4.7(5,723)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #1168) is an online, direct-to-consumer lender that offers home purchase loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also has refinance options for those who want to adjust their rate or term or take out cash. AmeriSave has helped over 664,000 borrowers, funding over $115 billion in loans since it was founded in 2002.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Customized rate quotes in minutes
  • Lock in rate for 90 days and shop homes
  • Loan officers available to answer questions via chat
  • Closing in as little as 25 days
Cons
  • Not available in New York
  • No HELOCs or home equity loans

Stars Rating

• 82%
  • 12%
  • 3%
  • 2%
  • 1%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?
    Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2023

AmeriSave was nice to work with. It's been the easiest process ever that I've ever had with a loan. The online portal is the way to go. They told us every piece of information we had to download on there and it was quick. The communication was awesome.

Punctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 14, 2023

The application process with AmeriSave was long because I jumped the gun. In the beginning, I was real confident that I had everything. But as the process was going on, my confidence kind of waivered, because it was taking so long and I still gotta make payments towards other things because it was not happening as fast as I wanted it to. There was a lot of going back and forth with paperwork I had to submit and then, the underwriter needed more information as opposed to the actual application process.

Once my agent explained everything to me, it went kind of fast and my confidence level got back to where I started at. I got the paperwork submitted to them and they moved forward quickly. Also, the lending officer that I started with was good. During the course of the whole lending experience, they switched me to various officers and I had three different officers. Each one of the officers was informative, patient with me, answered all my questions, and got back within a timely manner. When I sent in the paperwork and it wasn't fully what they needed, they would reach back out to me and let me know. I'll tell others AmeriSave is a good way to go. They're fair, trustworthy, up-front, transparent with you, and they tell you what you need. If you get them what they need, they'll make it work for you.

Reviewed Aug. 14, 2023

The initial experience was good, but then we got transferred from our loan originator to our loan processor and she was not very responsive. It ended up causing us to be a week behind. We didn't have to push our closing date back, but there was a lot of stuff that we had to scramble to get in last minute because she apparently went on vacation when she was given our file. Overall, it was a good experience aside from that one hiccup. I was satisfied with the rate as well. We ended up getting 6.7%, which right now, is not terrible from what I've come to be told.

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2023

The loan officer was awesome. It didn't matter if it was past working time, he was gonna do what he had to to get things done. I really appreciated it. It was helpful with somebody that didn't know all the ins and outs of everything. He ended up finding a way to go around without using my income because the lady wouldn't do what I needed done. He worked with us and we got it all done. Amerisave went above and beyond.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRatesTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2023

I was very pleased with AmeriSave from beginning to end. The reps were very informative and kept me informed of every process. I dealt with Matthew in the beginning and then, Christopher, and the communication was excellent. I'm very happy with the rate, especially when I look online today. AmeriSave should keep up the good work. They're great. They informed me that my mortgage would be serviced by another company, which does happen.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffRatesTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2023

It was a great experience working with AmeriSave Mortgage. Spoke to one of the loan officers. He walked me through everything, sent me some e-documents to sign. He was nice, knowledgeable, and willing to help with anything. Everything was very easy. They worked with me on everything. Fast turnaround. I was surprised. The rate and terms are in line with everything that's going on.

Punctuality & SpeedLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Aug. 11, 2023

The refinancing process with AmeriSave was very slow. I almost left and didn't go through with it. It was just getting flood insurance and it was very long. I have financed probably four houses in my lifetime and it was the worst experience. It was almost two months. But the rate and terms are alright and I plan on getting refinanced the next year.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

My first experience with AmeriSave was great. The rate in terms were excellent. The salesperson was excellent. She was timely, and she got back with things right away. Things moved really smoothly. After she did her work, it ran into a mud puddle and it slowed way down. They requested things over and over again. The underwriters would request things they already had because they weren't paying attention to the fact they already had it. You could never talk to the underwriter. It got weighty then because they were opposite of the saleslady who we met with first. They could have looked to see what they had in their file before they requested it. We submitted exact same things multiple times.

StaffRates

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

I had a good conversation with Daniel, the guy that was my mortgage lender with AmeriSave. He was very helpful and very understanding about what my situation was. Based on our conversations, I thought he would do a good job. I told Daniel what my situation was and what my constraints were. He looked at it and told me what he could do. He went step by step in terms of what we needed to do, what we could do, and what my parameters were so that I could look for a place. It didn't take long for Daniel to get me pre-qualified. But for me to find a place took several months. In the end, I got a fair price, given the constraints of the mortgage industry at that point in time with the interest rate.

StaffRates

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

Our rep from AmeriSave, Matthew, was awesome. The only difficult time was dealing with the underwriters, but it was just trying to get documents. Everything went fine, but everything was rushed at the last minute. I wasn't upset about it. It's just a little frustrating. Underwriting could have been a little quicker. We didn't know if we were approved until the day before we closed on the house. Other than that, it was perfect. Interest rates are high, but everything worked out.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

AmeriSave has a great process. It was simple. Someone immediately called me and we got started. When I had any questions or concerns, they were right on it. If I had a problem, I just call and they would answer and it would be resolved. I like that they kept in constant contact. They were impressive. Their rates were in line with everything, too. I would highly recommend them.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedLoan ProcessRatesTransparency

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

I called some number and they appointed AmeriSave. I spoke with them and they gave me a rate. I went with them and the application process was good. I was approved in under a week. If I had any questions, customer service answered them right away. Everything was transparent. If there were any updates, they kept me updated right away.

I recommend AmeriSave. They were very straightforward and quick. They were very helpful and I was very happy with the service and the rates. It was a seamless process. I wanted to get a rate on a home equity line of credit and I couldn't do that because it's an investment property and I needed to take some equity out of it. AmeriSave recommended that I do a cash-out refinance, which actually gave me a lower rate and I was able to achieve what I would like to have accomplished. I'm very happy with them.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

Everybody was good though a few times, the experience with AmeriSave got stressful. The whole process took a while but I understood that.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

The process with AmeriSave was quite easy. They ask for the paperwork and you give it to them. They do their background checks and you do your checks. You do your numbers and they do their numbers. Then, you go to signing. Jonathan, the rep, is gonna answer your questions even if it's 9 o'clock at night. When I told him I didn’t like something, he either answered my questions or got it resolved. People should go with AmeriSave and try to find him. The rate and terms were competitive. At the time, I did some work online to see what the rate should be at this point. And that's what I got.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffRates

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

AmeriSave requested the entire copy of my divorce paperwork but it could be the lender that AmeriSave worked with. I had a legal name change and that was a little evasive because I've been divorced for almost three years now. But other than that, I don't have any complaints. Tim, the rep, was great and I had a good experience with AmeriSave. It was quick and easy. The rate and the terms were better than what had been offered elsewhere. I wanna refinance my house when I got divorced. My rate was 3.25 and they got me 5.25. But the whole rates in the country are not great right now. That's lower than what I've seen elsewhere. Other people had quoted me up to 9%, which is insane because I have good credit.

Customer ServiceLoan Process

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2023

Without the guy who helped me, Daniel, the application process with AmeriSave seemed a little difficult. But with this help, it was easy. Daniel was really good. If I called and he wasn't able to answer, he was able to call me right back. And we worked through all the paperwork to get it done.

Loan Process

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

The refi was easy to get through. The whole process was two to three weeks.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed July 31, 2023

The woman that I initially talked to was not only extremely helpful, but answered questions quickly. And she had a good response time. That, coupled with some of the rates and some of the overall numbers, is why I chose AmeriSave Mortgage. There were occasional times when some of the progress got bogged down by systems. But most of the process was easy and streamlined. They did a great job.

Reviewed July 29, 2023

It has been a pleasure to work with AmeriSave Mortgage. They gathered some information about me and processed the loan accordingly. Everything went nice and smooth. It was easy compared to several loan process that I've been through before. Everything was simple and to the point. They were fair with the loan terms and rate. I'm fairly happy with the way everything worked out. Give them a try.

Customer ServiceLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed July 28, 2023

My application process for a new mortgage with AmeriSave went smoothly, which took two weeks. The communication was good.

StaffLoan ProcessRatesTransparency

Reviewed July 23, 2023

Getting my mortgage was initially fine but the closure process was a mess. They were very disorganized. We almost missed the closing date due to their failure to review my paperwork errors and changes. We were two weeks from closing and they still hadn't done any of the paperwork that needed to be done for that, My realtor and I were calling them every few hours to tell them, "We're closing in two days. You haven't provided us with the paperwork." They have very little transparency on the final loan approval and making paperwork available to titleholders and the closing people. Plus, they were constantly shuffling the work between different people and finding the person working on it was extremely difficult.

We didn't have the same person the whole time so I would have to explain everything from the beginning again. They were in the process of corporate restructuring at the time and that was their excuse. The rate I got was fine but their lock-in period is a bit longer than other companies. My experience was not great and I won't use them again.

Pinned

Mr. McKay, thank you for your review as all feedback is greatly important to us. Please expect to hear from someone from our Customer Care Team shortly to further discuss your experience. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com.

StaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed July 22, 2023

My loan officer was pretty cool. But when my wife and I did some digging, we found out that I bought my interest rate for $15,000 and we didn't like that. I knew something wasn't right about the interest rate that we got, and we couldn't understand why we were paying cost because we were already living there. That wasn't shown to us either. Amerisave should disclose everything that’s on the table for the buyer, like if they don’t qualify for a good rate, they should let them know. But everything else was pretty cool. All the agents were great.

Pinned

Mr. Knox, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Staff

Reviewed July 22, 2023

It was great with AmeriSave. Both of the people that we talked to were fabulous.

Pinned

Ms. Record, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

StaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed July 22, 2023

The reps gave me a lot of knowledge about the loan. They were on their game. The rate wasn't bad at all and the terms were good. I totally agree with it. People should look into AmeriSave and give it a shot.

Pinned

Mr. Hernandez, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed July 21, 2023

Applying with AmeriSave was easy. They asked for a few documents and I already had everything so it was not a problem getting them anything. My wife keeps good records of everything. The application and underwriting process took under two weeks. Everything was pretty much good. AmeriSave was helpful. They asked me for what they needed from me and I got what they needed. If there were any problems, they called me. I got it taken care of and it was good.

I was very comfortable with AmeriSave. My rep picked up the phone if I had a question. After the process was done, I wanted to know how I returned the money because I wasn't ready to use it and he returned my call in 10 minutes. He told me, "Give it a couple of weeks, and then the money gets deposited, and you put it back." That was exactly how it went down.

The only thing was they said there was a lien on my house. They said it was my wife's but it wasn't. I told the guy this and all of a sudden, he was like, "Oh, yeah, it's not her." It was no big deal. There was one other thing. I have an 800 credit score and I have a house that's worth 70. I only owe 150 on it and I was only taking 40,000. The rates were a little high and the rep said that was the going rate. That was my own fault too because I didn't shop around. AmerSave called me and I just said, "Let's do it," because I had to get something done in my house.

Pinned

Mr. Charles, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-7026.

Reviewed July 21, 2023

I was working on a refinance with them. The loan officer was unable to do simple math and forecast if the loan was even viable. He gave bad information and couldn't even get the address of the property right. In the end they came back and tried to give me a loan on a partial refinance. They wanted to give me a 7.5% loan to replace a 4.25% loan that didn't even come close to achieving the results asked for in the beginning. It would have added $10,000 to the loan and been more expensive than my original loan. Then they pressed to try and close immediately. Completely unethical company. I would avoid them at all cost.

Pinned

Mr. Freitag, we are truly sorry to hear about this experience. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com. Thank you!

StaffLoan ProcessRatesTransparency

Reviewed July 14, 2023

If it hadn't been for Crystal, I wouldn't even have considered AmeriSave. AmeriSave had nothing to do with it. It was her. She was a very smart young lady, and she went out of her way to explain everything to me. She worked really hard getting my stuff done so I can get the money. I would recommend asking for her. If somebody said, "Why did you go with that company?" I would say, "It was because of her." The process took maybe 30 days from start to finish. I've done it one time many years ago, and there's a big difference. I never had to go through all that stuff that I had to go through just to get paperwork and copies. It's just too much. The first time was better. If Crystal have not talked to me about it and explained everything, I would have never done it. As far as the rates and terms, I thought it would have been higher than what she offered me but they were what I expected.

Pinned

Ms. Campbell, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Reviewed July 14, 2023

AmeriSave's application process was pretty simple and straightforward. It took less than 15 minutes and everything went smoothly.

Pinned

Antonio, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

StaffTransparency

Reviewed July 13, 2023

The reps were thorough and they communicated very well with us. It was a fairly painless deal. Everything went as I thought it would. It helped that I had good credit. The whole process from start to finish was 30 days. We have done this before with the mortgage company that we previously had and the process went back and forth. It took us four months.

Pinned

Mr. Kell, thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this great feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedLoan Process

Reviewed July 13, 2023

AmeriSave gave me a good option. The process was seamless. It was much simpler than getting my first house. They have an online portal where I could submit all my stuff and sign all my documents. It's very user-friendly. It gives you everything. It tells you where you got pending tasks. They send emails to you when you have stuff to do. That was the reason it was fast. After all the paperwork was in, the appraisal came out within a couple days. It took about a week to get the appraisal back. Within a couple of days, the underwriting came out. That didn't take long too.

Pinned

Dicoy, thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Reviewed July 12, 2023

AmeriSave is a really good company They were dedicated about getting the loan closed. The reps were really easy to work with and good at what they do. I would always have an issue uploading documents through their portal and my loan officer would say, "Don't worry. You can just text or email it to me instead of uploading."

Pinned

Burl, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessTransparency

Reviewed July 12, 2023

I did the preapproval and I got a lot of phone calls from different companies. But I decided to give AmeriSave a try. It was something about the rep, Ryan. He sounded really sincere and honest. The process was pretty simple. He asked me some straightforward questions about my credit and my income. Then, they did all the work and put everything together. He walked me through every phase of what was going to happen, what to expect, and the paperwork. Every time something came to my email, he would send me a text to say, “Check your email.” It was a really easy process, given that it was my first time refinancing my house. Also, it was online and it was pretty easy for me and I really liked it. I didn't have to fax anything. I was able to just sit at my computer and print, scan, and upload documents.

The only thing was there was some stuff that was incorrect that I did tell Ryan in the beginning. I was catching it and he said they would fix it. But then when we got to the very end, we couldn't go any further and we had to fix something. That was stuff I said needed to be fixed in the beginning. But it wasn't a big delay and I really had a very positive and smooth experience. Ryan was so thorough and dedicated. At times, I felt like I was talking to my friend. I was nervous and I would text him and he would talk me right off the ledge. It was like he virtually held my hand through the entire process.

Pinned

Ms. Gordon, thank you for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 12, 2023

They offered a good deal. They sent me an application. I filled it up. The rep asked everything he can ask based on all those stuff. At the end of it, he said, "Yeah. You're approved." It was quick. I was not expecting to get qualified for that amount because it's what I wanted and AmeriSave helped me to reach it. Other banks were just giving me little money.

Pinned

Olivier, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-7004026.

Customer ServiceStaffLoan ProcessRates

Reviewed July 3, 2023

The rep that I worked with helped me along the process and made the experience more enjoyable than a task for me. The other ones did not. I had to do all the work and I didn't appreciate that. But with the AmeriSave, they made the experience a lot easier. They have my AmeriSave account to log into. It tells me my task that I have to do in order for them to process. That got a little aggravating 'cause it kept repeating the task over and over. But all I would have to do was call and talk to my loan originator and she straightened everything out. She didn't let me go through all that online mistakes. She was wonderful. I like her ability to know what I needed and what I was talking about. When I told her some of our situations, she already knew. She had done it with somebody else. She kept in touch all the time. I like having one person.

I went with the cash out option to refinance. All I had to do was give basic information and send pictures and they took it from there. The closing was simple too. They sent someone to the house. The only thing that was not a good experience was waiting on what my money was gonna be at the end of the loan because it changed several times. I had to sign several different final notifications because the amount kept changing. But we got a good rate so I'm very happy with it.

Pinned

Mr. Prince, thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaffLoan ProcessRatesTransparency

Reviewed July 3, 2023

The application process was easy. The roughest part was just, after I thought I had submitted everything, I had to keep going to get stuff because I had some stuff in my name for other people. However, AmeriSave told me what I needed and everything went smoothly. Erin and Jennifer were the two ladies that helped me the most, and they were really good. I liked the way they communicated with the updated technology. That's really what kept me with AmeriSave. At one point, I had an offer for someone else and the rate was a little better, but it was hard to reach them. Every time I called them, I got a voicemail. Between Erin and Jennifer, one would text, and if one wasn't in, the other one would say, "Hey, she's not in, but I can help." That was the best part.

They made sure they kept in touch, and whenever I needed help with something, I would reach out or send a message. For the most part, communication was through text messaging to let me know, "Hey, you good? Do you need anything? Call if you do. Or send a message if you can't reach me and I can call you back." It was really good, especially seeing that I work. So I'm typically always on the phone. I was able to shoot a text like, "Hey, I'll be free an hour. Can someone call me?" They helped things go along. Otherwise, I would have had to wait on my off days, and that would have slowed the process down.

Pinned

Ms. Mitchell, thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Punctuality & SpeedStaffRates

Reviewed July 2, 2023

Working with them was positive. From beginning to the end, it was really quick. The rep I worked with was straightforward. Plus, their rates beat everything else I found by a point. I got a really good rate at AmeriSave. You should check them out.

Pinned

Sean, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2023

Their promptness at getting back to us when they said they would stood out. We went with a home improvement deal and everything was funded in 30 days. The communication and response was good and we had a very good experience with the rep. The terms were really good too.

Pinned

Mr. Lickhart, thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Punctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaffTransparency

Reviewed July 1, 2023

The loan officer, Ali, was very responsive, his communication was thorough, and he was very upfront. The application was fairly easy because Ali guided me through any questions that I had. The underwriting was also pretty quick and I was able to lock in at a rate of 5.7. There were some last minute things that they were requesting but that was more of the seller's fault for not sending me the addendums that we needed. So the hold-up wasn't on AmeriSave's part. Now, I own my dream home.

Pinned

Toni, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffRates

Reviewed July 1, 2023

I had a great experience when I reached out to AmeriSave and I got quick responses. I would recommend them. They were wonderful and I was surprised at how easy it was for them. I was expecting lower rates but based on the appraisal, I understand.