4.62/5
  • 1 star
Based on 239 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

2282 AmeriSave Mortgage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Amerisave - The big online mortgage people!! Be careful. It’s better to go somewhere else who works on your mortgage application than this company where people are busy, don't return calls, give out immature information and behave like robots (not fully programmed!!) I had to deal with inexperienced people (loan office - Tim **, and loan processor - Holden **). These people have least information in what they work, not sure how the banking works (grr!!!).

Here is a simple example of the frustration I went through: For one of the check deposits in my account, they wanted me to show the deposit slips. This even after showing the copies check. I wrote to them that the deposit slips is a thing of past and no one uses deposit slips anymore as the deposits now can be done at ATM machine or via a phone. I read some of the very good reviews, but the people that I worked were lacking knowledge in mortgage and banking industry!! I tried to reach their manager, but was given a voice message!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

We are refinancing and consolidating ALL our debts. At day 7 we are going to underwriting if appraisal gets sent... granted we had all docs in and appraisal completed by day 5. We'll see, fingers crossed. If it goes through our monthly bills drop by over $1200. WOW.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Good fees and rates. Their origination process is good enough. Extremely poor loan-processing and underwriting process, a lot of unnecessary paperwork, very poor customer service. Their goal is to get you apply and locked in, they don't seem to care about you or closing of your property. AVOID.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

Everything is streamlined and controlled in one place online. Great experience! Keith **, Loan Originator and Tiffany **, Loan Processor are excellent at their jobs. I just started the loan application 10 days ago and my loan is in underwriting for the final approval today, Keith and Tiffany have both called today to say all requirements have been met, the overall cost came down by $300 due to a favorable appraisal and we should be closing within the week. I recommend Amerisave Mortgage to everyone in need of a mortgage or refi.

Original review: July 18, 2017

The efficiency, the ease, and the speed with which the process was accomplished was amazing! Both Suzanne ** and Nicole ** were a pleasure to work with. They were extremely competent, knowledgeable, and pleasant professionals who were ready to answer any questions we had. Not one call or email went unanswered, no matter what time or day it was. Suzanne made the online application process smooth, and actually enjoyable! Both Suzanne and Nicole facilitated a smooth transition from originator to processor; excellent professionals and a credit to your company! I also must mention that after much research, Amerisave's rates are the best we found. A pleasure to work with in every regard.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: July 11, 2017

This company will run you around for information. Once you give them and they will continue to ask for it, over and over again. They are very disorganized and have no quality checks in place. After dealing with them for over a year the closing finally happened. Now they aren't paying out the funds. The staff is very rude and they do not respond to requests in a timely manner. Do Not Ever Use this company.

Original review: July 1, 2017

We consolidate our 1st and 2nd mortgage with cash out. I'm not an expert and I thought that this process would be very tedious but since the beginning Conner ** and then Benjamin ** were very helpful answering my questions and debts. Always available on the phone or via email and we chose Amerisave because they offered us a good rate and no origination fees that other companies charge which saved us a couple of thousands. Very satisfied with Amerisave. I recommend them 100%.

Original review: June 30, 2017

We are very satisfied customers with Amerisave. The loan originator John ** and the loan processor Ben ** allowed us to get great rates, personable attention to our needs, quick follow-ups to our questions and close this loan with a perfect score on satisfaction. Great team. Thanks for all your work.

Original review: June 13, 2017

I love how the loan processor kept me informed of each step of the process. Her level of service and knowledge is impeccable, always available to answer any questions with politeness, knowledge and patience. Excellent Service to customers. The loan originator also delivered impeccable service. I would recommend agency to friends. I was very skeptical at first but he made me feel comfortable.

Original review: June 5, 2017

Your staff has been extremely courteous. I had several questions regarding this loan and they answered everything thoroughly and with a quick response. They kept me up to date on every step. In addition to your staff, your website is extremely helpful. It's well designed and easy to use.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I want to personally thank both Melody, Shamane for a wonderful experience we went through with Amerisave. I just am very impressed with how professional you two are. You both are the best of the best!!! I can't believe how easy and smooth everything went. From myself and my wife thank you very much!!!

Original review: May 31, 2017

I would like to thank Mr. ** and Mr. ** from Atlanta on helping me to achieve financing on my loan. 2 professional individuals that answered all my questions within a timely manner. Would recommend them to others trying to finance their homes.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Your review comments: People were very pleasant, kind and thoughtful. People were knowledgeable and conscientious. People were prompt, courteous and kind. Drew ** was outstanding. His expertise, patience and knowledge was paramount in getting my loans. Chris ** was tremendous in closing the loan. Always there, courteous and an asset in closing the loan. His abilities were a great asset in the loan.

Original review: May 31, 2017

One thing I would like to say that Loan professionals were real professionals and dealt with few hiccups with patience and great coordination among themselves. If I have to get another loan I would definitely go with Amerisave. Great Job done.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Mark ** and Ryan ** are very knowledgeable and have been extremely helpful. This process has been easy due to your great customer service. The upload portal is a helpful way of communicating what information is needed between the two parties and also the status of your loan.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I'm still in the middle of my mortgage process, but Amanda has kept me in the loop every step of the way with emails, as I requested. Forms were easy to download or sign on my phone, and I'm able to see how the process is going by clicking on one link. Thanks!

Original review: May 31, 2017

During my loan process, I felt Amerisave failed in communication, customer trust, understanding my needs, customer service, and valuing me a not just a customer, but a returning customer. I'll give them 2 stars - one because they closed on the loan and one because everything was online. However, the lack of communication, customer appreciation, and customer service will result in me not using Amerisave's services again.

One problem was documents were requested (and uploaded) multiple times. Occasionally documents would be deleted from my uploaded document list and be requested again. Other times the loan processor would state they could not view the document so I would download the document from Amerisave's site and then upload the exact document I downloaded. For 2 documents, contact information was provided as requested and followed up on by contacting my insurer and landlord. However, Amerisave asked me for these documents two more times even though they had the information.

A second problem I encountered was the inability to reach my loan processor leading up to a critical deadline. The processor stated that due to mismatched information between my paycheck and offer letter for a new job, the loan may not be approved. The day I had to decide to back out of the purchase contract or continue I was unable to reach the processor after leaving messages and emails. Additional calls were placed to the sales agent, sales manager, and two other processor, but it was not until 2:50 PM (70 minutes before I would have to cancel the purchase agreement) did I get the information I needed.

The lack of communication, lack of understanding of timeliness of updates, and other issues left me unable to trust Amerisave to come through for me. In the end, they were able to close on the loan, but not after I lost trust and tried to find other lenders to step in and possibly rescue me. Due to the loss of trust and stress involved during this closing, I do not see myself using Amerisave for another loan.

Original review: May 30, 2017

The loan originator and loan processor both were very proactive, thorough and responsive to answering question. I appreciate their professionalism. Most of the process has been paperless and online and I was originally concerned but to the point the process has been very smooth and I have no complaints and I have been waiting for negative issues but the process has been seamless.

Original review: May 30, 2017

Very responsive to questions and both Kelly and Jeremy were very knowledgeable about the process and protocol. I certainly would recommend Amerisave to others for a new mortgage or refinancing to a new loan. I'm a repeat customer and the service I received the last time was instrumental in choosing Amerisave over other lenders.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I began the application process on May 6 with a VA cash out refinance, and the loan received final approval with a confirmed date of closing 20 days later (May 25th). While the customer has to be prepared and provide requested documentation in a timely manner, in order to close a loan in less than 3 weeks requires employees who know what they are doing well, which was obvious in this case.

My first time using Amerisave was in 2011, and the employees I came in contact with during that process left such a positive impact, it became a very easy decision as to which mortgage company I would use this time. I put added pressure on the process in both cases due to having a very limited phone voice from previous throat cancer, requiring the majority of the communication either by email, text, or the AmeriSave online portal (which I think was awesome). I genuinely appreciate the fact that AmeriSave employees worked around this communication limitation as if it didn't exist. As mortgage needs surface in the future with family and/or friends, I would not hesitate recommending AmeriSave to meet those needs. This is a legitimate thank you.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Refinancing and debt consolidation with AmeriSave was easy and stress-free with little paperwork and great transparency in every step of the process. Agents were friendly and extremely helpful, explaining what was needed and how to obtain required documentation. I would recommend AmeriSave to anyone looking to refinance their home.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I highly recommend Amerisave. It took me 3 houses before I find the right house and Amerisave is so easy and convenient to use. I was working with Thomas ** and Brandy **. They were both very professional, easy to reach and available to answer my questions almost 24/7. They were very efficient and helpful to get things done. They both walked me thru all the steps in the loan process. I am truly happy and highly recommend both. Amerisave thank you. Amerisave website is very convenient. Your staff are excellent to work with. Thank you!

Original review: May 25, 2017

Amerisave was very professional and I would highly recommend them to my friends, neighbors and family. They quickly put my refinance together and made the process easy. The team kept me informed every step of way and were always available for my calls or were able to get right back to me.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Melody ** and Nicole ** were AMAZING!!! This was the most smoothest refinance we have ever done. When I called I got to speak directly to the person I was calling and if Melody or Nicole wasn't there they called right back. The process was 33 days!! Everywhere else I checked it was going to be 45-60 days to close. I've already shared my coupon to a friend and gave Melody and Nicole's phone number to the notary lady that came to our house. Closing costs were exceptional. Not like Bank of America and Summit Funding. Thank you sooo much Melody and Nicole and Amerisave!!!

Original review: May 25, 2017

Tim ** is a master of service. Quick to respond and action but willing to give you the space you need if/when shopping rates without breathing down your neck. We were very impressed! When they weren't able to match a rate we got elsewhere, they offered $1k after we close. They are an excellent alternative to the "big banks."

Original review: May 23, 2017

I was very pleased with the refinance process of our loan. Ken ** and Amanda ** were very friendly and professional. I will recommend Amerisave Mortgage Company to anyone I know looking to finance a home or refinance their loan. We received a very low rate and there were no out of pocket expenses.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Fast, professional, courteous! Respectful! Has been an amazing experience. Will never go anywhere else again. The gentleman that took care of us, was just that, a gentleman. We completely felt like customer service was #1. From start to finish, can't complain about one thing.

Original review: May 23, 2017

I had a lot of hesitancy in deciding to use AmeriSave because of all the older negative reviews. But their rates were consistently the lowest so I decided to go with it despite the hesitancy. The loan originator (Cindy) and processor (Ian) were extremely helpful and if I couldn't get a hold of them right away, they called back in a timely fashion. While there were some frustrating things that happened during the refinance, none of it was because of AmeriSave. They worked with me from start to finish and I couldn't be happier with the result. I will definitely consider them in the future.

My guess with all the older negative reviews is that a lot of folks aren't ready to refinance or purchase due to low credit or complicated work/life situations or just don't understand the process. Because of that, they might get rejected outright or underwriting needs to do a lot of research to figure out if they can approve their application. When that happens, it can drag on and folks don't like it so they complain. This was not my experience and I would gladly use AmeriSave again.

Original review: May 23, 2017

Well, the refinance process was less stressful than what I had anticipated. John ** was the first person I had interacted with. He patiently walked me through the online mortgage application process and answered all my questions and offered information that he felt was most helpful to me. He did not rush me to make decisions. No pressure, just information as I needed it. Chrystal ** was helpful and very forthcoming with pertinent information for me. She answers her phone when it rings. That's amazing. Most places do not have humans answering telephones. Thank you Chrystal. I am happy with the refinance experience provided to me.

Original review: May 22, 2017

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation, especially Ken ** and Ben ** have been an absolute pleasure to work with. We are in the process of closing two mortgage loans with them. They have exceeded my expectations throughout the entire process. Ken's communication and valuable advice as well as Ben's rapid responsiveness, key ability to anticipate and move the process along even when I needed a little push was unbelievable. Every interaction with them has been exceptional. I highly recommend AmeriSave especially these two professionals! I look forward to working with them again.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information