Match.com

• 1%
  • 2%
  • 90%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Reviewed May 6, 2024

If I could give it zero stars I would. I was logged out of my account. Requested to update my password and was unable to do so. The ONLY mode of communication is through email. They tell me to log in to cancel but I can’t log in without a password!!! Complete and utter awful “business”. I have my credit card company involved with a dispute of the charge because this all happened within 7 days of being charged for subscription. Absolutely AWFUL way to run a business!

Reviewed May 6, 2024

Match.com customer service is so slow and unprofessional with any comments or concerns you may have, but is always willing to take your money. In my best judgment to you I would recommend not joining!

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I have not been able to login for over 3 days. There is no phone to call. I found this out the hard way. I looked up a number on web and called a number representing Match.Com. The gentleman told me they needed to use webkey. I didn't know what this was. My brother looked it up and it is Spyware. I didn't download. I have been attempting to contact Match thus far by email. No one will answer about refund or why I can't log in. I get a generic response for email. There is no customer service. I would recommend going to a site that has customer service. I am out of money and cannot log in to site. I don't know what to do.

Customer ServiceStaffEase of Use

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I have tried Match.com multiple times, for a long period of time. I have spent hundreds of dollars using Match.com's paid subscription. The site has become worse and worse as years have gone by. They have made the site more difficult to navigate through. It is harder to see who has messaged you. It used to be that you had a mailbox and if someone sent you a message it was just like an email going into your email mailbox. You could read it and respond. Now it is different, and it no longer works that way. The whole site is more confusing. It is not that you can't figure it out, but it is not as user friendly, and not as easy as it used to be. Now match.com has changed their policy on reviewing other people's profiles as a non paid member. Now you can only see 6 profiles, and the rest are not viewable if you do not have a paid subscription.

What is match.com hiding? Are they hiding the fact that they do not believe that they have enough "real" profiles on their site to convince someone to pay for a subscription? Many many years ago, companies that made and packaged food products, switched from packaging their products in packages that completely concealed their food items (like a box with no clear sides to it), to packaging that revealed the actual product. You could actually see the food, and see that it looked good. If match thinks I would pay for a subscription without showing me their full list of profiles, they have gone mad. And they probably have to be honest. Match.com's executives are probably border line insane to insane.

amor

Stop susbcribing they did same to us all

amor

I regret it very much cause it was hard to even go to any site

Reviewed April 26, 2024

I used to really enjoy this site but lately it's been such a pain. They randomly decided to have my password no longer work, I sent the password reset email to my email and it never shows up. And I really REALLY HATE that if you want to change your email you have to send an email to Match asking them to do it. The problem here is, I did this recently and it took 24 hrs to get a reply asking for certain ways to verify it's me. I did that, waited about 10 hours for a replying saying "Oh we couldn't confirm it's you". I replied back, waited a few hours they reply back with this "I have to esculate you're case to another department please wait 24-48 hours". Seriously? All this just to change my email? All other dating sites/apps let the user change their emails, why does Match make it so complicated? Not to mention for about 1 month their website has been offline, but the app works somehow?

Reviewed April 23, 2024

Match.com blocked me from a paid subscription. I emailed them over 20 times with zip code, screen shot from bank withdrawal, pictures of myself, last person I spoke to on there.... I got back same message that they can't confirm who I am. Terrible customer service and no refund of 6 months prescription. Terrible.

Diane

They did that to me too! No way to actually talk to customer service, only email and they want all these questions answered but when questions are answered, they still say that they cannot confirm who I am. HORRIBLE WEBSITE!!!

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed April 14, 2024

I had purchased a premium membership on 2/19/2024 and had been enjoying my time on Match until 4/6/2024 when my account disappeared. I have contacted match over and over without any success. It is disturbing that they are now saying they are unable to verify my account? I am dumbfounded by this but it seems almost criminal to take $149.99 for 6 months of service and provide less than three and be unable to refund because they can't verify my account despite my providing screenshots, requested information, etc.. Also, all the phone numbers they have listed online are either recorded phone calls directing you to their website (214-576-9352 and 800-926-2824) or disconnected (214-576-9332). I cannot use their chat function because you have to be signed into your account and that is why I am trying to get help. It really is the best little scam complete with public marketing and advertising.

Reviewed April 10, 2024

Unlike other sites, Match does not allow turning off of subscription ‘auto-renew’. Most services allow users of online dating, magazines, and iOS streaming services customers to cancel their subscriptions AND continue to use the product for the period of time purchased. But not Match! Once you cancel your subscription, you lose access to your paid account (and are pushed down to the free version). While I’m sure Match’s fine print states this, but most purchasers assume that the largest company in online dating follows the industry standard of cancelling auto-renewal.

It makes sense for magazines and streaming video services to give the option of auto-renewal. But the PURPOSE of online dating is to find a partner so that the dating service will NO LONGER BE NEEDED. I received no response from Match when I asked them about this via their website. I found Match’s customer support poor in other matters as well. I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING MATCH.COM OR THEIR ASSOCIATED ONLINE DATING COMPANIES (Tender, OKCupid, MeetIC, Hinge, Plenty of Fish, and OurTime).

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPrice

Reviewed April 9, 2024

Very HARD to cancel subscription with Match.com. There is no way to talk to a human. All they did was email me with instructions on how to self-cancel, but it didn't work. There is no way for me to cancel by myself! So FRUSTRATED! I sent an email asking them to help me unsubscribe but they haven't done it yet! They kept charging me. I had to dispute the transaction with my bank. They then continued to charge me via Apple Pay. I had to dispute the transaction with Apple… This is so ANNOYING!

match is waste

Reviewed April 5, 2024

I purchased the premium subscription, but there are features that I am asked to pay extra for. Many profiles seem to be inactive. I’ve used Match off and on for a few years and it’s beginning to feel like a scam at worst and at best, not good value.

Reviewed April 3, 2024

5 days ago I signed up at Match.com. Halfway through creating my profile, it asked to verify my number. It states it “can’t verify” my number and then proceeds to stop right there. I can’t get access into the site. I emailed for help. The responses have been sparse. I was briefly on then it kicked me out again for the can’t verify my number issue again. They keep saying they will escalate to another level. Which means another day of waiting. They took my money right away though. That worked. I am paying for a service that I have not received.

Reviewed April 2, 2024

They steal your info: For everyone out there: These people should be sued for taking people’s personal info and pics and then blocking them so they have no access to their info. The worst dating site. Be very careful and don’t fall to their trap.

very bad

Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed April 1, 2024

I joined Match 6 months ago and had minimal matches. The few matches were age inappropriate or totally outside my requested interest group. I tried to get

a refund but there is no customer service number, and emails were not answered. When I asked for a refund for an auto renewal at $159, I was denied and my credit card company and PayPal would not allow investigation. There is no one to contact and the numbers supplied make cancellation by website impossible. I wish the FTC would get involved with this fraudulent organization. Cancellation is made difficult and eventually they make you pay for another 6 mo period though I no longer used. Match is a scam and fraud, avoid at all cost.

match is just like that

Online & App

Reviewed March 27, 2024

Match used to be a reputable online dating site. Now it’s filled with gimmicky pay as you go functionality after I already signed up for a premium subscription. The site is filled with fake profiles, bots, and outdated and redundant profiles. Why hasn’t the federal government shut them down yet?

Reviewed March 26, 2024

I have used Match on or not for the last 4 years and they take money in between subscriptions if you see that it's supposed to cancel it doesn't. In my case it says reactivate but then they go ahead and take money out directly out of your account when you didn't reactivate. It's horrible. I have had quite a few times where somebody likes me and they disappear, What's that all about? It's horrible.

Reviewed March 23, 2024

I signed up and paid the subscription. A few weeks after Match informed me I was blocked from the site. I could not get them to state a reason or to refund my money. Match is a scam. Try another service

Reviewed March 1, 2024

They have bots (fake profiles) to get you to pay then like magic they all disappear. It's a scam. Don't waste your money. Match should be removed and fined for bait and switch and false advertisement. Not to mention how expensive it is, so crazy.

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2024

I am suspicious of this site. You can not get a person on the phone. Impossible to cancel and my account is being charged every month. The matches are completely insane-I wouldn't share an elevator with them. It appears they put up fake profiles of highly successful men with all the bells and whistles and if you "like"-it goes nowhere. They send "people who match with you" from all over the country!! One person asked me what I was wearing. Another got mad because I wouldn't give out phone number. I do not believe this is legitimate. DO NOT go on Match. I'm too smart to be scammed, but damn it I have been.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2024

I had a Premium account on Match.com for six months. It was brutal. I exchanged messages with very few people. Within the first 10 people I interacted with, Match sent me two emails saying someone I interacted with had a rip-off account. Numerous people tried to match with me. When I sent them messages they refused to reply. Others I matched with refused to have a video meeting and some only wanted to fight. After four months I stopped making an effort and was counting the days until my subscription expired. I went on one video date. She was stupid and arrogant. I had no in person dates. I sent many “likes” but got few responses. Given the quality of the people I interacted with, I am glad they stayed away. I am thankful not to have been ripped off by someone, though the six months subscription price of $129.99 turned out to be a ripoff. Stay away.

Reviewed Feb. 15, 2024

These people are thieves. Not one person that they tried to match me with was the least bit my type at all, period. They play games and dodge all communication efforts, then make it nearly impossible to unsubscribe. My next email will be to the BBB. These people are crooked and engage in illegal business practices. RUN.

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2024

Match is the most unscrupulous company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. What I went through yesterday was a total nightmare. I had purchased a 3-month subscription and set myself a reminder to cancel a few days before it expired. When I tried to log onto the site, my password did not work so I attempted to change it by entering my email address. I received no email notification to make the change. So instead I called the 800 number for customer support and asked the representative to cancel my account.

He said I had not read “the fine print” and my subscription would renew 4 more times automatically and that he did not have the authority to cancel on my behalf. But in a very smooth and educated voice (which gave me the confidence to trust him), he said there was a work-around. He instructed me to use the App Store to purchase four $100 Apple gift cards from iTunes. Each of these gift cards had long complex codes which I had to read back to him. He assured me they were all “dummy” purchases and my credit card would not be charged. When Apple sent me 4 paid receipts, I was highly suspicious, but I was desperate to resolve the problem so that Match would not go on charging me.

The Match representative then gave me the puzzling news that only 1 of the 4 transactions had worked. He made me go through the same process 2 more times. At this point I had purchased SIX $100 gift cards. The third time it didn’t work and he said we had been locked out. But no problem, he assured me, all I had to do was go to the nearest supermarket to purchase an actual $300 Apple gift card. He said if I did it within the next hour, he would still be on duty and to just call him back with the code. Feeling sick to my stomach, I went to Save-On Foods and asked for advice before buying the card. The Manager told me that under no circumstances should I purchase a gift card for this reason.

Feeling like an idiot, but now determined to take the matter into my own hands, I called the Fraud Department of CIBC Master Card and told them the story. They agreed to stop payment on the 6 transactions. But they said they could not block Match from automatically charging my credit card and the only solution was to cancel my credit card and issue a new one. This is going to involve hours and hours of work trying to figure out who all my creditors are as each one will need to be notified of my new credit card details, but I have no choice. So there you are…. DO NOT sign up with this dreadful company. You have been warned.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

First, Match.com was abusive in their billing/refund practice and does not honor its Term of Use. I started a paid subscription last month and cancelled it within 3 business days. According to Match.com Term of Use, I was entitled for a full refund. Yet when I first contacted Match.com, they refused to issue me the refund. I then filed a complaint on BBB and Match.com issued me the full refund right away. Yet Match terminated my account in retaliation on the same day they issued me the refund!

Second, Match.com keeps many scammers' profiles alive on Match, as long as they keep paying for subscriptions! I have encountered a few scammers during my short subscription on Match. They all used fake photos and refused to video chat! After I said no to one of them, the scammer complained about me to Match.com! And Match.com issued a warning to ME! In the name of 'community experience'!! The greedy and abusive people at Match.com are blind to scammers as long as the scammers pay!

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2024

Paid for a 6-mo pkg (non-refundable); soon figured out you don’t get access as advertised. They keep the best profiles behind an extra paywall & no contact is possible without paying significant extra fees. How much more? = who knows! Depends how many thousands of profiles they’ve got hidden until you cough up more money. Shady & unscrupulous.

Reviewed Jan. 27, 2024

I became a new member of Match.com today because I saw someone I like online and I hope to connect with people I like. I uploaded photos to my profile more than an hour ago and these photos were still pending for approval!! What sluggish customer service!! Sometimes timing is everything. Really hate to pay membership fee and receive lousy customer service....

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2024

Could not contact Match to dispute charge they made in January 2024 for another 6 months subscription. None of the phone numbers on the Match site are answered by a Customer Service Rep. They all go to recordings. I cannot get a refund and have now cancel my subscription to Match. If you're reading this as a potential client, DO NOT waste your time joining Match

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

I've tried other dating sites before COVID, and I was always connected with some low life people also very close to me by location. I never liked the fact that people know how far I am, and also wanted to feel safe. I've read the reviews about Match, as sort of more reliable, and last year, when I couldn't go out because I was working all the time, and I don't see people out of work since the first lock down, so I just wanted to know who is there. I put my best recent photos, and wrote a lot about myself, and what I don't like. Also, I marked in my settings that I want to see who is in a radius of 15 miles.

So, as soon as I posted photos my profile was viewed and liked so much, there was a list of over 100 people daily that liked my profile and maybe 2 people bothered to write any intros, usually what a pretty lady and they want to buy me a dinner.... None of them had anything to do with the things I said in my profile, so there's one thing that people don't want to spend time reading my info, they would get mad and offensive if I didn't respond their messages, and obviously they saw I was logged in couple of times, and not responding them. I had many gross and hateful messages. I felt like people were yelling at me lol, good one, better online than in real life!!!

I kept getting notified that I have one more boost left. BUT I NEVER BOOSTED my profile in the first place!!! At any time, they did it for me!!! Most of the time I was just scrolling, wondering how so many people saw me, and most of them just commented on my looks. Every time I would pause my profile or want to delete it the site would bomb me with more people who like me and so on, I had dozens updates on my gmail... My profile was dragged all over the USA, and I'm not pretentious, but for God's sake, there were many people who needed mental health help. A better diet. And to be less creepy.

I feel violated that literally thousands of people all over the country got to see my profile and I didn't want that. Some of them found me on Facebook and other scary stuff so I just wanted to delete the profile. They wont let you do it so easy!! I thought I deleted it one day, then I was boosted... I had to go back and finish the form again to make sure I deleted my profile. It just felt weird, and I had way too much attention, over 1000 people in the first 4 weeks, and it kept going up, just further of my location, and yet none of the people matched me with the conversation or anything.

If I want to be invited for dinner and a hookup, I would just dress up as a ** and go out to some dive bar. I always had a bad feeling when I would go check on it, my life is so much better once I deleted it for ever!!!! It just doesn't work and it uses our pics to get more attention and keep people paying for the subscription. For me it was that last straw to tell me my life is actually awesome. I may meet someone at the gas station or grocery shopping and I would know if I like that person. All this online matching is a waste of time and money!!!! Also I always hated matchmakers, in the family and elsewhere.

We should all do less screen time and more actual time out to see people in real life!!! AND stop giving our money to someone who will BOOST and prostitute your profile beyond your wishes.

Reviewed Jan. 24, 2024

This is site is a complete scam. It gets you to join to "communicate'. The issue is after you join you can only "like' or "start a conversation-like 1 a day" with who Match says you can. It wants you to Buy likes.... This place is the biggest waste of money you will ever spend, would be better off putting it down a garbage disposal.

Reviewed Jan. 23, 2024

Match.com took $203 out of my account after I cancelled auto renew. When I asked for refund they told me they have a no refund policy. Initially I paid $71 for six month subscription. It was supposed to end July 2023. Yet here in January 2024 they charged me $203 for a six month renewal. I have never received a single date although I have sent hundreds of likes and many messages. They are a scam and should be barred from doing business in the US.

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2024

Purchased a subscription but don't have access to the services provided based on my subscription.. I am unable to reply to members on Match which was part of my subscription and the entire point of the service. There's no way I have found through email, support bot, or phone, to get support from match.com.

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2024

I paid for a month that didn’t reflect on my profile. I wrote customer service and they didn’t respond. So I paid shon with another card. 6 physical responses with me attaching screenshots of both charges and they can’t figure out how to do one of two options: either give me the month I paid for, or refund one of the charges. Now I have no subscription but paid twice and you have no ability to physically speak to someone. It’s absolutely not worth the frustration.

Reviewed Jan. 16, 2024

They tell you they have hundreds of results, but when you look at them you'll see the same person in 3 or 4 accounts, right next to each other! As I'm looking now I see 2 "Mike 66 Spring Valley", 2 "Dan 66 Ramsy, NJ", 3 "Mark 66 Florida, NY"... They don't even bother to change the name, it's the exact same person, so figure about 1/3 of what they tell you are actually distinct results. Then you have to subtract the ones that haven't been active for a year or more, because about another half haven't even logged onto the site lately. Look for a little green circle next to the name. If you don't see it they're not active and you won't get a response if you try to contact them. What's left isn't worth clicking on!

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2024

I signed up and paid for my membership, and 5 days later after Email after Email after Email NO!! Help…just messages stating it takes 24-48 hours to respond?? I was educated that would mean 1-2 days, huh… So I had the payment reversed through my bank, and then Oh Boy did I get a response…(not good)… So I would advise STAY AWAY FROM MATCH.COM.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2023

I attempted to reinstate my account but when asked to verify my previously verified number I was told it could not be verified. "Customer Care" was unable or unwilling to explain why even after providing all requested information.

Reviewed Dec. 25, 2023

I have had a few dates on Match. One lasted probably one month. I am a widower with children at home. I’m a great dad and awesome partner but I have never met Such crazy women. I will never date online again. I was actually frightened for My family.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Dec. 19, 2023

I have used Match on and off since 2006 which led to a few serious relationships and I do appreciate it. However, their prices went up but their practices are shady as of 2023. They keep showing members who are allegedly active (2 hours ago, etc) but after sending around 50 messages to different people, my profile was maybe checked by 10% of them. This doesn't seem right aka fake practices!

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2023

After numerous emails of “match” I purchased a subscription. I am so upset with the account not being able to access, reset password and then the account being terminated because I was not able to get past the screen without putting in my phone number. The error message screen was not avoidable; I reached out to the service center and the 48 hours response time when you are attempting to just login doesn’t make sense? I was informed that I would be refunded not helpful. My time for filling out the questionnaire and working on the profile picture was time consuming and that can’t be refunded. Dating is already difficult and these types of issues and things are just frustrating. Hope I see my refund and find an app that works.

Online & App

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2023

My account was terminated with no explanation right after I signed up. My profile was approved, but I never actually got a chance to use their website or message anyone, nor have I ever used their website before. The next thing I know, they closed my account and said that any new accounts created will be subject to review and will be immediately terminated. Very strange, I have no idea what happened.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2023

I have been unable to get into my fully paid Match.com account for 2 weeks. They keep sending me "matches," generally the same people over and over again, most of whom live too far away to establish a relationship. They do not have a phone number to call for help. I have e-mailed multiple times over the past two weeks to tell them I am locked out and to fix a way for me to verify my account so I can access it. Twice in those dozen or so e-mails someone has responded that they have fixed a technical glitch. Once it worked for a day then my account shut down again. These guys are scammers. No support, no compliance with my requirements for a match. They even send me people who live 2,000 miles away! And now I can't even access those! I have saved all the e-mails to them, and their two responses, if anyone wants to see how really bad they are.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 11, 2023

I’ve been suckered into match several times because every time I pay for a subscription, I get no responses and the profiles that match with me are fake people. When I cancel match sends me messages of people that like me but they end up being fake profiles so they just lure me back in with fake profiles so I’ll pay to join again. Match.com is a scam and they own several other platforms such as OkCupid which is even worse. Thank you for stealing thousands of dollars from me with your marketing scams and fake profiles.

Reviewed Nov. 9, 2023

The majority of profiles that I’m having to sort through are low rate men who aren’t even trying to make an impression with their profiles. I’m cute AF with a great career, happy outlook, active, outgoing and funny as **. I’m a premium member and it pains me to go on here and sort through awful profiles. Worse than Plenty Of Fish!! Don’t waste your money!

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2023

1. The website doesn't function properly.

2. I did not download their app. Thankfully. I don't recommend doing so, based upon what I have read here.

3. When you want to terminate the site tells you to change your auto-renew. But there is no way to change your auto renew. There is no capability to do so on their site. Big red flag right there.

4. Once you cancel, you may NEVER hear from them again. Which they do on purpose, they cut you off, it's strange.

5. When you cancel, their website says you will receive a cancellation confirmation email. Well, that email, that cancellation email never comes.

6. If you write their Contact Us, you may never get a response. Good luck finding their email. Well, the don't offer an email. Only an auto-fill form.

7. Even if you choose deal-breaker in your settings, you will still receive folks not in your criteria. So the deal breaker function in the site doesn't work.

8. Too many people wearing sunglasses. That's weird.

9. Saw one posting where someone posted a lion mounting another lion.

10. The site won't let you delete your photos.

11. The site won't let you delete the comments in your photos.

12. If you fill in the auto-generated form, it says you will get a response in 48 hours. That is untrue, you won't.

13. If you choose the option 'Forgot Password' the site lets you choose that. It asks for you to enter your email and it will send you a password reset link. You will never get the password reset link email.

14. The site states you can log back into your account anytime after cancelling. But no, you can't. The site never lets you back on. No matter how many times you try. If you try it keeps sending a four digit authentication password to your phone. But then you enter that four digit password and their site provides a message of 'your 4 digit password has expired' even though you enter it moments after receiving it.

15. I never paid for the 'boost' option. Didn't trust the site to do so.

16. When you update your summary, you don't see the changes. You may need to update the summary over and over, click save over and over to see the changes.

I can't speak for the profiles. No one ever knows if anyone is real, but that is not a Match.com problem in my opinion. How can they really know themselves who is real or not? As for window shoppers, etc.? Who knows, I don't know about all that, it's the website functionality that I have concerns about. Unacceptable for this website and company to have a website functioning so poorly.

For that reason, the unprofessional website, the deceptive functionality, I give one star. It's 2023 and their is no excuse for this. I mean, for a website to instruct you to cancel your auto-renew prior to having the option to terminate but give no webpage to even find auto-renew is ludicrous. They literally have you looking for a webpage that doesn't even exist. Essentially you cancel it all but are left thinking will it auto-renew? Probably yes, because there is no way to stop it. No webpage on their site that lets you change it. There is one page with a box and a check mark that you think is auto-renew but you can't toggle it to check or uncheck. All these technical issues above are why I am rating it. I can't speak for finding a partner or not. It's the website that is poor functionality. I would have to assume the company knows about all these website glitches. It is 2023, how could they not.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2023

Do not waste your time if you're a man or a woman on this putrid site. Match tries to make you fill out every stupid category they created on your profile even if you don't want to. They make it mandatory that you post more than one photo, and to make matters worse, if you happen to be a STRAIGHT person, like myself, and you put down your preference is a man for example, for extra fun they flip you over to the Lesbian side and hook you up with female matches, isn't that fun? I'm sure it's the same for you guys that are straight. I'm sure a straight guy doesn't enjoy sexy photos from a dude trying to match up with him! Match purposefully switches up the gender preferences. I found this profoundly offensive especially when I put down my religious preferences and everything else. Match.com was created in HELL. Nobody should ever use this site, unless you're Satan himself!

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2023

Be careful with this co. It is interesting one will get few "Likes" or contacts from other members just before your subscription is about to expire. I suspect AI or people who may get a fee from Match.com to show interest just to get you to resubscribe. Many frauds and people misrepresenting themselves. Waste of time and money.

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2023

Joined and paid 285. For membership on Match.com Don't waste your HARD EARNED MONEY, MEN TAKE MY WARNING. VERIFIED PURCHASE. Match, posts, sexy, photos and fake profiles of nonexistant woman, ripoff!

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2023

I want to warn all single women NOT sign up for Match dot com. The volume of fake and scam profiles on that site that target women is astounding. Without exaggeration 2 out of every 3 "men" that express interest in me are fake profiles. They are getting sophisticated and are sometimes difficult to detect. The awkward use of language is often a giveaway (bad translations from whatever language they really speak) and inconsistent information, such as listing their ethnicity as Asian when the photos reveal a caucasian guy. I have complained to Match that they need to do more serious vetting before people are allowed to create profiles because the situation is risky for women, especially older women. I have also filed a complaint with the WA Attorney General. Don't waste your time on this site. Hug your pets instead.

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2023

Match.com is a terrible match dating site in my opinion. They are falsely selling individuals that are no longer active on the site. They filter individuals that you may like and not put that individual in your search results. Then add a separate category to “like“ someone by adding an additional charge. Also they don't provide an active date of the person past 3 days. So the individual you may be trying to reach may be over a year old -or no longer active - or no longer on site. There’s no refund or trial period. It is a farce to make money. It is not a place to date and meet. Straight cash flow for the business. I'm a professional with a BS degree.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2023

I've been divorced for a few years and decided it was time to start having a life again. It was difficult meeting anyone so many people told me about on-line dating. I joined Match.com in May, 2023 and have met many people being fraudulent and trying to scam people. I've sent messages and likes to literally hundreds of men and rarely do any of them got back to me. Apparently unless they pay premium rates they won't see my messages. It's been an exercise in futility.

The men that I have met do not meet my profile requests, either too young, out of state, too short, etc. I'm not sure why so many people who are up to no good are allowed to register on the site as they say their identities have been verified yet I constantly get emails from Match saying so-n-so who attempted to contact me was removed for fraudulent activity. When you go to cancel your membership, they refuse to give you any kind of refund for the time you won't be using. It's been a terrible experience and it is a terrible money-grubbing company.

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2023

Match has been my go to venue for online dating. They’ve changed their memberships and raised their rates. Their middle tier membership is so restrictive that it’s a complete waste of money. Just terrible! Don’t go with Match!

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2023

I tried Match.com for 90 days. I had to contact Customer Service three times in 60 days. Then I cancelled membership. This company misrepresents the service they provide, the support for customers and response time when there are issues. I suggest never using this service. I believe it is a fraudulent business.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2023

After being on Match a few months, I noticed that my at least 75 percent of my recommended matches were repeats. Some of them were profiles where the member had updated the profile saying they were no longer paying for a subscription, so don’t bother clicking. Match does not clear out old profiles when you quit the site. They use old profiles to pad out the searches.

I encountered at least one clearly fake profile — a guy claimed to be a high-level professional, yet he did not know how to spell, in his texts — and a guy who had two profiles posing as different people. Two men were adamant about meeting in person without doing a video call first, even though I said blind dates made me uncomfortable. One man asked me increasingly prying questions about where I live. I reported him.

Men list themselves as years younger than they are, and then claim inside the profile that Match won’t allow them to change their listed age, and they are really five or even ten years older than listed. They do that to be included in the searches by younger women. Match is constantly trying to upsell on services. They flashed a profile for a “unicorn” man who was too perfect…and the only option for clicking on him was buying “superlikes.” I’m sure he does not exist.

There are bad men on dating sites. There are fake profiles. There are needy and strange men. And there are…here and there… good men. But I don’t think this is the place to find those good men. I think Match is a scam. I think it’s even dangerous, at times.

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2023

When a company wants to "take" my credit card info, in order to be randomly billed whenever company wants to....that's a deal breaker. Not even a free "trial". Unbelievably Poor Value, and I didn't even get to see my matches. BAD BUSINESS=KIDNAPPING YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO.

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2023

I only rated this a 1 because 0 was not available! I am an actor for TV - film. So I thought I go into Match.com website and see what kind of response I get. I signed up for match without mentioning any of that. I have sent out at least 30 messages to people on that site . . . . and I have had ZERO (0) response. I even sent a message to match.com help desk and asked them what's going on. (?) NO RESPONSE FROM MATCH.COM. When this happens you know you have found someone who's lying. MATCH HAS TOO MANY FAKE PROFILES TO EVEN USE. I HAVE WASTED MY MONEY. I suggest to anyone to go to a legitimate site instead of this dishonest site..

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2023

I registered with Match in January of 2023. I have had 4 dates. All men with no money, ugly, no ambition and scammers. Apparently in my area the men are all beat up broken tired and ran down looking. I make high six figures and men I matched with were making 50 to 70k before tax. Successful highly motivated ladies don't waste your money. Try single cruises instead. You're bound to meet high value partner there.

Reviewed Sept. 5, 2023

I find it offensive that I have a subscription with Match.com, yet Match requires me to pay again if I am interested in their "Daily Highlights" that are "hand-picked" members for me. Isn't this why I am paying in the first place? To be matched with compatible matches? Why bombard me with matches while putting more compatible matches as "Daily Highlights" and then expect me to pay in addition to my subscription? Double-dipping and a money grab on Match's part if you ask me.

Reviewed Sept. 5, 2023

I tried repeatedly to cancel my membership and the site would not allow me to progress through the security measures (i.e., “I am not a robot”) as I continually returned to the login page. I removed my payment option as I no longer wanted a subscription. In addition, Match no longer showed up in any of my subscriptions on my phone. SOMEHOW, I was charged $113 for an ADDITIONAL 90 days I did not want, as they went through Apple Pay. I have emailed them regarding this l and only received information regarding how to cancel my membership. In my opinion, they stole this last 100 dollars from me and will never get another penny from me.

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

I dated someone, and after I decided not to date him anymore. He told me "I'll show you, you won't be able to date online anymore". I am not willing to trash his behavior online. I can tell you that he reports something on me that caused Match to cancel me for life. I tried for over 6 months to be reinstated and tell them the circumstance. Seems they believe whoever spoke first they believe whatever he said. It was extremely unfair, they were not even willing to speak to me. Poor business practice!!

Reviewed Aug. 29, 2023

Signed up for Match and paid $47.50 for a month access. Got a suspicious access code request to log on that I had never requested, so I sent in and changed my password and as the email from them with the code instructed me to contact them if the access code was not requested by me, I did. A day later I am locked out of the account, if you try reporting ‘forgot password’ it only sends back a notice saying something is wrong with the account and to contact them vis resolutions@support.match.com. I did so and remain locked out, and there no other way to contact them and now I’m on day two with no access and wanting a refund asap. I am way too frustrated to want to continue using them. Had no idea how fly-by-night their customer support was. Thank you.

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2023

Here is my story with Match.com. About three years ago I registered with them and was on that site for just a few days when I started talking with one of their members. He and I have decided that we probably were not a match, after what he started to insult me verbally calling me names and stating my insignificance as a woman and human being. Next day after that my match account was blocked. Customer service didn't give any explanation for that. Fast forward present day I have tried to register again, but my account was blocked again, with no explanation given.

Match.com showed absolute indifference for what I have to say and completely disregarded my feedback on the services they provide. As God is my witness I have never asked for any money from any member, never posted any nude or inappropriate pictures or have been rude to anyone, or asked for any favors. Not only I got verbally assaulted but I was also blocked for life. So just beware: members can be abusive, you can get blocked for no reason, (or reason known to you), and your contacts and correspondence can be lost with no warning given. And Match.com won't even ask any feedback from you or tell you what you did wrong...

Reviewed Aug. 22, 2023

Ladies, you would be better off spending the money on dinner out by yourself. I joined Match in hopes that I would find someone compatible. It turns out there’s absolutely no one out of hundreds of men that would match with me. It is a complete waste of your money. Please do not spend $50 to join. Unfortunately, they just don’t have it right. Not to mention if you’re educated and actually have some money, it’s a danger zone! Get yourself out there and find the right person. They are not sitting on Match. Trust me.

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2023

It is very difficult to cancel the subscription and they keep charging my card despite cancelling online. Sent and email and they said they would have an answer in 24-48 hrs. and I never heard back from them.

Reviewed Aug. 12, 2023

Match.com only has one way of communicating with them which is via email. You cannot call them which makes it difficult to resolve any account/billing issues. You email them and who knows when you will be answered and within each response there are more questions so when you email back an answer it takes even longer to get a response or resolution. I got a month subscription and paid for a month but only got about 1 week use out of the site because I had account issues and couldnt use it until customer service resolved it. But it took up to 3 weeks to communicate with them because you can only email them and it is up to 2 to 5 days in-between emails. Also, they do not work on the weekends so it takes even longer if you email them back on a Friday. Waste of money due to poor customer services and restriction on trying to communicate with them.

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2023

I joined this site because I saw many women from my area. When I did join most went away never to be seen again. I sent out over 20 likes with only 1 match, which did not match anything I was looking for. When you cancel you get thrown off site no refund. That they do well. Also I think many of their bios are old. Stay away.

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2023

When you go into Match.com and create a profile and make it look like hundreds of people have liked your profile which encourages you to sign up because you're like well why not. Then all of a sudden once you sign up you can't find any of those and there might be one like a day and I'm not an ugly person so if that tells you anything about how they're scamming people.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2023

This site is a joke. So many fake profiles. They auto renewed, I attempted to get a refund and deactivate the account. First, you can only manage the account online. No customer service at all by phone. Service is expensive and charged my account, I attempted to cancel the account and get a refund. It the site's policy to not offer refunds. What do you mean Match.com. You are a service, I canceled the service and will not use, I'd like a refund. No path or avenue to get a refund. WARNING, DON'T USE THIS SITE.

Reviewed July 24, 2023

A bunch of snooty women. Unless you're the perfect snooty guy you'll never meet anyone here. And the matching sucks. I'm 420 friendly but matched to women that are not. In fact the matching is like just drawing names from a hat.