2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.99/5

Facebook Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

My Facebook account was hacked and profile information was hacked. Trying to recapture the account is harder than the hacker hacking it!! The list of documents to prove your identity is ridiculous - drivers license, birth certificate, credit cards, and more!!! I Uploaded several documents with minimum required information several times to prove my identity. No response. No help to recapture my account. Hacker not only changed password but changed ALL contact information.

So I included contact information in my emails for help. Still no response. So ended up opening new account but have lost All posts and information saved on my Facebook page. No help at all in any way - easier for a hacker to hack your account than for you to recapture your account. They need a phone number to call and hire at least 1 Customer Service Representative!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Social media is becoming more of a necessity in today's world. For example, if you want to sell things you no longer need instead of pawning it off at a yard sale, then you can use Facebook's marketplace. I actually sold quite a few things using this service. Electronics: pc accessories and game consoles sell quite well. Group projects for school will often use Facebook for less formal communication, in addition Zoom and email. Employers can even look you up on here before making a hiring decision, when in reality they should maybe just use LinkedIn.

Regardless, back in 2018 I had seen Facebook Ads doing damage-control of the privacy lawsuits. Which resulted in everyone being able to download all of the data that Facebook acquired. At the time I had sympathized with this company that "connects us with our friends and family". But then in the next year or so, I saw the updates that put limits on users' ability to access their settings, making it hard to manage what was going on. The recent new look of Facebook for the PC is masking the goal of hiding settings. Furthermore, I read articles this year that show that Facebook monitors user browsing on phones after the app is uninstalled. If this company cannot be honest, then why should the consumer support them?

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Horrible experience with Facebook promo. Paid for Facebook ads and spent hundreds, then they started taking advantage and charging me before my promo was even finished. I paid $200 and they wanted the full balance of promo before it was even done. When I contacted them about it, lady Claire kept saying they understand the frustration but they had a new way of charging people. Will never deal with the promos again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

We are forced to accept Anti-American Communist Propaganda Agendas. More Specifically any truth and exposure of lies. They are creating fake fact-checkers in addition to censor truth. If we speak out against it we get blocked and it’s called Hate Speech. American Patriots beware!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

I responded in jest to a comment on Facebook. It was an ongoing joke about Capricorn men..It was NOT hate speech in any form!!!! This blatant censorship is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!! I’ve seen post condoning racism and hate that have gone unnoticed for years!!! I’ve seen posts with men reenacting hanging slaves but those posts go untouched!!! Ridiculous!!!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2020

A friend of a friend wanted to be friends. Long story short after talking for a while he ask me to send him a $100 iTunes gift card to that he can contact “our son”. I have no kids. We also found out that his picture belong to someone on LinkedIn. Reported to Facebook with evidence (messages and fake pics) and they said he did not violate their policy. So reported incident to the FBI and FTC.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I bought a rivet tool from Jenyfoy for 29.95? Even asked after the sale about it, they sent me a bag of screw, didnt open the bag, just told mailman refuse the delivery. Now no refund, no reply, nothing. I always thought Facebook was better than that. This is the second time I got scammed on here, how do they allow their viewers to always get ripped off by these Chinese scamming outfits.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

I just posted an image of members of the elite 101st Airborne Div at Normandy holding a swastika flag that they confiscated. The byline said that these were "Antifa thugs" fighting right-wing groups. Clearly, it was stated in a humorous and sarcastic way. Facebook removed this post. Shows what Fb's position is!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

They hacked my Facebook page and found my debit card and credit card. They cleaned out my debit card so I have no money. They tried to use my credit card but I was able to catch them before it processed. Now they have hacked all my social media accounts. I have no way of getting a hold of Facebook, Google or Microsoft. They have changed my passwords on all my accounts so I can't delete the accounts because I can't get ahold of anyone from those accounts.

They ordered $690 worth of merchandise and groceries to pick up using my card. Walmart had plenty of time to call police and catch them. Instead they closed my account and the hackers walk free. These people could have been caught. Walmart knew the exact location that they were going to pick up the stuff at! I needed that money to pay bills and get groceries. Now I have nothing.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I accidentally uninstalled the app and authenticator codes don't work. I try many ways to log in and no luck. I contact them with no help. I end up making another account, this time I use SMS text code and it worked, while authenticator codes doesn't work at all. Angry Grandma the youtuber has the problem too, can't get their account back, if you people knows her, check on her community and tells you more. That just sad, how Facebook treat people like that, shame on them.

Facebook Company Information