1.10/5
Based on 35 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

236 World Education Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

What a terrible company, service and customer relationships! I am so unhappy and disappointed and dissatisfied with their service. I sent my official documents twice both for my graduate and post graduate education in an official sealed signed envelope. But they have accepted one of them but rejected the other. I've called the customer service. They insisted on that my documents haven't met the criteria. But my documents have met all the requirements. I resent them another copy of documents, I took images before I sent just to keep a proof. But they did the same. They ruined my original documents. They ruined my time. They ruined my money and finally they ruined my application. I don't recommend this terrible company to anyone in the world.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I applied for WES credential evaluation and subsequently sent all the required documents. However, at WES receipt of the credentials, they informed me via email that they needed the credentials to be verified by the issuing institution and have forwarded them to the school. On getting the sent photocopies of credentials from WES, the issuing institution verified the credentials to WES via email. WES however, failed to accept the verification provided by the issuing institution. They resent the credentials to the school with a request for further information. The issuing institution re-verified the sent credentials for the second time, providing all the needed information as WES had demanded on the verification request.

WES having received the second verification, WES decided not to update my account timeline. In bid to ascertain the problem, I called their customer care only to be told that they WES has not updated my account timeline because my institution did not follow the instructions on the verification request thoroughly and that my evaluation status shall be on hold till my school follows the instruction. WES is trying to deny me the service I paid for using the inefficiency of a third party that got no direct involvement in the evaluation. I have contacted my institution and I was told that WES is being exploitative and malicious to me, that the institution has verified my credentials accurately as demanded.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 27, 2018

I applied to WES Canada for ECA on April 13th 2018, submitted all my credentials for evaluation as per their requirement which were received on 17th April. The status updated on my WES account page mentioned credentials received, reviewed and accepted subsequently. On 25th June, when I received my evaluation report online, I was shocked to see the result, which stated that the highest rank credential which is Master of Science is of no academic Value and WES does complete the evaluation for other credentials. I am confused as to why my other credentials are not assessed when I have paid the entire fees for document to document evaluation. I have contacted WES regarding this matter through their help center, but they have not replied back and not sure if they will look into it. I need advice and guidance as what to do next. Do I have to apply again to WES?

Original review: June 15, 2018

Our daughter went to college in Cameroon. We submitted her transcript to WES to be evaluated so that she can gain admission to a 4-year undergraduate university in the U.S. Despite the fact that she has completed 2 years at a community college, this evaluation process is required. Anyway, WES has had her transcripts for over 1 month. We have called the telephone number on the website and it is disconnected. They have not responded via their online message system. It has been much longer than the 48 hours in which they say they will respond. They have no other way to communicate with them.

I feel they have taken our money and are not completing the process. At this point, the colleges are denying her because they are waiting on the evaluation which is not being completed. So we have spent almost $400 to get transcripts evaluated and now it almost does not matter because the colleges are denying her because the process has not been completed by WES and they are not responding to us. I want our money back.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I submitted my documents to WES Canada in April 2018. Till now I have not received any response. I have 5 degrees and each month they are updating that they need additional information from my institution. I went to my institution that is 8 hours far from my place and I asked them to provide details to WES. They did send email in front of me. When I called WES they said they have not receive anything and check back in 2 days. I called them again and they said, "Ask your institution to send it again as we have not received." It seems they are just fooling us. How come an email that was sent in front of me has not been reached to WES. Also, the customer support is too rude when you call them. They talk like if we are asking them to work on something free. We have paid huge of amount of fees and we don't expect such rudeness on call. I heard Canadian are soft spoken and nice people... not sure from where these WES people are.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have summited my document to WES for the Canadian evaluation for the Bachelor and Masters. I got the reply from them that all document accept for both but they wants to re verify my Masters degree certificate & Mark sheet from the institute (WES has requested further verification from the issuing institution and is waiting for their response). Could anyone please advise how to solve this problem in order to get final evaluation for the Bachelor and Masters??

Original review: May 16, 2018

I requested an incomplete evaluation report for my three and a half years at uni during my last semester at college. I was applying to a program in the US at the time and thank God was accepted. However, a year later, I recently completed my evaluation report along with the degree conferred, and my GPA was drastically changed: from a 3.68 to a 3.02. The new report had shifted almost all my As into Bs that were in my previous report. I am assuming that the evaluation system is not standardized and two different approaches were used to complete my very same report. FYI all my other courses in the last semester were all As; they just changed the scoring system for the three years that I had completed beforehand. Very unprofessional and costly as I spent over $300 while using this system.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Save your money and send your documents to UToronto or BCIT... after months of talking to WES I asked for a refund and I am still waiting to receive my money back! I sent my documents in Late December 2017, my documents were sealed, stamped and signed, however there was an issue, my envelope did not have the school logo. In early January WES received the package and told accepted all the documents except the ones in the envelope mentioned before. Their explanation was "The documents MUST be sealed". I called them asking for a more in-depth explanation but they repeated the same error over and over. In mid-January the school sent the documents again but now with a logo on the envelope. The package was now exactly as the example provided by WES.

A couple of days later WES received my new documents, and again they marked my documents as "Not sealed". I called multiple times throughout a whole week trying to get a better explanation of what they meant by "not sealed", after a week of me calling them for answers my documents were now "accepted"... but the issue did not end there... A week later (in early February) the documents went from "accepted" to "need verification". Again I called WES to ask them what they needed. They told me that WES sent out a package to my school, additionally they sent an email, WES told me that I had to wait. After a couple of weeks I called my school and they never received any mail or email.

WES was not helpful at all, I called, emailed and tweeted WES for weeks, trying to solve the issue. But WES never wanted to tell me the address they sent the mail to, or the email they used, they also never mentioned why the school needed to verify their own documents. After a couple of weeks the Twitter rep told me that the consultants had a few questions regarding the documents sent by the school, but still didn't want to provide any additional information. After more emails from me, WES told me "if you are communicating with the school, please tell them to send the documents sealed". I lost it after reading that email. I called and emailed to request a refund. They cancelled all the activity but I am still waiting for my refund.

Original review: April 9, 2018

My wife's file was transferred from WES USA to WES Canada for evaluation on March 21, 2018 for ECA. Once submitted, we were told that the ECA should be released within 20 days (worst case scenario April 08, 2018). On April 09, 2018, I was surprised that the front desk tell me that the evaluation has not started; and will start only after the approval of the submitted file. I am still wondering if what has happened to me is similar with other customers. I started calling a week ago because I was already unsatisfied with WES USA which was not proactive. Unfortunately, the experience with WES Canada is worst. Hope this feedback could help WES Management to improve, and get rid of employees that chase customers away. I would be happy to know that this opinion help WES team to become more customers oriented. Regards.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have been sending my B.Tech worksheets each time and I get a categorical reply from WES saying it is incomplete. In my last communication with them, they have themselves agreed that only Semesters 6-8 are required and sem 1-5 have been filed by them. When I resend them that, they have again categorically replied that documents are pending. I have spend a lot of money on this one. I just feel like they're very careless about their work as when I asked them a screenshot for what I received, they send me an excel screenshot instead of taking a camera pic!

Things are fishy and I don't think they handle documents with care. They claim there was a seal on sem 6 and hence they could not see the marks. I have a copy of what I sent and I clearly noticed that the seal was at the bottom of page and nowhere in the body. I am at a loss of words. Is there an organization to whom I can complain about WES and get a positive action. It has put many people's future at stake including mine.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have never received worse service from any company. They respond to phone and email questions as though they were robots, they claim not to receive documents they have in fact received, and after endless delays and contradictory information they have charged me to "evaluate" documents when I was told repeatedly that I would not be charged unless the documents could be validated. Can´t some consumer rights organization shut these people down? Their "service" is basically a scam with a front that allows them to pretend some degree of legitimacy. Colleges should not be recommending that students use this service!

Original review: March 15, 2018

An awful experience! Very lengthy and bad service. You can't make a change by calling customer service and you have to go through lengthy "contact us" page, filling all the information and wait couple of days each time for changes to happen. It is so unfortunate that I sent them my documents for evaluation. In the system, there is an option to modify your request for address delivery and type of delivery. I changed the delivery address to the place that I originally wanted documents evaluation in order to save couple of days.

However, after evaluation completed, they put my status on HOLD because I had to pay extra money. I called and they said, "You cannot remove yourself as a recipient" and they charged me for another copy ($30) plus mailing cost ($7). First of all, it is not mentioned in the website that once you choose an address you cannot remove or modify it. Second, why they mention it as "Modify your Order"? What kind of modification is it if I can not remove myself as a recipient? Even worse, I was not able to ask on the phone to remove the other recipient. I had to use "contact us" form which takes couple of days to take effect. After using that form and removal of the other recipient, STILL my status is on HOLD for a "ZERO payment due". I used contact us form again and waiting for them to remove the HOLD status. It is just unbelievable. Very disappointing.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I have given the World Education Service 1 Star as the system will not allow me to give no stars! DO NOT USE THE WORLD EDUCATION SERVICE. Having submitted all the educational transcripts, certificates, diplomas and other associated documentation as specified by WES they gave me a date of when my application would be completed. I require this evaluation for immigration purposes and for my future employer. The date of completion that they specified was exceeded five days ago, on contacting their customer services department I was advised that the original date was an 'estimate' only and it may take a few more weeks. After informing them that I felt that this is a breach of contract I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, none were available but I was assured that one would call me back that day. This did not happen.

Today I received my assessment from them, less than 12 hours from my phone call. I have numerous educational qualifications including three Masters Degrees which were submitted to them. The report I received states that I have the equivalent of a 2 year college diploma. They have not assessed Two of my three Masters and the one they assessed they have only classed as a Postgraduate diploma (one semester only).

I called WES again this morning to be told that my file is closed as the assessment has been completed, therefore I need to write to them as the call assistant can do nothing! I have now written to them and have been told it will take a minimum of 48 hrs to get a response. The World Education Service are playing with people's lives, livelihoods and futures and do not give a value for money service. They have failed me in the evaluation of my educational qualifications, failed me by exceeding their own timeline, and their customer service is disgraceful. I cannot state this strongly enough, I do not recommend the World Education Service!

Original review: March 2, 2018

This is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with in my life. I have no idea how they got the privilege of evaluating professional degrees from all over the world. Customer service was extremely substandard and the shipping department is horrible! I paid for an overnight delivery for my documents and UPS received orders from WES to ship 2 day delivery instead. This will jeopardize my chance to sit for a certification exam cause I will miss the deadline. I called and they gave me false information numerous times about their response time. In short, I don't recommend anyone to deal with this company even if they force you to do so. I will complain to my certification organization to stop dealing with them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

WES does not deserve to be in the system. They told me they have sent verifications to my institution since November 2017 but up till now 28 February 2018 and verifications have not been done. What is most annoying is that the institution Ministry of Food and Agriculture in Ghana, says they have not received any verification notice from them. Please my problem is why is WES lying they have sent verifications to them. So if for 2 years and my institution does not respond, my evaluations cannot be completed? It is even shocking that I have emailed them to do evaluation for the rest of my certificates, but still they are not responding. I think WES is just full of robots. Please can somebody in WES hear and read this?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I sent my documents to WES and they rejected my application. The reason they gave is "The document received was not issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university, constituent or autonomous college). Mark sheets must be issued, attested and sent by the university or autonomous/constituent college", I personally went to University to get transcript and they mail me in a sealed package, so how they can give this silly reason to reject my application. I called to customer service and a guy to whom I talked repeated the reason. Come on man, I also can read that reason on my account. You just give me the solution and a good reason that if it is in a sealed package from university, how it was not issued by institution. I have a copy of that transcript and it is signed by deputy registrar and clearly mentioned the university name. This is so unfair. Really disappointed after paying ~$150.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Utterly disappointing to say the very least. I will keep this short and to the point. Basically I spent 1 year studying for my certificate and a further 2 years studying for my Diploma. I am now 15 years working as a professional in the Construction Industry. I moved to Canada and used WES to assess my credentials to be able to join a professional body relating to my profession. WES assessed my credentials and said they were equivalent to a one year part time certificate here in Canada. Completely dumbfounded as there is no Diploma in Canada for this course. Only a certificate. I rang WES on two occasions, average wait time on phone is 45 minutes, when you get through to someone they are of little to no help. I emailed customer service to challenge the assessment and also request a refund, they replied saying they made an assessment. End of story. Truly disappointing. Few hundred dollars for nothing. Never use this company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I submitted my application back in October and until now still didn't receive any confirmation of my document's reception, even though my college and the courier in North Africa have confirmed me that it's been sent. I called their poor customer service and I felt I was talking to some robots without any kind of compassion. Please don't ever do business with these scammers, you will not only lose your money but your mental health also.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My WES Experience: WES Online Application: 13/12/2017. Sending Document through DHL: 14/12/2017. Document Received: 18/12/2017. Status Updated and Went for review: 20/12/2017. Email sent to the institution: 22/12/2017. Institution Verification Done: 25/12/2017. Verification Received and went for further review: 26/12/2017. Evaluation Started: 27/12/2017. Completed: 5/1/2018.

Overall, I satisfy to WES. Their response was much better and quicker. But need to improve the overall process. 1. I sent my transcript in university sealed envelope. It means that my documents are genuine. Sending verification email to the institution is unnecessary. 2. Evaluation Process need to be faster. 3. Customer service need to be developed. Sometime wrong information is given. 4. Cost of the evaluation and delivery is much higher. Need to reduce the prices.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The first time I called, the person not the phone gave me the wrong information as to what I needed to submit to them. This pushed me back by a couple of months. Fast forward to the present, I sent the two documents they were requesting from me, Academic Transcripts and Proof of Graduation, in one large manila envelope. Each document itself was also labeled with my reference number, just in case they misplaced one. They are now telling me that they only received my proof of graduation and not my academic transcripts. Which makes no sense because I sent them in one large envelope. There is no way they received one and not the other. Which clearly means that they misplaced my transcripts.

All they are telling me is that they will 'reach out to the evaluation team' but if they do not have it, then I will simply have to resend my transcripts. For a company that does this as their business, how do they not understand that it is not that simple to just order another copy. There is no accountability on their part while they make us pay the full amount before we even send in our documents. They say they will 'be in touch', meanwhile not giving me a contact number or email to check in myself. Other than calling the general number. They wouldn't let me talk to the manager, nor give me even their email address. WORST COMPANY EVER. NEVER, EVER USE THEM.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

So you read the WES mission and feel good and see there is a seven day turnaround for evaluations and you fill in your application and pay the money... $247 for a course by course evaluation. They take the money. BUT the seven day turnaround for their evaluation service is by no means accurate. You need to factor in that there can be over a month delay in WES New York Office receiving a document and logging it onto their system. This has happened to me. AND the communications are also really poor - slow, uninformative, inaccurate, anonymous.

The only way to contact WES US is through an online contact form - both times I have tried to find out what is going on I have had to wait 5 and 9 days respectively for a reply which has proven completely unhelpful. At least one of the WES Service Reps gave her first name, the other was anonymous - both said to check my online status and gave no explanation for the delay and no information on what to expect. AND - My Account online - where you check your status - has gone from having received documents, to not having received the same documents. So this is also not accurate or reliable.

I believe they are going through a tech overhaul with updates to the online application process, etc. but this is no excuse to treat clients so badly. A simple phone call to apologize and provide accurate information on when I am going to receive my evaluation report would go a long way to improving this situation. IT HAS BEEN A VERY POOR EXPERIENCE, I am very disappointed and regret having chosen WES to translate my foreign transcripts and provide me with an evaluation report - which, let me make clear, I still do not have. It has now been 33 days and counting since they received all my documents... Where is my evaluation report?! Why no communication?! Choose another company if you need a prompt and professional service!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

The university (that I thought of applying for my Masters) referred to WES.org for GPA score. Within a week from my application submission, WES reviewed the docs; got a notification that my mark sheets were not accepted and looks like they need mark sheets attested by university or autonomous college. Submitted my questions via 'Contact Us' form and got a useless reply after a week and called their customer service to an utter disappointment to hear the same useless reply read back to me. Submitted more questions and made few more calls to customer service; not productive at all and frustrated with this unnecessary held up. The below quoted is the wording that they had at WES.org under required documents: "WES does not accept mark sheets that have been issued and/or attested by the college you attended unless from an autonomous or constituent college. To check if your college has autonomous status 'click here'."

When I checked the college list (via 'click here' above), I found the university (graduated from) listed but not my college in the approved colleges list. My college is an UGC approved college in the past but now an approved Deemed University. To my further verification, the approved colleges list WES has on their website is the latest list from an approved authority (in the country where I graduated). However, since the college is now an approved university, not listed as a college anymore. Mindless WES team seem not to understand this though I shared my country's authority's website reference to prove my point.

And every week keep getting notification to submit the required docs and not cancelling my order to process the refund though I asked them in writing. It's been a month so far. This seems not only unethical business practice but also killing people's educational ambitions. Should have read online reviews/complaints before I proceeded with WES and now I am COMPLETELY STUCK with no visible pathway forward! I am not sure why All universities are recommending WES.org though there are so many severe complaints on WES.org.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

WES needs to understand how things work in the Global South. You can't just automatically presume that the US standards and procedures apply everywhere. I just got off the phone with your staff who said that WES requested further verification but she can't tell me which department/registrar office of the university has been contacted.

In Bangladesh, many university staff members don't even check their emails or fax. Mailing services are also not reliable in many cases. If you can't tell us which specific department you have reached out to for further verification, there is no way for us from the Global South to ensure that the right person responds on time. Your staff told me that I am free to reach out to people at the university. For your kind information, there are 2100+ staff members at the university. If you can't tell us who has been contacted, how would I know who to reach out to? I prepared all materials for admission, but because of WES's very inefficient bureaucratic process and inability to understand bureaucratic processes in the Global South, I would probably miss the Spring 2018 session.

If you claim to be an education service who can evaluate transcripts from international locations, you need to be able to give us specific info on how you do the verification process and which specific department/registrar office you have reached out to. Otherwise, the email or fax or mail will just sit there forever and we will never be able to submit our applications on time. We didn't pay $277 for this!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

This business is revolting. They sat on my documents for a month without doing anything and then decided they could not evaluate my master's - MBA diploma because they needed results from the prep class I took to take the exam. It's similar to asking for grades on a prep test on the GMAT (not GMAT results, result on your mock exams that you did at home or with a course) in order to give you a validation for your Harvard MBA. And when you call, you cannot speak to anyone, only customer reps who have no clue about anything. You cannot contact evaluators, only send them a letter - not an email. You pay a ridiculous amount and they are so incompetent and rude. They hold you hostage because your future admission to some top schools depend on this evaluation of foreign diplomas and they are the worse companies. Serious universities need to stop doing business with them immediately.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Invested: 700 USD, 2 months waiting, a lot of time preparing and writing documents and emails, 1 flight ticket to go to my University and a lot of stress and energy. Return: Nothing! Only some random answers from WES, which not even address my questions nor do they tell me what is wrong. They are absolutely incapable. I followed protocol and prepared everything. My universities and I sent the documents multiple times according to their guidelines and it is still not finished. I gave up, thanks WES, you broke my spirit.

Conclusion: Take another Company/Institution to let your academic documents be verified. You will only get frustrated and fail to match your application deadline and lose a lot of time. Luckily I already have a BA & MSc and make over 100k USD a year. For students who are looking forward to continue their academic careers this entire process is pathetic and insulting. I feel sorry for everybody who instructed WES and after this pathetic process going nowhere losing their Spirit. What a shame!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

The evaluation is not good, I haven't received all college credits I should have. The evaluation reports should have been sent to 2 schools and my address, NONE of them arrived. Now I have to pay additional $30 PER COPY + $15 for tracked delivery. I've not only wasted months of time but also a lot of money on this agency. I would not recommend! If you still go through WES, make sure to pay for tracked delivery the first time.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

WES are the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I have used their services to get my education accredited for my Permanent Residency application in Canada. The website states that their timeline is only four weeks to complete an ECA. It has already taken them 5 weeks since receiving my academic documents to have them reviewed and accepted. On my account they then gave a date of another 3 weeks before it will be completed. It will take them 8 weeks, twice the promised length of time, to complete my application.

I have emailed them on numerous occasions but have only received one reply after 5 weeks stating that my account will be updated in due course. Their phone service is absolutely abhorrent. Generally on hold for 15 to 20 minutes before getting through to a customer agent who are less than helpful. All they do is repeat the information that is stated on your online account. They could not provide me information on what documents were received, when they were received or a time frame as to when my application would be completed. They simply said that it will take four weeks to complete and that they were unable to provide any more information. I strongly urge anybody considering of using their services to look elsewhere. They are an appalling company with zero customer service. Look at all the reviews online. The vast majority are complaints. I only wish that I had reviewed them first.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

WES Canada is insisting that they submitted verification requests to my institution in Ghana but they did not respond. I had to travel from Nigeria to Ghana and found out that WES did not send any requests on my behalf. I have sent numerous emails to WES but they keep on insisting that my institution is yet to respond. This has cost me more than $1000.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Wow. I read the reviews about not using WES for students wanting to study in the US but I said, "How bad can it really be?" I do have an honors degree. Not First Class honors but still... I should at least get a GPA of nothing less than 3 to 3.5. Was I wrong! WES gave me a GPA of 2.5... I am in disbelief! Really? Don't use them if you are wanting to study in the US.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Very, very poor service. Never respond to your emails. I have bought most expensive service from them and got very bad service. I have sent my documents by USPS with delivery notification and only after 3 days after USPS reported about delivery, they update my account and said they received my documents (3 days disappeared!). Then they spend 7!!! days just for accept my documents (really!!! open package and check docs!!!). Now they said 7 more days for evaluation, unbelievable! So, if you don't have other choices be prepared to very bad service and make your plans in advance.

World Education Services Company Information