4.8/5 (305 ratings)

About World Education Services

World Education Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

It is my first application for credential evaluation with WES. I really appreciate what they did for me though at first l had some challenges during the process. My challenges came when l was given the WES inquiry id immediately after opening WES account, l thought this was my ref. number. After a week that's when l realized l still have some steps to go up to payment to be given my WES reference number. I think a more detailed explanation of the process should be given may be in video form or in writing at the beginning for simplicity.

The help center personnel took too long (3 days) to respond to directed questions. About value for your money, actually to me it's very expensive, l have to wait for month-ends to accumulate the sum. I like the fact timeline is fully utilized and the personnel kept updating me about the progress of the evaluation and the evaluation report is well-detailed and made easy to understand. All in all the WES website is very simply and easy to use once familiar with it. I highly recommend it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I had already given up after being turned down by a university three times because my credentials weren't geographically recognized. However, when I got the email letting me know that I could take the WES evaluation, I felt even more hopeless because so many people make it seem intimidating, corrupt and complicated, guess what? It isn't at all, my grades weren't affected, the customer service was excellent, and overall, all I did was ask my school to send my transcripts to WES.

So I applied to WES to have both my level 4 and level 5 diplomas in computing evaluated. At first, I thought the process would be difficult, but trust me, it is not at all difficult; all you need to do is give WES accurate information. For me, the full process took 17 days. I began on November 2, 2022, and received my evaluation on November 19, 2022. Here is a breakdown of how the process went, I paid my evaluation fee to WES and received my reference ID, then I contacted my school, NCC Education, and in 2 to 3 days WES had already received my diploma transcripts and certificates. Had I not had to change my order, the process would have gone more quickly. After I was finished, I saw a status update, and seven days later, which was yesterday, I received my evaluation.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2022

Actually, I will say this is the best credential evaluation service in the world. Every step was clear-cut, explained, and understandable. Even though, it is not somewhat easy to get transcripts mostly in Nigerian tertiaries institutes. But when I eventually scaled through, because my school helped me from the start to the end and get the transcripts mailed to the WES. The experience with the WES to the completion of the credential evaluation was wonderful. The report was very ok, formal and highly presentable.

My advice to people in need of this type of service out there is that, do not wait till the time you will be asked to provide credential evaluation whether for academic purposes or immigration or jobs. Get it done in advance and from the WES platform, it can be forwarded to wherever it's needed. Yes, there were some delays experienced, majorly from my end, courier service delay also contributed a little. I applied for the Credential evaluation on April 11, 2022, and started collating all the required documents on 13th April 2022 in Nigeria. Delay from my school set in, courier delivery delay set in, and the transcripts eventually got to WES in Canada on the 6th of June, 2022. The secondary verification strictly between WES and my school started and eventually got my final evaluation on the 15th of July 2022. I love the whole process and it was wonderful. You will never regret getting your credentials evaluated.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I am from India and I was applying for higher education, the university asked my Indian grades to be converted to the US scale to proceed with the admission. I chose WES and the experience has been great.

Things I Liked
    - Website design and layout.
    - All required info mentioned is clear.
    - Tie-up with / able to recognise Indian colleges.
    - Immediate status updates on the application both via email and mobile app.
    - Evaluation report is done in 3 days and the same day delivered to the university.

- ICAP plan to store our evaluation and get a badge via credly to link it to social media like LinkedIn.

Things I would like them to improve / dislikes
    - Even though the help center is good, but its FAQ style.
    - We need a customer support chat window as competitors like ECS and IEE provide 24/7.
    - Phone support is good, but some agents need training while handling international clients as English is not our first language.
    - I called thrice and in that 2nd agent (guy) was not that pleasant to talk to (felt like condescending tone) but the women agents were good.
    - It would be great if you could provide call support for evaluation-related queries as the current support team are not aware of some questions and I was asked to submit a form.
    - I asked my query via submitting the form, but the resolution was not satisfactory.
    - The mobile app was great, but it was having performance issues and getting stuck on IOS.

- Fees were a bit on the higher side, it would be great if you have lower fees at least for students going for higher education as they are already short on funds.

PS: For those who graduated from NIT Bhopal, even though WES mentions they need official documents in a sealed envelope, our college can send Transcripts to WES electronically (I think via email), so please contact COE to send them accordingly for a faster process and avoiding to pay for the postal fee.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I applied to a University in the USA for my Ph.D. program through the SOPHAS system and as a requirement, I must do academic records evaluation by World Education Services (WES) the USA, ICAP. I created an account with WES and started the application in a simple and clear step-by-step process. WES was patient enough for me to raise the needed sum of money to pay for my academic records evaluation and subsequently received the WES REFERENCE NUMBER needed for my document for the evaluation. WES regularly updated me on the status of my application through my email and through my WES account for any information or action I needed to take. For example, after payment and receiving of the WES ref number, there was a little delay on my part to send my academic records (both certificate and transcript) to WES. WES sent me a message through my WES account that they were waiting for my document(s).

I thought sending my documents to the WES by the school(s) authority might delay the process for me as I was trying to meet the SOPHAS application deadline so I decided to send the hard copies I had by a courier using the required address given by WES; in a few days, I checked my WES account and my email, I was told the certificates were accepted but the transcripts were not accepted because the school authorities did not sign across or stamp across the envelope, No form was filled by the authorities as wanted by WES. Finally, I decided to send the documents to WES by the school's authorities electronically if they have an email with WES. This was successful and WES again send me a message through my WES and email accounts upon receipt of my academic records from the school(s).

In less than one week, WES send another message that my evaluation report was ready and sent to my recipient SOPHAS electronically a copy and sent to me. The evaluation process is faster than you may think if everything goes well on the part of the applicant. I am happy also to receive my digital badge awarded by WES as congratulation to me.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

I had applied for the ICAP Course-by-Course Evaluation of my Academic documents which includes my university degree certificate and Detailed Transcript. They guided very well throughout the process on their website step-by-step. Keep me Updated of the process on each step on website and mobile app. On time evaluated my documents.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2023

The whole process was so smooth and so well instructed I didn't need to contact customer service. My documents just showed up much sooner than expected. If I have one critique is I wish I was made aware of the various ways Umalusi could've summitted my documents on my behalf, I was only made aware of 1 method.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

I am fully satisfied with the service provided by WES. Although I had to agree that the service was somewhat "salty", however, the speed and ease with which the process was delivered paid off! And now, I can continue with my process of searching for a job Offer so I can immigrate to Canada, the country of my dreams! I recommend using this service to all people who, like me, are with the same immigrant plan! The service is very reliable and very responsible!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

The entire process was made easy from the start. My ECA came much earlier than I expected. Before they received my documents from my institution, they kept on contacting me by email to let know. I would recommend WES over and over. Such an awesome service.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

As first step to immigration, most of the people start with the credential evaluation. Because there's an assumption the result will take time. But in my case it was done within 5 working days and it's impressive.

World Education Services Company Information