3.79/5

Looking for a good gold dealer?

APMEX

Looking for a good gold dealer?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

APMEX Reviews

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I've ordered a variety of silver coins from APMEX and am extremely satisfied with the quality of their products and services. Products are as-described and top quality and the shipping is fast and secure. Packaging is discreet and protects your items very well. Their customer service is superb - helpful and courteous. I had one very minor issue with a purchase and APMEX resolved it immediately, "no questions asked".

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

A very good experience with my first order from APMEX. First off, it came very quickly. It was sent out faster than any other company I have purchased silver or gold from. The order was for 4 silver coins and one silver bar. They packaged it very well. I am used to USPS destroying things that are sent to me, so this was nice to see it so well packaged. The silver was first wrapped in a little bubble envelope, then taped to the inside of a small but thick cardboard sleeve box. This double packaging method ensures that the silver doesn't slide around even if it takes a hit, and it's away from the corners where hits most often can damage them.

2 of the coins came just in little plastic bags instead of flip. I didn't like that, but at least they were sealed in the plastic which does protect them. The bags are harder to inspect the coins because of the writing on them, but easier to keep them clean the two other coins came in plastic flips, that were then sealed in the little plastic bags. The Bar was in its own sealed plastic that was thick and lets me inspect the silver. 3 of the coins were absolutely perfect when I examined them. The South African Krugerrand has very slight tiny bumps on the outer rim of the front side. It is so slight however that I'm not concerned, and the dots seem to be from the manufacturing at the mint, not from any mishandling by APMEX.

The bar was the APMEX brand 1 ounce silver bar. The symbol and writing on the bar seems very nice and clean, however along the outside edge when looking face on to the bar, there was a noticeable ridge that went along most but not all of the outside edge. Looking edge on it didn't seem that it was a bent edge, so I can only assume its a tiny bit of extra silver. It's not too bad, and the writing on the bar is very nice so overall I'm pleased. I will most likely be buying more of there brand bar because I like the look of it, so I will report back if the error is on all the bars or just the first one I bought.

Since I had no major issues with the order, I can't really comment on the customer service except that when I asked questions before purchasing, they did respond back to me. I received info from them on a frequent buyers program of some sort, and I will be using that in the future. In all, I am very pleased with my first purchase from this company, and will be making more purchases in the near future of silver, and perhaps some platinum. I hope this review helps anyone interested in this company for buying their silver.

Get expert buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I love the selection and the preorders for upcoming coin releases. Customer service is excellent and they reward repeat customers. I’ve never had any problem or shortage on shipping of any kind. Materials are well packaged. I do wish they had a page of upcoming releases that would be updated in release date order. But they do send me emailed fairly often with new releases or preorders and I can have it alert me when the item is available. Just would be nice to have more notice beforehand.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I purchased 3 silver eagles. 1986, 1990 and 1992. All were to be brilliant uncirculated. All three had a spot on the breastplate as if someone was trying to draw a nipple on her. The 1986 has a long scratch on the left field of the eagle and rim toning at 4 o'clock on the reverse. Due to the age of the coins I could have done a lot worse but I feel I overpaid for the 86.

Original review: March 27, 2019

When I was looking for physical silver, I found many options on the internet. I even called another dealer, but they required at least five thousand dollars for each purchase, which leaves someone like me unable to afford that. Luckily, the person I spoke with recommended APMEX and I am certainly glad he did. APMEX does not have a minimum purchase amount, and gives ordinary people like me the opportunity to start investing small and working my way up as I go.

Right now, I have made two separate purchases and have been very happy. So far, I have roughly thirty or so ounces of silver, and will be buying more shortly. The reputation of APMEX and their customer service has been terrific. My orders ship within two days and the insurance is included. I can't wait to share your company with friends who also want to invest in precious metals, but may not be the richest people in the world. Thank you for thinking of the average hard working people out there who want better their financial future. Many thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Apmex is an amazing company. To date, every order from Apmex was handled professionally. Products are shipped beautifully and well protected. Additionally, I have always received quality products as they are advertised. Thank you Apmex, what a quality company!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

Bought a several silver bars and they were not wrapped individually, they were just thrown together into a cardboard box inside another one, what do you think it's going to happen while the items are in transit? Metal items? They are going to rub against each other which means in damage on the pieces. I've bought silver from other dealers and Apmex is the only ones that they don't protect each piece when shipping. This is a great opportunity to improve your service, can you please start wrapping each piece you send in cardboard, bubble wrap or something else? Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I always enjoy my purchasing experience from this company. Their website is easy to use and they always deliver the next business day, which I really love. I will continue to order my silver from APMEX.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

APMEX is the one stop, premier shop for your coin collection. Their staff is well trained and courteous. They have the widest of selections and are competitively priced. I have been dealing with them for some years and have never been disappointed in either their product delivery or the first class treatment accorded by their staff.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I've been using APMEX at least four years now for purchasing silver coins and their prices and delivery are very good. I'm looking forward to purchase more silver coins and I may add some gold coins into my collection too.

APMEX expert review by Barbara Friedberg

APMEX recently celebrated its 15th anniversary and is now one of the top Internet retailers in North America. It has a catalog of more than 10,000 products for investors interested in both precious metal weight and numismatic value to choose from.

• Buy and sell: On APMEX, consumers can see the sell price as well as the buy price.

• No minimum transaction: It has coins priced well below $20 and bullion that comes with price tags in the six figures for larger gold bars.

• Free shipping: Customers get free shipping on domestic orders of $99 or more.

• 60-second price updates: APMEX posts the most recent spot price for precious metals every minute of the day.

• Easy product sorting: Given its extensive catalog of products, APMEX has created easy sorting that allows customers to look by bars versus coins, weight, manufacturer and other important criteria.

• Best for: This gold and precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg