1.04/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1351 Facebook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I accidentally locked myself out of my account, have no way to get in, and the only way I can directly speak with anyone at Facebook, is by emailing the memorization request page. They ignored my other messages, which they even admit they might not respond to. The issue is that I don't have many privacy settings set up, and anyone can post on my wall or tag me without me approving it. Not smart, but now that I want to change that, I can't!

I emailed Facebook to ask for help, and they responded with a bunch of ways to get back in. I responded telling them how none of this works for me. I forgot my password, and have been logging in by clicking my name (a new option they came out within the past year or so), I had to get a new phone number but couldn't change it because I didn't know my password, and somehow it's not set up through my email, so I can't verify through there, and I had to get a new phone and I have no computer so I can't verify through a trusted device. I have NO way to get in, and that sounds stupid, but it can happen to anyone.

I accidentally broke my phone, had to get a new one, and found myself locked out of Facebook because of it. I had been trying to set up a legacy contact, but could not get in to do that. The only way I kept logging in was because I stayed logged in on that device. And Facebook doesn't care, even though I am no longer able to control my privacy settings. In fact, someone tagged me in a post that all my friends saw recently... She was trying to start drama, accused me of stealing from her and damaging her property, and basically trying to ruin my name. That's actually the reason I emailed Facebook, I told them she was going to, and they did nothing to help me. And I'm now unable to protect myself against vicious personal attacks. I can't believe this is happening, it's like a nightmare.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The censors have banned me for posting a pic of Fred G. Sanford insulting Aunt Esther, calling that 'hate speech'. If that's hate speech, it was fine for TV when originally broadcast, & fine EVERY time it was broadcast in reruns. I have numerous message requests from MY customers wishing to purchase items that I had posted for sale, but I have no way to reply to those customers, therefore, Facebook is costing me my livelihood, in addition to denying me contact to my nearly 5,000 friends and followers. Correction, a while back over 1,000 friends & followers disappeared overnight in an apparent Facebook PURGE of conservatives.

How long will Facebook be allowed to dictate who users are allowed to be in contact with? Since they have been ruled by numerous courts to be 'the public square', and therefore required to observe the US Bill Of Rights, I believe they should be sanctioned by the courts & required to pay restitution and punitive punishments for these violations of the US Constitution for deprivation of rights in these matters. Even while I have been banned from any interactions on Facebook, I have received another 'violation' for some post from some time in the past which I don't remember. So they are actively searching past posts, looking for ANYTHING which MAY be used as another violation of their vague & left leaning censorship rules. If Facebook insists upon communist policies, they should be ejected from The United States & take up residence in a communist country, NOT the USA.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

When Facebook locks down a personal account to authenticate the user's name, any conversations that user had with friends, colleagues, etc via the Messenger are tagged with the following disclaimer in lieu of the user's responses: "This message is no longer available because it was identified as abusive or marked as spam." That is, for the next 24 to 84 hours while Facebook's censors review the user's ID, the user is displayed to the world of their friends as an abuser, spammer, or otherwise a social media criminal. One would think that for a multi-billion dollar company with 25K+ employees, they would be able to program a message that clearly distinguishes name authentication lock-down from abusive behavior lock-down. Really, Facebook, this lack of attention to detail is truly MORONIC.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

There's a bunch of fat broads on there telling me I'm not a real man unless I love curves and accept every woman at their worst. Quotes from philosophers get 2 likes, a ** taking a selfie 3 feet from the crapper gets 200 likes. The people on there are dumb as hell and get offended by everything. The site has a liberal bias so If you embarrass people on the left too many times you'll start getting banned for any little thing. I got a 30-day ban once for saying to kill people with kindness and another time I got one for saying women are leeches. You can't have any kind of opinion outside of theirs or you get punished. The site is **. It's a bunch of dumb boomers and millennials competing to see who can be the biggest victim online. A bunch of butthurt morons and ** with daddy issues on that site. Smh.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I wish Facebook could be held accountable for their blocking people from using their platform for arbitrarily and incredibly inconsistent reasons. I made a sarcastic joke and got blocked from posting for 30 DAYS. No warning or anything. Not only that, but I appealed it, and the ban was upheld in LITERALLY 4 MINUTES! They were somehow able to process that request for review within 4 minutes. Of, course, you cannot get a hold of anyone at Facebook. Such total garbage! I will support every effort to hold Facebook accountable from now on. I will also be deactivating my profile. I'm done with their fickle garbage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Someone hacked my Facebook account then they changed all things, I could changed my password. But I couldn't change my details. Today my Facebook account is disabled. I don't know what's happening. I can't open my Facebook account.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I have been a FB member since 2009. I belong to several groups and administrator in several. Earlier today I went to comment on a post and found out I was blocked!! Went to support inbox and it said something I posted went against FB community standards and I was not allowed to post or comment in any of my groups. There is NO picture or comment or reason listed as to what I posted. I have appealed this decision several times asking why but have not received an answer. Ironically the groups I posted in before this block came on at 1 pm were Christian-based groups. Facebook needs to up their game on this bs. I see naked women on pages, blood, violence, sexual acts, etc but I am banned for posting in a coffee group? Seriously? This issue and many others need to be resolved. You would think a multi million dollar business would have better customer service.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Since 2008 I been customer of FB. First account after 8 years been disabled. No real explanation, second account after 3 months and now third account 48 hours. Right before Xmas can't contact my family. Nothing. I write countless emails, nobody responded, ever!!! I never post nudity or spam. Just music. I'm independent Musician in Toronto. Shame on you Facebook... Shame...and I can say clearly that I truly hate you.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

FB told me I could not post links to 2 articles by an award winning Canadian journalist, from a well known mainstream Canadian news site. They told me the links to these articles 'violated' their terms of service. Crazy... There was even a FB share button on the articles but when you try to share from there they tell you content is blocked because people on FB have complained it is abusive. ARE YOU kidding??? A few people complaining about a journalist's mainstream article can get it blocked from sharing??? One of the articles by journalist Roy Green of Global News in Canada is "Roy Green: Waterboarding is illegal, yet chronic pain is tolerated". This is blocked by FB as being abusive content.

And then...when I post a complaint on my FB page about their dictatorship...they close my FB account. Seriously...this is beyond suppression of free speech when they are censoring mainstream journalists' news articles and then closing your FB page when you complain. Somebody needs to start holding FB accountable for their tyranny over billions of FB users. I have a lot more to say about how they close FB accounts at will with no explanation and this mobile device. I do not even have a mobile device. So every time they ask me for a mobile number my FB is done because I don't have one and there is nothing more I can do.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Facebook have locked me out of two accounts without providing either adequate justification or allowing me recourse to any action to retrieve my account information and delete the account. I am quite certain the lock-out is politically motivated due to my critical stance on Israel and Zionism. None of my posts were actually mentioned and no formal complaint has been made make specific allegations. Before the lock-out I was attacked vehemently by a UK charity called the "Campaign Against Anti-Semitism" who accused me of being antisemitic. I am Jewish and I do not believe any such accusations would stand up in a court of law. Therefore, Facebook are applying arbitrary standards in locking me out.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Alas last 2 days ago I have a message saying that it violated their terms that promote hate speech but I post nothing hatred on my group what I assume done by other poster(s) suspecting political discussion. I always respect freedom of speech. Too bad sometimes assumed as hatred to community by Facebook. They never warning or give chance. This is public concerns. Most of them didn't get it back. I have spent a lot efforts and time to build group eventuality get vanish just one button from Facebook and accusation remain mystery. For years, Facebook actually know appeal form is not working, but they never bother it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Locked account after I was given sim card with spyware. I factory reset my phone and was locked out. It has been 3 days. I've verified through email and sent 3 verification photos with codes. Still nothing.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Facebook has clearly bullying people who done nothing wrong. No posting, no commenting much... They let pedophiles, racist and fascists to post whatever they want, and just block people who done nothing wrong! When asked them to show why exactly they are blocking you for, they ignore you, and give you no info. Obviously because there is none, and they just picked you out of many users, and decided to bully you, just because they think they can... This is very sad, as more and more people are getting annoyed with this kind of their behaviors. Social media should be safe and pleasant experience for everyone, rather than get constantly bullied, where they say their community standards is against bullying, child molesting, pedophiles and fascist... They are the fascists themselves!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have been with Facebook for 12 years and I have been using it in business for 10. I have created almost 20 separate pages that I use for various books that I write. I am an historian and write books on history... mainly pirates and Maritime subjects. All of the ads that I use on Facebook are mainly designed to target my blog site and the articles that I write.

A month ago Facebook charge me for the balance in my account and then deleted my business account. When I went through procedure debating this, I was asked to provide a picture of my driver's license to prove my identity. I've never heard back from them. One of the messages in the very brief correspondence was that they did not support my business method. Again I am an historian and wasn't really trying to do business per se, just get people to look at what I write. They have also put flags on all the payment methods that I used and I am unable to a put them on any other account. I feel like I have been beaten up by a bunch of bullies whole took my lunch money and left me naked in the hallway! I guess because they feel like since we don't actually pay for them money for the accounts, they can basically do whatever they want. Still they made money from my ads! What kind of business doesn't want money!!?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

FB deleted my account. They claimed it was reported as being fake. No matter what I sent for proof they did not let me back in. They Used facial recognition to do it, after I opened a new legitimate acct. I did not give them permission to use facial recognition.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

If for any reason you closed your account and tried to create a new one later, Facebook will lock you forever, and also never sent me the backup downloaded profile and never responded to the form submitted. They are very discriminative.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Facebook keeps locking me out. They let me back in today then locked me out again. I made up a new account and 10 minutes later I'm locked out of that one. No explanation. The only reason I keep going back is because most support groups are on Facebook these days.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I have been restricted, banned & blocked by Facebook for sharing & posting motivational, inspirational& spiritual memes & posts to the humanitarian groups & pages I am following & a member of ??? This has happened to me several times & my objections & complaints always fall on deaf ears???!!! According to Facebook it goes against their community standards??

I'm constantly being flooded & bombarded by ads promoting ** enlargement, erectile supplements, solutions & therapies as well as people recommendations with profiles displaying ** & drawings/caricatures??? AND YET!, I'm being targeted, restricted, banned & blocked from aiming to spread hope, inspiration, motivation, kindness & compassion to all human beings??? I strongly feel that this is the highest form of hypocrisy, double standardized discrimination & harassment on the social media platform ever!! How can a corporation such as Facebook behave in such a dictatorship, controlling & abusive manner towards its millions of users & members around the world?? It's appalling, despicably disgusting & abhorrent!! Shameful & undignified in every sense means!!!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Facebook disabled my account for posting an article you can Google proving the original commenter was a woman abuser via a local news source. There was no profanity just the link and me saying the op was a stand up guy sarcastically. Said dude even threatened me in my inbox for posting the article and presumed to post my entire address on the internet.

I in turn posted just his street number with street blacked out. Op reported me but also blocked me first so I was unable to block and report his behavior. Here we are 3 months after the fact and I can no longer post on my account even though I didn't break any of FB community standards. This is appalling. I have seen and reported people for threats (promoting assassination) on FB and FB chose to allow them to remain. However I post an article proving a man has beaten a woman and FB chooses to ban me and doesn't allow me to defend myself.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

Last week (this is November 2018) I opened a new account with my real name, verified email and phone number. The same day, it blocked me without warning despite no known violation of the terms of service and demanded a selfie, which I uploaded immediately. Attempts to log in were futile for the next day, so I went to the appeal page and like a good sheep uploaded a scan of my government ID. No contact, and unable to log in. Next day, attempting to log in shows my account was DISABLED.

Opened a new account under my other email, followed all the rules, no content whatsoever except a profile pic and cover pic - and just a few hours later, another block and demand for a selfie, dutifully uploaded. If it's disabled again - that will be THE last time I ever attempt to use FB in my life. What on earth are they thinking, demanding images of peoples' ID after blocking them for no reason and without warning? What exactly are they up to, and how can they think they'll get away with it given what they've been through with the Senate hearings? Appalling, bizarre, downright creepy behavior from some very twisted people!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Facebook suddenly disabled my account without any reason given after I made a complaint which Facebook unpublished a page which I just opened. I did NOT violate any rule. I did NOT receive any warning. The appeal button of the page is broken. You clicked on it but it redirected you to the home page. Facebook acts like an autocrat.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Facebook should not disable account especially the people who decide that are outside the USA. They also collect ID so they can sell them and they make more money. Then when they are caught they claim that they were hacked. The company should be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

We have been using FB for many years now. While browsing our page few days ago we received a request from FB to upload a full face photo showing our eyes. We complied. A few minutes later we was ask to provide a phone number which we did and received a text code to re-login. When we try logging in we keep receiving this message. “You Can't Use Facebook Right Now. We're reviewing the photo you sent us. We're always looking out for your security, so until then you won't be able to use Facebook”. This has been going for almost a week now denying us access to our page.

While FB is denying us access to log in for unscrupulous reasons Facebook continues to spam our inbox and there is no way to unsubscribe from such unwanted e-mails because we are unable to Log in. This is a classic case of Facebook deceptively enticing people to give up their personal information, once it’s collected into their database, Facebook proceeds to abuses its discretion by deny the same persons it has conned from using their site. As Facebook has been hit hard and restricted by the European Union for its various scams, I think there is case to be made nationwide in US District Court up the US Court of Appeals level that Facebook is intentionally engaging in Unfair or Deceptive business Acts or Practices against US Citizens.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I have been got cheated from FB Marketplace. She had taken my order through FB on WhatsApp and didn't provide me products and also take all products money in advance as saying prepayments and didn't provide me any product. She had taken 6500 rs. Now you say what do I do. I have all proofs and chat of WhatsApp which she had chat. Her name is Kausha ** from Bhavnagar and she has also blocked me from WhatsApp. Also she sells now. Also pls report her. She had blocked me that's why I can't. Also I want my money back so pls report her. Kausha ** is her FB profile name. She lives in Bhavnagar in Pooja Flats Wakhavadi which is too far from me so do solve this and I want my money back. She is ** ** bloody seller!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I have been a loyal FB business user for three years and built nearly 10,000 followers on my business page and more than 2,000 on my personal page for FB to generate advertising revenue from. I use all of their major competitors and more and more than two months ago changed my page name with all of them easily including the search engines as well. When I needed support I even got it from humans.

I requested the name change more than two months ago with FB and the lead time is supposed to be 3-4 days. The change is perfectly within their guidelines but nothing happened, I regularly reported it and got nothing but automated responses thanking me for my feedback or apologizing for technical issues. After about a week and a half, I started reporting it every day, and submitting my complaint to their community every four days. I have only had two responses and the best I got was advice to report the problem, even though I clearly explained I was reporting it every day.

After another couple of weeks I realized it was pointless complaining to them, so now in addition to all that every four days I share my experience on external sites. If anyone else out there is experiencing the same or similar things, you are not alone. FB is getting enough bad PR right now but ignoring us. If we join forces maybe they will listen, even if it is just responding to my comment here. Best from a baffled and disgusted FB user, putting it politely.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

One foreign person who was unknown to me, reported me to FB that I seemed to be bullying him in a general group panel over USA politics. I replied him in a comment along with many other folks, “You are too dumb, and should be staying outta USA politics..." (Nothing else, no profanity words.) Poof. I got suspended over this... for 30 days!! FB even threatened me if it’s next time, will be banned from FB forever... Baffled, isn’t it!?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I set up a new account a few days ago and every time I go back to it, Facebook blocks me out until I offer them more personal data. They are holding the site hostage to get more private info off of me. Second: They required a photo of my face. This took several tries and several photos. Specifically, they want a passport style photo so they can scan a biometrics ID of my face. Then they held me out of the site for two days until they could verify. The next day I went back to the site and they blocked me out again on the same photo request. I resent the photo they approved before, but now they no longer accept it. The same thing happened when I tried to connect through Instagram. At this rate of non-access, Facebook is unusable.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

Many times my posts are deleted for violating their standards. Last one was just saying I'm offended as a ** person by all the ** shaming, etc... No threats, no inflammatory words... But I've reported many that out and out call for killing law enforcement and it always comes back that it doesn't violate their community standards!!! It's time they face charges and fines for this.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I made a few mistakes on my password or setting up my e-mail account on Facebook, and it has been a nightmare of frustration since. I have advice for any who experience such difficulty, and that is to never create a new password or a new e-mail address- because then things only become worse. Thinking I could simply create a new e-mail account with new password has led me to being blocked by every other site I have since tried to log into. Every site says that my new-and old- e-mail is non-existent. They say I have no identity, and that I am under security watch. I have wrote Facebook a dozen times- but they do not care. They do not even have the respect or courtesy to respond in a way that resolves this issue. So I will call the Better Business Bureau and explain what has happened, and see what transpires after that. I only wish Facebook cared enough to talk to me like a real person would. But they could care less.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Today F/B suspended me for 30 days. I wrote on F/B - CNN post and said: "You mean "Feminists" who are basically female Marxist Communists who only support Communists to run the Gov't who would take away our freedom and choices? They are dumb women in my opinion." F/B said this was "Hate Speech". 30 day suspension. They basically proved what I said was true by shutting down my free speech for a month! WOW, little ole me is such a "Threat"... Lol.

Facebook Company Information