2. Mortgages

4.5/5 (986 ratings)

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an online, direct-to-consumer lender for home loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also offers refinancing options for those who want to lower their payment or take out cash. AmeriSave has funded over $55 billion in home loans since 2002.

Pros

• Variety of loan programs
  • Free calculator tools online
  • Quick online quote process

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • Some closing delays

Bottom Line

AmeriSave offers a wide range of loan services in most states. Some customers complain about closing delays, but eligible borrowers can find affordable and fair rates for buying a house or refinancing an existing loan.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

The guy that I dealt with was nice. He kept us informed. There were a lot of forms going back and forth, but we could handle that. It was a great experience.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jerry, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Bradley took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

The only fault I saw with them was that they could improve on getting the documents to me a little faster and for me to research those documents and get the documents back to them. Other than that, it was excellent customer service.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Zachary, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Shawn took such great care of you. We will take a look at you experience and see what we we can do on the document speed and turnaround times moving forward. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

The process took two months, which was a little longer than normal. But after we got all the paperwork worked out, all the guys were good. Sometimes, the communication wasn't the best and we wish it would have been less time consuming. But sometimes, things happen. The reps were both very nice young men and I give them an A+. I would go back through AmeriSave again if I had to. They are a good company and I got family that has been dealing with them for 30 years. With COVID, the situation changes everything but we’re not dissatisfied with any of it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Teresa thank you so much for this feedback and rating. We will look at your experience using the specifics you provided. We will see what we can do in the process to speed it up and to ensure better communication. We love to hear about the experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Darrell and the team took care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Omar, the rep, was great and I enjoyed doing business with AmeriSave. The process was easy and smooth. Every time I called Omar and the other young lady, they picked up or called me back immediately with the information that I needed and told me the best route to take. We started the process in July and I was closed by September. That could've been end of August, but I was trying to wait to see if something else financially came through.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning Nicole and thank you so much for this great feedback! We certainly enjoyed working with you as well. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Omar and our team took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I had a great experience with AmeriSave, just like last time. I talked to Jonathan, the rep, and he was awesome. He ran a bunch of scenarios and asked what I thought. Then, I made my decision. He helped me get all the paperwork together. He knew HOAs and how to deal with them and knew the fax number form and the email address. So, it was easy for me to get all the documentation he needed.

The only thing is I already had my mortgage with AmeriSave because this was the second time I was using them, and I was doing a refi. I was going through the process and I got a late payment phone call from a guy from the collections department, and it had only been three weeks. I told him that I was refinancing with AmeriSave and I would not make my payment till November because it's in the refi process. I gave him the name of the lender rep I was working with and he said that they were gonna hit my credit if I don't make that payment. So, I said that I've been told not to and I'm not going to. He said that before he leaves the phone call, I have to tell him that I was gonna do this. I said I was not doing that and that I already told him that.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Marcus thank you so much for this great feedback and thank you for allowing us to help you for a second time! We will look into the communication between our Process Department and our Servicing Department. We can and will do better there. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Jonathan took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Most of the time, AmeriSave’s customer service was very good although occasionally, it took a while to get back to me. During the application process, they asked for some things that seemed ridiculous but when I voiced concerns about those things, they went away.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Judith thank you so much for this feedback. We read it, value it, and will use it to get better where we can. Communication is so important to us and thank you for taking the time to let us know where we can improve. We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Delfina took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

After you join and pay $500 app fee you will get 0 email responses, they will answer 0 phone calls, you will be completely ignored, in 2 months they will decline your application and run away with your $500. -Tyler ** was one of the guys involved.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciated your patience, and we regret that the communication that you received was not superior on your loan.

Your mortgage experience is very important to our company, and a Sales Manager will connect with you regarding this matter. Our Satisfaction Team can be reaching at our toll-free number 888-700-4026, or by email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I gave AmeriSave a call and their rep, Robert, answered. He was really quick on getting back to me and he made everything simple and laidback. It was a very easy process going through. The online application process worked very well for me too. In the beginning, I was quoted an eighth of a point higher than what I wound up getting. The only reason was I had talked with another mortgage refinance company and they were wanting to have my business a lot. They offered me an eighth of a point lower without any extra points being bought. AmeriSave matched it, which was good for me because I was already halfway through the process. AmeriSave is professional. They did a spectacular job and I was very happy going with them. I would give people looking to refinance AmeriSave’s number so that they can give them a call and give them a chance.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Good morning John and thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, and we are happy that Robert took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

This is the fourth time I've worked with AmeriSave for different mortgages or refinancing and they are fantastic. The person I dealt with, Lori, has been fabulous and every time, I recommend her to other people. We have also done a few other purchases through them and I've always gone through Lori. Their process is expedient and mindless for me. Also, we've been really happy with our rate.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Laurie, thank you so much for this great feedback! We love to hear about the outstanding experiences our customers have at AmeriSave, especially those that are repeat customers! We are happy that Lori took such great care of you. We look forward to helping you again in the future and appreciate your business and the review!

Bryan Owen

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I paid my $500 dollar deposit and filled out paperwork. Submitted everything they asked for and then nothing, I kept trying to contact them and calls and emails were ignored. They Kept my $500 and never responded to me. Look elsewhere. They just want your $500!

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Thank you for your feedback. We regret that communication regarding the status of your loan has been delayed or lacking. AmeriSave is experiencing unprecedented call volume and our employees and managers are returning calls as quickly as possible. Your feedback has been forwarded to the sales manager who will return your call. You may also contact AmeriSave's Customer Care Team at 888-700-4026, or via email at customersatisfaction@amerisave.com.

We look forward to speaking with you soon.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information