1.06/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1329 Facebook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Facebook should not disable account especially the people who decide that are outside the USA. They also collect ID so they can sell them and they make more money. Then when they are caught they claim that they were hacked. The company should be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been got cheated from FB Marketplace. She had taken my order through FB on WhatsApp and didn't provide me products and also take all products money in advance as saying prepayments and didn't provide me any product. She had taken 6500 rs. Now you say what do I do. I have all proofs and chat of WhatsApp which she had chat. Her name is Kausha ** from Bhavnagar and she has also blocked me from WhatsApp. Also she sells now. Also pls report her. She had blocked me that's why I can't. Also I want my money back so pls report her. Kausha ** is her FB profile name. She lives in Bhavnagar in Pooja Flats Wakhavadi which is too far from me so do solve this and I want my money back. She is ** ** bloody seller!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have been a loyal FB business user for three years and built nearly 10,000 followers on my business page and more than 2,000 on my personal page for FB to generate advertising revenue from. I use all of their major competitors and more and more than two months ago changed my page name with all of them easily including the search engines as well. When I needed support I even got it from humans.

I requested the name change more than two months ago with FB and the lead time is supposed to be 3-4 days. The change is perfectly within their guidelines but nothing happened, I regularly reported it and got nothing but automated responses thanking me for my feedback or apologizing for technical issues. After about a week and a half, I started reporting it every day, and submitting my complaint to their community every four days. I have only had two responses and the best I got was advice to report the problem, even though I clearly explained I was reporting it every day.

After another couple of weeks I realized it was pointless complaining to them, so now in addition to all that every four days I share my experience on external sites. If anyone else out there is experiencing the same or similar things, you are not alone. FB is getting enough bad PR right now but ignoring us. If we join forces maybe they will listen, even if it is just responding to my comment here. Best from a baffled and disgusted FB user, putting it politely.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

One foreign person who was unknown to me, reported me to FB that I seemed to be bullying him in a general group panel over USA politics. I replied him in a comment along with many other folks, “You are too dumb, and should be staying outta USA politics..." (Nothing else, no profanity words.) Poof. I got suspended over this... for 30 days!! FB even threatened me if it’s next time, will be banned from FB forever... Baffled, isn’t it!?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I set up a new account a few days ago and every time I go back to it, Facebook blocks me out until I offer them more personal data. They are holding the site hostage to get more private info off of me. Second: They required a photo of my face. This took several tries and several photos. Specifically, they want a passport style photo so they can scan a biometrics ID of my face. Then they held me out of the site for two days until they could verify. The next day I went back to the site and they blocked me out again on the same photo request. I resent the photo they approved before, but now they no longer accept it. The same thing happened when I tried to connect through Instagram. At this rate of non-access, Facebook is unusable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Many times my posts are deleted for violating their standards. Last one was just saying I'm offended as a ** person by all the ** shaming, etc... No threats, no inflammatory words... But I've reported many that out and out call for killing law enforcement and it always comes back that it doesn't violate their community standards!!! It's time they face charges and fines for this.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I made a few mistakes on my password or setting up my e-mail account on Facebook, and it has been a nightmare of frustration since. I have advice for any who experience such difficulty, and that is to never create a new password or a new e-mail address- because then things only become worse. Thinking I could simply create a new e-mail account with new password has led me to being blocked by every other site I have since tried to log into. Every site says that my new-and old- e-mail is non-existent. They say I have no identity, and that I am under security watch. I have wrote Facebook a dozen times- but they do not care. They do not even have the respect or courtesy to respond in a way that resolves this issue. So I will call the Better Business Bureau and explain what has happened, and see what transpires after that. I only wish Facebook cared enough to talk to me like a real person would. But they could care less.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Today F/B suspended me for 30 days. I wrote on F/B - CNN post and said: "You mean "Feminists" who are basically female Marxist Communists who only support Communists to run the Gov't who would take away our freedom and choices? They are dumb women in my opinion." F/B said this was "Hate Speech". 30 day suspension. They basically proved what I said was true by shutting down my free speech for a month! WOW, little ole me is such a "Threat"... Lol.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I just created a Facebook account today for the first time ever. Facebook disable my account twice, in less than 1 hour. I have not done anything but add some family pictures and search for other family two other family members so that I can add them as friends. Facebook's reason for disabling my account was to review my picture and to protect my security. Frustrating me is not protecting my security or helping me in any way. This is my first experience with Facebook and it is terrible. I do not regret staying away from this website since it was created at all. I wish I did not create the account and am seriously thinking about deleting the account permanently. I am not a patient person and can't deal with pointless roadblocks. I was excited to create the account today but I currently hate Facebook.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

On September the 27th 2018 my account was disabled for Facebook and Instagram. I don't post political/hate/spam. I post once in a while random things that are positive or things that make you think. I send happy birthday messages on people's timelines when possible. When not I’ll shoot them a message and say it to them. I don't go and mass add people I don't know. I only add people I know. I was put in charge of a group because no one else wanted it, it has around 3700 people in it. The only time I send any of them messages is if they are violating the rules of the group and I usually send a you are violating this rule. Please don't do it again or you'll be removed from the group and I provide the rule they are breaking and that's usually the last I hear from that person.

For Facebook when I appealed they gave me the generic, “Sorry you are ineligible to have your account back and for security reasons we can't tell you why your account has been disabled.” Facebook owns Instagram. When they disabled my Facebook they also disabled my Instagram and said I violated the Terms of Use. I reached out to the Instagram side of the company and got nothing back from them about my account. So I sent out another request that all my data be given to me and then removed from their systems both Instagram and Facebook since they terminated my use of their services. I no longer consented to them profiting off my data. I've heard nothing back from them and I feel like I’m gonna have to take legal actions against them to get my data back.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Have been a member of Facebook for yrs, suddenly got a notice when trying to log in that my privileges have been suspended for 24 hours, for what reason I don't know, there is no way to contact them to dispute reasoning, dont even know when suspension started or will end! This is so very wrong, be well advised people. This is a horrible way to treat people. I am a disabled senior and counted on FB for some way to communicate with outside world. Sad the way they treat people, no respect.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I have my profile as private as Facebook will allow. My friends list is set to "only me" and the only people who can search me add me are "friends of friends." Last night I got 15 spam friend requests from people in Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Ohio, New York, Nevada, and other random places. There must be a website somewhere that compiles random profiles and sends them out for friend requests without the user's consent. I have exactly 9 people on my list. I don't need thousands of people reading my feed. Facebook doesn't care.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

This is a bias organization. I get booted off for trying to do what is right by stopping someone who was bullying others with his comments about them being "DUMMIES" "Snowflakes" and calling people "FOOLS" But instead of reading the whole piece of the comments, YOU automatically boot me off. Why? Because I mentioned GOD or the Bible? Because I said creep?

Because here is the whole comment I made to him, "Eric ** then quit being an insulting dummy. Who are you to call others out for grammar? No better than anyone else... You can't be kind NO one taught you how to act like a HUMAN... Calling people FOOLS gets you a ONE way ticket into Hell did you know that? Read a bible once in a while it may teach you some well needed manners and ETIQUETTE. Not that you know what that is either. By the way if you want to know what a true snowflake looks like go look in a mirror CREEP."

That's nothing compared to everything he had done to so many people that day. He went from post to post calling others names after names but NO One in your organization looked at all the evidence now did they? YOU are to blame here for NOT looking at the evidence before you judged. Call it what you want but there are many more worse things people say what I did and calling people **, **, and telling people they are snowflakes and ** etc should be more for you to worry over than my kind of comment.

People show **, and ** and guns, knives all on FB. They talk about kicking people's butts etc. I have reported some of these issues only to be told it does not go against FB. Really? So it's ok for all to pull their pants down and show all their ** on FB because you won't care. Then why is it that half of the USA laws DO care? Did you know that just pulling your pants down to take a leak will get you thrown in jail in most states and in some it will get you on the SEX offender list. But it's ok to do it on FB. Really then you care nothing about the laws of the USA states do you? FB doesn't even follow their own rules. It's a BIAS organization to say the least. They pick and choose who can say and do what. NO one gets treated the same of fairly.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Facebook Acct. disabled TWICE for NO reason - After researching Facebook who currently has 2.3 billion users worldwide, I write to you. I’m not selling human beings, Taliban recruiting nor using hate speech but my account was disabled. I simply opened a new account and that was just disabled an hour ago! I’m simply selling items inherited as an income source after being laid off. There is NO customer support, despite the billions made by FB. FB seemingly doesn’t have the money to hire live customer service reps nor even an online chat system. In the meantime, they're a monopoly that sadly runs people’s lives.

I say this because I live far from family & having one’s account disabled compromises a vital source of communication w/ family but also w/ my community that has a page in order to communicate w/ residents' issues, warnings, etc. Here’s what’s infuriating, I visited a “forum” w/ the same numerous complaints to get some guidance. There were numerous numbers listed & being desperate to remedy the situation, the numbers were contacted only to find that they are a scam outside of the U.S. Now here’s what's truly unbelievable & disconcerting is when going in to make a comment, the “disabled user” (me) is unable because the forum IS ACTUALLY UNDER THE "FACEBOOK UMBRELLA”!

My account was disabled, yet these scammers have accounts, seemingly ignored by Facebook. I was told that FB is very aware of these scammers outside the U.S. How could they not? These people are on an actual FB page!! After speaking w/ an attorney, they said that this could very well be a Homeland Security issue. After comparing my items to their policies, it was determined that there hadn’t been ONE violation & perhaps a class action lawsuit should be attempted. I’ve not found ONE attorney that’s willing to take on FB. FB has had its share of problems & is wading into dangerous territory when they randomly pick accounts to disable. I know you receive zillions of letters & comments but it would be unconscionable to not report these international scams that are going on under their very noses! I thank you & I so hope this message gets to you sir!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

My account had suspicious activity and had been and still is locked. I have tried every recovery method but all I get at the end of each is an error: "Sorry, something went wrong. We're working on getting this fixed as soon as we can." Considering this company has all of my personal information and sells it for a profit they could at the very least reach out to me via email or call me. Nope. No way to actually contact Facebook at all. I have had to create more than 50 NEW passwords in the past 48 hours just because my recovery is looping. How is anyone supposed to get their account back if all they get is errors?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I am looking to buy a truck. I found some for sale on Marketplace. When I ask where is the vehicle located I got, "I'm in another state and I will have vehicle shipped. I am in the military and I am about to go overseas." I found several like that.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

I was setting up a new FB account and I put two pics of myself on the account. I changed my profile pic and suddenly got kicked out for NO REASON. All I did was change my profile pic. Now it's asking me to send a photo of myself to them to have reviewed. It's been over 15 mins and still no feedback. I'm very concerned with what Facebook is doing to my pics... It's an invasion of privacy. What are the staff doing... ogling people's pics? Get real. People shouldn't need to have their profile pics 'reviewed' just for changing it once during set up. Very pathetic and therefore their violation of privacy of people's personal photos needs to be reviewed. I don't need a dirty FB perv ogling my pics thanks.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Facebook has blocking me, again, for another 30 days. This is very unfair, and a strict violation of my Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion. I do not threaten or hurt anyone. I am NOT scamming or trolling or hacking. No posting nudity or threats. I need my Facebook Account Active NOW...!!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

My FB acct was hacked 5 days ago by a scam group called the Bitcoin Trading Community. First, they posed as my friend and got me to invest money because I didn't know my friend's acct was hacked and then after I stupidly sent money in, they closed my fb account down, blocked me and are not using my account to promote their scam trading group. They are pretending to be me and now going after my friends. It has been impossible to contact Facebook. I set up another acct with a different name to write up the problem and then they shut that account down, asked me for a photo of me, which I sent, and then said it was in review?? I also wrote to them by email and no response. I heard it can take up to one month for them to respond, but meantime, they have ripped off others --- I find it crazy that there is not a way to easily contact Facebook and prove my identity. I'm not sure what next steps to take.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

Hello: I asked Facebook for help THREE times in the past ten days, to NO avail. For the past 10 days, I've NOT been receiving my friend's posts, and my "PROFILE" page will NOT load. Someone has been messing up with my Facebook page and it's NOT me. Instead of helping, all I've been getting from Facebook is: "Thank you for your feedback"??? :-(

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I purchased a faulty product through Facebook marketplace. I went to their policy page to see what I could do to get satisfaction. Facebook policy page states: "To return a Product: (i) you will need to initiate the return through the Facebook return mechanism." It does not explain what the "return mechanism" is, how to find it on Facebook, or whom to contact to help you find it. Apparently, Facebook has no customer service number OR email address.

In addition, Facebook's policy page states that Facebook's policy page states that "If you and the Merchant are unable to resolve the dispute after a reasonable period of time (which in any event will not exceed 10 business days), either you or the Merchant may escalate the dispute to Facebook for informal mediation. " But, yet again, there is no explanation anywhere on Facebook that explains HOW to escalate a dispute to Facebook customer service for mediation, OR any customer service phone number or email addresses to help you locate someone who can find that information for you. Facebook Marketplace claims to facilitate returns of faulty merchandise and to mediate disputes between sellers and buyers, but clearly they are not interested in doing either. Everyone, stay AWAY from Facebook marketplace.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

It has been the most horrible experience for me. Drama, drama and drama on there and you report pages and groups and people. Whoever is working behind the reporting is not doing their job and they need to get fired. All my harassment and stalking started in 2010 on there. My husband and my friends they know who starts it and they come in and defend me. There is a page about my son's school shooting that has been reported and they will not take it down. Needs removed.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Opened a msg from someone else and FB blocked me. Was told to send a pic of myself holding numbers they provided and I did. Weeks later I am still not able to log in. Had FB 9 years and will be done instead of making new one. The process should not be this hard and they should have a department to contact someone considering it's a billion dollar business! Sucks. There's goes years of memories and pictures!

Original review: July 19, 2018

Me and my family have been getting threatening and harassed for over a year now and Facebook won't do anything about it. They keep saying is block her and she keeps on making more fake profiles just to harass us. The police department won't do anything about it so we all have deleted our Facebook and I will never use it ever again.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I've had dozens of issues with Slotomania on Facebook and have spent hundreds of dollars over the years buying their coins in order to play just to have their slots rob me of winnings only to be told that it was due to my Browser, that their log says I was paid when I wasn't or I must be using an old PC and/or have a slow internet connection (I run Quad I7's at 3.4 GH, 16M of ram, with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 with 4GB of VRAM on a 100GBPS broadband internet connection). When Slotomania does decide to "benevolently give back coins" all I've ever seen is 1% or less of my losses. But this last issue takes the cake! I joined one of their challenges a "Quest" where you have to play a gauntlet of difficult slots in order to get through and win a large prize at the end. I did and I did quite well then I moved on.

Within an hour I hit 2 major Jackpots and racked up coins totaling over 107 BILLION coins. After which, without any interaction from me, my bet kept changing to 900 MILLION. No I did not hit the MAX Bet key and in fact I changed and lowered my bet back to 25,000 a couple of times only to have it change back to the 900 MILLION coin bet again, which BTW is the MAX BET allowed and the normal warning screen that should have come up did not. I reported the issue to Customer Service on 7/5/18 and have yet to get a response or my coins back. I'm waiting for one of their canned answers, IE. it's my Browser. Well we all know that browsers don't do that sort of thing.

They might screw up in other ways but they sure as heck aren't going to change your bet all by themselves and my account hasn't been hijacked unless Slotomania did it as if you have that many coins you're not going to be buying any for some time to come. Fact is their FAN Page is always full of complaints and the first thing you hear from them when you open a ticket is that they have so many that it may take some time before they can get to your case, which wouldn't be the case if they'd fix the dang issues. Well I've been cut out of posting on the Fan Page, no reason given so between all of the issues I told them today I wouldn't be back until or unless I got my coins back but I'm not holding my breath because that 107B coins is worth $400.xx in their coin store. Think that may be a reason for them to do that?

Original review: July 17, 2018

Facebook doesn't investigate anything anymore, they use an algorithm that is very critical about pictures. Also someone can be offended by something that is a joke, for instance a picture of some man's pants and call that sexually suggestive and anything anyone reports as SPAM, one is blocked for a week, even if it wasn't advertising since they don't bother to actually check anything. Terms of service violations for anything is unfair if a human hasn't investigated it. People who are conservative offend liberal people and people who are liberal offend conservative people and both report each other. Facebook blocks people for being reported not because of an actual violation but because someone of opposite opinions calls your post spam or suggestive or offensive, which is an objective thing.

I see people on here reporting that Facebook is unfair to conservatives, which is the opposite, actually. Because Mark Zuckerberg, the owner and founder of Facebook is a delusionally clueless conservative who says things offensive to most people because he was born a rich schmuck who became rich and famous in college because of the app. I have only been given a Facebook block twice 1) because I posted an image that I saved from Facebook that someone else posted and it was reported because some old wuss over sensitive pansy didn't like it and 2) Facebook asked me to pick a nonprofit to start a fundraiser for and then allowed someone I suggested to ask for a donation (which I don't like to do but there isn't anyone else to suggest except your friends). That is a trick which gets people to unfriend you, by the way so DON'T fall into that trap.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I am sick of Facebook blocking my ability to post reviews. A positive review I left for Thai Navy Seal that received around 33 likes was deleted the next day and my ability to review blocked. Yet they will allow cyberbullying and harassment.

Original review: June 22, 2018

When attempting to change information on "Page Roles" Facebook requires you to give password, then wants to confirm by sending an email for you to respond to in order for the change to take effect. The problem is that the email they say they sent never arrives. No, it isn't in the Spam folder. It simply never arrives. What the heck is this about! "We’ve sent a confirmation to ** to make sure it’s a valid email address. Your ad account contact info will be updated once you’ve confirmed your email. If you don’t receive this email, check your spam folder."

Original review: June 1, 2018

I have a hidden app on my phone called FB PUBLICIS and it keeps popping up ads. I've reported this to Facebook support centre but without any luck at all. I do not have suspicious apps on my phone and I've blocked all settings with regards to Google ads or any ads. This is something from Facebook. I cannot uninstall Facebook because it is "glued" to Android driven phones. I can only disable it, but it does not work. These Public ads are driving me insane. I cannot do anything on my phone. It started 3 days ago and it's getting worse by the minute. I also did a software update but still no luck. I feel this is Facebook's responsibility to remove this Publicis app from my Facebook profile. I even backed-up all my data and files and re-installed the software, but no luck at all.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Facebook doesn't give a crap about this so we're mainly just venting to each other. The only hope is that one day a better service will come along and leave it in the dust. Like many others here, my account, which I've had for 9 years, was disabled without notice or warning, for no reason at all or as it appears at least since Facebook doesn't explain anything. They have no customer service. All of your complaints are handled by computer scripts.

Facebook Company Information