4.7/5 (632 ratings)

Lock in your rate

Rates are expected to jump after the next Fed meeting

Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #1168) is an online, direct-to-consumer lender that offers home purchase loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also refinance options for those who want to adjust their rate or term or take out cash. AmeriSave has helped over 664,000 borrowers, funding over $115 billion in loans since it was founded in 2002.

Pros

• Customized rate quotes in minutes
  • Lock in rate for 90 days and shop homes
  • Loan officers available to answer questions via chat
  • Closing in as little as 25 days

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No HELOCs or home equity loans

Bottom Line

AmeriSave Mortgage offers a wide range of loan programs in most states. It has competitive rates for eligible borrowers buying a home or refinancing an existing loan. You can check your rates and get pre-qualified without any effect on your credit score.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Working with AmeriSave was good. We had some minor hiccups, which is usually anticipated in a transaction that’s large but overall, I was pleased with the service. It was a good process, and it moved quickly. The team that I was working with was pretty quick responding.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Solomon, thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

The guy that I talked to was pretty courteous and he seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about the services that they were providing. Whatever I needed, he always called me back. He was always there when I needed him or any questions I had or might have had. For the time, I got a pretty good rate. Everything to me, especially when I talked to my attorney and we went over everything, was pretty good. They asked for the documentation and I sent it over to them. It was a pretty smooth process.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Steven, thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

We did a refi with AmeriSave. It took about two and a half months. It wasn't bad. It went well. I was able to speak with my rep on a daily basis whenever I needed information or whenever he needed information. He was excellent. Everything was smooth sailing.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Loneshia, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

My situation was a little bit complex because we did have some funds that were gifts that were a result of a vehicle that we sold. So, it was a little bit harder to get that verified. We had to get documents from the auction. But aside from that, all the other documents were pretty easy to get. Amerisave assigned me a loan officer to help me spell out anything I needed if I had written something out wrong or if I gave them the wrong information. They helped direct me to what I needed. Omar was pretty nice. He was helpful and understanding. He was a really good loan officer to work with. The rates and terms were competitive at the time that I bought a house. They were not the best of all time, but for the climate that we were in, it was a good rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Emerson, thank you for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

AmeriSave's application process was long as hell but it was okay. Their representatives were very nice. I enjoyed being with them. They were on point with everything. I will recommend AmeriSave to others because I liked the person I worked with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Gloria, thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I liked everything that AmeriSave was doing and trying to help me. Marcella and her partner were really good. Marcella was very professional. She was very helpful and always ready to answer my questions. When I first started, she gave me a preapproval letter really, really fast. But then I thought I was gonna go with somebody else. So I tried to go with somebody else but they put me through a wringer. When I reached back out to Marcella, she was able and willing to help do everything that needed to get done, along with Sylvia. So they both worked very good compared to the other company that I was trying to work with. I linked everything to the portal, and it uploaded the documents with no problem. The rate was a little higher. But in the position that I was in, I was ready to do whatever. So it's still lower than what I was paying before. I was very satisfied.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Venisha, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

AmeriSave's communication was excellent. If they needed anything, they would let me know. So, there was not really a whole lot of delay in the whole process. The most shocking thing about it all was the closing cost and all of the tiny fees that went in to build that closing cost.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Donovan, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

The application process was okay. The people who handle the paperwork were busy. Their process is automated and I'd send in information, then they wouldn't receive it, and then they'd ask for more info. I sent them something, and they'd ask for something different. It was a little challenging for me, but I did do it. But the person I was dealing with helped me and said, "Well, just send it to my text and I'll send it over." So, it worked out. He listened to me and he was there every step of the way.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Richelle, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I got rates from three different companies and AmeriSave ended up having the best interest rate and the lowest down payment, so I went with them. The application was fine. The only thing that I wish was better was the documents that were needed. Two days later, they would say they needed documents for something that I already explained. It was very repetitious when it came to the documents that I had to provide. But the process itself of getting online and accessing it on the app was easy.

My loan officer and the people that I spoke with at AmeriSave kept us up to date on what was going on, which I like. I had seen reviews online where people were saying that they couldn't get in contact with their loan officer. But that was the complete opposite in my case. Any time I called my loan officer, they would answer the phone or they would send an email. I had great communication with the loan advisor. There was also someone else and he was great too. Everything was well explained. I was comfortable knowing the different parts of the loan and what was gonna be expected.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Shamira, thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

AmeriSave had the best deal. I talked to the loan officer and he walked me through fees and approximate cost, and preliminary documentation. I e-signed it, and then I provided them electronically, under a secure, locked site, my information. We went back and forth a couple of times, because I was getting some additional information from them. Then I was approved. They wanted me to close sooner than I did. The rate was fantastic, but the fees ended up being a little bit higher than I expected from the beginning. But the loan officer was fantastic.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Tracy, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

I had a positive experience with AmeriSave from start to finish. The timing was good when it came to the application process. There were some documents that I had to submit and we kept in contact. It took about a little over 30 days, which is fine. My rep was excellent. She was very attentive and communicative throughout the process, no matter whose hands it went to, whether it was in hers or whether it was in underwriting. I was grateful for that.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Gerri, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

They were the quickest to respond to my needs and they were available whenever I tried to get ahold of them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Juan, thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

I tried to buy a house over a year ago. I called the rep Aileen and she made the process so easy. But the house was sold and I couldn't get it. I ended up refinancing my current home with her. I worked with her and AmeriSave on the refinance. I then made a new purchase for the house that I'm moving in right now because of how it went last year on the refinance. It was a lake house that my husband and I were wanting. When it came up again, the first thing I did was call Aileen and tell her. She told me the steps to apply for a loan again.

The application process to closing took a couple of weeks. We started it in September and everything went smoothly with the paperwork and stuff. We just had to wait since the buyer couldn't move out until November. I called Aileen several times a day or whenever I needed a question answered. When she needed paperwork, she would call me. Now, I'm just waiting for the interest rates to go down again so I could call Aileen and refinance.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hi Ms. Debra, thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I got a conventional loan and the process was straightforward. I was very pleased with it. Customer service was above average.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Nathaniel, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything fur3ther, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I looked at many companies and AmeriSave seemed to have the best overall rates. The process of applying to refinance and closing it all out took a few months. Customer service was very good. The only frustrating thing was I kept trying to give them my routing number and bank account. I couldn't get a straight answer about where to send the information.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Kyle, thank you for sharing your feedback. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

The biggest problem that we had with the application process with AmeriSave was uploading my husband's driver's license when we were doing the notary and that's because he works outside and it was so scratched. But the notary was helpful and she made it happen. The rep who processed the loan was confident with his company and the loan. He calmed me with any concerns and told me that I don’t have to worry about it. I felt so comfortable and we had a personal connection. He had a personal issue with his dog and I'm a huge dog lover, and he sent me a picture of his dog after she got better with the vet. I liked him.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Carrie, thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Everything went well. It was a bit stressful at times but they were very easy to work with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Ricky, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

My loan person, Chris, walked me through every step. He would call just to tell me what was going on with the process so I wouldn't have to guess or wonder what was going on. The application process was all online and it was easy which was why I thought maybe I could pay my mortgage online. I got the AmeriSave app but I can't pay for my loan on the app. I have to call and they charge me $10 to make the payment. It's some ridiculous fee. But the person that came out when I closed was very professional. I couldn't ask for a better experience. Everybody was nice. The lady would call me too to check up on me. She called and told me that she was going out of town and that somebody else was going to be calling to check on me. And true enough, they did. Everybody was true to their word. So, it was a very easy process.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Alicia, thank you for your review as all feedback is greatly important to us. Please expect to hear from someone from our Customer Care Team shortly to discuss your issue. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

They gave me the best rate. It was a good experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Yesenia, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

The application process was smooth and it was awesome working with the rep. I had a very good experience with Abraham, my agent. Everything was done within a month. AmeriSave is a good mortgage company. Their rates are fair and they have good customer service. They do not beat around the bush.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

East, thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

The application process with AmeriSave took about five minutes. It was easy and the communication with the rep was very good. I got a good rate and term but their Realty team was a little slow about getting out the rebate checks that they send out.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Jonathan, thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

The communication with the rep was wonderful. If I needed anything, I just called him and he answered. Even with email, he responded within an hour. The application process was very fast. I enjoyed it. The rate was better than what I thought it was gonna be, so that was a good thing. I still would make it lower, but I took what I could get in this market. The experience with AmeriSave was very pleasant. They are very good at what they do.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Matthew, thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this great feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

The application process with AmeriSave was great. I can't blame anybody because of the situation with how we were buying the house and what was needed for FHA and it was some stuff on our end that made it a major headache. But if it had not been for Michelle, the lady that had done the loan processing, I was just gonna give up and not do it at all. She's the sole reason that I went ahead and done the loan through AmeriSave. It was super easy on everything. I needed to update, scan and send back a bunch of forms. But it wasn't their fault. It was FHA needing certain documents a certain way and it was a lot of back and forth.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Joshua, thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this great feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I went with an FHA and the application process was simple. I did everything myself but there was a loan officer and a person who does the contract that I dealt with very briefly. They were super helpful. Considering that I bought the house at a horrible time to buy houses, AmeriSave did good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. John, thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

I had a good experience with AmeriSave. The timeline of the application process was sufficient for everything and communication with everybody was really good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Jeffrey, we're glad to know that our team met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your positive experience. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

At first, it was a little frustrating, but Marshall was our contact and he was the one I talked to all the time. There were things that got input wrong in the beginning. As soon as I said, "that's not right," he worked overtime to make sure everything was right. At one point, it got declined because they put my husband's income wrong. He figured out what they had done wrong and he was the one emailing and calling and I always knew he was on my side. He really did go above and beyond. At one point, I was frustrated with the paperwork and things weren't going through right and I cried, and he said, "Listen, I got you. Just email it to me, I'll get it in." He was very kind.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Kaitlyn, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

The AmeriSave rep I worked with followed up and he kept us in the loop. The communication was excellent. Once we really got the ball rolling, it was faster than we thought it would take. We're also happy with the rate and the monthly payments. We had an excellent experience with AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Rebecca, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

The process of applying for a mortgage with them was easy. Their customer service was good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Donnell, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Getting a loan with AmeriSave was easy overall. The person that we worked with directly, Christine, was really helpful. There was another person we worked with. But she was a little bit confusing, but Christine cleared things up, so it was fine. Christine was able to answer any questions that we had. We did a VA loan. They had given us a 5.25 but we had someone else that told us we would get a 5.15, so they were going to match it, but we were never told that we were going to have to pay more in order for them to match it. We ended up having to pay 1,800 out of pocket in order to get that rate. So that part was frustrating. That wasn't really explained well enough to us. They should explain the $500 lock fee better. They made it seem like it was going towards our closing costs, but it just went toward the lock fee.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Elena, thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We apologize that we did not meet the high standards of excellence that we strive for. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

The process was super fast. The reps were constantly emailing and updating me. I waited too long but the rates were fine.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Dawn, thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700.4026.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information