Premier Bankcard

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This card gives one of the worst customer service experience I have encountered anywhere. Expects you to wait for credit availability more than two weeks after you make a payment. Can't use it in short order even if you are pressed for time. High fees for everything, late, etc. Not sure how all this makes business sense, let alone legal.

I applied for an account and not only did they require ridiculous amounts of paperwork they also wanted $100 for an activation fee the wanted another $150 a year for a membership fee. DO NOT fall for their offer. They are taking care advantage of people in the worst way I've ever seen. I have a credit score of 689. Not great but certainly not awful. I currently hold in my wallet 6 credit cards. I owe nothing on any of them and one has a credit limit of $4000. The lowest card has a limit of $600. I started out with bad credit and the most I paid for a card was a $75 fee and nothing else after the fact. Here are the cards I have from companies that didn't try to gouge me - Blaze, Barclaycard, Merrick Bank, Credit One, Capital One.

I paid $400 on my account and five days later I went to used, and it said that I don't have any credit. Then, I called them to see what was going on and they said that they hold it for 8 days. Don't understand that one. So, I decided that I want to close my account and they said they would still charge me interest and maintenance fee. Talk about a loan shark. DO NOT GET 1ST PREMIER BANK CARD. THEY ARE A LOAN SHARK IN DISGUISE.

I had received an offer from First Premier credit card with a $750.00 dollar credit limit that had a $99.00 and an $8.00 a month service fee for servicing my account. I paid them perfectly and I got a notice that the second year I had to pay a 198.00 yearly charge and the monthly service fee went from $8.00 per month to $12.00 per month. I cancelled my card as I was not going or willing to pay double the second year when I proved my credit worthiness in the first year never late and always paid more than my monthly minimum. They are still charging me the fees and I ripped up the card. I am willing to pay my balance of 640.00 to them but have been sending 50.00 per month and only 20.00 per month comes off the principal.

I called them to see if I can work something out to pay the principle down since they do not have to service my account any longer and they will not work with me. I refuse to pay their outrageous fees and now the card that was to help my credit is hurting it. I need the servicing fee dropped from my monthly statement so I can get the balance paid to keep my credit good. Is there a lawsuit against this company that I can join in on? I am hoping to keep my credit good as they promised they would help me do.

Premier Credit Card - Sucks!!! Like previous card holders, why does it take a week to have my credit card account to be credited when I make a payment and when the funds are taken out of my account in 2 days? I have been with PCC for 13 months and I have missed one payment. Other than that, I have been current every month. I asked for a credit line increase and they told me it will take 7-10 days for a decision and if I did get a credit line increase, they would charge 25% of the credit line increase. Excuse my language but that is BS. I told the rep that I wanted to cancel and she was not very good at keeping me around. I will be glad to close this account since other credit card companies have treated me much better and offered better deals. Good Riddance!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

My credit was ran online without my authority and I had a security alert on my credit. When I called the bank dodged and weaved around my complaints. Not only do they make credit card fraud easy, they build you down to overcharging you to build you up.

So okay I have this card with the $500 LIMIT. I have used it and I have been paying my balance with Visa gift debit cards - the phone system takes them fine and no problem, until today. Now they (LOSS PREVENTION), have locked me out of my account with no available credit until they get a statement from MY BANK with the last four numbers of my checking acct and debit card (both accounts which I have not used to pay this FP card yet). I am furious!

There is NOTHING on the FP website that reads you cannot use a debit Visa gift card, which is perfectly legal tender, to pay your balance down. I am thinking about getting my lawyer on this one. Just ridiculous that I am having to show proof from MY BANK with debit card and checking info that I have not even used for this FP card! This is absolutely infuriating, and I feel like I am being persecuted for no reason! VERY BAD COMPANY! When I am done paying this balance down on this god forsaken company's cc I will be closing it. DO NOT GET ONE!!!

I have a credit limit of $700 with First Premier. I have always paid on time on more than the minimum. I also have a Capital One and just got an increase with them. Today I logged onto my First Premier account and see that my credit limit is $700 but that I owe $1375! A payment of almost $700 had been returned which I did not make from a bankcard. The last 4 digits were not mine and a bunch of charges where made right after this payment. My wallet got stolen on 8-12 and I reported the card as stolen. This fake payment was made right after that.

First of all I usually have to wait 7 days for my payment to clear and they automatically pay off my card with a fraudulent payment and First Premier allows this credit to be used right away? Then I called today to explain I never made that payment or these fraudulent charges and all the customer service rep keeps repeating all the charges like they are reading a script. If they do not clear this up I don't care if this card goes to collections. I will not pay for charges I did not charge nor will I reimburse them for a payment that was fraudulent made (and then returned to them). That is their problem and when I reported my card stolen why didn't they freeze my account?

I applied for a credit card about 2 weeks ago and never got it. They charged me a 87 fee for the annual fee but I never activated the card yet because I never got it yet... So how do I make payments? It's going to ruin my credit and I have read today that this credit card co. is very bad and tends to try and charge as much fees as possible. Can you help me? Thanks.

I'm sure a lot of people are going to think I'm stupid but here it is... I've never had a credit card before, and I was told on the phone when I was paying $95 to activate the card that as long as I made a $30 payment each month I was get $250 credit each month. I made the $30 payment and even asked the lady on the phone what is my current available balance that I can use, she told me $250. I tried to use it today because my kids needed school supplies, the card was decline. I call First Premier and asked them what was wrong and I was told I had a $0 balance. So I was lied to twice by these people.

I am card holder starting since 2013. If I am late 10 minutes for payment and call them they will charge you late fee $35.00 no excuse and their customer care people, I can say 95% they treat you like you are nothing. For example, it was my baby birthday. For the first time I forgot to pay and call them the next day. But a woman respond my call and she said, "Why you call you already knew that you are late", and said, "I don't care", and I tried to explain how I am getting refund late fee from CAPITAL ONE CREDIT CARD companies always. But she hung up on me. I was surprised. But I am about close my account with them. Horrible customer care ever for the last 4 yrs.

I paid my card in full in May of 2016 and had NOT used it at all. Then Aug 8th I get a notice that my card is past due and has an outstanding balance of $30.00. I was really confused because I knew there was no balance and no use of that card. I called to find out why the $30.00 and was told that it was now $60.00. The date on the notice they sent was July 26, 2016... I got the notice and called Aug 8th. How in 13 days did the fees double? I let them know I was not aware of a monthly fee and had no reason to even check the account as I knew I had paid it in full so I was not aware of the "past due" amount they were claiming. I asked that they waive the fees as I had good standing with them. They would not, and wouldn't explain why it went from $30.00 to $60.00 in 13 days. They also would not lower the amount...

I paid their stupid fees and closed BOTH cards I had with them. I would rather have my credit score go down because I closed these than have them reporting that I pay late or not at all... DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY THEY ARE NOT HONEST!!! Plus they give not benefits for their fees, not air miles, not cash back NOTHING!!! If you are going to get a card get a Chase United card and get air miles for all the bills you pay! We love that card!!! First Premier Master Card is HORRIBLE and I would give them NO STARS if I could!

I received in the mail a pre-approved credit card with a limit of $500. I filled out the online application then waited a couple of days then I called the number given. The representative was very kind, professional and honest. He explained to me the $95 application fee, $125 automatic charge and after 1 year I would be paying $10+ a month and a $125 annual fee. So, I pay $95+125=220 before I use the card which is the actual initiation fee. After 1 year I will then pay $125 annual fee + $10+monthly fee and interest fees. Then I get an available credit of $280 but must pay back $500+ back to First Premier Bank plus annual fee, monthly interest and monthly fees. If I am late or go over my limit I will be charged $27-37 in fees.

Now that you have read my above statement... DO THE MATH!!! They give you $500 credit but take $125 off the $500 giving you $375 available credit but you have to pay back $500+ in fees & interest. The next year and every year after you pay $125 annual + monthly fees of $10+!!! This is robbery and First Premier Bank should be investigated and shut down. The consumer (US) is being set up to be enslaved to First Premier Bank by paying out more than our usury. Re-read the above statement then decide no to this debt trap. I was tempted but I am practicing what I teach. I turned this offer down before paying the requested $95 initiation fee... who does this... First Premier Bank that's who!

I am a co person for an account and they told me I could call about questions regarding it and everything. However, I have been making on time payments, sometimes more than the minimum required and it never fails. They always say I over drafted when I did NOT. I am really unhappy. I paid the last one because it said I was overdraw by x amount and had to pay like 150.00 because of it. Now this month it says I'm over drawn almost 13 dollars? I didn't use the damn thing and haven't in a while. And then I get something in the mail saying they were going to confiscate our cards because the bank the money is transferring from to pay for the damn credit card isn't in the issuer's name. Hello. I am a co person on the account. I have my own card for the same account. Of course I am going to pay for what I use so therefore it will be coming out of my bank account.

I am royally mad and want this company shut down for fraud. I believe that's all this is. I will be contacting a lawyer regarding my case and will be suing them because they are a fake and all they want is money even if the money isn't owed to them. I can understand a minimum payment that's due and I can pay extra but when they keep charging for whatever they are charging and saying I am going over my limit that's on them, not me and now I am going to do everything I can to get this company shut down. Why should I keep paying if they are going to cancel our cards because I am paying the payments through my bank account and not the primary account holder's account? And if this goes on mine or his credit report I will sue for that as well because First Premiere is doing it to themselves and I am fed up with it.

I lost my job due to company-wide layoffs on 2/28/2015. Yet for almost a year thereafter, I was able to make timely payments on my 1st Premier Bankcard through unemployment insurance and eventually finding seasonal work that ended on 12/31/2015. Although I tried to make minimum payments on my card, after a couple of months, I became more financially strapped and decided to activate my credit protection option purchased through 1st Premier Bank on 3/4/2016. I spoke to a representative, they took my relative info and activated credit protection by giving me a BENEFIT NUMBER to verify and validate. Realizing that I was approaching the end of the standard 6 month protection period, I went online to review my account and was shocked to find out that none of the credit protection benefits had been paid and that my balance had ballooned to more than twice the amount of my original credit limit.

Not only that, when I called the automated customer service option and entered my card number, it replied that my card number was invalid and after checking my account online, I realized that my card account had been closed. I received no e-mail or regular mail to alert me of this happening before or after. I then called 1st Premier's Customer Service on Sunday, July 31st at 11:25 am CST and it was closed during their stated open business hours between 10 am - 9 pm CST. I recorded the message stating that they should be open for business during those times for additional evidence of bad business practices. This error on 1st Premier's part has undoubtedly damaged my credit rating at a time when I've been unemployed while desperately trying to hang on to the reasonable credit rating I once had.

It has caused me additional stress and anguish to know that the fees I paid and the payment protection benefit plan I've been paying every month since opening my account and was supposed to be in effect not only wasn't but has damaged my credit in a way that will take months to resolve and abate... If I'm ever able to resolve it at all. There's now a bad mark on my credit rating that I didn't deserve and that it seems I "paid for" and I'm ready and willing to file a lawsuit against 1st Premier Bank for their malfeasance that worsened my credit rating that will also include the unnecessary stress and mental anguish that they've caused me.

I will call them tomorrow Monday, August 1 to see if I can get at least the unjust balance they've assessed abated and find out how could they have made such an egregious error. But even if my account is settled, there's still a matter of my credit rating being sabotaged that will make taking legal action against this "bank" mandatory.

UPDATED ON 08/01/2016: Continuing from my previous review, I called 1st Premier the following morning and tried to find out how such an egregious mistake could've been made. After speaking with an arrogant customer service rep who would cut me off at every opportunity, I requested to speak to a manager TWICE before the CS agent respected my request. Once I spoke with the manager, he confirmed that they had placed a "Cease and Desist" order on my account and closed it and said it was because I told them they didn't have to keep calling me after applying and being approved for payment protection. Furthermore, the manager also said that Cease and Desist orders are done without the customer's knowledge as the reason why I wasn't notified. Do even have to go into how nefarious a business practice this is?!

Anyway, the manager continued to debate with me over the circumstances regarding my account, never apologizing and never holding 1st Premier accountable for anything throughout the entire conversation. Realizing that the conversation was going nowhere, I hung up and proceeded to initiate legal action against 1st Premier. Halfway through that process, I thought about it and decided to call back to talk to the same manager and be more affable to see if we come to a satisfactory and equitable agreement. The manager was definitely more affable as well this time around... but still expressed that there was relatively nothing they could do about my card being closed and charged off but did suggest that they may be able to "work something out" once the payment protection plan I "thought" was in effect was reinstated and payments were retroactively applied to my account.

FYI, the payment protection plan is separate from 1st Premier and has no access to account information... which not only makes little sense, it also makes resolutions more difficult to have to coordinate between two separate entities that don't communicate with each other except via electronic transmissions of payments or policy updates. The 1st Premier's manager's suggestion was for "me" to pay off the balance that I verified had ballooned to approximately 40% above my credit limit because of the late fees and interest assessed over time. Needless to say that if my payment protection had been honored, my interest would've been lower, my balance would've been a lot lower and there wouldn't have been any assessed late fees... the undeserved bad mark on my credit report withstanding.

I'm still VERY upset and disappointed in the way they've treated me but I told the manager I'd wait to see how payment protection will handle this and what payments they'll make on my account before I continue pursuing legal action against them. If they pay retroactively what they should've all along and my balance reflects what it SHOULD BE at this point had everything gone as planned, there's still a matter of my account being closed, a cease and desist order that I never asked for or was made aware of and the negative mark on my credit report. Also, I had planned to re-activate my account for regular use soon, making normal monthly payments, but now am forced to pay off the card balance regardless of what the final balance turns out to be because the manager said he couldn't nor wouldn't re-open my account.

So there are still aspects of this case that can not be resolved and require legal action. I'll wait another week or so to see what the final disposition will be and decide how and what type of legal action I'll pursue AFTER reporting 1st Premier to my state's AG office. Bottom line is that I want my credit protection payments reinstated and retroactively paid, the late fees and the accrued interest abated accordingly and my credit report cleared of any dereliction of nonpayment to 1st Premier. And I'll do whatever I have to do make those happen. To be continued with the final part 3.

I initially applied to this credit card as a means to build my credit score. I didn't have any problems with them for the first year, as I was using the card and paying them off monthly. Never carried a balance. Two years in, I opted against using this credit card as a means to make payments so I politely left this card with a ZERO balance. To my surprise, the following month I was charged a late fee for my ZERO balance. Apparently, I was still being charged a 6 dollar fee EVEN THOUGH I wasn't using the card.

I called their customer service immediately to cancel the card but was sweet-talked by one of their "cancellation specialists" they have on duty at all times. I decided to over pay the card so that I could have a credit in the account for them to draw their "maintenance fees" from. Earlier this month, I happened to double check my account to find that I was charged yet another late fee for a 27 cent balance. That's right, $30.00 CHARGE for 27 cents!!! I called them immediately to cancel. I suggest anyone wanting to build credit, beware of this company!! They will destroy your credit faster than they can build it! P.S. I wanted to attach a copy of my statement so that Everyone could see, but their statement page was conveniently "temporarily unavailable".

They pretend to be honest with helping you to build your credit but they won't give you a credit increase but will send you a another credit card charging you double finance charges and double interest and tell me they are not double billing. And I made a cash advance and my card has been suspended for over 10 days then I letter about calling to have it reinstated when I have called over 3 times to no avail. It's the worst card I have ever had. I would not recommend this to a dog. They give you a increase and take $25 out of every $100 then they put themselves on your credit report and say that you have used it too much and the percentage of use makes it go to poor. And they have the audacity to say that they are helping you then you make a payment then freeze your card putting you in a situation where if you have planned to rent a car or hotel you can't use the card.

This card is by far the worst I've ever had and everything the reps say is a lie. I had this card for one year and they won't give me a increase and I never been late or over my limit. I will be canceling it out very soon and go somewhere where my money is welcome. Thanks but poor services.

I after 40 mins of 1st Premier's endless menus, I found a way to get to a live CSR. I asked them to take my payment in full and cancel both accounts and I would cut these two cards up. They refused to and said "we have to read you our statement. We are responsible for 15% of your credit score." Still the CSR kept sending me over to two other reps - all refused to accept full payment. They then suspended both my cards - while having a credit left on my cards. I then attempted many times to make full payment over the net. Finally today I have paid all the monies they would accept without ending up in a page error. In excess of $650.

What they're doing is trying to keep these two accounts open and continue charging me an annual fee of $49 and a monthly maintenance fee. Not sure what this is. So now my accounts are still open - full payment have been paid them and my account shows 0 credit available. This has got to be credit card fraud IMO. What can I do now? I hope I don't have to pay an attorney. I am sick about this. They are like a tick sucking the blood out of a fat poor dog. Please do not ever get their card - you'll be sorry.

This has to be the most unprofessional banking company I've ever had to deal with. They told me when I signed up I pay a 95.00 processing fee for a line of $225. So yesterday I paid my amount that was due which was $30.00 so they only gave me 30.00 of credit. Basically what you put in is what you get out which makes it a prepaid credit card so I'll have to pay 268 for a line of 300 credit - no thanks.

Let's face it, those of us with these credit cards only have them because we are in bad credit positions. Otherwise, this company would not be in business, and we wouldn't bother with this card. Fees - Otherwise known as, "please sir, may I have another". Where to start with this card. $95 as a 'processing fee' - Just to open the account. $75 charge already applied to the first statement. That brings it up to $170. The first year you have this credit card, there are no monthly fees. However, that changes in the second year when your annual fee drops to $45 and then you're charged a 6.95 monthly fee, just for the privilege of having this card.

Payments - Otherwise known as "We'll take your money, and MAYBE apply it to your account". Don't get me wrong, they'll apply it. It's just a matter of WHEN they feel like it. I've already made two actual payments to my account. Both were small payments $80 and $25. Both of these small payments were posted to my account the next day. However, when I went to make a $265 payment, the money was withdrawn from my bank. Five days later, nothing has been posted to my account.

I called customer service and was told my payment was being held to make sure it cleared. They must think we are simple people that know nothing about banking. They have my money. They had it by midnight of the day they took it. I wonder where my money went. I'll leave that here. Customer Service assured me that the money would be available by week's end. We'll see. Somehow, I don't think it'll happen. If you want to make sure your payment is posted to your account on the same day, call them and do so with your debit card. According to them, it doesn't have an associated fee. Long story short. This is card for people with bad credit. If you have other options for a credit card, use them. Stay away from this company. If you do not, then make sure you UNDERSTAND what you're getting yourself into. I'll keep my card, but will not do so for longer than a year.

WITHIN 30 DAYS I PAID $75+$264 = $339. I closed my account just after ONE MONTH due to abusive fees and horrible customer service. Even though I spent less than $70 from the credit card, they have charged me $264 and from the beginning I paid $75 just for processing fees. They are charging interest plus whatever fee. Done with them. Don't get. Be careful. I never recommend this card to anyone. Trust me. This is the horrible credit card in USA.

My wife and I had hit tough financial times in 2006 when I was continuing to get ill year after year. We finally had no recourse but to file bankruptcy. First Premier, I found out, was on the list of creditors cancelled when the bankruptcy was signed. Fast forward to 2016, our financial situation has improved and for some reason we have a card from them again. We get a message in the mail that our accounts are overdue. They are not. Finally I looked at the amounts past due and look at the bankruptcy discharge amounts. They are exact to the penny. Yes this company took a hit with our bankruptcy but without it, we would have been homeless. I then called the law office to took care of our bankruptcy and I look at the sealed documents. First Premier got 95% of what was due them just plain luck of their position on our credit reports. No where, no how should they have ever tried to collect on the 2006 debt so it is being ignored.

I closed my account two yrs ago due to abusive fees. To this day after paying for these last two yrs still owe the same amount I did two yrs ago. They are charging interest plus whatever fee. Done with them. Don't get. Totally ruined my credit.

First Premier has an obscenely high interest rate, and horrible fees. The only reason to get this card is to improve your credit, and that's where it does serve a useful purpose. Tanked my scores a couple years ago. Got a card with either a $300 or $500 limit (can't remember). Anyways I took it sideways, got the card. Pay on time, don't go over limit, etc., and your score will skyrocket, at least mine did. Now I have a couple of respectable, low fee, cash back cards.

So, in a nutshell... Read the fine print, pay the astronomical fees, etc. and within a year or so get a quality card. It's the price you have to pay to rebuild your credit. Get a better card, then cancel these guys. On their statement they will give you one months advance notice that your yearly fee is coming up. Pay it off and close it right then!

Again, read all the fine print about annual fees, authorized users, etc., so you don't go over your limit. You have to keep a close eye on these fools. So, I gave it 4 stars, just because it helped me get a huge raise in FICO score. Good luck to all of you. And don't expect anything "fair" from these guys, they're just a tool to help you get back on track.

I have had a Premier card for some time. Yes they have a lot of fees, they are upfront about them (if you read thru ALL the terms). My issue with them is from being over the credit limit on my card. They allowed me to make a charge that put my account over the limit. My next payment was not due for three weeks. They started using an auto dialer system to call my cell phone, which always said Restricted or Unavailable on caller ID. I got calls from them day after day as many as four times a day, computer calls always. I answered one call to see who it was and what they wanted. Their agent insisted that the over limit amount had to paid now even though my next payment was three weeks away.

IF you are willing to pay all the fees and this is a very expensive card to have, whatever you do dont be late on a payment or go over the credit limit. They will hound you relentlessly until you pay them what they want including late and over the limit fees. This is one card you want to stay away from. IT is not worth paying all the fees just to have it. There should be and have been class action lawsuits against them. Also they make it difficult to close your account and will try to talk you into keeping it open. My advice DO NOT get one of their cards, you will regret it sooner or later.

Monthly servicing fee, then hit me with an annual service to boot. I want to dump this card.

Do not under any circumstances deal with First Premier Bank. If you pay your full balance every month they will suspend your card and not return the $125.00 fee nor the $45.00 fee when accepting the card! By far an unfair and dishonest credit card company!

Opened a dispute is supposed to take only 30 days to rectify. Well it was 5 weeks and they took the money out of my account!! After thinking that their intentions were to help me since I have 2 accounts with them, what a nightmare!!! They sided with the merchant. I wanted to close my accounts. They switched me to I think some terrible speaking person in Nigeria, talking to him was a waste of time!!! He's like, "Call this number and they can help you with your dispute". Uh no, I called it's the same # that's on the back of the card!!! C.S. go through all the prompts, getting Kathy on the phone and it was like a deaf ear on the other end!! "Oh so sorry you'll have to wait for the dispute decision to come in the mail with their phone # and ext to call"!!! I'm so sorry I ever got involved with these people!!! Worst decision I've made in a long time!! CS is TERRIBLY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! YOU CAN GET MORE OUT OF A ROCK!!! SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

I got this card to help my girlfriend get started on repairing her credit. I was billed $116.00 before receiving the cards. My girlfriend tried to use the card and was declined even after receiving a pin number. I immediately cancelled the account over the phone. The woman was extremely pushy trying to convince me to keep it reading a script ignoring everything I tried to say until she finished. I yelled "cancel the account, omg!" Still trying to convince me I again demanded it to be cancelled. Ten hours later I log on to make sure it's cancelled and there's an additional $108.00 to be paid. The cards were never used. I cancelled it and they still keep going. Unbelievable. Do not get this card as there is a huge 37% APR. Not at all worth using.

Premier Bankcard Company Profile