View Rates

2. Mortgages

4.5/5 (877 ratings)

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $55 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Quick online quote process

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • Some closing delays

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Some customers complain about closing delays, but eligible borrowers can find affordable and fair rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

My loan servicer, Marguerite, worked really hard to give me the information I needed and did what it took to gain my business. I was pretty comfortable working with them though it seemed like there could be a bit better communication between the loan servicer. Marguerite, a few times, had to ask questions as far as whether or not documents were done or not, or documents had been sent to me because it seemed like someone else was sending them to me. But maybe she had her hands tied or maybe she could have had more information or been in the know more about things, just because someone else was doing some of the legwork. Other than that, the rate I got at first was not great. But because Marguerite was able to match other terms as far as interest rates, it became good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Caleb and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Margarite took such great care of you. We will take a look at your process and see what we can do to smooth the flow for future experiences. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I gave them a call and the lady that I spoke to, Angela, was wonderful. She told me what the whole process was and how much money it was gonna be. She also told me what the interest would be and then she walked me step by step through everything. If I didn't understand something about what was going on, I'd call her and then she’d follow up back with me with an email as to what was going on. I've got a whole laundry list of emails on my computer that she sent.

She even called me a couple of times on the weekend and I told her, I said, “What are you doing working on Saturday?". She said, “I’m trying to get all this stuff so it’s taken care of." She needs time with her family but she still did the job anyway. That's how competent she was. She looked after her customer. She had the customers’ best interests at heart. ​I could not have asked for a better experience working with her.

After we did all the signing, AmeriSave offered us to a separate company and allowed us to do our payments twice a month. By doing that, we save so much money. If we want to, we can make an extra amount of payment every month to set up, or we can make a one-time payment whenever we want during the year that goes against the principal. It costs us 400 and something bucks to go with AmeriSave. But as long as you have a loan, that's all you ever have to pay with them. They manage everything and keep you up-to-date. So, I couldn't be happier with the service that I got from them. I will recommend them to anybody

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Roy and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Angela took such great care of you. We recognize the time and effort giving great service takes but we will make sure Angela enjoys those weekends as well! We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Working with AmeriSave was nice and easy. We had already done a refi and then, the rates dropped again so we did it again. The rep was great. We had just refinanced so he had all the information. It was very quick, which was what we liked. It was wonderful that we didn't have to leave the house, everybody came to us.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Brooke, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Alfredo and our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

AmeriSave had a better overall pricing for what I was doing for my refi. I applied with them and the process was pretty easy. I worked with their rep, Jacob, who was very knowledgeable and helpful. I knew they were kind of busy, so I understood that he had a lot of clients. But I've been trying to pay my mortgage since the first and I've called, left messages about five times a day, and I've got about five numbers that I called to leave messages with. They told me that I would have to sign up for auto pay and before I can get the auto payment, I’d have to make my first payment. But it's been hell trying to make that first payment and I finally got it in today.

Their loan department needs more assistance. But I knew it was because of the circumstances we're under, the Coronavirus. So I knew it was going to be backed up with more work. All in all, I'd recommend AmeriSave to anybody. I couldn't have done my refinance without them. But I want them to start working on more customer service after the loan is over with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Karl and thank you so much for this feedback. We will jump on the servicing questions you have and I will have someone reach out to you directly to assist. Please look for our call. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Jacob took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Amerisave's customer service was really good. My rep was there every time I call and he answered the phone quickly. He had the answer or if there was something they didn't know, he at least would try to get an answer and get back to me right away. The process took a little longer than I would have liked but that was partly my fault because I had an addition that I was in the middle of completing before AmeriSave wanted the appraiser to come out. Also, if you're going to do a cash-out, then make sure you know that the 30-year rate's gonna go up on your interest.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Dainon and thank you so much for this great feedback! We will take a look at your experience and see what we could have done to move it through the process a little more rapidly. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Maziar took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

AmeriSave’s application process was quick, easy, simple and straightforward. The rep was very nice and knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and I will recommend him. Also, I had a good rate. I dropped down from a 4.5 to a 2.99.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hi Olivia, and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Trey took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

When I applied with AmeriSave, the process took four weeks and it was pretty efficient. The rate and terms I got from them were great and the woman I worked with, Maggie, was great as well.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Carl, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Madeleine took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

The representatives at AmeriSave were very good at making things easy because I wasn’t computer-literate. It was the best part. But nine months is too long to wait for a loan. The process was not organized well. They wanted one thing here and I sent that to them, then they wanted one thing there. Instead of them giving you the whole list of what they want so you can send it all in and get it done within three months instead of nine, they dragged it out, which was not acceptable. They should have had a list ready and it could have all been there and end of story. Then, if they needed anything extra, it would have been fine.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciated your patience, and we appreciate your feedback on your mortgage loan. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company, and we value the information you provided so that we can share with our Operations Team.

If you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our Satisfaction Team a our toll-free number 888-700-4026, or by email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

The reps were very informative and polite. The application process didn't take long at all because everything was over on the internet. So, it's just plugging in your initials here and there. It was simple and a lot easier. I'm very happy with the fixed rate and a very low interest rate. I was able to lower my time on my loan. If people had any questions, AmeriSave is very willing to answer each and every one of them, so they don’t need to be shy about asking. AmeriSave breaks down everything to you where it's understandable and they’re helpful.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Shalonna and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Francis and our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

AmeriSave was quick and professional. I've dealt with two agents, and they were both just as good. For one thing, doing this online is really scary because you're not seeing somebody, and you’d think they're not going to be available, but they were. Anytime I sent an email or forms, everything was done automatically online. If I ever had a glitch, I would just send an email and I’d have a response within the hour. Everyone was always available to answer any questions. There was always somebody on the phone with me when I was going through all the documents. This is the second time I've been with AmeriSave, and they were just as good both times. So, I’m impressed.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Gloria and thank you so much for this great feedback! Thanks you for allowing us to help you not once, but twice! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Nathan and our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I loved working with AmeriSave. It was so easy when we contacted them and they had exactly what we were looking for. Cameron, the rep, was great at keeping in contact with us. If there was something he needed, he would send me an email. We were able to do everything electronically so, that was nice that we didn't have to hunt anything down and go any places. Signing was easy and done right at the house. So, everything was great. The only thing was when there were documents that were needed, I was getting three emails a day, saying that these were needed, even though I had sent them in already to Cameron. But he said those were auto sent. Our payments is going down on our house, which is awesome. We were able to pull cash out of our equity and still be able to save on our house payment. We don't have a house payment this month, so that was helpful too. It won't start until December, so we had a whole month off.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Rachel and thank you so much for this feedback! We will take a look at your experience and see what we can change in the email notification process. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Cameron took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

AmeriSave’s application process was simple and efficient. The guy we had was great and made a quick response. It was seamless dealing with him.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Brian, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Blake took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

AmeriSave was the first one that called and the loan officer I dealt with was very informative so I stuck with them. I didn't know about the $500 application fee until at closing. That wasn't told upfront. But other than that, everything was fairly simple. We closed in about three weeks. I could have got the rate a little bit lower after I was already into it. But it was 3.3 and that was still a good rate so I'm not gonna explain.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Melissa, thank you so much for this feedback! We will look at the communication surrounding your application fee and will make sure that we communicate it more clearly in the future. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Mike took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

The process with AmeriSave was ridiculously easy and very simple. Everything was online. You go into a portal, they tell you what you need, you go on, and they send you notifications on what is in the portal and what they need. You go in, you upload it immediately, and it's done. My entire process was less than 30 days. There were some complications but it wasn't anything on anybody's behalf. There was an issue with the title. Other than that, everything was good and it was very quick. We had an appraiser come out and we had an appeal because the home was valued low. But we were able to make a mutual agreement so, people should ask questions and not be afraid of asking them. The representative I had, James, was amazing. He answered everything I had, regardless of how stupid the question was or just intricate. He was very patient.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Cassandra, thank you so much for this feedback! We love to hear about the experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that James took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I used AmeriSave in the past and I met Daniel, the rep, the first time. He was very thorough. He was a great guy and he would educate you in the process. I refer him to everybody. This time, we had hurricane Ida happen and at the same time, I was trying to get a mortgage. I had no internet nor powe so Daniel got all my documents for me. He literally went above and beyond. AmeriSave is very competitive with any gimmick you'd see online as far as interest rates. I had good positive feedback from them.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Nathan and thank you so much for this great feedback! Thank you for allowing us to assist you again! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Daniel took such great care of you. Sorry to hear about the power/internet issues but we are so glad that Daniel was able to get us through it. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I have never done online before and the representative assured me and guided me through the process step-by-step. Every time I reached out, he responded, so that was the best thing ever. I was able to trust AmeriSave and they assured me that I was gonna get the best service and rates. I was convinced and I got what I wanted. I highly recommend them and I've been telling people about who I work with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Margarita and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Patryk took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

I gave AmeriSave the information they needed and they gave me those e-docs, and walked me right through. My wife and I signed them, sent it back and they confirmed it. They asked for the few docs they needed. I said that I wanted a rate equivalent to this or lower and that I didn’t want prepayment penalties, and they said they didn't have that. I talked to the guy and he said that he could close me in under 30 days. The application process was simplified. This was not the first horse I ever rode and I had rentals too. They were all a pain in the neck but this is the best process I’ve ever had. I would like a little clarity on the address for payment though, even though it was in the closing docs. It'd be nice to have papers saying how much I’m going to pay so I didn't have to scan some documents again. That isn't even a necessity but a simplification on my part to make my life easier.

The rep was great and I bluntly spoke to him about my questions or concerns with simple stuff like prepayment, 30-year fixed, low interest rates, zero to no points or little points, and that was my interest. He said what he could do for me and he came right out and held to his promise. He said that the sooner I got this done, we could lock in that rate. He told me exactly what he needed and kept me in the loop the whole way. He called me the minute there was an e-doc to sign if I hadn't signed it within a few hours. He would say that the sooner I sign, the sooner we could close on this. He seemed very straightforward and the whole experience with him was very positive.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Jack and thank you so much for this great feedback! We will have someone reach out quickly and assist you with any payment question you have. Please look for our all. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Christopher took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Working with AmeriSave was amazing. Our mortgage was with them before and then, we used them to buy our new house. When I refinanced, I started going through somebody else but it was so easy the last time with AmeriSave and I decided to call them. And it was easy again. The rep was very nice and if I had a question, she answered. She did a great job. My husband works on a large bit of commission and she was helpful with that. Also, it was easy to download all the forms. We saved a little bit of money after the refinancing with AmeriSave was done and we got the money to build the porch.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Tabitha, thank you so much for this great feedback! Thank for allowing us to assist you again! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Yasmeen and our team took such great care of you. We hope you enjoy that porch, and we cant wait to see pictures when its finished! We also look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

The worst mortgage experience I’ve ever had. I am a disabled veteran interested in a VA Streamline IRRRL loan. It was supposed to be a quick, no-documentation VA-to-VA refinance, but the loan originators at Amerisave, Deborah Yassa-Price, had no idea how to process a VA loan. They are supposed to evaluate the loan application within 3 days and send me a disclosure, but they did not. Four and a half weeks after the application they realized they made a mistake. But by then, I submitted every document imaginable, was sent seven (7) different sets of wrong disclosures and sent them all back annotated with the errors. The interest rate changed from 2.25 to 2.625 to 1.99 and back to 2.25, the loan specifics changed from 15 years to 30 years and back to 15, and the loan changed from VA IRRRL to VA cash-out to conventional.

Each loan officer blamed someone else, originators blame the underwriters, the processor blamed the originator, and it was obvious that none of them really had a clue. I would advise anyone to read the reviews before choosing Amerisave and wasting weeks of your time. They have received a score of complaints similar to mine, but I unfortunately didn’t do my homework. I feel good knowing they didn’t get a penny out of me, and they spent their own money for five weeks of incompetence.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that communication regarding the status of your loan has been delayed or lacking. AmeriSave is experiencing unprecedented call volume and our employees and managers are returning calls as quickly as possible. Your feedback has been forwarded to the sales manager who will return your call. You may also contact AmeriSave's Customer Care Team at 888-700-4026, or via email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

When I googled to see who were the top five loan providers, AmeriSave was in the top five. I liked their interest rate. It was a good rate. Other people call and try to get you to go with them and the other ones weren't as good as theirs. The application process was fairly quick and easy. Their rep was very helpful.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Lori and thank you so much for this great feedback! We feel like we are the top 1! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Michael and our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

AmeriSave called me and I really liked the person who talked to me. He seemed knowledgeable and experienced. The process took less than 30 days and I was very happy with the rate and terms I got. I was kind of reluctant because I never heard of AmeriSave before. But they really performed well and I would recommend them to my friends and relatives gladly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Larry and thank you so much for this great feedback! We feel like we are the best in the industry; we do what we do quietly so we can focus on what is important....you. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Ymir took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The last time that we refinanced, it took us probably four months from start to finish. With AmeriSave, it was so quick and easy and the gentleman that we worked with was awesome. Phil and I were both on speaker with him. He walked us through everything, explained what we needed to do, sent us everything through the AmeriSave portal that we needed to take care of and everything was as smooth as it could be. It was an awesome experience and super fast. They did a good job. Working with AmeriSave made it easier to accomplish our goals.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Laurie, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Daniel took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The guy that I worked with was great. I wouldn't have gotten the loan like that if he hadn't been in there. I'll recommend AmeriSave any day.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Stanley and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Brad took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

The application process was thorough but very easy to work with. I worked with Cody and I love him. He is quick and he was able to give me different scenarios. He was pleasant and he didn't waste my time. I recommended him to my sister and she will be closing with him soon.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jean, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Cody took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I have used AmeriSave to refinance my previous mortgage. I was looking around at rates and how fast people could close because I need to do it pretty quickly, and AmeriSave was good in all those categories. We closed the loan in 20 days. I was working with a loan officer and a loan originator, Curtis and Amy, and they were both really great. They let me know right away what I needed to do and if there were any issues with the documentation I provided, they were pretty quick in telling me and I was able to fix it for them. I'm very satisfied and I would definitely go through AmeriSave again.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Patrick and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Aimee and our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I liked AmeriSave's interest rate and customer service. Everything was explained to me and everything the loan officer said was on the paper. I hope he gets a reward or gets recognized for the fine job that he's doing.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Khalid and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Christopher took such great care of you. We will make sure that we pass your kind words along to him! We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Working with AmeriSave was the easiest process I've ever gone through with a refi. The rep's communication was fabulous. He was very knowledgeable and confident in what he would be able to do for us. That confidence came through in conversations over the phone with him. He is someone I feel comfortable with. He gave us multiple options and we went with what we consider to be a slam dunk where we were able to lower the interest rate and the payment. I had a neighbor that had to come over and witness the signing. She's like, "What did you guys go with?" I said, "Girl, you have to use these people. If you're gonna refi, these are the people to choose." If we decide to move, we're definitely going to go back to AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Carmen thank you so much for this great feedback!! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Bradley and our team took such great care of you. Thank you so much for the referral! We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

AmeriSave's application process was so precise and so comprehensive. The representative explained everything for me to understand. I would refer AmeriSave to anyone who wants that because they did a very good job.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Olusegun and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Tim took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

AmeriSave knew me and we had past experience, and it was nice not having to deal with someone that I'd never dealt with before. I worked with Rosette and when I'd call her, she's very professional and she responds back quickly if I have a question. If she doesn't know it, she gets back to me and she keeps me updated on how the process was going.

I was getting all kinds of phone calls and emails about how the interest rates had dropped and my mortgage payment could be lowered, or we could change the interest rate on the mortgage loan. I got ahold of Rosette again regarding the mortgage loan. It turned out that, with the information that she was able to provide to me and I provided to her, we were able to determine that refinancing to a lower interest rate would be beneficial to me. Everything seemed to be locked in from the same way as the previous one that just followed through steps A through Z and we got things taken care of as fast as we could, and they were very helpful with it. I recommend AmeriSave Mortgage for any financing or refinancing.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Stephen and thank you so much for this great feedback! Thank you for allowing us to assist you again! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Rosette took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

I liked AmeriSave's computer setup and that the broker was very easy to work with. If I had a question, he was readily available. The only problem I had was at closing. When the woman came in, I signed all the paperwork, which was fine. That went smoothly. But when she faxed it over to the underwriter, the fax wasn't clear. I needed dental implants so I was coming very close to the surgery date. The rep took another day to send me the money from the refinance because he couldn't read the fax well enough. So, he called me and I had to run over to the dental office and I missed his call. Maybe AmeriSave can scan those documents in so they can be more easily read because it just about cost me my surgery’s time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good evening Colleen and thank you so much for this feedback. We are so sorry that the signing and funding didn't go as smoothly as intended. We will dig in and see what we can do to improve in those areas. We take feedback very seriously and use it to improve constantly. We love to hear about the experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Jaron took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information