3.63/5

510 World Education Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 28, 2019

It took them them three weeks to tell me they hadn't accepted the translation provided by my university (even though it was mentioned as an option on the website for "required documents"). Only after I sent the certified translation the 20 days processing time started. Very frustrating to lose basically 4 weeks when the ECA is the last missing document you need to continue to the next step. However, in the end the result was very satisfying.

Original review: April 28, 2019

So I gave my and my spouse's educational docs evaluation. In my wife's case, it happened smoothly, but in my case they asked me to submit degree certificate which I guess I wasn't too sure of. But after it was submitted they were really quick and prompt. You can look at their tracking status easily and the website is too user friendly. Loved it. Would recommend it over any other institution as with friends' experience with others, WES is the best. Aoi: customer service can be better, please share sample of what you want, should allow people to send directly as colleges in India are super slow and non responsive.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Mentioned time frame for the evaluation was accurate and information provided was reliable. My certificate was evaluated and was quick on the updates. Over all I am happy with World Education Services.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I'm got my Bachelor of Science abroad, in the Netherlands, and was required to use WES to 'translate' my transcript and diploma to apply to grad school in the US. Not only does WES have virtually no Customer support, but has a 20+ minute wait on the phone, and usually won't disclose or solve the problem on the phone! Additionally, the service provided was EXPENSIVE AS ALL HELL!!! You pay for 'verification', 'translation' and on top of that, you have to pay additional fees for shipping for EACH RECIPIENT. That wouldn't be a big deal if the service wasn't 300 DOLLARS!!!

Additionally, the 'translation' from European (Specifically DUTCH) grading system to the American one was devastatingly inaccurate. I've seen GPA calculators on free websites with more tact and care to understand the grades than this supposedly "high quality, reliable service" that WES claims to provide. From a GPA of 3.8 in the Netherlands to a 2.8 on the American one, and that considering the Education level in Europe is by standard a bit higher than in the US.

There's no info on their site on how to dispute grades, contact them or even check if your package was received by the school/employer. If the package was "shipped" on X day, the site will say it was received that day, which is entirely false. I hope there are better options out there. This should be literally your last resort. Good luck out there.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Instructions on how to lodge documents for evaluation made the whole process easy for me. However, WES should try and find ways to streamline the whole process even further to avoid having to send documents manually - can use technology for instance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Original review: April 26, 2019

I finished my credential qualification process but I realized later that it was just the beginning, they did not provide the option of course to course qualification option, it is available only after you got your report. That means if you want to upgrade you need to send your paper again with course description and pay again for the DHL fees.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Getting documents evaluation from the WES was a great experience, however, I would suggest to WES to improve the query response time and to clients that initiate the process a bit early than the required time, as it takes long to process the documents.

Original review: April 26, 2019

It is unfortunate to observe in my ECA that I was given 1 year Post Graduate Diploma Course equivalency for my 2 years full-time MBA from Symbiosis International University, Pune. However, the other such ECA issuing organizations consider it as Master Degree equivalency for the same. This lack of uniform practices and standards across the similar purposeful organization is not acceptable for the genuine candidates.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Keeping in mind my education is equivalent to Canada when you have to migrate Canada for job or PR this portal helps to stand in market with your equivalency, I think this is best to stand out with your degree in market with letter provided through WES.

Original review: April 26, 2019

The website helps candidates through the complete process. However, the FAQ section and the online service form are insufficient to provide resolutions to the queries of the candidates. Online services form helps you receive a response, but that takes time of around 48 hours or more. An overseas applicant may feel helpless in such cases. Twitter blog of WES helps candidates get quick responses but they too are unable to provide clarification in some cases. In such cases, you have nowhere to approach to and have to wait until reports are generated so as to take further actions.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I got my evaluation in a good time without any problem. It was easy and simple to do. All the process was simple, and I didn't have any problem to understand all steps. The status update could be a little better and faster.

Original review: April 25, 2019

My experience with WES was awesome as it was provided me with all the information I required from the time I submitted the application. All the stages were notified and was I was updated. Thank you WES for your help and support.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Fast, reliable and affordable. Customer service was good and fast. They provided all the details online as well that was very easy to understand By anyone. You can able to track your status and view your credentials online.

Original review: April 25, 2019

It may be expensive, but it is necessary. As an immigrant wanting to be licensed in my field of study in the US, it is necessary to have my credentials evaluated for its equivalent in the US so I chose WES which is referred and preferred by many. Instructions are easy to follow for the submission of necessary documents for evaluation and the ease of online payments as well as login to their website to get updates on applications as well as the evaluated credentials are stored for future use and can be ordered again without going thru square one.

Original review: April 23, 2019

It was necessary for me to have my teaching certificate, which I earned in Glasgow, Scotland in 1990, and my MFA, which I earned through an American university. In 2015, evaluated through WES for a teaching position in the Northwest Territories in Canada. The process was simple and fast. I was pleased with the results, and I recommend WES to anyone in need of such a service.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I have applied for my ECA evaluation for immigration with WES. They updated the status my evaluation is completed but electronic report is not official and the status remains the same for two weeks now. I have contacted the customer service to provide me a link to download PDF version of the report but they responded saying apply for duplicate. It doesn't make any sense. If I need duplicate hard copy then I will apply but it's my right to ask for PDF version which they won't provide me.

Original review: April 22, 2019

4 months and the review still going on. I applied for my credential evaluation on December 29. Got original documents from university and mailed them myself. After 2 months they say that documents must come from university. Had my university mail the documents and they reached WES March 22nd. I called them the very same day and confirmed that they received it. They said that the evaluation will be complete in 35 days from March 22nd. I called them again today (April 22nd), they say they are still reviewing if the documents are okay or not. Once that review is done they say it will take another 35 business days to complete the evaluation. Been almost 5 months since I started this process and now I regret going to WES for evaluation as my immigration plans kept delaying because of this company. Worst company ever.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Maintained a very good turnaround time throughout the process. Provided the status on time which is crystal clear and guided on what to do next. Always kept the promised timelines. WES website is the easiest and simplest thing that I recently dealt with.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I used WES services for credential evaluation. The website/portal is very user friendly. WES keeps the status of an application updated at all the times. It was quite easy to track the status of my application. The WES portal offers extensive FAQs and easy to find answers. Overall I would highly recommend WES services.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Evaluation process was easy and done well. Step-by-step information really helps: preparing, sending, receiving. I am happy to have my diplomas evaluated by WES. Will recommend this service, thanks from Ukraine.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I found WES to be helpful in evaluating my education credentials and they worked efficiently towards the report. I recommend it 100%ly. The timings with which I received my report and the tracking of report via email sent by WES helped in giving me satisfaction that someone is there taking care of my credentials.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Very low efficiency and bad custom service. It takes forever to get anything done with this company. And they can't do anything about this whenever you call the customer service. I don't understand why this kind of organization still exists in the world at all.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Por favor, warning, do not do it. If you are about to make business with World Education Services (WES). Stop. Don't do it. You may lose your potential job, school or whatever process you are applying for. Do not do it.

Original review: April 19, 2019

According to my experience as a customer they are very loyal to their words. They offered me a quality service with affordable price. I am sure that they can do beyond this. I will recommend other people to choose WES.

Original review: April 19, 2019

WES is most preferred academic evaluation service provider for Express Entry Canada. Their website offers clear guidance on how to avail the service, payment, tracking and going through the entire process. My application was well worked out, though report took a bit longer than expected - partly to blame that Mumbai University B.Com transcripts have a different attestation requirement. Their landlines are bit busy and might take a long wait times - 20 mins. Email/online form responses take 2 days. But considering other evaluation service providers have a too long report delivery timelines, I guess WES had done pretty decent in the whole process

Caution: please don't try to cheat the system by sending fake documents, while they will find it, it would create trouble to others from the region. The point in case: some from Punjab submitted fake documents, defaming Punjab University, India and creating more stringent norms of sending documents for rest of Indians. Good luck with your evaluation.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I am Pakistani working in Qatar seeking immigration to Canada. WES own fees is acceptable for accessing but once your educational document becomes acceptable for WES it already gets very expensive. Standards of WES are such that many institutions or individuals make money in sub continent. Somehow it is mandatory for accuracy and preciseness. But procedures in native countries are beyond WES control and people mint money from genuine candidates.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I started my Education Credentials Assessment with the World Education Services in January 2019 and was surprised that they had my evaluation done by February. That's very timely. I was also very satisfied by the way the World Education Services highlighted the status of my credentials in every step of the way. The report in itself is very self-explanatory and straight to the point so that everyone can understand.

Original review: April 18, 2019

The process of the evaluation is swift and prompt. At each step, I received a notification about the update and got a final mail about the report completion date. My evaluation completed 4 days earlier than the date I was communicated and the report I received was also swift albeit being an international delivery. Happy with the experience!

Original review: April 18, 2019

WES I will say knows what they want from the applicant to complete the evaluation so I give them a thumbs up. I also think they are also fair in every step they take in asking for documents from applicants and then verifying from the institutions of the applicants.

Original review: April 18, 2019

It would be helpful if the process complete in lesser time. My entire process of transcripts posting from University to WES report update has taken 75 days including postal delay. If you shorten the WES process, the applicant can save time from unavoidable delays.

World Education Services Company Information