2. Mortgages
Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.85/5

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
View More View More
AmeriSave Mortgage Call Now Toll Free (866) 815-0655
Call Now Toll Free

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 8, 2020

I started the process of refinancing my home with Amerisave on April 1st. I have wasted five weeks while going through a very cumbersome process. We were supposed to be less than one week from closing when I was informed that my trust documents were not exact. Keep in mind my trust is certified through a legal expert and documented at the courthouse. Amerisave wanted to do a quick claim deed to process the loan and they had already contacted my insurance company to be listed as the lien holder on my property. This is not the company you need to select and will charge you an upfront $500 application process fee that now they do not want to credit. Do not engage with this company.

Original review: May 7, 2020

This would be a ZERO star review had it been allowed on the website. I spoke with Ben **, a mortgage loan officer at AmeriSave. He is the most arrogant person that I spoke with. I told him that at he same interest rate of 2.375%, Better Mortgage has a Loan Origination charge of about $1K versus AmeriSave's Loan Origination of $6K. He then told me that comparing AmeriSave with Better Mortgage is like comparing apples to oranges, and that Better mortgage has bad customer service. He also mentioned that Better Mortgage has people that are like "working in their basements". When he bad-mouthed a competitor instead of offering a better deal, that should have been a sign for me to end the call.

Ben ** then asked me why I selected the 2.375% rate when the website shows that the Origination Charge is upwards of $6K. I told him that I was under the impression that the $6K on the website is the total loan cost. He then talked down to me and told me that he has not talked to anyone before who does not know what an Origination Charge is.

Ben ** has very poor customer service. The only good thing I got from this interaction with Ben ** is that Better Mortgage is way BETTER than AmeriSave. Better Mortgage has obviously better customer service, and Better Mortgage has the lowest Origination Charge (at about $1K). So if you have been contacted by AmeriSave, don't just bother to take the call or respond to their email. Instead, try Better Mortgage.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I received a call from AmeriSave Mortgage Corp, they offered their services by helping me refinance my home. I was contacted by a Loan Originator by the name of Atif ** (NMLS ID #1168). I kept in contact with him about what needed to be done in order to have my property refinanced. At the same time I was browsing other lenders to see what would be the best deal for me. On one of my calls with Atif I notified him that my husband wanted to wait and see other lenders. He replied by telling me that I should just lock in the interest being offered to me with a deposit of $500.00. What he didn't say was that my deposit was Non Refundable. In the case that I would choose to go somewhere else they would KEEP MY MONEY!.

My husband decided not to do business with them because they were from out of state. I contacted Atif thinking that he would return most of my money. That's when he told me that the deposit was Non Refundable. Why didn't he fully disclose that information before my deposit was made! That was so conniving, unethical and unprofessional. Please read all information given to you electronically before signing any agreements. I will never do business with this company again. I hope others will read and learn from my experience.

Original review: April 30, 2020

Applied for the refinance on February 27, 2020. In the beginning Mr. Robert **, the loan originator was good in taking the application, but later on he started changing his word about disclosures excluding escrow which I requested at the beginning. He changed the rates just for his mistakes but I compromised at that point. It took over 30 days after my application got approved by the underwriting and he was not paying any attention. When I urged for updates there came up the loan processor Leslie. She started asking for several documents again and again. Another 30 days gone and finally I came to know they declined for no reason I ever heard. It was my worst experience ever like a nightmare. They took over two precious months meanwhile I could have qualified for a lower APR. I never recommend this company.

Original review: April 29, 2020

I started the process of refinancing my home with Amerisave in February. Due to the coronavirus things like inspections and appraisals went rather slow but I had immediately signed a rate lock at 3.8% when we started the process. Finally we were going to Close the last week of April the day before I was supposed to pay my current mortgage which they had told me not to pay because they had included it in the payoff amount. After not hearing from them I decided I better call and see how things were going. All of a sudden there was a problem with my loan. My rate had jumped up to 4.375% which was the same rate I already had with my current mortgage. I'm glad I decided to call so I can cancel the whole process and just pay my mortgage on time instead of listening to them and not paying it at all this month.

I am now sticking with my current lender and am extremely upset at Amerisave because they were misleading and had no problem with my home or mortgage rate until the last possible moment. So basically the rate lock is a scam and means absolutely nothing to anyone at this company. Just because you sign that piece of paper means absolutely nothing when closing rolls around.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: April 25, 2020

Although Amerisave mortgage has a lot of good comments and treatment, there are a few of us that had not been treated properly and taken advantage of as far as keeping your upfront fee of $500, plus $500 for an appraisal. Most mortgage companies I've dealt with do not take an upfront fee to start a loan process and never refund it. They assist you with finding a loan you can afford and qualify for. Even if you wanted to borrow $100K, if they see your income is not sufficient enough to afford it, work with the customer so every customer is qualified and happy.

After all documents were sent, the agent and underwriter should know if you qualify or not. Call or email and discuss lowering the amount. I have good credit although it is much, but it would have helped to pay the creditors off. I have full equity in my home, more so than what I asked for. Soon after the appraisal came in, the loan was denied and I lost both fees paid for a total of $1000 on my credit card. I've tried numerous times to call, left messages to Mr M. **, and emailed him several times to NO RESPONSE! Now, I've written my complaint to the corporate office. I have yet to hear from them of this solution. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY'S PRACTICES!!

Original review: April 13, 2020

There is nothing wrong of selling mortgage but to take the credit report of anyone who is just shopping for mortgage or trying to find your interest-rate should not be necessary or even legal. The customer should first know your interest rate (Ok, list it for each credit score) and closing fees before you even start selling anything. Taking a credit report and costing the customer a few points on his/her credit score should not be legal. Folks: do not apply to any company who do not spell their interest rate right on the front page. After their deceptive way of taking my credit report (and consequently reducing my credit score), I was told that they do not finance people with more than 3 properties! I have not even came to know their interest rate!

Original review: April 9, 2020

I went through Lending Tree which I thought was a reputable way to find a home refinance, they had suggested Amerisave so I spoke to Rick ** from Amerisave on 3/28/2020. They require a $500 application fee, once they charged my card, I have not heard from them since. I'm appalled and do not know what to do since they have all of my personal and financial information. I want to cancel and receive a refund, I do not know if I can find another loan officer and proceed with a refi with this hanging over me. NEVER go with them. They are frauduant and a SCAM! Amerisave address shows a Georgia address.

Original review: April 3, 2020

AmeriSave Mortgage has offered very competitive rates. They are efficient and their agent was very upfront on the costs and benefits of each option of our home refinance. The total transaction was completed in 16 days. The speed of this transaction was based on the fast response of the client and the ability to scan and transmit accurate documentation. Current loan processing times may be impacted by the current glut of applications. We highly recommend this company.

Original review: March 31, 2020

Don't waste your time with this company... They give you informal quote too good to be true and once they have your information they will increase costs within 10 minutes of giving you the initial estimate. Very unethical and cheater.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information