1.10/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Facebook

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

1215 Facebook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Facebook recently took the extraordinarily ignorant measure to block me from posting my own gaming videos, citing that I had posted material belonging to someone else. There is absolutely no evidence they would provide me with that I committed such an offense after numerous requests, and they would not respond to demands to reinstate my uploading privileges. I filed a BBB complaint against them after filing 3 different requests for action. These videos were not political in nature, nor were they religious or activist related, they were gaming videos, nothing more. There was absolutely no reason why they could not have at least responded to my requests other than they do not find the matters of a single member important when they have billions more to hawk their advertising towards. I for one cannot wait for the next big thing in Social Media to come along so that Facebook can join the ranks of MySpace, MocoSpace and AOL.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Despite my first and last name being my GIVEN, LEGAL name, I'm in my account one minute and went to check my notifications and was out. My middle handle is not a name. The. Middle. Not the first or last... the middle. This is under the guise of enabling safety and ensuring my friends can reach me. I've had the same amount of friends for the last 3 years... AND MY ACCOUNT IS PRIVATE. People can't find me any damn way. Facebook wants me to scan my i.d. I was looking for a reason to take a break. Completely asinine.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Very disappointed with Facebook due to: they blocked me because I have strong human rights beliefs and someone on an certain page thought it okay to bleed to nearly to death an child or women or men just because of religion. It's not only inhuman and against nature said on cobal Shia discussion. He was formerly Sunni then covered to being Shia but he is an formal extremist and now he is forcing his opinion and starting fights with you if you don't agree about bleeding yourselves with the sharpest knife and hitting the heads of innocent children. He then attack me saying, "I'll will block you" so this nasty person did. Now I can access my Facebook and Facebook messenger because of said the former extremist. Now I feel should go to social media to embarrass Facebook. What do you all think I'll should do feeling completely hopeless??? Needing ideas please. Thank you all. Have an great day!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Lord where do I start. Facebook told me I need to secure my page. I click I change my password which I been trying to get back on Facebook for almost week. Tomorrow October 3rd, and it either goes back to the beginning saying change password again or I get a page is broken. I been writing to them to no avail. I mean not no one has replied. I play a few games on there and my friends, family, bosses, and co-workers are on there. Now nothing and no one is telling me nothing... I even sent a picture of my driver's license to them. If anyone else has had this problem how did you solve it.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

They keep deleting my Facebook account and ask me for my picture, name, date of birth and identity. I submitted but they did not accept. They are not letting me to access my Facebook account and associated pages. This is the third time they have done this. I have never posted my pictures on Facebook since it's my crafts page. On the other hand, me and my friends kept reporting about a fake account which we know for sure is created by a blackmailer, mimicking my friend who never had a Facebook account. But Facebook did not block that page, saying that account does not violates Facebook rules. Wow! Seriously, if Facebook can ask me for my identity why not that fake account holder? I must say Facebook is supporting blackmailers and encourages illegal activities. I hate Facebook.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Facebook banned from posting or commenting for 30 days for stating my anti-vaccine opinions. I also commented that according to the evidence I have researched, it appears that vaccines are targeting people of ** more than anyone else and that Big Pharma is just an extension of the Nazis and their Eugenics programs. Then the trolls started attacking me and calling me a racist, which I am definitely not.

Since when in this country are people not entitled to their opinions? What's going on is they have TROLLS working for NSA (right out of Edward's ** playbook) that reporting people, and FB has robots working there, or Government TROLLS who monitor the complaints, and based on the number of TROLL complaints, they take people down who have done nothing wrong! They don't even bother to read the comments they are censoring people. Or maybe they do, and FB just does not agree with certain opinions, so they censor people!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I had the same Facebook account for about 4 years, until around a month ago when it was disabled permanently for unknown reasons. I used my real name and didn’t post anything inappropriate, and even still my account was deleted. I went to go make a new account, and about an hour afterwards it too was permanently deleted. Again, using my real name and not doing anything inappropriate. The way it happened was I would see a tab come up that would say I needed to secure my account due to suspicious activity, and to click below to proceed. I clicked below and it asked me to upload a picture of myself, and so I did. I was then told on the next page that I could not log in right now because they are reviewing my photo and will get back to me. “We will get back to you” was the first sign that they weren’t going to. Sure enough, they never did.

Anyway, I made another account a couple days later. Same exact thing happened. I did it again and again, making new emails to make new accounts, all with the same result. I have a normal name and I decided to be sure I would use another last name. I used my girlfriend’s last name, same result. I’ve made a total of about 14 accounts in the last month, all with the same result. Some lasted an hour some a few hours, none more than four hours. I guess I’m not allowed to use Facebook from now on, though I don’t know how they know it’s me since I used different names, emails, and phone numbers.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

So I have a business that I post to Facebook Groups that are EXACTLY for that, posting your business in. My posts are very benign and not offensive at all. Constantly getting blocked from posting in them. There needs to be an alternative to FB. It has become just like Craigslist. If someone reports you and you are blocked you have no recourse. The appeal process is nothing but a joke. You will NOT get an answer back to your appeal because it never goes to an actual person for review!! No phone numbers to call just like Craigslist. A very, very poorly run site.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Well I used to be with Facebook and I can't stand Facebook now. I can't even keep any pages without Facebook keep deleting my pages. I had Depression page and Facebook removed the pages. I have put A new Page and Facebook delete my new page so l was asked from Facebook A picture of my face and I gave one to Facebook. I waited 72 Hours but Facebook turn right around and deleted my Facebook page without any dang notice whatsoever. It really pissed me off that Facebook didn't even bother to let me know why Facebook did that to me.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I work for the Police Department and had Facebook for 4 years. Never had a problem till recently. My account was disabled supposedly for spamming and using bad content. I'm a mom of four. I don't use foul language. Most of my pics are of my children and some inspirational quote that I use. Recently I started my own side business and use Facebook for promoting my products. I do not sell things to anyone people. If they like what I post they hit me up.

Now I'm having a problem because there are people that are selling themselves and using Facebook to promote prostitution and are people who bother others so they can sell their products. I do not do none of this and I get banned. I never got a warning at all or anything like that. I'm seriously in awe with their behavior. They should investigate the girls that add you as a friend and say come and join and play with me. I'm disgusted and believe that they should investigate the ones that are doing this things.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Facebook has been blocking my original page for quite some time now and the company has intentionally refused to take action to resolve this matter. I've told Facebook numerous times that the solution to resolve this matter can't be fixed using my cell phone number because I don't have the phone. They refuse to send another solution and continue to play games. They are blocking my freedom of speech.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I needed to disable my very old FB account due to a violent experience that caused me concern for continuing use of my old account. When I disabled my account, they wanted a comment as to why and I said I would be opening a new one. Clearly, there is no one there to read these, so why ask us to say things that mean nothing to them? Anyway, I set up my new account, and almost immediately it was shut down for security reasons. I submitted a verification photo and nothing changed. I appealed the decision and uploaded a copy of my I'd proving I am me. The account was reopened but literally five minutes after I signed back in and started looking for my family and friends, it got shut down again. Same thing. Photo verification and then ID. It's been down for 1.5 weeks, no email or anything explaining why they did this.

Getting impatient, I created a new email and new FB account to just start over thinking it must have been a fluke with the other new account. 5 minutes into searching for friends and family that FB suggested, I let IT dig through from my phone's contacts for - BOOM - locked out again, send in another verification photo. I have never been flagged, accused of not being me, nothing. No reason for this to be happening. And ZERO explanation or even communication from them other than the canned FB message telling me about some supposed yet unidentified security concerns.

I think FB has it all wrong worried about "fake news" and the Russia stuff. It's like they swung the pendulum too far the other way and are actually killing their legitimate base. They don't need ID or all the other hoops to verify a person is real, Google never even goes that far for a FREE account. Judging on the number of posts here saying that the same is happening to many others, mostly in 2017, this is clearly something to do with their algorithms, yet they're doing nothing about it.

The cause for a lawsuit is certainly a reality, given that FB partners with other sites and platforms for people to use to log in to chat, shop, and many other activities and places that are NOT Facebook. Therefore, the arbitrary, and clearly often unwarranted cease of service which causes much more than simply not being able to log into your Facebook profile, along with their collections of its causelessly-banned users personal private information, photos, ENTIRE LIVES with an inability to log in and delete that info from Facebook's servers, is definitely something the law needs to look into. If someone decides to bother with a class action suit against these private info thieves, count me in.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

It has become apparent that FB is now censoring free speech. I have been blocked repeatedly and NEVER violated their "so called standards." Each time I am blocked it is after I have posted something PRO Trump. They have become blatant and it now appears they are running the country. When will you de-monopolize this company???

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I sent five scanned jpeg IDs for the verification process and each time I received an email back "thanking" me for sending these. However, it was the same worded emails that I got before about what IDs I should submit to resolve the case. So, each time I responded that just looped me and did not accept the IDs that I sent and so they were either moving the goal post or negating that I had passed the goal post. Whatever they were doing...which I saw as screwing with me...they still left my account disabled and I still could not log in and use it. Now they have closed my case #** and left my account disabled and refuse to respond to my emails. They are like that Utah policeman Tom ** who handcuffed the nurse Alex **... I have done nothing wrong and they have handcuffed me.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Every single situation where I try to contact customer service, I never receive a smart response back. Seems like literally everything is automated, including any decision-making/judgment, but they still attach a person's name at the end of every response to seem personable. Special circumstances are ignored because they do not read any of the text that I write, whether through Facebook or through email.

I read a comment that someone had posted. I responded to it with some articles and asked if my source of information is legitimate. That person felt threatened in some way and/or feared for her reputation and she reported that thread and tried to dig into my personal information and when she wasn't satisfied, she blocked and reported me. Now in response to the report, Facebook blocks my account. I used every method Facebook provides to try to reinstate my account but no matter what I try, I NEVER GET A REAL RESPONSE TO ANY OF MY REAL QUESTIONS.

I sent them documentation and an explanation on every single discrepancy I could find, and in response, they say that I did not send the right documentation, please send again. I send them the correct documentation AGAIN with explanation AGAIN and ask them to please READ the text that they allow entry for. Facebook responds again saying that I did not send the right documentation, please send again. I then email them, and they email me back the same response.

Literally, Facebook is allowing this person to harass me because they did not like what I had to say (and in this case, all I did was post links to some news articles and ask if that’s an okay source). They literally do not read any text and none of their responses will ever address anything you ever write. Non-existent customer service. Why have any kind of appeals process if you don't pay attention to them? Why have text entry when you don't even read text?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

To Whom it may Concern: The reason that I used the name ** on the Facebook account creation was due to the fact that my ex-fiance is very violent and I also have a permanent protection order on him. He abused my son in every possible way that you can to a 3 year old and has threatened to slit my throat and have my son watch me bleed to death.

The Gmail account used to verify the account is a business account Gmail that my wife/business partner have and it was done with their permission, again, to protect both myself and my son. My ex-fiance is a convicted sex offender and very violent. Please re-enable my account so that I can continue to play the wonderful games on there as well as interact with some very nice people that I have managed to make contact with.

It seems highly unfair that while I was doing what I could to protect myself and my son, other people, including my ex-fiance, can continue to have their Facebook accounts active and fine. My ex-fiance, Michael **, has a Facebook page, other individuals have multiple accounts, curse, make sexual innuendos, and even put in hack codes and they are not punished in any way shape or form. Facebook says they are trying to create a safe environment for everyone, yet the ones that are following the rules get disabled and those that violate so many "safe environment" rules go on as if nothing they are doing is wrong.

Please let me know if you require any further information or documentation in order to have this matter resolved quickly.

I decided to open account in my real name and a few days later the same thing is done to me. But in chat I answered a question and talked to someone in private chat and guess what my account is disabled and have to show document and get automated responses "cant confirm account. Please send more information on this and that list". I have the right to protect myself and defend myself and answer questions but Facebook says no to that by disabling your account.

To me they are bullies and don't care about protecting someone even when you tell them about someone that still has an account that is up and they are a known sex offender and in and out of jail and when you report someone in a chat that uses offensive language and slurs and calls someone a vulgar explicative... Facebook is a joke for their rules, let someone go for things they should get disabled, someone answers questions and says how they feel in a private chat and they get punished and have to jump through hoops to prove who they are and told that is not your account when it is?

PS. Even if this gets resolved Facebook will lose my entire family because of this asinine not so bright show of brains on their part. Also I feel they have their favorites and pick and choose newer accounts to target then go to older ones who rub them the wrong way. I will put this in as many places as possible on the internet to let people know about the unfair and unjust actions shown by Facebook on disabling someone without giving a better reason than unjust ones that do not apply to any reason given than making something up to do so, to me Facebook is losing more and more people to other social networks.

My main reason was to chat with a few people and play 3 games on there. Well I can play other games a like them just as I did. There might not be the same games but I like other games that I will love better than Facebooks games. I already have a handful in mind to try, so to me Facebook is a joke and I want to thank Facebook for showing me that there are better options to me even in cyber space that are not bullies and hypocrites just like in the real world. Does it bother me yes but with big companies we are just a number to them. They say they care about are safety but in reality they only care about themselves and to see how many people they can screw over by taking their accounts away from them.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I honestly think the reason Facebook deleted my account was because my views were not the same as main stream media. I had never posted anything inappropriate or harassing, I was passionate about engaging my friends in discussions about what is really going on in the world and how we need to talk about these things if we ever want our world to change for the better. I now think Facebook is a part of the problem too.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Too many people are being bullied on Facebook by this ban policy. I can get a member kicked off by reporting some lame post, or I can block that person so I don't have to see their lame posts, but I should never be allowed to pass judgment on another, just because I am mad at them, or I was raised different. Since Facebook actually encourages this activity, it is also aiding in the very thing our constitution protects us from (in many cases) - denial of due process, which should warn first, and allow us to explain. My guess is that the company is only staffed with golfers and stock holders, and the occasional glitch repair personnel. If I can't post, or have to be careful what I say, I might as well just not be a part of the drama, as well. Ten years of my time wasted on the site, good riddance **!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I created a New Facebook Account which required uploading a recent photograph of myself and a form of ID and my cell phone number. I attempted to edit settings for privacy and suddenly, FB logged me out. Message said they would contact me after documents were approved. This was 4 days ago. My account is now disabled. You can't delete an account unless you log in. I'm stuck. I am concerned my private info is floating out there for all to see. Facebook apparently has NO Customer Service. As huge as that organization is, they assume no accountability for their errors. I replied to several times to an email to their Security Team. Crickets... Someone should review their business practices. Has anyone noticed their mailing address: 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, 94025?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

If FB only allows one account per email, why did they allow me to setup a second account with the same email address and use it for weeks? I assume they deleted it because this morning my second account is GONE. I used the second account for gaming and progressed far in a fun game and lost my time and $ spent on the game. I didn't know about the one account policy, FB should have not allowed the creation of the second acct using the same email address if it was against their policy. Not many people read the entire book of the terms agreement.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I posted a comment about Muslims building a bomb, and it went off, and the government is hiding the truth, so how does a statement violate their community standards? I got 30 days FB jail for posting my opinion, whether truth or not, no one has refuted it, other than Facebook not liking it!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I am an advertiser with a large budget. We spend tens of thousands of dollars with Facebook yet we are completely unable to find an answer to our issue. Is it fair that a company can take all this money and never be responsible for customer support? Facebook wants us to "ask the community", which are not Facebook employees. Ever go to a doctor and get told that the doctor is too busy and to ask people in the lobby instead? Facebook should not be allowed to take money and not offer support.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Been a Facebook account holder for over 10 years now, until I was locked out of my account and couldn't even use my cell to verify because every time I did this, I got a prompt telling me my session has expired and to log off and back on. When I did this, it takes me through the same thing. I will say this much. My father passed two years ago and I have all the memories of he and I on there and cannot access it. If something happens to these pictures, I will seek action and sue. I am a government employee, veteran of the United States Military and I am treated like this. I am so disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

One fine day I checked my Facebook page and was scrolling through messages and hit a dead end. There was a message from the Facebook gestapo telling me that if I wanted to see the rest of my messages I would have to add more friends. That is frigging crazy. I am 67 years old veteran and served and my country HONORABLY. I suffered a devastating stroke seven years ago and I am still recovering from that experience. I will be on disability for the rest of my life. Most of my friends are already dead or they do not use Facebook anyway. In short, I have all the friends and family I need and Mark Zuckerberg henchmen does not have right to extort that constitutional right from me.

“Extortion (also called shakedown, outwrestling and exaction) is a criminal offense of obtaining money, property, or services from an individual or institution, through coercion.” I put this information on my Facebook page and also friended Mark Zuckerberg and started sending his friends that message also in hope that Mark Zuckerberg would get the message and put an end to this craziness. Instead of that happening Mark Zuckerberg sent the mafia after me and they locked me out of my accounts. The new message was to get 3-5 of your friends and kiss their asses so that I could grovel beneath the boots Mark Zuckerberg Gestapo. HELL WILL FREEZE OVER BEFORE THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN!!! Mark Zuckerberg’s sole source of income is advertising and his greed to wring every penny out of his members that sign up for this service downright wrong. My mother always told her four boys that money is the root of all EVIL. She was damn sure right.

Original review: July 20, 2017

So almost a week ago, Facebook banned me from posting, commenting or liking post made by contacts or pages I follow. Their reason for the ban "Calling someone a MORON", yes read right folks, a ban for calling someone a MORON. But get this, on two news pages that I follow, some people make death threats, call others names namely (Pink Pigs), talk about land that was stolen (Without any proof) in the Apartheid era. And guess what??? Facebook does nothing about that. So I personally think the 30 day ban was completely uncalled for.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I was recently blocked for 30 days for calling someone a racist. I was in a political group and was being called numerous names from "**" to **. My response was calling them a "Ignorant racist." 24 hours later my page was blocked for 30 days. But before my block I reported most of the comments calling me disgusting names. I was told "Thank You for reporting but those disgusting comments DID NOT violate FB terms" but mine DID. What? So being called a ** Loving ** is cool with FB but the words ignorant racist is outta line. I've reported animal abuse, child abuse, graphic clips from porn movies, animals being slaughtered and was told REPEATEDLY none of those violated any rules. But my 2 words gets me blocked for 30 days?? So who's the moderators allowing racism, harassment and graphic violence and sex but the words "ignorant racist" is too much??

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have been a member of Facebook for years. I lost my account because someone reported me for something I didn't do. I opened up another Facebook account with a different email address and it was up and running great for 2 months. Then one day I posted a picture of me and my family tagging all of them and then about 30 mins later I was asked to send a picture that there was suspicious activity on my account. I did so and it was even my driver’s license. Now they closed that account and I have tried to contact Facebook directly and there is no number or anything to contact. I can't use that account and can't open a new one. Every time I do they close me done saying same thing. This isn't fair. I am unable to stay connected with my family and all. They should have at least an email address to contact for any questions or issues or a phone number for customer service.

Original review: July 13, 2017

FB disabled my account, demanding a government ID. I will trust FB with that information when the sun rises in the west. I have stopped using FB, but there is no way to cancel my account. I keep getting FB notifications via email. I keep clicking the option to stop these emails but they just keep sending the emails. I should have canceled my account when they still let me cancel.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I have had my account since 2007 that I can remember and it was disabled for no reason. Almost 4 weeks ago I was required to verify my account and send a photo of myself. When I did, the account was re-established the following day. The very same day being Friday, after not having been active for weeks, I posted a Bitmoji of myself saying TGIF and around noon my account was disabled. I've submitted numerous photos with my DL and work ID, verifying my information with my date of birth and email and I have yet to hear from anyone. What's worse is that I have lost pictures, memories and conversations with me of my father who passed away a year ago. I have never posted any nudity or profanity on my page because I know the policy and wouldn't want or need to anyway. Yet, I've seen profiles breaking the terms and guidelines and their page is still up? How does that make any sense?

Original review: June 27, 2017

I'm talking about a different Facebook person's account not this one. They said there was suspicious activity! They hadn't been on the site in weeks! They wanted another photo uploaded! They had already sent them all kinds of ID a few months ago. What is their problem? They do seem to target older people who like a little privacy and don't share that much except a few pictures. It's not enough for them. I don't trust Facebook at all.

Facebook Company Information