1.16/5

OurTime

384 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Joined 3 months ago. Wrote an initial profile and went to edit and improve it, but it locked me out and wouldn't accept my password. It took a week to get them to correct it. Now, I went to change some items on my profile and it erased my profile and limits what you can write to 200 characters (that's 2 short lines). They said they're having problems with the website and don't know if or when they'll correct it. THIS WEBSITE SUCKS. MATCH IS MUCH BETTER.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I went on the dating site "OurTime.com" to meet someone to go to dinner with, not to get married. Immediately I had lots of admirers, but from faraway states! This is very annoying to say the least. The site sends out "flirts" automatically to people I would never in a million years want to communicate with, some real trolls. Then there's the "please contact my friend who saw your profile and pic and thinks you are the most beautiful thing, but doesn't want to go on a dating website". All very suspicious. All this in 10 short days. So I deleted my profile and of course had paid for 30 days. Many, many liars and scammers and you can't tell if anyone is really a real person. This was a serious disappointment.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Many profiles are their own employees sending messages to keep clients engaged until your subscription is up. They then will keep you from being able to log in to cancel or make changes until they automatically charge to your acct. Refuse refunds. Refuse to let you speak to a supervisor. Claim they do not know who their CEO is. This site is a scam!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

I made the mistake of buying a discounted 6 month membership. 3 months in I was uneasy because two members had been aggressive and highly sex sexual. The site is supposed to be for over 50 year olds who are looking for a relationship. They profess to screen profile postings. Last week I scrolled through the "Views". Only a photo and first line of profile is shown. This man wrote, "I ** every day". That was only sentence on post. I immediately reported him, and called customer service dept to request refund of 3 months future membership. She denied, refused to connect me with supervisor. This company should never be allowed to be in business. They are scamming customers.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I was on site for 6 weeks and was sent messages from 6 individuals with sad stories about friends of theirs who saw my profile but too afraid to use site and I should contact them offline and then they ask for money. I reported it each time and told them their site was unsafe and to warn other users but they just keep saying to report it and they will investigate. They have no control of their site and they are the biggest scammers of all taking people's money and trying to sell more services. They do NOT care about their customers on this that site and it is very dangerous as I had messages from users who said they didn't send them and their profile was hacked. Please stay away from this dangerous site.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

There are a lot of fake profiles on there or you cannot make specific information as to what you want and what type of person and what area. They just put a whole bunch of junk up their whole bunch of faces that you never recommend it to anybody to do anything with it. I’m just out of a long-term relationship last year and so I was looking for early conversation in the conversation. Save your money.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I have no recall of ever signing up to OurTime or giving them any personal details. However, I was seduced by an offer of one month's membership. I was told that unless I cancelled, the full amount would be taken from my account the following month. As I was going to be away then, I cancelled prior to that date. I was asked for my password but as I don't recall ever having given one -if I had, I'd have asked for it to be 'remembered'- I couldn't provide it, subsequently, another month has been charged to my account and thus far I can find no way of exiting the site.

The instructions said I could change my password but when I clicked onto "Change Your Password" it took me back to a picture gallery of members!!! This site clearly isn't the right one for me. I now feel as if I'm in a maze, which is entirely the wrong sort of place for someone who suffers with claustrophobia. I'm feeling trapped. If I could locate a Homepage for the site it might give me a clue as to what steps to take next. At the moment, the inability to give a password and the seeming lack of availability for providing one is holding me prisoner and I have a diminishing bank account!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Site assumes you never delete messages. If you delete a message, you will not see it in history. You need to keep your inbox cluttered with junk just because you may want to review the old message. Any IT problem - you are on your own. IT does not have estimated time to correct the issue and would not contact you with the updates on a ticket. OurTime service is not worth the money they charge. You pay fees for no service and pure site's features.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Tried this dating site out and nothing but problems, dating out of race I don't do and they can't understand that, pop up trying to get your money, this site sucks. They are scammers too. Went on one date, her pic is nothing like what she looks like, she kept asking me how the dating site is going, she said just keep trying on the dating site, I think she was a plant. She is gone now, and many others don't respond and they want more money. Don't even give them any of your money, I said 30 miles from house and they are sending me ladies 1000 miles away, the site sucks bad, real bad. Worst one of them all.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Recently I try to sign in as a new member. and I was facing the problem to access to it. and I have been trying to log in for amply of times. I am telling myself I will find another day to try to sign up again. Due to my busy schedule I dont have the time as this moment of time. I was very shocked that many of you was having the bad experience of ourTime.com. and I am very sorry. Online dating can end up like a disaster. I can truly comprehend. Currently I join few dating website. It turn up African scammers. Yes I was being trained to handle to this kind of scammers ever since 2010 till now. Don't reveal your bank or credit card detail to them then you will be fine.

If any of you would like to chat with me. this is my facebook page **. Do mention to me that you were from OurTime.com. Yes I am looking for ** single Christian man to be my soul mate. God trained me for being a woman to live a godly life. Looking forward to hear from all of you soon. I am looking for friendship. Am from Malaysia.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

This site is full of fake profiles. Women who act like they are interested but aren't really. Was contacted by a local "Lady", we chatted for two weeks and then she wanted to meet me. I set up a dinner reservation and she cancelled 3 hours before the date. After 2 weeks said we were not compatible? Waste of time, don't be suckered in by the "Over 50" ads.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

So it appears, like for many reviewers, the site is a waste of time and money. A lot of flirts and messages that say the exact same thing, one clue it's bogus. Had one guy state he was military, stationed in Afghanistan, widowed etc. Having been in the military and plenty of family that were, I asked where, what he was doing etc. Gave me a generic explanation and I googled the unit he was in. What a surprise that his description was the exact same one from Wikipedia. Deciding to play along, I offered to have my nephew meet him as he was heading to the same area. Never heard another word! Go figure.

So either men don't read or the site sends you fake messages that are nowhere near what you state you are looking for. They are either pictures of women, out of the area, out of the age range or don't have pictures to start. This site is truly a waste of time and money. I can go hang out at the local bar or casino for the same results.

Oh, and customer service is worthless. I asked how to hide your profile so that you can go through the multitude of fake messages and flirts without getting more and it's not possible. So while there may be a real, honest person in there it takes forever to get to it and by then they have moved on. Don't blame them at all. I would be doing the same! I turned off the auto renewal and in the end just deleted the account a week after paying.

For those that are looking to stop the renewal, look under account settings in your profile. They keep changing the site so look for account settings, more account settings or something similar. It was a couple different layers to get to it but it should give the option to stop auto renewal and then hide or delete your profile on the next page. Good luck everyone and buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

This is not good. I was curious. Went to this site! Free they said. Well I put, "Woman seeking man..." Guess they got a mix up because I get put on the site with a wrong list. Getting messages and flirts from other women? They keep coming. I did not completed all their questions so they keep emails to this. I want to delete all contact with them! I just hope they do not charge me. I tried to contact them and all they do is give me their rates to pay. I am not a man seeking a women.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I signed up on a trial basis for free, watched for the first five days as I received numerous likes and messages, of course the only way to read your messages and see who flirted or liked you was to become a paid member. Naturally, human curiosity got the best of me, I paid for one month, right after that the messages and likes stopped, even those I replied to failed to reply back. What's worse, my credit card was stolen from this site, used in three different areas of the USA to make purchases online. Fortunately, my credit card company alerted me and we those charges will not be my responsibility and new card will be issued. DO NOT BECOME A PAID MEMBER...ONE BIG RIP OFF!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I signed up for a subscription here and things were fine for about 2 weeks. Then I had issues logging in. I contacted their support and went through several back and forth sessions with them telling me to do different things. I did all of them and finally they suggested to use a different browser to access the account. I do not want to use a different browser for just this when I use a major browser (Edge) for all my other sites. I do not appreciate being blamed for their issue. I finally told them to cancel if they did not fix this. I have now cancelled and requested a total refund. I will not be going back.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I should of known better... Nothing in life is free. "OurTime" is related & very similar to "Match.com". They say "it's free", but you have to pay to check your messages, plus pretty well everything else. I am having a hard time deleting my profile. I WOULD NOT recommend this site to anyone. This is what you call FALSE ADVERTISING.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I have read lots of reviews about this dating site. All those reviews are absolutely right. My experience is a really unique one That I didn't see on any other reviews. Here it goes!! This site lures me in with 50% discount and then tries to cross sale me bunch of useless, add-on, junk services. They deactivated my account after I canceled the automatic renew feature. It seems my account was in total hiatus. Every time I tried to view woman's profile or sent message, the PC screen would darken with a bright pop-up ad reminding me to reactivate my account of six month for $80.27. What kind crap is this? I enrolled and paid for six month; They deactivated my account only after two month?

I contacted the customer service and they emailed me that they found nothing wrong. I can close the pop-up ad by click on the x at top of the right corner. That's absolutely baloney. This pop-up ads in itself is a scam. It should not be allowed even on the screen at all. This is the second time I enrolled on this site. I was on this site 15-20 years ago after split from my wife. I was not serious back then, just looking around. Now I'm serious, trying to find a compatible woman. Something odds happens. The women on OurTime.com are almost all similar after 20 years apart?? This is a big scam. Two different women dated me just several days ago.

I recognized them immediately. They told me the same kind stories they told me 20 years ago. They didn't know this is my second time on OurTime.com. They think I'm just another one time regular patron. They are wrong. Be aware, folks. This site put not only all those fake profiles, fake photos but also offer fake dating service if they see a chance to suck you in for another six month enrollment. Don't give them any of your hard earn money. There are plenty of other better dating site.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I was on OurTime for 6 months. I had one date in 6 months. On Match.com, I had 28 dates in 6 months. When they say there are 500 people in your area, 475 are people who used the system years ago and 25 are current members. They charged me $117 for 6 months. I sent out 150 messages to nice people. I got a reply from about 7 of them. I had one date. I have a master's degree and have been working for the same employer for 34 years. My profile is quite strong and got nothing on OurTime. I had lots of dates on Match.com. What is really unusual on OurTime is the number of people who don't even open the email you sent them. About 80% don't even look at your email and 15% read it and then delete it. You get a response 5% of the time. It almost seems like this website is a complete scam. Do not give them a penny. It's a penny wasted.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I joined (paid) for our time November 2018. I sent messages to several men I found interesting. When they responded I found their profile information had been changed. Some of them while I was online. Pictures deleted and changed from male to female. This site must be set up by scammers to steal from mature people. I have already set it up not to renew and forwarded messages to the customer service. I do not believe that I will get a response. Stay away from this site. I have had messages from a few men but the interest is very short lived and it takes several days for all responses to come. I do not believe that I am corresponding with real people but people hired to respond to the messages.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I joined this one dating website. Within a couple days I started getting emails from people that I never gave my email address to. I notified OurTime if this privacy breach and wanted to have my profile permanently deleted from their website. I received a response saying they would refund my money within 12 hrs. 4 days later nothing from them, either about the info beach or refund. DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE OR BET BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Other reviewers called this company/services a SCAM. That may be an UNDERSTATEMENT. Everything is a tease. Nothing works. You receive CONSTANT new matches. You can’t save those profiles you like for follow up. App has no utility and you have to rely on main website where you’re hit with pop-ups. The whole operation is engineered to collect your money and they refuse refunds. I was not even allowed to speak to a manager. NO LEGITIMATE business anywhere on earth refuses that. Customer service reps are foreign and clueless. They’re useless and promote cheap PR lines.

Unfortunately for me and others, we have lost $65 plus. There will be more victims until someone shuts this operation down. It has NO corporate location or contact in US. It may be a Russian troll farm. The scariest thing: they have our personal information and have sold it repeatedly without our permission. By the way, I was supposedly getting messages from far away states when the whole match is advertised as local. I wonder who’s and what’s real on OurTime.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

When you are on the site, the renewal box pops up CONSTANTLY! You have to indicate "No thanks" to move on. (Which is intentionally microscopically small.) In error I apparently missed the mark & renewed when I was only a month into my subscription. I immediately called my credit card, explained it was an error & they did a chargeback. Initiating a chargeback shut down my account. Period. I had to call & they "gave/comped" (in their words) the days I had paid for on my original subscription. At that point I explained my dilemma & asked to cancel. I was told no due to the chargeback process.

Long story short, they responded that the charge was valid, it went back on my credit card, & even though I paid for this additional subscription, my account is still locked. I paid & have no access. They told me I would have to wait 90 days for their systems process of a chargeback (even tho they responded to my credit card immediately). We are now well past the 90 days & NOTHING!! I HATE THIS SITE! THEY ARE THIEVES! Wish I had read the reviews before I signed up! And I too went in to modify my profile & found out it could now only be 140 characters. What can you say with 140 characters? No warning of this change, but once you go in to modify your profile you have to delete down to the 140 characters! STAY AWAY FROM OURTIME!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I am a long term member of this site although I actually view the site very infrequently as each time I do, there is very little activity. I realized that activity increases dramatically as the account is due to expire and this company wants you to renew your subscription. Suddenly I had over 100 views of my information, multiple flirts and a couple of dozen messages. Naturally, for me to view any of this good news, I had to renew for another 6 months at another $117.00. I called customer service to express my dismay. Well, that was quite the experience in itself. Got a woman on the phone who I could barely understand. She was in the Philippines. There is nobody in America I could speak with. This company is a scam. I spoke with 4 women in 8 years. Turns out, none lived in my area. Save your money folks!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

OurTime update limits description fields to 140 characters. What a joke removing our long profiles. No WARNING. Had I known I would not have updated my description. I imagine it is greed. If we pay more no doubt we will be able to once again write longer profiles. GREED. What horses behind thought this up? Fire them, this is not the service I paid for. Called them 866-727-8920, long wait times. More than 20 min on hold, to drill down to a human being, and finally customer service said there is nothing they can do to help, the new upgrade is the way it is going to be, really??

I can leave and I will call my credit card company and tell them I am not getting what I paid for and dispute the last renewal. Goodbye AND GOOD RIDDANCE. OFF TO MATCH AND OR POF OR ANY OTHER DATING SITE WITH NO RESTRICTIONS. How is it an equal playing field if others who have long profiles never update their information, so their profiles remain as is. I went and looked at various profiles. All new members are now on the 140 character per description field system and so members of the opposite sex, well male and or female some have long descriptions some do not.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My experience was a total negative. I was enticed to join by reviewing the prospects they showed that were close to the area I reside in. This was false advertising. The messages I received came from out of the U.S. and totally out of my area. They also were out of the age range and gender I requested. Anyone I communicated with did not want to communicate on the site. They just wanted my e-mail. While on the site they keep trying to get you to upgrade, and buy their products. I am trying to get a refund, but not too hopeful after reading reviews.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Every time I open the website an advertisement overtakes the site and will not let me out of it. Even if I shut off WiFi and data it still takes over. I am not able to contact the company because of the advertisement.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Paid for 3 month membership. Logged out after doing my profile. Cannot get back in. They tell me wrong password and email. I know what my password and email is. Sent several messages to them, they totally ignore them. They have taken few out of my bank. Guess NON WILL BE MY NEXT STEP.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

There are three areas of filling out your profile where you can tell your story, what you're looking for, and what else you would like to add. THEY NOW LIMIT YOU TO 140 CHARACTERS! THIS ISN'T TWITTER! What can you possibly say and truly express yourself when you are so limited. I called the company and they said it was an update. I explained I signed up because I saw very lengthy profiles and thought I could do the same. Then I was told there was an update and now the limitation. I said I wanted a partial refund since they weren't providing the service I paid for. The answer was no! Horrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I joined OurTime and quickly realized that many of the profiles pictured are not active accounts. Read a lot of profiles and you'll see that many have the exact same wording, as if they were auto-filled. I started writing to everyone pictured to see who was real and who was a ghost profile and 12 hours later I was locked out of the site. (3 out of 10 verified that they were actual, live participants.) I am contacting the Attorney General to file fraud charges.

Resolution response: Jan. 5, 2019

Just to update my experience with OurTime.com I requested a full refund, otherwise I would let my credit card company get involved. I felt security as the main issue. They promptly responded with the offer. Customer care was very understanding. They asked for suggestions of improvement of which I did. They would send those to the Products and Development Team. The main issue is the site allows pictures and profiles to be copied. Hackers and make copies and use those on that site or other sites. I experienced the site was full of stolen identity. Therefore one never knew it was an actual contact or a con.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I deleted my profile only after 5 days. This site can not be trusted. Profile pictures are copied and used (pasted) on a fake account along with the original profile. You never really know who you are texting or e-mailing. Never followed an interest to the end as the inquiry became very suspicious after the 2nd correspondence. Don't really know what the scammers are after, but reading the other reviews it boils down to money. Stay away from OurTime.

OurTime.com Company Information