2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.67/5
Based on 1,372 ratings submitted in the last year

Capital One has credit cards to help you earn points to use towards major purchases, including travel. Read reviews for Capital One Venture to learn about travel rewards.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Capital One Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One?

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Capital One is like most cards, however, the reason I signed up for this card is that it does not charge for foreign transactions. Fortunately, a number of other cards are now not charging for foreign transactions.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I have an 827 FICO score and bunches of credit cards I've amassed over the years. Since cancelling a card can have a negative affect on my credit rating, I don't cancel the ones I don't use but I only use the Capital One. Never an error, online billing is timely and accurate.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Am very pleased with the quick access I had to this card after filing bankruptcy. Also they raised my limit after only 3 payments. And gave me an offer to refinance my Jeep.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

I have had no problems when it comes to using this card. I can pay easily on line, their app, or my bank's app. I get free credit report and score with notifications of anything has changed.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

They practice unfair and deceptive business tactics - are racist - and will discriminate in their card fees, limits and culture - they are borderline criminal in their tactics - stay away - you don't need a card that badly.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

The agents can't explain their own policies. Slow, inefficient and unable to answer my questions about my account. I certainly don't feel safe with this level of incompetence. Closed the account within a week.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Consumer credit card company has helped me to increase my credit rating. They have raised my credit limit at least three times. They often offer me opportunities to purchase merchandise at a lower cost. They will help me to purchase another car by giving me a pre-approved account.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

I used for Costco and all it gives you is what you owe at end of month. It would be great if more closely linked and give details of ALL purchases.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Having a credit card and keeping payments current has definitely helped my credit rating. My problem is that there is an annual fee and there are no rewards. I realize my credit was poor and was lucky to get a credit card so really can't complain. I do like having the card for gas purchases due to the high occurrence of theft through using debit cards at gas pumps. I pay my card off every month for most part to avoid high interest rate.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Capital One is by far the best card out there! The rates are great and their customer service is above par. They also have never left me on hold long or transferred me to several people to get a resolution. I love Capital One!

Capital One Company Information