2. Finance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.35/5

Take a Quiz

Get matched with a Gold IRA Accredited Partner

Find my match

Gold and other precious metal IRAs are an investment and carry risk. Consumers should be alert to claims that customers can make a lot of money in these or any investment with little risk. As with any investment, you can lose money and past performance is not a guarantee of future performance results. Consumers should also obtain a clear understanding of the fees associated with any investment before agreeing to invest.

APMEX Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?

Original review: April 1, 2020

I love this company. They have always been fair and reasonable priced. However, they, as well as other bullion dealers around the country are overcharging way above spot. There is no oversight. When the spot went down, demand went up. Unfortunately, all bullion dealers didn’t freeze prices at the crash, they all went up as spot hit the floor. I could understand holding the premium during this crisis, but this looks similar to “price gouging” during a crisis. When we get on the other side of this crash, I question who I can trust.

Original review: March 20, 2020

Their products are exactly as described. The website is easy to navigate, the purchasing process is fast, easy & secure. APMEX makes it possible for anyone, no matter what your budget allows, to buy precious metals by offering sizes & weights from 1/2 gram up to Kilos. They ship it to you carefully packed, & in very plain, discreet packaging. Mine arrived just a few days after ordering it. I'm a repeat customer & have been for several years now. I hope to do business with APMEX for many years to come.

Get buying tips about Gold Dealers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Excellent selection of products and FREE shipping on orders $99+, you cannot beat that! Customer service is also very knowledgeable and helpful. The account portfolio tool is wonderful for keeping track of your assets. The website is easy to navigate and very user friendly. I have exercised the option to sell back to APMEX in the past but do not recommend doing this unless it's an emergency situation. The haircut on that practice will likely result in a 50%+ loss on investment. Overall, APMEX receives 5 full stars in my book.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

A very good experience with my first order from APMEX. First off, it came very quickly. It was sent out faster than any other company I have purchased silver or gold from. The order was for 4 silver coins and one silver bar. They packaged it very well. I am used to USPS destroying things that are sent to me, so this was nice to see it so well packaged. The silver was first wrapped in a little bubble envelope, then taped to the inside of a small but thick cardboard sleeve box. This double packaging method ensures that the silver doesn't slide around even if it takes a hit, and it's away from the corners where hits most often can damage them.

2 of the coins came just in little plastic bags instead of flip. I didn't like that, but at least they were sealed in the plastic which does protect them. The bags are harder to inspect the coins because of the writing on them, but easier to keep them clean the two other coins came in plastic flips, that were then sealed in the little plastic bags. The Bar was in its own sealed plastic that was thick and lets me inspect the silver. 3 of the coins were absolutely perfect when I examined them. The South African Krugerrand has very slight tiny bumps on the outer rim of the front side. It is so slight however that I'm not concerned, and the dots seem to be from the manufacturing at the mint, not from any mishandling by APMEX.

The bar was the APMEX brand 1 ounce silver bar. The symbol and writing on the bar seems very nice and clean, however along the outside edge when looking face on to the bar, there was a noticeable ridge that went along most but not all of the outside edge. Looking edge on it didn't seem that it was a bent edge, so I can only assume its a tiny bit of extra silver. It's not too bad, and the writing on the bar is very nice so overall I'm pleased. I will most likely be buying more of there brand bar because I like the look of it, so I will report back if the error is on all the bars or just the first one I bought.

Since I had no major issues with the order, I can't really comment on the customer service except that when I asked questions before purchasing, they did respond back to me. I received info from them on a frequent buyers program of some sort, and I will be using that in the future. In all, I am very pleased with my first purchase from this company, and will be making more purchases in the near future of silver, and perhaps some platinum. I hope this review helps anyone interested in this company for buying their silver.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I love the selection and the preorders for upcoming coin releases. Customer service is excellent and they reward repeat customers. I’ve never had any problem or shortage on shipping of any kind. Materials are well packaged. I do wish they had a page of upcoming releases that would be updated in release date order. But they do send me emailed fairly often with new releases or preorders and I can have it alert me when the item is available. Just would be nice to have more notice beforehand.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I'm disappointed with the experience regarding a cancelled order of almost $6,000.00. I was told over the phone that the refund would be processed the next business day. It has been one month and I do not have the money returned nor any updates or explanations. I will call again Monday.

Original review: July 22, 2020

APMEX is excellent choice for those in Puerto Rico to purchase precious metals. Product exceeds my expectations every time. Delivery of product is secure and always on time. You will not regret to do business with Apmex.

Original review: July 20, 2020

The purchasing process was easy and safe. The funds were exchanged in a confidential way ensuring mutually pleasing commerce. I will very likely be doing more in the future. I have purchased from other companies and APMEX is among the best with competitive prices.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Everything this company said they would do - they did. Transparent sales information and accurate pricing along with correct shipping times make it simple to shop here. Regarding the products they sell, it's nice that they have a comprehensive selection. This allows us to expand our collection in multiple directions. We enjoy purchasing both bullion and numismatic items so it is a sort of one-stop-shop for us. Thanks, Donny F.

Original review: July 2, 2020

It has now been 2 weeks since I paid and they still have not put it in the mail. When I inquired they responded with rude emails. I tried to cancel the order but they will acknowledge that I want to cancel. Their Customer Service is awful and rude. I wish I never got involved with APMEX.

APMEX Company Information