2.89/5

OurTime

410 OurTime.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 23, 2019

OurTime has been a joke. They don’t give many options that may match you, the filter isn’t great, I said I was looking for people of a certain race and I kept getting other races. Guys that did connect would text to chat then take 2-3 days to respond. I am sorry but if you are seriously looking for a mate how do you just check in every 2-3 days. One guy I finally starting chatting with ended up standing me up. Another guy I was chatting with would not respond back for a day or two then said he’s working a lot?? Then why are you looking for a relationship. This has just been a waste of my money and after 1 month I’m done. Don’t waste your money. These are either people hired to talk to you to keep you coming and staying and spending another month or men that really aren’t serious.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I signed on for a 6 mo period, was contacted by several people right off, all scammers. Within 4 days my account was hacked & over 500 messages were sent out & the next morning my credit card company sent me a fraud alert. Hackers were able to get my credit card & had made $2,000 in charges overnight. The company did not want to close my account & I had to argue to get a refund... Still waiting for confirmation that it went through. They keep telling me they are working on security but I am still getting messages that lead me to a page asking for my info even though my account is supposed to be closed.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Useless from the point of view of meeting someone. Many of the men have one of several oft repeated one sentence self-descriptions, so they are either fake or by people so unable to communicate they must pick a pre-written one. The very few genuine or interesting men seem to get so many replies that they get lost in the confusion, as some have said to me. A few have been perverts, whom you can block. Business wise, you constantly receive pop-up pleas to upgrade, even when trying to do things like cancel automatic renewal. When I apparently accidentally accepted one of these, my complaint went unanswered until I appealed to the credit card company, at which point Ourtime did take the trouble to fight the credit company refund to me.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I signed up March 2019. The site is not free as it claims it is. You have to pay before you can even look at any messages or anything. After I paid I realized I could not even write a profile and mostly what I received were winks or flirts and any actual messages were rare and fake. I wrote and asked for a refund and was told I could not get a refund because it was paid through Apple. Then I tried to use my account and I could not log in. I wrote again and was told they had deleted and blocked my account which I had paid for and had basically not even used. They told me via email that they could not disclose even to me the reason they blocked and deleted my account. DO NOT USE THIS SITE, IT IS A SCAM!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I registered for OurTime and I paid for the 6 months discount subscription, I have tried uploading my pictures and it has been pending approval for almost 2 weeks. Contacted the support but I am getting pre-determined response, not even talking to anyone. I have been widowed for 4 years and i work on an oil rig, I thought I would meet someone special who I could spend my retirement life with. Please chat me on Hangout ** or email me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: June 5, 2019

Every attractive lady that has contacted me on this site so far has been a scammer. They send you their phone # and say, "Text me" which is against the rules, this way the scammer gets your # and hacks your info or they send you their email address. Same thing. Now they have yours when you contact them. First they'll ask you where you're from, where you grew up but not answer similar questions. Plus the site matches you up with people who don't come anywhere near to your preferences, age, race, distance and so unattractive. Total rip off. Save your money.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Previously, I emailed OurTime to cancel my subscription. OurTime did not cancel and billed me for another $107.94. When I saw that PayPal had paid them, I called OurTime. I was told my account would be canceled and I would receive a refund back to my Paypal account. Well, one week later the money had not been returned to me. I kept receiving notifications from OurTime that members wanted to get in contact with me. Whenever I tried to respond, I would always receive a pop-up saying, "reactivate" my account and receive a 255 discount.

When I called OurTime again, I spoke with Albert. Albert informed me my account was active until November 2019, yet I could not contact anyone. Every time I did I receive the pop-up. Albert said this was an option. Why are they sending me offers when I had six months left on my subscription? Which I thought was canceled already. And because OurTime had been sending me notifications, that constitute usage and I would not be eligible for a refund. OurTime is a deceptive site. STAY AWAY, THE NO. 1 SCAMMER IS OURTIME.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I am trying go delete matches, especially out of the area matches. I hit the delete button and the unwanted matches do not disappear. How do I delete them permanently? I have tried this multiple times and no luck. I do not want to see the same names turn up.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I recently created an online profile for OurTime. Since you can't see or read message unless you're a paid member, when I saw the (onsite) offer of a subscription at 65% off regular price I was ready to subscribe. That's where the problem started. No matter how I tried to process my subscription payment, I received the message that my payment was declined. I tried subscribing through the app as well as on the desktop site. I tried PayPal, 2 different credit cards and a bank card. Despite the fact that all of these payment methods had ample funds from which to draw at, the result was the same - payment declined. On 05/28, I used the customer contact email offered on the site. Today is 05/30 and I still haven't gotten a response.

On 05/28, I also called customer service and was told I needed to contact my financial institutions to resolve the issue. I told the customer service rep that I had done that and was told the problem was not on the payment end but rather on the website's end. The customer service rep offered to sign me up over the phone at full price as he did not have the option of processing the discounted price. I told him this was unacceptable and he told me I would have to go through the site to make have the reduced price apply. I repeated that I have been unable to do that which was why I called. He again suggested I contact my financial institutions to see why my payments are declined. It was at this point that I asked what other means were available to process my subscription at the discounted price. He said he'd let the technical team know there is an issue and I should try again in a couple of days.

Today is 05/30 and I'm still not able to pay for a subscription through any of the methods previously tried. So I once again called customer service. "Princess" said she sees that I emailed about the problem. She told me there was no problem with my account so I should contact my financial institutions (here we go again). I explained to her that was not where the problem lies. She offered to sign me up over the phone but could only do a 25% discount that way. I told her I wanted the 65% discount shown on the site. She said it wasn't possible that I would have to sign up through the site to get that discount. When I asked to speak to her supervisor she told me she would give her supervisor my contact information and someone would call me back within a day. I told her I'd wait on the phone while she located a supervisor.

After a brief hold Princess came back on the line and said her supervisor was busy and that the supervisor would call me back within a day. At this point, I'm beyond annoyed. I strongly believe this is a Bait and Switch deal. I'm sure my payment would have no problem being processed if I wait until it's back to full price.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I joined this site. I have nothing but outstate scammers.. I report and block them to have them come back in a day with same picture but different name and whereabouts.. I want a refund.. Also they keep sending messages to men I did not send one to? I.e. like I enjoyed their profile? I never send one.. I truly think this site needs to be investigated by police. Never again..

OurTime.com Company Information