Find an Online Dating Sites partner

Help me decide

3.0/5 (281 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Match.com

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: June 15, 2021

This site requires more money for additional features. I don't think I should have to pay that much for additional features. It's difficult to maneuver the website and there's one feature that is not helpful. If I don't choose a match, I have to keep moving, it's not a maybe and that should be changed.

Original review: June 14, 2021

It's no different than the free dating apps. Very expensive to have membership yet the quality of members is average. I have used this app on several different occasions and would never recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Sign in test is not one click to verify that I am not a robot for reCaptcha. So to sign in, when trying to update account, there is a verify with a puzzle. The puzzle has many vague images of dice, hard to define what's there, and asks to verify which dice combination adds to 14. So it goes around with hard to see images, some that do not add to 14, and shuffles them as if in a card game with a card shark. It's outrageous because the dice are hard to see. Imagine yourself, looking at 6 thumbnail images, hard to see because dice are on their sides, and then you have to go from one image to another to add 14. I have seen other websites use select the category that fits, boats, cars, traffic lights, etc. But only fools ask you to add while viewing vague images and then the system shuts off because you took too long but they never showed the right combination. Is it a dating service or a security incompetence of disservice?

Original review: June 13, 2021

I had almost no interactions on this site and I'm beginning to wonder if it's a scam. Or they perhaps have like a million non-existent profiles. I've heard people met someone on Match, but based on my experience that sounds like a miracle. I'm canceling my subscription and I hope they don't show my profile when I do. The premise of online dating has become highly corruptible and this company isn't one of the best. It might have been in the past but it's now highly suspect.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Following my divorce after 17 years of marriage, I was hesitant to try any type of site for dating, particularly worried for my privacy and safety. But utilizing Match.com I've been able to meet quality people, despite not yet meeting my long-term partner yet. The dating site is simple and easy to navigate, giving me the ample amount of information and insight to the persons I'm interested in meeting or speaking to. It gives me a few way to send flirts and list secret crushes, which is somewhat fun! :)

Original review: June 12, 2021

I really enjoyed being on this app. I did not find my current partner on this site but I met a few interesting people who I am still friends with to this day. I would definitely recommend this app to anyone looking to find a partner or even a friend.

Original review: June 11, 2021

The app is ok. The company is difficult to work with. I have canceled my membership and opted out of all correspondence and I still get email. They are ruthless and don't even take down your profile when you ask to be removed.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Match.com is the most untrusted company that you can give not just ALL your personal data to, but your information about your in depth self and pictures too. And guess who you are giving all that data to? Yes, OUTSOURCED companies that don’t even speak English. Most identity fraud, scams, and data selling come from these outsourced companies that do not have any repercussions for hurting Americans. I set up an account just to be locked out after they received all my personal data. Here is what I experienced afterwards.

First outsourced “customer service” rep was a male that had complete access to my account and made my account invisible to other users after my complaint of being kicked out. He was very inappropriate and told me that I wouldn’t have any trouble finding men after looking through my pictures!!!! He then started asking me personal questions about my pictures like asking me what “those things were called” that I was on, and if I enjoyed them.... He was completely invasive and inappropriately creepy. I was so uncomfortable that this person had all my personal information and could TOTALLY HIJACK MY ACCOUNT with my name and pictures and I wouldn’t have access to get back on to delete. When he gave me access to get back on, I was once again kicked back off!

Second OUTSOURCED “customer service rep” answered the phone in a foreign accent, I then asked for their US-American customer service line and she would not give me one. I then asked to speak to a supervisor and she PRETENDED TO TRANSFER ME and then changed her name pretending to be someone else, it was so obvious! Then I asked her if there was a higher manager I could talk to and with a prideful attitude said “”NOPE.. I am the highest here and you have no one else you can talk to." She said I would be receiving an email about my account and that was the only way to communicate was through email.

The email came and said this. “Your Match account has been terminated. Due to our privacy practices, we cannot disclose specifics about any Match account, including your own.” WOW! Basically you have given all your personal data, even pictures and now they can hijack your account and do whatever with it because you can’t even delete you pictures etc. - Oh and not even you can get information on your own account. You need to know that this isn’t even truly a dating site, it’s a cover for data collection and all your personal information that they sell. You can not trust any OUTSOURCED companies that do not have the American people’s interest at heart.

Original review: June 1, 2021

I signed up for the 1 month membership ($45) because during my trial I was constantly getting "messages" and "likes" so I thought wow...cool...I'll sign up and maybe this will actually be the site where I'll meet someone. Well as soon as I paid the $45...all messages stopped and the same with the "likes"... It was very obvious that this site is a scam. They have automated messages and likes that go out to non-members. I also learned that the people who are actually on there are scammer. Lots of folks from out of the country pretending to be in state. Lots of the time the accounts will state they are in one place and when you chat they soon share they are overseas. I did make it a point to report these accounts, just for the heck of it and of course, they were never removed.

All these fake accounts are still there. Many with multiple accounts, same pictures just different names and locations. It's a shame. This site is a scam, both directly from Match.com itself and from overseas scammers that manage to create accounts. I requested a refund but of course the request wasn't acknowledged. Stay away from this site as well as most of the other ones! You're better off staying single and someday just meeting someone out in the real world.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Well where do I start? This is one expensive dating site. 50 bucks to join. That’s not a problem, and that’s just basic services. 50 bucks to buy what they call boost, 5 bucks for to know when your messages are read, then 5 bucks for you to call and have your number blocked, then they promise you love, so after over 200 likes and messages sent, talking to a dating expert that just reads from a booklet with her children screaming in the background and that’s free your first time. After that you pay 50 bucks just to talk to a dating expert. So following all suggestions I had only one reply and she dropped me for more money. The women on this site are gold diggers. I can offer love, show love and yes I make great money but when someone comes along with more money the gold diggers on this site and Match.com could care less. All they want is your money. Please, please don’t waste your hard earned money on gold diggers. For your own sanity.

Original review: May 14, 2021

Match Group's customer service is not very friendly. They hide behind an overseas call center to not deal with upset customers. I had a con artist try to take over my home and tried to steal from me. That person then reported me to Match.com and instead of them working with me on it, they turned around and said that I violated their terms. They said they investigated it using local law enforcement. According to my local police they never contacted them. Instead of talking to me and hearing my story they just said they couldn't for "Privacy Reasons." Their customer service is useless and because they own most of the market they proceeded to ban me from all of their platforms and just hid behind this wall. It even says in their "Community Guidelines" that defaming someone goes against them which is what they did. Beware of all Match Group sites. Look them up and see who they own.

Original review: May 13, 2021

I paid for a month's subscription ($34) and as soon as they got the money they started sending me creeps as potential partners. I couldn't see likes (I paid for it) and everything I was supposed to get as an upgraded dater was not given. They lied. Also there is absolutely no way to get in touch with them (even though they have contact us on their page) to complain about anything. My advice to anyone who is contemplating paying money... don't waste it!!! It's not worth it.

Original review: May 2, 2021

The features Match.com describes in their online documentation are completely absent from both the app and the browser version. I have communicated numerous times with Tech Support and they just blithely state that the terminology used in their documentation is "different" than how the app looks. So be prepared to never find anything you are looking for, either by poking around or looking through the online Help. If you do ask questions the first thing you get is an automated reply that never has anything even remotely to do with what you asked. You then have to Reply to get a human response. None of them are any better than the bot. You will never get an answer to any question, no matter how simple.

I upgraded to the Premium service at purchase. That supposedly gives you access to several upgrade features. Guess what? Most of them don't even exist. They just use misleading names to suggest this feature and that. But in reality they don't even exist. I live close to the Canadian border. I was told (by Match.com) that my subscription includes Searching in Canada. But guess what? There is no way to perform a Search for Canada. In any way, shape, or form. If you attempt to provide location info for Canada you get an error that the place you are Searching is not legitimate.

I am a professional and posted a handful of OK photos. I wrote a profile that was reviewed and updated by a plethora of female friends. I have sent a Message to over 150 profiles (because you never know if a Profile is actually a real person). Over 18 months I have received ZERO responses. It is possible I am that bad. But one would think at least somebody would say Hello. I have asked Tech Support whether there is something wrong with my account - for example, you can't Message if you create a Free account. They don't answer the question and just tell me to "keep trying". I even paid the extra to enable Free users to message back to me. Still nothing.

You will be less frustrated and have more luck stepping out your front door and screaming at the sky - or the neighbor's dog. I recommend you DO NOT spend a cent on Match. I have talked to dozens of people who have had similar experiences on Match. Yes, there may be some success stories. They are by far the exception.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I had issues with males soliciting for sex and Match did not even respond. The people I were matched to were NOTHING like my preferences. Match is no different than guys hiding behind profiles in order to lure you to their place to have sex, once! Then ignore you and tell the women after you that you are a stalker, as they will be labeled when their one night of sex is over. Don’t pay to be on this site, ever.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I've been a paid member of Match on and off for the better part of 6 years. All has been good until recently, the past year or so. I am a gay woman that obviously seeks gay women and this is listed in the preferences on my profile. For the past year, and only in the past year, I have been receiving daily messages from men. Every single day. Every single week. For the past year. This is far beyond the occasional "guy who pretends to be a woman seeking women" profile - with the amount of men that I've received messages from despite my profile falling under the 'women seeking women' category tells me that Match.com is now displaying my profile in the "Top Picks" for men, despite the fact that my profile is not supposed to be shown to men. In other words - Match.com is now drawing from gay women's profiles just to keep their (paying) men customers.

As someone who is being charged ~$50/month, this is completely unacceptable. There is no way these men would even have a chance to view my profile if it were not for Match shoving my profile in their faces. No doubt they're doing this to other gay women as well. Cancelling my membership and Match has forever lost a customer.

Original review: April 21, 2021

If you don't need to interact with anyone at Match, you probably won't have any problem. But if something goes wrong, their customer service staff appear to have been trained to keep promising they will fix things, but never do. In my case, my email changed and they make it IMPOSSIBLE for you to change it and refuse to do it themselves. After 6 phone calls to them over three weeks, they apparently have now disabled incoming phone calls from my number. It is pretty incredible!

Original review: April 7, 2021

I signed up for a 3 month premium subscription then add stipulated unlimited msgs /who received and read your msgs/ unlimited likes etc etc.. Within minutes the site started sending me notices about limits and how I could pay for them. Keep in mind I'm already a premium user in one instance. I sent a msg to a lady and the Match.com send me a notice saying that if I wanted to get a reply from this lady I could pay for it myself. In other words my limitless msgs did not include other members to be allowed to reply to your msgs unless I believe they're members themselves.. Within hours of being on the site I realized that it was robbery with so many hidden costs.. I immediately cancel my subscription only to later noticed that match.com had charged me for the 3 whole months regardless if I only used it for a few hours..

I called match.com to see about getting a refund and they basically kept trying to convince me to stay on the site. Ii declined but they still charged me full price for 1 month.. I thought it was gonna be great since they were charging a good amount of money but I was wrong.. Save your money go to a free date site instead.. At least there won't be any hidden costs.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Match makes it impossible to delete the account. I asked them to delete it and then 6 months later, they started sending me Match collections of potential women suitors all over again. This is highly irksome.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Made the mistake of trying Match.com again after a couple years away. I left because of deceptive billing practices and false matching and likes they create in an attempt to keep users engaged. Like before, as I neared the end of my term, I could no longer access my account settings or change my password. I received an error message multiple times and was directed to email customer support. I attempted this process multiple times over a few weeks with no luck. Of course during this process they withdrew double the membership fee I originally signed up for and they still have not resolved access to my account.

I can navigate all areas of my account except for my membership section. Very dishonest business approach and shocked I was dumb enough to use match.com again. Biggest crooks in the online dating world. Won't make the same mistake again. Users beware....this dating services is worse than a third rate gym membership when attempting to cancel. Steer clear!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Match blocked me without cause twice in a row, wouldn't explain why and disappeared a month before even issuing a refund! I couldn't read nor respond to messages, making me look fake and sabotaging my love life- on the weekend too!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Match.com uses fake messages and hits to draw you in and once you join. The members that contact you are not paid subscriptions so you can never talk to them. Then once upon cancelling they do not refund your money even though you cancelled with in the prescribed time frame. Do not join. They trick you. They do not have good paying members. All just free memberships and they cannot contact you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I got on Match about a year ago and hardly ever went back to the site unless I got an email. So this past Tuesday night 1/26/21 I decided to pay for a membership because I had 26 likes a 15 messages and without a membership you can't view that info. It was $28 for 1 month and said they don't bill until the end of the month. After I got in to view half of my likes were not even close to my location and they said it would be 9.99 for a month for someone to message back and not cost them. Being a gentleman I agreed. It again read will be billed at the end of month.

I got up Wed. morning to see if the 1 person I messaged replied. It would not let me sign in. Problem with account. So I looked and money had been taken out. They will not respond to emails. I ask for refund. No reply and still can't sign in. I found out if this is correct they also have pos....sorry I mean POF dating site. No wonder if I would have known that I would still have $30 in my pocket. Because POF is a slaughterhouse.. I would rate Pof a 1 and match a -1!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Signed up and paid for a one month subscription. Within 24 hours, my account was locked out. I called and was told I would receive an email from their technical department within 24-48 hours. Never happened. Called again and promised again. Nothing happened. Several more calls and told by each rep they couldn't see the issue with my account and I had to wait for an email. At the second week, I called and was told the problem would be rectified by the end of the day. Not trusting that answer, I waited until 90 minutes before they closed for the weekend to call again.

This time, the rep said she could clearly see that they assigned my credit card and account to an old email address I had years prior. Yet, after an hour she still couldn't get the issue fixed and told me I'd have to wait for their tech department to fix it. OR, I could create a new email address somewhere and then open a new account with them. Neither was a solution, so I asked her to cancel my account and issue a refund. After waiting again for her to speak to her supervisor, she came back and told me that a refund could not be issued because the request wasn't submitted within 24-48 hours of opening the account. Blew me away.

Within 24-48 hours, I had been blocked from the account and told to wait for the tech department to fix it. She said there wasn't anything she could do about it. I told her I'd submit a complaint to my credit card company, and lo and behold, she issued a credit. The caveat? She sent me a survey about how Match and her service were. Never again Match. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I joined Match back on the 1st of Jan, 2021. I thought I made a very nice profile, took my time writing it, putting out good information on myself. I got a pretty good deal for 4.99 for a one month trial. Well here we are almost 3 weeks in, and zero matches, I have sent probably over a hundred messages, my pictures are good, I like to think I'm a fairly nice looking guy, I put up good pictures, no filters, dressed nicely, no posing pics, just decent photos...And nothing...I would say, absolutely do not spend anything on this site.

The pickings are slim to begin with, and I think the few conversations I have encountered were stale at best. A lot of old profiles, and if they are not active subscribers, they cannot respond, unless you pay extra for them to do so. I've had a lot of success off Bumble, and even Tinder at times isn't so bad. I am 49, but in super great shape, nice teeth and all my hair..lol... I've read a lot of reviews on this site, and don't spend a dime on here...Definitely a total waste of time, at least on Bumble, the girl makes the 1st move, and I like that as well.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Although, I've heard mixed reviews for Match.com, sadly, this particular site is terrible. They quickly take your money and, if you seek a refund within the same month (I signed up the beginning of January, 2021) --- they indicate it should have asked "within the first 3 days"! The majority, if not all, the profiles are not real. I would like a complete refund for the 6-month subscription so I'm not forced to report fraud.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Literally the worst customer Service ever! I have sent over a dozen requests stating I am having issues getting in to view my account, with no response back. They say to wait 24-48 hours. This has been going on for weeks. They had no problem taking my money, though. I recommend using a site that has a responsive customer service department.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

As my family and I were watching Hulu, the most disgusting commercial came on from Match and completely terrified my 5 and 6 year old children! I am extremely disappointed in match for even advertising something so horrific! Really satan with a match?! I have recommended match time after time...NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Match terminated my account for NO VALID REASON. They refuse to refund me the $129.99 I paid for 6 months and only used it for 3 months because they sent me an email saying they decided to terminate my account as if I'm some kind of Nigerian scam or prostitute. Buyer beware. The WORST dating website.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Today, I saw a commercial on national television representing Match.com - I was so disgusted. Depicting Satan as a date of a young women and looking at a lake of fire and brimstone, as if it was a romantic scene…was sickening. How dare you!! Why would you have such symbolism when there are so many families suffering from COVID, death, financial hardships, and possibly a bleak future? Why would you choose Satan (WHICH GIVES NO HOPE) as the future and ruler of 2021? What kind of company does that? I am rebuking any evil or revenue that comes from this advertising for it is pure evil. TAKE IT DOWN! I believe I have my own answer; it reflects the sadistic hearts of all the people evolved in the production of this evil illustration of match.com.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Match.com is part of Scout24 Germany which uses numerous fake women profiles to attract fools, in fact they use Scout24 fake profiles into Match.com -Those who chose to register Match.Com after being deceived with many "likes " before premium membership will be blocked by those profiles once you chose to respond their messages. The whole is a scam empire led by an elderly German man and French woman located in Munich. I caught them early enough, fearing legal action they refunded me the membership fees.

Match.com Company Information