Premier Bankcard
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Premier Bankcard

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 4, 2017

746 Premier Bankcard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

First Premier has the most prehistoric online system. No statements available, no year end info available. Can only go back a few months, and they want to charge fees to provide what they should be providing online! The most user unfriendly credit card I've ever had.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This is the worst card EVER. I went to pay my payment and after a year and them charging a 78 dollar fee for the year I go on there and I am over because they took out 12 dollars. IT IS A TERRIBLE IDEAL to get this card. They will charge you so many fees that you can't keep up with what you are paying. The finance charges are out of this world and it's just AWFUL. If you want to rebuild your credit try Capital One, avoid this one at all costs. It has no email address to send complaints to. It has no chat available.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

This company screwed me in my attempt to improve my credit score. It’s frustrating as I always paid ahead of time. They foolishly suspended my credit card which had a 20 point effect on my credit score. Their reason: they are asking me to prove that I’m authorized to use my own bank card to pay my bill. They want me to fax them documents and signature and other bs. I don't have time to ** with this petty company as I work all the time. I have had a great experience with Capital One! Thanks First Premier you really treated me and my credit score poorly.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I closed my credit card in August 2017 and paid it in full but continue to receive bills with monthly charges and a late charge!!! The bill was paid and customer service makes up excuses and won’t remove charges. Fraud and a scam card!!! No stars if I could.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I've never been late on a single payment for any of my credit cards. Money was tight and I applied for this card to keep as a backup. I didn't know about the fees attached to it. I got my first bill before I even had a card! I made my first payment in August and it was sent back from the bank (apparently the account number was invalid and this wasn't told to me until after it was returned the second time.)

September I tried to use the card right after Hurricane Harvey and it wasn't working so I called and they told me it had been because I had a returned payment but they saw my September payment and we were okay. I called while we drove from Houston to Phoenix to see if there was that hurricane relief help like deferring payments, the rude woman told me the account dad delinquent and I had to pay 65 but she'd credit back the late fees. I was annoyed but paid it. No one told me my account would be closed a few days later. Shame on them for not informing me of what was happening to my account and double shame for hurting my credit and making a very hard time harder. STAY AWAY FROM FIRST PREMIER.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I struggled making many of my bills. Yes I was late and behind on payments several times. I ended up paying my balance off to zero in June. Because I wasn't using my card they were charging me a fee of 30.00 a month. I didn't know this. I started getting late payment notices. When I called to ask what was going on. They told me they waived all the fees and just canceled my account. I don't get it. It was great for them when I struggled and carried a large balance.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Only recommend First Premier Bank to your enemies! This company is greedy because they charge you a $14.95 monthly fee simply for having an account with them whether you have made charges or not, whether there is a balance or not. Just for having their card, you are charged $14.95 a month. Their other fees kick in very quickly, yet they are extremely slow to update their website to let you know what transactions are pending/posted or whatever fees they charge making it easier for you lose track or not know what you're getting charged. This scenario will put you over the limit if you go anywhere near the limit and you face over the limit fees when they tack on their various fees such as interest and other fees they deem necessary.

Never go anywhere near your limit on any card, but especially with these crooks. They take up to 20 effing days to post your payments made from your checking account which is complete BS. I've had one secured card with them for a year and they offered me a second, unsecured card. I just paid them off today and will close both the accounts. I've had nothing but bad experiences with this company all due to their slowness to post payments (up to 20 days), their snail like pace of posting transactions, even pending ones and their generally high level of absolute greed. I have had a Capital One card and will keep them over this company because they are speedy to post transactions, payments and don't charge a BS fee of $14.95 a month just for having an account with them. Only recommend First Premier Bank to your enemies!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

The IT Dept has created a box with (5) sections to click on to receive a code, so you can officially log on. Today I entered the box for my cell phone to receive a text. NOT... tried again 2 more times and NOT one text. Then I tried my landline phone to receive a message, NOT. Last resort was my email address and NOT - I even checked my spam filter and nothing was there.

What a complete waste of time and JOKE. Ended up paying the cc with the phone option. Called the company and that was another joke, since the stupid guy kept insisting the system works. Going to pay off this cc and not use them again. Everything was perfectly fine, before the IT Dept redesigned the format with a code.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

So my bill is due September 1st so I pay it exactly on that day. I go look at my account to see if the payment went through and I see they charged me a $25 late charge. I called customer service and I tried to see what happen. She tells me that after submitting a payment after 5 pm the payment is considered late which is a bunch of BS. She then tells me it's a part of a contract that I've never seen before because I do everything online. Now I'm a little frustrated and the rude customer service assistant hangs up on me while I was asking her a question. This company sucks and they find any way to get your money... I'm paying them off and I'm going to close this account...

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

This bank scams you in fees because it needs the money... Aside from the initial $95.00 fee to activate the account, there's a $75.00 annual account fee. I got this card to try and build my credit, however in reading the reviews and going through my own experience, I'm led to believe that this bank is targeting consumers with low credit scores and fumbling their payments to charge additional fees. I say this because even with the extremely high interest rate, they're still not making any money off of existing balances, so the objective would be for the financially hardshipped consumer to either care more about their credit rating being affected and just submit and pay, or the report of the consumer's poor credit rating supporting this scamming loan shark of a bank.

I suspected something was funny when I scheduled my first card payment to this establishment through the bank's online customer account portal, I was very efficient in entering my account ACH information and scheduled the payment on time. However, I received a phone call from customer service saying my payment was returned. I was outraged because my checking account could verify the funds were available, and my checking account has been open and active with this nationwide notable bank for 11 years. So I just hung up on the lady because I wasn't about to submit to ANOTHER FEE for making a payment over the phone with a representative, thus admitting to them being correct in pursuing collections activity on my account.

I logged into the customer account portal to verify that my ACH payment information was entered in correctly (AS IT WAS) and re-submitted the payment (IT ACCEPTED IT). The following month, the same thing happened again. Despite the proven acceptance of the previous correctly submitted payment and saved information that I had no need to update... I still received another phone call and it sounded like the same lady; I instantly just hung up! When I logged onto the online customer portal to schedule the payment I discovered that I also received a LATE PAYMENT FEE which depleted the credit limit and pushed it over the limit so AN OVER THE LIMIT FEE was applied. In addition... I had been blocked from making online payments.

To make situations more trifling... when I called the number on the back of the card to make the payment, their automated system undermined my banking establishment and delivered me a message that the banking information was a money order and the payment couldn't be accepted. Luckily I have two checking accounts with the same bank, same verifiable routing number, and within good standing for 11 years. The phone automated system repeated the ACH account information in which I only had to enter in once and correctly, accepted the payment and provided a confirmation number. I'm completely interested in pursuing a lawsuit behind the chain of events resulting in fees with this institution, and all of the previous reviews are supporting facts.

You people need not doubt yourself because this company is minor and the tone set by their business affairs leads me to believe they feel more entitled for extending us lines of credit considering hardships and previous experience. Their intentions seem greasy as if they don't really care to help consumers build credit by sticking to the terms and conditions of the consumer agreement, and without conspiring against the consumer within those terms of agreement as a profit scam to make more money.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Was mailed a Premier Bankard credit card. Never received it. They sent another one. I called and told them my current payment was not right as I never received the card. They said they'd cancel it and move it back a month. Tried to use the card. No credit due to the original monthly charge still in place. Credit on hold for a $30.00 monthly charge for a card I never received. Told credit would be released after I paid the charge. This is after a $90.00 processing fee and $125.00 in more processing charges. With the $30.00 fee I guess I'm forced to pay, total paid $245.00 to get a $500.00 credit card that the day you receive it has a $375.00 credit limit. Outrageous. Don't ever get involved with these people. They’re crooks!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I decided to get this card to help build my credit. I set up my account and scheduled my first payment. However when I set it up one number was incorrect on my bank routing number. I called the bank as soon as I saw it didn't post and made my payment which was DBL the amount due. The lady accepted it and asked if I wanted to pay off my card. I explained no. I need to make monthly payments. The next week I went to use my card and found out it was closed. I literally had the card one month and corrected the information so there would be no problems. Even explained the error which they could see. Yet they say my consistent late payment is why it closed... How the hell. Don't ever get this card. They will ruin your credit instead of helping. I had to send my bank statement to prove I had money in my account even at the time of the payment but then got another letter saying I had insufficient funds so the account is closed. Scam.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

This is the worst company ever. They steal your money. The deposit to open the account is non refundable. Then the annual fee is due immediately after you sign up for the card. Your bill comes before you receive or use the card. NEVER GET A CREDIT CARD FROM THESE PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Run from this company... First Premier Mastercard is a joke and scam. They closed my account due to making two return check payments. The problem was this was the first time I ever used the credit card payment as an ACH draft and I was told to schedule a payment to do it on the app. I did make a payment for 50.00 and then scheduled next day of 200.00. Note that my bill was not due yet. So when I processed my 50.00 payment it cleared and then showed available the next day then I called the next day cause I seen the 200 didn't post and they said they would call and push it through but couldn't cause it was the weekend and Green Dot didn't answer. Then the next week was told to pay it in full and they'd waive the return check fees.

But the mistake I made is I had 1 digit off on acct number so when I scheduled my 200 on app with saved acct it made them both return and I paid it in full to First Premier. Explained it was a mistake due to I miskeyed this but in all fairness my bill wasn’t due. So now I have a closed acct. This is sorry to do a 100 percent paying customer. And every fax I sent they had an excuse. I don't understand but what I'm saying is the truth. They won't let me talk to loss prevention dept. It don't exist except if they email them. This is horrible and fraudulent to do this to a customer. The rep promised me after making payment in full that it would available after 1 business day. No other rep cares. She lied to me. But this is a disaster.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I have never in my entire life experience anything like this. This awful credit card was paid on time each month, and now paid off. I have a Capital One credit card that report my status with the bureaus each month, these idiots have not reported my payments since April, it's now July and it looks like my utilization is out of the roof. I have since cut this awful card up. I made my final payment on the account a week ago from today and it has not been posted on my account with these idiots yet. They got me this time, but it will never happen again. Crazy ** people!!!

Original review: June 26, 2017

I got an offer in the mail from Premier and I have been rebuilding my credit so I was excited at the prospect of a new card. This place is the biggest scam ever and it seems like no one can do anything so they continue robbing people. Does anyone know how to stop this company besides reviews that everyone has wrote? There are no good reviews on this company, they are thieves and it's frustrating because they are going to continue to rob people with bad credit. I am contacting the Attorney General for my state and also the state the company claims to be located. I have nothing but time and will stay on the phone until something is done. Does anyone know of any class action lawsuits? Is this considered predatory lending? I know what they're doing at the best is unethical.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Received a Premier Bank credit card in mail was told I needed to pay a $95.00 dollar fee before credit limit would be available. I did that, first time I used the card they blocked it cause I had too many transactions called hot that cleared up. Now I just made a payment in full of 250.00 on Friday and another payment on Saturday of 50.00 total 300.00 dollars. Tried to use my card declined, called and stated I just made payments they told me my card was suspended for fraudulent activity and I needed to fax them statements that the debit card I was making payments from was mine and not a business account. Mind you my debit card is prepaid with NetSpend. Now my car insurance due and that's how I would be paying it with my Premier credit card but can't make payment on it cause they suspended my account. It sucks!!!

Original review: June 8, 2017

Was checking my account online with my bank and found a $322.20 charge with First Premier, and I do not have a single thing with them. Never even heard of this bank or credit place whatever the hell this is. Immediately called my bank and was able to put in a fraud form and am calling First Premier in the morning as I couldn't get in touch with anyone besides a robot on the phone today. Look out everyone.

Original review: June 6, 2017

So I get home and I received a letter in the mail that I've been or approved for a 300 MasterCard with a fee and I'm like "okay great". I have bad credit. I need to work on it. Let's do this! I kinda wondered about the random pre approval but I did read the paper and just called to ask questions about it. I call and he immediately asks my personal information and I give it to him trying to verify that it's me and he is like, "Okay ma'am it's going to be a 95 dollar activation fee. How do you wanna pay that?" I was like, "Wait what? I just called trying to get information" and he was like, "You received the letter. You called. Why would you call if you didn't want to activate it." I was like, "Okay. I'm sorry like sorry nvm" (thinking it's my fault for whatever I did). Then he was like, "What do you mean nvm?"

I was like, "This is kinda weird so I'm just going to back out of this," and he was like, "WHY? WHY would you do that! You called us. You need a card so WHY would you call," and then I didn't feel bad anymore. I was like, "Okay sir. You're being rude. Like I was calling inquiring about this card trying to get info. That's it" and he wouldn't stop talking to me like ** so I hung up and immediately found this website with horrible reviews on them.

I'm literally scared that I gave them my information. I dumbly gave my social too. I'm just hoping they don't pull anything on me like they have to everyone else. I can't believe this company is even a thing. The way they talk to people is gross and rude. I'm glad I sorta dodged that bullet but pissed I gave them my information! DON'T even think about getting a card from them!

Original review: June 4, 2017

This is a terrible card. Interest charges are through the roof. I paid them $45.00 on April 28. The check was returned by my BANK because my account was short a few dollars. They re-submitted the check on 5/3/17. I had enough money to process the check, and it cleared. They are claiming they never got it, and they just charged me a $25 late fee, because their stupid online payment thing wasn't working until just now, two hours past the deadline. I cut up this card, and I am paying it off. NEVER EVER get this card.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I really hate this credit card. I am cutting it up. Pay it off and that's it. Says my available credit is 150.00. Go spend 50 at the grocery store. Go to another store and says I have a 10.00 limit left. I would not consider and the interest rate and charges are ridiculous.

Original review: April 10, 2017

Last month, I realized that I may not have paid my monthly payment as I did not see the payment I had made regarding the monthly credit when referencing my payment history. I immediately called the card number and authorized a payment that normally takes 20 days to clear. In the process of waiting, I decided to process another payment via my direct debit (same bank) for an additional amount because I was close to my credit limit. When checking my account again a few days later, I still did not see the auto debit payment I authorized and submitted another direct debit payment because I was afraid I had not made the payment. At this point, I have made three payments, on time to both my accounts and as far as I knew everything was ok.

Around the third week of March, I received a notice from my bank that I had an insufficient amount in my account that I used to pay my credit card off with. This did not make sense, so I checked to see if my payment had gone through and reissued another auto payment (*this time for the amount suggested by pay by phone) this amount was auto payment and not direct debit because I had transferred funds in my account to make sure that all amounts were available to be paid and cover the amounts I previously sent.

I received a notice by the end of the month after a purchase had been declined that my account was on hold for fraudulent activity due to insufficient funds. I immediately called the bank and paid another direct debit payment (this makes three direct debits in the amount entire amount of the payments that were supposedly returned). When speaking to an agent who said I had to fax in copies of my active bank accounts I used to make these payments, I was told days later that first premier closed my account for returned checks.

When speaking to the supervisor on the phone, after I had faxed in the information about my accounts and even tried to explain how I tried to cover over paying my account, I was told my account was closed because the auto payments I made were returned after First Premier kept processing the payments after I made three direct debit payments to cover those costs.

What I find hard to believe about this is, I have not only covered the returned payments via the direct debit payments, I paid my monthly payment on time and now over the minimum payment. As it stands, First Premier closed my account for one returned payment they processed several times despite my being able to prove where I submitted direct payment to them to cover those auto payments and where I transferred money in my bank account to cover the auto payments that were rejected. In one instance, the money I transferred within in my bank account did not cover the second processing because the credit between my bank account happened on the same day First Premier debited the auto payment for the second time.

As such, my account was closed. It should be noted, I am talking activity that has only happened once and during the month of March. Prior to this, I had not been late on my payments since opening the account in late 2015. I have received a credit line increase and was awarded a new card last November. I have called the customer service line who has told me there is nothing they can do and my accounts, both in good standing, are now closed with balances and payments still due. Fortunately, my bank, Wells Fargo, decided to refund me the entire amount of the insufficient funds fee because they didn't understand why First Premier kept processing the auto payments when I made three direct debit payments that covered the auto payment and transferred funds within my accounts to cover any other payment should they keep making it.

What I fear now is my account is closed, they will not open it and I have done everything they have asked me to do. How do I make a proper complaint about this and protect my credit history as there was no fraud. I tried to catch my mistake and correct it and my account has been paid on time since it has been opened. I am not sure what else I can do.

Original review: April 6, 2017

1st of all. I am not and never will be a First Premier customer. The other day I saw a pending debit card charge to my checking account from First Premier card services. I called my bank and reported the fraud. I then called First Premier. After getting the run around for about 20 minutes I spoke to someone who talked like they were trying to talk ghetto to me. I was shocked someone like this would even be employed. I was simply trying to get them to reverse the charges as it was fraud. In terrible English all I was able to understand was it wasn't her problem and I needed to call my bank. I truly feel bad for people who have bad credit and have to deal with companies like this. To make a long story short, I will have to wait 10 to 14 days for my bank to put the money back in my account and First Premier didn't do a thing about the fraud.

Original review: March 29, 2017

DO NOT BOTHER! Something is really fishy with these people. My husband was offered a $500 credit limit, he paid a $49.00 processing fee, and was billed $125... FOR A CARD HE NEVER RECEIVED! How are you offering $500 and taking $175 off the top and calling it an annual fee for a credit line he just got? Wouldn't that make his credit limit $375 in all actuality? On top of that, they had the nerve to tell him they would order him a new card for another $35... I DON'T THINK SO! He never got the first card, which you claimed you sent OVER a month ago, and you people think you're getting more money for another card on top of this bill you just sent. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!

If that was not enough, when he called to cancel the whole thing they started asking personal questions about WHY he wanted to cancel. Excuse me... HE DOESN'T OWE ANY EXPLANATIONS JUST DO WHAT HE ASKED!! They had the nerve to offer a $10 credit in order to keep this card. WOW! You people charged $49, billed $125, and was asking for an additional $35. The best you could offer us was $10. GEE THANKS!!

Keep your card! AND IF that $49.00 is not refunded in the next couple days like you promised. We'll be calling back! Trust me, you think you know what hell is, when you people tried to take advantage of my husband who was trying to do something good for us. NEXT TIME... YOU GET TO DEAL WITH HIS OTHER HALF. I'm neither as nice or as forgiving as he is.

Original review: March 29, 2017

This credit card company contacted me, offering me a card. $29 fee it be paid in advance. An additional card was $5.95. I paid the $29 with my bank card and it gave me no option to pay the $5.95 send one card fee. I called customer service on the card 800-987-5521 and Tamera employee ** confirmed an additional card was in fact only $5.95 and it would be billed to me. When I received my first bill, the second charge was $29, not the $5.95 confirmed by Tamera. I fully paid my bill (used once) and called today 3/28/17 and spoke with customer service agent Jenna **, she was absolutely unprofessional and rude, as well as extremely unhelpful. I was willing to keep this card before I spoke with Jenna, but due to her extreme rudeness I decided to cancel the card.

I spoke with Brian **, and he did try to help me, but basically said I have to wait for a supervisor to get back to me. This is the worst card, worst experience, worst fees, I have ever dealt with. This was supposed to help my credit, but they just helped themselves to $24 extra bucks. Do the math on how much they can rip off, from just 100 people. This should be illegal. They do not record the calls, there is no way to prove I was lied to by Tamera **. Who even knows if these are their real names and numbers? How is there no supervisor to speak with?! Rip off! Con artists.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I closed my account after two months. 8.00 monthly fee and impossible to change my online password caused me to close my account after only two months. When I called on two different occasions was pressured to keep account open since it cost me 79.00 to open it. Then told how badly it would affect my credit score because it will show open and closed in two months. Took more than 30 minutes on the phone and I still have never received a confirmation email from them... I did get the employee's name and employee number and a confirmation number to show I had closed the account. Terrible experience...

Original review: March 11, 2017

I thought I was getting an increase, but they sent me a second card. I have two separate log ins, one for each card. I pay them at the same time and log out of one and into the other. On more than one occasion, they have applied both payments to one card, and then charged me a late fee AND reported me to the credit bureaus.

I finally printed up my bank statement and sent it along with a letter telling them they need to fix it NOW. They did take the misapplied payments and corrected them, and removed the late fee from the card. However, they say they can't remove "accurately reported" information from the bureaus. Hello... they made all those corrections which is an admission of error on their part. In addition, I got no email, no letter, no phone call... NOTHING stating that I had missed a payment when they made the error. That says to me that they are purposely doing that to be able to collect late fees. I think a class action suit should be considered if anyone else has had the same problem.

Original review: March 8, 2017

Terrible bank. They destroyed my credit history. Someone used my card fraudulently. Even though I had a police report they would not refund or investigate the situation. I refused to pay the balance and now from 300 I owe them almost 600 with all those fees. I called them to negotiate the settlement, they are giving me almost no break. Do not get their cards, it's a trap.

Original review: March 3, 2017

Stay away from this company. They will lie to you and then lie to you again. I have paid down to a zero balance over 6 months ago and closed the account. They keep reopening my old account without my permission and attempting to assess fees. When I called customer assistance today they said my account just closed Feb 06 2017. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE LIARS AND PRACTICE DECEPTION.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

First off, I have never had a single missed payment on any bill ever in my whole life. This month I am in the process of moving, and I just happened to forget about the credit card bill till they gave me a courtesy call yesterday at 10:38 am. It was the only phone call I got all day by the way, so I didn't "mix up two accounts". I was pretty grateful that they called since I had forgotten, so I just made the payment over the phone. The lady told me that she would charge my card the amount I wished to pay and would credit me an additional $5 for paying over the phone as long as I paid with her right now. She also stated that because my payment was due that day (yesterday) that it was not late yet and I wouldn't be charged a late fee as long as I paid now. So I obviously made a payment. I did have a card on file for payments, but it was previously closed a few weeks ago, so I told her I needed to update my payment information.

She got my debit card information, and asked how much I wanted to pay. Then after she said the transaction was completed she continued to read me a list of things. I think she said they were disclosure papers saying that I authorize payment (they do that every time). I finish the call and hang up. Today, I check my bank to make sure the payment came out okay, and it shows nothing. So I log into my Premier credit card online to check. I now have a $27 fee for being late. I immediately call them to ask what happened, only to be told I never paid. She stated that there is no record of a phone call EVER being made, and no record of a payment. Then she proceeded to just repeat that "no one ever called me" even though I KNOW that someone from this company called.

My card has not been charged any money, so I know it wasn't a scam artist. The lady even read me my last 4 of my card when she asked me to make a payment. She verified my name social and address, AND the previous card I had on file. I even explained to her that I understand it is not in her file, but that I did talk to someone and I gave her the time of the phone call. Yet no one would help me because "there's just no record, so no one ever called". It was not MY fault that the payment was late, yes I forgot, but I did pay over the phone ON TIME with one of THEIR employees. But they just "can't help me".

Premier Bankcard Company Information