4.71/5
Based on 488 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 21, 2018

2674 AmeriSave Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
View 2 featured reviews
Original review: March 30, 2018

AmeriSave Mortgage did a good job with my refinance. The application process was easy, their reps were courteous and the rate was competitive. I’m happy with my experience with AmeriSave Mortgage.

Original review: March 30, 2018

When I was streamlining in a sense that I was dealing with whoever that handles the loan and not a middleman and being sent from one person to another and getting more phone calls from somebody else, I went with AmeriSave to refinance. Their application process was great. They had a standard set of rates they sent over and I can look at it right online. That was something that anybody can look at and it wasn’t a question of what was going on or what was included or not. I didn’t have to wait to really find out what I was looking at.

From that point on when we locked it in, it was pretty straightforward. The communication was seamless. There was always somebody available and it was the same person - whether it was the processor or the originator, the first person I talked with. They always have an answer and they were more than helpful. The rep I spoke with was personable and I felt that he was not just doing a job. He was knowledgeable, timely and always available. I never felt as if I was being taken advantage of. The rate and terms were fine. They offered a 10-year ARM, which at this point, the rates were very competitive and I can’t say I could’ve gotten it less expensive elsewhere. The process was super easy. It took three weeks from start to finish and it was quick. We sat on it for a few days before we decided to go ahead with them. My experience with AmeriSave was seamless and everybody was a pleasure to deal with. I will use them again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I was looking into an investment home. I've worked with AmeriSave in the past and they've been very responsive to me. They were also very accommodating. Also, I liked that the document exchange has been very fluid. I worked with David and then a gentleman named Glen. They were willing to listen and they were accessible. Especially when as a buyer, you're eager to get certain things. And when you have somebody making you comfortable or telling you how it is, it just makes things so much easier. It's almost like a trust. The whole process took about three weeks.

The rate was fair, but because it's an investment home there's a rate floor that I couldn't go below Ohio. And so, if they'd say it's 5.3, I would have to pay the points to stay at 5.3. But if I want a 5.5 or a 6 paying zero point, that was not available to me. As an investor, sometimes you don't wanna take so much out-of-pocket up front. So a 6 rate would be just as good as a 5.5 for me. But that wasn’t available to me. Even so, I would recommend them. They've been an example to me like a model for a lender.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I was looking to get out from underneath the PMI and when Brad from AmeriSave called, I had a good response from him and then I went with a refi. The application and underwriting process took a couple of weeks and it went well. Brad was more than helpful and informative. Dealing with him from start to finish had been great. However, a guy named James had some subordinate gaining the information from the HOA and we had no common areas. And he wasn’t following up with it. He would contact me saying that I haven’t done this or this haven’t been provided when it had been provided probably a week or so earlier. But when I contacted Brad about it, he resolved it and they were able to close the whole deal three days later. He moved through to get it done. If I had to deal with James one more time, I would have switched companies. Brad is the only reason that saved the account from not switching over.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I looked into mortgage to refinance, lower interest rate and lower the length of the term. I had been with Quicken Loans for quite a while and I checked rates across the board and was drawn to AmeriSave with their low rates. The process took five weeks. It went quicker than what I was expecting and when I had financed through Quicken Loans in the past. And I know they did everything they could. They made things work and there were no real hang-ups. After they got the appraisal back, credit check, and employment verification, I liked it. I'm happy with the whole process. They were efficient, kept in contact with me, and let me know we were getting close. And whenever they needed additional information, I got it to them and they responded right back and said, "Okay, we got it." They're easier and more efficient than Quicken Loans.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: March 29, 2018

I was searching then for mortgage companies for a new home and AmeriSave came up. When I first spoke to the agent, I like what I heard. Their application process was good and their rep did a good job. She was very knowledgeable and easy to speak with. And, I was happy with their rate and terms of the mortgage. I was very satisfied AmeriSave Mortgage, overall.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Refinancing with AmeriSave was very smooth and relatively easy and the team that I worked with was well-coordinated through email and phone call and through their website as well. Their employees, Jordan and Nikki, were very good at what they did. The whole process took a month because we had to get an appraisal and then walked through the house. Their website is not quite as sleek in some ways compared to Quicken’s and Rocket Mortgage’s websites, but it still worked and AmeriSave was ethical and quick. They weren't reaching over backward to be the lowest in terms of rate, but the rate I received was fair. Overall, my experience had been straightforward and right on target and I would recommend AmeriSave.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My daughter used AmeriSave Mortgage when she purchased her home and needed financing. I was looking for a mortgage and she referred me to them. I went online and filled out the application, and then, they reached out to me after that to confirm it and if there were some information they needed. From there, we communicated a lot through email, which was nice because it was at our convenience. It was straightforward. Initially, I had my husband on the application. But he doesn't believe in credit, so I had to redo the application to put me on it. The application itself seemed pretty long and the underwriting took a while. They needed a lot of information to confirm the loan and I didn't have them all in front of me so I had to get them. I was okay with it since they were letting me use a lot of money so they wanted to make sure that I have the ability to pay it back.

My mortgage went through quickly from the time I found a house to the time I closed. It took three weeks and I had a very good experience. I really liked David. He was very straight to the point and he answered all my questions. Joseph, my other guy who was a loan officer, came up with a different interest rate which changed my down payment, and then David went out of his way, explained it to me, sent all the information, and was willing to change some of the paperwork if needed. So, he was really good. Overall, they were really good to work with. I hear stories about buying a home loan and getting financing for it is a headache. It was a headache, but for what I had to do, it wasn’t that bad.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I had a refinance because my rates kept going up and I wanted to lock in at a low rate before they really went extremely high. I called Amerisave Mortgage and they told me they can help me. It was really quick. I enjoyed my experience with them. I tried it a year ago and I actually got it through the lender that I have. It was just like a harassment and add 50,000 things but I wasn’t looking for 50 years. I went with a 30-year fixed with Amerisave. The online application was great. It took less than a month for it to finish. I did it on the 31st of January. It was the first time I called them and I’d close my loan within three weeks. It was a good experience for me.

However, I had a bad experience with another company compared to this time. Last time I did it, I actually lost $1,200 because they weren’t that firm with me and they told me I was going to get the loan. They explained the loan to me and then at the end, they wanted to charge me so much more money. I didn’t have the money with me to do it. But Brad from Amerisave was upfront and didn't sugarcoat anything. He was honest with me and he walked me through the whole process. If there was a problem, he’d tell me about it. He didn’t leave me hanging.

The other company I went with was just a company I had my title and already have my loan with. They kept it ugly. I had a bad taste in my mouth because I started financing both of my properties the same time I did this one, which I didn’t have any problems with. They didn't try to hassle me into getting something I didn’t need. It was a smooth process. I was happy and I have recommended it to my friends.

Original review: March 28, 2018

The process of getting my mortgage at AmeriSave Mortgage was great. I was very satisfied. It went very smooth. Grant was excellent. He’s very friendly and he made me feel very comfortable. I also got the rate that I wanted. The only thing for me with that was that the fees was a little high. The closing fees were a little higher. I've checked with two other people and they told me they were a little higher than others. I would tell my friends that I had an excellent time with AmeriSave but make sure that the fees should be better.

Original review: March 28, 2018

The refi process at AmeriSave went smoothly. It was fast, easy and straightforward. There was plenty of equity and no liens. It was to a point very transparent. There wasn’t any maybes. They put the facts on the table before we even proceeded. I recommend AmeriSave. If you're looking for refinance or a mortgage and you have your ducks in order go with them.

Original review: March 28, 2018

The mortgage company I started with for a new home purchase were going so slow and we were ready to take a vacation. I filled a web form with AmeriSave and within a few days, I had everything confirmed and ready to go. Their application process was very streamlined and they had better customer service. I almost did everything online and I talked to their mortgage broker a couple of times, got the necessary form and did everything that was in the checklist that the processor had for me to do and it was really simple. Their rep, Leon, understood what it took to get everything done and told me the things I needed to do to get things going. The mortgage was closed 20 days from the day I applied and their rates and terms were market-competitive. And I was impressed with how fast they helped me replace the other mortgage company and got everything done as they said they could.

Original review: March 27, 2018

We wanted to refinance our current loan to drop down our monthly payment. AmeriSave Mortgage were the very first ones to call me. We used Lending Tree to do some research. The online application process with AmeriSave was easy. We applied and then had our closing in less than 30 days. It went a lot faster than I initially anticipated. In addition, I spoke with Zack, their loan officer. I like how responsive he was. He was also easy to work with. He stayed on the phone with me while I completed the online application just to make sure that we didn't have to worry about circling back. Overall, AmeriSave Mortgage made the process easy. They also answered all my questions quickly.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I consolidated loans and AmeriSave Mortgage’s loan officer called. The online application process at AmeriSave was straightforward and the officer did a great job of walking me through the process with the few questions that I had. The overall application and underwriting process took a week and a half to two weeks and it was very quick. There were two people that helped me. One was the initial loan gentleman and the other one was Irwin, the loan originator. Irwin did almost all of the communicating, while the other gentleman called me all the time and even sent me emails to give me updates. Irwin did a lot of follow-ups and if I wasn't getting something done, I'd get an email and then a call.They both did an excellent job following up. The overall process was as smooth and as easy as it could possibly be. The rate and terms of the mortgage that I received were extremely competitive.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I wanted to refinance a house and consolidate a home equity loan. At first, my interactions with the AmeriSave Mortgage reps were not so good but since I raised some stink, they got a whole lot better. If they could've been a little bit more timely upfront it would've been great. Also, they've got to follow through with this. It seems like they closed on a loan and they thought they were done. I have heard nothing from AmeriSave Mortgage since I closed my loan with them a month ago. I've heard from no one about my escrow, any kind of refund or anything about a final payment. Apparently, they've already sold off my loan to Wells Fargo. I got an email saying my loan was turned over to Wells Fargo starting May 1st, yet I have nothing that tells me where to send my April 1st payment. That aside, the terms of the loan were good. It's saving me some money and that was all I needed.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Amerisave Mortgage did a great job. They beat the pants off of Quicken Loans, who must have called me every day, multiple times, trying to get me to switch. They just irritated me and I was very happy to turn them down. I refinanced and I wanted to get a little equity out of it and pay off a couple of bills. I rate shopped and compared the closing cost and felt that James and Haley would be the best people to process my requirements. Haley was really on top of things. If I had a question about something, I submitted it online and I got an answer back, usually via email or through the online process. James was able to initially spark my interest in AmeriSave based on programs that he had available. Moreover, I was able to choose one that worked best for me as far as mortgage points and application fees.

I took a 15-year fixed loan with the same interest rate as I had before, just a larger loan amount. The online application process was straightforward. They got all my listing documentation together and I paid a fee to have a new appraisal done and a credit report. I provided all the required documentation, addressed all the questions truthfully, signed the application and had it submitted. I then had the appraiser come out to the property and had them do what they do. I provided Amerisave Mortgage with any current approvals that I had access to for resolves and actives and then waited for the appraisal to come back. Then I continued to provide any explanations as required by the processing department. Finally, I waited for everything to get finalized and approved, as well as set up my closing date once available. The whole process took 40 days at most. I thought that Amerisave Mortgage was really good.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I wanted to refinance my rental and Amerisave Mortgage offered me the best rate and closing costs. Their online application process was simple and I was comfortable working with Alan. He was funny and easy to work with. I really liked him. The entire process was done in three weeks and the terms of the mortgage was good.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I wanted to refinance my mortgage. I heard about AmeriSave from my friend and I decided to do it with them. When I got the first appraisal, the appraisal company forgot to put in my HOA payment. So they asked the appraisal company to put that in. Three days later, the appraisal company sent back another appraisal, which for no reason, decreased my house value by $40,000. I viewed the appraisal and I noticed that they compared my house to another property in another area. Of course, that one would cost much less than my house because there are only 81 houses on the lake and my house is one of them.

I told the guy who was helping me what happened and that it wasn't right that they let the appraisers come and do whatever they wanted to do. But he just said that everything was okay because I qualified for the loan. While I did qualify, eventually, I had to pay more because of that appraisal and I was not happy with that. As a customer, I should have been informed about something like that so I could dispute it. But nobody told me about it until it was too late. Then, when I wanted to dispute it, I was told that I didn't have the time to do it and that the locking period ended.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I refinanced with AmeriSave Mortgage and decided to go with them again. The online application process was good and we already completed the process. While the terms of the mortgage could be better, their representatives are very responsive and get quick feedback. I feel very comfortable working with them.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I looked into a mortgage to buy a house for the first time and the process of obtaining my mortgage through AmeriSave Mortgage was easy. I went online then they called and set everything up for me. So that was as easy as it could get. The interactions I had with the customer service were good as well. They got everything done fast. AmeriSave has all the connections that I needed to get and they even hooked us up with the real estate agent.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was looking for a lower interest rate on a mortgage and AmeriSave was the first one to call me when I was making inquiries. They promised me that if I get something lower than what they offered me, they would pay me some money. When I looked around, I couldn't find anything lower. The rate I received from them was excellent. A guy called me, asked me a few questions and they created a portal. The process was all online then I went through some downloading. The guy walked me through everything. Each time I had a question he would always refer me to the online portal which was very easy to navigate.

I’ve had excellent interactions with their customer service representatives. They were very prompt to respond and they would still respond even on a weekend which was good. Everything went as quick as we wanted and overall we were satisfied. It has been a positive experience and if I ever want to do a mortgage again it's going to be AmeriSave.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was just looking into a mortgage with beneficial terms for me so I checked out a couple of different people and compared options and went with AmeriSave because they ranked highly. I called up and the gentleman I spoke with was knowledgeable and helpful. And the information he was giving me seemed more realistic and more accurate than some of the stuff that I was being promised by a couple of the other groups.

The application and underwriting was streamlined so it quick and straightforward. It took 2 weeks tops. The rep was friendly, knowledgeable and quick. Anytime I sent him an email he responded pretty quickly or in fairly short order. And something that impressed me was I think I only went to voicemail once. He was always at his desk and ready to help out. He was on his game and I would definitely recommend AmeriSave.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I got on the internet and searched and I called Moneytree -- they take on all the lending companies and then you fill out a form of what you want to do and then they find the best lender for you. I was really happy with everything at Amerisave Mortgage and everything else went smoothly except for the time. I was applying for a refinance and I did what they asked me to do. The application and underwriting process took a month and a couple of days, and the timeline was fine with me because I really was not in a big hurry for it.

The customer service agents at AmeriSave were all good. The gentleman I spoke to was patient with me because it was the first time I ever did it and I was stupid about things. I had a lot of questions and he answered all of them, so that was good. He was easy to get ahold of, too. When I left a message, within 10 or 15 to 30 minutes, he called right back. They were nice and friendly and I read some things about them on the internet that were hard to believe, but the way that the individual took care of me was very professional.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I wanted to put my family in a better place financially. Amerisave reached out to me and my mortgage officer and I talked until 12:00 midnight. He went the extra mile and I was impressed that he was so warm and inviting. I felt like he was on my side. Their overall online application process really awesome. All the tools and apps that they have were really helpful. I also liked the rate that I got. My experience with Amerisave was good and I have told everybody about them.

Original review: March 24, 2018

AmeriSave Mortgage has very good rates. In fact, they give a better rate than my credit union lender. Five years back, I've done refinance with them three times prior to this. I liked the way they do their process. It was very customer-friendly and they were easy to follow up. Most of the things I did was through online. I had to enter my details. Then, I had to select a particular mortgage option and they had to log the rate. They would then ask me to upload the important documents and other paperwork. Two weeks later, they came back for the underwriting. And then from that point, it was basically up to me and them to decide the closing date. Throughout the process, one customer service person called to get some feedback. Overall, I am pleased with AmeriSave Mortgage.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Ryan from AmeriSave called me and gave me information. He was very patient, easy to talk to and straightforward. I told him I was searching around and was trying to get the best deal. We were in contact for a few weeks. I took a while to decide on them because I went through about 10 other lenders to look to see what was there and what was the cost of things but in the end, I went with them. I put in the application for a 15-year fixed refi and their response was like a pre-approval. Then, once I’d submitted the five points of documentation for the application, they approved me right away. We got the appraisal really quickly with that, too.

They had an online platform to get and receive files and things and that worked out well. It was very handy. They were also very responsive and very transparent. I was talking to them and also talking to the processor, and they were very quick to answer my emails. Their price was also great. Rates were starting to go up, so I’m glad I did it. The process, from first talking to them to having the refi closed, took a month. Everything worked out well. I’d recommend them.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I looked into a mortgage to reduce my monthly payments. At that time, I saw an AmeriSave Mortgage ad on the internet and when I talked to their rep, he was very friendly. The process of refinancing my mortgage was easy and seamless. The representatives were prompt and helpful too. They gave the information I needed. However, they had a couple of big mistakes. One was the amount of money that I was supposed to bring to the closing. I was told one amount and then the paper had a different amount. The notary was with us and she had noticed that. We checked it out and she said the paperwork was wrong. I had that out of a bank check so the only check I had was the one for the amount I was told.

And then two days later, I got a call from AmeriSave and they said there was a mistake. First of all, we didn’t owe them money. They owed us money. Instead of owing $600, they were going to give me $900 and they sent me a check for that. And then shortly after, they’ve miscalculated the escrow amounts and they asked me to go and pay my taxes. Still, the rates were fine. I told them what I was looking for and that was what they were able to give. All in all, they were a very good group of people to deal with. I would recommend AmeriSave Mortgage.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Amerisave rates were the same with other providers, but their fees were lower, so I went with their fixed 30 and the application process was very easy. It only took me 15 minutes to fill up the application and everything was an immediate upload type of thing. They were also very communicative. They called me whenever they needed to and reminded me of things such as deadlines. Their reps also seemed like they really want to make it happen on time, which was important. You don't want to lose your rate. They were very helpful and reminded me to make sure I do and send things. I was very impressed with Amerisave.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I have had a great experience with AmeriSave Mortgage. Not only did I get a good rate, I liked the two gentlemen that I worked with. At that time, I had a lot of housing projects that I wanted to do. Then, I had a credit card that I wanted to pay off. These are the reasons I wanted to get a mortgage. Before I was able to obtain the mortgage, I had to get some documentation as far as employment history. I provided my address history and credit score. Then, I had a slight gap in employment history so I had to send over an explanation for that. But once that got taken care of, it was just a matter of going through the approval and everything went smoothly. It went a lot faster than I was thinking it would.

The second gentleman who helped me was fantastic too. His name was Matthew and he was able to walk me through sort of the steps of the fees and everything that was added and why they were added. He was very responsive to any questions I had about the contract. He also walked through parts of the contract with me. The process started in early February. And then, it was paid out by the end of February so it took less than a month. However, we had an issue. One of my old jobs was very slow to respond with the employment and salary verification information they needed. So Matthew kept calling and kept staying on them and then kept me up to speed with what was going on.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My experience with AmeriSave was fantastic. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. I refinanced my house because I went through a separation. I was trying to refinance it in just my name and so I got that plus a little bit of a lower rate. I was going through Freedom Mortgage and they were absolutely terrible. I got on Lending Tree and AmeriSave was one of the top-rated companies. So I put in my application with them. They were super fast and easy to work with.

I got a call not long after I typed up the application in. They handled stuff over the phone and the system online was easy to track where I was. And if they need information, it was super easy to upload it to them. The process was flawless and I was very happy with them. Amerisave reps were to the point and extremely responsive. For every question I had, I heard from somebody within 24 hours. Also, I already have a low-interest rate so they were able to save me a couple of points and I felt like that was a huge bonus. I’m pleased with Amerisave.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information