AmeriSave Mortgage

Author picture
Written by Jessica Render
Edited by Jon Bortin

About AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $103 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Customized rate quotes in less than 3 minutes
  • Options with low down payment

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No financing for manufactured homes

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Eligible borrowers can find competitive rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan, and the company has an average time of 34 days to closing.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: May 8, 2022

The company I work for says that our customers buy from us because of the name on the wall. And the sales guys are said, “No, you're sure wrong.” I agree. The reason that I'm glad that I went with AmeriSave had nothing to do with the name of the company as much as just the individual that I worked with. People buy from people. People buy because of the people they deal with and how they're treated, not just the name on the wall.

I was drawn towards an interest rate that AmeriSave Mortgage advertised. Typical marketing. I made a call and I liked the people I talked with, and I went from there. I was happy with that. The rep did a great job. He was phenomenal. I liked the process. There were some misunderstandings and a few things. He's working on a lot of stuff. I was, too. There are misunderstandings or there's, “Why is this interest rate different than what I said?” How do you handle that? And how do you communicate?” “Well, Dale, because you made the mistake.” Or, “Dale, I'm sorry. I made the mistake.” And we had both of those statements. And it's, “Oops. Sorry. My bad.” And he would say the same thing. I appreciated the way that we worked through it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Dale Henningsen, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: May 7, 2022

AmeriSave Mortgage locked me in right away by pushing me to pay for the appraisal. They worked on a Sunday. So, they make your process easy. I could have done better on the rate because after all, I got another mortgage company that called me and got me something better. But I couldn't do it because I just locked that process. From the beginning, the rep was on top of it. He let me know what I need to put as paper, check on his side, and he kept contacting me. It was great customer service, back and forth.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Tapchom Noucha, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisve.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: May 6, 2022

We had been in a horrible communication with another lender. Then, I contacted AmeriSave and in less than four weeks, we were done and dusted. Sydney was our loan officer and she was amazing. She gave me not only her direct email but her phone number where I can text her questions. I contacted them when I received a check for my previous lender for the taxes that were in escrow and the gal that I spoke with, Candice, answered all my questions. Everything went very quickly and smoothly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Fayellen Reynolds, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so please to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: May 5, 2022

The rate and terms are good and the online application was easy. I just did all of it from my phone. I also spoke to a representative who was nice as well as easy to work with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Matthew Arwood, Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: May 5, 2022

It has been easy with AmeriSave. I did not have to think about it very much. Candice was pretty attentive and kept me apprised of what was going on. Everything seemed to go fine and the new rate and terms are great.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Gordon Gilbert, Thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.ocm or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: May 4, 2022

This was the easiest and quickest refinance we have ever done. I compared the rate and how AmeriSave Mortgage would be able to close a refinance, and they said less than 30 days. That was something that we hadn't experienced. It had always been close to the seven weeks. So, it was quick and they were very good about letting us know exactly what we needed to do and have, and sending things. Everything was online, as far as the documents, back and forth, and e-signing. That made it easy as well. We had a person come to the house that we did all the final closing at home, which was another convenience. The quickness of it also, because the rates would go up, so they wanted to make sure that we were locked in at the lowest rate possible before the interest rate was raised. Frank was very quick to get back to me when I emailed him and to return phone calls.

My husband has two pensions, and they are for life. And AmeriSave said that if I could send in bank statements showing the direct deposits into the account, that that would be enough. When I did that, the bank deposits weren't enough, then they wanted the 1099 instead. It took me a little while to dig them up and send them in. That was like a double thing, because if the bank statements wouldn't be enough, then why did they ask me for them? Why didn't they just tell me 1099? I could have started to get those and process right away. Other than that, I understand, they need to make sure that the money is there so they could get paid back. That's their job, too.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Eileen Hunter, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Cared at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Working with AmeriSave was perfect all the way from start to finish. Brandon was the first person I talked to when I responded to their email. It's always a more challenging situation when dealing with small business owners like me and he was very upfront about what he could do for me and what he could help out. He explained how he had worked with lots of small business owners in the past and had really good luck. We did a lot of the process over the phone so I didn't have to do too much paperwork and it was mainly electronic signatures and things like that. It all worked really well and everything was really clear. I was very happy with the rates and terms and I got to lock in with the low rates.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Bennett Osborne, We appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: May 3, 2022

Tim did a phenomenal job. He always answered the phone and responded to email. He was very courteous and very clear on what AmeriSave Mortgage needed. I had first calls service with him. AmeriSave's rate was a quarter percent higher, but I still went with them. They should be a bit more competitive with the rate process. But I was able to consolidate some debt, and it was a very smooth, easy process, and everything was done in-house. I’m overall very satisfied.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

John Mancuso, Thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with Amerisave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an Amerisave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: May 3, 2022

My initial contact was Clayton and he was an excellent representative. He would call me back when I called and everything went quite well with him. But I also worked with Angela and if I had gone with just based on her, I would have never used AmeriSave. Her customer service and her response time were horrible. She rarely answered her phone and when I couldn’t reach her, I would call Clayton. Also, the rates and terms could have been better but considering the circumstances, it worked out well.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

May Joseph, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: May 2, 2022

A few years ago, when I refinanced with AmeriSave Mortgage, it seemed to be a lot more hectic. And I didn't look forward to doing it because it was a pain with the paperwork that they wanted. And they would want it again, and again. It seemed like it was a real fiasco. But this time, everything went smoothly. I sent things over, and they accepted them. I was impressed with how quick it went. I would give the rep an A all the way across.

I felt like the rates were high because I got refinanced four years ago and my rates were 4.1. After that, I noticed the rates were cut a couple of times. So, I thought if I refinanced, I'd get a better rate than that. The first offer they gave me was 4.1. It was exactly what I had three years ago. And I thought, "Well, I thought that rates had dropped, and here, you offer me the same rate as three years ago." The rep came back with a 3.9. But I could have got a better rate if I had looked around. But I was happy with it, or I wouldn't have went through with it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jon Hunt, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Everybody was really friendly and they got back to me immediately. They walked me through every step of the way. The people I dealt with were awesome. The mortgage process was pretty simple but drawn out towards the end with me having to repeatedly send in the same thing. The closing took longer than expected due to them wanting more documentation. It was really frustrating. Also, I don't like my new rate. After the first six years, the rate stays the same, and then it fluctuates. I'll probably sell my house by then or refinance again so I'm not stuck with a fluctuating rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Sheila Pontier, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer care at customercare@amerisvave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: May 1, 2022

AmeriSave has been very patient with me. They have the best banker. His name is Zachary. He has been working with me for almost one full year. There are a lot of issues that keep on going because sometimes, the first mortgage company called SPSS didn't want to spend the copay out. There's this information from PNC where they have to get me involved. They don't want to disclose information.

There are all kinds of going on between PNC and SPS. They are fooling around because I was paying 5.5% and PNC charged me all the way to 10.5%. They said it was COVID-19 support. They didn't ask me whether I wanted to take it or not and then they said, "Hey, you have to pay 50% after three months." They didn't explain it to me. Then, when AmeriSave questioned them about other issues, they disclosed them. According to the law, they are not allowed to disclose information. They did. So, SPS has been illegal. AmeriSave is very meticulous. They're awesome people. I was so impressed with Zachary because he treats me like I'm a human being.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Simon Peter Kustedjo, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please fee free to contact Customer Care at customercdare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-026.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Customer service is what I liked about them. The rep I spoke to was very helpful and easygoing. She was very detailed in explaining the whole process. Any questions I had, I called her and she was readily available to answer. She would call me back. I was impressed most by her openness and her willingness to help me up until the closing where she was able to save me money. She adjusted the interest. So, she was looking out for me. The only hard part was to get the documents. But uploading them was simple.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Adrian Cardenas, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 30, 2022

AmeriSave had a user-friendly application process. The rep we worked with was very helpful. He called us and checked on things quite often. I liked him. The rate we got wasn't quite as low as I was hoping to get, but it was a 4.1, so it was a lot lower than what we had, which was 6.125. Since we weren't borrowing that much money, our rep said the less that you borrow, the rates get higher and the more you borrow, the rates are lower. The only thing is my husband had asked if there was a local agent that we could go to, and there wasn’t. We're old school people so we like to face-to-face with somebody and discuss things and tell us how to do it and how to go about it. Everything was over the internet. It’s a little more difficult for senior adults, but we figured it out and got through it. AmeriSave has a nice group of people. I think we'll be happy with them. They treated us well.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Beverly Landers, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 30, 2022

AmeriSave is a good company. They help people. I got a good person and anytime I needed help and I called and emailed, he gave me an answer right away. The application process was very fast. They gave me a good interest rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Niaz Ahmad, Thank you for taking the time to share this positive post. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have been able to make this mortgage transaction smooth for you! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 29, 2022

The process with AmeriSave took about a month, but it was very simple. I'm glad that I got in the last week before the rates went up. The only thing is it took us a while to figure out how to pay online. At first, I couldn't pay online. There were a few different sketchy websites. I just typed in, "AmeriSave pay online." We signed up for automatic withdrawals, assuming that they would see our checking account there and they would withdraw themselves. They didn't. But I guess that was my wife's fault for not sending a check. So, the payment process was a little bit sketchy and a little bit hard, but we got it figured out.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Eric Wendt, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 29, 2022

We were happy that AmeriSave called. We let them know the issues we were having with previous lenders. The rep Cory said, “Well, let me speak to my manager. And we'll see what we can do.” They helped us out and it was great. Everything moved somewhat fast. If we needed something and it was a weekend, the rep was okay with taking a phone call and answering questions. There was a time where he got sick and he was still answering our emails. That really helped a lot. It was good customer service.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Beatris Bonilla-Guzman, we're glad to know that our team met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your positive experience. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I dealt with Cynthia who worked on my last refi with AmeriSave. She was awesome. She would get back to me. If I left her a message, she'd get back to me the same day, sometimes the same hour. Then if I called and she was on the line, she'd send me a text saying she'd call me right back. She always did. I was very happy. I went up half a point from where I was on my previous loan, and she put it on a 15-year term for me, which I'm gonna pay off in six and a half years. I would recommend AmeriSave to anybody. Customer service was unbeatable. It was a good experience. Cynthia was right on top of her game. She knew what she was talking about.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

James Leeman, thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this tremendous feedback! We love to hear about the positive experiences of our customers and hope to assist you again in the future! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 28, 2022

The online application process was good and uploading the required documents and getting the required information over to them was easy. Also, the rep I worked with was very customer service friendly and I got a better interest rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Randi Crotty, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 27, 2022

Initially, I went through a lot of loan officers. Within the first two months, I had gone through four, which I thought was a little unusual for a mortgage company. It seemed like every other week, I got someone new and they wouldn't tell me why besides that they were assigned to me. But once we put the offer in with the house, it was a very quick and smooth process. The very last rep I worked with, Christine, was amazing. I like her prompt responses. There wasn't a time where I questioned if she knew what she was doing. She was very respectful and professional. She would almost be answering emails on the weekend it seemed. It was very nice to have someone there. However, when I locked in my interest rate, I was not aware that I would have to pay more to keep that low interest rate. Amerisave could inform their consumers more about something they're gonna have to pay for instead of trying to find out at the very end.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Sherman, we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 27, 2022

My rep with AmeriSave was fine and responsive. I worked with Muhammad and he explained everything. The process was long but it was to be expected. The website thing was helpful but sometimes it could be clearer, like in terms of what to do. It has a very comprehensive list of stuff sometimes and you don't need to upload all of that. If they could optimize the website, it would be good.

When I went into this, I was considering taking money out. But I thought that it didn't make sense to do that. I would rather focus on paying off the mortgage. Overall, I felt comfortable with AmeriSave and I would recommend them. I didn't have the best credit. They were able to take almost a percentage point off of my interest rate, which was what I was looking to do. I was also able to shorten my mortgage from a 30-year to a 15-year. AmeriSave was also able to do everything remotely and they optimized the process by letting me sign documents online versus having to sign everything in person. That streamlined the final process.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Nadine Manjaro, thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 26, 2022

The process started out good then it bogged down big time. The gentleman I was working on it left and nobody was able to notice that I wasn't being served. I finally got ahold of someone named Robert, which was not easy, and he jumped on it and took real good care of me. He worked hard and stayed in contact with me to try to get everything done. He and a couple of the other guys had helped me get going. I was pleased with the overall process and everything that they did.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Reeves for taking the time to share your feedback. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 25, 2022

Amerisave has been great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. The loan originator we had walked us through everything. He was very helpful the entire process. Everything was done smoothly. It was so organized that we closed early. This was our first time purchasing a home, and it was way better than we expected. He understood that this was our first time purchasing a home so throughout the whole process, he explained what was happening, what to expect in the coming weeks, and even things that were more related to the real estate side. Our agent was also new so she wasn't helpful a lot of the time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Meagan Gallagher for taking the time to complete this review. We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: April 24, 2022

It was wonderful with Amerisave. The young lady that helped me was the best customer service of the three. She went out of her way to communicate even when there was what appeared to be a glitch or if I had any further questions. She did a marvelous job. There were too many pages and needs but it went well. Their fees were higher than most but because she made the process seamless, I saved with it anyway.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Noffsinger for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 23, 2022

The experience with Amerisave was very professional. They informed me of everything every step of the way. They were very thorough. They wanted to make sure that I got the documentation right and that everything that I needed was in place and was ready to go for closing day. David gave me a heads up that there were gonna be other people calling me from Amerisave for information and to make sure these are the people I talk to. If somebody would keep trying to sell me more stuff with AmeriSave, to tell them to refer to him to get it straightened out.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback Demetrio Nicolo! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 23, 2022

My rep Curtis made time for me, held my hand through the process and gave me updates. My loan got transferred to more of a senior loan office and I wasn't getting the best response from him. Curtis ended up closing it out. The terms I received were fair though they weren't the lowest.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Patricia Feeney for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The loan officer was a good guy. There was some other guy processing the paperwork and he was not what I would consider user-friendly. But AmeriSave was a pretty good group to work with. It was a lot of going back and forth which was a little strange. They don't just give a list and say, "Hey, we need all of this." The gentleman I spoke with kept sending emails after the fact saying, "Oh, now my people want this. Well, now they're asking for this. Well, now they want this." Other than that, everything was pretty straightforward. The rate I got was higher than anticipated but it still cut the payment in half.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 888-700-4026.

Original review: April 22, 2022

The representatives I worked with were very knowledgeable. Everyone was very polite and concerned that we go through the process and get everything done. But the application process was a joke. I put in the application and got all the paperwork. Then there was something that I wasn't doing quite right. I was looking at the wrong year that they were asking me information for. It would have been a simple thing for the person to have reached out and said what they wanted. Then when we had to switch from an FHA to conventional, I ended up having to put all of my documentation back in. That made me very unhappy.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Ms. Shueey for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: April 21, 2022

As soon as you close the whole process, if you have any questions on if there's any remaining thing, getting their reps is very difficult. Some of them hung up on you, they keep transferring you, and they transfer you to the place where you don't even get service or where no one is there. They don't pick up. It's just on and on. Last time, I was sitting for more than half of the day just to process one thing to get one piece of information. Also, to make the program better, communication has to be easy, like email updates. Last time, there was an increase in my mortgage and I didn't get any notification. Other than that, the application process is perfect. I had good and competent people.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Hello Tigist Mannaye, we sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your mortgage experience. A member of our Customer Care team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com.

Original review: April 21, 2022

It was a very smooth process with Amerisave. It was also faster than I expected. They worked around my work schedule. My rep, Patrick, was awesome. Before the competitor responded, Patrick came back with even a better rate and better terms. He was very aggressive from the start and I appreciate that because at the end of the day, it's all about that bottom number. I sat and thought about it over the weekend but within a couple of hours he had won my business.

Everything is electronic so it was a lot easier for me to do especially with my work schedule and my commuting. However, there were a couple of things that were redundant because of the type of files. I use a MacBook and some software programs don't do well with Safari. When I was sending screenshots from my phone to my MacBook to try to upload, I would have to re-screenshot again. It was more tedious. If I had an HP laptop or a PDF readily available to my laptop, it probably would have been a lot smoother. Something Amerisave could adjust is opening the window in regards to what files they would allow. But I just logged into my portal to pay my first payment and with the amount of information that I can find at hand, it's redundant to sit here and have to call the mortgage company to ask about what's in my escrow, what am I paying to the principal, what is my term, etc. Being able to see all those is very good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you Mr. Irwin for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please fee free to contact Customer Care at cutsomercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information