3.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2813 AmeriSave Mortgage Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We needed to fund a home purchase and we got a 30-year conventional loan with AmeriSave Mortgage. At the time, they appeared to be a decent company. You gotta be financially able to have a mortgage, have funds, have a decent credit score, and provide all the documentation necessary in order to back those findings. The whole application and underwriting process took about 20-some odd days. The online application was expedited, but it could use a lot of work as far as being notified when something is due or when something is not due. The only communication is online instead of with a person and I think that hurts the business of AmeriSave. The initial person that we spoke to when we were getting started was very professional and very helpful. She handled her business and took care of everything.

However, it was kind of discerning when you switch to another person throughout the loan process. That person doesn’t have a relationship or rapport built with you and sometimes, those people kinda hurt the business of AmeriSave because they haven’t built that rapport. They’re starting from step eight instead of getting to know the person that they’re dealing with, and I don’t think that it is beneficial. Also, another thing with the online process is my loan was turned over to Wells Fargo four days ago, but no one notified me.

This again would speak of someone being professional enough to call you and have that courtesy to notify you. I just happened to log into my online account to pay my house loan early and realized that it had been turned over, not to anyone with AmeriSave, but to a whole different company. There was no forewarning about that. It just happened and had I not been on my due diligence, I wouldn’t have known and would have mailed a check or paid the wrong person. My experience with AmeriSave was horrible and I wouldn’t recommend AmeriSave to anyone ever again including myself, except for the relationship and the professionalism of Jordan, the loan consultant. It has been very disheartening and I have nothing great to say about AmeriSave.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I had been with LendingTree many years ago, and I felt really comfortable with them. And since AmeriSave is linked with LendingTree, I felt comfortable with them also. I hated to refinance my home as the first rep talked to me, I was impressed with his time, courtesy and patience. He quickly explained to me about something that I didn't understand and was uncomfortable with.

The application process was easy which, along with the underwriting process, took about three weeks. However, the interest rate was high and was not good. I was at 4.75 and it was 4.85 so it was a bit discouraging. And then, I realized that the way that I could get the mortgage down was to stretch the terms out. At first, I had it financed down to 20 years but I ended up with 30 years.

Then, the lawyer that came told me a lot of the nuggets. I knew I could always pay on the principal but I never did it. So he showed me where I could send some money for the principal’s when I pay the monthly rate which could bring the principal back down and make me feel a bit more comfortable. Overall, AmeriSave is very professional and patient. They know the business and they are there to help.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I had a first and second mortgage, and my second one was a home equity line, so I was gonna combine those and refinance. I talked to three or four different companies and Amerisave was the one I wanted to deal with. I liked what they had to offer so I stuck with them. The application was not too bad and we did it all online because there was no local office. They emailed it to us then, we signed everything and sent it back. It took five days and it wasn’t as good or easy as sitting there and writing it down but it wasn’t too much trouble. Everything came to the house and it worked out fine.

Joe, the rep, was honest and told me he has not been doing it long but the way that he carried himself and used his words made me feel comfortable in doing business with him. I was satisfied with the rate that I got and we locked in quickly. I got the amount I wanted for the number of years. It was great. The experience was smooth and the people that I worked with were very knowledgeable in their jobs, and it made it so much easier for me to do what I had to do.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We were moving to a new house and AmeriSave gave us good rates for a mortgage. They had a good process where the application and the underwriting took three weeks. Our loan officer did a good job and I liked that he did it quick. I was also happy with the rates and terms of our mortgage.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I would like to compliment AmeriSave for their support throughout my Home Loan Process. The caliber of Ben and Chris was second to none. Top Notch all the way through the Loan Process. Professional, Friendly and always were available to me for maneuvering through the Loan Process! I take my Hat Off to AmeriSave and Ben and Chris for a job well done! Thanks to the AmeriSave Team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We were looking at interest rates potentially going up and figured it was a good time to consolidate debt. There was also something going on with my work. We went online to see the different mortgages and compare them against each other as far as what the cost was on the mortgage and the upfront cost. We did a refi with AmeriSave Mortgage. The application process was easy overall, and the notary came out after a few days to sign documents.

AmeriSave's rate was competitive against everybody else. It saved us some money over what Quicken Loans was trying to put together for us. I also didn't like the way they were doing business. Being able to refinance made the monthlies a little bit easier to manage. It was something that we wanted to do and AmeriSave was able to get it done for us in a timely and professional manner. And it seemed transparent, so I was appreciative of that. AmeriSave worked out good for us. I'd recommend taking a look at what they have to offer compared to Quicken Loans.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

We started a loan process with another firm and quickly, our cost and the terms were changing after we have had the appraisal, started the process and committed. I sent them everything that they needed, but still, everything was in flux, the numbers were changing and nothing was locked. I didn’t have a good feeling with that firm. We went to LendingTree and I started to shop again. And then I got Lori from Amerisave Mortgage on the phone on a Sunday and she talked me through everything. She quoted me some rates and ultimately, I had a good feeling about her, then we ended up restarting that whole process with her. She helped us get something that we felt more comfortable with. It was less than 30 days that I wanted to close, AmeriSave got right on it and they helped me close on time.

My husband and I just made our first mortgage payment this month. We looked at the statement and the allocation of funds and we noticed that very little was going to the mortgage and four times as much as we are paying in interest was paid on our principal. We were not that thrilled about that so we had a conversation about paying more the principal and trying to refinance that loan in the next year or two. But Lori and Niki, the woman who took in all the documents and facilitated that process were both great. They were very helpful in getting things done. Overall, it was a great experience. I would recommend Amerisave Mortgage to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I did a lending application for a new home and AmeriSave was the first one to contact me. I also liked the guy that I talked to and the online application process was easy. However, the application and underwriting took about 7 weeks. With some of the new laws, we had some issues getting our loan. There were some issues with underwriting because mine wasn't the cleanest in the world. There was also a little bit of disconnect between underwriting and the loan officers that I visit and spent my time talking to. It seemed the loan officers were held hostage by the underwriters at times, but they did a good job.

My lending agent, Allan, really kept the underwriters on top of things and worked hard to get me my loan. I changed jobs and I'm a school teacher so I moved to a new city, and he understood the fact that sometimes one takes a job that doesn't get paid as much. My salary decreased and that was part of the issue with getting the new loan. Other than that, the rate and the terms of the mortgage were fine.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I was looking to get a house and I went through Lending Tree. I got a call from Amerisave and gave them the information that they needed. They got back to me within a couple of days and they told me I was preapproved. They were really responsive and quick. When I found a house, I gave them the information for the underwriting, and everything was pretty clean and simple. We did everything on the phone, and I like the online application process. I was very comfortable with the people I worked with at Amerisave. They would answer my questions right on the spot. It took two weeks to get everything together, but it only took a couple of minutes each time I had to submit something. Amerisave got me a house and working with them took away a lot of the stress of getting it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

The first company I called started but the rep wouldn't call me back. AmeriSave was the second lender I called and their rep was always there. One time I could not get a hold of him, but he emailed me and I got the information I needed. I’ve refinanced a couple of houses but I’d never done it at home on the phone, so that was awesome. The process took 15 days at the most, and most of it was through email. It was quicker than ever, though you need some time to think about all of it. It was very understandable and easy.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

AmeriSave was easy to work with. The representative I dealt with was very good, very personable and answered all my questions very quickly. Applying for a refinance was easy and their rate and terms were fine.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I got a 30 year fix loan from Amerisave. The rates were competitive, low interest rates. The initial steps of getting a mortgage were easy. Once it went from the initial person to the underwriter, things got a little more drawn-out. The first person I spoke to who set everything up was very accommodating. And then once my files reached underwriting, I spoke to some people who weren’t as friendly and as cooperative. The process took a month and a half from the time I contacted them to when the approval went out. With that experience, I would recommend betting out other loan agencies.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Amerisave's online application process was easy. The process took about 30 days from start to finish. Daniel was our rep and he was very attentive. He called and checked up on our status several times. He was able to do that without seeming like he was being pushy or invading our privacy. Overall, I was satisfied with the rate I got from the company and I've referred others to them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

I chose the lowest rate I got and I liked what AmeriSave gave me, so I went with them. Their loan process was easy and was completed quickly in about two and a half weeks. The first guy I worked with was really helpful and the second guy was all right but I didn't really interact with him. Other than that, I was very satisfied with their service and I was on the same page with them. I understood what they were doing and the process was on track.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

From my first contact with the loan originator Dan to my introduction to Ben the loan processor I was treated like Ben and Dan were on my team with my best interests the most important factors with the loan. We had lots of requirements and paperwork that had to be submitted but Ben handled all the steps like a pro and Dan was always there to follow up if needed. I really felt that Ben made this loan his top priority even though I'm sure he had lots of loans working. I would recommend Amerisave to anyone that asks me, they took the stress out of a stressful event. They tailored my loan to what I felt was comfortable for my family, I felt that they weren't just skilled professional businessmen. Very down to earth and real. We developed a friendly relationship. In closing I felt that both of these gentlemen made my loan possible and at a fair deal for us. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I wanted to buy a place to live and took a mortgage with AmeriSave Mortgage. I had some other lenders that wouldn't qualify me because my brother is in the loan. AmeriSave fit my needs and their structure was better. My credit score was somewhere in the neighborhood of 400-760 and I expected a better rate but I didn't get it. I bought the property 10 years ago and I was surprised that the process was different. But it was smooth and easy to understand. It was easy to click on all the documents and when I signed something, it was electronic too. However, they should be more transparent.

The process took about 27 days and we closed three days late. If you're doing a lot of things and have many clients, it's really hard to stay on top of things. In my case, I'm the only person so when I send something, I need them to reply within five hours. If they don't reply, I would get upset because I'm trying to rush things and get things done. Louie and Stephen were both good though.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I read a lot of reviews and checked how the lending process goes and it was a good experience to work with AmeriSave. The online process was quick and easy during the application. However, they do a lot of communication about some important document through e-mail and sometimes I don’t check my email. So I wasted about a couple days to reply back. They have to give me a call and I can get it done faster. But overall the 30 days that it took is still a pretty good deal. I worked with Corey, who was super nice and keeps a lot of effort to guide me through the process. I felt very comfortable with him. They have great customer service. The rate and the terms is not that impressive but it’s enough for me to say good. I would recommend to give Amerisave a try.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

AmeriSave was the nicest lender that we came across with and the guy we worked with was very easy to talk to. We refinanced with them and their online application process was extremely easy. It took between two and three weeks from the day that I talked to the first person to the day that we went to closing. Also, our loan officer was very kind and receptive when it was a good time to call us. My husband would get home from work late and our loan officer told us that if we called him late, we shouldn't worry about calling him at home. He made the process very simple and I was very comfortable working with him.

As for the mortgage terms we got, I would have liked a rate that was little bit lower and I thought we could get more of it. But we didn't want to pay for the points to bring it down. Other than that, everything else was fine and the process was very painless. I'd tell my friends to go ahead with AmeriSave if they could get the right interest rate they want.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I switched to AmeriSave Mortgage when I wasn’t happy with another company's service. I liked the feedback that AmeriSave had on their website and their reps were very communicative, responsive and knew what they were doing. Some of the application process was online and some over the phone, and the documents were self-explanatory. The mortgage was the average market rate so it was good. I’m very happy with AmeriSave's service. I have started referring people to them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was researching for a mortgage and my credit provider didn’t give me a good interest rate, so I went online and I came across AmeriSave. The enrollment was very easy and the application and underwriting process was pretty quick which took about three weeks to complete. The reps I worked with were good, too, and they called me back. But I had to pursue one of them for one or two times to find out what was going on. Then the person that was doing the financing was pretty good. He kept calling me, checking on me, and making sure I got the emails. Also, the terms of the mortgage they gave me were competitive and reasonable. I got a cash out refinance with them and overall, if you have a very good credit score and a good income that can be shown, AmeriSave has a straightforward process. But my first payment wasn’t for Amerisave Mortgage. Immediately, my loan was stolen, so I’m now with Citibank.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

AmeriSave was a recommendation by Credit Karma and I used them for a refinance. During the online application process, I didn’t have to wait for anything ‘cause I got back everything they asked for within an hour or sooner. It was very good and smooth. Also, their people were amazing and everybody, all the way down to the underwriter, were very professional. The 2 representatives who worked with me were great and they were like well-oiled machines. They were very nice and hands-on. I dealt most of the time with Aaron and his ability to keep me updated and tell what was going on was impressive. Then every Friday, Brett would call and leave a message, “Have a great weekend. We just want to say thank you for using AmeriSave.”

AmeriSave's rate and terms of the mortgage were a little bit higher than probably I would have paid, but that was okay. My ex-husband’s in the banking business and AmeriSave did a better deal than his bank could do. While my mortgage has already been sold and I’m not with AmeriSave anymore, I was very impressed with them. You should check with AmeriSave if you're looking into refinancing.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I was looking at getting a mortgage for debt consolidation and the lady I talked to over the phone from AmeriSave Mortgage was very nice. Getting the mortgage was very quick and easy. The application and underwriting process didn't take very long at all and everything went so well. Plus, the rate that I got was fair. I would recommend AmeriSave and people should try them.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I bought a new house and since AmeriSave was real good when I used them in my last home, I thought I'd try them again. I got the process going and it was very simple. The reps were very professional. The rate was a little higher than what I wanted, but it was comparable. I was able to close in under 30 days, and the underwriting was set and ready to close in a week and a half before closing.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I went back to AmeriSave after the first time I used them and everything went better. I was looking into a mortgage for consolidation. The process took two weeks and was simple. I didn't have to talk to a lot of people, which was good, and I liked the people who were assigned to my loan. I was impressed with the smoothness of the whole thing. The rate was also comparable with anything else out there.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I got something in the mail from AmeriSave and when I talked with their rep, he was good at what he does. He was able to get me into a different type of loan and I ended up getting a refinance with them. They made the application process very easy from the beginning to end. Working with the website, being able to upload documents, and the person who came out to my house to do the last bid were all great. The application and underwriting took a little over a month to complete and the rate and terms of the mortgage they gave me were not bad. They were comparable to what was out there. Also, the loan officer I worked with was very knowledgeable, quick, and timely. Overall, AmeriSave's process was pretty painless.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

AmeriSave had the best rate and was easy to work with. I had to do the application process online. I’ve never done it before but their reps taught me how to do it. They had us register, sign stuff, and initial things, so it was interesting. At first, I was a little bit apprehensive but it worked out well. Their reps were good and it was easy to talk to them. They didn’t make it too difficult for me to deal with the stuff. Also, the rate was not bad. AmeriSave should keep doing what they’re doing. People should get a mortgage and a refinance from AmeriSave.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I’ve had considerable experience with mortgage lenders because I was a landlord for many years, having bought and sold a lot of properties. I have moved a lot. I used AmeriSave seven or eight years ago and it went very well, so I used them a second time about three years ago. And then I used them again because they made the experience a lot easier. They were a lot more respectful of the fact that I have a credit rating of over 800. My credit rating is 826 last time I looked. That didn’t seem to matter to a lot of mortgage companies that I’ve used. They didn’t believe anything I said. They made me prove everything and made me write long letters. On the other hand, Amerisave looked at my overall record and not the money I’ve got in the bank, and they made everything way easier all three times.

For all three times I used them, all the reps I have spoken to all seemed top-notch and the application and underwriting process took two weeks. They were always very prompt. They let me know what has been received, what documents you owe them and they made it easy to upload everything. I like how AmeriSave Mortgage's website works and their rates and the terms were competitive.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I previously worked with AmeriSave and I was happy with the services. So when I needed to buy a house, I chose to use them again. They sent me the steps. The house had to get appraised, we had to get the financing lined up, I had to get my bank statements and had to show proof income. I like the fact that the loan is not negotiable. I also like the fact AmeriSave is a one-stop shop with the best rate and we don’t have to go through a car sales routine to try to get the best price without them gouging me. We did the whole application and underwriting process in less than a month. It was very fast. There were a few things that were already in place that we had, which made things move faster. We were able to move the date up pretty quick and it went really well.

AmeriSave does a great job of laying out the rates and allowing us to pick the rates, and that makes things a lot clearer to people who don’t understand the whole process. I could’ve just brought the rates down or let the rate go up, depending on whatever I wanted the rate to be. I worked with two people in AmeriSave. The first guy was more about getting the paperwork for the purchase together, while the second guy was more about getting the financing approved. I really like the first guy. He was amazing. But the second guy was not as good as the first guy. He was less outgoing. But at the end of the day, he gave me all the answers I needed and took care of everything. That was the most important part. I would use AmeriSave again if I bought another house.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I wanted to refinance and I chose to go with AmeriSave because of the rates. Obtaining the mortgage was fast and easy and the application and underwriting process took around over a month and it was simple to do online. But as soon as the mortgage deal was done, I was notified a week later that somebody else was servicing the loan. They sold the loan to PHE Mortgage whom I never heard of and they’re servicing alone so I really don’t know much about them. AmeriSave is a good company to go with, but they most likely will not service the loan. I wish they could handle the loan more versus transferring it to somebody once it was all set and done. But the rest of my experience with them was pretty good.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

A couple of years ago, I used AmeriSave for a refinance. They were very accommodating then and they met my needs. Then I needed to pay off a few credit card bills and I reached back out for the loan processor that assisted me in the last one. She was very helpful and understanding. She knew my past history so it made things a little bit easier, smoother and I felt I was in good hands.

They explained the different rates which have gone up a little bit but it's what the market is bearing right now. It would have been nice if I've got the same rate I had before, but it wasn't that big of a change so it's all good. I'm completely satisfied with their service and for my particular needs and for my instance, I have no complaints. They were able to process my refi in an extraordinarily fast pace and closed it in 15 days. I also had everything that they required for documentation so that sped things up too. I was happy with them and I'd probably use them in the future if the need presents itself.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information