Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
1.20/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

2544 Credit One Bank Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was really in the negative comments on this site about Credit One, but I have to say I have never had any issues with that and I’ve been with them for about two years. People have to realize they are a small company and although I don’t necessarily agree with some of their fees they have to charge these fees for the company to grow they are not some huge company like Capital One or Chase. One thing people need to realize is they give credit cards to people with bad credit like myself. After my divorce my credit was ruined and nobody would give me a credit card except Credit One.

My only issue is every time I have called customer service it is someone with a heavy accent that I have a hard time understanding but they’ve always been able to handle my problem. They raise my credit limit out once and did not charge me for the increase. It’s only $450 but I came into this card with really really bad credit. Yes they are expensive yes they charge high interest but all this is explained in their terms and conditions. I love how people accept these terms then start blasting the company or year later like it’s the company‘s fault if you don’t like the term’s donuts up the card if you didn’t read the terms that’s your own fault. I’m happy with Credit One.

Original review: April 4, 2019

When I started to rebuild my credit, Credit One was the third card I applied and was approved for. They started me with a decent credit limit - for someone with very limited credit - of $500. After being with them a little over a year now, no missed or late payments, keeping a fairly high utilization rate, paying more than the minimum each month, and then paying it completely off with my taxes in one chunk and then leaving it be for the last month - I signed in today just to check on things, I was surprised to see 2 more offers than normal. Curious, I checked to see what they were and one was for a credit limit increase (which was approved immediately for another $200, raising my limit to $700) and the other was a pre-approved offer for a MasterCard because of my "good behaviour".

I was a little unsure at first, knowing it would be a hard pull (which actually hasn't shown up yet, but we're still less than 24 hours in) and I've worked really hard to get my credit to where it is now (started this credit repair journey around 550 or so and am now at 702 with 14 mixed accounts) I decided to take a chance and submitted my application... Within 30 seconds I was congratulated and approved for an $800 MasterCard! That's up a $1000, for a total of $1500 between both cards! (On a side note - I also got approved for a Discover It card with a $2500 limit - my biggest yet - just prior to this for a total of $4000 in less than 24 hours!) Overall I'm very satisfied with Credit One, and very grateful they took a chance on me when not many others would. So, Thank You Credit One! And to everyone else -YES, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CARD - if you're serious about rebuilding your credit responsibly, Credit One can help you achieve that goal! :)

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Just about any time I have had a problem, Credit One bank has fixed it in a timely manner. They also do the right thing before I ever have to ask. Thank you for being available and for being friendly!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Credit One gave me a credit card when no one else would. I admit, their rates are high, but if your credit is bad, what do you expect. If you pay on time, they WILL NOT bother you. I have nothing bad to say about them, because they were there for me. I pay it off every month and now my limit is at 1700. By doing this, the high rates never affect me. So please, STOP! Pay your bills, get your scores up and THEN you can get rid of the card since it's so bad.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have had two credit cards from Credit One Bank for 3 years now. Yes, I am using it to rebuild my credit, and it's working. I have never had a problem, to date, with any of my cards. I always use the website to make my payments, or I use the App on my phone. I am sorry so many people are having trouble with this company, but like I said before; I have never had an issue. I knew what I was getting into, and I don't like some of their features on the card, but knock on wood, it has been a good experience thus far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Bank?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

This will be the second payment I want to send in to Credit One, and suddenly they want to verify that my pay account is legit by making a few small deposits that will be available in the next few days. However, the bill is due in three, this procedure will make the payment late, so they can charge a fee. They also make sure that you are unable to set up Auto bill-pay through their website. This is a service they do not offer, because they want their customers to pay late, so they accrue late charges and fees. This is definitely a third rate predatory lender that purposely makes it impossible for their customers to reach out, and even pay their bill. All they want are the predatory fees. Stay away! There are far better Banks to use to re-establish one's credit.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

I had someone hack my account by calling Credit One who allowed someone to change my address. Once they changed the address, they requested new cards and then made payments on my card and then used the cards. When I called to report the fraud, I had to verify my information and provide my security answers. When I asked why they did not verify security answers when someone is requesting an address change, they had not response. Now I am trying to make a payment on my account (which I have closed) and it is stating I have made too many payments this billing cycle and therefore, cannot make a payment.

I called and they stated I could go to Western Union to make a payment. This is the worst company that I have ever dealt with. Customer service cannot answer any questions or assist outside their scripts. If you are trying to rebuild your credit, there are many options out there. Do not use Credit One as I do not want you to have to go through what I have gone through. I do not know how these people are still in business.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I made a payment August 28th 2019. They pulled out my money from my bank and have the audacity to say I did not make a payment. I spoke to every manager. They treat you like you are lying. I have sent them my bank statement showing them I paid and they got the money!! They still gave me a hard time and they continued denying that they received a payment. They are so disrespectful!! Am so offended. Am going to file a claim on my bank account that they are fraud!! Stealing money from people is messed up. They need to get their ** together!!!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I had a problem with a false charge (scam) to my account. Their customer service number is automated and has no option to speak with a person. I had to go through fraud option just to speak to a human. The person answering had such a heavy accent It was very difficult to understand him. He told me I had to write a letter (hard copy) and send it through US mail to start a dispute. How antiquated is this approach???

Then I tried to go online to CreditOne.com to see if I could dispute a charge there. Even though I have an online account set up I had to have a verification code emailed to me first. Because I typed the. verification code incorrectly (toggling back and forth between email and Safari) my account was temporarily suspended. Back to customer service through the fraud option again to speak to a real person to release my account. Told I had to wait 24 hours!!! I have many credit cards and Credit One's customer service is the VERY WORST I have ever experienced. I will be closing my account as soon as I have this scam charge situation resolved. Stick with the big players people— AmEx, Citibank etc. This company does not deserve your business.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I forgot I previously paid off this credit card and closed it out a few years ago because they were horrible. When I got the offer and accepted my new card, it only came back to me that this was the card company when I checked on my application status after almost 3 weeks and saw they haven't even shipped my card yet. We live in a digital and technological world now. It does not take 3+ weeks to mail a card. When you call, be prepared for a very aggravating conversation with a rep overseas.

Credit One Bank Company Information