Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.72/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Unsubscribe at any time.

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Match.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Match.com?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I signed up cause I’m bored out of my mind with this Covid thinking I don’t know maybe meet someone to hike with? But I say 30 miles max and they match me with people 60+ miles away. No one in regular days (traffic) is going to drive from Oakland or Berkeley to have dinner. They recommended one guy who doesn’t want anyone who has had children even if they’re grown. I have a child. Why would they match me with someone who won’t date you if you’ve ever had a child? Lol. The photos are also weird. I can’t explain it. Lots of people look like serial killers. I am really disappointed. Two more months to go.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

After I received the renewal notice, within two days I canceled online at Match.com. They claim my cancellation was never received and charged my credit card for another 6 months in the amount of $149. I tried to call them about the reversal of the charges to no success. It's a go around to nowhere. Never give companies like match.com my credit card info again. They are out to get your money....Pretty distasteful.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

A few months back I was banned from the site, for some reason. I was never told why, inquiries went unanswered. I was only told I had violated their terms. I was told they would reinstate my profile, but if I violated their terms again, I would be banned for life. It's kinda hard to know what not to do again, when you don't know what you did wrong in the first place. I was reinstated, only to be banned again...for no reason at all. I hadn't even logged into the site in almost a week. Tried to log in, only to be told I was banned. Once again, no reason why, no answers to emails, nothing. So I have no idea what, if anything, I did wrong. I never threatened anyone, never told anyone they were ugly or anything like that. I truly have no idea what it was I did wrong. From reading through other reviews on here, I can only guess that they ban people simply because another user reported them, with no investigation or ability to defend yourself from the allegations.

One thing I did figure out about Match, and I've seen other reviews mention this, if you're a paid member, you can message people. But, unless they are also a paid member, they cannot message you back. So, you spend endless hours sending messages to people, who will never message you back, even if they wanted to. And you have no way of knowing who is a member and who isn't.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Do NOT, and I repeat, do NOT waste your money on MATCH.com. Within a day of joining the site I received several responses on my profile ... all of which I quickly learned were fake profiles. After messaging back and forth a few times with these men, I realized that they were actually men who are contracted by Match.com. These men (or could be women posing as men) are hired to engage with paying users to hide their lack of "real person" user enrollment. You may think the man/woman you are conversing with is a real man or woman who is searching for a real mate, but in reality, the man/woman you are engaging with is actually a man/woman hired to converse with you to "better" your dating site experience.

This dating site uses fake profiles to engage with paying users. Very few are actual real people looking for partners. They may say they have the largest client base, but don't be fooled. Very few of the profiles are real. Find another site, or better yet, don't waste your money and go out and join some kind of club/group/activity.

Original review: July 19, 2020

This felt like the worst 2 weeks of my life. Getting a refund might be impossible but I'm trying anyway. The site randomly likes other people you didn't choose when you sign up (I can see how this could potentially cause issues for both parties). I do not feel that there were good choices for men to date. 1 man lied about city he lived in, 1 was married and hid his profile and wanted to meet, 1 blocked me on the way to the first date which is terrifying to think of what his intentions could have been, the 4th one I actually went on a date with confessed he had molested a girl over 30 years ago (on the one and only date), then I cancelled my membership immediately afterwards. I'm done with online dating because it felt like a scary and dangerous experience for me.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Match.com is in the business of wasting your time to try to generate new business. Here is how their game is played. The vast amount of profiles are for unpaid members. The only way a member can contact another member is if they are a paying member. The only way a member can read and reply to another member's message is if they are a paying member. This way Match.com uses its paying members to get the unpaid members to become paid members.

The worst part about this whole thing is that there is no way for the paying members to know which members are paid and which members are unpaid. Since the vast number of members are unpaid, the paying members end up being used by Match.com to generate new business. Paying members ARE NOT paying to insure all their messages can be read and replied to by any other member, unless the other member opts to pay to read and reply to other members. To sum it up, paying members pay to generate business for Match.com. There is a word for this, it is called FRAUD.

Original review: July 13, 2020

If you use the free account, they won't block you because they want you to continue using it till you think you might be able to get a chance to hook up with someone, and when you start paying for the subscription, they would block your account speedily. I paid 3 month subscription at one go. Started for only 2 days, and they block my account for no rhyme nor reason. When I emailed them, they haven't responded for more than 5 days and do not give me any refunds. They are just trying to scam your money. Read many reviews from other online review site about Match, and realised I wasn't the only customer who got conned. Read up more reviews about Match from more online review sites and you'll find out for yourself how Match tries to scam their customers of our money.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I joined Match very recently and paid the membership as well as a bunch of boosts to get going. I met some people on there and it seemed all was good. I was contacted from a lady that had she was separated in her summary and I was not interested in someone that is still technically married. I blocked her then added to my summary that if you are not single please skip my profile right after I blocked her. She then reported my profile simply clicking on the report a user tab and checked off that I was married which I am happily divorced! Match instantly sent me a termination of my account after I just paid for it and a bunch of dues and never even considered getting ahold of me, checking her out, nothing, just terminated my account.

I have sent them 26 emails and just receive canned responses, no reasons why, no evidence, no contact with me and that user is still on there like nothing happened. No refund, no access. Horrible experience especially when you are accused of an absolute untruth. They could have simply asked me for a decree, nothing. So if you block someone and they get mad, boom you and your money are gone. They are so big they do not care at all about their clients or who they accuse of being married.

So to make a point for future clients of them and past ones they probably also do this too, I am actually employing my actual divorce attorney to sue them for false accusations and ethical standards. It's not for any money it is for principle. I am not their average client. I am a owner of a large company and they should know better than to practice business like this. I will update this review after we win our case against these amateurs who make decisions with no investigation. Stay away from match. Go to eharmony or elite singles or anything else, these guys could care less about you and just want that upfront cash they run off with.

Original review: July 9, 2020

They robbed me of another $100+ charge!!! I unsigned up but somehow they managed to charge my card again! Absolutely terrible!!! Do not use this website. This is a scam. They take your money then charge you more and more without your permission and say "This is the part of your user agreement." I didn't sign up to be constantly robbed! Do not use this company! You will be overcharged before you know it!

Original review: June 29, 2020

I wish I could have given this site minus 10 stars!!!! DO Not waste your money. I am so upset I wasted my money on this crappy site. I specifically adjusted settings not to shown my location and of course it didn’t work I adjusted settings for members without photos not to contact me and NOPE! Hey still do. Terrible men I was also solicited for prostitution I filed a complaint and nope! No one ☝️ reached out to me! This has got to be the worst experience of my life! Match you are terrible. Shame on you!

Match.com Company Information