2.81/5

394 World Education Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have applied to WES to get my education credentials assessment as per global standards in Oct 2018. Till the time my application still on hold. History: my universities both undergrad and post grads issued my transcripts in a sealed envelope and I courier to WES Canada. They received my documents and straight away they put on hold saying they sent documents to be verified from my universities. Here I'm not understand, why the universities need to verify documents which were issued by themselves. Anyway, took it granted and paid fee at my universities to verify and reply them. However, they rejected the both replies saying they haven't sent in a format which WES accepts. Somehow I managed to speak and plead my academicians at university and they replied with the details WES require.

And then again status changed to in progress and then to hold. When I called WES to know what is the problem again they say not in right format and they can't reveal exact format to applicant. And at my university they say, they don't know which format to send and moreover they say, “We will only send as per our university norms.” Now, WES is clearly not bothered to move my application. Do they need my attendance sheet of those 6 years from universities to verify my genuinity? I am one of the toppers throughout my education, not even a single failure and here this WES is suspecting and holding my credentials. It seems someone crushing my future. Someone, Please suggest.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

According to the delivery notice of the WES website my documents were received by WES at Jan 14, and the processing time of the application is 7 business days. Now, after 15 days I have called the call center asking for a response and they told me the 7 days is after reviewing the documents, and they do not know how long it would take for them to start reviewing the documents. Believe me I would give them 0 if I had the option. IF THE PROCESSING TIME IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU DO NOT WORK WITH WES.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I started my application to assess my degree with this organization and I paid the whole amount but I decided to cancel my application without any evaluation being done on it. And according to their cancellation policy I was meant to be refunded most of my payment. But when I emailed them about it they just canceled my application and I received no refunds from them!! They don't even reply to my emails anymore and I find it really terrible and unsatisfactory customer service!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

After creating my profile on their website, I found out what were the next steps to be done. After I sent all my documents and as they received it they notified me that they have received all my documents and all my documents are proper, they gave me the date when will I receive my evaluation report and they were on time. The money which they charge is a bit expensive but still worth it. I'm highly recommending WES for educational credential evaluation.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

WES is good and it is acceptable and known to accept any valid certificate from the institution that award them and also send the credentials for approval to detect Fraud. I'm happy with their service. I hereby recommend their service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I am happy to chose WES for credential verification and expecting for a valuable result of it in future for my career also. As this is my first experience and will surely ask other friends to process with the same. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have sent my Academic records for ECA around September 2018. After receiving the transcripts they have sent the mail to the university for second verification. But one of my degree is in verification pending state for almost 3 months. Whenever I send mails regarding this I'm getting an automated mail or copy pasted content. They are not even reading the content of my mails just they are copy pasting some status. In my case I verified with my university, they are claiming that they didn't receive any such mails from WES. And even they provided some mail ID to reach the university in case if WES need any response from University. I'm keep on sending mails regarding this but always receiving some copy pasted status messages irrelevant to my mails. It's been 5 months now. For ECA I believe WES will be the worst option to choose from my experience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I am happy with my WES experience. The level of professionalism exhibited by the team is quite commendable. From start to finish my concerns were handled well and timely responses provided. Their online tools were of great help too.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Thank you WES for the overall processing regarding my Credentials Assessment. I was a little hesitant of how to submit and how long should it take. However, the crystal clear instruction in the website helped me doing it entirely myself. The overall processing time was also real quick - around a month! Thank you again!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Not satisfied at all! I had applied for ECA through WES and as per their requirement I have sent all the documents. After that they kept my file status “On Hold” and sent documents for verification to my university i.e. Delhi University. They continued this for another 6 months resulting in non-delivery of report and delayed process. Thus, my experience with WES was very bad. I am working as a Government Servant from past 10 years and with utmost honesty and integrity, I have submitted my documents to WES along with a request to Delhi University for sending transcripts to WES. However, I am still falling short of understanding their need of verifying the authenticity of my documents.

To my astonishment, when I asked status to WES, they responded, ‘that due to number of fraud applications they are doing this verification.’ In the end, they cancelled my WES report order and on the other hand, I got positive ECA report through other government body with same education credentials. All the problems that WES is facing is understandable but just because of few people, I am facing worst experience with WES. I would never recommend any immigration seeker to assess their education related credentials through WES because I don’t want that others suffer unnecessarily. There are other Canadian bodies as well. Guys you can precede with them but never opt for WES.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My evaluation was done on DEC 11 on 2019, and still waiting for the docs. Many times I had been communicated with them and nobody give me an answers just I will write a ticket. Worst case scenario they want me to pay for a duplicate without receive the first one. They suck.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Credit evaluation done by WES is not only value for money, but it is also very much acceptable in US universities. WES does its processing in a standardized way which is easy to follow; The website provides accurate information about what documents are needed to complete this evaluation.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I had a wonderful experience while applying for an evaluated transcript with WES. The process was smooth and thorough and I was able to achieve the aim of acquiring the much needed result. I am grateful to WES for the good service delivery. I enjoyed and how the process was hitch free.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Expensive: It is absolutely expensive as the documents just need verification, if the Canadian government needs assurity that the documents are genuine then they should pay for it. Lack of clarity: There was no proper clarity for the candidate or the consultant what all and how it needs to be attested and they keep on changing the rules again and again, after sending the documents they send an email we require other documents as well then why don't they clarify it in the start itself. Extremely time consuming: The documents were sealed by the university and after receiving they take 20 working days to analyze and verify which is very time consuming as the university also takes that much time and then the delivery takes another 4-5 days so the candidate has just wait for 2 months just to get the verification and get the report which is a clear waste of time.

Solution: They should come up with more easy ways to cut out the time... like make a centralised software system where after the government authorisation they can review the candidate documents on a website which the university send to the WES after the candidate has submitted for attestation and only universities and credential assessment institutes are given the access so they know the degrees uploaded are genuine from the university and we can save on at-least a month and a lot of money.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Nonexistent customer service, too easy to get caught up in a document mailing circle due to unclear instructions and total lack of understanding of the educational context in foreign candidates countries. Very unhelpful.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The WES credential evaluation service is quite straightforward and a faster process which seems well streamlined. However, support from the university also matters on the total outcome of this process.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I applied to various schools in the US for a masters degree admission in architecture and they required transcript evaluation and suggested WES. So I got registered, followed the instructions on the website and although it was demanding and took quite some time, it was all good as I could track the progress of evaluation easily and WES dispatched my package to the schools promptly. And it can come in handy in the future, very important.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I sent my documents to WES office in Toronto from outside Canada, it took them 3 days to be delivered. Once documents delivered to WES office, their portal was updated that they received the documents and they are reviewing them. After two days, they update their portal that I have submitted the right documents and no action needed from my side, all that I have to do is to wait till my documents will get evaluated. Within 7 working days, my documents were evaluated and the report was issued in a perfect timeframe for such process.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Paying attention to key detail and making sure the document you have submitted is original document by sending a copy to the institution for verification and authentication before proceeding to evaluate your document. This process takes a while but you are told what you have to and not do while you wait for the process to complete. Because of the due diligence they attach to the whole process, most institution prefer WES and the outcome is very satisfactory.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Overall Experience with WES was quite professional, really appreciate the overall system and time it took for degrees evaluation. From initial interface to submission of documents till final results everything was smooth.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

This was my first experience going through a credential evaluation process. Coming from a 3rd world country, one is skeptical about what to expect and whether the credential is even worth anything. The WES online portal and email communication gave me confidence that paperwork going overseas would reach its destination and within a matter of weeks going into a busy festive season (which would take several months in my country), I received feedback and credential clearance. This is a relief and found my experience with WES seamless and highly efficient.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I am exceedingly happy with my experience with WES. The instructions they provide and the updates in the account during processing was really helpful to know the status of my package. The time taken for the evaluation was really convincing and I've received my report before the date they've mentioned.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I used other assessment companies and they still did not returned my emails in person or provided me with my assessment report. I used WES and I received my results. As for the other companies I am still waiting.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was introduced to choose WES by a friend of mine here in Edmonton Canada. It was fast and easy for me. And easy to assess and track my application and I received the certificate complete in my mailbox.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Though it may take you some time to process and complete the review of the document, it is quite useful for users outside the U.S. You can show your degree to others on social media, such as LinkedIn, and people from different countries would acknowledge your education background, which I believe will be helpful for my future career. On the other hand, if you have any question, you can receive a prompt reply from the WES service system. It is quite user-friendly.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

The website shows 2 options to send the transcript to WES. One of them is the institution gives the envelope to the student to send to WES, but in the Portuguese version of the "Academic Records Request Form" require that the institution should send the envelope to WES directly, and the English version DID NOT request it. So my school does not want to release it for me! English version: 3) Sign and seal the envelope across the back flap. Portuguese version: 3) Assine e sele o verso do envelope e envie-o diretamente para o World Education Services. ((3) Sign and seal the back of the envelope and send it directly to World Education Services). I contacted WES by phone to try to understand why the form is different, and the staff was VERY rude! So I just gave up to work with WES, and as an international student, I will never recommend them!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

All my credentials (both undergraduate and postgraduate) were well evaluated with excellence in service delivery. In addition, I was given a digital badge for my electronic documents authentication online, that's indeed awesome.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

It was an excellent experience for getting my credentials evaluated. The process was clear and fast and we received our evaluation reports well in time and within the promised timeline. We contacted the office once but overall everything went smoothly.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

They are honest and highly professional in their profession. I am impressed the way they deal with customers is quite professionally. WES is extremely good in organization. I wish them to have high progress in their future programmes. Best of luck. God bless you all.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I decided to go to college, so I had to get my high school transcript evaluated cause I study HS in Mexico. The process was easy to understand. Luckily I had a family member go to the HS and had them ask for my transcript in a seal envelope and ask them that before the school administrators seal the envelope to please make copies of all the documents inside the envelope. Once my family had the seal envelope and copies they mail it to me by DHL.

Once I got them here I had the documents translated and then I mail them all together the seal envelope, my diploma and the translated documents to WES. I had pay for a course by course evaluation but since it was a HS Diploma they only do documents by documents, so my question was if the college was going to be okay with that evaluation since they ask for a GPA but it was difficult to get a hold of someone so I used their online contact but they just gave me an answer that I can find in their Q&A.

So I call the college admission advisor and she told me it was fine. I guess since they recommended them they know what to expect, so everything work out for me. I got everything on time. I was worry especially with the reviews you read, but all my documents were good. The only thing is that it will be nice to actually get a hold of a person. So I guess as long as you have all your documents they request you should be fine. Luckily mine was a simple evaluation and I had pay for the course by course evaluation and they refund the difference cause they change it to document by document.

World Education Services Company Information