1.02/5

1396 Facebook Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2019

I have been on Facebook since it started, many decades ago. It would seem that now, it's becoming a liberal, fascist format. They use what they call "community standards" to control people's speech. There are no set standards, per se, but these "standards" are interpreted loosely by obviously liberal fascists, and any "wrong-thinking", or reference to any "wrong-thinking" is punished by blocking the account. So, it's not only what YOU say, but what your friends say, and anything you cite or share. Time to find another social site that has the voice of ALL the people in mind.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I have contacted them and sent them my ID at least a dozen times with no resolution. I use Facebook to help promote my business. I mean what company today in the USA does not have resolution to a problem after THREE MONTHS? I have tried multiple avenues to try to resolve this myself including trying to change my password. WHEN I TRY TO RESET MY PASSWORD, IT ASKS FOR MY PASSWORD! I mean **?

Original review: March 13, 2019

I wanted to sign up to Facebook to keep in contact with our family and friends while on our round Australia trip but they insist on me sending them a photo to verify who I am. Of course I will send a photo of myself to people I don't even know, NOT. I might as well send my bank details as well. The trouble is I can't seem to find anywhere where I can complain about this. Sorry Facebook but unless you are my bank approving a loan, you can shove the photo request up your **.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Our not-for-profit was offered a free 'boost' for an event. It popped onto our FB page and said 'only a week till this free offer expires.' The promotion went ahead, and then we were billed $25. We would not have paid for this or accepted the offer if it had not been 'free.' We would like a refund of our hard-earned money. Disappointed!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

No way to contact them unless you have an Account. Problem is I signed up but I'm locked out until they verify my photo, after such a hassle I want to cancel my account but can't log in to cancel! This is a joke poor service and poorly designed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I am a conservative with almost 5000 people on my friends list. I have found within the last few months FB has made it impossible to see my friends list. It is a blank page. So I cannot clean it up whatsoever.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My experience with Facebook is very poor. Facebook is targeting me because of my political affiliation. Facebook now will kick you off up to 30 days at a time for violating their so-called Community standards. Once you're on their list any word that they deem negative or unacceptable will automatically put you in a block for 30 days. So much for free speech.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I am a Facebook user in Hong Kong, my Facebook account was created with user name “Stare Cat” a long time ago. But Yesterday, Facebook insisted on changing the user name, someone claims that was Identity verification. The problem is that I don't trust Facebook, Because they will sell our browser history and other personal information. Besides, my user name separates close friends and friends, Facebook insisted on changing my user name for take away my follower growth.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Facebook has advertisements that fill your news feed, every fifth post is an ad, they claim you can limit the ads you see in your settings/ ad preferences, but that does not work, you can try blocking the repetitive or scam ads, but they still come back on your news feed. Some ads you don't even know what they are for or selling, and from scam companies you never heard of before. I've reported and block ads all the time, and one called "ASIAN CHARM", a fake dating site set up for Asian women to come to the USA using American males as a ticket for entry into the USA.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

People are complaining about Facebook blocks incessantly. I myself have been subjected to eight (8) 30 day blocks in the last 11 months. This seems to be the new normal at the fascist Facebook. Issuing appeals is pointless. I'd rate Facebook zero stars if I could.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I complained about FB always suspending people's accounts because of some very stupid they don't like. If you said illegal or posted against Muslims or Sharia law. If you post something about people who are un-American you get suspended. Well, I found a disgusting post from my other account that FB has no problem with. They did not delete the post or suspend the person who posted it. The post was about shooting police and hunting them down. So offensive and disgusting.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I've been on Facebook now for several years and while the physical layout and operation of the site is OK, those who run and monitor it leave much to be desired. They seem to have a very arbitrary way of how they interpret their so-called "community standards". Despite creating a group that was secret and not listed; that only those whom I invited to it would be able to see, the group and my personal account were blocked for 30 days. OK I set about trying to make the group conform to their "community standards" which I've been tweaking the group's settings bit by bit for the last couple of months. Now all a sudden I find myself once again blocked both my account and the group. Double-Jeopardy!

The worst part is that unlike most others sites where if you have somehow violated their guidelines and you get some sort of warning, in the case of Facebook, it's like walking through a minefield! Your first and only warning is no warning at all but getting your account blocked or banned. I'm all for having a "family friendly" environment since Facebook is trying to have quantity of any and all ages. Protecting young folks if fine but I do not want my life online or off determined all the time by the needs of 10 year olds. If and when I use Facebook again it will be on a very limited basis until I find another social site with a lot more common sense than Facebook has.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I posted a negative review on Sprint 2 days ago. A Facebook users responded to my post and posted a message against me, called me a Muslim Terrorist. I reported to Facebook and requested to restrict the user but they only removed the post and said they would restrict if it is repeated. Well, hours later the same user posted another message with hate against religion. I reported to Facebook but they never responded. But this is not it... I went to Facebook Community and posted my question if Facebook promotes hate crimes. A few minutes later, my account was blocked, I was asked to enter my phone number and provide a photo. I did but my account is still inactive, the person who was spreading hate crimes is still active and continues to do so.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I was kicked off Facebook again on Christmas Day and I haven’t even bothered trying to log back in. I was watching President Trump's address to the US Troops and “liking” his points. When he started talking about the wall and I was liking his talking points my Facebook account suddenly logged out. Thinking it was just a glitch, I tried to log back in to see the rest of the speech, a box popped up informing me I had been logged out for “abusing a feature”. So obviously “liking” our President's speech is abuse! I’m sure all the ones posting “mad faces” and negative things against our President were not blocked!

Does it really hurt the Facebook snowflakes so bad that they can’t accept someone supporting our President that the people of the United States elected to do exactly what he is doing? I don’t even know if I’m ever going to try to get back on Facebook again. I hope their paid advertisers realize how many working Americans are getting fed up with Facebook and their censorship of conservative Americans that support our President and start pulling their ads and money from Facebook.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

You guys sent me this: “Your comment is back on Facebook. We’re sorry we got this wrong. We reviewed your post again and it does follow our community standards.” However, I’m still enabled from posting, commenting, liking and messaging anyone. Why am I still banned, when you guys admitted to this mistake upon a second review? Please review again and uplift account. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I accidentally locked myself out of my account, have no way to get in, and the only way I can directly speak with anyone at Facebook, is by emailing the memorization request page. They ignored my other messages, which they even admit they might not respond to. The issue is that I don't have many privacy settings set up, and anyone can post on my wall or tag me without me approving it. Not smart, but now that I want to change that, I can't!

I emailed Facebook to ask for help, and they responded with a bunch of ways to get back in. I responded telling them how none of this works for me. I forgot my password, and have been logging in by clicking my name (a new option they came out within the past year or so), I had to get a new phone number but couldn't change it because I didn't know my password, and somehow it's not set up through my email, so I can't verify through there, and I had to get a new phone and I have no computer so I can't verify through a trusted device. I have NO way to get in, and that sounds stupid, but it can happen to anyone.

I accidentally broke my phone, had to get a new one, and found myself locked out of Facebook because of it. I had been trying to set up a legacy contact, but could not get in to do that. The only way I kept logging in was because I stayed logged in on that device. And Facebook doesn't care, even though I am no longer able to control my privacy settings. In fact, someone tagged me in a post that all my friends saw recently... She was trying to start drama, accused me of stealing from her and damaging her property, and basically trying to ruin my name. That's actually the reason I emailed Facebook, I told them she was going to, and they did nothing to help me. And I'm now unable to protect myself against vicious personal attacks. I can't believe this is happening, it's like a nightmare.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The censors have banned me for posting a pic of Fred G. Sanford insulting Aunt Esther, calling that 'hate speech'. If that's hate speech, it was fine for TV when originally broadcast, & fine EVERY time it was broadcast in reruns. I have numerous message requests from MY customers wishing to purchase items that I had posted for sale, but I have no way to reply to those customers, therefore, Facebook is costing me my livelihood, in addition to denying me contact to my nearly 5,000 friends and followers. Correction, a while back over 1,000 friends & followers disappeared overnight in an apparent Facebook PURGE of conservatives.

How long will Facebook be allowed to dictate who users are allowed to be in contact with? Since they have been ruled by numerous courts to be 'the public square', and therefore required to observe the US Bill Of Rights, I believe they should be sanctioned by the courts & required to pay restitution and punitive punishments for these violations of the US Constitution for deprivation of rights in these matters. Even while I have been banned from any interactions on Facebook, I have received another 'violation' for some post from some time in the past which I don't remember. So they are actively searching past posts, looking for ANYTHING which MAY be used as another violation of their vague & left leaning censorship rules. If Facebook insists upon communist policies, they should be ejected from The United States & take up residence in a communist country, NOT the USA.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

When Facebook locks down a personal account to authenticate the user's name, any conversations that user had with friends, colleagues, etc via the Messenger are tagged with the following disclaimer in lieu of the user's responses: "This message is no longer available because it was identified as abusive or marked as spam." That is, for the next 24 to 84 hours while Facebook's censors review the user's ID, the user is displayed to the world of their friends as an abuser, spammer, or otherwise a social media criminal. One would think that for a multi-billion dollar company with 25K+ employees, they would be able to program a message that clearly distinguishes name authentication lock-down from abusive behavior lock-down. Really, Facebook, this lack of attention to detail is truly MORONIC.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

There's a bunch of fat broads on there telling me I'm not a real man unless I love curves and accept every woman at their worst. Quotes from philosophers get 2 likes, a ** taking a selfie 3 feet from the crapper gets 200 likes. The people on there are dumb as hell and get offended by everything. The site has a liberal bias so If you embarrass people on the left too many times you'll start getting banned for any little thing. I got a 30-day ban once for saying to kill people with kindness and another time I got one for saying women are leeches. You can't have any kind of opinion outside of theirs or you get punished. The site is **. It's a bunch of dumb boomers and millennials competing to see who can be the biggest victim online. A bunch of butthurt morons and ** with daddy issues on that site. Smh.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I wish Facebook could be held accountable for their blocking people from using their platform for arbitrarily and incredibly inconsistent reasons. I made a sarcastic joke and got blocked from posting for 30 DAYS. No warning or anything. Not only that, but I appealed it, and the ban was upheld in LITERALLY 4 MINUTES! They were somehow able to process that request for review within 4 minutes. Of, course, you cannot get a hold of anyone at Facebook. Such total garbage! I will support every effort to hold Facebook accountable from now on. I will also be deactivating my profile. I'm done with their fickle garbage.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Someone hacked my Facebook account then they changed all things, I could changed my password. But I couldn't change my details. Today my Facebook account is disabled. I don't know what's happening. I can't open my Facebook account.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I have been a FB member since 2009. I belong to several groups and administrator in several. Earlier today I went to comment on a post and found out I was blocked!! Went to support inbox and it said something I posted went against FB community standards and I was not allowed to post or comment in any of my groups. There is NO picture or comment or reason listed as to what I posted. I have appealed this decision several times asking why but have not received an answer. Ironically the groups I posted in before this block came on at 1 pm were Christian-based groups. Facebook needs to up their game on this bs. I see naked women on pages, blood, violence, sexual acts, etc but I am banned for posting in a coffee group? Seriously? This issue and many others need to be resolved. You would think a multi million dollar business would have better customer service.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Since 2008 I been customer of FB. First account after 8 years been disabled. No real explanation, second account after 3 months and now third account 48 hours. Right before Xmas can't contact my family. Nothing. I write countless emails, nobody responded, ever!!! I never post nudity or spam. Just music. I'm independent Musician in Toronto. Shame on you Facebook... Shame...and I can say clearly that I truly hate you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

FB told me I could not post links to 2 articles by an award winning Canadian journalist, from a well known mainstream Canadian news site. They told me the links to these articles 'violated' their terms of service. Crazy... There was even a FB share button on the articles but when you try to share from there they tell you content is blocked because people on FB have complained it is abusive. ARE YOU kidding??? A few people complaining about a journalist's mainstream article can get it blocked from sharing??? One of the articles by journalist Roy Green of Global News in Canada is "Roy Green: Waterboarding is illegal, yet chronic pain is tolerated". This is blocked by FB as being abusive content.

And then...when I post a complaint on my FB page about their dictatorship...they close my FB account. Seriously...this is beyond suppression of free speech when they are censoring mainstream journalists' news articles and then closing your FB page when you complain. Somebody needs to start holding FB accountable for their tyranny over billions of FB users. I have a lot more to say about how they close FB accounts at will with no explanation and this mobile device. I do not even have a mobile device. So every time they ask me for a mobile number my FB is done because I don't have one and there is nothing more I can do.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Facebook have locked me out of two accounts without providing either adequate justification or allowing me recourse to any action to retrieve my account information and delete the account. I am quite certain the lock-out is politically motivated due to my critical stance on Israel and Zionism. None of my posts were actually mentioned and no formal complaint has been made make specific allegations. Before the lock-out I was attacked vehemently by a UK charity called the "Campaign Against Anti-Semitism" who accused me of being antisemitic. I am Jewish and I do not believe any such accusations would stand up in a court of law. Therefore, Facebook are applying arbitrary standards in locking me out.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Alas last 2 days ago I have a message saying that it violated their terms that promote hate speech but I post nothing hatred on my group what I assume done by other poster(s) suspecting political discussion. I always respect freedom of speech. Too bad sometimes assumed as hatred to community by Facebook. They never warning or give chance. This is public concerns. Most of them didn't get it back. I have spent a lot efforts and time to build group eventuality get vanish just one button from Facebook and accusation remain mystery. For years, Facebook actually know appeal form is not working, but they never bother it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Locked account after I was given sim card with spyware. I factory reset my phone and was locked out. It has been 3 days. I've verified through email and sent 3 verification photos with codes. Still nothing.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Facebook has clearly bullying people who done nothing wrong. No posting, no commenting much... They let pedophiles, racist and fascists to post whatever they want, and just block people who done nothing wrong! When asked them to show why exactly they are blocking you for, they ignore you, and give you no info. Obviously because there is none, and they just picked you out of many users, and decided to bully you, just because they think they can... This is very sad, as more and more people are getting annoyed with this kind of their behaviors. Social media should be safe and pleasant experience for everyone, rather than get constantly bullied, where they say their community standards is against bullying, child molesting, pedophiles and fascist... They are the fascists themselves!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have been with Facebook for 12 years and I have been using it in business for 10. I have created almost 20 separate pages that I use for various books that I write. I am an historian and write books on history... mainly pirates and Maritime subjects. All of the ads that I use on Facebook are mainly designed to target my blog site and the articles that I write.

A month ago Facebook charge me for the balance in my account and then deleted my business account. When I went through procedure debating this, I was asked to provide a picture of my driver's license to prove my identity. I've never heard back from them. One of the messages in the very brief correspondence was that they did not support my business method. Again I am an historian and wasn't really trying to do business per se, just get people to look at what I write. They have also put flags on all the payment methods that I used and I am unable to a put them on any other account. I feel like I have been beaten up by a bunch of bullies whole took my lunch money and left me naked in the hallway! I guess because they feel like since we don't actually pay for them money for the accounts, they can basically do whatever they want. Still they made money from my ads! What kind of business doesn't want money!!?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

FB deleted my account. They claimed it was reported as being fake. No matter what I sent for proof they did not let me back in. They Used facial recognition to do it, after I opened a new legitimate acct. I did not give them permission to use facial recognition.

Facebook Company Information