Find a Credit Cards partner

Premier Bankcard

2.5/5 (1082 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Premier Bankcard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Bankcard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I believe this bank is a part of a scam operation. They allow fraudulent charges on the card. Then, when you jump through their hoops to dispute the charge using their archaic dispute process, they will "investigate" the charges (or so they claim), close your account, open a new account, and then determine that you have to pay the fraudulent charges on top of that.

I got this card and some others in order to build credit to buy a house for my family, my mom, and my disabled brother. We need a lot of house, and I have to pull it off myself. I needed more credit. I seldom used this card and only enough to keep it active. I paid it off frequently as well. I was surprised to see a $217 charge that I didn't make. I discovered that it was a fraudulent charge on a website I never visited.

I disputed the charge with First Premier Bank. Their process requires you to complete a form on a printed statement, scan it, and upload it on their website. I knew then that this was going to be a problem. Who uses such an archaic dispute method? I was shocked to learn they responded to the dispute by closing my account and opening a new account. If you're in the process of buying a home, that is a devastating blow to your credit. We had a pre-approval letter in hand, and having a new account opened after it was issued disqualified that letter. Our mortgage broker discovered it as we were preparing an offer on the house we picked out. It was so disappointing. It is such a hard time to find and buy a house.

I called First Premier Bank, and to add insult to injury, they said that they determined that I was liable for the $217 fraudulent charge even after they closed my account and opened a new account that I never authorized. I certainly couldn't keep a card that allows fraudulent charges and then makes me liable for those charges. So, I was forced to close the account - the brand new account I didn't authorize to be opened in the first place. Now I have two closed accounts on my credit report in addition to paying them $217 on what shows up as a recently opened account (that I never authorized).

Laughingly, they offered me a $45 credit to keep the account open. I wonder if that was so they could go spend another $217 of my money? I am so regretful that I ever did business with such an evil company. Because of them, we have had a setback of months to fix this issue. Months that my Mom and disabled brother will have to wait to get the live-in help they need. There's a hot corner in hell waiting for the folks behind First Premier Bank.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

My balance on my card was approximately $400. I received a call for payment. They said if a payment for $400 is made they will give me a $400 availability. I was not late at the time I received the call but it's unfortunate. For those who makes a payment for same day availability, there js a fee for $8 because of having someone personally assist but cone to find out it's a "BOT" that's assisting.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

So I was told by the bank I need to confirm with them what kind of payment it method I will be using in order to pay my credit card bill. They inform me I'm not allowed to use no more than one card to pay my credit card bill so I informed them so if they don't want me to pay the bill this should just let me know in the recorded line. So therefore they can't send me any kind of request to pay my bills. They keep blocking my payment. It's not my bank. It's debt because they want me to be verified or the fact that I'm changing my card to pay it it's an issue. I didn't realize paying with a different card it's an issue to pay my bill as long the bill is getting paid.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I enrolled and paid for Premier Credit Protection. I had to use the protection when I lost my job. They claim to send out the continuing forms monthly by email or US Mail, which I never receive them half the time to fill them out and send back to them. Therefore they don't credit my account and do their part making sure the bill is paid and on time. It's puts me over the credit limit and brings down my credit score 30 points. I have to contact them asking for the forms by then it's two months behind, once they do receive them and credit my account it's too late, my credit score is low and ruined. This is the worst Bank ever and I'm sorry I opened a Credit Card with them. They don't care about the customer nor do they do their job correctly.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

So I’ve been trying to work on my credit and this was one of the first cards offered to me. I applied and got it right away. Everything was going well until my mom got sick and I had to use more of it than I could pay off. I called Premier and told them I was struggling and it would take a while for me to pay it off. They now call (without exaggeration) 9 times a day everyday.

They skip trace and find your family’s phone numbers. I never put my mom’s phone number on the application but they call her if I’m busy and can’t answer. I tried to tell them she had a stroke and is in the hospital so please remove her phone number but the guy on the phone wouldn’t let me finish any sentences and kept cutting me off. He told me that as long as I owe he would keep calling who he has to to get a hold of me. They’re completely unprofessional and if life happens, they become cold and rude. They will harass you. After the guy gave me an attitude on the phone I told him not to call me. When I have it I would call them to which he responded. “No. I’ll call you on Friday so you can pay your bill” and hung up. I then started receiving text messages which I never have about my payment being due. They’re awful.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Do not enroll if you’re trying to build credit. I had recently paid off a couple accounts and this was one of the first secured credit cards that came in the mail and stupid of me I applied before reading the reviews... I paid the enrollment fee which was $100 and then another hundred dollars for the annual fee that’s $200 upfront.. this week my Bank of America account went negative and they kept trying my account after only three attempts they closed my card. They didn’t even give me a chance to make it right nor give me a chance to pay they just closed it after only trying for less than a week.. I would just say stay away from this card and do your research.

Also told me over the phone that this is not a secured credit card but yet the paperwork said it was and also I had to give them a deposit just to open the account so therefore that’s a secured credit card they’re trying to pass it off as a regular credit card and it’s not..I’m so upset I feel like they stole $200 for me. I have Capital One and I love them something was telling me to close the card but I didn’t listen to my instincts and now I regret it.

Original review: July 27, 2021

Sure they offer up to $1000 starting credit line. But also require a $175 deposit fee before you can even use the card. And their CS is only available until 9p MST not toll-free 24/7. Their automated system drolls on to infinity before connecting to a live agent. I had suspected fraud charges which I reported, and they canceled the card to issue me a new one. Which never arrived, but only sent me a new bill... with the fraud charges still present.

Original review: July 26, 2021

First Premier Bank Mastercard is a very terrible card to use. I received a credit card from these crooks. Everything is okay except when you go to pay your credit card using their website. They allow you to pay your credit card via a bank draft. After you submit a payment the funds are not immediately available to you. You have to wait a certain period of time. I just got of the phone with their customer service. He tells me that my available balance will NOT be available to me until the 30th. That will be 7 days since I made my payment. Oh, they do tell you in writing that this may occur, but they do nothing about it. Like pay you back in interest for the loan that they now have. If you are trying to build credit and think that this company would be good for you because they are the only company to give you a credit card. You are better off without a credit card with these idiots.

Original review: May 18, 2021

These people are crooks. They will charge you a late fee if you do not pay by 5:00 PM which you don't know until after they are charging you late fees. They are not transparent with this policy. Is that even legal Horrible? Horrible card. Never again.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I try to establish my credit history, so I applied for this card. Paid the $95.00 activation fee. Then they charged yearly card fee, $12.00 (just went up from $8.00 recently) monthly fee, plus a whooping 36% APR. In March they charged me for $125.20 in fees. I cancelled this card, and I asked them to give me back the annual credit card fee, which was charged in March, 2021. They told me I won't get back any money. They also charge you for credit line increase ($25.00). There is no 0 star which I would give them. This company is a ripoff. Do not open a card with them.

Premier Bankcard Company Information