Facebook

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Facebook has no customer service phone number. It is hard to correct problems. It is an invasion of privacy to send a government form of ID to get back into an account I set up with them. Why are they not held accountable? We should be able to eliminate accounts, reset passwords and contact Facebook. It is very elusive and frustrating. I have used the same computer since 2009 and FB locks me out of my accounts because I am not logged into a recognized device. Please make FB more accountable for the consumer and our protection of privacy of our information! Maybe they need a lawsuit by consumers to wake them up to their management responsibilities and make them more accountable to consumers.

Facebook for business owners deserves zero stars. Facebook allows businesses to sign up as a business with no authorization needed like all other major online ad networks. Into 3 weeks of having a Facebook business only page, I have several ad campaigns running on Facebook. Since my login is frozen today (I can't cancel the ads) the login error says I need to send verification. Facebook continues to use and charge my credit cards while locking me out of both my business page and ad manager account. This seems to be unethical and illegal. There was no ID required prior to Facebook accessing my credit cards. Of course, even for business owners, Facebook has no direct support line. I've written several emails outlining the irony of their policy to the Facebook Ad, Sales, and Privacy departments and of course, no reply to my emails!

Two major issues: Locking business out of controlling their use of their credit cards and unnecessary gathering of citizens' DOB, social security, Driver's License without a true reason for such fishy activity on their part and dubious lawfulness of such requests. Facebook is just an advertising hub. With such poorly managed customer service, I'm betting advertisers will leave Facebook in record numbers and a few lawsuits should follow.

Facebook sent the California highway patrol to my house because of continued complaints I posted regarding the DMV and their treatment of disabled people and driver's licenses. Have diabetes, get low blood sugar in the privacy of your own home once, call the paramedics, and presto you don't have a license anymore.

Facebook locked me out from my own account! Then asked for verification. I sent my ID and this is what I get. Still can't log in: "Unfortunately, you won't be able to access your account while we're reviewing these additional documents. We appreciate your patience, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can." -- what the hell is this??? CAN THEY do that??? Just to shut someone's account which has been working well for 8 years?? This is something more than disgusting. I don't know what to do with this. Anyone can help?

I tried failure on ID. Sent numerous emailing with photos and ID. Sent my Driver's license. Mailing address photography. Numerous documents of who I am. Still 0 response or nothing from Facebook. I feel like Lawsuit should happened. I don't care about Mark Zuckerberg at this time. Went on a friend account. Showed my ID. Face-wise This is **. 6 ** months and no ** word. I get email then I log in. "We are trying to check to see if you match your ID." GO ** YOURSELF FACEBOOK. STOP BEING A **. GET ME BACK IN POS FACEBOOK.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Facebook managed to "get in early" on global networking apps, & thus dominate the market. And if someone new to networking wants to talk to people they already know, then it makes perfect sense to join the same app that their friends are using. Unfortunately, this early domination of Facebook has meant a lack of competition, causing a lazy & careless attitude from the Facebook staff. One thing is for sure is that many people experience many problems with Facebook due to its poorly designed interface, with confusion about how to alter privacy settings, knowing exactly what they even mean, unknowns regarding whether others will be "tagged" in posts, etc. I think the worst thing is how all the unanswered & "Closed" questions in Facebook's "Help Centre" go to show that the "management" team simply can't be bothered help people with their issues. This leaves me to wonder exactly what the Facebook team spend all their time doing.

One recent utter annoyance is that by writing someone's name in a post, Facebook no longer gives the recipient a Notification, but actually adds your post to their Timelines as well. Previously, this was only done by using the "Tagging" feature within the edit window. So now we have a situation where one of two separate functions have been changed to the other, meaning that now both methods provide the same result. Now it is not possible to simply send a notification to friends along with your post that may be particularly relevant to those select few. That is, unless the carelessly "experimental" Facebook team have now made this function the result of a completely different method. Who knows?! And even if we did know the way to accomplish a specific task in Facebook, who knows when they will modify setting again?!

I only know that when the Facebook team change settings, do not inform its users, & furthermore disrespectfully "Close" unanswered questions on their own "Help" page which is specifically designed to answer peoples' questions. Many of its users find themselves in situations where they confuse, agitate, or even downright anger their Friends with actions that unknowingly encroach upon their privacy.

I was blocked from FACEBOOK by another client falsely; From what I received I was impersonating someone else, and was blocked by that client on their word;

This has locked myself out of many accounts as I use Facebook with name and password; This has happened by others on Facebook, because of my comments against the Trump administration, if one calls it that; Yahoo has also lost my account? Never a use of foul language so they force myself out with Lost, or Impersonating another person, on the word of one client; I'm afraid this is what America is in for, the death of the 1st amendment; I would like to know if others have this similar problems.

Facebook has several things I object to: Requiring real name. Can fake it, how can they check as long as it's human sounding and you don't change it too much and cause a "red flag". They have default settings like making friends appear in public and you have to go in and reset things to private. They have no right to "display things in public" without people's permission. Any problems with another Facebook account being abusive, sending you spam, etc can't be rectified the right way which is to delete the offender's account. Instead you report things and usually nothing's done - offender's account stays. All you can is to block abuser's accounts and shut off chat to them since anyone "out there" can send you messages even though you've blocked them. But you still have their messages in the inbox and have to delete them later if they pile up.

People are many times being asked to send in their I.D. to no avail. I haven't had this happen luckily but good to leery of. No private website has a right to ask for personal documents - it should be against the law. Facebook is typical of privately owned websites, they have policies that stink and people can take advantage and delete you for no reason. Even the owner's themselves of many sites do the deleting/banning personally because of a "power trip". Sickening.

There is no contacting Facebook "people". It's all automated replying and any emails found by Googling them are either also automated or are dead and go nowhere. Pretending "someone will read them" is a con artist's idea and Facebook's founder is a con artist for doing this. Running a website and making $$$ off it using "con jobs" should be illegal and he should be in jail for FRAUD.

I've encountered the above from personal experience, like right now I have a fake impostor Denver Police officer and cannot get his attack/scam account deleted. Facebook, as usual, sends auto replies while trying so it's typical... The impostor felon stays there. Advice - Never put any place what you don't want to lose. Be prepared to get deleted, banned, whatever anytime. It may or may not happen, true, but at least be aware of it. Never use real information to set up accounts. Too many abusers/weirdos take advantage and get you with it. If site asks for it, fake it, if you don't know how to Google it for that site itself - there are how-tos to help you out. You need to do what's needed to protect yourself on places. I've learned long ago and Facebook is no different.

I have had a 10 yr old Facebook account with the same name -- a hyphenated initials only of my last name at the time and my full first name. It was a name chosen after recommendation by an attorney to either never do social media, or must use pseudonym because of a very unstable ex who was a hobby hacker as well as threatened to harm me multiple times as well as engaging other unstable people to come after me, particularly of ex-military types. In addition, my current career differs from my political views, and any personal social accounts found would harm my career permanently.

So- after reposting a number of NYTimes, Washington Post, CNN type articles recently, following Robert Reich's reports and others - I had some direct complaints to me from my circle of REAL people that I met in person first --- but took a suspicious poll on POTUS popularity. Within a couple days, Facebook received a complaint about me as 'fake' and 'abusive' and FB demanded govt ID and they would remove my name and change it to match my govt ID. When I explained my personal security reasons as to why I am using initials- they refused to listen and demanded they have all copies of govt ID as posted and they would NOT give up on changing my name and instead sent me their privacy options (which I am very good at and use, but Facebook's security systems are severely flawed as anyone who has been hacked there knows!!!).

When I wrote details about my background further, they still refuse to allow me to use my last name initials only and when I showed them utility bill copies with only the first initials of the last name hyphenated shown, they said that I had to provide full name copies or I will not be allowed on. 10 years of tagged photos and almost 400 contacts, most of whom I do not have current phone or address to because of moving and traveling so much for work --- I AM NOT ALLOWED. This may be trivial to many people, but I wrote to everyone I could and will continue to do so.

Basically here is why: Many reports of pedophiles able to attack children forced to use real names, women stalked, people harassed. I am known for that name on Facebook - and being my 'real' friends, they either know my real name or forgot it and still prefer to find me under that name. I deserve to have ownership of my own photos and contacts; if they want to block me from everyone else -- FINE. I want my friends lists so I can let all of them know (if they have not found out yet). My friends have been writing to Facebook on my behalf and have been IGNORED. Facebook is now a part of blocking the first amendment by allowing anyone to cast complaints on any person without the same political or other belief systems.

Facebook took the time to report all of my messenger lists to all of my messenger contacts looking for me on the day they did this to me--- as me being 'reported to be abusive or spam'---- just because I am not a 'famous celebrity' doesn't give Facebook the right to slander me in anyway. I have the screen shot to prove they did exactly that. My account has never been 'hacked' yet-- perhaps a show of how strong my name choice and security is?? Meanwhile, nearly every person with a 'real' name that I know has been hacked in the last 2 years. My entire name is too unique, middle, previous and current last name-- and Facebook owns the rights to my profile pictures and makes it publicly searchable. So any and all privacy settings are nullified because Facebook let me believe I could maintain personal security all this time.

The laws in my state say that I must physically be injured before anything can be done to any 'ex'. Thanks Facebook-- you basically told me you would rather see me dead than allow me my anonymity for security reasons. If ANYONE has any means of getting through to Mark Zuckerberg himself - or reporting just how many people have been injured due to his nonsense staff-- I would like to know.

Account disabled. So, I made a mistake and hit the button that I was impersonating myself thinking it was the easiest way to nuke my secondary account created by mistake. Bad move. I don't have the same friends on both. So upon learning this I asked FB to restore the one account back thinking that they weren't going to nuke the other account. Wrong answer. They did. I have been sending in appeals now for over 48 hours and they still haven't gotten back in touch with me so my ex husband has claimed ownership of the secondary account but I can't get them to give back the great account.

I tried to log into my FB account and got a message that it was suspended for impersonation someone else. They asked for and got my full name, Dob & passport photo. I have not gotten a response. I see many similar complaints and now worry that my info is out there for anyone to see. I cannot fathom that the owner of Facebook would allow this to happen to their many fans. Extremely disappointed that a multi-billion $ business does not have a support unit.

I have been using Facebook for many years now. I am a old lady and I have cancer. I went offline for a while to deal with my health issues. I had problems logging back into my Account but managed to do it in the end by going into my email and changing my password. I then got a message from Facebook saying my account was logged in from a different location Istanbul. I contacted Facebook then I noticed that there was untold credits made from my account for gameplay and it is not a game I have ever played.

So I told Facebook this but they would not help me. Now here is the strange thing my credit card that I had on the account had expired and I did not update it. I even sent Facebook a copy of it but still they did not want to help or know about it. They refused to reimburse me after proving evidence about my card not in use. Can anyone help me to get my money back? I have contacted the police and my bank who told me my card is not usable if it has expired. HELP PLEASE!!!

I have been going back and forth with FB since some jack-wagon reported my account for the 3rd time... they have sent a total of 10 emails in back and forth "conversation". They are signed by different "Bots". Do yourself a favor... if you ever need to deal with their customer service people... realize that it IS NOT people but scripted auto-bot software that writes back. It picks up on keywords then sends a long email full of boring rhetoric. It's easily detected because the responses make you keep asking more probing detailed questions... only you receive the same scripted response. You can say, "Kiss my Ass you Moron" and the reply is the same. Cox did tell the World that they would make changes to their identity verification policies protecting certain groups or making certain exceptions for people using Alias' but he did NOT mean it.

Once you are reported, FB asks these questions of you: Are you part of the LGBTQ community? Are you **? Are you a victim of Spousal Abuse? If you mark any of them, they sell that information to their advertisers. They also send you countless auto responses and have ZERO solution for you. They told the LGBTQ community and their spokesperson "Little Hot Mess" they would make exceptions, but they never did. They never will. So, the fight may keep going but FB is not going to change their policies. The odd thing is, the people that report you have a few questions to ask but they are in no way told on or reprimanded for erroneous or malicious flagging. So please share and make this go viral. All the people out there that want their privacy, forget it!

Why doesn't Facebook have a customer service phone number? It's impossible to get a hold of Facebook. A multi Billion dollar company should make it easy for people to contact them for help when needed. My Mother is locked out of her account and they are asking for a photo id. Is this for real or some spam site trying to get her information?

Since when can a company ban you for nothing, shut down your account, connections, pictures, memories all for some abstract violation of their terms they wont even tell you about? Email them and no response, very dystopian and creepy. You feel like you have no human rights at all.

I have been on Facebook like many for years, but I have to say the way they are so bias and unfair to the rest of the world that does not agree with them and their views, is DISGUSTING. I had noticed before Trumps presidency, that I was always being looked out for posting bible verses, and posting anything that contradicted their (Facebook) views. I know this because all Christians were going thru the same exact issues, being blocked out and posts removed because of our Christians views. DISCRIMINATING against Christianity seems not to be one of their policies. FACEBOOK was always claiming that what we posted, was against their SO CALLED POLICIES. Since when bible verses are against any policy??

Another one, is when you speak against ISLAM, exposing the Islamic faith by debating is also according to FACEBOOK, NOT allowed, even though you had Muslims, CLEARLY telling us Christians that we will be BEHEADED and that ALLAH WILL CONQUER, and mocking Jesus, yet you would read mockery against Mohammad, and you the Christian would be the one being blocked. HM yet those posts are still there till this day, and when you would report them, GUESS WHAT, they will tell you that they are not violating their so called POLICIES???

Now that Donald Trump is President, they are constantly going after republicans and all that support Mr Trump, they block you claiming you are violating their so called POLICIES, yet all you are doing is defending the attacks against OUR PRESIDENT, or reporting REAL news, CAN WE SAY BIAS. I'M CONSIDERING FILING A LAWSUIT against Facebook's CEO, for their VIOLATION of freedom of speech, bias and unfair treatment of all Americans, and discriminatory attacks against all Christians. FACEBOOK will go down in history as the worst most bias social media of its existence, nothing lasts forever.

Today I was locked out of my account suddenly. Facebook demanded that I submit a photo of government-issued ID in order to be let back in. I did so, reluctantly. From what I'm reading, it sounds like a lot of people have been permanently locked out of their pages, even after complying with their demands. This is ridiculous. I have been on the site for years. Now, suddenly - even though I'm using my legal name and have been from Day One - I've been shut out because of this for, as near as I can tell, no reason whatsoever and it appears I have no recourse but to wait on THEM to decide if I'm actually me or not.

I have been blocked for days at a time with no clear reason. What was the particular a post caused the block. Just a vague "see community guidelines". There is no way to alter one's actions. There is clear reason why an account was blocked. Also Facebook leaves millions of comments and content on their site creating confusion as to what is acceptable. Since so many businesses, groups and events use Facebook as their sole media outlet the random blocking of users without a clear basis why or even equal treatment of all users is abusive. How do I file a complaint about this?

I've been using Facebook for 4 years and now they blocked my access, saying I have to verify my name. By the time we created an account, we used a employee's name but he is no longer with us. Now Facebook says that the only way to unlock my account is by sending the ID of this guy, which we have no way to reach. I tried sending safe info about my business (and also government related information), my own ID's, but they were all refused! This is definitely a big mistake! They should use other ways to verify if I am the damn owner of my own company. Facebook is living on borrowed time... it might join his old mate Orkut very soon. No IT company survives to such a bad verification system and customer support!!!

Why does Facebook suck so bad??? I was suddenly locked out of my Facebook account on Friday for no reason. After trying to verify pictures of my friends, which I did, those ** told me I would have to submit a copy of my government issued ID, which despite my issues with such things, I did. And lo and behold, I got no response and my account is still locked and that stinking ** Mark Zuckerberg has my personal information. This seems highly suspect and not very legal at all. I'd suggest ** knock it off or we should rise up and sue that stinking ** Mark Zuckerberg into the poor house!!!

Since when can a company offering a service completely cut you off with no explanation, no contact and no way to find out why. I have been on for years and have a business page too and both were cut off. I tried to call, email with no luck. They make sure you cannot contact them. I feel discriminated against because of the way they are treating me. So even if I broke 1 of their rules I should be able to at least have the right to defend myself against charges, they just condemn you and punish you with a lifetime ban. This is wrong.

Facebook has become a means of communication and the only form of it for millions of people so they hold all the cards, so if they don't like that you support a cause, or if you just say "Hi" wrong they can cut you off with no reason or reprisal. This is control on another level, because they sell your information. It is a monopoly and the government needs to step in and set rules for them to follow, they should have a way to contact them, they should not be able to kick you off without a fair review. The way it is now they can pick and choose who they want, which will lead to the same minded public which could create a following like, maybe a Nazi regime.

I was notified today after 8 years of being on Facebook with no problems that I have to verify my name. I'm locked out! I go by my nick name that's how my friends know me. Not by the name on my drivers license. That's not the "name I go by every day" in their words! I did send safe info to them my business card also a membership card with my name but it wasn't good enough! I have been a victim of identity theft in the past and don't feel safe giving more personal info to Facebook. Now they want me to provide several different legal identification to PROVE who I am?! It's not right! Because I have a unusual name that doesn't meet their community standards I have to jump through hoops to prove who I am? All they have to do is look at my profile and see who I am with recent comments from friends and family also photos that I'm tagged in with friends!

I live on the west coast and my family and a large part of my friends are on the east coast that's where I grew up. Facebook is how I keep I touch with them. I also promote my side business on there. I refuse to provide Facebook with my personal info. I don't feel it's necessary for them to ask me to especially 8 years later! I didn't need to provide that information when I signed up! They are not a government organization. What right do they have to do that? I don't know who is on the other end of those emails they are sending?! I'm infuriated about this! I guess I won't be using Facebook book anymore! I'm DONE!

My account was locked and Facebook said they needed age verification. I followed the directions to the letter. I used my Drivers license and CCP. Both show my name, address, DOB and a photo. A few hours later I received an email stating that the identification could not be used or could not be read. The photos are clear as day. They can be read even on my tiny phone screen. The state issued drivers license is listed on the website as an acceptable form of Identification. I took additional photos at higher resolution. I submitted the new photos to the Website in addition to attaching them to an email reply. Facebook never bothered to reply and my account is locked.

Age verification? I have had a Facebook profile from their beginnings. My profile clearly showed my work history was well over the 13 year age requirement. My spouse and I have our relationship status in our profile. I can't tell how many photos of our kids we tagged each other in. I had a boat load of confirmed friends and family on my profile. A drunken monkey could tell I was over 13. I suspect Facebook is Discriminating against Veterans. The identification I sent was 100% proof of my name, address, and date of birth all of which matched my profile.

I have had 5 Facebook accounts disabled for stupid reason and asking me to send a copy of my driver's license so I did. It comes back with "oops error. Try again." I try this for days and they have yet to fix the problem. This account they disabled was active with Anonymous and they were attempting to put a cap and control the news coming out on CPS but it was a fail and Mark does not like not having complete control. I lost pictures of my deceased brother, 5k in friends and Administration in quite a lot of Anonymous Groups and my own in Northern Cali. Since then I opened another account only for Mark to shut it down within 15-20 minutes. What is he so scared about getting out? Or... Does he have control issues or just issues?

01/14/2017 I went to log in to my Facebook account that I set up last week and the computer wanted me to enter my phone number into the system again. I called the customer service department to find out why I was being asked to re-submit my information again every time I log-in to Facebook. The customer service supervisors and their employees said that the computer was protecting me against hackers. I told them that it is a Facebook account. It is not a bank account. If the hackers want to look at the account I do not have a problem with it. The information that I submitted to Facebook was not vital. I just needed to be able to use the account.

The customer service representative supervisors and their employees told me that I had to buy a code from Walmart or Verizon. The money would be reimbursed. I informed the customer service representatives supervisors and their employees that I could not afford the to buy the codes from Walmart or Verizon. I am poor. I also told the customer service supervisors and their employees to delete the Facebook page, because I could not log in, and delete it myself. The customer service representatives supervisors and their employees began to tell me that they could not delete the Facebook page and that they could not help me.

Throughout my entire conversation with the customer service representatives supervisors and their employees they were rude and disrespectful. They hung up on me a hundred times; they told me that the CEO of Facebook would not speak to me; because he does not care about my issue; and they said that they did not care about my problem. The customer services representatives supervisors and their employees pretended to be a grocery store. They were very argumentative. They refused to provide me with excellent customer service. Finally, after many phone calls the customer service representative supervisors and employees said that the account was deleted. I am still not sure if the Facebook account is deleted. That worries me because now I have a Facebook account that may or may not be active. My information may be easily accessible to someone else, but not me. I did not expect this confusion and chaos from Facebook.

7 years ago, in December 2009, my son and I created a Facebook account for my grandson, to connect and talk to his father, after his parents divorced. Soon afterwards, father and son connected using Playstation, so father and grandmother shared the Facebook page to play games. Father deleted his own FB account, as he was verbally abused by family members, and FB did nothing about the lewd language! Facebook, without warning, suspended grandson's FB account on or about Jan 8 2017! This FB account was active over the course of 7 years! No porn, no naked pictures! Only messages to family and friends and ''game playing,'' which was played every day over a year. EVERY DAY OVER A YEAR!

Why does Facebook delete accounts of harmless persons, yet allow true fake accounts to continue, as well as those who promote porn and pictures of naked people, and countless persons using foul language??? To Mark Zimmmeeeerrrr: glad you got rich by selling out the rest of us, and as far as your media website being free forever... phhht, it ain't true! Still waiting for FB to reinstate account.

On 01/07/2017, Facebook locked my account. Prior notifications on 01/04/2017 stated my account would be removed within 7 days if I did not provide a government document proving who I was. I have used an alias for 6 years due to ex-wives hacking my Facebook account. All of my classmates knew who I was. I had a whole history on family member pages as well. Facebook has deleted my profile and any history of me on all of my families pages. This is unacceptable and a direct violation of my privacy or apparently the lack of privacy. I am currently researching any means to sue Facebook for discrimination based on factual evidence of many other pages who do not use real names. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We, the people, have rights and the first amendment is still one of them.

A month or so ago, I received an email from Facebook asking me to confirm my ID by sending them copies of personal documents such as Passport, Birth Certificate, Drivers Licence etc. I refused to send anything with such details until they told me why they had requested such drastic action. They refused to reply and they also refused to reply to any further correspondence. They just sent a robot generated standard reply to everything I sent; ''It doesn't look like we can help you with the problem you're having from here. We're sorry for the inconvenience. If you're still looking for help with this, the Help Center is a great place to find answers to frequently asked questions and up-to-date forms you can use to get in touch with us."

My account has now been suspended for three weeks and I have important information that I need as a matter of urgency. I am a Type 1 Diabetic and have other auto-immune conditions (Crohn's disease, Lichen Planus and Restless leg Syndrome - auto-immune type) which interfere with the Diabetes and I have often needed to contact people as a matter of urgency, sometimes I have needed to use FB to do this. Therefore, by suspending my account (and not telling me why) they have put me in a fair amount of danger. I gave up and sent them a copy of my driver's license two weeks ago but they still won't lift the suspension. I need help with this matter and would like to ask, is what FB doing legal? I look forward to any responses.

Spent almost two years trying to get rid of my business page. FB made me create a profile to manage it and for two years the two never merged. I sent 100s of emails, tried 50 times to reset passwords etc, queries on forums..complaints, even letters to FB. NOTHING. NO HELP. They are a billion dollar scam operation that has ZERO customer service. I even paid for ADS. I cannot delete an outdated business page that is hurting my business. I do not want a personal profile on FB. I loathe it. Any business owner that uses this platform is doing themselves a great disservice. I would like to know if any other business plans on suing them. Class Action or something.

Facebook has deleted 3 of my accounts and this 4th time is under review for no reason. They are trying to claim it's a fake account. I had sent them info of a photo drivers' licenses and yet nothing has been done. I still don't have another account and every time I have to make a new account have to search old friends. It's becoming a pain for them as much it is for me. Yet this time around I had not broken any facebook community server rules or laws. I'm just getting deleted as big major parties I do expose do not want me to expose them.

The thing is Australia along with the USA are all under Freedom of speech, so why am I getting hassled and my time wasted over and over within 2 weeks now. I been hassled over 3 accounts, yet I will not make a fake account and I will not lie to get on FB, I will use my real name. I could easy lie and make a fake account and they would not know it's me yet I do not wish to lie as it's against my faith.

Facebook Company Profile