1.16/5
  • 1 star
Based on 51 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

217 World Education Services Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

The first time I called, the person not the phone gave me the wrong information as to what I needed to submit to them. This pushed me back by a couple of months. Fast forward to the present, I sent the two documents they were requesting from me, Academic Transcripts and Proof of Graduation, in one large manila envelope. Each document itself was also labeled with my reference number, just in case they misplaced one. They are now telling me that they only received my proof of graduation and not my academic transcripts. Which makes no sense because I sent them in one large envelope. There is no way they received one and not the other. Which clearly means that they misplaced my transcripts.

All they are telling me is that they will 'reach out to the evaluation team' but if they do not have it, then I will simply have to resend my transcripts. For a company that does this as their business, how do they not understand that it is not that simple to just order another copy. There is no accountability on their part while they make us pay the full amount before we even send in our documents. They say they will 'be in touch', meanwhile not giving me a contact number or email to check in myself. Other than calling the general number. They wouldn't let me talk to the manager, nor give me even their email address. WORST COMPANY EVER. NEVER, EVER USE THEM.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

So you read the WES mission and feel good and see there is a seven day turnaround for evaluations and you fill in your application and pay the money... $247 for a course by course evaluation. They take the money. BUT the seven day turnaround for their evaluation service is by no means accurate. You need to factor in that there can be over a month delay in WES New York Office receiving a document and logging it onto their system. This has happened to me. AND the communications are also really poor - slow, uninformative, inaccurate, anonymous.

The only way to contact WES US is through an online contact form - both times I have tried to find out what is going on I have had to wait 5 and 9 days respectively for a reply which has proven completely unhelpful. At least one of the WES Service Reps gave her first name, the other was anonymous - both said to check my online status and gave no explanation for the delay and no information on what to expect. AND - My Account online - where you check your status - has gone from having received documents, to not having received the same documents. So this is also not accurate or reliable.

I believe they are going through a tech overhaul with updates to the online application process, etc. but this is no excuse to treat clients so badly. A simple phone call to apologize and provide accurate information on when I am going to receive my evaluation report would go a long way to improving this situation. IT HAS BEEN A VERY POOR EXPERIENCE, I am very disappointed and regret having chosen WES to translate my foreign transcripts and provide me with an evaluation report - which, let me make clear, I still do not have. It has now been 33 days and counting since they received all my documents... Where is my evaluation report?! Why no communication?! Choose another company if you need a prompt and professional service!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

The university (that I thought of applying for my Masters) referred to WES.org for GPA score. Within a week from my application submission, WES reviewed the docs; got a notification that my mark sheets were not accepted and looks like they need mark sheets attested by university or autonomous college. Submitted my questions via 'Contact Us' form and got a useless reply after a week and called their customer service to an utter disappointment to hear the same useless reply read back to me. Submitted more questions and made few more calls to customer service; not productive at all and frustrated with this unnecessary held up. The below quoted is the wording that they had at WES.org under required documents: "WES does not accept mark sheets that have been issued and/or attested by the college you attended unless from an autonomous or constituent college. To check if your college has autonomous status 'click here'."

When I checked the college list (via 'click here' above), I found the university (graduated from) listed but not my college in the approved colleges list. My college is an UGC approved college in the past but now an approved Deemed University. To my further verification, the approved colleges list WES has on their website is the latest list from an approved authority (in the country where I graduated). However, since the college is now an approved university, not listed as a college anymore. Mindless WES team seem not to understand this though I shared my country's authority's website reference to prove my point.

And every week keep getting notification to submit the required docs and not cancelling my order to process the refund though I asked them in writing. It's been a month so far. This seems not only unethical business practice but also killing people's educational ambitions. Should have read online reviews/complaints before I proceeded with WES and now I am COMPLETELY STUCK with no visible pathway forward! I am not sure why All universities are recommending WES.org though there are so many severe complaints on WES.org.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

WES needs to understand how things work in the Global South. You can't just automatically presume that the US standards and procedures apply everywhere. I just got off the phone with your staff who said that WES requested further verification but she can't tell me which department/registrar office of the university has been contacted.

In Bangladesh, many university staff members don't even check their emails or fax. Mailing services are also not reliable in many cases. If you can't tell us which specific department you have reached out to for further verification, there is no way for us from the Global South to ensure that the right person responds on time. Your staff told me that I am free to reach out to people at the university. For your kind information, there are 2100+ staff members at the university. If you can't tell us who has been contacted, how would I know who to reach out to? I prepared all materials for admission, but because of WES's very inefficient bureaucratic process and inability to understand bureaucratic processes in the Global South, I would probably miss the Spring 2018 session.

If you claim to be an education service who can evaluate transcripts from international locations, you need to be able to give us specific info on how you do the verification process and which specific department/registrar office you have reached out to. Otherwise, the email or fax or mail will just sit there forever and we will never be able to submit our applications on time. We didn't pay $277 for this!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

This business is revolting. They sat on my documents for a month without doing anything and then decided they could not evaluate my master's - MBA diploma because they needed results from the prep class I took to take the exam. It's similar to asking for grades on a prep test on the GMAT (not GMAT results, result on your mock exams that you did at home or with a course) in order to give you a validation for your Harvard MBA. And when you call, you cannot speak to anyone, only customer reps who have no clue about anything. You cannot contact evaluators, only send them a letter - not an email. You pay a ridiculous amount and they are so incompetent and rude. They hold you hostage because your future admission to some top schools depend on this evaluation of foreign diplomas and they are the worse companies. Serious universities need to stop doing business with them immediately.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Invested: 700 USD, 2 months waiting, a lot of time preparing and writing documents and emails, 1 flight ticket to go to my University and a lot of stress and energy. Return: Nothing! Only some random answers from WES, which not even address my questions nor do they tell me what is wrong. They are absolutely incapable. I followed protocol and prepared everything. My universities and I sent the documents multiple times according to their guidelines and it is still not finished. I gave up, thanks WES, you broke my spirit.

Conclusion: Take another Company/Institution to let your academic documents be verified. You will only get frustrated and fail to match your application deadline and lose a lot of time. Luckily I already have a BA & MSc and make over 100k USD a year. For students who are looking forward to continue their academic careers this entire process is pathetic and insulting. I feel sorry for everybody who instructed WES and after this pathetic process going nowhere losing their Spirit. What a shame!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

The evaluation is not good, I haven't received all college credits I should have. The evaluation reports should have been sent to 2 schools and my address, NONE of them arrived. Now I have to pay additional $30 PER COPY + $15 for tracked delivery. I've not only wasted months of time but also a lot of money on this agency. I would not recommend! If you still go through WES, make sure to pay for tracked delivery the first time.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

WES are the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I have used their services to get my education accredited for my Permanent Residency application in Canada. The website states that their timeline is only four weeks to complete an ECA. It has already taken them 5 weeks since receiving my academic documents to have them reviewed and accepted. On my account they then gave a date of another 3 weeks before it will be completed. It will take them 8 weeks, twice the promised length of time, to complete my application.

I have emailed them on numerous occasions but have only received one reply after 5 weeks stating that my account will be updated in due course. Their phone service is absolutely abhorrent. Generally on hold for 15 to 20 minutes before getting through to a customer agent who are less than helpful. All they do is repeat the information that is stated on your online account. They could not provide me information on what documents were received, when they were received or a time frame as to when my application would be completed. They simply said that it will take four weeks to complete and that they were unable to provide any more information. I strongly urge anybody considering of using their services to look elsewhere. They are an appalling company with zero customer service. Look at all the reviews online. The vast majority are complaints. I only wish that I had reviewed them first.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

WES Canada is insisting that they submitted verification requests to my institution in Ghana but they did not respond. I had to travel from Nigeria to Ghana and found out that WES did not send any requests on my behalf. I have sent numerous emails to WES but they keep on insisting that my institution is yet to respond. This has cost me more than $1000.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Wow. I read the reviews about not using WES for students wanting to study in the US but I said, "How bad can it really be?" I do have an honors degree. Not First Class honors but still... I should at least get a GPA of nothing less than 3 to 3.5. Was I wrong! WES gave me a GPA of 2.5... I am in disbelief! Really? Don't use them if you are wanting to study in the US.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Very, very poor service. Never respond to your emails. I have bought most expensive service from them and got very bad service. I have sent my documents by USPS with delivery notification and only after 3 days after USPS reported about delivery, they update my account and said they received my documents (3 days disappeared!). Then they spend 7!!! days just for accept my documents (really!!! open package and check docs!!!). Now they said 7 more days for evaluation, unbelievable! So, if you don't have other choices be prepared to very bad service and make your plans in advance.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

Wish I have read the reviews before I pay the fees to them. I have been calling them over a month, holding the phone for 40 minutes to an hour with no one answering the phone. It is just crazy. I got an email that my university send the documents and those are not complete documents. I want to tell them that this is due to the fact, I got admitted to second year in degree program so there won't be 1st and 2nd semester report card. I emailed them the same but have not heard anything back. If you have not pay them then please stay away from this company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I never recommend WES for foreign education evaluation. They don't have minimum courtesy to respond to the inquiries. No one answers US customer care number 212-966-6311. No response to email inquiries.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

We called World Education Services and discussed having transcripts from the Philippines evaluated. We were told that we could fax the information to WES and this would be acceptable for the evaluation; however, after we paid for the evaluation the story changed. We were later informed that the transcript had to be sent directly from the institution. As we waited a week after we paid for the expedited review, the evaluation was no longer needed as we already had the entrance conference. They refused a refund. As I look back on it now, we should have just disputed the charge with the credit card company. Before you use World Education Services please look at the hundreds of reviews online about this company. If your school gives you options, consider all of your options for a transcript evaluation. In this day and age do not use a company without reading any online reviews about the company.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I don't recommend this company at all for International Education Evaluation. It's been more than a month that I've been sending emails, or even trying to reach them by phone, but the only answer that I received it's "thank you for your email," nothing more, so I have to say that is not only poor service but completely lack of it. It seems more a scam company.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

International degree evaluation - Please DO NOT by any means use this company. This is one of the worst companies I've ever experienced. At first they didn't link my degree & transcript to my account. Then they took days before accepting it. After all that I paid an extra $50 for a 3 business day to rush the service when they gave me the option, and guess what, 5 days later I still have no information about the progress whatsoever. I've tried to email them, they mail you back after 4-5 days back. I've also tried to call them, but you'll be waiting almost an hour before someone can attend you. And as a person living outside the states, you'll be wasting all your money on just calling them. So, for me, I will never in a million years use this company again for any service they can provide for me.

Original review: July 16, 2017

I have been trying to reach them by phone, but they don't answer the call. I've sent my documents, but they told me "Your documents didn't meet WES requirements," and I told them "return my documents." After one month I've mailed with them they sent my documents, but I found out, they didn't send all documents. Just my certificate and their report and they fined me $50 + 35 for shipping. I've asked them about my degree courses, but nonsense answer. I've been sending a lot of mail to return the rest of documents, but I've received nonsense reply. I really need the rest of my documents. Please advise me what I should do?

Original review: June 13, 2017

Have been trying to reach them by phone and email for almost two weeks now. They do not answer the calls nor reply to the email. Hopeless service. I don't think this agency should really continue if they do not want to provide service to the customers and I have no idea how do such agencies get approved by NACES.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I will not recommend WES to anyone. Please don’t go for this organization. I have very bad experience with WES which I will share here. 1-I have never seen the customer services like WES, the sloppiest one, they simply don’t care for your emails and calls. 2-Their aim is to make money from peoples only. 3-They are not verifying your documents from your home country/institutions/higher educations. 4-As they say that their reports is based on their opinions only, which means you have to pay and know their opinions about your educational qualifications. 5-I wonder that if they received a verified and attested photocopies from academic institutions and higher education then how they can say that this documents has no value in Canada.

6-They don’t have any qualified staff to VERIFY your documents and issue the reports on international standards. 7-After wasting of money and one year of time The WES will simply write to you that use another organization for your education assessment... and WES will not return your education photocopies... but for foreigners it is very difficult/impossible to go back to their home countries and did this all process again for other organization because attestation and verification of photocopies are a very long and costly process. 8-I am surprised that Canadian government allow/registered this organization which represent Canada’s first impressions. Please if someone suggest me how to file a case in Canadian court regarding this organization. Thank you.

Original review: May 12, 2017

Beware. WES will claim any document you send them as theirs. Paid for a service, submitted original documents in of my transcripts and a diploma. Was told they could not accept my documents and now it is the property of WES.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I don't recommend this Organization for your International educational evaluations. There are few reasons, when I made this statement. They don't understand the International grading structure well and they adopt their own ODD methodology (not general practiced by any other Organization) to allot your Semester Credits. They don't allot B+ & C+ on Semester credits, though your marks are on high end, which puts down GPA drastically, when they multiply with grade points for your GPA. No one answer your phone, horrible customer service. Don't have set of norms/rules, which in turn screw up your life.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I went to my country (Albania) to receive an official transcript of my credits of my two year college. Paid 40$. When I returned to USA, I called the college I was interested to attend and they referred me to Wes.org. Horrible experience. Sent the paperwork. Paid 150$ for it and I didn't get any response from them. I found out by log in the page that my document needed approval from the office in Albania. The document was original, translated and notarized. I don't know what they are looking for. I asked them to return my paperwork since I paid a lot for it... They never replied my emails for two months. Their office hours are 9-2. I am on hold for 40 minutes every time I call.

Yesterday finally I got a hold of them. I asked them to return my document. The lady said that my document is not original so they are no returning. I asked her to please not stop my education opportunity by holding this document, since I have no other way to get another document unless I go back in my country... She said: "I will put you on hold so you can calm down." I have never ever in my 12 years in this country dealt with such an obnoxious response. I need my paperwork. Please someone help me... Why are they holding my documents. They claim they are charging 50$ for reviewing it... This is nonsense. Can anyone tell me what did you do? Can I get the police involved? Lawyers? Where are they located? I want to go to their office. The website shows a PO box only. I wish I had not dealt with them. I want to continue my education. Why are they stopping foreigners to succeed? Are they racist?

Original review: May 1, 2017

This company is an absolute scam. After paying a ridiculous amount of money to get two documents evaluated, I decided I wanted to call to TRIPLE check that what I had ordered and the documents that I was having shipped from overseas were fine. I called FOUR TIMES to the number provided on the site (two of the times I called the call mysteriously failed about 10 minutes into waiting, and the other 2 times, I waited over 30 minutes before giving up). I emailed over 4 times and got absolutely no response. I finally resorted to writing to them on Facebook. I got some generic answer about waiting for them to answer via email.

It has been over 3 weeks since I started calling and emailing and I have not received a response. I had to send another email to them asking that they cancel my order. Of course, no response there either. I finally had to call my credit card company and explain the situation. Fortunately for me, they refunded me all my money. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, THEY DO NOT HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER SCAM.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I had to evaluate my grades in education done in India for further studies in US through WES. Though the evaluation went on correct with few mistakes, for instances, my second language subject "Alternate English" taken in Bachelors in University of Calcutta turned to "Malayalam", of which I am completely unaware; location of my college changed from Kolkata to Karnataka; yet the worst part of this organization is its customer care. When my evaluation went to hold due to some unreasonable circumstances, I called the organization some ten times a day, and finally one fine day I got the opportunity to talk to them after a wait of thirty minutes, and yet was not provided with a proper suggestion. Some universities and organizations in US require WES evaluation, but I would suggest anyone and everyone to try out any alternate organization for international evaluation.

Original review: April 20, 2017

I filed my application in Oct 2017, about 7 months back, and during this period I have written them at least 20 times but my evaluation is still not complete. WES is the most inaccessible organization I have ever seen. They don't seem to realize that doing their job fine and in time is so important for people who apply for evaluation from them. Their indifference to the delay in process is baffling. Can somebody tell me if there is a way to get the evaluation done from some other organization. Highly disappointed with WES' level customer service.

Original review: April 11, 2017

My husband contacted this company and specifically asked if they could use the copies he has as the school did not keep his records due to it was a small school in Mexico. The agent said yes we can so we paid $167 for the evaluation. After 3 weeks of no communication and multiple attempts on our end to contact them they declined the case due to the documents were copies, which we were told they would work with. Then it took another 3 week for a refund in which they said they were keeping $50 of it for processing. I contacted the company multiple times about how we would not of paid had the agent not lied to us. ERIKA ** was very rude and refused the refund at all cost. If you have issues with this company, her email is **.

Original review: April 2, 2017

I have sent all the required documents in required sealed envelope through university and even it was delivered as per courier report with the receiving person signature M ** but the site update of WES is telling that document not received and order canceled, without intimating the reasonable cause.

Original review: March 31, 2017

I ordered for the evaluation of a foreign education from WES on January 4, 2017. According to the guidelines on WES website, you must send a WES form requesting the transcripts of your education to your education institution. And that the institution in return must mail the information directly to WES in a signed and sealed envelope. I did exactly as instructed and paid for FedEx courier to WES as charged by the institution.

FedEx delivered the document and signed for by WES employee on February 24, 2017. I have exchanged many correspondence with WES to confirm recipient of the document from FedEx, at a point, they admitted recipient on the status of my order on WES website. Few days later, it was changed to "waiting for confirmation from institution" from that February till today!!! WES, is pathetic, fraud, heartless and fake!!! WES is a racist in the discharge of the camouflage services to the public. Immigrants should watch out and beware and avoid WES!!!

Original review: March 30, 2017

Do not use WES. They are not competent in evaluations, just a business that receives money and puts you on hold. I asked them to evaluate my transcript from Russia. They told me that my transcript was sent for authentication (even though it was stamped and signed by the university, translated and notarized with translation bound with a temper resistant stamp).

I contacted them 5 times through online service and once over the phone. Received nothing but from emails that they are verifying the transcript. Send five explanation that I contacted the Russian university and they do not reply to mail requests. The WES did not reply. Disputed charges with the bank and took the refund. I would advise to not wait on them completing their service for longer than 40-50 days and dispute the transaction with your bank, because that is what the WES wants - to wait until your charge card period of dispute (90 days) is over so they can keep the money without providing any service. They are a scam preying on international students.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I have worked with this business and I can say that they provide the worst services that I have ever experienced. They charge 50 dollars to cancel an application and what is worst, they cancel the application for you if the documents that you send have a tiny error or they see that your documents don't match their requirements. Also, they never provide information about what you have to do and if you want to contact them. They never answer calls and the respond to every email is about two sentences. If you don't ask for you documents and your money back, they never are going to do it. Be careful, and avoid this business; if you had a bad experience you can make a complaint on the IC3 website.

World Education Services Company Information