Premier Bankcard
1.04/5
  • 1 star
Based on 45 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Premier Bankcard

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 10, 2018

755 Premier Bankcard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I never do reviews. But!!! This company was so horrid I had to warn somebody. This is just what it should be, a start up credit card. Build and dump them. They add monthly fees along with the yearly. Interest is Rape HIGH. And they do not value long term customers. Not to mention there's a cut off time to pay your due date payment? Shouldn't you have the entire day to make your payment online? Anyways they charged a late fee for that regardless. Bottom line THEY SUCK!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Got the card and sent my processing fee in. Card never became activated. Upon contact they told me they reserve the right to refuse application at any time. Asked for a refund and was told that the money I sent was used for processing my application. Stay away from them!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Please do not attempt to use Premier Credit Card. The practices of this company should be consider illegal. After two years of non stop problems I decided to close my account. I then found out there was a credit of $75 to be refunded to me. I was told after waiting weeks the payment was mailed Nov 16. It's now Dec 25 and no check received. I am amazed at what these guys get away with doing. Beware-of-First-Premier!!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I was offered this credit card with no deposit and a required annual fee. I didn't really need it as I have successfully been on the right path with my USAA credit card (great card by the way... if you qualify). I was thinking because I only have 1 credit account open, why not have 2 with one I only use for incidentals (First Premier). So immediately after I opened it, I paid it completely off (their *fee) and didn't touch it. While the payment "posted" the same day I paid it (through the app) a week later the credit limit had not change and the balance due remained the same.

It still showed me owing them money, even though I paid it completely off and it shows online and via the customer service rep. However, no one can tell me when the payment will actually post. I don't need to credit but I do find it fishy that a week later, they are still dragging their feet on posting the credit. My USAA credit card posts... immediately, regardless of the bank account I use to pay it with. If they get a payment...I get a credit.

Maybe I got spoiled with a good company and am just lost at how in 2017 a company can receive a payment... on time... in full... and still not post it after 7 days?!?! Does this company operate out of a cave in Afghanistan on DSL? Madness. If you're truly trying to improve your credit, "maybe" get this card, just don't plan on ever being able to use it. Hahaha. If you have other options, I highly recommend you explore them. I will continue to keep this account because I recently opened it and don't need a negative mark on "age of account". But seriously a week? Haha. Also, I don't think customer service actually know what bank they work for or how to access anything within their own corporation.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I had account with Premier credit card billing was paid on time at times, if not things were caught up and phone calls made to corporation. Premier Credit closed my account back here in August 2017, they stated account closed in September 7, 2017. This company have been sending me bills stating, "Have you forgotten about your account?" I have not forgotten about account because this company is reporting to the credit bureau monthly on a closed account in which they closed. I received a letter from the directing officer on 12/22/2017, stating my account was closed due to returned payments and they credited account of $87.00. I am not understanding how you are crediting account of which you closed out, and no documentation has been sent to me. I telephoned my bank and found out, I have never has any items returned on any accounts for this whole year, not even from Premier Credit Card company.

I am not sure why this company is falsely sending information and defamation my character over an account they closed. They are stating, I owe $421.59 in which, I'd not believe because if your corporation can lie about payments returned they can lie about anything. I am so disappointed in Premier Credit Card company. I want this negative information removed from my credit along with any payments they are claiming, I owe. They are not to be trusted. The directing officer sent me information that is not true, now what does that tell you about this company. It seems like consumers can be liable for company's mistakes but not the company themselves. Why is that? I will be posting letter along with bank letter once it has been received on my end. This is unethical and unfair to any consumer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

This is the worst credit card. I had to put 100 security deposit for a 400$ credit limit and when I received the card the credit limit was 298$. Because of my bad credit I was willing to accept this. I charged the full amount and when I sent in a payment of 300$ it took well over 7 business days to process. They took the funds from my checking account within 24 hours so the money is just sitting between computer lines. Trying to build my credit the plan was to use it for bills but that is a no go. It has caused more problems than good. If I would do it all over again never would I use this card and as soon as my credit is better I'm canceling it ASAP. A check clears faster than this company can clear electronic funds.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I opened a secured credit card with this "bank" (read: extortion company) in order to help repair my credit in 2015. After paying for continuous monthly/yearly fees for a card I rarely used, I was finally sick of it. Between the months of April and October I had somehow racked up a balance of $260~ on a $0 balance from late fees assessed from monthly fees. I paid a late fee on the monthly fee? Oh, and of course that affected my credit score negatively. I paid off the account, then closed it.The retention agent had the audacity to offer me a $25 credit if I kept the account open - I almost laughed if it weren't for trying to maintain some sense of decorum with this farcically extortionist company.

$400 to open the "secured" account, several hundred more for monthly/yearly/'late' fees assessed, and no they don't send your initial deposit amount back to you when the account is closed. I have nothing positive to show from utilizing this company other than recommending that no one else ever use this company. Almost a month after closing the account, which was a week after confirming the account was at a $0 balance, I'm now filling a dispute as the past due alert is still affecting my credit score.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I closed my two credit cards from First Premier. I had to get a bank loan when I saw that the balances kept getting higher and higher even though I had stopped using them months ago. The balances had climbed over the credit limits and now I was being charged fees for going over my limit! If there is a class action suit I want in! This bank is fraudulent. I paid the balances but I still owe late fees! Someone, please give me answers!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

First Bank of Moron (Premier) won't even be helpful when trying to settle a collections account. 35% of the total is their fees and insane predatory interest rates. They charge for everything from answering the phone to making a payment. CON ARTISTS. Rude stupid minimum wage employees, and equally stupid supervisors. Avoid this bank at any and all costs. Not worth the grief. If there is ever a class action lawsuit against these misfits, please count me in. Banking industry should investigate, and suspend their banking license. They prey on those with poor credit, and bleed them for everything they can. Run, don't walk from any of this bank's offers...

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

First Premier has the most prehistoric online system. No statements available, no year end info available. Can only go back a few months, and they want to charge fees to provide what they should be providing online! The most user unfriendly credit card I've ever had.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This is the worst card EVER. I went to pay my payment and after a year and them charging a 78 dollar fee for the year I go on there and I am over because they took out 12 dollars. IT IS A TERRIBLE IDEAL to get this card. They will charge you so many fees that you can't keep up with what you are paying. The finance charges are out of this world and it's just AWFUL. If you want to rebuild your credit try Capital One, avoid this one at all costs. It has no email address to send complaints to. It has no chat available.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

This company screwed me in my attempt to improve my credit score. It’s frustrating as I always paid ahead of time. They foolishly suspended my credit card which had a 20 point effect on my credit score. Their reason: they are asking me to prove that I’m authorized to use my own bank card to pay my bill. They want me to fax them documents and signature and other bs. I don't have time to ** with this petty company as I work all the time. I have had a great experience with Capital One! Thanks First Premier you really treated me and my credit score poorly.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I closed my credit card in August 2017 and paid it in full but continue to receive bills with monthly charges and a late charge!!! The bill was paid and customer service makes up excuses and won’t remove charges. Fraud and a scam card!!! No stars if I could.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I've never been late on a single payment for any of my credit cards. Money was tight and I applied for this card to keep as a backup. I didn't know about the fees attached to it. I got my first bill before I even had a card! I made my first payment in August and it was sent back from the bank (apparently the account number was invalid and this wasn't told to me until after it was returned the second time.)

September I tried to use the card right after Hurricane Harvey and it wasn't working so I called and they told me it had been because I had a returned payment but they saw my September payment and we were okay. I called while we drove from Houston to Phoenix to see if there was that hurricane relief help like deferring payments, the rude woman told me the account dad delinquent and I had to pay 65 but she'd credit back the late fees. I was annoyed but paid it. No one told me my account would be closed a few days later. Shame on them for not informing me of what was happening to my account and double shame for hurting my credit and making a very hard time harder. STAY AWAY FROM FIRST PREMIER.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I struggled making many of my bills. Yes I was late and behind on payments several times. I ended up paying my balance off to zero in June. Because I wasn't using my card they were charging me a fee of 30.00 a month. I didn't know this. I started getting late payment notices. When I called to ask what was going on. They told me they waived all the fees and just canceled my account. I don't get it. It was great for them when I struggled and carried a large balance.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Only recommend First Premier Bank to your enemies! This company is greedy because they charge you a $14.95 monthly fee simply for having an account with them whether you have made charges or not, whether there is a balance or not. Just for having their card, you are charged $14.95 a month. Their other fees kick in very quickly, yet they are extremely slow to update their website to let you know what transactions are pending/posted or whatever fees they charge making it easier for you lose track or not know what you're getting charged. This scenario will put you over the limit if you go anywhere near the limit and you face over the limit fees when they tack on their various fees such as interest and other fees they deem necessary.

Never go anywhere near your limit on any card, but especially with these crooks. They take up to 20 effing days to post your payments made from your checking account which is complete BS. I've had one secured card with them for a year and they offered me a second, unsecured card. I just paid them off today and will close both the accounts. I've had nothing but bad experiences with this company all due to their slowness to post payments (up to 20 days), their snail like pace of posting transactions, even pending ones and their generally high level of absolute greed. I have had a Capital One card and will keep them over this company because they are speedy to post transactions, payments and don't charge a BS fee of $14.95 a month just for having an account with them. Only recommend First Premier Bank to your enemies!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

The IT Dept has created a box with (5) sections to click on to receive a code, so you can officially log on. Today I entered the box for my cell phone to receive a text. NOT... tried again 2 more times and NOT one text. Then I tried my landline phone to receive a message, NOT. Last resort was my email address and NOT - I even checked my spam filter and nothing was there.

What a complete waste of time and JOKE. Ended up paying the cc with the phone option. Called the company and that was another joke, since the stupid guy kept insisting the system works. Going to pay off this cc and not use them again. Everything was perfectly fine, before the IT Dept redesigned the format with a code.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

So my bill is due September 1st so I pay it exactly on that day. I go look at my account to see if the payment went through and I see they charged me a $25 late charge. I called customer service and I tried to see what happen. She tells me that after submitting a payment after 5 pm the payment is considered late which is a bunch of BS. She then tells me it's a part of a contract that I've never seen before because I do everything online. Now I'm a little frustrated and the rude customer service assistant hangs up on me while I was asking her a question. This company sucks and they find any way to get your money... I'm paying them off and I'm going to close this account...

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

This bank scams you in fees because it needs the money... Aside from the initial $95.00 fee to activate the account, there's a $75.00 annual account fee. I got this card to try and build my credit, however in reading the reviews and going through my own experience, I'm led to believe that this bank is targeting consumers with low credit scores and fumbling their payments to charge additional fees. I say this because even with the extremely high interest rate, they're still not making any money off of existing balances, so the objective would be for the financially hardshipped consumer to either care more about their credit rating being affected and just submit and pay, or the report of the consumer's poor credit rating supporting this scamming loan shark of a bank.

I suspected something was funny when I scheduled my first card payment to this establishment through the bank's online customer account portal, I was very efficient in entering my account ACH information and scheduled the payment on time. However, I received a phone call from customer service saying my payment was returned. I was outraged because my checking account could verify the funds were available, and my checking account has been open and active with this nationwide notable bank for 11 years. So I just hung up on the lady because I wasn't about to submit to ANOTHER FEE for making a payment over the phone with a representative, thus admitting to them being correct in pursuing collections activity on my account.

I logged into the customer account portal to verify that my ACH payment information was entered in correctly (AS IT WAS) and re-submitted the payment (IT ACCEPTED IT). The following month, the same thing happened again. Despite the proven acceptance of the previous correctly submitted payment and saved information that I had no need to update... I still received another phone call and it sounded like the same lady; I instantly just hung up! When I logged onto the online customer portal to schedule the payment I discovered that I also received a LATE PAYMENT FEE which depleted the credit limit and pushed it over the limit so AN OVER THE LIMIT FEE was applied. In addition... I had been blocked from making online payments.

To make situations more trifling... when I called the number on the back of the card to make the payment, their automated system undermined my banking establishment and delivered me a message that the banking information was a money order and the payment couldn't be accepted. Luckily I have two checking accounts with the same bank, same verifiable routing number, and within good standing for 11 years. The phone automated system repeated the ACH account information in which I only had to enter in once and correctly, accepted the payment and provided a confirmation number. I'm completely interested in pursuing a lawsuit behind the chain of events resulting in fees with this institution, and all of the previous reviews are supporting facts.

You people need not doubt yourself because this company is minor and the tone set by their business affairs leads me to believe they feel more entitled for extending us lines of credit considering hardships and previous experience. Their intentions seem greasy as if they don't really care to help consumers build credit by sticking to the terms and conditions of the consumer agreement, and without conspiring against the consumer within those terms of agreement as a profit scam to make more money.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Was mailed a Premier Bankard credit card. Never received it. They sent another one. I called and told them my current payment was not right as I never received the card. They said they'd cancel it and move it back a month. Tried to use the card. No credit due to the original monthly charge still in place. Credit on hold for a $30.00 monthly charge for a card I never received. Told credit would be released after I paid the charge. This is after a $90.00 processing fee and $125.00 in more processing charges. With the $30.00 fee I guess I'm forced to pay, total paid $245.00 to get a $500.00 credit card that the day you receive it has a $375.00 credit limit. Outrageous. Don't ever get involved with these people. They’re crooks!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I decided to get this card to help build my credit. I set up my account and scheduled my first payment. However when I set it up one number was incorrect on my bank routing number. I called the bank as soon as I saw it didn't post and made my payment which was DBL the amount due. The lady accepted it and asked if I wanted to pay off my card. I explained, "No I need to make monthly payments." The next week I went to use my card and found out it was closed. I literally had the card one month and corrected the information so there would be no problems. Even explained the error which they could see. Yet they say my consistent late payment is why it closed... How the hell. Don't ever get this card. They will ruin your credit instead of helping. I had to send my bank statement to prove I had money in my account even at the time of the payment but then got another letter saying I had insufficient funds so the account is closed. Scam.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

This is the worst company ever. They steal your money. The deposit to open the account is non refundable. Then the annual fee is due immediately after you sign up for the card. Your bill comes before you receive or use the card. NEVER GET A CREDIT CARD FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Run from this company... First Premier Mastercard is a joke and scam. They closed my account due to making two return check payments. The problem was this was the first time I ever used the credit card payment as an ACH draft and I was told to schedule a payment to do it on the app. I did make a payment for 50.00 and then scheduled next day of 200.00. Note that my bill was not due yet. So when I processed my 50.00 payment it cleared and then showed available the next day then I called the next day cause I seen the 200 didn't post and they said they would call and push it through but couldn't cause it was the weekend and Green Dot didn't answer. Then the next week was told to pay it in full and they'd waive the return check fees.

But the mistake I made is I had 1 digit off on acct number so when I scheduled my 200 on app with saved acct it made them both return and I paid it in full to First Premier. Explained it was a mistake due to I miskeyed this but in all fairness my bill wasn’t due. So now I have a closed acct. This is sorry to do a 100 percent paying customer. And every fax I sent they had an excuse. I don't understand but what I'm saying is the truth. They won't let me talk to loss prevention dept. It don't exist except if they email them. This is horrible and fraudulent to do this to a customer. The rep promised me after making payment in full that it would available after 1 business day. No other rep cares. She lied to me. But this is a disaster.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I have never in my entire life experience anything like this. This awful credit card was paid on time each month, and now paid off. I have a Capital One credit card that report my status with the bureaus each month, these idiots have not reported my payments since April, it's now July and it looks like my utilization is out of the roof. I have since cut this awful card up. I made my final payment on the account a week ago from today and it has not been posted on my account with these idiots yet. They got me this time, but it will never happen again. Crazy ** people!!!

Original review: June 26, 2017

I got an offer in the mail from Premier and I have been rebuilding my credit so I was excited at the prospect of a new card. This place is the biggest scam ever and it seems like no one can do anything so they continue robbing people. Does anyone know how to stop this company besides reviews that everyone has wrote? There are no good reviews on this company, they are thieves and it's frustrating because they are going to continue to rob people with bad credit. I am contacting the Attorney General for my state and also the state the company claims to be located. I have nothing but time and will stay on the phone until something is done. Does anyone know of any class action lawsuits? Is this considered predatory lending? I know what they're doing at the best is unethical.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Received a Premier Bank credit card in mail was told I needed to pay a $95.00 dollar fee before credit limit would be available. I did that, first time I used the card they blocked it cause I had too many transactions. Called hot. That cleared up. Now I just made a payment in full of 250.00 on Friday and another payment on Saturday of 50.00 total 300.00 dollars. Tried to use my card declined, called and stated I just made payments. They told me my card was suspended for fraudulent activity and I needed to fax them statements that the debit card I was making payments from was mine and not a business account. Mind you my debit card is prepaid with NetSpend. Now my car insurance due and that's how I would be paying it with my Premier credit card but can't make payment on it cause they suspended my account. It sucks!!!

Original review: June 8, 2017

Was checking my account online with my bank and found a $322.20 charge with First Premier, and I do not have a single thing with them. Never even heard of this bank or credit place whatever the hell this is. Immediately called my bank and was able to put in a fraud form and am calling First Premier in the morning as I couldn't get in touch with anyone besides a robot on the phone today. Look out everyone.

Original review: June 6, 2017

So I get home and I received a letter in the mail that I've been or approved for a 300 MasterCard with a fee and I'm like "okay great". I have bad credit. I need to work on it. Let's do this! I kinda wondered about the random pre approval but I did read the paper and just called to ask questions about it. I call and he immediately asks my personal information and I give it to him trying to verify that it's me and he is like, "Okay ma'am it's going to be a 95 dollar activation fee. How do you wanna pay that?" I was like, "Wait what? I just called trying to get information" and he was like, "You received the letter. You called. Why would you call if you didn't want to activate it." I was like, "Okay. I'm sorry like sorry nvm" (thinking it's my fault for whatever I did). Then he was like, "What do you mean nvm?"

I was like, "This is kinda weird so I'm just going to back out of this," and he was like, "WHY? WHY would you do that! You called us. You need a card so WHY would you call," and then I didn't feel bad anymore. I was like, "Okay sir. You're being rude. Like I was calling inquiring about this card trying to get info. That's it" and he wouldn't stop talking to me like ** so I hung up and immediately found this website with horrible reviews on them.

I'm literally scared that I gave them my information. I dumbly gave my social too. I'm just hoping they don't pull anything on me like they have to everyone else. I can't believe this company is even a thing. The way they talk to people is gross and rude. I'm glad I sorta dodged that bullet but pissed I gave them my information! DON'T even think about getting a card from them!

Original review: June 4, 2017

This is a terrible card. Interest charges are through the roof. I paid them $45.00 on April 28. The check was returned by my BANK because my account was short a few dollars. They re-submitted the check on 5/3/17. I had enough money to process the check, and it cleared. They are claiming they never got it, and they just charged me a $25 late fee, because their stupid online payment thing wasn't working until just now, two hours past the deadline. I cut up this card, and I am paying it off. NEVER EVER get this card.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I really hate this credit card. I am cutting it up. Pay it off and that's it. Says my available credit is 150.00. Go spend 50 at the grocery store. Go to another store and says I have a 10.00 limit left. I would not consider and the interest rate and charges are ridiculous.

Premier Bankcard Company Information

First Premier Bank
www.firstpremier.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use