2. Finance

Premier Bankcard

Premier Bankcard
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Bankcard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: June 22, 2020

I have had this card for about 6 months and do love it for the fact that they gave me a chance with a bad credit score. Just like any low score card the fees exist and interest is high but I always pay down my balances quickly so it doesn't bother me too much and it's a small price to pay to rebuild credit which is truly needed. My only real complaint with these guys is that in order to get credit increases you have to pay 25% of the increase.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I applied and received Premier Credit Card in January 2020. Had a rough start at first but got on track. I started making more than minimum payments before due date and my available credit remained at $0. Today I called to inquire about it and was told that my account had been closed due to overdue.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I was with First Premier Bank card for 10+ years. I originally got this credit card to build my credit. Never had any issues with this company. I recently changed banks and canceled my auto-pay for the old bank account and signed up auto-pay on the new bank account. I printed out the confirmation when it was completed and I also received a letter from First Premier Bank confirming the signup of auto-pay. After 2 months the automatic payment was still not coming out of my bank account so I called First Premier Bank to get the time-frame of how long it generally takes to take effect. The customer service representative informed me that although I had signed up for it, there was an internal error and the auto-payment had never been set up and auto-pay was no longer available.

I asked to speak to customer retention and that representative told me the exact same thing. I asked how if I had confirmations from First Premier Bank, how could this be possible. The representative said it just so happened that the same day I re-signed up for auto-pay was the same exact day that First Premier Bank discontinued auto-pay. I asked why I was not notified of this and the representative stated a letter had been mailed. No such letter has yet to be received. The customer retention representative did absolutely nothing to assist me in any way, and then offered for me to close my account. Disgraceful. Consumer beware.

Original review: May 24, 2020

I've had this card for years and got it due to credit score issues. I've always paid at or above minimum payment and paid timely 95% of the time. Due to the pandemic I had to pay less than the required minimum. Let me tell you, this company preceded to call my phone 4 and 5 times a day without leaving a voicemail and hanging up when I answered. That's irritant number 1. Then they sent an email telling me I missed a payment.

Well, I didn't miss a payment. I just paid an amount less than what was required due to their exorbitant fees. So that's irritant number 2. Irritant number 3 is I get a mailer that basically threatens to report me as delinquent to the credit bureaus if I didn't make another payment by a certain date and time. I never got this threat even when I missed a payment in the past. I'm so done with these people. I was going to try and additional by not paying other necessities but that is definitely not going to happen. I will pay my utilities FIRST and FirstPremier Bank can cry to the bureaus all they want. This card is going in the trash.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I opened this account in March 2020. Paid $79 upfront + $8 per month for a $700 credit line. Used it often, paid more than the minimum, made extra payments, etc. But because I made ONE "PayPal CashCard" "bank draft" for one of my payments, that by the way, has a Wells Fargo routing & account number, and Premier doesn't like or have a relationship with, they rejected it and canceled my account, but did not notify me. There is NO LIST of banks they don't like, so you would have no way of avoiding this problem. I did not know they suspended me, but I saw the money that I did the bank draft for still sitting in my paypal acct, called Premier back, and used the SAME paypal account, but with its debit card to redo the payment, which brought me to a zero balance, not knowing they had cancelled me and not being told that by their by customer service either.

Basically, they profit by charging you enormous setup fees, and once they get your money, cancel you. They market themselves as a bank to help you build your credit, but truth is, they will take your money & lower your credit score. Setting up a credit card degrades your credit, but is worth it because it allows you to demonstrate your ability to borrow & pay back, but canceling your account degrades it even more, and with no time to establish a history of borrowing & paying back, you just are left worst than they found you. Bottom line is that you will pay $100 to $200, lose your credit line, and lower your credit score with First Premier Bank. I am pursuing a lawsuit because first Premier bank is a scam, taking advantage of folks trying to re establish their credit. This is exploitation.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I had a Premier bank card and I received temporary Custody of my 3 grandchildren. I lost my job and Premier bank card calls my phone number at least 12 to 15 times everyday. I have it recorded. They do not care if they call 12 o'clock at night, they call 8 o'clock in the morning. I've tried to talk to them, make some type of payment arrangements even if it's $25 a month. They do not care. Sometimes they call in they just sit on the phone. They don't say anything. They just sit there in silence. I have blocked them but they still call and I see where they're calling. Is very irritating. I am 54 years old trying to raise these children. Have reached out for help with a section 8 and stamps and I have these 3 babies and Premier bank card will not leave me alone.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Suspended and Closed Account with On-Time Payments. Opened this account in 10/2017. I was rebuilding my credit after a divorce, so I didn't mind the fees, deposit, etc. My credit score went up and I received a notice from the company that I could open a second card. I was still rebuilding my credit, so I did it. I have had the same issues as others: taking too long to post payments, declined and having to verify my identity, paying exorbitant fees, and payments showing they were made but my available credit never changing.

Fast forward to yesterday, I get an electronic letter for both of my accounts stating they were SUSPENDED for a returned payment on both accounts...for a single returned payment 2 months ago that I corrected immediately since it was just a simple human error while typing in the payment date. I sent an electronic inquiry requesting that my accounts be taken off of suspension because they are current and have never been reported negatively the whole time I've had them. This morning, I get two more electronic letters stating that my accounts have been closed but will continue to charge monthly fees and interest until I pay off the accounts.

I had eventually wanted to transfer my balances to a more reputable card now that my credit score has gone up, but I'm afraid these bogus account closures will affect that credit score making it nearly impossible to get a balance transfer from my bank (or a better card). Indeed, this company is predatory. I understand why people use them. I had to rebuild like many other people, and unfortunately they trap you. If you're with them now, pay your balance down. Get another card from somewhere else and then close your account.

Original review: May 4, 2020

My credit card was stolen by them and then they charged my real card. Their customer service is horrible and they are dishonest. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! I had to cancel my real card in order to claim the fraud they committed.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I opened an account with First Premier to help with my credit. I should have known something was wrong when they sent the card before I could fund it. My problem came when I got the first bill and I decided to pay the bill in full. For some reason I still don't understand my card was suspended for some bs reason. After getting non working fax numbers to verify who I am I closed this account today. The customer service is not helpful. Please do your research before dealing with this company.

Original review: April 30, 2020

I have been with them for 16 months. Always paid my payments on time. I used my debit card to pay every payment. Their operator stated they are changing their policies and forcing card suspensions because they are concerned about risky people making payments during the virus concern. They ask for my bank information. I refused to provide it. They then cancelled my use of my debit card to pay them off and would only accept my bank account. I closed my account but I warn everyone to be very careful with this company.

Premier Bankcard Company Information