4.7/5 (713 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jennifer Schurman
Edited by Sally Jones

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #1168) is an online, direct-to-consumer lender that offers home purchase loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also refinance options for those who want to adjust their rate or term or take out cash. AmeriSave has helped over 664,000 borrowers, funding over $115 billion in loans since it was founded in 2002.

Pros

• Customized rate quotes in minutes
  • Lock in rate for 90 days and shop homes
  • Loan officers available to answer questions via chat
  • Closing in as little as 25 days

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No HELOCs or home equity loans

Bottom Line

AmeriSave Mortgage offers a wide range of loan programs in most states. It has competitive rates for eligible borrowers buying a home or refinancing an existing loan. You can check your rates and get pre-qualified without any effect on your credit score.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

The process with AmeriSave was everything it needed to be. It was professional and efficient which was important to me because I only had so much time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Michelle, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Amerisave was the most understandable and the easiest lender that I can work with. I tried others. They took too long to approve me, and then they asked me too many questions that I couldn’t even understand. So it was easier for me to go AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jules Rezidor, Thank you for taking the time to share this positive post. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have been able to make this mortgage transaction smooth for you! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

AmeriSave was really good. Especially working with my loan officer, Leah. She was absolutely wonderful and provided a little extra information when I needed it and went over the top and made sure I understood what was happening. She made everything go smoothly. There's also an upload button in the portal, you upload the document you need to upload, so it was easy.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Corbin Blomquist, Thank you for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The process was smooth once everything was pre-approved. Christine was my agent with AmeriSave and she did a fantastic job with helping us through the whole process. We moved quickly and ended up closing in a very short amount of time (two and a half weeks). There was a lot of information and documentation in a very short amount of time. My only complaint was there was something that popped up and I wasn't notified until the 11th hour. Once that happened, with hitting our closing date, the problem became having to go through with JP Morgan and getting things cleared up from them. It was a hassle. I wish that we would have known about it earlier, so we could have been ahead of the game on that. If it would have been a normal 30-day close, that would have been something that could have been handled with more than enough time. There were certain individuals during the process that could have been a little bit more receptive or communicated better.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Bruno, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The process went pretty straightforward and quick.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Gregory Gordon, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I talked to customer service about some issues I had. They were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

This is my first time buying a home and my experience was wonderful. I like AmeriSave because they were responsive whenever I needed a answer. Sean was wonderful. She answered every question. She called me back when I needed her. She always kept in contact with me. The guy, Jamie, was good. I so enjoyed working with him because he was on top of things. Altogether, AmeriSave was very accurate when I needed something.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Evelyn Velazquez, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

The pre-approval process was pretty simple. For the most part, they would respond in a timely manner. But there were certain times when they didn't and it took a while for feedback. So it took a lot of pushing on my end to get things going. But Shawn was great. He was very helpful and he informed me a lot on the process and what was going on. He was able to work with me. I was a special circumstance. So it was a lot of work on both our parts. Overall, it was a fine process. AmeriSave is all right. But Shawn was the one who impressed me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Cecilia Fields, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

AmeriSave was able to lock in a rate before the rates started going up. The first loan processor was good. Her name was Melissa. The second one was very pleasant. The problem was when Melissa left the company, we got the new loan processor and almost had to start all over again. I had to send the same documents over again which was frustrating.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ricky Mcclure, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

The loan officer and the staff were pretty good. Most of the time, they were pretty reachable with respect to questions or to documentation requirements. Overall, it was a pretty smooth experience, considering the timeline that we were for closing.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Pratyush Anumakonda, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

My representative, Phil, was upfront and didn't try to push anything on me. Even after-hours, he would call me back or send me a message if he was on another phone call. He was hands down one of the best people I’ve worked with. However, my underwriter was a little difficult. They would continuously delete items that they said they needed. Instead of calling me, they continued to delete items. At closing, they called to tell me they still weren't finished with the paperwork. They said they needed to call my boss and didn't have her number. Why didn't they ask me that previously instead of two hours after I was supposed to close? AmeriSave gave me one of the best rates but unfortunately, as I was getting ready to close, the rates dropped again, so I didn't qualify because the paperwork was already done.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Brandy Reagan, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I compared AmeriSave to Rocket Mortgage and Low VA Rates, and AmeriSave won out on their quote. The application process went faster than it could with the competitors. It was on a timely basis, and they backed up their word. Whatever they promised me, they delivered. The rate and terms are fair, and all is good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Kelvin Gratton, Thank you for taking the time to share this positive post. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have been able to make this mortgage transaction smooth for you! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

The team was very easy to work with, and the rep, Jordan, took care of the process from start to finish. He did a great job, and I have nothing but respect for him. All my payments went through, and we’re good to go. I'd bring friends to AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Schwieterman, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

The online application process was very easy. The process was filing documents that were requested into the AmeriSave portal and repeatedly maintaining that document, adding documents as requested by underwriting. The rep we worked with was wonderful too. He was very communicative and stayed on top of things. It was not fun to deal with a refinance, but it wasn't bad. Use AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Zinn, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

I did a cash-out refinance, and my experience with AmeriSave was really good. It was quick and easy, and the rep was professional, really on top of it and let me know when things were needed.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jens Jensen, We're glad to know that our team met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your positive experience. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

I would recommend AmeriSave. The application process was easy, and we worked with a good guy. Also, the rate and terms were really comparable for the time, for everybody.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Toni Douglas, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

This is the first time I bought a house, and everything was super easy. AmeriSave's portal was really user-friendly, and I couldn't say enough good things about Sam, the rep. She called me and really walked me through everything. I was a little lost and she really broke everything down for me in a way I could understand. She's very knowledgeable, and she helped me out. She was also easy to contact and quick to get back to me when I called her. Overall, my experience was fantastic, and I would definitely tell friends to go with AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Juan Moreno, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

The portal wouldn't accept the screenshots from the phone even though it says it will. It had to be PDF files almost every time. Other than that, everything went great. There was constant contact, and the reps were easy to get ahold of and work with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Rachal, Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I had some difficulties with uploading documents. The best way of doing it was taking a picture and sending it in via my phone. Other than that, my experience with AmeriSave was really good, and it was good timing. The rep made it really smooth for us to go through. Very helpful. I'd definitely recommend AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Hilsen, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

The online application process was convenient, that everything is right there. I could do it on my phone or computer. My interactions with the customer service representatives were always positive as well, and they responded fast to my emails. Everything went well. I recommended AmeriSave to a friend and family member.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jana Corna, Thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-7010-4026

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

The online application process was really smooth. A lot of websites aren’t user-friendly, but AmeriSave’s was very user-friendly. Both the originator and the person I worked with that did the final the paperwork were excellent too.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Paige, We appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

Too many mistakes to list; save yourself time, money, and aggravation by shopping your mortgage requirements with other lenders, namely Rocket Mortgage or UWM; I am so sorry I did not listen to my advice, and I will never do business with AmeriSave again, Rocket Mortgage offered me the same rate, term, and conditions, I went with AmeriSave because they agreed to pay for the appraisal, they ordered the wrong inspection, then made me pay for the correct assessment, I was too far into the mortgage to change lenders.

Keep asking me for documents assuring me this was the last time, night before closing asked for additional documents, they should have asked for from day one, payoff on accounts statements, agreed to reimbursement me for the appraisal they lied about that, order FHA transfer numbers with appraisal ordered the wrong one. Asked for documents over and over the already received, once checking their information stated, "Oh yes we have them." Many Many more issues, but I think you get it, the Senior Account Director will not return a call, left her (Gina) numerous messages, the only one that tried extremely hard was Lee the underwriter, I do appreciate her, but no one else, save yourself. Go elsewhere.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Huggins, thank you for sharing your feedback. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

The process was pretty straightforward. I submitted the information and then I got the loan. They had to correct some of the information a few times but the application process was pretty smooth. My loan officer was Malachi and he was great. He answered all the questions that I had.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Davies, We are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

AmeriSave called one day and I asked them for a quote, and they did. They were the ones who really paid attention. They were on the ball even though I didn't call them initially. They also had almost the lowest interest rate and points.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Scharf, thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

AmeriSave streamlined everything today, so it's crazy what you could accomplish. All went very well. My rep was a cool guy. He was always there when we needed him and kept us updated on everything and worked with us in every way. We really liked Fabio. Unfortunately, the rate was going up, but at least we got in the lower end of it going up and Fabio said he'll keep us informed if the rates start going down.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Mauler, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

AmeriSave was great to work with. The application was relatively easy and uploading documents was pretty simple. The people at AmeriSave were easy to get in touch with and they kept the ball rolling with everything. My rep was very easy to talk to and very diligent as far as taking care of things. If I had any questions, he was quick to reply and get back to me. He answered them very well.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Grotrian, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

I had an awesome experience with them. My rep was honest with me right off the bat. I was in the process of doing a refinance with Rocket Mortgage, my mortgage company at the time, and the numbers kept changing every time I talked to them on the phone. I was getting really frustrated. Curtis took down my information and said, “Here, let me go see and give you the final deal.” In 15 minutes, he gave me a hard estimate and all the numbers that I was looking for. He gave me the rate, terms, and closing time.

It was actually scary going through AmeriSave because it was so easy. It didn't seem real. There was no fighting and no last-minute, "Hurry up, give me this paperwork,” or, “I need this faxed over right now.” What they said happened. If you're gonna go see and buy a house, definitely go through AmeriSave. They're the best company ever.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Blas, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

The process went quite well. I was very happy with it. There was a little hiccup with putting the documents and information in and being able to view them but other than that, everything else was perfect. My originator, Jonathan, was really awesome to work with. He communicated very well. He moved the process along and helped me get everything in on time that we needed. Any other time I buy a home, I'll probably be going through AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Donavin, Thank you for taking the time to share this positive post. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have been able to make this mortgage transaction smooth for you! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I liked the people in AmeriSave. The guy I talked to didn't sugarcoat anything. He really bent over backwards for me. There were a couple of things that came up that I had to do but they worked with me and I was very pleased with them. The application process was easy. Rocket Mortgage contacted me and said, “Well, I can go a better interest rate.” It was a half point down. But AmeriSave said, “Well, we can match that.” They were very truthful in what they did.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jean Connor, We're glad to know that our team met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your positive experience. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Everybody I worked with was great but I was constantly bouncing between different people and it seemed like none of them were talking with each other. I had each one calling me for the same information and the very next day, they'd be calling me for the next thing. It started getting really annoying and very frustrating. It was a lot of repetitive paperwork and there were people calling me that I didn't know were involved in the process. I dealt with Justin in the beginning and if anything else needed to come to AmeriSave, it would have gone through him but everybody kept calling me direct instead. And I wasn't notified who would be calling me. It felt like random people were calling me at different times. It seemed like internal communication was not there but they were all perfectly nice, though.

Then, the paperwork that the inspector sent in had a different header than what the termite report did and they came from the same person. I was seriously thrown for a loop for an entire day of panic. But it was solved by a simple Google search. The application to finish was pretty quick. We were able to come in, get the estimate of what we could get for a loan, and a week later, we looked at a house. Then, a week after that, we were closing. I had a very good experience and I very much enjoyed working with Justin.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Erin Peterson, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for the great feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information