Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.90/5

Capital One Venture

The Capital One Venture card can help you earn points to use for travel. Read more Capital One Credit Cards reviews to learn about other Capital One credit cards.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

31 Capital One Venture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 8, 2019

I applied for the Venture card only because the advertisement offered 0% interest for 15 months. After receiving my first bill, since the transfer was made I saw an interest amount of $130 on my bill. I called Capital One to inquire about the charge and they told me that the terms and conditions had changed after I applied. That was totally misleading. This has cost me more money after the balance transfer due to the interest that I'm paying. I would have just left the balance on my other card since the interest is lower than Venture. There was also a message on my bill that stated if I pay $620 then interest would be waived. Well that was misleading as well. Just got off the phone with Capital One and was told that the $620 will waive interest on future purchases for 15 months. Again, misleading.

This credit card has cost me a lot of money and Capital One should be shamed for misleading and luring consumers to apply for a credit card promising 0% interest for 15 months. They are not forthright and something needs to be done about it. If anyone has experienced this and has taken action please reach out to me so I can get on board.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I responded to a solicitation to open a Venture card at 0.0% finance charge for 15 months. I am looking to purchase a home and my credit history is perfect besides the fact I don't have enough of a credit line and this reduces my credit score. Still totally perplexed as to why I am punished for paying my credit cards in full and on time! But I digress... I took advantage of the deal to strengthen my credit score and put a balance on the card. I failed to review my statements for the first two billing cycles and discovered I was being charged interest. I called and the customer service representative said I did not have 0.0% financing. Her supervisor confirmed this and was unwilling to do anything to make it right. So much for customer experience when it comes to Capital (N)one.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Following a friend's suggestion, I applied for a Capital One Venture online (my credit score is close to 800). I received a voicemail from on 4/2/19 at 10:50 AM a Carolyn from the "Application Processing" to verify that I had applied to the card 1-855-522-7663. Gave me a file number. I returned the call today, April 5, 2019 at 11:34 AM and after a period of about 10+ minutes on hold, a representative asked for the application number and after verifying my information she told me that in order to approve my application they would need "some documents from me" starting with a copy of my Driver's License (front and back), a copy of my social security card...

I didn't let the representative continue. I told her I would NEVER, under any circumstances, place copy of my personal identity in the mail no matter what. This person (not so friendly) told me she was cancelling my application and that I would never be able to apply again for a Capital One Card. Sorry to say, it's their loss, not mine. Although I was looking to have a card for mileage no matter which airline, I was not looking to have my ID travel to a desk or "wallet" of some scammer.

In 30 years of credit history, and a good one, I have NEVER had anyone ask me to mail out copies of ID to approve an application.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Yes, I'll admit we did purchase a non-refundable room for one night. Unfortunately 2 days after purchase we were notified by American Airlines of the cancellation of the first leg of our flight. American was gracious enough to reschedule our first leg. Even though our 2nd leg, had not been cancelled as yet, they changed that too. This then messed up the hotel reservation. I was hoping Cap One could accommodate this change as I'm sure it's happening to hundreds of people across the county. Last Sunday I was transferred from Cap One to the hotel, to Expedia, with no resolution.

Tonight I was transferred to 3 people who kept me on the phone for over an hour while they contemplated what to do. The supervisor Nicole even took my flight info, to check my story I'm sure. All this for her to come back & tell me, "Sorry, we can't cancel your res." Well, they can keep their lousy $61 dollars. Clearly they need it more than I. I've cancelled our account. This card will no longer "be in my wallet".

Original review: March 7, 2019

If I could give no stars or negative stars it would be a better fit for this credit card company. I paid my balance off in full. A day or 2 later I am charged with an additional interest charge. They would not take the charge off the account. I WAS TOLD THAT I ACTUALLY DIDN'T PAY MY ACCOUNT IN FULL EVEN THOUGH MY ACCOUNT WAS STATING THAT I OWED $00 FOR 2 DAYS. Bogus charges for ** rewards. They will be losing a customer and many more over this ridiculousness. Very unsatisfied. My boyfriend had Capital One for a time in his life and warned me about this company. I guess I should've listened.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Venture?

Original review: May 21, 2018

Took out a cash advance for one day. Paid back the next day plus interest according to representative. Asked him several times if that took care of the cash advance and he assured me it did. Unfortunately, because of a posting issue with my bank it didn't. So I've been accumulating interest in a cash advance. Supervisor said there was nothing he could do it was my fault. I switched to another card with a better rate and finally got rid of Capitol One. I have excellent credit and have never been late with a payment. They really did not do right by me. Do your homework before using any of their services.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I just recently applied for the Capital One credit card. It came very quickly and was extremely easy to apply for. I originally applied online. I am not web wise and it was extreme easy. Within 3 minutes I knew the answer. I also like the fact that there is not a yearly fee for the card.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have been using this card for over 10 years now and I cannot think of any easier way to redeem my earned points or a better customer service when I needed.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Their customer service is the best! I got full refund on airline miles when I had an emergency even though I had no travel insurance. I pay my card off each month. Use all my rewards on airlines, never on anything else.

Original review: April 26, 2018

This is the best credit card I have used. If they see something that doesn't look right I get a message or a phone call. Even though this card has a fee, I am able to get money back. Two points on every $ charged.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have always had great service from Capital. The redemption process is easy and effective and great way to build travel benefits. I have been with them for at least 10 years and used my miles many times for travel to Europe. Love Capital One.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I have experienced their customer service reps and found them to be competent and pleasant to deal with. All problems resolved easily.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Capital One has been very good to work with and I have no complaints. We are satisfied with the system and the service of Capital One. Is very easy to deal with and professional.

Original review: April 22, 2018

This credit card is comparable to others that offer similar benefits. One thing that I wish was different, is the ability to pay the balance with a debit card or another credit card as opposed to my checking account being the only payment option.

Original review: April 21, 2018

I opened my card in Nov and so far I am very happy. Already used some points for hotel stay. I am hoping to make constant payments so when interest kicks in Nov I won’t have a big bill to deal with.

Original review: April 20, 2018

The customer service department is very helpful. They guide me if I have any problems with purchases. I hold two other Capital One credit cards. I have always been able to resolve any issues.

Original review: April 19, 2018

No different points for different purchases. Always been very helpful and easy to deal with. I always recommend this card to family and friends. Easy to redeem rewards for travel.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have had Capital One for so long. Their online page is excellent, you can manage all of your Capital One account with one login. And the dispute process is effortless, exchanging and using points is just like shopping.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Everything you use this card for garners points to use to erase travel purchases. There are no gimmicks or coupons or savings or discounts. You use your card, earn points, erase your travel expenses. We have had ours 10 years and save 2000-4000 off yearly travel.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Capital One Venture card have reestablished my faith in safe traveling abroad. I received no interruptions in my flight connection. I had medical coverage and emergency coverage which was a relief for me because I have health problems. Also, I was assured that if I suffered any losses or incurred any extra fees I would be covered from any extra charges.

Original review: April 17, 2018

You must book your travel through Capital, which usually takes more points than booking through a particular carrier. However, you can deduct points earned for credit to apply to your purchases.

Original review: April 16, 2018

The one benefit this card lacks is a travel insurance benefit. Otherwise a great card with lots of flexibility in using rewards and two points earned for every dollar spent. Customer service very good.

Original review: April 16, 2018

I have had very few problems using this card. When it's been compromised, I get coverage and a new card - when they see unusual charges, I get texted. I really like the card - also I have over 300,000 miles.

Original review: April 15, 2018

This is an excellent travel card and I would recommend to anyone who wants to earn travel rewards. They also offer a nice bonus for new customers and I received them after spending a certain amount in the first three months.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Have had numerous travel related cards over the past 25 years and believe this is the best card to carry in my wallet for all reasons. The annual fee of $0 is great, the credit limit of $20k is perfect for the high dollars charged each month. The customer service is far superior to ANY that I have utilized. If I needed a new card tomorrow, definitely would obtain the Venture card again.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My Capital One Venture Visa credit card is my go to card. I use it for online shopping whether it's using the card directly or via my PayPal account. I use it exclusively when traveling internationally because of no charge to do so. The rewards are very flexible and easy to cash in. I have several other cards but they are more for backup than frequently used.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Capital One is easy-peasy to work with. High interest rate, though, but I love to be able to use my miles later on for other kinds of travel rewards - cab rides, etc.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The Capital One website is very easy to understand and Customer Service is very prompt. They is the best bank option I have found. Everything you need is offered to you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

The Capital One app and web page online access is often glitchy. More often down than should be. The app version does not show the amounts of pending transactions.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I've been using Capital One's online banking since 2003. Never had a bad experience with either customer service or banking. Allows me to do everything online banking purports to do.

Capital One Venture Company Information