2. Mortgages

4.5/5 (880 ratings)

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $55 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Quick online quote process

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • Some closing delays

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Some customers complain about closing delays, but eligible borrowers can find affordable and fair rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I did a refi through AmeriSave in early 2020 and they were good enough to work with so I tried again. I went through the whole process and there was the guy who was supposed to handle the closing and he was an idiot. I had a couple of dates set up because there were some concerns about my property taxes and he wanted to push the whole process to close. He asked if this day would be right for closing and I told him that I'd be going to Mexico at that time. He said that they've got escrow people who could sign things anywhere in the US and he asked which city I'd be in. I repeated that I'd be going to Mexico and when I told him the city I'd be in, he said that they don't have anybody out of the country. Well, I knew that. I asked him a few questions about the basic paperwork and it was clear that he had never looked at any of the paperwork before calling me.

When I came back from my vacation, he wanted to close again and I asked him a few questions about if the paperwork got updated or if it was correct. He would look at it and he didn't know what was going on. They tried to add in my property tax payments into the close so my loan was going to go up. I said I didn't want that. I asked where did that number come from and he didn't know and that happened a couple of different times. Finally, I had to tell him I was looking through the paperwork and that it was fixed that time. He just didn't seem to care and rankled me in all the wrong ways. But then, Johann, the guy I worked with, cared about me and he wanted everything to happen for the right reasons. When I raised some objections to the closing dates, he got it. He was clear with that. In the end, everything was fine. Johann made sure everything was taken care of.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Kevin, thank you so much for this feedback. We read it and take it seriously. Information like this help us improve in areas that need attention. We will take a look at your loan process/experience with a particular focus on the "closing" portion. We will clean up and train where we can. Thank you again for taking the time to send this and we may reach out to get a little more information. We love to hear about the experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Jhoan took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and thank you again for the review!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

The application process with AmeriSave was good and my husband and I were happy with the rate and terms of the mortgage. Melanie, the rep I worked with, did a great job for me. Even now, when I have any issues, I'm still calling her. She's very helpful.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Yolanda and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Melanie took such great care of you. We are always here for you, so if you have any questions please reach out and let us assist. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

AmeriSave did a great job and working with them was easy and efficient. The application process was easy and their rep was amazing. He was super responsive and communicative. Anything I had a question about, he took care of it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Molly and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Jonathan took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Stay away and read reviews. Have been lied to on 3 occasions from loan originator about refund of application fee $500. Each time stated that he has started refund process or will check into status and no response. Now I am getting no response. Was initially going to refi and was unable to due to length of time since last refi. Planned on using Amerisave when eligible but will never use and will make sure to let others know not to use them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that communication regarding the status of your loan has been delayed or lacking. AmeriSave is experiencing unprecedented call volume and or employees and managers are returning calls as quickly as possible. Your feedback has been forwarded to the sales manager who will return your call. You may also contact AmeriSave's Customer Care Team at 888-700-4026 or via email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

When I started this process of refi, called couple other lenders. When I contacted Amerisave, I balked at the $500.00 "Application fee" but was assured it WAS REFUNDABLE at end of loan process. (Operative words: "End of Loan Process"). I was able correspond with Loan "Person" whenever I called, All was good, rates looked great, etc. Once I gave credit card # for the "Refundable" $500.00, all contact went silent! Phone calls; text Ms'; emails and even the "Chat" feature! were ignored!!!! Credit card company actually didn't/couldn't? stop payment. Holding my breath in hoping this loan will proceed, even without communication,

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that communication regarding the status of the your loan has been delayed or lacking. AmeriSave is experiencing unprecedented call volume and our employees and managers are returning calls as quickly as possible. Your feedback has been forwarded to the sales manager who will return your call. You may also contact AmeriSave's Customer Care Team at 888-700-4026, or via email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

This my third mortgage with AmeriSave and the reason I decided to work with them is because, every time, it's gone great. The rates have been really good and the customer service has been phenomenal. I had mortgages with Wells Fargo before that and I can't remember who else. But their pricing for closing costs and all that jazz was really competitive. I applied for the refinancing online and the nice part about it was that it immediately went to my loan officer. She called me and we caught up for a minute. Then I told her what I was looking to do and she told me to let her run some numbers then she'd call me back. So, she did that and when she called me back, I told her we'd do it.

The application and underwriting process took two weeks but that was because our house is worth a lot more than what we were borrowing. So, that made it really easy. This time, we had to get a new updated appraisal, but we were totally within the limits of what we needed to be in relation to what we were borrowing versus our house worth and the percentage. It was also a huge advantage that I've worked with the loan officer before and she was already familiar with what my priorities are when it comes to financial details. Plus, we were refinancing to pay off some things, so we went through the different things that I wanted to knock off and we found the smartest way. I saved $1,100 a month by doing that and that's in random monthly payments.

All in all, I know everybody's got people that they trust when it comes to their money. But if they were open to suggestions, I would by far recommend that they contact AmeriSave. I plan to stay with them unless we sell our house and we move. For me, customer service means a lot to me. So, even if the interest rate is a tad bit higher, I'm willing to pay that interest rate if I feel like I'm working with a company that makes me feel safe when it comes to money. But if their rates are completely not competitive, then I have to be realistic. I'm a normal working human being and I can't afford to give away free money. So, it has to be reasonable.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Sarah thank you so much for this great feedback! We appreciate that you are a trusted repeat customer! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Shana and the team took such great care of you again! We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

It was a wonderful experience from start to finish. All of my questions was answered in a timely manner and the refinance was one of the quickest refinances possible.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Tamesha, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Eric and the team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

We had a really nice loan officer, Kyle and he did a good job. The whole process just took about two weeks and I was done. Everything was fine. They even sent a notary to the house and I was able to sign papers that way. Look for somebody who will take the time to answer your questions and explain things to you because refinancing or obtaining a mortgage is kind of complicated.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Rebecca, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Kyle and the team took such great care of you. We appreciate the feedback about how important communication is throughout the process, and we agree. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

The AmeriSave customer service team was kind, polite, patient and moved fast. The rate was better than what I had, but I was hoping for something a little lower. Either way, it turned out all right.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Herman, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that David and the team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

The guy that I dealt with was nice. He kept us informed. There were a lot of forms going back and forth, but we could handle that. It was a great experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jerry, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Bradley took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

The only fault I saw with them was that they could improve on getting the documents to me a little faster and for me to research those documents and get the documents back to them. Other than that, it was excellent customer service.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Zachary, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Shawn took such great care of you. We will take a look at you experience and see what we we can do on the document speed and turnaround times moving forward. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

The process took two months, which was a little longer than normal. But after we got all the paperwork worked out, all the guys were good. Sometimes, the communication wasn't the best and we wish it would have been less time consuming. But sometimes, things happen. The reps were both very nice young men and I give them an A+. I would go back through AmeriSave again if I had to. They are a good company and I got family that has been dealing with them for 30 years. With COVID, the situation changes everything but we’re not dissatisfied with any of it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Teresa thank you so much for this feedback and rating. We will look at your experience using the specifics you provided. We will see what we can do in the process to speed it up and to ensure better communication. We love to hear about the experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Darrell and the team took care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

The customer service with AmeriSave was great. They kept us abreast of what went on almost daily. So, the process took just 10 days. I was surprised it went so quickly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jack, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Tim took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Omar, the rep, was great and I enjoyed doing business with AmeriSave. The process was easy and smooth. Every time I called Omar and the other young lady, they picked up or called me back immediately with the information that I needed and told me the best route to take. We started the process in July and I was closed by September. That could've been end of August, but I was trying to wait to see if something else financially came through.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Nicole and thank you so much for this great feedback! We certainly enjoyed working with you as well. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Omar and our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I had a great experience with AmeriSave, just like last time. I talked to Jonathan, the rep, and he was awesome. He ran a bunch of scenarios and asked what I thought. Then, I made my decision. He helped me get all the paperwork together. He knew HOAs and how to deal with them and knew the fax number form and the email address. So, it was easy for me to get all the documentation he needed.

The only thing is I already had my mortgage with AmeriSave because this was the second time I was using them, and I was doing a refi. I was going through the process and I got a late payment phone call from a guy from the collections department, and it had only been three weeks. I told him that I was refinancing with AmeriSave and I would not make my payment till November because it's in the refi process. I gave him the name of the lender rep I was working with and he said that they were gonna hit my credit if I don't make that payment. So, I said that I've been told not to and I'm not going to. He said that before he leaves the phone call, I have to tell him that I was gonna do this. I said I was not doing that and that I already told him that.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Marcus thank you so much for this great feedback and thank you for allowing us to help you for a second time! We will look into the communication between our Process Department and our Servicing Department. We can and will do better there. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Jonathan took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Most of the time, AmeriSave’s customer service was very good although occasionally, it took a while to get back to me. During the application process, they asked for some things that seemed ridiculous but when I voiced concerns about those things, they went away.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Judith thank you so much for this feedback. We read it, value it, and will use it to get better where we can. Communication is so important to us and thank you for taking the time to let us know where we can improve. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Delfina took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

After you join and pay $500 app fee you will get 0 email responses, they will answer 0 phone calls, you will be completely ignored, in 2 months they will decline your application and run away with your $500. -Tyler ** was one of the guys involved.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciated your patience, and we regret that the communication that you received was not superior on your loan.

Your mortgage experience is very important to our company, and a Sales Manager will connect with you regarding this matter. Our Satisfaction Team can be reaching at our toll-free number 888-700-4026, or by email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I gave AmeriSave a call and their rep, Robert, answered. He was really quick on getting back to me and he made everything simple and laidback. It was a very easy process going through. The online application process worked very well for me too. In the beginning, I was quoted an eighth of a point higher than what I wound up getting. The only reason was I had talked with another mortgage refinance company and they were wanting to have my business a lot. They offered me an eighth of a point lower without any extra points being bought. AmeriSave matched it, which was good for me because I was already halfway through the process. AmeriSave is professional. They did a spectacular job and I was very happy going with them. I would give people looking to refinance AmeriSave’s number so that they can give them a call and give them a chance.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning John and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Robert took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

This is the fourth time I've worked with AmeriSave for different mortgages or refinancing and they are fantastic. The person I dealt with, Lori, has been fabulous and every time, I recommend her to other people. We have also done a few other purchases through them and I've always gone through Lori. Their process is expedient and mindless for me. Also, we've been really happy with our rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Laurie, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, especially those that are repeat customers! We are happy that Lori took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I paid my $500 dollar deposit and filled out paperwork. Submitted everything they asked for and then nothing, I kept trying to contact them and calls and emails were ignored. They Kept my $500 and never responded to me. Look elsewhere. They just want your $500!

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that communication regarding the status of your loan has been delayed or lacking. AmeriSave is experiencing unprecedented call volume and our employees and managers are returning calls as quickly as possible. Your feedback has been forwarded to the sales manager who will return your call. You may also contact AmeriSave's Customer Care Team at 888-700-4026, or via email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

The lending process with AmeriSave was good and it was transparent. I filled in the application and the rep told me what the different options were. They sent me to the portal and I filled in the stuff when I needed to. I didn’t need to do much of anything with them, which was a good thing, and the rate and terms were the best of the ones that I looked at. So, I approve.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Stephen thank you so much for this feedback. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Kevin and the team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

The gentleman who first spoke with me walked me through the process seamlessly, which was streamlined. With my other refinances, I had to go to the attorney's office but AmeriSave sent an attorney to me, which was nice.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Kevin, thank you so much for this great feedback! We are glad that we could accommodate your desire to sign at home. We try to do that in all transactions where we are allowed to do so and the customer wishes it. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Tony took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I was indecisive at first, and then AmeriSave helped me out, and we got everything done. The rate was great and I was very happy that everybody was able to assist me and answer all of my questions. It was seamless, easy, and I was glad that I ended up doing the refi.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Adrian, thank you so much for this great feedback! This can be daunting and our goal is to be here for you every step of the way. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Eddie took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I liked how my rep connected and how he did his job, went through everything, explained everything, and made it pretty easy to go, "Okay. Let's get this done," and made it happen in quick fashion too. Within two weeks, everything was already processed. AmeriSave was able to keep in touch with us and check in and make sure we got everything we needed. Thankfully, they took care of it from point A to point B. Best rate I could get as far as I'd looked and done a little research. There were several other companies that were about the same rate, but they wanted to charge more fees.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Jess and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Jessica took such great care of you. Communication is the key to any interaction and we work hard to delivery it quickly and clearly at all times. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

I was satisfied with the application process. It was easy. Also, I was very happy with the rate and terms.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Eric, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Joshua took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

The gentleman I first spoke with explained everything and always answered my questions. But then, once that part was over and it was approved, it was really difficult to get in touch with someone. The loan hadn't been registered yet, I had a flood, and I was trying to find out what to do with the insurance check that I received. I would call and leave messages and no one ever called me back. I contacted Troy and he got me an address, and then it took weeks before I could ever speak with someone to find out where to send the check to. Now, it's been about six weeks because I needed their endorsement in order to cash the check and I still don't have my check back. They sent a notary here, which was convenient, and he was really nice and seemed really knowledgeable. But when he left, he forgot to take all the signed paperwork with him. So, he had to come back the next day and get the paperwork.

I was told I would settle on the 9th and it was a couple of weeks later because I threw a second mortgage in with it and it took a couple of weeks before I got the money paid back out to me so that I could get those loans paid off, which ended up costing me more money, so that was my issue. Also, I understand that mortgage companies sell it, but they're working with the bank that will be handling it. I wasn't happy with who they sold it to or who's going to be processing it because I looked them up and they don't have a very good track record.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for connecting with our Customer Satisfaction Team today. We appreciate your patience, and your mortgage experience is very important to our company.

If we can assist you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our Satisfaction Team at our toll-free number 888-700-4026, or by email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com. Thank you again for allowing AmeriSave Mortgage to serve you with our mortgage needs.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Their process was excellent. AmeriSave is who I closed with from the beginning. And when interest rate dropped, I just called them again because Jacob was so awesome of an agent. So, I went right back with him to get it refinanced. My rates and terms are decent. This company has done good by me so far.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Sherine thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Jacob took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

The application process was really smooth and quick and it only took five weeks, which I thought was in the right time frame. My rep was on top of it from the beginning and it was as promised.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Keith thank you so much for this great feedback! Smooth and quick is what we are after! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Tony took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The best part between a client and a company is being always there when the customer needs them. If it's the first time for the customer to do this stuff, any questions arise from him, the company should always be able to answer that. When a customer calls, that is something that the company needs to comply with. I got that from AmeriSave compared to the other lender. It's just sometimes my loan processor or whoever is taking care of the paper is out of sight or has no signal because of our time zone difference. But nevertheless, it's been patched up right away, so that's good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mrs. M, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that our team took great care of you. We will take a look at your experience and see where we can improve on the communication. That clear, quick, and helpful communication is a huge part of who we are and what we strive to provide. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

The interaction with the original loan originator was fine. It was after the fact where the communication breakdown was. Other than that, the process went fairly well.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Sean, thank you so much for this feedback. We love to hear about the experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Michael took great care of you. We will look at your experience and specifically the communication throughout the process. We will see where we can improve and address it. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review.

Bryan