Find an Online Dating Sites partner

Help me decide

3.8/5 (1616 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Match.com

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: April 5, 2021

Match makes it impossible to delete the account. I asked them to delete it and then 6 months later, they started sending me Match collections of potential women suitors all over again. This is highly irksome.

Original review: April 2, 2021

Made the mistake of trying Match.com again after a couple years away. I left because of deceptive billing practices and false matching and likes they create in an attempt to keep users engaged. Like before, as I neared the end of my term, I could no longer access my account settings or change my password. I received an error message multiple times and was directed to email customer support. I attempted this process multiple times over a few weeks with no luck. Of course during this process they withdrew double the membership fee I originally signed up for and they still have not resolved access to my account.

I can navigate all areas of my account except for my membership section. Very dishonest business approach and shocked I was dumb enough to use match.com again. Biggest crooks in the online dating world. Won't make the same mistake again. Users beware....this dating services is worse than a third rate gym membership when attempting to cancel. Steer clear!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Match blocked me without cause twice in a row, wouldn't explain why and disappeared a month before even issuing a refund! I couldn't read nor respond to messages, making me look fake and sabotaging my love life- on the weekend too!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

Match.com uses fake messages and hits to draw you in and once you join. The members that contact you are not paid subscriptions so you can never talk to them. Then once upon cancelling they do not refund your money even though you cancelled with in the prescribed time frame. Do not join. They trick you. They do not have good paying members. All just free memberships and they cannot contact you.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2021

I got on Match about a year ago and hardly ever went back to the site unless I got an email. So this past Tuesday night 1/26/21 I decided to pay for a membership because I had 26 likes a 15 messages and without a membership you can't view that info. It was $28 for 1 month and said they don't bill until the end of the month. After I got in to view half of my likes were not even close to my location and they said it would be 9.99 for a month for someone to message back and not cost them. Being a gentleman I agreed. It again read will be billed at the end of month.

I got up Wed. morning to see if the 1 person I messaged replied. It would not let me sign in. Problem with account. So I looked and money had been taken out. They will not respond to emails. I ask for refund. No reply and still can't sign in. I found out if this is correct they also have pos....sorry I mean POF dating site. No wonder if I would have known that I would still have $30 in my pocket. Because POF is a slaughterhouse.. I would rate Pof a 1 and match a -1!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

Signed up and paid for a one month subscription. Within 24 hours, my account was locked out. I called and was told I would receive an email from their technical department within 24-48 hours. Never happened. Called again and promised again. Nothing happened. Several more calls and told by each rep they couldn't see the issue with my account and I had to wait for an email. At the second week, I called and was told the problem would be rectified by the end of the day. Not trusting that answer, I waited until 90 minutes before they closed for the weekend to call again.

This time, the rep said she could clearly see that they assigned my credit card and account to an old email address I had years prior. Yet, after an hour she still couldn't get the issue fixed and told me I'd have to wait for their tech department to fix it. OR, I could create a new email address somewhere and then open a new account with them. Neither was a solution, so I asked her to cancel my account and issue a refund. After waiting again for her to speak to her supervisor, she came back and told me that a refund could not be issued because the request wasn't submitted within 24-48 hours of opening the account. Blew me away.

Within 24-48 hours, I had been blocked from the account and told to wait for the tech department to fix it. She said there wasn't anything she could do about it. I told her I'd submit a complaint to my credit card company, and lo and behold, she issued a credit. The caveat? She sent me a survey about how Match and her service were. Never again Match. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

I joined Match back on the 1st of Jan, 2021. I thought I made a very nice profile, took my time writing it, putting out good information on myself. I got a pretty good deal for 4.99 for a one month trial. Well here we are almost 3 weeks in, and zero matches, I have sent probably over a hundred messages, my pictures are good, I like to think I'm a fairly nice looking guy, I put up good pictures, no filters, dressed nicely, no posing pics, just decent photos...And nothing...I would say, absolutely do not spend anything on this site.

The pickings are slim to begin with, and I think the few conversations I have encountered were stale at best. A lot of old profiles, and if they are not active subscribers, they cannot respond, unless you pay extra for them to do so. I've had a lot of success off Bumble, and even Tinder at times isn't so bad. I am 49, but in super great shape, nice teeth and all my hair..lol... I've read a lot of reviews on this site, and don't spend a dime on here...Definitely a total waste of time, at least on Bumble, the girl makes the 1st move, and I like that as well.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Although, I've heard mixed reviews for Match.com, sadly, this particular site is terrible. They quickly take your money and, if you seek a refund within the same month (I signed up the beginning of January, 2021) --- they indicate it should have asked "within the first 3 days"! The majority, if not all, the profiles are not real. I would like a complete refund for the 6-month subscription so I'm not forced to report fraud.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Literally the worst customer Service ever! I have sent over a dozen requests stating I am having issues getting in to view my account, with no response back. They say to wait 24-48 hours. This has been going on for weeks. They had no problem taking my money, though. I recommend using a site that has a responsive customer service department.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

As my family and I were watching Hulu, the most disgusting commercial came on from Match and completely terrified my 5 and 6 year old children! I am extremely disappointed in match for even advertising something so horrific! Really satan with a match?! I have recommended match time after time...NEVER AGAIN!

Match.com Company Information