1.36/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

265 World Education Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I did request for Document-by-Document Evaluation from WES. But I have not received the evaluation report, however, their website says the report was sent on Aug 2018 through Canada Post. As a result, I have requested the report again through courier service after making an additional payment of $96.05. But till date (14-Nov-2018) they have not sent any reports. They don't even acknowledge the payment. Contacted them multiple times through their website - but no luck. The customer care number is hardly available. If you have any chance PLEASE DON'T USE WES.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

From the time they receive your document, they need a week just to tell you if your document is complete, then they tell you it will take another 10 days to finish the evaluation. If you want, you can use the expedite service that will cost you another $50, remember you already paid $250. They charge you $7 for a standard mailing service with no tracking number (really no tracking number). IF you want a faster delivery it cost you $50 box (expedite service) that does not make sense at all (A USPS first class mailing service takes 2 days and cost less than $10). Overall it cost you $300 and the only thing you really get is scaling your grade on a 4.0 scale.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Issue one - The website indicates that once your international transcript is received by WES the review process is approximately 7 business days. When I called 7 business days after my transcript was noted as received on my account page, I was informed that the review process has not started. There is undefined amount of time needed to before the review can start (what??). I understand international transcripts are very varied and there is some complexity to their work, but just tell customers what to expect rather than indicating it will take 7 business days. If you are requesting transcripts you are likely working towards application deadline to details about timing are very important.

Issue two - once the "review" started my transcript was not accepted because it was not sent directly by the academic institution. However, the instructions from WES offer two options for sending, which include this option - "If the Department of Education gives you the document to send to WES, it must be in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official at the Department of Education. If the envelope is opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document cannot be accepted by WES.” These are the directions that were followed.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I think this company is a scam artist, collected my money for services not provided. Since September I applied for review of my credits. Called today only to find out the process has not even started, yet they processed my fee for services not completed. AWFUL rated at a ZERO.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I used them to evaluate/confirm my MS degree. Initially they were unclear and only asked for the degree. After several days, they asked for transcripts (I don't even know why the transcripts are necessary. Faking a transcript is much easier than a degree with special encryption). They even didn't reply me why they actually need the transcripts. Anyway, after days, they rejected my transcripts as it is not in sealed envelope. Their blind eyes cannot detect the embossed seal. I could find some sealed one but I am pretty sure it will also be rejected as it is not declared as "official" and I will be hard time to convince and prove them our university does not put any "official" label on the issued transcripts, unless on the single formal one they gave us upon graduation, which was not sealed. The most idiot and dumb organization I have ever experienced in my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

They had the worst customer service ever. In my transcript, they had three different names for an exact same course. They never take responsibility for their mistakes. You work with them only if you want to see many mistakes.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I completed 3 degrees in the UK at top Universities-- an MSc, PhD, and PGCE-- and hired WES to perform the costly Course-By-Course analysis needed for my State Dept of Education to recognize my overseas credentials. After paying for original transcripts to be sent to WES from the Universities, I realized that a major portion of the PGCE was provided by a cooperating school other than the one who awarded me the degree. I immediately contacted WES who advised me to add them as a credential. I did this on September 5, 2018; I received several emails from WES after that stating that this had been forwarded to the correct department (always forwarding to someone else).

On September 20th, the credential was added yet the report was sent out WITHOUT evaluating the credential (departments clearly don't communicate with each other)as they didn't even receive the documentation until September 26, 2018. I contacted them once again (this became a weekly event over the course of two months) notifying them that the report had left the school assessment section of the PGCE blank and simply stated that the course was the equivalent of 'one year US Graduate studies.' Graduate studies in what? Basket weaving? Nowhere on the report did they evaluate the year long observed teaching, courses, training, or grades awarded nor did they state anywhere that this was an accredited teacher training program.

For weeks following, I have called, filled out numerous 'Contact Us' forms, and followed all their instructions to have this report amended and a correct one sent out to my State Department of Education. As of today, November 1, 2018, I have just received notice that the Director of Evaluation has determined they are, in fact, NOT correcting their mistakes, do not believe an error was made, and have mislead me for months now that a new amended report was being generated. The Customer Service Supervisor, Andrew, who promised me he was personally handling my case even refused to take my calls today rather handed me off to another CSR, Mike, who did nothing.

Not only am I out several HUNDRED dollars in costs and fees for a useless report (Don't bother paying for a course-by-course analysis!!! All they do is list the courses you took and give a semester hour equivalent, no US course-by-course or degree equivalency provided), but this has now cost me certification in my State, a job, income, months of stress/wasted time, and now MORE money in hiring a different, more competent service to do this over, along with reordering new transcripts for all 3 degrees.

STAY AWAY FROM WES! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! GO WITH ANOTHER SERVICE. I mean, if they had this much trouble/mucked up degrees and transcripts from an ENGLISH SPEAKING University, I can't imagine what they'll do if translations are actually needed. Shameful customer service, misleading in their ability to provide the product you pay for and are promised, and just an absolute scam overall.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Hi Guys, I really wish that I had checked these review before paying this scumbags my hard earned money. 5 weeks ago I submitted the documents via My eQuals 2 days after the status goes "In process" and then reverts back to on hold the next day. So I waited for 2 weeks to see if anything changes but nothing.

In the meantime I shared my documents again via My eQuals 4 times and it has been viewed by someone on the other end. Then I started calling them to ask what is going on. 2 weeks of calling back every 2 to 3 days these guys had no answer. Finally when I got really upset about it they put me through to Keirra (supervisor). She gave me the same answer that she will escalate it to the highest level etc. etc. and I will get a response within 3 days.

Ok so I wanted for another week. Called her back, guess anybody? She has no information about it. Again she said she will escalate it to the highest level... God level I guess. Then I told her about all the crappy reviews that they have online but she didn't seem to care. So I request you to please tell me how can we stop these guys from taking our money and not doing anything after that? Is there a way to file a official complaint about these guys. I am in Australia but really want these guys to learn a lesson because they have done this to 100s of innocent people in the past 10 years or so. Worst customer service and worst company processes.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I have used WES for most of Education in the UK. I am really shocked at the level of negative feedback I see on them. I think it would important to make a few points. I appreciate the hard time that some people have due to corruption and mismanagement from some universities in developing countries. I get that. Should WES then compromise its standards and due process to accommodate that? I would think not.

When WES calls for a verification, get in touch with the School, not WES. If the credential is authentic, your uni will respond to verify that. WES has a list of accredited programs that are seen as Canadian equivalent. if your university is not in that list you will need to take supplementary courses while in Canada or from an accredited school to upgrade your studies. I'm grateful to WES for all the good work they do. Immigration Canada is using them for the right reasons. If not for WES, Canadian workforce standards will be compromised like in most countries. WES has no shortcut. Follow the due process and your credentials will be assessed and report prepared for what it is worth. I have never had a negative experience with them and I am grateful that such a service exists for studies done outside Canada.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I have submitted my sealed transcripts to WES 4 months back. They had accepted my master degree documents received from Delhi University but asked for the verification on my bachelor's degree verification from the institute. It's been 4 months I am trying to follow up but no one gives proper answer or any solution. They says they will keep sending the reminder to university until university response and this can be lifelong process which will repeat every 7th week. They are not disclosing the department information due to security reasons. Now I have no option to get the information and solutions to this situation. I have written 100 mails to WES but have never got any satisfactory reply on time. They do not help at all in case you need information or support. Very rude staff and treats you as if they are doing a favor on you for free... #World Education Service is hopeless.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I received a Bachelor degree from a college that has received full accreditation from Asia Theological Association, which is the equivalency of Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS). WES however gave me the evaluation result report as "Bachelor degree from a non-recognized institution". That means, I don't even have a secondary school certificate when I use this for immigration to Canada. We should spread this news out to help more people so that no more people would get conned by WES. I was told that ICES would deem my college as a "recognized institution".

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

This is the worst education company that I have ever seen. I have a major in teaching physics and they reported my major as mathematics education?? They also claimed that my Bachelor's degree is actually a secondary school diploma. I can't describe how furious I am. And I need to use their terrible services to apply for immigration to Canada! God knows what they will make me this time? An engineer maybe?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had submitted my documents 3 months back using OPTION 2 (Collecting the documents from University with seal and signature on back flap). WES rejected the documents and asked me that the documents need to send them directly by the University. It is contradicting with the details present on their website itself. The funniest part all documents for my wife's education evaluation also sent in the same format and all the documents are similar as she has passed from the same University. WES accepted and evaluated her education whereas they rejected mine. I called the customer service and they are kind of dumb persons, they don't have any idea of the application. Just they will read the details which you can see my from the online portal and they will ask to fill the CONTACT US form. I had filled and told that I have chosen OPTION 2 to submit the documents and I got same copy paste answer that my university need to send the documents.

When I had reached my university they refused to send directly and they handed over the documents to me so again I had submitted my documents using OPTION 2 only. This time the great evaluator not accepted the documents and he mentioned the documents which I had submitted to them are from my college, not my University. Such a person how can evaluate somebody's degree. I have submitted the documents from my university and my college name also mentioned in the document. But that great evaluator not accepted.

So I had reached the Customer service again, the same story repeated. She was just reading the reason from website, not understanding the issue and after 15 mins discussion her supervisor talked to me and asked me to submit the details in the website. Again I need to wait for the next 5 days to hear something. Not sure what will happen this time. If somebody from the WES really reads this and wants to improve your service then please reach out to me.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I am applying to a PhD through Sophas and they will only accept evaluation from WES. WES received my documents in August 2018 and accepted them. A few days later they changed my status to "Incomplete" - They stated my transcript is missing something because my grades starts in year two. The grades starting from 200 to 400 seems to confuse them so I sent them a letter explaining that this a three year degree and that year one start from 200, year two is 300 and the third year is 400. They did not respond to my letter and my status continue to say waiting for documents. I don't know what documents to send them because I don't have a 4 year degree. My anger is however with Sophas for insisting on WES when there are this many people complaining about their business. Someone from Sophas must be a WES shareholder. Shame on Sophas for putting potential students in this fix.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I wish I had looked at WES' reviews first to avoid the mistake of using them. I never write any reviews, so something must have gone awfully wrong for me to write one. WES was very quick to have me make the payment first, but after that the overall impression I got was "we have your money already, why do any work for it?" The documents I needed to be reviewed were sent by my Alma Mater in a very complicated process (it had to come from them, not from me, so I had to waste other people's time) and I kept getting e-mails from WES saying that documents are missing. Trying to call in was useless, because I never got anyone on the phone and writing e-mails usually took >4 days to be answered.

I decided to stop using them asking for my money back which it took less than 12h for them to inform me that they will keep a $50 processing fee to which I'm wondering for what? Nothing was ever processed. I decided to use another organization. It took them 5 minutes to look at all my documents to confirm that's all they need to process everything in less than a week (and they asked me to pay AFTER reviewing everything). Last but not least, they only cost half as much as WES.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

WES is one of the worst organizations I have come across: It is impossible to speak to anyone to discuss a particular case. Questions/clarification can only be submitted in the website — no potential to add attachments. Responses bear no relations to questions submitted. I am now a month after submitting (and I had sent an unanswered query before applying for an evaluation), with nothing to show for it. This “non-profit” will take your money and provide as little as possible to show for it.

I was referred by Columbia University — shame on them for engaging WES, let alone referring applicants to WES — so assumed WES was the “gold standard”. Silly me. A 24 hour turnaround, a real person to interact with and lower cost — not to mention a far more pleasant experience — at ECE. Only caveat: the operators answering calls have no access to the evaluators either, so are in a horrible situation. Considering that, they are remarkably pleasant. It is hard to believe that WES will retain any of the nicer/more competent operators.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

If I can select 0 stars I would. They gave me the option to submit my documents through Gradintel and thus I did. I got a notification stating that someone at WES accessed my documents, I thought "great" although the status of my account still said "On hold: we are awaiting your documents." Luckily a friend of mine also applied simultaneously, but they did it through mail. Only because I saw her status changed to "We received your documents. We are reviewing your documents" did I have cause for concern. So I called them. They said they had not received my documents and asked me to submit a contact form, which I did. It said I would receive a response in 24 hours (2 months later and still no response lol).

Btw that same night they accessed my documents again. I called a week later and they said they are escalating it. A week after that I called again cause I got no response. The guy that I spoke to this time told me to resubmit because they don't know where the documents are. Finally, I submitted the docs the exact same way I did initially and they updated. A month later my friend's evaluation report was being processed. So I thought mine was running really late. I called them and they ask me to submit a contact form! Ofc I let her know that I still had not received a response to my last contact form. An hour later they email to tell me to send my documents through mail! 2 months after I first submitted my docs. Imo they also use the 20-day gimmick to lure customers.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Norma from WES Education Services had a rude and nonchalant attitude. Lost my degree transcript and did not apologize or offer to investigate. Instead, pointed me to the customer service page. How can you receive one document and lose the other when both were sent together in the same envelope?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

For anyone with the intent of using this company I highly advise you DON'T. PLEASE DON'T!!! HONESTLY, I sent my transcripts to them 4 times but always got a reply that the envelope was either opened or that they were unable to verify that it's the institution that had sent them, point to note is that they had accepted the certificate but not the transcripts. This is after I had followed all their instructions. If you have sent them your transcripts for the first time and they have asked you to send them again kindly don't, just use the another company or you will end up wasting your money and valuable time. I would have rated them lower than a zero if that was possible.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I paid 500$ to WES for evaluating my transcript course by course, as I applied for getting college admission. They keep playing hide and seek with me. I sent all the required documents with translation. They keep asking for the same thing and putting my status on hold, they asked me to go to the instructions you took the courses and asked them to send the transcript directly, I asked my family back home to go get it they spend lots of money for getting them and translate and posting the WES.

After updating my file, they put a hold on my file again and this happened many times. I keep calling them they told me we're going to update your file but still is on hold for no reason. I emailed them at worked times this week. All the colleges I applied are waiting for my WES and they also asked WES to expedite the result. Today is September 4 and everybody is back to school I'm still waiting for WES result. I am not appreciate about their service, it's wasting money and time. They are playing with people.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Dear WES, I've paid for an assessment for 3 qualifications. WES confirmed that they received the documents 3 May 2018. The assessment was completed 3 July, but only mentioned 2 qualifications. I logged an inquiry on 3 July questioning the assessment of the 3rd qualification. Despite me phoning 4 times (and sending 2 mails) since then, I haven't received any feedback from WES. Each time they promise the call will be escalated and I will get feedback in 2 working days, but that never happens. WES also refuse to give you a reference number when you phone them, I find that very strange!! WES - I am a paying customer, please provide the service I paid for in a timely manner.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have recently used the service from the WES. I asked for correcting the name of the applicant as there is a slight mistake in the name. They didn't resolve it in 7 days and yet they are saying that it has been escalated and will take another 3 more days. Seriously their process is not at all good. Applicant should have control over the account, which is a major software glitch and the second thing is their service which is not at all good. I really think Universities should have their own system to do this rather than depending on someone like this. I never recommend using the services of WES again.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I was completely disappointed with the experience my wife and I had using WES. I wish I would have read all of the terrible reviews online before I paid this organization. READ ONLINE REVIEWS BEFORE PAYING THIS USELESS COMPANY!!! My wife attended an undergraduate college and a university in India which were both highly accredited. She received multiple job offers after receiving her master's degree in India based on the university that she attended for her master's degree. She chose a global company in India and worked for 3 years.

The university that my wife attended for her master's degree received an AA accreditation, which is the second highest accreditation possible. When she applied for degree equivalency in January of 2018, we paid the $282 for the review and $60 for sealed envelopes. We were shocked when WES responded that they would give her only one year of graduate level education based on her master's degree. Then we read similar online experiences. We were extremely disappointed to see that so many people had to follow up for months and months before receiving proper credentials. The response times of this company are terrible. Once they have your money, they do not care to be helpful. I am a lawyer in the US and my recommendation is to avoid this company at all costs. Find a different way to get your accreditation.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Well, I wasn't totally disappointed with WES service. Though my Application was delayed, And the status of my account was on hold for almost 6 months I later found out the fault was from my Institution. WES sent my credentials to my institution for a second verification, and because WES already said I am not required to do anything. I relaxed. Unfortunately my institutions was waiting for me to Authorise it. So when I needed to send my transcript to another organisations, I was told they have some credentials from WES bearing my name that need Authorisation from me. I paid for the courier service and it was sent to WES on July 5th.

WES confirmed the receipt of the credentials on July 12th. I received a mail that my evaluation has been completed on 18th of July. And the evaluation was positive. On that same 18th I was able to view my electronic report. On 27th of July I received my official sealed copy from WES. So my experience was not bad. Like they said it will take them above 7 days to complete the evaluation once all required documents has been submitted. My personal advice is if your credentials has been sent to your institution for verification, and the status of your account is "HOLD". It's advisable to check with your institution to ensure they received it and send it back to WES. Hope this help anyone out there.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

For your own sake please save your money. Most importantly your time. In my case, I paid WES for verification of my documents in Feb 2018. Till date, 6 months later, WES keeps claiming that they have not received emails from the institution I studied at. I am 100% the Institution has sent them numerous emails. A completely frustrating experience. Look at the reviews and take save yourself a lot of heartache. I only wish I had. There are many other options out there eg ECE which I am currently looking into. I am waiting for a refund of my money from WES. A complete waste of time I will never recover, money I spent and the worst customer service you will experience.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Worst customer service ever. I don't believe a company in this 21st century can be so unprofessional. If you are looking to have them evaluate your credentials, you will be lucky if it is done within a year. I have received horrible services in my lifetime, but WES gave me the shock of my life. I can't narrate my experience here because it would be so long. I wish it is possible to give a negative rating. I still plan to sue the company with time.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

If I could give them zero stars I would do. Seriously do not use this company. Their customer service is nonexistent - you will wait over a week for any response at all, usually 2 weeks and there is no phone number you can call them on. I needed to speak to an actual real human because I have slightly unusual circumstances and I emailed them with the same question FOUR TIMES, every time they kept asking me for a document which DOESN’T EXIST. The final time I emailed I got no response from them at all. I now will likely miss my deadline to get my documents in for my MSHS and have to wait another 6 months, THANKS WES. I actually think this company is probably a scam.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Here I would like to share my best experience with World Education Services. 2 Months ago, before starting this process of evaluation with this company of course I checked all the reviews about the company, staff etc. As like others these documents are also dire for me. I thought I should try it whatever the results would be. After that my institution sent my papers around July 04, 2018. On July 09' 2018 WES received my documents and started the process at the same time. They took 04 days to went through my papers and finally I got an email again that my process is completed and verified. Moreover, they sent the report on July 13, 2018 and I received on July 23... I'm feeling very good. Thanks to WES team.

Original review: July 25, 2018

WES received my package without WES reference number and my name on it? Because it has been sent from another country that I live in and I called them twice. I kept on hold last time before they answer 13 min and they connect the tracking number to my WES reference number and to my name and my status changed from "waiting your document "to "your document has been received". So in general I'm satisfied with their service because I was little bit pessimist after reading the negative reviews... Wish me luck for the evaluation process to be completed. :)

Original review: July 20, 2018

What a terrible company, service and customer relationships! I am so unhappy and disappointed and dissatisfied with their service. I sent my official documents twice both for my graduate and post graduate education in an official sealed signed envelope. But they have accepted one of them but rejected the other. I've called the customer service. They insisted on that my documents haven't met the criteria. But my documents have met all the requirements. I resent them another copy of documents, I took images before I sent just to keep a proof. But they did the same. They ruined my original documents. They ruined my time. They ruined my money and finally they ruined my application. I don't recommend this terrible company to anyone in the world.

World Education Services Company Information