World Education Services

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I will list down very few reasons NOT to use WES: They never pick the phone and good luck to wait for 10 days for an email reply. They take way longer than 20 business days. EXPENSIVE for this slow, unresponsive service. A friend of mine has 2 degrees to be assessed however WES just evaluated one and he had to wait again for a month for them to fix it. If there is less than 1 star rating I would have given it to WES. Pay yourself a favor and pay a bit extra with any other assessment companies.

I had World Education Services do an evaluation for me, I had been going back and forth with them for several years. I recently contacted them to let them know I did not need their evaluation service and requested a refund, I waited more than 3 weeks for my refund check and the check came but was issued with a spelling error on the name of person on check.

It was a huge inconvenience since I made it very clear to WES in my previous communication that the person whose card we used at time of transaction would not be readily available to help correct any errors made by WES in processing the refund. The person whose card we used to make payment was in another country. So I have a check with an incorrect name on it and if I request a correction to be made I may have to wait another 3+ weeks for WES to reissue a correct check, a huge inconvenience. I would not recommend WES to anyone, I paid $210, and they only sent a refund for $160, they said the $50 was a processing nonrefundable fee. Fortunately the bank agreed to deposit the check after I told the manager the issues I had with WES. Very disappointed.

I WISH I would have listened to the reviews that I read prior to spending $250 on this ECA, which I cannot even use. I was okay with the delay in responding and understood this was going to be a difficult process by nature, but this company's COMPLETE lack of communication makes me feel like I was totally scammed. They DID NOT COUNT one of my educational credentials, which was detrimental to my immigration score. When I followed up to ask why they did not count it, they gave me the standard auto reply. At this point, I don't trust their assessment so I'm going to spend ANOTHER $250 to have it evaluated again, by a different company. There are other options - do not use WES.

World Education Services turns out to be a phony organization that makes money on fraudulent promises. First of all, they demand a substantial payment ($152 in my case). Then, they invent an impossible requirement to comply with, like for example a sent-directly original from a foreign school that does not exist anymore. Once the order is canceled, it is impossible to contact WES again and claim the refund. Letters sent to them by the US Postal Service are ignored. WES should be prosecuted.

I did a full course by course evaluation which costs $205. The results was submitted to the University as requested, but WES refused to include a copy of the my transcripts which was sent to them from my college unless I pay an additional $80. This is absurd. I spent $200 (FEES and postage) getting the transcripts from my foreign college to WES in the first place. Now they wanted me to pay another $80 for a photocopy of MY TRANSCRIPTS so that it may be emailed to the University. This is truly exploitation. I urge everyone to pay close attention to these reviews because they reveal a staggering track record. I wish I looked at them before applying.There are better options that can be explored for the this kind of work. There is no contact with customer service, except via a messaging features on their website. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

I have very bad experience with WES. It's been a month I did not hear anything back from them neither my status changed. Every time I call them, no one picks up and only auto voice that all the customer representatives are busy. It's very frustrating when you have already paid 250 $ and you don't get any updates or answers. Since last week I am calling every day and stayed online up to half an hour. It's so strange that no representative is free to take calls in half an hour. Very poor service.

I have had the same issues as others that did not get a response nor anyone picking up the phone in their so called customer care department. I don't believe it even exist. If anyone is experiencing this same problem please email me at ** and I will start a petition and send it to the NYS Attorney General to launch an investigation. I am also requesting a refund and their 501C3 revocation. What I am seeing is, this organization is taking advantage of foreign potential students because of their language barrier and lack of knowledge of our system of handling this type of business. What I have done for the students from foreign countries is to pursue the American GED which they can do quickly then use those credentials to get into a two year school then transfer to a four year institution. Let's put a end to this immediately. I have a few friends that are in high place that can push this agenda with a phone call.

I am lecturer by profession and I have always encouraged & supported students in the field of education especially from the lower economically developed countries. I have worked and still work for NGO's around the world and whenever I spot a bright student in these countries I have always encouraged them and even supported them to move to better developed nations where they can get quality education. This in no way mean that lower economically developed nations cannot provide good education but it's due to their circumstances they are unable to get quality education.

Now let me get straight to the point and I am sorry if I use harsh word against WES. I have heartfelt sympathy towards international & regional students and also PR aspirants who are caught up in your stupid bureaucratic system. You call yourself a non-profit organisation, I seriously doubt that. I am sure there will be sincere staff in the organisation who wants to provide better service for the students but it's just isn't happening. Even with so many negative feedbacks I am still wondering how WES is running the show. Is there anyone in Canada to check their credentials?? I agree that many of the students had positive results with your service but look at the negative comments provided by students & PR aspirants.

Any knowledgeable person reading those negative reviews would understand that WES is run by bunch of idiots. This is really unheard for a credentials evaluation organisation and that too in a developed nation. You don't have a easy customer service where students & PR aspirants can get in touch with your representatives. They have to wait for days to get a response to the queries and the telephone number is never reachable. These are serious issues. My sincere advise to WES team is learn from UK and other Western European countries as how correspondence is done with overseas & local applicants. WES should set a good example not a bad example. This is the first step students & PR aspirants take for migration purpose and if credential evaluation is done in such an unethical manner I really feel sorry for all the applicants.

I know there are many who is taking up the issue to higher level. If WES is going to carry on with this attitude it's definitely going to backfire them and sooner or later they will sailing into troubled waters. I will surely put my best effort to improve this service and will work with all the right individuals who can make a difference. Don't lose hope guys.

Their non-contact approach to customer service, cost me a place in a Master's program! Day after day I tried to make contact via phone and email with no success. After paying over $250, as well as the cost of paying for documents to be sent to them from overseas, they didn't send any of the documents through to the University after they were evaluated. Unfortunately, as they don't respond to emails or calls, the documents are just sitting. The problem has occurred because they have marked my account as 'waiting for documents'. However, the document they evaluated is the only document that they needed to send to the University, the other documents were for another purpose. It is also the only document earmarked for action/sending. I will now have to wait another year to apply to the course.

Please do not waste your time and money, there are many other companies you can use... I wish I checked the reviews before I risked my university placement; wasted over $250 and hours of stress and time... Also, with the number of complaints, I can't help but wonder if they are actually a true service or just a money making scam?

I'm only giving it a 1 star because there's no negative stars. I requested an evaluation OVER one and a half months ago, and I still haven't heard back from them. They either respond to emails days after you contact them or they simply choose to ignore your emails. When I call them, I have to hold approximately 35 minutes before someone finally decides to pick up the call. On my application, the "status" used to say my evaluation will be ready on the 17th of January. It's already the 25th where I come from and I have still not heard back from them (on my emails or phone calls). The deadline to a couple of the units I'm applying to has already passed. And I'm hoping the evaluation will be ready before the deadline passes for the other units.

So ya, terrible and slow service, terrible/no communication with customers, very expensive for a professional service let alone a non-professional service as WES. If I had any other option at all, I would have certainly gone for that.

Sent my documents almost 40 days back. No update. They never answer phone calls and email responses (rarely) are very automated and of no help. I have tried all ways to reach them but no luck. Does anyone know if they still exist or closed down?

Hello everyone, my experience with the WES was very good and they completed the report exactly on time. I sent the documents as requested by WES. WES confirmed their receipt and updated as DOCUMENTS RECEIVED, and next day to ACCEPTED status after confirming the documents are in order. On the 7th working day, they finalized the evaluation process. I had a wonderful and pleasant experience with WES. My advice for those who want to evaluate their documents through WES, PLEASE follow the instructions in their website and go accordingly. Everything surely work well. Thank you WES and good luck guys!!

I registered for the WES ICAP Evaluation. I made a mistake in one field in the education tab of the application. I mailed to them four times last month and my request has not been acknowledged. I don't understand why it is so hard for them to accommodate my request. I have been waiting for 30 days and my deadlines are closing. I am very disappointed to have paid $296 such terrible and careless treatment. Problem: I have not graduated yet. I am in the process of completed my degree. I selected the "did not graduate option". Later, I learned that it meant that I stopped my course. This is the reason I contacted them.

I have bought WES services in order to evaluate my university certificate in the beginning of December. I have been sending emails to WES for weeks and I have no answer. I am trying contact by phone every day and nobody answers the phone either. It is a total lack of respect.

They stick to their agreement, once you follow their rules. Ensure you read their requirements and stick to it. They always respond to enquiries, just quote your reference number. My evaluation was ok.

My experience with WES was a smooth sailing one. I did not have a hard time preparing for my credentials. I just followed religiously their requirements in submitting the documents and in less than a month my credentials were given back to me safely and evaluated well. Thank you WES for your great evaluation. More Power and God bless!

Hi everyone, my experience with the WES was very good and they gave the report on time. The documents were sent by me as requested by WES. I mailed them 3 times after sending my reports for confirmation. Within 1 to 2 working days, they promptly replied on time to my mail id. I had a wonderful and pleasant experience with WES. If anyone is having the doubt, they can contact me on my mail id ** so that I can forward the replies given by WES to me. Thanks to all... All the best to everyone for your careers... Bye...

NOTE ALL HAVING TROUBLE WITH WES: Reach out to their twitter page: @wescanada (I'm sure the same can be done with the US if your gripe is with them). Dead end phone service, blanket copy and paste irreverent email responses. If you, like me and many others have waited for your ECA patiently and tried to contact WES after the prescribed 20 business days with absolutely no joy: Please do yourself a favor and hit up their Twitter page. I didn't even have a Twitter account until 4 days ago. A couple of friends suggested using Twitter to do the talking for me. Make sure your account is wide open (standard setup) such that everyone in the world can see your post. Additionally link other relevant pages to it, such as this one (@ConsumerAffairs) and CIC (@CitImmCanada). And just like that, magic beans the ECA was completed. It was as if they had everything ready all along.

Here's mine for example: "@WESCanada Waiting 36biz days. What happened to 20max? No response by phone/email! #VISAdelay #PR #badservice. @ConsumerAffairs @CitImmCanada". My plan was to keep posting one per day increasing the elapsed days waiting. After 2 of these the twitter team jumped into action.

Don't publicly post your reference number, WES twitter should reach out to you via private message asking for this. After 2 posts over 2 business days I was promptly written to directly by the WES twitter team. They asked for my reference number and forwarded my complaint to WES customer service. Less than a day later my ECA was miraculously approved. If you haven't used WES yet then avoid! However, if you're already in, I suggest you try the usual email and phone avenue first. I wouldn't necessarily blast their twitter page until it is past the 20 business days and you have had no response elsewhere.

For my 1 star review: Although I got my ECA approved etc. it was not without effort on my end. $300 should be enough encouragement for a business to check 4 documents match what I claimed. I say docs, but we are talking 6 1 sided pages! Easy money in my mind... WES customer service is appalling. Their response was copy and paste email, not even addressed to me. It basically told me to check the website for updates. This was not a response to my question and also I would have had to use their website in order to email them: They do not have an email address only and email text box on their site. I wasted a 2 weeks trying to get a response.

The phone service is particularly atrocious: "Due to high phone traffic... we cannot take your call... Please try again." End call. That's it, no wait/answering/call-back service. Never once did I have anyone answer. I tried option 2 as if I was an institute, answering machine with a full inbox. Additionally what office is only open 9am-2pm? Can I have a job please? Having waited 35 business days, and due to the above I actually thought it was a scam. Zero stars for this service.

All my docs were delivered to them in less than a week. It would take all of 10 mins to look at the application and verify it against my transcripts. Personally with a well written email I would have been okay with waiting a while longer. The sheer lack of response is what had me worried. This and some people I know actually got their ECA from WES in 2-3 weeks.

The Twitter Team: Thank you ever so much. As I suspected it took no time at all for my ECA to be approved once someone pulled the finger out. Had I not reached out to twitter I would be still pulling my hair out going nowhere. Unfortunately, I should not have to resort to using social media, painting them as a bad company for them to take attention and do something about it. For me personally the story ends here. I am grateful to the twitter team but wanted you all to know that they are an unprofessional company. I suggest looking elsewhere for ECA/CIC if possible. I hope this might be of help to some of you long WES suffering applicants.

Oh yes there's one more thing. It's the flipping 21st Century! This should all be electronic, why do you ask for my email address when clearly, even when my ECA is approved I don't even get an email to say as such. After the twitter stuff, I just decided to check the WES website the following day, to find the almighty approved result. Who doesn't email this notification in this day and age. Crazy stuff. Perhaps the computers only work 9am to 2pm in the WES office! ;)

My documents are delivered to WES at 9th November 2016 and I made all payment via credit card but after completing 1 month I still did not received any report. I emailed 2 times. They replied, "Check your account regularly," and if I tried to call, no answer...

I created a whole account on this website with the express purpose to review WES. This is truly a shade business and company. I sent the various documents off as specifically requested. 3 weeks later I get an email saying my transcript has not been accepted. No other explanation as to why it was not accepted. Did I send it wrong, was there not enough information or was there something else they required. The whole process has been somewhat of a guessing game as to what they actually want. I'm English and I even found their use of language and explanations difficult to truly grasp. It is as though they write things obscurely on purpose to create confusion. I wrote 3 emails and nearly 2 weeks later I finally hear something and it was two sentences. Transcript not accepted.

I tried to contact WES via phone more than one and they never answered. I also email them for having important information. After reading all that negative feedback on WES I decided to contact another evaluator, GCE. GCE was extremely efficient, they always answer to the phone for information and, after I paid $240 (express mail included) for a three day rush service they completed the course-by-course evaluation on time and sent the report with an overnight express mail to the academic institution I wanted to enroll. I strongly recommend them if you want to be sure your evaluation will be done in time.

On 9/22/2016 I made a full credit card payment of $249.00 for a foreign country higher education evaluation. I complied with what was requested, which was to submit copies of all transcripts and not original. I finished that level of education abroad, 30 years ago. My grandmother took 6 months to gather the information and mailed it to me. I made copies of all documents I received and mailed them to WES following the instruction online by WES. Couple of weeks went by and didn't hear from WES about the status of my request. I attempted to call several times, unsuccessfully, at times for over 45 mins only to get hung up on when they answered.

6 weeks went by, and my college suspended my college education for not having that evaluation done. Finally Monday this week I got through WES and the customer lady stated that original documentation must be sent from the Department of Education from the country I'm native from, in a sealed envelope directly to WES. As I repeated to them over and over again, it took 6 months for my grandmother a 76 year old lady to gather all information, transcripts and diplomas. I had already called the Department of Education a year ago, and they told me that in order for me to get those documents someone must initiate the process in person. And that per their own requirements online I was not going to send original documents because I was not going to have them return to me.

I then decided that I was going to take my business elsewhere, I was then informed that $50 was going to be deducted from my full refund as cancellation charge. Nowhere on the Terms and Conditions states that $50 is the cancellation fee. This company refuses to refund the full amount. The way they do business is shady, dishonest. I would not recommend anyone to do business with them. As a matter of fact, RUN the opposite way.

One of the worst services I have ever encountered. Almost unreachable by phone or by email. Whenever when you are calling you should wait at least 30 minute and there is no fact that they are busy. Information that you can find on the site or can get by representative is literally nothing. They just continue saying same sentence as a robot instead of normally explain the situation. I have finished my University with honor, but WES said your GPA is 3.47 and there are a lot of C marks. No one could answer why they "evaluate" like that. I am really going to complain about this organization whatever it would worth for me.

Hi WES, We have good technology now... I would request you to implement online uploaded documents for the verification. However, we will get the stamped and signed transcripts from University/Institutions from authorities. So that I will reduce cost and time, reduces risk in misplacing document and also avoid delay in receiving oversea couriers.

I order WES service to evaluate my undergraduate degree and transcripts after I was enrolled in graduate school. I want to say this company really really sucks! Their phone contact option is a total waste and I called them like a thousands time and no one answers after they keep me wait for a long time. And they only reply emails after three days which means if you have an emergency situation you wouldn't be able to contact them immediately.

I ordered my evaluation on July and they haven't finished even on October and if I don't provide my final evaluation of my undergraduate, I wouldn't be able to register the next semester's courses! WES just don't care about you. I really question their professionalism and I don't think so-called "evaluation" will cost me 87 dollars. Anyone who is not stupid can do such basic jobs like "evaluating". I strongly recommend NOT to use World Education Service. This ** company will be replaced sooner or later.

So here's the deal: I honestly think they're out of business and there's no one there! My emails never get answered. They are only open 9am -2 pm EST. (I mean who does this?) And every time I call within this time frame an automated message says "due to high call volume no agent can pick your call". I created a login on their website and forgot password. After I request a new password it simply goes to an error page. Now since my birth date and name is associated with it, I cannot create another account unless I create a new email address!! This has been my worst experience with any website; third world countries have better websites and support than what WES has!

I first opened my account with them in May 2016, then opened one for my husband. The university in South Africa sent forms to them but they did not accept the forms as it was not from an institution recognised by them. Instead of then requesting further information they disallowed the forms. South Africa since the new government has changed some names of organisations and procedures. I then contacted another company in South Africa to handle the authentication. They immediately did this and couriered the documentation to WES.

WES have had this since the 14th of September. If I log in the tracking number they say please allow 3 working days to review this. If I phone the number just rings. If I email they never respond with anything intelligent. Just "Thank you for contacting World Education Services (WES). This is an automated message to confirm receipt of your correspondence. A representative will review your question(s) and respond to you as soon as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work to address your inquiry. We look forward to assisting you." That was 1 week ago!

I recommend WES for everyone. They do their job perfectly. But, you have to send your documents exactly according to what's written in their web site. After I sent my documents, I read the reviews. You scared me to death with all these negative experiences! But mine was very good. They have finished my evaluation report even one day earlier than the expected date!! Wow!!! Thank you WES.

I am so disappointed about WES. I submit my original transcripts and I am still on hold for 4 months. I missed fall semester already and I decided to cancel my process. They sent me an email recently in this week saying that so sorry about older mails that I even did not received other mails and they gave me a name and a number. That guy is not responding my mails. I cannot explain my frustration that I am not able to enroll the colleges that I want because of WES issues.

I want to apply US Master degree and the school accepts WES evaluation. I send all official transcript to them. After about 2 weeks I received my evaluation report with GPA 3.0 which is acceptable to the program. My evaluation status showed completed and I can order any additional copy to any other university. I had very good experience with WES.

World Education Services Company Profile