2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.01/5

Capital One has credit cards to help you earn points to use towards major purchases, including travel. Read reviews for Capital One Venture to learn about travel rewards.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Capital One Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One?

Original review: July 28, 2020

I had an experience where my card was stolen and a representative reached out to verify my purchases and it was at that point I realize I didn’t had my card. She was very helpful in assisting me with addressing the issue.

Original review: July 27, 2020

After I stopped adding or withdrawing funds in my savings account they took my money without warning. They sent me 22 documents (18 statements, 3 letters saying it was closed and a closure statement) but didn't warn me of closure "because it's not legally required".

Original review: July 27, 2020

I’ve been having Capital One since I started working and I’ve always wanted to build my credit and I did it with them and they are very understanding about everything and I would definitely recommend and if I had loan I would love it also.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I interact with the online access, it is very easy to use and informative, everything that one could need from customer service is available a click away within the website. They have an excellent customer protection from fraudulent charges on the account, rapid and efficient response.

Original review: July 27, 2020

Capital one has ease of app to complete all transactions and includes credit score monitoring which is a big plus in the times we live in today! Also offers cashback on purchases and low-interest rates! I would highly recommend this card for anyone.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Used the card for many years, generally positive experience. Not really sure if I'll continue to use Capital, might be looking for a change. Like that I can use my rewards when shopping at Amazon. All in all, it has been a mostly positive experience.

Original review: July 26, 2020

It has been in the news that credit cards are offering assistance when it comes to being impacted by corona virus problems. It would be nice if they would waive the fees during this period of crises, but they are not willing to do so. Some other cards are doing this. It makes me not want to deal with Capital One anymore.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Capital One is not a very good company for customers. They aren't willing to work with you if you have issues with your bill. The annual fee is much too high for the level of service provided. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Original review: July 26, 2020

I have three Capital One credit cards -- a MasterCard, a Visa (used as a backup when I travel) and a second MasterCard. I got the second MC because it gives higher rewards for grocery and restaurant purchases. Occasionally, I have had problems, such as fraudulent charges. Calls to Capital One have solved them immediately. Their customer service reps are knowledgeable and extremely courteous.

Original review: July 25, 2020

I think a person who has a bad attitude is reviewing these auto loans. I have a Capital One Credit card in good standing. I have been a customer for two years and have never been late. My credit score is 620 and I wanted to apply to get a used car. Nothing expensive or anything. I have lived at the same address for 8 years. I have several credit cards that are in good standing and I was turned down. The reason they gave was too many inquiries and not enough credit history.?? Three years is not enough? And I have a vendor that is coming off due to I was a victim of fraud. I believe if you already have a credit card in good standing they should at least give their customers a call and go over why you're being turned down and let the customer give an explanation if possible. Just don't stamp in big letters DENIED.

Capital One Company Information