Premier Bankcard

Premier Bankcard

2.4/5 (1099 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Premier Bankcard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Bankcard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: May 17, 2022

This has happened a few times, where I have paid the amount due this period once the statement was produced, made purchases and then when I pay online, the minimum amount due was different. I was charged a late fee, even though I called the company to ask about the discrepancy and what the 2 amounts represented. I was assured that making the amount due this period after the statement was created, is what I need to pay, and that if I made that payment amount there would be no late fee. And yet again ...There was!!??

Original review: April 16, 2022

Premier card Customer Service is the worst all together. Always rude, never friendly or try to help in any way. Teach your Customer Service people some people skills, a simple goodbye at the end would be great. Nope. They just hang up in your face.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Premier Credit Card is not a good card for any reason, even if you destroyed your credit. Premier charges $95 program fees and $75 a year to use the card not including the super high interest. It is not worth it. After noticing I paid over $250 a year in fees for a $700 credit limit and the near 30% interest rate I decided to close my account. I called in to customer service to close the account and I was told my balance to pay off the account. I paid it right then and there on the phone and was told that my account was paid in full and closed.

Two months later I received an email telling me to pay my $30 min....on a closed account!! I immediately called to speak to a supervisor who made excuses of the person I spoke with made a mistake and I still owe $95 more including a monthly fee. This is a scam!! I was then told I received my statement and should have known what my balance was?! So I'm supposed to know my balance over the customer service person closing my account and is looking at my balance on their computer screen??!! Huh??? What kind of supervisor is this?? Shanna #**. The worst credit card and company I've ever seen!!! Don't do it!!

Original review: March 28, 2022

Before I even received my card, I was being charged high fees that was not disclosed prior to accepting the card. Then since I hadn’t used the card immediately they closed my card due to unused card. No warnings or letters that it was closed. They also have the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. Remember to write down when you speak to them because they do not report it on your account. The lady I spoke with today was horrible. I am like anyone else trying to rebuild their credit and this company abuses that. It should be a crime with businesses like this. I would never suggest this company or what they claim to offer anyone!! Stay away!!

Original review: March 28, 2022

My credit card was closed due to 2 missed payments in 90 days back in June. This is ridiculous considering I made a payment every month. The website forces you to put in card information for automatic payment. My payment dates and other bills don't align with an automatic payment arrangement so every month I get insufficient funds fees from First Premier bank. I have called them about taking my card off automatic payment once before. Their website is out of date. Won't even take credit and debit card payments. Send you to a third party website to make a credit or debit card payment . After that you still have to enter your account number which is your card number which I shredded because I have accrued so many fees from this credit card company it is ridiculous.

The customer service representative was not helpful when I explained that my account is not closed if I am still actively making payments. I have paid this credit card off and nothing has been reporting to my credit each month but a closed account. This impacts my credit two ways - a closed account reporting each month and no active payments reporting. The app is hell to deal with the passwords they want you to put it are ones you can't remember have to have it to your websites. I will tell anyone to not get a card from here. It takes a long time (two weeks) for the payment to come out if you have to use account and routing number. Go with Discover.

Original review: March 25, 2022

They were a good card at first... but little did I know if you pay thru the app it takes a week to process the payment therefore it got declined. Because the payment showed on my end it was paid I used what thought was in my account at the time. And fund were not there. Once I figured it out I used a different account to make my payment. It went thru fine that time but I got a letter today stating they canceled my account for the previous return payment.

I called them to ask why it was closed. They told me even tho my payment did get paid since I had a return payment on there the security team closed the account...they said they can't re open it unless the payment was a bank error. So I got a card made my payment and now have closed card with a balance that is going to go on my credit as bad payments. I got the damn card to build my credit. Now it just made it worse. So my advice is if you do go thru them make your payment by phone with your debit card. It takes it immediately. Waste of time in my opinion

Original review: March 21, 2022

This credit service were Bank whatever you want to call it is a scam. I was signed up and approved for a $500 limit. I paid the $95 fee to release the card only getting a $375 starting balance with $125 already in the hole. My card never came or was sent for that matter leaving me to have to call and get another one sent which cost me another $35 taken off of my already short credit line. How convenient of them to say they sent the card and it never comes with the second one coming within days of them mailing it. Sounds kind of funny right. Yeah well welcome to Premier credit the scumbag credit company of the planet.

Original review: March 13, 2022

I would not suggest anyone this bank at all. Last year I had issues with closing my account while I have called the representative at this bank to inform that I wanted to close the account as the COVID-19 pandemic hit and was unemployed for a long period of time, the representative told me that it was closed, the next days, they kept calling my phone literally more than 10 times in a day to pay a fee I could not understand the origin of. If you do not want to be called that many times everyday which becomes disturbing and actually might give you anxiety, stay far away from this bank, because I will never again go to them for credit score needs and would not suggest it anyone either. This bank is not there to help you build your credit.

Original review: March 8, 2022

I received the credit card and didn't realize all of the fees. At first it was ok. But then disaster happened. I was paying insurance on the card during Covid and they did help out some but they didn't fully cover my account. Now, after the fact, they are still charging me for it as well as all the extra monthly fees. I pay $50 a month and get credit for about $14. My advice to you is stay away from this card even if you have bad credit. They seem to prey on the most vulnerable. JUST DON'T DO IT. I feel that there customer service feels like you are a burden when you call them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

On Feb 22, 2022 Premier Bank called my job 3 times within a 8 hour time frame about a payment that was 30 days late which I have 2 accounts with them and never been late before but they never called, emailed or left me a voicemail on my personal phone. I work nightshift and sleep during the day so I would have returned the call about 230-300pm but nothing so when I get to work that evening I was called into the office and told about the 3 phone calls.

Keep in mind I work in healthcare on a covid unit and it is very busy. I was suspended for the calls cause they interrupted others. I was then told by a coworker that a few days ago they had taken a call from the same company but they never reported it so when I asked around it was a total of 6 calls within 5 days that was placed to my work and again I double checked my phone and no calls to me. I get I was late on one payment but not to call me to call my job this is bad business. I closed both accounts and will never deal with them again. No way to treat people to embarrass them at their place of employment. I will tell every I come in contact with about this bad customer service experience

Premier Bankcard Company Information