OurTime.com

OurTime

3.9/5 (692 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About OurTime

OurTime is an online dating community for people in their 50s, 60s and older. Through the app, users can customize their profiles, browse curated matches and exchange messages. The app is compatible with Android, iPhone (iOS 11.0 or later), iPad and iPod touch.

Pros

• Curated matches
  • 14-day trial subscription
  • Easy-to-use app interface

Cons

• App contains ads
  • Pricey monthly subscriptions

Bottom Line

OurTime is an easy-to-use app for people looking for new relationships. Users can scroll through matches and connect with singles. It’s free to join, but all the best features are only available through a paid subscription.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

OurTime.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

If I could give zero stars I would. I did the free trial for 3 weeks before deciding to pay for a subscription. Once I had my paid subscription I quickly discovered that the vast majority of profiles are either scams, old members no longer on the site, or non paid "members" that you cannot interact with; you cannot message or contact them to indicate your interest and they cannot contact you except by upgrading and paying to allow you (unpaid subscriber) to respond. People media is completely aware of this and in fact has designed the site so that it appears that they have lots of active potential partners. Also, please note that when you agree to become a member that they accept NO responsibility for the content or veracity of the profiles; it is to their advantage to have as many profiles as possible so that it appears that you will have a robust experience.

In 6 days of site usage, I interacted back and forth with 1 legitimate person who I have now had lunch with yesterday. This is despite me sending out about 10-12 messages without a SINGLE reply from what appeared to be legitimate people with potentially legitimate profiles; and I am a widowed physician who is 5ft 11 inches and weighs 160 lbs. and had 3 nice photos on the site, (1 with my 2 cats and dog all resting on the couch with me). Here are other specific examples of how bad this site is:

1) Everyday you receive 8 "matches" sent to you from OurTime (whether you have a non interactive unpaid subscription or a paid subscription); these are for you to review and "accept" or "pass". One profile and photo was very interesting to me so I messaged her with my interest without any reply. The problem is that this profile never showed up on a single self directed search of mine (either before or after I paid) despite that she supposedly lives 10-20 miles away from me; I probably ran 40 searches and even put in the 2 zip codes associated with the Charlotte suburb where she supposedly lives and not once did her profile appear in my search. While this might be explained by the fact that she was a non paying member I received an indication from the website that she opened my message (nonpaying members can not even see that a message was sent to them).

2) The site has a feature that says when you are "online now". I coordinated with a women friend also with a paid membership and would see my profile as "online now" when I wasn't online (we were talking on the phone).

3) My women's friend profile/photo shows up with 2 different photos of her so that her one membership appears as 2 different people; not her doing; PeopleMedia did that.

4) I typed out and sent a 1 paragraph message to a women who was supposedly online with a lot of detail about my interest in her profile; what was sent to her (I reviewed on the sent message feature) was a request from me for her to use the "Chat Now feature" which would require more $ from each of us; NONE of the content of my typed paragraph was visible in sent message.

5) MANY of the messages one receives on this site are women(? can't be sure) asking you to ask for their photo (I never responded to these but they clearly would ask for your phone number and then do something harmful with it) or people who have their phone # "disguised" in the body of their profile text to again bait you to interact with with them off the website so that they have access to your mobile #.

Bottomline this site could easily be self policed by People Media to quickly get all the riff raff off the website but then they would be left with very few real members who are on the site for the stated purpose off finding a potential "partner". They don't want to self police; they only want to take your money and lock you into a relatively worthless subscription and menu of extra features that will waste even more of your time and money. You will be better off standing on a street corner with a sign that says "I want to meet you".

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I question the validity of this site. It just did not seem authentic. I searched for local area single women and upon paying for the month service found that those who I had replied to who were supposedly in my area were in different parts of the country. While on the site there were numerous pop ups of women who claimed to be in my given area and upon trying to reply it showed that they couldnt receive messages etc. The site seemed legitimate. That is until I made my payment. Bogus site.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

All likes that I got were absolutely fake, but I discovered this only after I had paid for their overpriced membership. I wanted to find a women in my area. All my matches on OurTime were located at distant places, moreover, neither of them replied to my message. What's the point of Ourtime? I have a feeling that it's dead (except of bots). It's absolutely worthless. I got no results for the money I paid.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

OurTime is bad., really bad... Very old profiles with obsolete software.. The company is misleading people... Very few active accounts.... Not only did I waste my money I wasted my time. I think the company should reimburse me my money.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Terrible Company. Quick to take your money but provide inadequate Customer Service. Take your business elsewhere, this site has false advertising and ignorance in all aspects. Beware! Try other reputable sites! Avoid!

Resolution response: Nov. 7, 2020

I found something better! I'm over 50, but I don't mind having a younger partner. I found her on J4Date.com - she is 37, young and beautiful :) but mature enough for relationship. There are many women there who don't mind age difference, as it fits their culture. Their minds and personalities are mature enough... often more mature than those of American women over 50.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

OurTime doesn't do their work. All they want is to put you on automatic subscription and automatic renewal so they want your cc details. I strongly advise to stay away from eHarmony. In my honest opinion, it's not worth a cent. It is the kingdom of fakes and bots. Don't believe these profiles - they are used to attract new users.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Site was constantly hacked with messages sent with my username that I did not generate. Had to change my password several times. Subscription charges were higher than the web site stated. They would cancel the subscription then sign me back up without my permission and give me no way to cancel by sending me to a URL to cancel which returned a 404 error code. I believe that the company that owns Ourtime, People Media signed me up to several subscriptions I never subscribed include dating sites and gaming site.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

10 days in, I found that my PayPal account had been charged an additional “upgrade” fee, was hacked by a woman using the site to solicit funds from men all over the country who changed my profile several times: including photos. Eventually I was locked out of my own profile. I had a six month subscription and was only partially refunded. This experience left me humiliated as was my first attempt at online dating. The account person I dealt with online used COVID-19 as an excuse regarding the breach in security. Before canceling, in order to access my account after this I had to agree not to participate in a class action lawsuit to gain access.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

This is the worst dating app I ever been on. Lots of scammers targeting us. They will seem to want to be with you then ask for your email. I think it’s is to get into your computer to send a virus. Some of the guys are good looking and seem desperate to be with you but and you think can this be real but it’s NOT. Don’t be fooled. If they sound desperate to be with you but won’t meet you block them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I signed up and had to pay for 3 months in advance. Within 24 hours my account starting sending chats to men from me and my mailbox was flooded with emails and many men in the area blocked me because this. I changed my password, but when I logged back in I could literally see it typing as me and I could not stop it. I was forced to close out my account, but I think all my pictures and information was already copied and a fake account of “me” will be set up. If that isn’t bad enough, I’m out $120 too. I should at least get my money back. There is no repair to the guys in my area that believe I scammed them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I have found this site- like many similar ones - far from easy to navigate. Equally in this case, despite the site being 'free' to join, it is necessary to subscribe to be able to see to what you are being asked to respond. e.g. "Jackie likes you - send her a message". On each occasion that I sought to do that it was clear that I would be given no idea as to who or what I might have been messaging until I had parted with my subscription. I don't want to waste anyone's time - that of the potential recipient or of mine. Equally annoying was that I could not find and route to a 'help' opportunity. I don't have a problem parting with a modest amount of money but am not going to do so until I can see potential 'value for money'. Unfortunately, on this site I could not.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

After reading other reviews around the same time frame, decided to add my experience. I was disheartened with no replies from multiple attempts to connect with those who APPEARED to "like" me. It affected my self esteem. I was looking for compatible. He didn't have to be the best looking. Took me awhile to realize my likes probably weren't members & not necessarily rejections. Price to join is steep, so not willing to pay per conversation. Friend said if the guy wasn't willing to pony up for membership probably not worth the time. Now I realize they may have also lost faith in app & not willing to get burned again. Gave 2 stars because was conversing with a lovely man 11 yrs my junior just when my month ended.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

Never ever pay or even use this website you can not talk to anyone in the profile, you can never make contacts unless you pay over 50 dollars or more for even one day, I'm not joking. I got sucked into it for 30 days and I'm going to dispute it with my cc company, I was taken to believe I could converse with someone and you can't unless you pay another 10 dollars for one chat. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

HORRIBLE in a word... Poor customer service, not user friendly. No matter what you request, they simply ignore it. I requested specific mileage of 100 miles from my home and specific ethnicity and it's as if I never told them. Got people from east and west coast. Too much money for the poor value. Called many times. No response. When I finally did get a response they did not respect my requests. I would never use them again. I wish I could give them zero stars.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I definitely was scammed by Kenneth C **. I am working with the Federal Trade Commission. New to being single, a widow, Kenneth fell into the a-typical pattern of a scammer. Soon after a two back and forth correspondence, he asked for my email address. Gave me a flashy title for his job title, told me he preferred older woman and willing to relocate etc etc. The next thing I knew he was awarded as independent contractor in Turkey and the rest is history. BEWARE, this site tells you they want to know if you have been scammed but nowhere is there a way to contact them on Our Time site or call them. This site is a hoax.

Original review: July 5, 2020

This site is basically a scam. You pay 30 bucks and when you reach out to someone they can't reach back out to you free. They have to pay $5.99 to see what I said to them. The young lady did and all I could say was the site sucks. But she wanted to read what I had said to her so she paid the additional fee. Don't waste your money. It also puts like you answered someone back when you really didn't.

Original review: June 30, 2020

Think twice before you jumping off into this site. I have been on the site for 6 months and it was a disaster. I "Liked" 100's of men and did not get a real response. The individuals that reached out to me turned out to be either scammers or perverts. All but 1 really nice man that did not work out. That was a lot of frogs and never found my "prince". Cost to get on, cost to send messages, cost for this, cost for that. I think I will try a local free one next. Think about it.

Original review: June 23, 2020

There is no way to document your preferences of what you are or not looking for. They were matching me with smokers and people who lived hundreds of miles away. When I contacted the company I was told that when people open up their options they are matched with more people. Waste of my time. Why be matched with someone who absolutely is not a match? There is not enough characters for information on your profile. I thought going to a site that specializes in my age group would be great. It was not. If they could update their system, offer more options (such as exclusions) and a radius it could be better. Until they offer more options there will not be enough people to be matched to. The impression I received is that it is my fault there were not enough matches. Looking for a nonsmoker and not a long-distance relationship is not asking for too much.

Original review: June 20, 2020

At first I got a lot of attention, then realized many were just Likes and there was only the rare response to my messages. I was looking for matches within 300 km, but I kept getting Likes from all over the US and Canada, too far away, even though I specified local in my profile. I suspect many are fake, to pump up the number of Likes. The ads are offensive to women, and they keep popping up no matter what you do... it says they are from Google but they most definitely are not. More of those ads appeared each day, increasingly offensive, especially since the time I decided not to renew. As for scammers... yes, plenty of those, with perfect profiles, sad stories and asking immediately for your email address and phone number.

I contacted Customer care three times for different issues and they did finally respond, but never with a clear answer, bad grammar, and definitely no action. When I decided not to renew automatically, they offered half price for the next month... then charged my card way more than the offer, right away. So I'm now booked for an extra month with all these problems. The site is difficult to navigate, as they try hard to make you think you have lots of action when you don't. For some reason, some people are allowed long descriptions but for others, only a small number of characters. There are SOME real people on the site but not that many! I believe it's all set up to take your money any way they can. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I wonder if all these issues are related. I would not advise a friend to use this site.

Original review: June 11, 2020

The web page is hard to understand and what you can do with what you paid for. I wanted to be able to chat but didn't pay extra for call chat or email chat. When I invited someone to chat they weren't on the chat window I had on my screen. I was looking for someone from my area and thought I stated that and yet I kept getting interested inquires from very far away. Never got to connect with one person I wanted to. One that I did chat with immediately asked inappropriate questions that you would never ask of someone you didn't know. This turned me off and I no longer was interested in finding a someone for me. Get this I got over 200 views and only chated with 3.

Something is wrong with this dating site that that happens. I was on for about month and excited at first and then totally disappointed. Felt nickeled and dimed in the cost of, didn't know how to navigate site. Customer service was not much help and then I decided who wants to meet up with someone you've not gotten to know at least a little about. Oh and they have question prompt that I thought were not applicable and too petty. Sorry Our Time, glad I came to my senses and decided your type of format for meeting people was not for me!

Original review: June 3, 2020

It is a semi waste of money. They don't really do any matches, it is really just going through tons of pictures, some of which are not even registered with the site.

Also it is supposed to be for older people and lots of young people are on there.

Original review: May 28, 2020

It costs you money for the subscription, BUT, once you are in it will cost separately to send a message to someone, it will cost to boost your profile, it will cost a fee for every little thing you want to do, that's not right! And when you want to cancel and get your money back, good luck on that fight!

Original review: May 22, 2020

What a terrible service. I signed up and paid for 3 months and cancelled on day 3. They give you fake profiles, send you "stock" messages from supposed admirers. Lots of scammers trying to get your private info.

Original review: May 16, 2020

This site has not worked very well for a 78 y/o woman. But the last two days have been the worst performance of the site. When I attempt to log on, it immediately goes to the UK site, not the USA site. (I am NOT a newbie at logging on to this site.)

Original review: April 24, 2020

4 years on the site - I kept track w/ spreadsheet of views, photos, locations, etc. First words in my profile were 'only interested in local matches w/ photo'. More than half who sent msgs didn't fit that criteria. Site lessened the characters in profile, so you couldn't tell much about self. And, the full week before membership ends (I had this happen 3x, when I then stupidly/hopefully renewed), instead of 3-6 views per day, I'd get 57+ views per day, most w/out photos. Oh, men w/ larger breasts than mine, in poolside pics, who request "younger, slender women". This was a waste of time. I'll stick to book, my many good friends and magic wand. Much more reliable!

Original review: April 13, 2020

I paid for six months of OurTime in February. Since that time, I have been hacked three times. The third time, they changed my password so I couldn't contact OurTime. I did get their telephone number and was on hold a total of 8 1/2 hours to try to resolve this issue and get back on the site. After a week of trying to contact OurTime through phone calls and e-mails, I had enough, and cancelled my membership, with four months paid in advance with no reimbursement and absolutely no service. This is a terrible company that does not protect you from invasion of privacy.

Original review: April 10, 2020

On numerous occasions I have not been able to send messages. I click on the icon but message doesn't send. I have emailed the company to report but have never received a satisfactory answer as the problem still exists. I have called but I apparently get put on hold as music just plays and plays and plays! No one ever answers and my problem never gets corrected. I won't waste my money again. Starting my 4th month and no correction to the problem.

Original review: April 5, 2020

I signed up 1 month age, from the 50 profiles I contacted, 45 were fake profiles, scammers, had 1 phone conversation, and 4 so far have not contacted me back. I assume fake profiles. In my opinion this was a waste of money. When I sign in I notice a large amount of activity, and receive about 5 flirts in 10 minutes.?? Is this scamming algorithm? You can judge for yourself. My opinion it's a waste of money, too many scammers and fake profiles on this site.

Original review: March 26, 2020

I joined OurTime for one month only. I’m just over halfway through. After not getting replies, I found my profile to contain someone else’s information. And photos! Premium or Premier Membership? Can’t receive or send my messages without paying additional money! No wonder I have over 200 unread messages. No wonder when you find someone “of interest” and start communicating with them, you scratch your head when they suddenly stop responding. I smell a rat!

Original review: March 25, 2020

After clicking w/ a very charming apparently “normal” guy for a couple of hrs, our conversation poof! Disappeared...twice! We were never able to reconnect. Then, I wasn’t even able to post my pictures or contact someone either via telephone or email. The site is a joke!

OurTime.com Company Information