Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Premier Bankcard

Premier Bankcard
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.24/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I won't wish my worst enemy to bank with First Premier Bank. Why? Because they are nothing but scammers. First, I paid $95 ACTIVATION FEE, then paid $75 ANNUAL FEE in advance, then LOADED MY CARD UP TO $300. I used it to build credit. But I changed my mind after a few months, and tried to cancel my account, thinking that I would be able to do so in a few minutes. Contrary to my thoughts, First Premier Bank charged me $328.00. When asked what those charges are for, they said they were my unpaid balance and late fee. When I heard that, I laughed due to their absurdity. How can First Premier Bank charge me $300 when it's up to my discretion to load my secured credit card?

As for credit, they denied me of $30 credit right before I tried closing my account. Conclusion, First Premier Bank never heard what my husband and I tried to say; "$300 was my money I used up. You, bank did not give me a dime of credit at any point. For you to come at me with $460 (as of today), you need to provide us with FACT SHEETS." Their operation is insanity. Repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results. All they do up to this date is to repeatedly call me and repeatedly tell me I owe them $460. Do not ever get any credit card from First Premier Bank or become their customer. They are scammers. They never answer your questions either but try to distract you. They have sent my "bill" to my credit and now I have a delinquent payment posted by a scam company, and they keep on harassing me over the phone.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I use my card and on day 1 the card is declined. For some reason it has been suspended. I contact customer service and accept responsibility for any and all charges. I am told to wait about a week. After 2 weeks, I receive a verification request in the mail. I contact customer service and am ready and willing to get this over with. I ask if I can take photos and send via email? I am informed that this company does not have email?! GTFOH. They require your personal info to be sent in an envelope for review. In addition, the request states, "process may take up to 30 days." GTFOH. SMH. This week I am paying off and closing the account. After paying $95, and having usage for half of one day, it is only fair that I blow up the customer service line to voice my dissatisfaction with the entire experience. I do not anticipate reimbursement, so $95 dollars buys me repeated explanations that I just 'don't understand'. Lol.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Stay away from this bank, interest are very high, I spoke a few time to them to see if they can lower a little my interest percents but they said they can't help me. Plus I have to pay an annual fee of $75 just for keep the card. Please try another company.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I applied for this credit card to help with my credit score. At first, it was a higher interest rate, which was expected, but then they started to apply a monthly fee. This is a rip off! Get it paid off as soon as you can, then close it out.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I need help. I been making payments on my card, as soon as I got money now it won't show any of my payments and they said I need to reinstatement my card. What does that mean for me? Please help. I'm so distressed, I just put over $100 back on that card and I need either my money back on that I can use the card. Please help!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I applied for this card several years ago and only today as I saw the enormous balance due although I have been paying as scheduled, so I decided to review the statement. Like a FOOL I was not away that on top of a $79 Annual Fee I am also being charge $12 monthly service fee for having the card. This is a trap... Please anyone reading this do not I repeat do not apply or accept an offer for this card.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I got a preapproved credit application in the mail. Trying to improve my credit so I applied with the confirmation number given. It looks like the other legit offers. I instantly got approved for 400 limit and no card. Started to get worried about the card being lost too then do more research to learn they needed to collect 95.00 to activate my card, TO SEND MY CARD REALLY. No way will I pay upfront fees for this. Not like any other cards I've had. Then I read all the reviews online, with terrible ratings. Good thing I'm just a little naive. More worried that I provided my personal information, so now I have to keep an eye on my credit score which I do anyway. What a disappointment and waste of time!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Please only get this card if you have no other choice. The fees are ridiculous. Make sure you pay 2 to 3 days before the payment is due because, if you pay the day before. It will be credited as late then a late fee added plus an annual fee which should be processed in January. But in December which is added to a monthly fee. It it's a Bad gift that keeps on giving...I'm buying a house and can't close my account out until after closing. Can't wait!!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

So I received this card like 3 years ago and oh my god, I cannot finish paying it off, they make you pay fees and monthly fees which any normal credit card doesn’t do, and they don’t even tell you about this until you realize, I would never ever recommend Premier Bankcard, they take all of your money and you still be paying off your credit, and on top of that you get a call literally everyday that you over the credit limit. This credit is BS.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I received a pre-approved application via mail. It was for $700 credit limit. I decided to call them. Next to impossible to get a live human on the phone. The automated system tosses you in a loop. I finally get ahold of a person and, she was rude at best. I kept asking questions and she kept trying to get my SS#. Even after I said, " I just have questions ". I asked her about the bad reviews on this company. She said, that is because all these customers are doing something wrong". That was enough for me.

Premier Bankcard Company Information