CreditExpert

Compare Credit Report Sites

Research top Credit Report Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I wanted my credit score right away. I went to escore (all three credit unions) who stated it would be available immediate. HOWEVER the score from TransUnion was "o". When I clicked on Experian and Equifax, it stated I had to wait 30 days before I would received my score. I was charged for this piece of BS. I called to cancel my membership account right away. "Jesse" placed me on hold for over 54 minutes! At about 20 minutes into the hold. I called back using my cell phone. A lady took care of me right away and cancel my account with a confirmation number! BUT the BS of "Jesse" was unacceptable!

Consumer Increased Rating!

AT&T apologized to me and removed my late fee charge right away. And they will give a special attention/advice to the agent "Leticia".

PJ of Costa Mesa, CA on

Original Review

I called AT&T customer service on 4/16/2016 for cancellation. I spoke & requested to agent named "Leticia" for the Bill statement for the last payment. However, the bill statement came to me after the due date on 5/1/2016 with the late payment charge. I called AT&T again, then Customer agent "Maria" explained that the bill cycle does not end until 5/10/2016, therefore the bill was not sent earlier, and plus the agent "Leticia" did not make any note about my request for the bill statement and did not explain to me for the possible late payment fee. Now, they want to report me to the collection agency, and the it was written on "5/10/2016."

I cancelled my membership with them in December of 2015. Out of the blue they started to charge me again in April. This seems to be a problem many are dealing with based on what's written here and at the BBB. There must be a class action case here because they clearly are only interested in defrauding people.

Did a free Credit Report that cost me one (1.00) dollar. No harm no fault right? Not that easy. Received an alert that my Credit Card had been billed 39.95 for that free Credit Report. Finally got a number to reach them and advised that I had not authorized the charge. I was promptly advised that they need to remove immediately. I was told that the 1.00 was for 7 days then it was the onetime fee or I could get a great rate of 9.25 per month for six months.

I am a Detective, not that it matters, but when I advised that this bordered on Extortion she placed me on hold and then advised that the charge was canceled. I placed a call to the FCC and requested they take a look at this agency. Valuable lesson learned, the 1.00 fee is a hook to get your CC information so they can charge. I could have looked at it as a savings to accept the offer, but then I didn't mind 1.00 charge. If we as a whole feel it's ok to be baited and switched then we give them license to do as they are doing now.

Consumerinfo.com has charge my card for the second time (Unauthorized) $49.90. SMH!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditExpert?

I saw a charge for 14.95 on my credit card from "Consumerinfo.com" and was a bit freaked out because I just had fraudulent charges on my prior card number 2 mos ago. This is part of freecreditreport.com who changed their name to Experian.com who now I guess changed to consumerinfo.com. I call these guys every year or so and tell them to cancel so they don't charge me 14.95 per month to view my credit score. If you call to cancel they will typically drop the price to the $9-$6 dollar range per a month. I can live with that and I like immediate alerts in regards to my credit report information.

This is not a scam, when you buy the $1 dollar report you are authorizing them to sign you up with a monthly service. (read the fine print). I have had this service for approximately 8 yrs and am happy with it minus the annual cancellation request to make it cheaper. Be leery when you order the score that you don't order the $34.95 report for all scores. They are making it more and more difficult to just find the free-for-members Experian score so pay attention!

I just got my credit report from Experian. Almost every week in 2013 & 2014, my credit report shows that this co. ran my credit, they must be out of business as no phone number. I will not fight with Experian to take this off as it is just crazy, makes me pretty angry. I hope Consumer Affairs can do something.

I signed up for $1 credit report. Ok I forgot to cancel so was charged $21.95. Now I'm trying to cancel. I can't access my account and the number they say call to cancel say I called after business hours Monday-Friday 6am-6pm but I called at 8:30am-9.00am back to back and I emailed to cancel, no response... They are frauds.

I signed up for the subscription and was told that I would be charged $1.00 and get 7 days free to review my credit score. After I log into the site on the first date to dispute an item on my credit report, I received a notice stating that an error had occurred, my request was not able to be processed, and that my credit card would not be charged. I attempted to login several times thinking this was some type of error. Each time I tried logging in for the first 3 days I was given the notice stating that an error had occurred, my request was not able to be processed, and that my credit card would not be charged.

7 days later, my credit card was charged $23.90 and surprisingly I was able to log into my account. I was very upset, and tried many, many, many, many times to cancel my subscription. This company does not have an option to cancel the subscription online. Every time I attempted to call and cancel through the automated service, it would error out when verifying my date of birth, and every time I was transferred to a representative, I ended up on hold, the longest time being 45 minutes. This company has very deceptive practices in order to steal your money. Save yourself the time and trouble, avoid them!!!

I was trying to buy ID protection service elsewhere; when it failed, I order $1 report from Experian website. So far so good. Today midnight, my card got charged for $29+. I wondered who did the fraud - it's stated as ConsumerInfo.com. A web research revealed that they do it very often and even was penalized for doing it, it's deception. They do not tell anything more than charging "$1", then they give the report, then all of a sudden they charge. Fun, right? A bad business practice because no one wanted their service. What service? Well, nothing! It's just about charging credit card by saving the card number for some other service, e.g. $1. Will you know any reason why I will buy their service? I know I don't want to. Because I do not know if they give any service at all! But see -- they think their service is worth buying.

When I don't agree that their service worth buying, will I buy? And when I called them to their number, they made me hear music for 10 minutes (I mean hold) and then disconnected. I realized they do not want to pick the calls on that number so easily so they kept it understaffed so that they can add more excuse of charging you again next month in case you discovered it. So I spent approximately 3 hours 'til now for buying a $1 item from their website. My lesson: never ever trust anyone. So much of harassment for buying a $1 item. Stay away from any of this type of company.

Their website said credit report for $1.00. I created an account, they charged my AMEX card $1.00 but I was never able to access my account to see the report. Two weeks later there was an additional charge on my card for $23.90. American Express investigated and credited my account Feb 4. The same day there was another charge of $23.90! Again, American Express credited my account so I did not lose any money, but it looks like these bastards think they are going to charge me every two weeks. I have now cancelled that card. I hope you put the word out so that these people are stopped.

Consumerinfo.com located on Alton Parkway in Irvine, CA and also goes by some other credit inquiry group name. They piss me off to no end, I'm going down to their business next week to see and talk to someone about their B.S. and it better stop. They do soft Credit inquiries every week on my credit report, why!!! WHY!! I'm tired of it, and someone should have the ability to stop their nonsense. I do not know who they are affiliated with or how I got their undivided attention, or why the hell they have to do a credit inquiry on me every 4 days or so. What is up with these morons? How can I make them stop! Help!

I bought info about one credit rating agency. They charged me for 3.

Unauthorized charges showing up. Signed up for credit report for few dollars, went to the three repositories for $35.95. Next thing I know, I have over $89 in charges within a few days. Have alerts to my phone when unauthorized AmEx charges appear. Woke me up on Christmas eve morning at 5 am. What scammers!

My credit card number with AmEx was stolen. This company was the first charge. AmEx caught it almost immediately. After reading the Other comments I'd say this company should be investigated. Shouldn't they request addresses tied to the credit card to charge on the internet? Seems like AmEx is on the ball with this company.

After signing up with Experian to get my $1 credit review I was charged a monthly unauthorized transaction charge by the same company doing business as consumerinfocom, with address listed as 535 Anton Blvd, #100, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. I contacted Amex and they have blocked this merchant from further charges. This company, consumer info, needs to be shut down.

They have hit my credit report so many times between 2013-14. There should be an explanation of the reasons for this. I am sending a registered letter to the company requesting the reason and that they cease and desist. If this doesn't work I will contact an attorney.

I am completely HEARTBROKEN by what this company (Freecreditreport.com) has done to me. I did not deserve this! I'm a good person! How dare them ask me my personal information, bank card info, and my identification, then they rape me. I have learned my lesson. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.

I don't know who these people are, they did 20 inquires on my credit report without my permission and without me knowing. Some kind of penalty should be done about this. I know it's a law. We the public are trying to correct the problem we have and we are paying for it with all cost and this company is getting away with fraud!!!!

I have been charged last 8 month $19.95 by them even though I have the same exact service through my bank for $12.95 a month. I tried to contact them months ago and then changed my card, however they have the ability to get the new card info from the bank and keep charging me. On the phone with a supervisor now and they said the most they will give me back is 1 month's worth. I have requested more being I have been paying for this service and never accessed though them till today to verify. I am on hold for 50 mins now trying get get a better rebate. There should be a law that says they must at least make contact with the owner of the card when it has changed.

It had happened to me what hundreds of other individuals have experienced. Upon looking over my transactions on my credit card one morning online, I saw a pending transaction for $24.95 from Consumerinfo.com. WTH? I called my credit card company and they said since it was pending, I could do one of two things: wait 8 days for it to clear and then they could reverse the transaction, OR call the company and obtain their merchant id#. I literally had 2 phones up to my face to complete this, but it took me three calls to Consumer Info to get the number, which was incorrect.

It should be 10 digits and they gave me 9 digits. How can a company NOT KNOW their merchant id number??? Long story short - NOBODY could give me the merchant id#. NOBODY. I have to wait 8 days for the refund and who knows how long for me to get the other $75... BEWARE!!! BEWAAAAARE!!!

I paid for a friend to sign up for Creditscore.com and it said $12.95/month then I was billed 24.95/month. How can I get money back?

The following is my cancel response to freescoreandmore.com: "I agreed to do business with Freescoreandmore.com and then after I give you my Social Security information and my banking account information, you say I have to agree that Consumerinfo.com will have my information and access information about me - NO! I did not agree to that company and how dare you say I have to agree to that after you have already taken my SS# "and" my banking account information! I DID NOT SEE MY CREDIT SCORE. You need to cancel and delete any information that belongs to me as I do not and did not agree to that company and they better not have my information. My stomach is in knots at this dirty trick you have pulled. My stomach turned and then I went to the Internet for reviews - they were WORSE than I could have imagined. I DID NOT USE YOUR SERVICE. Please delete my information as if I had never signed up."

ConsumerInfo.com, Inc. has checked my credit 49 Times in less than 24 months. Why?

I noticed last evening a charge of $17.95 on my AMEX account by this company. I contacted AMEX to dispute the charge and was informed that I have 8 other charges by this company going back 8 months! I never authorized any such charge. No idea who these ** are. AMEX has now blocked my account, but was only able to credit 5 of the 8 charges. You can be sure I'll be pursuing legal action against these scumbags.

Someone obtained my SS number and opened my credit report using other information that doesn't apply to me. The billing address, phone number, email address and credit card number wasn't mine. Due to this, they received all information needed to open credit card accounts. This company said they are a secure site, yet identity theft is on the rise and you'd think they would verify more info other than SS. I don't know how my SS number was obtained. I'm very distraught that it has been this easy for someone to open several accounts and cause havoc. This company was not helpful in trying to figure this out. I will never trust this company as a secure site.

I have monthly unauthorized transactions charged by the same company doing business as consumerinfocom, with address listed as 535 Anton Blvd, #100, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. I contacted Amex and they have blocked this merchant from further charges.

I noticed charges from Experian Credits showing up on my corporate Amex card recently. The details say: doing business as ConsumerInfo.com; merchant address, 535 Anton Blvd #100, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 United States. The catch is that this is on a corporate American Express card. I only use this card for travel expenses. I have not in recent history signed up for any "free credit reports" or anything like that. And even if I had, I would not have used this credit card - I would have used one of my personal credit cards. As far as I'm concerned, this is outright credit card fraud. I am calling Amex right now to cancel this card.

I am confused as to why your company is checking my credit? I have not signed up for your service. You have inquired about my financial information on: 4-5-11, 4-18-11, 6-19-11, 7-19-11, 9-6-11, 9-21-11, etc. Tell me what is going on here asap!

Charge on my credit card - I am being billed monthly for a service I did not ask for.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

CreditExpert.com is part of the ConsumerInfo.com family that is under the Experian umbrella. They were founded in 1995 and work to give consumers access to credit reports, monitoring and other credit-related information.

• Low cost: CreditExpert’s Credit Manager product offers access to an Experian credit report and PLUS score with enrollment in the program. After a trial period, if the consumer doesn’t cancel, they will be billed $3.99 per month.
  • Three bureau report: Members who sign up for PLUS Score may also receive a three bureau report that includes the basic Experian report to ensure they are accounting for their full credit history.
  • Account monitoring: Members are eligible for daily account monitoring to ensure their account isn't jeopardized.
  • Trusted: Equifax is one of the main credit bureaus, and lenders often look to them for solid consumer financial data.
  • Alerts: Customers can opt to receive alerts regarding activity on their accounts.
  • Educational resources: The company’s credit resources include calculators, a credit survey and quiz along with credit articles and a glossary.
  • Best for Consumers who need credit monitoring and consumers with poor credit.

Compare Credit Report Sites