AmeriSave Mortgage

Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $103 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Customized rate quotes in less than 3 minutes
  • Options with low down payment

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No financing for manufactured homes

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Eligible borrowers can find competitive rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan, and the company has an average time of 34 days to closing.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: April 23, 2022

My rep Curtis made time for me, held my hand through the process and gave me updates. My loan got transferred to more of a senior loan office and I wasn't getting the best response from him. Curtis ended up closing it out. The terms I received were fair though they weren't the lowest.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Patricia Feeney for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The loan officer was a good guy. There was some other guy processing the paperwork and he was not what I would consider user-friendly. But AmeriSave was a pretty good group to work with. It was a lot of going back and forth which was a little strange. They don't just give a list and say, "Hey, we need all of this." The gentleman I spoke with kept sending emails after the fact saying, "Oh, now my people want this. Well, now they're asking for this. Well, now they want this." Other than that, everything was pretty straightforward. The rate I got was higher than anticipated but it still cut the payment in half.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 888-700-4026.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The representatives I worked with were very knowledgeable. Everyone was very polite and concerned that we go through the process and get everything done. But the application process was a joke. I put in the application and got all the paperwork. Then there was something that I wasn't doing quite right. I was looking at the wrong year that they were asking me information for. It would have been a simple thing for the person to have reached out and said what they wanted. Then when we had to switch from an FHA to conventional, I ended up having to put all of my documentation back in. That made me very unhappy.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Ms. Shueey for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 21, 2022

As soon as you close the whole process, if you have any questions on if there's any remaining thing, getting their reps is very difficult. Some of them hung up on you, they keep transferring you, and they transfer you to the place where you don't even get service or where no one is there. They don't pick up. It's just on and on. Last time, I was sitting for more than half of the day just to process one thing to get one piece of information. Also, to make the program better, communication has to be easy, like email updates. Last time, there was an increase in my mortgage and I didn't get any notification. Other than that, the application process is perfect. I had good and competent people.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Tigist Mannaye, we sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your mortgage experience. A member of our Customer Care team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com.

Original review: April 21, 2022

It was a very smooth process with Amerisave. It was also faster than I expected. They worked around my work schedule. My rep, Patrick, was awesome. Before the competitor responded, Patrick came back with even a better rate and better terms. He was very aggressive from the start and I appreciate that because at the end of the day, it's all about that bottom number. I sat and thought about it over the weekend but within a couple of hours he had won my business.

Everything is electronic so it was a lot easier for me to do especially with my work schedule and my commuting. However, there were a couple of things that were redundant because of the type of files. I use a MacBook and some software programs don't do well with Safari. When I was sending screenshots from my phone to my MacBook to try to upload, I would have to re-screenshot again. It was more tedious. If I had an HP laptop or a PDF readily available to my laptop, it probably would have been a lot smoother. Something Amerisave could adjust is opening the window in regards to what files they would allow. But I just logged into my portal to pay my first payment and with the amount of information that I can find at hand, it's redundant to sit here and have to call the mortgage company to ask about what's in my escrow, what am I paying to the principal, what is my term, etc. Being able to see all those is very good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Irwin for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please fee free to contact Customer Care at cutsomercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 20, 2022

Chris was upfront and explained the steps through the process. Everything that he explained was gonna happen happened. The process took a little longer but it was more on my end and we talked throughout everything.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Macaluso, thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 20, 2022

Out of everybody, Kevin was more welcoming and a little bit more honest. He wasn’t very pushy. He just gave me the information and allowed me to make my decisions. Most of my friends haven’t refinanced yet and I told them to go with Amerisave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Natane Headley for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Bradley ** was outstanding. He always stayed in communication with me throughout the loan processes and kept me updated on what information I needed to turn-in and why. When I didn't understand information he took the time to explain why it was needed. There was times when I felt discouraged because of the process and not understanding the depths of the home loans. Bradley was so patient's and understanding with me that he kept me going and excited to know that we were that much closer to the American dream. I feel truly bless to have worked with Bradley and will be referring him to family and friends.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review Ms. Sokoni. We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 19, 2022

The information on the different loans available was the best of all banks I contacted. However, once the initial sale was made and you deposited the $500 to lock the offer the communication with the loan consultant stopped. Many mistakes were made in the process, and it was difficult to correct the mistakes made by the company in the documentation.

I paid off the loan March 28, 2022, the escrow check was processed April 12, 2022 and to this date they have not even mailed it. Customer assistance stated it takes 30 days to mail the check once it was issued. They require you pay on a timely basis but when it comes to reimbursing your escrow moneys they take an excessive amount of time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback Mr. Jemail. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company. A member of our Customer Care team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: April 19, 2022

The lender contacted me within a day and the processor sent me an email and all the required information. He was wonderful. If I had any questions, he was the one I typically reached out to. Any hiccups, he was quick to respond to me. If he couldn’t answer, he would send me an email or text, let me know that he was on another call, and he’d return my call shortly. I had my own portal and I uploaded all the information or whatever I was missing. The process was seamless. There was one hiccup, but that was something else they needed at the last moment through no fault of anyone’s. The refinance closed fairly easy. The rate was a little high, but it was good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for allowing us to serve you Ms. Hall-Hampton and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 19, 2022

When I checked on different places, I found Amerisave to be the easiest to work with, with the most clear process. They were responding in a timely manner. Their rates were as good or better than all that I had called so, I was happy with that.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Uppinghouse for your review! We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at cutomercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I like the professionalism on the person I got on the other side of the phone. The other company was Rocket Mortgage, and the guy was very aggressive and very unprofessional. The experience with AmeriSave was great. The process went quick. Most of the loans take time. I've heard them go 45 days in some instances. We started on January 30th and we signed closing on February 23rd. The lady that assisted us was real good. The only thing that took a little bit of time with the inspector was he was supposed to have the report back to them within a certain amount of days, but he didn't. That kind of upset me, but they got it squared away.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for being a valued client of ours, Mr. Aragon! Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 18, 2022

Part of the reason that I used Amerisave was that when you go to the site and you put your info in, and it kind of gives you a preapproval, a quick check. The information was accurate. I worked with Amanda who was knowledgeable and easy to work with. Any questions that I had, she was able to help and willing to help. I had talked to other companies, and that was not always the case. Some of them just wanted to push whatever it was that they were trying to sell or not even do that without doing a credit check right there on the spot. We got a good deal with Amerisave and we're happy. Having gone through it, if I ever have the need in the future, I would definitely reach back out to them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Dupree for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and we hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 17, 2022

The process was relatively easy and painless. I had Manuel who was great to work with. He helped me with everything I needed help with. Any questions I had, he dealt with them quickly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us Mr. Robinson! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Amerisave was awesome. The rep was a class act. He was very respectful and made us feel very comfortable.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback Mr. Rock and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 16, 2022

The process took a little bit longer than we had anticipated. They had put down my husband’s Social Security number wrong. So that threw out a bunch of stuff. They also had our address listed incorrectly. So they had to resubmit some stuff. Christopher was our loan officer and once he got the correct information, it went right through. Even though we had a little glitch there, everything went very well and there was good communication.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mrs. Dixon for allowing us to serve you and for this great feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I liked the idea that the initial pre-qualification was considered a soft credit pull where it didn't affect my credit. I was kinda shocked the number was a little better. I'm very pleased with the process. The service was quick. Tamimi was my originator and he was very helpful. He walked me through the thing, which I kind of needed a little bit as far as transferring the documents and downloading things. They closed quickly, which was what I was after. I went with a 20-year note, which gave me a little better closing cost.

I did the hybrid mortgage thing where I signed a fair amount of my documents electronically. It made the settlement a lot quicker and easier. Also, AmeriSave sent a notary to my home, which made it easier. I didn’t have to take off a day's work and go to some title agency and sit at a desk. So I'm very satisfied with the way it turned out so far.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Dennis Poole for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Everything was awesome. Alexis was perfect. She was very personable and up-front. If I called in a question and didn't get a answer right away or she didn't answer, I left a message and she would call me within an hour. It's great being able to work with somebody like that. She gave us some options that we thought would help us in the process of doing some things, as far as money saving and paying off some debt. We decided on a option and I was happy with it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Smith for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave and with Alexis. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Their reps were all very good. There was very good communication with the person that walked me through everything. It was high-quality communication. There were lots of phone calls. Overall, there were some things that were very good and some things that were at times exasperating. All of the stuff with the loan processor was excellent. What was somewhat exasperating was the endless parade of documents that were bordering on the silly. Part of it was that it was a complicated situation because of probate. It was refinancing a HELOC that was actually in the name of someone who is dead.

The rates with AmeriSave were excellent. One thing that was especially good was that you could see all of the available rates. All of the different options are available for browsing on a daily basis, which makes it much better and easier to make an optimized decision, which a lot of companies don't provide. But one of AmeriSave's negatives is that it's painful to do anything with regard to how you do payments. You don't do things online. If you want to do automatic withdrawal, you have to send them hard copy documents.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Ernest Cohen, Thank you for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 14, 2022

This is my second time dealing with Amerisave and they did a great job. The process was very easy. It didn’t take two weeks. My rep, Michael, kept me up to date on everything. Any problems I thought I had, he would call and talk me through them. I have no complaints and I’m not a person that trusts people too easily or that's computer savvy. Amerisave was a big help to me. I sent my mom to them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Lesia Jones for completing this positive review about your experience with Amerisave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 13, 2022

Amerisave has been good. They are very prompt with any help I ask for, and they have patience. They send me to the right people to talk to who can help me, and they always do. I really appreciate that. My loan officer is very understanding as well. I don't know much about computers, and she always says, “Oh, you’re okay. You know more than myself.” She makes me feel good and she worked with me very nicely.

I'm trying to register my payments to start on the 1st, and I can't get on there. Every time I tried, they sent me an email, but I’m having a hard time, and I don’t want to be late paying for it. They gave me a phone number yesterday so I'm gonna try and call somebody. Other than that, everything is fine. A friend introduced me to AmeriSave, and I also started telling some people. They said not right now but when they are ready, they’ll let me know so I gave them the information.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for allowing us to serve you Ms. Theresa Adjei and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 13, 2022

The agent and the loan officer were good. There were good communication and customer service. So everything went well. My rate was a little bit high at 4.7, but it came down to 3.12. It was not bad. Also, the monthly went down from $2,070 to $1,880, and that was the outcome I was looking for.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Abdourahamane Balde, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 12, 2022

This is the second time that we've used them. I've dealt with the same guy every time. His name is Adam and I really liked working with him. He's great to work with. We did a re-mortgage with him last year. Then he contacted me and said that some things had changed and he had gone over some stuff. We talked about it for quite a bit and then I finally decided to go for it with him. We've worked closely together before. He's always so patient and very considerate.

Adam always answers my questions and runs different scenarios for me to consider. If I ask him, “Well, what if we do this instead?”, he's always happy to do it. He always reassured me that it was just a matter of plugging in numbers. He gets back to me immediately if I have questions about something. I can leave a message in or email him, and he gets back to me right away. He's always been very good to work with, so that's why I was willing to do it again. He looked over our stuff and recommended a program.

We got everything that I was after. We got ourselves in a better position going forward. We did a cashback and we were able to pay off some things and do some major work here that needed to be done without it putting a strain on us. Everything is coming out far ahead every month on money. So it worked out great. I was glad Adam contacted me and we talked about it because, overall, it helped us. We were fine the way we were, but it's even better now because we have a lot more money left over every month. It's been a great experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for allowing us to serve you again Ms. Brashear and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 12, 2022

For doing something via phone instead of in person, it was actually informative and quick. The process was painless and my person was good. Information-wise, everything was done to the detail. Any questions I had, he explained really clearly. I told him I would definitely deal with him again and refer. The new rate is better for me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Jacques Doby for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 11, 2022

My experience with AmeriSave was quite pleasant. They were very straightforward. They tell you what it is, how much the rate is, and how much is your ending APR based on points or lack of points, and then what's your monthly and what is your next billing once you get approved. They also gave me a timeline as to when would it possibly close. AmeriSave had the lowest and the shortest closing time, and then the process with them was so clear. So when I refinance, I recommend to my friends and to myself to always check with AmeriSave first. But I always double-check their figures before I move on.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review Florante Roa. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 11, 2022

They did really well. There was one day when I ended up having to talk to somebody else because our value had gone up enough on our home where I decided to do a cash out. It was pretty close to closing time and I was trying to get information on doing that. My originator was busy so somebody else had to step in and take care of stuff. So, it went pretty well. There was just a little hiccup. It was a bit frustrating, but it was taken care of.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Justice Berry for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please fee free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-40269

Original review: April 10, 2022

I called AmeriSave because they had a good review. They took the time to work with me versus telling me that my income-to-debt ratio was too much and they couldn't do anything. They did my credit pool and everything was okay. They could work with me. I had enough equity. So, I was able to pay off my debt. Working with the representatives there was good. The only issue I had was working with the people who did the appraisal. One guy come out to do the appraisal and was like, "Okay, I'm here from Flagship Appraisals." They were right up here in Smyrna and not far from me, and he didn't have an ID badge or any identity on the shirt or jacket. He went through the house and said nothing all the way through. He went outside, checked everything, sent a recording to the mortgage company, and then he told them that he would approve it after I completed taking down the wood on my garage that I had started.

The reason I wanted the mortgage is to be able to finish it. My son had started it, injured his back and ended up in the hospital. So, I couldn't finish it. We had to go out and buy coverings to cover the outside of the garage. We need to remove the wood because it is old and we knew that. That was the intention. The next guy to come out to finish it after we put that up and sent the pictures to them came out and he gave me the same name as the guy who said he was the same person before. Neither one of them looked a bit alike. I was furious and I did report that to AmeriSave. I was gonna send a letter to that national appraisal company that they use. I did not send it because I wanted to wait until everything was done. I have the letter prepared and ready to go to them, but I was afraid it would impact me in a bad direction.

When these appraisers come out, they should first show you an ID. I finally made this guy, when he came back to do the re-appraisal on the garage, show me his ID. He said, "Well, we're getting ready to change the name again." I went, "Whoa, that's a red flag to me." That was the only part that was really bad about this. AmeriSave was helpful. The two gentlemen that I worked with were very helpful. The rate is reasonable, too.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your review Ms. McKinney, as all feedback is greatly important to us. Please expect to hear from someone from our Customer Care team shortly to further discuss your experience. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: April 10, 2022

When I worked with AmeriSave to buy the current house I live in, it wasn't a bad experience except for the guy I was working with. So, I contacted customer service and worked directly with the manager of that guy and he assisted me in closing on the deal for the house. Because he gave me a good experience after a bad experience, I decided that, as long as I wasn't working with that guy, I would be fine. So, I called again and the rep set me up with a senior loan officer, Timothy and he really helped me out on getting me a good deal for the what would be now current primary home. The only poor experience would be all the stupid underwriter stuff, but that's a given.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback Mr. Stephens and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 9, 2022

The guy who I dealt with, Cody, made it feel very local and made it feel very personal. He was very straightforward in terms of what he could and couldn't do, what he thought would be beneficial, and where he thought the market was going in terms of interest rates and timing. Also, he was super quick on what we need and don't need. Everything was super smooth. I feel like everybody was really trying to help me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Jackson for completing this positive review about your experience with Amerisave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an Amerisave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 9, 2022

I was very pleased with the people that I worked with. Any questions that I had, they answered with no problems. Everything that I needed, they were always there, willing to help. I was happy with the end result. If I know anybody that was looking, I would recommend them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We're glad to know that our team met your expectations, Thank you Mr. Mabins for sharing your positive experience. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisve.com or by calling 1-888-700-4026.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information