1.11/5

179 CreditExpert Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 30, 2008

FreeCreditReport is not FREE! I went online to order a FREE credit report. I got the credit report, but in the process I was signed up for a credit monitoring program without my knowledge or consent. When the $14.95 charge was posted to my credit card, I called 800-388-8725 to find out why I was charged. They told me that when I got my "free" credit report, the webpage told me I was signed up for a credit monitoring service, and I had 7 days to cancel the service. I do not recall seeing anything to this effect on the webpage, nor did I get an email telling me I would be charged.

The person I spoke to REFUSED to refund my $14.95, but they did cancel my "membership". I have called my credit card company to dispute the charge, I hope that works. These type of SLAMMING charges need to be stopped! I was charged for something I did not order or consent to pay for. Now I have to take my time and energy to get it reversed, and may be out the $14.95.

Original review: July 28, 2008

On July 7, 2008, I ordered a free credit report and was signed up for a monthly service of some kind for $14.95 per month. I never agreed to any such service and do not even know what kind of service it is. Called and asked them to cancel it. She said there was a deadline for canceling it so would have to pay the first month's fee of $14.95 but they would cancel for the rest of the year.

I have disputed the charge through my Chase Visa card but don't know if it will help. This credit report was definitely not free and it was never clear that I was being offered a product or service that would cost me $174 a year.

Charged $14.95 on credit card for a service I did not request. Never saw anything about it and do not want to pay for it.

Original review: July 26, 2008

I got free trial membership and "free" credit reports for my husband and I. I can't get them to stop taking the $14.95 a month out of my credit card. Help! They have no address and the phone number puts you on hold forever and then hangs up.

Original review: July 23, 2008

I was getting charged twice a month by CIC after signing up at freecreditreport.com for a free copy of my credit report. After two years of twice-monthly fees, we cancelled our debit card and ordered a new one. Now CIC no longer has access to our account and the fees have stopped.

If you want to stop the automatic monthly charges, cancel the credit card you used to sign up unknowingly for and order a new card with a new number. Don't bother calling your credit card company or bank to complain and especially don't call CIC or freecreditreport.com. Hope this helps everyone. It worked for us and we have been CIC charge-free for 3 months now....finally...a way to get rid of those fraudulant charges.

Original review: June 21, 2008

I asked for a free credit report and do not signing up for anything but I have been getting charged 14.95 every month since. Granted it isn't to much at a time but I still would like to have that money back. I have no idea how to make them stop either. I would love some help on this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditExpert?

Original review: June 14, 2008

I will not rest until the company that originated this charge to my account pays it back and is criminally charged for the unauthorized withdrawal of funds from my account! I've had to pay $12.95 for a service I never requested, nor received. I have had to cancel my debit card, order a replacement, and borrow money from friends to cover my expenses until my new card is received. Not to mention, I have wasted a lot of precious working hours on trying to get this charge removed or credited, to no avail.

I am out of $12.95 for a 'free' credit report. How do I cancel this?

Original review: June 10, 2008

I would like the credit report agency stop taking monthly payment from my account because i'm not using it if you could help with this and about this credit report i just used it one time Thank You

Original review: June 6, 2008

I had went to freecreditreport.com to get copies of m credit reports. I didn't realise this was not the goverment site to get an actual credit report. In almost a year and a half since I have been charged every month or so. I have tried contacting the company and am always told it will be cancelled but I keep getting charged.

I have lost aprox. $215 so far. Not a lot to most people but it's sizeable when you consider I only make 5-600 a month.

Original review: June 2, 2008

went online tofreecreditreport.com and now I am being charged $12.00 every month. I don't remember signing up for anything like a monthly report, only the free trial. What gives?

I didn't notice it the first or second time until I was overdrawn at the bank to the total of $64.00!

Original review: May 17, 2008

CIC has been debiting my account $11.95 a few times without my consent. I would like for these transactions to stop.

Because of these debits this caused me to go negative in my account without my knowing. In result I was charged an overdraft fee of $27.50 for a charge made against my negative balance.

Original review: May 13, 2008

After having attempted to contact CIC for months unsuccessfully I actually spoke with someone about an hour ago. They admitted to having a record showing I had cancelled my account in the past but could not explain 17 months worth of charges after that. They relented in giving me 8 months refund but said I had to write a letter or fax them to attempt to get back the other 9 months in addition to any other charges I may have had because of there error of which there are a few.

I am owed a total of close to $200.00 plus some other misc. charges because of inaccurate banking.

Original review: May 13, 2008

I started the free credit report about a year ago and just realized that for the last year every month I have been charged 11.95 from them. I cancelled my membership right before the free membership was done and just now realized I am still getting charged.

Original review: May 13, 2008

I signed up for my free credit report, and I was charged $12.00 a month without my concent after I tried to cancel services they tricked me into signing up for.

I'm out 12 bucks, so far, but I had to freeze my account and change the number, and I hope that the charges will stop despite the fact that they have my information. They refused to send me any confirmation that my account had been requested cancelled, however. I've read several similar accounts, and I'm wondering if something like a class action suit is in the workings.

Original review: May 11, 2008

I applied for a free credit report and since have been charged over and over again. Monthly charges of 9.95 and an initial charge of 79.95 have never been authorized by me. I don't know how to stop it and CANNOT afford it. Please help me! Thanks

Original review: May 10, 2008

i opened a trail membership with them and tried to cancel about 3 times now and ive gotten charged 3 months for $29. i see their are alot of complaints on them and i dont see how their are still running their company. i want my money back

Original review: May 10, 2008

I have been charged for a free credit report. I have tried several times to contact them, but to no avail. They do not answer the phone and do not provide you with an alturnative method of contacting them.

Reacurring payment of 11.95 is being charged to my account.

Original review: May 2, 2008

Charged for Free /Credit Report on 4/24/08 by 2 Credit Reporting companies #1. CIC CC- Credit Reort - $14.95 & Privacy Matter - same date 04/14/08 - $ 29.95 Had cancelled both accounts.. Want charges to stop immediately and return of funds lost $14.95 and 29.95 from each Consumer Reoprting Agency..want a refund immediately and to be taken off the charge list.. This was to be FREE CREDIT REPORTS

Original review: April 27, 2008

I applied for a free credit report through freecreditreport.com (cic)and got my free credit report for myself and my hubby. I canceled within the 1 month they give you. I have had charges on my debit card now for 3 months-totaling at least $60. I called again today and they said my account was closed but not hubbys!

Original review: April 14, 2008

Charged for Free /Credit Report on 4/14/08 by two Credit Reporting companies #1. CIC CC- Credit Reort - $14.95 & Equaifax Consumer - same date 04/14/08 - $ 14.95Had cancelled account in past.. Want charges to stop immediately and return of funds

lost $14.95 from each Consumer Reoprting Agency..want a refund immediately and to be taken off the charge list.. This was to be FREE CREDIT REPORTS

Original review: April 11, 2008

I did not sign up for this credit service and I want this charge to stop immediately and my account credited.

Original review: April 10, 2008

This credit reporting company debited my banking account, somehow using my debit/credit card without my authorization.

As a result of this I believe the company has fraudulenty authorized my banking account, and also has access to it.

Original review: April 8, 2008

I have been debited for 11.95 for so long, even after I cancelled the trial. They have never replied back to me about cancelling.

My account for years now, has been debited and I just want it to stop,especially since I don't even use the service.

Original review: March 18, 2008

I had to get a credit report because Experian completely messed up my report. Unbeknownst to me I signed up for a 30-day free trial and have been charged $15 for the past four months. They claim that they have now canceled it, but they refused to refund the money.

I am planning to sue them in small claims court, but I am an attorney and realize that not everyone has the ability to do this.

Original review: March 17, 2008

CIC*CE CREDIT REPORT 8003888725 CA is what the details of the $12.95 charge to my credit card read. I've never signed up for anything regarding credit reports, online or otherwise. I have no idea how or why this amount was charged to my card, or how to get it back. I'm told by my bank that the only way to avoid it happening again is to have the card disabled, which I am in the process of doing as I type this now. I want that $12.95 back, and I plan to do that, if it takes me a year to do it. I never asked for a copy of my credit report, never gave my credit card number to any credit agency or otherwise affiliated reporting agency; and in lieu of this, that $12.95 will be reported as a fraudulent charge and possible identity theft. I will not rest until the company that originated this charge to my account pays it back and is criminally charged for the unauthorized withdrawal of funds from my account!

Original review: March 11, 2008

All circuits are busy indefinitely. I have been charged $9.95 every month for nothing. I cannot get hold of anyone, and I want this stopped. Will get a lawyer if necessary.

They caused an overdraft and expenses that are used for a struggling family. I am angry and motivated to pursue legal action.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2008

Several years ago I applied for a 2nd mortgage. I went to this companies web site to get a free credit report. The web site was confusing and said I could cancel on line, but I saw no way to do that. I have been paying $11.95 per month ever since. When I call to cancel, I am placed on hold forever!

This has meant a loss to me of over $200 each year with no end in sight.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2008

They keep charging my bank account without my authorization or knowledge and permission.

I'm starting to get mad. I'm in the military, and every little bit of money I need. I work hard to have money--not for them to take it away.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2008

They won't cancel my account. I called asking for physical address so I could send a letter to show the bank that I had attempted to cancel. CIC told me they couldn't cancel my account due to an IT problem. Yet they continue to take the money.

I am going to have to cancel my bank account and open a new one. This is going to cause me a lot of problems due to automatic payments from legitimate companies.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2008

Like many others that I have read about, I went online to get my credit report, and I keep getting a monthly charge from these people for $9.95 a month. Seems to be no way to cancel.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2008

We applied for credit, and our bank ran a credit report on us. I received a letter from our bank stating that there were a couple discrepancies on our credit report. The letter also stated that I have a right to see my report. I then went online to freecreditreport.com to access my account and was told to give my information. I was never charged for this in the past and was never enrolled in a credit monitor service that charges a monthly fee. However, I am now. A monthly charge of $12.00 appeared on my credit card because they said that I agreed to it when I looked up my report recently. I never remember seeing this come up as I was accessing my report and certainly never agreed to it. I have recently canceled the membership as soon as I got my credit card statement showing the charge, but they still got $12.00 from me as they have from many other people.

Apparently this begins with freecreditreport.com, and somehow CIC Triple Advantage gets a hold of you; and all of a sudden you somehow joined a monthly membership with them to monitor your credit for you at the cost of $12.00 per month. Think about how much money this is if this happens to at least 1,000 people, and they get $12.00 (if not more) out of them because of their dishonest business ethics.

CreditExpert Company Information