View Rates

2. Mortgages

4.4/5 (1133 ratings)

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $55 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Quick online quote process

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • Some closing delays

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Some customers complain about closing delays, but eligible borrowers can find affordable and fair rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: July 9, 2021

I worked with Alexandria and she was awesome. I ran into a couple of snags, mostly technical issues, that I would call her for and she would get right back to me. She was very engaged.

Original review: July 8, 2021

The particular loan officer I worked with, Ashley, made things very easy and the application itself was pretty painless. There was a lot of documentation to go through but it was all available through DocuSign and other means, where most of it was pretty easy to take care of on mobile. That was nice. Also, Ashley was extremely responsive. They worked on weekends and they were very adaptive to the changes and different requests that came in.

Original review: July 7, 2021

Applied for a refinance in December 2020 and were preapproved. They kept asking for the same documents over and over. They kept changing the amount due at closing from $1,400 to $12,000. They had to recertify the appraisal because it took so long. Lost track how many phone calls and emails were sent. Kept being told everything looked good and we should be closed in 2 weeks. Then they request for updated documents again and again.

They requested a payoff on our current loan which we were charged for, and ran 3 hard inquiries against our credit. Made us change the mortgage holder on our insurance before they would continue. More requests for documents, rate changes, terms changes and more money needed at closing over and over for 5 months. Then received a denial notice due to insufficient equity when they had the appraisal 2 weeks into the process. Went to another lender and were approved and closed within 30 days. Horrible communication and just the worst experience I have ever encountered.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

We appreciated your patience, and we appreciate your feedback on your mortgage loan. Your mortgage experience is very important to our company, and we value the information you provided so that we can share with our Operations Team.

If you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our Satisfaction Team at our toll-free number 888-700-4026, or by email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com.

Original review: July 7, 2021

The application process with AmeriSave was relatively easy compared to what I've done with everyone else. But there wasn't good communication with this rep. I had problems. They were supposed to send a notary out to sign documents but nobody showed up the first time and I couldn't get any response. I reached back out to Darius and he kind of took over from there. Darius is the one who pretty much did everything. I liked him. I reached out to him yesterday about doing another refinance.

Original review: July 6, 2021

The officer I worked with at AmeriSave was knowledgeable, honest, and helpful. Also, he was really responsive in communication. The application and underwriting process took a long time but there were a couple of factors in there that made it take longer and we're in the middle of COVID. Sometimes, underwriters would ask for additional things but it was the way it needed to be. Everything they had on the site was good.

Original review: July 5, 2021

AmeriSave had a better deal than the other companies and their interest rate was better too. However, there was this one guy who wasted my time. He made me believe everything was okay. I did everything I had to do then I was waiting but nothing was happening. I called the main office and that was where they assigned my case to somebody else. My application had to be restarted from scratch after three months with a new agent and that's where everything was fine.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I wanted to refi with cash out and Amerisave was one of the few ones that was offering a cash out. They were very responsive. The rate was lower which was good and I was able to get cash out on top of that. It was a very positive experience.

Original review: July 3, 2021

AmeriSave had great response time and answered all my questions. They were right on top of every time I send something to them. Any time I needed to get somebody on the phone, I was able to get right on the phone. They kept me informed without bugging me and at the same time, let me know what I needed. It was a smooth experience and I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I liked how quickly AmeriSave answered my questions. They immediately called me when I requested to apply and they contacted me by phone. After that, it was almost all online. And if I had a question, it was immediately answered. They were very informative and I had options, according to points, to be paid. I was impressed with the speed that it all got done in. It was the smoothest experience I've ever had. Do not hesitate to contact AmeriSave.

Original review: July 1, 2021

The gentleman that I spoke to at first was very informative and the process with AmeriSave went pretty smoothly. Anytime I had a problem, I sent an email and it didn't matter what time of day I sent it, they responded right away. They’re on the west coast and sometimes I didn't think they would respond that quickly, but they did. Their reps were also very cordial and seemed to know their job. The whole process was completed in 30 days which was a little bit faster, but it was what I expected.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information