Find an Online Dating Sites partner

OurTime

3.3/5 (199 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About OurTime

OurTime is an online dating community for people in their 50s, 60s and older. Through the app, users can customize their profiles, browse curated matches and exchange messages. The app is compatible with Android, iPhone (iOS 11.0 or later), iPad and iPod touch.

Pros

• Curated matches
  • 14-day trial subscription
  • Easy-to-use app interface

Cons

• App contains ads
  • Pricey monthly subscriptions

Bottom Line

OurTime is an easy-to-use app for people looking for new relationships. Users can scroll through matches and connect with singles. It’s free to join, but all the best features are only available through a paid subscription.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

OurTime.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OurTime.com?

Original review: July 30, 2021

I have been on and off this site and now when my membership expires I am gone for good. I am a woman who dates younger men, but younger for me falls within Our Times' criteria. I listed the age group I wanted matches from and what I got were matches that were often several years older than me. Not interested. When I complained, they told me that they were giving me "the matches that were available". What they are doing instead is throwing me into an algorithm that has nothing to do with what I was looking for. When men I weren't interested in insulted me, Our Time did nothing. Also, someone was stalking me and they did nothing about it until he violated some other rule. Stay away from the site, it's a rip off and not worth it. I never had any dates, or correspondence from anyone on this site. Unless you are a woman who wants to date someone 15 years older than she is you will be out of luck.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I initially replied to a number of men who wanted to meet & asked them follow up questions. They never replied & I later checked to see they never opened my replies. I was able to chat with one man online & he said he never received my replies. The last straw was reaching out to a man whose profile said he had a master's & was an educator. I decided to pay the extra smaller amount they want you to pay to ensure the reader can reply. I then sent a follow up text asking if he had received my earlier text as many others had never replied to me. The immediate response wanted to know all about my negative experience, with no reply to my earlier text questions to him. I then asked more about his background & the responses weren’t even proper English- total scam! I believe the prior profiles were old ones they use to give the appearance of a “real” person- big waste of money & time- Do no trust this site- don’t lose your money!

Original review: June 26, 2021

OurTime sends a daily list of people that you are matched with. However, when you click on them, it's not accurate. It will say the specs are matchable, and then when you click the profile, it can be EVERYTHING you specifically identified as a no way.

Original review: June 20, 2021

This company is the biggest RIPOFF on the Internet. It's nothing but a marketing scam!!!! DO NOT JOIN THIS SERVICE!!! UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF. This service gives you the same messages and likes over and over and DOES NOT follow your requests!!!!

Original review: June 13, 2021

What I have found on this site are typically married men who want a fling, or scammers who do not even live in the country who start asking for money. And if there are single men, they look like the Grinch but want to date a super model. Don't waste your time or money on this site. We really need a site where people are vetted and backgrounds are performed.

Original review: June 12, 2021

There is no thrill at all with this app. No one wants to talk, they just want to get your number right off the bat. Plenty of guys initiate conversation but most all for a date and want to know what to do, like just pick something! Most conversations don't end in a question to keep the conversation going...I guess that's just guys these days!

Original review: June 11, 2021

I paid for a 1 month and they had them same Woman RECOMMENDED to me every day for the whole month. NO NEW RECOMENDATIONS. Their subscribers must have been limited because I kept receiving the same Woman over and over every day.

Original review: May 31, 2021

Men in the 60-70 age group have very similar profiles. I.E; love laughter, love outdoors, will usually be 5'10', they don't put forth any effort in taking appealing photos (some photos are a little scary). The men who might be a little interesting to me (world travelers, interesting hobbies, etc.) don't respond back.

Original review: May 22, 2021

Lots of messages but all refuse to video chat. They Can not even use proper English. It's obvious that English is a second Language. Fake Fake Fake. Don't waste your money, it's a scam. College educated Professionals born in U S A and can not even speak proper English. Its hard to tell if they are freelance scammers or working for the site. One thing is for sure, they are not who they say they are if they won't show their Face. Don't waste your money.

Original review: May 8, 2021

I paid for a 6 month subscription. I was not happy with the matches. Not many near my home. Kept showing the same people even when I passed on them. Also didn't keep to the ages I specified. Would not recommend.

Original review: April 26, 2021

I tried this site for a month. I have a couple more days to go. The selection of men were more than usual. But just the past 2 days of (which is close the end of my subscription) I have been inundated with computer generated messages from all over the country. I think it is ironic of the timing. And most of the messages DO NOT have photos, information about themselves or anything else like a regular account. I find this site is not true and honest. Why after 3 weeks am I getting hundreds of computer generated messages a day! I was on once before and same thing happened. I complained I wasn’t getting any messages and then all of a sudden they came through...

Original review: March 9, 2021

I joined Ourtime for a 6 month period. After 1 month, it was abruptly stopped and said I would have to call their number. I called and asked what had happened and the guy I talked to (Roy) said he would let the company know and they would get back within 24-48 hours. After 2 days and not hearing from them, I called again and was told that I was cancelled for not following the guidelines. I told the man that it must be a mistake because I had not done anything wrong. I asked what it was that caused this and he said he couldn't tell me. I asked to speak to his supervisor and he refused to give me a name or number, but after a while he finally said he would see if he could get someone to talk to me. After being on hold for 30 minutes I finally hung up. It was clear that no one was going to talk to me. This company is obviously in the business to take your money and then cancel you without any explanation. They are scammers!! Beware!!

Original review: March 3, 2021

Every time I go on the site, I am told someone has viewed my profile but I can never find the profile of that person. I cannot search a person by location (postal code) even though it is supposed to be an option. Finally, there are extra charges for everything. Overall the site is a confusing incoherent scam to gouge we fools who have subscribed to it. I must add that Match.com is just as bad. These parasites are cursed and should be put out of business and our misery.

Charles Bernard

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

The reviews on this site are absolutely true. I wish I could stop people from wasting their money. Half the profiles don’t have a picture. And the ones that do aren’t even local. And the ones that are look like they just fell off a prison bus. They make it so difficult to cancel the renewal. There has to be better sites out there. Please beware.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Do Not Pay “OurTime“ any money. I had a paid membership on “Our Time“ singles website and you expect to make contacts but “Our Time” CONTROLS every person you try to email by blocking the conversations and charging ridiculous “Gifts”, “Tokens”, a stupid “Boost” over and over on your credit card. From $.99 to $6.99 each time and more just to receive or correspond with other members. "Our Time” blocks the conversations from happening so they can get into your bank account over and over. They overcharge for the Membership as well and to make contact with ANYONE which never happens. Save your money. DO Not Sign Up with “Our Time” singles website.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

This is the worst dating site. They ignore your location and send you matches from various other states. You will get messages that you have many reviews. They are not there. There are members photos on this site from years ago. I know this for a fact because I was on this site in 2018 and met a guy. When I went back on this site his profile came up. Same one same pic from 2018 and I know he is and has been in a good relationship. So DON'T DO IT. It's too expensive for what you get and the men are mostly just surfing and not seriously looking.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

After browsing the site for a week or so - I finally 'joined' (i.e. paid $40 for a one month subscription), because I had 30 messages and likes - and many seemed legit. Upon paying the fee - I was able to see details on messages - and although before I paid up the site showed me primarily local guys (I live in DFW - so lots of guys), upon payment - details revealed that 95% of the contacts were from guys many thousands of miles away! Only 2 of the 30 were in the DFW area - and a total of 4 in Texas. The age(s) you are interested in and the location don't seem to apply - once they have your money. TOTAL SCAM!!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

This site has gone to hell over the years. They allow pics of girls that are early 20s claiming they’re in their 50s, 60s and 70’s. I report them as fraudulent profiles but nothing gets done. Like others said, they ask for your info right away. Beware because this has become an illegitimate site. I would not be surprised if the entire site is being run by criminal scammers. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT JOIN!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

Lots of not active, outdated profiles. Some obviously scammy letters. And no tangible results! Anyway, I found something better! I'm over 50, but I don't mind having a younger partner. I found her on **. She is 37, young and beautiful :) but mature enough for relationship. There are many women there who don't mind age difference, as it fits their culture. Their minds and personalities are mature enough.. Often more mature than those of American women over 50.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

If I could give zero stars I would. I did the free trial for 3 weeks before deciding to pay for a subscription. Once I had my paid subscription I quickly discovered that the vast majority of profiles are either scams, old members no longer on the site, or non paid "members" that you cannot interact with; you cannot message or contact them to indicate your interest and they cannot contact you except by upgrading and paying to allow you (unpaid subscriber) to respond. People media is completely aware of this and in fact has designed the site so that it appears that they have lots of active potential partners. Also, please note that when you agree to become a member that they accept NO responsibility for the content or veracity of the profiles; it is to their advantage to have as many profiles as possible so that it appears that you will have a robust experience.

In 6 days of site usage, I interacted back and forth with 1 legitimate person who I have now had lunch with yesterday. This is despite me sending out about 10-12 messages without a SINGLE reply from what appeared to be legitimate people with potentially legitimate profiles; and I am a widowed physician who is 5ft 11 inches and weighs 160 lbs. and had 3 nice photos on the site, (1 with my 2 cats and dog all resting on the couch with me). Here are other specific examples of how bad this site is:

1) Everyday you receive 8 "matches" sent to you from OurTime (whether you have a non interactive unpaid subscription or a paid subscription); these are for you to review and "accept" or "pass". One profile and photo was very interesting to me so I messaged her with my interest without any reply. The problem is that this profile never showed up on a single self directed search of mine (either before or after I paid) despite that she supposedly lives 10-20 miles away from me; I probably ran 40 searches and even put in the 2 zip codes associated with the Charlotte suburb where she supposedly lives and not once did her profile appear in my search. While this might be explained by the fact that she was a non paying member I received an indication from the website that she opened my message (nonpaying members can not even see that a message was sent to them).

2) The site has a feature that says when you are "online now". I coordinated with a women friend also with a paid membership and would see my profile as "online now" when I wasn't online (we were talking on the phone).

3) My women's friend profile/photo shows up with 2 different photos of her so that her one membership appears as 2 different people; not her doing; PeopleMedia did that.

4) I typed out and sent a 1 paragraph message to a women who was supposedly online with a lot of detail about my interest in her profile; what was sent to her (I reviewed on the sent message feature) was a request from me for her to use the "Chat Now feature" which would require more $ from each of us; NONE of the content of my typed paragraph was visible in sent message.

5) MANY of the messages one receives on this site are women(? can't be sure) asking you to ask for their photo (I never responded to these but they clearly would ask for your phone number and then do something harmful with it) or people who have their phone # "disguised" in the body of their profile text to again bait you to interact with with them off the website so that they have access to your mobile #.

Bottomline this site could easily be self policed by People Media to quickly get all the riff raff off the website but then they would be left with very few real members who are on the site for the stated purpose off finding a potential "partner". They don't want to self police; they only want to take your money and lock you into a relatively worthless subscription and menu of extra features that will waste even more of your time and money. You will be better off standing on a street corner with a sign that says "I want to meet you".

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I question the validity of this site. It just did not seem authentic. I searched for local area single women and upon paying for the month service found that those who I had replied to who were supposedly in my area were in different parts of the country. While on the site there were numerous pop ups of women who claimed to be in my given area and upon trying to reply it showed that they couldnt receive messages etc. The site seemed legitimate. That is until I made my payment. Bogus site.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

All likes that I got were absolutely fake, but I discovered this only after I had paid for their overpriced membership. I wanted to find a women in my area. All my matches on OurTime were located at distant places, moreover, neither of them replied to my message. What's the point of Ourtime? I have a feeling that it's dead (except of bots). It's absolutely worthless. I got no results for the money I paid.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

OurTime is bad., really bad... Very old profiles with obsolete software.. The company is misleading people... Very few active accounts.... Not only did I waste my money I wasted my time. I think the company should reimburse me my money.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Terrible Company. Quick to take your money but provide inadequate Customer Service. Take your business elsewhere, this site has false advertising and ignorance in all aspects. Beware! Try other reputable sites! Avoid!

Resolution response: Nov. 7, 2020

I found something better! I'm over 50, but I don't mind having a younger partner. I found her on J4Date.com - she is 37, young and beautiful :) but mature enough for relationship. There are many women there who don't mind age difference, as it fits their culture. Their minds and personalities are mature enough... often more mature than those of American women over 50.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

OurTime doesn't do their work. All they want is to put you on automatic subscription and automatic renewal so they want your cc details. I strongly advise to stay away from eHarmony. In my honest opinion, it's not worth a cent. It is the kingdom of fakes and bots. Don't believe these profiles - they are used to attract new users.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

Site was constantly hacked with messages sent with my username that I did not generate. Had to change my password several times. Subscription charges were higher than the web site stated. They would cancel the subscription then sign me back up without my permission and give me no way to cancel by sending me to a URL to cancel which returned a 404 error code. I believe that the company that owns Ourtime, People Media signed me up to several subscriptions I never subscribed include dating sites and gaming site.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

10 days in, I found that my PayPal account had been charged an additional “upgrade” fee, was hacked by a woman using the site to solicit funds from men all over the country who changed my profile several times: including photos. Eventually I was locked out of my own profile. I had a six month subscription and was only partially refunded. This experience left me humiliated as was my first attempt at online dating. The account person I dealt with online used COVID-19 as an excuse regarding the breach in security. Before canceling, in order to access my account after this I had to agree not to participate in a class action lawsuit to gain access.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

This is the worst dating app I ever been on. Lots of scammers targeting us. They will seem to want to be with you then ask for your email. I think it’s is to get into your computer to send a virus. Some of the guys are good looking and seem desperate to be with you but and you think can this be real but it’s NOT. Don’t be fooled. If they sound desperate to be with you but won’t meet you block them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I signed up and had to pay for 3 months in advance. Within 24 hours my account starting sending chats to men from me and my mailbox was flooded with emails and many men in the area blocked me because this. I changed my password, but when I logged back in I could literally see it typing as me and I could not stop it. I was forced to close out my account, but I think all my pictures and information was already copied and a fake account of “me” will be set up. If that isn’t bad enough, I’m out $120 too. I should at least get my money back. There is no repair to the guys in my area that believe I scammed them.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I have found this site- like many similar ones - far from easy to navigate. Equally in this case, despite the site being 'free' to join, it is necessary to subscribe to be able to see to what you are being asked to respond. e.g. "Jackie likes you - send her a message". On each occasion that I sought to do that it was clear that I would be given no idea as to who or what I might have been messaging until I had parted with my subscription. I don't want to waste anyone's time - that of the potential recipient or of mine. Equally annoying was that I could not find and route to a 'help' opportunity. I don't have a problem parting with a modest amount of money but am not going to do so until I can see potential 'value for money'. Unfortunately, on this site I could not.

OurTime.com Company Information