Credit One Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We received an offer to get this card 2 months ago. Now we have received the first information about having 136 dollars of debt. $75,oo dollars yearly fee plus interest + interest, etc. The card never was used. When trying to access to the website was impossible. Does not accept username or password and does not allow to reset. I called them and agent tried to help me giving me some instructions like how many characters username and password should have. Did not work. He also tried to transfer the phone call to IT Department and was not possible. Finally he told me somebody will call me later to help me to access to the website. This is a fraud. I want to close the account but still they will get my money and the money of how many people in this illegal way? Who can help? Is there any organism which could help?

Opened an account with Credit One a few years ago when I first started my credit and after that I did not use it just because it doesn't have a great online banking option. This year I was in the process of buying a house and when I check my credit I saw I had a late payment. I'm a panic I called them to realize that they charged me a yearly fee and because I didn't pay that fee they charged me about 200 in fees on a credit line of 500 dollars. Literally in tears I called them. The first representative I spoke to transfers me and then hung up. The second one ** Linda supervisor was the rudest Person I have ever met in my entire life. She made me cry on the phone. She spoke to me like I am 5 years old and the more upset I was getting, the ruder she got.

When I finally snapped and asked for her name she said she doesn't give out her last name and that's just her voice. She sound like a "rude men" she said. Then she transferred me to a customer service rep that finally helped me. This whole process took around 2:30 hours. I know a lot of you just need somewhere to start your credit & some like me think it's the same bank as capital one and apply for a card. IT'S NOT! Trust me. Don't put yourself through this. Yes they started my credit score and they also damaged it; but it's not what happen because some of it was my responsibility as well. It's how you are treated as a customer in this bank!

$8+ dollars a month in annual fee and $10+ dollars a month credit protection which I did not even request on a lousy $700 balance! I had this card for a long time, I have excellent credit with lines in excess of $11K from major banks with no fees. This card will be cut and in the trash it goes!

I wanted to increase my credit score so I applied for this card in January. By May, I was starting to suspect that they were not very honest. I looked at my account one day, only to see that they were claiming that my March payment was made late, despite the fact that I made that payment on the 1st when I paid all of my other bills. They charged a late fee when the payment had actually been 2 weeks early. In June, I requested a credit increase and they told me that they don't issue credit increases on my type of account, whatever that means. I got an email in June, stating that my payment was late. When I looked into it, they had charged the wrong account. That particular account didn't have enough to cover the payment so that cost me $35 at the bank for a return fee and another $35 with them even though it was their fault.

I remade the payment and just to be on the safe side, I saved the message stating, "6/21/2017 Payment: You authorized a one-time payment in the amount of $31.00 from your Bank Account ending in **. This will post to your Credit One Bank credit card account on 6/21/2017. Your funds will be available on 6/29/2017. Your reference number is bla, bla, bla." Then, without notifying me at all, I notice that I am over my limit but I have stopped using the card!

I called them and they claimed that I didn't make a payment even though I had saved the confirmation message! By then I had really gotten tired of them. In August, I went to log-in and make an online payment like I always do and I am locked out of my account! I called them only to be told that they have closed my account because I don't make my payments on time!!! When I tried to explain all of this to the obviously outsourced woman, she yelled and hung up on me! Now, exactly how am I supposed to make my payment???

From the moment I signed up for this credit card I have had problems. The website is always under maintenance and will not accept my password or user name. It will not let me reset it as well. When I call them, to try to process a payment they want to charge me $9.95 to process it. I refuse to pay that amount. If your website will not let me make a payment you need to process it for free. I usually get it for free after much protest. This happens all the time. I know how to use a computer but they tell me to clear all cookies and delete my browser history but I am fully aware of that. I cannot stand this credit card company and feel as if they're going the extra mile to rip people off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Bank?

I received an offer in the mail from this company and decided to sign up. This was June 17. I went online and filled out the application. The first thing I noticed is the automatic fill data when I went to put my address in. They had a former manager's address listed in Oregon as an option.... I'm in California. The only way they could have gotten that data was via Amazon when I purchased office supplies for him and had it direct shipped to his office in Oregon. They also had my current work address. I filled in my home address as the place to send the card and statements and submitted only this information.

Well, after 10 days I still hadn't gotten the card so; I called. They told me that they had sent me the card. I asked where. They told me that they weren't allowed to tell me where. I asked if it went to my home address and just gave them the city. They said no. I asked if it went to Oregon... no. I finally found out that they had sent it to my work. I asked them how they could have done that since I did not put my work address as the place to send me the card. They kept trying to tell me that this was the information they had. I finally told them to cancel and reissue (bad mistake). They did and I got the card on July 7th. I made 2 small transactions on it and haven't used it since.

Today, July 28th, I get a call saying I was delinquent on my card!! There was a $25 late fee added and they wanted me to give them my bank CC to make the payment. I asked them where my statement was. They kept insisting that they sent it and told me to check the post office (like this was going to do me any good). I said I did not get the statement and that I wanted the statement to make the payment and I wanted them to take the $25 late fee off since I did not get the card until July. According to them I've missed 2 payments... WTF, I haven't even had the card 3 weeks. Apparently, when they issued the card in June... even though I did not receive it and had a new one issued and didn't get that one till July 7th they had charged my account the "annual fee" of $45 plus some additional fees making my first billing $51.95.

Supposedly, they sent a statement for that (June 23rd) and supposedly there was another statement sent for the July 23rd due date. I kept telling him that I did not get a statement and he kept insisting that I did and that I should check the post office. I live in a small foothill community. I get my mail, and they seem to be able to send me promotional crap which I've gotten (Credit Card offers even though I am already with them) but, NO STATEMENT. I hated giving them my CC information but, they would waive the $25 late fee without me making a payment. I paid off everything and cancelled. BEWARE DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Please stay away from Credit One. They locked me out of my account for no reason. When I called their "customer service" the woman refused to let me in. It took me an hour of screaming at two people to finally get anywhere. This company is a sham. They will do everything to keep you from paying your bill. STAY AWAY!!!

I've been with Credit One for about 3 months. The issues I have is, I can't get into their website to check my statements and I haven't received a statement in the mail. After thousands of negative reviews for Credit One, can't the ConsumerAffairs contact the Federal Trade Commission so they can look into all this?

Credit One has been reporting to the 3 Credit Bureaus and I don't even have a card with them. This has been affecting my credit since Feb. 2016. I have called and called them about this issue. Still has not been resolved. Today is July 26, 2017. I had to call again and was told “No ma'am we are not reporting to the credit bureau.” The supervisor did see where I have not had any card open with them. Please be careful with these card companies. Even if I could I would not get a card with Credit One.

This card was paid in full last year. I continued to pay the monthly service fee. What a mistake. I should have canceled as soon as I had paid full charges on the account. Card is not used until about February 2017. By whom I have absolutely no idea. Charged by some company I do not know. For products I have no idea what they are. Most banks/credit cards you can report such things on their website. Not this bank. I had to write it, explain the problem. It was sent to the address listed on their website for fraud problems. Sent the first one, never heard back. Sent a second one with cut up card and asked to close the account, received letter stated they had no idea what I wanted. So I was to send them another letter with my problem and details.

Then I start getting these late payment calls. Ignored them at first but did finally answer and they wanted money. I explained everything that happened to date. Long conversation. Agree to send to me last 5 statements so I could mark and show what charges were not mine. He gave me an address to send it. See and it was not the address listed on the website for fraudulent charges. Anyway I received these statements. Marked all the charges which were all of them showing up. Sent a signed written letter with the information, Sent this certified.

April 20th 2017 I had received an email about suspicious charges so I'm told the account was temporarily suspended, I have been unable to access the account online. Today I received a statement with the charges still on the account but now with late fees and interest charges. I checked with USPS to see if last communication was received and it was on June 28 2017. So of course they are reporting this on my credit reports and it's dropping my ratings. I intend to file a complaint with the BBB and send the information to the Attorney General in Las Vegas Nevada and any other places I can file a complaint.

You will have the available credit at 300 your card will decline still. Every single day my account access is disabled, if you make too many purchases 3-4 they put your account on a hold, I have to call at least 3 times a week just so I can view my activities, check my balance, or make payments. Waste of time. Get a Capital One secured card 0% annual fee, $200 credit limit, interest fees are nothing, just a $45 security deposit that you can get back if anything, just make sure all payments you do with capital one is certain. If you have two return payments they will automatically close your account. DO NOT GET THIS CARD!!! I REPEAT DO NOT GET THIS CARD!!

This place is a joke. I attempted to make an international purchase, it was declined. I contacted customer service, which are extremely hard to understand. I advised them my card was declined, they removed the international block. I used my card immediately following the phone call and it worked. I then received a message that my card had been placed on hold due to "suspicious activity". I contacted them again and the suspicious activity was the very charge I made and the one they allowed from having the international block lifted. They advised I needed to mail a copy of my driver's license, not scan and email, but physically in the mail to "confirm" the account. On top of all of that they want a annual 75.00 "service fee" for a card with a 300.00 credit limit...

This company does not allow the option of scheduling a payment ahead of time as every other reputable company does. Obviously, this is for the purpose of hoping payers will miss the due date and end up with a late charge. I adjusted to that, though, and made the payments the date they were due for quite a while now.

Today I try to make such a payment, and they won't allow me to make another payment this month? And why is that? Because I'm trying to drive my balance down and made more than three payments in the period of 30 days! I definitely should be penalized for that. Don't you think? So now the actual payments that due will be the first late payment I've ever made? I call them up, they will not bend. "You've made more than three payments in a 30 day period!", they say. They send me to a supervisor who never answers. These people are crooks. Con artists. Seriously. They should not be allowed to do business in the US. I know it will hurt my credit, but I may well close these accounts and then pay them off. Credit One's business tactics are disgusting.

Now when I first got this card, I really thought it is was Capital One... I only had the card for three weeks and I'm ready to pay if off and cancel it. The payment options are very confusing, the automated phone system is bad... and I'm just not satisfied!!! So to the Consumer Affairs can you please help me in this terrible situation.

In my very brief stint with Credit One Bank I have had a few experiences that words cannot express. From being told it's my fault my additional card hasn't come in and now having a bunk computer because I cannot access their website. I have payments due (never been late) and their website is non-responsive due to their server issue. I reported the issue with Credit One and they proceeded to tell me to reset my username and password because my account is somehow "locked". Their customer service department is so out of touch with their creditors it is unreal. They cannot even comprehend the concerns their card holders bring to them and have nonsense type responses which prove they have NO IDEA what people are trying to convey to them!!! So damn angry with this company...or lack thereof.

Let me start by saying that I had to call and ask for a statement 3 months in a row. Today I was paying my bill and noticed a $25.00 late charge. I checked my online banking and the payment was received on time. So I called and spoke to foreigner and was told I shorted my payment by $2.00. I told them that was the stupidest thing, all for $2.00. I told them to close the account. Now, I admit that I shorted the payment $2.00, but I have some vision problems due to a stroke. All they had to do was increase my payment the next month by the $2.00, and I would have been happy. I would also like to know what part of the world their customer service in located. Because the 2 people I spoke to today were very heavily accented. They DID offer to waive the fee and some of the monthly charges, which I accepted. But the whole thing really ticks me off.

I fell victim to the lies and crappy promises made by Credit One Bank. I was a customer for 1 1/2 months. They gave me an initial credit limit of $1,200.00. My credit rating was over 670 at the time. I went to visit my mother who was dying and I sent them a fax about my urgent trip, also a letter and a phone call as well. I was assured that there would be NO problems while I was away if I had to use my card. While I was away dealing with the death of my mother, a supposed fraud dept rep called me. I assured her that I was in possession of the card, and she assured me that they were concerned about a specific and suspicious transaction. I told her that I indeed had made the purchase and she told me "thank you for verifying the transaction." I asked her if there were any other problems with my card and was assured, "No." I went to come back home and found that they had reported my card as stolen. I was arrested and put in jail, out of state.

When I returned home, the problems continued. Not once did I ever receive a single billing statement in the mail. They would only send me e-statements, which I told them I did not want. They would not remove me from e-statements. Now, as of yesterday, even though my entire balance was paid off IN FULL; months ago, I was served with a court summons. They had filed suit against me, alleging my account was seriously past due. It was paid in full, and when I informed the lawyers of this fact, the lawyers hung up on me. I spoke with my personal lawyer and was told that I had to appear in court and submit proof to the courts that the entire balance was paid in full. I sent them at the bank, a certified cashier's check for the final balance, and the bank cashed the check. Now, thanks to the liars and thieves, etc at Credit One Bank - my credit score is barely 400. DON'T waste your time with this crooked bank.

I got this card almost a year ago to help rebuild credit. I read the reviews. I used the card responsibly. I made payments on time. I check the balance today and it is over the limit so I called because the information online showed nothing. I had not used this card in a month. Credit One Bank has two payment options. Standard is free and posts in five days. Express posts in a few hours but will cost you an additional 9.95. I chose standard as my due date was still 3 weeks away and made more than the minimum payment.

Two weeks later I tried to make a second payment. I had done that before with no issue but this time it would not allow it. So I called and was told that I had been assessed a late payment fee since my payment was due yesterday and now conveniently there was no sign of it. I was also assessed an overlimit fee, which is what actually put me over the limit. I started to question how all of this could be since I had made the payment and all of the aforementioned things and was quickly shut down with, "You have no recourse". Save yourself the headache and hassle. DO NOT GET THIS CARD!

I'm so mad about this card. Me and My husband had for only 2 weeks, I use and I decide to pay off yesterday. Ok To make the express payment they charge you a fee (for you to have the credit available next day), so I pay the fee and this morning the available credit is not available! LIARS!!! I pay extra for nothing! I call customer service and the people are not from here, I couldn't understand the girl and she couldn't understand me, probably from India or other country. She told me the balance will not be available for 5 more days because I pay using my checking account. THEY STEAL FROM ME FOR THE EXPRESS PAYMENT and that's it! THE WORSE credit CARD EVER! Don't do it!!! I will wait for the credit be available and I'm calling them to cancel this card!

First of all is the same as the other's reviews, basically same problem so this is my nightmare. I got a credit line with this "bank" and been used for the last 5 months just 30% of my line of credit which always paid the full amount, a month and a half ago I replaced my Chase debit card because it was cracked in half, so when my Credit One Bank bill was about to be due I tried to pay online. Their system constantly was frozen and don't accept all the numbers I was putting in to. After the third attempt finally! It went through. I paid my full balance so after a month and a half I didn't use it until last week. I tried to use in Best Buy and declined, I called immediately Credit One Bank to find out why it was declined. I just wanted to know an explanation, customer service horrible. A person that don't know how to explain why! And barely speak English nor Spanish.

Told me in broken English that the reason why it was declined is because I tried to pay with bad check which told him that I never tried to pay with a check before. At last I asked him what was my due balance he told me it was 65 cents and I just leave it like that because I don't want to deal with him anymore, yesterday I was called them back again to find out what's the status of my account. First person rude. Can't communicate and just hang out to me then I called back again.

Another person that told me his name was Gustavo. Very bad broken Spanish basically same story, the only difference is that he told me the reason is because I made 3 attempts to pay with the same debit card and I explained to him that it was their system not me, and asked him what was my balance he said $23.96. Just in a week from 65 cents to $23.96 without use it, anyway I paid him the full amount just because I don't want any issue with my credit score. Hopefully I can get that account closed. I don't want to have any business with this people.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I have been with Credit One for about 3 years. I have not had one issue with this card until I had a glitch purchase go through my account. I went through various reps who had me repeat my issue over and over. I am a very good client with practically a zero balance every month. This has never happened and I really felt as if I did not have the support of the bank to resolve an obvious mistake. Even the vendor was on the line attempting to help me resolve the issue. 3 hours later, I am still looking for a resolution. To make matters worse, my credit statement is about to clear with a large balance that may post and I cannot make a payment because it is in a pending status.

I applied for a credit card and I know I have a fraud alert on my report. So when I finished my application it said "pending for additional information. You will receive a letter shortly requesting additional information." That was on June 6. Never received a letter requesting anything. So on June 15th I got a letter in the mail that was dated June 8 declining me because I have a fraud alert and they couldn't reach me via phone. Are you kidding me. When did a letter become a call. So I called them and their customer service are all idiots, all of them said including a supervisor "we're sorry but you can apply again after 30 days." Why would I do that. You all are the idiots not me!!

I'm so sorry I applied for this credit card. You have to pay to make a payment $3.99. This is horrible. When you mail in the payment they are getting it late. Plus when you make a payment online it takes 5 days to post they are do not give you credit on the day you make payment causing it to be late. Unhappy customer.

I have used Credit One for almost five years and despite minor issues I have never had a problem until now. Their website's log in expires every 30 days (a serious flaw) and you have to re-set your online log-in/password every time (using your credit card numbers). I misplaced my credit card right before a European trip and I called to let them know that I couldn't find my card to pay my credit card. I asked them to grant me an extension and re-send the card. Total nightmare. I kept receiving harassing phone calls for payment. When I called again to tell them that I thought an extension had been granted and that I was waiting for the card, they had no record of it in their system. This happened three times. As a result my payment was delayed by over 30 days.

This was the first time in my 5 year history with them that I was that delinquent. They reported me to my credit agency!! Despite calling them every week and checking on the status of my card and letting them know that I would send payment as soon as I received it. I even paid the balance in full once I got the card. I am now currently on the phone with them demanding to know why my loyalty of five years meant nothing to them. I am closing this card. I can't deal with the crap they pull anymore. I'd rather take a closure on my credit history then give them my business.

They promise to report to all three bureaus, but they do not do this on time or accurately which made my TransUnion score lower than the others. When I called them about it, I spoke with a woman with a heavy accent who was difficult to understand, and told me I would have to write them a letter. Further, they make paying the bill difficult, and hold your payment for a week before adding it into your balance. If you want to pay immediately they charge you ten bucks. I will leave my balance at zero because canceling your credit card also lowers your score.

Seeing a lot of negative reviews for Credit One Bank's credit card and I want to say that it isn't that bad at all. I have had one for 9 months without a problem at all. I have even had my credit limit raised by them from 500 to 800. Yes, it is for rebuilding credit and geared towards low credit score people but so what? It's not their fault they have to have high rates because people's credit scores are bad and they are taking a risk. This card along with a few more cards have helped my score from the 529 it was 10 months ago to a 648 it is right now. All you have to do is pay on time the minimum and that's it. At their website, I have registered and logged on all the time without a problem. Even their phone app works like a charm. Some reason it won't work on my computer at my job but I do use a ton of open applications that slow my internet down but no problems on my laptop at home or the desktop.

Just pay at least the minimum of what 35 bucks little before the due date and you are fine. It's that easy. If you are rebuilding your credit then you have to start somewhere. I now have a Citi card with zero percent for the first year, along with two Capital One buy power cards with cash back and an American Express card all because I rebuilt my credit starting with Credit One Bank. Never max the card out, always keep at least half available. That easy.

They claim the fee is $9.95 to process an express payment. So, I agree and my payment amount plus $9.95 is processed and withdrawn from my payment source. I'm checking my statement, and I also see a separate express payment fee charge to my credit one account for ANOTHER $9.95 a couple of lines under where it shows my payment amount WITH the extra fee they originally took! If anyone out there has used this "service", check your statements against your payment source statements. I bet you see the same thing. The fee they claim is $9.95 actually costs $19.90, and it's going to cost them more. I'm closing the account today.

Got my card and charged $141 to it then was immediately blocked because of "suspicious activity". Fair enough. Security is a good thing. I called customer service and was told they'd lift the block. They didn't. I called back two more times and was told each time the block was lifted. On the fourth call I was informed the block could only be lifted after I submitted ID to them for verification. Okay, fine. I wish the first CS rep had told me, but okay. So, I send my ID and call back about a week later and was told they hadn't received it yet and to call back in a few days. I call back three days later. The CS rep informs me they did receive my ID, however, they can't accept it because it's expired. (I don't drive anymore). I requested to close my account, but couldn't because of the block. I asked what I could do to get the block lifted and the CS rep finally agreed to accept my social security card for verification.

I mailed a copy of the card along with a letter requesting to close my account and settle my outstanding balance of $141. Called them a week later to confirm receipt of the letter and ID. They didn't get it, so call back in a few days. I call back in a few days, but still no letter and ID. The CS rep relented and agreed to close my account without verification. However, they would have to call me back within 72 hours to finalize that. Of course I never heard back from anyone.

So, I called again and spoke to a CS rep who gave me the runaround about sending in the same documents and blah, blah, blah. I told her what the last rep had agreed to, but they had no record that they would close my account. Shocker. I requested her to close my account, but she refused and gave me the same spiel. I hung up, shredded my card and will not pay the bill for $141. I'll take the hit to my credit score. The people who work there are uneducated drones with no ability to problem solve or think critically.

I've only been on the first page of the reviews about Credit One bank, but I sure wish that I read before signing up because if I had I would not have. My experience is not as bad as most, as I canceled my card after making my first payment. I received my card and was able to use it just fine, but when it came time to make a payment things went south quickly.

This bank offers two options to make the payment online, an express option for $9.95 and a regular payment option. The express payment option was supposed to make all funds available the next business day whereas the regular option would result in funds being available in 5 business days. The express option could be paid using a checking account or credit/debit card. The regular option could only be paid via checking account. Something about the express payment option was strange and screamed of a money grab by the bank, especially since my Capitol One card could be paid using my bank account and the funds were available the next business day, for free. I planned to use the card in 3 business days, so I chose the express payment option anyway. Their online payment process was clunky and frustrating but after about 20 minutes I was able to get the payment to go through.

I go to check my balance on the second business day and only the first $100 of my balance was available even though I paid my entire balance off. I called their support line to see why this was and was told that since I made the payment using my bank account they could only make the first $100 available and they needed to verify funds for the rest of my payment before making the rest of my credit line available. This was not explained on their website, and I told the support staff that but there was apparently nothing they could do.

This whole payment experience was problematic and frustrating, and I wanted nothing to do with this bank any longer so I asked to have my express payment fee refunded and my account closed. I was transferred to an account specialist to accomplish this. I had to go through the entire conversation again with the account specialist, and a few minutes after he acknowledged that I wished to have my account closed he was still trying to explain their policies that I had already understood and kept talking over me after I kept asking for the express payment refund and to have my account closed. I finally raised my voice just a bit since it was clearly apparent that he was not listening and asked him to listen. Again he cut me off and hurriedly told my that my account was now closed and I will receive a credit for the express payment fee. Immediately after he hung up on me.

I called back to talk to a manager because I wanted to confirm that my account was closed and since the account was closed ask how they were going to credit the express payment fee back to me, and of course to file a complaint. I was forwarded to a supervisor who confirmed that my account was closed and that they will send the credit for the express payment via check. When I asked if it is acceptable for their agents to speak over their customers or to hang up on them, of course the response was no. However, the reviews here indicate otherwise. Please do yourself a favor and avoid the frustration. Avoid Credit One Bank.

I often try to pay my bills online using their website. It is often down and you'll receive a message that reads, "Technical difficulties" or something along those lines. I tried so often one time, that by the time I was successful, the payment was late and it was entered as late on my credit report. I called them and they said they would correct it. As of today, it is still entered as late on my credit report. I have 8 other credit cards that have a perfect payment record. I used this credit card to re-establish credit after my divorce. I'm going to continue to use this card, but I have something up my sleeve where I will use them and it will cost me little to nothing.

Credit One Bank Company Profile