APMEX

Compare Gold Dealers

Research top Gold Dealers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I've purchased many gold coins, silver coins, and silver bars from APMEX over the years and was very happy with them until now. I am purchasing a home so called to find out buy-back procedure and they quoted me well under spot price. Their website, however, has always indicated that they will always at least buy back at spot or maybe a tad over which I now know is completely inaccurate. Find someone else folks. APMEX has lost me as a loyal customer forever.

This product was very good for us and the customer service has been excellent. The price has been very good and it is quite easy to use. The knowledge this company has about this industry is quite amazing and they have done fantastic things for our company. Even the payment options are very easy to get done. Our friends and family have tried it out and they like the customer service. They also commented to us about the good price transparency and the payment options. We have also heard good things regarding their industry knowledge from our friends on Facebook. We have recommended this company to many of our friends on Facebook.

I was just satisfied with the customer service response. I got back a reply in a timely manner with a decent offer which was comparable with what my research proved. Therefore I have no complaints against this company as far as a timely response. According to my research on the worth price, this company is on it and they gave me what I expected according to the weight and karat. They were honest in their prices. I am happy to say they are very knowledgeable in the field of gold and precious metals. I knew what I was owed and they gave me what it was worth. I have no complaints or discrepancies with their offer. I was happy to do business with them because they offered me a choice of payment options which meeted my choice and need. Thank you.

I am a real critic when it comes to customer service and I see potential with APMEX. Overall I had a good experience, timely, and my questions were answered thoroughly. Their prices were affordable but not too cheap either, though it would work for the middle class just right. Payments were doable, though I wish there was for ease of accessibility and protection, and could be a little quicker as the longer the process the less likely I am to complete at the moment. But it got the job done. I am dumbfounded when it comes to this business, so I rely 100% on the industry knowledge that this company has. I've come to trust what I learn from them and I have not had any major problems since.

APMEX knew more about the industry than I did. I feel they are the leading and most secure company when it comes to the knowledge and education of their service. I was assisted by a friendly rep who answered all my questions I had regarding my investment and also explained process before I was even a customer. The prices were very fair and they reflected the true fair market value at the time of my purchase. Any concerns I had about price changes were guaranteed by representative. The way in which I was given to pay satisfied me. I am a new customer and would be interested in using another method if it becomes available in the future. The methods available are in fact satisfactory.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?

The customer service with APMEX was great. I dealt with them about five times regarding some of my orders. Any problems I had the customer support team always handled it in a swift manner and got my problem taken care of very quickly. I was happy with the price transparency when dealing with APMEX. When I did some research to look at the price transparency among other companies, APMEX always had the best deal for what you were getting. APMEX had a great deal of knowledge. Whenever I need help with any of my purchases or just questions in general about the company, the support people I spoke with were always very knowledgeable in their field of work. I liked that APMEX had different payment options for whatever you were purchasing. I used a few different payment options on several orders and all of the orders went very smoothly.

Customer service answered all my questions and took time working with me. They helped me make the right purchase for me. APMEX does everything right from sale to delivery. APMEX is great, started investing a few weeks ago in bullion. Literally stumbled upon APMEX on a search engine, having no knowledge of any sources of bullion. Found APMEX first and decided to purchase two 1 Oz. Silver Eagles and let me say, APMEX has exceptional customer service as well as products. They really put care into handing the precious metals and ensuring it makes it to your door the correct way. 100% satisfied so far, believe I'm up to 5 separate purchases now and will continue to stay loyal to APMEX if they continue to carry out their business in this high quality fashion.

At the end of the day it's bullion, but it's very important to make sure you know the people you're buying it from, as demonstrated in a local coin and collectible shop. In conclusion, go APMEX, you rock. APMEX customer service and shipping are outstanding. Each time I place an order the next day it is ready to ship. A few hours later the tracking info comes over to my email and takes about 3 days until I receive the product. All products arrive in perfect condition each sealed in plastic bag. Great job APMEX! I will continue to buy only from this seller. They offered a wide variety of payment options - e-check, bank or personal check, or credit card. I have used PayPal and I worked great. My order was placed and it arrived a day earlier than expected.

They have fantastic service and support that is easy to get. They go out of their way to make sure that you as a customer are satisfied and they have excellent customer support workers. They have a very knowledgeable staff. I was very satisfied with the overall price transparency compared to other products and companies that were available! I highly recommend them to any consumer that is interested in buying their product. Their product seems to be to me better than any others that are available on the market.

Were very helpful in getting me on the right track to buy the proper product that I was looking for. They also seem to be more knowledgeable than any other company that I had look into. They had great payment options which I was very impressed with. It enabled me to purchase a large amount that I wanted. Their payment options with very affordable and easy to manage which made it very easy for me to make my purchase. I was extremely satisfied overall.

They were easy to deal with and offered no hassle service. I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't walk away frustrated. They took great care of me and made me feel like I was valued. I received a fair price for my goods and I really couldn't complain. They even negotiated with me when they didn't have to. The process was quick and painless. The rep knew his stuff and it showed. I didn't have to second guess the estimate or what they were telling me. It was great service all around. Everything was easy peasy -- fast safe and secure. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't have any complaints and I walked away happy from the experience.

You can call, chat, or email them. I have not tried it anyway. But I assume that given the number of options to contact them, they are available to help. They have tools online regarding gold and silver prices. And it's clearly listed on the website... the deals also list the price. They claimed they are the leading precious metals retailer in the US so I assume they are very knowledgeable. They also celebrate 15 years so that should mean they know their stuff. They accept different kinds of payments - credit cards, PayPal, check, bank wires. They also allow to change payment method... using certain types of payment give you discount.

I have never been displeased with APMEX. Hopefully they think I am a good customer. I have never had a problem with any order. This is, however, the first "pre-order" I have made. I have no worries, though. I have had a number of buying experiences with APMEX and they have all been first rate and I would recommend this company to anyone interested in precious metal type transactions. APMEX continues to have great prices and a very simple, easy ordering process. Ordering is quick and painless, shipping is always fast and coin quality is also excellent. Much better than Kitco, all the way around. No longer need to send a check in the mail. This is so awesome! Thank you APMEX for setting this up for your customers. This new feature is considered five stars in my book!

Hi. I am a Korean, South. I ordered the product (Order# : **) from Apmex but I received from different product from Apmex that was low valued and was not ordered by me. I've sent complaining e-mails many times, APMEX Customer Service Representative Kortney ** give a waiting message during two months. Today, No response to me. Please give a solving to this trouble from APMEX.

Expert Review

Andrew PolacekInvestments & Banking Contributing Editor

Following his two-year term as an investment banking analyst for Houlihan Lokey at their Los Angeles headquarters, Andrew Polacek had a seven year private equity career culminating in a role as a Vice President, first as an Associate at Mainsail Partners and later at Crimson Investment where developing relationships with business owners and investment banks was his primary focus. Andrew is also a knowledgeable and passionate investor in gold and silver bullion who has been investing in the space for over 10 years.

APMEX recently celebrated its 15th anniversary and is now one of the top Internet retailers in North America. It has a catalog of more than 10,000 products for investors interested in both precious metal weight and numismatic value to choose from.

• Buy and sell: On APMEX, consumers can see the sell price as well as the buy price.
  • No minimum transaction: It has coins priced well below $20 and bullion that comes with price tags in the six figures for larger gold bars.
  • Free shipping: Customers get free shipping on domestic orders of $99 or more.
  • 60-second price updates: APMEX posts the most recent spot price for precious metals every minute of the day.
  • Easy product sorting: Given its extensive catalog of products, APMEX has created easy sorting that allows customers to look by bars versus coins, weight, manufacturer and other important criteria.
  • Best for This gold and precious metal investment company is best for retirees, savers and speculators.

Compare Gold Dealers