4.7/5 (712 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Jennifer Schurman
Edited by Sally Jones

About AmeriSave Mortgage

AmeriSave Mortgage Corp. (NMLS #1168) is an online, direct-to-consumer lender that offers home purchase loans in 49 states and Washington, D.C. The company also refinance options for those who want to adjust their rate or term or take out cash. AmeriSave has helped over 664,000 borrowers, funding over $115 billion in loans since it was founded in 2002.

Pros

• Customized rate quotes in minutes
  • Lock in rate for 90 days and shop homes
  • Loan officers available to answer questions via chat
  • Closing in as little as 25 days

Cons

• Not available in New York
  • No HELOCs or home equity loans

Bottom Line

AmeriSave Mortgage offers a wide range of loan programs in most states. It has competitive rates for eligible borrowers buying a home or refinancing an existing loan. You can check your rates and get pre-qualified without any effect on your credit score.

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Everybody at AmeriSave was very helpful and great. I worked with Christine and she was awesome and can't recommend her enough. She always seemed positive on the phone and very nice. However, the emails for whenever anybody enters anything in the portal, they're written to make it seem like it's the end of the world and that it was urgent. But when you check what it is, it's stuff that they didn't need until when you actually found a house. But overall, I'm very happy with the process.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Simon, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Cory, the rep I worked with at AmeriSave, told me that he would let me know if he needed any other paperwork other than whatever I turned in. By working with Cory, I didn't have the bad experience that some of the others had, and that is the continual emails telling you to turn in the same paperwork over and over. My experience was good. Other than, I called Cory several times to reiterate that I was getting all these emails, and he reiterated back to me that, "Don't worry about it. They're just automatic emails." Cory seemed to do everything for me, take care of everything for me and made it easy for me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Mentz, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Amerisave was awesome. They always got back to me quickly with any response to any question that I had, and the portal was really easy to navigate. I had no complaints with uploading the documents. I was trying to close in 30 days, but we closed in 36 days. I’m a real estate agent, and 30 days is always a crunch. Even though closing was a hectic process, the rep, Victor, stayed calm and professional. He played point the whole way through, and he was always easy to contact.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Ware, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Working with AmeriSave was a very good experience. I told the rep what I wanted and wanted to do and he was very upfront with me. He let me know what I could do, and what I couldn't do, and he was very honest. He kept me in the loop of what was going on with the process of the loan. I really appreciate his honesty and even every step far as finding out where the money came from, from my pension. Also, especially when I'm a first-time buyer too and we don't know the ins and outs. Doing the portal was also no problem. Even doing the documents was good. It's just that when certain stuff he asked for, it didn't let you put it in there unless you go through other documents.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Nathaniel, Thank you for taking the time to share this positive post. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have been able to make this mortgage transaction smooth for you! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

The application process was simple. The agent I got was Adam, and he gave me a really good rate for my refinance. He helped me out before the mortgage rates went up. His communication was really good too. Big shout-out to Adam. He's a really good guy, and he took care of me. I have no complaints about him, and I even referred him to my family. Unfortunately, they have bad credit right now, so they didn't go through it.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Rodriguez, We appreciate the fantastic review and are pleased that we could be of service to you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

At first, I don't know if I misheard or was misquoted, but when it came down to the downpayment of the house, my understanding was a little different from what I was told. But I will give the guy, Richard, a lot of credit. He went back and fixed it within the day. Everything was adjusted and went back to the original quote that I was told. When we put in the bid for this house that we're at now, everything went smoothly. Overall, everything was taken care of right away.

I was disappointed with our Realtor that AmeriSave appointed, though. To her credit, she started to tell us that she wasn't very experienced and that the reason she was doing it is that she was covering for the main guy that was out on vacation. She really didn't explain things. The other guy that I was first working with, was really good and awesome. He explained every detail about the house, the amount, and what you're getting into. I didn't know whether I could pick my own agent or I could stick with whatever Realtor I wanted. So, I thought I had to go with the person that was sent to us. That was why I stuck with her. I had to go to Richard a lot. Thank God he did have answers to a lot of stuff. He knew a lot and he was keeping me in the loop. Our agent wasn't really.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mario, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

We just refinanced with AmeriSave six months ago, then I sold the house. Once I got to the point of buying a new house, the new bank that I had been messing with told me that they couldn't make the loan happen, so I called AmeriSave. I felt a little more comfortable with them. They already had all my info and we got the ball rolling a little quicker. The loan originator was good, and AmeriSave did everything I asked.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Harrington, Thank you for allowing us to serve you again and for this great feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

AmeriSave's was the best rate. The only thing that I didn't like is that they ended up sending me a check to pay my car off because the rep said she didn't have all the information to forward the check to my finance company. But other than that, I worked with Darius and Kim and I enjoyed working with them. They were very patient and answered all my questions.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Scott, Thank you for your review. We are thrilled to hear that the service provided exceeded your expectations and hope that we have earned a customer for life! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

My husband and I were in the market to buy a house and AmeriSave contacted us after we were preapproved by another bank. The process was clear, transparent, and pretty quick. The only reason why it took us about eight weeks was that we were doing a direct sale. Other than that, it was a very short process. Blake's awesome. He was the rep we worked with and he was helpful, friendly, and supportive. He responds really well via text and whenever I had a question, even if it was outside of business hours, he would follow up just to make sure that I understood what was happening and that we felt comfortable.

Towards the end, when it was about getting the various detailed documents, the process got really repetitive. Every other day, we had to put up a new document. It would have been more helpful if there was one list and we could just get all of the documents and give it all at once rather than the daily whiplash of, “Okay. Today, you need to send this. And tomorrow, you need to send that.” It would have been helpful if it was consolidated.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Kandice Sumner, Thank you for allowing us to serve you and for this great feedback! We hope to have the opportunity to work with you again in the future. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

I worked with Brandon and everything was fine. The only problem I had was after we closed, I had checks coming in the mail and I didn't know how they were coming and when they were coming. But everything worked out fine.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Eddie Hopper, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

The AmeriSave rep blew everybody out of the water and was able to save us the most amount of money and gave us the best rate. Put $14,000 back in my pocket and did it with no money down. It was astronomical. Everybody else was quoting me way higher. He took his time. He was very calm, cool, and collected. Just made it an amazing experience and the entire way through.

They were on their game the whole time. Never had to call and find out where this paper was, where that paper was, and never had to worry about whether the stuff was going to be submitted or not and we never had to wait on AmeriSave. It was unbelievable. The application process was all online. It was fine because Ryan was five hours earlier than me because he was in Hawaii. Randy was the loan assistant and he was two hours ahead of us. It worked out perfectly because there was always somebody working on the loan at all times and it was just really easy.

Mr. Allen,

Thank you for completing this positive review about your experience with AmeriSave. We sincerely appreciate the kind words and cannot thank you enough for being an AmeriSave customer! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

I was happy with the rate and terms.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Sosin, We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and want to thank you for the kind words. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

The process with AmeriSave was everything it needed to be. It was professional and efficient which was important to me because I only had so much time.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Michelle, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Amerisave was the most understandable and the easiest lender that I can work with. I tried others. They took too long to approve me, and then they asked me too many questions that I couldn’t even understand. So it was easier for me to go AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jules Rezidor, Thank you for taking the time to share this positive post. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have been able to make this mortgage transaction smooth for you! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

AmeriSave was really good. Especially working with my loan officer, Leah. She was absolutely wonderful and provided a little extra information when I needed it and went over the top and made sure I understood what was happening. She made everything go smoothly. There's also an upload button in the portal, you upload the document you need to upload, so it was easy.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Corbin Blomquist, Thank you for your positive review. We are committed to providing an excellent mortgage experience for our customers and are delighted to read these kind words! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The process was smooth once everything was pre-approved. Christine was my agent with AmeriSave and she did a fantastic job with helping us through the whole process. We moved quickly and ended up closing in a very short amount of time (two and a half weeks). There was a lot of information and documentation in a very short amount of time. My only complaint was there was something that popped up and I wasn't notified until the 11th hour. Once that happened, with hitting our closing date, the problem became having to go through with JP Morgan and getting things cleared up from them. It was a hassle. I wish that we would have known about it earlier, so we could have been ahead of the game on that. If it would have been a normal 30-day close, that would have been something that could have been handled with more than enough time. There were certain individuals during the process that could have been a little bit more receptive or communicated better.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Bruno, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

The process went pretty straightforward and quick.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Gregory Gordon, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

I talked to customer service about some issues I had. They were very friendly and knowledgeable.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

This is my first time buying a home and my experience was wonderful. I like AmeriSave because they were responsive whenever I needed a answer. Sean was wonderful. She answered every question. She called me back when I needed her. She always kept in contact with me. The guy, Jamie, was good. I so enjoyed working with him because he was on top of things. Altogether, AmeriSave was very accurate when I needed something.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Evelyn Velazquez, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

The pre-approval process was pretty simple. For the most part, they would respond in a timely manner. But there were certain times when they didn't and it took a while for feedback. So it took a lot of pushing on my end to get things going. But Shawn was great. He was very helpful and he informed me a lot on the process and what was going on. He was able to work with me. I was a special circumstance. So it was a lot of work on both our parts. Overall, it was a fine process. AmeriSave is all right. But Shawn was the one who impressed me.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Cecilia Fields, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

AmeriSave was able to lock in a rate before the rates started going up. The first loan processor was good. Her name was Melissa. The second one was very pleasant. The problem was when Melissa left the company, we got the new loan processor and almost had to start all over again. I had to send the same documents over again which was frustrating.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Ricky Mcclure, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

The loan officer and the staff were pretty good. Most of the time, they were pretty reachable with respect to questions or to documentation requirements. Overall, it was a pretty smooth experience, considering the timeline that we were for closing.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Pratyush Anumakonda, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that our team had a positive impact on you. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

My representative, Phil, was upfront and didn't try to push anything on me. Even after-hours, he would call me back or send me a message if he was on another phone call. He was hands down one of the best people I’ve worked with. However, my underwriter was a little difficult. They would continuously delete items that they said they needed. Instead of calling me, they continued to delete items. At closing, they called to tell me they still weren't finished with the paperwork. They said they needed to call my boss and didn't have her number. Why didn't they ask me that previously instead of two hours after I was supposed to close? AmeriSave gave me one of the best rates but unfortunately, as I was getting ready to close, the rates dropped again, so I didn't qualify because the paperwork was already done.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Brandy Reagan, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I compared AmeriSave to Rocket Mortgage and Low VA Rates, and AmeriSave won out on their quote. The application process went faster than it could with the competitors. It was on a timely basis, and they backed up their word. Whatever they promised me, they delivered. The rate and terms are fair, and all is good.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Kelvin Gratton, Thank you for taking the time to share this positive post. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have been able to make this mortgage transaction smooth for you! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

The team was very easy to work with, and the rep, Jordan, took care of the process from start to finish. He did a great job, and I have nothing but respect for him. All my payments went through, and we’re good to go. I'd bring friends to AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Schwieterman, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

The online application process was very easy. The process was filing documents that were requested into the AmeriSave portal and repeatedly maintaining that document, adding documents as requested by underwriting. The rep we worked with was wonderful too. He was very communicative and stayed on top of things. It was not fun to deal with a refinance, but it wasn't bad. Use AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Zinn, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

I did a cash-out refinance, and my experience with AmeriSave was really good. It was quick and easy, and the rep was professional, really on top of it and let me know when things were needed.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Jens Jensen, We're glad to know that our team met your expectations. Thank you for sharing your positive experience. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

I would recommend AmeriSave. The application process was easy, and we worked with a good guy. Also, the rate and terms were really comparable for the time, for everybody.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Toni Douglas, Thank you for being a valued client of ours. Your feedback is very much appreciated. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

This is the first time I bought a house, and everything was super easy. AmeriSave's portal was really user-friendly, and I couldn't say enough good things about Sam, the rep. She called me and really walked me through everything. I was a little lost and she really broke everything down for me in a way I could understand. She's very knowledgeable, and she helped me out. She was also easy to contact and quick to get back to me when I called her. Overall, my experience was fantastic, and I would definitely tell friends to go with AmeriSave.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Juan Moreno, Thank you for taking the time to complete this review. We are happy to hear that AmeriSave was able to deliver a memorable experience and hope that in the future, we might have an opportunity to work with your friends and family. If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

The portal wouldn't accept the screenshots from the phone even though it says it will. It had to be PDF files almost every time. Other than that, everything went great. There was constant contact, and the reps were easy to get ahold of and work with.

AmeriSave Mortgage response

Mr. Rachal, Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! If you should need anything further, please feel free to contact Customer Care at customercare@amerisave.com or 1-888-700-4026.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information