2.73/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2819 AmeriSave Mortgage Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 18, 2019

The origination of my refi was easy but from there on it was difficult. It took 3 months to get done and by no fault of my own. Credit was good, got everything to them within 48 hours. They forgot to do the electric application with the VA and I had to tell them after following up with the VA about the hold up, then AmeriSave cleared me while I waited for a name change on the COE. During the last review AmeriSave decided they wanted an invoice to fix the walls of one of my 3 showers. Got them invoice in a day, then they decided they wanted it fixed or wanted the appraiser to change the appraisal.

We agreed to fix it and they would pay final inspection fee. We fixed it over the weekend and it got cleared. However not only did they not pay for it but they double charged me. I’ve left messages and emails and not a single person has addressed it since my loan closed. I suggest you rethink using this company. Communication was very difficult throughout the process. I understand the underwriting process can be frustrating and I’ve used VA loans before but this by far the most difficult.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I dealt with an agent named Robert ** who felt certain I would qualify for a refinance... Not taking any money out, just wanted lower rate. He immediately requested $500.00 to which I said, "Ok. If you cannot get me refinanced I will get my money back, right!" Robert said, "yes," and we should have no problems; this was around May 2, 2019 and now in July they notified me that they could not do the refinance for me. I have been asking Robert for the refund for several weeks now with no response? AmeriSave, you need to train your agents to qualify people before taking the money, if I have $500.00 to throw around it would be for one of the many missionaries I know and support. Thank you for responding.

Sylvia

Original review: July 2, 2019

I heard from the Rep multiple times a day when we were in the process of getting the loan. We have tried email, phone call to rep and phone call to company. We were told we would have funds by June 28th. As soon as they received payment communication stopped. Horrible customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2019

For the past few days, AmeriSave has been calling my office line at least 5 times a day. It's an automated recording that then connects you to a person if you stay on the line. The recording advises you to press 7 to unsubscribe, but doing so does nothing. Tried explaining to the rep that they are calling a business, she promptly hung up on me. A few hours later, they are calling again from a different number so you can't block their calls altogether. Horrible way to do business, I would never do business with a company who uses telemarketer and scam tactics to get you on the phone, and refuses to take you off their call list.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Initially service was great. Originator, Jordan ** was amazing and patient while I completed application. I was on the road between states. However, they have had application for six weeks with closing schedule for 6/28/19. I had to ask them on Monday for status and was told the Friday date was doubtful. Most closing are a game of dominoes - sell in the morning and buy in the afternoon. And this process dominoes for many transactions. People selling and people buying all hinging on one closing fouling it up for everyone. How discourteous not to give people a reasonable heads up that they aren't going to finish the process. I am disgusted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: June 21, 2019

We went to AmeriSave due to their aggressive rates. What we experienced was one of the worst service experiences in our lives. Our processor Clayton ** was rude, had terrible communication skills, refused to answer questions, and rushed us to the point that our lives and jobs were disrupted. AmeriSave charges a $500 application fee that made it tough to walk away but we did so the day the CD was released. That money is gone and that hurts, but it was worth it knowing another lender would provide better service.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Do not use this company to refi. Another company pulled my credit and they pounced. Called me within seconds. Engaged with a loan officer and was lulled into completing an application and paid what he claimed was a refundable $500. After my wife and I decided it was not the right time they refused to refund the fee. This is after I was a loyal customer using them 3 times in last 6 years.. This is the way they reward loyalty.. No integrity. They don’t deserve your business.

Original review: June 1, 2019

We were supposedly pre approved on April 14th, I handed in paperwork for over a month and a half, they needed copies of bank accounts, birth certificates, many personal items. I started to get nervous giving such personal information out, but, he assured this was needed for our refi. I had been working with a loan specialist to refinance our existing home and consolidate our debt into one payment. Joshua ** seemed well informed. He ordered an appraisal at a cost of 650.00. Our house appraised at 50,000 more than what our mortgage loan was to be. It was a "sure" thing that this was going to happen. I downloaded the appraisal and saw that the appraisal company charged a fee of 550.00, I asked where the other 100. went, he danced around the question and never answered it.

When he said our debt to income ratio was off and they needed copies of bank accounts to make up for the ratio and it would work, and again assured me it was safe and a regular practice. Later that day we were denied the loan. I am a nervous that they have all our personal information. I have no recourse and at a loss on how to get refunded the 650.00. No-one will return calls or emails. After reading many complaints and the heartache that these loan people have created, it's just disgusting. I have never written a complaint about a company, but, I do not want others to be persuaded to trust Amerisave.

Original review: May 9, 2019

What I appreciate about AmeriSave and what sets it apart from all the other lenders was the cost of refinancing as by far, it was the only lender that was able to accommodate my 1st and 2nd mortgages when all the other lenders have told me I didn't have enough equity in my home to cover both. I believe it's because the other lenders have their fees too high. So, thank you AmeriSave for giving me relief from financial burden and much thanks to Aaron ** and Evan ** who worked diligently and were there every step of the way for me. I'm most grateful.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I'm a busy professional. I submitted one online query a day and a half ago. In the interim, AmeriSave has called me roughly FIFTEEN TIMES. Leave a message, maybe call once per day. That's it. I finally picked up and snapped at the caller, demanding to be taken off their list. They're STILL calling me at least once per day. This is a garbage way to do business, and I will never work with them because of it.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information