Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
  2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Premier Bankcard

Premier Bankcard
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.16/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2020

I got this card back in early 2019, Despite the high yearly and monthly fees and the low $300 limit I was trying to rebuild my credit. After some months of on time payments I defaulted on the card due to an injury and I lost my job. Fast forward to 9 months later I paid the entire balance off in full and asked them to kindly remove it from my credit report. fast forward again to 3 months after that. I give them another shot to try and expand my credit file. One payment got returned and I didn't know about it till I'm getting late fees and calls everyday. Come to find out they closed that account and my first account which was supposed to be removed on my credit report shows up on it again costing my over 100 points on my credit report.

I paid the second card off and asked them to kindly remove both card records from my file as I know have a successful business but having a difficult time due to the COVID-10 pandemic, and because of that we are trying to get a loan to help us get through this difficult times. A loan so I can continue to give my workers paid time off as to prevent the spread of the virus. The gentleman I spoke to said they will never take it off my credit report, either one of them and that my business is not their problem. That the cards account closed before the virus so how does it pertain to now. I explained to him it would improve my chances of getting a loan and/or give us a favorable APR on the loan. He does not care and was not willing to do anything.

Moral of this story is that this company doesn't care about you, the consumer, what they care about is all the fees and money they make off Americans who are struggling to rebuild credit. Whether it be poor decisions from the past, job lay off, or perhaps an injury the damaged your credit, people do change and it is difficult for people to repair their credit especially with companies like First Premier Bankcard that prey on people who are already struggling. Then when we need help the most in the face of a pandemic and people are dying every day, they won't even alter their policies that could help thousands of Americans get loans or better rates to help get through these difficult times. We have all made sacrifices. I discourage anyone from getting a card from them and encourage anyone with one to pay it off and close your accounts right away. It will only hurt you to remain with them as they get richer.

Original review: March 18, 2020

This credit card company is absolutely horrible!!! HORRIBLE!!! They charged me a $95 annual fee before I could even open my account so I pay the fee then they give me a $300 credit limit. I only used the card for gas and food then I owed them $89. I paid the $89 dollars to them and go to use my card for gas again thinking I had money left on it cause I know I didn’t use my whole credit limit and then the card gets declined and I’m confused at this point. I call and ask them why and they don’t give me a answer. All they tell me is it’s something to do with my bank and I call my bank and they tell me my payments are going through and that I need to call the credit card company.

I then check the app and they took a $75 out for ANOTHER ANNUAL FEE!!!! When I already PAID $95 FOR THAT ANNUAL FEE!! Then I get a notification on my phone from Credit Karma that my CARD HAS BEEN CLOSED!!!! How has it been closed when I’ve made all my payments on time and haven’t used my full balance, I call customer service and get to speak with a lady and she tells me that my bank has been sending back the payments but yet my bank statements show that the money has been getting taken out and been getting sent to First Premier, I tell them that and they said it’s fraud like how was it fraud when I own the card and the payments have been getting taken out of my account for 2 months now!!!!

I ask to speak with a manager and she transferred me to her supervisor the supervisor doesn’t let me talk and tells me that the $95 was sent back to me and I never received it in my account cause they took the money already and then proceeds to tell me that they took $75 out toward another annual fee and then tells me that my account was closed cause I haven’t been making payments when I obviously have been cause the money is missing from my account. She was very rude and didn’t let me talk at all!

I tell her that they have been stealing money from me cause I have my bank statements and every payment went through to them and she then yells at me and says, "YOU NEED TO CALL YOUR BANK AND TALK TO THEM!!!" I then say “okay so my account is closed and I owe you nothing” and she says “correct” so I said “okay then I’m done using you guys” and hang up. This bank is lying and dishonest with their customers and steal money from you. I would never recommend this bank to anyone!!! DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANYTHING. THEY HAVE HIDDEN FEES AND ARE NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!!!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I had applied for this card not knowing there was a fee because they don’t tell you until after they “approve” your application. I never paid anything for it because I lost interest after learning that I have to pay a program fee. Long story short I just received a bill for $416.72 from a third party collecting company for something I never activated. Don’t bother with this company.

Original review: March 7, 2020

This card will approve you and give you some time to enjoy your new card! Then hit you with fees up the **! I would not recommend this card! It does not help you in the long run. They threatened to hurt your credit if you call to cancel your card. I had been making my payment faithful and I check my card online to find I'm over the card limit. I was shock like how did this happen. I hardly use this card. Then I call to get a better understanding and I got nowhere. Never again First Premier. Never! You guys are stealing from your customers. Be warned everyone. This card WILL NOT help you. They will stealing your hard earned money. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS CARD OR YOU WILL PAY$$$!

Original review: March 4, 2020

First off they made me pay a 95 dollar fee to start. Which I expected but then they dont allow you more credit than about 200 to start when you should have 300. The first week seemed fine. I paid 30-20 at a time to help myself. Then two days ago I tried to use the app. It only allowed a payment option of a checking account so I added my chase account. I decided I'll just pay off the entire amount. Well I looked and I got charged the 75 dollar annual fee. So there went 75 dollars of my paid off amount. I then look and it says I have no available credit after I paid off the whole card. So I call the customer service & they tell me that because I used my checking account & not a debit card that there's a hold on my card... even though that's the ONLY option they give you for payment on the app. So now I have no access to the credit I PAID FOR TWO DSYS AGO. They said I'll have access in about 20 days!!!! I seriously laughed out loud!!!

The customer service lady was SO rude & I sarcastically said, "Ohh ok that makes totaly sense!" NOT! Where do they even get these ppl! Lol it's like they come from the most ghetto area of the city and they all don't give a crap about you or what you're paying. Total ROBBERY!!! I told her, "WWell thank you SO much for your undivided help I'll be getting rid of you guys' card." Even wanting to restore your credit please stay AWAY from this horrible company!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: March 3, 2020

I signed up for a credit card with First Premier Bank in Sept of 2019. Everything has been great till Feb 2020! I have paid my balances every month on time. Not an issue. Suddenly I make the final pay off in Feb 2020 just like I have every other month before that and all hell broke loose. Just because I made my full balance payments every single month on time they decided to believe that I am using someone else’s account or debit card to make my payments (Laughing hysterically). They freeze my credit card with no warning. No email, no phone call and or no letter in the mail. I found out by checking my account as I do every single month just to see if I’m doing alright. I see $0.00 as my credit limit and $.85 as my credit owed. I’m wondering why is it showing $0 as credit limit?! I’m think eh, maybe their app is under some updating and the accurate info will show up the next day. Nope!!

This showed for 3 days, so I decided to call and ask what’s going on! They proceed to tell me they froze my account and need me to send them a copy of my driver licenses, social Security card, bank statement showing my account info and a picture of my debit card because they want to make sure I am not using someone else’s account to make my *outstanding payments* (laughing hysterically). They say it’s for MY protection! Ha. Ha. No! I immediately call my bank to ask is this is even accurate, they told me exactly this “DO NOT DO IT! Cut that card up NOW!” Welp, that’s exactly what I did! I had to prove my identity, bank info and etc all that BEFORE I got approved for the card - why do you need it again?! Yeah, folks don’t waste your time!! Move on!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I have read several of the reviews for this credit card and I must say with all honesty that not one person got it wrong. This company is dishonest and has exuberant fees. I just closed my account today 2/22/2020 because of these fees. $79 annual fee plus $12 monthly fee!! Hello!!!! They're charging me $223 a year for a $700 credit limit which results to 31.8% of my limit. That is a blatant crime and theft and I would like to know where are our gov't agencies to protect us from fraud like this!!! Nowhere in their original offer do they mention any monthly fee for starters.!! Plus I read another lady's comment how they repeat themselves over and over again and you go absolutely nowhere with the conversation. Terrible all around!!!!

Don't get yourself frustrated. Just stay away!! Need to build credit. Find some other way!! Save money. Build bank accounts not ** credit. Don't let this ** system of credit stop you and their ** way of accessing your credit. Save your money and don't spend a dime!! They'll need you more and your score will sky rocket!! Save save save... That's your credit score!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I won't wish my worst enemy to bank with First Premier Bank. Why? Because they are nothing but scammers. First, I paid $95 ACTIVATION FEE, then paid $75 ANNUAL FEE in advance, then LOADED MY CARD UP TO $300. I used it to build credit. But I changed my mind after a few months, and tried to cancel my account, thinking that I would be able to do so in a few minutes. Contrary to my thoughts, First Premier Bank charged me $328.00. When asked what those charges are for, they said they were my unpaid balance and late fee. When I heard that, I laughed due to their absurdity. How can First Premier Bank charge me $300 when it's up to my discretion to load my secured credit card?

As for credit, they denied me of $30 credit right before I tried closing my account. Conclusion, First Premier Bank never heard what my husband and I tried to say; "$300 was my money I used up. You, bank did not give me a dime of credit at any point. For you to come at me with $460 (as of today), you need to provide us with FACT SHEETS." Their operation is insanity. Repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results. All they do up to this date is to repeatedly call me and repeatedly tell me I owe them $460. Do not ever get any credit card from First Premier Bank or become their customer. They are scammers. They never answer your questions either but try to distract you. They have sent my "bill" to my credit and now I have a delinquent payment posted by a scam company, and they keep on harassing me over the phone.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I use my card and on day 1 the card is declined. For some reason it has been suspended. I contact customer service and accept responsibility for any and all charges. I am told to wait about a week. After 2 weeks, I receive a verification request in the mail. I contact customer service and am ready and willing to get this over with. I ask if I can take photos and send via email? I am informed that this company does not have email?! GTFOH. They require your personal info to be sent in an envelope for review. In addition, the request states, "process may take up to 30 days." GTFOH. SMH. This week I am paying off and closing the account. After paying $95, and having usage for half of one day, it is only fair that I blow up the customer service line to voice my dissatisfaction with the entire experience. I do not anticipate reimbursement, so $95 dollars buys me repeated explanations that I just 'don't understand'. Lol.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Stay away from this bank, interest are very high, I spoke a few time to them to see if they can lower a little my interest percents but they said they can't help me. Plus I have to pay an annual fee of $75 just for keep the card. Please try another company.

Premier Bankcard Company Information