3.8/5 (172 ratings)

Find Gold Dealers partners near you

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I love APMEX with their selection of coins, etc. Very simple to buy from them. Customer service could not be friendlier. Stuff usually ships out quickly. Just be careful where you ship your order to, I'm reading some reviews by people trashing APMEX because someone snatched their package. Wait, how is this the fault of APMEX? Good, reliable company couldn't be nicer to deal with. Highly recommend.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I have been using APMEX for purchasing Silver for over a year and could not be more pleased with the quality and service. Found the prices slightly better than other sites, but the service has been incredible. Orders are processed quickly and usually received before the promised date. Orders were well packaged for safety and security. I have been so happy with them; I am a repeat customer.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

APMEX used USPS to ship my purchase. It was lost by USPS for 1 Week. Whenever I had purchased from them prior, it was shipped UPS. Never a problem with United Parcel Service. No wonder the Post office is going broke! If you purchase from APMEX specify UPS! APMEX is a pleasure to deal with but this has made me question if I will return.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I have ordered coins from APMEX on at least three occasions. In order to get the best price, I pay by check. That causes a delay in delivery, which is expected, but saves me from having to pay by wire. Consumer Affairs asking about whether I received an order placed September 23, but actually I placed the order late on September 22, 2021. It took probably five or six days for my check to reach the company, which is a guess on my part, and delivery was made on October 8, 2021. I also order from two other companies online, one that caters to ex-military and one that caters to NRA members and all have provided good service, but APMEX is probably a little faster. APMEX had some 2021 MS70 coins at a low price. For waiting for a bank check to clear, I think service was fast.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

If you read the BBB reports, APMEX has experienced a sharp uptick in complaints. I was very surprised, as I've had no problem with their service and always get exactly what I've ordered, on or about the date they said I should get it. What it looks like to me is a lot more deliveries being ripped off from customers' porches when dropped there by USPS. If you're going to order anything worth money, get a PO Box if you can't trust your neighbors!

I've had issues with raw collectible coins in the past...so if you're ordering a roll of "Brilliant Uncirculated" or the like, you might do better going to a coin dealer...Not that APMEX is trying to rip anyone off, but if you're selling thousands of coins a day, it isn't surprising not all of them would be up to standard, unfortunately. Bottom line, I still have complete confidence in APMEX and love their selection, speedy service, and reliability. This is especially true for current issues of collectible bullion coins and such...Have not found a better online vendor yet. Keep up the great work, APMEX!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I have no complaints about this company, at least not yet. I have been buying small amounts of precious metals from them for a year so far, and, as far as I can tell, they deliver on what they promise. I can see myself buying from APMEX again in the near future. It's as simple as that, really.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Cancelled an order (twice) and was told a refund would be going on 8/31, then again on 9/1, and then again on 9/5... as of this writing, I have not received a refund and am getting a bit concerned. Customer service has not only been unhelpful, they have been misleading.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

APMEX has always delivered quality products and their services is unmatched. I recently made a purchase and it was shipped swiftly and securely. They sent a follow up email to ensure my product arrived. I have never had an issue using their website and I have no complaints regarding their products.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Have been purchasing coins and precious metals from Apmex for a few years now. Always get what I see on site. Always high quality and good to great prices. Wish they would let you when they are shipping separately. Otherwise always on point!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Sonic Silver Coin was very pretty, a favorite character of my 13 year old. Bought as an early Christmas gift. Looking to purchase more by Christmas. Great website, excellent products, and quick delivery!

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Gold IRA partner.

APMEX Company Information