Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Premier Bankcard
3.50/5

Premier Bankcard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

This is the worst company. I just received this card and this is some of the text in a letter I got. All I did was pay the card. They told me I made too many payments so they suspended my card. I also changed my address and sent them my id and ss card. They is giving me the run around. This is crazy. The people that is giving good reviewed must work for them and trying to give good reviews. This is the worst. I have already screened shot every part of the website with my info. If something is not done I will go further with this. Yes I made bad decision while I was young. I'm trying to fix it my errors but don't steal from people who is trying.

"Dear MARY(I removed my last name from letter): This letter is regarding your First PREMIER Bank credit card account ending in 7645. In an effort to identify potential fraud, we periodically review credit card accounts. A recent review indicated unusual payment activity based on your account history. For this reason, we are taking the proactive step of suspending your account. All authorization attempts will be declined and continued use of this account may result in the confiscation of your credit card. Please allow up to 90 days to complete our investigation. If additional information is needed, we will contact you. Questions can be directed to the Customer Service Department at 1-800-987-5521. Business hours are Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Time."

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I have had the Premier Bankcard for at least 5 years. My wife and I were building up our credit and it was a good card for that purpose. This past year I paid the account off and have not use it for purchases or transfers. They continued to charge a fee each of of $15, which I paid only because I didn't want it to affect my credit score. My interest rate is 36%, so there is no way I would use this card.

This past September I get my new paperless Bill notification and it had a $60 Fee, plus the $15 Fee and then a credit protection Fee!! So I called and talked to a customer service rep. I explained I would just like to close the account, and not pay the $60 fee because I did not intend to keep or use the card. I did pay that months $15 fee, which she accepted. Since then I have received a many calls, which to them I am past due. I have gone over what took place over and over. They then sent me a letter explaining I needed to verify that I wanted to close my account with a letter or fax, which I immediately faxed. Again more phone calls! Be careful of this credit card. If you can get another, then do so. They swamp you with fees, lates fees on the fees and extremely high interest.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

Went to make a purchase, card was declined... Cashier ran thru as credit, declined... Went out to car. Called. I was told because I made too many payments, it looked suspicious, same checking account was used to pay... so without getting in touch to even check, they suspended my account. Now this is the same checking account I used to pay their secured fee. According to credit monitoring companies, they want you to have a smaller balance vs your credit limit... this is why I was paying the card down... Now I'm sure the suspension will go on my credit score, but not the reason why! I am furious!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019
Hey. I opened my account and they called me to make a payment because I used the card and said, “Hey, we gonna give you a little break. So, you pay $270, and you’re gonna pay $45.” So, I said, “Cool.” So, I used my Cash App card. And don’t you know because I used a different payment method, and I used to pay the assess fee, they blocked my account and put it on hold and told me they’re checking it for fraudulent activity on a $300 credit card, which I paid $270 out of my Cash App card? They asked me for all these paperwork. So, now, here it is. They got all the paperwork, my card number, everything, and they still have not unblock my card. I don’t understand what’s going on with these people. But, hey, it is what it is. And I will be cancelling with them before I get in over my head with this company.
Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I just got them. Never read about the extra fees till I got my card, the membership fee and and extra card fee. I paid the $128 in fees. On 10/8/19 went to use the card. Declined. Called First Premier, the lady says, "Oh it can take 10-20 days to post." Of course I called her out on the **. I told her the app shows a payment posted and the money is out of my account, not pending, meaning you have your payment. Tries to tell me because I used my checking and routing number it takes longer. Once again I called her out telling her it makes no sense. The payment is posted. I should have came here first. I got this to help my credit, not this crap. I'll be cancelling soon.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

So I made a few payments to my account which they took the money no problem, then when I go to use the card it doesn’t work. I call them to be told I was suspended because they need a letter from my bank that states I’m allowed to use my checking/debit card to pay my bills. When I sent them info they still didn’t lift the suspension because I was rude and the fraud department was “real busy” and hung up on me. Well once I’m not suspended, good luck trying to get payments from me... I might be too busy to pay.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I just got my card and paid the $95 fee on the 3rd of October 2019. The automated system said I have an available credit of $255. So I wait until the next day to use my card and it gets declined, I was okay with it because I brought my debit card along and decided to call when I got back. I called them in the 4th to speak with someone and she first say I used all my credit???? I tell her, "No I just got this card." She left and came back 10 mins later and say my card will be activated in 2 days. Well here I am October 7, 2019 on the phone with someone else. Apparently they say someone call on the 3rd after I set my account up saying they are a third party and they say my online account up wrong ???? so they cancelled my card and sent a new one. That would have been okay if I was notified or told this on the 4th when I spoke to someone. I only got the card to build credit not for the damn run around.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I started using First Premier Bank's credit card in 2010 to help repair my credit. To obtain a $300.00 credit line I had to pay $200.00 to secure my card. The other fees are $7.00 to $9.95 monthly fees depending on your credit limit. There is also a $48.00 Annual fee as well! Included as well is a late fee of $35.00 which they can waive that fee once a year. They were kind enough to extend my credit limit to $700.00 after about 7 years due to my credit score increase. I have been thinking about canceling to get my $200.00 dollars fee back from securing it. Now they say my card is not secured, which means, where did my $200.00 go? Looks like I am having to find all my paperwork going back to 2010 and prepare myself for a battle with First Premier credit card!!! Moral of the story: "Don't do this!"

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Customer service premiered first and I knew it would be the last I dealt with this bank. From the automative answering system rotating me back to the main menu numerous times before a live representative came to the line, to that representative being Lori taking my decision to not pursue her company personal; I couldn’t do it. Glad I knew better to read the reviews, and to view that outdated online banking app before paying the program fee. The card design gave me prison vibes anyway - not a cute look for my wallet. Don’t choose this bank too. Don’t choose it! I’m telling you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I have a First Premier Bank credit card. Initially I obtained it for credit building in January of 2019. Following the advice of my consultant I was to spend about $50 transaction a month and then pay the balance down to $10. I’ve don't that and can see the reflection of where it has improved my credit. Now the problem comes when one time a portion of that $10 balance that I left was part of the previous months bill, so they suspended my card. No big deal. Paid them and was able to use my card again. Had to use the card to help pay bills sometime for a few months, but always paid my balance and never late doing so.

Now fast forward to September 2019 I go into a store and try to use my card. It gets declined twice. After leaving I call the company to inquire as to what’s the problem. I find out that I am again with a suspended card, but this time for making TOO MANY payments to my account, and the only way to gain access again is to fax them a picture of my debit card that I use to pay my balance and prove my identity. Now this is the card that I have used since January to pay my balance and it’s never been a problem. However now all of a sudden it is one.

To top it off, who do they think in their right mind is gonna fax a picture of their debit card to someone. They’ve suspended my account twice within 9 months and both times without a warning or notice or any communication as to why UNLESS I call to find out. One suspension because I owed $5 and the other because I pay my balance that I owe them. Screw them and save yourself trouble by staying away from this company.

Premier Bankcard Company Information