1.19/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

World Education Services

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 7, 2017

209 World Education Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

WES Canada is insisting that they submitted verification requests to my institution in Ghana but they did not respond. I had to travel from Nigeria to Ghana and found out that WES did not send any requests on my behalf. I have sent numerous emails to WES but they keep on insisting that my institution is yet to respond. This has cost me more than $1000.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Wow. I read the reviews about not using WES for students wanting to study in the US but I said, "How bad can it really be?" I do have an honors degree. Not First Class honors but still... I should at least get a GPA of nothing less than 3 to 3.5. Was I wrong! WES gave me a GPA of 2.5... I am in disbelief! Really? Don't use them if you are wanting to study in the US.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Very, very poor service. Never respond to your emails. I have bought most expensive service from them and got very bad service. I have sent my documents by USPS with delivery notification and only after 3 days after USPS reported about delivery, they update my account and said they received my documents (3 days disappeared!). Then they spend 7!!! days just for accept my documents (really!!! open package and check docs!!!). Now they said 7 more days for evaluation, unbelievable! So, if you don't have other choices be prepared to very bad service and make your plans in advance.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Wish I have read the reviews before I pay the fees to them. I have been calling them over a month, holding the phone for 40 minutes to an hour with no one answering the phone. It is just crazy. I got an email that my university send the documents and those are not complete documents. I want to tell them that this is due to the fact, I got admitted to second year in degree program so there won't be 1st and 2nd semester report card. I emailed them the same but have not heard anything back. If you have not pay them then please stay away from this company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I never recommend WES for foreign education evaluation. They don't have minimum courtesy to respond to the inquiries. No one answers US customer care number 212-966-6311. No response to email inquiries.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We called World Education Services and discussed having transcripts from the Philippines evaluated. We were told that we could fax the information to WES and this would be acceptable for the evaluation; however, after we paid for the evaluation the story changed. We were later informed that the transcript had to be sent directly from the institution. As we waited a week after we paid for the expedited review, the evaluation was no longer needed as we already had the entrance conference. They refused a refund. As I look back on it now, we should have just disputed the charge with the credit card company. Before you use World Education Services please look at the hundreds of reviews online about this company. If your school gives you options, consider all of your options for a transcript evaluation. In this day and age do not use a company without reading any online reviews about the company.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I don't recommend this company at all for International Education Evaluation. It's been more than a month that I've been sending emails, or even trying to reach them by phone, but the only answer that I received it's "thank you for your email," nothing more, so I have to say that is not only poor service but completely lack of it. It seems more a scam company.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

International degree evaluation - Please DO NOT by any means use this company. This is one of the worst companies I've ever experienced. At first they didn't link my degree & transcript to my account. Then they took days before accepting it. After all that I paid an extra $50 for a 3 business day to rush the service when they gave me the option, and guess what, 5 days later I still have no information about the progress whatsoever. I've tried to email them, they mail you back after 4-5 days back. I've also tried to call them, but you'll be waiting almost an hour before someone can attend you. And as a person living outside the states, you'll be wasting all your money on just calling them. So, for me, I will never in a million years use this company again for any service they can provide for me.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I have been trying to reach them by phone, but they don't answer the call. I've sent my documents, but they told me "Your documents didn't meet WES requirements," and I told them "return my documents." After one month I've mailed with them they sent my documents, but I found out, they didn't send all documents. Just my certificate and their report and they fined me $50 + 35 for shipping. I've asked them about my degree courses, but nonsense answer. I've been sending a lot of mail to return the rest of documents, but I've received nonsense reply. I really need the rest of my documents. Please advise me what I should do?

Original review: June 13, 2017

Have been trying to reach them by phone and email for almost two weeks now. They do not answer the calls nor reply to the email. Hopeless service. I don't think this agency should really continue if they do not want to provide service to the customers and I have no idea how do such agencies get approved by NACES.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I will not recommend WES to anyone. Please don’t go for this organization. I have very bad experience with WES which I will share here. 1-I have never seen the customer services like WES, the sloppiest one, they simply don’t care for your emails and calls. 2-Their aim is to make money from peoples only. 3-They are not verifying your documents from your home country/institutions/higher educations. 4-As they say that their reports is based on their opinions only, which means you have to pay and know their opinions about your educational qualifications. 5-I wonder that if they received a verified and attested photocopies from academic institutions and higher education then how they can say that this documents has no value in Canada.

6-They don’t have any qualified staff to VERIFY your documents and issue the reports on international standards. 7-After wasting of money and one year of time The WES will simply write to you that use another organization for your education assessment... and WES will not return your education photocopies... but for foreigners it is very difficult/impossible to go back to their home countries and did this all process again for other organization because attestation and verification of photocopies are a very long and costly process. 8-I am surprised that Canadian government allow/registered this organization which represent Canada’s first impressions. Please if someone suggest me how to file a case in Canadian court regarding this organization. Thank you.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Beware. WES will claim any document you send them as theirs. Paid for a service, submitted original documents in of my transcripts and a diploma. Was told they could not accept my documents and now it is the property of WES.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I don't recommend this Organization for your International educational evaluations. There are few reasons, when I made this statement. They don't understand the International grading structure well and they adopt their own ODD methodology (not general practiced by any other Organization) to allot your Semester Credits. They don't allot B+ & C+ on Semester credits, though your marks are on high end, which puts down GPA drastically, when they multiply with grade points for your GPA. No one answer your phone, horrible customer service. Don't have set of norms/rules, which in turn screw up your life.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I went to my country (Albania) to receive an official transcript of my credits of my two year college. Paid 40$. When I returned to USA, I called the college I was interested to attend and they referred me to Wes.org. Horrible experience. Sent the paperwork. Paid 150$ for it and I didn't get any response from them. I found out by log in the page that my document needed approval from the office in Albania. The document was original, translated and notarized. I don't know what they are looking for. I asked them to return my paperwork since I paid a lot for it... They never replied my emails for two months. Their office hours are 9-2. I am on hold for 40 minutes every time I call.

Yesterday finally I got a hold of them. I asked them to return my document. The lady said that my document is not original so they are no returning. I asked her to please not stop my education opportunity by holding this document, since I have no other way to get another document unless I go back in my country... She said: "I will put you on hold so you can calm down." I have never ever in my 12 years in this country dealt with such an obnoxious response. I need my paperwork. Please someone help me... Why are they holding my documents. They claim they are charging 50$ for reviewing it... This is nonsense. Can anyone tell me what did you do? Can I get the police involved? Lawyers? Where are they located? I want to go to their office. The website shows a PO box only. I wish I had not dealt with them. I want to continue my education. Why are they stopping foreigners to succeed? Are they racist?

Original review: May 1, 2017

This company is an absolute scam. After paying a ridiculous amount of money to get two documents evaluated, I decided I wanted to call to TRIPLE check that what I had ordered and the documents that I was having shipped from overseas were fine. I called FOUR TIMES to the number provided on the site (two of the times I called the call mysteriously failed about 10 minutes into waiting, and the other 2 times, I waited over 30 minutes before giving up). I emailed over 4 times and got absolutely no response. I finally resorted to writing to them on Facebook. I got some generic answer about waiting for them to answer via email.

It has been over 3 weeks since I started calling and emailing and I have not received a response. I had to send another email to them asking that they cancel my order. Of course, no response there either. I finally had to call my credit card company and explain the situation. Fortunately for me, they refunded me all my money. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, THEY DO NOT HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER SCAM.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I had to evaluate my grades in education done in India for further studies in US through WES. Though the evaluation went on correct with few mistakes, for instances, my second language subject "Alternate English" taken in Bachelors in University of Calcutta turned to "Malayalam", of which I am completely unaware; location of my college changed from Kolkata to Karnataka; yet the worst part of this organization is its customer care. When my evaluation went to hold due to some unreasonable circumstances, I called the organization some ten times a day, and finally one fine day I got the opportunity to talk to them after a wait of thirty minutes, and yet was not provided with a proper suggestion. Some universities and organizations in US require WES evaluation, but I would suggest anyone and everyone to try out any alternate organization for international evaluation.

Original review: April 20, 2017

I filed my application in Oct 2017, about 7 months back, and during this period I have written them at least 20 times but my evaluation is still not complete. WES is the most inaccessible organization I have ever seen. They don't seem to realize that doing their job fine and in time is so important for people who apply for evaluation from them. Their indifference to the delay in process is baffling. Can somebody tell me if there is a way to get the evaluation done from some other organization. Highly disappointed with WES' level customer service.

Original review: April 11, 2017

My husband contacted this company and specifically asked if they could use the copies he has as the school did not keep his records due to it was a small school in Mexico. The agent said yes we can so we paid $167 for the evaluation. After 3 weeks of no communication and multiple attempts on our end to contact them they declined the case due to the documents were copies, which we were told they would work with. Then it took another 3 week for a refund in which they said they were keeping $50 of it for processing. I contacted the company multiple times about how we would not of paid had the agent not lied to us. ERIKA ** was very rude and refused the refund at all cost. If you have issues with this company, her email is **.

Original review: April 2, 2017

I have sent all the required documents in required sealed envelope through university and even it was delivered as per courier report with the receiving person signature M ** but the site update of WES is telling that document not received and order canceled, without intimating the reasonable cause.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I ordered for the evaluation of a foreign education from WES on January 4, 2017. According to the guidelines on WES website, you must send a WES form requesting the transcripts of your education to your education institution. And that the institution in return must mail the information directly to WES in a signed and sealed envelope. I did exactly as instructed and paid for FedEx courier to WES as charged by the institution.

FedEx delivered the document and signed for by WES employee on February 24, 2017. I have exchanged many correspondence with WES to confirm recipient of the document from FedEx, at a point, they admitted recipient on the status of my order on WES website. Few days later, it was changed to "waiting for confirmation from institution" from that February till today!!! WES, is pathetic, fraud, heartless and fake!!! WES is a racist in the discharge of the camouflage services to the public. Immigrants should watch out and beware and avoid WES!!!

Original review: March 30, 2017

Do not use WES. They are not competent in evaluations, just a business that receives money and puts you on hold. I asked them to evaluate my transcript from Russia. They told me that my transcript was sent for authentication (even though it was stamped and signed by the university, translated and notarized with translation bound with a temper resistant stamp).

I contacted them 5 times through online service and once over the phone. Received nothing but from emails that they are verifying the transcript. Send five explanation that I contacted the Russian university and they do not reply to mail requests. The WES did not reply. Disputed charges with the bank and took the refund. I would advise to not wait on them completing their service for longer than 40-50 days and dispute the transaction with your bank, because that is what the WES wants - to wait until your charge card period of dispute (90 days) is over so they can keep the money without providing any service. They are a scam preying on international students.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I have worked with this business and I can say that they provide the worst services that I have ever experienced. They charge 50 dollars to cancel an application and what is worst, they cancel the application for you if the documents that you send have a tiny error or they see that your documents don't match their requirements. Also, they never provide information about what you have to do and if you want to contact them. They never answer calls and the respond to every email is about two sentences. If you don't ask for you documents and your money back, they never are going to do it. Be careful, and avoid this business; if you had a bad experience you can make a complaint on the IC3 website.

Original review: March 28, 2017

After more than 1 month that my documents arrived in their office, my status returned to "waiting for required documents". All the documents I sent for my bachelor degree shows "accepted", and also my master degree documents show "accepted", but they are asking for a "degree confirmation" for my master degree. However, in the documentation page, degree confirmation is only asked for "completed doctoral programs", which is not my case. I sent them 3 emails asking for an explanation since March 1st (today is March 28th), but I always get answers like "Your email query has been forwarded to WES Evaluation Department for their review." and nothing more. Each time I send an email I have to wait for a long time for an useless reply. Besides, my bachelor degree documents were already accepted but I can't get the report because of this. I hope I can get a report soon.

Original review: March 10, 2017

I will list down very few reasons NOT to use WES: They never pick the phone and good luck to wait for 10 days for an email reply. They take way longer than 20 business days. EXPENSIVE for this slow, unresponsive service. A friend of mine has 2 degrees to be assessed however WES just evaluated one and he had to wait again for a month for them to fix it. If there is less than 1 star rating I would have given it to WES. Pay yourself a favor and pay a bit extra with any other assessment companies.

Original review: March 6, 2017

I had World Education Services do an evaluation for me, I had been going back and forth with them for several years. I recently contacted them to let them know I did not need their evaluation service and requested a refund, I waited more than 3 weeks for my refund check and the check came but was issued with a spelling error on the name of person on check.

It was a huge inconvenience since I made it very clear to WES in my previous communication that the person whose card we used at time of transaction would not be readily available to help correct any errors made by WES in processing the refund. The person whose card we used to make payment was in another country. So I have a check with an incorrect name on it and if I request a correction to be made I may have to wait another 3+ weeks for WES to reissue a correct check, a huge inconvenience. I would not recommend WES to anyone, I paid $210, and they only sent a refund for $160, they said the $50 was a processing nonrefundable fee. Fortunately the bank agreed to deposit the check after I told the manager the issues I had with WES. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I WISH I would have listened to the reviews that I read prior to spending $250 on this ECA, which I cannot even use. I was okay with the delay in responding and understood this was going to be a difficult process by nature, but this company's COMPLETE lack of communication makes me feel like I was totally scammed. They DID NOT COUNT one of my educational credentials, which was detrimental to my immigration score. When I followed up to ask why they did not count it, they gave me the standard auto reply. At this point, I don't trust their assessment so I'm going to spend ANOTHER $250 to have it evaluated again, by a different company. There are other options - do not use WES.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2017

World Education Services turns out to be a phony organization that makes money on fraudulent promises. First of all, they demand a substantial payment ($152 in my case). Then, they invent an impossible requirement to comply with, like for example a sent-directly original from a foreign school that does not exist anymore. Once the order is canceled, it is impossible to contact WES again and claim the refund. Letters sent to them by the US Postal Service are ignored. WES should be prosecuted.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

I did a full course by course evaluation which costs $205. The results was submitted to the University as requested, but WES refused to include a copy of the my transcripts which was sent to them from my college unless I pay an additional $80. This is absurd. I spent $200 (FEES and postage) getting the transcripts from my foreign college to WES in the first place. Now they wanted me to pay another $80 for a photocopy of MY TRANSCRIPTS so that it may be emailed to the University. This is truly exploitation. I urge everyone to pay close attention to these reviews because they reveal a staggering track record. I wish I looked at them before applying.There are better options that can be explored for the this kind of work. There is no contact with customer service, except via a messaging features on their website. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

I have very bad experience with WES. It's been a month I did not hear anything back from them neither my status changed. Every time I call them, no one picks up and only auto voice that all the customer representatives are busy. It's very frustrating when you have already paid 250 $ and you don't get any updates or answers. Since last week I am calling every day and stayed online up to half an hour. It's so strange that no representative is free to take calls in half an hour. Very poor service.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I have had the same issues as others that did not get a response nor anyone picking up the phone in their so called customer care department. I don't believe it even exist. If anyone is experiencing this same problem please email me at ** and I will start a petition and send it to the NYS Attorney General to launch an investigation. I am also requesting a refund and their 501C3 revocation. What I am seeing is, this organization is taking advantage of foreign potential students because of their language barrier and lack of knowledge of our system of handling this type of business. What I have done for the students from foreign countries is to pursue the American GED which they can do quickly then use those credentials to get into a two year school then transfer to a four year institution. Let's put a end to this immediately. I have a few friends that are in high place that can push this agenda with a phone call.

World Education Services Company Information