2. Finance

Get matched with a Gold IRA Accredited Partner

Find my match

APMEX Reviews

Resolution response: March 28, 2020

Apmex refunded my company's money without charging any fees. As this is a Delaware LLC, no ownership information is listed on Formation docs, etc... I understand where they are coming from. I am still a little upset about one order with UPS that was pillaged by someone for 2 coins, but that's life. Overall, this is a good business.

Original review: March 27, 2020

APMEX employee told me I could set up a business account and invest in physical metals at Citadel. I bought 4 orders for over 10K on average each. The market roared higher. I had Gold at $1450. Then, they came back and wanted all kinds of information on my company that were simply odd and onerous. I sent them my articles of incorporation, certificate of good standing, and my bank wired the money from the company checking account. I am well known in the industry having written for many major publications like Business Insider.

Long story short, after leading me on for a week and wasting HOURS of my time, they made me cancel my orders, forfeiting $5K in profits, and then had the GALL to CHARGE ME CANCELLATION FEES and a MARKET LOSS FEE! I will not be ordering from them again. Completely insulted. I don't trust them, and have orders with coins missing in the past, they never paid me back for.... Dont use them!

Original review: March 21, 2020

Apmex is not a precious metals trader. It is a business. If the price of metals ever goes real high Apmex will refuse to buy. If the price goes too low they will just ignore the change or cite low inventory and preorders to prevent you from buying near spot. I'm sorry but if I cannot buy in the trough or sell in the peak essentially all apmex is saying is, "We aren't providing you an investment opportunity. We are selling you a product only under the conditions that it 100% benefits us." Preselling silver right now at 18, 19, 20. An OZ for standard bullion and coins while spot price has been hovering near 12 for days. Basically if you want to make money on precious metals Apmex is not the place. If you want to pay for overpriced collectors coins or 5 bucks above spot per oz of silver then this is your place.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Great Service and I am fully satisfied with all my purchases! APMEX is one their mark in description of product. I always receive my purchases in a timely manner and the products are securely wrapped and packaged.

Original review: March 16, 2020

For quality and assurance of product but speedy delivery APMEX should be commended. With their easy to use website they make ordering smooth and easy. I highly recommend their products. I have been doing business for over 15 years and never had a problem at all.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I purchased some gold, silver, platinum and palladium bars through APMEX. The buy process was easy and the metals showed up as expected. Fast forward a few years. I go to sell them and the premiums they charge are INSANELY high. For example, palladium is trading at $2,588 an ounce right now. They are offering to buy it from me at $2279. That is over $300 below spot or almost a 12% fee. They claim that everyone is selling it right now which is why they are offering such low prices. Forgive my education in economics but if everyone were selling, wouldn’t the price of palladium be going down and not up? On to Silver, the sell price is over $1 below spot prices that is a little better 5+% margin but still too much. Don’t buy unless you plan to keep forever and pass on to your heirs. Otherwise you get screwed on the selling spread.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about APMEX?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020
    "I’ve been buying metals from APMEX since 2008, 2009. I’ve made sellings since 2013, and I made several sellings through APMEX. It’s easy to buy from APMEX, they give you free shipping. But it’s when you try to sell back to APMEX, that’s when they get you. They charge you, first of all, an outrageous amount of shipping through their official partner which was UPS. They charge you at least $200, they called it fully insured. And what’s really bad is they pay you much below the spot price. For silver, the spot price right now is 18.50, and they paid me like 16.50, $2 off the spot. It’s a rip-off. It’s so difficult to sell metal back to this company or to any company. It makes you wonder, “Why would anybody want to invest in precious metals, especially with physical metals?” There’s so many better alternatives out there for investments, for example, cryptocurrency. Yes, cryptocurrency, they charge you a lot for fee as well, but less than what APMEX charges. APMEX being the number one physical metal dealer, they should really improve on this. So, after I liquidate all my metals, I don’t plan to buy any metal at all. If I want to invest in gold and silver-- probably not, it’s one of the worst investments for the past 10 years. But if I do, I would just buy ETFs, paper gold money and [unclear 0:01:45] instead of buying the physical. I got really burned by APMEX. It’s a terrible company, terrible industry overall. I’m switching 100% to crypto but, first of all, I have to leave this stupid company, APMEX, first. That’s all I have to say. "
    Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I purchase items from APMEX on a regular basis and have always enjoyed their prompt, professional service. I highly recommend their site & company for anyone who either collects coins or invests in precious metals. Their quality service is what makes the difference!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Today's commerce for just about any product can be a daunting task just to make a decision on so many choices and, this includes the sales and purchases of precious metals. APMEX makes the choice easy, efficient, with competitive pricing. The ease on the online purchase has to be at the top or near the top for anyone who wants to buy a precious metal!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I've been purchasing coins from APMEX for the past 10 years and their quality is always top notch, delivery is on time, and coins are valued at a reasonable price. I also like that I can chart past purchases. I highly recommend APMEX for novice and long-time collectors.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

APMEX is a great company that keeps you abreast of order status, shipping times and provides quick delivery times. I'll be back for all my gold and precious metals orders! Their prices are among the lowest and their service cannot be faulted! Bravo!

APMEX Company Information