World Education Services

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hello everyone, my experience with the WES was very good and they completed the report exactly on time. I sent the documents as requested by WES. WES confirmed their receipt and updated as DOCUMENTS RECEIVED, and next day to ACCEPTED status after confirming the documents are in order. On the 7th working day, they finalized the evaluation process. I had a wonderful and pleasant experience with WES. My advice for those who want to evaluate their documents through WES, PLEASE follow the instructions in their website and go accordingly. Everything surely work well. Thank you WES and good luck guys!!

I registered for the WES ICAP Evaluation. I made a mistake in one field in the education tab of the application. I mailed to them four times last month and my request has not been acknowledged. I don't understand why it is so hard for them to accommodate my request. I have been waiting for 30 days and my deadlines are closing. I am very disappointed to have paid $296 such terrible and careless treatment. Problem: I have not graduated yet. I am in the process of completed my degree. I selected the "did not graduate option". Later, I learned that it meant that I stopped my course. This is the reason I contacted them.

I have bought WES services in order to evaluate my university certificate in the beginning of December. I have been sending emails to WES for weeks and I have no answer. I am trying contact by phone every day and nobody answers the phone either. It is a total lack of respect.

They stick to their agreement, once you follow their rules. Ensure you read their requirements and stick to it. They always respond to enquiries, just quote your reference number. My evaluation was ok.

My experience with WES was a smooth sailing one. I did not have a hard time preparing for my credentials. I just followed religiously their requirements in submitting the documents and in less than a month my credentials were given back to me safely and evaluated well. Thank you WES for your great evaluation. More Power and God bless!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Hi everyone, my experience with the WES was very good and they gave the report on time. The documents were sent by me as requested by WES. I mailed them 3 times after sending my reports for confirmation. Within 1 to 2 working days, they promptly replied on time to my mail id. I had a wonderful and pleasant experience with WES. If anyone is having the doubt, they can contact me on my mail id ** so that I can forward the replies given by WES to me. Thanks to all... All the best to everyone for your careers... Bye...

NOTE ALL HAVING TROUBLE WITH WES: Reach out to their twitter page: @wescanada (I'm sure the same can be done with the US if your gripe is with them). Dead end phone service, blanket copy and paste irreverent email responses. If you, like me and many others have waited for your ECA patiently and tried to contact WES after the prescribed 20 business days with absolutely no joy: Please do yourself a favor and hit up their Twitter page. I didn't even have a Twitter account until 4 days ago. A couple of friends suggested using Twitter to do the talking for me. Make sure your account is wide open (standard setup) such that everyone in the world can see your post. Additionally link other relevant pages to it, such as this one (@ConsumerAffairs) and CIC (@CitImmCanada). And just like that, magic beans the ECA was completed. It was as if they had everything ready all along.

Here's mine for example: "@WESCanada Waiting 36biz days. What happened to 20max? No response by phone/email! #VISAdelay #PR #badservice. @ConsumerAffairs @CitImmCanada". My plan was to keep posting one per day increasing the elapsed days waiting. After 2 of these the twitter team jumped into action.

Don't publicly post your reference number, WES twitter should reach out to you via private message asking for this. After 2 posts over 2 business days I was promptly written to directly by the WES twitter team. They asked for my reference number and forwarded my complaint to WES customer service. Less than a day later my ECA was miraculously approved. If you haven't used WES yet then avoid! However, if you're already in, I suggest you try the usual email and phone avenue first. I wouldn't necessarily blast their twitter page until it is past the 20 business days and you have had no response elsewhere.

For my 1 star review: Although I got my ECA approved etc. it was not without effort on my end. $300 should be enough encouragement for a business to check 4 documents match what I claimed. I say docs, but we are talking 6 1 sided pages! Easy money in my mind... WES customer service is appalling. Their response was copy and paste email, not even addressed to me. It basically told me to check the website for updates. This was not a response to my question and also I would have had to use their website in order to email them: They do not have an email address only and email text box on their site. I wasted a 2 weeks trying to get a response.

The phone service is particularly atrocious: "Due to high phone traffic... we cannot take your call... Please try again." End call. That's it, no wait/answering/call-back service. Never once did I have anyone answer. I tried option 2 as if I was an institute, answering machine with a full inbox. Additionally what office is only open 9am-2pm? Can I have a job please? Having waited 35 business days, and due to the above I actually thought it was a scam. Zero stars for this service.

All my docs were delivered to them in less than a week. It would take all of 10 mins to look at the application and verify it against my transcripts. Personally with a well written email I would have been okay with waiting a while longer. The sheer lack of response is what had me worried. This and some people I know actually got their ECA from WES in 2-3 weeks.

The Twitter Team: Thank you ever so much. As I suspected it took no time at all for my ECA to be approved once someone pulled the finger out. Had I not reached out to twitter I would be still pulling my hair out going nowhere. Unfortunately, I should not have to resort to using social media, painting them as a bad company for them to take attention and do something about it. For me personally the story ends here. I am grateful to the twitter team but wanted you all to know that they are an unprofessional company. I suggest looking elsewhere for ECA/CIC if possible. I hope this might be of help to some of you long WES suffering applicants.

Oh yes there's one more thing. It's the flipping 21st Century! This should all be electronic, why do you ask for my email address when clearly, even when my ECA is approved I don't even get an email to say as such. After the twitter stuff, I just decided to check the WES website the following day, to find the almighty approved result. Who doesn't email this notification in this day and age. Crazy stuff. Perhaps the computers only work 9am to 2pm in the WES office! ;)

My documents are delivered to WES at 9th November 2016 and I made all payment via credit card but after completing 1 month I still did not received any report. I emailed 2 times. They replied, "Check your account regularly," and if I tried to call, no answer...

I created a whole account on this website with the express purpose to review WES. This is truly a shade business and company. I sent the various documents off as specifically requested. 3 weeks later I get an email saying my transcript has not been accepted. No other explanation as to why it was not accepted. Did I send it wrong, was there not enough information or was there something else they required. The whole process has been somewhat of a guessing game as to what they actually want. I'm English and I even found their use of language and explanations difficult to truly grasp. It is as though they write things obscurely on purpose to create confusion. I wrote 3 emails and nearly 2 weeks later I finally hear something and it was two sentences. Transcript not accepted.

I tried to contact WES via phone more than one and they never answered. I also email them for having important information. After reading all that negative feedback on WES I decided to contact another evaluator, GCE. GCE was extremely efficient, they always answer to the phone for information and, after I paid $240 (express mail included) for a three day rush service they completed the course-by-course evaluation on time and sent the report with an overnight express mail to the academic institution I wanted to enroll. I strongly recommend them if you want to be sure your evaluation will be done in time.

On 9/22/2016 I made a full credit card payment of $249.00 for a foreign country higher education evaluation. I complied with what was requested, which was to submit copies of all transcripts and not original. I finished that level of education abroad, 30 years ago. My grandmother took 6 months to gather the information and mailed it to me. I made copies of all documents I received and mailed them to WES following the instruction online by WES. Couple of weeks went by and didn't hear from WES about the status of my request. I attempted to call several times, unsuccessfully, at times for over 45 mins only to get hung up on when they answered.

6 weeks went by, and my college suspended my college education for not having that evaluation done. Finally Monday this week I got through WES and the customer lady stated that original documentation must be sent from the Department of Education from the country I'm native from, in a sealed envelope directly to WES. As I repeated to them over and over again, it took 6 months for my grandmother a 76 year old lady to gather all information, transcripts and diplomas. I had already called the Department of Education a year ago, and they told me that in order for me to get those documents someone must initiate the process in person. And that per their own requirements online I was not going to send original documents because I was not going to have them return to me.

I then decided that I was going to take my business elsewhere, I was then informed that $50 was going to be deducted from my full refund as cancellation charge. Nowhere on the Terms and Conditions states that $50 is the cancellation fee. This company refuses to refund the full amount. The way they do business is shady, dishonest. I would not recommend anyone to do business with them. As a matter of fact, RUN the opposite way.

One of the worst services I have ever encountered. Almost unreachable by phone or by email. Whenever when you are calling you should wait at least 30 minute and there is no fact that they are busy. Information that you can find on the site or can get by representative is literally nothing. They just continue saying same sentence as a robot instead of normally explain the situation. I have finished my University with honor, but WES said your GPA is 3.47 and there are a lot of C marks. No one could answer why they "evaluate" like that. I am really going to complain about this organization whatever it would worth for me.

Hi WES, We have good technology now... I would request you to implement online uploaded documents for the verification. However, we will get the stamped and signed transcripts from University/Institutions from authorities. So that I will reduce cost and time, reduces risk in misplacing document and also avoid delay in receiving oversea couriers.

I order WES service to evaluate my undergraduate degree and transcripts after I was enrolled in graduate school. I want to say this company really really sucks! Their phone contact option is a total waste and I called them like a thousands time and no one answers after they keep me wait for a long time. And they only reply emails after three days which means if you have an emergency situation you wouldn't be able to contact them immediately.

I ordered my evaluation on July and they haven't finished even on October and if I don't provide my final evaluation of my undergraduate, I wouldn't be able to register the next semester's courses! WES just don't care about you. I really question their professionalism and I don't think so-called "evaluation" will cost me 87 dollars. Anyone who is not stupid can do such basic jobs like "evaluating". I strongly recommend NOT to use World Education Service. This ** company will be replaced sooner or later.

So here's the deal: I honestly think they're out of business and there's no one there! My emails never get answered. They are only open 9am -2 pm EST. (I mean who does this?) And every time I call within this time frame an automated message says "due to high call volume no agent can pick your call". I created a login on their website and forgot password. After I request a new password it simply goes to an error page. Now since my birth date and name is associated with it, I cannot create another account unless I create a new email address!! This has been my worst experience with any website; third world countries have better websites and support than what WES has!

I first opened my account with them in May 2016, then opened one for my husband. The university in South Africa sent forms to them but they did not accept the forms as it was not from an institution recognised by them. Instead of then requesting further information they disallowed the forms. South Africa since the new government has changed some names of organisations and procedures. I then contacted another company in South Africa to handle the authentication. They immediately did this and couriered the documentation to WES.

WES have had this since the 14th of September. If I log in the tracking number they say please allow 3 working days to review this. If I phone the number just rings. If I email they never respond with anything intelligent. Just "Thank you for contacting World Education Services (WES). This is an automated message to confirm receipt of your correspondence. A representative will review your question(s) and respond to you as soon as possible. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work to address your inquiry. We look forward to assisting you." That was 1 week ago!

I recommend WES for everyone. They do their job perfectly. But, you have to send your documents exactly according to what's written in their web site. After I sent my documents, I read the reviews. You scared me to death with all these negative experiences! But mine was very good. They have finished my evaluation report even one day earlier than the expected date!! Wow!!! Thank you WES.

I am so disappointed about WES. I submit my original transcripts and I am still on hold for 4 months. I missed fall semester already and I decided to cancel my process. They sent me an email recently in this week saying that so sorry about older mails that I even did not received other mails and they gave me a name and a number. That guy is not responding my mails. I cannot explain my frustration that I am not able to enroll the colleges that I want because of WES issues.

I want to apply US Master degree and the school accepts WES evaluation. I send all official transcript to them. After about 2 weeks I received my evaluation report with GPA 3.0 which is acceptable to the program. My evaluation status showed completed and I can order any additional copy to any other university. I had very good experience with WES.

Consumer Increased Rating!

WES sent my documents back. My issue resolved!

Swetha of Westhaven, CT on

Original Review

Hi. I submitted my original documents for evaluation to Wes, but still I received status as required documents are not submitted. I have seen all the reviews. Now am scared. Will Wes ever return my original documents which are my future... these originals are from India, and it is impossible to get my originals back from India. Can anyone please let me know how to get my originals back, any reply would be greatly helpful... please. Thank you.

I sent my evaluation to WES as I thought they do a better JOB given the amount of experience they claim they have. My 12 courses taken in UK with a NON-Awarding Institute was made equivalent to a 4-year college degree and the membership certificate (non-degree) was made equivalent to a degree certificate by WES. It is utterly ridiculous the way they just made that such a short course - of less than 2 years of study they made it equivalent to an full - 4 years college degree in USA. They do not offer any explanations what made them to do that. Their decision is final. Some Universities have made them the only evaluator acceptable, which is double crazy. They really do a half-hearted job with zero diligence work. I would NEVER recommend anyone to go to them for evaluation, they also charge a premium fee for a crappy, sub-standard JOB! I requested re-evaluation - and that came out with no-revision made!!!

Had to order a WES review of my Canadian degrees to apply for a US graduate program. Followed the directions online and had no issues. Was updated in a timely manner on when documents were received. The evaluation was completed before the expected date I was provided. Added UPS ground for delivery so I could follow tracking. Once documents were received - less than a week processing time to delivery.

In 2003, I have decided to evaluate my credentials through WES. I've sent them all documents they required from me. After 6 years I asked them to send the same transcript to another college, but unfortunately, they ignored all of my requests. I've been asking them by emails, faxes and I've even sent them an official letter attention Mariam Assefa - CEO of WES - with no such response. I don't know why they are doing like that. All their concern was to collect $280 from me. After that you will be completely ignored. I am sure thousands of students were and still suffering from WES. I advise all students, don't apply with WES to evaluate your credits because they will ignore your request completely at the end.

I recently wanted to use WES services to evaluate my diploma. I sent them my documents, including original diploma and my original school transcript along with payment of $204. My diplomas was returned back to me because they needed it Apostilled. However, I never received my transcript back. I called numerous times and spoke to representatives to get the remaining document back. However, I did not get a clear answer on where my transcript was. I wonder what should I do regarding this matter because the only option for me to get that transcript would be to travel to Russia and get it from the University there. And this is absolutely not possible for me to do that at this point.

I applied online to get an assessment with World Education Services last Aug 2 2016. I paid $284.76 to get my college grades evaluated. I courier all required documents to World Education Services. And I received an email saying my transcript has been rejected. I've been calling World Education Services and sending them emails about my documents being rejected but They never got back to me. They rejected my documents even without telling me what is wrong. They never contact me (as per their website - World Education Services will contact you if you have problem with your application) but they never did. I didn't even get my evaluation. And now I'm late for the college. DO NOT TRUST WORLD EDUCATION SERVICES. They just want your money. They don't care about the customer. It's very frustrating working with World EDUcation Services

I decided to do my evaluation with this company. So, I gladly had sent them my documents with a pre-payment of the full amount. They started requesting additional information, which in essence was completely absurd. Check this out. I had all the necessary seals on my documents. However, that was not enough "proof" that those were legitimate. I would have to have my original documents sent over from NYC all the way back to Ukraine (estimated 14-20 days), have some other company to look at it, then have it "verified" by that very company, which has no relation to my university whatsoever, and then that third party company would send it back to NYC for further evaluation (14-20 days) plus initial evaluation approximately 20 days. Isn't it insane?

And the sweetest part is that when I cancelled the service while they had not done ANY work on it yet, they requested a $50 cancellation fee from the total amount of $215. I actually lost time and money with them. This is a totally incompetent, poorly managed, low performance company that deserves to be shut down immediately. I would be more than happy to take part in hammering this company down, if anyone knows how to take legal action on them.

I have evaluated my International High school, Bachelor's and Master's Degree from them and the whole process completed in 2 months. This delay happened due to my mistake in sending stamped and sealed degree and transcripts to WES office. After they received everything in order then they only took two weeks to process the whole report. Don't bother bad review about WES. Try yourself first and follow instructions properly.

This is the first time I ever have the need to file a complaint. The day I applied and paid my application, I also asked my school to forward my official transcripts. I graduated from a respectable UC in the US with double degree. Never would I expected that today, a month and a half after I applied, my result is still not available. My lawyer's been asking about it, and my ECA is the only thing that halting mine and my husband's EE application. I called almost 10 times, each time I waited for about 12-15 minutes. I got a hold to them once.

When I asked about my application, she said they'll need 20 business days AFTER documents are approved. They approved my documents 3.5 weeks after my application. Even if they got my documents a week afterwards, they said that it might take them up to 3 days to review. Nope. It took them 2 whole weeks. I've been contacting them 2 times online and got no one to reply me until I sent them Facebook message. I got another vague answer how they would need 20 days after documents are approved. Another BS basically. Please don't use their service unless you want another problem in your life. This company sucks.

Stay away. I have no way how these people still in business? They kept my wife's paper for month and every time I call they comes up with different excuses after long waiting time. When I cancelled they charged me almost half the money even though they did nothing. Big scam company.

Too bad that the majority of the universities and colleges accept or suggest this crappy agency, and even way worse that I did not research reviews, I agree to the brothers and sisters here. My school sent the transcripts. They accepted them, had to pay everything, I have a degree! I passed my nursing boards, wanted to continue my education and apparently this fraudulent website or agency came up with the option that they could JUST write a letter saying that my 4yrs were just a preparatory (reallyyy?) with no degree or equivalences so at the end it was not possible to evaluate course by course. Many times I asked why and the only response it was, "Well that's what it says in the computer" (well hello, I can read either, her system is the same apparently that I have.)

I asked them if it was possible at least to write the class name with the credits just for the school to see it and they said NO. Had to cancel. Their customer service was one of the worse ones. Once I cancelled which they did not care, I got charged with a cancellation fee of course. So my expenses that I had to pay from school, then S&H, then to their fee, yeah more than 120 dollars just for fun. Very very disappointed. Please don't use this one. Ask your college for a list of agencies but WES, just delete it from your list please.

World Education Services Company Profile