4.7/5 (686 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $103 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Customized rate quotes in less than 3 minutes
  • Options with low down payment

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No financing for manufactured homes

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Eligible borrowers can find competitive rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan, and the company has an average time of 34 days to closing.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: April 9, 2022

I was very pleased with the people that I worked with. Any questions that I had, they answered with no problems. Everything that I needed, they were always there, willing to help. I was happy with the end result. If I know anybody that was looking, I would recommend them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We're glad to know that our team met your expectations, Thank you Mr. Mabins for sharing your positive experience. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisve.com or by calling 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 8, 2022

The process was easy once I got the hang of it. Our rep was amazing the entire process. If it wasn't her that answered the phone, we probably still wouldn't have a loan. We had to work with her boss a little bit towards the end and he was as helpful as she was.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mrs. Morton for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or by calling 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 8, 2022

The process was super simple and the rep always called me back right away if I didn't get him initially and helped me through some information that was required that I had to collect. The points of the rate and terms were kind of high but other than that, it was fine.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us Mr. Anglin! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-40260

Original review: April 7, 2022

The application process was somewhat tedious, but it was understandable. The follow-up was good. I pursued the mortgage refi because the rates were due to go up and the initial proposed rate was very attractive. But when we got into the details, they had to up it slightly and it was somewhat disappointing that the rate didn't hold.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your mortgage experience with us. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com.

Original review: April 7, 2022

They responded quickly to any questions and took care of any issues that we had. I feel like they value my time and they value me as a customer. I really liked the rep I worked with. If there was something that she couldn't take care of right then and there, she would tell me that she was working on it. She would at least acknowledge me. Also, the process was quick and we got everything that we had asked for.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Michelle Carbajal for your review. We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 6, 2022

It was a great experience with AmeriSave. I went thru a quick conversation over the phone with Jay, who is my contact person. I felt that he cared about me and getting it done and doing a good job. I appreciated that. Then I went through the appropriate steps to get it done. It was done quickly in about three weeks.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Merlo for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or by calling 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I worked with Cody on my refinance and he was awesome. Everything went smooth and it was really and truly the better experience that I've had buying anything. My dad had a VA loan recently and the rate I got with AmeriSave was very comparable. And usually, VA rates are some of the best.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Jeanie Landes for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 5, 2022

Nathan was an aggressive salesperson. He worked hard for me. The process however has been frustrating because covid. We were all working from home. We used to go to banks. We used to sign documents. Now, everybody’s doing it online and I was not very familiar with it. That took a lot of time and was a difficult experience, but we managed to pull through.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: April 4, 2022

After I was approved for the loan, I was unfortunately unemployed. I had to wait until I was able to obtain another job before we could go through with the loan. But my experience working with the rep was good and the process was easy.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your review, as all feedback is greatly important to us. Please expect to hear from someone from our Customer Care Team shortly to further discuss your experience. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-006 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: April 3, 2022

At first, the experience was terrible. I got a representative and his communication was next to nothing. I posted on Facebook about it and that got somebody's attention. So, they assigned it to somebody else and the new person was great.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your review, your feedback regarding your experience is greatly appreciated. Please expect to hear from someone from our Customer Care Team shortly to further discuss your experience. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: April 2, 2022

The reps were on top of their game and were great. The application process was super easy and the rate was competitive.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback Shane Barger and we look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or by calling 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 1, 2022

It's been good so far with AmeriSave. I spoke to a gentleman and he was very personable and easy to speak to.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us Mr. Pisaturo! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or by calling 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I uploaded some things on AmeriSave's website and then I got an email saying, "Urgent. Upload this." But I had already uploaded it. It made me stressed because I felt like they should know that I've already uploaded it. But everything went fine. At first, the interest rate was about a point higher than what I had. I told my loan officer that I had a 3 point interest rate. So he redid it and I got a good rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for being a valued client for ours, Ms. Gray. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: March 31, 2022

The person that called me was very nice and sounded trustable. He took good care of me. It's kind of uncomfortable when they ask for my Social Security Number and this and that. But he made me feel good because he sent me an email with his personal information. He did what he needed to do and the process went super easy. Everything was online and the notary guy came to the house to sign the papers. The process was quick. I refinanced and got some cash back. My rate is now a little lower than what I was paying and my house note went down 100 bucks too.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for taking the time to share this positive post Mr. Obregon-Alarcon. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have been able to make this mortgage transaction smooth for you! If you should need anything further, please fee free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or by calling 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: March 31, 2022

AmeriSave got back to me the soonest and everything went well. The lending officer did a great job. There was some pretty decent communication. However, the underwriters don't look at all the information like they should the first time. They were the biggest problem of this loan process. I sent them multiple copies of the same documents pertaining the same exact information. Their online portal is definitely needing some work too. I was also told I was getting lender credits but in the closing document, I didn't see the lender credits.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Mr. Therrian. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: March 30, 2022

The lady I talked to took up well over two hours going through the process, running numbers, and trying to help me out and explore opportunities. That was really impressive and nice. Also, she always answered her phone when I called her. My loan was a really difficult loan to do and they got it done without dragging their feet and making it go any extra time over the conventional 30-day escrow. I can tell that the loan officer, Natasha, was working around the clock because I can see the times on the email. She worked on her birthday and she worked on her day off. They could not have done anything more than what they did.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your positive review Ms. Betts. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@ameirsave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: March 30, 2022

I tried to do a refinance with Rocket Mortgage but they didn't offer me what AmeriSave was offering. The rep at AmeriSave was great, too. He helped me and was down to earth. He didn't sound like he was condescending, like Rocket Mortgage was. It seemed like I had to keep sending the same copies of paper but it wasn't too bad. We got through it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Mr. Howell, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-40260.

Original review: March 29, 2022

AmeriSave helped us out through the whole thing. When I had questions, they helped me with the questions. They called me back when I needed them. The main person I worked with was Sammy and I couldn't have asked for a better person to help us. We've also got a great interest rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience, Christy! We will be sure to share your feedback with Sammie and our leadership team.

Original review: March 29, 2022

It was great with AmeriSave. They were the first to call and were very easy to work with so I stuck with them. They asked me questions and I answered them. They sent it to me online and I DocuSigned them. If I had a question, they were right there. They stayed with me the whole way. They made it as easy as it could be so I was pleased. I had the documents that I know they require, so it was easier for me. It's stressful when you go through those things because just when you think you've done everything, they come up with something else you need. But it was all stuff that I could produce. It was in less than a month that it was closed.

However, I never give out my cell phone number unless it's a doctor's office or something that needs it but since I refinanced with Amerisave, I have been getting a lot of marketing calls on my cell phone. I like to keep it for personal use because I have a landline that I use for other things. That's my only complaint. I don't know that it was them, but I don't know who else it would be.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Ms. Fox, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: March 28, 2022

The refinance with AmeriSave went as expected. It didn’t take long at all. I'm happy with them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you fore being a valued client of ours, Richard! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Everything was great from the beginning through the end. They were always in contact. If you have a question, you just call them and they help you. I got 2.9 rate and that is exactly what I need. I don't have to refinance later on because the rate is real good. I will refer anybody that I know who's looking for a loan to AmeriSave because it's the best way to say thank you.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback Fernando Reyes! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: March 27, 2022

My husband and I never did FHA when we bought homes and AmeriSave wanted to do FHA. I didn’t argue with them. AmeriSave kept talking about the appraisal. I said that nobody had been here to do an appraisal yet and I didn't know what was going on. They said that they were gonna send somebody else out. They set up one date. I waited for the man all day but he did not show up. Finally, this man called me and said that AmeriSave called him and wanted him to come out and do my appraisal. But he doesn’t do those FHA appraisals. I asked when we were going to have the closing and AmeriSave said that they were waiting on the appraisal. I asked who was gonna appraise it and they said they called a man. I said that the guy was not going to do it because he doesn't do FHAs anymore. He only does banks.

Finally, a man called me one day and we set up an appointment. He showed up, appraised it, and wanted me to fix a whole bunch of problems. I said that I was getting some cash out to fix the problems. If I had the money to fix the problems, I wouldn’t be getting a cash out. AmeriSave turned around and switched the loan to a conventional loan. I had to go through that process again but the guy didn't come out and inspect it anymore. It went smoothly after that. My only thing is, I wish I could get a nice, big folder. All I've got is a bunch of loose papers in a wrinkled-up folder. I wish I had all my information that the rep brought me in something better than the way I've got it. Other than that, I'm happy. The work is getting done and these guys are absolutely going crazy. It's looking better and better.

I was disappointed that I didn't get a lower rate because at the time I did it, the rates were down. I was told it was because of my credit score, which I understand that too. They gave me two point something. I don't know if the conventional loan changed it up to 3.5 because I was 4.5 when I started. I was wishing I could have got a lower rate but at least I got it done. So, all is well. The lady I worked with was very nice and anything I asked her, she answered me. She was right on top of everything and I have no complaints there. Everyone was very nice. It was just one of those things that it didn't do you any good to get upset over it. It was going to work out the way it worked out.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Wanda, thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: March 27, 2022

The staff was very knowledgeable, courteous, and got everything done in an expeditious fashion. I appreciate it. Overall, everything went exactly as we discussed and I was pleased.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your review Mr. Mancus! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-40260

Original review: March 27, 2022

I was very pleased with AmeriSave. The rep was nice and the application was easy but resubmitting the same paperwork over and over again was the most frustrating thing ever. They just kept saying they needed it and it felt like the same duplicate over and over. That's why the process took too long. Even my parents were getting frustrated and threatening to take away their gifts because they kept asking for too detailed statements and things that I read on the FHA thing that they didn't really even need. And then, they wouldn't accept my friend's gift, even though the FHA says they accept the close friends' gift.

But other than that, I was treated very well. They were more willing to work with my situation. They didn't see me as a number. They just looked at my overall and that really meant a lot. It all worked out in the end. I was able to buy my first home.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your mortgage experience is very important to your company. A member of our Customer are Team will be reaching out to you immediately to address your concerns. You may also contact our Customer Care Team at any time by calling 1-888-700-4026 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisavecom

Original review: March 26, 2022

Working with AmeriSave was great and they had a better rate than the others. Everything went well. I did most of the process online but with the rep on the phone, so it was fairly easy. Wes was great. He answered all of my questions and he was available anytime I called him.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Maria, Thank you for sharing your positive experience! We will be sure to share your feedback with Wes and our leadership team.

Original review: March 26, 2022

I had done business with AmeriSave previously and had a good experience. I'm a repeat customer. It made the process easier because they already had a lot of my stuff on file. They had a good rate. I'm dealing with them on a third thing now. I'm on a pre-approval, and I was able to get the same rep as last time, which was really good. Even though it was random, it ended up being the same guy. We had a very good relationship. Based on where everything's going, I'm very happy. All their promises upfront all materialized in the end.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Faron and thank you for allowing us to serve you again! We also thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Theodore took such great are of you. We appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: March 26, 2022

Everything was professional and fast. Patrick, the loan originator, was very helpful too. We were fully satisfied with the whole service. I'd take another loan from them again.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your review Mr. Torres! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: March 25, 2022

Their interest rate was a point better than other companies. The process I went through was easy, as well. It took three weeks to get it all done. Everything went well. The rep called and checked, made sure everything was going all right.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with Amerisave. We sincerely appreciate such kind words. We can't thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I like working with AmeriSave. The application and underwriting process was good. I refinanced my house in Alaska with them and then purchased this house with them because my experience with refinancing was good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Linda, we are glad to hear we provided you with top-notch service! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I liked the way the guy handled it. He always answered my questions. The interest rate was also good at the time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, Ms. Alleva! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information