1.14/5

Looking for a great Credit Card?

2311 Credit One Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

My Credit One card has had fraud committed on it three times! Then they allowed someone to call in and they authorized them to make an express payment on the card with the debit card I have tied to the account so they could commit fraud on it again!! Then they transferred old balance to new card (for the 3rd time) and my card that has an 800 limit on it and a 201 balance when they made the transfer, now has a balance of almost 3,000!!! They have been making me pay huge payments on this card, which I can't miss due to I'm in the middle of getting a mortgage. Now I received a call from the mortgage company saying they can't do the mortgage because Credit One reported that I owe 3,000 on an 800 credit limit card which dropped my credit score 51 points!!!

Then when you call the company you will never speak to a person that lives in the US and speaks English and they will file a report every time you call and say that it is still under investigation and won't be cleared up for 60 to 90 days!!! They have literally prevented me from buying the house I have lived in for 8 years and caused me to have to move soon due to not being able to get a mortgage! This company is a total scam!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

We have had nothing but problems with the card, paying on the card, and them adding unauthorized charges. Calling in is a nightmare, expect to get hung up on numerous times. Authorized users are a joke because they will not even take payments from authorized users. This card has caused our credit to be worse than anything. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

From the beginning they were nothing but a headache. They would constantly send me confirmations of my payment being received and then would not take the money out of my account for a week. Weekly payments were made to pay off my balance but they closed my account because two payments were unable to go through because by the time they took the money out of my account my other bills would hit my account. These were not my monthly payments as they were always taken care of and I had 100% payment history on my account. After being told my account would be fine after paying off the overages that happened because of my two missed payments I would have access to my account again and be in good standing. This apparently was a lie and my account had already been closed.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I received my card and a week later my bill with a $75 annual fee charged. I called same day to cancel but it was already too late they said. I have to pay to $0.00 in order to close. They sent me advertisements for at least one year and I never saw in any of the fine print and would be a card with an annual charge. They asked me if I still had the advertisement and of course I've said no cuz now it's three weeks later. I always do save my agreement that comes with the card and it did say there was an annual fee. I'm just angry and frustrated that I have to take a loss of $75 in order to close this account.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

Absolutely stay away from Credit One Bank!!! I reported a fraud credit card opened with my information and even sent a theft report but this nasty company with their very rude and disrespectful employees keep going behind my back saying it is valid. No one in this company will do anything about this fraud account. Do not trust Credit One Bank.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Bank?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I was sent credit card with line limit. Days later I was sent a letter which says there is 75 dollars yearly fee. I called customer service to cancel the card. I was assured card was cancelled, but later received a statement, and later a message that someone broke into my account. There should be a serious police work involved here.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

We have a Visa and a Mastercard with them. In the time that we opened the accounts, our accounts have been hacked about 4 times in a year. They keep canceling the cards and sending us new ones. They tell us that they are transferring the balance from the cancelled card to the new one. I actually paid off the Mastercard in Feb 2018 and almost the paid off the Visa as well. I tried to use the Mastercard in March and it was declined. When you try and call them, you cannot speak to anyone that speaks ENGLISH. They constantly call my phone all day from 8am 'til 9pm at night and on weekends including Sundays. I have blocked all their and numbers and they always find another # to call from. THEY ARE A SCAM.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

This company targets people who need to rebuild their credit. They place online blocks on the account so that you cannot make online payments or see statements. They do not clear the blocks even though they state it will be removed 24-48 hours after your call with them. Furthermore, they will move your payment due date up a day keeping in mind that you are unable to see this because the account is "temporarily blocked". They also do not allow automatic payments thereby collecting as many fees as possible from their customers.

I foolishly did not do my homework on this company prior to accepting their credit offer. I thought it would be a good way to rebuild my credit after divorce, but it has been a horrible experience. I do not carry a balance on this card due to the high interest rate but it has still been a hassle to deal with them. I wish I had researched them first, I have not found one good review about them... Do not make the same mistake I and others have made by accepting any offer from them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

We received a credit card with an activate today sticker then a few days later a statement with a 75.00 charge fee to have card, never applied for it and I called them to verify 877-825-3242. They said the credit card was active, told them it is not ours and to delete it. Will have to file a police report.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I was online checking to see if my payment had post to the account. I was prompted to a site that I asked if I needed a replacement card and there was only a submit button there. I tried to reverse it. Tried to go out of it. There was no way to exit out or anything. I accidentally hit the submit button and it will not reverse. It just kept going. I try to stop and delete it before continue. Next thing I know I have a $25 replacement card.

I know when I try to call Credit One bank to tell them, "I don’t want it. I don’t need a replacement card." they’re going to say they’ve already sent it out. I don’t know why it’s been an issue lately. I paid my account off and ever since I paid it off it’s just been pretty strange edit these extra. You know. They can’t hear me. The phone's breaking down every time I try to make a payment or I can’t get through. I don’t know what’s really going on. I always liked my card and never really had problems with them until I paid off my account. Unfortunately because of their shenanigans I may have to close the card completely.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Fraud completed on my account in another state. I reported all transactions. They only submitted 2 of the 1500 balance. Canceled the card and they shipped another. Made me make payments the entire time until I got it resolved. In the meantime I put a password on my account and the next time I called they never asked for it, said that it was placed on the old account that I canceled... why would I call for fraud and put a password on the account I closed? Told me it was my fault I didn't put it on the new one... 4 managers later that was resolved. 4 months later 3 months later issues are still not resolved... I type this email as my account access has been shut down, they want me to fax my ID to regain access and want me to dispute the transactions with the companies they were purchased with. I cannot express the level of stress I am feeling right now.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Credit One Bank is a SCAM!!! Stay AWAY! Their website is "experiencing problems" constantly, not allowing you to log in, or reset your password. So you are forced to call, they refuse to waive the late fees that you get BECAUSE of the website being down, AND THEN they charge you $9.95 to take your payment over the phone. It's a clever little scam they've got going. Then, you can request to have the late fee and processing fee waived, but it gets better. The only way for that to happen, is to "have a supervisor call you back". That phone call never comes. I refused to hang up this morning, and asked to be connected to a supervisor. 49 minutes later they took me off hold and hung up the phone.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

DO NOT GET THIS CARD! It will be the biggest mistake of your life. I cannot wait to finish paying this card off (less than $100) so I can cut it up and mail it to them with a big **. I got this card with another card (Discover) to start my credit. Credit One will call you about 20+ times a day, even when you have no payment due. This should be illegal. I seriously made a payment and they called me the next week, I said I didn't realize payments were due weekly now. They apologized and hung up. Even now they are calling me, It's 8/27/2018 and my minimum payment of $25 is due 09/11/2018. But yet they are calling me 20 + times a day.

When I do answer and ask they say they are sorry for the mistake and to have a good day, then 5 minutes later, guess who calls. YEP Credit One. If there is ever any advice you take from a stranger in your life, please, please, please do not get this card. You will regret it. I promise you. BTW Discover it has been amazing. My score went up 30 points in roughly 3 months.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I filled out the application for this card, was approved and then got charged for an annual fee, activation fee and processing fee. Cancelled card, 3 months later was called and told I owed annual fee and late charges.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I started to fill out an application and then set it aside. A couple of days later, I was told that I was approved and that the card would arrive soon. Today I got an email from them claiming someone had changed my contact information and to call a number they listed in the email. I called. It was a fax machine. I called another number through their website and was asked first for the last four digits of my Social Security number and then my mailing address. I declined. I will cancel the card and report any more creepy information.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

This is a terrible card. They charge interest BEFORE your statement is even due. They have an option to check your credit score, but in August 2018, my last update was from March of 2018. The rep said that Experian has failed to give them my updated score and that I should contact them directly. I would close this card, but I don't want to ruin my credit history. I asked if the card was inactive for a long period of time, will they close my account, they said no, as long as there is no outstanding balance for over 90 days, the account will remain open. I WILL NEVER USE THIS CARD AGAIN.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I keep my balance low with Credit One because of this issue. I pay on a weekly basis to keep my balance 0 and not pay interest. Their automated payment system says I have made too many payments in the last 30 days and won't accept a standard payment. However if I want to spend $9.95 they will accept an Express payment. I tried to contact them and was unable to understand them nor were they any assistance with the problem. This company is nothing more than a legalized scam artist. Stay away from this place.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I've had this credit card for a few years and all of a sudden they started taking large payments out of my account right after I would make my payment. 1st payment made was $100, next day they took out $500 and now they are trying to get two more payments out of my account.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

If you don't get it in writing when you close your account they will scam you out of late fees/annual fees and your credit score will be impacted in the negative. Get everything in writing if you want to close your account. Get the name of the CS person too. Get a paper statement with proof of closure. Check your credit score. Check your credit reports. They will not do as they say.

On May 20th 2018, I called Credit One to find out why I did not have a current credit card. I found out that they had mailed it to my old address. They also had inaccurate information about my email address and my phone number which I tried to update in their system but was unable to. I spoke to a young man with a thick accent. I told him I did not want to keep the account open because of the missing card that had been mailed a year prior. I also said that I had just paid off the balance and I wanted to close the account. I was told that I would owe no further fees or any annual fee.

I asked specifically about the annual fee. I told him I would pay off whatever I owed legally to close the account. He assured me that the account was now closed and that I would owe nothing further. I did not get this in writing via a letter of any kind which I thought I had requested. I noticed as of August 14 2018 that my credit score has dropping. I thought about it and realized it was probably Credit One because they are well known to exploit their credit card users by tacking on late fees, annual fees, and essentially exploiting the people they are supposed to serve. That was it. BINGO!

Credit One has a history of complaints from the Better Business Bureau. Pattern of Complaints from BBB: "BBB files indicate that this business has a pattern of complaints concerning billing/collection issues. Complainants allege that this Credit One Bank charges consumers, sometimes repeatedly, without authorization, which may include late or unexplained fees. Complainants also allege that Credit One Bank forwards incorrect information to credit reporting agencies such as Equifax, Experian and TransUnion."

The CS person I spoke to on August 14, 2018 named Jacop told me that I owed $103.00 dollars and that I had "two missed payments". I told him that any late fees or annual fees were supposed to be non existent dues to the fact that I paid off the card and closed it. He said he would put my balance to 0.00 but I am waiting for a formal letter. I had to contact TransUnion, and the rest. I will wait for my proof, but I am filing with the FCC and the BBB. This company essentially preys on people trying to build up their credit. Get it in writing! Watch your back!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

For one Credit One Bank has no one that speaks clear English. It's like they are programmed what to say, well my payment was 40.00. They took 140.00 out of my bank account then turned around and closed my account. I was never late on payments but everything was clearly their fault. Somebody legally need to something about this company! I could go on further but never again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had a account with this Companies for several yrs and I paid my bill on time, and they will try to entice you with higher credit limits when your account is almost paid off... Don't take their offers. If you are late on any payment, or get way behind on your bill, they WILL NOT work with you or set up a payment arrangement because they make the most money off of Late Fees and Finance charges. My Consolidation Company tried to set a payment arrangement with them, so my finance charges could be lower but they refuse to accept that.

They refused to accept ANY payment from the Consolidation company, so my debt racked up and they sent it to a collection agency... eventually one of the Collection agencies accepted a payment arrangement but now this account is on my credit report because they wanted to play hardball instead of clearing up the debt. I'm currently writing letters to the Credit Agency to explain what they did and why they refused to work with my Consolidation company while Larger companies like Amazon willingly accepted an offered to clear up my Debt... Don't deal with them, they are only money hungry.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I got behind on my Credit One account by mistake, now they refuse to take any payment less than what they piled up. I called and tried to make partial payments and they refuse to take a partial payment of any kind. I can't change my due date to reflect my social security payment, so they are able to charge me a late fee of $35 each month! Add that to my rapidly increasing 'past dues' and I now owe over $740+ on what was just a 480 account several months ago. I asked them to (1) close the account, (2) stop adding on late fees and let me pay partial payments in order to get caught up, but I got a solid NO to any help. They emailed me saying they had the perfect solution for me to get caught up.

I called the number and was told that they would be pleased to accept 2 payments of $280 per month for two months. Isn't that great?! Only problem? I would have to stop paying rent! I informed them of this and their answer was that they thought I should do whatever was needed to pay the payments...regardless of whether or not I paid my rent or not. I have told them time and again that I am low income...doesn't matter...the bill just keeps climbing and they will not help. I turned this account over to a debt relief agency and they informed me that Credit One wouldn't consent to work their program with me until the past due was paid in full. You can see where this is going, can't you?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I am on a fixed, one time a month budget, payment due on the 9th my check comes in on the 13. I am charged a late fee every month for $37.00. I also PAY a fee for the card $75.00 per year. When I call to close the account after 3 months the representative speaks broken English, I ask for a rep in the USA and I get transferred 5 more times, the lady that answers the call says there is no grace period. This card is a scam.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I was notified via email by Credit One that they believe charges to my account were fraudulent. Only after allowing 4 out of 5 charges at the same store within minutes go through did it click that something was wrong to them. I immediately called when I received the notification from my office desk (which means I am not at the store). I have been told that it will take up to three months to investigate and in the meantime I must pay for the charges until the investigation is complete. This is BS to make a customer be responsible for charges that they didn't charge. I have NEVER had this happen with any other company before, I will be closing this account ASAP.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I was unable to get them to understand a payment was missing. Kept telling me about all the charges on account but not the payment. Tried to cancel card, kept transferring me to different people who kept offering me other options. Very frustrating. I also had a very hard time understanding them. Support done out of the country.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

So this company is absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. So in June I was going to make my payment but I had noticed that there was some charges that I had not done. So I called them right away and told them that I did not do these charges. They told me that they would deactivate the card and they would issue me a new one as well as the investigation team would work on it to find out what happened.

So about a month goes by and I never receive my replacement card and I also try to login to my online account to make a payment and it is locked. I called them to let them know that I never received the card and to find out what the status is on the investigation and find out why I can't I login to my account. I get told that they are sending me a new card (again) and the investigation is still underway. Then they tell me that I do not need to make a payment because my account is under investigation and that they will contact me. I asked if this will effect my credit report because I am trying to build it up to buy a home, they said no and not to worry that it will not effect my credit. I asked when I can view my online account and they say with in 24-48 hours it will be unlocked. I try it about a week later and it's still locked.

Another month goes by and still the same thing... I have not received the new issued card and still have no way of getting into my locked online account and I never receive a phone call about the status of the investigation. And yet again, I call and its the same old song and dance, they say I do not need to make a payment because the account is in investigation still (by the way its been about 60 days by this time) and they will contact me with status updates, they said my online account will be unlocked with in 24-48 hours, and that they will send me a new card. Yea... none of that ever happened.

So I have called them one final time today and we are now at 90 days, they have now changed their story that account is still under investigation and that now it takes 90 days for the investigation to be complete. They said they account is still locked and they said that it would be unlocked with in 24-48 hours. Oh and I still never got my new issued card and they couldn't tell me when they sent it out. Then here was the real kicker, they said that my account was has an OVERDUE PAYMENT!!! And that I need to make the payment and my payment is late over 30 days and it has now been reflected on my credit report. WTF!!! This is literally the worst company I have dealt with. I had spoken with the manager and that got me no where after explaining the situation that has occurred over the past 3 months. Today I closed the account.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

First, I've had issue with Credit One Bank regarding fraudulent charges on the account and their resolution was to reissue the card. They did not check if there were unauthorized charges with me. They credited items they assumed were fraudulent. Their customer service representatives are very inexperienced with answer the customer did not ask questions for. In May 2018, I notified Credit One Bank that I would be out of the country until July 2018 but my payments were scheduled. I am a Fraud Victim so carefully reviewed all my account for irregularities and unauthorized charges. I found my credit cards were replaced and other charges were added to the account. I was told I called June 19, 2018 to report my card had been stolen but I had my card in my possession.

Upon return home, I called July 27, 2018. Spoke with a representative that was very difficult to understand so I asked to speak a Supervisor about waiving the late fees. I scheduled the payments before leaving but checking did not reflect payments. My financial institution stated the Credit One Bank payments were canceled and funds withdrawn therefore my identity had been compromised. After getting another checking with different account and most of the funds deposited back into the account, I proceeded to pay my creditors. I have a very good payment history with my creditors therefore they waived late fees. On August 9, 2018, I logged into the Credit One Bank portal to check if payment posted.

I found that their system still considered my account past due but current snapshot of the account reflects due date as 08/26/18 for $57.00. Again the representative provided inaccurate information that did not make sense. John (rep) stated my account is past due $59.00 which totally confused me. How can the system show account current with payment due 08/26/18 and the rep show past due? Then I receive a credit monitoring alert telling me Credit One Bank reported an account with last 4 digits ** for past due 30 days. Credit One never issued a card to me with those last 4 digits therefore they've issued someone else a card in my name once more. Another issue I have with Credit One that although they closed my account without notification, why would they still charge me an annual fee for the closed account. At this point with all the issues with Credit One Bank, I will leave the accounts closed.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have extensive experience with credit card companies. Credit One is the worst. Terms are horrible. Usurious interest rate, $75 annual fee, no grace period, interest posts daily once transaction posts. The website does not work well, cannot view transactions. My annual fee posted without notice, I could not view it in transactions, meanwhile interest is being charged daily. Phone contact info automated, site does not list number for live agent, I guessed and hit 0, got

a live person, she could not tell me what transaction accounted for the $78 balance, other than that it was a "bank charge," I assume it is the annual service charge, plus daily interest. If I can see the charge online in my balance, I ought to be able to see what it is for in transactions. This outfit is set up to ** the consumer. I will be canceling the account ASAP.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I called Credit One Bank to make a payment today and they asked me for my credit card number. I told them I do not have the card in front of me. I asked them if there was another option that they can check my file. So, they said if I don't have my card info they needed my full social security number to look up my file. I refused to give my social over the phone. So they transferred me to some service line and the line was a disconnected number. I ended up ** at the lady on the other of the phone and she went silent... Did anyone have this problem? SMH.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I sent a complaint online to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. The website is www.helpwithmybank.gov. I tried almost 20 times to pay my bill online but I could not, because I could never set up the account. Try to pay by phone and there is a charge of more than 9.00 dollars. This is a fraud, they also charge for late fee that has happened to me because I could not make the payment in term of this way every month. You have to pay an amount to pay by phone. And sending the payment by mail does not guarantee that they say they received it in time.

Credit One Bank Company Information