2. Miscellaneous

3.5/5 (2003 ratings)

About Facebook

Facebook Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

As the title states, this platform is not very friendly or inclusive. I am not one to be very social or think much of social media in general, my experience on Facebook just confirms this. I was in hopes to have a profile to connect with family and/or have it as a place to vent out my frustrations anonymously to other like minded individuals. I was going to use my pen name, Johnny Buck, but apparently that "violates community guidelines" and was disabled right out the gate and not even given a chance to have a profile.

On top of that, their "customer service", and I use the term very loosely, is next to nonexistent. Upon further reviews, there is no guarantee I would even get a reply if I were to try an appeal. There's no option to chat. The "phone number" given is just an automated answering service directing one to an email that, again, no guarantee anyone would even reply, and no real person to speak with. So again, this platform is not very friendly or inclusive, especially to those who just want to vent like an open diary or something similar.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I am a retired Ontario Provincial Police Officer and I represent a group of over 800 people in South Western Ontario, Canada. We were building a support network for our community, consisting of nurses, police officers, trades people, farmers, mental health counsellors and many others with skills to assist their fellow citizens. The mission statement of our group included being a peaceful and spiritual support group for those in need during these times of tyranny. We were planning many meetings and planning to expand our network of members to help as many people as possible.

Today without warning or prior notice, Facebook deleted our group and deleted the Facebook accounts of many of our members. I am reaching out to your organization for two reasons. First, if you feel you can offer any assistance to our group getting back online, we would appreciate it. If you are not able to assist in that, please report what Facebook has done so people are aware of the evil we are facing. Thank you for your time.

Joe

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Facebook has banned my account outright and requested for more information which I have provided. Despite this, my account remains closed with the remarks that I have breached community guidelines. This is totally disappointing as I have even furthered my ID and photo for them to verify. They get back within 1 min without any verification. How do they banned account without any accountability these days. This is getting from bad to worst....

I have written to complaints, feedback and information. All this email are invalid or have been closed. They should have spend sometime to remove off all information as well. Despite me going thru entire channel on feedback None are available for a genuine user like me.... I feel that I am simply marginalized by such organisation and they are not giving us reasons why we are banned.... My account is now due for closure and they still dared to send me a email on this despite no avenue for us to appeal... This facebook is just getting too arrogant and simply getting worst. I have decided to delink all my website links with them given their poor arrogant and probusiness attitude...

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

Now STOP, we can't really take it anymore, make us fail and end up bankrupt because of the moderation of Facebook. For years we have been creating original content on Facebook, working for many hours every day, making a page grow to more than two million followers, with many sacrifices. We have created thousands of images that those who use Facebook, at least once or more in their life, have shared or commented, we have created original content and all of them are about positivity or phrases for reflection or animals. Images and videos that have stolen thousands or hundreds of thousands of other pages from us.

We partnered with Facebook and were in the monetization program, then suddenly they took the monetization out of us by saying that we shared unoriginal and permissionless videos. A HUGE LIE because everything we published was either our property or we bought the license. From here the problems started, Italian assistance which is a shame, the most useless thing that exists, they don't know how to use Facebook and I had to explain to them how it worked. Then suddenly other problems. We have a registered trademark and have never allowed us to obtain the blue badge, because it is obvious that they only give it to acquaintances or pages that are absolutely not companies. The real problems begin, they say that my account and my employee's account are double accounts and we are the same person, but what do they do?

They did everything to us, starting with the links on our website, saying that they are spam, suddenly, when instead they are very normal and full-blown Facebook articles (like "the cat plays with the mouse"); then they took away all the possibilities of being able to monetize with the page, creating visibility limitations (WITHOUT REASON), then not satisfied, we made another page grow and without ever spamming, they limit it by saying that we share spam (WHAT NOT TRUE), then they take away the monetization on another page for no reason, after which they ban me FOR LIFE from being able to create Facebook apps, for no reason, then they ban the advertising account, always for no reason and re-block it after months of struggling, thanks to US assistance, to show it was a mistake.

They reactivate the monetization on the page and then they take it back to us again saying that we have shared non-original content (WHAT NOT TRUE), today another blow, ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT REASON, they TAKE AWAY THE POSSIBILITY OF PUBLISHING IN MY PAGES, CREATING ME THOUSANDS OF EUROS IN DAMAGE, all without a reason and they are making our life hell. They took my life, they took away my company earnings, when WE NEVER SHARED FAKES!! WE HAVE ALWAYS RESPECTED THE STANDARDS BECAUSE WE KNOW THEM BY MEMORY.

Support is the most useless thing in the world because it brings people who don't even know how to navigate the Facebook home. We are destroyed, as a company and as a person. Ruining ourselves for automatic systems and not knowing how to solve them because there are a SLEEVE OF INCOMPETENT PEOPLE WHO WARM THE CHAIR, RUINING COMPANIES THAT WORK HARD, CREATING CONTENT. Years of sacrifice, years of working every day to grow a two millions of followers and suddenly they take it away, without REASON, TAKING OFF OUR LIFE!!! Please help us if anyone knows how to report Facebook! We have all the proof that what I say is true, they have ruined us for no reason!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

I own a business and we have to work with Facebook on ads. First, their ad policies are terrible. But even worse, their "AI" robots will reject your ad for no reason other than it made a mistake. Even worse, if their stupid robots make a big mistake, they'll shut down your entire ad account. Even worse, when you chat with their support, they'll never tell you why it was rejected or taken down. You can get everything back up and running again if you constantly send it in for a review and after many reviews, an actual human will do it and reinstate it. Complete garbage of a system. At least tell your advertisers, some of who are spending hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars, what the issues are so they can fix them and adhere to your policies the next time.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

Similar to others, my personal account was hacked leaving my business page inaccessible. None of the "bot" responses for restoring my account have worked. I've tried to log support assistance. It's been well over a month since this occurred. There are no income opportunities for me any longer using my social media accounts. Automation is great when it's great. This.... is not great.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

June 28, 2021, my Facebook page is LOCKED. Followed instructions to resolve issue. FB says they will resolve issue within 24 hours. It is now August 4 and nothing has happened to fix the issue yet..

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Facebook constantly has harassed me and put me in Facebook jail for sharing truthful information that is well documented. They censor everything and use fake fact checking that does not even apply to the post. They deny communication with others who are of like mind and use this forum platform to stay informed about events checking what is going on worldwide. Facebook blocks valid information that can save lives. They have blocked me without recourse to even contact them for a review. Now, after being on FB for more than 10 years, they have disabled my account without recourse, no review and without reason. I am blocked from reaching family members and friends in time when this is the only way we can communicate. I am seeing such actions happening to many others who wish to share valuable information.

Original review: July 30, 2021

My account has been restricted (Facebook Jail) several times now. Each time was due to my response to a post that I had seen. My responses were taken literally as individually written sentences and not considered as to how they related to the post. Because of this, they were perceived as threatening. If the written responses were considered in relation to the post, they could not have been construed as threatening. It is a very flawed system of censorship that limits the ability to express new thoughts and insights!

Original review: July 25, 2021

To anyone who can assist in getting my Facebook profile off Facebook and delete all my information? I also cannot delete the app or uninstall it off my phone. I started 2020 before July trying to get my account deleted, at first it would only allow me to create another profile so I think I have 3, then I read some account information and it said after 30 days it will be deleted if no activity and it wasn't, then later after I created another acct I seen it said after 90 days of inactivity it would be deleted. That's a lie. I have not logged in or tried even though everything I do they make me try to log in thru Facebook and won't quit harassing me. So it's been over a year. My acct is still showing my mother in law still post things to me like Mother's Day, so why is Facebook lying about your profile?

I had an iPhone which I forgot passcode and they won't let me have it active cuz of my lawsuit I sent stating to take legal action and I had screenshots and other information and no longer have it.. Very disturbed by what they control??? People need to be informed and understand the policy of a app in English and what it really is saying or allowing them access or privacy or data and what controls they are authorized to do to us? I hate all social shaming, social profiling, social abuse. It's all wrong and humiliating people by sharing our most private and personal stories our life events to control us? It should all be illegal? Please help me in deleting all my information off of facebook! Desperate, for help Jeanie.

Facebook Company Information