1.17/5
Based on 238 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

2272 Credit One Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 16, 2018

I now wish I saw this first. I got a credit report with a delinquent on my account. I pulled up the web account and it did not show any activity. So I called, the woman that I was talking to. I could barely understand her, asked where she is from, and said the Philippines. Now I started to wondering and coming to find out that it is a scam. I have not use the card since October 2017 and paid off the amount I used. The to see a delinquent on my credit report.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Opened my account and after several attempts to set up online which none were even close to getting online finally after 4 browsers setup was completed on Internet Explorer. Made 3 payments with them on the phone because I couldnt set up online and the last time they told me they were not going to waive the fee cause their website was working and it was me. Well okay but I shouldnt have to download 4 browsers to make a payment.

Made my first online payment today on July 13th which they still charge you 3.99 to make a payment. But heres the real kicker, it's their website but it takes 3 days for them to process payment, another day to electronically transfer it, and then another day to post it to your account and the payment is made on their website Credit One Bank but the funds immediately come out of your account when you pay. So if you set up your online payment on the day it is due you are already late because you are not paying the express fee for it to post right away... WHAT A SCAM to automatically make you late. Luckily I made my payment 4 days early so it will post on the day it is due. Also look at your expected payment date online. It's already one day past the due date.

Credit One Bank 2272 Reviews (with Ratings) | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 12, 2018

I am so pissed and this is a long story! Going back to October 2017 is when I first became their customer. I was making my payments on time and I only had a limit of $400. In May this year with no prior notice I get a notice from Credit One that my payment was declined due to stop payment. I NEVER STOPPED A PAYMENT AND MY BALANCE WAS ALMOST PAID OFF. When I called their customer service I could hardly understand the person with a really strong Indian accent and after the fifth time I repeated what went on and why I was calling the person unfortunately got cussed out until they put me through to a supervisor! Funny how they understood all the four letter words I was using!

The supervisor tells me that my bank stopped the payment. When I called my bank B Of A, they said Credit One had not even attempted to charge my card with my payment! Then I called Credit One back and called them on the game they were playing because I was almost done paying off my balance and then another supervisor told me they didn't have all the digits on my account number so when I was paying online the payments weren't going through! I screamed "Why did you all let this go on for so long!? Who was irresponsible? Me or you for not alerting me that you didn't have all my information before charging me with interest and penalties up to over $1,000! WHO THE ** DOES THAT!"

I continued to make payments until I tried to make a payment yesterday 7-11-2018 and the person I spoke to informed me that my account had been charged off and sold to someone they don't have the information for and as of 6-28-2018. Even after trying to rectify the situation, no notice was given to me and so as they tried to ** up my credit. I am doing everything I can to ** up their reputation! I am telling everyone I know not to be their customer! Also, stop sending our jobs overseas to people that can't understand or speak English! What the hell is wrong with you? All these jobless people willing to work hard like I do and you send opportunity to another country? Hell will freeze over before I am ever a customer with you ever again! #nojusticenopeace!

Original review: July 12, 2018

There is a yearly fee of $75.00, which they don't show on your electronic statement which is shady. Also, if you have an authorize user to the account, you pay an additional fee of $19.95 every year as well (which is ridiculous). The interest is also very high. If you need to build your credit. I would suggest keep the card for 1 year, charge on it and make EVERY payment on time. Hopefully that will be enough to get you better credit offers and then close the Credit One acct, that's what I did.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I had no idea that credit card companies only allow someone to make a maximum of four payments in a 30 day period. Well Credit One Bank only allows you to make 4 payments in 30 days and they will not allow you to pay off the balance if you reached this limit. I'm so confused. Why? I don't get it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Bank?

Resolution response: July 11, 2018

Credit One resolved my problem quickly out of all the credit cards I have Credit One was the only one that did not allow anyone to steal my money I see now why their fees are high because the security is good they didn't like what they saw so closed my card and sending me a replacement with new number so for that I changed to a 5 star they acted very quickly and kept my funds safe

Original review: July 11, 2018

Credit One is the worse Credit Card I have. They temporarily suspended my account for no reason. I pay my bill early every month plus the fees are outrageous. I'm paying this card off and I'm cancelling it. I had this card for over 2 years. I really don't need it. I have other cards. I never have problems with 2 of them I been with for 13 years. Never a problem. There are other cards out there to help build your credit. Look around. Don't get this one. It's a nightmare. You've been warned.

Original review: July 10, 2018

They Charge about $79.00 a yearly fee to begin and then the yearly fee is divided into month amount. THEN THEY JUST CHARGED ME A ONE TIME FEE OF $14.95 for a $250.00 credit line increase... As soon as I build my credit I am dropping them. My Discover credit card charges no yearly fees.

Original review: July 8, 2018

If I had known this company would be so rude to their customer I would have never applied for a credit card with them. They cancel your password without your permission. Their fees are out of control. I am done with this credit card. This is the worst company to ever get a credit card from. Don't make the mistake and get one whatever you do. They won't let you pay your bill over the phone without a charge. It hard to set up your account online from their website. Just the worst experience I have ever had with a credit card company.

Original review: July 7, 2018

Started in April 2018. Payment in full occurred on account which hit checking. Called and reported transaction as unauthorised. Verified info. Credit One said they needed to reissue my card. Never received it, but thought it was because of the fraud. Someone changed my address to a Florida address and allowed them to charge card to max. Feel like inside job. Closed accounts, but have to wait for fraud investigation to be done.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I had a card from Credit One and ran into a ** load of problems. First off, someone made fraud payment and a couple of fraud charges. And this was after I had already closed this account a month prior. Then I was alerted by my credit monitoring company and then they charged my account off even after I paid it off. I filed a small claims lawsuit this afternoon for 5000 dollars, I'll keep you informed on its progress.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I’ve had this card for 6 months and I’ve always having an issue with making my payments online. I called today because of an email they sent about my account. I was not able to log in the account. I called customer service and was told that my account was suspended because of a returned payment. I asked for the account information they had and it does not match what I know I put it and what has been saved. I was told my account was closed and that it will be reported to the credit agency on the 7th. The only way to possibly get my account reinstated would be to send a letter from the bank of my account information? Like why? They are a scam and full of bull. No one could tell me how long the process would take. I’m contacting a lawyer.

Original review: June 29, 2018

They offered me a credit card to help improve my credit. I accepted it. I used it for a few charges, paid the whole thing off the end of each month, then closed. Stopped using it months ago. Assuming I didn't have a monthly payment to pay, I logged into my account today to see that I owe them over $100 and even worse my credit score dropping because of nonpayment. It turns out that they charged me some hidden fee I wasn't aware of, then each month the fee accumulated with late penalty charges and interest. So these days, if you don't owe money, you still owe money and get your credit all screwed up??? What a scam! Companies like this are the reason 2008 financial crisis happened, if not regulated better, it will happen again and even much worse!

Original review: June 29, 2018

I got this card just as an easy way to finance a payment. Everything was fine for the first couple months, until my payment was due last night and I was unable to even access the "make a payment" screen. This morning, I was charged a late fee, which I expected. I was irritated, but figured it wasn't a big deal since I DID wait until the last day to pay the bill. My fault. This morning I went to make another payment, the payment did not process, and would not allow me to try to make that same payment again, so I called the customer service number that they advised me to contact. I wound up speaking with the most rude individual. She yelled at me, demanded I calm down, and spoke to me like a toddler. It was like she was reading off a script and wasn't even listening to the problem I was describing to her. She would not give me her name, but her attitude is the exact reason that I'm cancelling this card the minute I pay it off completely. Not worth it.

Original review: June 24, 2018

My credit was badly damaged in 2010. I got a credit card from Credit One to slowly rebuild my credit. I finally got my credit up to a decent score and I held on to this card because it hurts your credit score to close an account but Credit One has to go. I am charged $8.25 a month for an annual fee, I pay the card in full each month but they charge interest on the balance daily, I found a charge for $19.00 so I called Credit One to find out what it was they told me it was a membership fee.

When you pay online Credit One charges close to ten dollars if you want credited that day or no charge if you wait 5 days so if you're on a tight budget either pay the fee or a steep late fee (I never was late). So last month I paid my account in full (on time) this month I have $27.25 in fees. I have 3 other great credit cards now that don't cost me a dime as long as I pay in full every month. Next payment I will pay in full (as always) but I will be mailing a certified letter to close my account. Credit One did help me rebuild my credit but there is no rewards for being a good customer.

Original review: June 22, 2018

They'll be happy to give you a card and if you want to survive unscathed do what I did. These guys are experts in the shifty'Mc shafts so do not imagine it or use it as a credit card. Create a new email address specifically for this card. Don't use the card if you don't have the cash on hand, you'll need it to pay it off after a few days, after it registers on the website or the app. Only use it once a month. Only keep the card for 9 months. Read your termination instructions carefully and mail the letter certified. Make sure you indicate that you are terminating "our contract at your request". Do not let them talk you into keeping the card. Lie and tell them your bank gave you a $2000 credit card limit and you don't need two credit cards. Always enter your login and password fresh, no saved data fields. Don't bother calling for anything but a credit increase after 4 months.

Do not consider any payment completed, they'll add an extra couple bucks for interest, just pay it if it appears after a zero balance report from the app or website, so watch for it. Do not block the emails reporting your closed account at a zero balance with zero available credit, verify it says zero and delete it. On the 8th month go to Capital One and get the secured card and keep it, they'll have you in two Quicksilvers MC & Visa in 11 months then go get your Discover card. Credit Sesame reports any credit activity before TransUnion, Experian etc. Pay no attention to Credit Sesame recommended cards. Credit Karma is always the last to know anything. Take no loans from any app, go to your bank and ask for a credit builder CD if you want to build your score faster. Good Luck!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I do find it interesting that the company does not have a technical support team for when issues arise with websites. I would think that if a company has a website, they would have the technical support to work with it. I called, talked with the representative on what was going on, asked to speak with the technical support department as my website had been working 7 days prior. "We do not have a technical support department, we troubleshoot the problem here." Very interesting when a problem arises and they only have 1 department. Don't get as the support is not worth the runaround...

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have been a Credit One Bank cardholder for 2 years and I have to say that they are the worst. They charge for credit line increases, provide TERRIBLE customer service and offer absolutely NO HELP if you are going to be late on a payment. The customer service reps are rude, difficult to understand and aren't always able to answer your questions. When I asked for the hardship department, they gave me the number for credit counseling services "in my area" because they don't offer hardship help. This is a credit card company that prides itself on helping people rebuild their credit but don't offer help if you hit a bump in the road along the way!!! What a scam!!! Can't wait to pay this card off and be done with them!!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have had this credit card for about 10 years. I pod the card off about 2 years ago and just use it for small things which I can pay off monthly or within 2 months. I attempted to pay my bill online for over two weeks. Their new authentication does not work. It will not allow you to go past the security questions page. I also never received a statement from them, but knew I had used the card and wanted to pay in full. They have been calling my home all weekend from different numbers. I was not home and a friend finally answered the phone.

They persisted in asking to speak with my spouse, since I was not available. I have no spouse. This is beyond being unprofessional and leads me to believe that the call is from out of the country. I called customer service this morning from work and was on the line around 35 minutes trying to rectify the issue. Horrible customer service. They took my payment over the phone, then sent me to another department to try and help me log on. In the meantime, I find all these horrible reviews that I never knew about on Consumer Affairs.

They kept trying to insinuate that it’s my fault. Uh, no. They could not tell me when the online issue would be fixed, but kept saying it’s nothing wrong. Their only suggestion was to download their app to make future payments. I asked does that mean the online website doesn’t work. All they would keep saying is, that it does work, but the could walk me through it. My advice is to stay away from Credit One, if you can. I’m lucky to have other and better credit cards. I understand everyone may not be able to and have to use them. I will keep it for emergencies, if needed. They are a fraudulent company and really should be sued and shut down.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I am trying to report this to Equifax and Transunion. Every month I go online to pay my CC bill and the password says, "problem logging on. Try later." Three months later and the site STILL will not work to renew your password even though it does not tell you it is specifically your pass is the problem. They are deliberately not specific. I know my password. They simply make their website unavailable and then you are forced to pay an additional 9.98 for an express payment when in reality you should be able to just log in and pay. It is simply a money making scam and it is FRAUD. This is why they are not accredited. I will cancel my card ASAP.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I am a cardholder with Credit One Bank, and will be brief. I have been with Credit One Bank for a couple of years at least. From the very beginning, paying my bill using the automated number was unsuccessful. The line would never pick up, just disconnect. If it actually did answer, disconnected at some point through the prompts. At this point, I installed the app in order to make online payments. This experience was not terrible, however a large amount of the time I was unable to view my statements. If I was able to actually retrieve an agent via telephone after LITERALLY WAITING FOR UP TO TWO HOURS, unfortunately I was unable to understand the agent/dialect issues. Resulting in yet again the inability to make payments. Currently, well LITERALLY for the past two months I have been unable to reach Credit One through all avenues resulting in now "late payments" confirmed with credit checks.

You may be asking yourself why I have not sent payments via postal service? Are you kidding? If I am unable to reach them via phone, email, and app no telling what could happen once they received it! I am a 5 star fan of the United States Postal Service, just no telling what may happen with Credit One! My quick theory... "payment not received ". In close, taking a risk with this company is infinite! The hours and frustration I personally have endured is phenomenal! Heck, I can't even make contact to close the accounts. However I have contacted the credit bureau and submitted a dispute in hopes that my credit score will not continue to be affected. Stay away from Credit One Bank!!! Thanks so much!!

Original review: June 3, 2018

I have had this card for 6 months and always pay my balance in full. This month was no different and even expressed paid it so I would have funds available the next day. 3 days last and nothing... So I called and the customer service agent said I closed the account! I did no such thing. After almost an hour on the phone it was remediate and a new card was being sent to me. He concluded my card had been compromised and even my address and phone number had been changed in the account but I would receive a new card in a week. It still hasn’t arrived 2 weeks later and my credit report just alerted me I have a new closed account. I went online to check the account and see what’s going on and no information has been changed and it doesn’t say my account is closed either but it has been transferred and I notice the last 4 digits of the account is different. I have to wait until Monday to speak with someone now. I just want to know what is going on.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I've made several call over the past month for assistance with making an online payment. They've added a new feature where you can process a payment for $9.95 or use their current method (online or mail). The online access has NOT worked since, it seems, the $9.95 fee became effective. Was told today that Credit One is updating their security and that is why their site was inaccessible. Was then offered to help reset my password. When I asked why, since the site was down, was told that it would be ANOTHER 48 hours before I could use the online option. Never got a response as to how that would work if the site was being upgraded.

This is the exact same thing I was told two weeks ago just before they slapped a $25 late fee on my account. I had to request paper statements just to be able to make payments. The only response I've gotten has been, "I'm really sorry for the inconvenience." When I asked to speak with someone in the United States, I was told that was not possible. When I dialed the in-state number listed for the company (702-269-1000) was put on hold and then disconnected. I have NEVER encountered this level of poor customer service. This is one unhappy cardholder.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I will make this as short and sweet as possible as it has been a 2 month nightmare! I've been with Credit One since 2015 and have great standing and zero issues until late March early April. It started with me getting a letter at home from Credit One dated 3/28/18 thanking me for changing my address to something in Florida. I live in SC and haven't moved. This was suspicious so I called them right away on 4/3/18. During that call (I won't even go into how awful the customer service has been and how many hours I've wasted with them since) they eventually updated my address back to my correct address.

HOWEVER, an important detail they failed to tell me on that call on 4/3/18 was that they mailed a NEW card to that WRONG address in FL on 3/26/18... Oh and of course they billed me $25 for a replacement card they sent to some criminal. Had they told me they sent the new card when I called to dispute the address change and cancelled the card THEN, the fraud would not have happened. So a few weeks later is when I finally realized that someone had made multiple cash withdrawals form MY card in Florida for about a week. Did I mention these cash advances ended up exceeding my credit limit by over $1,000?? How does Credit One even let that happen?!?

In addition to the advances, a cash advance fee of nearly $14 PER ADVANCE was charged to me! I have been dealing with this since early April and they have NOT wanted to help me. I filed a police report, spoke to multiple "supervisors" and requested they send me a fraud affidavit. They told me no they do not send those? THEY ARE REQUIRED TO! I was finally able to have them send me one. They have reported this FRAUDULENT balance that happens to now be over my limit to the credit bureaus and my score has dropped significantly! Many complaints about it to Credit One to at least advise the credit bureaus it was in dispute were useless and nothing has been done.

I could tell you so many other things they have done poorly in this situation that would make your head spin, but I'm so over talking about it over and over. The important thing I want to share is HOW TO GET IT RESOLVED. I promise if you have had this issue as I see many others have, Credit One will not resolve it and fix it unless they are forced! I submitted a complaint against them to the CFPB - they in turn forwarded the complaint to the OCC - the Federal agency that regulates banks. This is something Credit One does not want... Several complaints about this huge security breach launching questions from the OCC.

I got a response from Credit One this week "based on my complaint to the OCC" (not based on complaints I made directly with them). They do not admit any wrongdoing in the letter as it was worded carefully, HOWEVER, they did advise me the fraud investigation is now complete and they will be correcting my account balances and notifying the credit bureaus as well. Letter is dated last week and none of it has been fixed yet - online account (when it decides to actually work) still shows I'm over my credit limit! Granted, my new billing cycle starts in a few days so I will follow up at that time to make sure it is fixed. At least I have a letter from them in writing stating I am NOT responsible... even though I'm momentarily paying the price! Hopefully this well help someone else that is going through this! OCC IS YOUR FRIEND AND WILL HELP!

Original review: May 22, 2018

I've read many of the other reviews of Credit One Bank CC and I'm shocked that there are so many problems! I haven't had any issues with customer services, I've had to call a few times and they handle my questions with courtesy. I do agree that the fees are high! I've gone over my limit a couple of times due to my special needs child needing things insurance doesn't cover, being a single mother you do what you have to do. I've been caught off guard when my available credit says $150, so I get my son his meds, then the fee is deducted and I go over my limit. That happens with all bank cards that are made to help build your credit, they have outrageous fees (I've learned that). I'm sorry so many people have had such awful experiences. My experience with Credit One isn't as bad.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Worst service I ever got for credit card. I wasted too many time to make payment through internet but could not make it so used phone call but no personnel answer responded. I began to feel so weird so I used the express payment by paying 9.95 dollar charge which I never experienced for any other credit card services but again it did not go through. I tried to pay off but not get successful. I strongly hope this credit company should get someone's control or resist by public record of service.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I was alerted my credit report was ran through this company which I have no knowledge of who this company is. When you call you're calling India at a call center. You ask for the fraud Dept. And telephone number. They say they can’t give it to me. So I look online and find out that there is indeed a fraud Dept. However, nobody answers. It’s a machine telling you to leave your name and phone number and someone will call you in 2 days. So someone from the fraud Dept calls me from a Las Vegas number. They tell me not to worry about it. After 90 days I receive a letter that I am indeed liable for the charges in the amount of $925. Now I have no idea what to do. This company is absurd. Now I have to Dispute it off my credit. This company is the worse. First of all I would never get this card with an annual fee. Seems like they give anyone a credit card.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I've had this card for over a year and have not received my statement on numerous occasions causing my payment to be late. I'm NEVER late on anything... Ever! Fees are absurd and not told about either.

Original review: May 14, 2018

On hold for the longest time. Got some guy who I could barely understand (heavy Indian accent). He then switched me to someone else also with a strong accent. I'm being charged $35 despite the request to cancel the account. I did not feel that I should be charged the annual fee if I'm cancelling. He stated that the account will be cancelled but I still owe the $35 user fee. Could not make him understand that this is totally unfair. Would not recommend dealing with these idiots.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Horrible customer service by people you can barely understand. They try and fabricate things so keep good records. I ordered a credit card with Credit One. Without making a purchase using their card I paid them 100.00 dollars. They placed it on my statement as a credit line increase. When I reported the card stolen they told me not to worry they would issue a new card. I received a statement with new card number and balance of 600.00 being owed. This is before I received the new card for activation. The old card only had a charge for the unidentified purchased amount of 132.16.

I never used my Credit One card as I had just recently received a card from Capital One which I use regularly. Yet the agent tried to tell me it was a credit line increase until I told the agent I have records from my bank statement. I made a payment and if this was a credit line increase where is the money I paid as I again have proof from the bank of payment. Agent stutters and says he has to transfer me to his supervisor. After transfer supervisor says, "I see your payment." My advice let's find a court that will hear us. We can't all be wrong about this fraudulent company.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have been with Credit One for over 6 months now and have made every payment on time and managed to pay a zero balance every month. On the 5th payment I was told by the rep that I would automatically receive a Credit Line Increase (CLI) once the balance was paid to 0. I made the payment and a few days later nothing had happened. I called customer service and was advised that a CLI was on its way and to check my account within the next 72 hours.

5 Days later I still saw nothing and called them and the rep advised they do not ever offer a credit increase that way. I was told that the bank makes the decisions who and when they offer CLI's to. Clearly this company has outsourced to a call center to save the company money. When I called in to cancel my card they never even offered an apology for their poor lack of knowledge about the product they represent. I opened my Credit One the same day I opened my Capital One and have already had a credit increase to $2,000 with Capital One. Save yourselves a lot of time and headache and get you a Capital One card.

Credit One Bank Company Information