Find a Credit Cards partner

Premier Bankcard

1.3/5 (32 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Premier Bankcard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Bankcard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: May 6, 2021

I try to establish my credit history, so I applied for this card. Paid the $95.00 activation fee. Then they charged yearly card fee, $12.00 (just went up from $8.00 recently) monthly fee, plus a whooping 36% APR. In March they charged me for $125.20 in fees. I cancelled this card, and I asked them to give me back the annual credit card fee, which was charged in March, 2021. They told me I won't get back any money. They also charge you for credit line increase ($25.00). There is no 0 star which I would give them. This company is a ripoff. Do not open a card with them.

Original review: April 24, 2021

This is the worst credit card I’ve ever signed up for. I’m trying to build my credit so I applied for this. The fee was ridiculous, not only that but it won't let me use it without a pin, I have to “request a pin” each time I use it. I enrolled in auto pay to ensure 100% payment history, the auto pays never withdrawn from my account even though it has sufficient funds. Will be cancelling this horrible card.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Absolutely horrible experience with this shady company. Paid my rip-off activation fee of $95.00 and then tried to use the card. Went thru for $40.00 but couldn't use it after that. They wanted another $129.00 to re-activate it. I had them cancel it today. I couldn't take any more abuse from that company. If you apply for a Premier Bank credit card, you're crazy and should seek professional help.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I have not been able to get full access of my online account via their website since January. I log in and it takes me to the account overview page, but if I click to make a payment, transaction history, or anything, it kicks me out of the account and I have to log in again. I called and spoke with an Amy 1/29/21. She said she hasn't heard of any issue and that they do not have a tech support or web support department. She said to call back some other time if still have the same issue.

Called back 3/1/21 and spoke with CJ for the same issue and now because the code that it generates and sends to your phone when logging in didn't work. Said invalid. Every time I requested for a new code it sent me the same one about 20 times. CJ generated a code and sent it to me and it worked. But it still kicks me out of my account if I click on anything. She said they do have a web support department and that she would email them about the issue. I attempted to access the account via Safari, Firefox, and Chrome web browsers and its all the same results even after clearing my cache.

She told me to use the app. I was able to make my payment that way, but it is easier for me to use their website. Plus they advertise on their website "24/7 Online Account Access". That is false because I can not access mine. I called a 3rd time 4/1/21 and spoke with Shanna an account supervisor. She said she hasn't heard of any issues and that she doesn't see any notes on my account and basically nothing she can do. Terrible customer service!! No willingness to help, investigate, escalate, nothing and I am a customer for about 10yrs with 2 credit cards and this is my 3rd time calling!

Original review: March 25, 2021

We pay our cards off EVERYMONTH on time. Today, we paid our cards off like we normally do and get a flag for “fraud”. I call and get out through all these hoops (had to get my bank on the line to send over something on company letterhead!) to be told it is under review and takes 3-5 days! I’m like that’s what people do! USE THEIR CARDS AND PAY THEM OFF! Stay away from this company! They are horrible with customer service and the cards has no rewards and not worth the hassle!

Original review: March 18, 2021

This is absolutely and unequivocally the #1 worst company I have dealt with in 40 years. They charge you a $79 a year fee, $12 monthly fee, and 36% interest. The app is an absolute joke and never works. I was hit with 4 fraudulent charges and the operators hung up on me multiple times and wasted my time giving me wrong info about waiting for postal mail affidavits, sending electronic letters that never arrived, making me fax in dispute forms which I later found out was the completely incorrect process for fraudulent charges. I had account managers tell me wrong info... charges stayed on my account for weeks making my card maxed out and completely unusable - and of course every time I called begging to resolve it they offered me a credit line increase - $100 - but they would charge me a 20% fee. AVOID or you will be here leaving a similar review. Absolute time wasting nightmare.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I had this card with high fees and high interest. I authorized a $100.00 and they withdrew the total amount owed on the card. I disputed it and they froze the account. Their mistake overdrew my bank account unbeknownst to me for over a week. I had overdraft charges on my bank and a closed account from them. They refused to acknowledge the mistake and are now reporting negatively on my credit.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

First Premier credit card is one of the worst cards to have. They just charge you high unfair interest even when paid off, even when your account is zero. I pay my Bill religiously and They still charge me almost $100.00 a month in fees. This is truly one of the worst credit card companies to use.

DJ

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I got this card, and immediately used half of my limit, in order to start paying it off and help my credit. What a joke. After that I was rejected at numerous retailers online and otherwise, as if they thought somebody was using a stolen card or ??? I contacted them (which is excruciating since they don't answer calls, don't list an email or any other way to reach them other than a postal address). Though I don't blame Experian or Credit Karma for a decision I made I have to say their "overenthusiastic" endorsement of the card really sold me and I wished I'd made a more informed decision. This company is horrible. Their cards are horrible. With a good $200 remaining credit and apparently no way to use it, I shredded the card. I will pay it off and be done with them forever. What a mess. Capital One is who I should've stuck with. I'll definitely continue working with them. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I paid off 2 accounts & closed them in early October. I waited until the payments had posted, then followed up with a phone call to make sure accounts were closed- I was assured they were, after I was told that one account had a $38 balance left for a $99 yearly membership fee. I reminded the representative that I was no longer a member so in reality, they owed me $61. She agreed & assured me both accounts were at $0 balance & closed. My credit score dropped 50 points in less than 2 months, and I couldn’t figure out why. I pay my bills early & always double the minimum due- nothing on my credit report was showing delinquent & I was at a loss as to what happened. Sunday, 1/24/21 I received a statement from First Premier that my payment was past due.

3 months after accounts were closed I’m past due!!!! I had to create a new user name & password because I had deleted everything & cut the cards up. When I was finally able to access accounts, they hadn’t been closed at all and they were charging me monthly maintenance fees & past due fees on both accounts. One showed a balance of $187 and the other was over $200. I was shocked as to how this could happen & furious that someone’s incompetence had ruined my credit. I called & got nowhere with representative, so I asked for a manager.

She could have cared less that my credit had been ruined & they had completely mishandled my accounts. She told me she could do a charge off on both accounts, which is very bad on your credit report, so her idea was to make it worse & she just didn’t care. I told her that what she better do was make it right & send a letter to Experian to tell them the information they provided was false. She stated “nothing I can do about your credit” but agreed to take the charges off. I advised her that I was contacting the Better Business Bureau, Experian & posting a negative review. Her response was “Oh I hope you post a nice review for us.” Totally unacceptable & unprofessional.

I did file a complaint with the BBB, and Experian the same day, and I had an email from BBB the next day. They filed the complaint & contacted First Premier, I suppose they took that seriously because they responded to BBB right away, albeit with untruths & lies, but I had their attention. I DID NOT accept their response to make the accounts right; I responded that they needed to make my credit right with Experian & fix my credit score. Waiting for a response from them, but they're a terrible company & I would strongly discourage anyone from opening an account with First Premier. They will not do the right thing & extremely unprofessional company.

Premier Bankcard Company Information