Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.18/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

2493 Credit One Bank Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 11, 2019

I was really in the negative comments on this site about Credit One, but I have to say I have never had any issues with that and I’ve been with them for about two years. People have to realize they are a small company and although I don’t necessarily agree with some of their fees they have to charge these fees for the company to grow they are not some huge company like Capital One or Chase. One thing people need to realize is they give credit cards to people with bad credit like myself. After my divorce my credit was ruined and nobody would give me a credit card except Credit One.

My only issue is every time I have called customer service it is someone with a heavy accent that I have a hard time understanding but they’ve always been able to handle my problem. They raise my credit limit out once and did not charge me for the increase. It’s only $450 but I came into this card with really really bad credit. Yes they are expensive yes they charge high interest but all this is explained in their terms and conditions. I love how people accept these terms then start blasting the company or year later like it’s the company‘s fault if you don’t like the term’s donuts up the card if you didn’t read the terms that’s your own fault. I’m happy with Credit One.

Original review: April 4, 2019

When I started to rebuild my credit, Credit One was the third card I applied and was approved for. They started me with a decent credit limit - for someone with very limited credit - of $500. After being with them a little over a year now, no missed or late payments, keeping a fairly high utilization rate, paying more than the minimum each month, and then paying it completely off with my taxes in one chunk and then leaving it be for the last month - I signed in today just to check on things, I was surprised to see 2 more offers than normal. Curious, I checked to see what they were and one was for a credit limit increase (which was approved immediately for another $200, raising my limit to $700) and the other was a pre-approved offer for a MasterCard because of my "good behaviour".

I was a little unsure at first, knowing it would be a hard pull (which actually hasn't shown up yet, but we're still less than 24 hours in) and I've worked really hard to get my credit to where it is now (started this credit repair journey around 550 or so and am now at 702 with 14 mixed accounts) I decided to take a chance and submitted my application... Within 30 seconds I was congratulated and approved for an $800 MasterCard! That's up a $1000, for a total of $1500 between both cards! (On a side note - I also got approved for a Discover It card with a $2500 limit - my biggest yet - just prior to this for a total of $4000 in less than 24 hours!) Overall I'm very satisfied with Credit One, and very grateful they took a chance on me when not many others would. So, Thank You Credit One! And to everyone else -YES, I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS CARD - if you're serious about rebuilding your credit responsibly, Credit One can help you achieve that goal! :)

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Just about any time I have had a problem, Credit One bank has fixed it in a timely manner. They also do the right thing before I ever have to ask. Thank you for being available and for being friendly!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Credit One gave me a credit card when no one else would. I admit, their rates are high, but if your credit is bad, what do you expect. If you pay on time, they WILL NOT bother you. I have nothing bad to say about them, because they were there for me. I pay it off every month and now my limit is at 1700. By doing this, the high rates never affect me. So please, STOP! Pay your bills, get your scores up and THEN you can get rid of the card since it's so bad.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I have had two credit cards from Credit One Bank for 3 years now. Yes, I am using it to rebuild my credit, and it's working. I have never had a problem, to date, with any of my cards. I always use the website to make my payments, or I use the App on my phone. I am sorry so many people are having trouble with this company, but like I said before; I have never had an issue. I knew what I was getting into, and I don't like some of their features on the card, but knock on wood, it has been a good experience thus far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Bank?

Original review: May 17, 2019

I’ve had my card for two years and have seen huge discrepancies between the mobile app when it pertains to payments posting and what the balance is etc. when you call customer service to ask why they aren’t able to walk you through your bill or the reasons why payments haven’t posted. I’m paying this off and closing my account ASAP. I got this card to rebuild credit, not to put myself in a credit payment cycle nightmare!

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have had this card for about 3 weeks and I'm already wanting to cancel it. The customer service is good due to never having to be on hold for too long. The issue comes with I decided to pay off my balance in full using their "expedited payment" which only released 100$ then they told me I have to wait 7 day for the rest to release. Well 7 days later they suspend my account and lock up my card for suspicious activity. Which they said my payment (My 1st Payment) was suspicious and I need to mail them a letterhead from my bank with the transaction showing and before that I had to call them 4 times all within an hour because they kept locking my card for "suspicious activity". If you get this car use caution because they will lock your card for every little transaction that you do.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I have two cards with them & have experienced the following issues with Credit One Bank:

* Denied access to card through website; Just days after accepting a solicitation to INCREASE MY CREDIT LIMIT for a fee mind you.
* Being harassed at work regarding such and receiving text alerts saying "Payment Due".
* When speaking to support, no reason is given for denial of access to just information. When I ask to speak with someone within the United States of America, they respond "We don't have that".
* Payment; Credit One immediate payment method cost $9.95; Otherwise, 7 day payment method is free; On occasion, Credit One Bank will withdraw funds later than 7 days.

* Support Rep. asking personal questions such as drivers license number and Facebook ID which seems like phishing activity.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have a Visa and MasterCard with Credit One Bank. Back in August 2018 there was a fraudulent charge. Bank closed the two accounts and re-open two new cards. Then they closed both accounts, restricted access to my account online and every month I call and make payments but I am not getting any proof (by mail statements or being allowed to access account online) that my payments are being put towards the open balance. Since they restricted the two accounts no charges have been made to the account in 10 months but balance on account is not going down. Call every month to make payment and have to go through two or three customer service representatives because they put you on hold "to investigate" and after holding for a crazy long time the representative usually then disconnects the call and I have to call and start back over.

Original review: May 9, 2019

This credit card company is great if your credit is iffy! But keep in mind that if you make your payments on time and have a 540 or better score stay away. Find a better card, they are out there. You have to verify your account payment method if you use the "standard payment" method more than 2 times in any billing cycle. This can force you to pay $5 to make a payment, especially if your minimum payment is due. Also, your payment using the standard method takes 3-4 days to be available for use. They are all about making easy money over the 25 to 30% interest rate.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Got the card because I had bad credit because of separation. After I established my credit again I decided to cancel the card because I had too many cards cards that give me a better interest rates. Call them up trying to cancel card. Waived the membership yearly fee every time I try to cancel my card. Told them to send me a bill in the mail. I have yet to receive a bill in the mail from this company.

Never have told him send me a bill and I will pay off the balance. The only balance I had was the monthly fees. After I call them the first time I called them I took a scissors and I chopped up the card. I chopped the card up over 6 years ago and I finally got them to cancel my card. They got free money but you know what I don't have to deal with this company anymore so $38.01 is worth it to get out of jail free I call it. But after they knocked off all the late charges I had every month cause I didn't receive any bill in the mail ever from this company.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I had both a MasterCard and a Visa thru C1 bank, approx 6 months ago I made 2 payments, from the same account, to pay off both cards. C1 bank accepted both payments and then asked for verification of the account used for the MasterCard account. Keep in mind they asked for verification on JUST the Mastercard account. I attempted to explain to their customer service that it was ok to pay on the Visa with this account but you're asking for verification of this account on the Mastercard. After TOO many calls to customer service and not getting anyone to realize the absurdity, I instructed them to close the account and send me the bill. I proceeded to pay the bill by check and C1 kicked back my payment. I’m through trying to reason with Credit One, do yourself a favor and find another card because any issues will not get solved!

Original review: April 30, 2019

They put a fraud investigation on my card and suspended me from using my card. I called to sort it all out and they need my bank statements and my ID faxed over... I did all they want and they said 7-10 business days and I should have access. It’s been over 20 days now. Still no access. Ugh!

They put a fraud investigation on my card and suspended me from using my card. I called to sort it all out and they need my bank statements and my ID faxed over... I did all they want and they said 7-10 business days and I should have access its been over 20 days now still no access ugh!

Original review: April 28, 2019

I thought I was signing up for a Capital One card but I was duped and they are charging me an annual fee of $75 even though I never received a card. They are clearly pretending to be Capital One and I feel this is illegal.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I was charged twice for a returned credit. I was given a temporary credit of $248 which was reversed because Credit One determined I was at fault. This is a lie and I was given one option: file a police report. Now I’m being overcharged and I now have a balance of $566. Credit One is refusing to reverse this, I’m literally being robbed. DONT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS ENTITY.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I got my first unsecured credit card with Credit One Bank. For the first couple of months everything was fine. I paid my balance off in full. When I tried using the card they had suspended it. When I called they told me I have to send them my information in the mail. They also suspended access to my account where I can't even make online payments. I will never send payments through the mail so I now have late fees and derogatory remarks on the account. I honestly got so frustrated I let the account go delinquent. I plan on paying it off but they make it near impossible to do so. I don't recommend anyone get this card! They have no problem taking your money and then closing your account!

Original review: April 26, 2019

It's funny when you owe the bank money and you don't pay it in time, they go running to the credit bureaus, they charge you a late fee. But when they owe you money back THEY TAKE THEIR SWEET ** TIME PAYING YOU BACK. WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? PAYBACK IS A BITCH!

Original review: April 25, 2019

My wife and I have 3 of their cards and use them sparingly, we prefer to use Capital One cards. In March of 2018 I did use their card and needed to dispute a car rental for $449.63, they made me jump through a bunch of hoops as though I was the criminal and they still haven't refunded my money! I had to write a complaint to which they responded with phone numbers to reach them and the numbers aren't even valid! The letter they sent me with the wrong numbers also stated that they needed the following information and the information that they needed was left blank. I have tried numerous times to contact them and only get someone in the Philippines who I can't understand, I should have used my Capital One card or my Discover card, needless to say... I will be getting rid of all 3 of their cards and suggest to all of you out there... STAY AWAY FROM CREDIT ONE CARDS!!!!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I actually have two Credit One credit card. I have been a long-time customer. When they are logged in to pay the bill on them and I noticed one of my accounts was no longer linked. I called them and they said my account was locked and they wouldn’t tell me why. To verify my account they asked me questions like how long have I had an account and what day is my statement Is due. Well I don’t really know the answers to those questions because I do everything online so now they want me to mail a copy of my driver's license and a copy of my paper statement. They didn’t even tell me what address to send it to. As soon as I get this sorted out I will be canceling both accounts.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Credit One cards are a rip off. I pay so much on them monthly but still my credit limit isn't going up?? Where is my money going. It seems the money I pay is going somewhere else. I'm not happy with their cards at all.

Original review: April 20, 2019

Unsafe and data issues with no authentication and compliance failure. Maybe not regulated in the Philippines. Be cautious and do not call the number on the back of the card. I have my phone call recorded and it is unsafe to operate with this company. I have had a card for a year and never had a problem paying or accessing my online account. Until I had made a payment that wasn't even due for 5.00 and on the same day my bank notified me of fraud and stopped my debit card to protect my information. I called and let the Credit One rep. know of situation and they said, "No problem. Thanks for calling."

I got my card a week later for my bank to pay and come to find out my account has been closed and no one will give me access to a bill or send me a bill to verify amount. They want me to wire them money or give them my information over the phone. The rep mentioned that they would provide me with a confirmation number but I cannot confirm the location of where it is sent to due to no access online or a phone number in the U.S. to call and speak to someone who can verify a employee number or a phone line that is secured.

This is horrible and very concerning not only for me but maybe the people who have had their personal information leaked out. We have to mandate and get compliance on board in order to abide by federal regulations. Who can I speak to about this matter? I can't verify amount owed nor will they send me anything unless I pay them over the phone or Western Union them. My credit is in the hands of the unknown. Please contact me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Have had the card for a couple of years with very little use of the card on my end. The only card I have that charges a monthly fee. When their mobile app changed I could not log on to pay these fees. They did not mail bill either. They do not send invoices but turn you in to credit burrow. There was NOT any charges on this card for over 1 yr on my end. Don’t get caught up with this outfit!!!! This institution is a scam!!!!

Original review: April 16, 2019

Credit One Bank defrauds its customers. Credit One Bank defrauds its customers more than any company I have ever come in contact with. Not only do they misappropriate your payments to accounts not currently open in your name, but they allow fraudulent charges to your account with no help to remove them. They charge you interest on top of those fraudulent charges, and even block access to your account. When you write to file a complaint, you are forced to do it on their social media sites, since they do not respond to any email correspondence. When you voice your opinion online, they block your comments. Their reviews speak for themselves.

This company cannot be trusted. Their CEO Robert DeJong should step down, or else there will be lawsuits coming his way for all the customers they prey on. Currently I have a $2500 payment that they have not credited to my account, yet they drafted from my bank account immediately. My card is blocked and I have no access to view it, and they have not resolved nearly $400 in fraudulent charges from 4 months ago. This is a BAD company to do business with.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I've had a credit card with Credit One for about 2 years now. I've only been late with a payment one time. They called me for several days all day long!! Then they charged me a late fee after the fact they had received my payment exactly on my due date. They gave me the excuse that I was charged a late fee because of the time my payment was received. Entrance rates are high and they charge you 8.95 each month. I cannot wait to pay off this card and never use it again!!

Original review: April 15, 2019

I applied for this card about 2 years ago just to up my credit score. Up until December 2018 I had no problems with this card and was even given a few credit line increases. But alas, in Dec of 2018 my card was compromised {stolen}. A bunch of online unauthorized purchases occurred, I contacted their credit card fraud dept and was told that they would investigate the fraudulent charges and in 90 days a decision would be made and I would not be held liable. 115 days later they closed the case and are holding me accountable for these fraudulent charges. I was told I needed to file an official police report and they would send me the transactions from Dec 2018 to present. They did send me transactions but only for the month of March 2019.

They also sent me another person's fraud claim stating that they too would be held liable for fraudulent purchases. They are a very disorganized and a dishonest company and to me it appears they will always side with the big companies rather than the customer. So if you decide to be part of their consumers, I highly recommend DO NOT do it. It is not worth the monthly fee and if your account is compromised they will not side with you but rather the company that claims you did make the purchases regardless of facts.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I have received literally up to 30 calls per day from various phone numbers associated with Credit One Bank starting as early as 8 am. I have spoken with representatives regarding the calls and they are still calling continuously. I have NEVER been harassed by a company before in my life until now. Now due to the harassing calls I'm considering closing my account with this company.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Applied for the card on 3/19/2019, as of 4/9/2019, I still have NOT received the card. Spoke with over 10 representatives that assured the card was sent or that they rectified the problem. My terms and conditions state that I should expect a $39 annual fee for the card, which today I was told is actually $70. It's really disheartening how corporations such as this lack of integrity in the way they handle business, particularly with those building or rebuilding credit. It's becoming more common that these enterprises are exploiting those who are trying to get things right or back on track, for their corporate gain, and unfortunately, the government is in support, as they are LEGALLY allowed to include clauses that waive your right to arbitration. The FBI should be investigating companies like THIS, on a regular basis.

Original review: April 8, 2019

They have a similar logo to Capital One and that's the company I thought I originally applied with. That stupidity is on me. I requested and confirmed the closing of this account on March 25th. I received email that account is closed on March 26th. On April 7th I get an email from this company that they made 2 small deposits into my bank account and I need to contact my bank then verify it with Credit One. This is why I closed my account. I told them they can't access my account when I did not request automatic payment option. So now I have to close my bank account and get a new number because of these idiots. I'm reporting them to my states Attorney General office but they probably will not do anything, but they should.

They are a predator lender. The day I closed my account, Me speaking, "I need to pay off my balance in full today and close my account." Customer Service Rep, "Okay, how much would you like to pay towards your balance today?" Me, "Are you kidding me, did you not hear what I just said?" Rep, "Okay. I will process it and give you confirmation number of closing authorization, also if you receive a statement with a balance after you pay off your account, ignore it." I can't make this up people. This is what I walked into. They never will leave you alone. They are like the bank of the undead. Can they legally access a bank account without authorization after you legally paid balance and full and legally closed account? Have you ever heard of a credit card company putting small deposits into your bank account? It's crazy and I hope the feds shut these criminals down.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have had 2 of the cards for around 3 years, paid my balance every month, never carried over a balance. Only twice have I had credit line increased and they charge you 24.99 to up your credit line app $250.00. I finally got tired of paying the monthly annual fee on 2 cards that I never use anyway and it took me an hour and 4 transfers before I actually was able to close both the cards. They do not take no for an answer, they will transfer you around, make you wait app 15 mins each time and I guess they hope you will just hang up. This company is nothing more than a scam, the owners should be in prison. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Credit One Bank is an awful credit card, annual fee billed monthly, customer service is horrible, numerous calls (and no my payments weren't late) and they actually give you a hard time when you want to pay your card off, and don't even think about making more than one payment a month, they will freeze your payment and make you verify your account all over again just so they can get the extra finance charges. Stay away!!

Credit One Bank Company Information