2.35/5

1403 Facebook Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2019

Facebook disabled my account. I submitted my photo ID requesting a review and a month later, I have received no response. I have never received correspondence from Facebook by email. They just decided one day to terminate my account, for no reason. I lost friends that I originally made on Myspace. Some of these friends, I have known for 14 years. They are just gone now, thanks to Facebook. Some of these friends have helped me to get by in life from day to day, as I have severe depression. I have moved on to other apps, but nothing can replace the friends I lost. I didn't cause trouble and mostly posted photos of my animals and places I visit. Facebook just decided one day that they didn't want me anymore and my friends are gone too.

Original review: July 11, 2019

As a major content creator, I routinely post links to my YouTube videos on Facebook groups and this has only recently become an issue which I do not understand or agree with. Since the primary purpose of my maintaining a Facebook presence is to promote my work, I would not be interested in remaining on Facebook as a platform if this interference continues, especially when Minds and other social media exist which are in the process of rapidly surpassing Facebook in popularity and user friendly policies.

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Why is it so challenging to open a Facebook account? I deleted my personal fb years ago and started looking at using it for business now but I had to create a personal profile 1st and verification steps are taking forever! I see you have to upload a photo and then your ID document? Is this a bank or a social media page? I don’t know how they’re even going to verify me because I have no other social media presence and also my ID photo is from 2005 and I look completely different now so I guess I will just have to rely on IG, Twitter & YouTube. Facebook is going in to deep waters with this and I think they are going to lose some traffic here. I honestly think the verification step can be simpler.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Facebook has removed many posts now from my business page that have not been returned despite the fact that they do not breach any Community Standards.

This includes now includes the URL for articles I’ve written on my Wordpress page that were allowed in the past and now get reviewed. All I get is a simple dialog box saying the URL goes against Community Standards. I’ve written to the Support and Community Standards Page on numerous occasions for over a year now. In the past there would be an apology and my posts would eventually be returned. Now I just get an automated message saying they’re reviewing my complaint and my posts have been completely stopped. I can no longer posts events or take out ads that include my URL. This makes it impossible for me to access the tools on Facebook for my business page.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I used Facebook to share messages with others and play games (e.g. Hearts of Vegas). After spending about $20 with Facebook I was banned. Facebook never told me why I was banned but I am sure it was my conservative posts and the fact that I had about 50,000 followers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Facebook?

Original review: June 30, 2019

I have been campaigning for President Trump, and the Facebook censors who are leftists don't like it. They sent me a notice that I have been banned for having an opinion about abortion, that they don't like. I never used any bad language, nor said anything to be banned for. Their true agenda is very obvious. If you are a conservative, Republican, Trump supporter, you have a target on your back at Facebook.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I Manage a number of Pages. In the year 2018 Facebook required me to provide proof of identity, yet my screen name didn't exactly match my as it is an acronym and is 90% similar my name. I didn't want that to change because everyone wants privacy and these pages I manage are NOT for myself but for an organization I'm not even the spokesperson of. After several attempts on 2018 I found their Policy on Names and proceeded to provide an additional name on my profile, it worked and it was approved. Nothing on my profile has changed since then. Now in 2019 they suddenly disregarded the process I went through last year.

I provided copy of my ID again and they came back at me with the same recourse that my name did not match my Id... After several tries, they sent me this reply: "...You have the option of adding additional names or updating your existing name...." which is exactly what I did in 2018 and is still there on my profile as it was accepted last year, after several tries I don't understand why they violate their own policies and have come into thinking this is an intent of someone who is sabotaging the line of business I am working for.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I am fed up of seeing sales of tobacco & cigarettes products on buy & sell Facebook groups!! When I report only told it does not go against the community standards. But it's the law you also have to have license to sell these and not to under 18's so age related. Or does Facebook think it is now above the law! It may not go against what you think Facebook, but there are laws in place for drugs sales and fines and imprisonment!

Original review: June 20, 2019

I opened my Facebook account on May 25, 2019. I was new on Facebook and have my new account only a few days. I posted only a few messages about stock and option investment in a Facebook group created for an investment group that I signed up with for a significant amount of money. Suddenly, in a few days, when try to open my Facebook page, it said I was blocked from my account. On June 1st, Facebook send me email with one click connection to my account, but I could not log in and they ask about my picture. I sent it to them. After one day my account was disabled, and I send them copy of my driver’s license, which they require for unblocking the account. I have not done anything wrong or suspicious. I do not have any idea why all of this happened. I have never got any explanation from Facebook why my account was disabled.

The most surprising for me that after disabling my account Facebook continue to send me advertisements. I contacted BBB and I received a standard answer that they could not help here and you need to get an answer on Facebook. But you cannot find the information, why your account has been disabled, and you cannot get an answer on Facebook. It's a vicious circle. I was surprised only by how Facebook gets a AAA rating, when they only care about money from ads that they continue to send after disconnecting an account and absolutely do not care about their customers. Please complain about Facebook to BBB, Federal Trade Commission (877) 382-4357 and Attorney General (800) 952-5225 and maybe one day they start to pay attention to their customers.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I commented on a CW post about flying the 'rainbow' flag at embassies, etc. and said that the only flag should be the United States flag. I received numerous replies from a certain individual calling me names, and wouldn't stop. My last comment to him was,"You are the bigot not I, and I'm tired of your immature name calling. Go bother someone else." Then I blocked him. Well, now I get a message from FB saying my comment wasn't up to their standards.(What???) Needless to say I'm very offended by this treatment. Oh, and when I complained to them, was told to give them my CC info and a dollar and they will get back in touch with me about it. Ludicrous!

Original review: June 17, 2019

On May 31, 2019, they (** Menlo Park, CA, US) debited 24.38 from my checking account - though I have deleted my advertising and 10 year timeline account with them. They made me close my account - when they created a policy of forcing fan pages with high visitation likes ratings over 50,000 to be verified (when they refused to send a code to verify those pages). 6/17/2019.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Facebook didn't 'approve' of my 1st amendment opinion that a man shooting at passerby traffic on the freeway (resulting in the 10 being shut down in 2 directions for HOURS) then burning down homes and shooting at police.....could have saved EVERYONE a lot of trouble just using the 1 bullet, quietly, without costing lots of money in: lost time, lost jobs, police cost etc.

Facebook labeled mentioning that AFTER the guy already offed himself as hate speech and/or Bullying. The shooter will never read my comment. That's a load of crap. I was actually bullied as a kid. That means taunted, teased, punched, kicked etc. Try IN PERSON. Mentioning this guy could have saved a lot of other people time and trouble AFTER he is dead...is not bullying, nor was his race/ethnicity ever mentioned. This is not 'bullying' nor hate speech. So basically Facebook SUPPORTS shooting at random drivers on their way to and from work, arson, and shooting at the Police. Nice.

Original review: June 11, 2019

About 30 days ago, I became aware of my posts not showing the web links to my website. I promote shows for two of the best clubs in the west coast which requires me to post at least twice per week. Without any explanation, I’m getting less and less traffic on my posts (IG), it all started after I paid for advertising from IG (Promote this post).

Original review: June 1, 2019

Facebook first of all made me put my real name on my account instead of a fake name that I had for PRIVACY reasons. Of course I have three other profiles under fake names that sound legit, so I guess the joke is on them. Also, they DO target people of certain beliefs. Any truth (as in FACTS out of THEIR literature) about Muslims and Islam is stifled, and like others here...I have been targeted for posts that are years old. Are they serious? They are a social media platform, NOT a workplace, military academy, or gov't agency. They erroneously think they wield power. They have far too large an opinion of themselves. It's actually rather amusing when you think about it.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I was trying to update my number and for some reason it had select three friends in my settings. I tried to change this and know my Facebook has been hacked multiple times but Facebook never did anything. Now it tells me after changing my password to select a security verification and I uploaded my driver's license and still no access. Again they have me to verify by using an old number that I was trying to update or select three friends. This is after getting my ID which hackers can steal and use and I'm a victim of fraud already. All I tried to do was update my number and I'm going through this type of harassment. I'm tired of them not responding. I have a protection from abuse order and there is information that can help me show stalking and Facebook is assisting these men by locking me out of my account and purposely making me do security verification of my account which aren't working.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I’m writing this because Facebook has been having a field day with constantly banning my account in 30 day increments. Ironically the first and last time were for “bullying/harassment”. The second no reason was given. I mean the last I checked the definition of bullying is: to seek to harm, intimidate, or coerce. The definition of harassment is: aggressive pressure or intimidation. Not once did I make a threat towards anyone. And using a meme and no words really shows how Facebook works. Especially considering most people who get banned for meme posting.... THEY FOUND THEM ON FACEBOOK TO BEGIN WITH!

In my opinion and the opinion of many others, those that work at Facebook have taken it upon themselves to target my account. Especially considering I just came off of my second ban (one that was given no reason why it happened) 7 days prior. That is what we call bullying/harassment. I find it rather funny as well that people make valid insults or post pictures of a sitting president blowing their brains out and it’s completely ok. Suppression of speech and expression is a major violation of our constitutional rights and I feel it’s time that something is definitely done about it.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have multiple items for sale and have pet service. Whenever I lost any of my services I get a notification that I am going against standards. I also have old posts where I have listed animals for sale. My account was locked for a few days due to this. I tried to find the posts and delete them. I missed a few and was locked for 2 weeks. I have NO IDEA where these posts are. I was unlocked and went through all of my MANY groups and found some posts from 2014. Thought I got them all, woke up this morning to my account locked for 30 days. Apparently I missed a post from 2014!!! One of the posts that was picked as a violation was simply a link to a webpage for animal rescue.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Yesterday they banned me for 7 days for a repost I posted months ago. Saying it contained nudity. There was not a single bit of nudity. Last time it was for a pro Trump sign. I can't use messenger or my business page. I don't know if it's due to them being a veteran, patriot, Trump supporter, ** male, American, who knows.

Original review: May 15, 2019

It is discriminatory, and bullying that Facebook suspends people for various time frames due to their non compliance with their rules. Their rules favor certain groups, organizations, political agendas, etc. If you do not function in accordance with their beliefs, and agenda they bully you into submission. They ban the sale of items, animals, pets, etc, by certain people, yet authorize and promote other organizations, groups, etc operate freely. I'm fed up with Facebook Corporate bullying people, and directly trying to influence the condemning of those who do not agree with them. This is the United States of America, and we are a free country. To utilize social media a person should not be subjected to corporate bullying, and dictatorship. They can sell MY personal information, but want to dictate what I do. This constant habit of them suspending accounts for violation needs to be stopped immediately. They do not own people!!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I feel like Facebook is targeting people with certain beliefs. How is it legal to pick a post from a year ago on someone's timeline and a year later banned you for it. We still live in the free world. Yet Facebook can sell my information, share my personal email to I don't know who. Why is this company allowed to silence anyone on anything we believe in.

Original review: May 11, 2019

This is the second time Facebook banned me for the responses I made about Hillary's stolen election comments... questioning when she will be brought to justice, that I person don't want to hear about her loss until she has stolen from her what she took from those that she sacrificed in Benghazi; they lost a lot more than election... and maybe one requested that she should be trialed and hung for treason.

These comments were made in the past. I think Facebook must have added an algorithm looking for comments against Hillary as I really doubt they received complaints about similar posts that spread weeks apart and in forums of like minded people. Consequently, I feel like Facebook is crossing a line with these bans. I feel like the complaints we've filed against Facebook with Congress have fallen on deaf ears and I'm not sure how to combat this. Are there any other ideas/legal routes that we might take to resolve this? If so, Would really appreciate. Please advise, thanks!

Original review: May 11, 2019

The Cambridge Incident I take it back put him IN JAIL. Mark Zuckerburg for a college person sounds like an IDIOT on TV in front of congress. This idiot is taking real accounts away and probably letting fake accounts stay. It looks like that to a lot of people Me I had 18 months of misery 2 facebook pages switched with someone else's. I have all foreign people on my page. Had all American people. VERIZON FIOS AND OPTONLINE COLLIDED Feb 22 2018. Kept from their customers. I had 2 pages and 3 emails from GOOGLE stolen. Can't get them back. The thieves have more authority.

These companies should be TAKEN offline. The owner does not know what he is doing and steals information that's not his. Our Government should be ashamed of themselves. In the real world they call that stealing so our governments are letting business online get away with stealing intellectual and personal property. I wonder why there is so much crime. They are enhanced it. They must want it to keep law enforcement and jails full more government money in the communities for big pensions.

The online community has become trash. The government gives Mark Zuckerburg a slap on the hands and he said he lost 16000000. No he stole 16000000 from a business owner. And the business owner cannot do anything about it. Get that the US GOVERNMENT is letting online business steal. They OK it. PayPal stole 2600.00 from me and the corporate owners say the money was never in my account. They win. I would never put another credit card online again. These companies are large enough to have support telephone numbers. Real business owners in the real world have them. Google and Facebook have no overhead. It's paid for by us jerks the people. THE PEOPLE HAVE TO STOP USING SERVICES FROM COMPANIES THAT DON'T HAVE SUPPORT LINES. Let's get all of our friends together and HELP or ELSE THE INTERNET IS GOING TO HAVE ALL GARBAGE ON IT.

What happened to the United States Of America. Donald Trump said, "Let's make it GREAT AGAIN. I'll Bet he will Back US UP. ONLINE COMMUNITIES the owners have no self respect and are very greedy. All they do is think about themselves. US the people are even stupider because they use them. The Cell phones providers need your Google email address for your cell to work. They can be stolen in an instant. All these apps they are dangerous. I had a cell phone melt in my hand because I could not take the battery out. That should be against the law. Removable batteries only. VERIZON FIOS IS HORRIBLE. THEY DON'T HELP FOR NOTHING.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Can you believe this??? My account was reported by a Trump supporter (the name listed there) and sent me to FB jail for 7 days until yesterday for a comment like this, and last night that I wanted to open the account again, FB said that my account was disabled. I don't understand why offensive, FLOTUS is the acronym form of First Lady of the United States. Trump supporters complain about Mark Zuckerberg being democrat, but I think his workers or the ones that are monitoring the post are Republicans. Now you can't use the words POTUS or FLOTUS because they are considered offensive by fb. ???

Original review: May 9, 2019

The last 30th April my FB fan page (1.2m audience) has been unpublished. Actually I have a lots editors of my page. A editor account was hacked and someone posted illegal post on my page from the editor account. I removed the account and post. But suddenly I saw my page has been unpublished. After that I was appeal to FB support. Also I sent my all notary document a letter to FB head office by DHL service.. Until now I didn't get any response from FB support. I don't know, what is the system of FB support review team. Anyway if anyone can help me to recover my page then reply here.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I was blocked for jokingly calling somebody a "dumb stupid idiot" on a roast page created for roasting people. "Dumb stupid idiot" does not violate community standards. Then when I try to submit a report I get an error message saying "could not process request", as if I whoever blocked my account, also blocked my ability to request a review.

Original review: May 6, 2019

For nearly 7 years I have been a member of a group dedicated to the care of sugar gliders. The group was run by some of the country's leading breeders and educated both new and seasoned keepers alike. Now the group has been deleted, why? Because it violates Facebook standards; which standards? We have no idea as the only response the group admin get is that the group violates Facebook standards! I queried if it could be they thought we were selling animals, which they apparently don't allow, but apart from the fact this was a very small part of the group's purpose, many, many pet selling groups are still active! So Facebook has closed down one of, if not the country's leading source of information and support for a creature with very specific needs and in effect put the care of them at risk because new owners, and indeed seasoned keepers, no longer have this information easily at hand.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Where to start with this company. I've been on Facebook for about ten years and it was great. You could interact with people and say what you wanted as long as you weren't making death threats. Now fast forward to today where if you do not align with their liberal fascist views you get unfairly targeted and banned again and again. You could report comments directly made about your race, or family and when they "review" it of course it does not go against the "community standards" but if the person who's targeted says "If you had a brain, you'd be dangerous" and get a 30 day ban.

I don't want to lose contact with family and friends I've had for over ten years but I guess I have to delete my account or try and sue these tyrants. I personally hope this company goes belly up or somebody starts a new social network where you can actually be social and not have to worry about trolls being allowed to attack everything about you that should be against the community standards but their incompetent and weak admins only do something about it if the comment has more conservative views. Absolutely horrible company that has too much power.

Original review: April 28, 2019

Facebook has a disgusting track record of banning people for their own agenda and political opinion. I’ve reported posts where the user says “all ** people should die, I will kill the next ** person I see” and it doesn’t violate the “community standard... but I get banned for 30 days for writing ONLY the penalty for treason in USofA under a picture of the golden boy of the democrat party. No verbiage was used, I didn’t even put a name. This far left extreme website influences our youth by their continued support for terrorizing groups like Antifa and Al Qaeda but you can’t even defend yourself against these goons as they troll your page. It’s despotism at its best on display. A clear favor to socialism and any attack on the freedoms of liberty and speech. It should be shut down. This isn’t a social network, it’s THE socialist network. It’s blatant censorship on anything not feeding its own agenda is disturbing to say the least.

Original review: April 28, 2019

After waking up one morning I found my personal account had been removed by Facebook. This is because of a group page I was in. I don't mind the fact of them deleting the group page, it's the fact of deleting my personal account. I have pictures that I can no longer recover... My grandchildren, our family holidays, our daughter and her husband who are both serving in the armed forces and sent us pictures. You can keep your Facebook - all I want is my private pictures back. Absolutely fuming and frustrated.

Original review: April 16, 2019

They have groups on Facebook where you can sell things along with this newly thing known as the marketplace yet every time I try to sell anything on my Facebook, I'm unable to because it "violates the rules." OKAY so I can't sell clothes because it violates your rules but yet every time I get on there, I see TONS of people selling the same exact thing??? OKAY, makes sense! Get your crap together Facebook!

Facebook Company Information