Premier Bankcard

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I thought I was getting an increase, but they sent me a second card. I have two separate log ins, one for each card. I pay them at the same time and log out of one and into the other. On more than one occasion, they have applied both payments to one card, and then charged me a late fee AND reported me to the credit bureaus.

I finally printed up my bank statement and sent it along with a letter telling them they need to fix it NOW. They did take the misapplied payments and corrected them, and removed the late fee from the card. However, they say they can't remove "accurately reported" information from the bureaus. Hello... they made all those corrections which is an admission of error on their part. In addition, I got no email, no letter, no phone call... NOTHING stating that I had missed a payment when they made the error. That says to me that they are purposely doing that to be able to collect late fees. I think a class action suit should be considered if anyone else has had the same problem.

Terrible bank. They destroyed my credit history. Someone used my card fraudulently. Even though I had a police report they would not refund or investigate the situation. I refused to pay the balance and now from 300 I owe them almost 600 with all those fees. I called them to negotiate the settlement, they are giving me almost no break. Do not get their cards, it's a trap.

Stay away from this company. They will lie to you and then lie to you again. I have paid down to a zero balance over 6 months ago and closed the account. They keep reopening my old account without my permission and attempting to assess fees. When I called customer assistance today they said my account just closed Feb 06 2017. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE LIARS AND PRACTICE DECEPTION.

First off, I have never had a single missed payment on any bill ever in my whole life. This month I am in the process of moving, and I just happened to forget about the credit card bill till they gave me a courtesy call yesterday at 10:38 am. It was the only phone call I got all day by the way, so I didn't "mix up two accounts". I was pretty grateful that they called since I had forgotten, so I just made the payment over the phone. The lady told me that she would charge my card the amount I wished to pay and would credit me an additional $5 for paying over the phone as long as I paid with her right now. She also stated that because my payment was due that day (yesterday) that it was not late yet and I wouldn't be charged a late fee as long as I paid now. So I obviously made a payment. I did have a card on file for payments, but it was previously closed a few weeks ago, so I told her I needed to update my payment information.

She got my debit card information, and asked how much I wanted to pay. Then after she said the transaction was completed she continued to read me a list of things. I think she said they were disclosure papers saying that I authorize payment (they do that every time). I finish the call and hang up. Today, I check my bank to make sure the payment came out okay, and it shows nothing. So I log into my Premier credit card online to check. I now have a $27 fee for being late. I immediately call them to ask what happened, only to be told I never paid. She stated that there is no record of a phone call EVER being made, and no record of a payment. Then she proceeded to just repeat that "no one ever called me" even though I KNOW that someone from this company called.

My card has not been charged any money, so I know it wasn't a scam artist. The lady even read me my last 4 of my card when she asked me to make a payment. She verified my name social and address, AND the previous card I had on file. I even explained to her that I understand it is not in her file, but that I did talk to someone and I gave her the time of the phone call. Yet no one would help me because "there's just no record, so no one ever called". It was not MY fault that the payment was late, yes I forgot, but I did pay over the phone ON TIME with one of THEIR employees. But they just "can't help me".

I set up my payment method and the next day I discovered that I got one number wrong. I corrected it, made a payment and even enrolled in auto pay. Went to log in the next day and found my account closed. Five phone calls later the account is still closed unless I send them a statement showing this is my account. I just let them close it. The high monthly fee was going to start soon anyway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

I have never had intentions of seeing a credit card, until these guys messed up with me. They kept deducting money from my card and also messed up my credit, until I used my lawyers from LegalShield to pursue them and have them clean their **. Today they have just told me that I will be paying another $140 for the annual fee (**). I ask for a credit line increase and they told me that they would charge me $40 per $100. I have been with them for one year. I have to close this piece of crap by end of June. Do not get this card. It's the worst!!! If they mess with your credit and you don't have a lawyer to help you use that link to sign up for LegalShield, they are in every state in the USA. You pay a lawyer insurance of $17 per month, but they do stuff worthy $100's. That's what I used. Good luck.

I decided you get a credit card from this company because they was referred to me by a coworker. I didn't do my research first and it cost me. I had a secured credit card for them for almost a year and the reached out to me to get a traditional credit card with a $700 limit. I am trying to build my credit so I made sure that I paid more than the minimum or I would just pay both cards off.

They suspended the new card without notice. When I called to find out what happened, they told me it was suspended for suspicious activity because I paid the card up to the limit each time I used it. They made me feel like I was stealing from them. They wanted all my personal information to reinstate the card. While going through all this, I decided to do some research on them just in case I had to sue them and lo and behold, I came across this website with all the bad reviews today. I call them right back a canceled everything immediately!!! I don't know what this will mean for my credit score but I'd rather dodge the bullet now rather than find out much later that they are a total fraud. DON'T DO IT!!

I just got off the phone with "Lisa" the Account Retention Specialist at First Premier Bank Credit Card division. First of all, she spoke to me like I was an idiot and basically made me feel like crap. I have paid my credit card in full each month since I opened it in 2011. So for 6 years I have had a $750 credit line. This card did help me establish my credit worthiness after we lost everything in 2007 when I sustained a very serious back, hip & shoulder injury in a car accident. We lost our home, our business & our cars because I was unable to work for 4 years.

So I will say this credit card did what it was meant to do. However trying to close the account was nothing short of a Greek tragedy. Lisa kindly informed me that by closing my account I would be damaging my credit because merchants look for longevity in credit lines, which is a factor but I have other credit cards with higher credit lines that also show longevity but don't charge me monthly fees, yearly fees and whatever other fees they want to. In fact none of my other cards charge me a fee - just interest on the credit I use. She talked down to me, was very rude and completely unprofessional when I insisted I do not want this account open anymore.

She then proceeded to tell me she could authorize a credit of $25 to cover the monthly fees until the card renews and then I could call back at that time and I could get a $45 credit toward the annual fee for the next year. To which I replied "then why do you charge a fee if you can give authorization to credit the fee if I call. Just give me the credit of $45 x 4 years upfront now and I will keep my card open because then I know my monthly & annual fee will be covered." She said it doesn't work that way (which I knew she would say). At that point I said "then I would prefer it if you would kindly close my account now since it still doesn't make good business sense to pay these fees."

Needless to say she kept asking me if I was authorized to charge the remaining $6.50 monthly service fee on my debit card and she basically was implying I was using someone else's card without authorization. And then once it was done and I was hanging up, I said "what an idiot" and she said "hey, I heard that" to which I replied "You were meant to hear it - At least I actually said it to you and didn't imply it" and then I ended the call. Freedom from First Premier feels wonderful! Get a Credit One card to build your credit. Don't go into the abyss with First Premier. They suck you dry with fees upon fees so you are never able to pay off your credit card debt.

I received a letter in the mail for a $400 Mastercard from First Premier. I called the number and they told me I had to pay a $95 processing fee, which I did... even though for me it was a huge chunk of money. I wasn't happy. I got no email confirmation... nothing but they took the money out of my account. The card arrived a week later with a $99 bill - and a demand to pay the first installment of $30. I thought I'd already paid the fee... but no. The processing fee is one thing. The annual fee is another. I was excited to be able to establish credit again, but this was over the top for me. $200 for a $400 card. Belatedly I read the reviews here and canceled the card. They say I will get a refund but they would not email verification. They gave me a confirmation number. I hope they don't mess me around.

This credit card company is just not very good at all. I would not recommend anyone that is trying to get their credit back on track to deal with them. They take your money but won't credit your account until 20 days later if you pay by a Money order. They want you to use your debit card (WHICH I WILL NOT DO). The activation fee you send in is put through almost within 5 days and I was able to use my card immediately, why is it that I make my payments in the form of a money order, and I am dealt with this crap?

So Carmen, a credit manager finally comes on the line and tries to assist me, but the issue she tells me is that a money order can be cancelled. The money order is no longer in my hands and it's in their bank, what in the world! How does that even make sense. Anyway, If anyone is sent an offer from First Premier, please please please think about it first, before accepting it. They say they want to help you rebuild your credit, but all in all they are hurting it more. Also there were added fees applied to my card, plus a late charge!! Watch your accounts daily everyone. This company is just not up to par. Not sure if this company checks their reviews but I think they should so they can try and make changes that are better for their customers so their business can rise above the negative reviews. I will say, the CSR, the Supervisor and the credit manager were ok to deal with.

I have two accounts with this company. I authorized a payment on one account, and they took the payment amount out of my checking account twice. I thought it was an honest mistake, and contacted them. They told me that I authorized both payments. When I told them that I hadn't authorized two payments, and asked for confirmation, I was told it was verbal, and they had no valid confirmation. After an hour on the phone, and basically being called a liar, I gave up. This is a horrible company to do business with.

I could kick myself over and over again for using this credit card. I was trying to establish my credit. By the time I make my minimum payment they are charging credit card fees. On one card they take $8 per month and on the other $18 month. I've stopped using these cards but can never seem to pay the cards off because the monthly fees that they charge. I can only pay the minimum balance each month because this is all I can afford. I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do.

What a horrible company!!! The fees are outrageous, and their employees retaliate against cardholders!! They will suspend your cards without notification, and then you have to jump through hoops to reinstate the cards. CLOSE THE ACCOUNT!!!

I pay my bill on time. I had a divorce years ago and needed to rebuild my credit because of the "bad marriage". In October 2016 I made an online purchase, I understand a credit card "keeps you safe" from fraud. FIRST PREMIER WILL NOT DO A THING TO HELP if you are in a dispute with a charge. I did everything they asked to this day. The purchase total $69.09! They blamed me and lied over and over stating facts that are unconscionable. I've made no more charges since October AND MAKING PAYMENTS OF $6.66 and $13.13 to make a point to them. The only charge is less the amount of the dispute and then the account is closed! PLEASE DO NOT GET A CARD WITH THEM.

THEY STOLE MY MONEY... TOOK PAYMENTS 2 & 3 A MONTH WITHOUT PERMISSION... they say "I did it" but they won't prove it!! Why would I pay this card 3 payments a month for three months in a row!! I would not!! I'm in financial crisis which is why I have them in the first place. They are flat out criminals. I wish I had the money to sue them.

This account was paid in full. The next month had a $6.00 due, paid it. Thought that was it. Then I receive a 30 days late for $8.00. I called them and explained account has zero balance, "I don't owe you anything." My credit score went down 25 point for 30 days late on paid in full account for service charge. This company is horrible. Stay away from them.

I called Premier bank credit card to see if I could get a courtesy credit for my late fee since this was the first time I have ever been late. I did not have any balance except for the annual fee they charged me and somehow I missed the payment date. I received the worst customer service experience I have ever with a credit card company. The Man actually ended up closing my account because I asked him what the procedure is for closing the account if I am not happy. He hung up on me and closed my account. What a horrible company. I have had their card since 2009 and this is the kind of service they give their customers. Premier Bank Credit card sucks. I had to call back and try to get my account reinstated. What a mess.

I can't say I'm shocked by the one star ratings from people with trashed credit who, guess what, also can't seem to manage this card. The fees are terrible, the interest rate is obscene but it's a credit card. One step below this is a secured card. If you're not in a position in your life to pay off the entire balance monthly, you should not be applying for any credit cards when your credit is already trashed. You're digging a deeper hole and if you use a high percentage of the card's available credit, your score will not go up. In fact, it'll go down. Use this for a year, pay off the balance on time and you'll see credit card offers pour in with no annual fees, no upfront deposits and a better interest rate. I've had this card for six months without a single issue.

I have my card for a year now. They gave me a $500 credit line. I pay it in full each month and I avoid paying any interest. It sure worth the annual fee to get your credit back on track. The trick is to pay it off each month, if you can't do that then you should not have the card.

WOW I am very shocked at all the HARSH reviews on Premier bank. I have been a card holder for about 5 months now and I've had absolutely no problems with them. I don't go over my credit limit and I pay on time. I try to make sure I'm paying my balance completely off every month. It makes it easier for me that way, I won't have to worry about late fees and constantly being in debt with them. My advice is to not use what you feel like you cannot pay back. If you think it's going to be a struggle to pay them a certain amount back, then simply don't use it. I have gotten rentals off this credit card but never worried because I knew that I can afford to pay them back in FULL. If you don't have that confidence, then maybe you don't need a credit card at all.

Another thing, don't go over your credit limit. When you go over your limit those are more fees you're going to have to pay. You simply use what you can afford to pay back. I don't understand all these complaints. It's so simple. This credit card is mainly for people with bad credit. Yes, there is annual fee of 125 but you can't expect this perfect card with no additional fees when your credit score is low. You should be happy that this bank even gave you a chance. If you have good credit, then you shouldn't of even got this card. Go get a better one. Go to a major bank. Why are you even with this bank in the first place? This card is to help build credit and once your credit score has improved, simply cancel and move on to a better credit card.

Worst thing you can do for your credit is get a First Premier Card. I haven't used my cards in over 6 months. I recently moved, they have my phone number to contact me. I got an alert on my credit monitoring service about a negative impact. I looked it up and it was First Premier Credit Card about a late payment. I called First Premier and they told me I had a 26 dollar balance on one and 15 dollars on the other and these balances were for Monthly fees on each, $8 per month on each. I asked them why I was not getting statements and they told me that they were receiving them back from my address. I asked them why they didn't contact me as they would any other time. They did not have an answer.

Long story short their little report hurt my credit score by over 60 points for a 26 dollar balance and a 15 dollar balance. You cannot close the accounts either because if you do it also hurts your score. So for the foreseeable future I will be paying First Premier 16 dollars a month combined for each card plus the yearly maintenance fee so I can have 2 credit cards that are garbage and I don't even use anymore. This company is a bunch of crooks and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. If you want to repair your credit get a "secured" card from your bank and employ Creditrepair.com. DO NOT USE FIRST PREMIER BANKCARDS!

You may be desperate for a credit card, but you'll probably should get a secured card with low interest and fees. With First Premier you'll pay a high annual rate and high monthly fee and high interest rate! And the next year... the monthly fees will increase. I signed up for the card and paid a 6.25 fee, the next year they charge an annual fee and then raised the monthly fee to 8.25. I was never late with a payment. I think they also hiked the interest rate. Annoying company.

I received a credit offer from First Premier for a card with a 300.00 limit. Well I got the card and paid like 150.00 in fees. I made my payments on time and on the 3rd month I used my card to pay for a hotel room, and the card gets declined. I had just paid the card off a week earlier. When I called they said that my account was frozen because of suspicion. They stated that I was funding the card with someone else's account. I don't think that I could just not notice 300 a month slowly dripping out of my account. Who even tried that kinda ** regardless. This bank gives a card, have you pay nearly 200 in fees, and lets you use it, then suspends your account without notice.

I had this card for many years. In fact, it was one of the first cards I ever had, so as I got older and my credit improved, I just kind of kept it. Well, I eventually decided to part with it. Over the years I got 2 high limit credit cards and very low interest rates, so I decided to simply pay off the first Premier card and close the account. THE ISSUES - While closing the account they seemed to give me a hard time. Threatening me that 25% of my credit worthiness/score was all because of their card.

I told them thank you, but I now carried a near perfect credit score, and had 2 other high limit/low interest cards, so I simply was not concerned. They closed the account. Now for the UNETHICAL/FRAUDULENT PART. My wife pays all bills online. While paying off my credit cards, in error she sent First Premier $400. Of course, they never notified us and we caught it a few weeks later.

I called First Premier to have the money refunded and the lady said, "Oh, that money was applied to pay off a card you owed 12 years ago". At first I chuckled and said, "Not me ma'am, this was the only card I ever had with you guys". Her reply, "Sorry sir, there is nothing I can do for you". Of course I became agitated at that point - I want my $400 back. Nothing. That behavior is 100% Fraudulent.

Unfortunately because we approved the online bill pay, I cannot dispute the payment with my bank. Over $400, what am I willing to spend to recover that? Not much. I suppose I eat the loss. In any event, I'd urge all of my friends and family to NEVER use First Premier Bank. I am sure this is one of many scams they use to make money.

My husband has a First Premier Card. He was in the hospital and I had to pay the bills. There is a $7 monthly charge to have this credit card. And, because I missed paying it they submitted it to the credit agencies as delinquent. NO call or email of a warning. Just one late notice letter for their $7 FEE (no purchases were placed), which I paid as soon as I received it. When I called to ask for this to be revoked, they said that "they don't do that", and that there is no one to talk to about this. Only a fax number to send a letter. Then they hung up on me when I asked if there was a manager or supervisor I could talk to. Poor customer service that starts with bad management. So, credit drops of more than 50 points due to a missed $7 payment (due to medial situation) which was just the monthly fee for having the credit card. THIS IS POOR SERVICE.

Please keep up with your credit card, I'm a dork when it comes to my bill. I checked it again and there was a 80 fee on top of the APR charges. I called and the rep said it's a charge just to use the card. It's the second time this year this has happened. They would not reverse the charge, and then told me that I qualified for a new deal they offered.... to extend my credit limit up 100 dollars for the cost of an extra $25. What kind of stupid scam is that? Capital One, reversed the service charged no questions asked. I will stay with them and cancel First Premier scumbags.

I opened this First Premier Credit Card so that I could rebuild my credit and they charged me outrageous fees just to open the card. If you get a credit limit of $500, trust and believe that your available balance will be much much much less until you pay off the fees because they place the fees on your card right from the start. Well, my gripe is that once I paid all of these fees and had a zero balance, yep that's right, a ZERO balance with $500 credit, these fools closed my account!!! I spoke with a representative who stated that I could hold on to my card for emergency reasons and use it as needed. When I called to ask why the card was closed, I was told it was closed because of "nonuse". Really??? I opened the card in April 2016, paid all fees by June 2016 and they closed my card in August 2016. When I asked them to reinstate my card, they told me that they would.

I spoke with three different people and they all said the same thing. The reason for speaking to three different people is because after speaking with the first two, the card statement over the phone was not correlating with what they were saying, so I kept calling and asking why. These people tell you what you want to hear and then turn around and do their own thing. I am upset because I NEVER got a chance to use the card, but they charged me high fees. Once I paid ALL the fees, they closed my card!!! This is credit card scamming at its finest!!! The WORST customer service I have EVER experienced!!! Beware people, this company does not care about people, they care about TAKING your hard earned money!!!

As with many people, my credit needed to improve, so I applied for the First Premier Credit Card. I was approved for $500 credit limit once a processing fee of 95.00 was paid. In addition, there was the annual fee of $125 that was billed on my first billing statement. So, just to get the $500 credit from them, I had to pay a total of $220 for fees (not including their monthly finance charge on the outstanding balance).

For the first bill, I made a payment of $100 to lower the balance I had as much as possible, which brought down my balanced owed to about $25. The payment was made over the phone with a representative, who then suggested I enroll my payment card information into their system so that future payments can be made much faster, or use their online payment system. So, I did just that. When I entered the payment card account number, as indicated on the website, I used the same account numbers that are printed on my card (the same account number I used when I made the payment to the live representative). The next billing cycle I made another payment of $50, and two weeks later another payment of $50 to bring my balance to about zero because I had used some of the credit for some purchases I made that month.

A few weeks later (before receiving my next bill) I went online to see what my balance was, only to noticed that they had charged me a return fee of $25 on one of the $50 payment I had made using their online payment service. I immediately called them to inquire as to why my payment was returned when I clearly had more than enough to cover the payment at least 10X. The representative said that he did not know why, but that perhaps there was an error in the information I entered when I registered my card. He said that he would credit me back the fee, but that that in his system it showed that my other payment of $50 was also returned, and that I was going to be charge a fee of $25, and that nothing could be done about it because it needed to complete the process, and that the fee needs to show on my account first.

He then suggested I go back and remove my card information I had registered and re-enter the information again. So I did. I also made a payment to him for $100 since I already had him on the phone and he took the payment just fine. He also suggested that if possible I make future payments with a live representative in order to ensure no problems with my payments going through. I agreed with him and asked about the other return fee for $25 that had not been posted to my account. He suggested I wait a few day and once that fee was posted to my account, call them and explain the situation. I asked him if he could make a note somewhere on my account of the situation so that the next person I speak to can have an idea of the matter at hand. He assured me that he would log in a note about the matter for the next rep to read.

Four days later I receive a letter from the credit card company that stated my account was closed because of too may return payments. After addressing the matter with the representative that other day, this is what I get from them. After paying the $220 process and annual fees, they go and close my account for some error that could not be determine who was at fault. This is a rip off credit card company and I am glad I owe them nothing. They got me for the $220, but someday this company will pay everyone back and more for their unethical practices. BE CAREFUL. DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU TOO.

This card gives one of the worst customer service experience I have encountered anywhere. Expects you to wait for credit availability more than two weeks after you make a payment. Can't use it in short order even if you are pressed for time. High fees for everything, late, etc. Not sure how all this makes business sense, let alone legal.

I applied for an account and not only did they require ridiculous amounts of paperwork they also wanted $100 for an activation fee the wanted another $150 a year for a membership fee. DO NOT fall for their offer. They are taking care advantage of people in the worst way I've ever seen. I have a credit score of 689. Not great but certainly not awful. I currently hold in my wallet 6 credit cards. I owe nothing on any of them and one has a credit limit of $4000. The lowest card has a limit of $600. I started out with bad credit and the most I paid for a card was a $75 fee and nothing else after the fact. Here are the cards I have from companies that didn't try to gouge me - Blaze, Barclaycard, Merrick Bank, Credit One, Capital One.

Premier Bankcard Company Profile