4.8/5 (326 ratings)

About World Education Services

World Education Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Original review: July 17, 2022

Actually, I will say this is the best credential evaluation service in the world. Every step was clear-cut, explained, and understandable. Even though, it is not somewhat easy to get transcripts mostly in Nigerian tertiaries institutes. But when I eventually scaled through, because my school helped me from the start to the end and get the transcripts mailed to the WES. The experience with the WES to the completion of the credential evaluation was wonderful. The report was very ok, formal and highly presentable.

My advice to people in need of this type of service out there is that, do not wait till the time you will be asked to provide credential evaluation whether for academic purposes or immigration or jobs. Get it done in advance and from the WES platform, it can be forwarded to wherever it's needed. Yes, there were some delays experienced, majorly from my end, courier service delay also contributed a little. I applied for the Credential evaluation on April 11, 2022, and started collating all the required documents on 13th April 2022 in Nigeria. Delay from my school set in, courier delivery delay set in, and the transcripts eventually got to WES in Canada on the 6th of June, 2022. The secondary verification strictly between WES and my school started and eventually got my final evaluation on the 15th of July 2022. I love the whole process and it was wonderful. You will never regret getting your credentials evaluated.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I am from India and I was applying for higher education, the university asked my Indian grades to be converted to the US scale to proceed with the admission. I chose WES and the experience has been great.

Things I Liked
- Website design and layout.
- All required info mentioned is clear.
- Tie-up with / able to recognise Indian colleges.
- Immediate status updates on the application both via email and mobile app.
- Evaluation report is done in 3 days and the same day delivered to the university.

- ICAP plan to store our evaluation and get a badge via credly to link it to social media like LinkedIn.

Things I would like them to improve / dislikes
- Even though the help center is good, but its FAQ style.
- We need a customer support chat window as competitors like ECS and IEE provide 24/7.
- Phone support is good, but some agents need training while handling international clients as English is not our first language.
- I called thrice and in that 2nd agent (guy) was not that pleasant to talk to (felt like condescending tone) but the women agents were good.
- It would be great if you could provide call support for evaluation-related queries as the current support team are not aware of some questions and I was asked to submit a form.
- I asked my query via submitting the form, but the resolution was not satisfactory.
- The mobile app was great, but it was having performance issues and getting stuck on IOS.

- Fees were a bit on the higher side, it would be great if you have lower fees at least for students going for higher education as they are already short on funds.

PS: For those who graduated from NIT Bhopal, even though WES mentions they need official documents in a sealed envelope, our college can send Transcripts to WES electronically (I think via email), so please contact COE to send them accordingly for a faster process and avoiding to pay for the postal fee.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I applied to a University in the USA for my Ph.D. program through the SOPHAS system and as a requirement, I must do academic records evaluation by World Education Services (WES) the USA, ICAP. I created an account with WES and started the application in a simple and clear step-by-step process. WES was patient enough for me to raise the needed sum of money to pay for my academic records evaluation and subsequently received the WES REFERENCE NUMBER needed for my document for the evaluation. WES regularly updated me on the status of my application through my email and through my WES account for any information or action I needed to take. For example, after payment and receiving of the WES ref number, there was a little delay on my part to send my academic records (both certificate and transcript) to WES. WES sent me a message through my WES account that they were waiting for my document(s).

I thought sending my documents to the WES by the school(s) authority might delay the process for me as I was trying to meet the SOPHAS application deadline so I decided to send the hard copies I had by a courier using the required address given by WES; in a few days, I checked my WES account and my email, I was told the certificates were accepted but the transcripts were not accepted because the school authorities did not sign across or stamp across the envelope, No form was filled by the authorities as wanted by WES. Finally, I decided to send the documents to WES by the school's authorities electronically if they have an email with WES. This was successful and WES again send me a message through my WES and email accounts upon receipt of my academic records from the school(s).

In less than one week, WES send another message that my evaluation report was ready and sent to my recipient SOPHAS electronically a copy and sent to me. The evaluation process is faster than you may think if everything goes well on the part of the applicant. I am happy also to receive my digital badge awarded by WES as congratulation to me.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

The WES credential evaluation has been a great experience and it went completely smooth throughout the process. The journey of my application started on 14th September 2021, on which I sent the courier using DHL and it reached within following 3 business days to WES, that means WES received all of my documents on 16th September 2021.

I was under the impression that it will take at least months to receive the response from WES with completed report, but it received the response only within two weeks, that is I received the WES completed evaluation report on 30th September 2021 itself. I am extremely satisfied with their service and they have been notifying with each step of their evaluation on the WES website which was highly helpful to track down the evaluation status.

Therefore, I would highly recommend everyone to educate yourself with correct procedure to be followed as instructed on WES website and there would not be any hold-ups or disappointment in the evaluation process, only if the documents are precise as they have been mentioned in document requirements page linked with your institution and eventually, the final completed report can be received at the earliest from them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I got my ECA report done in just 1 day after submitting all my documents to WES and after all transcripts reached and accepted at WES. One of my universities sent the transcripts by electronic method (Symbiosis) and one (IGNOU) used the services of India Post. As I had applied for Canadian equivalency report, I was needed to instruct my University to send the transcripts to the Canadian address of WES.

Due to pandemic’s resurgence in India, the flights to Canada were not operational because of the Canadian government's ban on flights from India. So I contacted WES over email and asked if the transcripts can be sent to US address of WES. They responded quickly (next day) and allowed me to do this. After this response they also emailed me again to let me send the transcripts on my own also, instead of the requirement that University must send the transcripts. Finally, my University sent the documents to US address of US on 18 Aug 2021 which were delivered there on 8 Sept 2021.

I emailed them on 14 sept 2021 to acknowledge the reception and acceptance of the same. They responded on 17 sept 2021 mentioning that documents were received and were under review. On 21 sept 2021, they told me that all the required documents were received to prepare my evaluation report, and estimated completion is 30 days. But to my surprise, it was completed the next day itself on 22 sept 2021. My Canadian equivalency report shows that my Indian degree and diploma were equivalent to a Canadian degree and diploma, i.e. same in both countries.

Overall, application process was smooth, no issues in payment with my credit card, uploading documents was easy, document requirements were explained on the website very clearly, customer service was quick and satisfying. One more thing, I was unable to raise a query during the weekend from their website because this service remains disabled during weekend. I am extremely satisfied with their services.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Easy process. Documentation information properly mention and illustrated. Very very fast - once documents are received. Regular update via email. Detailed report provided, course by course evaluation. Extensive list of factors considered in evaluation. Didn't even need to read the FAQs or contact customer support.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

The grading system is really straightforward and the evaluation processes undertaken by WES are top-notch. Although it took a long time to get my evaluation, the wait is worth it. Despite the bulk of customers they may have every day globally, their customer care service is really good. Overall, I am happy with the results I have gotten from WES.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

ECA through WES was a smooth process. All the instructions rated to document upload by candidates are clearly explained in their website. Instructions for colleges/institutions on how to share documents are clearly explained. Evaluation was a quick process.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

It’s very easy and helpful to use WES for your education credential assessment. After receiving of my documents it took only 6 days to evaluate and got my pdf report by email. Strongly recommend to opt WES for your ECA.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Evaluating my credentials through WES was an amazing experience for me. I was expecting the results in 2-3 weeks but was surprised that it was ready in a week! I would recommend WES to anyone for a speedy result.

World Education Services Company Information