1.23/5
Based on 369 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Capital One

We're on a mission for our customers—bringing them great products, rewards and service. We're here to listen and to help!

4095 Capital One Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 14, 2018

I've been a loyal customer of Capital One for years and have paid a substantial amount in interest and have not scared because I love them; however, I reached out to try and get a little assistance and three different people one of which was a supervisor lied to me saying they don't provide the type of help I asked for. This completely blew my mind with frustration and just cannot believe that they were not able to help in any way, shape or form and lie about the whole situation. Just completely unprofessional and makes me don't even want to utilize my Capital One account any longer or recommend this to anyone again. I really hope that someone might be able to take into consideration and maybe at least reach back out to me and maybe trying to explain why I was lied to and just treated like a un-valued customer. Truly sad!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have informed Capital One I am not working but plan to return in early May. Apparently this is not enough. Relentless calling even after 9 PM. I am at my wit's end with these people, but I guess that is what they want so as to break you down and even borrow the money to pay THEM. Also they have totally destroyed my credit rating.

Original review: April 13, 2018

How awful to just throw a good customer away simply because they entered their payment incorrectly. First, I live with & share expenses with someone. I told them NOT to touch the $ in my bank because I had paid an extra payment to CO to generate reward. It was returned because they did remove money. Then, this month my income tax was coming in so I hurried and paid off both of my cards. I selected the wrong day and it didn’t clear. As SOON as I found out I resubmitted and it cleared. Now... That being said, my payment was NOT even due, I have NEVER been late, and I almost always pay it off or above minimum. Well... They closed both of my accounts. I am brand new to credit. I only got my first card in June of 2017. I didn’t know it was a big deal. I looked at it like an extra payment to help establish credit and if something went wrong and it didn’t clear then I could just re-do it.

Things happen, but no, I get lumped in with people that intentionally miss payments or use bad checking practices etc. and now I have had both of my cards with CO closed. Thanks a lot CO for not even giving me the chance to get even a warning shot. Banks make mistakes. I make mistakes. I live in FL where we went through hurricane destruction. Etc. Etc. They lost a good customer because I have PERFECT credit. No “baddies” and 000 late payments. My TOTAL CC debt is $1,700. I’ll be applying for a REAL CC as soon as my very new credit gets better established.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I made a payment this evening, during the call the automated system said my payment wouldn't post until tomorrow but it's due today. I spoke with a csr who informed me that there was no late fee already posted to my account but there may be one in the morning. Wtf?! My bill is due the 12th, paid the 12th and on the 13th, I'll have a late fee. Great way to treat your customers!

Original review: April 12, 2018

My husband passed away in January 2018. My husband received a bill from Capital One. I called and they said I was not responsible for the bill, my name was not on it. Because of this bill Capital One put a lien on my husband's motorcycle that I am trying to sell. They told me I would have to make some payment on the credit card. I offered 500.00 (having just lost my husband, many medical bills and a mortgage, it would be tough.) They refused my offer and said I had to pay half the bill. I asked them to send me a letter per our conversation, that if I sent them half the money I would get the title. They refused. It's not their policy. I was advised by my attorney not to send the money. I tried to work with Capital One and they just wouldn't work with me. They won't even repo the bike. I was willing to make a payment on a bill that is not mine, and you guys wouldn't help. I hope to hear back from someone, if Capital One cares at all. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One?

Original review: April 11, 2018

My experience with this company has been like the majority of other reviews left by their other dissatisfied customers. Capital One recently sent me an email approving new car financing. This is a new tactic. Up to this point they were just wasting paper by sending me these loan offers. Most of these offers were sent with postage paid envelopes that I promptly filled with all the paper they sent me, not filled in of course, along with the envelope they sent it to me and mailed it back to them. I don’t care how much it cost them in postage. I am so disgusted with this company. You see about 7 years ago my mother passed away unexpectedly. I needed an increase of my credit limit as my limit is a low 1500.00. My interest rate is so high and it has been very hard to pay more than the minimum amount each month. I only asked for the amount of a plane ticket. That’s it. Nothing more.

I wasn’t surprised at all when they said they couldn’t help me. I was even in tears as I was trying to ask to speak to a supervisor to see if they might be able to help me. I was promptly told, “no”. I’ve had an account with them for a very long time. They have never lowered my interest rate when I ask either. It’s very hard to talk to anyone because communication is hard. I’m sorry but, if I became your customer while living in the United States you should provide me with English speaking customer service reps. They don’t understand me and I don’t understand them.

They have the worse customer service I have ever had. They are not caring, do not show sympathy, empathy, or reward loyalty. They are all about the money. I’m so dissatisfied with this poor excuse of a company. They wouldn’t help me go to my mother's funeral but approved me for car financing. What a damn joke. I will never apply for anything with them again. This card will be paid off soon and that’s it.

Original review: April 10, 2018

My normal credit card payment was posted March 23rd. Decided to pay off the amount on the 28th; with a post date of March 29th. Between March 29th when I paid the balance in full; I was charged $90.26 interest AFTER I paid the balance. The customer service Rep., Kevin, stated that since it was my first time paying it off (which it wasn't - I did pay it off in a large lump in 2008/2009) that I was required to pay another full month's interest. The interest was as of April 5th (one week after I paid the balance in full). I had been a member for decades. Thank you Capital One for making it easy to use a different company.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Capital One is a terrible credit card company. I had a zero balance at the end of the billing cycle. When I called to inquire why, I could not understand anything the representative was saying. The dialect was horrible. I asked to speak to a supervisor and explained that I had a zero balance and was still being charged interest. The bill was actually paid almost 2 weeks prior to the end of the billing cycle. Mind you, I have never been late and I always paid double and sometimes triple what the amount due would be. I was told that the interest was from the prior month.

I still am quite confused, but nevertheless they have received the last $34.12 from me. I am only keeping the account open because I have excellent credit and the available credit is fairly large. But you best believe they will NEVER get any more interest from me. I will only charge less than $5.00 once a year, just to keep the account open. This is very bad business practices at its best. I would never recommend this sham of a company to my worst enemy.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Capital One Quicksilver card - Capital One has extremely awful customer service. I have been given misleading information multiple times, outright lies & falsehoods. The Outsourcing to third world countries to answer the phone is unacceptable in Today's Times. You don't understand what they're saying & they don't understand what you're saying. That's Awful. I have nothing against the Hindu Indians from India but I am a United States citizen & we speak English here in the great old USA and if you want my business I expect more when I'm calling in to ask question.

First and foremost someone I can understand what the hell they're saying. I have been a customer since September 2015 & I have made over $30,000 + on payments & never once have I received a credit line increase. Yet they had the nerve to tell me, "We give out credit line increases to customers that don't even ask for them" & they had the audacity to say, "We even give customers that are currently over their credit limits/credit line increases". Totally outrageous. I filed a formal complaint with executive customer care & all they did was apologize & credit my account a lousy $100 bucks.

All Capital One is good for is high interest and low credit line. That's the bottom line. They will straight out lie to you over the phone and they will tell you falsehoods. There's no light at the end of the tunnel at Capital One. If you have decent credit I highly recommend you take your business elsewhere. This is a predatory outfit like Wells Fargo Bank modern-day snake oil salesman. It's all about the money and smoke & mirrors to achieve maximum profits. They don't give a rat's ** about their customers.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Capital One Bank customer service has gone from Great to horrible. Last 3 phone calls I made to their customer service team has been horrific particularly with employee number **. His manager Henry employee number ** act like he was helpless, no empowerment and no demonstrated no real remorse. I guess this is their norm now treat customers like they don't really matter.

Original review: April 7, 2018

You idiots updated my account address 5 months after I asked you to and now you're telling me I can't change the payment date 3 days after you guys chose one for me. I'm paid Friday 2 and you chose a Tuesday. Who the hell is that convenient for? I get direct deposit and no way will I ever be paid on a damn Tuesday. Stop ** up everyone's credit and help. No one wants a creditor out to get you, you idiots. You don't even have cashback and perks on this damn card and I had it for over 5 ** years! Treat your customers with care idiots.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I have been with Capital One for a year, and they keep denying a credit line increase due to a returned payment they say I have on my account. I have never had a late payment posted to my account, and have had a 35,000 car paid off through them. They have also pre-approved financing for another new car. This is so ironic because there is no returned payment and you can approve a new car but deny a request for a credit line increase. You cannot speak to anyone who can review account to resolve this issue. I am so disappointed in Capital since I have two credit cards with them.

Original review: April 6, 2018

In 2015 my father passed away. My mother who is now 93yo had only one credit card (VISA) she wanted and we worked to get her set as the primary on that card. My folks had several other credit cards, many of them expired or dormant. My sister and my wife both returned those cards cut in two to the respective card companies. One of them was a Capital One GM World Mastercard, that had been dormant since 2010. I remember that card because my folks got it specifically to use points to buy a GM car. When they were told it could not be used to buy a Saturn they stopped using the card. I am the POA for my Mom as she is 93 yo and has vision and hearing problems and cannot write checks or pay bills. I now pay all her bills, they come to me, I live 250 miles from her. We both live in Florida. She barely leaves her condo.

Flash forward to Feb 2018 and imagine the surprise when I am forwarded a statement for this Capital One GM card that is now suddenly reactivated and has a charge for Origin Energy Holdings Adelaide in the amount of $19 AUD. She did not reactivate the card, nor make a purchase in Australia. So I contact Capital One straight away to dispute the charges and inquire how to get a POA filed on the account. My concern is how this happened so that we can prevent other fraud. I am given a "secure web portal" to upload the POA documents, which I do, I have sent a similar packet successfully to several other banks with no problem. Nothing missing from my package. In return I got a confirmation number and a manifest showing that all the files in my packet were received. I was told it would be acted upon in 24 to 48 hours.

By Florida state law, a bank has 4 business days to approve or deny a POA request. To make a long story short, I have sent this request to three different locations at Capital One and no one can find it, nor has anyone called me. I did send a reminder letter to "general correspondence" and they did not bother to read it, they simply sent a form letter back requesting information already sent plus questions irrelevant to a POA like my citizenship and income, employer and such. I have made dozens of calls, spent hours on the phone and no one will help me close this account and restore my mother's credit standing.

This is a terrible company that seems to have a business model to provide credit to lower income and minorities (we are neither). The comments I see by others reflect a similar level of frustration and folks being denied money that was hard earned. Capital One should be shut down. I think it is operating like Wells Fargo in that someone reactivated my mother's account surreptitiously. It is an organized crime operation.

Original review: April 4, 2018

They recently closed my BuyPower card because there were a 2 or 3 payments that got returned, right? I was pissed about that because I had been making payment successfully and on time for over a year. Wrote a review about that card and I won't get into it because it'll just make me ever more upset, cause they obviously care nothing about your loyalty. But when I spoke to them about it, I SPECIFICALLY asked, "Will my other card be affected by this?", they said "no". Then, much to my surprise, I wake up this morning to find that my other card has been closed. When I asked about it, they said that if one card is closed, so are the other cards as well.

I have been jerked around and lied to so much in a month time span by this company that it is actually ridiculous. Do your self a favor, don't get this card. They don't care anything about you as a customer. All they care about is figures. Doesn't matter if you're loyal or not, in the end they screw you over and say "sorry, for the misunderstanding". I made the mistake of getting one of their cards when I was on my own for the first time but it's not too late for you. Don't do it. If you REALLY want my suggestion, go with a credit card from Bank of America. THEY actually care about you and work with you, at least in my experience.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Terrible card. Customer service is all scripted. You have to pay your card earlier than the due date. You get late fees for paying the day of. Customer service can't help you because they are only allowed to read their script. I'm so frustrated!

Original review: March 31, 2018

I got this card to build my credit, instead, they cost my credit points because they wouldn't replace money on my card that was stolen by a criminal company. Four times over four months they allowed another company to take $25.00 out of my account. My card was MasterCard Canada; the company that kept on taking my money out was MasterCard U.S. Go figure!

Original review: March 30, 2018

Thanks for taking a small chance on me as your card holder! I wanted a card that could help me build trust and credit at the same time. Keep up the thoughtful customer service Capital One, always good to know y'all have the customer in mind when developing products. Yes! I’m loving the APP, and how easy you can personalize it, I’m all about customization!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I called Capital One for assistance in January for a charge I was disputing for a camping reservation I canceled. Never received my credit. Have called back 8 times since January 16th only to be told today they need me to submit my original charge of which they should have since I can access it online. If you needed that information, do not wait 3 months to ask me for it. Still going around and around over a charge that should be super simple to take care of. Capital One does not have your back or provide the consumer with the protection we deserve. Everyone should cancel their cards and pick another service provider that cares about their customers.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Back in September of 2016 I lost my job and became unemployed and did not receive unemployment benefits. I expressed this to Capital One being that I had a credit card with them with a 500 credit limit and they insisted that my account will be fine. I missed December & January 2017 30.00 payments and once I got a job and paid them on 1/28/17 I realized my credit score went from 680 to 450! So I called all three credit agencies and they told me there is nothing that will bring my score up to 680 besides Capital One removing those 2 missed/late payment of your credit report!

So I called Capital One and spoke with over 20 supervisors who told me they cannot removed negative remarks off my credit report until I stumbled across one STUPID supervisor who told my Capital One does removed negative remarks off people credit reports. It just depends on the situation! The manager then refused to explain why my situation did not apply and became argumentative! There is nothing you can do in America with a 457 credit score not rent, take out mortgage auto loan nothing and they are quite aware of this!

So I kept calling and finally got a supervisor who told me she would have the two late payment removed from my report so I waited 30 days. After 30 days Equifax updated my score back in the 600's and the Capital One late payments remarks were gone! So I check TransUnion and Experian only to see my score with them was still 457. So I called back AND ASKED WHY WAS THE LATE PAYMENT REMOVED ONLY FROM EQUIFAX?

The manager then told me she will resend out to TransUnion and Experian to remove those negative remarks making my score 457. You should guess what happened in 30 more days!!! Yup! All 3 agencies now have my score at 457! Yup even Equifax who just had my score at 680! So the manager keep lying to me from 1/01/2017 until 5/5/2017 saying they will removed the score after at first they said they couldn't but still haven't and giving me the runaround! I have wrote numerous letters to corporate which they said were abusive after ruining my life lol and now they saying none of these 1000 existed!

I am permanently not able to do anything because I missed 2 30.00 payment with Capital One due to me being unemployed which they already knew and still told me I was fine! They are the only ones that can fix this situation yet they refuse to! I even contact 5 lawyers who refused the case because the payment were only 60.00 $ and the credit card max is 500.00 which shows how disgusting they are! Had someone score dropped 300 points for 60.00$ and measly 500.00 credit limit! May all people who work for Capital One burn in hell! They are a evil satanic company! May their kids, kids, kids, kids kids suffer! Still not resolved. SCREW Capital One. Spoke with someone on 3/28/18 who said they will not fix it!

Original review: March 28, 2018

Called Capital One to request a lower interest rate as every few months they are increasing my credit limit. 7 years a customer, never a missed or late payment, paid off over 8,000 and carrying a zero balance when I called. Their offer? 20% APR for 7 months... Then back to 24.9%. They have raised my lines of credit to almost 10,000! Would charge any significant amount on a 20 - 24% rate? My credit union is offering 7.9 - 14% Thanks for the insult Capital One! I closed both credit accounts, am transferring my Roth IRA and closing my Capital One investment account and will close my Kohl's account that is also through Capital. I won't appreciate any company who doesn't appreciate my hard earned! My credit union thanks you too... They're getting the new business!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I got charge $205.92 from a merchant for professional services, but the merchant did not do what they were supposed to do on their behalf. Capital One have to credit the amount charge to my account, but never did that's why I'm posting this review. On top of that after I paid the whole balance on my account they still charge me interest! Now I call them to close my account, get Citibank cards. They don't charge annual fee. No interest for 18 months. Forget Capital One.

Original review: March 27, 2018

We traded in our car and Capital One has been giving us the runaround and not paying the car off so the dealership can get the title. The dealership has sent 2 checks and Capital One keeps returning the check and not just paying the car off.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Overall, I have had a 4 to 5 star experience holding a Capital One credit card for several years. However, I am not of the “kick ‘em when they’re down” mentality, & I find the practice offensive, whether personal or business. When my finances shifted for the worse about a year and a half ago, I tried to “maintain.” When I acknowledged the degree to which I was challenged to do so, I reluctantly decided to enter a debt management program. I am dedicated to expunging my consumer debt and have honored my contract to abstain from obtaining credit elsewhere.

However, I find the set interest rate Capital One established for me while I endure this hand-to-mouth existence to be the least helpful of any of my creditors! Citibank is much more supportive of my plight, as is USAA. Both banks set my rates at less than 5%, which is manageable, & it also helps me make some progress on the debt. Capital One: not so much. Their rate is triple the others, and I am chipping away on debt there at a snail’s pace by compare. This is not a “scathing” review, I know; but it is a matter of fact, and offers a contrast among 3 bigger banks. If you have a choice, I recommend Citibank over Capital One by a long shot. And USAA just rocks on principle. Military life is hard on families. That bank actually serves those families well.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Capital One has been my bank for many years. Last year I came into a lot of money with the sale of my mother’s house. The Banker named Christine ** at my branch in Staten Island kept harassing me each time I came into the bank, urging me to "Do something with my money-It is too much money and Nobody keeps savings accounts anymore-It is old-fashioned". I told her that I will be buying a home in North Carolina by the fall (2017) and that it doesn't pay to embroil myself with C.O Bank anymore as I will be leaving NY soon; I need the money for expenses and there are no CO Banks in NC. She looked up the zip code in NC and told me there was one right in the town where I was looking which turned out to be false!

With this information, I agreed to see the Financial Advisor/Vice President Alex B. Christine **. sat in on our meeting (and kept encouraging me to go through with this). I told Alex B that I am too old/poor health to follow the stock market; I have already lost a lot with Cap. One investing years ago as a young Nurse; that it cannot be tied up because I will need the money soon, to be taken out in increments as I go along purchasing furniture/expenses (and medical bills). Mr Alex B said "No problem. I will set you up with a liquid account so that you can easily take the money out as you need it, It will be conservative so that you don't stand to lose money and you don't have to follow the stock market and it will be income producing - much more than a savings account can offer.”

Mr Alex B even showed me an account on his computer of a Nurse who put in $100,000 and was happily making an income - I did not see any negative numbers or their exorbitant fees on her account-only gains. Feeling confident about this and the positive information given to me, I signed on the dotted line and turned over my whole savings - $100,000 into this account. Now I have an empty house in North Carolina. I cannot spend the money freely - it is not mine but their money even though CAPITAL ONE WENT DEFUNCT IN FEBRUARY 2018 for which I was never informed of!

So to make a long story short: I was not told that there are no Capital One banks in North Carolina! I was not informed that I will have to call up Alex B at Capital One investing when I need money for expenses so that he could send a voucher to my home in NC! He made it sound as easy as a savings account! Alex B. did not inform me of risks, penalties, fees and loss of value when I take out the money I need. He did not inform me that I must keep the money in the account long term in order to increase value even though I told him I would need this money soon, that I cannot tie it up or keep it long term as I will be needing the money within a few months!

They did not inform me that this product is risky and loses value and is not FDIC insured! In addition BOTH CHRISTINE ** and ALEX B convinced me by the end of the meeting to take out a CAPITAL ONE MORTGAGE LOAN for which I did and was approved - THE MORTGAGE DIVISION IS NOW DEFUNCT ALSO!!! Christine ** harassed me about that too and I assured her that I applied and was approved but decided to pay for the house in full since I had the money in my savings and did not want the extra burden of paying another bill! I was never told that Capital One investing will cease to exist! My money has been in this 6 months now - and I do not know how to proceed.

IF I withdraw - I stand to lose a lot of my money. I am contemplating meeting with a Lawyer about this. It is confusing to know how to proceed as I am given conflicting information by Cap.one employees - "I stand to lose money if I withdraw, It will increase in value - give it 1-2 years ( don't have that much time), you haven't given it enough time". The value is decreasing dramatically as I write this. This is not the life that I envisioned for myself. This has put a damper on the joy of being a new homeowner. I am wondering how long I must keep it in while I am not able to dress my home or keep up with expenses. I am on Disability and Medicare and told Alex and Christine that I need the money for this also and cannot chance to lose it or have it not easily accessible. Why couldn't they advise me and guide me to a more suitable account-fitted to My needs and not THEIRS?

I would have never signed the contract 6 months ago had I known that there were no Capital One banks in NC and that Capital One Investing will cease to exist. I am older and like to have the bank nearby for my banking needs. There is NO MORE Capital One Investing. I was told by Cap. One investing by telephone that accounts are being handled by the "National Advice Center" which according to Google is hard to find. Then these accounts will be turned over to the FSC which I was told by a Cap. One Financial Planner (at the toll free number) stands for "Financial Advisor Group" which I can't find on the Internet also.

Who are these people and why should I trust THEM-FSC - with my money if I can't even trust Capital One? Please let me know if YOU HAVE BEEN DECEIVED BY Capital One Investing also! My guess is that Capital One knew that they were failing and needed to draw in more money for customers who had large amounts in their savings. The employees are vultures who Target, Harass and deceive customers until they get you to do what they want you to do - All FOR THE BENEFIT OF CAPITAL ONE BANK AND NOT THE CUSTOMER!

Original review: March 26, 2018

After trying to work through a payment schedule supporting my daughter who lost her husband, is unemployed and the mother of four children under 12, I am too exhausted to write the details of this horrid company. I have spoken with too many representatives, all with different plans, none which help in any way. The only benefit for anyone is the company racks up interest and late fees. DO NOT DO BUSINESS with this company. I score them minus any star rating.

Original review: March 24, 2018

On 3/244/15 I called Capital One Credit Card Division at 1:15 pm as instructed by an email from them regarding a fraudulent charge. The initial customer representative wanted to speak to the primary cardholder, who is unable to speak due to health. I explained that information to Capital One representative and stated the charge was fraud and please take the steps necessary to secure my account; adjust, freeze or close - I don't care. Just protect my account. He still insisted on speaking to the primary cardholder. At that point we had been on the call for 26 minutes. I requested a supervisor; he put me on hold for 57 minutes!! When the supervisor came on the line we had the same conversation to no avail. I will close my accounts. I will not pay one cent for any fraud.

Original review: March 23, 2018 I am the DPOA for my grandmother and tried opening a MMA for her. The account was flagged so I had to submit my DPOA paperwork and a notarized Agent/Conservator form Capital One requires. I tried opening the account on 1/18/18. I submitted DPOA paperwork on 1/25/18. I submitted the notarized Agent/Conservator form on 2/26/18. The reason this took so long is they didn't notify me this form was required for 2-3 weeks after submitting DPOA paperwork.

I have called Capital One multiple times, asking for status updates because I cannot access the account but even though it was flagged for security - they withdrew the $10k from my grandmother's checking account. So, the money was hostage.

During this process, I received an email that we needed to contact them or risk the account being closed. I called and then had my 95yr old grandmother call (even though she is easily confused - hence why I'm DPOA). She was told everything was good to go. Now, on 3/23/2018, I received an email saying the account is closed and the funds will be sent back because "they haven't heard from us". Ironic, right? I call again. They tell me the department that validates the Agent/Conservator form is understaffed and way behind schedule. They will review my form about 1 month after I sent it to them. So, because they are behind schedule - the account was closed.

Bottom line, the Capital One process for a DPOA to open an account is disconnected, fragmented and not logical. Capital One could have cared less that I've had to call them 10+ times, done everything they've told me to do - yet they close the account because they are understaffed and behind. Makes sense! All I have to do now is call back in 4-5 days and see if the form has been processed. If so, I can go thru the entire process of trying to fund and re-open the account. In the meantime, my grandmother has missed out on 2+ months of interest and had her $10k held (making them money) while we wait for their process.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I have been a customer with Capital One for almost two years and I called in reference to a credit limit increase and had the worst customer service experience I have ever had. I was told that there was no one to talk to or ask questions about anything to do with a credit limit increase. I asked to speak to the supervisor and was put on hold for about thirty seconds and the same person came back on and said they were the supervisor and gave the same name, Kay, as the first person and had the exact distinctive accent. The pronunciation of her words were exactly the same. So I was lied to twice. I don't believe for a second that a company as large as Capital One doesn't have a dept for this and then for "Kay" to come back on the line and pretend to be the supervisor. It was really obvious that it was the same person, really obvious.

Updated on 05/12/2018: The company responded to my post asking for my contact info so we could work something out. I answered the message and so far no callback or anything. It's been a couple of weeks. I honestly think they just wanted it to appear like they were trying to resolve the issue. Worst customer service ever. Go with Credit One or your local bank never get a card from Capital One. Paying mine off and closing the account.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have had this credit card for over ten years and it had been good for points and travel. Recently their customer service representatives are unreasonable, uninformed, and ignorant. In one instance my username was changed without my consent and they would not help me to access the account. After two phone calls with stupid and stubborn I was so angry I have decided to cancel my longstanding account. I pay $35 a year for the pleasure of being treated by people that don't know anything about customer service. Not anymore.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER WITH CAPITAL ONE FOR OVER 2 YEARS AND I CALLED AND REQUEST A CREDIT LINE INCREASE BECAUSE MY DAD passed away and my family and I didnt have the money for burial expenses, after 2 years of on time payments they denied it. All they said was sorry they couldn't help. This is the worsest card ever and after this I will be closing my account and paying them off, please find another credit card. They are not what they appear to say they are.

Capital One Company Information