1.03/5
Based on 40 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 9, 2018

766 Premier Bankcard Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 9, 2018

I paid my account in full on 4/9/18. 2 weeks later I logged into the account to make sure there weren't any fees or charges. I wanted to make sure my account balance was 0. There was a $14.50 monthly charge and $25 credit increase charge. I called to dispute and was unsatisfied. I decided to close my account that day 4/23/18 after paying the $39.50 charges that remained on my account. They auto debited another $39.50 on 5/6/18 which now is a credit to my account... my closed account. I'm currently jumping through the hoops of dispute to get my $39.50 back. Very shady business. Beware!

Original review: May 1, 2018

Like many other reviewers and cardholders I've seen around the Internet, I got a credit card from First Premier because I was desperate and I wanted to rebuild my credit. Long story short, my first credit card from them had $300 limit. Right off the bat, they charged a ridiculous $75 annual fee, bringing my available credit down to $225. Whatever, I needed the card anyway. I used that card for a few months before getting another offer from them, this time offering me a $700 limit. I jumped on it as I thought it would be nice to have an "emergency" card. Again, another annual fee.

I used the cards and made the minimum monthly payments for a while. All was good, and while I wasn't too happy with my interest rates, I was just happy to be able to starting building my credit back up. That was until one month when I logged onto the website to make my monthly payments as usual. I went in, selected the option for "minimum payment due" for both cards, selected the bank account I wanted to use and the day I wanted the payment to come out and submitted the payments.

Next thing I know, FP is blowing up my phone, telling me I missed my payment for my card with the $700 limit. Um, what? My records show that I paid it, the money has come out of my account so what's the deal? Well, turns out according to FP, my minimum payment for that month was $20 more than what their website stated. But of course, they had no records or any documentation that says the minimum payment I saw on the website was any different than what their system says. So because their website said I owed them $50, I paid them $50, but they actually wanted $70, I was screwed. At the time, I couldn't swing an extra $20 so I just had to let it go. They charged me a late fee, naturally.

The next month, since I still "owed" them $20, plus the late fee, plus my the payment for that month - was just too much for me to afford, and FP didn't really care. It snowballed until they closed both of my credit accounts (yes, even the unrelated $300 CL one that didn't have any issues). So now, even though I took out these cards with the intention of rebuilding my credit, FP is now hurting my credit even more, and I'm stuck paying two credit cards that I won't even have access to the line of credit again once I pay them off.

Moral of the story: Stay as far away from this company as you can! They don't care about you, or your credit. They are dishonest, and will nickel and dime you for anything and everything they can. Even if you're desperate, go to a more reputable company like Capital One, Bank of America, Chase, Citi Bank, or even your local credit union. Even if they don't approve you for an unsecured card, you'll likely qualify for a secured card. Sure, you might have to make a deposit, but trust me, it's much better for you and your credit in the long run.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I had filed ch7 in 2004 due to massive medical bills and have not been able to rebuild my credit since then. I received a offer from Premier Bank in 2016 and I was excited that a credit card company was offering me credit that wasn’t prepaid. The terms was no monthly fee just a yearly fee of $75 and a startup of $99. So I paid the $99. Confirmed my identity since I have a identity theft warning on my credit (my identity was stolen as a teen). After a year of comparable interest on my card and on time payments I received a offer of a second card thru Premier, again same terms but a higher credit limit. I had asked about a credit increase and was told my account was too new (12 months) when I received the offer, so I called and the agent and she confirmed the offer was real, terms was the same.

A real estate agent told me I needed 3 forms of good credit and my vehicle needed a lot of work, so I accepted the new card. It’s been a year since I open the second card and I noticed that when I would pay 40 or $50 on each one of my cards my available balance would only increase by six dollars to $10 a month. So I looked at the statements today and Premier has been charging now the equivalent of $30 a month for one of my cards and interest in monthly fees and the other card is nine dollars a month in interest, which I understand the interest portion. So I called Premier Bank today and spoke to a rather rude man who told me after I explained to him that I did my application over the phone. The offer was for both cards. No monthly fees. Low interest rate with a yearly maintenance fee which I accepted. After all I needed to build my credit.

He informed me it doesn’t matter what age it tells you when you were doing the application that they have to go off of the agreement that is sent in the mail which I never received and then he informed me that all pre-acceptance letters have the information stating there is a monthly fee as well. When I told him mine stated no monthly fees he basically called me a liar. Told me that you have that Premier Bank is doing everything legally that they’re accredited and they won't to be in business if they were scamming people and I asked him. I said how was it not a scam when the minimum payment is 35 I pay 40 or 50 instead and my available balance only increases by six dollars.

How was that not scamming people and he told me, "Well it doesn’t matter. Do what you gotta do. Turn us in but you are the money now." I’m not denying I don’t know the balances and I’m going to get those paid off. I’ve never been late on a payment and I won’t be late on a payment but the fact that they’re taking between both cards they are taking between 60 and $80 out of $100 a month that I give them and putting that towards fees and then they turn around and charge a yearly fee on top and they don’t even give you notice of when that comes out which causes overdraft fees on top of that this company is a scam. As soon as I can I am closing out my accounts. I’m going with another card company.

This company has literally in two years: thousands of dollars when I only use my cards maybe once a month if even that and I’m not getting anywhere when I making my payments and I making larger than my minimum payments. Stay clear from this company. They take advantage of people with low credit scores who are desperate to improve their credit score. You can’t even rent an apartment without good credit and they’re taking advantage of people knowing this fact. If anyone’s interested in filing a class-action lawsuit against this company for fraud count me in.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I will admit, like everyone else I was desperate because I had bad credit. Saw a chance to improve it and pay my bills. Young and on my own for the first time I was scared and just wanted to ya'know...not be homeless. I applied for the card and paid the stupid fee. Then I found out about the $125 taken off the top...backwards and wrong...but I disregarded it because I would still have enough to pay my bills. Then I got myself in deeper than what I could handle so it became difficult to make the payments but I did. I enrolled in auto pay. One day my bank was negative so I switched the account that the auto pay was attached to. Not only did they not change the account like I asked but attempted to take the money out 3 times. Which put fee on top of fee with my bank because I didn't have the money in my account and they returned the payment. That's a $35 fee for each.

So for every time they put it through to the wrong account I was charged a total of $70 in fees. That's $210 in fees from them processing a payment to the wrong account 3 times. It wasn't until after about 2 months of not making payments that they cancelled my auto pay "per my request" but I didn't mind because they had been racking up fees with my bank anyway. Pair that with the fact that they had been calling me several times a day from a "private" number starting at 8am, I have had enough. It wasn't until they finally left a message, 'cause I don't answer private numbers, that I knew it was them calling me. I've had this card for over a year and it helped me out when I was in a bind but all the trouble that came with it was not worth it.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I went with these guys because they had a higher credit limit for crappy/borderline credit. I started my account a month ago, and I received my billing statement BEFORE my card. I called customer service, and the response I received was "well... Give it another 14 days". Umm... My bill is DUE in LESS than 14 days. So you want me to pay my first BILL before I can even utilize or build my credit? I already paid your 95.00 fee. The customer service rep's answer was, "Well, it was mailed out the 22nd." So I guess it takes a MONTH before you will get your card through these clowns, and you'll be paying credit card bills before you can even USE it. I explained to the customer service rep that if I don't get my card BEFORE my bill is due, I am NOT paying it. Sorry... No services rendered means no payment.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First Premier Bank?

Original review: March 18, 2018

I had a payment taken out of my account on 3/2/18. It is now 3/18/18 and it's still not posted. I was told it would be available today and it's not. What is going on with my money. It has been 16 days. I talked to 2 different people yesterday and was told it would be posted. What are they trained to lie. Where is my payment.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Well I called the credit card company about a card opened in my name. They didn't believe, also the person in their way called me a liar. They just want their money. It's ruining my credit report. It's about 750.00 someone else spent and made payment until they marked the card out. I got pissed off when they called me a liar and they hung up on me.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

This company exploits and treats customer with challenging credit issues like second class citizen. I paid off the account to zero but since I used my checking account they will hold my credit limit for eight business days even though it has cleared my checking account (it's considered non guaranteed payment but those dummies said to use a debit card to access my credit faster which in my case would come out of same account). But when I make that minimum payment it was applied to my account right away. STAY AWAY FROM THEM, I HAVE CLOSED THAT ACCOUNT. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I was approved for a credit card and read the reviews. I had reservations about this card. It was around Christmas time and I thought that it would be beneficial so I had the extra money for presents. I called and had a lot of questions considering the reviews. I keep getting calls at work from them saying I owe money and I didn't understand why because I paid the $100 to get it started. And they told me it was a courtesy to give me the card when I don't have any problems with Credit One or Capital One. Just believe the reviews before you make a deal with the devil.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

First off your credit limit is 400 but they take $99 then you got to pay a $95 activation fee then it won’t be paid $400 back. Worse interest rates ever. On top of that they added a $8.95 charge on my card for overdraft fees. Never overdraft card. I have only had the card for a month. Worst card ever. Never ever get this part where is her. Try somewhere else or build your credit until you could get a better card. This is not the card.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I've had this card and got it because I couldn't get any other card. Now that I have better credit I didn't want to pay the very high fees. I have been trying to close the account for over a month and get MY $250 returned to me. Still can't get it. What's really sad I had a zero balance on my account and they took a $50 payment out of my checking account and now I can't get that back either. THIS CREDIT CARD COMPANY IS A THIEF - DO NOT USE THEM OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY TOO.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I never do reviews. But!!! This company was so horrid I had to warn somebody. This is just what it should be, a start up credit card. Build and dump them. They add monthly fees along with the yearly. Interest is Rape HIGH. And they do not value long term customers. Not to mention there's a cut off time to pay your due date payment? Shouldn't you have the entire day to make your payment online? Anyways they charged a late fee for that regardless. Bottom line THEY SUCK!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Got the card and sent my processing fee in. Card never became activated. Upon contact they told me they reserve the right to refuse application at any time. Asked for a refund and was told that the money I sent was used for processing my application. Stay away from them!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

Please do not attempt to use Premier Credit Card. The practices of this company should be consider illegal. After two years of non stop problems I decided to close my account. I then found out there was a credit of $75 to be refunded to me. I was told after waiting weeks the payment was mailed Nov 16. It's now Dec 25 and no check received. I am amazed at what these guys get away with doing. Beware-of-First-Premier!!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I was offered this credit card with no deposit and a required annual fee. I didn't really need it as I have successfully been on the right path with my USAA credit card (great card by the way... if you qualify). I was thinking because I only have 1 credit account open, why not have 2 with one I only use for incidentals (First Premier). So immediately after I opened it, I paid it completely off (their *fee) and didn't touch it. While the payment "posted" the same day I paid it (through the app) a week later the credit limit had not change and the balance due remained the same.

It still showed me owing them money, even though I paid it completely off and it shows online and via the customer service rep. However, no one can tell me when the payment will actually post. I don't need to credit but I do find it fishy that a week later, they are still dragging their feet on posting the credit. My USAA credit card posts... immediately, regardless of the bank account I use to pay it with. If they get a payment...I get a credit.

Maybe I got spoiled with a good company and am just lost at how in 2017 a company can receive a payment... on time... in full... and still not post it after 7 days?!?! Does this company operate out of a cave in Afghanistan on DSL? Madness. If you're truly trying to improve your credit, "maybe" get this card, just don't plan on ever being able to use it. Hahaha. If you have other options, I highly recommend you explore them. I will continue to keep this account because I recently opened it and don't need a negative mark on "age of account". But seriously a week? Haha. Also, I don't think customer service actually know what bank they work for or how to access anything within their own corporation.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I had account with Premier credit card billing was paid on time at times, if not things were caught up and phone calls made to corporation. Premier Credit closed my account back here in August 2017, they stated account closed in September 7, 2017. This company have been sending me bills stating, "Have you forgotten about your account?" I have not forgotten about account because this company is reporting to the credit bureau monthly on a closed account in which they closed. I received a letter from the directing officer on 12/22/2017, stating my account was closed due to returned payments and they credited account of $87.00. I am not understanding how you are crediting account of which you closed out, and no documentation has been sent to me. I telephoned my bank and found out, I have never has any items returned on any accounts for this whole year, not even from Premier Credit Card company.

I am not sure why this company is falsely sending information and defamation my character over an account they closed. They are stating, I owe $421.59 in which, I'd not believe because if your corporation can lie about payments returned they can lie about anything. I am so disappointed in Premier Credit Card company. I want this negative information removed from my credit along with any payments they are claiming, I owe. They are not to be trusted. The directing officer sent me information that is not true, now what does that tell you about this company. It seems like consumers can be liable for company's mistakes but not the company themselves. Why is that? I will be posting letter along with bank letter once it has been received on my end. This is unethical and unfair to any consumer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

This is the worst credit card. I had to put 100 security deposit for a 400$ credit limit and when I received the card the credit limit was 298$. Because of my bad credit I was willing to accept this. I charged the full amount and when I sent in a payment of 300$ it took well over 7 business days to process. They took the funds from my checking account within 24 hours so the money is just sitting between computer lines. Trying to build my credit the plan was to use it for bills but that is a no go. It has caused more problems than good. If I would do it all over again never would I use this card and as soon as my credit is better I'm canceling it ASAP. A check clears faster than this company can clear electronic funds.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I opened a secured credit card with this "bank" (read: extortion company) in order to help repair my credit in 2015. After paying for continuous monthly/yearly fees for a card I rarely used, I was finally sick of it. Between the months of April and October I had somehow racked up a balance of $260~ on a $0 balance from late fees assessed from monthly fees. I paid a late fee on the monthly fee? Oh, and of course that affected my credit score negatively. I paid off the account, then closed it.The retention agent had the audacity to offer me a $25 credit if I kept the account open - I almost laughed if it weren't for trying to maintain some sense of decorum with this farcically extortionist company.

$400 to open the "secured" account, several hundred more for monthly/yearly/'late' fees assessed, and no they don't send your initial deposit amount back to you when the account is closed. I have nothing positive to show from utilizing this company other than recommending that no one else ever use this company. Almost a month after closing the account, which was a week after confirming the account was at a $0 balance, I'm now filling a dispute as the past due alert is still affecting my credit score.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I closed my two credit cards from First Premier. I had to get a bank loan when I saw that the balances kept getting higher and higher even though I had stopped using them months ago. The balances had climbed over the credit limits and now I was being charged fees for going over my limit! If there is a class action suit I want in! This bank is fraudulent. I paid the balances but I still owe late fees! Someone, please give me answers!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

First Bank of Moron (Premier) won't even be helpful when trying to settle a collections account. 35% of the total is their fees and insane predatory interest rates. They charge for everything from answering the phone to making a payment. CON ARTISTS. Rude stupid minimum wage employees, and equally stupid supervisors. Avoid this bank at any and all costs. Not worth the grief. If there is ever a class action lawsuit against these misfits, please count me in. Banking industry should investigate, and suspend their banking license. They prey on those with poor credit, and bleed them for everything they can. Run, don't walk from any of this bank's offers...

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

First Premier has the most prehistoric online system. No statements available, no year end info available. Can only go back a few months, and they want to charge fees to provide what they should be providing online! The most user unfriendly credit card I've ever had.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

This is the worst card EVER. I went to pay my payment and after a year and them charging a 78 dollar fee for the year I go on there and I am over because they took out 12 dollars. IT IS A TERRIBLE IDEAL to get this card. They will charge you so many fees that you can't keep up with what you are paying. The finance charges are out of this world and it's just AWFUL. If you want to rebuild your credit try Capital One, avoid this one at all costs. It has no email address to send complaints to. It has no chat available.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

This company screwed me in my attempt to improve my credit score. It’s frustrating as I always paid ahead of time. They foolishly suspended my credit card which had a 20 point effect on my credit score. Their reason: they are asking me to prove that I’m authorized to use my own bank card to pay my bill. They want me to fax them documents and signature and other bs. I don't have time to ** with this petty company as I work all the time. I have had a great experience with Capital One! Thanks First Premier you really treated me and my credit score poorly.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I closed my credit card in August 2017 and paid it in full but continue to receive bills with monthly charges and a late charge!!! The bill was paid and customer service makes up excuses and won’t remove charges. Fraud and a scam card!!! No stars if I could.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I've never been late on a single payment for any of my credit cards. Money was tight and I applied for this card to keep as a backup. I didn't know about the fees attached to it. I got my first bill before I even had a card! I made my first payment in August and it was sent back from the bank (apparently the account number was invalid and this wasn't told to me until after it was returned the second time.)

September I tried to use the card right after Hurricane Harvey and it wasn't working so I called and they told me it had been because I had a returned payment but they saw my September payment and we were okay. I called while we drove from Houston to Phoenix to see if there was that hurricane relief help like deferring payments, the rude woman told me the account dad delinquent and I had to pay 65 but she'd credit back the late fees. I was annoyed but paid it. No one told me my account would be closed a few days later. Shame on them for not informing me of what was happening to my account and double shame for hurting my credit and making a very hard time harder. STAY AWAY FROM FIRST PREMIER.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I struggled making many of my bills. Yes I was late and behind on payments several times. I ended up paying my balance off to zero in June. Because I wasn't using my card they were charging me a fee of 30.00 a month. I didn't know this. I started getting late payment notices. When I called to ask what was going on. They told me they waived all the fees and just canceled my account. I don't get it. It was great for them when I struggled and carried a large balance.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Only recommend First Premier Bank to your enemies! This company is greedy because they charge you a $14.95 monthly fee simply for having an account with them whether you have made charges or not, whether there is a balance or not. Just for having their card, you are charged $14.95 a month. Their other fees kick in very quickly, yet they are extremely slow to update their website to let you know what transactions are pending/posted or whatever fees they charge making it easier for you lose track or not know what you're getting charged. This scenario will put you over the limit if you go anywhere near the limit and you face over the limit fees when they tack on their various fees such as interest and other fees they deem necessary.

Never go anywhere near your limit on any card, but especially with these crooks. They take up to 20 effing days to post your payments made from your checking account which is complete BS. I've had one secured card with them for a year and they offered me a second, unsecured card. I just paid them off today and will close both the accounts. I've had nothing but bad experiences with this company all due to their slowness to post payments (up to 20 days), their snail like pace of posting transactions, even pending ones and their generally high level of absolute greed. I have had a Capital One card and will keep them over this company because they are speedy to post transactions, payments and don't charge a BS fee of $14.95 a month just for having an account with them. Only recommend First Premier Bank to your enemies!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

The IT Dept has created a box with (5) sections to click on to receive a code, so you can officially log on. Today I entered the box for my cell phone to receive a text. NOT... tried again 2 more times and NOT one text. Then I tried my landline phone to receive a message, NOT. Last resort was my email address and NOT - I even checked my spam filter and nothing was there.

What a complete waste of time and JOKE. Ended up paying the cc with the phone option. Called the company and that was another joke, since the stupid guy kept insisting the system works. Going to pay off this cc and not use them again. Everything was perfectly fine, before the IT Dept redesigned the format with a code.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

So my bill is due September 1st so I pay it exactly on that day. I go look at my account to see if the payment went through and I see they charged me a $25 late charge. I called customer service and I tried to see what happen. She tells me that after submitting a payment after 5 pm the payment is considered late which is a bunch of BS. She then tells me it's a part of a contract that I've never seen before because I do everything online. Now I'm a little frustrated and the rude customer service assistant hangs up on me while I was asking her a question. This company sucks and they find any way to get your money... I'm paying them off and I'm going to close this account...

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

This bank scams you in fees because it needs the money... Aside from the initial $95.00 fee to activate the account, there's a $75.00 annual account fee. I got this card to try and build my credit, however in reading the reviews and going through my own experience, I'm led to believe that this bank is targeting consumers with low credit scores and fumbling their payments to charge additional fees. I say this because even with the extremely high interest rate, they're still not making any money off of existing balances, so the objective would be for the financially hardshipped consumer to either care more about their credit rating being affected and just submit and pay, or the report of the consumer's poor credit rating supporting this scamming loan shark of a bank.

I suspected something was funny when I scheduled my first card payment to this establishment through the bank's online customer account portal, I was very efficient in entering my account ACH information and scheduled the payment on time. However, I received a phone call from customer service saying my payment was returned. I was outraged because my checking account could verify the funds were available, and my checking account has been open and active with this nationwide notable bank for 11 years. So I just hung up on the lady because I wasn't about to submit to ANOTHER FEE for making a payment over the phone with a representative, thus admitting to them being correct in pursuing collections activity on my account.

I logged into the customer account portal to verify that my ACH payment information was entered in correctly (AS IT WAS) and re-submitted the payment (IT ACCEPTED IT). The following month, the same thing happened again. Despite the proven acceptance of the previous correctly submitted payment and saved information that I had no need to update... I still received another phone call and it sounded like the same lady; I instantly just hung up! When I logged onto the online customer portal to schedule the payment I discovered that I also received a LATE PAYMENT FEE which depleted the credit limit and pushed it over the limit so AN OVER THE LIMIT FEE was applied. In addition... I had been blocked from making online payments.

To make situations more trifling... when I called the number on the back of the card to make the payment, their automated system undermined my banking establishment and delivered me a message that the banking information was a money order and the payment couldn't be accepted. Luckily I have two checking accounts with the same bank, same verifiable routing number, and within good standing for 11 years. The phone automated system repeated the ACH account information in which I only had to enter in once and correctly, accepted the payment and provided a confirmation number. I'm completely interested in pursuing a lawsuit behind the chain of events resulting in fees with this institution, and all of the previous reviews are supporting facts.

You people need not doubt yourself because this company is minor and the tone set by their business affairs leads me to believe they feel more entitled for extending us lines of credit considering hardships and previous experience. Their intentions seem greasy as if they don't really care to help consumers build credit by sticking to the terms and conditions of the consumer agreement, and without conspiring against the consumer within those terms of agreement as a profit scam to make more money.

Premier Bankcard Company Information