2. Mortgages
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.13/5

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Housing Lender. NMLS ID #1168.

AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation Gallery (4)
View More View More
AmeriSave Mortgage(866) 815-0655

AmeriSave Mortgage Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Our loan originator - Nabeel ** - well-represents AmeriSave. From our first phone conversation - observed him to be quite knowledgeable - professional and pleasant. He remained in contact throughout the refi process. We are pleased not only with his high-level of customer service - but the overall experience with AmeriSave. Thanks!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Updated on 01/08/2020: After a careful review of AmeriSave contract to refinance I noticed that the refinance amount was for $304,000 and my current principal on the property was only $274,912. A difference of $30,000. This is no way a good deal to refinance for only a monthly savings of around $200 per month when paying $30,000 more! This to me seems like a scam altogether. First I was promised no more PMI which never happened! Then I was charged $500 for a bogus appraisal and all the unnecessary document requests that took over 4 months to get to this point. Stay away from AmeriSave! There are over 70 complaints in reference to the same complaint that I'm filing. Please advise if there will be an class action lawsuits. Mark **

Original Review: Requested refinance service with AmeriSave back in August and all seemed good with the initial process along with the new quoted mortgage payments. 2 weeks go by with a number documents that had to be signed. An appraisal company (Royal Appraisals) hired by AmeriSave came out to the house and appraised my property significantly low even with recent upgrades of approximately $70,000. AmeriSave took two weeks to contact Royal Appraisals only for them to return and give the same appraisal. Another two weeks go by and no updated appraisal report was sent to AmeriSave. AmeriSave showed a Lack of attempts and initiative to get the updated appraisal report. Once the appraisal report was sent, AmeriSave did not notify me via email or phone to advise that I had to acknowledge and sign the new disclosure forms for the refinance.

A week went by until I logged onto the site and discovered it myself. All new disclosure forms and additional documents were all signed, scanned and email to two representative (S. **) and still no acknowledgment that the documents were receive. Pay the extra cost for a quality company to avoid the aggravation and poor customer service that AmeriSave provides.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I Applied online and they pulled my credit, though I had been approved by another Bank I just needed a second opinion. I emailed some of my documents to Nicole in Georgia who advised she would review and get back to me within 24 hrs, 4 days passed and she was not returning call, I thus contacted customer satisfaction who advised Nicole's manager would be reaching out to me that afternoon- well that is 3 days ago.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Nothing but delays and poor communication. Started loan process on 10/1. Sent them EVERYTHING they needed on 10/3. Since then, have been asked for same information on multiple occasions. On 10/3, executed Title Company release. Crickets since then. TODAY (10/30) then send a new Title Company release for a different company. 27 days lost. Not OUR job to monitor their poorly performing Title Company. You would think the Loan Officer would be doing something for their commission. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I agreed to pay the 500.00 application fee based on the rate I was offered and signed to. I get an appraisal and the appraisal company low balled my home and it came in over 25k less. They wanted to offer me a much higher rate, and I declined. I asked, why don’t you collect the application fee after the appraisal? They could not answer. Horrible experience, waste of time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

Just like many others, I applied for a re-fi on my home. In good faith, after discussing the terms with Julio **, I handed over $500 that was to be including in the loan when the loan went thru. After being rushed to lock a rate, after getting an appraisal on the WRONG house, not even in the same state, after NEVER hearing from him once he had my money, after being approved, after refusing to contact the title company that I chose as stated in the contract, after 2 closings came and went, after MULTIPLE unanswered phone calls and emails, after the original terms were changed to such a ridiculous amount of fees that I could NEVER afford nor agree to, after asking me to look at the appraisal I had looked at 3 times already, after asking for the survey that was already in his hands, after 3 MONTHS went by, I filed a report to have my $500 returned.

He immediately responded THEN!!! Telling me my loan had been denied because of "incompleteness" even though I had been on top of getting him every single document he needed. His email stated that the "incompleteness" was me backing out. He SET ME UP. A HUGE, HUGE SCAM!!! I believe he had every intention to lure me in and then raise the rates so I would not be okay with the terms and he could keep the money. Some people may have had a positive experience with this company, but if you do your research, you will find many, many others like myself, who have not. Check out all the consumer advocate sites and you'll find that the above practice has happened over and over, again. It costs them 19.8 million back in 2014.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have a number of issues with AmeriSave that culminated in me canceling my entire application. When I first started the loan process, I spoke with a loan officer who started an application with an old address which I had sold a month prior. When I realized he might be using an old address, he transferred me to another loan officer who can originate loans in my new state. This loan officer was rude, inattentive, pushed his personal agenda, didn't address my questions, and ultimately refused to take any responsibility when I attempted to address some of my concerns with him, and told me "that's your opinion". I requested a new loan officer, and my big complaint was a lack of follow through. I needed to close in 30 days on a cash out refinance, and just got strung along, reassured it would not be a problem.

I submitted all requested documents within 12-24 hours, but they just failed to deliver, and still refused any responsibility. Their appraiser took 2 weeks to get the appraisal scheduled and delivered. Their underwriting process, took 2 weeks, and was going to take at least 2-3 more weeks. At my loan officer said they were just busy and its no one's fault. I completely disagree, there are dozens of residential appraisers that could have turned around their report. If their loan volume is pushing close dates beyond 30 days, they should hire more staff. Their loan officers could be proactive communicating with clients to establish expectations and revised timelines. In the end, I canceled my entire application. When a business repeatedly fails to deliver and then takes no personal responsibility, I can't in good conscience recommend them, and in fact, others should be warned and be prepared for the experience they may encounter.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Brad ** messaged me thanking me for wasting his time after learning I decided to go with a different mortgage lender. Although I did not go with Amerisave in the end I was incredibly disappointed and would never recommend Amerisave to anyone after receiving such a rude message from Brad **. Very unprofessional.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

We made a decision to refinance our home with AmeriSave and signed the papers to begin the process. Within less than 5 minutes of signing, we decided that we had made a mistake due to the high costs of closing the deal. We called immediately to try to cancel our application. They said that was not possible. They kept our $500.00 deposit and we got NOTHING for that. I would have been happy to pay the deposit had we decided to cancel the process days or weeks into the refinance. This was less than 5 minutes. A decent company would have offered a refund or at least a partial refund. We worked with a different company. It was still worth the cancellation since we saved several thousand dollars in closing costs by working with a different company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I applied for a mortgage refinance through Wells Fargo a couple days ago. This company called 8 times today on my home phone number which is unlisted. I'd love to know how this company got my information.

AmeriSave Mortgage Company Information