Find a Credit Cards partner

Premier Bankcard

2.5/5 (1075 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Premier Bankcard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Bankcard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Filed chapter 13 five years ago and wrecked my credit. Two years ago I applied for this card and got a 300 limit. A year later I was offered another with 1000 limit via mail and the first now has a 500 limit. My score has improved by 180 points since I got this card. Yes, the interest and fees are high, but that’s the price you pay to rebuild your credit when you suck at paying your bills and have to file bankruptcy. I’ve only ever used the first card to pay my Netflix bill. The other pays my car insurance. I keep them both in a drawer and pay them off monthly. I use the app to pay my bill with my checking account. No issues ever.

Original review: July 26, 2021

First Premier Bank Mastercard is a very terrible card to use. I received a credit card from these crooks. Everything is okay except when you go to pay your credit card using their website. They allow you to pay your credit card via a bank draft. After you submit a payment the funds are not immediately available to you. You have to wait a certain period of time. I just got of the phone with their customer service. He tells me that my available balance will NOT be available to me until the 30th. That will be 7 days since I made my payment. Oh, they do tell you in writing that this may occur, but they do nothing about it. Like pay you back in interest for the loan that they now have. If you are trying to build credit and think that this company would be good for you because they are the only company to give you a credit card. You are better off without a credit card with these idiots.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2021

These people are crooks. They will charge you a late fee if you do not pay by 5:00 PM which you don't know until after they are charging you late fees. They are not transparent with this policy. Is that even legal Horrible? Horrible card. Never again.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I try to establish my credit history, so I applied for this card. Paid the $95.00 activation fee. Then they charged yearly card fee, $12.00 (just went up from $8.00 recently) monthly fee, plus a whooping 36% APR. In March they charged me for $125.20 in fees. I cancelled this card, and I asked them to give me back the annual credit card fee, which was charged in March, 2021. They told me I won't get back any money. They also charge you for credit line increase ($25.00). There is no 0 star which I would give them. This company is a ripoff. Do not open a card with them.

Original review: April 24, 2021

This is the worst credit card I’ve ever signed up for. I’m trying to build my credit so I applied for this. The fee was ridiculous, not only that but it won't let me use it without a pin, I have to “request a pin” each time I use it. I enrolled in auto pay to ensure 100% payment history, the auto pays never withdrawn from my account even though it has sufficient funds. Will be cancelling this horrible card.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Absolutely horrible experience with this shady company. Paid my rip-off activation fee of $95.00 and then tried to use the card. Went thru for $40.00 but couldn't use it after that. They wanted another $129.00 to re-activate it. I had them cancel it today. I couldn't take any more abuse from that company. If you apply for a Premier Bank credit card, you're crazy and should seek professional help.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I have not been able to get full access of my online account via their website since January. I log in and it takes me to the account overview page, but if I click to make a payment, transaction history, or anything, it kicks me out of the account and I have to log in again. I called and spoke with an Amy 1/29/21. She said she hasn't heard of any issue and that they do not have a tech support or web support department. She said to call back some other time if still have the same issue.

Called back 3/1/21 and spoke with CJ for the same issue and now because the code that it generates and sends to your phone when logging in didn't work. Said invalid. Every time I requested for a new code it sent me the same one about 20 times. CJ generated a code and sent it to me and it worked. But it still kicks me out of my account if I click on anything. She said they do have a web support department and that she would email them about the issue. I attempted to access the account via Safari, Firefox, and Chrome web browsers and its all the same results even after clearing my cache.

She told me to use the app. I was able to make my payment that way, but it is easier for me to use their website. Plus they advertise on their website "24/7 Online Account Access". That is false because I can not access mine. I called a 3rd time 4/1/21 and spoke with Shanna an account supervisor. She said she hasn't heard of any issues and that she doesn't see any notes on my account and basically nothing she can do. Terrible customer service!! No willingness to help, investigate, escalate, nothing and I am a customer for about 10yrs with 2 credit cards and this is my 3rd time calling!

Original review: March 25, 2021

We pay our cards off EVERYMONTH on time. Today, we paid our cards off like we normally do and get a flag for “fraud”. I call and get out through all these hoops (had to get my bank on the line to send over something on company letterhead!) to be told it is under review and takes 3-5 days! I’m like that’s what people do! USE THEIR CARDS AND PAY THEM OFF! Stay away from this company! They are horrible with customer service and the cards has no rewards and not worth the hassle!

Original review: March 18, 2021

This is absolutely and unequivocally the #1 worst company I have dealt with in 40 years. They charge you a $79 a year fee, $12 monthly fee, and 36% interest. The app is an absolute joke and never works. I was hit with 4 fraudulent charges and the operators hung up on me multiple times and wasted my time giving me wrong info about waiting for postal mail affidavits, sending electronic letters that never arrived, making me fax in dispute forms which I later found out was the completely incorrect process for fraudulent charges. I had account managers tell me wrong info... charges stayed on my account for weeks making my card maxed out and completely unusable - and of course every time I called begging to resolve it they offered me a credit line increase - $100 - but they would charge me a 20% fee. AVOID or you will be here leaving a similar review. Absolute time wasting nightmare.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I had this card with high fees and high interest. I authorized a $100.00 and they withdrew the total amount owed on the card. I disputed it and they froze the account. Their mistake overdrew my bank account unbeknownst to me for over a week. I had overdraft charges on my bank and a closed account from them. They refused to acknowledge the mistake and are now reporting negatively on my credit.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

First Premier credit card is one of the worst cards to have. They just charge you high unfair interest even when paid off, even when your account is zero. I pay my Bill religiously and They still charge me almost $100.00 a month in fees. This is truly one of the worst credit card companies to use.

DJ