Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Premier Bankcard
3.56/5

Premier Bankcard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

804 Premier Bankcard Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I started using First Premier Bank's credit card in 2010 to help repair my credit. To obtain a $300.00 credit line I had to pay $200.00 to secure my card. The other fees are $7.00 to $9.95 monthly fees depending on your credit limit. There is also a $48.00 Annual fee as well! Included as well is a late fee of $35.00 which they can waive that fee once a year. They were kind enough to extend my credit limit to $700.00 after about 7 years due to my credit score increase. I have been thinking about canceling to get my $200.00 dollars fee back from securing it. Now they say my card is not secured, which means, where did my $200.00 go? Looks like I am having to find all my paperwork going back to 2010 and prepare myself for a battle with First Premier credit card!!! Moral of the story: "Don't do this!"

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Customer service premiered first and I knew it would be the last I dealt with this bank. From the automative answering system rotating me back to the main menu numerous times before a live representative came to the line, to that representative being Lori taking my decision to not pursue her company personal; I couldn’t do it. Glad I knew better to read the reviews, and to view that outdated online banking app before paying the program fee. The card design gave me prison vibes anyway - not a cute look for my wallet. Don’t choose this bank too. Don’t choose it! I’m telling you.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I have a First Premier Bank credit card. Initially I obtained it for credit building in January of 2019. Following the advice of my consultant I was to spend about $50 transaction a month and then pay the balance down to $10. I’ve don't that and can see the reflection of where it has improved my credit. Now the problem comes when one time a portion of that $10 balance that I left was part of the previous months bill, so they suspended my card. No big deal. Paid them and was able to use my card again. Had to use the card to help pay bills sometime for a few months, but always paid my balance and never late doing so.

Now fast forward to September 2019 I go into a store and try to use my card. It gets declined twice. After leaving I call the company to inquire as to what’s the problem. I find out that I am again with a suspended card, but this time for making TOO MANY payments to my account, and the only way to gain access again is to fax them a picture of my debit card that I use to pay my balance and prove my identity. Now this is the card that I have used since January to pay my balance and it’s never been a problem. However now all of a sudden it is one.

To top it off, who do they think in their right mind is gonna fax a picture of their debit card to someone. They’ve suspended my account twice within 9 months and both times without a warning or notice or any communication as to why UNLESS I call to find out. One suspension because I owed $5 and the other because I pay my balance that I owe them. Screw them and save yourself trouble by staying away from this company.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

I paid my 95 processing fee, and I was supposed to be able to use the card, but I cannot. They said they would refund me my money, and I haven’t received it. I’m A single parent, and I really need my money back if I want be able to use the card. Please don’t send this company any money. Rebuild your credit some other way. This company is A fraud!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

This company was horrible from the beginning. My card took a month to get here because they said it went to the wrong address. Well, it is the same address it came to. But before I got the card in my hands physically a payment was due and I was not aware of it until I called to activate the card and was told I had a payment and late fee!!! Should have cancelled it then but I was told to open a card to help build credit.

Today I had a small issue. I have a payment due tomorrow. I wanted to ask for an extension until Friday due to lack of work for two weeks. Had a car accident. They say no extension, change of due date. Nothing!! Just a late fee after 5 pm on the due date. So I closed the card. Notified that did nothing. Will still have late fees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Trying to speak to a LIVE customer service person is not easy. When calling number on back of card, automated system doesn't offer option to "Speak to a representative" and enter "0" it says invalid. For a real person you must repeat menu 3-4 times, only then will it let you.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I applied for this card to rebuild my credit and I began making a lot of payments using my debit card in one month, I almost had my current balance down to zero dollars then all the sudden I noticed my account was suspended and I called customer service of Premier bank, they tell me, it's suspended for making too many payments in one month, they saw that as suspicious. I explained to them idiots, I am trying to get the balance down below the recommended 30% level before Premier reports to the credit bureaus and that's why I made a lot of separate payments in one month and I couldn't afford to pay the entire balance all at once. I also said, I've never heard of making "too many payments". It's NOT like I was abusing my credit, NO, I was paying them money almost every week to pay down the balance.

So to resolve this, they want to see my bank statement showing my debit card number to lift the suspension. I told them, "What's in my bank account is NOT your business" and my brother who's a bank examiner and my sister who worked in the mortgage department at a bank for years both told me to pay off this balance and close this card out because it's ridiculous they are complaining cause I made "TOO MANY PAYMENTS" in one month.. To me, THAT sounds suspicious of them. I told Premier bank, they are hurting my credit more than helping it by suspending it cause I paid them too often. Stupid.

Original review: July 14, 2019

My name was spelled wrong on my initial card. The "a" was missing from the end of my first name, due to my last name being hyphenated. The supervisor fixed it, but refused to send me the right card, until I pay my fee. My argument was I don't mind the fee, but I didn't have to pay first when I ordered the card and got the card with the missing letter. So when I get the card with the right info, I will pay the fee. She said no. I told her that's not in the terms and conditions. If I get a wrong name I can't use my card, so I should pay money then get card when it was their fault to begin with? Absolutely not!!!

Original review: May 5, 2019

I closed my account on 3/28/19 with a zero balance. This Premier Bank credit card company reopened my account without my knowledge or permission and put through an outrageous charge of $450 plus a $6.10 fee. I immediately called them and reported it as fraudulent and after only a few days they've put it on my credit report as the card being closed on 4/28/19 with a balance due of $456! Avoid this credit card company and if you have their card be very, very careful. I've opened an investigation with Master Card and if I don't get this resolved, I'm going to call my State Attorney General's office. I highly suspect people within this company of making that fraudulent charge.

When I called them to close the account, they just kept trying to get me to keep it open. I made it more than clear to them that I did NOT want their 36% interest, $96 annual fee card anymore. They gave me a "closure" number so I wrote it on the envelope, cut up the card and thought that was the end of it. Next thing I know, I'm getting another card from them and then a letter saying they suspect a fraudulent charge on my card (which was supposed to be closed). Now they have reported the card as being closed on the 28th of April (a whole month after I actually closed the account) with a balance due of $456! It has made my credit score go down and every bit of it is nothing but fraud because I paid the card off to the penny and was assured the account was closed! Consumers beware! This is NOT a reputable company and there are plenty of other credit card companies who don't do shady things trying to ruin your credit.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I have 2 cards both high annual fees and monthly fees. One $700 limit, $80 per year, $8 per month. Never used and paid them $120 in 4 months. One $700 limit balance $325, $80 per year, $10.25 per month and when your credit gets better they have nothing to offer but more fees. I have 6 other cards higher limit no fees.

Credit One Bank is a better credit builder bank. Credit get better. Night limit $39 per year no monthly fees. Rude US based Customer service every time.

Premier Bankcard Company Information