2.91/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

383 World Education Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I regret using this evaluation service! I paid them to send my transcript to SUNY Buffalo. They sent it to the wrong department. I paid 3 different times because every time I requested a transcript they would wind up sending them to the wrong department even after emailing them and calling customer service with the correct information. This organization is ineffective! They will fail. They will hinder your college application. Stay away from them.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

It is not surprising to me, in the Globalist Circus Arena of Education, that this "credential evaluator" is trusted by US Universities to evaluate overseas student diplomas. They counted my Bachelors degree that I received at the KU Leuven as having less value than an Associates Degree, and my Master's they counted as a Bachelor's Degree; Can't even talk to them, they are paid to frustrate anyone trying to get a job or transfer grades to US Institutions.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

WES is by far the most customer unfriendly and callous organization I have even seen. Their whole system is built to deliberately frustrate applicants from third world countries by placing impossible demands on them that I cannot begin to list here. Their goal is to eventually make you lose your admission by wasting your time and resources while they demean and humiliate you in the process through rude and impatient customer care agents. Please save your money and boycott this racist and prejudiced institution.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

It is by far a horrible experience doing EA with WES Canada. I have made an education assessment with WES US and it was so smooth, but WES Canada in one word is horrible. I made the payment with WES Canada and I transferred all my documents from WES US. Sounds easy right? Yes, it is that easy and after three weeks they said that they cannot accept the documents as it was not directly sent from the institution. What a complete joke? Come on grow up people... You are just intercirculating the documents of the same candidate within WES and there is zero chance for any alteration. Now, I have to pay money again to the institution for the sealed transcript. Advice to WES - Stop trying to cheat people.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I've requested that WES translate my overseas university diploma and transcript to adhere to U.S. standards. Although it was a daughter company of the American college, and already had translation into English attached to every native language class taken and final diploma, they still seem to have a hard time to provide me with finalized requested product, for which I paid over 200 dollars. They give you a run-around with automatic messages that something is missing. And it did not matter that as requested I had overseas university send over directly to them another set of transcript and diploma, both in English. Save your money and use another firm for that service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

WES Canada playing with the careers of youth, especially immigrants. Delay in assessment is causing not meeting the immigration deadline date, leaving whole career in tatters. I have been waiting for last 4 months for evaluation of my degree (Credential Assessment). Please help!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

WES is the worst credential evaluation service. Indian universities do not possess the infrastructure to send them docs directly and they usually refuse to do anything outside of their archaic protocols. I can't believe WES thought this was a good idea. They are effectively isolating anyone who wants to progress. WES do better. This is just ** of you to dust yourself of the responsibility when so many rely on you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

This is the absolute worst evaluation service you can think of with their terrible customer service agents that have no solutions to any problem. I started the process since October 2018. This is 11th February and they haven't even started my evaluation. They are the WORST!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I could not be more upset with my partner and I's experience with WES. Their website timelines are incredibly misleading. They state it will take 20 business days to complete an evaluation, however this is only after they review and accept documents. What they don't state is that the review and acceptance can take just as long or longer. My partner sent transcripts from University of Notre Dame - an American school where everything was in English and we express-courier to them and got confirmation from UPS that his documents were delivered on January 14.

On February 6, they "accepted" the documentation. This unknown delay will cause my partner his chance at PR through the Canadian Experience Class, as his 3-year window for Canadian experience class expires on February 15. I called WES to ask if there was anything that can be done to honor the original 20 day timeline posted on their website, and they just cited the same quote over and over again. People should be aware that the timelines on the website are misrepresenting the process. I hope this helps others avoid the disappointment we've experienced using WES.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

WES is literally testing my patience and now it is going over the board. I am fed up with the kind of services they are providing to potential applicants like me who are already so tensed about their Canada PR outcome. I have done my graduation (B.com) from Pondicherry University and M.com from Delhi University and requested my both universities to send the transcripts directly to WES. Despite following their rules, still WES has kept my status on hold and put it on second verification. I have no words to show my anger here. I started my ECA process five months ago and till date I haven’t received any response from WES.

Nowadays they are also not responding to emails and our queries also. This is really disheartening and at the same time frustrating too. I don’t know who should I follow-up to get this done. Guys can anyone please help me out? What should I do? Because WES is fake organization, they are not concerned about applicants' file status, I want my report on urgent basis. I would really appreciate if anybody can help me in getting out of this problem.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I am astounded with the rules cooked up by the WES immigration officials. I am highly disappointed with their services. It is a fake organization and I will never go for it. They gave me the completion date and I diligently waited for my report outcome. To my shock, they did not release my report and is kept on hold since then. My other point of concern is the increasing prices of the universities for the verification that is sent by WES. I feel like I am being cursed by applying through WES for my educational credential assessment.

For small verification of the course that I have done through Allahabad University (my own university where I have studied for five years) I was asked to pay 7200 INR which I did. Though, I have no objection in paying the amount but after all this, l am waiting for my report and now it has been 4 months and the process has become daunting. WES should close its organization as nobody is gaining benefit from it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Me and my husband submitted documents in September 2018 for evaluation. After 20 days, WES put our files on hold as it sent emails to our universities in India for secondary verification. Until 3 months, we kept following and university said, they haven't received any mail. On following up again with WES, we requested WES to resent the mails as more than 8 weeks were over.

Now, though university has responded, WES has not updated us. On following up again, they say the response was not as per guidelines so they need university to mail again. The issue is WES doesn't do anything until we follow up with them, not do they communicate with universities. Why are they charging such hefty fees if they are not to do anything. Just because their evaluation reports means so much for candidate's career and future, they are at their liberty to charge and do or not do work at their pace and as per their choice. Disappointing!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I started processing my ECA in the month of October and now it is February but until date I did not receive any outcome on ECA report. This is only because of their unnecessarily extended verification and thus, is least bothered about candidates. The potential migrants like us are solely dependent upon the ECA report which is a very first step of Canada Permanent Residency Process.

I took language assessment test IELTS and my results were L-9, R-8, S-8.5, W-7.5. My Canada Immigration point score is also more than 440 CRS but due to deficiency in obtaining ECA report, I am unable to file Express Entry and due to this I am ineligible to receive direct invitation. It’s been 3.5 months since I started my process and I am disheartening to see that WES is not able to authenticate my education within this large span of time. I am very unlucky that I have opted WES to get my ECA report. I don’t think that I am able to get it done in future as well. Now at last I have decided to withdraw my application from WES and will approach to some other body in manner to get my positive report so that I can close my immigration process within this year. Guys!! I am very serious, apart from making you fool, WES is not doing anything. So please DO NOT go with WES to get your ECA reports.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I just asked to talk with someone who can actually described to me the document received from my university, because it has been qualified as incomplete. They (or should I say just Mike who refused to give his last name) refused to help me. NO ACTUAL COMMUNICATION is really frustrating when you are the middle man between your college and WES evaluation team.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I graduated from Banasthali University in 2005. It is a very small town and university has no program to mail it to WES, So my parents went to the univ and shipped a sealed envelop - which is not acceptable by WES. Curse you WES - your monopoly is bound to break one day!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Charges you $200 for doing absolutely nothing - I don't understand what the benefit of WES is since it doesn't add any value over sending your official transcripts directly to the university. It misquotes prices upfront, and you will eventually end up paying $50 or so extra for postage, and second copies (which you cant opt out of btw). It doesn't contact universities directly to verify transcripts, and you need to get your university to send them your documents (whats the point of going through WES again if you basically have to do all the work here) which eventually means you've got to pay your university to generate and courier docs over to these guys. You are LITERALLY paying them for a stamp, which in my opinion, is just unnecessary since the university/company you are applying to will be more comfortable if they see the official docs themselves. HUGE WASTE OF MONEY. But I've had to do it since it's a requirement by university admissions committee...

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Do not appreciate your services!! I have applied for ECA through WES and arranged transcript from Mumbai University through which I have completed my education. Suddenly, I came to know that WES will not accept any transcript sent by the third party or applicants. Then again I requested university to issue me new transcript and send it across to WES themselves. Though, it was not the procedure of Mumbai University to send documents directly overseas, but still after requesting them multiple times, they agreed to send transcript directly to WES and I felt relaxed and was expecting my positive report within a month or so.

To my utter surprise, I got notification in my account within 10 days stating that the transcript is not acceptable because the documents were not sent directly to WES. This was really frustrating; WES is a big organization serving number of candidates since many years, still nobody in their organization are able to recognize whether the documents sent to them has come through particular candidate or a university.

All this chaos resulted in non-delivery of my ECA report since past 4 months and I have been thoroughly requesting the university to send the documents again which they were diligently following. However, it seems that WES is not doing their work in proper manner and maybe that’s why are not accepting the documents. I am disappointed and saddened with my whole process with WES. I would never recommend WES to any other person who is seeking for immigration to Canada. As a dejected individual, I would like to suggest that WES should change its rules and should hire educated employees who can justify the documents, cross check their authentication without bothering candidates that are totally dependent upon them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Worst Organisation I have ever seen. After waits of months accepted my documents and then again puts account to hold. After another 5 weeks accepts and review the documents and given a completion date. And on completion days says documents are missing.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have got my Indian Bachelors of Commerce and PGDM evaluated by WES for Canada Immigration. The services are extremely satisfactory and time taken is acceptable. Once the Marksheets and Degrees reached Canada I got the credentials assessed as per the time limit provided. Thank you for your services.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have applied to WES to get my education credentials assessment as per global standards in Oct 2018. Till the time my application still on hold. History: my universities both undergrad and post grads issued my transcripts in a sealed envelope and I courier to WES Canada. They received my documents and straight away they put on hold saying they sent documents to be verified from my universities. Here I'm not understand, why the universities need to verify documents which were issued by themselves. Anyway, took it granted and paid fee at my universities to verify and reply them. However, they rejected the both replies saying they haven't sent in a format which WES accepts. Somehow I managed to speak and plead my academicians at university and they replied with the details WES require.

And then again status changed to in progress and then to hold. When I called WES to know what is the problem again they say not in right format and they can't reveal exact format to applicant. And at my university they say, they don't know which format to send and moreover they say, “We will only send as per our university norms.” Now, WES is clearly not bothered to move my application. Do they need my attendance sheet of those 6 years from universities to verify my genuinity? I am one of the toppers throughout my education, not even a single failure and here this WES is suspecting and holding my credentials. It seems someone crushing my future. Someone, Please suggest.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

According to the delivery notice of the WES website my documents were received by WES at Jan 14, and the processing time of the application is 7 business days. Now, after 15 days I have called the call center asking for a response and they told me the 7 days is after reviewing the documents, and they do not know how long it would take for them to start reviewing the documents. Believe me I would give them 0 if I had the option. IF THE PROCESSING TIME IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU DO NOT WORK WITH WES.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I started my application to assess my degree with this organization and I paid the whole amount but I decided to cancel my application without any evaluation being done on it. And according to their cancellation policy I was meant to be refunded most of my payment. But when I emailed them about it they just canceled my application and I received no refunds from them!! They don't even reply to my emails anymore and I find it really terrible and unsatisfactory customer service!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

After creating my profile on their website, I found out what were the next steps to be done. After I sent all my documents and as they received it they notified me that they have received all my documents and all my documents are proper, they gave me the date when will I receive my evaluation report and they were on time. The money which they charge is a bit expensive but still worth it. I'm highly recommending WES for educational credential evaluation.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

WES is good and it is acceptable and known to accept any valid certificate from the institution that award them and also send the credentials for approval to detect Fraud. I'm happy with their service. I hereby recommend their service.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I am happy to chose WES for credential verification and expecting for a valuable result of it in future for my career also. As this is my first experience and will surely ask other friends to process with the same. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I have sent my Academic records for ECA around September 2018. After receiving the transcripts they have sent the mail to the university for second verification. But one of my degree is in verification pending state for almost 3 months. Whenever I send mails regarding this I'm getting an automated mail or copy pasted content. They are not even reading the content of my mails just they are copy pasting some status. In my case I verified with my university, they are claiming that they didn't receive any such mails from WES. And even they provided some mail ID to reach the university in case if WES need any response from University. I'm keep on sending mails regarding this but always receiving some copy pasted status messages irrelevant to my mails. It's been 5 months now. For ECA I believe WES will be the worst option to choose from my experience.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I am happy with my WES experience. The level of professionalism exhibited by the team is quite commendable. From start to finish my concerns were handled well and timely responses provided. Their online tools were of great help too.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Thank you WES for the overall processing regarding my Credentials Assessment. I was a little hesitant of how to submit and how long should it take. However, the crystal clear instruction in the website helped me doing it entirely myself. The overall processing time was also real quick - around a month! Thank you again!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Not satisfied at all! I had applied for ECA through WES and as per their requirement I have sent all the documents. After that they kept my file status “On Hold” and sent documents for verification to my university i.e. Delhi University. They continued this for another 6 months resulting in non-delivery of report and delayed process. Thus, my experience with WES was very bad. I am working as a Government Servant from past 10 years and with utmost honesty and integrity, I have submitted my documents to WES along with a request to Delhi University for sending transcripts to WES. However, I am still falling short of understanding their need of verifying the authenticity of my documents.

To my astonishment, when I asked status to WES, they responded, ‘that due to number of fraud applications they are doing this verification.’ In the end, they cancelled my WES report order and on the other hand, I got positive ECA report through other government body with same education credentials. All the problems that WES is facing is understandable but just because of few people, I am facing worst experience with WES. I would never recommend any immigration seeker to assess their education related credentials through WES because I don’t want that others suffer unnecessarily. There are other Canadian bodies as well. Guys you can precede with them but never opt for WES.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My evaluation was done on DEC 11 on 2019, and still waiting for the docs. Many times I had been communicated with them and nobody give me an answers just I will write a ticket. Worst case scenario they want me to pay for a duplicate without receive the first one. They suck.

World Education Services Company Information