4.7/5 (721 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jennifer Schurman
Edited by Sally Jones

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #1168) is an online, direct-to-consumer lender that offers home purchase loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also refinance options for those who want to adjust their rate or term or take out cash. AmeriSave has helped over 664,000 borrowers, funding over $115 billion in loans since it was founded in 2002.

Pros

• Customized rate quotes in minutes
  • Lock in rate for 90 days and shop homes
  • Loan officers available to answer questions via chat
  • Closing in as little as 25 days

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No HELOCs or home equity loans

Bottom Line

AmeriSave Mortgage offers a wide range of loan programs in most states. It has competitive rates for eligible borrowers buying a home or refinancing an existing loan. You can check your rates and get pre-qualified without any effect on your credit score.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

The application process was simple but it was occasionally monotonous. They asked for several things over and over again. But besides that, it was good. The gentleman we worked with was excellent. He was always available. We were very comfortable working with AmeriSave. We love the house. Also, we've done a recast with this property within a month and the turnaround with them has been phenomenal. It was quick getting everything done. Use AmeriSave to get a mortgage or refinance.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Gear, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experience of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

My experience with AmeriSave was good. The rep helped me to figure out the right numbers. After that, he also helped me to get the best competitive rates from the market. The process was similar, to where they would open up the portal and after that, I would submit all my documents, and they would come with the eligible criteria, and they were providing regular updates on the processing. It went smooth for the closing. I would like to recommend AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Chirag Pandya, Thank you for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

When I compared with my credit union, AmeriSave's rates were low. However, I didn't check with other competitors since I only had very few days to check my credit score. I didn't want to further go to a different one and keep lowering my score. My refinance with AmeriSave went well, and it was smooth. Rowena, the sales representative, helped me a lot. She kept communicating with me all the time, and she told me a lot of things proactively, like how these things are processed and what kind she needs, any document and other things. Also, the AmeriSave online tool that I used was straightforward, and I was able to upload all the necessary documents and keep checking with the references. Finally, they were able to provide me constant feedback and what are the things that occurred to process my application.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Senthil, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I looked around for the best mortgage rates and was told that I had to pay $500 for a rate lock. It was NEVER disclosed that this fee is non-refundable. That money could have been used for my appraisal fee. I don't have $500 just lying around, they should be courteous enough to return it if we choose not to go with that company. The customer service rep was nice but not nice enough to be upfront with me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Ericka Dickerson, Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I've been with AmeriSave years ago. This is the third mortgage I’ve done with them. I use the same guy, Daniel. He worked very hard on my behalf. I trust them. The process recently was perfect. They were great.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Theron, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I did a refi, and it was a very good experience. The rep took his time to answer every question that I wanted and answered very succinctly. I was able to double-check everything that he asked me. I really enjoyed everybody I worked with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Melvena Newborn, Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

The AmeriSave rep I worked with was very fast, professional, kind and helpful. I appreciated her very much. I liked the way that she talked. I trusted her. Everything went fast.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Moles, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

The rep, Ailin, was super helpful. She really got us out of a spot. We were going to be doing a loan through PennyMac and she showed us that we can get a better rate and that it could be done in half the time that PennyMac was doing it. She ended up having to go on a vacation in the middle of it, and I thought it was gonna be lost because she was doing the loan, but her supervisor was able to take over and helped out a lot in the time that she wasn't able to.

Everything was wonderful. Anytime that I had questions about anything, regarding paperwork that they needed, I called and the AmeriSave reps tried to help me understand it better. I would call Ailin and she'd pick up within hours that she worked and it was no problem. She didn't mind ever answering or calling me back if she was busy. It took less than a month from application to finish, and I was really surprised on how fast the loan went through.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Ramos, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

AmeriSave is good. I started giving their rep information first over the phone, and then he created me an account, and then I just finished up online. With email, it was pretty swift and easy. The rep was super friendly, informative, and helpful. I was impressed with how quick he was of getting back to me and answering my questions. He was my main point, and so I would just contact him. I noticed that towards the end of the process, I got switched to another lady who was just as good. If it wasn't something he could answer, he was really quick about addressing it with her and her getting back to me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Mayenschein, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

My rate from AmeriSave was 5.1, and for nowadays, that's fair. However, the underwriter should have communicated a little better than they did. They called at their own time and term. When I called, no one ever picked up. I always got a voicemail so I ended up sending emails, and I didn't get fast responses. It'll be days later. Their communication was a little slower than I expected because the lender, Mish, was so on pace. I was able to speak with him whenever I felt like it. I was also able to send him a text or email and he was fast to respond. Whenever I couldn't get in touch with the underwriter, I'll reach out to him. Mish was able to work things out in a manner of getting us a loan, making phone calls between the seller and myself, just trying to make the deal work. He spent a lot of time answering questions, things that we weren't familiar with. He explained everything. He had patience all around the board.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Hamilton, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@ameirsave.com

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

AmeriSave addressed all of our concerns in a timely manner, they kept in constant communication with us, and they kept us in the loop of everything. Everything was done online. They submitted the application and took the information over the phone. Then, we submitted documentation to them, and then they responded, and everything moved swiftly. We were ready to close in 30 days.

I worked with several people. Adam was our loan officer. He was amazing. Whenever I called him, he answered. If he didn't, if I left a voicemail, he'd call me back within that day. Wanda was awesome. She was who I was in contact with. When we needed to submit documentation, she'd call back and say, "Oh, we received it.” She kept us in the loop.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Jenkins, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

I had a good experience with AmeriSave. Everything's been completed. I had an AmeriSave representative who would call me and get me to upload information to a portal, and he would walk me through it. He got me started with that and then helped me through the process. As far as the rate, we got as good as we could have hoped for at the time. We got locked into a pretty good one.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Jolly, Thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an Amerisave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

Everything was handled online which was pretty convenient since I was coming from a different state. I got to call and get all my information. Their rep Xavier was the one handling most of my loan and it was very simple to call him if I had any questions. If I was missing any information, he gave me a deadline by when I need it before closing. The closing came pretty fast. I was expecting it to extend because we had some issues getting the taxes for the house but he expedited that. We ended up closing on the exact date when I first expected. My experience was really awesome with them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Yesenia, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I was comfortable working with AmeriSave. My experience has been good. You should try it out.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Arlette Jacob-Thomas, We are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I really had a very good experience with AmeriSave. I really appreciate it. I didn't know if it was fake, ‘cause it was online. I'm just really glad everything was legit and it was a quick process. I applied on May 27th and I closed on my house on July 19th. So, that was quick. Their communication was also perfect. They stayed on top of it. They were definitely good to work with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Shelise, We are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! we appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

AmeriSave's agent was very friendly and anytime I had a question, it seems like she was up 24/7. I could call her just about any time. My rate was great. The service I got was great, too.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Benjamin Fromme, We appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

They had the best closing deals. The process was easygoing. Everything was open and the rep I worked with was excellent. The rate I got is fine for the current market.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Rolston, Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I liked AmeriSave's customer service. Refinancing with them was very easy and convenient. I refinanced with them three times.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Hume, We appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service again to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

If I could give a negative rating I would. It started off great but then I noticed a few red flags. What 1st red flags was they kept asking for paperwork over and over again and the major red flag was when I received my disclosures for my loan had a little over $14,000 in point fees. My estimate 5% downpayment and closing cost was quoted as $35k even after paying 1 year of home insurance and $3,500 in escrow and honest money. The house was only $350k, whenever I tried to get a solid number and what I needed to bring to the table for closing and it was never given…mind you we are like 2 1/2 weeks from closing.

Another red flag they advertised a 3. Something rate so I ask could I get that rate since I had signed loan and they were offering me 4.125% (reason for all those point fees) that I locked in with the $500. So I reached out to Brady ** my loan officer. Asked them could they give me that interest rate. He said he would see what they could do and get back to me. I followed up and that was still the same response so now even more red Flags going up. Why can’t you get back to me and give me the interest rate this being off for two new clients.

So I reached out to another mortgage company Fountain Mortgage. I had them look at disclosure to see if they could save me money and they sure could and have been professional the whole process. Mind you I’m no less than 2 week to close at this point. My loan officer is like we can get it done by 8/15/22. She was like, "Oh yeah you’re paying too much In points" so I am switching. I was able to save over 14 K in points and I will only have to bring estimated of $21,000 to closing.

This is where the nightmare began. I tried to transfer my appraisal and the loan officer try to make contact to see why I wanted to go with another mortgage company and I told him about the fees that I wasn’t paying. I’ll have to come to the table with less money. So he said give him a chance to beat it. I said no that’s OK. I just wanna do the appraisal transfer so he said, "OK no problem. I’ll send over the link for you to pay $600 so we could get it transferred." Multiple emails and calls later no response. Finally sent the appraisal directly to me which is against the law. It should’ve been transferred directly to my current mortgage or so we still going back-and-forth. I reached out on Facebook, call the manager and everyone involved, went to the chain of command no response.

Finally after I went to Facebook blasting a company they told me to email them and they gave me a number to call. I told them all I wanted to do was pay the $600 so I can start my transfer appraisal because I need to close by 8/15/22. Here is where the craziness begins after all the back-and-forth. They stated, "Oh we don’t have a way for you to pay online." Which I found strange since they were able to take the $500 payment from me on phone to lock in rate but now they don’t accept payments online or over phone to pay for appraisal. So then they say, "Oh you have to mail it in" so my current mortgage company said, "Well could you give her the address?"

So about an hour later they finally sent me the address so now I have to get a $600 money order or cashiers check to pay for the appraisal and overnight it in order for them to start the transfer process for me to still make my 8/15 deadline. So if I were you I would not work with this company because their dishonest practices. Check their reviews. I’m not the only one with nightmare story from this lender.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Nikki Strickland, We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your mortgage experience. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Working with them was quick and painless. The application process was fine and the reps' communication was very good. My rate was a bit higher but my score was lower. So they gave me the best for what they could do at the time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Rashidta, We appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

AmeriSave's loan officer got back to me immediately. He was good. There was zero delay in communication and he was able to put it together very quickly. The application was a piece of cake. The underwriting seemed quick, too. If my friends want a company that can get it done very quickly, I'd tell them to go to AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Zacary Shumway, We are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Working with them was quick and painless. The reps' communication was very good. They gave me the best rates for what they could do at the time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Warren, We are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercar@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Bradley and Jenni took away a lot of the pressure and anxiety that comes with home buying. Their communication and expertise was like no other company. We were able to discuss all matters of the process and Bradley welcomed all of questions and constantly reassured me that he was there to serve me. Jenni also ensured that I had every item document and item that I needed and would call and explain things to me. As a first-time home buyer, this was very important. And so greatly appreciate how dedicated they were. I cannot wait to work with Amerisave on my next home purchase.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that Bradley and Jenni could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

My sister-in-law told me about FHA. So, I went online and applied, and it said that it would send my information to a whole bunch of lenders to see if one could qualify. That was when AmeriSave's first lender coordinator, Nadim, called me. After that, Jacob took over, and he did amazing. He gave me and my real estate person a call to mention he took over the case. He stayed in contact and moved pretty fast. Penny did an amazing job as well. She was the one that was assisting him. If one wasn’t calling, the other one was calling and keeping up, emailing me, and letting me know what all was needed, what was going on, and keeping me updated with the case. They did an awesome job. I’m thankful.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Noemi, Thank you for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Working with AmeriSave was awesome, fast, and the easiest thing I've ever done. I had someone from another agency call me and told me there was no way they could get me that rate, and AmeriSave got me that rate. So, I was happy with it. I would tell others to give them a shot.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Anderson, Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

Through the beginning stages, Amerisave was good. The loan officer wanted to finish the paperwork and I asked him from the beginning to make the payment date on the 14th of the month. He put the 1st. He said, "The paperwork is already printed. Let's just go ahead and fill it out, then you can call back in and change your payment date." We did the paperwork, signed them, and I did what he said and called back to change the payment date to the 14th. Now, they won't change the payment date. They say there are only five days they can change it. I told them that was not what their representative portrayed. I have left multiple messages and multiple emails for that representative but he will not call me or email me back. The lack of him communicating with me is a sign that he knows they messed up.

I've called customer service, spoke to them and emailed them exactly what they told me to do. They told me to fill out the paperwork for the auto payment and send in a voided check. They also told me to put on there a handwritten letter stating about needing the payment for the 14th. I did that and they automatically signed me up for a five-day delay payment. I didn't want a five-day delay payment. I didn't check that box on their form. They have done that on their own. I don't know what else I can do to jump through the hoops they want me to jump through. But they're not going to do the auto draft on the 14th. I'm gonna have to go in and pay it online on the 14th each month, which is not what I wanted to do when I have everything set up with auto draft.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Burns, We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your mortgage experience. A Member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I'm very pleased with AmeriSave. I will definitely use them again and I can definitely recommend them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Yolande, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I bought my mom's house. I already had AmeriSave, and it was an easy fix. I called Quentin who was my go-to person at AmeriSave. Quentin gave me everything and did almost everything online for me. I just filled in a couple of things here and there, but it was straightforward. If Quentin didn't know the answer, he would research it and get back to me within a day or two. However, the process was a bit longer than we thought because of other issues. Right before closing, there were things that slipped through the cracks that shouldn't have. The closing agent could have done a little better on their part. Because I didn’t sell my current house and decided to rent it out, they needed to have a lease agreement with a renter on it. But they didn’t tell me that until two days before closing.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Delano, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I liked AmeriSave's quote, and their process was educational. My mortgage loan officer was really great. He was able to help me. He was always available and answered every question that I needed. When I did the process online with my first inquiry, he called me. Then once I started the process, I would upload it into their database. I closed really quickly as well. Once I found the house, we closed in 21 days. It was such a great experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Johnson, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I was originally working with Chad, and then all of a sudden, Mike called. So I was confused. I thought they were partners and that they worked together. But then a new account number was created for me. Mike wasn’t very good. He never gave me feedback. He misguided me multiple times. I had to do an extension on my home two times and almost lost the deal. It caused a lot of stress that really shouldn't have been. I would not have recommended him to anybody. But AmeriSave assigned me a new agent.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Tracey Elliott, Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information