2. Miscellaneous

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.14/5
Based on 3,177 ratings submitted in the last year

Facebook Reviews

Original review: May 31, 2020

This is a free social media service, so we hardly have the right to complain. The only things I do want to point out is that the "fact checker" has been caught in lies on several occasions. I don't think it should exist at all. People will believe what they want to believe no matter what. Then there is the new scrolling bar on notifications. It is difficult to move if the user has a shaky hand and a lot of people have disease or illness that causes their hand to shake, but would like to be able to navigate notifications to keep in contact with friends and loved ones.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Facebook is a great way to stay in contact with your family and friends. It is completely free and I highly recommend it. I’m able to upload as many Photos as I would like. I’m able to see the news and keep up with the day-to-day festivities. I’m also able to invite my family of friends to 30 of it I keep up with invites that I was invited to as well. I like that they notify me of events coming up because I often forget.. I would highly recommend.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Facebook would be better if its mobile design was less buggy. I can't update certain aspects, such as my profile likes, personal info, or even my rectangular photo (the one above your profile picture), unless I'm on the desktop version. Also, the alerts are SUPER annoying, so I've finally silenced them all. I was in high school when FB first debuted, so I've pretty much been with them since the beginning. I stopped when it got to be like this "mom/dad-aged crew, hey old junior high pals, we're all in our fifties now!" kind of arena. It has become the old fogies' platform, or people complaining about their lives, or red button drama (politics, religion, current events). It was great when it was the way to keep tabs on your ex-boyfriend, to make sure he's not doing better without you, but now it's just not useful.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I enjoy Facebook every day. Recently I've joined several groups and some of the posts are incredible. One group has such a variety of posts between humor, beautiful videos to baking and cooking. These posts are from all over the world and really give some new and awesome ideas for the table. Learning about different cultures is one of my greatest interests so I get much pleasure from watching. One of the other groups is my high school. It's very small without much money and the alumni is loyal to the bone. I'm just sorry I didn't join earlier.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Facebook is free to use and is a good place to express yourself about anything from politics to jokes. You can post pictures and such however, I would never ever post anything personal because you would not want to invite strangers into your lives. You never know who might steal your personal pictures and use them nefariously. In addition, you do not want people to know when you are away from your home on vacation. I only use it to post political stuff and to tease my sister and friends. Other than that, Facebook is a good way to stay connected on social media.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: May 24, 2020

When African Americans voice their opinion, particularly when it comes to defending certain remarks from other Groups - Facebook will interrupt the African American's Post. Suspend that Account. Force them to upload a photo and ask for their telephone number. NONE of this is done to Caucasians who voice their opinions about African-Americans - even when the Post is obviously Racist.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Facebook has disabled my account twice in the last month. No explanation, no nothing. I have tried to communicate with them, and have provided my driver's licence to prove that I am the owner of the account. NO response whatsoever. I need this account to communicate with my father who is in assisted living during the pandemic. Can someone please help?

Original review: May 9, 2020

Facebook is censoring everything. There is so many things are blocked so we can't see them. We have the 1st amendment and Facebook is trying to take it from us. I think they violated my first amendment and I'm gonna ask my constitutional lawyer Monday. I'm gonna try to get this put on Fox news also. Our first amendment is under attack and I put myself in harm's way defending it.

Original review: May 5, 2020

Plenty of useful features that offer a wonderful experience if you're strictly social networking and incredibly effective in reconnecting with certain people. It's become an archive of many friendships that include conversations, photos and much more. But sadly, this application has become incredibly inconsistent with its advertising. You often see sponsored advertisements that are clearly fake news outlets, posing as a credible media sources trying to promote some money-making scheme.

Within just 10 minutes of browsing, it is IMPOSSIBLE not to find a scam that is basically sponsored by Facebook. Most recently, there has been fake CNN stories promoting a fake Anonymous cryptocurrency. I've reported these posts about 20 times, but every few days the entity sponsoring the post will change to another alias. Sometimes, after purchasing an item through a Facebook advert, they will even BLOCK you from commenting on the brand's page or posts. I've been incredibly disappointed with one of my purchases, but I cannot share this review on the SAME platform that it was advertised! And I'm still being targeted for these adverts! So imagine being reminded of a poor purchasing decision, every time you log into Facebook! How frustrating!

Original review: April 30, 2020

I have a major issue with Facebook. I have had to deactivate three accounts because of technical issues I was having and when I try to get the issue resolved it redirects me to a page that doesn't not have anything to do with the issues. And it is my strong opinion Facebook is not as safe as they want you to believe and it's my strong opinion Facebook is a platform that is the most likely to be hacked and personal information Facebook requires is at jeopardy.

Facebook Company Information