Need a credit report site?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.11/5

179 CreditExpert Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 9, 2018

I gave all my information and my mom's information. I was told we did not have a credit score and no one knows why! After I pulled my own credit from Transunion and showed where I have a credit score. I was told that I gave them incorrect information. So I gave a copy of my tax refund, showing my correct SS# and that it matches what I gave them. They still said that the score issue was my fault and would not refund the money!

Original review: June 10, 2016

I wanted my credit score right away. I went to escore (all three credit unions) who stated it would be available immediate. HOWEVER the score from TransUnion was "o". When I clicked on Experian and Equifax, it stated I had to wait 30 days before I would received my score. I was charged for this piece of BS. I called to cancel my membership account right away. "Jesse" placed me on hold for over 54 minutes! At about 20 minutes into the hold. I called back using my cell phone. A lady took care of me right away and cancel my account with a confirmation number! BUT the BS of "Jesse" was unacceptable!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Report Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2016

I cancelled my membership with them in December of 2015. Out of the blue they started to charge me again in April. This seems to be a problem many are dealing with based on what's written here and at the BBB. There must be a class action case here because they clearly are only interested in defrauding people.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

Did a free Credit Report that cost me one (1.00) dollar. No harm no fault right? Not that easy. Received an alert that my Credit Card had been billed 39.95 for that free Credit Report. Finally got a number to reach them and advised that I had not authorized the charge. I was promptly advised that they need to remove immediately. I was told that the 1.00 was for 7 days then it was the onetime fee or I could get a great rate of 9.25 per month for six months.

I am a Detective, not that it matters, but when I advised that this bordered on Extortion she placed me on hold and then advised that the charge was canceled. I placed a call to the FCC and requested they take a look at this agency. Valuable lesson learned, the 1.00 fee is a hook to get your CC information so they can charge. I could have looked at it as a savings to accept the offer, but then I didn't mind 1.00 charge. If we as a whole feel it's ok to be baited and switched then we give them license to do as they are doing now.

Original review: April 17, 2015

I just got my credit report from Experian. Almost every week in 2013 & 2014, my credit report shows that this co. ran my credit, they must be out of business as no phone number. I will not fight with Experian to take this off as it is just crazy, makes me pretty angry. I hope Consumer Affairs can do something.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditExpert?

Original review: March 6, 2015

I signed up for $1 credit report. Ok I forgot to cancel so was charged $21.95. Now I'm trying to cancel. I can't access my account and the number they say call to cancel say I called after business hours Monday-Friday 6am-6pm but I called at 8:30am-9.00am back to back and I emailed to cancel, no response... They are frauds.

Original review: March 6, 2015

I signed up for the subscription and was told that I would be charged $1.00 and get 7 days free to review my credit score. After I log into the site on the first date to dispute an item on my credit report, I received a notice stating that an error had occurred, my request was not able to be processed, and that my credit card would not be charged. I attempted to login several times thinking this was some type of error. Each time I tried logging in for the first 3 days I was given the notice stating that an error had occurred, my request was not able to be processed, and that my credit card would not be charged.

7 days later, my credit card was charged $23.90 and surprisingly I was able to log into my account. I was very upset, and tried many, many, many, many times to cancel my subscription. This company does not have an option to cancel the subscription online. Every time I attempted to call and cancel through the automated service, it would error out when verifying my date of birth, and every time I was transferred to a representative, I ended up on hold, the longest time being 45 minutes. This company has very deceptive practices in order to steal your money. Save yourself the time and trouble, avoid them!!!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

I was trying to buy ID protection service elsewhere; when it failed, I order $1 report from Experian website. So far so good. Today midnight, my card got charged for $29+. I wondered who did the fraud - it's stated as ConsumerInfo.com. A web research revealed that they do it very often and even was penalized for doing it, it's deception. They do not tell anything more than charging "$1", then they give the report, then all of a sudden they charge. Fun, right? A bad business practice because no one wanted their service. What service? Well, nothing! It's just about charging credit card by saving the card number for some other service, e.g. $1. Will you know any reason why I will buy their service? I know I don't want to. Because I do not know if they give any service at all! But see -- they think their service is worth buying.

When I don't agree that their service worth buying, will I buy? And when I called them to their number, they made me hear music for 10 minutes (I mean hold) and then disconnected. I realized they do not want to pick the calls on that number so easily so they kept it understaffed so that they can add more excuse of charging you again next month in case you discovered it. So I spent approximately 3 hours 'til now for buying a $1 item from their website. My lesson: never ever trust anyone. So much of harassment for buying a $1 item. Stay away from any of this type of company.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2015

Their website said credit report for $1.00. I created an account, they charged my AMEX card $1.00 but I was never able to access my account to see the report. Two weeks later there was an additional charge on my card for $23.90. American Express investigated and credited my account Feb 4. The same day there was another charge of $23.90! Again, American Express credited my account so I did not lose any money, but it looks like these ** think they are going to charge me every two weeks. I have now cancelled that card. I hope you put the word out so that these people are stopped.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2015

Consumerinfo.com located on Alton Parkway in Irvine, CA and also goes by some other credit inquiry group name. They piss me off to no end, I'm going down to their business next week to see and talk to someone about their B.S. and it better stop. They do soft Credit inquiries every week on my credit report, why!!! WHY!! I'm tired of it, and someone should have the ability to stop their nonsense. I do not know who they are affiliated with or how I got their undivided attention, or why the hell they have to do a credit inquiry on me every 4 days or so. What is up with these morons? How can I make them stop! Help!

CreditExpert expert review by Barbara Friedberg

CreditExpert.com is part of the ConsumerInfo.com family that is under the Experian umbrella. They were founded in 1995 and work to give consumers access to credit reports, monitoring and other credit-related information.

• Low cost: CreditExpert’s Credit Manager product offers access to an Experian credit report and PLUS score with enrollment in the program. After a trial period, if the consumer doesn’t cancel, they will be billed $3.99 per month.

• Three bureau report: Members who sign up for PLUS Score may also receive a three bureau report that includes the basic Experian report to ensure they are accounting for their full credit history.

• Account monitoring: Members are eligible for daily account monitoring to ensure their account isn't jeopardized.

• Trusted: Equifax is one of the main credit bureaus, and lenders often look to them for solid consumer financial data.

• Alerts: Customers can opt to receive alerts regarding activity on their accounts.

• Educational resources: The company’s credit resources include calculators, a credit survey and quiz along with credit articles and a glossary.

• Best for: Consumers who need credit monitoring and consumers with poor credit.

Profile picture of Barbara Friedberg