4.46/5
Based on 26 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 21, 2018

26 Capital One Venture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 21, 2018

Took out a cash advance for one day. Paid back the next day plus interest according to representative. Asked him several times if that took care of the cash advance and he assured me it did. Unfortunately, because of a posting issue with my bank it didn't. So I've been accumulating interest in a cash advance. Supervisor said there was nothing he could do it was my fault. I switched to another card with a better rate and finally got rid of Capitol One. I have excellent credit and have never been late with a payment. They really did not do right by me. Do your homework before using any of their services.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I just recently applied for the Capital One credit card. It came very quickly and was extremely easy to apply for. I originally applied online. I am not web wise and it was extreme easy. Within 3 minutes I knew the answer. I also like the fact that there is not a yearly fee for the card.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have been using this card for over 10 years now and I cannot think of any easier way to redeem my earned points or a better customer service when I needed.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Their customer service is the best! I got full refund on airline miles when I had an emergency even though I had no travel insurance. I pay my card off each month. Use all my rewards on airlines, never on anything else.

Original review: April 26, 2018

This is the best credit card I have used. If they see something that doesn't look right I get a message or a phone call. Even though this card has a fee, I am able to get money back. Two points on every $ charged.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Venture?

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have always had great service from Capital. The redemption process is easy and effective and great way to build travel benefits. I have been with them for at least 10 years and used my miles many times for travel to Europe. Love Capital One.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I have experienced their customer service reps and found them to be competent and pleasant to deal with. All problems resolved easily.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Capital One has been very good to work with and I have no complaints. We are satisfied with the system and the service of Capital One. Is very easy to deal with and professional.

Original review: April 22, 2018

This credit card is comparable to others that offer similar benefits. One thing that I wish was different, is the ability to pay the balance with a debit card or another credit card as opposed to my checking account being the only payment option.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I opened my card in Nov and so far I am very happy. Already used some points for hotel stay. I am hoping to make constant payments so when interest kicks in Nov I won’t have a big bill to deal with.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The customer service department is very helpful. They guide me if I have any problems with purchases. I hold two other Capital One credit cards. I have always been able to resolve any issues.

Original review: April 19, 2018

No different points for different purchases. Always been very helpful and easy to deal with. I always recommend this card to family and friends. Easy to redeem rewards for travel.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have had Capital One for so long. Their online page is excellent, you can manage all of your Capital One account with one login. And the dispute process is effortless, exchanging and using points is just like shopping.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Everything you use this card for garners points to use to erase travel purchases. There are no gimmicks or coupons or savings or discounts. You use your card, earn points, erase your travel expenses. We have had ours 10 years and save 2000-4000 off yearly travel.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Capital One Venture card have reestablished my faith in safe traveling abroad. I received no interruptions in my flight connection. I had medical coverage and emergency coverage which was a relief for me because I have health problems. Also, I was assured that if I suffered any losses or incurred any extra fees I would be covered from any extra charges.

Original review: April 17, 2018

You must book your travel through Capital, which usually takes more points than booking through a particular carrier. However, you can deduct points earned for credit to apply to your purchases.

Original review: April 16, 2018

The one benefit this card lacks is a travel insurance benefit. Otherwise a great card with lots of flexibility in using rewards and two points earned for every dollar spent. Customer service very good.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have had very few problems using this card. When it's been compromised, I get coverage and a new card - when they see unusual charges, I get texted. I really like the card - also I have over 300,000 miles.

Original review: April 15, 2018

This is an excellent travel card and I would recommend to anyone who wants to earn travel rewards. They also offer a nice bonus for new customers and I received them after spending a certain amount in the first three months.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Have had numerous travel related cards over the past 25 years and believe this is the best card to carry in my wallet for all reasons. The annual fee of $0 is great, the credit limit of $20k is perfect for the high dollars charged each month. The customer service is far superior to ANY that I have utilized. If I needed a new card tomorrow, definitely would obtain the Venture card again.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My Capital One Venture Visa credit card is my go to card. I use it for online shopping whether it's using the card directly or via my PayPal account. I use it exclusively when traveling internationally because of no charge to do so. The rewards are very flexible and easy to cash in. I have several other cards but they are more for backup than frequently used.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Capital One is easy-peasy to work with. High interest rate, though, but I love to be able to use my miles later on for other kinds of travel rewards - cab rides, etc.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The Capital One website is very easy to understand and Customer Service is very prompt. They is the best bank option I have found. Everything you need is offered to you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

The Capital One app and web page online access is often glitchy. More often down than should be. The app version does not show the amounts of pending transactions.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I've been using Capital One's online banking since 2003. Never had a bad experience with either customer service or banking. Allows me to do everything online banking purports to do.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Capital One has always been accommodating when I got in trouble, forgetting a payment or such. They are trying to work with me now in my time of need. I am impressed. I do prefer my Credit Union for most things, though.

Capital One Venture Company Information