4.7/5 (686 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $103 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Customized rate quotes in less than 3 minutes
  • Options with low down payment

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No financing for manufactured homes

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Eligible borrowers can find competitive rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan, and the company has an average time of 34 days to closing.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: March 24, 2022

Warning! This is a scam! They have you pay $500 to “secure your interest rate” but you don’t get the loan when you need it. I had to call my credit card company to get my $500 back. My real estate agent told me not to use AmeriSave because their loans always fall thru.

Original review: March 24, 2022

The process was really quick and smooth. Everything was handled efficiently. The rep was great and their interest rate was good. We're happy. I referred my daughter to AmeriSave for a mortgage loan.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We are glad to know our team met your expectations, Diane! Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Overall, the majority of my experience with the representatives was excellent. I probably caught one of them on a bad day, but after mentioning that, I never had an issue ever again. Everything else was fine.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you P. for being a valued Amerisave client!

Original review: March 23, 2022

AmeriSave is one of the better companies out there that I found and everything's an easy online process. You get it done really quickly. The rep got back promptly. She also had all the questions answered when I had questions and there were really no issues and no hang-ups. She made sure I was taken care of.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for being a valued client of ours, Billy! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: March 23, 2022

The loan officer that I liked was Heather. She was very good. But the only thing that was a drawback was the phone tag. They would send multiple emails. It wouldn't be all in one shot. It was like too many hands were in the pot and trying to get it done was impossible. But we got it done.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for being a valued client of ours, Lisa! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: March 22, 2022

Extremely inconsistent! I submitted for a pre-approval on 3/19/2022. In the chat, the rep requested to call my phone, but I let him know that I was working, so we set an appointment for 3/21/2022 at 4:30 pm. He then calls my phone anyway, so I had to briefly remind him of our appointment set for Monday and that I was still at work. He had the worst attitude with me!

So now Monday 3/21/2022 at my scheduled appointment time, I get no call or email from anyone in the company. He calls the next day in the AM and says that it was “someone else” that was handling my application. I let him know that I was working so he scheduled it for today 3/22/2022 at 5:00 pm. Can you guess what happened next?? No phone call, email or text!! I finally call him at 6:30 pm and he lies to me. He says that there was a system-wide blackout and makes no apologies. Not only did he lose me as a potential customer, but my sister as well. Wow. If there was a negative zero, then that’s what I would rate my experience with Amerisave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you immediately to address your concerns. you may also contact our Customer Care team at any time by calling 1-888-700-406 and/ or sending an email to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: March 22, 2022

The process with AmeriSave went pretty quick. I enjoyed working with Conner. He was professional and knowledgeable. He made the process easy. The rate was lower than what we had but I would have liked it lower.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience, M.! We will be sure to share your feedback with Conner and our leadership team.

Original review: March 22, 2022

The process took about a month. But everything was fine. The representatives were great. They explained everything really well. It saved me. Everything worked out the way I wanted it to work out. Lowered my interest rates, saved me a little bit of money. So, it was a win-win for everybody. I was also glad to get in when I did. They were already talking about raising it. AmeriSave was great to work with. I would recommend to price them out and see what they’re offering amongst others.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for being a valued client of ours, Glen! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: March 21, 2022

They call me daily from a call center in India from VOIP numbers that constantly change. The numbers do not have caller ID and use a local area code in an attempt to trick people into picking up. They also never leave a voicemail, further trying to lure people into answering. This type of marketing reflects poorly and leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wish these companies had an SOP limiting the number of harassing calls and to use a proper business phone number - it is disruptive to my day.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We have still not heard back from you regarding the feedback that you had provided for us here. Please take a moment to reach out to us so that we can assist you. Please contact our Customer Care Team by calling 1-888-700-4026 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com.

Original review: March 21, 2022

We've used Amerisave before and it was way quicker to go with them again than starting over with someone else. Most of the communication was by email and text. That was perfect. They were great with us.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good afternoon Shane and thank you for allowing us to serve you again. We also thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave. We look forward to helping you again in the future an appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: March 21, 2022

The guy from AmeriSave was nice. I really felt very good about going with them. They were terrific and very accommodating.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for the 5 star review, Joanne!

Original review: March 20, 2022

The process was fairly simple. Zachary was my agent and he explained it to me. I was hesitant at first but he told me it would only take about 30, 45 minutes and costs $500. He hooked me up with the website where you can upload all your documents and it told me what I needed to do moving forward, so it was easy. However, when I was trying to make my first payment, I had called AmeriSave a lot trying to figure out who to pay. They kept trying to get me to the sales department. But nobody would ever answer, so I left a couple messages. I was freaking out, thinking that I was gonna have a late payment on my first payment. But they said they had received it a couple days before that, so it was all good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback Ryan. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you immediately to address your concerns. You may also contact our Customer Care Team at any time by calling 1-888-700-4026 and/or by sending an e-email to : resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: March 20, 2022

I talked to Matt from AmeriSave. He was fabulous. He walked me through everything, step by step. He was very helpful and kept in touch. It went incredibly smooth and I wasn't expecting that. It was a great experience. The rate was good. It was better than what I had with Freedom. The payment is higher than I would like it. But Matt gave me three options, and one of those options was to pay off all my bills and that was what I went with. I felt like the documents were a lot though. But it was stuff that I had on hand, so it wasn’t terrible. My first payment is due April 1st, so I was trying to set it up online. But I didn't get that link. But whenever I called the 800 number on there, the rep walked me through the steps. It was very simple. He was so helpful. All the way around, I’ve been very pleased.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience, Sharon! We will be sure to share your feedback with Matt and our leadership team.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Everything was fantastic with AmeriSave's process with the exception of the notary that they sent over. They FedExed the loan docs to AmeriSave and they lost them. So, I had to go back and re-sign all the paperwork, which then put me in panic mode because all of my information is somewhere out there. I had to do a whole bunch. I had to stop all the credit bureaus. I had to take the overdraft off my checking account. So, that was a little disconcerting and I don't think they found it yet. But that had nothing to do with AmeriSave. It was FedEx. Everything else was great. AmeriSave's reps were fantastic.

Original review: March 19, 2022

The application process was quick and easy. They seemed more willing to work where some of the other places were telling me they couldn't get me to a certain number, or couldn't get me the things that I was asking for. They came right in and tried and did. Overall, it was a great experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We are glad to know our team met your expectations, Brandon. Thank you for sharing your positive experience.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I don't like AmeriSave’s online process because my wife and I are dinosaurs. We hate the computer and use it for email so I’d rather talk to a person. But it was a wonderful experience with the rep that I worked with.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I've worked with AmeriSave before in the past and that was why I reached out to have them do both of my refis. I've always carried high regard and remarks for this team. AmeriSave is my go-to. Peter, my rep, is great and friendly. We seemed to touch base on lots of different side matters that were relative but also investigative. He was able to have the knowledge and ability to know what was coming up next. He would question me about certain things and I’d question him about certain things. So, he is very skilled. He went the extra mile, too. Sometime through the process, you'll have a processor, but there'll be times that Peter would still intercept and help out, saying, “I know Cindy is your processor, but make sure you did this," or, "You had a question about that. I can try to field your questions.”

For my primary residence, I questioned my appraisal because the number came pretty darn low. I don't know if it's just because he's an older fella and this is his business practice and this is what he does, but it doesn't seem like he went the whole mile. He didn't compare apples to apples. He took my house and took the square footage downstairs, which is true. The gross living area is just above the ground. You can't count any of the walkout areas. Around the United States, some count partial downstairs walkout areas where that wall is not earth-bermed. When you look at his comparables to all the houses all around me that are within a mile of me, it looked like the square footage on those houses was something he pulled off right out of Zillow. My Zillow says I'm 3,608 square feet, but the gross living area might have been about 2,500.

My neighbor that he compared me to didn't eliminate the square footage for what's below. So, my square foot per thing came out contrary to some of the neighbors because I don't believe that he was comparing apples to apples. He’d go ahead and did the GLA because he walked it but he didn't look at, “Oh, the house that I'm comparing them to, oh, it's got a downstairs walkout too.”

The appraiser at the townhouse did fine and was professional. I had tenants there. My tenants were very cool to allow this to happen. They had the house cleaned up. Doing a townhouse is a lot faster than doing a big house like this. So, it took less time and I think that was great because we are sort of like intruding on, even though it's my property, someone else's home.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Douglas, and thank you for allowing us to serve you again! We also thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that you our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: March 17, 2022

I love working with AmeriSave. They were excellent and right on time. The loan processor walked me right through everything.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We're glad to know our team met your expectations, Kyesh! Thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Original review: March 17, 2022

The application process was quick, and it's easy to work with AmeriSave. They are responsive. They know how to follow up with different teams as well. Keep up the good work.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for being a valued client of ours, Pradeep Kumar! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: March 16, 2022

The refinance with AmeriSave is a blur now due to so many things but it seemed fast to me. It was seamless. The guy walked me through a lot of it and it was a pleasant experience. The terms were a lot lower than what I was dealing with before.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for being a valued client of ours, Juan! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: March 16, 2022

It was a good experience with AmeriSave. The lady that was taking our information was very professional. She had a lot of patience. The appraiser was professional and quick. The process took a while though because I had to look for most of our information.

Original review: March 15, 2022

Anderson was the gentleman I talked to first at AmeriSave and he was really helpful and knowledgeable. I'd gone through everything with him and I trusted him. With Anderson, it was phenomenal. In the middle of our getting together all our closing paperwork, we had a girl named Sarah and she was great. Then she left the company and we got a different girl. After that point, it wasn't so great. It was really drawn out. There wasn't a lot of communication. It had gotten down almost the wire of what we were gonna sign for our house, and we still didn't even know if they had everything they needed.

Buying a house is a huge process. All the documentation that the underwriters needed, when I would submit it, it would be, “We need this.” And it was exactly what I had submitted. I submitted the same document four times for them before they realized that that was what I was giving them. So that process was a little bit painful. But we were happy with the rate and terms. We got what we were hoping for.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for being a valued client of ours, Nancy! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I reached out to Amerisave and was quickly connected with my guy. He stayed with me and was able to get me taken care of. He was very responsive and quick on his replies. He got me the information I needed and made the process very painless and seamless. I was well pleased with the service. I'm a sucker for convenience and Amerisave definitely won there. I work in sales and customer service myself so it's real important to me to get good customer experience.

Original review: March 14, 2022

The individual that called me from AmeriSave was very direct, got paperwork through very efficiently, responded to my emails quickly, and sent me a text message so I knew they were there to go look for them. It was a painless process on my side, and that was what I needed. Our house was paid for, but I took a home equity line that I had and wasn't borrowing the full value of the house. We were borrowing 100,000. I wanted to do some outside rework and foundation work was needed to be done on the house. It wasn't anything critical to harm the house, but I still needed to spend the money. He got the process through and did all the paperwork without me having to follow up. He followed up quickly and effortlessly on my part. Anything I asked him, he responded to it immediately and took care of it. The whole thing took like three weeks from start to finish. I signed the papers and had the money in the bank.

Original review: March 14, 2022

Joseph with Amerisave was very helpful. He explained everything to us. Everything went good. I was a little scared at first because I've never done an online mortgage process but they made me feel very good about it.

Original review: March 13, 2022

My loan officer went above and beyond. I have a biological name that's on my records. I'm 71 years old. I've never used that name in 65 years. We were getting lost in the forms. The loan officer said he'd take care of it and he did. He walked in right through, gave me extraordinary care. My family used to be in mortgages and real estate, and we've had nightmares. We didn't have anything like that with the AmeriSave Mortgage. We also closed in two weeks. I've never done that. I was so amazed that it closed that quickly.

Original review: March 13, 2022

I have no complaints on the customer service but the process was a little tedious. I purchased a home over 30 years ago, but the process was different. This time, it seemed to be a little challenging for me. I became frustrated at times but the person who serviced me calmed me and talked me through the process. I appreciate her efforts because they paid off.

I would have liked to see more clarity after the approval letter was issued as far as what was required and more specific as far as funding, the maturity of the funds and where they come from than to run into those things in the middle of the process when you don't expect them. They could have told me upfront what all of my requirements were and what I had to do, from A to Z. They could have stressed those points that were crucial to closing and give me some idea what my challenges were prior to getting into underwriting. I'd rather get it all done so when it goes to underwriting, it's good to go. One time, I was ready to walk away. But the person who handled my account kind of kept me focused and gave me an understanding of what was required. I just wish I had that initially.

Original review: March 12, 2022

AmeriSave was available to answer questions right away when I needed them to instead of somebody having to call me back. The rate was a little disappointing but I don't think that that was because of AmeriSave. That was because of our personal credit history. We didn't quite save on the rate as much as we thought but we also did an equity line, so that helps, too. AmeriSave did a good job for us.

Original review: March 12, 2022

Amerisave was very informative and the process was wonderful. I liked the man that I talked to. He was excellent. He made the process painless and easy. Everything went like he said when I first talked to him. Amerisave was also able to give me the best rate so that was another plus.

Original review: March 11, 2022

It was great with Amerisave. The process took a little bit longer than what they told me was typical and it had to do with the Oklahoma City Abstract & Title Co, but as far as the way I understand, it wasn't on Amerisave. They came to the house, closed and signed the papers. Everything was very easy. The process was very efficient and they answered all our questions.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information