World Education Services

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I will not recommend WES to anyone. Please don’t go for this organization. I have very bad experience with WES which I will share here. 1-I have never seen the customer services like WES, the sloppiest one, they simply don’t care for your emails and calls. 2-Their aim is to make money from peoples only. 3-They are not verifying your documents from your home country/institutions/higher educations. 4-As they say that their reports is based on their opinions only, which means you have to pay and know their opinions about your educational qualifications. 5-I wonder that if they received a verified and attested photocopies from academic institutions and higher education then how they can say that this documents has no value in Canada.

6-They don’t have any qualified staff to VERIFY your documents and issue the reports on international standards. 7-After wasting of money and one year of time The WES will simply write to you that use another organization for your education assessment... and WES will not return your education photocopies... but for foreigners it is very difficult/impossible to go back to their home countries and did this all process again for other organization because attestation and verification of photocopies are a very long and costly process. 8-I am surprised that Canadian government allow/registered this organization which represent Canada’s first impressions. Please if someone suggest me how to file a case in Canadian court regarding this organization. Thank you.

Beware. WES will claim any document you send them as theirs. Paid for a service, submitted original documents in of my transcripts and a diploma. Was told they could not accept my documents and now it is the property of WES.

I don't recommend this Organization for your International educational evaluations. There are few reasons, when I made this statement. They don't understand the International grading structure well and they adopt their own ODD methodology (not general practiced by any other Organization) to allot your Semester Credits. They don't allot B+ & C+ on Semester credits, though your marks are on high end, which puts down GPA drastically, when they multiply with grade points for your GPA. No one answer your phone, horrible customer service. Don't have set of norms/rules, which in turn screw up your life.

I went to my country (Albania) to receive an official transcript of my credits of my two year college. Paid 40$. When I returned to USA, I called the college I was interested to attend and they referred me to Wes.org. Horrible experience. Sent the paperwork. Paid 150$ for it and I didn't get any response from them. I found out by log in the page that my document needed approval from the office in Albania. The document was original, translated and notarized. I don't know what they are looking for. I asked them to return my paperwork since I paid a lot for it... They never replied my emails for two months. Their office hours are 9-2. I am on hold for 40 minutes every time I call.

Yesterday finally I got a hold of them. I asked them to return my document. The lady said that my document is not original so they are no returning. I asked her to please not stop my education opportunity by holding this document, since I have no other way to get another document unless I go back in my country... She said: "I will put you on hold so you can calm down." I have never ever in my 12 years in this country dealt with such an obnoxious response. I need my paperwork. Please someone help me... Why are they holding my documents. They claim they are charging 50$ for reviewing it... This is nonsense. Can anyone tell me what did you do? Can I get the police involved? Lawyers? Where are they located? I want to go to their office. The website shows a PO box only. I wish I had not dealt with them. I want to continue my education. Why are they stopping foreigners to succeed? Are they racist?

This company is an absolute scam. After paying a ridiculous amount of money to get two documents evaluated, I decided I wanted to call to TRIPLE check that what I had ordered and the documents that I was having shipped from overseas were fine. I called FOUR TIMES to the number provided on the site (two of the times I called the call mysteriously failed about 10 minutes into waiting, and the other 2 times, I waited over 30 minutes before giving up). I emailed over 4 times and got absolutely no response. I finally resorted to writing to them on Facebook. I got some generic answer about waiting for them to answer via email.

It has been over 3 weeks since I started calling and emailing and I have not received a response. I had to send another email to them asking that they cancel my order. Of course, no response there either. I finally had to call my credit card company and explain the situation. Fortunately for me, they refunded me all my money. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY, THEY DO NOT HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER SCAM.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about World Education Services?

I had to evaluate my grades in education done in India for further studies in US through WES. Though the evaluation went on correct with few mistakes, for instances, my second language subject "Alternate English" taken in Bachelors in University of Calcutta turned to "Malayalam", of which I am completely unaware; location of my college changed from Kolkata to Karnataka; yet the worst part of this organization is its customer care. When my evaluation went to hold due to some unreasonable circumstances, I called the organization some ten times a day, and finally one fine day I got the opportunity to talk to them after a wait of thirty minutes, and yet was not provided with a proper suggestion. Some universities and organizations in US require WES evaluation, but I would suggest anyone and everyone to try out any alternate organization for international evaluation.

I filed my application in Oct 2017, about 7 months back, and during this period I have written them at least 20 times but my evaluation is still not complete. WES is the most inaccessible organization I have ever seen. They don't seem to realize that doing their job fine and in time is so important for people who apply for evaluation from them. Their indifference to the delay in process is baffling. Can somebody tell me if there is a way to get the evaluation done from some other organization. Highly disappointed with WES' level customer service.

My husband contacted this company and specifically asked if they could use the copies he has as the school did not keep his records due to it was a small school in Mexico. The agent said yes we can so we paid $167 for the evaluation. After 3 weeks of no communication and multiple attempts on our end to contact them they declined the case due to the documents were copies, which we were told they would work with. Then it took another 3 week for a refund in which they said they were keeping $50 of it for processing. I contacted the company multiple times about how we would not of paid had the agent not lied to us. ERIKA ** was very rude and refused the refund at all cost. If you have issues with this company, her email is **.

I have sent all the required documents in required sealed envelope through university and even it was delivered as per courier report with the receiving person signature M ** but the site update of WES is telling that document not received and order canceled, without intimating the reasonable cause.

I ordered for the evaluation of a foreign education from WES on January 4, 2017. According to the guidelines on WES website, you must send a WES form requesting the transcripts of your education to your education institution. And that the institution in return must mail the information directly to WES in a signed and sealed envelope. I did exactly as instructed and paid for FedEx courier to WES as charged by the institution.

FedEx delivered the document and signed for by WES employee on February 24, 2017. I have exchanged many correspondence with WES to confirm recipient of the document from FedEx, at a point, they admitted recipient on the status of my order on WES website. Few days later, it was changed to "waiting for confirmation from institution" from that February till today!!! WES, is pathetic, fraud, heartless and fake!!! WES is a racist in the discharge of the camouflage services to the public. Immigrants should watch out and beware and avoid WES!!!

Do not use WES. They are not competent in evaluations, just a business that receives money and puts you on hold. I asked them to evaluate my transcript from Russia. They told me that my transcript was sent for authentication (even though it was stamped and signed by the university, translated and notarized with translation bound with a temper resistant stamp).

I contacted them 5 times through online service and once over the phone. Received nothing but from emails that they are verifying the transcript. Send five explanation that I contacted the Russian university and they do not reply to mail requests. The WES did not reply. Disputed charges with the bank and took the refund. I would advise to not wait on them completing their service for longer than 40-50 days and dispute the transaction with your bank, because that is what the WES wants - to wait until your charge card period of dispute (90 days) is over so they can keep the money without providing any service. They are a scam preying on international students.

I have worked with this business and I can say that they provide the worst services that I have ever experienced. They charge 50 dollars to cancel an application and what is worst, they cancel the application for you if the documents that you send have a tiny error or they see that your documents don't match their requirements. Also, they never provide information about what you have to do and if you want to contact them. They never answer calls and the respond to every email is about two sentences. If you don't ask for you documents and your money back, they never are going to do it. Be careful, and avoid this business; if you had a bad experience you can make a complaint on the IC3 website.

After more than 1 month that my documents arrived in their office, my status returned to "waiting for required documents". All the documents I sent for my bachelor degree shows "accepted", and also my master degree documents show "accepted", but they are asking for a "degree confirmation" for my master degree. However, in the documentation page, degree confirmation is only asked for "completed doctoral programs", which is not my case. I sent them 3 emails asking for an explanation since March 1st (today is March 28th), but I always get answers like "Your email query has been forwarded to WES Evaluation Department for their review." and nothing more. Each time I send an email I have to wait for a long time for an useless reply. Besides, my bachelor degree documents were already accepted but I can't get the report because of this. I hope I can get a report soon.

I will list down very few reasons NOT to use WES: They never pick the phone and good luck to wait for 10 days for an email reply. They take way longer than 20 business days. EXPENSIVE for this slow, unresponsive service. A friend of mine has 2 degrees to be assessed however WES just evaluated one and he had to wait again for a month for them to fix it. If there is less than 1 star rating I would have given it to WES. Pay yourself a favor and pay a bit extra with any other assessment companies.

I had World Education Services do an evaluation for me, I had been going back and forth with them for several years. I recently contacted them to let them know I did not need their evaluation service and requested a refund, I waited more than 3 weeks for my refund check and the check came but was issued with a spelling error on the name of person on check.

It was a huge inconvenience since I made it very clear to WES in my previous communication that the person whose card we used at time of transaction would not be readily available to help correct any errors made by WES in processing the refund. The person whose card we used to make payment was in another country. So I have a check with an incorrect name on it and if I request a correction to be made I may have to wait another 3+ weeks for WES to reissue a correct check, a huge inconvenience. I would not recommend WES to anyone, I paid $210, and they only sent a refund for $160, they said the $50 was a processing nonrefundable fee. Fortunately the bank agreed to deposit the check after I told the manager the issues I had with WES. Very disappointed.

I WISH I would have listened to the reviews that I read prior to spending $250 on this ECA, which I cannot even use. I was okay with the delay in responding and understood this was going to be a difficult process by nature, but this company's COMPLETE lack of communication makes me feel like I was totally scammed. They DID NOT COUNT one of my educational credentials, which was detrimental to my immigration score. When I followed up to ask why they did not count it, they gave me the standard auto reply. At this point, I don't trust their assessment so I'm going to spend ANOTHER $250 to have it evaluated again, by a different company. There are other options - do not use WES.

World Education Services turns out to be a phony organization that makes money on fraudulent promises. First of all, they demand a substantial payment ($152 in my case). Then, they invent an impossible requirement to comply with, like for example a sent-directly original from a foreign school that does not exist anymore. Once the order is canceled, it is impossible to contact WES again and claim the refund. Letters sent to them by the US Postal Service are ignored. WES should be prosecuted.

I did a full course by course evaluation which costs $205. The results was submitted to the University as requested, but WES refused to include a copy of the my transcripts which was sent to them from my college unless I pay an additional $80. This is absurd. I spent $200 (FEES and postage) getting the transcripts from my foreign college to WES in the first place. Now they wanted me to pay another $80 for a photocopy of MY TRANSCRIPTS so that it may be emailed to the University. This is truly exploitation. I urge everyone to pay close attention to these reviews because they reveal a staggering track record. I wish I looked at them before applying.There are better options that can be explored for the this kind of work. There is no contact with customer service, except via a messaging features on their website. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

I have very bad experience with WES. It's been a month I did not hear anything back from them neither my status changed. Every time I call them, no one picks up and only auto voice that all the customer representatives are busy. It's very frustrating when you have already paid 250 $ and you don't get any updates or answers. Since last week I am calling every day and stayed online up to half an hour. It's so strange that no representative is free to take calls in half an hour. Very poor service.

I have had the same issues as others that did not get a response nor anyone picking up the phone in their so called customer care department. I don't believe it even exist. If anyone is experiencing this same problem please email me at ** and I will start a petition and send it to the NYS Attorney General to launch an investigation. I am also requesting a refund and their 501C3 revocation. What I am seeing is, this organization is taking advantage of foreign potential students because of their language barrier and lack of knowledge of our system of handling this type of business. What I have done for the students from foreign countries is to pursue the American GED which they can do quickly then use those credentials to get into a two year school then transfer to a four year institution. Let's put a end to this immediately. I have a few friends that are in high place that can push this agenda with a phone call.

I am lecturer by profession and I have always encouraged & supported students in the field of education especially from the lower economically developed countries. I have worked and still work for NGO's around the world and whenever I spot a bright student in these countries I have always encouraged them and even supported them to move to better developed nations where they can get quality education. This in no way mean that lower economically developed nations cannot provide good education but it's due to their circumstances they are unable to get quality education.

Now let me get straight to the point and I am sorry if I use harsh word against WES. I have heartfelt sympathy towards international & regional students and also PR aspirants who are caught up in your stupid bureaucratic system. You call yourself a non-profit organisation, I seriously doubt that. I am sure there will be sincere staff in the organisation who wants to provide better service for the students but it's just isn't happening. Even with so many negative feedbacks I am still wondering how WES is running the show. Is there anyone in Canada to check their credentials?? I agree that many of the students had positive results with your service but look at the negative comments provided by students & PR aspirants.

Any knowledgeable person reading those negative reviews would understand that WES is run by bunch of idiots. This is really unheard for a credentials evaluation organisation and that too in a developed nation. You don't have a easy customer service where students & PR aspirants can get in touch with your representatives. They have to wait for days to get a response to the queries and the telephone number is never reachable. These are serious issues. My sincere advise to WES team is learn from UK and other Western European countries as how correspondence is done with overseas & local applicants. WES should set a good example not a bad example. This is the first step students & PR aspirants take for migration purpose and if credential evaluation is done in such an unethical manner I really feel sorry for all the applicants.

I know there are many who is taking up the issue to higher level. If WES is going to carry on with this attitude it's definitely going to backfire them and sooner or later they will sailing into troubled waters. I will surely put my best effort to improve this service and will work with all the right individuals who can make a difference. Don't lose hope guys.

Their non-contact approach to customer service, cost me a place in a Master's program! Day after day I tried to make contact via phone and email with no success. After paying over $250, as well as the cost of paying for documents to be sent to them from overseas, they didn't send any of the documents through to the University after they were evaluated. Unfortunately, as they don't respond to emails or calls, the documents are just sitting. The problem has occurred because they have marked my account as 'waiting for documents'. However, the document they evaluated is the only document that they needed to send to the University, the other documents were for another purpose. It is also the only document earmarked for action/sending. I will now have to wait another year to apply to the course.

Please do not waste your time and money, there are many other companies you can use... I wish I checked the reviews before I risked my university placement; wasted over $250 and hours of stress and time... Also, with the number of complaints, I can't help but wonder if they are actually a true service or just a money making scam?

I'm only giving it a 1 star because there's no negative stars. I requested an evaluation OVER one and a half months ago, and I still haven't heard back from them. They either respond to emails days after you contact them or they simply choose to ignore your emails. When I call them, I have to hold approximately 35 minutes before someone finally decides to pick up the call. On my application, the "status" used to say my evaluation will be ready on the 17th of January. It's already the 25th where I come from and I have still not heard back from them (on my emails or phone calls). The deadline to a couple of the units I'm applying to has already passed. And I'm hoping the evaluation will be ready before the deadline passes for the other units.

So ya, terrible and slow service, terrible/no communication with customers, very expensive for a professional service let alone a non-professional service as WES. If I had any other option at all, I would have certainly gone for that.

Sent my documents almost 40 days back. No update. They never answer phone calls and email responses (rarely) are very automated and of no help. I have tried all ways to reach them but no luck. Does anyone know if they still exist or closed down?

Hello everyone, my experience with the WES was very good and they completed the report exactly on time. I sent the documents as requested by WES. WES confirmed their receipt and updated as DOCUMENTS RECEIVED, and next day to ACCEPTED status after confirming the documents are in order. On the 7th working day, they finalized the evaluation process. I had a wonderful and pleasant experience with WES. My advice for those who want to evaluate their documents through WES, PLEASE follow the instructions in their website and go accordingly. Everything surely work well. Thank you WES and good luck guys!!

I registered for the WES ICAP Evaluation. I made a mistake in one field in the education tab of the application. I mailed to them four times last month and my request has not been acknowledged. I don't understand why it is so hard for them to accommodate my request. I have been waiting for 30 days and my deadlines are closing. I am very disappointed to have paid $296 such terrible and careless treatment. Problem: I have not graduated yet. I am in the process of completed my degree. I selected the "did not graduate option". Later, I learned that it meant that I stopped my course. This is the reason I contacted them.

I have bought WES services in order to evaluate my university certificate in the beginning of December. I have been sending emails to WES for weeks and I have no answer. I am trying contact by phone every day and nobody answers the phone either. It is a total lack of respect.

They stick to their agreement, once you follow their rules. Ensure you read their requirements and stick to it. They always respond to enquiries, just quote your reference number. My evaluation was ok.

My experience with WES was a smooth sailing one. I did not have a hard time preparing for my credentials. I just followed religiously their requirements in submitting the documents and in less than a month my credentials were given back to me safely and evaluated well. Thank you WES for your great evaluation. More Power and God bless!

Hi everyone, my experience with the WES was very good and they gave the report on time. The documents were sent by me as requested by WES. I mailed them 3 times after sending my reports for confirmation. Within 1 to 2 working days, they promptly replied on time to my mail id. I had a wonderful and pleasant experience with WES. If anyone is having the doubt, they can contact me on my mail id ** so that I can forward the replies given by WES to me. Thanks to all... All the best to everyone for your careers... Bye...

World Education Services Company Profile