4.7/5 (610 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #1168) is an online, direct-to-consumer lender that offers home purchase loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also refinance options for those who want to adjust their rate or term or take out cash. AmeriSave has helped over 664,000 borrowers, funding over $115 billion in loans since it was founded in 2002.

Pros

• Customized rate quotes in minutes
  • Lock in rate for 90 days and shop homes
  • Loan officers available to answer questions via chat
  • Closing in as little as 25 days

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No HELOCs or home equity loans

Bottom Line

AmeriSave Mortgage offers a wide range of loan programs in most states. It has competitive rates for eligible borrowers buying a home or refinancing an existing loan. You can check your rates and get pre-qualified without any effect on your credit score.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

AmeriSave was able to beat multiple competitor rates and Austin was very thorough. He was like, “Whatever you get quotes.” He encouraged it. He was like, “I'll beat it.” He gave me great rates. The terms were good. I did a buydown, but that was actually pretty costly, over $10,000, but I was able to qualify for my home with a 4.8. If it was anything higher, I wouldn't have qualified. So, I was kinda forced in a way to buy down the rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Lianna, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

The refi was great. There was a lot of info that I had to give but the process went smoothly after I gave that. It was easy to get ahold of people when I need to, or if I couldn't, they call back right away. Also, I got a decent rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Jason, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

The process with AmeriSave was super easy. It took a little bit longer than expected just because my income needed to be verified. But, it was fine. I didn't like the portal online very much. Sometimes it was confusing. If there was a document I needed, I had to search for it. But my loan processor and Emily ended up helping me a lot to get through that. They helped me keep on track of all the documents and stuff I needed to do. They made it super simple. When I asked questions, they made it easy to understand. My rate was also good. I'm happy with it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Lelia, We are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

AmeriSave was really honest with me and super helpful. The process was smooth. There were no setbacks. I originally applied to get pre-approved for a loan in May, but I didn't find the home I wanted to purchase until September. From the day I've seen the offer, the close of Escrow was a little over 30 days. AmeriSave had their stuff together and they had my loan pushed through within two weeks. AmeriSave gave me the best rate possible.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Braden, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

The process was very easy and smooth. My rep was amazing and I got good rates. I recommend them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jacob, thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

The process with AmeriSave took a lot longer than I thought. The rep said it was a 30-day turnaround but it ended up taking four months. There was a lot of miscommunication with trying to get information. There was a point where they were like, “We can't do it.” Then she called me back and said, “We can do it.” Everything was okay with the experience with the application. However, there were some times on the website, the portal wouldn't let me upload stuff. So I had to send it to my underwriter. The loan originator that helped me throughout was really helpful. Always answered my emails, and my calls. But I came to a halt with the underwriter. I can never get her on the phone or answer emails or try to get information.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Rebeca, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

When the loan officer from AmeriSave called me, I really liked what he had to say. The process with them was super easy. It took 14 days for it to finish. The rate was really great. They actually ended up reducing my rate before it closed. I would tell others to use AmeriSave. I would recommend them to people before they even ask me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Nicole, Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

The rep I was dealing with was really helpful in getting me my first home. He made the process super easy and I didn't feel like I was by myself doing it. My rate was fair.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Justin, thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this great feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

The process with Amerisave was easy. Everything was simple and great. They were honest, too.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Jacqueline, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

It's the second time I've used AmeriSave. They're fast. They kept me informed the whole time and answered questions right away. It's just I wanted a 15-year loan, and they made me take a 30. So, I wasn't happy about that but they did say if I pay $500 extra a month, then I will pay it off in 15. So, that's what I'm doing.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jennifer, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

The process was easy and self-explanatory. My rep Greg was very proficient in explaining everything to me, taking me page by page and showing me what was going on. He was super transparent and able and willing to help even in off hours. I really enjoyed doing business with him and I’d recommend him to anybody else that was looking to purchase a home. Everything went really smoothly. My rate was perfect and locked in at a beautiful time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Wesley, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

AmeriSave is a great mortgage company to work with. They have the best rates for me and they provided me with multiple loan options that fit my life and with the area I'm in. The people I worked with were always timely in getting things done for me. If I ever had a question, they were answered quickly. They were always on top of things. They made sure that the tasks I had to complete, I was notified of, as far as I wasn't in the dark. Overall, I was very thrilled with how quickly things moved for them and how streamlined it was. I liked the online application process and the fact that I could fill it all out online in a quick manner. Their online portal for importing things made it simple. Being that AmeriSave is not in Kansas, I never had any face-to-face interaction, so I was able to really utilize their portal.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Cody, thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I got connected with Jeff from AmeriSave pretty early on. I grilled Jeff pretty hard, and he was fantastic. He did a really good job at answering all the questions that I had. I was a first-time homebuyer, so I was trying to figure out how the whole mortgage game is played. He was really helpful in saying, “Okay. If you put this amount down for a $400,000 house versus a 450,000 versus a 500,000, here's what you can expect to pay for your payments.” He even found the taxes in areas I was looking at so that I could get pretty accurate numbers there. So, that was really helpful, and it kinda gave me confidence to be able to put an offer in on a home and have an expectation of what I would be paying. AmeriSave was on top of all the paperwork stuff, and we were able to get that a day early too, which was awesome. It was a smooth experience. When I needed something done, it went pretty quickly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Jonathan, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

My rep made sure I understood everything and answered all my questions. They picked the best product for me. Give them a shot. They took care of me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. David, we're glad to know that our team met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your positive experience. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

The process with AmeriSave was frustrating and time-consuming. Their process makes sense if it's a really straightforward type of situation. But for those of us who do not have a straightforward type of situation, their program is not very robust and not very good. They also need a better relationship with their underwriters. But the rep I worked with was a good communicator. He let me know what was going on and everything that I would have expected. He was understanding about some of my frustrations with AmeriSave. Overall, he did a good job. I had no issues with him.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Suzanne, we sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your mortgage experience. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

The process with AmeriSave was fast, pretty easy, and very efficient. Everything was done online. So, it went very smoothly. It actually went a lot better than my previous refinance. The fact that everything is online and that you essentially have to just upload documents and that they were able to obtain a lot of things electronically without even bothering me made the process go pretty smoothly. The three people that I dealt with are very responsive. AmeriSave is professional. It's the best refinance experience I've ever had.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Lori, thank you for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Working with AmeriSave was a very pleasant experience. The rep walked us through every step and stayed in constant communication with us. Uploading documents was a very easy process. Contact them because they can probably work something out for you and you would be satisfied.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Nickie, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

My experience with AmeriSave was overall amazing. The person I worked with made everything really easy and smooth. He went above and beyond. He checked in. He found out ways why prices were the way that they were. He wanted to make sure I had all the finances. He kept me aware and updated. Everything was simple. Everything that I was told that I would need and have to go through was way less than what I was expecting.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Antoinette, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

AmeriSave was wonderful. The guy and the female that worked with me did a wonderful job. They made sure I was clear on everything that was going on and worked with me when I had complications with understanding this and that. They made it clear to me that I could understand. The process was pretty good. Everything was uploaded just fine. Give AmeriSave a try. They were good for me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Morgan, thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Our experience went pretty well. We had a couple of problems that we ran into but we got those figured out. I worked with Blake and he was very good. He always kept in touch and helped me through some of the other stuff. AmeriSave is a good choice. You just have to stay in touch pretty well.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Connor, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

The rep I worked with was really good about getting back to me whenever they needed something else. She was really professional and knew what she was talking about. There were a lot of hiccups in it, but we worked our way through it all. If I had to refinance again, I definitely would with AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. David, thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this great feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

The process went well and I had a good experience with AmeriSave. They were honest and very attentive to my needs.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Herschelle, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

AmeriSave had a great mortgage coordinator. We had a couple of phone calls and he explained everything to me. Very detailed, answered all my questions, and that made my mind that I should work with AmeriSave. I like the transparency and helpfulness, not just saying that, "Okay, here's the terms, check it," but going one by one through each of the lines. Their rates were also the most competitive.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Andras, we're glad to know that our team met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your positive experience. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

AmeriSave answered every one of the questions that I had to ask. They helped me through the application and parts that I didn't understand. They did an excellent job.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. William, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Thomas, my agent, was quick with any questions. He answered everything and I got the lowest rate that anybody has ever heard of in these times. There were some hiccups but we were able to get through with no problem. I felt reassured through the whole process. AmeriSave was there and they were great. They didn't talk about how much they love veterans and then give me a denial for a stupid reason. It was a fantastic experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Sean, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

We had a great experience with AmeriSave. The application process went well. There were some times we had to get follow-up, but that's normal. Even though there were minor issues, it still went pretty smoothly. Our old mortgage had 15 more years and there's 15-month on this one. So it's a good trade for us. The rep we worked with was also very polite and genuine.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Janit, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

AmeriSave's rep was very forthcoming and answered a lot of the questions that I had. I said I was just checking out. She said, “Well, that’s fine. We can do this for you. We can do that. Well, I'll call you tomorrow and see if you could decide anything.” I said, “Well, let's go forward and see what we can do and what we're trying to do.” Then everything kind of rolled from there really quickly and easily. I didn't have any regrets at all. I was a little concerned at the end after everything got passed off from the closing point that the house was paid off, and I didn't hear a whole lot from them. I finally had to make a few phone calls and say, “Hey, am I getting hung up to dry here or what?” Everything worked out fine. Overall, AmeriSave was very professional. I'd recommend them to anybody. They made things painless and they were easy to use.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. David, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

I did a cashout refi on a home that I owned and I just had to work my way through a couple of little questions on the application process with AmeriSave. I got answers right away and everything was easy.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jeff, we appreciated the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

David, my loan officer, and some of the supporting guys were great. When I had questions, they were attentive and responsive. They helped me resolve any issues I had during the process. I heard a lot about how AmeriSave can help you save money and some of the benefits and it turned out to be true. So I was really thankful for that. Amerisave is the lowest by far that I have had in terms of closing cost.

When I applied to Amerisave, there were a lot of options that I had. They even went through the options and I could log into the portal myself and see all the different options, like the financing terms and the different interest rates. I could see them myself and go and discuss them with David. I was able to go back and select the option that best fits my needs. So that was great.

I had a hiccup or two using the portal but talking with David and James really helped me resolve those. There were instances where I had to keep uploading the same document. But those were very minor and we got over those quickly. They have a repository where I can go in and look at information that they were requesting and be able to upload it quickly, and then keep the process going.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Sylvia, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, Please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

My rep from AmeriSave was awesome. He worked hard. He did stuff our Realtor should have been doing. I am not computer savvy, and he helped us through it. Otherwise, we wouldn't have even known. We knew nothing and it ended up working out. The rates were already going up a little bit. We had it locked in. What we didn't understand was paying down points. It was a short-term loan, and it didn't make sense to pay the points down.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Julie, thank you for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience of our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information