1.10/5
  • 1 star
Based on 126 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

1236 Facebook Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

On Nov 30 I go on FB at 4:30 in the morning. When later that day I go on and said password doesn't work. Like ok so I go to try and recover it. And go to my email address. WELL can't get in there either. Like what going on. Can't get into my FB, Yahoo email or my recovery email Gmail. I have gone to every place in FB help section and getting nowhere. Then finally got help to get in my account by ID some people in photos. Got in. Change all my info like email address etc. Wasn't long and got kicked out again. And somehow hacker on my account again. Changed my info and of course, I am blocked out of my new email addresses also. Don't know how hacker doing this.

Been trying every day to get help. When a hacker gets into your account nothing in their help section works. They have no way to talk to a real person to get help. NO PHONE NUMBER, NO EMAIL TO REACH ANYONE!!! In the meantime hacker having a fill day in my account. Talking to some of my friends who think they're talking to me. God only knows what else hacker is doing in there. I have had this account since 2009. I stored all my photos on my account. GONE. Used to play FB games so I have or had over 2000 people on my account alone with my family members.

They should know the difference between from sign-in location from me and hacker location you think!!! I am going to complain everywhere on internet and News Station until I get my account back. This not right!!! I have a new FB. If anyone wants to join my Complaint Group. Trying to get my point out about not get the help we need on FB. You can come join my FB group Sheila ** in Florida Or my other account at: **.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

On 12.05.2017 Facebook starting marking all my group posts as spam. I've gone through their ineffective reporting an issue 25 times. Nothing has been fixed. I have 2 lost and found pet groups. I post lost pets from other groups. Now all my shared posts are blocked. Am I to think Facebook hates pets?

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Corporate confidence tricksters who rely on a cheap but hopelessly inept auto-bot brick-wall to ignore user problems. 3 TIMES in 4 yrs FB has shut my genuine account for "verification" (after 3 fake-reports from a spiteful Ex < with so many accounts I can't keep up blocking them). 2nd time it took 5 days to verify & FB stated they'd never need to re-verify; I naively assumed my account was now safe - Yet 11 months later, after 3rd malicious fake-report, FB shut my account again, 9 years of photos & comments from friends inc. some since passed away - & 2 months later I'm STILL waiting for FB to verify the ID I've sent in many times, or even REPLY to me - FB encourage users to upload their lives & build a "community of friends" then steal it away on an illogical algorithmic whim & refuse to even reply to that user; hopeless Kafkaesque shoddiness of a company. FB need to re-invest some of their mega profit$ on human staff.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Facebook banned me for 3 days and didn't tell me why, they had sent me an email saying it was by accident. The day they unblocked my account they banned it AGAIN 2 hours later and this time permanently. Again, no explanation as to why. I only used Facebook to post car videos and old school freestyle rap videos about dealing with depression and life. Turns out, a guy who was stalking me on Facebook had gotten my cell # and we got into a heated argument and he sent a screenshot of our cell phone texts, NO MESSAGES were exchanged through Facebook since I blocked him there, and Facebook banned me.

Lost all of my family photos and videos that I can't get back. Got banned from Facebook for some stalker being pissed that I wouldn't pay him any attention. Guess there is no such thing as freedom of speech. Facebook totally sucks, never using that website again. It seems many others have been a victim to being banned and Facebook lets the guilty ones keep their account without letting the innocent ones present their side of the story.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Facebook deletes, disables accounts without letting the people who own the accounts defend themselves. Especially those with Conservative views... FB will take the word of total strangers butthurt over posts reporting your account as fake without checking first and disable you. Thus the need for back up accounts. I had back up accounts which I used when I was banned over being reported by butthurt Liberals. Everything disabled... I cannot even create a new account, THEY DISABLE IT within a matter of hours. Disgusting how FB treats those that do not share their LIBERAL MINDSET. FB is a joke. You want to talk fascist… Take a look at the Liberal mindset. Extreme censorship is what FB IS ABOUT. Freedom of speech my ass.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We are a small business and I've had the same problems as many others who have posted here. In one month, Facebook locked me out of my account for "suspicious activity" with no one to contact to find out what's happening. I followed their instructions and then just had to sit there indefinitely. They literally have NO customer support that can help. I managed to find an email address at some point, but it takes them days to respond sometimes. And they were never able to tell me what was happening with the lockout problem. And yet they continue to run the ads while we are locked out!! I couldn't believe it...to me that's illegal to charge customers for running ads when we cannot manage them.

I have been so shocked by their lack of response or caring that they are charging me for ads I can't manage. There is no chat function and they just say "ask our community". The community has no idea why I get locked out. I also cannot access the community when I'm locked out! Facebook makes so much money, I can't believe they won't at least have customer support for paying customers. Google Ads has been SO much better. Please help if anyone reading this has ideas for how to deal with Facebook ads. I cannot justify spending money on Facebook ads when they will not provide support to fix problems that are their own fault!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Yeah, it's that bad. I never actively used Facebook, but a friend of mine convinced me to register, and try to develop my business there too (I own a YouTube channel for music videos, uploaded daily). So after I posted 10 videos on a Business page I created, I got locked out for "suspicious activity." Let me just clarify that for a second. I don't use a VPN. Confirmed my profile with a cell number. Using a freshly created Gmail account, confirmed. I also uploaded a real photo of me on my personal account.

I got locked out of my profile 2 times for the last 1 week, and first time I had to wait for 8 days to get unlocked. I'm finally done with Facebook this time. Don't waste your time or money on this **. What a bunch of waste of my freakin' time. That is no way to do business. That is no way to manage your website. Absolutely bullies. I can't even imagine if someone reports my photo, it'd get taken immediately. Nobody reported me because I don't have any Facebook friends and nobody around me except one person who is super close to me -- talks to me there. Their automated systems are made to harass honest people trying to make some buck to pay the bills. I'm so disgusted I'm gonna throw up.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I spent a year developing my FB account for my business - spend hundreds of hours making a great biz page and spending $$$ on FB ads to collect followers and likes. And, in one day it was all gone! FB locked me out, then sent me security codes to my cell to get back in that NEVER worked. There is no one at FB to talk to, no email address to get assistance and NO ONE at FB that cares about anyone unless you spend a MILLION dollars a year on advertising. So little businesses, don't waste your time or hopes or money on a company that TAKES advantage of NO Customer Service and NO one in the US government can or will do a darn thing about it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

LOL. What a complete joke of a supposed free speech platform. God forbid you have conservative views. You'll be banned immediately. Idiot liberals keep reporting my legitimate account as fake and I have to submit a picture ID and wait sometimes WEEKS to get verified. Sometimes the verification never comes even though I LITERALLY UPLOAD A PICTURE OF MY FACE WITH MY DRIVERS LICENSE. I can't even create a new account to stay in contact with my work contacts because Cuckerberg immediately ID blocks me. Facebook moderators and Mark Cuckerberg are all a bunch of intellectually lazy and ** people. Like honestly, complete ** running Facebook. They have also cost me money by keeping me blocked from communicating with potential work contacts. ** those ** running Facebook. Complete morons.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I tried to contact Facebook. They blocked me almost everywhere. Who doesn't have money to pay for your paid campaigning? It doesn't mean you should have written to unpublish the pages without any written email notification. I would have given 0 stars.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

For over a month I have tried to receive help from Facebook to log in to my account. I followed all of the required steps, with no response. I have now sent 15 emails to the Facebook Team requesting deactivation of my account with no response.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Facebook has been locking my account In order for me to show my ID. How many more times do I have to show them my ID? I have showed them about everything of me including pictures. What is wrong with them. I have showed them my ID about almost 20 times already. Today is November 16, 2017 and I am here waiting to regain my account back... My friends are waiting for me to get back up and running... This is not about buying. Is about being logged out for no reason. And I have gave them everything they need to authenticate my account... I don't want a lawyer. I want my account back... For future experiences with Facebook with others this what Facebook does after you give your ID and then they give your account back whenever they want. This is very unfair.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I used Facebook to follow several professional websites related to my work and current economy. These are very informative. But after about a week Facebook demanded I provide my original photo and suspended my account citing security reasons.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Every time I'm try to log in on my Facebook it asks for my code or for two-factor authentication. I don't have it and they don’t sending it to my phone. I made too many request and nothing help me to open my Facebook account. Trying to log on on Messenger but now I'm lock out because of many accounts created with the same numbers but I don't intended to created many accounts. Facebook automatic send me accounts that don't match my primary account, yes my name but no even my picture, but I still cannot log in on Facebook or Messenger. It is crazy and I'm thinking about leaving Facebook.

I ask my friends as many I can to report my account to be permanently deactive but not still there without being recover o deactived. It's so frustrating. If they can't keep stuff like this from happening how can they keep other information safe and secure. Now I have to canceled my bank account because in the past I make payments through Facebook! No privacy or rights protected on Facebook!! I am an administrator of two pages, one of sales and another page on personal motivation and they are unattended for weeks because Facebook does not solve anything. I really need to recover my account to continue selling and contacting my clients.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I am a business owner and I am trying to buy ads on Facebook so that I can jumpstart my online store. I placed an ad for selling shirts but I got rejected so I said 'Why am I unable to put ads?' They told me that I have sell weapons so I remembered that I still have a pocket knife selling in my store. I took off the pocket knife so I tried again. Again, they rejected me even though I took the item in question off. I keep telling them that I am not violating that rule but they keep referring back to the same first rejection and that they have a zero tolerance policy. So up to this point I have tried 3 times to make my ad go through but there is no traction in my case. Support doesn't help me, they don't acknowledge the fact that I already fixed the problem, they don't advise on what to do, THEY DON'T HELP THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS. All I am trying to do is sell a cat-lovers t shirt and a movie painting t shirt, I already fixed the problem.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I posted something to a family member's page telling her to stay out my business and telling her stuff that she did that I didn't like. So today I log into my page and see the post I posted to her page along with a message from Facebook talking about it was removed for "BULLYING". I don't bully anyone, if she can't stand words thrown at her she shouldn't talk go around talking about people. I deactivated my account with a message that I didn't appreciate them calling me a bully and that I plan to file a lawsuit against Facebook for slander.

I have reported all sort of violent video to be removed, but according to Facebook they don't violate any of their standards, yet posting nonviolent or threatening language to someone page is bullying. I rarely go on Facebook, the only reason I did post was because she called me, and hung up in my face after telling me off. It may have been stupid but, I AM NOT NO BULLY! Bunk Facebook, I deactivated my account and told them to deactivate it indefinitely. I'm fed up with my page being hacked numerous times anyway, sending bogus messages to other friends. So, Facebook I will be looking into bringing slander charges against you starting today.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I was suddenly blocked by Facebook from any sharing or posting activity. I was just informed that I was blocked for a week, no prior warnings, no explanation. I have logged 5 different requests, to find out why I was block, to have some sort of an explanation, no response from Facebook at all.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

A guy has been harassing me and others with fake edited, offensive posts, even calling me ** which is a slang for woman's genitals. He then reports anybody who responds. FB then disables others' accounts instead of his, without checking his own offensive posts. He takes selective screenshots of those who respond in self-defense and then it is too late for others to retrieve and take screenshots of his own offensive posts. How can FB allow that to happen?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Just so people know, I did find an info e-mail for Facebook. I used it and Microsoft reported they couldn't deliver it for "security" reasons. To other homebound seniors, Facebook does not care in the least about your wellbeing. I have spent hours trying to unblock my Facebook account with only mechanized replies and no unblocking. The people who work for this company simply DO NOT care...except for their advertising dollars. Do not place your trust or well-being in Facebook.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

Facebook is no more than BIG BROTHER that gets by with murder and the BBB and other regulatory agencies allow it. They will not communicate with me in a timely manner, block me for no or vague reasons and have now billed me early for an ad leaving me no money for food. There is no way to communicate with them by phone and you have to wait weeks concerning any issues for an answer and then never get one or they string you along.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I made a comment on the CBS news site wherein I postulated, more in jest than anything, that maybe Harvey Weinstein was some kind of ritual sacrifice by the invisible power structure that controls Hollywood. Few minutes later, I was cut off mid-post with a window saying suspicious activity had been detected and I would now be logged off for my own "safety". So annoyed, I set up a new account with a different email, phone, etc, but the same profile pic. It lasted about an hour. Then the same thing happened. I've tried repeatedly to get back on (I'm out of phone numbers to use) and get the "Your photo is under review. You will be logged out... for your safety". I'm disabled and FB has been a way for me to connect with the world and feel like a part of it. Our country is entering a sad and scary phase of verbal oppression and [self] censorship totally contrary to the principles upon which America was created. Twitter just doesn't cut it for me.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Facebook need to held accountable for what they are doing to people who use Facebook as a social media. Anyone can just send an email to FB stating Joe Blogs is not his real name and your account is blocked. The COMPLAINANT should be made PROVE their case. As shown on this website, too many people are made send ID to Facebook who can do whatever they like with it, start an account in your name, get a loan in your name etc and no one seems to care. People start putting in complaints to the US Government, complaints to the Discrimination Board and wherever else you can. Make Facebook be held accountable. Request compensation when you have proven you are who you say you are. Maybe when Facebook and its directors have to pay out money for calling people liars, they may make the complainant prove their case and not the person they HARASS.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Facebook recently took the extraordinarily ignorant measure to block me from posting my own gaming videos, citing that I had posted material belonging to someone else. There is absolutely no evidence they would provide me with that I committed such an offense after numerous requests, and they would not respond to demands to reinstate my uploading privileges. I filed a BBB complaint against them after filing 3 different requests for action. These videos were not political in nature, nor were they religious or activist related, they were gaming videos, nothing more. There was absolutely no reason why they could not have at least responded to my requests other than they do not find the matters of a single member important when they have billions more to hawk their advertising towards. I for one cannot wait for the next big thing in Social Media to come along so that Facebook can join the ranks of MySpace, MocoSpace and AOL.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Despite my first and last name being my GIVEN, LEGAL name, I'm in my account one minute and went to check my notifications and was out. My middle handle is not a name. The. Middle. Not the first or last... the middle. This is under the guise of enabling safety and ensuring my friends can reach me. I've had the same amount of friends for the last 3 years... AND MY ACCOUNT IS PRIVATE. People can't find me any damn way. Facebook wants me to scan my i.d. I was looking for a reason to take a break. Completely asinine.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Very disappointed with Facebook due to: they blocked me because I have strong human rights beliefs and someone on an certain page thought it okay to bleed to nearly to death an child or women or men just because of religion. It's not only inhuman and against nature said on cobal Shia discussion. He was formerly Sunni then covered to being Shia but he is an formal extremist and now he is forcing his opinion and starting fights with you if you don't agree about bleeding yourselves with the sharpest knife and hitting the heads of innocent children. He then attack me saying, "I'll will block you" so this nasty person did. Now I can access my Facebook and Facebook messenger because of said the former extremist. Now I feel should go to social media to embarrass Facebook. What do you all think I'll should do feeling completely hopeless??? Needing ideas please. Thank you all. Have an great day!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Lord where do I start. Facebook told me I need to secure my page. I click I change my password which I been trying to get back on Facebook for almost week. Tomorrow October 3rd, and it either goes back to the beginning saying change password again or I get a page is broken. I been writing to them to no avail. I mean not no one has replied. I play a few games on there and my friends, family, bosses, and co-workers are on there. Now nothing and no one is telling me nothing... I even sent a picture of my driver's license to them. If anyone else has had this problem how did you solve it.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

They keep deleting my Facebook account and ask me for my picture, name, date of birth and identity. I submitted but they did not accept. They are not letting me to access my Facebook account and associated pages. This is the third time they have done this. I have never posted my pictures on Facebook since it's my crafts page. On the other hand, me and my friends kept reporting about a fake account which we know for sure is created by a blackmailer, mimicking my friend who never had a Facebook account. But Facebook did not block that page, saying that account does not violates Facebook rules. Wow! Seriously, if Facebook can ask me for my identity why not that fake account holder? I must say Facebook is supporting blackmailers and encourages illegal activities. I hate Facebook.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Facebook banned from posting or commenting for 30 days for stating my anti-vaccine opinions. I also commented that according to the evidence I have researched, it appears that vaccines are targeting people of ** more than anyone else and that Big Pharma is just an extension of the Nazis and their Eugenics programs. Then the trolls started attacking me and calling me a racist, which I am definitely not.

Since when in this country are people not entitled to their opinions? What's going on is they have TROLLS working for NSA (right out of Edward's ** playbook) that reporting people, and FB has robots working there, or Government TROLLS who monitor the complaints, and based on the number of TROLL complaints, they take people down who have done nothing wrong! They don't even bother to read the comments they are censoring people. Or maybe they do, and FB just does not agree with certain opinions, so they censor people!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I had the same Facebook account for about 4 years, until around a month ago when it was disabled permanently for unknown reasons. I used my real name and didn’t post anything inappropriate, and even still my account was deleted. I went to go make a new account, and about an hour afterwards it too was permanently deleted. Again, using my real name and not doing anything inappropriate. The way it happened was I would see a tab come up that would say I needed to secure my account due to suspicious activity, and to click below to proceed. I clicked below and it asked me to upload a picture of myself, and so I did. I was then told on the next page that I could not log in right now because they are reviewing my photo and will get back to me. “We will get back to you” was the first sign that they weren’t going to. Sure enough, they never did.

Anyway, I made another account a couple days later. Same exact thing happened. I did it again and again, making new emails to make new accounts, all with the same result. I have a normal name and I decided to be sure I would use another last name. I used my girlfriend’s last name, same result. I’ve made a total of about 14 accounts in the last month, all with the same result. Some lasted an hour some a few hours, none more than four hours. I guess I’m not allowed to use Facebook from now on, though I don’t know how they know it’s me since I used different names, emails, and phone numbers.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

So I have a business that I post to Facebook Groups that are EXACTLY for that, posting your business in. My posts are very benign and not offensive at all. Constantly getting blocked from posting in them. There needs to be an alternative to FB. It has become just like Craigslist. If someone reports you and you are blocked you have no recourse. The appeal process is nothing but a joke. You will NOT get an answer back to your appeal because it never goes to an actual person for review!! No phone numbers to call just like Craigslist. A very, very poorly run site.

Facebook Company Information