1.07/5
Based on 118 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1303 Facebook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 10, 2018

I am sick of Facebook blocking my ability to post reviews. A positive review I left for Thai Navy Seal that received around 33 likes was deleted the next day and my ability to review blocked. Yet they will allow cyberbullying and harassment.

Original review: June 22, 2018

When attempting to change information on "Page Roles" Facebook requires you to give password, then wants to confirm by sending an email for you to respond to in order for the change to take effect. The problem is that the email they say they sent never arrives. No, it isn't in the Spam folder. It simply never arrives. What the heck is this about! "We’ve sent a confirmation to ** to make sure it’s a valid email address. Your ad account contact info will be updated once you’ve confirmed your email. If you don’t receive this email, check your spam folder."

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 1, 2018

I have a hidden app on my phone called FB PUBLICIS and it keeps popping up ads. I've reported this to Facebook support centre but without any luck at all. I do not have suspicious apps on my phone and I've blocked all settings with regards to Google ads or any ads. This is something from Facebook. I cannot uninstall Facebook because it is "glued" to Android driven phones. I can only disable it, but it does not work. These Public ads are driving me insane. I cannot do anything on my phone. It started 3 days ago and it's getting worse by the minute. I also did a software update but still no luck. I feel this is Facebook's responsibility to remove this Publicis app from my Facebook profile. I even backed-up all my data and files and re-installed the software, but no luck at all.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Facebook doesn't give a crap about this so we're mainly just venting to each other. The only hope is that one day a better service will come along and leave it in the dust. Like many others here, my account, which I've had for 9 years, was disabled without notice or warning, for no reason at all or as it appears at least since Facebook doesn't explain anything. They have no customer service. All of your complaints are handled by computer scripts.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Just don't put anything you care about on there and maybe you'll be ok? FB threw me off, I sent the required documentation repeatedly and they provide no response, no resolution, and they just don't give a ** about you or your account. In addition to hurting my businesses, I missed my daughter announcing her college, my 10th anniversary and will now miss my 50th birthday. They say they don't "know" me after 8 years on FB, placing ads for my businesses, and running a number of Homeland Security and other pages. It's a horrible, horrible company that we are empowering every single day. You have no recourse, no one to talk to.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: May 15, 2018

Facebook disabled my whole account without telling me why, without warning. I tried to log in to my account but I couldn't. Facebook disabled the page that I created for my art business, that had over 1,000 likes, that I paid hundreds of dollars to Facebook for likes and other advertising. I sold a lot of art by advertising on my business page.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Facebook is very liberal and very bias against conservatives. If you post a comment that Facebook does not agree with they will block you from posting for a given length of time and tell you: "Your post was not up to community standards." I feel this is a violation of the 1st amendment of the constitution and suppression of free speech!!! I am extremely disappointed in Facebook and I don't understand how they can continue to get away with this federal violation.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg testified in front of Congress that the social media site does not allow for hate speech. Facebook does indeed does allow hate speech and LEAD DEADWOOD CLASSIFIED AND FREEBIES. Admin was contacted on numerous occasions regarding cyberbullying, electronic harassment, hate speech, and threats of violence that was first initiated by the social media crowd on this site for about a couple days at the end of April 2018. I took screenshots and contacted local law enforcement. I reported this situation to Facebook under the community standards and was advised that comments made did not violate the Community Standards. Yes Zuckerberg, they did in fact go against the community standards. I asked for this group to be banned and I have yet receive a response. Violations go against Title 18, U. S. C. subsection 1992 and this group that posted comments should be banned effectively immediately.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I just started a business if I hadn't spent only half my day trying to figure out Facebook's lousy create a page system that kept having issues. Then after hours of work and editing I gets locked out my own account and prompt for a cell number to verify. Well how in heck am I to do that when I didn't have one on my account? How stupid and a system be really so I continue to place my cell number and it say ENTER VALID CELLPHONE NUMBER, so I tried a different format because obviously this stupid system doesn't know it's a valid cellphone number. Didn't work.

Tried several other cellphone number belong to my account. None worked. Place a landline number there and now it's stuck on. Stupid trying to send a freaking code to the landline... smh. Now I am furious. No way to solve this problem, so I create another page. Same exact situation all over again. Don't bother with the feedback. I gave 35 feedbacks and no one contact me. FACEBOOK IS A WASTE OF TIME FOR BUSINESSES.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Tried several times to review Facebook here. They must pay Consumer Affairs a lot of money to prevent bad reviews. Because of my "not in line with FB way of thinking" I and several people have been frequently banned from posting. Has anyone else had this issue? They now are using Artificial Intelligence programs to scan through people's posts and delete them. Our freedom of speech is being trampled on by FB.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I signed up for Facebook in March 2018. I only have 13 friends. Everything has been fine so far. Until I went to log on April 9 2018. I have not posted anything offensive or wrong. Once I logged into my account. I am automatically logged out. A message pops up saying that my account has blocked because of unusual activity. I was just on there last night. Nothing was problematic at all. I was told to provide a photo to verify my identification. I did that. Then I was told my picture will be reviewed and they would get back to me. That I am being logged out due to security reasons. I have not been able to access my account since. I need access because I am a part of a theater group. They post things that are important for me to know. Like if rehearsal is cancelled or pushed back later. What the heck is wrong with FB? I am not happy with the way they are treating me.

Original review: April 9, 2018

My original Facebook Business page was terminated without warning or excuse. I had over 100 five star reviews, 35k talking about this and thousands of followers. A few weeks later a client asked me if I opened another salon in Tennessee which is when I found out about the first fake page misrepresenting my business. I started to tell clients don't post or like any business pages with my salon name on Facebook. Then I found another page that misrepresents my salon. They found pictures that I posted online they are offering services that I don't, they welcome everyone to just walk-in yet I do not take walk-ins - this is a reservation only boutique salon. People have been trying to come to my salon same day interrupting guests during their private sessions! They all say they found me on Facebook and it says walk-ins are welcome!

I also stopped answering my business phone because of this because the people who call that find me on Facebook always call for same day sessions or ask how much services are that I don't even offer! The reason I know they found salon on Facebook is I always ask who recommended. They terminated new Business page after I reported the fake pages with proof! The fake pages now show up under Google search! Facebook refuses to even acknowledge they exist. They "looked into it" after I sent them the proof of the fake address and the proof of where the pictures came from side by side on google images - they responded that they don't see the problem!

Original review: April 6, 2018

If people say awful things about our President, they get pass. If you say something about Michelle Obama being a hater, you get Facebook jail. It's called the First Amendment, Facebook **. What can we do to pull Facebook's license? They should not be on the internet if they won't obey the First Amendment.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I'm a political blogger and use Facebook to market my work to my fellow citizens. FB took money from me then disabled my account the next day. Nothing in my work violates FB terms. I cannot get a response from them. Only a company with a monopoly would do something like this.

Original review: April 1, 2018

My account was disabled. I sent in my DL and it was restored only to be disabled again 72 hours later. I sent in my DL AND Work ID and was told that even though the name on mt DL/work ID/FB matched I was disabled for pretending to be someone else, that my name was fake on my account.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I posted a video from another website. Nothing bad. It was a humorous video about people doing silly stunts to music. I get told I am Banned for 30 days because of it. Thousands watched this video without issue or complaint. But instead of giving me the benefit they just ban you. No appeal. No questions. This is pathetic. Does anyone actually review what their staff is doing in their name? After their current trust issues and falling revenue they would want to keep their customers happy.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Facebook keeps disabling my account, I'm not doing anything wrong, anyone can look at my page and see I'm not violating anything. I have sent in a pic like they asked, done everything they asked and they still disable it. I will be able to use it for a few hours, then disabled again. Why not just look at my post and see I'm not doing any wrong?

Original review: March 24, 2018

This what I posted on Facebook and was blocked from posting for 24 hours. "We Removed Something You Posted. It looks like something you posted doesn't follow our Community Standards. We remove posts that attack people based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, gender or disability." The demos have already violated freedom of speech and they will not quit until we are a socialist government. That's the reason for the Second Amendment to stop a tyranny government. The right to bear arms and that's is the only thing that stands between us patriots and these leftist idiots.

I had made a earlier comment about watching what you post because big brother is watching after hearing of the breach about political propaganda. I believe the shared post to which I commented on was a set up by a group because this had according to Facebook rules at least 10 people has to turn your comment in and nothing was said that should have gotten me blocked.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I all of a sudden keep getting blocked from my own page. It says I am abusing the features by going too fast. That's a load of crap. Like today it has not let me post even one thing on my page. Not one. This is stupid and they need to remove this block. I bother no one. I just post my page every day and play games. As you can see by my page I have quite a following of people who love my page. Never DID this before. I am very upset by this and fed up. Why? Just all of a sudden you start this? Please remove this stupid block.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I tried to send money to my brother through Facebook messenger and he never received it. He wasn’t able to figure out how to attach his account to receive funds. The money was supposed to be refunded in 7-10 days but I never received the refund. I’ve had over 30 messages back and forth with their help desk and they have not refunded my money. “Laura” continues to ask for my brother to contact them. He has sent them multiple messages but they have not responded. I asked for this to be escalated to upper management but they have not responded. They do not have a phone number for assistance. DO NOT USE PAYMENT IN MESSENGER!

Original review: March 20, 2018

I have received several repeated emails, some of them very distasteful, from people "claiming" to be my friends that are ONLY on my Facebook account. There is absolutely no other way that these people could have been accessed. I want someone in high security to contact me immediately.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I reported many fake accounts and scammer profiles to Facebook and they removed some but kept most. I used to use Facebook a lot but since I was scammed out of a lot of money from a fake account, I rarely use it anymore. Seems like Facebook is now Fakebook because they're allowing scammers to take over and let the scammers continue to scam innocent people like me. Shame on you Facebook!!!

Original review: March 10, 2018

Once again Facebook disabled another account my account for no reason and when I try their form I end up getting nowhere on an answer of why my account was disabled. Now I'm sitting here trying to find help outside of Facebook to get this fixed.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Went to report someone recently, only to discover that if you want to report them for hate speech or literally anything sexist, racist, abusive, etc, you have to classify it as "annoying". Now, I would say that there is never a good time to remove something like that, but the fact that Facebook would choose to do that now of all times is stupid and screams problematic. But what does it matter in the first place? Not like they actually help members when you report something anyway.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I tried joining Facebook on 2/26/20018. After messaging a few long time friends, the following day 2/27 Facebook requested another picture which I sent immediately. All day said picture was under review. The following day, my account was cancelled. I submitted an appeal on 3/1 but was never answered or given any reason why my account was cancelled. I once again on 3/3 tried to open an account on Facebook. After messaging a few other friends, same thing with picture came up and got cancelled. Facebook refuses to make any kind of contact with me via email to tell me why I can't have an account with them. I have also filed a petition on Twitter to force Facebook to give me some kind of answer and reasoning why they refuse to contact me.

Everyone I contacted I was friends with in the past, but now separated by distance. I have not seen them in nearly 20 years and figured might be nice to contact and get updated on how they are doing. A few friends had responded before my account was cancelled for no reason. I see no issue with the photo I submitted to show is really me as is only a few days after I took one for my driver's license. Here is the picture.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I write conservative Christian articles and essays. When they are shared to my Facebook account they are immediately flagged as spam. Soon after my account is blocked. Facebook is extremely biased toward Christians. Facebook is unconstitutional and threatens 1st amendment rights to freedom of speech. I have been blocked from Facebook numerous times for this.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

This happened to my mom right in front of me about a month ago. She randomly got a message from someone she didn't know saying her request to connect on Messenger had been approved. She did not try to connect to this person. Within a minute, it said she had successfully sent them $200! We tried to cancel but it went through too quickly. This happened on the computer, so I took a pic with my phone. Within 3 minutes from when they were connected on Messenger, everything was gone. There was no message to this person anymore!

Since Facebook has linked up with PayPal, we disputed this payment with both and the claim was denied! We then took it up with the bank, who also denied it. They all three claimed it didn't seem like "unusual activity" since money has been sent through Messenger before. The money that was sent before was a donation of $50 while we were surrounded by crazy wildfires. Never has a large sum of money been sent to an individual. I'm planning on leaving this review on PayPal as well as the bank, in hopes I can be connected to someone who has gone through this and successfully disputed it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I rarely use my Facebook account, however I went to log in to it and I got a message saying my account disabled. I did not give any false information or violate any regulations that I am aware of. Have made numerous attempts to get the issue resolved from the worthless Facebook Help Center. That Help center is a joke. Then it wants some sort of files etc. An absolute nightmare. No phone number or customer service. Zero help or info from Facebook.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

While actual hate speech runs rampant on the Facebook platform with no action taken by Facebook on most of it, I am currently sitting in Facebook jail for 3 days for suggesting that people block a troll rather than engage with them. It's rather odd that benign comments land people blocked from Facebook for days at a time whereas racial slurs, religious discrimination, sexism, homophobia, and plain bullying all result in a "this doesn't violate our terms of service" message. Facebook's automatic moderation algorithms are broken and Facebook doesn't appear to care. They don't have to care either. With Facebook, its users are the product they're selling to advertisers.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

I have repeatedly reported fake news, sites, obscene language on Facebook multiple times. They ALWAYS just give me a pat answer on how to block or not follow the fake news. They are a HUGE part of the problem with fake news these days. I would love our do nothing congress to act on this and other fake news websites.

Facebook Company Information