Disclosures

Premier Bankcard

1.3/5 (30 ratings)

About Premier Bankcard

Premier Bankcard Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I got a 200 dollar credit limit. Paid 95 dollars to get started... A month later card finally arrives. I can't even use the credit limit because it's been all used up with their fees owed already...in which they were suppose to waive first months fees since my card didn't make it in the mail until almost 30 days..so I closed my account. Told them to refund my money...and all they refunded me was .70 out of $95 and still charged me for the $50 annual fee and additional card holder that was added to my account that I didn't even add to my account as well which was $29....and then shorted me $15 that was left over from the $95 I spent to get it all started...

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

I had an HSBC credit card. My card was paid in full and a zero balance for roughly one year. In the summer of 2022 apparently, HSBC sold my account and info to the company. They mailed a card snail mail and it was stolen. This happened between August and September 2022. In September 2022 the card was used (in person) at a dozen or so stores outside the SF Bay Area. The creep thief was able to download Premier's app and change my contact info (email and phone). They began a spending spree. In two days racked up roughly 4600.00 in charges. The fraud alerts were going to the new email and phone which I didn't get.

Premier waited 60 days to finally contact me by mail. I got the letter right around Dec 1 2022. I asked why if a bill was 60 days late and almost maxed why didn't they contact me sooner? They said it was a courtesy on a new account. Wow. Way to protect me and my information. Now my credit has dropped many points and my utilization is up. They told me that due to the fraud investigation they wouldn't report it as late. Guess what? They did anyway. Now I have to wait until their half wit investigation is over. This bank and HSBC did nothing to protect me or my info. Their CSR people were casual and nonchalant. Stay far away from this bank and its cards.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

This is a 100 percent Real Person and Review of First Premier Bank Credit Card. Since I'm not New to Credit and the System at all. Let me break it down to help out. If you never had a Credit Account or Choose not to build Credit or made some Mistakes and develop Bad Credit. They probably will approve you without a Security Deposit. But then you have to pay 95.00 upfront to access your available Credit. They bill your annual fee also. Mine was 125.00. That reduces your available Credit. So if you have 700.00 Limit it's really 575.00 available Credit. Then your Cash Advance is only 70.00 for the first 3 months. If you pay on time after then it Half of your Credit Limit. So mine was 350.00.

The fastest and easiest way to pay your bill is use the Green dot Reload at Register. All Walmarts and Walgreens have them plus other store. Just ask Register Clerk. There is a fee from 3.74 to 4.95 depends on store. This transaction posts to your account in 1 hour or less. And you will have Available Credit in that time frame. I was offered a Second Card and Account for On Time Payment. They Report to all 3 Credit Bureaus. Once you get a Higher Credit Score. Shop around for a Better Deal for your situation. They are not going to give you a high limit. 1 card is 700.00 2nd Card is 800.00. You can request increases but it takes a while for them to Approve it. Then they charge you 25.00 for every 100.00.

You can find better offers. But you have to have good payment history and 30 percent using the card to improve your score. I really had stop using Credit Cards so my File was Limited. Didn't bother me because I'm totally Debt Free!! Just using my Wells Fargo Debit Card. I turned them down for a Credit Card but they have a Better Deal than First Premier. But already had the 2 cards. That's all for now.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Hey, I had issues with my credit card. Well I always put all my credit cards on auto payment and for the past two months none of my payments for this card were made been one of the cards had a $8 dollars charge in the other card had a $30 charge. The bank did not notify me that my auto payment was off even though I had it on, due to the constant update of their site auto payment was turned off, and I was not notified about it being that I had two months of negative non-payment on those two accounts, and they submit it to the credit bureau and I had negative remarks on my credit. I tried to work this out, calling them and making sure if they could do anything to get that negative remark removed but they told me there was nothing they could do so I ended up canceling both of my cards with this bank so I would recommend everybody to not open any accounts. They are not willing to make their wrongs, right.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I didn't even know I had this card, but then started getting late fee letters. Calling Customer Service was the ABSOLUTE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER. I called to report charges and fees that were not mine. Their practice seems to be: (1) Talk to a customer rep who needs to transfer you. (2) Call gets cut off during transfer!

I finally gave up after six (6) attempts and just asked them to cancel. AND STILL GOT CUT OFF!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I opened my Card in January 2020. I was never late. I went to the hospital in an emergency ambulance in August from an accident and was there for over two months with a broken back etc. During my hospitalization period, they charged their $8.25 monthly fee. They placed a 30 Day late on my credit without any notification. This Credit card will ruin your credit without you even knowing. They are supposed to help rebuild credit, what a joke.

I sent them all my hospital records and asked them to take into consideration my case and please remove the 30-day late. I received no letter back and when I called they replied that they cannot help me with removing the 30 days late for the $8.25. I closed the card. They can have nothing from me. This card is not worth trying to build your credit with them. There are so many other better cards that actually allow you to make auto monthly payments, this is the only card that doesn't. Bottom line! 'Premier Bank' will ruin your credit years after you fix it.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

This bank was previously HSBC. Hold times are over 30 minutes. When someone finally answered, I told them I did not want or ask for this card. The Customer Service agent transfers me to another dept just to cancel the card. After holding an ADDITIONAL 20 min, I asked why it is so difficult to cancel? I received a text message after hanging up, "** you **." UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

This company is absolutely horrible I get approved for Credit limit of $500 but in all actuality it’s $375. So first red flag never received the first card they sent so I had to call report that card as lost and get another. Finally new card arrives and I get all these emails saying pay your $95 program fee to have access to my available credit did that 2 days ago still no access to my credit. Now I called them and spoke with two different people giving me two different answers. The CS is horrible the second rep sounded like she was literally smoking on a bong talking to me she told me in the computer it said my card would be available for use on the 27th of November that wasn’t true cause still not able to use the card. I’m gonna cancel this card and demand my $95 dollars be refunded. Stay away from these crooks. They are not here to help in any kind of way.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

They tried to auto-debit my account 5 times between November 15 and 16th. My bank has auto debit blocked at my request. The amount trying to be auto-debited was more than what would have paid off my card. When I was notified by my bank of this I contacted Premier and they tried to tell me I called in those days. Yet I didn't. I spoke to my bank who stated that they did indeed try to auto-debit the amount which again was more than what would have paid off my card. Trying to deal with them gets nowhere.

I told them they were never authorized to keep my bank cards on file. They said they don't need my permission. They have criminals working for them. I am getting a attorney and suing them also reporting them to the FTC. When I explained to her there is no way I could have called in as I was out of town with work had no internet nor cell service and can prove it she said I have the call right here. So there lying about that as well. This company has ridiculous fees, unstated charges and if it wouldn't hurt my credit to close these accounts I would. Stay away.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

The credit card company sends out the credit cards already activated because they charge a $29 fee upfront. The card never arrives for many new members and someone with a fake phone number creates a pin and uses the card somewhere else. First Premier bank will still make you responsible for the charges. They do not investigate and have staff members who are involved working inside sending the cards to scammers. Do not sign up for a credit card with them it's a scam. They actually ask the new card member to explain how the scam happens. They are being sued. The customer service sucks and they are incompetent.

Premier Bankcard Company Information