Find an Online Dating Sites partner

Help me decide

3.7/5 (1295 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Match.com

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Hands down, and with the exception of the scam-riddled Elite Singles, this is the worst dating site I've encountered. Match.com is ineptly designed, clunky to use and often maddening just to access. The vaunted algorithm they employ to find you a supposedly perfect Match is in fact so lacking in nuance and discernment that it would consistently fail to pair Romeo with Juliet, or Cleopatra with Mark Antony.

It's bad enough that most of the clients lie about their age - that goes on at all dating sites. But Match made this worse by consistently sending me prospects who were 5-7 years older than the range I'd specified. And to create the impression that their dating pool is much larger than it actually is, they continued to send me "new" lists of women I'd looked at and rejected (or at least not selected) over and over again. Match.com does not let you keep track of women you've sent messages to unless they respond -- a functional limitation that can cause you embarrassment if you've forgotten you reached out earlier to certain women. Match.com sends out a daily email with all of your "new” choices, but often when you click on a picture, the display pops up another woman.

To make things worse, although you can reach a human support person on the phone, he or she is unable to deal with many recurring problems -- site access, for one. Match.com's log-in verification process is so time-consuming that it would not exaggerate to characterize it as abusive. Oh yes! Consider this: A verification process they have been using for at least six months shows eight panels with five or six dice in each; you have to pick the panel in which all the dice add up to 14. In many case the numbers/spots on some of the cubes are very difficult to read. But here's the thing: You must get TEN of these tests correct in order to move onto the next step: a two-step phone-text verification. Still worse is that if you have not gotten, say, test #4 or #7 correct, they do not flag this until you've completed all ten panels (in perhaps 3-4 minutes if your eyes and your arithmetic are pretty good).

At that point, if you've missed on any of the tests, you get the cute message "That's not quite correct!" and you have to start all over again. I complained about this, and the support person conceded it was an extremely annoying feature. He said he would report it to his superiors, but that was two months ago and nothing has changed.

Let's talk about those 'superiors' for a moment. If you have a real gripe with Match.com, there is NO way the company will allow you to communicate with anyone other than their feeble front-line phone support. They offer a 'Contact Us' email link, but don't waste your time with this, because it is fake. Click on ‘Contact us” and it brings up an error message that says you need to fix your Safari browser to communicate by email. Great, except that I was using a Firefox browser. I reported this problem when I first subscribed, but six months later the same error message was still popping up. Call support and they pretend you are the first problem to have reported this problem.

Like I said, they will not communicate with any client/customer/dupe via email. The best they will do is send a canned message, in my case with the name of one “Raul H” at bottom. Raul, if he exists, is apparently out to lunch, since his canned responses will ignore whatever you've written in your email. Tell them you caught a computer virus clicking on a spoofed Match.com promotion, and "Raul" will return a 6000-word explanation of their privacy and vaccine policies.

Some of Match.com’s practices verge on fraud. For instance, visibility "Boosts" for your profile are an upgrade you pay for. But unless you are very careful, you will accidentally trigger, and inadvertently use up, your boosts with errant key strokes. Also, they send out a special half-price extension offer when your subscription is nearing renewal. Click on it to see the details of the offer and, lo, you will discover that you've just approved -- and paid for – the renewal. This is very misleading -- but again, don't expect to get past phone support if you want to complain about it. Support may offer a refund, but the company apparently will do nothing to correct its shoddy ways.

Match claims to be the biggest dating service, but it's hard to believe that with so many customers, they would continue such practices and offer a web interface that behaves like it was coded by a seventh grader. They are awful in oh-so-many ways, and you would do well to avoid them. Read some of the other negative reviews posted here for a more complete catalogue of Match's many negatives, including holding onto your credit card information so that they can 're-enroll' and charge you months after you've left the service. Bottom line: a big thumbs down for Match.com.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

I pay a lot of money for this app, and several times a day, I can't get into the mobile app, even with the correct password. When I write to the support service, I always get the same answer to reset my password. I must have done this ten times now. For all the money, an inferior app.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

This pos company matches me with my dream woman, So I close my account, REPEATEDLY! Still keeps popping open. Get a call from my dream girl who tells me I'm a liar and cheater and I'm still on Match. They are so sued!!! They ruined my life and took everything from me. So think of that before you use this pos company.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Didn't follow my preferences. Lost info on men I was interested in. 90% of the time they showed me derelicts. Three profiles I communicated with were removed. Such a waste of time and money. My advice, it's better and safer to be alone.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

No issues at all about using Match. Was here 2 years. Pleasant experience. I was done. Moving to try another site. I called and had auto renewal turned off. Let my account expire in July. Left a profile on as a free member. Beware of companies holding your credit card #. In September I found my account activated again and a charge on my credit card for 155.00. Do you ever really end a subscription? Business can just ring it through again without my authorization. No email saying "hello welcome back" just an unauthorized credit card charge. Yes I have contacted them for a refund. Why should they? Yes I will put a stop payment on any future charges from Match.com, but "come-on", really, should I have to do that?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

They use other more attractive people and scam people by catfishing. Dishonesty and liars are making this the worst for sure for fraud. Don't have a thing to do with them. They are greedy and have no customer service to speak of. Pathetic!!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I had my profile set to hidden and hadn't filled out much along with uploading one photo. All of a sudden I get bombarded with sleezy messages. I was really put off by it and contacted customer service for a refund and to de-activate my account. No response of course. I'll stick with eharmony, they have a better reputation and only matches can contact you along with having settings that work correctly.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Match uses an app and a program that is clunky and needs updating for well paying customers. Match reports false information when trying to re-sell subscription their expensive subscriptions: sends emails to prospective clients that other subscribers are liking your profile so you will be enticed to purchase another subscription.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Match.com falsely advertises. They give the impression that for $143 for 6 months (which is what I paid them), you get full access to everything. But then AFTER you sign up they buttonhole you for MORE money. They wanted me to pay another $29 a month so free members could contact me. They didn't say that before I paid them! It's a rip off!

And then match.com refuses to allow me to search for younger women. I am 54 years old. So far after 2 weeks of being a paid subscriber they haven't sent me even one match. NOT ONE! The women that they allow me to search are 95% my age. They didn't tell me before I paid them that I wouldn't be allowed to search for women aged 18 to 39. All I'm getting is hundreds of divorced women who are age 50 to 60! That's not what I want. I want a younger woman to marry, as do many men. Match.com WON'T allow you to do that. They won't give me access to the profiles of younger women.

I regret signing up and don't recommend them to anybody. If you are 50 years old and want a bunch of divorced 50 years olds with children living at home, then you might like Match.com. That's not what I'm looking for. What a waste of money. Match.com misrepresents their product. They will hound you after you sign up for more money! Save your money friend. You might as well sign up for Plenty-Of-Fish for free, because Match.com is the same thing! Match.com is a big disappointment for me.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I have used several dating sites over the years and met several wonderful people. This one is the most expensive I have ever used. I have had no matches worth mentioning despite trying to meet many women by sending many likes and messages. I must not be too hard to meet due to my previous experiences with other sites.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

It's very simple: I paid (in advance, as all must do) and met and for a short while, dated a woman. It turns out she was more than a little crazy, was a sycophant, OH, and a liar!! The sixth week she goes, "I should have mentioned that I'm married." I broke it off, she cyber-stalked me, and filed some complaint to Match and they promptly terminated my account without due process or a refund. So basically they are an uncaring, nameless, voiceless, greed machine that ALSO OWNS OkCupid and Hinge, from which I've also been terminated without a refund. Isn't this unAmerican? The psychos and truth deniers are influencing Match so if you value your money, don't use Match, OkCupid, or Hinge.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

This site requires more money for additional features. I don't think I should have to pay that much for additional features. I paid for a 3 month subscription, created my profile added pics, and sent many messages. Roughly 20 messages. After 7 -10 days I notice there is no option to receive return messages. No way for men to reply back to me so I reached out to customer service and was notified them and asked for a refund because I wasn't going to pay additional monies. They advised that I could not get a refund. At the very least they could subtract the 7-10 days and give me a prorate. Some funds were due to me and they refused'' RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

This is absolutely the worst dating site of them all. You Lose half of the answers Because Match cannot keep up. It's pretty hard to have a dialogue. Then it's 2 or 3 times more expensive than other dating sites. And at least 50% of the profiles are fake.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I cancelled after 24 hrs. They refuse to give a refund! The customer support fails to communicate effectively, and they will not explain anything. I notified them in writing via text box, and made copies. I finally had to call my 'bank' which contacted Match. That finally got their attention! They got hit with a charge back, very quickly. Don't listen to their intimidation tactics of no refund, call your bank and tell your bank what they're doing.

It's all a scam. Pay close attention what they're doing. The matches are based on an algorithm, which does not work; but actually is designed not to respond to your selections, but to "feed the system." You'll notice that the age ranges of the women and men are capped, and staggered accordingly. Also, when you check the boxes on your deal breakers, it doesn't work. If constricted, it's by design. They're basing it on their model of keeping the site operating $. Not on finding you a suitable match that you're looking for, or giving you a chance to finding a way off the site! IF the did, you would leave! They can't have that! They have to keep you on the site. But, they have that calculated, mathematically. And, IF you leave, they are hoping to keep your 60-90 bucks $ or whatever as a payment, thinking you can't get your money back. It's a scam.

Someone is getting rich off of this. They're only making happy the upper 22% or so, of the upper female, or male members on this site with plenty of dates. Some of the profiles are even gone! They are honest enough to tell you in the text IF you read closely enough! Ex: "I am no longer here, because of Covid-19, or I am leaving in case they don't remove this profile. And, they are not removing some profiles, when you do leave! Stay away from this place. Especially, if you're a guy. We all need some federal legislation to come down to help clean this industry up!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

After paying for a 3 months subscription, it feels like I was "Scammed"! Other than emailing me endless pick, and many times after reaching out to the ones I thought would be compatible I would never receive a response. It made me think maybe these profiles were fake. Stay away from this site, it's expensive and at best, Match.com taking your money and giving you nothing in return.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Match is a complete scam. I was on there for 24 hours and they sent me an email saying my account was terminated and due to privacy policies they couldn't tell me why. The only comment that decision could have been based on was one I made that it may have been a bad decision to use Match. Well, turns out I was right. They have all my information including photos, driver's license, to verify my account, address, phone number and payment information. Any identity issues after this...I'm pointing right at them.

Getting ahold of customer service is a joke because it is overseas. THAT information wasn't disclosed. I would have run had I known. As far as matches, the site was saying I liked a slew of nasties I never liked. When I would delete someone, they would keep coming back. The lady whose review mentioned the foot licker...yeah he's still there. Why isn't he kicked off? Regulatory commissions need to jump on these companies for keeping profiles. Actually, would it help? RUN RUN RUN!

Original review: July 8, 2021

1) Their algorithm does not work. I put very specific settings, even set them as “dealbreakers” and would still get likes and messages from 100+ people a day who didn’t match my settings, it was exhausting. Not only that but I’d say 20% of the messages I received from these men were inappropriate and made me feel objectified. Ex: One guy told me he wanted to tickle my feet so I responded saying how inappropriate it was and then he said he wanted to lick my toes. Another guy was offended that I never responded to him, after I responded letting him know my dog had passed and wasn’t checking Match, he told me to “** you and your dead dog”. Yes, I blocked both of them.

2) After this horrible 48 hour experience on Match, I tried to cancel. I had purchased a 6 month installment plan ($27 a month). I called Match and told them about my experience and that I no longer wanted to use their site, that I cancelled my subscription after 2 days and they refused a refund. I waited on hold for 45 minutes to speak with a manager. Horrible customer service. 10/10 would NOT RECOMMEND MATCH.

Original review: June 30, 2021

The latest round of marketing, to include their new commercial (June 2021) is beyond repelling and off putting. So much so that I am disgusted enough to write this review. I will personally never use your website now and several account holders I know have cancelled their accounts because of their new marketing tactics. No one I know will personally continue to use or support your company.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I joined Match.com and had a great experience. I met decent guys who were not crazy stalker types. I actually ended up marrying one of them 8 months after we met, and we have been married over 4 years!

Original review: June 20, 2021

The App is rated 3.5 by Google Play which is generous because it hardly works. You set preferences like gender or religion and they email you matches that are wrong. Not easy to cancel, no trial period if you pay and site is bad. No 24 hour Customer Service.

Original review: June 20, 2021

Too many notifications of ppl that you haven't even like or search for. Too pricey for what you get out of it. I see very unprofessional ppl use the app and is very disturbing to not have a guideline of what to post or say when contacting others.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I was a widow and joined Match in 2009. I exchanged chit chat with a few people and made arrangements to meet one person at the Elks for a beer. He was a no show and his reason was - after he re-read my profile he realized I was a Taurus and he felt our signs clashed. I'm glad he was a no show because that kind of thinking is too weird for me. The second person I met lived 2 hours away and we both decided it was too far to meet in the middle. The third person was a winner. We met in a public place the first time and dated for over a year. We've been living together since 2010 and have built a home together. I love telling people I met him on Match. There are relationships that are made in Heaven or on Match.

Original review: June 18, 2021

The site is well organized and kept up to date with plenty of information. What I find is that pictures being posted by participants are not what they look like today. It would help if the site would state, "photo posting public must be no more than 3 years old".

Original review: June 17, 2021

Most of these dating sites are full of scam artists especially pretending to be females or may be real trying to scam people into getting monies from someone who can be victim to their charm & gets ripped off.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Good experience. A lot of people. Many options. Clear menu. Android friendly. Met my first and second wife and I don't have idea what I should write about. The website is ok. Ok omg is little bit expensive. Should be cheaper.

Original review: June 15, 2021

This site requires more money for additional features. I don't think I should have to pay that much for additional features. It's difficult to maneuver the website and there's one feature that is not helpful. If I don't choose a match, I have to keep moving, it's not a maybe and that should be changed.

Original review: June 14, 2021

It's no different than the free dating apps. Very expensive to have membership yet the quality of members is average. I have used this app on several different occasions and would never recommend it to anyone.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Sign in test is not one click to verify that I am not a robot for reCaptcha. So to sign in, when trying to update account, there is a verify with a puzzle. The puzzle has many vague images of dice, hard to define what's there, and asks to verify which dice combination adds to 14. So it goes around with hard to see images, some that do not add to 14, and shuffles them as if in a card game with a card shark. It's outrageous because the dice are hard to see. Imagine yourself, looking at 6 thumbnail images, hard to see because dice are on their sides, and then you have to go from one image to another to add 14. I have seen other websites use select the category that fits, boats, cars, traffic lights, etc. But only fools ask you to add while viewing vague images and then the system shuts off because you took too long but they never showed the right combination. Is it a dating service or a security incompetence of disservice?

Original review: June 13, 2021

I had almost no interactions on this site and I'm beginning to wonder if it's a scam. Or they perhaps have like a million non-existent profiles. I've heard people met someone on Match, but based on my experience that sounds like a miracle. I'm canceling my subscription and I hope they don't show my profile when I do. The premise of online dating has become highly corruptible and this company isn't one of the best. It might have been in the past but it's now highly suspect.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Following my divorce after 17 years of marriage, I was hesitant to try any type of site for dating, particularly worried for my privacy and safety. But utilizing Match.com I've been able to meet quality people, despite not yet meeting my long-term partner yet. The dating site is simple and easy to navigate, giving me the ample amount of information and insight to the persons I'm interested in meeting or speaking to. It gives me a few way to send flirts and list secret crushes, which is somewhat fun! :)

Match.com Company Information