Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
1.15/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Credit One Bank Reviews

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was really in the negative comments on this site about Credit One, but I have to say I have never had any issues with that and I’ve been with them for about two years. People have to realize they are a small company and although I don’t necessarily agree with some of their fees they have to charge these fees for the company to grow they are not some huge company like Capital One or Chase. One thing people need to realize is they give credit cards to people with bad credit like myself. After my divorce my credit was ruined and nobody would give me a credit card except Credit One.

My only issue is every time I have called customer service it is someone with a heavy accent that I have a hard time understanding but they’ve always been able to handle my problem. They raise my credit limit out once and did not charge me for the increase. It’s only $450 but I came into this card with really really bad credit. Yes they are expensive yes they charge high interest but all this is explained in their terms and conditions. I love how people accept these terms then start blasting the company or year later like it’s the company‘s fault if you don’t like the term’s donuts up the card if you didn’t read the terms that’s your own fault. I’m happy with Credit One.

Original review: April 4, 2019

When I started to rebuild my credit, Credit One was the third card I applied and was approved for. They started me with a decent credit limit - for someone with very limited credit - of $500. After being with them a little over a year now, no missed or late payments, keeping a fairly high utilization rate, paying more than the minimum each month, and then paying it completely off with my taxes in one chunk and then leaving it be for the last month - I signed in today just to check on things, I was surprised to see 2 more offers than normal. Curious, I checked to see what they were and one was for a credit limit increase (which was approved immediately for another $200, raising my limit to $700) and the other was a pre-approved offer for a MasterCard because of my "good behaviour".

I was a little unsure at first, knowing it would be a hard pull (which actually hasn't shown up yet, but we're still less than 24 hours in) and I've worked really hard to get my credit to where it is now (started this credit repair journey around 550 or so and am now at 702 with 14 mixed accounts) I decided to take a chance and submitted my application... Within 30 seconds I was congratulated and approved for an $800 MasterCard! That's up a $1000, for a total of $1500 between both cards! (On a side note - I also got approved for a Discover It card with a $2500 limit - my biggest yet - just prior to this for a total of $4000 in less than 24 hours!) Overall I'm very satisfied with Credit One, and very grateful they took a chance on me when not many others would. So, Thank You Credit One! And to everyone else -YES, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CARD - if you're serious about rebuilding your credit responsibly, Credit One can help you achieve that goal! :)

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Just about any time I have had a problem, Credit One bank has fixed it in a timely manner. They also do the right thing before I ever have to ask. Thank you for being available and for being friendly!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Credit One gave me a credit card when no one else would. I admit, their rates are high, but if your credit is bad, what do you expect. If you pay on time, they WILL NOT bother you. I have nothing bad to say about them, because they were there for me. I pay it off every month and now my limit is at 1700. By doing this, the high rates never affect me. So please, STOP! Pay your bills, get your scores up and THEN you can get rid of the card since it's so bad.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have been asking to have an authorized user removed since 11/8/19. I was told on 11/8/19 it was completed, and I would receive a letter stating the user was removed. I called on 11/12/19 due to not receiving the letter and was told the user was still on the account and it had been a glitch and not to worry. They were fixing this and the user would be removed, and I would get a letter and to call back in a couple of days. I called 11/14/19 and was told the system is still processing the request and to give them a few more days and it would be completed. I was told to call back on Friday. I called back on Friday and they stated the user was still on my account and that they were closing my account.

I told them due to the bad customer service I did not care about the account being closed but nothing is to be reported on my authorized user as I requested them removed 11/8/19. I was told call back on Sat and they will send the letter that my authorized user has been removed. I called 11/16/19 and I am told it is still processing, their system is messed up and to give it until Monday. Well I check my authorized user's credit report and on 11/14/19 they placed on my authorized user credit report that the account is closed and my left over balance. I call them 11/17/19 and inform them they are reporting this and it is fraud due to I requested the user be removed on 11/8/19, 11/12/19, 11/14/19, 11/15/19, 11/16/19 and now 11/17/19 and they refused.

I was told by one manager that I have to call to corporate tomorrow but I was told by a supervisor that he was starting the process to remove my authorized user on 11/17/19. This is fraud period. I requested an authorized user removed and Credit One Bank is refusing to remove this user. This bank needs to be fined for fraud. I also do not care that they closed my account due to the fact they are mad because I am calling several times a day since 11/14/19, I want this authorized user removed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Bank?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have had my card for a few years, I made my normal payment no biggie right! Wrong! I go to make a payment using my debit card. It's declined. I look at bank statement and Credit One withdrew that same payment twice, resulting in my account being overdrawn, if this was just a few dollars no big deal but almost 700 dollars. I instantly called credit one. Was told they only processed one payment, im like no you did two, was told to call my bank, i did. They gave me two trace id numbers and told to call credit one back and give them the numbers.

I tried 6 different times and they refused to take the numbers, i request someone in america and was told that was not possible, i finally got a better speaking person on the line and explained it all yet again, she at least too the numbers told me it will take 7-10 days to review it. I also faxed this a copy of bank statement showing what they did, I am still filing a dispute with my bank and hope credit one fixes it on their end, but once it's all resolved im cancelling my card. So done.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I applied for their credit card that uses the American Express system. Has a $39 fee but thought it was worth the fee to reestablish credit. I wasn't immediately approved, said they needed more information. Received a letter a little over a week later asking for proof of identity. I returned a copy of my driver's license and social security card as that is what was specified. Three weeks later I receive a request for w-2, pay stub & utility bill. At this point I feel like that are making me jump through hoops for what may turn out to be a $500 card with a sub rated bank. I think I will pass and am sorry I sent the other documentations. After reading other reviews, I'm glad I didn't get the card. Beware of predatory companies with terrible customer service. My call after applying to see if I could email or fax information was handled by poorly trained and rude customer service.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

So I went to make a payment in October by phone. The automated system says, I had no payment due at that time. My next payment was due today, November 8th. I received a call from them earlier today saying I was 31 days late on my payment. Smh! They say my $30 payment wasn't enough and that I was supposed to pay $33 and some odd change. So they are saying it carried over to the next month. If this was true, why didn't the automated system say that when I tried calling to make the payment in October. Not only is this a bait and switch company. They give you low limits, charge extra fees to pay by phone, and they ruin your credit with their unscrupulous practices. All someone from the company needs to do is come here to see all of the complaints. The representative was neither helpful or fair. Neither was the supervisor. They should not be able to get away with ripping people off and ruining their credit. It is neither fair or right.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I just received this card Oct 2019. My first payment was due 11/08/19 but I paid half of 400.00 on 11/01/19, it' shows paid BUT NOT showing "credit available" as of yet (?), not even from my bank account, I AM getting VERY NERVOUS. My only other issue is I can't even call them because I am deaf and can only use texts or email. Any opinions? Please?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

At home one day, mail comes. Credit One envelope addressed to me is in the mail. Open the letter, notice that it's a typical (here is your card), call here to active type of thing. Not the least bit interested. Cut the card up, throw it away, continue my day as normal. 1 month later, get an unexpected bill from the same company Credit One, for an account that I (Never opened) for a Card that (I cut up, threw away and never activated). Am I missing something here? How can someone get charged a fee for an account they didn't open, for a card that was never activated, for a bank they didn't even know existed? Again, am I missing something?

Credit One Bank Company Information