent selection of products and FREE shipping on orders $99+, you cannot beat that! Customer service is also very knowledgeable and helpful. The account portfolio tool is wonderful for keeping track of your assets. The website is easy to navigate and very user friendly. I have exercised the option to sell back to APMEX in the past but do not recommend doing this unless it's an emergency situation. The haircut on that practice will likely result in a 50%+ loss on investment. Overall, APMEX receives 5 full stars in my book.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

You would think that a company of this size would value their repeat clients (especially the ones they designate as VIP), but you would be extremely wrong.. I spent 4 hours going back and forth speaking to their customer service department, and no one seemed to know how to unlock my account.. Bottomline is, do not waste your time on these guys. You will save time and gray hair..

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

It's hard to review a company I never heard of until my credit card was fraudulently charged. They apparently got a hold of my credit card, charged the account and claimed that I ordered a coin(s) or whatever from them online... They claimed that I signed the UPS delivery also, which I didn't but yet there exist a tracking number... I checked the tracking number online but it only indicated the city and state but not an actual address... Now if I had ordered it I would have known because there is ALWAYS a way to track these things; no emails exist from the order to the delivery date...

In addition, when I opened a claim with UPS and provided the tracking number, the site indicated 'cannot submit claim' and 'please contact the shipper (APMEX) for further assistance... Now why would I do such a stupid thing? They would ask me questions, thus having my information... That is the LAST thing I would do ... so no, I will not call them because I never ordered anything from them. If this happens to you, DO NOT contact them either... Open a claim with the police and contact your credit card company. This is very very suspicious.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I bought a Gold Coin from APMEX, the coin never came, and they asked my to fill a lost property report with the police. They did not do anything, even after I sent the report. I lost my money and I wasted my time, very disappointed, I will never going to buy from them again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

I used my credit card to purchase a coin. The money was charged from account then received an email asking for additional information. After a few days, I was rejected for making my purchase with a credit card. I felt very discriminated & devastated.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Excellent quality products at Apmex.com and very reasonable prices. Strenuously suggest to ***avoid*** Moneymetals.com because they are rude people and do not have a customer centric approach to helping customers. Also Moneymetals.com is ***very*** expensive. Stick with Apmex.com which has the highest quality products and customer service.

APMEX Company Information