Premier Bankcard

Premier Bankcard

2.4/5 (1105 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Premier Bankcard

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Premier Bankcard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Premier Bankcard?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I have been trying to build my credit and I was ok paying the mandatory fees just to get my credit built. I have had this card about a month. I paid $95 to get the card started and have made 3 more than minimum payments on this card to keep my balance owed down. I have only used the card for paying at stores twice. They gladly took all 3 different payments and also the $95 fee also charged me twice for the $75 annual fee then without notice just completely closed my account. I have called and called they are completely rude and you cannot get ahold of the correct security department to resolve any issues. This company is a complete scam and joke. What a waste of money that I certainly did not have to waste. Zero Stars!

Original review: July 16, 2022

I have had a Premier Bankcard for a couple of years. I make my payments on time, usually, early, I often pay more than the min., yet the balance never goes down and is often over the amount. I have reached the point with this card company's practice where I won't be making any more payments. I don't care how far down my credit falls. Something is very wrong with this company. I am aware of the fees. I keep a close watch on this account. There is something underhanded here.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2022

My credit amount was reduced by 80 percent based on ONE late payment even though my credit payment history is 100 percent over five years with all other credit issues. This affected/reduced my credit score by over 10 points. **!!

Original review: June 11, 2022

Somebody got ahold my social security card. They opened up an account under my social security number and name (they even misspelled my name in the account) not even using my phone number, address, or email. I found out via credit karma updates that I had a new credit line. I immediately called to cancel the bank account that was fraudulently opened. It's been months later and they have still not closed the account and they will not take me off as liable for a account when it was not even me that opened it in the first place. This bank is criminal and I am going to have to take this to court. My goal is to shut this fraud company down for good.

Original review: May 20, 2022

My Huntington Bank ATM was not working and and the inside was closed. So I go to Premier Bank to use their ATM and they take my card because it wasn't their banking card. I am very angry and I wish they would go back to Home Savings & Loan. Please not Bank with them.

Original review: May 17, 2022

This has happened a few times, where I have paid the amount due this period once the statement was produced, made purchases and then when I pay online, the minimum amount due was different. I was charged a late fee, even though I called the company to ask about the discrepancy and what the 2 amounts represented. I was assured that making the amount due this period after the statement was created, is what I need to pay, and that if I made that payment amount there would be no late fee. And yet again ...There was!!??

Original review: April 16, 2022

Premier card Customer Service is the worst all together. Always rude, never friendly or try to help in any way. Teach your Customer Service people some people skills, a simple goodbye at the end would be great. Nope. They just hang up in your face.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Premier Credit Card is not a good card for any reason, even if you destroyed your credit. Premier charges $95 program fees and $75 a year to use the card not including the super high interest. It is not worth it. After noticing I paid over $250 a year in fees for a $700 credit limit and the near 30% interest rate I decided to close my account. I called in to customer service to close the account and I was told my balance to pay off the account. I paid it right then and there on the phone and was told that my account was paid in full and closed.

Two months later I received an email telling me to pay my $30 min....on a closed account!! I immediately called to speak to a supervisor who made excuses of the person I spoke with made a mistake and I still owe $95 more including a monthly fee. This is a scam!! I was then told I received my statement and should have known what my balance was?! So I'm supposed to know my balance over the customer service person closing my account and is looking at my balance on their computer screen??!! Huh??? What kind of supervisor is this?? Shanna #**. The worst credit card and company I've ever seen!!! Don't do it!!

Original review: March 28, 2022

Before I even received my card, I was being charged high fees that was not disclosed prior to accepting the card. Then since I hadn’t used the card immediately they closed my card due to unused card. No warnings or letters that it was closed. They also have the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. Remember to write down when you speak to them because they do not report it on your account. The lady I spoke with today was horrible. I am like anyone else trying to rebuild their credit and this company abuses that. It should be a crime with businesses like this. I would never suggest this company or what they claim to offer anyone!! Stay away!!

Original review: March 28, 2022

My credit card was closed due to 2 missed payments in 90 days back in June. This is ridiculous considering I made a payment every month. The website forces you to put in card information for automatic payment. My payment dates and other bills don't align with an automatic payment arrangement so every month I get insufficient funds fees from First Premier bank. I have called them about taking my card off automatic payment once before. Their website is out of date. Won't even take credit and debit card payments. Send you to a third party website to make a credit or debit card payment . After that you still have to enter your account number which is your card number which I shredded because I have accrued so many fees from this credit card company it is ridiculous.

The customer service representative was not helpful when I explained that my account is not closed if I am still actively making payments. I have paid this credit card off and nothing has been reporting to my credit each month but a closed account. This impacts my credit two ways - a closed account reporting each month and no active payments reporting. The app is hell to deal with the passwords they want you to put it are ones you can't remember have to have it to your websites. I will tell anyone to not get a card from here. It takes a long time (two weeks) for the payment to come out if you have to use account and routing number. Go with Discover.

Premier Bankcard Company Information