2. Finance

Premier Bankcard

Premier Bankcard
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Bankcard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Resolution response: Dec. 25, 2020

To all who might read this post, I had previously posted a review on this company relaying how I had my account closed by the Loss Control Department due to some returned payments that were caused by an error on my part with an account number submitted to the online payment system. After many calls to the customer service department I received no positive response on reopening my account after the problem was corrected and replacement payments were made.

I wrote a certified letter to the CEO explaining my situation and the treatment I had received by the Loss Control Department. I fully expected no response. Well, I am not sure if it was the letter; the post and review I made here and on CreditKarma.com; the many account status inquires that I made on their website; or three employee reviews that I returned to them with the lowest rating possible for the Loss Control Department, but today I am glad to report that my account has been reopened. I am the type person that if I give negative feedback on an issue and that issue is corrected, I will gladly report that a positive solution was obtained. Let me be the first to publicly thank CEO Miles Beacom of First Premier Bankcard for their actions in this matter.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Attempting to rebuild credit after discharge of Chapter 7. That is the only reason I would have even considered a card of this nature. Was approved and received a nice credit line. Gladly paid fees and began to use the card. In an attempt to be proactive keeping by debt to credit limit ration down, I made a couple of quick payments well before the first invoice due date. The problem started when, by accident, I transposed the last four digits of my checking account number with my debit card number. This caused those payments to be returned by my bank. Once I was aware of this problem, I immediately contacted customer service to advise them of my error. I requested that they attempt to either resubmit or cancel the other two payments before they were returned, but they said it was too late.

In an effort to make up for the returned payments, I immediately corrected the account number and made two payments for a greater amount of the returned ones. Even after those payments cleared successfully, to my surprise I received notice that my account had been suspended due to the returned payments. I contacted customer service to explain the error again and ask for consideration to take the suspension off of my account. Instead of going with my request, their Loss Control Department closed my account, and I quote, "at their discretion". I called customer service again and asked to speak to someone in the Loss Control Department, and their response was that they don't take direct calls from customers. I was told to have my bank send them them a letter on their letterhead and explain the error for the returns.

I reminded the customer service representative that I had made the error not the bank, and the error had been corrected so there was no reason to bother my bank with the issue. I related to them that if the Loss Control Department would simply review the payment history, it would show them that the account numbers had be corrected and two successful payments had been processed in the system. I relayed again that I had no problem paying the return fees. I just didn't want this unmerited closure to show up on my credit report.

I advised the customer service representative that I would be sending a certified letter to the CEO, and relating to him the treatment I had received since making an honest mistake with the wrong account number. Honestly, I will be very surprised if I receive any response from that letter. Bottom line was that I was never delinquent on my account; made payments to clear up for the returned ones; and gladly offered to pay the return fees due to my mistake, but got no consideration or second chance from this department.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I opened a Premier card 9/2020. Made a few purchases, made a payment. Remaining available credit was suspended. I called to inquire, they said they needed to confirm method of payment. I thought this was odd, as it was the same method of payment that was used to pay the annual fee and additional card fee. A week goes by, I receive an electronic letter saying they need confirmation of payment and gave me a list of ways to remedy the situation. I sent a letter, copy of the debit card used, copy of a voided check that was attached to the debit card, and copy of my husband's license. (It is a joint account. He is the primary on the checking account). Payment was applied and new cards were received.

3 weeks later, made a purchase. Tried to make a payment (Due 12/10/2020) using the same debit card as before, received a recording that my card was suspended. Went to the website and initiated a payment by electronic check. That was accepted, however my account was still "suspended". I understand they "may hold payments for up to 20 days". That is why I made the payment so early, as to leave time for the payment to post and avoid a late fee. What I don't understand is why the remaining available credit was suspended.

If this is what making a payment is like every month, or if paying early will trigger a suspension (while using payment information previously verified) what is the point in having this, what appears to be, a dumpster fire of a credit card? It seems there is zero communication between departments and the customers suffer. I am ok with the minimal monthly fee, that is the cost of rebuilding credit, however sabotaging customers is deceptive and unscrupulous. Utilizing my credit limit has yielded an increase of 67 points, so maybe it's time to give another credit card company a try.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I wanted to rebuild my credit several years ago and got a First Premier Credit card. What a mistake that was! Closed the account in February 2015 and cut up the card. A $300.00 credit line with fee and other charges of 500.00). They keep stating I'm late on my credit reports even though I don't have the card and the account is closed. I have 5 other cards that I pay on time. This card won't be off my credit report until 02/2022. The fees are more than the original line of credit! Don't get this card. FRAUD and a RIP OFF! Get Capital One! Great service!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

After covid, I got into financial situation. I called due to drowning in monthly service fees, late fees and processing fees and decided to cancel my card to get current. They stated canceling card would NOT stop late fees, service fees or processing fees. This company is ready to charge me an endless never-ending amount of fees and does not have any kind of hardship program other than 1 month no late fees. This in my eyes is criminal especially when you can get better rates from the mob. This is not only a criminal but unconstitutional.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Filed chapter 13 five years ago and wrecked my credit. Two years ago I applied for this card and got a 300 limit. A year later I was offered another with 1000 limit via mail and the first now has a 500 limit. My score has improved by 180 points since I got this card. Yes, the interest and fees are high, but that’s the price you pay to rebuild your credit when you suck at paying your bills and have to file bankruptcy. I’ve only ever used the first card to pay my Netflix bill. The other pays my car insurance. I keep them both in a drawer and pay them off monthly. I use the app to pay my bill with my checking account. No issues ever.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

The way it is set up You will never get ahead of your debt even if you pay the card off. I haven't made a purchase in 2 mos. No matter the payment I make it is never enough to make my balance remain in The positive.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

This credit card company is HORRIBLE! I can not use it at the gas pump, can not overdraft the card, but every time I go to pay my bill every month there’s an overdraft fee. Last month I had an overdraft fee and just paid it and disregarded it. I could not use the card because after the overdraft fee and my monthly payment, it bought me up to a zero balance. Ok fine. So this month, I got on to pay the bill, there’s ANOTHER overdraft fee of 50 something dollars PLUS my monthly payment.

These overdraft fees are not coming from purchases that I’ve previously made, but charges that First Premier keeps adding to my account. I have NEVER missed a payment or EVER had a late payment. Once I pay them off, I plan to purée this credit card! I am paying them back waaayyy more than what they “loaned” me!! It’s not worth it!! If you plan to pay your bills on time and actually build your credit, this is not the company you want to do that with. I own 4 credit cards and is this is THE worst credit card I have!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

This company is by far the worst credit card company of all time. They are very sneaky in the charges on your account and also are not willing to admit their mistakes. I have spent HOURS on the phone with them in regards to charges that were on my card BY THEM that should never have been charged. They refuse to take ownership of mistakes made by them and you have to go through hoops and walk on fire to get it corrected. (which I am still fighting and have been for months) You get transferred and given the run around. I would not recommend this card or company if it was the last one on earth. If you are considering this card/company, please take my advice and run for your life.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

I got this card as a credit builder. It is already a bad deal with high rates and a huge yearly fee. So far I have been charged late fees two months in a row even though I paid on time. There is no way to get a person on the phone. Only an automated system that is inept. The customer service is abysmal and they are scamming people out of money. BEWARE! Stay away from this card.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

You definitely want to stay away from this credit card. There are fees on top of fees on top of fees. There is an annual fee along with a monthly fee of $14.50. If you are not paying the card off in full each month it is not worth having once you factor in the 36% interest rate which is insane. I cancelled this credit card and went with a secure Discover card which became an unsecured card in 8 months with a $2000.00 limit increase. I am still having nightmares about First Premier bank card. The customer service is just as bad as the horrible fees. This is a credit card I would avoid at all costs. There are other options out there for consumers with challenged credit and this is not a sensible solution. If you read this and still decide to open an account with Premier bankcard, good luck to you and get ready to throw away your hard earned money.

Premier Bankcard Company Information