Premier Bankcard

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

So my bill is due September 1st so I pay it exactly on that day. I go look at my account to see if the payment went through and I see they charged me a $25 late charge. I called customer service and I tried to see what happen. She tells me that after submitting a payment after 5 pm the payment is considered late which is a bunch of BS. She then tells me it's a part of a contract that I've never seen before because I do everything online. Now I'm a little frustrated and the rude customer service assistant hangs up on me while I was asking her a question. This company sucks and they find any way to get your money... I'm paying them off and I'm going to close this account...

This bank scams you in fees because it needs the money... Aside from the initial $95.00 fee to activate the account, there's a $75.00 annual account fee. I got this card to try and build my credit, however in reading the reviews and going through my own experience, I'm led to believe that this bank is targeting consumers with low credit scores and fumbling their payments to charge additional fees. I say this because even with the extremely high interest rate, they're still not making any money off of existing balances, so the objective would be for the financially hardshipped consumer to either care more about their credit rating being affected and just submit and pay, or the report of the consumer's poor credit rating supporting this scamming loan shark of a bank.

I suspected something was funny when I scheduled my first card payment to this establishment through the bank's online customer account portal, I was very efficient in entering my account ACH information and scheduled the payment on time. However, I received a phone call from customer service saying my payment was returned. I was outraged because my checking account could verify the funds were available, and my checking account has been open and active with this nationwide notable bank for 11 years. So I just hung up on the lady because I wasn't about to submit to ANOTHER FEE for making a payment over the phone with a representative, thus admitting to them being correct in pursuing collections activity on my account.

I logged into the customer account portal to verify that my ACH payment information was entered in correctly (AS IT WAS) and re-submitted the payment (IT ACCEPTED IT). The following month, the same thing happened again. Despite the proven acceptance of the previous correctly submitted payment and saved information that I had no need to update... I still received another phone call and it sounded like the same lady; I instantly just hung up! When I logged onto the online customer portal to schedule the payment I discovered that I also received a LATE PAYMENT FEE which depleted the credit limit and pushed it over the limit so AN OVER THE LIMIT FEE was applied. In addition... I had been blocked from making online payments.

To make situations more trifling... when I called the number on the back of the card to make the payment, their automated system undermined my banking establishment and delivered me a message that the banking information was a money order and the payment couldn't be accepted. Luckily I have two checking accounts with the same bank, same verifiable routing number, and within good standing for 11 years. The phone automated system repeated the ACH account information in which I only had to enter in once and correctly, accepted the payment and provided a confirmation number. I'm completely interested in pursuing a lawsuit behind the chain of events resulting in fees with this institution, and all of the previous reviews are supporting facts.

You people need not doubt yourself because this company is minor and the tone set by their business affairs leads me to believe they feel more entitled for extending us lines of credit considering hardships and previous experience. Their intentions seem greasy as if they don't really care to help consumers build credit by sticking to the terms and conditions of the consumer agreement, and without conspiring against the consumer within those terms of agreement as a profit scam to make more money.

Was mailed a Premier Bankard credit card. Never received it. They sent another one. I called and told them my current payment was not right as I never received the card. They said they'd cancel it and move it back a month. Tried to use the card. No credit due to the original monthly charge still in place. Credit on hold for a $30.00 monthly charge for a card I never received. Told credit would be released after I paid the charge. This is after a $90.00 processing fee and $125.00 in more processing charges. With the $30.00 fee I guess I'm forced to pay, total paid $245.00 to get a $500.00 credit card that the day you receive it has a $375.00 credit limit. Outrageous. Don't ever get involved with these people. They’re crooks!

I decided to get this card to help build my credit. I set up my account and scheduled my first payment. However when I set it up one number was incorrect on my bank routing number. I called the bank as soon as I saw it didn't post and made my payment which was DBL the amount due. The lady accepted it and asked if I wanted to pay off my card. I explained no. I need to make monthly payments. The next week I went to use my card and found out it was closed. I literally had the card one month and corrected the information so there would be no problems. Even explained the error which they could see. Yet they say my consistent late payment is why it closed... How the hell. Don't ever get this card. They will ruin your credit instead of helping. I had to send my bank statement to prove I had money in my account even at the time of the payment but then got another letter saying I had insufficient funds so the account is closed. Scam.

This is the worst company ever. They steal your money. The deposit to open the account is non refundable. Then the annual fee is due immediately after you sign up for the card. Your bill comes before you receive or use the card. NEVER GET A CREDIT CARD FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Run from this company... First Premier Mastercard is a joke and scam. They closed my account due to making two return check payments. The problem was this was the first time I ever used the credit card payment as an ACH draft and I was told to schedule a payment to do it on the app. I did make a payment for 50.00 and then scheduled next day of 200.00. Note that my bill was not due yet. So when I processed my 50.00 payment it cleared and then showed available the next day then I called the next day cause I seen the 200 didn't post and they said they would call and push it through but couldn't cause it was the weekend and Green Dot didn't answer. Then the next week was told to pay it in full and they'd waive the return check fees.

But the mistake I made is I had 1 digit off on acct number so when I scheduled my 200 on app with saved acct it made them both return and I paid it in full to First Premier. Explained it was a mistake due to I miskeyed this but in all fairness my bill wasn’t due. So now I have a closed acct. This is sorry to do a 100 percent paying customer. And every fax I sent they had an excuse. I don't understand but what I'm saying is the truth. They won't let me talk to loss prevention dept. It don't exist except if they email them. This is horrible and fraudulent to do this to a customer. The rep promised me after making payment in full that it would available after 1 business day. No other rep cares. She lied to me. But this is a disaster.

I have never in my entire life experience anything like this. This awful credit card was paid on time each month, and now paid off. I have a Capital One credit card that report my status with the bureaus each month, these idiots have not reported my payments since April, it's now July and it looks like my utilization is out of the roof. I have since cut this awful card up. I made my final payment on the account a week ago from today and it has not been posted on my account with these idiots yet. They got me this time, but it will never happen again. Crazy ** people!!!

I got an offer in the mail from Premier and I have been rebuilding my credit so I was excited at the prospect of a new card. This place is the biggest scam ever and it seems like no one can do anything so they continue robbing people. Does anyone know how to stop this company besides reviews that everyone has wrote? There are no good reviews on this company, they are thieves and it's frustrating because they are going to continue to rob people with bad credit. I am contacting the Attorney General for my state and also the state the company claims to be located. I have nothing but time and will stay on the phone until something is done. Does anyone know of any class action lawsuits? Is this considered predatory lending? I know what they're doing at the best is unethical.

Received a Premier Bank credit card in mail was told I needed to pay a $95.00 dollar fee before credit limit would be available. I did that, first time I used the card they blocked it cause I had too many transactions called hot that cleared up. Now I just made a payment in full of 250.00 on Friday and another payment on Saturday of 50.00 total 300.00 dollars. Tried to use my card declined, called and stated I just made payments they told me my card was suspended for fraudulent activity and I needed to fax them statements that the debit card I was making payments from was mine and not a business account. Mind you my debit card is prepaid with NetSpend. Now my car insurance due and that's how I would be paying it with my Premier credit card but can't make payment on it cause they suspended my account. It sucks!!!

Was checking my account online with my bank and found a $322.20 charge with First Premier, and I do not have a single thing with them. Never even heard of this bank or credit place whatever the hell this is. Immediately called my bank and was able to put in a fraud form and am calling First Premier in the morning as I couldn't get in touch with anyone besides a robot on the phone today. Look out everyone.

So I get home and I received a letter in the mail that I've been or approved for a 300 MasterCard with a fee and I'm like "okay great". I have bad credit. I need to work on it. Let's do this! I kinda wondered about the random pre approval but I did read the paper and just called to ask questions about it. I call and he immediately asks my personal information and I give it to him trying to verify that it's me and he is like, "Okay ma'am it's going to be a 95 dollar activation fee. How do you wanna pay that?" I was like, "Wait what? I just called trying to get information" and he was like, "You received the letter. You called. Why would you call if you didn't want to activate it." I was like, "Okay. I'm sorry like sorry nvm" (thinking it's my fault for whatever I did). Then he was like, "What do you mean nvm?"

I was like, "This is kinda weird so I'm just going to back out of this," and he was like, "WHY? WHY would you do that! You called us. You need a card so WHY would you call," and then I didn't feel bad anymore. I was like, "Okay sir. You're being rude. Like I was calling inquiring about this card trying to get info. That's it" and he wouldn't stop talking to me like ** so I hung up and immediately found this website with horrible reviews on them.

I'm literally scared that I gave them my information. I dumbly gave my social too. I'm just hoping they don't pull anything on me like they have to everyone else. I can't believe this company is even a thing. The way they talk to people is gross and rude. I'm glad I sorta dodged that bullet but pissed I gave them my information! DON'T even think about getting a card from them!

This is a terrible card. Interest charges are through the roof. I paid them $45.00 on April 28. The check was returned by my BANK because my account was short a few dollars. They re-submitted the check on 5/3/17. I had enough money to process the check, and it cleared. They are claiming they never got it, and they just charged me a $25 late fee, because their stupid online payment thing wasn't working until just now, two hours past the deadline. I cut up this card, and I am paying it off. NEVER EVER get this card.

I really hate this credit card. I am cutting it up. Pay it off and that's it. Says my available credit is 150.00. Go spend 50 at the grocery store. Go to another store and says I have a 10.00 limit left. I would not consider and the interest rate and charges are ridiculous.

Last month, I realized that I may not have paid my monthly payment as I did not see the payment I had made regarding the monthly credit when referencing my payment history. I immediately called the card number and authorized a payment that normally takes 20 days to clear. In the process of waiting, I decided to process another payment via my direct debit (same bank) for an additional amount because I was close to my credit limit. When checking my account again a few days later, I still did not see the auto debit payment I authorized and submitted another direct debit payment because I was afraid I had not made the payment. At this point, I have made three payments, on time to both my accounts and as far as I knew everything was ok.

Around the third week of March, I received a notice from my bank that I had an insufficient amount in my account that I used to pay my credit card off with. This did not make sense, so I checked to see if my payment had gone through and reissued another auto payment (*this time for the amount suggested by pay by phone) this amount was auto payment and not direct debit because I had transferred funds in my account to make sure that all amounts were available to be paid and cover the amounts I previously sent.

I received a notice by the end of the month after a purchase had been declined that my account was on hold for fraudulent activity due to insufficient funds. I immediately called the bank and paid another direct debit payment (this makes three direct debits in the amount entire amount of the payments that were supposedly returned). When speaking to an agent who said I had to fax in copies of my active bank accounts I used to make these payments, I was told days later that first premier closed my account for returned checks.

When speaking to the supervisor on the phone, after I had faxed in the information about my accounts and even tried to explain how I tried to cover over paying my account, I was told my account was closed because the auto payments I made were returned after First Premier kept processing the payments after I made three direct debit payments to cover those costs.

What I find hard to believe about this is, I have not only covered the returned payments via the direct debit payments, I paid my monthly payment on time and now over the minimum payment. As it stands, First Premier closed my account for one returned payment they processed several times despite my being able to prove where I submitted direct payment to them to cover those auto payments and where I transferred money in my bank account to cover the auto payments that were rejected. In one instance, the money I transferred within in my bank account did not cover the second processing because the credit between my bank account happened on the same day First Premier debited the auto payment for the second time.

As such, my account was closed. It should be noted, I am talking activity that has only happened once and during the month of March. Prior to this, I had not been late on my payments since opening the account in late 2015. I have received a credit line increase and was awarded a new card last November. I have called the customer service line who has told me there is nothing they can do and my accounts, both in good standing, are now closed with balances and payments still due. Fortunately, my bank, Wells Fargo, decided to refund me the entire amount of the insufficient funds fee because they didn't understand why First Premier kept processing the auto payments when I made three direct debit payments that covered the auto payment and transferred funds within my accounts to cover any other payment should they keep making it.

What I fear now is my account is closed, they will not open it and I have done everything they have asked me to do. How do I make a proper complaint about this and protect my credit history as there was no fraud. I tried to catch my mistake and correct it and my account has been paid on time since it has been opened. I am not sure what else I can do.

1st of all. I am not and never will be a First Premier customer. The other day I saw a pending debit card charge to my checking account from First Premier card services. I called my bank and reported the fraud. I then called First Premier. After getting the run around for about 20 minutes I spoke to someone who talked like they were trying to talk ghetto to me. I was shocked someone like this would even be employed. I was simply trying to get them to reverse the charges as it was fraud. In terrible English all I was able to understand was it wasn't her problem and I needed to call my bank. I truly feel bad for people who have bad credit and have to deal with companies like this. To make a long story short, I will have to wait 10 to 14 days for my bank to put the money back in my account and First Premier didn't do a thing about the fraud.

DO NOT BOTHER! Something is really fishy with these people. My husband was offered a $500 credit limit, he paid a $49.00 processing fee, and was billed $125... FOR A CARD HE NEVER RECEIVED! How are you offering $500 and taking $175 off the top and calling it an annual fee for a credit line he just got? Wouldn't that make his credit limit $375 in all actuality? On top of that, they had the nerve to tell him they would order him a new card for another $35... I DON'T THINK SO! He never got the first card, which you claimed you sent OVER a month ago, and you people think you're getting more money for another card on top of this bill you just sent. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!

If that was not enough, when he called to cancel the whole thing they started asking personal questions about WHY he wanted to cancel. Excuse me... HE DOESN'T OWE ANY EXPLANATIONS JUST DO WHAT HE ASKED!! They had the nerve to offer a $10 credit in order to keep this card. WOW! You people charged $49, billed $125, and was asking for an additional $35. The best you could offer us was $10. GEE THANKS!!

Keep your card! AND IF that $49.00 is not refunded in the next couple days like you promised. We'll be calling back! Trust me, you think you know what hell is, when you people tried to take advantage of my husband who was trying to do something good for us. NEXT TIME... YOU GET TO DEAL WITH HIS OTHER HALF. I'm neither as nice or as forgiving as he is.

This credit card company contacted me, offering me a card. $29 fee it be paid in advance. An additional card was $5.95. I paid the $29 with my bank card and it gave me no option to pay the $5.95 send one card fee. I called customer service on the card 800-987-5521 and Tamera employee ** confirmed an additional card was in fact only $5.95 and it would be billed to me. When I received my first bill, the second charge was $29, not the $5.95 confirmed by Tamera. I fully paid my bill (used once) and called today 3/28/17 and spoke with customer service agent Jenna **, she was absolutely unprofessional and rude, as well as extremely unhelpful. I was willing to keep this card before I spoke with Jenna, but due to her extreme rudeness I decided to cancel the card.

I spoke with Brian **, and he did try to help me, but basically said I have to wait for a supervisor to get back to me. This is the worst card, worst experience, worst fees, I have ever dealt with. This was supposed to help my credit, but they just helped themselves to $24 extra bucks. Do the math on how much they can rip off, from just 100 people. This should be illegal. They do not record the calls, there is no way to prove I was lied to by Tamera **. Who even knows if these are their real names and numbers? How is there no supervisor to speak with?! Rip off! Con artists.

I closed my account after two months. 8.00 monthly fee and impossible to change my online password caused me to close my account after only two months. When I called on two different occasions was pressured to keep account open since it cost me 79.00 to open it. Then told how badly it would affect my credit score because it will show open and closed in two months. Took more than 30 minutes on the phone and I still have never received a confirmation email from them... I did get the employee's name and employee number and a confirmation number to show I had closed the account. Terrible experience...

I thought I was getting an increase, but they sent me a second card. I have two separate log ins, one for each card. I pay them at the same time and log out of one and into the other. On more than one occasion, they have applied both payments to one card, and then charged me a late fee AND reported me to the credit bureaus.

I finally printed up my bank statement and sent it along with a letter telling them they need to fix it NOW. They did take the misapplied payments and corrected them, and removed the late fee from the card. However, they say they can't remove "accurately reported" information from the bureaus. Hello... they made all those corrections which is an admission of error on their part. In addition, I got no email, no letter, no phone call... NOTHING stating that I had missed a payment when they made the error. That says to me that they are purposely doing that to be able to collect late fees. I think a class action suit should be considered if anyone else has had the same problem.

Terrible bank. They destroyed my credit history. Someone used my card fraudulently. Even though I had a police report they would not refund or investigate the situation. I refused to pay the balance and now from 300 I owe them almost 600 with all those fees. I called them to negotiate the settlement, they are giving me almost no break. Do not get their cards, it's a trap.

Stay away from this company. They will lie to you and then lie to you again. I have paid down to a zero balance over 6 months ago and closed the account. They keep reopening my old account without my permission and attempting to assess fees. When I called customer assistance today they said my account just closed Feb 06 2017. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE LIARS AND PRACTICE DECEPTION.

First off, I have never had a single missed payment on any bill ever in my whole life. This month I am in the process of moving, and I just happened to forget about the credit card bill till they gave me a courtesy call yesterday at 10:38 am. It was the only phone call I got all day by the way, so I didn't "mix up two accounts". I was pretty grateful that they called since I had forgotten, so I just made the payment over the phone. The lady told me that she would charge my card the amount I wished to pay and would credit me an additional $5 for paying over the phone as long as I paid with her right now. She also stated that because my payment was due that day (yesterday) that it was not late yet and I wouldn't be charged a late fee as long as I paid now. So I obviously made a payment. I did have a card on file for payments, but it was previously closed a few weeks ago, so I told her I needed to update my payment information.

She got my debit card information, and asked how much I wanted to pay. Then after she said the transaction was completed she continued to read me a list of things. I think she said they were disclosure papers saying that I authorize payment (they do that every time). I finish the call and hang up. Today, I check my bank to make sure the payment came out okay, and it shows nothing. So I log into my Premier credit card online to check. I now have a $27 fee for being late. I immediately call them to ask what happened, only to be told I never paid. She stated that there is no record of a phone call EVER being made, and no record of a payment. Then she proceeded to just repeat that "no one ever called me" even though I KNOW that someone from this company called.

My card has not been charged any money, so I know it wasn't a scam artist. The lady even read me my last 4 of my card when she asked me to make a payment. She verified my name social and address, AND the previous card I had on file. I even explained to her that I understand it is not in her file, but that I did talk to someone and I gave her the time of the phone call. Yet no one would help me because "there's just no record, so no one ever called". It was not MY fault that the payment was late, yes I forgot, but I did pay over the phone ON TIME with one of THEIR employees. But they just "can't help me".

I set up my payment method and the next day I discovered that I got one number wrong. I corrected it, made a payment and even enrolled in auto pay. Went to log in the next day and found my account closed. Five phone calls later the account is still closed unless I send them a statement showing this is my account. I just let them close it. The high monthly fee was going to start soon anyway.

I have never had intentions of seeing a credit card, until these guys messed up with me. They kept deducting money from my card and also messed up my credit, until I used my lawyers from LegalShield to pursue them and have them clean their **. Today they have just told me that I will be paying another $140 for the annual fee (**). I ask for a credit line increase and they told me that they would charge me $40 per $100. I have been with them for one year. I have to close this piece of crap by end of June. Do not get this card. It's the worst!!! If they mess with your credit and you don't have a lawyer to help you use that link to sign up for LegalShield, they are in every state in the USA. You pay a lawyer insurance of $17 per month, but they do stuff worthy $100's. That's what I used. Good luck.

I decided you get a credit card from this company because they was referred to me by a coworker. I didn't do my research first and it cost me. I had a secured credit card for them for almost a year and the reached out to me to get a traditional credit card with a $700 limit. I am trying to build my credit so I made sure that I paid more than the minimum or I would just pay both cards off.

They suspended the new card without notice. When I called to find out what happened, they told me it was suspended for suspicious activity because I paid the card up to the limit each time I used it. They made me feel like I was stealing from them. They wanted all my personal information to reinstate the card. While going through all this, I decided to do some research on them just in case I had to sue them and lo and behold, I came across this website with all the bad reviews today. I call them right back a canceled everything immediately!!! I don't know what this will mean for my credit score but I'd rather dodge the bullet now rather than find out much later that they are a total fraud. DON'T DO IT!!

I just got off the phone with "Lisa" the Account Retention Specialist at First Premier Bank Credit Card division. First of all, she spoke to me like I was an idiot and basically made me feel like crap. I have paid my credit card in full each month since I opened it in 2011. So for 6 years I have had a $750 credit line. This card did help me establish my credit worthiness after we lost everything in 2007 when I sustained a very serious back, hip & shoulder injury in a car accident. We lost our home, our business & our cars because I was unable to work for 4 years.

So I will say this credit card did what it was meant to do. However trying to close the account was nothing short of a Greek tragedy. Lisa kindly informed me that by closing my account I would be damaging my credit because merchants look for longevity in credit lines, which is a factor but I have other credit cards with higher credit lines that also show longevity but don't charge me monthly fees, yearly fees and whatever other fees they want to. In fact none of my other cards charge me a fee - just interest on the credit I use. She talked down to me, was very rude and completely unprofessional when I insisted I do not want this account open anymore.

She then proceeded to tell me she could authorize a credit of $25 to cover the monthly fees until the card renews and then I could call back at that time and I could get a $45 credit toward the annual fee for the next year. To which I replied "then why do you charge a fee if you can give authorization to credit the fee if I call. Just give me the credit of $45 x 4 years upfront now and I will keep my card open because then I know my monthly & annual fee will be covered." She said it doesn't work that way (which I knew she would say). At that point I said "then I would prefer it if you would kindly close my account now since it still doesn't make good business sense to pay these fees."

Needless to say she kept asking me if I was authorized to charge the remaining $6.50 monthly service fee on my debit card and she basically was implying I was using someone else's card without authorization. And then once it was done and I was hanging up, I said "what an idiot" and she said "hey, I heard that" to which I replied "You were meant to hear it - At least I actually said it to you and didn't imply it" and then I ended the call. Freedom from First Premier feels wonderful! Get a Credit One card to build your credit. Don't go into the abyss with First Premier. They suck you dry with fees upon fees so you are never able to pay off your credit card debt.

I received a letter in the mail for a $400 Mastercard from First Premier. I called the number and they told me I had to pay a $95 processing fee, which I did... even though for me it was a huge chunk of money. I wasn't happy. I got no email confirmation... nothing but they took the money out of my account. The card arrived a week later with a $99 bill - and a demand to pay the first installment of $30. I thought I'd already paid the fee... but no. The processing fee is one thing. The annual fee is another. I was excited to be able to establish credit again, but this was over the top for me. $200 for a $400 card. Belatedly I read the reviews here and canceled the card. They say I will get a refund but they would not email verification. They gave me a confirmation number. I hope they don't mess me around.

This credit card company is just not very good at all. I would not recommend anyone that is trying to get their credit back on track to deal with them. They take your money but won't credit your account until 20 days later if you pay by a Money order. They want you to use your debit card (WHICH I WILL NOT DO). The activation fee you send in is put through almost within 5 days and I was able to use my card immediately, why is it that I make my payments in the form of a money order, and I am dealt with this crap?

So Carmen, a credit manager finally comes on the line and tries to assist me, but the issue she tells me is that a money order can be cancelled. The money order is no longer in my hands and it's in their bank, what in the world! How does that even make sense. Anyway, If anyone is sent an offer from First Premier, please please please think about it first, before accepting it. They say they want to help you rebuild your credit, but all in all they are hurting it more. Also there were added fees applied to my card, plus a late charge!! Watch your accounts daily everyone. This company is just not up to par. Not sure if this company checks their reviews but I think they should so they can try and make changes that are better for their customers so their business can rise above the negative reviews. I will say, the CSR, the Supervisor and the credit manager were ok to deal with.

I have two accounts with this company. I authorized a payment on one account, and they took the payment amount out of my checking account twice. I thought it was an honest mistake, and contacted them. They told me that I authorized both payments. When I told them that I hadn't authorized two payments, and asked for confirmation, I was told it was verbal, and they had no valid confirmation. After an hour on the phone, and basically being called a liar, I gave up. This is a horrible company to do business with.

I could kick myself over and over again for using this credit card. I was trying to establish my credit. By the time I make my minimum payment they are charging credit card fees. On one card they take $8 per month and on the other $18 month. I've stopped using these cards but can never seem to pay the cards off because the monthly fees that they charge. I can only pay the minimum balance each month because this is all I can afford. I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do.

Premier Bankcard Company Profile