4.7/5 (721 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jennifer Schurman
Edited by Sally Jones

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #1168) is an online, direct-to-consumer lender that offers home purchase loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also refinance options for those who want to adjust their rate or term or take out cash. AmeriSave has helped over 664,000 borrowers, funding over $115 billion in loans since it was founded in 2002.

Pros

• Customized rate quotes in minutes
  • Lock in rate for 90 days and shop homes
  • Loan officers available to answer questions via chat
  • Closing in as little as 25 days

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No HELOCs or home equity loans

Bottom Line

AmeriSave Mortgage offers a wide range of loan programs in most states. It has competitive rates for eligible borrowers buying a home or refinancing an existing loan. You can check your rates and get pre-qualified without any effect on your credit score.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I did an FHA with AmeriSave. I would talk to my rep, William, a couple of times and he was really understanding. You can call him whenever and he answers. It was really easy to deal with him and he walked me through the process. I uploaded everything on the website. The whole process took two months and I got the best rate that they could give me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Arnett, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this great feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I appreciate the person I’ve been working with. I did my refi with him. And from now on, I don't wanna work with anybody else. He's quick and thorough. He was also punctual and had all the information I needed. We discussed scenarios, broke down different options. I had so many options available and so much detail that I had nothing to ask. I mean, he provided it all. I was working with three different mortgages. And I'm talking about hours, late nights, numbers. I'm a very detail-oriented person. So, he gave me everything, even went overboard. Diagrams. He's the only reason that I will even entertain coming back. I've never experienced that kind of customer service ever.

I just contacted him in the emails. We went back and forth and said, “Hey, I'm buying a house. Let's go.” He said, “Hey, okay, Kharemma. What's going on? What you buying? What you doing?” He got everything set up. It was easy. I closed my refi in less than 12 days. And I closed on my house. They had the loan done in almost two weeks prior to my closing. I will make sure that he sells so many houses. I will tell everyone I know that he is the only person to work with. He closed the deal personally, single-handedly.

I had a lot of options, but he talked me through them to go over what was best for me and my family. It was looking for the best for me. We compared numbers. We did math on paper. If I was being competitive with three different companies, he said, “Yes, so I can tell you this. If they're able to offer you this, this and this, we wouldn't be able to beat that price ‘cause you wanna go ahead and say this, this and this. But if they can't do this for you, then you're gonna be wasting money.” I don't know anyone that would have went out of their way to do that for me. Especially after the fact that I was dealing with three different companies. And the comparison in the customer service and what he did for me.

He said, “I don't care what I gotta do for you, Kharemma, if I get the loan or not. I'm gonna help you make sure that you don't make a mistake in buying a home for your family. I've helped you with your refi. I know how you are about your finances and the future of your family, so I'm gonna make sure that you get the best deal you can get, whether it's with me and our company or not.”

I understand about competition, but I was in the rock and a hard place. I could not afford to make a mistake. This is a big jump for me. And he made sure he walked me through every step holding my hand, and I felt appreciated. He cared about my family and my finances and me not being house broke and not taking on more than I could chew based on what he could see. I would advise AmeriSave to offer him a raise or another position to train. Because any time I've called in to any other agent, they could not get anywhere near what he provided for me. I would hang up.

He had four loans from everyone else. I know they go through things. And I've told them, “No, I have an agent that I work with.” “Well, I'm the one who pulled your—” “I don't care who pulled it. I won't work with you. I want him.” And I contacted him. He had to go through some things and I let him know, “I don't care. You can let them know that I'm not working with anyone else, or you can lose the loan.” It was a lot because of the start of the online, but I have went through my old portal, and I was trying to find it. And it jstarted a new one instead of getting me to him, so I started off incorrectly. But I found him. And he's about to make a lot of money.

He keeps in touch. He still contacts. “Hey, how do you like your house?” He will email me first thing. I'm talking first in the morning. “Hey, in case there’s any questions, call me. I’m available. Here's my cell. Any time, if you have any questions, don't be in limbo. I don't want you to have to wait. I wanna answer all your concerns. I wanna help you. I wanna do this.” Up over and beyond. He is a wonderful person. A person, because people like to do business with people. If you want hands down somebody that jumps over every hoop for you, his name is Cody.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Kharemma, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

In March 2022, we decided to refinance our home and after due diligence, we choose Amerisave Mortgage. The loan originator was Michael ** who made us feel comfortable and said all the right things to go forward with the loan. We locked in the rate at 3.5% but weeks later the communication became poor and was difficult to get status on the loan. The loan dragged on for 4 months with constant excuses for more documents that they already had. Once we got that notice the loan was ready to finalize, we received disclosures with no discounts and a higher rate. Obviously, we're not happy and before we could get Amerisave on the phone, a notary agent was scheduled to arrive at our home that day to sign loan documents. We emailed Amerisave Mortgage to try to resolve issues with the loan but did not get a response! It goes without saying I will never recommend Amerisave Mortgage.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Rodriguez, We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your mortgage experience. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

AmeriSave's team was great. They helped me along the way. They were pretty helpful. We got to where I got the house. Documentation seemed pretty good. They have a website where they ask for me to upload whatever documents. The UI was pretty simple. It told me which documents were needed and they had it in different sections where you know which ones you had left to upload. Then it would send an email saying whatever stuff they need. It was a pretty easy process to go through. Plus, when I was confused, I was able to get in contact with them, and they picked up pretty quickly. It was pretty easy to talk to them. I wasn't put on hold. If for some reason I couldn't get in contact with them, I would leave a voicemail, and they would get back within five minutes or so. Overall, I was satisfied.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Chanthamontry, Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

AmeriSave was the mortgage that I had before. I didn't have any problems then and it just seemed like it went well. I did refinance not long ago. Last month, we bought a new house. The experience was painless and the process only took three weeks total. Uploading the documents was easy. With some of them, we went back and forth just making sure we had the right documents because everything had to be pretty specific on what the underwriters wanted. Some of the stuff wasn't all the way clear on what they wanted us to upload a few times. But the customer service let us know. A few times, they would call us and email us. That was the only trouble.

Everything was good with customer service. They were in communication a lot and they were letting us know how everything was going on and when stuff was coming up and what they needed. I would recommend AmeriSave because so far, it's been good. We were gonna shop around when we were looking for the rate of the mortgage, but we ended up not even shopping around because the rate was so good from AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Franklin, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 31, 2022

The lady from AmeriSave who was helping me out was really good and was doing what needed to be done. Uploading documents was easy. Things kind of get done a little bit faster that way. It’s convenient. Give AmeriSave a try. It worked for us. So far, I was pleased with everything.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mrs. Martinez, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 31, 2022

I used AmeriSave before and I liked their customer service. I used them again and the application process went smoothly. The process took a week. The experience was fast and there were no problems, no headaches, and no stress. I only wish the rates could have been lower. Other than that, I recommend AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Coleman, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 30, 2022

Michael was my rep and if it wasn't for him, the process could have been a little bit more difficult. He guided me through everything and answered every question that I had. He broke things down and explained them to me. That was great. I was right at the border when the rates were going up. I ended up with a good and reasonable deal on it. It wasn't on the high end but it really wasn't on the low end either due to the way the market is at.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Waldemar, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 30, 2022

I received a call from AmeriSave and they went through all the options that I have and they were willing to get me a loan. That was very helpful to me so that's where I went to. The process was simple. They assessed my basic information. Getting a letter of approval was pretty quick. The application and underwriting process was a little bit over time because they were trying to find the funds. At that time, I wasn't able to prove where those funds came from. I was saving cash on hand and then depositing through my account as soon as I was able to get the loan. Depositing those large amounts was one of my big mistakes. AmeriSave gave me some options to get some funds from a family member or I could prove that I have the 401K plan. That was the key.

Customer service was pretty honest. They were trying to help and they were trying to find any other options that I have to get the loan. The big thing was they just don't want to get the loan for the people. They want to make the dream come true for every owner. It was one of my biggest dreams to get a loan and buy a house. My family's very thankful for the person that was helping to get the loan. Overall, everything was done well. Go for AmeriSave and don't even think about it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Armando, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: July 29, 2022

AmeriSave's service was fast and friendly. The process went fairly smoothly because I was with them before and this was my second time around. I was faster because they had a lot of my information already. From start to finish, the process took between 10 to 15 days. I wish I could get a lower rate. Other than that, it was fine. I’ll recommend AmeriSave based on the service.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Justin, Thank you for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: July 29, 2022

Initially, the process was very overwhelming. But the people I worked with were very helpful. The rate wasn't bad compared to what it was in the market. The rep I worked with worked hard to make sure we had a better rate. He always replied back to emails and I get a call every end of the day. If we had any questions, he calls me back to answer all of them. He was a great resource. We were going to give up on the process but he encouraged us to keep on going. He made it a lot easier and he was on top of the process.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jessica, We are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: July 28, 2022

I applied for a cash-out financing with AmeriSave. At underwriting they said that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will not warranty the property. That was a lie because Freddie Mac does but Fannie Mae doesn’t unless AmeriSave asked for an exception, which they refused to do. This warrantability issue is supposed to be checked at the beginning of the application but they did not. They closed my file and they refuse to refund the money I paid for the now useless appraisal report.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Susie Charbel, This has been reviewed and responded to from our Compliance Dept. with AmeriSave. Please contact them directly with any further questions and/or concerns that you might have. Thank you.

Original review: July 28, 2022

I did a refi with AmeriSave and I had a very positive experience. The process was really nice and they guided me through it. It was all within 30 days so it went really quickly. They were very responsive with answers to questions. My rep was very pleasant. The rates I got were fine but we always like them to be lower.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your review Ms. Minet. We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026I

Original review: July 28, 2022

They connected me with a loan originator that was near me. She called me on the phone and we went over the rates that they had. They had me go to the portal and then from there, they showed me all the things that we needed to do so I'd be able to obtain a mortgage. The application was easy and I had a positive experience with my rep Amber. She was very communicative and forthright. Whenever I ask her a question, she was able to get the information I needed to me. Everything they needed to do, they did correctly and in a timely manner.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mikal Mcdowell, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: July 27, 2022

I applied to a couple of different mortgage agencies and AmeriSave reached out to me. They worked with us pretty well on everything so we decided to go with them. The application process was pretty good. They were very active with us and always checked in on us almost every day. They gave us updates constantly. The loan originator was very hands-on, was very attentive, and was always communicating even after work hours. He seemed to really care about us. Altogether, the process took about a month and a half. It took us less than a month to close on the house. The rate and terms of the mortgage were good and we were very confident in it. I would recommend friends to AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Alexander, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I enjoyed working with them. The portals were easy to use. I worked with several people and all of them were pretty good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your review, Portee' Suggs. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: July 26, 2022

The reps did a really good job. They were really responsive and knowledgeable. I got a competitive rate. But their online portal is not super user-friendly. There are some kinks that need to be worked out with the interface.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Blake, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 24, 2022

We did an initial pre-screening application for a refinance with AmeriSave. After I checked all the boxes and was approved to move to the next step, we did the credit score and I did some information application standpoint regarding credit. They loaded a bunch of forms that I need to complete on the website. They have a mortgage portal so a lot of documents I had to sign and fill out were strictly online. We did a home appraisal and I had to wait for underwriting to show me that I met all of the qualifications. After the qualifications and the appraisal was done, we closed and all of this happened in two weeks.

I had questions and my loan officer answered them. There was a lot of legal language and I'm not a legal person. If you couldn't read, you might have a problem understanding all of it. You can have an attorney, even a virtual one since everything was done not having to go into the office. You had opportunities where you could ask questions if you needed to. But because I pretty much just bought my house, I had all that stuff already answered.

With AmeriSave, I got to pay off my car. I also paid off some bills that were driving me crazy trying to pay the bare minimum. It put money in my pocket and it has bettered my life. I don’t have to work a second job because I didn't have to pay all that other bills. AmeriSave was very cordial and they pretty much walk you through steps A through Z. If you have any concerns, they're very reachable. I called somebody at 9:30 in the night and got somebody. The loan officer, application officer, and appraisal guy were really nice. The first that came out did the notary in my house and it was seamless.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ieschecia, Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 23, 2022

The loan officer was very honest, knowledgeable and kind. He's one of the best I've ever worked with. He did his best job to get me the lowest rates possible. AmeriSave seems to have really good employees that care.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Toni Gladden, We are thrilled to hear that we proved you with top-notch service! we appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com of 1-888-700-4026

Original review: July 22, 2022

We were interested in refinancing to pay off some credit card bills that we used for remodeling our house. We reached out and several companies called us. We went with this lady, Sarah of AmeriSave, and she wasn’t pushy. She wasn’t like a used car salesman like some of the others were. We went through the motions and it was done quickly. Sarah told us what she needed and we provided them. She took care of things. Within three weeks, we were done.

We asked a lot of questions and Sarah was very patient and readily available. She always checked in. We had some issues trying to download a paper that she needed and she helped us along with that. She was very knowledgeable. All around, it was a great experience. AmeriSave was responsive and they explained everything in a detailed way so that we understood. The process worked great for me. I’d recommend this company highly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Steve Alderson, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: July 21, 2022

AmeriSave was the best. I got a good deal and a good interest rate. The online application process was really easy and it didn’t take that much time. Overall, I had a good experience. The loan processor lady was awesome. The manager, Mike, was as well. I really appreciate that. The only thing was I had an agent issue. If one of the lenders moved out, they have to provide all the information to the new agent. My experience was really bad. I had three people. The first one was a lady and she scheduled an appointment with me on Saturday. We talked on Friday. She didn’t show up on Saturday. If she didn't have time, she should not have scheduled that with me. You have to be really professional. Also, AmeriSave gave me 300 and something dollars and they added it to my discount point. It was zero discount point. That was really bad.

The first lady moved out and she didn’t provide all the information I provided her to the other guy. He started from the beginning. That was a pain. When the third person came, he changed everything. The discount point was 3,000 something and he changed it to 5,000 something. He changed the interest rate too. After I discussed with him a bit, he talked with a manager and it took some time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Belete Nigusie, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We apologize that we did not meet the high standards of excellence that we strive for. A member of our Customer Care team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I did a new home purchase and I also did a refinance with AmeriSave Mortgage. Everything was great. I wound up having to switch houses within a month of having to be switched out. The original purchase of the house was supposed to be about two months. We had three months to close because the people had to move. The month before we were supposed to move, the house fell through and it came in under appraised. We had to get a whole new house. It was 26 days for transferring to a whole new property. When push came to shove and I had to get out of my rental property, within 28 days from starting the paperwork until me having the keys, Better Mortgage got me in the house that I’m in now.

The only thing that was aggravating was the fact that I kept getting switched from processor to this processor to this underwriter. There was one lady who got fired and no one could get access to the information. I had to upload documents 10,000 times of the same. Other than that, it was smooth sailing. There were a couple of headaches but everybody really worked hard. I would recommend Better Mortgage to everyone that I know.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Travis Rehm-Mosier, Thank you for your review as all feedback is greatly important to us. Please expect to hear from someone from our Customer Care Team shortly to further discuss your experience. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: July 19, 2022

AmeriSave's rep stuck with me for over a year for offers, and every step of the process. It was beyond my expectation. I got locked-in on a super low rate back a year and a half ago, but I ended up renting. So, when I came back and was ready to start looking, I reached back out to the rep and asked was there any chance I could get a good rate now that rates had gone up. And she locked me in a higher rate, but it was still a good one. And they ended up extending that locked-in rate two more times for me, even beyond the 90 days of the original lock.

The application process was seamless. Several times, my application had to be updated because I wanted to increase the cost I would qualify for. So, I didn’t realize that that took a new application each time. The representative would just handle it for me. The rep would let me know that that was happening, but she would just work it through.

The actual loan processor was a bit difficult, because I didn’t have that relationship with that person. But the initial application representative stuck with me and worked through any wrinkles that came up. When it was time to extend my rate, because I wasn't going to be able to close in time to have that within the lock-in period, the initial sales rep contacted her manager who said, “Yes, we can extend it through the closing date.” But the loan processor originally came back and gave me the actual settlement statement that said this has to close by X date. I said I wasn't comfortable accepting that as the settlement based on an email representation that they will extend me on that date. And she was able to go back and work it out so that they updated the settlement letter to extend it through the closing date. She was gonna tell me it just couldn’t be done. But she got it done. And I really appreciated that, because I would have been holding my breath.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Stephanie Decker, Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: July 18, 2022

The loan officer was very professional, and responsive whenever I called. Whenever he needed something, he would let me know in a timely manner. And if I had any questions, he would help me and work through whatever issues I was having if something wasn’t clear. He was great.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Katherine Debarros, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 17, 2022

I had a good experience. It was easy. The rep was communicative and very good. I enjoyed him.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Michele Whan, Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 16, 2022

I've worked with Tony before on my first mortgage. And for the refi, we already knew each other. He was very helpful, knew his stuff, and was responsive. From my first time when I reached out to him to get a quote, to closing, it was five weeks. There were two weeks of talking about the details, and putting it in, and arranging to get someone to do the closing. It worked out well. Service was great. I’ll probably use AmeriSave Mortgage when I get my next house.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Lyle Suess, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 15, 2022

The process was straightforward and AmeriSave Mortgage sent everything to me in emails. I was able to log in and go on their website for everything I needed to do. Also, they kept me informed of everything. Tamika was great, and so was the loan originator.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ladonna Hewell, We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: July 14, 2022

It’s unfortunate that AmeriSave doesn't work as a cohesive team. It's a very different experience once you get from origination over to underwriting. The mortgage originator, Lloyd, was fantastic. He was professional, knowledgeable, friendly, easy to deal with, and had great follow-up skills. Lloyd went step by step with me when we went through the application. He came into my computer, and he couldn't have made it easier or more pleasant. The problem occurred when it got to underwriting. It was terrible in every way. Asking me for the same things over and over again, not understanding what we were talking about. It was ridiculous and insane. I spoke with other people in the business while I was going through the nightmare, and everybody said that they never heard of such a thing.

We were borrowing money on a second property. We live in New Jersey. We own a condo in an upscale area in Bergen County. We also own a condo on the beach at the Jersey Shore. And we own that in cash. So we were trying to take refi, the one at the shore, because we had some bills to pay. We had some things we wanted to do. You would not believe the hell that they put us through. Somewhere in their process, they forgot that we owned the Hackensack property outright. Because they were asking us questions that made no sense.

And they kept questioning our property down at the Jersey Shore. They kept questioning us why we have a second home only 50 miles away if we don't rent it out. Lots of people in the New York City area have second homes at the beach in Jersey, out in the Hamptons, up in the mountains, and they don't rent them out. They’re second homes. They must have questioned me 10 times on that point. And it's irritating. My husband's income more than covered what it was, and they kept asking for more. So at one point, every little thing, we would address it. I freaked out at one point. I said, “You can't possibly be asking me four times for the same thing.”

I would email the documents. I would do whatever they asked. I would make copies. It was crazy. The loan originator and his boss had to get involved because dealing with the underwriting department was a nightmare. And it's a shame, because I said to the guys in the loan origination because of how awful and unprofessional they were in the underwriting, I can't give a recommendation for AmeriSave. And it's a shame that affects the guys in the origination department. They need the business to keep coming. But I would never want anyone that I care about or whose opinion I respect to have to go through that hell. My overall feeling was, and I told my husband, “We're older people. We own our properties outright.” My husband is a retired New Jersey police chief, which means he gets a good pension. Plus, he's working at a different job. We are solid, yet we went through hell.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jolyn Oconnor, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We apologize that we did not meet the high standards of excellence that we strive for. A member of our Customer Care team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: July 13, 2022

Going with AmeriSave Mortgage helped in this market, because they lock in the rates at the beginning. And the rates were drastically increasing during that time. So, it turned out to be the best option. I had a few different other pre-approvals. But because I was able to lock in my interest rate early it encouraged me to stay with AmeriSave. A lot of consumers look at the $500 fee as a scam. It discourages people from moving forward. But if they understood the benefit to being able to lock the rate in early, especially in a market where rates are increasing, that may encourage people to go with AmeriSave.

Everything started out smoothly. But it was hard to get in communication with the loan originator for a while. Amanda took over and got the loan to closing. At that point, the process was seamless. She was great. When you have a large company, you're gonna have some great employees while some other mediocre ones. The folks that AmeriSave has working for them that have a passion for this make a difference. That makes or breaks how a consumer will walk away and interpret their experience with the company.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Maranda Johnson, Thank you for your review as all feedback is greatly important to us. Please expect to hear from someone from our Customer Care team shortly to further discuss your experience. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: July 12, 2022

AmeriSave Mortgage is the worst company I have ever worked with. This would be my third time. The two last time that I worked with them here in California, they were great. But the one in Indiana, the one that’s doing my loan, is horrible in every aspect. When I have questions regarding the loan, they do not respond. The initial person that was running my loan, left the job, went somewhere else. Nobody told us that he was no longer an employee there until we called, and we wanted to speak with the supervisor. That was when they told us that he got another job. But nobody took the time to let us know what was going on. We're supposed to close on the 22nd. AmeriSave now finds other things that are delaying the approval. It's ridiculous.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Demetrio Ramirez, Thank you for leaving this review of your recent mortgage transaction with us. We strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience and apologize that your review does not reflect that. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information