4.7/5 (608 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #1168) is an online, direct-to-consumer lender that offers home purchase loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also refinance options for those who want to adjust their rate or term or take out cash. AmeriSave has helped over 664,000 borrowers, funding over $115 billion in loans since it was founded in 2002.

Pros

• Customized rate quotes in minutes
  • Lock in rate for 90 days and shop homes
  • Loan officers available to answer questions via chat
  • Closing in as little as 25 days

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No HELOCs or home equity loans

Bottom Line

AmeriSave Mortgage offers a wide range of loan programs in most states. It has competitive rates for eligible borrowers buying a home or refinancing an existing loan. You can check your rates and get pre-qualified without any effect on your credit score.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

The process was the easiest I've done. It was easy from the get-go. It was a great experience. From the very start, Mark and I sat and talked. We did stuff. He knew exactly the next steps were. He’s easy to get along with. AmeriSave's portal was good about what to see and what's next and where you are in the stage.

Also, the rates are good. I wish we had our rate earlier from the house we had right before that, but rates had gone up. But it was less than what I thought it would be. It turned out well. And they're very clear from upfront. We locked it in early. So, it was done very well.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Daniel, thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I was looking for fast home mortgage and when I looked online, AmeriSave Mortgage was in the top three. I read the reviews and did a little research. Whenever I reached out, AmeriSave was the quickest to get to me. I had issues with the seller so the process with the loan took a little longer than expected. Other than that, things went great. For the most part, everything went smoothly. The details and stuff that was asked of me with the bank accounts and uploading all the stuff was a lot easier than I was expecting. I've done it once before.

Communication was great too. There was checking in, checking out. It was happening, if not every day, every other day. I was definitely getting in the loop and I was keeping them in the loop as well. A couple of days before closing, they asked about some more bank account stuff. I had everything so it wasn't that big of a deal. But if it would have taken me a couple days to come up with that stuff, I would have missed my closing. That should have been asked about earlier on.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Jeremy, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Everyone from AmeriSave Mortgage I worked with was very professional from start to finish. The first guy I worked with has the same first name as me, so that was very good. Greg and Jeremy both were the key folks behind it all and helped me understand the process thoroughly. The process took 45 days at the most because I had to do some work around the house and get the house ready for the actual refi to go through. Other than that, it went smoothly. It was an efficient experience. It was the first time we refinanced a home, so it made the experience that much easier.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Gregory, thank you for taking the time to share this positive post. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have been able to make this mortgage transaction smooth for you! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Everything went smoothly. It closed quicker than any other place. My lender guy was wonderful. I was able to get in touch with him at any time. Everybody was really nice and made sure that I needed everything I needed. They kept in contact through emails, text messages, and phone calls. Everything was great.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Elana, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I had a wonderful experience. Daniel was excellent.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Aaron, thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I talked to Nikola at Amerisave and he was very, very, very helpful. As soon as I send him an email, he text me or call me right away. It went really smooth. We started the process in August and then he said that there was one problem. He told me about the problem and advised me to make six payments and it would make it better. That was what I really liked about him. He explained everything. Once I made the sixth payment, we closed in 10 days. He tried to hold the interest rate because the interest rate has a lock on it. But he couldn't hold it. He called and apologized for it. But I told him don't worry about it. He's been following up with emails, making sure that everything is okay. If I still have any problems, I give him a call. They didn't even cut me off after we closed.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Cynthia, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

The process was horrible at first with my first loan officer, and then it was excellent when I had their regional manager of California. With the first loan officer, I couldn't get ahold of him. He wouldn’t return phone calls, emails, and texts. I tried every way to communicate with him until I finally downloaded a program that called his phone repeatedly till he answered. So for the first application process, I had no guidance and no one that talked to me or communicate with me. Every time that I submitted something, I never knew if it was received or not. But when I had the second loan officer, we closed in a matter of two weeks and everything was in hyperdrive because in the first two weeks, nothing got done with my first loan officer.

The second officer I worked with was very professional. He literally had to start a new loan from ground zero to work forward. He explained things to me. He gave me time to ask ample questions and if he didn't know the answer to something, he found out in a short amount of time and always got back to me when he said he would. I was never left wondering what was going to happen. Every time I had a question, he had an answer or he found out the answer in a timely fashion, which, to me, is the epitome of professionalism, which I did not receive at all in my first course. He answered some ample questions for me about what would be best to do as far as putting more money down versus putting less money down, and his take on what he thought the market would do and why it would be beneficial to possibly refinance in the future. So he answered a lot of the questions that I had asked the first loan officer who had no answers for me.

As far as the rate, he did me a solid. He was able to get the interest rate down to lower than when I was first promised. He was able to waive the point to make amends for the first two weeks of wasting my life with the first loan officer. He made amends for everything that had transpired before. But I still have this taste in my mouth from the first experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Michael, we sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your mortgage experience. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

The reps from AmeriSave were very helpful and knew what they were doing. They walked me through and explained everything to me. The application and underwriting process didn't take long. They worked on it fast. I had questions on one of the taxes that I had to do and it was hard to get ahold of them a couple of times.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. James, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

My representative was really good about being patient and answering my questions. All of it was timely too. Sometimes calls would be immediately back or there was an immediate response to the email. I'm not the only customer so if it was an hour before I got a response back, I understood. The longest response time was a day. The rate and terms were good considering the timing of everything. When I told people what my interest rate was, they were pretty blown away. My timing was really good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Robert, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Ernest, the mortgage officer that I worked with, was absolutely excellent. He was very attentive and had excellent communication skills. He worked very diligently to find a loan that would work for me, and I had no qualms as to being able to reach out to him to ask a question. The application process was relatively easy as well. Ernest walked me through all of the steps that I needed to do to get the loan app completed and get the necessary documentation submitted so that the loan could be evaluated. I would recommend AmeriSave and my loan originator highly.

The loan processor called once and I said, "I'm working directly with the mortgage loan originator. I'd prefer to deal with one person and one person only," because the loan originator knew all of the circumstances involved relating to what needed to happen and why I needed a loan. The loan processor is a paperwork person, and having a mother that had been in the banking industry and had been a loan originator and loan processor, it's like one person.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Sheril, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

An agent of AmeriSave, Christina, talked to me and she got me into it. The application process didn't take that long. Christina helped me through all so much and I couldn't have done it without her. My experience was excellent and I would tell everybody to go to AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Annemarie, thank you for taking the time to share this positive post. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have been able to make this mortgage transaction smooth for you! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

AmeriSave was able to give me the best rate. This is the seventh home I bought. So I'm familiar with the process. Theirs seem a standard process. So, it all makes sense. And the upfront portion of everything was good. Also, the response time was quick. But once it backed down into closing, it was bumpy. And they were auditing things afterwards, and it was almost a month later, I got a check because they made a mistake. A lot of the funkiness had to do with repeated requests for something that didn't exist. And I had to come up with as many pieces as I could, but I couldn't close that final gap because it never existed. They eventually through this analysis said, "All the rest of it is solid. We're gonna go with it." It took them a long time to get to that point.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. C, thank you for your review as all feedback is greatly important to us. Please expect to hear from someone from our Customer Care team shortly to further discuss your experience. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Michael, the rep from AmeriSave, was super helpful and it was an overall good experience. The process went smoothly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Elyjah, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

Dan, the person I was working with, was amazing. I loved him. I had some issues with doing insurance through AmeriSave, which was difficult to get through. I’m only 25 and this is my first rodeo with everything so I didn’t know what to expect. The agent that I was assigned dropped the ball and my insurance got canceled. After I got done with my loan, Dan helped me navigate and that was so helpful, and he didn't have to do that. The application part was easy. I'm a travel nurse, so there were extra things that I had to do but that was because of my occupation and proving my income. But as far as being able to upload everything, it was great. Dan was the only one that I had great communication with and the rest were not that great, but that's okay.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Brianna, thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I worked with a lady rep who walked me through everything. She was very nice and helpful. I changed to a processor whom I didn't like very well. I was getting conflicting information and I was getting really frustrated. I kept contacting the original person I was working with. Some of the information I put in wouldn't even go in correctly. I would have to email it to my originator and then she would input it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Tonya, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your mortgage experience with us. A member of our Customer Care Team will be reaching out to you shortly to address your concerns. You may also contact us at your convenience by calling 1-888-655-0906 and/or by sending an e-mail to resolutionteam@amerisave.com

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I was refinancing to get the money to buy a rental property and the rep was helpful and gave me a lot of ideas and general stuff that I needed to know about owning rental properties. She was great. AmeriSave did very good and I'd refer them if I know anybody that needed a loan.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Curtis, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciated the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

Greg and Kelly, the resp I had with AmeriSave, were both very helpful, flexible and knowledgeable. They were able to help me out even after closing with whatever questions I had. The communication was very good. The overall experience was good and the only trouble I had was post-closing. My loan was sold to another agency. It was a sub-AmeriSave agent and I was sent an email about the loan changeover but it didn't give me procedures on how to set up my autopay. That was a big thing for me because I didn't want to worry about it and it was one of those emails how you would have to see it in order for you to know.

I would have preferred to have gotten a call telling me the procedures to set up my mortgage online. So, that took a little bit of time. I even sent the email to the AmeriSave Mortgage side of the house and I didn't get any response from them. I just reached out to Kelly, the loan processor, and she set me up with all the information I needed and I've actually got it set up.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Moustafa, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

I had a great experience with AmeriSave. The agent I had was extremely responsive knew what he was doing and reachable day or night. From the initial contact with the rep to when I had a house I liked and he put in the offer, it was three months. But when I saw a house I liked, he was able to get the underwriting and all that stuff done in weeks.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Edward, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciated the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

I was very happy with Amerisave. The guy I dealt with to get the mortgage was most helpful and absolutely always returned inquiries very promptly, whether they were phone calls or emails. I know I was not the only call he was dealing with at the time. So, I was really impressed with that. The application process was pretty easy and straightforward. It was the most painless mortgage process I've ever gone through.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Robert, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

The guy we worked with at AmeriSave was Brad and he was awesome. He was very good at communicating, we could ask questions anytime, and he was very responsive. He was very friendly, he wasn't pushing anything, wasn't being a salesperson, and wasn't trying to sell anything. He was just trying to provide information and would tell you the pros and cons and let you make decisions.

The application process was really pretty simple, for the most part, because I had a phone consultation with Brad. He pretty much filled it all out and then sent it to me for review. So, it really was a pretty simple process on my end. There was the original application that gave us tentative approval within a range virtually right away. Then when we finally had selected a house and got into the details, everything went pretty smoothly. Everything was ready to close in less than 30 days.

There was only one hiccup, and I don't know that it could be modified. I was out of the country and they were wanting a form from a previous life insurance policy that I just couldn't access from out of the country. So, that was a little bit of a headache, but Brad was a problem solver. He figured out how to get around that, how to supply the underwriters with what they needed while I was out of the country.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Mitch, we are thrilled to hear that we provided you with top-notch service! We appreciate the feedback and look forward to working with you again soon. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Brandon made it really easy on me, always answering questions expeditiously. Chris called to check in frequently and make sure things were going well. So, it was really smooth and went great. The only part about the process that was not explained really well to me was that it was a floating interest rate. I thought it was locked in at 4.875 and the whole time, I thought that was what it was going to be. But I had to pay 12 grand to get that. So, I didn't understand that upfront and I went through the whole process. When it came time to do my closing cost, they were pretty significantly higher than what I expected and that was because of my lack of understanding on that piece. But that may be partially on me for not paying closer attention to understanding that.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Christine, we're glad to know that our team met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your positive experience. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I had a very good experience. AmeriSave gave me a competitive rate. They gave me confidence. Especially the loan officer, Sharon. She was very good. I had many doubts. She was patient and she helped me clarify all the questions that I had. I'm very satisfied.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Dinesh, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

They were very pleasant. They were very quick, and efficient. They got everything I needed right away. So everything was really well done. I'm very pleased. The interest rates were a little high. But for what the market was, it was fine.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jaboa, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

Everybody is very polite. It worked out great. So, I just stuck with it. I just refinanced with AmeriSave Mortgage again. But the first time, it took a while, because there were some underlying situations. It was very tough getting ahold of the loan. I would leave messages, I would never get a call back. I had a very old man trying to do paperwork. The second time, the application was perfect. Less than a month. It was easier for me to just deal with the loan originator. She was on top of everything. Even this time, she was outstanding. Very polite and to the point. She would follow up just to make sure that stuff was done. Even after it was out of her hand, she still followed up with me to make sure it was all going smoothly. It took a month from start to finish. They funded it quickly. The rep did a good job in all the paperwork. It was quick and to the point.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Gary, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

The application process was easy. It took a few months. I had to get some paperwork and stuff like that done as far as some things that we were wanting to deed to the property. But once I got that taken care of, everything went smooth. The reps were really friendly and thorough. They really looked over the numbers but the other companies didn't do that. If there wasn't some type of loan or mortgage they wanted to give, they wanted to do it their way. These guys were pretty good. They were really optimistic and so interested in helping. Amerisave is a good company. Everything that they said, they backed it up.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Rodney, thank you for your feedback! We work hard to offer the best mortgage experience which is supported by your kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

It was a lot of work with Amerisave and we had to find a lot of stuff, too. But together, we got the job done. It was a really good experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. James, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review and will always be available to assist you with any future mortgage needs. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

AmeriSave needed paperwork in the beginning, which was fine. We had a couple of weeks off where I didn't hear anything, which was fine. But waited until the last day we had, which was like a Friday, and we were supposed to call on the Monday to meet everything, which pushed closing back a week. So, that was very stressful when they could have just told me in the beginning that they needed a, b and c, and not waited until they had all the information and say, "Oh, nope” and kicked it back. I had a timeline to be out of the place we were at. But my loan officer worked. She was quick about trying to get everything done. The rep was good and super helpful in getting what we need. She was approachable and personable. So, I felt I could ask her anything. I talked to her about anything in the process and answered patiently and calmly.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Danielle, thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

We got good rates. All our interactions with them were good. We've had two mortgages with them now.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Robert, thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with AmeriSave. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

AmeriSave Mortgage had the best interest rate and the guy that I was working with was good. The process was long, but it wasn't difficult. Also, the rep was on top of his job. Give Daniel a call.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Jonathon, we appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

AmeriSave's application process was very easy. I was on the phone. They called me to talk everything over and give me details and answered every question possible. I had a million questions. They were extremely patient and literally answered every question I can possibly have. Then, they gave me the option to move forward or just think about it. They were amazing. I did not feel any pressure. It was really great to work with people like that. They were the greatest team.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ms. Jenny, thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information