Credit One Bank

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have used Credit One for almost five years and despite minor issues I have never had a problem until now. Their website's log in expires every 30 days (a serious flaw) and you have to re-set your online log-in/password every time (using your credit card numbers). I misplaced my credit card right before a European trip and I called to let them know that I couldn't find my card to pay my credit card. I asked them to grant me an extension and re-send the card. Total nightmare. I kept receiving harassing phone calls for payment. When I called again to tell them that I thought an extension had been granted and that I was waiting for the card, they had no record of it in their system. This happened three times. As a result my payment was delayed by over 30 days.

This was the first time in my 5 year history with them that I was that delinquent. They reported me to my credit agency!! Despite calling them every week and checking on the status of my card and letting them know that I would send payment as soon as I received it. I even paid the balance in full once I got the card. I am now currently on the phone with them demanding to know why my loyalty of five years meant nothing to them. I am closing this card. I can't deal with the crap they pull anymore. I'd rather take a closure on my credit history then give them my business.

I've only been on the first page of the reviews about Credit One bank, but I sure wish that I read before signing up because if I had I would not have. My experience is not as bad as most, as I canceled my card after making my first payment. I received my card and was able to use it just fine, but when it came time to make a payment things went south quickly.

This bank offers two options to make the payment online, an express option for $9.95 and a regular payment option. The express payment option was supposed to make all funds available the next business day whereas the regular option would result in funds being available in 5 business days. The express option could be paid using a checking account or credit/debit card. The regular option could only be paid via checking account. Something about the express payment option was strange and screamed of a money grab by the bank, especially since my Capitol One card could be paid using my bank account and the funds were available the next business day, for free. I planned to use the card in 3 business days, so I chose the express payment option anyway. Their online payment process was clunky and frustrating but after about 20 minutes I was able to get the payment to go through.

I go to check my balance on the second business day and only the first $100 of my balance was available even though I paid my entire balance off. I called their support line to see why this was and was told that since I made the payment using my bank account they could only make the first $100 available and they needed to verify funds for the rest of my payment before making the rest of my credit line available. This was not explained on their website, and I told the support staff that but there was apparently nothing they could do.

This whole payment experience was problematic and frustrating, and I wanted nothing to do with this bank any longer so I asked to have my express payment fee refunded and my account closed. I was transferred to an account specialist to accomplish this. I had to go through the entire conversation again with the account specialist, and a few minutes after he acknowledged that I wished to have my account closed he was still trying to explain their policies that I had already understood and kept talking over me after I kept asking for the express payment refund and to have my account closed. I finally raised my voice just a bit since it was clearly apparent that he was not listening and asked him to listen. Again he cut me off and hurriedly told my that my account was now closed and I will receive a credit for the express payment fee. Immediately after he hung up on me.

I called back to talk to a manager because I wanted to confirm that my account was closed and since the account was closed ask how they were going to credit the express payment fee back to me, and of course to file a complaint. I was forwarded to a supervisor who confirmed that my account was closed and that they will send the credit for the express payment via check. When I asked if it is acceptable for their agents to speak over their customers or to hang up on them, of course the response was no. However, the reviews here indicate otherwise. Please do yourself a favor and avoid the frustration. Avoid Credit One Bank.

I often try to pay my bills online using their website. It is often down and you'll receive a message that reads, "Technical difficulties" or something along those lines. I tried so often one time, that by the time I was successful, the payment was late and it was entered as late on my credit report. I called them and they said they would correct it. As of today, it is still entered as late on my credit report. I have 8 other credit cards that have a perfect payment record. I used this credit card to re-establish credit after my divorce. I'm going to continue to use this card, but I have something up my sleeve where I will use them and it will cost me little to nothing.

I went to check my bank account and all my money was gone. Credit One took a payment out for the entire balance, with an express payment (9.95) no less. Trying to get someone to help me was impossible. I called 4 times and got different people with different answers, which none were of any help. I finally just borrow the money to get me through and told them to just cancel the card, which they didn't. I had to call back again and have that done. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS CARD - THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND ACT LIKE YOU MADE A PAYMENT. Why would I clean out my bank account and give them all my money and my rent money. I see from other reviews they have done this to others. Beware!!!

I had a fraudulent charge on my credit card. Called and spoke to offshore rep, they wouldn't remove immediately, pending a 7 to 10 day investigation. He was to block the card and send me another. 5 days later I call to check the status and nothing was done. They claimed there was a discrepancy with the call. Fraudulent charge went from pending to posted. Escalated to manager, senior manager, and finally was transferred to the corporate office in Las Vegas. Las Vegas rep was actually in Las Vegas and very helpful. This was after 50 minutes of being transferred, but nonetheless, very helpful. The representative in the corporate office was nice and polite and understood how frustrated I was.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit One Bank?

If you are like me and pay off your credit card every month - you will still be charged interest here! Any transaction is subject to daily interest charges. We opened this to use at Costco only and I recently found out I was being charged interest even though I was paying it off right away! In a month I did not use it? I was charged an "annual fee" that is billed monthly (???) and the interest for that annual fee! DO NOT OPEN or CANCEL YOUR CURRENT CARD! Customer service was a joke. Couldn't explain it. (That's because it doesn't make sense.)

Found out someone used my credit info to obtain Credit One Bank credit card. It was late many time I found out when checking my credit report I contacted them. Some person from INDIA was on the line told them it's not mine someone used my name and info to obtain the card and I did not live in Tucson AZ, I live in Phoenix. They said they will send me a fraud application, did not receive one. I called them again and told them I never opened this card and asked for the charges. Never received them then. I told them, "If you look on my credit report I have never been late in any of my payments and why would I take out a 1000 dollar card with high interest rate I have credit of 11,000 on my other card?" No help and now trying to get it off my report.

This was my first credit card. I warn everyone, don't even use this company. Just build your credit with someone else. I have trying to check on my account for 3 days and I get a pop up that I temporarily don't have access to my account. I wonder why??? Probably because I am very close to paying them off. I have been making two or one substantial payments monthly. I set up to have a payment made a month ago and they took it and then threw it back in my bank account. I assume because I was paying way over my minimum pay where they really cannot charge interest much since I'm catching up to zero balance.

They are not even up to date on their website, Credit One does not allow you to do auto pay and it's hard to maneuver easily to where you want to go on the site. They want you to be late and get a penalty. Screw them, don't use them. Also, I been with them for four years and my credit amount really haven't raised to bottom. I now have Amex and Citi who have 10 times raised my credit limit. What's up with that. Screw Credit One. They get a zero.

Credit One Bank is a predatory bank that accepts clients with poor credit or clients who are in the process of rebuilding. Their initial offer is a $300 credit limit with an immediate $100 fee, meaning your credit card only has a $200 limit until it is paid in full. I understand low credit limits, but $200? However, that isn't what bothers me about Credit One. They are factually dishonest and unethical. Read a few reviews concerning their online bill pay option. A large percentage of people cannot use this feature.

In fact, if you try to create an account on their website, you will be asked to re-enter your information again, and again, and again... It never works. Credit One is well aware of this issue, and it is planned dysfunction on their part. They know that if a client is unable to pay his or her bill online, then he or she will be forced to pay through the mail, as their phone systems are similarly problematic. Meanwhile, a client will be overwhelmed with late fees and other charges all because of their non-working website.

With that said, that isn't even the worst of it. Even a week or two before your minimum payment is due, you will receive nonstop, harassing phone calls every day from random numbers. They will "Never" leave a voice message, and if you block a number, they have a near-infinite collection of other numbers they can use to reach you. They will call at 5:00 AM, 11:30 PM, it doesn't matter. If you answer, you will be berated and spoken down to like a little kid being sent for a time out. It is humiliating.

I refuse to pay my $200 balance. Why? 1) It is "Impossible" to do so online. Clients cannot make an account, no matter what they try. It is purposefully dysfunctional. 2) The harassing phone calls never stop, and they are completely inappropriate. I'm not a criminal and these guys aren't parole officers. 3) They take advantage of the poor and only make things worse for them. If they were even slightly more honest about what they do, I would have no problem paying off my card. They simply won't admit that they force people to pay through the mail or over the phone, which is unsafe and risky, as Credit One will often "Lose" payments. Bottom line, even in a desperate situation, I would strongly reconsider their offer. Do you really want to sell your soul for $200? It's not worth it.

I should have reviewed this bank before opening an account with them. They are thieves. I tried closing my account with them. I had my account paid off for two months. I log in and there is a fee. There was no balance to base a fee off of. I call them to close the account. I could barely understand the 3 people I spoke with. I told them over and over again to just close my account since you cannot do it online.

The last guy just kept offering to refund all my fees, etc to my account. I kept saying over and over again still to close my account. I don't want my fee funded back to my account, I want it closed. He said he could not close it as there was a $1.16 balance. A fee charge. I immediately paid that fee and told him as I was doing so to close my account. They just could not get it through their stupid little heads. CLOSE the account. Geez. I just logged in and it is still showing as open with a -$.10 balance. WHAT??? Does anyone have any idea on how to close this account? Do yourselves a favor -- DO NOT USE THIS BANK.

I just got the card last month April 2017 and I'm already having a problem with them. Let me first start off saying that I did get the card okay and paid the 75 dollar annual fee. I had a credit line of $300. I went to pay my bill online in the month of May which was $25 dollars, which I had no problem paying. Then it takes 5 days to post. Who waits 5 days to post payment when it is ACH. That sound fishy. So, I waited and it hit on the 5th day so, I was not going to use it all.

The next day my son get sick so I had to use some of it to get him some meds and when I get the register it declines. I get on the app and what the heck is the problem and my card says it is over the credit limit and in the negative 6 dollars. How is this when I just paid my bill a week ago. Another thing that sound fishy. So I call them up and they said that my payment has came back returned so I go to my bank and see what the heck is the problem and they said it went through and everything is fine on their end. So I ended up going to my bank and disputing the transaction since they claim it came back returned. Then I call them again and tell what is going on and they refund me my 25 dollars so I said okay.

I go out the next day to use it and my card declines twice and third time it approves it. The first 2 times it declined not sure why when, I had available credit on there. I call and they said that their systems was down. And to wait an hour. I go to the store an hour later and purchase my things. It was approved the third time. So I call them to see what the heck happened to my money and they said I used it all. I said "no I didn't" when my card declined twice. They claim that it was approved twice and declined only once. So this is the second time they stole my money. I was sitting here screaming and hollering at them because they stole money from me. So they told me it was Family Dollar's fault and not theirs. How is it Family Dollar's fault when their machine said declined.

So I get off the phone with them and go and check the app again. This time they took the last little bit that I had on the card. I'm not going to call because they will claim that they didn't do anything with my money. But I did call them and tell them to close my account and card. And not to send me a bill or anything because "you guys will not see any more money from me". And I will contact my lawyer. Everybody that they connect you with can't speak English. They are nothing but money hungry and they will get down on you.

I received Credit One platinum card in the mail, when I called the number in the back of it to activate! I was transferred to customer service. After answering some verification questions I was informed that I had to mail in a copy of my driver license, SSN and a utility bill to some PO Box in Las Vegas, I found that to be sketchy. I hang up the phone and spoke to someone else that told me my account was under review for fraud. I was transferred to a fraud specialist that asked me additional verification questions. Then told me that another specialist would call me in 24 to 48 hrs this time.

On the 2nd day, another guy called and gave me a fax number ** to fax my documents. Couple days later I called again to see how far they had gone with the process since I had faxed the paperwork as needed. Keep in mind I am now spending money to Uber myself to Kinko’s to make copies and fax them which cost $2.25 a page for long distance. I called a couple more days later getting different stories and finally a lady told me my card was activated and ready for use. I walked to a local store to test it out, got stuff worth $22 and card declined in front of my new girlfriend’s embarrassment. I went outside the store and called them again and this time I was told my card was still under review after the other lady had told me it was activated. I was furious and asked them to cancel it. At this time the fees are deducted $94 and I haven't even used the card. THIS CREDIT ONE BANK IS A NIGHTMARE.

I have had a card with this company for around a year. I have made all my payments on time except 2. That I have paid in full. When the second payment "bounced", they shut down my account with no notice. I paid the account 4 weeks later to a zero balance, with assurance that the money would be available at the beginning of the week. I called Monday when the card was rejected at the store and then they informed me they terminated my account, and that it would never be reactivated. So now I am left with no way to pay any bills. I'm glad I am done with this company. Everything you do has a fee. If you have a change balance on your account by the end of the day they take it, rounding it down to an even dollar amount. Yeah, keep the change guys.

Credit One has to be the worst bank ever. Never, ever in life will I ever use them again. From scamming me out of $9.95 a month to make a payment to their stupid app never working or website, I've never seen business done this way. I will strongly suggest that anyone looking to help rebuild their credit don't use Credit One. Very bad experience.

This is the worst bank I've ever used for a credit card. I used my card in another town before vacation so they decided to freeze my account without any notice. I get alerts on my phone for credit card due dates but since it was frozen the card was taken off the account. I received a credit score check and it dropped 70 points due to being late. I called and spoke to someone who I could barely understand and they said it was a mistake and they would lift the fraud and late payment status.

It's been two months now and I am in the process of disputing this problem. I called for a letter saying that there was no late fee due to fraud like they had promised and now they can't help me. I try to speak to supervisors but I'm just on hold forever. Customer service is horrible and if they make a mistake it's still your fault. They just want money to help pay their electric! DON'T APPLY FOR ANYTHING THAT SAYS CREDIT ONE BANK!

Maintained an account for several years because I am a dummy. High interest rates, high annual fee (charged monthly), and remarkably/intentionally, poor customer service. I closed the account today after making the decision that this card wasn't worth the trouble and certainly not worth a monthly $9 fee to keep it open. It took four different transfers to four different associates. The customer service people were unhelpful, refused to answer questions. And although I expressly asked for the account to be closed and requested confirmation, I am not sure that either will actually happen since the person I spoke to hung up on me while I was asking for email confirmation. They also tried to charge me around $8 to process a payment. The idea is to make the process as difficult as possible in hopes that you will give up.

These are obviously outsourced jobs (I talked to a woman with a strong enough accent named "Mitch"), and you can't blame the people for doing what they are told to do. But I strongly recommend you take your business elsewhere. If you do maintain an account with this crappy company, call them and negotiate interest rates, annual fees, other charges. They try to slip things by you (processing fees and what-not) that you really should not be paying for. Boooo Credit One.

One day I get a letter in the mail from Credit One such as "pre-approved! sign up now" or along those lines so I do, get approved for $500 credit line. That's all great for me who I currently have one credit card with my bank. Well everything goes smoothly. They send you your nice silver Credit One Credit card in the mail, step by step instructions on how to set up your online account and boom! You're in. Well I decide to put a couple of small purchases in the total amount of about $150 - no big deal. Well I decide to set it up which they have instructions and also which I've done with other company that bill me, to have an bill payments directly from my bank account. Sure enough I follow the steps, Credit One bank says everything's up to date. I start paying off that small purchase (2 payments a week apart). And think everything is going smoothly.

Fast Forward about 2 weeks when I try to log in to my Credit One account to look it over, and I can't log in. Hmmmm that's strange. Call the customer service hotline and I get someone who can barely speak English on the line (keep in mind I am myself a minority so we'll end that conversation there) and they tell me "due to payments not being met we close your account". I go on and ask how can that be. I put all my banking info in there and it told me I was good to go. Then the person tells me "well you need to go to your bank get a bank approval form and mail it to us." Keep in mind I work in a fast pace small business office and work from 630am-6pm Monday through Friday. I'm upset because now they want me to go take time out of my day that I don't have a lot of and do this for them with no warning.

Well in a rude way the customer service rep says "well you got warnings letters sent out to you". I said "ok when did you send those out" and the reply... "Yesterday"... Angry I said "so you sent out a warning via mail that you were closing my account yesterday which mail takes 3-5 days to get that. My account will be closing." After that the Service Rep didn't know how to respond and had to get their supervisor on the phone and I ask "Well can you just re-open my online account? I'll pay with my debit card or other credit card and we'll be all set." NOPE! I have to go to my bank to go get the Bank Approval form and mail to have my account reopened online to make any type of payment...

DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THIS COMPANY!!! Even if you make your payments online it takes 5 days to go through! Unless you pay to make a payment for express pay. I'm pretty sure this company is just trying to get all these people to sign up with them to screw them over with their credit later. Learn from me and STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

I have had this card for over 7 years and I am still paying for it. I try to pay a little more than the minimum but with all the fees they charge my account never seems to go down. Not to mention the fact that if you pay after 8 p.m. on your due date they charge you a $35 late fee. I work during the day and sometimes can't log on until later in the day but if I pay it on the due date what difference does it make if it is after 8. The day does not end until midnight. I am going to pay this card off and tell them to kick rocks. And forget about calling their customer service/no service line. You can never speak to anyone in the U.S. and the language barrier is ridiculous. THEY ARE THE WORST EVER!!!

I am working overseas for 1/2 a year so I cannot send in a snail mail check payment. I called 5 times and all numbers (toll free and charged number) says their phone system is being overhauled so pay online. I go to pay online at www.creditonebank.com and I cannot even pay online!!! I wanted to pay in full today. Now I will get all kind of fees!! This is insane. What kind of bank shuts down all operations??? Now I am very scared. No accredited bank shuts down all communications with their customers and the public!! What kind of outrageous fees I will encounter scares me.

I wish I read all the reviews about Credit One Bank before I sign up for my card. I tried paying my bill every month on time but because of their hidden fees and high interest rates my account keeps going negative. No matter how much I pay into the account it never posted in full because they deducted from it hidden charges and interests. I am ready to pay off this card before they make me go into bankruptcy. I am really regretting. Readers BEWARE!!!!

I received the card ok. No problem. I've been trying to get my credit score upgraded ok. When trying to set up an account it's a no go. I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE HAD THIS ISSUE. Their tech/IT department does not call back. And when calling in the customer department is not even in this country. The supervisor was the only one that helped me. And a 9.00 fee to express your payment. What the heck. Oh sorry you can only make one payment a month. They will not accept and additional payment. So you don't want my money. I wanted to pay my bill in full... ok. Did that with a charge of 9.00 plus it still took 3 days to credit my account. The money goes to India.

I received an alert that Credit One did a credit inquiry on me for a card application. Only I had not applied for one. I called them and they refused to give me the thief's email address stating it was against their policy to give out protected information. Yet the thief had all my information including name, address, phone number, date of birth and even my Social Security Number. I think their policy protects the thief and needs to be changed. We victims deserve to know who is trying to rob us so we can pursue legal action! Until these ID thefts are taken more seriously, they are never going to stop.

Between my wife and I we have 3 separate credit cards with them. I tried making the monthly payment on 1 of mine and on hers today. It states that they needed banking info updated. First, they couldn't tell me when they made the so-called small deposit. After going back thru bank statement I found 4 small deposits prior to when they said were made. I updated the banking information. Got a message from them, "Your banking information is now up to date." I still can't make the monthly payment, because it keeps asking me to update the banking info on 2 of the 3 credit cards; the 3rd has a zero balance. I called these folks and was on hold for 10 minutes; I asked to speak to a supervisor was on hold for another 20 minutes. I get another individual that you can't understand because of the thick accent.

I can't pay my bill, the bill is due tomorrow. I have wasted my time, have gotten very upset that they don't have anyone that speaks my dialect clearly so that I can understand them. This place is a joke; they need to get their computer programs repaired so that when a person does make an update their program which accepts the updates and verity's updates have been made work. They really need to try and hire some American workers to help out on the phone that a person from the United States can understand.

They offer you a credit line increase - for a fee (none of my other cards do this). Their minimum payment is high (I have another card with more than twice the balance and the payment is lower). Then there's the annual fee. I just transferred the balance to two other cards, it'll save me some money each month. Right now I'm trying to close the account but it's hard to understand someone whose first language isn't English and I can't even get through to an account specialist.

I've had my card paid off for a year and recently the company started charging the annual fee prorated monthly without notice. I missed the due date so they charged a late fee on top of it. Since there is NO AUTOPAY option on the site, which I use for these kinds of situations on other old unused cards I keep for credit score purposes, I'm not able to cover these newly recurring charges comfortably. I am not happy that this company is obviously trying to milk longstanding, reliable customers. As soon as my other card accounts age sufficiently, I will close this account.

I have tried many, many, many times to set up my account online so I can view my account information, pay my bill etc. After trying to do this I keep getting a message stating my username and password don't match. I know I am not entering the wrong information 25+ times, at least. I called customer service and they can't help me set up an online account. They said tech support would call me within 24 hours... never happened. All I want to do is set up an online account... how hard can that be??? I have many accounts set up online for all my bills... this is the only one I have problems with!!!

I paid my account out in full last month. I called Credit One to cancel the card after I had paid the bill in full. The very next month I get a bill for $45.00 to maintain the credit card. I again called and asked that the account be closed. The very next month after that I received yet another bill with a 25 late fee making a balance now of $70. I was on the phone for almost an hour with 2 reps. The 1st one hung up on me.

The 2nd Ms. ** acted like she tried to help. After being on the phone for yet another 35 minutes or so Ms. ** came back to the phone and acted as though she could not hear me and asked that I call her back, then she hung up on me. She was snickering in the background thinking she had done a good deed. I immediately called back and got a recording that the office was now closed. Shame on Credit One for hiring such idiots... Such nonprofessional rude people. After such brutal treatment from 2 very rude nonprofessionals I will most definitely not do business in the future with Credit One.

Never ever open an account with Credit One. Use of the last 4 # of my SS card was allowed, giving someone (not me) access to having new cards sent to their address in Miami, with new email address, just quick as a wink for the "imposter" to get cards and charge charge charge, plus remember, when you go paperless, you really have NO proof of what is happening to your account! Now the fraud dept. access is continually circumvented for me, as in put on hold for 40 minutes, the last time I tried, so what to do? Credit One has already posted to my TransUnion Credit Bureau account, that I owe about 2 thousand dollars (the amount the "imposter" charged) and they have no solution to that issue? Will now go to the Federal Level, as nothing else works! Open an account with them at your peril. You will be regretting for a long time. Caution! Can cause hypertension!

Made a payment on 4/2/2017 it's now 4/7/2017 to pay my acct off, they tell me I can't and will have to call back next month because I already made a payment this month. I already made payments on my other cards with different companies. Called back and paid them off the same month but you can't? Then just before they hung up on me and had to call back and to see if I could post date the payment and they said no and have to call back, again hung up on me both times they said "God bless you" WTF? Are you kidding me???

These people are still calling 15 times a day and I decided to turn get a lawyer because of all the harassing phone calls. I do not care if my bill was due 2 months ago. This is when the harassing phone calls started was 2 months ago and my bill was NOT even due yet. Then you call me today at exactly 9 am from a different phone number and you have the nerve to ask me for my checking account number... Are you guys that ** stupid??? Stop with the robo phone calls and debt collectors and lying to your customers and just maybe will you get some money. Until you stop with the harassing phone calls... You will not see a dime from me, because I am suing your asses for harassing phone calls. DO NOT USE THIS CARD, because the first time you use it is when the ROBO calls start and debt collections start. The bill was NOT EVEN DUE yet!!!

Credit One Bank Company Profile