Premier Bankcard

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Last month, I realized that I may not have paid my monthly payment as I did not see the payment I had made regarding the monthly credit when referencing my payment history. I immediately called the card number and authorized a payment that normally takes 20 days to clear. In the process of waiting, I decided to process another payment via my direct debit (same bank) for an additional amount because I was close to my credit limit. When checking my account again a few days later, I still did not see the auto debit payment I authorized and submitted another direct debit payment because I was afraid I had not made the payment. At this point, I have made three payments, on time to both my accounts and as far as I knew everything was ok.

Around the third week of March, I received a notice from my bank that I had an insufficient amount in my account that I used to pay my credit card off with. This did not make sense, so I checked to see if my payment had gone through and reissued another auto payment (*this time for the amount suggested by pay by phone) this amount was auto payment and not direct debit because I had transferred funds in my account to make sure that all amounts were available to be paid and cover the amounts I previously sent.

I received a notice by the end of the month after a purchase had been declined that my account was on hold for fraudulent activity due to insufficient funds. I immediately called the bank and paid another direct debit payment (this makes three direct debits in the amount entire amount of the payments that were supposedly returned). When speaking to an agent who said I had to fax in copies of my active bank accounts I used to make these payments, I was told days later that first premier closed my account for returned checks.

When speaking to the supervisor on the phone, after I had faxed in the information about my accounts and even tried to explain how I tried to cover over paying my account, I was told my account was closed because the auto payments I made were returned after First Premier kept processing the payments after I made three direct debit payments to cover those costs.

What I find hard to believe about this is, I have not only covered the returned payments via the direct debit payments, I paid my monthly payment on time and now over the minimum payment. As it stands, First Premier closed my account for one returned payment they processed several times despite my being able to prove where I submitted direct payment to them to cover those auto payments and where I transferred money in my bank account to cover the auto payments that were rejected. In one instance, the money I transferred within in my bank account did not cover the second processing because the credit between my bank account happened on the same day First Premier debited the auto payment for the second time.

As such, my account was closed. It should be noted, I am talking activity that has only happened once and during the month of March. Prior to this, I had not been late on my payments since opening the account in late 2015. I have received a credit line increase and was awarded a new card last November. I have called the customer service line who has told me there is nothing they can do and my accounts, both in good standing, are now closed with balances and payments still due. Fortunately, my bank, Wells Fargo, decided to refund me the entire amount of the insufficient funds fee because they didn't understand why First Premier kept processing the auto payments when I made three direct debit payments that covered the auto payment and transferred funds within my accounts to cover any other payment should they keep making it.

What I fear now is my account is closed, they will not open it and I have done everything they have asked me to do. How do I make a proper complaint about this and protect my credit history as there was no fraud. I tried to catch my mistake and correct it and my account has been paid on time since it has been opened. I am not sure what else I can do.

1st of all. I am not and never will be a First Premier customer. The other day I saw a pending debit card charge to my checking account from First Premier card services. I called my bank and reported the fraud. I then called First Premier. After getting the run around for about 20 minutes I spoke to someone who talked like they were trying to talk ghetto to me. I was shocked someone like this would even be employed. I was simply trying to get them to reverse the charges as it was fraud. In terrible English all I was able to understand was it wasn't her problem and I needed to call my bank. I truly feel bad for people who have bad credit and have to deal with companies like this. To make a long story short, I will have to wait 10 to 14 days for my bank to put the money back in my account and First Premier didn't do a thing about the fraud.

DO NOT BOTHER! Something is really fishy with these people. My husband was offered a $500 credit limit, he paid a $49.00 processing fee, and was billed $125... FOR A CARD HE NEVER RECEIVED! How are you offering $500 and taking $175 off the top and calling it an annual fee for a credit line he just got? Wouldn't that make his credit limit $375 in all actuality? On top of that, they had the nerve to tell him they would order him a new card for another $35... I DON'T THINK SO! He never got the first card, which you claimed you sent OVER a month ago, and you people think you're getting more money for another card on top of this bill you just sent. NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!

If that was not enough, when he called to cancel the whole thing they started asking personal questions about WHY he wanted to cancel. Excuse me... HE DOESN'T OWE ANY EXPLANATIONS JUST DO WHAT HE ASKED!! They had the nerve to offer a $10 credit in order to keep this card. WOW! You people charged $49, billed $125, and was asking for an additional $35. The best you could offer us was $10. GEE THANKS!!

Keep your card! AND IF that $49.00 is not refunded in the next couple days like you promised. We'll be calling back! Trust me, you think you know what hell is, when you people tried to take advantage of my husband who was trying to do something good for us. NEXT TIME... YOU GET TO DEAL WITH HIS OTHER HALF. I'm neither as nice or as forgiving as he is.

This credit card company contacted me, offering me a card. $29 fee it be paid in advance. An additional card was $5.95. I paid the $29 with my bank card and it gave me no option to pay the $5.95 send one card fee. I called customer service on the card 800-987-5521 and Tamera employee ** confirmed an additional card was in fact only $5.95 and it would be billed to me. When I received my first bill, the second charge was $29, not the $5.95 confirmed by Tamera. I fully paid my bill (used once) and called today 3/28/17 and spoke with customer service agent Jenna **, she was absolutely unprofessional and rude, as well as extremely unhelpful. I was willing to keep this card before I spoke with Jenna, but due to her extreme rudeness I decided to cancel the card.

I spoke with Brian **, and he did try to help me, but basically said I have to wait for a supervisor to get back to me. This is the worst card, worst experience, worst fees, I have ever dealt with. This was supposed to help my credit, but they just helped themselves to $24 extra bucks. Do the math on how much they can rip off, from just 100 people. This should be illegal. They do not record the calls, there is no way to prove I was lied to by Tamera **. Who even knows if these are their real names and numbers? How is there no supervisor to speak with?! Rip off! Con artists.

I closed my account after two months. 8.00 monthly fee and impossible to change my online password caused me to close my account after only two months. When I called on two different occasions was pressured to keep account open since it cost me 79.00 to open it. Then told how badly it would affect my credit score because it will show open and closed in two months. Took more than 30 minutes on the phone and I still have never received a confirmation email from them... I did get the employee's name and employee number and a confirmation number to show I had closed the account. Terrible experience...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

I thought I was getting an increase, but they sent me a second card. I have two separate log ins, one for each card. I pay them at the same time and log out of one and into the other. On more than one occasion, they have applied both payments to one card, and then charged me a late fee AND reported me to the credit bureaus.

I finally printed up my bank statement and sent it along with a letter telling them they need to fix it NOW. They did take the misapplied payments and corrected them, and removed the late fee from the card. However, they say they can't remove "accurately reported" information from the bureaus. Hello... they made all those corrections which is an admission of error on their part. In addition, I got no email, no letter, no phone call... NOTHING stating that I had missed a payment when they made the error. That says to me that they are purposely doing that to be able to collect late fees. I think a class action suit should be considered if anyone else has had the same problem.

Terrible bank. They destroyed my credit history. Someone used my card fraudulently. Even though I had a police report they would not refund or investigate the situation. I refused to pay the balance and now from 300 I owe them almost 600 with all those fees. I called them to negotiate the settlement, they are giving me almost no break. Do not get their cards, it's a trap.

Stay away from this company. They will lie to you and then lie to you again. I have paid down to a zero balance over 6 months ago and closed the account. They keep reopening my old account without my permission and attempting to assess fees. When I called customer assistance today they said my account just closed Feb 06 2017. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE LIARS AND PRACTICE DECEPTION.

First off, I have never had a single missed payment on any bill ever in my whole life. This month I am in the process of moving, and I just happened to forget about the credit card bill till they gave me a courtesy call yesterday at 10:38 am. It was the only phone call I got all day by the way, so I didn't "mix up two accounts". I was pretty grateful that they called since I had forgotten, so I just made the payment over the phone. The lady told me that she would charge my card the amount I wished to pay and would credit me an additional $5 for paying over the phone as long as I paid with her right now. She also stated that because my payment was due that day (yesterday) that it was not late yet and I wouldn't be charged a late fee as long as I paid now. So I obviously made a payment. I did have a card on file for payments, but it was previously closed a few weeks ago, so I told her I needed to update my payment information.

She got my debit card information, and asked how much I wanted to pay. Then after she said the transaction was completed she continued to read me a list of things. I think she said they were disclosure papers saying that I authorize payment (they do that every time). I finish the call and hang up. Today, I check my bank to make sure the payment came out okay, and it shows nothing. So I log into my Premier credit card online to check. I now have a $27 fee for being late. I immediately call them to ask what happened, only to be told I never paid. She stated that there is no record of a phone call EVER being made, and no record of a payment. Then she proceeded to just repeat that "no one ever called me" even though I KNOW that someone from this company called.

My card has not been charged any money, so I know it wasn't a scam artist. The lady even read me my last 4 of my card when she asked me to make a payment. She verified my name social and address, AND the previous card I had on file. I even explained to her that I understand it is not in her file, but that I did talk to someone and I gave her the time of the phone call. Yet no one would help me because "there's just no record, so no one ever called". It was not MY fault that the payment was late, yes I forgot, but I did pay over the phone ON TIME with one of THEIR employees. But they just "can't help me".

I set up my payment method and the next day I discovered that I got one number wrong. I corrected it, made a payment and even enrolled in auto pay. Went to log in the next day and found my account closed. Five phone calls later the account is still closed unless I send them a statement showing this is my account. I just let them close it. The high monthly fee was going to start soon anyway.

I have never had intentions of seeing a credit card, until these guys messed up with me. They kept deducting money from my card and also messed up my credit, until I used my lawyers from LegalShield to pursue them and have them clean their **. Today they have just told me that I will be paying another $140 for the annual fee (**). I ask for a credit line increase and they told me that they would charge me $40 per $100. I have been with them for one year. I have to close this piece of crap by end of June. Do not get this card. It's the worst!!! If they mess with your credit and you don't have a lawyer to help you use that link to sign up for LegalShield, they are in every state in the USA. You pay a lawyer insurance of $17 per month, but they do stuff worthy $100's. That's what I used. Good luck.

I decided you get a credit card from this company because they was referred to me by a coworker. I didn't do my research first and it cost me. I had a secured credit card for them for almost a year and the reached out to me to get a traditional credit card with a $700 limit. I am trying to build my credit so I made sure that I paid more than the minimum or I would just pay both cards off.

They suspended the new card without notice. When I called to find out what happened, they told me it was suspended for suspicious activity because I paid the card up to the limit each time I used it. They made me feel like I was stealing from them. They wanted all my personal information to reinstate the card. While going through all this, I decided to do some research on them just in case I had to sue them and lo and behold, I came across this website with all the bad reviews today. I call them right back a canceled everything immediately!!! I don't know what this will mean for my credit score but I'd rather dodge the bullet now rather than find out much later that they are a total fraud. DON'T DO IT!!

I just got off the phone with "Lisa" the Account Retention Specialist at First Premier Bank Credit Card division. First of all, she spoke to me like I was an idiot and basically made me feel like crap. I have paid my credit card in full each month since I opened it in 2011. So for 6 years I have had a $750 credit line. This card did help me establish my credit worthiness after we lost everything in 2007 when I sustained a very serious back, hip & shoulder injury in a car accident. We lost our home, our business & our cars because I was unable to work for 4 years.

So I will say this credit card did what it was meant to do. However trying to close the account was nothing short of a Greek tragedy. Lisa kindly informed me that by closing my account I would be damaging my credit because merchants look for longevity in credit lines, which is a factor but I have other credit cards with higher credit lines that also show longevity but don't charge me monthly fees, yearly fees and whatever other fees they want to. In fact none of my other cards charge me a fee - just interest on the credit I use. She talked down to me, was very rude and completely unprofessional when I insisted I do not want this account open anymore.

She then proceeded to tell me she could authorize a credit of $25 to cover the monthly fees until the card renews and then I could call back at that time and I could get a $45 credit toward the annual fee for the next year. To which I replied "then why do you charge a fee if you can give authorization to credit the fee if I call. Just give me the credit of $45 x 4 years upfront now and I will keep my card open because then I know my monthly & annual fee will be covered." She said it doesn't work that way (which I knew she would say). At that point I said "then I would prefer it if you would kindly close my account now since it still doesn't make good business sense to pay these fees."

Needless to say she kept asking me if I was authorized to charge the remaining $6.50 monthly service fee on my debit card and she basically was implying I was using someone else's card without authorization. And then once it was done and I was hanging up, I said "what an idiot" and she said "hey, I heard that" to which I replied "You were meant to hear it - At least I actually said it to you and didn't imply it" and then I ended the call. Freedom from First Premier feels wonderful! Get a Credit One card to build your credit. Don't go into the abyss with First Premier. They suck you dry with fees upon fees so you are never able to pay off your credit card debt.

I received a letter in the mail for a $400 Mastercard from First Premier. I called the number and they told me I had to pay a $95 processing fee, which I did... even though for me it was a huge chunk of money. I wasn't happy. I got no email confirmation... nothing but they took the money out of my account. The card arrived a week later with a $99 bill - and a demand to pay the first installment of $30. I thought I'd already paid the fee... but no. The processing fee is one thing. The annual fee is another. I was excited to be able to establish credit again, but this was over the top for me. $200 for a $400 card. Belatedly I read the reviews here and canceled the card. They say I will get a refund but they would not email verification. They gave me a confirmation number. I hope they don't mess me around.

This credit card company is just not very good at all. I would not recommend anyone that is trying to get their credit back on track to deal with them. They take your money but won't credit your account until 20 days later if you pay by a Money order. They want you to use your debit card (WHICH I WILL NOT DO). The activation fee you send in is put through almost within 5 days and I was able to use my card immediately, why is it that I make my payments in the form of a money order, and I am dealt with this crap?

So Carmen, a credit manager finally comes on the line and tries to assist me, but the issue she tells me is that a money order can be cancelled. The money order is no longer in my hands and it's in their bank, what in the world! How does that even make sense. Anyway, If anyone is sent an offer from First Premier, please please please think about it first, before accepting it. They say they want to help you rebuild your credit, but all in all they are hurting it more. Also there were added fees applied to my card, plus a late charge!! Watch your accounts daily everyone. This company is just not up to par. Not sure if this company checks their reviews but I think they should so they can try and make changes that are better for their customers so their business can rise above the negative reviews. I will say, the CSR, the Supervisor and the credit manager were ok to deal with.

I have two accounts with this company. I authorized a payment on one account, and they took the payment amount out of my checking account twice. I thought it was an honest mistake, and contacted them. They told me that I authorized both payments. When I told them that I hadn't authorized two payments, and asked for confirmation, I was told it was verbal, and they had no valid confirmation. After an hour on the phone, and basically being called a liar, I gave up. This is a horrible company to do business with.

I could kick myself over and over again for using this credit card. I was trying to establish my credit. By the time I make my minimum payment they are charging credit card fees. On one card they take $8 per month and on the other $18 month. I've stopped using these cards but can never seem to pay the cards off because the monthly fees that they charge. I can only pay the minimum balance each month because this is all I can afford. I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do.

What a horrible company!!! The fees are outrageous, and their employees retaliate against cardholders!! They will suspend your cards without notification, and then you have to jump through hoops to reinstate the cards. CLOSE THE ACCOUNT!!!

I pay my bill on time. I had a divorce years ago and needed to rebuild my credit because of the "bad marriage". In October 2016 I made an online purchase, I understand a credit card "keeps you safe" from fraud. FIRST PREMIER WILL NOT DO A THING TO HELP if you are in a dispute with a charge. I did everything they asked to this day. The purchase total $69.09! They blamed me and lied over and over stating facts that are unconscionable. I've made no more charges since October AND MAKING PAYMENTS OF $6.66 and $13.13 to make a point to them. The only charge is less the amount of the dispute and then the account is closed! PLEASE DO NOT GET A CARD WITH THEM.

THEY STOLE MY MONEY... TOOK PAYMENTS 2 & 3 A MONTH WITHOUT PERMISSION... they say "I did it" but they won't prove it!! Why would I pay this card 3 payments a month for three months in a row!! I would not!! I'm in financial crisis which is why I have them in the first place. They are flat out criminals. I wish I had the money to sue them.

This account was paid in full. The next month had a $6.00 due, paid it. Thought that was it. Then I receive a 30 days late for $8.00. I called them and explained account has zero balance, "I don't owe you anything." My credit score went down 25 point for 30 days late on paid in full account for service charge. This company is horrible. Stay away from them.

I called Premier bank credit card to see if I could get a courtesy credit for my late fee since this was the first time I have ever been late. I did not have any balance except for the annual fee they charged me and somehow I missed the payment date. I received the worst customer service experience I have ever with a credit card company. The Man actually ended up closing my account because I asked him what the procedure is for closing the account if I am not happy. He hung up on me and closed my account. What a horrible company. I have had their card since 2009 and this is the kind of service they give their customers. Premier Bank Credit card sucks. I had to call back and try to get my account reinstated. What a mess.

I can't say I'm shocked by the one star ratings from people with trashed credit who, guess what, also can't seem to manage this card. The fees are terrible, the interest rate is obscene but it's a credit card. One step below this is a secured card. If you're not in a position in your life to pay off the entire balance monthly, you should not be applying for any credit cards when your credit is already trashed. You're digging a deeper hole and if you use a high percentage of the card's available credit, your score will not go up. In fact, it'll go down. Use this for a year, pay off the balance on time and you'll see credit card offers pour in with no annual fees, no upfront deposits and a better interest rate. I've had this card for six months without a single issue.

I have my card for a year now. They gave me a $500 credit line. I pay it in full each month and I avoid paying any interest. It sure worth the annual fee to get your credit back on track. The trick is to pay it off each month, if you can't do that then you should not have the card.

WOW I am very shocked at all the HARSH reviews on Premier bank. I have been a card holder for about 5 months now and I've had absolutely no problems with them. I don't go over my credit limit and I pay on time. I try to make sure I'm paying my balance completely off every month. It makes it easier for me that way, I won't have to worry about late fees and constantly being in debt with them. My advice is to not use what you feel like you cannot pay back. If you think it's going to be a struggle to pay them a certain amount back, then simply don't use it. I have gotten rentals off this credit card but never worried because I knew that I can afford to pay them back in FULL. If you don't have that confidence, then maybe you don't need a credit card at all.

Another thing, don't go over your credit limit. When you go over your limit those are more fees you're going to have to pay. You simply use what you can afford to pay back. I don't understand all these complaints. It's so simple. This credit card is mainly for people with bad credit. Yes, there is annual fee of 125 but you can't expect this perfect card with no additional fees when your credit score is low. You should be happy that this bank even gave you a chance. If you have good credit, then you shouldn't of even got this card. Go get a better one. Go to a major bank. Why are you even with this bank in the first place? This card is to help build credit and once your credit score has improved, simply cancel and move on to a better credit card.

Worst thing you can do for your credit is get a First Premier Card. I haven't used my cards in over 6 months. I recently moved, they have my phone number to contact me. I got an alert on my credit monitoring service about a negative impact. I looked it up and it was First Premier Credit Card about a late payment. I called First Premier and they told me I had a 26 dollar balance on one and 15 dollars on the other and these balances were for Monthly fees on each, $8 per month on each. I asked them why I was not getting statements and they told me that they were receiving them back from my address. I asked them why they didn't contact me as they would any other time. They did not have an answer.

Long story short their little report hurt my credit score by over 60 points for a 26 dollar balance and a 15 dollar balance. You cannot close the accounts either because if you do it also hurts your score. So for the foreseeable future I will be paying First Premier 16 dollars a month combined for each card plus the yearly maintenance fee so I can have 2 credit cards that are garbage and I don't even use anymore. This company is a bunch of crooks and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. If you want to repair your credit get a "secured" card from your bank and employ Creditrepair.com. DO NOT USE FIRST PREMIER BANKCARDS!

You may be desperate for a credit card, but you'll probably should get a secured card with low interest and fees. With First Premier you'll pay a high annual rate and high monthly fee and high interest rate! And the next year... the monthly fees will increase. I signed up for the card and paid a 6.25 fee, the next year they charge an annual fee and then raised the monthly fee to 8.25. I was never late with a payment. I think they also hiked the interest rate. Annoying company.

I received a credit offer from First Premier for a card with a 300.00 limit. Well I got the card and paid like 150.00 in fees. I made my payments on time and on the 3rd month I used my card to pay for a hotel room, and the card gets declined. I had just paid the card off a week earlier. When I called they said that my account was frozen because of suspicion. They stated that I was funding the card with someone else's account. I don't think that I could just not notice 300 a month slowly dripping out of my account. Who even tried that kinda ** regardless. This bank gives a card, have you pay nearly 200 in fees, and lets you use it, then suspends your account without notice.

I had this card for many years. In fact, it was one of the first cards I ever had, so as I got older and my credit improved, I just kind of kept it. Well, I eventually decided to part with it. Over the years I got 2 high limit credit cards and very low interest rates, so I decided to simply pay off the first Premier card and close the account. THE ISSUES - While closing the account they seemed to give me a hard time. Threatening me that 25% of my credit worthiness/score was all because of their card.

I told them thank you, but I now carried a near perfect credit score, and had 2 other high limit/low interest cards, so I simply was not concerned. They closed the account. Now for the UNETHICAL/FRAUDULENT PART. My wife pays all bills online. While paying off my credit cards, in error she sent First Premier $400. Of course, they never notified us and we caught it a few weeks later.

I called First Premier to have the money refunded and the lady said, "Oh, that money was applied to pay off a card you owed 12 years ago". At first I chuckled and said, "Not me ma'am, this was the only card I ever had with you guys". Her reply, "Sorry sir, there is nothing I can do for you". Of course I became agitated at that point - I want my $400 back. Nothing. That behavior is 100% Fraudulent.

Unfortunately because we approved the online bill pay, I cannot dispute the payment with my bank. Over $400, what am I willing to spend to recover that? Not much. I suppose I eat the loss. In any event, I'd urge all of my friends and family to NEVER use First Premier Bank. I am sure this is one of many scams they use to make money.

My husband has a First Premier Card. He was in the hospital and I had to pay the bills. There is a $7 monthly charge to have this credit card. And, because I missed paying it they submitted it to the credit agencies as delinquent. NO call or email of a warning. Just one late notice letter for their $7 FEE (no purchases were placed), which I paid as soon as I received it. When I called to ask for this to be revoked, they said that "they don't do that", and that there is no one to talk to about this. Only a fax number to send a letter. Then they hung up on me when I asked if there was a manager or supervisor I could talk to. Poor customer service that starts with bad management. So, credit drops of more than 50 points due to a missed $7 payment (due to medial situation) which was just the monthly fee for having the credit card. THIS IS POOR SERVICE.

Premier Bankcard Company Profile