Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.31/5
Based on 1,824 ratings submitted in the last year

Capital One

Capital One has credit cards to help you earn points to use towards major purchases, including travel. Read reviews for Capital One Venture to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

4579 Capital One Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 5, 2019

I banked with WF for years, simply because that was the bank that my parents used and my very first account. Two years ago, I lost my job and started looking for ways to save money. That's when I discovered Capital One and decided to open a Money Market account with them, since a friend referred me and explained that I would get a $100 credit by signing up with her code, in addition to a 2% interest rate. I decided to try it and obtained $180 after the first 30 days of opening the account; $80 as interest, and $100 from my friend's referral code. I can't believe that I had spent so many years banking with institutions that only offered %0.01 for my money!

While doing my research, I also saw that other banks advertise a 2% interest rate but when I clicked to find out more information, it was only offered on CD accounts, which means that I would have not been able to touch my money for 9 or 12 months. With Capital One's Money Market, that's not an issue. I can receive a high interest rate while also being able to access that money any time, without paying any penalties. Capital One 360 has helped me obtain more for my money and keep better track of my credit score through its "creditwise" reports. Once I got hired and started working full-time again, I also decided to start using Capital One credit cards. I started with the Quicksilver, and now I have the Savor card. I love how easy it is to pay or transfer money both through my computer and the phone app. I loved Quicksilver because it felt like a very honest card, you get 1.5% cash back on ALL your purchases, period.

I didn't have to try to figure out if I was only getting 1% on gas, but 2% on entertainment, or try to figure out which purchase would classify for cash back. I now have the Savor card because I do spend a significant amount of money eating out and on entertainment, and the 4% cash back adds up fairly quickly. I genuinely feel that Capital One 360 has helped me improve my financial life and I prefer this bank over any of the other banks that I have used: higher interest, better and quicker customer service, and easy to use phone app.

My only suggestion would be that I wish Capital One offered mortgage options, that way I wouldn't have to look for mortgage lenders through another bank. I highly recommend Capital One and think that you will find the right account and card for your needs. Here's my referral code, in case you decided to try it. I receive $20 for referring you, and you receive $100 for opening a new 360 account (360 Checking, 360 Savings or 360 Money Market), with an initial deposit of $250. Enjoy! https://capital.one/2Xrh0Wx

Original review: June 2, 2019

I just want to acknowledge Capital One for the customer service I always receive. They value even the little people and the interest rate I pay 24% or something like that doesn’t even bother me because It is a small price to pay for great care. They always fix any issue — fast on unauthorized charges even crediting your account before determining your disputes validity.

I was late 2 times in the past 6 months due to a broken phone and a move and when I called to see if I could reverse the late fee they did so with no hesitation! My limits are 500 and 1000 so that they care for me as a mediocre customer speaks loudly to their integrity and shows they value All customers... which after being treated unfairly by Walmart credit after never making late payments and getting a credit reduction really made me appreciate them. Not to mention when you say you want an agent on the automated system it just says ok not asking why until you are blue in the face.. 10 stars Cap One.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I spoke to a gentleman I believe his name was Kerry? Or Terry? Point is he was absolutely amazing. I was helped as soon as I found out someone else was using my card. Even though it was 11:30 at night! I have never on the phone had someone as helpful professional, and just plain awesome at handling a stressful situation for a customer. He reminded me multiple times that everything will be alright and that Capital One will take care of everything. His kind words and EXTREMELY professional demeanor were refreshing and amazing to see. He definitely deserves this review, and represented his company so well that I have a completely new view and will be keeping my card for a very long time. A++++++++ service! Thank you!!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I believe you should always show and share your appreciation for kindness. So I need to share my experience with my Capital One credit card. Please take the time to read this, I would greatly appreciate my story being heard. With that being said I called to make my payment via phone November 1st... I was confused to hear the automated balance was $700 dollars less than my statement balance. I quickly pressed 0 for customer service. Long story short I insisted to escalate the call as to the fact I thought it was an error. It was brought to my attention that my active duty husband enrolled us in SCRA (Servicemembers Civil Relief Act). It’s a program that lowers interest rates to %4, not late fees or membership fees and no finance charges for the duration of his deployment.

I’m sure others (like me) are unaware that Capital One offers this service. $700 might not be a lot to some but it meant the world to me and my husband...Especially with upcoming holidays. Everyone seems to recognize the military only on Veterans Day and Memorial Day. It’s always been a shame being a military. We are ‘really’ honored two days a year. I felt it very necessary to thank management and waited on hold to do so. I spoke with Tyler a military specialist in the SCAR department and he listened to my story. He then thanked my family for our service and also thanked me for being so genuinely and taking the time to say thank you. I will admit I was shocked Tyler had so much empathy for me.

After hanging up I didn’t think experience with Capital One could get any better until today... I received a huge bouquet from 1-800-flowers with the message inside that read... “It was a joy speaking with you. Your positive attitude changed my day, I hope these brightens your day, just like you did for me! Wish you nothing but the best. Daja and Capital One”. I have never felt more important... My hope for sharing this is for all credit cardholders to feel as special and appreciated as I do from a Company/corporation and employees as I do. I don’t feel like a ‘number’ and I know I will be heard in the future when I have questions or concerns. Thank you for taking care of us little people and making us feel important and valued. Not all companies take care of the military. For those of you unaware Capital One does! Forever Grateful.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I would like to rate my experience MUCH higher. My nightmarish financial situation started spiraling downhill two years ago. I've had my Platinum MasterCard card for over 5 yrs and had maintained an excellent payment history until just about a year and a half ago. Medical costs started piling up, my husband went on FMLA and lost 40% of his income, then went on SS Disability and lost another 20%. Through it all, Capital One had my back. Sure, late fees and finance fees started piling up until it wasn't long until I was over my credit limit. I was PROACTIVE and called them as the signs of trouble with being able to meet my payments FIRST began.

I did not wait until they started calling me!!! I truly believe this helped salvage my situation with them. They were kind, understanding and one representative even sent me a gorgeous lightweight blanket filled with words of hope and encouragement! It has taken over 8 months to get to the point where I am UNDER my credit limit now though my balance is still too high for my liking. My payments are now "normal-ish" but doable. Their payment assistance program and department employees helped us with no doubt. Yes, I highly appreciate the opportunities they gave to save my card, help me through, and help to start rebuilding my credit again. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED... If you are good to them they will most definitely be good to you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One?

Original review: July 23, 2019

This review is 100% accurate and true. I opened an account for me and my teenage daughter. I messed up when entering her social security number and my finger hit a 3 not a 4 so she was locked out of her account while I completed an IRS form to verify her social.... This part was completely MY FAULT, but what ensued after was a horrible ordeal I pray no one else goes through. We were in the middle of a move and while driving a 26’ van, moving 465 miles and 2 states away, Capital One closed both accounts with NO warning only to leave me to find out when my debit card was declined to fill up for gas. I figured this was a security measure as I had just used it leaving VA and was now in NC so I called their fraud department to validate the gas transaction only to find out both accounts were closed due and they would never do business with me again, so they not only closed my bank accounts but also my credit cards.

MY information was always accurate, so I asked what fraud and was denied an explanation. I had previously had 2 auto loans and 3 credit cards with them, but now they want to sever the relationship with no explanation? WTF!! So I’m told all monies in the bank accounts would be returned in 7-10 business days. I verified my mailing address since I was moving and they had the new address as the place to mail the checks. This ordeal started on June 14, 2019 and ended on July 17, 2019. I made over 25 phone calls trying to get my money, verified my address 47 times because I was usually transferred to their security department. They mailed the original checks to the wrong address even though I verified with each call my new address and they confirmed that’s where the checks were sent.

I emailed the bank CEO Richard Fairbank 7 times with not one response. I called their McLean number on 4 occasions hoping for help, but they do not have any Leadership team in place for such problems, you must deal with their customer service. I was spoken to by their reps with sarcasm and lack of empathy for what I was dealing with and I’m a disabled single mother of 2 who needed her money to live off of. Finally on 7-15-2019, I got a nasty employee, his ID was ** and he told me maybe I shouldn’t commit fraud and I said wait what? He said all of my accounts were closed for fraud.... Not one person had told me that before and I lost it because obviously with 2 previously financed and paid off vehicles, I was not committing fraud.

One car paid off on 4-17 and the most recent financed in 4-16 and completely paid off in July 2018. BTW, I only got my money after filing a complaint with the office of the OCC, Treasury of the United States, they’re in charge, should banks behave with such careless disregard for customer’s money. Can’t give zero stars. This is my real experience with being a CO Customer since 2010. I just hope no one else experiences the disrespect I faced from over 7 employees, I started taking ID numbers once the disrespect started. Please think wisely. As I wrote to Richard Fairbank....What’s in my wallet? From now on everyone, but Capital One!!!!

Original review: July 21, 2019

Absolutely horrible company - they did not honor my reward miles. Even after 7 calls, Capital One has still done nothing to fix this. If you plan to sign up to any company in regards to rewards, go somewhere else. It isn’t worth the risk.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I had an account with Capital One for a year paying with my checking account monthly with no problems. Upon calling to complain that Capital One applied a statement on my credit report causing a 60 decrease my account was then deleted - alleged to be fraud. Executive offices lied terribly to me and I was able to explain in detail that facts. Capital One will not reverse their actions and will not approve a new card application they advised me to apply for. The alleged investigation they took never reached out to me prior to closing the account to prove any identity issues between myself and Capital One. I have been treated very poorly and 2 complaints filed by myself to the CFPB seem to bear no effect with them expediting the process as it's causing hardship.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I trusted Capital One to be my main card while traveling. This was a nightmare. I contacted the rep to share that I could not pay my bill due to not having the same sim card while traveling internationally, which their site required me to authenticate with due to it recognizing that I was overseas. They responded with questions, including some which I had no way of knowing from very old public records, and then when I could not remember my address from a home I lived in 10 years ago for 3 months in Grass Valley, locked me out of my card use and account, leaving me in a foreign country with no money, after I had literally put far too much trust in this company for being my solid financial card during my travels.

They literally confirmed that they require me to fly home (from Costa Rica to the US), go to the DMV, get a replacement drivers license (mine is missing), then WAIT 30 DAYS, then submit it to be reconsidered for access to my account. Or fly home, find my social security card (filed somewhere in my garage I would presume), and submit that with my passport. Literally, those were the 2 options they gave me. In either case, they required me to END my trip and to FLY HOME in order to access my account again.

I suggest you either stay away from this company if you can afford to if you can get another card. Or, I might suggest having them as a backup but never counting on them to treat you like a human being or to actually consider the context from which you are contacting them, or to actually be reliable as a point of access to funds while you are traveling.

The customer service felt heartless and uncaring to me, and the fact that the site was in such a state that it could not authenticate me in any of the hundreds of other ways which would have also been just as valid and relevant to my situation was very sad. I felt embarrassed for whoever built that site. The fact that the lead of customer service did not have the authority to do anything about the situation, and simply 'had to lock me out of my account' because the 'computer says to' made me lose every ounce of confidence I ever had in this company. What I like about the card in particular is that it doesn't have the same fees as my normal bank card or PayPal card when it comes to pulling funds out of an ATM overseas, so it's helpful to have, even though I will never again trust this company to be reliable when it comes to managing my travel funds.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I filed a dispute with Capital One well within the requested time limit after a failed attempt with the merchant. The merchant sent an e-mail stating they sent the wrong product but would only refund me 50 percent. I thought this was case closed as the merchant admitted to the error. I sent a copy of this letter on to Capital One only for them to come back and say they couldn’t verify the letter was sent from the merchant and now the time to dispute the charge had expired. Even though a week went on with no correspondence from Capital One regarding the documentation that I sent. “Calvin” the agent I dealt with was the most useless person I’ve have ever spoken with, and definitely needs some Customer Service training.

Original review: July 19, 2019

On vacation unable to access account online. Computer locked out for no reason. This is a ruse to force me to give them my cell phone number, which I do not give out. Terrible customer service. Took 5 min to get to someone who told me they will not unlock my account unless I give them my cell. Extortion! There are other rewards cards. It's time to cancel.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I’ve received my card February 2019, I was told I would have to fill out an SSA form which was no problem. I was told it will take 7-10 business day to come in the mail, and 2 weeks later nothing. I constantly called the company and representatives keep telling me they’ll send it out and will notify the department, it’s going on July 18 and no forms. When I called in June I was told the person who was supposed to send me the forms never started on it even when they keep sending notice to do so. So I have a credit card that I’ve had from February until July 18, which I have not been able to use due to lack of contact from their departments, nor have I’ve been compensated for their inconvenience. End of complaint, I ended up getting an Discover credit card which I love and it haves awesome rewards and was able to use as soon as I receive the card.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I have never had a positive customer service experience with this company. You would think they would be more knowledgeable but the treating of the agent sucks because they know nothing and instead of figuring out what is best to help you they will just transfer you from person to person. They have never delivered on anything they say and I have not had 1 positive experience. I'm closing this card and severing all ties.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I spent 3 hours on the phone with Capital One last night and was lied to and manipulated. I asked for a customer retention specialist and told Capital One has no retention specialist. I was told three different stories why my line of credit was reduced from 100k to 20k, from I called and requested, to Capital One saying they sent a letter, to Capital One just did it. Have been a customer since 2011. Capital One is what I call the AI experience! 829 credit score. Never missed a payment on my end!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I work for IBM, we get paid on the 15th and end of month. I have paperwork stating if a payday falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday we get paid the Friday before. Here it is Friday the 12th... Monday being the 15th and I have no direct deposit. This is the third time this has happened. All my co-workers got paid just fine but Capital One refuses to release direct deposit funds on time. They say they aren't holding it but HR stated they sent it, everyone who doesn't have Capital One got paid... You do the math.

Original review: July 12, 2019

I would give ZERO stars if I could. I received a letter in the mail indicating they closed my account since my credit card hadn’t been used in 3 years. There was no warning, no recourse. I called and they refused to reopen my account. And why exactly can’t you reopen an account for your customers? Because you can’t make any money off me?!?! They said if I would like to continue doing business with them I would have to apply for a new card. I will absolutely NOT!

I have been a Capital One customer for 20+ years, the first 15 of which you collected plenty of annual fees, late fees, and interest from me. And this is how you treat your customers?!?! You have now negatively impacted my credit in 2 ways. The first is my length of credit history since this was the card I’ve had the longest. The second is the reduction in the amount of my overall credit. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. SHAME ON YOU CAPITAL ONE! At least Bank of America had the decency to notify their customers and warn them if they don’t use their card, their account will be closed.

Original review: July 10, 2019

BEWARE. THIS COMPANY IS TERRIBLE WITH FRAUDULENT CHARGES!!! I made a purchase at Ulta for $78.99 and left my card in the reader. The next customer in line used my card and charged $193.00. Someone found the card and it ended up in Ulta’s safe and they destroyed it. When I contacted the store they said “oh her name is Rita” so they know it was a different person than me using the card. If you compare the receipts you will see the rewards number on her purchase and not on mine. I was credited the charge and issued a new card when it happened and then over 2 months later they are saying the investigation proved it was not fraud and they put the charge back on my card. I have spent hours on the phone talking with supervisors at Capital One and at Ulta and am now working with a detective. They said I had to prove I was not the one who used the card.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I have been a card holder for 20 years. I DO NOT recommend this card! There is no fraud security, or accountability when fraud is detected. A few years ago someone was able to hack into my account and add her name as a user on my account. Then she called Capital One and was “allowed” to change my address, email, and phone number to hers, and asked for a new card. ALL RED FLAGS, you would think. The lady proceeded to charge hundreds of dollars at a Walmart, all caught on tape. When I called Capital One customer service, they reviewed the account, noted the fraud, closed that card and sent me a new one. All was good, until later when I noticed they had filed a 30 day late payment to the credit bureau. They will not budge, even though the fraud was their fault. Now I have a negative item on my credit file. My next step is an attorney.

Original review: July 7, 2019

I have been a customer for 15 months. I have two credit cards. I am what most business considered a millennial customer. I have an excellent customer history. Pay 98% of the time in full, however for the first time I paid my bill after 8pm which I did not know was the deadline. After 15 months first time I forget. Paid it on the date it was due by but just missed a time deadline by a couple of hours. As a result I did not get my increase on my new card. Which the rep I spoke to after the payment was made said would not happen. He even told me that he would refund my late fee which he did. I feel lied to and unvalued. I hate that I have no experience with credit and finance agencies and such. I don't recommend this company at all that do not value their customers and they lie and misinform. If you like dealing with poor customer service than you chose the right people.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I have had a Capital One credit card for over 3 years and took a cash advance back in 2016 for $103. I called today to inquire as to why I am being charged interest for cash advances when I have not taken any cash advances. After being on the phone for an hour and having the Capital One manual on interest read to me, no one has been able to tell me what my money is going towards. After dealing with the language barrier I am told that the reason I am still paying the cash advance interest fee is because I have not paid the card off in full. Doesn't a part of my payment get applied to the principle balance? If that is the case why hasn't that $103 been paid in full. I was tired of the aggravation and asked for the Consumer Relations Department.. The representative didn't know what I meant, placed me on hold and then disconnected the call.

I call back and explain to the next representative my issue and that all I need is the contact information for the corporate office. After another 40 minutes on the phone and being aggravated even more from being placed on hold several more times and again read the Capital One manual. The overseas rep offers me a PO Box number in Utah. I ask for the contact number to follow up on my complaint and I am offered the fax number. I said I dont want a fax number I need a number to speak with someone. I am placed on hold again for him to get a contact number but when he returns instead of providing me with a contact number I am told that he can transfer me to the IVR to file my complaint. After arguing and questioning as to how is the automated system going to take my complaint. I became frustrated and said I would just contact the BBB regarding their unethical billing practice I just hung up. Absolutely Ridiculous!!!

Original review: July 5, 2019

I opened up a checking account in May. Everything was fine until they didn’t have my social security number correctly because of a number missing so they locked my account. I had to send in w-9 documents confirming my identity like three times already. Each time I called they always needed the same documents or telling me that it’s still in process. They even made me have to call the social security administration office, the representative said that everything was fine, my records are clean.

So I called Capital One customer security back to tell them that everything was fine with my social security number. The representative from Capital One specifically said “Who told you that you had to call the social security administration?” Are you kidding me? I’ve never had this experience with a bank before. I thought Capital One was such a great bank giving great customer service. To not make this anymore longer than already is. If I can give it no stars, I would.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Beware of this company should you have a credit issued to a closed acct. I am still waiting on a refund on my deceased father's acct that was electronically transferred to his closed acct on 4/18/19. I contacted them regarding refund on 4/30/19 and was told 30 to 60 days from the time I contacted them (not since they received the credit on a closed acct). I called today 7/5/2019 and the refund was processed on 6/29 but can still take an additional 14 days to mail. They charge us a horrendous late fee if we are 1 day late but can use our money for up to 3 months. Something is wrong with a company who treats their customers in this manner. I'm only one person but I am going to cancel my personal credit card and encourage family and friends to use a more customer service friendly company.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Opened up a brand new Capital One 360 checking account after being duped into believing how easy and simple money transfers and bill-paying transactions were. The account was funded through a relative's bank account in the amount of $10,000 ACH. Never even got to use the account. They immediately froze the account, would not give me any reasons as to why. They wouldn't speak to the relative even after confirming her identity. We went to the sending bank, same thing. They claim the transfer moved flawlessly, and once the money was no longer at their institution, there was nothing they could do.

There is $10,000 sitting in limbo, with verified identities, frozen and inaccessible. I've called at least 15 times to both places, filed reports, tried an ACH dispute, Capital One will not relinquish the funds and refuses to give any explanation as to why. Bank at Capital One at your OWN PERIL, they are money sharks and they absolutely do not care. My next step is calling a lawyer. They cannot legally do this.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I called to update my account information and after I provided all my personal details, they still asking me for a bunch of documents to send to prove my identity and locked my card. I spoke with several customer services representatives from all over India without any resolution, so I finished with my card locked and my data not updated.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Capital One sucks! They charged me interest after I paid the balance off in full. Last month they charged me interest which was my fault 'cause I didn’t pay it off fully but this month I did. I won’t be doing business with them again. I will pay off my card use my miles and cancel the card. The manager would not refund me a $6 interest charge after I put a $800 payment to my card the day before it was due! Last month they charged me $11 which I could understand in interest for not paying the balance off in full. But this month it is unacceptable when I put my entire paycheck towards Capital One! I’ve been a customer since 2017. They have not waived one interest charge for me. Other credit card companies I have such as Chase, Discover, Citi has. Do not do your business with Capital One! Plus I paid the yearly fee for the Capital One Venture card and they still would not waive a $6 interest charge.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I have been a long time member and, according to my record, have always made my payments on time and would pay more than the minimum requested. Although a member, I still receive "pre-approved"credit card offers from Capital One by mail and email, constantly. Now, that I requested a small increase to my credit limit, I was declined. Not because of late payments, bad credit score, or for exhausting my line of credit, of which I have not, but for these reasons--- "average" (not minimum) low payments, and too many recent credit inquiries. I am sure these are their legal reasons for declining my request, but, imagine if you come across an unexpected urgency and need a small increase... Capital One is not there when you need them. Very disappointed customer.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I called today Tuesday morning to ask one question- call was transferred to another rep. Still on hold for the last 45min. Could send you snap of my mobile showing the call time. It is still saying “ Thanks for holding - we are experiencing high volume of calls - A rep will be shortly with you.“ The first girl picked my phone was Hunny I believe.

Original review: July 1, 2019

My interest rate is an absurd 25.24%. I simply called to get my interest rate lowered seeing as I can only afford 150.00 a month but they are charging me 101.00 a month in interest and I will never be able to get that amount down at this rate. I am basically paying 50.00 on my actual account and it is barely budging while they are making over 1,000 on me a year. I have explained to them I am a single mom and have had recent hardships with medical bills and education bills and I have never made ONE late payment and have had an account with them for almost 3 years now. I was transferred 4 separate times on the phone. The second guy I talked to was so rude and basically asked me how do I manage being a single mom but not be able to make my payments when that's not AT ALL WHAT I SAID. He said there was NO upper supervisor that would take my call....

I felt so discriminated against and never dealt with this horrible customer service in my life. Please save yourself the hassle and NEVER sign up with Capital One. After being transferred 5 times they said that is "the only available APR rate available". That is complete lies!! I know they can do it. None of my family or friends have ever had trouble lowering their APR with any other company. Especially since I informed them of my recent hardships. The end result of this is me transferring my balance to a different company and them losing me as a customer. I will never recommend this card to anyone.

Original review: July 1, 2019

After reporting that someone was using my credit card, canceling such credit card, etc. I tried to get my new card number so I could inform my recurring merchants who are contacting me because they are getting charges rejected. I was kept on the phone 45 minutes - the first girl tried very hard but kept getting the wrong information, a second girl, Valentina from I.T. didn't have a clue about anything and when I finally got a supervisor, I was told that it was impossible for me to get that information until the new card arrived. Why wasn't I informed of that in the first place? Shouldn't agents know about this? I'm very disappointed and will seriously consider one of the many other credit card companies that every month request my business.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I have been a Capital One account holder for some time, my husband as well for over 5 years. I received an auto increase once for making on time payments. My husband hasn't received any increases the entire 5 years. My denials state too many inquiries which is absurd considering it's the lowest percentage of relevance credit decisions are based on. I use my card monthly and PIF every month. My credit score isn't perfect. It's a 680 but then again Capital One isn't a prime card. All my other cards have significantly higher limits especially my Discover card yet Capital one won't increase my line when I'm sure they see the much higher limits I have on my other cards.

When I call customer service I get BS answers and every rep has a different answer. I even had a friend call about her denial and they increased her limit when she called but I was told "we don't do that." Clearly Capital One's credit department is lacking in decisions and customer service. Just to ensure I wasn't overacting I questioned my other card companies if they'd deny increase requests based PURELY on credit inquiries and they all said, "Absolutely not". If my inquiries were opening new accounts I'd understand the denial but these were annual inquiries requesting increases. Capital One is the ONLY card denying mine. I will definitely be closing this account as it's worthless and the customer service sucks.

Capital One expert review by Beverly Harzog

Capital One, a Fortune 500 company, is one of the most recognized brands in America. It is one of the nation's top 10 largest banks and has locations primarily in New York, New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.

• Travel rewards: Capital One offers great rewards on flights that can be redeemed anytime, with no blackout dates. Use miles for tickets, hotels, rentals and more.

• Credit builders: Capital One has a specialty in helping customers establish or rebuild their credit with credit cards targeted to those with fair or poor credit.

• Secured credit card: This is one of the most popular secured cards on the market. Capital One sometimes offers a cardholder a partially-secured card, which means that the customer gets a credit limit that’s higher than the deposit.

• Cash back: A few of Capital One's cards offer unlimited cash back on every purchase, and this feature is available on both consumer and business cards.

• Spark-branded small business credit cards: There are rewards cards for cash back and airline miles. Capital One also offers corporate credit cards.

• Clear and concise website: This company does a good job being transparent and explaining the rates, fees and rewards for its credit cards.

• Best for: Consumers and business owners who have good-to-excellent credit who want a rewards credit card. Also, consumers who need to build credit or repair bad credit. They also offer commercial corporate cards.

Profile picture of Beverly Harzog
Beverly Harzog Credit Cards Contributing Editor

Beverly Harzog is a nationally-recognized credit card expert, consumer advocate and author. She’s appeared on Fox News, CNN Newsource, NBC New York and more. Her advice has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Money Magazine, CNNMoney.com, The New York Times, Kiplinger, Real Simple, Time.com, Family Circle and much more.

Capital One Company Information