3.00/5
Based on 1,343 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Facebook

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

1418 Facebook Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I have been on Facebook for 10 years and have posted many, many comments on issues from a conservative point of view. Lately however I have had two posts removed and had posting restricted for period. The first post was about Facebook's favorite criminal activity, one that has been frequently in the news for the last three year. The other had to do with Facebook censorship of conservative points of view. Never mind certain left wing group and other of liberal view point can post threats of violence and brag about acts of terrorism they have commented without being shut down. All of these reprisals from Facebook began after I won a dispute over a fraudulent charge on my credit card. Planning on deleting my profile later today.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Horrible company to advertise with. You seriously can't speak with anybody on the phone. This is a 68 BILLION dollar company and they can't pay for a call center? All you can do is chat or email with rude, inept, indifferent people in India who can't tell the difference between "equal opportunity housing" ads and everything else. They will reject ads because they are not bright enough to understand what the ad is actually selling or are just too lazy to even try and understand. They are unyielding and condescending. Hopefully the current anti-trust probe will put them in their place.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I have received now three 30-day bans over the past 4 to 5 months. The bans are not justified as I am harassed by members esp. who are Trump supporters. One guy wrote this morning that I posted a support to kill Donald Trump, though he was lying. He is always harassing me so I posted that he was a liar and to **. Almost immediately what I believe is a ** male w/in FB banned me for 30 days? I have complained to the BBB, but they're still harassing and banning me for post that do not violate their community standards. I have screenshot my posts, or posts in question but still no change in their lawless conduct.

FB is made up of approx. 94% ** males, so what does that tell you? They just circle jerk when I ask for a review just like they do on the BBB complaint website. FB personnel from what it seems, maybe trump supporters and routinely ban for 30 days, comments not in violation but because they are not legally handling these type matters and big on banning non-violating posts. They even allow a group that posts ** as an open topic in their group. This is not allowed on FB, has been reported numerous times but it still remains.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I don’t know what really happened. I was given no warning when Facebook disable my account. I had same account since 2011/2012. I never put anything or post anything bad in Facebook. There are two things I was doing. One thing I was doing in bitcoin sites. I was calling out on scammers that false advertising about huge profits. I got involved in bitcoin 7 years ago. I got scammed 16 times and lost over $8,000. It took awhile to realize that it impossible to get huge profit. Started to thinking about it. There’s no way you get 50 ppl to making $35,000 in 24 hours. That’s $1,250,000. Where does the money come from? Bank?? Trade Marketing don’t care that much money. Just no way that each 50 ppl going to get $35,000 cash. Then scammer closed their account and reopen a new FB account under different names but photos are same. How come Facebook didn’t do anything about that????

Another thing I was doing was deleting ppl off my friends list. About a month or two ago, I set a goal that I was raise 5,000 ppl. It was in covert and fun. After I hit 5,000 ppl, I started deleting ppl off my friend list. As I was doing that for four days then Saturday morning, I got disable from my account without a warning. How can Facebook staffs disable my account but there is no Facebook customer service available??? What kind of business is that when there’s no one available at Facebook? Can I have my own account back please?? I have a lot of pictures in there that I want to save.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

They simply banned me for saying illegals are criminals. No race, religion, orientation, or group noted. I took a screenshot of their ban notice, created another account, posted the epic of my ban to my friends so they don't wonder what happened to me and they banned the new account for posting that privately. I honestly do not get it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

As a 20 year veteran of online sales in addition to sales in brick and mortar I thought I'd give Facebook Marketplace a try. Marketplace is a place you can post items you want to sell and browse for items you want to buy. Sellers and buyers typically meet in a relatively secure public place or buyers come to the seller's home or business.

When I initially signed up for Facebook in 2016 I found that I did not even have access to Marketplace. They apparently have a undetermined waiting period. I found it disturbing that they would invite you to sell items yet block anyone new to Facebook from seeing your items for months - even for over a year as some others have reported. Could you imagine eBay or Amazon doing this? An utterly insane form of doing business.

After ignoring Facebook I checked back in 2019 and now see I have access to the Marketplace. When I attempted to list my first item I was told there suddenly an issue with my account and they needed to send a verification code to my phone. I provide them with my landline number and failed to send any code. I provide them with a cellphone number and I complete the process. They then claim there is an issue with my account and they need me to provide a copy on my license. I replied that I was not going to provide a photo or any other information as they already had a verified phone number, a verified email address and my physical address where I've lived since 1973. I told them if they had an issue with this then I was going to contact my U.S. Senator and my State's AG to inquire about their unwarranted requests.

After a few days I was able to list items. I initially posted 15 items and sold two within a couple days for $61 with buyers coming to my home. I then prepared 106 further listings. While posting the first 45 of these Facebook suddenly started sending messages that certain items violated their so called Commerce polices. I then find my ability to list further items removed. For each item I am expected to enter in the item's description as an appeal. Gee, how about Facebook checking that on their own first. They act like they don't want your business.

After doing research I find that Facebook employs bots to check your item titles for keywords or phrases and to flag items. These include terms which are related to their list of banned items. Thus if you list a art print of birds your listing will be flagged because "birds" is in the title and animals can't be sold on Facebook. List some animal figurines they are flagged for the same reason. A art print of children created in the imagination of the artist is flagged as it contains "children". They apparently didn't spend any of the $22 billion they made in 2018 on their bots. This type of behavior is not seen with sites such as eBay and Amazon, where I've sold since 1999. If you list an item in a category such as Native American on eBay, eBay might display a general warning to read but your items are not flagged unless an actual person reports them. None of the items I listed on Facebook would be flagged on eBay.

Other items appear to be flagged because they contain a brand name. It is illegal under The First Sale Doctrine for Facebook and third companies to conspire to prevent you from reselling authentic goods you own as long as you are not representing yourself an an authorized dealer for the company or otherwise connected with the company. Most of the things they are flagging, apparently due to brand names, make no sense at all as we are not talking about fake Gucci bags here, but every day items. In some cases they flag one-of-a-kind handmade items.

Within days of listing items another Facebook user sends a message claiming they had setup an appointment and that I was not home to complete a transaction. I had no such appointment and there are no Facebook messages stating this. Another member sends a message request with the phrase "scammer" as a form of harassment. There is no prior messages from this person and I don't respond as Facebook displays a little warning message stating that this person will have access to my phone number if I respond. That is strange because my settings are set to hide my phone number. So someone can send you a harassing message request in order to harass you and try to get further contact information and Facebook does nothing about it.

I suspect a number of the items being flagged are in fact being falsely reported by other competing sellers in order get rid of the competition. Once again there are no consequences for these users as they can do this completely anonymously. Each time two or more items are falsely flagged or reported Facebook then suddenly prevents me from listing any more items although they do not send you a message they've done this. Your items simply will not post any longer. They also never provide a specific reason.

Each ban can last multiple hours to a day or more after which time you might be able to list one more item or several, some of which are also falsely flagged or reported thus setting another ban cycle. As I was not able to list items I used the time to create some drafts to be listed later. After the second one Facebook suddenly starts requiring me to complete one or more picture captchas just to save a draft. After saving three drafts they suddenly display a large message stating the following:

"You're Temporarily Blocked."
      "It looks like you were misusing this feature by going to fast. You've been blocked from using it."
      "Learn more about blocks in the Help Center."

"If you think this goes against our Community Standards let us know"

Yes, folks Facebook does not want you to use its site too fast. So now I can't even complete drafts. If I am such a bad seller how come 9 nine people have picked up items for $424 in the last four days? So why exactly are advertisers paying Facebook when they go out of their way to prevent users from using the site and provide a horrible experience? I'd be spending my advertising dollars elsewhere if I were them.

I didn't complete the process of setting up a Facebook store after determining that they wanted store owners to input a base shipping price for all items and a base shipping price for reach additional item. That is the sort of thing you's see on a third rate website a decade or more ago. Anyone with even a tiny amount of online sales experience knows you need to a calculated shipping system based upon package sizes, package weights, the distance a package travels and a host of related inputs. Facebook is utterly clueless about selling physical goods online.

Facebook lacks any type of customer service and thus has no accountability. It is time Congress, state legislators and state AGs start telling Facebook exactly how they must operate as opposed to how Facebook thinks they can operate. Facebook has no inherit right to do business in any state. That is a privilege granted by the citizens of the state via their elected representative. Well Facebook, you've now are going to get a written complaint with the FTC, my state's AG, and my US Senator. If you advertise on Facebook I for one will not being buying your products because you support a abusive monster.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I had an account in my real name for many years when I received the "suspicious activity" message. I submitted a new photo only to discover later my account was disabled permanently with no reason given. I tried to set up another one days later, only to have it removed as well. Facebook does target and monitor closely people who have been blocked from posting numerous times, so much so that if you get reported you'll get a ban automatically, even when it clearly did not violate their so-called community standards, which are arbitrary and capricious at best. For all the conservatives/regressives whining about being unfairly targeted, give me a break. It happens to liberals/progressives equally alike.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I was the victim of bullying by multiple people. I posted the abuse I suffered in two posts. Both were tagged for community standards violations for bullying. I protested both of the strikes. One was reversed the other has not despite being reviewed. The one they refuse to reverse is a set of messages sent directly to me by someone who I do not know, who blocked me after sending their abuse. This left me with zero recourse as I cannot find their profile, nor is there any way to report them in the window. They have blocked me for 30 days. Both of the recent strikes were listed as reasons for my block but I was the VICTIM. All of my abusers are going on without any sort of consequence because I cannot use the report system while blocked. Facebook has been sent multiple messages from multiple platforms and yet hasn't responded or reversed this. They do not care about the victims of bullying.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I haven’t used my Facebook account in some time due to illness. I tried to activate Messenger today, and had to log in with my user email and my password, which I did. However, I then got a screen saying I had to verify my identity by either having a code sent by text to my cell phone or uploading a copy of my ID. Since the cell phone numbers they had are old ones, I couldn’t use that option, so I reluctantly uploaded a copy of my ID. I’m not at all comfortable with that! I then got a message saying I would be contacted via email regarding my account once my ID was verified. That was this morning, it’s now early evening and I’ve received no such email.

Since I can no longer access my account, and Facebook failed to contact me AFTER receiving a copy of my ID, I feel my ID was gotten fraudulently, and plan to delete Facebook, Messenger, and anything else Facebook related. BUT NOT UNTIL I RECEIVE PROOF OF SOME SORT THAT MY ID COPY THEY RECEIVED VIA UPLOAD IS. DELETED FROM THEIR POSSESSION. I also plan to file a complaint with whatever regulatory commission overwatches sites of this sort. But in the meantime, there seems to be no one I can speak to at Facebook to gain assurances about the copy of my ID being deleted from their records.

This occurred directly on Facebook’s Messenger App, not a website. I feel like a fool for having provided my identity to Facebook! And I still can’t access my account, despite having my user ID and password, and they refuse to reply. Facebook is definitely obtaining personal information fraudulently, and holding users' accounts hostage to get it!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I made a comment on a page for dog lovers. A post was made which linked to an article someone wrote about why people should stop breeding and buying pugs (mainly because of health reasons). Folks who willingly subscribed to the page wrote paragraphs and paragraphs of critical, negative comments about the article. I made a comment defending the article, and my comment was deleted because of "Hate Speech." I messaged Facebook directly about this and received no response. No visibility into how Facebook assesses or takes down comments. I don't know who reported the comment, why they reported it, or how it violated their vague Community Standards. I have reported multiple posts which talk about drugs or violence, and those stay up. For some reason or another, on this particular day, I was targeted and don't know why.

Facebook Company Information