4.57/5
Based on 2,685 ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We made a decision to refinance our home with AmeriSave and signed the papers to begin the process. Within less than 5 minutes of signing, we decided that we had made a mistake due to the high costs of closing the deal. We called immediately to try to cancel our application. They said that was not possible. They kept our $500.00 deposit and we got NOTHING for that. I would have been happy to pay the deposit had we decided to cancel the process days or weeks into the refinance. This was less than 5 minutes. A decent company would have offered a refund or at least a partial refund. We worked with a different company. It was still worth the cancellation since we saved several thousand dollars in closing costs by working with a different company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I applied for a mortgage refinance through Wells Fargo a couple days ago. This company called 8 times today on my home phone number which is unlisted. I'd love to know how this company got my information.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Alberto ** with AmeriSave was very professional and helpful the whole time. I dealt with him and I would highly recommend him if you are considering a home loan or refinance. He can be contacted at **.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I was assured by Antonio that the buyer was fully qualified to make this purchase. I'm a Realtor and have the responsibility to help the seller make informed decisions. After several unanswered voicemails and emails and 23 days in process? The loan was declined. The reason provided was debt to income. That information should have been scrutinized from the beginning. Of course I'm upset that the loan didn't materialize and the buyer paid for inspections and appraisal but the worst was the lack of communication. No phone calls or emails were ever returned after the loan was in progress.

AmeriSave Mortgage response
Carol - Please contact our Customer Service Department with your customer information so we can further research your concerns.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Ripoff/robbery! This company took my $500.00 for an appraisal and said I qualified for a refinance loan. A month later the underwriter said I did not qualify for the loan and the agent I was working with will not respond to phone calls or emails. Even his boss will not respond to emails. I am filing every complaint I can against this company and understand this has happened to 71+ people. Shame on AmeriSave!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: July 24, 2019

I thought it was against the law to lie to the consumer so I have no idea how AmeriSave gets away with doing it. I wanted to file a complaint against them with the BBB and then noticed they already have 71 complaints. How can they still be operable. That's my question. Paul ** lied to me several times. He told me that I would receive the $470 appraisal cost returned to my credit card. I called before signing to verify this information and once again he assured me the money would be returned. He also told me that he overpaid my payoff by over 2,000 so that after I close that money would also come back. My previous mortgage company informed me that he had the correct amount all along. The figures kept changing almost daily before the final signing and in the end, I was duped. Beware of doing any business with this company.

Original review: July 18, 2019

The origination of my refi was easy but from there on it was difficult. It took 3 months to get done and by no fault of my own. Credit was good, got everything to them within 48 hours. They forgot to do the electric application with the VA and I had to tell them after following up with the VA about the hold up, then AmeriSave cleared me while I waited for a name change on the COE. During the last review AmeriSave decided they wanted an invoice to fix the walls of one of my 3 showers. Got them invoice in a day, then they decided they wanted it fixed or wanted the appraiser to change the appraisal.

We agreed to fix it and they would pay final inspection fee. We fixed it over the weekend and it got cleared. However not only did they not pay for it but they double charged me. I’ve left messages and emails and not a single person has addressed it since my loan closed. I suggest you rethink using this company. Communication was very difficult throughout the process. I understand the underwriting process can be frustrating and I’ve used VA loans before but this by far the most difficult.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I dealt with an agent named Robert ** who felt certain I would qualify for a refinance... Not taking any money out, just wanted lower rate. He immediately requested $500.00 to which I said, "Ok. If you cannot get me refinanced I will get my money back, right!" Robert said, "yes," and we should have no problems; this was around May 2, 2019 and now in July they notified me that they could not do the refinance for me. I have been asking Robert for the refund for several weeks now with no response? AmeriSave, you need to train your agents to qualify people before taking the money, if I have $500.00 to throw around it would be for one of the many missionaries I know and support. Thank you for responding.

Sylvia

Original review: July 2, 2019

I heard from the Rep multiple times a day when we were in the process of getting the loan. We have tried email, phone call to rep and phone call to company. We were told we would have funds by June 28th. As soon as they received payment communication stopped. Horrible customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2019

For the past few days, AmeriSave has been calling my office line at least 5 times a day. It's an automated recording that then connects you to a person if you stay on the line. The recording advises you to press 7 to unsubscribe, but doing so does nothing. Tried explaining to the rep that they are calling a business, she promptly hung up on me. A few hours later, they are calling again from a different number so you can't block their calls altogether. Horrible way to do business, I would never do business with a company who uses telemarketer and scam tactics to get you on the phone, and refuses to take you off their call list.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information