1.21/5

Looking for a great Credit Card?

Capital One

Capital One has credit cards to help you earn points to use towards major purchases, including travel. Read reviews for Capital One Venture to learn about travel rewards.

View More View More

4180 Capital One Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

I just had to wait today, July-20-2018 for 1.5 hours (one and half hours) for someone to answer the phone. This and that: they rarely increase your credit limit, I have an excellent credit limit, but gets very low limit from Capital One. I do not suggest to get any service from Capital One.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Can't understand a lick of what the reps are saying and overall just plain having this card is useless! They charge an excessive amount of fees and they hardly ever raise limits even for long time customers. Capital One should be ashamed of themselves! With all their bad practices and complaints I'm still trying to figure out why this company is still in business!!

Original review: July 17, 2018

If you forgot password they make you enter your name, SS, DOB, then answer 3 background questions, all of which I passed. Then it says it will contact you via email or text or phone call, but they haven't done either. I tried calling but gave up after 20 minute hold. What have I just stepped into?

Original review: July 17, 2018

I received my Captial One Credit Card bill and noticed I was charge 20 percent interest on my purchases. I called their Customer Service, after trying to find someone who actually knew how to speak English I could understand I was told this is their new policy. I cut my cards up and sent them back.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Credit Karma suggested that I apply for a Capital One secured credit card which I did and they took the security deposit out my account. The next day I called and they stated that it takes 10 days to post to my account. That was the 26th of June and I called back on the 5th of July to see if it posted. They stated that the clearing house hadn't released the payment. Now it's the 16th of July and they can't find my payment and don't know where my money is. I withdrew my application and they still don't know what's going on. The customer service sucks because on don't know what the other is doing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One?

Original review: July 15, 2018

I applied for the Capital One credit card as a suggestion from Credit Karma to rebuild my credit. My issue is why suggest a card that could help with my low score but penalize you for using the card! Then they constantly change your score up 20 points down 6 then up again. They hit you with a hard inquiry after they suggest you to apply??? You're given a credit limit based off your deposit yet if you use anywhere near your limit it affects your credit score??? I've had the card for months now and never missed a payment, pay before the due date in full. I'm new to this whole credit card world and I don't understand the purpose of having a card that you get penalized for using. I've read I may be eligible for a credit increase after a good payment history, why would I need a higher limit I can't use??? Makes no sense. If I can only use $40 dollars of a $200 limit why would I want to increase. (I know, utilization.)

Original review: July 14, 2018

I informed Capital One Quicksilver about my one-year sabbatical stint overseas. They noted that and for a couple of months, it was great to have a credit card that does not charge foreign transaction fees. Then they froze and restricted my credit card usage without telling me until I could not use my Visa Quicksilver at the local vendors, I called up and discovered that they were doing it because of possible fraud. I gave all my personal information as is usually required including my DOB, SSN etc. That was not enough. They asked that I send the original social security card (1st time I have been asked to do that) and a proof of address. I did and a couple of weeks later, (after a 2nd overseas call) that those documents were not enough. They wanted a bank statement - I dutifully sent it.

After some days, I called again, this 3rd time, they said they wanted my driver's license which I sent. Then later they said, they wanted both front and back of my DL. To date, I have not heard from them. This indiscriminate freezing of members' credit card (for me overseas) is totally unwarranted especially after calling them so many times. I have a perfect record of paying my monthly bills (maybe that is the reason). I have a great credit score. Can they not be more discerning about who is a great customer and who is not - instead of blanketing everyone in their dragnet - almost like the TSA checking babies and grandmothers!

Original review: July 12, 2018

Capital One just denied me for a new credit card with them, even though I've had a different Capital One credit card for over 20 years now and have a top tier credit score. Additionally my assets are high, my debt to equity ratio is extremely low and I have never made a late payment in my life. I also pay off all my credit cards in full every month and always have.

I applied online for this new card and the letter they emailed me said that I had opened up too many new credit card accounts in the past 2 years. This is a pathetic, computer driven reason and is WRONG HEADED!!! If Capital One reviewed my 38 year financial history properly with a human review and not a computer they would have approved me in five minutes. Now Capital One has forever lost a good customer. AVOID CAPITAL ONE - there are plenty of other banks in this country and world.

Original review: July 11, 2018

TL; DR summary: customer service impossible to contact, inconsistent from one agent to the next. Not willing to listen to you or trust you. Makes decisions for you without your permission and threatens you. And that's when they pick up your call, after hours on hold. After having one credit card (the first one) from Capital One and using it for no problems for 2.5 years, I decided to apply for a second one. Right around this time, they switched their online banking system (summertime 2017 in Canada), and I needed to re-register for an account. Their automated online registration wouldn't approve me, and I got directed to live chat. The live chat agent told me I needed to call, so I did. After four separate calls and waiting as long as 1.5 hours one time WITHOUT EVER REACHING AN AGENT, I gave up. I stopped using my first credit card, let it expire, and never activated my second card.

Fast forward one year later to July 2018 (the current date of writing this review), I was told by a friend that I should still call to fully cancel both cards. So I do. I call the general account services line, get a representative, she verifies my info (phone number, DOB, etc) and says she needs to transfer me to an account specialist to fully close my account. I thought that was strange, since I wasn't asking her to do anything highly technical or uncommon, but I went with it.

The next person that answers introduces himself as the fraud and security department, which made me a little alarmed. There's a clear difference between "account specialist" and "fraud and security". But fine, I went with it. He asked for my phone number, I gave him the same one I gave to the first agent, and he said it was incorrect. He asked for another phone number and I told him I didn't know what to say, I only have one number I leave for banking. Especially when the first agent already accepted the number I gave her. I tried a few, the one he accepted was an outdated 5-year-old house number. I've only been with Capital One 2.5 years, so I started getting more suspicious.

At this point, the fraud specialist started becoming very rude. He said that I didn't pick up phone calls regarding the second credit card and I said of course not, because you guys had an outdated number. I told him that a previous agent had already verified the correct phone number, but he ignored me. He continued to ask for my personal info and there was just something in his voice that made me not trust him. He was talking down to me, the inflection in his voice, the way he would say "is there a reason for that?" or "how do you explain that?" He got to my address and I said I wanted to explain my situation to him before answering any of his other questions. He sighed, said "Okay" impatiently. I explain it to him (why I stopped using my first card and never activated my second one), and asked him if it was even necessary to cancel, if I could just let it sit as I had been doing. I truly didn't want to keep speaking to him.

His first response: "Your question doesn't answer my question." Why would my question answer his? Why would I ask him a question in the first place? His second response: "I can't answer any of your questions until you answer mine." That's all he said - never said sorry, never explained he needed to be sure he was speaking to the account holder (the question I asked him was a general question, too; does someone in my case need to do this or not? It wasn't even about my specific account anymore, so he absolutely could have answered it). Very vicious, impatient, demanding tone.

I was very unwilling to answer more of his questions at this point, so he said "Is there a REASON you can't tell me your address? Keeping in mind you're speaking to the FRAUD AND SECURITY department?" Capital used to show his tone. This is a flat out threat. You might hear this from a police officer while they're handcuffing you, not from a customer service rep.

I ended up just answering his questions, because I didn't want him to mark my file and give me a permanent record. And once he got all my info, he simply informed me that he closed my account - never checked with me again (it had been 15 minutes since we started speaking), never read me any disclosures. I was even expressing doubt about whether or not I wanted to close the account (whether I wanted him to be the one to do it), but he didn't take that into consideration. He also never answered my question, after I answered his.

It's one thing for a service rep to be untrained, incompetent, stressed. But it's another thing entirely for them to outright threaten you. There is absolutely no reason for any service person to treat any client, in any setting, like this. I've never made a late payment and never had a cent of interest, and I stopped using all Capital One cards at the exact same time; there's nothing fraudulent about my activities, it simply says "I don't want to bank with you anymore". Fraud department employee's name is Jesse, employee ID **. I hope that this isn't fake info he gave me.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Capital One has a policy of not transferring points to a spouse when the other one dies. Their reasoning is that there is only one main Vantage cardholder and that cardholder is the only one allowed to use the points or "give permission" for them to be used. When I questioned this they said that is the law. Why? We pay our account off every month and were charge to accrue points. What a surprise when I found out I cannot use the points due to the death of my husband. They said he isn't around to "give you permission." Something is wrong with this picture! Shame on them.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Watch out from Capital One Mobile iPhone App. It's 0---0. Watch out very horrible to access your account compare to AMEX APP 5 Star. Discover Mobile App 5 Star. Chase APP 5 Star. Capital One Mobile App is Horrible. Not even One Star. Very bad for consumer. Even their customer service very incompetent. I end up change my password and create new password then change my email address on desk to get new access to mobile app. The consumer service after I call them twice with no result. I figure it out who to go around their incompetent poor system, I feel I am in Dinasour age with Capital One.

I feel very sorry with other consumer who they deal with type of low budget shady company, their support they have a broken accent. Their contact center somewhere in Asia. Very hard to communicate with. Watch out from this company.You might end up with migraine headache and nerve breakdown. Thanks God my 8 year old he is software developer. He can teach this company new software so he can upgrade to digital age!!! Capital One is not big deal!!! Big who you can give easy access and be friendly with your consumers!!!

Original review: July 7, 2018

Capital One is charging it's customers a penalty rate and jacking up the interest rate to 22.99% on the spark business credit card if the customer is 3 days late. That is not only unfair and absurd, it's very bad business. I don't know any CC company that penalizes it's customers when they're less than 30 days late. I've had an AMEX platinum business card for 13 yrs and have never paid a late fee unless I was 30 days late. I absolutely will move my business account elsewhere. Their customer service is horrible as well.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Spent 20 minutes waiting on line while the clerks at the 59th & 3rd branch discussed her personal business with a customer that was being served by another clerk. When I asked is something me working I received an attitude from the manager and clerk. Both became irate and very unprofessional. I closed out both of my accounts being that this is the 3rd time I came to this branch (closest to my house) and got disrespected. It won't happen again, at least not at Capital One!

Original review: July 5, 2018

Last October I noticed interest and fees on my credit card. I ALWAYS pay the FULL balance each month and never pay any kind of fees. I have now called 4 times (at least an hour each time on the phone) and get instructions of what I am to do. I do it and the next month here comes another bill with interest and fees on top of interest and fees. I just wrote a letter to the President/CEO and don't expect to get any response. I have closed the account and it would be my advice that you go elsewhere if you need a credit card... DON'T USE CAPITAL ONE. I think their phone people are very poorly trained but it appears their jobs are on the line if they don't collect every bogus charge they can... They must be on an incentive program and get rewarded for collecting ALL charges whether they are bogus or not. A supposed supervisor today (name Joe) actually yelled at me on the phone... What kind of business allows their employees to do this?

Original review: July 4, 2018

Capital One Bank is the worst financial organization in the US. For those that were not aware of the banking oligarch business practice, I am advising everyone to please stay away from patronage of this company. Their advertisement is racial targeted to ** and Latino groups. I got cash advance based on the advice from the staff that I can easily paid off my cash advance once I am making payment over my monthly due and all overpayment will help to pay off the cash advance. I got $1000 cash advance since 2016 and every months I have making regular payment and above but my cash advance remained with balance of $900 as at July 2018.

I got enough cash to pay off my cash advance but the Bank refused to take cash payment to pay off my cash advance alone but insisted that I must pay off all the credit balance. I petition to FTC but the bank management were adamant to letting me pay off the cash advance and with 27% the bank enjoyed ripping me off with large interest rate on cash advance. I went to the bank location at Dallas TX this morning July 3, 2018 trying to pay off my cash advance. Ms Jasmin ** at Lemmon and Douglas branch attended to me and the bank refused to take the cash payment to offsetting my cash advance which I got in 2016. Please buyer beware. Do not patronize this bank for any reason.

I am here to seeking your public advise as I am about to abandon my monthly payment and letting it go to collection and we can negotiate the balance for any amount. The FTC can't assist me and all my effort calling and going to different branches with cash to pay off my cash advance is not yielding any possible solution. Capital One Bank will send or mail you any advertisement letter from Pre-Approval for car loan and others. Please ignore the banking practice targeted to racial group. I am soliciting from legal group and public on any way to moving forward with the scrupulous banking management and all I ask is wanting to eradicating my cash advance loan. If you are new with bad credit or of ** or Latino group, please stay away from CAPITAL ONE banking. I knew it's hard to fight with banking system in America but collectively we can do it.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Waited a long time for a phone rep, then you get customer no service rep that thinks she's right and has the power to your savings account. NOT. Closing out my account and take my 200k somewhere else. PLUS their online account HAS NO secure email feature. They made it hard to communicate with them once we deposited $$$$ to their online savings. It took me 5 mins to write this complaint and almost an hour to stay on phone with one.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I made my Capital One credit card payment by mistake. So called customer card to cancel that payment. They told me it's in process so they cant cancel that right now but they will take care and return the money once it's completed. So I waited for 24 hours as per their expert opinion and now when I calling them they for money they telling me it's not their policy. I made payment of 5000$ and now it's gone, it is very frustrating. Don't fall for their offers, just use other financial services, very unprofessional and not trustworthy business institution CAPITAL ONE.

Original review: June 27, 2018

After receiving an annual fee notice on my bill I called and cancelled the card on April 9, 2018. I got the balance on that day and paid it off that day. The payment cleared on April 10th. They are continuing to send me bills against a card that was closed on 4/9 and refuse to fix it. I spoke with 3 alleged levels today on the phone for over 50 minutes. I owe them nothing and they refuse to correct this.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Capital One turned Me down when I applied for the same (Quicksilver) Credit Card that I paid off after using it for more than 4 Years without a single late Payment and I had a $5000.00 Credit Line!!! Knowing that I still have a Car Loan with them that I had since more than 5 Years and paid more than $17000.00 without any late payments, always paid more and early, and I owe less than $500.00 Now. The reasons for the Decline is because I only have One other Credit Card Which by the way is in good standing. And when I called them and after I was routed from a couple Countries Overseas, their Supervisor said they cannot reverse the Decision!!! So here I join the Flood of Bad Reviews about Capital One to declare that never again I will even think about dealing with Capital One because they don’t care about keeping their loyal good Customers!!!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I have enough money on my accounts, however they for some reason blocked my lease automatic payments. I tried to call them so they could explain what is that they are doing. I spent 67 min on the phone before one agent pick up and then she sent me to listen to more of their annoying music.

Original review: June 19, 2018

OK. Now I completely understand all the negative reviews with Capital One. I purchased a small lab grown diamond to replace a side stone that fell out in a ring. Online purchase. It was $700. The company charged $700 on the date of purchase, then charged $700 AGAIN the next day. I called the company and they would not answer. (numerous tries). I investigate the company the day after the purchase and find out that this company is in Israel. Yes I should have done my homework first, and that's all on me. I call Capital One Immediately and tell them to investigate this, as the company charged me twice and will not communicate with me. The agent on the phone put me on hold, then came back to say "these charges are pending, we have to wait until the charges are posted and complete before we can do anything, but do not worry, we will take care of this".

Well, the 2 charges posted the next day. $700 X 2. After even more numerous failed attempts to contact the company that day, I called Capital One again. I told them this appears to be a fraudulent company and I want them blocked from charging my account anymore. The agent said not to worry, and they always "take care of their customers". The agent said they would open a dispute and deal with the company directly. A few days later I received a credit on my account (from Capital One) for $700. OK, that's a start, but where's the OTHER $700? The next day, I receive a credit for $700 from the merchant in Israel. OK, this is strange, but I'm back to zero with this mess so I don't care. The very next day, Capital One closes my credit account due to fraudulent activity.

Well, OK, I guess I can understand that, since I was the idiot that tried to purchase something from Israel. I have good credit so I just thought I would work it out with Capital One someday in the future. YEAH RIGHT! 3 WEEKS LATER, I go on my Capital One mobile app to deposit a check into my 360 checking account I have with them. The closed credit account is still linked to the Capital One mobile app... For three weeks it stated the credit account was restricted and had a ZERO balance. Dead account. So when I log in that day, the credit account is still closed, but has a balance of $700!!! The charge detail stated "transaction rebill". Of course I lost it and called Capital One again. They proceeded to tell me that I was originally charged $700, then they (Capital One) credited my account $700, then the merchant credited my account $700, so I owe them $700... Oh that was quite a conversation.

I'm talking to the agent as I'm looking at my account, and he cannot see the TWO $700 charges from the merchant as I'm looking at them at that exact time? The Capital One agent said they made a mistake when they credited my account $700. I then asked “if this was a dispute over fraudulence, why didn't Capital One credit me the full $1400 charge?” He had no answer, and that made me livid. He stated that there is no record of the original merchant charging me twice! I asked him to look at his notes, and the notes were correct, I was charged twice. BUT there is no record on his screen, while I'm staring at it on MY screen. I did not end the conversation with the Capital One agent, HE ended it. He stated that "I can repeat myself as many times as I like, but their $700 credit was an error, and I have a $700 balance that I must pay". He was SO RUDE I had no words. I told him, “My credit score is worth more than $700 so YOU WIN.”

"Thank you for choosing Capital One, is there anything else I can help you with today"? ..."yeah, you can eat **" (that's actually what I said, and it was a terrible thing to say to a person, but I was very angry). This story of Capital One's madness is way too long. These stories are all over the net. Summary: Day 1: Merchant charges $700. Day 2: Same merchant charges $700 AGAIN. Day 3: Capital One opens a dispute. Day 6: Capital One credits my account $700. Day 7: Original seller credits my account $700. Day 8: Capital One closes my account due to fraudulent activity, with a zero balance. Day 28: My CLOSED Capital One credit account has a new balance of $700. Day 28: Capital One stated there is no evidence of the merchant charging me twice, and they made an error in crediting my account $700. (I'm looking at it RIGHT NOW, easy math here folks)

Capital One agent gets heated and rude on the phone, and his accent made his English barely understandable when he was getting angry. Funny I was not angry at all, I was trying to solve a very apparent problem with a calm demeanor. Day 29: I pay Capital One $700 to squash this and not let it affect my credit score. (SOMEONE GOT A BONUS?) I'm done with Capital One, and if you are thinking of banking with them in ANY way, save yourself the inevitable troubles that will come your way.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I've banked with Capital One for over 3 years. Had a great review up until today. My husband and I got scammed by what seemed like a legitimate company and turned out to be fraud. The person sent a check which looked authentic. I went to deposit it into the ATM, 2 days later found out it was fake. I cooperated with capital as best I could to get these people. I was assured the investigation would end shortly and my account would be placed active again. Today I called to see if there was an update on the status and was informed that the investigator response was that they will close all accounts and no new accounts considered which if you ask me, is unprofessional.

When you bank for over 3 years, have plenty of things coming out and money going into the account, you shouldn't be held liable for a mistake you didn't create. Now, we have bills coming up, it's 2 days before payday, the company can't stop the direct deposit and we now have to wait until the deposit is denied and sent back before he can receive a paper check. They have cost me quite a bit in late fees due to Their crappy service. I will never recommend them to anyone else!??

Original review: June 19, 2018

Capital One card allows you to accumulate points and redeem them in different ways. However, I redeemed my points to apply the equated amount to my card. My reason was to make that month's payment because I don’t have a job at the moment and needed to make my next payment until I get a check. Well Capital One doesn’t allow that, which is stupid. My redeemed points can’t apply to my payment. Think again about the card you apply for.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have made payments to my credit card on time every month. I noticed today my min payment went from $30.00 to $66.00. I am so confused as to why this drastic change. The card is NOT over the limit... I need answers.

Original review: June 18, 2018

If I could give 0 stars I would. We opened this card and spent a large amount of money on it in the first month of having it. On the day the bill was due we connected our bank account to the card and paid $5000 towards it, $2000 more than what was due for that period. The system online said the routing/account number was approved. We received multiple emails saying, "Thank you for your payment" and that the payment was posted. 4 days later we received an email saying that the payment did not go through because the routing number was entered in incorrectly - which we of course would never have known.

That day we re-entered the information in and made a payment that went through. We called the customer service line and asked that the interest we were charged be refunded - which I thought would be no problem at all. After 45 minutes speaking to a "supervisor" we were told that there was nothing they could do. AWFUL!!! We did nothing wrong. We thought we were making a payment on time and had no idea that anything was wrong until it was too late and they refused to go back and fix THEIR mistake. I've never dealt with such bad customer service. We will be closing our account and doing business elsewhere and I strongly suggest that NO ONE open an account with Capital One. They are a greedy corporate company and they do not care about their clients.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I am a college student with stellar grades. I've worked the past two summers and filed a tax return in 2017 since my income was high enough to remove me from my parents' income tax as a deduction. For the past year, I've received numerous pre-screened offers from Capital One that deemed me "prequalified" for a credit card.

Finally I decided it might be good to establish credit, especially since I will be a senior in the fall and entering the workforce full-time next year. I called Capital One's customer service department for assistance with my application and told them my income. They asked me to submit proof of such (my tax return), which I did. Then I was rejected and now I have an unnecessary hard inquiry on my credit report, which is a derogatory mark and may hurt my chances of getting a credit card even more. Given that I'm a college student, it doesn't seem very fair to dangle an offer repeatedly and then reject me. I certainly won't choose to do business with this company in the future.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have been trying unsuccessfully to have Capital One close out my deceased husband's Capital One savings account. They have received copies of his probated Will, death certificate, etc. and still they will not issue payment to close out the account. My attorney is beyond frustrated since there are no other documents that can be provided to Capital One and the answers I get from my phone calls are that their "death unit" is handling the matter and, no, there is no way I can talk to someone in the unit. I firmly believe that the unit gets their "jollies" by constantly reminding their customers that someone they loved is now dead. If you have a Capital One savings account I strongly recommend you consider closing it and moving your money to another firm who is more customer friendly.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I am saddened by my latest and unfortunately last time I will contact Capital One. I currently have 4 accounts (2 car loans and 2 credit cards) with Capital One and never really have had any issues and am a very loyal customer. I have been with the company for years. I would always recommend the company because both the credit cards and car loans I had was fantastic. I was under the impression that the company cared for their customers and would be more understanding when assistances is needed. The issue was today, I called because a few weeks back I had totaled my car and my insurance company had cut a check to Capital One. I also had GAP insurance which would pay the difference not covered by my insurance company. All this information was already submitted to Capital One.

The customer rep I spoke to even confirmed this. The problem was that I owed my car payment the next day which I wanted waived or extended because the car was totaled. This would allow time for all the paperwork to clear. The customer service rep was not understand and just said no. It's like she did not care. Saying sorry or I understand is not world class service which I thought is what Capital One did. There was no empathy or understanding that I was asked to pay a car payment which was going to be paid off for a car I no longer had. It was like she just wanted to milk me for every dime she could. How is that right? By paying the payment, I was for fitting my money. This way the GAP would pay less than was the insurance company valued my car at. How is this even fair.

If my payment was due 10 days later none of this would be an issue. Sorry I did not plan for someone to cause an accident and total my car. This is not how you treat someone going through such a terrible moment in their life. I lost my car and instead of helping me and guiding me to get a new one because that is what I planned. I planned to use Capital One again as I have done with all my car loans. I was shut down and told, “You can do what you want to do”. How can you say that. If I don’t make the payment my credit score would be hit which would impact my life. How can I be brushed off so easily. That is a long lasting impact. I am so disappointed in how little assistance was provided. I made the payment and accepted that I was not going to get any help.

What is sad is that I will no longer use my credit cards and not get my next car through Capital One. I do not know the cost it is to market to get customers but the cost to lose this one was less than $400. I know that I am one person but an ocean starts with one drop. If Capital One does not see this is wrong I don’t know how much longer the great name will stand. I send this not for a refund or anything. It is because this was wrong. Just wrong.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I've had their card for 15 years. I use automatic bank withdrawals to pay. On a $343 dollar balance, they increased my min payment from $20-$25, and when the auto payment came in, it was $5 short and they charged a $25 late fee! Compared to my Chase Visa, where the balance is $1200 and the min payment is only $25!!! Customer service refused to waive the fee because they had waived in once in the past year (due to a disputed charge that they removed, and then put back on and again, increasing my ZERO balance). AFTER 15 YEARS of always paying on time...for $25 late fee they were willing to lose all future business from me. That's called being GREEDY and OPPORTUNISTIC.

Original review: June 8, 2018

If I could give it negative stars I would. THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER and THEY DON'T HAVE ANY ANSWERS. First of all I sent in a big payment to pay my monthly bill and the rest on the principal. These people took the money and put it towards June's bill and July's bill and the rest on the principal. Well, I called them up an told them the problem and to put July's payment on the principal which was $432.25. Well, the first girl I talked to gave me the correct figure it should be. When it finally posted my principal had only gone down $58.58, which was only 2 days later. I then called back and of course nobody knows about only applying to the principal and nobody can tell me why it only went down $58.58 when the whole $432.25 was to go towards the principal. And after 5 more phone calls to their very rude customer service I still have not gotten any answers or results.

I have now emailed the complaint line with the details an now they are "supposedly" forwarding the email to the President's office and they want to know if I would like to receive a call. No, I don't want a phone call I have been on the phone with them for a combined total of over 4 hours. What a bunch of garbage, the worst business I have ever had to deal with. I guess now I will be sending a letter to corporate headquarters. THE WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH AND THE RUDEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER.

Capital One Company Information