1.13/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 26, 2018

2230 Credit One Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 26, 2018

Went online to make (FIRST). Filled out all the information to make online account to pay bill (perhaps including social security number)... they couldn't go any further after suddenly realizing I didn't have the account number because I had never received (or opened) the actual credit card. Searched through the mail and found 'new' card. Went back to computer to furnish this LAST piece of information to login in to pay or set up payment online for this account. Before I could get back to the computer/website to enter account number... the Credit One Bank site (for payments) appears to have been REMOVED or TAKEN DOWN.

Now all they show is a site to login in with user ID and password... which I have not yet created... and it appears to be a website to accept their credit card "offers" only... which obviously that part has already been done. The (unexpected) BILL is here and... DUE. I did not remember this being part of the deal... offered as no fees, unsecured, low starting but able to increase limit over time with on-time payments... but, with a slightly higher interest rate. (I almost called first when bill first arrived... because the charge was unexpected and was this a 'mistake' and to tell them they should advertise this... as I almost didn't even open the first statement... as I had obviously not purchased anything yet without having an actual 'card'.)

Regardless the bill is/was due the next day. There is nowhere to pay... online... and now their website states/shows the company is NOT even accredited yet? WTH. Hopefully, when I call someone today they can take a payment over the phone... but, then they'll have my banking information... if not my social security number from trying to pay online earlier! (Yikes) And, if this company or financial institution is not on the up and up (as now showing not credited) hopefully it will be possible for my personal bank to be able to reverse the payment... IF... the company is 'no good'.

At this point I can't even tell if I'm paying a legit or scam company. (Just beautiful). The irony... people are out there attempting to rebuild their credit from whatever circumstance... fraud, financial reasons, etc. and consumers can't even successfully or smoothly pay their FIRST bill due. Where were these poor reviews by BBB a few weeks ago. BEFORE offer completed. SMDH. Thieves. Rinse and repeat.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I recently activated a card through the toll free number they provided. Shortly after, my card was compromised and someone purchased over $800 at Target in Florida (I live in TX). When I called to report this fraudulent charge, I was told that I needed to verify my password. I never created a password. I activated it on the phone and it never asked for a password. When I said I didn't create a password, she asked me to verify my mother's maiden name which I did. She told me it was incorrect. I asked her how it was incorrect when that was my mother's maiden name.

I couldn't get any help because I didn't know this imaginary password that was automatically created for me (because I didn't create it, nor was given an option) and apparently my mother's maiden name is incorrect. When I kept saying I didn't know the password because I never created one, I was placed on hold for 25+ minutes to wait for a supervisor who asked if they had permission to remove the password option. I said yes, please remove it because I didn't know it. She said she removed it but when I called yet again about ANOTHER fraudulent charge, I ran into the same thing. Password and maiden name incorrect... It's ridiculous. I don't know who is creating these fake passwords and fake names but it's probably the same person stealing my credit card numbers from Credit One Bank!

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Do not get this card if you can avoid it. I am trying to rebuild my credit so I moved forward with these clowns. They are IMPOSSIBLE to either get on the phone or understand if you are are "lucky" enough to get someone on the phone. You cannot make a payment over the phone. They insist that you do everything through their website - which is not user friendly at all. Also they readily charge late payments for making payments online and not choosing their speed payment service which charges an outrageous amount of money, something like $12. Also, their website is always down. I was just trying to log on today to make a payment and check my balance, but couldn't do it because it is down again. And calling is not an option. These people are a joke and money scammers. Do not open an account with them. You will be very sorry!

Original review: April 22, 2018

I just called Credit One Bank to explain that my credit card is lost. The extremely rude customer service rep informed me that it will cost me $25.00 to replace the card and an additional $19.00 if I need it expressed. This is after I already pay $99.00 yearly fee and has never been late with my monthly payment. That's it guys... I will not entitle myself to this financial abuse one day longer. For those who are considering this company be very careful of the fine prints. You will be taken advantage of before you know it. I now know there are other alternatives to rebuilding your credit. Try Discover card or Capital One. They consider low credit scores and allow you to rebuild without robbing you.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Customer service was rude and did not listen. A card was supposedly issued in February 2017 which I never received. Credit One made no contact with me until April 13. 2018. (Big gap) Received first written communication on April 18, 2018 of a past due balance. Customer service reluctantly told me that the charge to account was their annual fee and then a late fee. Customer service admitted the card was never activated and that they assessed the annual fee on an un-activated card. So why has no one from Credit One contacted me in over a year? Both Customer Service and Supervisor kept saying they would send a replacement card and I kept saying I don't want a card. End result is supposed to be card is cancelled and all charges are erased...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Bank?

Original review: April 19, 2018

I applied like most trying to rebuild my credit. They never could get my payment correct from Savings vs Checking. Closed my account due to fighting with them trying to make a payment every month that they could not comprehend Savings vs checking. I have a savings account and have been unsuccessful of getting them to understand that is the type of account it is. Only one time did I ever finally get through and I had to speak with 3 different people. After that they would call and tell me my account was closed and my payment did not go through and charged me $45 return fees and then a late fee. I even had my bank send them documentation of my account number and all I got from them was it was my fault and I needed to pay on my account. Can't when you don't comprehend the process!

They charge fees for their mistakes of not processing payment correctly. Then they call over a dozen times a day. Today alone since 10 this morning they have called my phone 10 times. They offer no way of paying other than to call them or go to a fast pay location. I am on a budget and find it ridiculous they offer no online source of payment unless you are an active card holder. I would strongly recommend not to apply with them. I have a card through my bank and one other and have no problems at all. CROOKS is what I will post on here. Something should be done about their business ethics on how they manage and handle their customers. I am trying hard to make a payment.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Credit One Bank is literally the least ethical business I have ever had the misfortune to cross paths with. They are a predatory company that takes advantage of people who are trying to start their credit files and/or recover from a financial setback. Not only do they charge outrageous fees for EVERYTHING including attempting to pay your bill in a timely fashion, they own their own collection firms and will harass you at all hours of the day and night and the people they employ are barely able to speak English or Spanish. Do yourself a favor and use the fees you will pay this company to go to a reputable company and get a secured credit card.

Original review: April 18, 2018

All minorities should stay clear of this bank; because as of March 10, I have been trying to get this bank to enforce payment of $99.99 refund of said money, based on a fact that nuance product does not work on my computer, and a 5-7 day wait has long passed to do so... attached are documents of proof.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I never applied for this card! When I received mail showing I had an open card and there were charges on it already, I called immediately. They would not give me any information whatsoever or transfer me to a fraud department. They said they would take a report for the fraud department and I’d hear back from someone. It’s been two months and I’ve never heard a thing. Be aware of this company being a scam! I never received a card in the mail or a bill yet there are charges on this apparent card. Go figure!

Original review: April 16, 2018

Credit One intentionally misleads consumers, and when you finally get someone on the phone - they go above and beyond to keep information from you. I'm paying off this card and burning it and telling everyone I know who like me, only signed up to build my credit, that this company is only out to take advantage of those in most need. HORRIBLE - anyone who works here should be ASHAMED!!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

Starting February 2 I got a letter from Credit One saying this large amount of money was paid to my account but didn't go through. So I called them and learned there were a few large amount paid to my card but didn't go through but there were also transactions made to Walmart's in South Carolina and Indiana. I told them I wasn't there and they were not my transactions. They canceled that card and sent me a new one. Then I got a email stating that my information was changed and if I didn't authorize to call them and when I did they said my info was changed to a Miami Florida address. I told them I never lived in Florida so then they put my account on fraud alert.

Then I get a email today saying this account is almost 5000 dollars and it's only 1000 dollar limit and they allowed more activity on this card after it's already on alert. I don't get it and I am extremely mad and upset. I talked to a supervisor named Shawn and he said it takes time but these charges will be taken off. I don't know but I wish I looked at these reviews before getting involved with this company. Please don't get involved with this company. I regret it now.

Original review: April 13, 2018

This place is the absolute worst. They call you to tell you that there's been fraudulent activity on your account. Once it has been proven that there's been fraudulent activity on the account they put a fraud on your account. They tell you they're going to send you a card in 7 to 10 days. When you ask them if they could send you a paper to tell yes your account is under fraudulent activity investigation so that you can give that to the proper authorities to give to your banking institution and for your police report they say they can't do it.

Their policy is not to give out any information that it would take 60 to 90 days. After speaking with five different representatives three to whom Emily, Chris and Sam were out of the country and barely spoke any English we are unable to help me at all. Then to finally speak with Vin the fourth person who was able to help me a little more. He spoke English and actually cared. He stated he was in Las Vegas and unfortunately he was not able to send me an email stating that my account was under investigation or mail me a letter that he would get me a supervisor.

Now speaking to person number 5 in less than 24 hours is supervisor Ezra. By this point I am frustrated and crying as I'm leaving the bank because I've had to close my account and after speaking with an attorney and the sheriff office I'm explaining to Ezra that all I need is a piece of paper for the police report and for my bank to show them that hey my account is under investigation. He states that it's not their policy that he will try to get me out something by the 20th.

This is absolutely ridiculous. It should not take moving a mountain to get a piece of paper from a company when you're under a fraud investigation. When the company is the one who contacted you to say, "Hey. We see wrong activity. We're noticing fraud." Okay you're the one who put my account under the fraud activity. You should be willing to send me a piece of paper so that I can get this taken care of but no. This company is doing everything but that so run. Hide. Don't use them. I will never use them again neither were my family. We're cutting up our cards!!!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Stay away from this credit card company! High fees, bad customer service and so not worth the money lost! P.S. I think their call center is through India because none of them can clearly speak English. First, the fees are outrageous! I will admit, I had credit issues and was looking for a credit card to jump-start rebuilding my credit and they offered just that. However, I was overwhelmed with the hidden fees! There is a fee for EVERYTHING associated with this card. Want an increase? Pay $29.95. Want another person to have a card (such as spouse)? Pay $25. Express payment so your payment is applied to your account next business day? Pay $9.95. And the annual fee... when you first get the card, regardless of your credit limit, you are slammed with a $75 fee.

Understanding this is not clear when the account is opened. I thought it was going to be broken up into the monthly payment. That's not how it works. The fee for opening the account is $75 then you are charged $8.?? a month as the "annual fee". So... I had this card for 6 years and made almost every payment on time, except for last month. I was between jobs and went from getting paid monthly to bi-monthly plus moved from NC to TX. For the first time in 6 years, I missed a payment. The day after my payment date, my phone rang over 15 times from the same number. When I finally answered after leaving work, I discovered the phone calls were from this bank. Of course, you are greeted with the automated system about this is a call will be recorded and is to collect a debt... etc.

When I finally talked to someone, the first thing I complained about was the number of calls. Then he asked when I would be able to make a payment. I explained the situation and said, my next pay date is Mar 21. The CSR said he would look at my account to see what he could do to help me. He complimented me on keeping my account on time and that he was impressed with how I have handled my account over the years. I was transferred to a "specialist" who then said, "We can only allow up to the 18th". Apparently he did not hear me say that I did not get another paycheck until the 21st. After arguing about this, I finally hung up on him. I continued to get phone calls from them daily, never leaving a message. There were also times that I answered and they hung up on me. They claim to be working with you, but they are really trying to bully you into making a payment.

After this whole fiasco, I ended up cashing out some of my retirement to pay them off. So, I made the call to close the account. The CSR says he is sorry to hear that I want to close the account and then transferred me to a "specialist". Here we go with the bullying again! They asked why I wanted to close the account. I said, I have paid my debt and wish to have the account closed. Next I get this whole story about how keeping my card open will improve my credit score. I said the fees for this account are too high and I wish to close the account. Now the story is, I have done so well with my account that they are going to refund my "monthly fees" which will show the account to be "overpaid" and I will be able to use my card up to that amount. Again, I said that I would not be using the card and I wish to have the account closed.

At this point, I am angry and said, "This is exactly why I am closing this account. The one time I needed help, I was harassed by this company and I am tired of dealing with you." He goes back to telling me how I should keep the account open. I simply started responding with, "Please close my account." to every statement. Finally he got the point and rudely said, "Ma'am, you don't have to keep repeating yourself. The account is now closed." and then hung up on me. THANK YOU!!! Now I have the pleasure to shred this card!! I am still upset with myself for losing so much money to these people.

Original review: April 12, 2018

Accepting the offer for this credit card was the biggest mistake I made. Since the first day there has been nothing but issues that have not been resolved. After spending one hour on the phone four days before Christmas to be told false truths and promises. The customer service is horrible. The level of understanding is horrible. I have several major credit cards and I have never dealt with this type of service of fees. I was promised on December 21, 2017 @ 9:26am after speaking with agent Eric (employee ID #**) and supervisor Alex that all my concerns and the fee would be waived.

Needless to say, April 12, 2018 that issue still has not been resolved. I have never been able to access the online portal and do not receive paper billing statements. My credit score was hit on two separate occasions as I attempted to make payments the normal way (online). After speaking with a supervisor today who promised a total of $60 would be waived for two months of late fees, I hope she fulfills her promise. I do not recommend anyone use this company. My credit score has dropped 24 points since signing up for this nightmare. I will not stopped until I am paying only what I am responsible for.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I don't use my credit one cards often. I received a change address confirmation email from Credit One in December 2017. I called to notify that I didn't change my address. Turns out someone in Miami had received a "replacement card" on one of my accounts and was using it. Credit One was great at first and captured the account, started investigation and reversed the charges. Then it happened again. And Again. And Again. Four replacement cards were sent to this person in Miami (I live in California).

It is now April 2018 and Credit One is unable to stop this activity. They have closed my account over and over and someone in Miami keeps opening it over and over with my social security number. Someone within Credit One must be taking part in this. I have called. I have closed accounts. I have even requested that they shut down my online/web account access. The person in Miami has been using the card like a regular consumer (paying it off and then using it). Credit One has the person's email, phone and payment mechanism, but has been unable or unwilling to stop this from happening. Every time I call, the customer service agents tell me that they cannot close my account until I pay off the balance that was incurred before December 2017 BUT they are unable to provide an accurate accounting since the Miami person paid the card to a zero balance several times between December 2017 and April 2018.

This place is ridiculous. One of the male call reps told me to drink "cold water and calm down" when I called in early April to complain about yet another replacement card that they sent to Miami, FL even though I asked them to freeze the account several months earlier. I am now working with Financial Crimes unit with my local law enforcement agency. I believe that Credit One customer service reps are selling client's information and are involved somehow. I cant be the only one going through this. Do not use this company!

Original review: April 11, 2018

I ask credit one for charges made to my credit card when balance was 0 balance and they didn't give me an explanation at all. They said they will overview my account or investigate, but I haven't get any response. I submitted my complaint a month ago, and the charges are still there. What's wrong with them.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Set up after signing up with the pre-qualified letter. So, setting up payment method with my debit card from other bank and waited for the date, April 4, in order to avoid settling my balance with "express payment" which requires a ridiculous charge. Then, I found I can't go online again for Credit One can't locate my other bank account with my debit card. The lady, repeatedly saying she is "the only one" over the phone, from Customer Service hotline asks me to settle with the "express payment" which costs close to $10. I feel angry about this, coz Credit One should notify me the payment, which works with other credit card company immediately, that this is not working in Credit One. Sounds wired, right? Very suspicious! (I save my time in writing) I regret to get this additional credit card! So, think about it if you have this card.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Submitted an online payment, got a confirmation, then the website went down, so I called customer service to verify my payment went thru and they told me it didn't because of network issues, and to make my payment 2 hours later. I was fine with that, the very next day I have two payments of 300.00 come out of my account and they said that it will take 7-10 days for a refund and my balance wouldn't be available until 5 business days. Out of money for damn near a week for me to have credit card money avail and also to get my refund back. Customer service is horrible, corporate if there even is one, is disgusting. I wish I had never signed up for this mailing offer. This place is disgusting and are slimy ** out to hurt consumers. They don't help credit and the customer service is trash and they are a bunch of foreign racists.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I have a credit card with Capital One. Credit One sent me a letter telling me that I was approved on getting a higher limit for my card. Being stupid, I misread the name and thought it was Capital One sending me this letter. I then proceeded to apply for this new card and when I got it, I activated it without thinking. Ten minutes later, I realized that it was Credit One I applied for and that there were hidden annual fees that were hard to spot at first. I was fuming and confused.

I wanted to cancel this card immediately but Credit One makes it incredibly hard to do so. No customer service number at all. All the numbers I called did not work, I was left with nothing. I even tried the customer service option on the website only for the website to crash and log me out. I have never been more frustrated in my life. There is no easy way to cancel with them or even contact them. They are scammers. I finally wrote a letter and sent it to them telling them that I want my card canceled immediately. Do not use this bank, it's all a scam.

Original review: April 5, 2018

This is the worst Credit Card Ever. They sent me a card with $300 balance. Took $75.00 in the beginning. I never applied, signed anything saying I wanted this card. This Company is a fraud. Asked me to send them a letter from my bank to get confirmed verification that the account mine. After I paid the $75.00 because I don't want to mess my credit up they temporary suspend my account until they receive the letter from my Personal Bank Account. My banker said they never heard of this Credit Card and be careful because they maybe FRAUD.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Thieves preying on innocent people. No access to customer service, set off all the red flags. Scam. DO NOT GET THIS CARD. A $75 ANNUAL fee, which is hidden when you apply. Waste of time. Trying to cancel. No customer service. No way to do it online or on the phone. SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I don't think I have EVER had a good experience with this card. It was my first time on my own and I racked up a lot of credit cards just to pay bills and I was desperate, so, I applied for this card. First encounter with them... I learned that you could change your payment date, so I did. I got a call about a week later saying that my first payment was missed. I apologized and said I'd make it as soon as I can. Realizing that I changed the payment date so I shouldn't have "missed" it, I called back and explained that. I got a very rude rep and he said that the change doesn't take effect til the next billing cycle. Well I had changed my payment date either online or through the automated system (can't remember which) and they said nothing about that.

So I told that to the rep and he became even more rude and said, "Yes it did." Being done arguing with this random rep, I proceeded to end the conversation. He then asked when I would be able to make a payment and I said I wasn't sure. He got even louder and said that I NEEDED to give him a date to put in his notes. That's when I finally got a backbone and got tired of him talking to me like I just insulted his mother.

Putting a little bit of a bite back in my voice, I said that I would make the payment when I was able to and I wasn't sure when that would be (because I was anticipating a later pay date) and the conversation ended. I don't need you blowing up my phone the day after a missed payment. And maybe you should teach some of your reps to control their attitudes because it was unwarranted and unwanted. Cannot wait to pay this card off and when I do, I'm going to tell them the same thing you tell a jerk that you don't want to have anything to do with anymore... To lose my number.

Original review: April 2, 2018

The fees are high for this card. I had it for two years, paid the high annual fees, and I think I may have used to card two or three times and paid the balance as soon at it posted to my account due to the non-existent grace period. I always refused the credit limit increases due to the cost (typically $24.99 for a couple hundred extra dollars), however, I do remember once that they automatically increased it without my having to pay for it and they did not charge my account.

With that said, I would like to share my experience with canceling this CC. Simply put, don't worry about it drastically damaging your credit score. I was likely in a similar situation as many of you are now (i.e., damaged credit... No one else would extend me credit, etc.). Once I obtained the Credit One Bank CC and some time passed, my credit score incrementally increased. As a result, I was able to get some modest credit lines from AMEX, Discover, Capital One and Wells Fargo CC's. And I as well was fed up with paying the high annual fees because by this point, I was not using the Credit One Bank CC at all (only paying the annual fees so that I would not be reported as delinquent).

So one day I reviewed the Credit One Bank Account agreement details on how to begin the cancelation process and followed the instructions to the T. Credit One Bank promptly canceled my account, which I was able to verify simply by checking my credit reports. And guess what? Since I was able to obtain reasonable credit through other lenders and my score had began slowly increasing over time, I actually took a very small hit by having the Credit One Bank CC closed. I think it may have been less than a six point deduction. So, If you are able to obtain larger credit limits with other CC companies, it will help offset the loss of closing one CC with a small credit limit and high fees.

I know that you all will come across many negative reviews about Credit One Bank. But honestly, there is a reason you have bad credit. And if you have bad credit, lenders will view you as a high credit risk and you are less likely to receive favorable credit offers, if any. This is where Credit One Bank comes in. They extend credit (not much) to people who are considered a high credit risk. And you will have to pay for this convenience. The only other option is to borrow money from family or friends.

So my whole point here is that you if you are serious about rebuilding your credit, suck up your pride and pay the piper (i.e, the high CC fees) for a period of time while your credit is rebuilding itself. Not trying to be mean or inconsiderate here because I was right there with the rest of you for a while. Once enough time has passed, which is highly dependent on everyone's individual situation, close the account and move on with your life. Things will get better but you have to patient, diligent and extremely involved in correcting the issues that caused the decline in your credit to begin with. It will all take time and more money, but you can overcome this. Good luck on rebuilding your credit.

Original review: March 31, 2018

The reason I applied for this CC was because it was one of the only card I qualified for at the time and I needed credit in order to get my score back up. Credit One gave me a credit card but one with a low limit and at a huge cost. I had this CC for almost 2 years and it was a hallelujah day when I finally shredded it. Starting off they charged me an annual $75 fee. After one year the cost to own this card goes up to $99 or $8.25 per month. To get my score up I researched and read that I should not charge more than 30% of my limit. This meant I could not charge more than $180 per month on my Credit One CC.

After the $75 fee that meant I could not charge more than $105 or my credit would be negatively impacted. In today's standards $105 is one trip to the grocery store. To offset this after a year I applied for a credit card through another bank and was given a $6000 limit, $39 annual fee and cash back on all purchases. After dealing with Credit One for a year I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

When I used the Credit One CC I strived to pay off the balance every month and not once was I late on a payment. Meanwhile, over a year later Credit One finally raised my limit a whopping $250. Even with a zero balance I was still paying $8.25 fee per month. Around Christmas Credit One sent a out numerous scam type adverts stating if I cashed (charged) a $250 check they mailed out several times I could increase my credit limit by $250. This was the ultimate joke because $250 was above my 30% credit limit. Essentially Credit One was offering to help me lower my credit score. But by then I knew Credit One was run by a bunch of greedy individuals who prey on people such as myself who have had struggles in life and find themselves at the bottom with no better options. NO matter what they say they are here to make money at your expense.1

After almost 2 years I no longer used the Credit One card and was thoroughly enjoying cash back on with the better credit card. But I was still I paying $8.25 per month just to carry around the Credit One plastic. Finally I came to my senses and called CO to cancel. Even this proved difficult. I had to speak to 3 different people before being connected to the department that actually cancels accounts.

Speaking to the Credit One "account specialist" was what I imagine it was like talking to a member of the German Gestapo during WW2. I had to dig my heels in, stay insistent and keep saying "NO!". I heard "Oh, but we report to the 3 major credit reporting agencies". "Oh, but we can forfeit the $8.25 monthly fee X 3 months for you". Oh, but...." All the time I was saying NO NO NO! Once the account specialist knew she could not sell me on keeping the card the civil mask fell off and her demeanor changed to "How dare you and shame on me." Once I hung up with Ms Gestapo I went straight to the paper shredder and killed that card once and for all. A heavy weight immediately lifted and there was relief that it was in pieces and no longer a burden. I only wished I had done it a year sooner.

Another thing you must know if you want this card. Credit One touts they offer a credit score check with the card. They take the 3 credit reporting agencies, add the total and divide it out to get an "average". Even this is a joke because Credit One inflated my score, sometimes as much as 20 points beyond truth. I know this because I checked my score for real at all 3 agencies.

There is really nothing positive I can say about Credit One. I suppose CO serves one purpose, but they are much too greedy to make it worthwhile to use or keep. In dealing with CO there is an underlying element of greed and dishonesty. Hidden fees run amuck. If you are not careful when you pay the monthly bill online or you will be charged something like $9 bucks. If you need to bring your score up and this is the only card you can quality for then do so very cautiously, charge no more than 30% of your limit, pay down your balance each month and hopefully after 1-2 years you will have succeeded in raising your score enough to qualify for a much better option. This card is not one you want to go crazy with and charge your limit. If you do so this card will serve to lower your credit score, not raise it. Use responsibly and plan on only using only as long as it takes to qualify for another card with more perks.

Original review: March 30, 2018

They don't have auto payment and even if you do pay on time, they notify you that it will take up to a week to post the payment unless you pay an extra $9 express payment fee - each time you pay. They charge a monthly fee. They constantly offer you "credit increases" - $75 fee for each $125 "increase". You have to decline these scam offers each time you log into your account.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I have had this card for eight years, I used it in the beginning, ($1000 credit line), but now I have a much higher credit score (721) and I don't need it. I have paid $8.25 for a $0 balance on this card for 6 years. My credit available on this card is $3275. Each time you raise your credit line, you pay a large fee to do so. I have never in my life added an authorized user to a credit card account. Today, I went in to pay my $8.25 fee and I noticed that there was an authorized user charge for $19.00. I called them immediately and someone had changed my address and ordered a new card to their address.

After really having to say, SOMEONE TRIED TO STEAL THIS ACCOUNT...they finally decided to send me a new card with a new account number FOR $25.00. In the past this credit card company didn't even have a customer service number, you had to email them. I am afraid to close it because it is an old line of credit and it may adversely affect my credit score. But I have a feeling this card is not secure and is an easy target for predators. Wouldn't recommend.

Original review: March 28, 2018

They sent me a card. We don’t have any credit cards but after comparing to another offer from another company I decided to get the card as I have a lot of medical due to leukemia and another mass now. I thought I could use this when needed then pay off. There wasn’t an annual fee anywhere I saw. And the other offer had one. So again I chose this one. I get a statement last week. Not due til April. Today I get a call and when I call back I am over my limit. I was so upset because I knew exactly what I spent. I got customer service and was told my payment was due yesterday and a late fee was applied plus 75$ annual fee. I was horrified. Still am. I argued with the person who was rude and would not listen and will not close the account. I wish I had read all the reviews on this horrible company. It seems a scam. I have no idea how I am going to pay the late and annual fee and get this closed. So so sick and upset.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Ok, how is it that anyone can steal our cards, make thousands of dollars worth of charges, change the address on the billing statement, but when I call to report it, "Nope... Sorry, have your husband call." So, today, I look again, not only have the fraudulent charges on the first card not been resolved, but the scammers were able to open a NEW card in our name, again, charging all kinds of money on this new card. How is this okay? We don't live in FLA; haven't been to FLA, and these charges are all from FLA. Unreal, they are horrible, but they allow bogus people to use our card, then open a new one when the old one stopped working, ughhh.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Can someone tell me how I can close the account? I’m calling to customer service but is not helping. They charged me 75$ per year/after they will charge 8$/per month, I don’t need this card. Can someone help me where to call/write? Thank you.

Original review: March 20, 2018

They would not accept my payments and charged me for late fees. Customer service was very rude and impolite. They were not able to answer my questions over the phone and kept telling me to send a letter instead. My credit has dropped drastically because of them. And have never had issues with payments with my other credit cards.

Credit One Bank Company Information