1.42/5

247 World Education Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

For anyone with the intent of using this company I highly advise you DON'T. PLEASE DON'T!!! HONESTLY, I sent my transcripts to them 4 times but always got a reply that the envelope was either opened or that they were unable to verify that it's the institution that had sent them, point to note is that they had accepted the certificate but not the transcripts. This is after I had followed all their instructions. If you have sent them your transcripts for the first time and they have asked you to send them again kindly don't, just use the another company or you will end up wasting your money and valuable time. I would have rated them lower than a zero if that was possible.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I paid 500$ to WES for evaluating my transcript course by course, as I applied for getting college admission. They keep playing hide and seek with me. I sent all the required documents with translation. They keep asking for the same thing and putting my status on hold, they asked me to go to the instructions you took the courses and asked them to send the transcript directly, I asked my family back home to go get it they spend lots of money for getting them and translate and posting the WES.

After updating my file, they put a hold on my file again and this happened many times. I keep calling them they told me we're going to update your file but still is on hold for no reason. I emailed them at worked times this week. All the colleges I applied are waiting for my WES and they also asked WES to expedite the result. Today is September 4 and everybody is back to school I'm still waiting for WES result. I am not appreciate about their service, it's wasting money and time. They are playing with people.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Dear WES, I've paid for an assessment for 3 qualifications. WES confirmed that they received the documents 3 May 2018. The assessment was completed 3 July, but only mentioned 2 qualifications. I logged an inquiry on 3 July questioning the assessment of the 3rd qualification. Despite me phoning 4 times (and sending 2 mails) since then, I haven't received any feedback from WES. Each time they promise the call will be escalated and I will get feedback in 2 working days, but that never happens. WES also refuse to give you a reference number when you phone them, I find that very strange!! WES - I am a paying customer, please provide the service I paid for in a timely manner.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have recently used the service from the WES. I asked for correcting the name of the applicant as there is a slight mistake in the name. They didn't resolve it in 7 days and yet they are saying that it has been escalated and will take another 3 more days. Seriously their process is not at all good. Applicant should have control over the account, which is a major software glitch and the second thing is their service which is not at all good. I really think Universities should have their own system to do this rather than depending on someone like this. I never recommend using the services of WES again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I was completely disappointed with the experience my wife and I had using WES. I wish I would have read all of the terrible reviews online before I paid this organization. READ ONLINE REVIEWS BEFORE PAYING THIS USELESS COMPANY!!! My wife attended an undergraduate college and a university in India which were both highly accredited. She received multiple job offers after receiving her master's degree in India based on the university that she attended for her master's degree. She chose a global company in India and worked for 3 years.

The university that my wife attended for her master's degree received an AA accreditation, which is the second highest accreditation possible. When she applied for degree equivalency in January of 2018, we paid the $282 for the review and $60 for sealed envelopes. We were shocked when WES responded that they would give her only one year of graduate level education based on her master's degree. Then we read similar online experiences. We were extremely disappointed to see that so many people had to follow up for months and months before receiving proper credentials. The response times of this company are terrible. Once they have your money, they do not care to be helpful. I am a lawyer in the US and my recommendation is to avoid this company at all costs. Find a different way to get your accreditation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Well, I wasn't totally disappointed with WES service. Though my Application was delayed, And the status of my account was on hold for almost 6 months I later found out the fault was from my Institution. WES sent my credentials to my institution for a second verification, and because WES already said I am not required to do anything. I relaxed. Unfortunately my institutions was waiting for me to Authorise it. So when I needed to send my transcript to another organisations, I was told they have some credentials from WES bearing my name that need Authorisation from me. I paid for the courier service and it was sent to WES on July 5th.

WES confirmed the receipt of the credentials on July 12th. I received a mail that my evaluation has been completed on 18th of July. And the evaluation was positive. On that same 18th I was able to view my electronic report. On 27th of July I received my official sealed copy from WES. So my experience was not bad. Like they said it will take them above 7 days to complete the evaluation once all required documents has been submitted. My personal advice is if your credentials has been sent to your institution for verification, and the status of your account is "HOLD". It's advisable to check with your institution to ensure they received it and send it back to WES. Hope this help anyone out there.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

For your own sake please save your money. Most importantly your time. In my case, I paid WES for verification of my documents in Feb 2018. Till date, 6 months later, WES keeps claiming that they have not received emails from the institution I studied at. I am 100% the Institution has sent them numerous emails. A completely frustrating experience. Look at the reviews and take save yourself a lot of heartache. I only wish I had. There are many other options out there eg ECE which I am currently looking into. I am waiting for a refund of my money from WES. A complete waste of time I will never recover, money I spent and the worst customer service you will experience.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Worst customer service ever. I don't believe a company in this 21st century can be so unprofessional. If you are looking to have them evaluate your credentials, you will be lucky if it is done within a year. I have received horrible services in my lifetime, but WES gave me the shock of my life. I can't narrate my experience here because it would be so long. I wish it is possible to give a negative rating. I still plan to sue the company with time.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

If I could give them zero stars I would do. Seriously do not use this company. Their customer service is nonexistent - you will wait over a week for any response at all, usually 2 weeks and there is no phone number you can call them on. I needed to speak to an actual real human because I have slightly unusual circumstances and I emailed them with the same question FOUR TIMES, every time they kept asking me for a document which DOESN’T EXIST. The final time I emailed I got no response from them at all. I now will likely miss my deadline to get my documents in for my MSHS and have to wait another 6 months, THANKS WES. I actually think this company is probably a scam.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Here I would like to share my best experience with World Education Services. 2 Months ago, before starting this process of evaluation with this company of course I checked all the reviews about the company, staff etc. As like others these documents are also dire for me. I thought I should try it whatever the results would be. After that my institution sent my papers around July 04, 2018. On July 09' 2018 WES received my documents and started the process at the same time. They took 04 days to went through my papers and finally I got an email again that my process is completed and verified. Moreover, they sent the report on July 13, 2018 and I received on July 23... I'm feeling very good. Thanks to WES team.

Original review: July 25, 2018

WES received my package without WES reference number and my name on it? Because it has been sent from another country that I live in and I called them twice. I kept on hold last time before they answer 13 min and they connect the tracking number to my WES reference number and to my name and my status changed from "waiting your document "to "your document has been received". So in general I'm satisfied with their service because I was little bit pessimist after reading the negative reviews... Wish me luck for the evaluation process to be completed. :)

Original review: July 20, 2018

What a terrible company, service and customer relationships! I am so unhappy and disappointed and dissatisfied with their service. I sent my official documents twice both for my graduate and post graduate education in an official sealed signed envelope. But they have accepted one of them but rejected the other. I've called the customer service. They insisted on that my documents haven't met the criteria. But my documents have met all the requirements. I resent them another copy of documents, I took images before I sent just to keep a proof. But they did the same. They ruined my original documents. They ruined my time. They ruined my money and finally they ruined my application. I don't recommend this terrible company to anyone in the world.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I applied for WES credential evaluation and subsequently sent all the required documents. However, at WES receipt of the credentials, they informed me via email that they needed the credentials to be verified by the issuing institution and have forwarded them to the school. On getting the sent photocopies of credentials from WES, the issuing institution verified the credentials to WES via email. WES however, failed to accept the verification provided by the issuing institution. They resent the credentials to the school with a request for further information. The issuing institution re-verified the sent credentials for the second time, providing all the needed information as WES had demanded on the verification request.

WES having received the second verification, WES decided not to update my account timeline. In bid to ascertain the problem, I called their customer care only to be told that they WES has not updated my account timeline because my institution did not follow the instructions on the verification request thoroughly and that my evaluation status shall be on hold till my school follows the instruction. WES is trying to deny me the service I paid for using the inefficiency of a third party that got no direct involvement in the evaluation. I have contacted my institution and I was told that WES is being exploitative and malicious to me, that the institution has verified my credentials accurately as demanded.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I applied to WES Canada for ECA on April 13th 2018, submitted all my credentials for evaluation as per their requirement which were received on 17th April. The status updated on my WES account page mentioned credentials received, reviewed and accepted subsequently. On 25th June, when I received my evaluation report online, I was shocked to see the result, which stated that the highest rank credential which is Master of Science is of no academic Value and WES does complete the evaluation for other credentials. I am confused as to why my other credentials are not assessed when I have paid the entire fees for document to document evaluation. I have contacted WES regarding this matter through their help center, but they have not replied back and not sure if they will look into it. I need advice and guidance as what to do next. Do I have to apply again to WES?

Original review: June 15, 2018

Our daughter went to college in Cameroon. We submitted her transcript to WES to be evaluated so that she can gain admission to a 4-year undergraduate university in the U.S. Despite the fact that she has completed 2 years at a community college, this evaluation process is required. Anyway, WES has had her transcripts for over 1 month. We have called the telephone number on the website and it is disconnected. They have not responded via their online message system. It has been much longer than the 48 hours in which they say they will respond. They have no other way to communicate with them.

I feel they have taken our money and are not completing the process. At this point, the colleges are denying her because they are waiting on the evaluation which is not being completed. So we have spent almost $400 to get transcripts evaluated and now it almost does not matter because the colleges are denying her because the process has not been completed by WES and they are not responding to us. I want our money back.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I submitted my documents to WES Canada in April 2018. Till now I have not received any response. I have 5 degrees and each month they are updating that they need additional information from my institution. I went to my institution that is 8 hours far from my place and I asked them to provide details to WES. They did send email in front of me. When I called WES they said they have not receive anything and check back in 2 days. I called them again and they said, "Ask your institution to send it again as we have not received." It seems they are just fooling us. How come an email that was sent in front of me has not been reached to WES. Also, the customer support is too rude when you call them. They talk like if we are asking them to work on something free. We have paid huge of amount of fees and we don't expect such rudeness on call. I heard Canadian are soft spoken and nice people... not sure from where these WES people are.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have summited my document to WES for the Canadian evaluation for the Bachelor and Masters. I got the reply from them that all document accept for both but they wants to re verify my Masters degree certificate & Mark sheet from the institute (WES has requested further verification from the issuing institution and is waiting for their response). Could anyone please advise how to solve this problem in order to get final evaluation for the Bachelor and Masters??

Original review: May 16, 2018

I requested an incomplete evaluation report for my three and a half years at uni during my last semester at college. I was applying to a program in the US at the time and thank God was accepted. However, a year later, I recently completed my evaluation report along with the degree conferred, and my GPA was drastically changed: from a 3.68 to a 3.02. The new report had shifted almost all my As into Bs that were in my previous report. I am assuming that the evaluation system is not standardized and two different approaches were used to complete my very same report. FYI all my other courses in the last semester were all As; they just changed the scoring system for the three years that I had completed beforehand. Very unprofessional and costly as I spent over $300 while using this system.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Save your money and send your documents to UToronto or BCIT... after months of talking to WES I asked for a refund and I am still waiting to receive my money back! I sent my documents in Late December 2017, my documents were sealed, stamped and signed, however there was an issue, my envelope did not have the school logo. In early January WES received the package and told accepted all the documents except the ones in the envelope mentioned before. Their explanation was "The documents MUST be sealed". I called them asking for a more in-depth explanation but they repeated the same error over and over. In mid-January the school sent the documents again but now with a logo on the envelope. The package was now exactly as the example provided by WES.

A couple of days later WES received my new documents, and again they marked my documents as "Not sealed". I called multiple times throughout a whole week trying to get a better explanation of what they meant by "not sealed", after a week of me calling them for answers my documents were now "accepted"... but the issue did not end there... A week later (in early February) the documents went from "accepted" to "need verification". Again I called WES to ask them what they needed. They told me that WES sent out a package to my school, additionally they sent an email, WES told me that I had to wait. After a couple of weeks I called my school and they never received any mail or email.

WES was not helpful at all, I called, emailed and tweeted WES for weeks, trying to solve the issue. But WES never wanted to tell me the address they sent the mail to, or the email they used, they also never mentioned why the school needed to verify their own documents. After a couple of weeks the Twitter rep told me that the consultants had a few questions regarding the documents sent by the school, but still didn't want to provide any additional information. After more emails from me, WES told me "if you are communicating with the school, please tell them to send the documents sealed". I lost it after reading that email. I called and emailed to request a refund. They cancelled all the activity but I am still waiting for my refund.

Original review: April 9, 2018

My wife's file was transferred from WES USA to WES Canada for evaluation on March 21, 2018 for ECA. Once submitted, we were told that the ECA should be released within 20 days (worst case scenario April 08, 2018). On April 09, 2018, I was surprised that the front desk tell me that the evaluation has not started; and will start only after the approval of the submitted file. I am still wondering if what has happened to me is similar with other customers. I started calling a week ago because I was already unsatisfied with WES USA which was not proactive. Unfortunately, the experience with WES Canada is worst. Hope this feedback could help WES Management to improve, and get rid of employees that chase customers away. I would be happy to know that this opinion help WES team to become more customers oriented. Regards.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have been sending my B.Tech worksheets each time and I get a categorical reply from WES saying it is incomplete. In my last communication with them, they have themselves agreed that only Semesters 6-8 are required and sem 1-5 have been filed by them. When I resend them that, they have again categorically replied that documents are pending. I have spend a lot of money on this one. I just feel like they're very careless about their work as when I asked them a screenshot for what I received, they send me an excel screenshot instead of taking a camera pic!

Things are fishy and I don't think they handle documents with care. They claim there was a seal on sem 6 and hence they could not see the marks. I have a copy of what I sent and I clearly noticed that the seal was at the bottom of page and nowhere in the body. I am at a loss of words. Is there an organization to whom I can complain about WES and get a positive action. It has put many people's future at stake including mine.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have never received worse service from any company. They respond to phone and email questions as though they were robots, they claim not to receive documents they have in fact received, and after endless delays and contradictory information they have charged me to "evaluate" documents when I was told repeatedly that I would not be charged unless the documents could be validated. Can´t some consumer rights organization shut these people down? Their "service" is basically a scam with a front that allows them to pretend some degree of legitimacy. Colleges should not be recommending that students use this service!

Original review: March 15, 2018

An awful experience! Very lengthy and bad service. You can't make a change by calling customer service and you have to go through lengthy "contact us" page, filling all the information and wait couple of days each time for changes to happen. It is so unfortunate that I sent them my documents for evaluation. In the system, there is an option to modify your request for address delivery and type of delivery. I changed the delivery address to the place that I originally wanted documents evaluation in order to save couple of days.

However, after evaluation completed, they put my status on HOLD because I had to pay extra money. I called and they said, "You cannot remove yourself as a recipient" and they charged me for another copy ($30) plus mailing cost ($7). First of all, it is not mentioned in the website that once you choose an address you cannot remove or modify it. Second, why they mention it as "Modify your Order"? What kind of modification is it if I can not remove myself as a recipient? Even worse, I was not able to ask on the phone to remove the other recipient. I had to use "contact us" form which takes couple of days to take effect. After using that form and removal of the other recipient, STILL my status is on HOLD for a "ZERO payment due". I used contact us form again and waiting for them to remove the HOLD status. It is just unbelievable. Very disappointing.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I have given the World Education Service 1 Star as the system will not allow me to give no stars! DO NOT USE THE WORLD EDUCATION SERVICE. Having submitted all the educational transcripts, certificates, diplomas and other associated documentation as specified by WES they gave me a date of when my application would be completed. I require this evaluation for immigration purposes and for my future employer. The date of completion that they specified was exceeded five days ago, on contacting their customer services department I was advised that the original date was an 'estimate' only and it may take a few more weeks. After informing them that I felt that this is a breach of contract I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, none were available but I was assured that one would call me back that day. This did not happen.

Today I received my assessment from them, less than 12 hours from my phone call. I have numerous educational qualifications including three Masters Degrees which were submitted to them. The report I received states that I have the equivalent of a 2 year college diploma. They have not assessed Two of my three Masters and the one they assessed they have only classed as a Postgraduate diploma (one semester only).

I called WES again this morning to be told that my file is closed as the assessment has been completed, therefore I need to write to them as the call assistant can do nothing! I have now written to them and have been told it will take a minimum of 48 hrs to get a response. The World Education Service are playing with people's lives, livelihoods and futures and do not give a value for money service. They have failed me in the evaluation of my educational qualifications, failed me by exceeding their own timeline, and their customer service is disgraceful. I cannot state this strongly enough, I do not recommend the World Education Service!

Original review: March 2, 2018

This is the most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with in my life. I have no idea how they got the privilege of evaluating professional degrees from all over the world. Customer service was extremely substandard and the shipping department is horrible! I paid for an overnight delivery for my documents and UPS received orders from WES to ship 2 day delivery instead. This will jeopardize my chance to sit for a certification exam cause I will miss the deadline. I called and they gave me false information numerous times about their response time. In short, I don't recommend anyone to deal with this company even if they force you to do so. I will complain to my certification organization to stop dealing with them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

WES does not deserve to be in the system. They told me they have sent verifications to my institution since November 2017 but up till now 28 February 2018 and verifications have not been done. What is most annoying is that the institution Ministry of Food and Agriculture in Ghana, says they have not received any verification notice from them. Please my problem is why is WES lying they have sent verifications to them. So if for 2 years and my institution does not respond, my evaluations cannot be completed? It is even shocking that I have emailed them to do evaluation for the rest of my certificates, but still they are not responding. I think WES is just full of robots. Please can somebody in WES hear and read this?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I sent my documents to WES and they rejected my application. The reason they gave is "The document received was not issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university, constituent or autonomous college). Mark sheets must be issued, attested and sent by the university or autonomous/constituent college", I personally went to University to get transcript and they mail me in a sealed package, so how they can give this silly reason to reject my application. I called to customer service and a guy to whom I talked repeated the reason. Come on man, I also can read that reason on my account. You just give me the solution and a good reason that if it is in a sealed package from university, how it was not issued by institution. I have a copy of that transcript and it is signed by deputy registrar and clearly mentioned the university name. This is so unfair. Really disappointed after paying ~$150.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Utterly disappointing to say the very least. I will keep this short and to the point. Basically I spent 1 year studying for my certificate and a further 2 years studying for my Diploma. I am now 15 years working as a professional in the Construction Industry. I moved to Canada and used WES to assess my credentials to be able to join a professional body relating to my profession. WES assessed my credentials and said they were equivalent to a one year part time certificate here in Canada. Completely dumbfounded as there is no Diploma in Canada for this course. Only a certificate. I rang WES on two occasions, average wait time on phone is 45 minutes, when you get through to someone they are of little to no help. I emailed customer service to challenge the assessment and also request a refund, they replied saying they made an assessment. End of story. Truly disappointing. Few hundred dollars for nothing. Never use this company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I submitted my application back in October and until now still didn't receive any confirmation of my document's reception, even though my college and the courier in North Africa have confirmed me that it's been sent. I called their poor customer service and I felt I was talking to some robots without any kind of compassion. Please don't ever do business with these scammers, you will not only lose your money but your mental health also.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

My WES Experience: WES Online Application: 13/12/2017. Sending Document through DHL: 14/12/2017. Document Received: 18/12/2017. Status Updated and Went for review: 20/12/2017. Email sent to the institution: 22/12/2017. Institution Verification Done: 25/12/2017. Verification Received and went for further review: 26/12/2017. Evaluation Started: 27/12/2017. Completed: 5/1/2018.

Overall, I satisfy to WES. Their response was much better and quicker. But need to improve the overall process. 1. I sent my transcript in university sealed envelope. It means that my documents are genuine. Sending verification email to the institution is unnecessary. 2. Evaluation Process need to be faster. 3. Customer service need to be developed. Sometime wrong information is given. 4. Cost of the evaluation and delivery is much higher. Need to reduce the prices.

World Education Services Company Information