3.8/5 (732 ratings)

About Facebook

Facebook Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

Facebook Meta Platforms Making Unauthorized Undocumented Charges without Invoice. If you are one of the advertising partners placing paid ads, there is a good chance Facebook incorrectly charged your credit or debit card, your Paypal or your bank account. That's what happened to me. And the process of getting your money back is next to impossible when you try to resolve the issue directly with Facebook. Most people tend to take the fight up with their credit card company to get the charges reversed, but in this case it won't work, because the charge was placed by METAPLATFORMS to my Paypal account, but because at the time when METAPLATFORMS was placing the charge, my Paypal account balance was $0.00 (zero). So Paypal has sent the Facebook's charge into my bank account.

What's strange (bizarre) that neither Paypal nor Facebook did not invoice me for the charge and did not document it at all. I can't report it as FRAUD to my bank since the charge came via Paypal and Paypal is not cooperating well since the charge went into my bank and is undocumented by Paypal. While Facebook or Meta Platforms or Meta or whatever else name they disguise themselves under and their ads payment support and all this maze of Facebook/Meta supports denies the charge and is asking for a reference number for that particular unauthorized undocumented uninvoiced charge while there is NO reference number under my bank account, only the following description: INST XFER ID: METAPLATFOR INDN:"MYFIRSTLASTNAMEHERE" CO ID:PAYPALSI77 WEB Other Payment".

I have provided this and screenshots to Facebook, but they are foiling throwing kicks and are ignoring my evidence. Clearly they must have allegedly charged millions or billions of users for the same or similar amount just to make more money. And Facebook has already charged me for a legally INVOICED (documented and agreed upon) amount for the ad they were running for me for a limited period of 7 days (and a full stop).

This is a NIGHTMARE and I have now blocked Facebook from being able to remove even more money from my Paypal and bank accounts by removing Paypal payment method from my Facebook business ads page, but now Facebook posted the following under "Go to Account Quality" which is located under /accountquality/ — ACCOUNT RESTRICTED "We couldn't process one of your payments. Pay the amount due to run ads again." and "Can't run ads" — not that I want to use Facebook Ads (Meta whatever) ever again though.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Greater investigation, coding need programmed into Marketplace detective software that seeks out abuse of community standards. Relying on Facebook user complaints is fine as a starting point for abuse. However, the cause of abuse, as in my case on 2 separate accounts, have been a result of a hacked account. This, of course is a much more serious situation than abuse of standards. This is a vulnerable position regarding Facebook privacy, security and presence on the world's market for META.

I can verify, and your technical team can as well using my accounts, that I definitely have been hacked 1-year ago and again recently and my experience can be used as a test bed. This hack is real and happened twice to my Facebook accounts. I have been hacked on my Facebook page. Someone placed a scam Marketplace advertisement and somehow associated it to my account. This happened November 10, 2022 to one of my accounts and a year plus ago to my ** account. In both instances Facebook took away my Marketplace access. Same advertisement both times. I opened the second account with a different ID and password. It was fine for a year. Then, deja vu all over again.

I'm a 77 year old U.S. Army, disabled, combat veteran using Marketplace to make a living with a small, legitimate business. I only say this to point out that I'm not a complainer for the sake of complaining. I depend on Marketplace for my livelihood. Please contact me if you wish. Here is information for IT folks to start with. The telephone number for all of my Facebook accounts: ** (my cellphone). Email addresses: **. Home address: **. My name: Don ** (The ** is my mother's maiden name. Not my choice of middle names for a male child). Thank you for reading this. I believe it is a serious enough event for both myself and META to warrant investigation.

Don...

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Facebook has blocked me from sharing photos and videos on it. Thats why I am unable to access and connect people. Please unblock me from posting.

Facebook blocked me From very long time.. that's why I sustained a huge loss. UNBLOCK ME FROM POSTING.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Facebook allows these racists to continue with inappropriate racial comments about what ** folk is doing such as slavery, beatings, etc. A man wrote a nasty comment and this writer responded and FB bans me for 30 days. He continues to make racist comments without any Repercussions. Fb should've banned both parties not one.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

Today my posting and commenting features were suspended by Facebook because in a public group, I was bullied by another commenter for the second time in a week, and I responded by telling her to stop being a b8tch. After a moment's consideration I went back to the group page to change my comment, but I found that Facebook said my comment violated its terms of service and that I am suspended for 24 hours. Very weird because the bully did not get suspended, and more importantly, the whole platform is an epidemic of cyberbullying, content unsuitable for children, fake accounts, conspiracy theories and yes, swear words. I'm 65 and use my account for helping animals and keeping track of friends and family. I'm not there to pick fights. I actually cried both times I was attacked in this group. And there isn't even a way to contact Facebook to appeal. It's all computerized so there are no humans in charge. I think it's time to delete my account.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I am a fan of Enya the Irish singer. I have many friends on Facebook that are also fans. I had a group Enya - A Journey In Music and we were sharing Pictures of Enya and artwork done on Enya photos. Facebook shut down my page with no warning nor reason. I have sent my Driver's License and they made me do a video as well. I just today sent my license again to them and they still are not wanting to reopen my page. I am being bullied and harassed by Facebook employees and I am not the only one who is being Harassed by them.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Facebook, in light of certain scandals, has upgraded its security. It was embarrassingly caught peddling conspiracy theories, not protecting user data, and selling user data. The company has now implemented shiny new security measures, most of which do not protect users from its nefarious practices. As a result, my profile is locked and will not be unlocked. I logged in on a different device. Facebook found this suspect and locked my account. This is irritating, but it isn't the problem. Where there a reasonable way to unlock my account, I would be sharing kid pictures with my relatives and not writing this review.

In order to unlock my account, I need to show Facebook official Identification or financial statements; a very sinister request from a company caught selling user data. I have not taken leave of my senses, so I won't be giving Facebook even more sensitive information to unlock my account. If Facebook wants to die as a company because it won't stop stealing user information, that is a choice. Bye-bye, Facebook!

Original review: July 28, 2022

I recently had my account disabled, apparently someone took over my account. I tried emailing, calling - which never leads you to a live person just a recorded message no matter what number you call, messaging, Twitter, FB account, I even filled out a form....no one ever responds. 30 days later after I requested a review, got no response and account was removed no warning or reason given. I have spoken to others with same experience...no one can talk or contact anyone. It makes me wonder why they don't want people to contact them? Seems a little odd...especially for a "social" media company. I definitely do not recommend as you will never be able to contact anyone at any time if something goes wrong, you will just be disabled and all friends and messages lost...some messages were very important that I wanted to keep. It is almost as if FB has something to hide or purging out certain people.

Original review: July 24, 2022

Facebook is the WORST app I’ve ever been on. The posts that I see Facebook allow is next level. You can DEFINITELY tell. The racism, sexism and abuse seen on Facebook is next level. They claim to care about “diversity” and “inclusiveness” but they definitely DO NOT. You can tell the people that runs Facebook is RACIST AND SEXIST AS WELL. I’m shocked that it’s even still around.

Someone was called the N word and the comment was allowed to stay up, even now. It was on a post on Brightside. They wrote it in Filipino and there was the option for translation. The person responded but not with a racist word or anything and they were put in Facebook jail for one month. So I guess ONLY ** people get banned but racists and ** supremacists are allowed “free speech”. I reported the n word comment and Facebook responded saying it doesn’t go against their standards so it wasn’t deleted and if I don’t want to see it I can hide the comment or block the person. Absolutely disgusting how they allow abuse. I deleted my account.

Original review: July 3, 2022

Again I've been banned for voicing my opinion. My neighbors were setting off mortar fireworks scaring my dogs and risking the safety of my home. What does Facebook do? Ban me for TWENTY NINE DAYS!!! Get your ** together facebook, seriously!!!!

Facebook Company Information