Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.33/5

Capital One Venture

The Capital One Venture card can help you earn points to use for travel. Read more Capital One Credit Cards reviews to learn about other Capital One credit cards.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Capital One Venture Reviews

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I signed up for the Venture card back in 2018. A few months later, I was hacked. That's when I learned their fraud department is an absolute sham. They kept calling me and calling me, so I initially thought the number I kept seeing on my phone was spam. Then I called them myself... And found those phone calls really were from Capital One. I fought with them for several months, but they ultimately rejected my bank statement. It wasn't until my fiance and his father all got on the phone with me one time that the lady on the phone listened.

Less than a month later, I got hacked and blocked from my accounts again - by the same hacker! And the bank sided with the hacker (and did so for more than a year!) I gave up for a while, got married, and moved into my husband's apartment. Then I tried again. No way. They wanted a utility bill under my name and my IDs updated to show my new name. The second request seemed reasonable. But our utility companies would not change their statements to be under my name.

I again gave up for a while, and only recently tried again since my husband and I now have a house and I am responsible for the electric bill. Now Capital One will only accept utility bills from the last apartment, and they want my maiden name on the documents! It even took asking to talk to a supervisor today, who was a total rip-off of Charles Miner from The Office. No reasoning with him either. At least he finally closed the wretched accounts. And now I totally refuse to do business with Capital One ever again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

We have been customers of the Capital One business venture 1 card for 10 years. We have never been late and we pay the entire balance off every month. Received a letter today saying they were canceling our credit card due to the kind of transactions are high cost transactions to them. It's a company credit card. We use it for travel, phone, cable, utilities. Excellent credit. Never been late. Paid off in full. Here is a copy of our letter.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I am canceling this credit card. I spend more than 2K on Capital One Venture Card, however, I am told I do not qualify for the metal card. They call it an upgrade, but it's false. New customers get the metal card, but the existing and long term customers do not. They will be losing business with me. Good riddance.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

They rejected a dispute that I sent in recently around a merchant that had unfair, unethical billing practices. They sided with the merchant for overcharging me and refusing to cancel and redo the transaction. I will not be renewing my Capital One Venture card and want to share that my experience with Capital One customer service was bad. While it is not the customer service rep's fault that my dispute could not get approved, Capital One's policy is completely unreasonable in ignoring unethical practices of merchants overcharging customers.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Accepted the pre-approved application from Capital One Venture Visa group. Shortly after being approved and making one charge their Fraud department called and demanded 3 forms of ID and advised the account completely restricted until documents could be reviewed. No additional information was provided due to their department restricting the card. Email Link was sent for document upload and I made the decision to dig deeper into why a card was issued with a generous limit based on a worthy credit score and Equifax verification was now restricted.

Several calls and long discussions followed. What one finds out on the journey is in spite of having two other Capital One cards underwritten by them, a MasterCard and a Visa with a balance paid on time the Fraud Department will not cross reference any of your history. Demands continued for very personal Government issued documents continued. Social Security and State issued IDs followed by multiply proofs of residence formed the base of their demands.

While traveling through New York on a business trip I made time to appear at the Banking Branch of Capital midtown and provided original copies of two Govt IDs and 2 utility bills confirming my identity and residence. The customer service person called Fraud and they provided a secure Fax number to send the copies to. My card remained restricted for a additional week and I called to get an update on the document review. Surprisingly I learned nothing was considered in my case review after the visit and Fax. The conversation continued over several weeks and demands remained in place for the 3 documents.

Additional conversations advanced us into another Email Link and documents demand before any relief would be available. Documents arrived in their network but rejected due to quality of a water bill. Rescanned it then advanced it to them and another delay was encountered because the water department was closed and could not verify the account. I had to take point on the follow up folks they had the documents knew they would not accept them and made no effort to advise the account was still restricted until we called them and made demands for a update. Latest contact did get some attention and resulted in a call from the Document review team advising in a day we should know what the plan will be. Summery follows....

Marketing stuffs mail boxes with pre-approved letters, sign them up as fast as possible then another department turns on the Welcome to Hell sign, the two won't openly cross talk. They approve accounts using Equifax then ignore the personal information for this type restriction. They allowed charges on the card then froze the account. The document demand is not negotiable. Personal appearances with documents mean nothing, it is not a approved means of proving your identity with the Fraud department but a Email is. They will not cross reference any other active Capital One accounts in their system.

They will not use any of the credit agencies to verify identity after the account is open, but if you run a balance you can bet your interest rate will be adjusted if your credit score changes which means when it benefits them they use them. You can see them looking at you for that very reason if you have access to your credit report. They will tap your rating several times a year just to adjust things. They will accept payments to the account even though it's restricted. They won't provide any credits/refunds or rewards earned while the account is restricted. They won't allow you to close the account, careful if you are offered the option you will loose all rewards earned and points forfeited. On a new card that can add up to 10s of thousands of reward points.

You cannot receive a refund for the 95 dollar annual fee while restricted. They won't provide details of why the account is restricted. The Journey has lasted over 3 months maybe this week the C-One will find peace with itself. The inability to have common sense involved at this point truly makes many question how broken the process at Capital One. One of the largest banks in our financial system should not be this difficult to work with. C-One is not industry leading at the moment and clearly will have to step up if they want quality customers to remain loyal. Wells Fargo's culture and lack of common sense has cost them dearly. Will we wake up soon to find out C-One has followed the same path? Time will tell. What a waste of everyone's time. Get smart and get after the real issues out there, not your customers that have a history with you and have always done the right thing. A real mess.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Venture?

Original review: June 27, 2019

Only complaint I have is being hacked repeatedly. I got the card around august 2017 and was hacked 3 time that year. Fast forward to June 27, 2019 and I got hacked again. What a joke. I contacted them and told them I am getting tired of this and their only suggestion is to use virtual numbers and never swipe my card again... WTF? LMAO.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I travel a lot, which is why I've always used Capital One as my credit card when traveling. Suddenly, it has become a terrible card for frequent travelers. Every time you log in from another country, it requires a code to be sent to... get this: A US PHONE NUMBER. Newsflash: I'm not in the US! The alternative is to use their app. Newsflash, again: The country I'm in (Singapore) doesn't allow their app. Great job, Capital One. After many years using them, I'll have to choose another card. They are no longer a good card for travelers. P.S. They could send the codes to email, but they choose not to.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I never had to pay interest on a credit card after I paid the amount due in full. I paid the amount due before the billing cycle ended and they still charged me more interest. I will NEVER use Capital One again. Their interest rates are also way higher than any other credit card. I closed the account and DO NOT recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I applied for the Venture card only because the advertisement offered 0% interest for 15 months. After receiving my first bill, since the transfer was made I saw an interest amount of $130 on my bill. I called Capital One to inquire about the charge and they told me that the terms and conditions had changed after I applied. That was totally misleading. This has cost me more money after the balance transfer due to the interest that I'm paying. I would have just left the balance on my other card since the interest is lower than Venture. There was also a message on my bill that stated if I pay $620 then interest would be waived. Well that was misleading as well. Just got off the phone with Capital One and was told that the $620 will waive interest on future purchases for 15 months. Again, misleading.

This credit card has cost me a lot of money and Capital One should be shamed for misleading and luring consumers to apply for a credit card promising 0% interest for 15 months. They are not forthright and something needs to be done about it. If anyone has experienced this and has taken action please reach out to me so I can get on board.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I responded to a solicitation to open a Venture card at 0.0% finance charge for 15 months. I am looking to purchase a home and my credit history is perfect besides the fact I don't have enough of a credit line and this reduces my credit score. Still totally perplexed as to why I am punished for paying my credit cards in full and on time! But I digress... I took advantage of the deal to strengthen my credit score and put a balance on the card. I failed to review my statements for the first two billing cycles and discovered I was being charged interest. I called and the customer service representative said I did not have 0.0% financing. Her supervisor confirmed this and was unwilling to do anything to make it right. So much for customer experience when it comes to Capital (N)one.

Capital One Venture Company Information