Find a Gold Dealers partner

Find Gold Dealers partners near you

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Authorized Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

APMEX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I have ordered coins from APMEX on at least three occasions. In order to get the best price, I pay by check. That causes a delay in delivery, which is expected, but saves me from having to pay by wire. Consumer Affairs asking about whether I received an order placed September 23, but actually I placed the order late on September 22, 2021. It took probably five or six days for my check to reach the company, which is a guess on my part, and delivery was made on October 8, 2021. I also order from two other companies online, one that caters to ex-military and one that caters to NRA members and all have provided good service, but APMEX is probably a little faster. APMEX had some 2021 MS70 coins at a low price. For waiting for a bank check to clear, I think service was fast.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

If you read the BBB reports, APMEX has experienced a sharp uptick in complaints. I was very surprised, as I've had no problem with their service and always get exactly what I've ordered, on or about the date they said I should get it. What it looks like to me is a lot more deliveries being ripped off from customers' porches when dropped there by USPS. If you're going to order anything worth money, get a PO Box if you can't trust your neighbors!

I've had issues with raw collectible coins in the past...so if you're ordering a roll of "Brilliant Uncirculated" or the like, you might do better going to a coin dealer...Not that APMEX is trying to rip anyone off, but if you're selling thousands of coins a day, it isn't surprising not all of them would be up to standard, unfortunately. Bottom line, I still have complete confidence in APMEX and love their selection, speedy service, and reliability. This is especially true for current issues of collectible bullion coins and such...Have not found a better online vendor yet. Keep up the great work, APMEX!

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

APMEX is an excellent place to purchase coins and has a wide selection from various national and private mints. The website allows you to pre-order and receive notifications when new coins are available (adding a coin to your wishlist before it's available does this) or when older coins become available. Coins are often available with certifications or COAs, usually in tamper proof packaging. Prices are comparable to similar sites, but the selection tends to be better at APMEX, especially if you are interested in licensed coins (see Movie and Licensed Products under silver...I have not seen any site with such a large selection of these kinds of products).

The description on coins often includes the total number minted and other factors, such as if the coin is part of a series, that help in deciding whether or not to purchase a product. Every coin you purchase at APMEX is tracked and you can see how your investments are doing in your "Precious Metals Portfolio Tool." They now have a phone app, as well.

Original review: June 25, 2021

This company has a large selection of precious metals available to purchase from one gram up to kilos. I purchased 10, 1 ounce Silver rounds. They arrived within approximately 10 days after ordering. I was notified every step of the way. I was given a tracking number so I could easily follow the progress of my order. They arrived carefully packaged in a protective tube. I will order again from this company. In fact I placed an order yesterday.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I was worried after reading reviews from here and buying from APMEX, however I've made three purchases and have had no issues. I did have questions in which Chad from APMEX answered and was polite and helpful. I've bought with both JM Bullion and APMEX. I prefer APMEX even though it's a bit more expensive. The customer service I received was outstanding.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I have been investing in Gold for a little over 30 years. I like to try different vendors, as many Gold offerings vary. I always start by purchasing 1 Gram to test for purity etc. This is the first time I have run into an issue. The Gram Ingot arrived quickly. On examination I was surprised by the brightness of the Gold. Very bright yellow, in my experience .999 24K gold is more of a warm amber color. The second oddity, was that the Ingot is as hard as stainless steel. Again from my experience, 24K is soft and malleable. Other samples from other vendors from around the world are soft enough that it can be bent with little effort. One would need a vice and plyers to bend this ingot. I had it tested by a Goldsmith and the reading returned at 18K. I would advise against doing business with this vendor.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Enjoy the website to browse different collectibles. Very prompt delivery and ease of ordering. Enjoy collectibles. Neat to be able to follow the market for precious metals. And enjoy the sales they offer. Very fun site.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I ordered a 2021 1 oz Silver Britannia in BU condition. However it arrived with dented/chipped edges and the face was scratched. I did contact customer service regarding the condition of the "brilliant uncirculated" coin, and they provided a refund/exchange if I wanted to send it back. Which I wanted to exchange however the hassle of having to mail it back and wait for the return is a great inconvenience. All which could have been avoided if the product I was sent matched what I had ordered. With a precious metal company like APMEX, I would not have expected such poor quality. I later ordered from another company at a lower price and received a much better product than what was sent by APMEX.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I have been purchasing bullion from this company for over 10 years. It is the only company that I purchase from. I have never had an issue stock, shipment, or quality of coins. Shipment is always fast and insured with tracking.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Pay by check process was faster than I expected and item shipped quickly once check payment was received. I was happy with the items and the way the items were packaged. I will definitely purchase more.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Gold IRA partner.

APMEX Company Information