2. Mortgages

4.5/5 (880 ratings)

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $55 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Quick online quote process

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • Some closing delays

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Some customers complain about closing delays, but eligible borrowers can find affordable and fair rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

From the very beginning to the end, Bradley **, loan officer, has been with throughout the entire refinance process. He had me involved, informed and fully aware of the process and made sure I understood everything every step of the way. Thank you so much for making the process a breeze.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good afternoon Maria and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Brad took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

AmeriSave helped us in FHA and the interest rate was nice. The reps explained everything and they made it less stressful for us first-time homebuyers. Everything was great from beginning to end. No complaints.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Paul and thank you so much for this great feedback! Communication is very important to us and we love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Darius took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The rep, Kimberly, contacted me immediately and seemed engaged, which made me want to engage with her, and therefore AmeriSave. She was the reason why I went them and why I stuck with the process. She clearly worked to make sure I got the best possible outcome and it was evident from the start that she would be somebody that would take ownership and follow up, and she did. But my property was undervalued probably by 70,000 so that prevented me from doing the mortgage product that we had first discussed. We did an appeal but the appraiser stuck by his guns and AmeriSave wasn’t allowed to order another appraiser. So that was the disappointing part. It wasn't them but the vendor and I totally understand that.

At the end of the day, the rates and terms worked. I didn't get my main goal accomplished but we were able to come up with something else that was more palatable. So, it was fine with me. We were going to do a big chunk to do some home improvements so instead of doing that, I paid off this debt, and that was helpful.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Elizabeth, thank you so much for this feedback! We love to hear about the experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Kimberly took great care of you. We will look into the appraisal portion of you experience. We want to see if there are areas of improvement there. Thank you again for taking the time to send this. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

This is the third refi I've done with AmeriSave. I managed to pay off all my debt including my car, all revolving accounts, cut five years off my note, and added 250 bucks to my payment. Every once in a while, there might be a slight delay in communication when trying to get some answers from email but it's kind of to be expected. Everybody doesn't live 24/7 by their work account. They have always been a pleasure to deal with, friendly, knowledgeable, and jump on things quickly while the rates are low.

Oddly, I recommended that my boss refi with them, and he had a horrible experience. The underwriter screwed him hard. He owns the business that I work for, and on paper, the company showed a loss for the last two years. But everybody got paid, all the W-2s are fulfilled, employees’ fine. They just wouldn't give him a loan for a small business.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning William, and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that our team was able to take great care of you. We are sorry to hear about your referral's experience. We will reach out and see what we can learn and see if there are areas that we can improve. Treating all customers to an incredible experience is the goal and we will see what we can learn. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I felt confident in the guy I was working with at AmeriSave. I could tell that he was really experienced and he knew what he was doing. I felt confident with his experience. The time frame went pretty good and fast. On a monthly basis, AmeriSave is saving me a lot of money.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening John and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Joseph took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I was worried upfront. My credit’s not top-notch like it used to be so I had some stresses there. But it turns out I didn't need to stress. The loan officer was just as sweet as she could be. She was a joy to talk to and work with. She made everything go great. Being that I had never done this before, I ended up with a lot of questions and was always available when I had those. She was always patient and she was never perturbed with me calling again. The only issue was that the title company took forever to get a copy of the title from when I originally purchased the house. It turns out I was able to find my own copy. We were able to get my paperwork faxed in and use it. Overall, AmeriSave got my house refinanced and a lot of my debt taken care of. Give them a call.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Herman, good morning and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Ailin took such great care of you. Each of these situations is different, and we will take a look at the title portion of you experience and see what we can learn. If we can improve on something there, we will do so immediately. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

AmeriSave requested the typical documents about the house and it was a fairly easy process. Everything was uploaded to them automatically from me. Brittany, the rep, was very quick to respond back to me. It was quick communication and that was how I particularly liked it. I don't like waiting for days. It seemed we were on the same page of what we needed, what we were going to get and how quick we were going to get through the process. She was excellent to work with and she was very communicative. There was no lag time with her.

When it came to the closing, it was very quick and easy. A notary came right to our house. We were able to close probably within 30 days when I started with AmeriSave. When we were refinancing, we weren't even thinking about possibly taking equity out to re-do things in the house that we wanted to do. Brittany had mentioned that we were able to do that so we ended up taking out some money. We're refinishing our master bathroom that we wanted to do so, her suggestion to do that was excellent. Also, the rate was half a percent lower than the other company I was working with. My expectations were met in every way.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

David, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Brittany took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

I was refinancing and the application process with AmeriSave was smooth and went well. The rate seemed to be better than my current rate and the terms seemed appropriate. For the most part, it was okay dealing with the customer service team. But I had some difficulty getting calls back a couple of times and I couldn't get through to someone on the phone. They should return the phone calls. Several times when I called and asked them questions, I didn’t hear anything back. Then a couple of days later, I got an email regarding that topic. It wasn't anything too bad but sometimes when you have questions in the moment, it's a little difficult to answer the email because I may not see it until later.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Derek and thank you for the feedback. We strive to make every experience with us an amazing one and I am sorry that the communication lacked at certain point during yours. We will take a look and see where we can coach and improve. The feedback you gave us is very important and thank you for it. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

AmeriSave called me right after I applied for a mortgage application with Rocket Mortgage. I talked to Jonathan and he was so respectful. He was also very friendly so I felt I could trust him. He followed through every single way. Right after I talked to Jonathan, I spoke to several other lenders. In the end, AmeriSave but offered one of the best rates. It was because of Jonathan's personality that I went with him towards the end.

When looking for a lender, find one that is willing to work with you, one that understands and not just assumes what you want. Other lenders assumed that all I wanted to do was save money. But my goal was trying to make money, so I was trying to get the equity from my house to do this. Jonathan understood my needs completely and he offered several options. When I asked if he could knock down some prices a little bit here to make me a little bit happier, he did.

There were things that didn't go right with the appraiser that came to my house. He wanted to come suddenly at night because it was convenient for him. I told Jonathan that the appraiser was crazy and I was really nervous. Jonathan made things right. Aside from Jonathan, I also talked to several other ladies and they were very helpful and quick. That was why we closed so quickly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response
Good evening Alison and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Jonathan took such great care of you. We will look at the appraisal aspect of your experience and see what we can do to improve.

We expect everyone involved in our transactions to treat our customer as we do. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

One of the agents was responsive as well as well informed. If I had a question, he was back to me in no time. It felt like he had a vested interest. It was a very good experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hi Vicki, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Christopher tool such great care of you. Communication is a huge part of what we strive to do well at AmeriSave! We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

Originally, it was their rep Cory that reached out to me. I felt good about him but when he quit, I got dropped and then Russel picked up and started answering my emails. I felt good about him except he kept asking for things that I had already sent in with Cory. That was a drag and that was frustrating. It'd be better if they review some prior emails 'cause it's not super easy trying to go back and find something that I had sent them already when I'm working. Things took a little longer than I expected but that's our fault 'cause of credit. Other than that, I was very happy with my rate. We had to delay for a couple of months and I was glad that we didn't have to go at a higher rate because of that.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Elisa, thank you so much for taking the time to send us this feedback. We are sorry for the employee changes during your process. We hope that never occurs but when it does we try to make sure that you don't feel any disruption. We will take your feedback and take a look at your experience. We will use it to learn and improve where we can. Thank you again we look forward to helping you again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

The initial person that we talked to at AmeriSave was extremely helpful throughout the whole process. But the second person that we talked to, Jacqueline, was the opposite of helpful. She was very demanding and difficult to deal with. I didn't give Jacqueline permission to call anyone except me or my wife. But she called my mom somehow and my mom was nowhere on any of the information that we filled out or submitted to them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your mortgage experience. It is very important to our company and we value the information that you have provided. If further assistance is needed, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team at our toll-free number: 888-700-4026 or by email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

My rep was Larissa and I really liked her. I was like, “Well, I just want to stay with her ‘cause she's really nice.” She was great to work with. Applying was really easy to do and everything went smoothly with the online process. Even with the closing, setting all that up, we didn't have to really do anything but sending the documents directly. Also, I'm very pleased with the rate that I received. It's a lot less than what I had and it lowered my payment by $800.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Anna, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Larissa took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

The application process with AmeriSave was awesome. The portal was great and I liked it. It was a wonderful way to keep communications available and keep on track with me and what they needed. I felt secure about everything because it was a portal. The rep was honest and sincere. I would have liked to see the rate a little less but he did the best he could. It’s not a big drop from what I had but he pointed out to me the overall savings from going from a 30-year to a 15-year. So, he was very informative. He wasn't on a commission so my best interests were at the forefront. It was a very easy process with AmeriSave and it was pleasant for me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Pam, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Refinancing with AmeriSave has been overall really good. But, I don't like their payment deals. I paid a month in advance and it makes it where I can't set up for autopay the next month. Everything went quite well, short of the fact that I didn't expect there'd be any interest drawn out on the first month's payment just because it was a month early. Yet they still went ahead and drew interest out and considered it the November payment. Also, it'd be nice if AmeriSave had a weekly deal where they pulled money out of your account weekly like we had when we were with SunTrust. Other than that, my rep Clint was very helpful. I'd be on trips, and I can send him info and he’d post it for me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Garth, thank you so much for this feedback! We take it very seriously. We are glad you had a great experience and we will reach out to talk with you about payment options. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

Accommodating at first but unable to get anyone after transactions. Outrageous closing costs and upfront fees compared to other mortgage companies. Closing can be cancelled within 3 days if you change your mind.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Franklin. We were sorry to hear about your experience but we do thank you for the feedback. It can be tough to read or hear but it helps us grow and change. We will look at your loan and the process that you went through. We will also reach out to get more information on your specific experience. We strive to provide an excellent experience with every customer and we are sorry that we weren't able to in this instance. Please know that we will use the information you give us to change where we can. Thank you again.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

I wanted to refinance with cash out. I went online and applied. AmeriSave contacted me. They asked me for the documents. It was a very quick process. I dealt with another company first that I was not very happy with but their portal was much better. I didn't find AmeriSave's portal very consumer-friendly. I'm glad that I ended up not doing well with the other company because with AmeriSave, I got a better rate and closed much faster without so many hoops to jump through. I just felt like they kept putting roadblocks up. Every time they wanted something, they wanted something else.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Maureen and thank you so much for this great feedback. We love to hear about the experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Matthew took such great care of you. We will take a look at the portal and see where we can improve on it. We also look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

The process was done all over the phone, computer, email and cell phone. They helped me out a lot. I would recommend them to everybody.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Nannie and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that J.R. was able to take such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

AmeriSave was the first one that reached out to me by phone instead of emailing me. I spoke with Michael. He had great customer service. Everything was great except I reached out a few times and I didn't hear anything back. So, I had to reach out again. Also, I sent some document that I needed to send, and it never got passed on to the underwriter. So, they reached out to me stating, “We need this document.” I told them I already sent it, and I had to just resend it again.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Kellie, thank you so much for this feedback. We will take a look at your experience and see what we ca do to improve on the timeliness of our responses. Quick and transparent communication is very important to us. We love to hear about the experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Michael was able to take care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

My loan officer, Angelina, was great. Everything seemed to be okay with the rates and terms.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Ivan, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that we were able to take such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

We were looking to refinance our original loan. I got a person's name and number with AmeriSave and then I called him. He walked me through filling out the paperwork. He was able to explain and answer any questions at the drop of a hat. Working with AmeriSave has helped us with our financial situation. So, that's pretty huge. They were very transparent.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Christopher, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I got a cash-out loan and the thing that made the application process so good was the gentleman I spoke with, Matthew. He explained everything sometimes twice. Also, he was the one that gave me the best rate. We had trouble finding my homeowners insurance but he was so patient all the way. There was this fee. And he was upfront about that.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hi G, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

I've been with AmeriSave and I decided to try to refinance, and I thought I would just try to go back with them. The online application process was good. I've worked with two different people from the company, and they were both great, very helpful and informative. It was a great experience both times. AmeriSave is a great company to work with. It was a very smooth transaction.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hi Melinda, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

The reps were very good and they always answered my questions. The rates were just what I was looking for.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Sandra, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that J.R. took great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

AmeriSave had cheap interest rates and it was way better than what I was doing. I was comfortable working with them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Lee, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Robin took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I filled out something about refinancing. Apparently, my information got spread out to a zillion lenders, and I was getting bombarded with phone calls and emails. The only reason I went with AmeriSave was because their rep Megan had such a soft approach. She sent me two very nice emails. The process took a very long time but Megan was awesome and the other woman I worked with, Val, was fantastic. Unfortunately, I'm self-employed and I really wish that I had been told upfront that I should apply for the mortgage in my husband's name since he has a normal job and gets a normal W-2. But I wasn't told that information. So the mortgage was in my name with my husband as a co-borrower.

I had to jump through massive hoops, and it took probably close to six weeks for the process to be completed. I almost bailed a couple of times because I was so frustrated. For me to have to highlight every single bank statement, and for me to explain what every single transaction was, it was like a full-time job. So much so that I ended up having to cancel my own private clients to spend time doing this ridiculous mortgage application. Other than that AmeriSave did a great job. If I was a normal person with a normal job, it would have been such a smooth process. The lawyer who was our liaison, she was hysterical and amazing and I love her. Also, I can't say enough good things about Val and about Megan. They were wonderful.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Carrie, thank you for taking the time to send us this feedback. Information like you included is very valuable for us and we take the time to not only read it but to use it to improve where we can. We will take a look at your experience and see what we can learn. We will improve on what we can and hopefully make the mortgage experience seamless for many future customers. We are very happy that Megan took such great care of you through the process. Thank you again and we appreciate the review!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Going through AmeriSave this time was easier. I didn't have to enter a lot of information. Everything I can do online, which is pretty good. I didn't have to interact much with anybody else. The process took three weeks.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Sairam, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Darla took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Michael was my contact person and he took the most time with me and explained things thoroughly. Also, he beat the offers that I got from other places. The application and underwriting process took about three weeks. The appraisal was a bit sticky and that was the only thing that slowed things down but that was on my end. Other than that, AmeriSave kept me up-to-date as to when the closing was going to happen and when the intermediary was going to come to my house and sign the papers. By the time that person got involved, it was less than a week from start to finish. I was very pleased with the service and AmeriSave made it easy and I understood what was going on.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Rebecca, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Michael took such great care of you. We will take a look at the appraisal experience on your loan to see where we can improve. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

I worked with Sarah and she was easy to talk to as well as quick to get back to me if she didn't answer. Everything went well even though the process took a bit of time. It was a couple of months. We were working through my debt-to-income and we had some challenges with that. We had to switch things around a couple of times. Other than that, I'm happy that we got refinanced. By getting our interest rate down and paying off some debts, it's made life easier because I don't have to pay as much every month.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Corey, and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Sarah took such great care of you. We will look into your experience and see where we could "speed" it up! We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

AmeriSave was good. I had a really good experience. Me and my wife were talking about some renovations around the house. I did a cash-out refi with AmeriSave. Everybody was polite and explained everything. It was a very painless process. Sydney explained everything. I didn’t have any concerns, but any question that I had, she explained it very thoroughly. I would recommend AmeriSave to friends.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Shaun, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Sydney took such great care of you. Good luck with the renovations and we are happy that we could assist! We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information