4.72/5
Based on 322 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

2501 AmeriSave Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I went online and AmeriSave called, and their interest rates were comparable to most of the other places. The online application process was very simple but it was long. I had two pieces of property and one was a secondary home, so it was a little more difficult to get everything settled with that. But I was happy as long as the interest rates stayed what they originally told me, and they kept it there. My reps were Teresa and David, and they were fantastic. Teresa did really good work, but both of them were great. It was like talking to family. And they would call right back. The only thing I didn’t like was how much I had to pay for closing costs. That was a little bit more than what I expected, but other than that, everything was great. It was a very easy and harmonious experience.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I was financing our rental property and the product that AmeriSave Mortgage was offering was attractive to me in terms of interest rates and the different options that we did to structure the mortgage. Also, the person that I was dealing with, James, was pleasant to talk to. He was available to me at all hours. The application took a while but that was on our side because my husband and I needed to make some decisions on stuff. We started the process in November last year and we just closed recently.

I was satisfied with the service. However, it would have been helpful if I was given in an email a whole list of things to submit from the beginning and then, I'll just upload that. Because sometimes, things would come up in the middle of the process and that always delays things. And, not just a list but what exactly AmeriSave needs because there was an instance that I provided a document and it wasn't what they wanted. But generally, my experience was very pleasurable. AmeriSave will go out of their way to make the process convenient and comfortable for you. For example, our property is in North Carolina. I felt like we would need to go to a lawyer's office to sign off all the documents. But they had the notary come here to our house which I thought was quite unique because I haven't experienced that before.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I punched in some search online and AmeriSave was the first one to call me back. They had very good rates and the other guy I called couldn't really beat that or their closing cost. I applied for a refinance so they called me and I gave them my information. Then they double-checked my credit score to make sure that they'd give me that rate. I gave them one year's income and pretty much, one of their guys did everything with me right online. He caught me on a day I was sitting in my office and I was ready to do something. He walked me through the entire program step-by-step and it took about 30 minutes. I had a couple of questions back and forth before the closing and sent in more information that they needed. I was able to e-sign everything on the application. Then, they sent a notary over for the closing. Another gentleman took me through that and it was pretty seamless.

They emailed me the whole way through, let me know everything was good to go or whether they needed more information, and they were persistent on calling and making sure I was on top of whatever they needed which is what impressed me the most. The other guy I got a quote from was pushing off that AmeriSave had a terrible consumer report on them. He sent me all kinds of stuff on all the dissatisfied customers and on the customers who were happy with him. But I still went with AmeriSave because they were very persistent and more than helpful on getting the process done.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I did a refinance with Amerisave Mortgage and they were great. I did a 15 year program and the interest rates and terms were excellent. The online application process was quick and easy, and I just had to send in some paper work about my financial situation. The process took less than a month. I was very comfortable working with 2 loan officers. They answered any questions I had, talk me through it, and were always available.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I wanted to refinance then my wife's uncle said that he used AmeriSave and that his experience was very straightforward and easy. So I went online, plugged in my information, and someone from AmeriSave called me right away after that. Everything happened pretty quick and things went smoothly. Their application process was pretty simple and took me 30 minutes to do. And every time they needed something, Mike and the underwriter lady would ask me for it and I gave it to them. They didn't need much from me other than my application. If I called and left a message, they called me back. They also sent me emails and were very helpful. If I called and had a question, they were very nice and answered them for me. If they didn't know, they got back to me. Every time I called, they took care of my situation right away. The whole process took less than 30 days to finish.

The main reason why I did the refinance was to lose my mortgage insurance, and I did. So, my mortgage went down with losing the mortgage insurance down for 140 bucks. Later on, I was thinking that maybe I could have even gotten a lower interest rate from AmeriSave. But they dropped my interest rate a quarter percent, so that was good. Other than that, everything else went perfectly. I'm happy that I chose them and I would recommend them to somebody else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I went on to the LendingTree website and searched for mortgage interest rates. I was looking for the lowest rates and Amerisave was offering a very good low rate. The process was very, very smooth. Everything was online, which really helped. It worked out well. And they were very supportive with questions. They answered if I had any and kept telling me what I needed to do. It was mainly through email but once or twice, I talked to them on the phone. And they were very good in both. It took maybe half an hour when I first got with them till the ball started rolling. They were super responsive and I would highly recommend them. They seem very efficient and organized and gave me a great rate.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

This was the second time that I refinanced with AmeriSave. I went online and filled out an application, and they sent me a log-in to a portal and I e-signed any paperwork to them through the portal. It was about three weeks altogether which was fine. However, some things were unclear, like I wasn’t sure how long I wanted the refinance or exactly how much. They said I could change but I don’t feel like anybody ever brought anything up as far as what my final decision on this was. But the rep was very helpful. They wanted what was in my best interest as far as keeping me informed on when the rates were going to go up. I wanted to close but I have a tendency to take my time on things, and he sent me emails warning me that the rates were going to go up and they did. It was a good experience.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I was going to combine my line of credit and fix my loan to lower my interest rate, so I did two mortgages with AmeriSave. I had the guidance of Alexander and Shawanda, and they were excellent. As a first timer applying by phone, they were very helpful. The next loan was good too. But the person who was going to approve the loan was waiting for a lot of other things that maybe it could be somewhat easier, but it turned out to be harder, so it caused trouble. They were supposed to have all my documents, but they did my first for $636,000 very faster than $416,000. But still it was good.

Someone offered me a lower rate, but since I promised Alex that I would work with them, so I didn’t go for that. Also, I didn’t know the people that were offering me that, so I didn’t trust them, and I decided to stay with AmeriSave. They were very honest and helpful, and that’s very important to understand the people they are working with. They are also very friendly and wonderful. I love them, and I’m going to send a lot of customers to them for sure.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I went to Lendingtree.com and Amerisave was one of the first two people to call me. I talked to Chris and he was a good representative for AmeriSave. I asked for certain tips and bets from them and provided the paperwork that they had requested. The application process for the conventional loan was a little bit easier than I thought it would be and that was where Chris really helped me with uploading documents rather than mailing them and waiting for mail to process. I also worked with Glenn but he went on Christmas vacation and I got a substitute. And I didn’t have as good an experience with anybody as I did with Chris.

The biggest issue I had was the underwriters. I had retired during this process and that slowed down the process. I retired from 40 years in education and had a really good credit score but those underwriters were still requesting information about when I would be paid in my retirement. It was underwriter's pride. I started the process on November the 30th and we originally thought it would close on December the 30th but we closed January the 30th. In getting a mortgage, you have to do your research and make sure that you get the mortgage company that you really want.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

My son helped me with my renovation loan with AmeriSave. He did it all for me. The online application was a lot easier and we did it all at home. The underwriting process took a few days then we got our money. My son was really happy. We had a very good experience and I'd tell people to go with AmeriSave. They were lower on the interest.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Due to pressure from my real estate last year, when I was closing, I had to take a different lender because of a mess of mistakes that they made. And the lender that I chose charged me PMI, so I was trying to refinance to get out of the PMI. I Googled, "compare lenders" and on the LendingTree website, AmeriSave came out cheaper on the different criteria that I was looking at. And when I Googled their consumer feedback, I saw more positive reviews than with other places. So I applied with them.

I filled up the website forms then Brian over at AmeriSave called me. He ran my credit and got some personal information and details about the house. He gave me an offer that was way better than what I was getting, but it turned out that I gave him the wrong information on a few things. Then, he gave me an offer that was still substantially better than what I was getting but not excessively better. He passed me over to a lady named Nikki, the closer, and she was the one who organized getting the appraisal and getting the bank documents.

Then, the appraisal list came out, they verified the value of my house, and Brian re-evaluated the mortgage based off of the information on the appraisal. They gave me documents to sign then I had to give them my employment records and all the normal stuff. In three weeks, a notary came to my office and got me to fill out the paperwork. Then I got an email the other day saying that everything is complete. All in all, the whole process took two and a half to three and a half weeks at the most which was much shorter than the first time I did it.

There was one small thing that was annoying to me about my employment verification. Apparently, my company switched to some weird verification system last year where you needed an employee key to verify employment. AmeriSave didn't know what my employer was asking for, so they explained it to me wrong. I called my HR department about it and they didn't know what I was talking about. Then AmeriSave called me back and asked for the status but I told them that I had no idea what they were talking about and it was really stressful trying to figure out what was going on.

Eventually, they called me back and gave me the correct number to call. When I called that number, they gave me some generic information to find my key. Basically, it was just my last name and a portion of my Social Security number. That was something that AmeriSave could have done better. If they called the number on my behalf, they would have been able to figure it out. But it was my employer that caused the whole employment verification thing and I'm annoyed with them more so than I am with AmeriSave. Everything else went pretty good.

The first time I talked to Brian, he was very enthusiastic and I could tell from the way that he answered my questions that he understood exactly what he was talking about and he has done it a million times. It felt very fluid and he told me when it was something that he could do or couldn't do instead of saying he'd call me back or suggest something else. So I didn't feel like I was getting jerked around like with a couple of other companies that I called. He was very cautiously giving me the worst-case-scenario and I always felt like I knew what were the worst things that could happen and that never happened. So, it gave me confidence that they were doing exactly what they should be doing the whole time.

Both Brian and Nikki Tran were very comforting. Nikki was very good at pushing things along and wasn't afraid to call me when I needed things. When a document was needed, she didn't just email me and wait for me to respond. She would check in and would call me to let me know what she was looking for. So, I appreciated their enthusiasm. I'm very satisfied with my experience. They were professional all the way through and I didn't feel pressured or confused. It was also nice to know that they made sure I wasn't in the dark about things.

If you have plans of refinancing or doing a mortgage, go with AmeriSave. I got a friend right now who is looking to buy a house and I recommended AmeriSave to him. It was unfortunate that he has a buddy who works for a brokerage firm already, but I told him he might want to check AmeriSave and see if they can provide different numbers.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I applied on LendingTree and then I was contacted by Brian from AmeriSave who walked me through the rates. I shopped around for a little bit making sure that that was the best rate I could get and then called him back and locked this loan. And then, everything else was done through their processes, uploading documents into their web portal and e-signing everything up to the final loan documents. The process was painless. All I had to do was gather what few documents they needed and they took care of everything else. They were the best rates out there that I could get, so I'm happy I got a 20-year instead of a 30-year term. The only thing I would ask is how to check my running mortgage balance or set up a payment.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I was looking online and I might have looked at Lending Tree and put in my email address and phone number there. People started calling me and one of them sent me via email the contact information of Amerisave Mortgage, and so I decided to go with Amerisave. Once I decided to use Amerisave, I told them what kind of loan I wanted and they put the loan process in motion and set up the appraisal. From that point, I got some insurance stuff taken care of, but I didn’t have to do much. Amerisave got the ball rolling and sent me documents that I had to look over. They sent all these documents digitally and I was able to find them on my phone. I pulled these up on my phone, which I had on speaker mode, and the woman loan officer walked me through the documents as I went over them.

Overall, getting through the loan process was easy. I was very satisfied because, in the last couple of times that I've done this, the lending process was painful. With Amerisave, I had the appraisal within a week. Along the way, I was getting things from them and I had to review some documents on their website and sign something, and there were things that I did off and on for two or three weeks, but these were easy to do and didn’t take long. The reps that I worked with were very helpful, super easy to work with, and they were good about getting back to me. They also seemed good at what they did and knowledgeable, so that was good.

Obviously, I would've liked to have gotten a 0% interest rate, but aside from that, they gave me what I wanted and, other than somehow figuring out how to give me a low interest rate, I couldn't ask for anything else. I had a wonderful experience with Amerisave. I would send people their way and, actually, I've already tried to do this. The only thing that I'm curious about now is I've received an email about their selling the loan to another company and I've not received a bill.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

AmeriSave Mortgage has no hidden fees. You can go online and look at all the numbers and the rates and closing cost and everything is playing out as it was supposed to. I've used them in the past and I was buying a new house and I called their number and told the guy what I was looking for and they sent me all the rights and then we just went forward from there.

I used them the first time because of the online process and that you can pull out various charts where there's a bunch of different insurance rates and the different closing cost. You can do it outside of work hours which is helpful. Their rep was very quick on getting back to me with answers through emails and phone calls. The only loose ends that I was confused on is now that we're actually coming to pay the first check I wasn’t sure how to pay the mortgage. I would like to do it online but there's a little bit of figuring out what the next steps are. You pay the first one by check and then the loan will get sold and then you'll be paying someone else.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I wanted to get a lower rate so I refinanced and Amerisave had the most competitive rate. I went with a 15-year fixed loan program. Their rates are pretty good considering that the rates have picked up three times in the last three weeks. It could have been better if I refinanced maybe two years ago. But it is what it is. The online application process was very easy. Amerisave's prompt responses helped me closed my loan. Someone always picked up when I called. And when it was an answering machine, I got a call back within an hour. I also got responses from emails fairly promptly. The website is clean so all the information is there. Our rep, David, was very responsive and accurate and succinct with his responses. He was so direct. I ask him a question, he responds. He doesn’t give me a full story. He only tells me what I need, and he supports it with website links so I could read for myself.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks for the feedback, Maria! We're glad we could help!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I went online and pulled up places to refinance my house, then a very nice representative of AmeriSave called me back and we went from there. He was honest with me, told me what was going to happen, how much the mortgage was, and never lied to me about one thing. The longer I talked with him, the more I liked him. He was a very friendly guy, we got along with each other, and we agreed on different things. I was very comfortable and I enjoyed working with him. It was great that he dealt with me like he did and I didn't have any confusion. I have done anything he asked me to do and everything has worked right out like clockwork.

While I didn't like doing the mortgage process online, it was the easier way to do their work. I'm an older person and I’m used to going to the bank and letting them do all the work. The application and underwriting process took about 4 weeks and everything couldn't work any smoother. They've done it the way they said they said they were going to do it. The rates and terms of the mortgage were very good and I had a 7% loan I got rid of. Everything was how I want it to be. AmeriSave is unlike some people who think all about the money and how much they're going to make off of us.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks for the review Lloyd! We're grateful for your business.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I've used Amerisave Mortgage in the past and it was seamless and simple. I wanted to refinance and I went with them again. The process has been much better than the last time and it's painless, more streamlined, and simpler to get docs in. It's straightforward and not a very challenging process. They asked for what they needed and I submitted it. We didn't have any issues along the way and we helped each other in that aspect. Everything was done electronically and the notary was sent out at the end and finalized all the docs. Also, Amerisave's rate is better than most. They helped me and I'm comfortable with them.

But I had one horror experience with them when they had some computer glitch. To take a different rate, there was a way to get cashback. And that cashback rate changed significantly. It was about a 35% difference and that was a negative aspect of it. They didn't tell me about it and I was the one who found it. I run a business, too, and I understand that mistakes happen. I would warn people about situations like that but I still would recommend Amerisave.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I thought rates were lower than when I originally took out the mortgage and I thought I can do better, so I decided to get a mortgage. I used a service wherein it puts your information out there to a lot of different providers. As soon as I hit the Submit button, the individual from AmeriSave called me right away. I got a 20-year fixed loan program. I gave her the information she was looking for and she sent that out to the underwriter. They’ve reviewed it. The underwriter got back to me, provided some more documentation and they sent it out to someone to go through the docs and all the signatures. The nice thing about it is I didn’t feel like it was very involved. It was very easy, straightforward and efficient. There wasn’t a lot I had to do on my part so that certainly appealed to me.

Also, their rate seems competitive. Although I didn’t spend a lot of time researching that. I took the individual’s word for it as she seemed sincere. I guess I could have spent more time researching whether that was in fact the lowest rate out there, but I felt like with as straightforward and easy as the process was, I wasn’t going to split hairs over a few points here and there. And so far, I haven’t seen anything come in in terms of mortgage payments, who I’m sending it, where I’m going to send, sending it, and the timing on sending it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

"Easy, straightforward and efficient," that's what we love to hear from our borrowers! Thanks for the review, Joshua!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I was buying an investment home, and I got a regular 30 years investment loan from AmeriSave Mortgage. I did seven loans with them. They had my files, so I keep it the same. Their online application process was very transparent. Everything was up-to-date and there were no back and forth questions. It was clear and displayed on the screen so I knew exactly what I needed to submit and when I needed to submit it. Everything was processed through uploading the documents. So, the whole transaction was smooth and easy.

AmeriSave's customer service team was good and straightforward, and I was most impressed with their knowledge. However, they missed a couple of days on the closing dates, which was not their fault and probably was the third-party’s. But other than that, their rate and the terms were good. AmeriSave should keep doing what they’re doing.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks for the review Huy! Glad you found our services smooth and easy! We appreciate the feedback.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I bought a new home and needed mortgage. I used AmeriSave before and I got a conventional loan from them. The rate in terms of the mortgage is fair. The price is good. I like the online application process very much. I recommended it to my realtor, so he could use AmeriSave. I just got online, talked to their processor, then they checked my credit score. I then uploaded all the files, and sent them. I got approved within eight days, so it’s really quick. Customer service was excellent, too. When you send emails, they respond within five minutes. The processor, officer, estimator, and underwriter are very fast. Everything went smooth.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Congrats on the new home, Huan. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

AmeriSave Mortgage returned my call first and I liked the way the rep handled herself. Plus the rate worked out for me. Everybody was fine and the process went well. They did me right and I'd tell others to give them a call.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks for the review, Timothy!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I was refinancing and Amerisave were the first ones to call me. I talked to Aaron and he seemed pretty nice and knowledgeable so I decided to go with them. I got a fixed program for 25 years and it was a pretty quick process and everything was done online. I talked to Amerisave during the loan process, emailed them, they emailed me back. Everything seemed to go pretty well, so I’m happy with them. My rep was quick, prompt, and knowledgeable and the terms of my mortgage was fair.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

For health reasons, I had to relocate to the West Coast and that meant leaving an apartment and buying a house for the first time. I did a lot of research online and AmeriSave was the one that worked the best because I was very comfortable with them. They took me through hoops, but I knew they had my best interest in mind.

Sometimes their application process appeared to be a little nitpicky which made it harder for me. For example, if they need to know that I had a certain amount of money in my account, they wanted me to submit a document but I had to do it by print-screen to facilitate the process quickly. My account number was on the page but all banks, for the consumers’ safety, don’t put names at the top of the page. If I go back to the main screen and print something that had my name on it with the same account number, AmeriSave should be able to put those two together and say that that confirmed that said money was in this account. But they didn't and still insisted on getting the information in the form that they wanted it.

If they could see two documents and match the numbers, why give the person who was applying for the mortgage all the grief of still supplying the document that they wanted? It’s hard for the applicants to get that, especially if they couldn't get out and get to a bank in person to ask the banker to help them to get a document. Little things like that make AmeriSave's process a little less pleasant and it was very stressful for me. I had to give them the same information over and over again. There should be an improvement on that, if not on AmeriSave's part, on their underwriters', and they should work together.

Other than that, I liked both of the reps I worked with, Dallas and Jordan. They seemed to work well together and if I couldn’t explain something to one, I could explain to the other, then they would talk to each other to get things straight to help me. In addition to that, I really liked the real estate agent that they recommended. She was outstanding and over the top. The rate that I got from them was also the best one for me. They were honest enough to tell me how to get it and helped me to problem solve in an area that I didn’t have that expertise. I’ve talked to my friends about AmeriSave with one caveat. I told them that AmeriSave's process would seem stressful and unnecessary, but at the end, it'd be worth it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate your feedback, Angela. Thank you for the review.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I had a couple of properties I wanted to refinance. I looked into LendingTree, and then AmeriSave was one of the first who called me. They had better rates. It was what I was looking to do. They also had better overall - closing calls, etc. I went with two different loans with them, one was a 16-year, fixed rate loan and then a 20-year, fixed rate loan on an investment property.

The process was pretty simplistic. The first part was me reaching out to LendingTree, and then AmeriSave called me and I talked to Brandon. He led me through the process, and a lot of it was internet-based. It was kind of a check box, “skip this item, get this item” type of thing. Then once I had all my proof of income, it was about what the property was, and getting an appraisal done and seeing what the value of the house was, and then going over rates. The appraisal kind of controls the rate one is going to get, and I got a good rate. I got to choose what rate I wanted depending on what the closing cost was going to be. So, I could have paid more in closing if I wanted a better rate, and then I could have paid less in closing, and had a benefit if I chose a rate that was a little bit worse.

I am very impressed with the lending process, but I don’t like the after. I don’t like the sell-off. I don't like that I got to go to another bank, to another bank, to another bank. I closed on December 16th, and AmeriSave sold my mortgage off to AmeriHome. The biggest thing is, if you're not paying attention, you’re just kind of letting the payment draft, and then you don’t pay attention to this new mortgage company saying “Hey, you got to pay me”, and then you’re a month or two behind on payments. I just got a notification yesterday that my mortgage had been sold off. But I don’t have an account number with a new place. I don’t have any way to set up anything with making new payment arrangements yet, because they haven’t sent me a loan number or anything like that. I’d rather be sold off to Bank of America or Wells Fargo or Chase Bank or something bigger than these smaller servicing companies.

I still chose AmeriSave because I knew this was probably going to happen. Competitors actually uses this against AmeriSave as a sales tactic - “They may be cheaper, but you’re going to get sold off. With us you’re going to be able to stay. We’re going to hold your mortgage.” I could have gone somewhere else, like Quicken Loans. Quicken Loans was going to keep me, and I was going to have a solid mortgage service, so I didn’t have to worry about changing or changing where my payment goes. However, they were not saving me any money. Just because I was getting sold off, that didn't affect me beyond paperwork, so I wasn’t going to let that discourage me from going with AmeriSave versus Quicken Loans or another lending company.

It was a good experience with AmeriSave. Brandon and Megan were very attentive, on the spot, and reachable. They were personable and tried to get the best deal for me. They never pressured me to get things done. Megan was straightforward and told me what I needed to get. If I called her phone and had a question and she couldn’t answer it, she got the answer. I was impressed, and I will continue to do business with AmeriSave. I actually called Brandon yesterday about getting another mortgage.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Great work Brandon and Megan! Thanks for the honest feedback, Chris! We appreciate your business.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I used AmeriSave before when I did a refinance. It was a pretty smooth process and they had better rates. I used them again for a standard 25-year loan when I was buying a new house. I reached out to them and Rebecca, the rep I worked with before, came back. I explained to her what I needed and we went from there. It was easy to get the documents that was needed to them through their online application process. It was also easy to see what I was missing and keep track of what I needed to provide. I was originally going to be looking at a lower percentage, but the point to buy seemed extremely high at the time. So, I was surprised about how expensive the points were. But I probably wouldn't necessarily stick in this 25-year mortgage that long.

Other than that, I had a problem with the appraiser that they sent in. He wasn’t very satisfactory and delayed things for a week or so. That was the low point of it all. But Rebecca did as much as she could to help move things along and she stayed on top of things after hours. I started this at Thanksgiving holidays and I was traveling a lot. She let me know when she was going to be available, and that she would still be keeping an eye on things. So, I felt like it wasn’t the type of thing where it was on 8:00 to 5:00, and if something came up after that or over the weekend, there wouldn’t be any response. I felt like she was there to help make sure it got done. She was very responsive, too. Any questions I had, she could come back in, and talk about it. I recommend that people check them out.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate your repeat business, Mara. Thanks for the review!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I needed to refinance and consolidate my loans. Amerisave Mortgage was pretty competitive in terms of rates and the closing cost was less. They had numerous options and you decide yourself how much you want to pay like if you want to pay a closing cost or go for a lower rate but more pay upfront or high rates and no closing cost. So, having multiple options is a good thing.

I interacted with two reps, Nicky and Christina and both of them were wonderful, personal and it was a good communication which I like. Christina first took care of the initiation of the process. She guided me and had enough time to spend with me on the phone to submit the application and then followed up the stuff which was necessary to submit. It was a pleasant experience. There was a little bit of miscommunication about two items because I was away for a few days and then they kept asking about some additional things. I wish I had known that in advance before leaving. But at the end of the day, it wasn't a big deal. This was the best experience so far. They have a good customer care and it ended up being a very efficient process.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Nicky and Christina are awesome! Thanks for the review, Oleg!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

From enrollment to approval, that took me a week with AmeriSave. I did it online and the site was pretty easy to use, straightforward and I just put in the information. A friend of mine went through them and I used them for my first home purchase too. I worked with Nathaniel and he did a really good job. He reached out several times and walked me through the process. But a couple of days ago, I received a notification that my loan was transferred from AmeriSave to another lender, Wells Fargo, and that seemed a little off to me. I haven’t even made my first house payment to AmeriSave. Other than that, I’m happy with my rate and terms. I got the best rate compared to a lot of other lenders.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

Amerisave offered a reasonable interest rate and everything was created via online and then electronically. It was excellent. Somebody called or emailed me if it was necessary. And they usually email me back within 24 hours. The closing cost was reasonably low and it was lower than the local providers. Amerisave was wonderful and very efficient.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thanks for the review, Junsoo!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

Allan from Amerisave was the first person to call me back after I did the LendingTree application. He did it within probably less than 10 minutes. First impression is very useful and that was what really started the positive process out - the confident voice at the other end saying what they've got and that they could beat what I've got. The quick call was great and Allan spent the next two days with me, making sure I had submitted all the required paperwork. He was very responsive. I didn't wait more than 15 minutes for an email response or phone call reply. If ever it might have been an hour but that was very good. He did a fantastic job.

My LendingTree application was an insurance that I was getting the best deal possible. If I run aside six people and they're all saying about the same thing within a few hundred dollars and need some of the percentage point, then that's what the market is. But Amerisave blew me out of the water so much so that I thought it was bait and switch because it was three quarters of a point less in rate and fees than anything I'd seen out there. So, I wasn't confident initially that it was going to happen, but the number that they offered ended up being exactly what I closed on, and I was very impressed with Amerisave Mortgage.

The process with Amerisave wasn't quite as good as Quicken Mortgage where I had everything done on an iPhone in 30 minutes, but it was a close second. I had to fax or email one or two documents and the rest of it were things that I could find on my phone or iPad. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't painful on the paperwork process either.

Quicken could have done it in about 12 days and it ended up about 17 days with Amerisave. I had to wait to sign documents and all that stuff, but it was pretty good. Originally they said it could be three weeks to a little over a month but it ended up being just over two weeks, so I was impressed with that. What made me worry one time during the process was after I had submitted everything, I did not have a confident time frame when the underwriters would be back with me with the loan approval. At one-point when I asked, they said it could take 7 to 10 days for the IRS to respond and that was when I thought it was going to be a slow process. Giving more information of that stage in the game would be useful. But it only took less than 24 hours from the time I submitted everything saying I was approved which was really cool, and Amerisave ended up taking two and a half days which was also cool.

I like to get a response back that is acceptable and that happened with Amerisave so I am impressed with that. Allan had all the answers. He is a licensed mortgage broker which was a plus. He put up with me because I questioned the process a couple of times like there was no way it was too good of a deal. He tolerated that and was very friendly. I was asking questions that were probably disrespectful but he put me at ease that they were really cheaper and it was not bait and switch. The next guy who was coordinating with me through closing did a great job, too. Everyone was very friendly in the closing department. The process ended up going very well. It was great from start to finish. What Amerisave offered and what they delivered were exactly the same all along the way. It closed in the time frame and that was really confident and inspiring.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I had a mortgage from Amerisave a year ago and I got an adjustable rate. I went to a lesser amount. I called out Quicken Loans, and they gave me a monthly payment. Then I called AmeriSave, and they gave me a lesser payment. I went with a two-year fixed program with them. I got a 30-year mortgage and I dropped $100 a month in payments. The rate could be better maybe, but it is what it is.

However, the process was aggravating because I had to get copies of my bank statements, a copy of the declaration of insurance, etc. But Amerisave made the online application easy for me. I’ve done it a few times, and it’s great. Nikki was the biggest help. I’m going to skip paying, but I got to make a payment to Amerisave on February 1st. She gave me all the information I needed to do that. She had an answer to our questions. If she didn’t have the answer, she got it really fast. The guy whom I did this loan with was really good, too. Between him and Nikki, they made it easy. I’m happy with Amerisave, and I’d recommend them to anybody.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information

www.amerisave.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use